2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.9/5 (161 ratings)

About Thomasville Furniture

Thomasville Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thomasville Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thomasville Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I had a positive experience as I was looking at and picking out furniture as I made several visits to make sure of what I wanted. I ordered the furniture and paid half. I knew it would take a while. It was being made in North Carolina is what I was told. The original furniture arrived around the time I was expecting. Maybe 1-2 weeks late. However, the salesperson NEVER followed up with me to let me know about the delay. I was the one calling her.

I had spoken to the salesperson a few days prior to see if I needed to do anything for the delivery. They delivered the furniture at the time I told them I couldn't be available and then told me that I owed them more money. I said I hadn't received everything yet so I shouldn't pay it all. A lot of back and forth and inconvenience on my end, I ended up paying it. Then, I learn that one piece would not be available for another week so I waited. And waited. I waited an additional 6 weeks. Again, I was the one that kept calling the store.

I was told the storm in North Carolina were causing the holdup. When I asked exactly why, I was NEVER given a straight answer. Again, I was the one constantly checking in, not them being proactive with the CUSTOMER!!! I finally get a call from the store manager with a story that seemed like they were covering up their lack of service and not based on any truth. The one thing I learned from that call was that my bench was made in CHINA. I was NOT told this at any point during the purchasing. I don't know what the storm would have to do with an item coming from CHINA! I still have more furniture to purchase and it will NEVER be purchased from Thomasville. I will tell friends to go elsewhere. I spent almost $6000 at Thomasville. Lisa ** was my sales associate.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

We purchased a custom-made sectional sofa for $7,698 on July 18 of this year and still have not received it. We were told it shipped on Sept. 14 from North Carolina and should be received within 10 working days. When the sofa did not arrive, the sales rep and store manager continued to assure us that the sofa was "in transit," but has been unable to identify either the truck it is on, or where said truck might be. We've sold our other family room furniture and already paid for this furniture, and they have no information for us about if we can expect to actually ever receive our sectional or not. This is more than bad customer service; it feels like fraud.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We purchased a sofa from Thomasville through a local high-end furniture store. Spent over $3,000 on it. When it arrived the back cushions did not look like the one in the store, but was acceptable. However, after a few weeks of use, the bottom cushions began to sag. Before long, they would not return to shape. It took several weeks for anyone to do anything about it. Finally, when we demanded they take the sofa back since it is unusable, replacement cushion inserts arrived, but by then one of the arms was wobbling, the upholstery in the back came loose, and other problems developed. All we want now is for it to be removed and our money back, but Thomasville hasn't even responded.

Original review: April 2, 2018

When shopping in the Monroeville PA location for an inclining sofa with power was shown a chair that was available in an incline and was motion control. The chair was not an incline so we were shown another chair which was bigger and also had power incline. Whenever our sofa arrived it had no power incline and was so small our legs hung over! Sales lady Mary Beth never had us try a smaller chair, was not aware of power vs motion difference and never informed us of the no returns policy, just had us sign and go. Mgr Becky stated, "Sorry. Your mistake. You signed the paper." No customer service!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Spent $3000 on dining room chairs from Thomasville and they are absolutely terrible. The chairs are constantly falling apart. They were made in China and the workmanship was poor. A week after we bought the chairs we had to have a service man come and fix them. The cushions come right off of the chair. The arms on the end chairs are always loose. The store we purchased them from has since gone out of business.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I bought the sofa and when it arrived it did not look like the one in the showroom. The pillows on the sofa were big and round and looked more like beach balls. I called the store and they sent a rep to come and change the insert in the casing. This was a quick fix not a solution. So after that I sat on the sofa and heard big bang out of sofa. I complained they said there was a problem with the springs and sent two guys out to open up the sofa in my living room and replace the springs. That was 5 years ago and now I have the same problem with springs. Piece of crap. Don't buy from them. After talking to store they said it was fixed.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

We recently purchased a sectional from Yorba Linda, CA Thomasville that after 6 weeks the cushions no longer line up, the seat core is collapsing, the wedge piece doesn't line up and the quality and workmanship is very poor. This sectional with ottoman & pillows is a $7,400 item! Working with the store manager is a joke and all they want to do basically is to refill the cushions!! What so they can fall apart again in six months? The customer service representative feels that would not be to our satisfaction and is recommending that they take back the sectional, give us a credit so that we can order a much higher quality sectional but the manager isn't willing to work with us. We have a home filled with high quality furniture and unfortunately this piece isn't one of them! I guess the only way to resolve this situation is court and a visa dispute as Thomasville is not willing to accommodate!! Photos furnished upon request.

Original review: July 18, 2017

We bought living room tables, sofa, chair, loveseat. I can tell you it is one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made. Not am out thousands of dollars but humiliated at the same time by their staff. I picked all the furniture out. Talked to staff to the smallest detail to make sure all would be great and that is when it started to go bad. What I wanted was not what I got, fabric looked very different. The minor marbling in fabric was widespread sizes of coins at the most obvious spots of the furniture. When they unloaded the tables they got out color pens and attempted to cover all of the imperfections that occurred when built and damage in travel.

I have begged and cried to get any satisfaction and guess what THOMASVILLE does not care at all. Sure the owner with his name on the door does but he knows nothing you can do will make a difference once they cash your check. Thomasville reps and main office staff ignore you literally. In my opinion do not buy any Thomasville Furniture. I am stuck with furniture that has not received one positive comment from anyone, and they don't want to sit on it. Big mistake. Go somewhere that values the customers...

Original review: May 24, 2017

Purchased sofa with down, foam and springs in Jan 2016 because they said cushions will not break down for 3-5 years. Before first years end feathers (about 30-50) were falling out on the floor every day. Every night before going to bed I would vacuum them up. Husband said enough is enough and I called 3 times to get them to finally come out to investigate. I was told I had a previous vendor's product (missed new vendor by 1 month) and they did not use them anymore because of their quality. New vendor makes same couch and they would put extra ticking around my throw pillows and cores and they were not having any of my problems anymore. They put thick ticking on my throw pillows and this took care of the problem. I was asked at that time if I wanted the extra thicker ticking for my seat cushions. I declined and thought they were fine.

Now 1 1/2 years later I am being poked in the calf with quills from the cushions. Called 2 times for thicker ticking. Technicians came out and HE said it would be better to replace the whole core cushion as they really didn't look very good and were not holding up (Again told about old vendor versus new vendor story). The cushions are bumpy, cording is uneven as much as 3 inches from side to side of cushion and they do not sit well after 1 1/2 years. I agreed and just thought I had purchased a couch that was not very good but had to live with my decision.

He took photos and about 2 weeks later I heard from Customer Service and she said I asked for new cushions which I did not. I just wanted thicker ticking. The tech suggested new cushion. She was rude and basically called me a liar by her attitude and felt everything was good with the cushions and she didn't see feathers in the photo. So bottom line is - No thicker ticking, No cushion cores, No more repeat business for me.

Original review: May 15, 2017

We bought this $1300 glass table on 4/01/2017 from Thomasville of Bellevue, but just received it a little over a week ago on 5/4/2017. We picked it up ourselves from the warehouse, and had them open it. We did not immediately find any scratches or damage on the piece at that time. We brought the piece home, and assembled it in our kitchen eating area, and immediately proceeded to wipe the table down using Windex and a soft paper towel, but subsequently have only used microfiber cloths to clean the table. We noticed almost immediately on the first day that there were some deep scratches that showed up. We are typically very careful with our furniture, and would never use any harsh abrasives on it, but it seems that through very careful light use and cleaning, some troubling deep scratches were appearing on this table.

Now, we understand that glass is scratchable, and that if you do anything reckless like slamming down something stone or hard metal will scratch the surface, but my wife and I are very careful, and even used soft table mats when putting down dishes to make sure we didn't cause any additional scratches. After cleaning off the table that evening and inspecting again, we noticed many more scratches had appeared on the table, and some of them very obvious and deep enough to stop your fingernail when dragging across the glass.

We purchased this piece of furniture from Thomasville, Bellevue, and expected the quality of the glass to be something that could take careful light use, but our table now has deep, noticeable scratches after just the first couple of days. Needless to say, we are quite unhappy with this, and don't feel that the very careful use of this table should have resulted in such obvious damage. This piece of glass seems to be very soft and easily damaged.

Since then, we have called and spoken to both our sales person, Laura **, and the floor manager, Todd **. Both gave us the story that we just need to be very careful with glass furniture, and clean it only with a soft cloth or t-shirt, or even suggested a diaper, and that there is nothing they could do about it. While these are nice suggestions, it doesn't change the fact that this table has been damaged badly within the first week of use, and will never be the nice piece of furniture we had hoped to receive.

We were advised by Todd ** to send photos of the scratches to Laurie **, traffic manager, and got a RUDE reply that basically said there is nothing they could do since it left the warehouse in good condition. This is not the question of receiving a damaged piece of furniture, this is concerning the quality of the product received. We don't feel this is acceptable, and believe that this glass is NOT the quality we should receive from Thomasville. We will never spend another penny at any Thomasville for the rest of our lives, and will continue to warn as many people as we possibly can about the poor quality and service of this brand.

Thomasville Furniture Company Information