2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.8/5 (181 ratings)

About Thomasville Furniture

Thomasville Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thomasville Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thomasville Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I bought a table for my living room which was from the Fredericksburg collection. The table was defective as it had a large gap in the corner of it where the leg should meet the side. I have bought Thomasville furniture before but never will again. At nearly $1000 this kind of quality should never leave the manufacturer. Thomasville does not stand by their product and they give you the runaround. BEWARE!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Attached are pictures of the Spellbound Metal Chairside table. The table on the left is the new table that I received. The table on the right is the table that's the floor model at the Thomasville store that I thought I would receive. It's apparent that the two table finishes are completely different colors. The store manager, was not willing to allow me to return the table, order a new one or give me any discount for exchanging the new table with the floor model. This was also the response from the customer service department in North Carolina.

It's really sad that for a $340 sale they were not willing to do anything that could improve my opinion about the quality/adequacy of product sold or customer service given. I didn't even receive an apology. Unfortunately, when speaking to family, friends and colleagues about furniture options Thomasville will not be recommended. I do know for sure that I will continue to shop at Gorman's and Ethan Allen, they have always given me an excellent product and service.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Purchased leather couch and recliner in sept., 2016 for just under $6000.00. One week after delivery, a cushion on couch and the cushion on recliner rippled/puddled... making it look terrible and defective and aged! Been trying to resolve with company still today... 1-25-17! Both sales manager and warehouse manager have been to our house to see. They agreed in dec. to replace foam padding but to no avail. Same looks! We took cushions to independent upholsterer locally and he agreed they were defective either by the foam paddings or the leather was not cut properly causing this puddling. The company to this day proclaims this is normal! Comical as it is that I visited their retail store and could not find a single chair in leather that would ripple upon sitting on them!

The local managers agreed to ask Thomasville to either replace or repair this furniture, but I was told today that they weren't going to do anything for us! I asked to talk to rep. from Thomasville but he as of today won't return my calls. We feel that we are truly being dealt with unfairly after buying expensive furniture that looks like it is 15 years old! I told them I would consider trading my furniture for something they have on their showroom... since this ugly puddling is normal, haha. They should have no problem reselling it! Would love to have this situation resolved, but getting nowhere!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I purchased two matching expensive living room chairs in 2012 from the local Thomasville Furniture store which has recently closed in a city with a population of 245,000. Imagine my surprise this morning when I found a broken piece of plastic on the floor only to discover that the springs on the chair busted through the bottom. These chairs are in like new condition and have rarely been sat in and there are no children or pets. I thought I was purchasing quality furniture that would last me the rest of my lifetime only to have discovered that it is junk. Now my dilemma is finding out how to get them repaired with the nearest Thomasville Furniture store located 100 miles away. Do not buy from Thomasville Furniture as they are very expensive and the quality is not there.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

We have been buying furniture from Thomasville for 20+ years. The last piece was a couch. Within a very short time taking a nap on this couch became torture. I tried to contact the company and after emailing them the procedure they wanted me to follow made me throw up my hands and go shopping for a new couch. I will NEVER buy another anything from Thomasville. Piece of crap at a premium price! No thanks. Ethan Allen now gets our business.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I deliberated for months over a couch and finally decided on this sofa from Thomasville. It is 2 1/2 years old. We have no children at home and no pets - just my husband and myself. The couch is rarely used - mostly for looks. Imagine my surprise today when I saw springs sticking out of the bottom of the sofa. The brackets holding the springs to the frame are plastic and over half are broken which is causing the spring to come through the underfabric and of course providing no support. I paid really good money for this sofa and couldn't be more disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

I purchased the Benjamin sofa, loveseat and ottoman in December of '14 and it took over 6 months to get it. It's beautiful and comfortable, but not as well made as Thomasville used to be. We have another Thomasville sofa and ottoman in another room and the leather has held up beautifully and looks brand new after 10 years of use. Not so with this new furniture. The leather scratches very easily and it will cost me $200/cushion to replace them.

I have 4 cushions that are bad and now I have to keep throw blankets over them until company comes over. Even jeans scratch the leather. Terrible quality! I paid $6,800 for this new set and it just makes me sick to think that I will probably have to replace the furniture within a few short years. Our Thomasville bedroom furniture is 39 years old and we still have it because it is solid and well made. It may be out of date, but it is still beautiful. I hate that Thomasville has lowered their standards and their quality of furniture. I could always depend on this company to fulfill our furniture needs but I will never buy another piece of Thomasville ever again. Shame on you, Thomasville, for cheating your customers with high prices and poor quality.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

Order placed on 4/24/16. After several months of inquiries with Thomasville Furniture Store asking for the status of mattress & box springs, I have yet to receive the aforementioned items. Today is September 7, 2016. The reason provided is the mattress and box springs are custom made in North Carolina. I don't see this as an excuse. No other reasons but "delays" were given to me from the Southlake office and the warehouse. On a scale from 1 to 10 with 1 being extremely dissatisfied with Thomasville and 10 being extremely satisfied with Thomasville, I give Thomasville a "O."

Original review: June 9, 2016

We purchased $25,000 worth of furniture from Thomasville, expecting it to be of good quality. Within 6 months the rust colored "hard wear" fabric on the sofa and recliner was yellow with a tinge of orange. We returned it and got a leather recliner sofa and 2 barrel chairs. Both chairs were broken within 6 months and the fabric was shredding. Now the plastic gizmo that operates the reclining mechanism snapped. The leather looks at least 20 years old and all the side panels on the cushions have cracked and peeled. The furniture is less than 5 years old. We are still waiting for the remote repair service to get back to us.

Original review: March 30, 2016

We purchased Thomasville Mission Art Dining Room furniture back in 2001. It was expensive, heavy furniture that we were told was solid oak furniture that would last us a lifetime. Little did we know that it was nothing but cheaply veneered furniture. Now I am faced with a very expensive refinishing after the veneer has buckled and peeled. Beware if you shop at Thomasville you may not be getting what you are paying for!!!

Thomasville Furniture Company Information