Sleepy's is now owned and operated by Mattress Firm. Please click on this link to visit the Mattress Firm page for further assistance.
  2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop on Mattress Firm
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.36/5
Based on 17,655 ratings submitted in the last year
This company is out of businessFind other companies

Accounts for Sleepy's are now managed by Mattress Firm.

Sleepy's Reviews

Original review: March 6, 2020

I purchased my Sleepy's Snug memory foam mattress at Mattress Firm in Asheville, NC. My overall experience was excellent, from the customer service in the store to the product itself. I paid $299 for my Queen Snug. Not sure why there are so many 1 star reviews here but the quality and comfort of this mattress exceeded my expectations. I would definitely recommend this product.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I bought my Sleepy's mattress in October of 2018. It was fine the first few months. Fast forward to today and it is sinking in so bad you can almost feel the adjustable base. My husband is 220 lbs and I have 110. I submitted a warranty claim and it was denied because sagging 2.5 inches is "normal". Be careful buying from Mattress Firm, apparently they don't stand by their products. I will never recommend mattress firm to friends and family after this experience.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I purchased a Sleepys mattress from Mattress Firm. Within a few months a huge hole developed in the middle of the mattress. Mattress firm informed me the warranty was void due to the fact there was no mattress protector on the mattress. 1. The mattress is a pillowtop mattress. 2. I was never informed the warranty would be void if there was not a mattress protector on mattress. 3. There of course was a fitted sheet on the mattress. Save your money. This product is very cheap. I have no idea how a huge hole could develop in the middle of the mattress!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I bought a 3000$ mattress and a 1000$ frame. 6 months later it broke. Have been calling around everywhere to try to get it fixed and all they can tell me is they can't do anything for me. I also got the extended warranty. 250$. Called them. The same thing was said to me. They are nasty and rude when you call. Will not be buying anything again from them. Save your money. The product is cheap and they don't stand behind their warranty. I hope this helps other not make the same mistake.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I am now second guessing my purchase of the Sleepy's Reserve Pillow top King size Mattress and Box set that I just bought from Mattress Firm in Irving, TX. The guy bragged about how this company hailed from California and heard nothing but good things about their bed. My fiance and I are slightly on the larger side and specifically asked how well would this bed hold up over the years for us? He just showed us how there was a coil spring system in the middle and a multi layered foam system... To which should hold up great! But with Mattress Firm they have their own return policy of 120 day or your money back. He suggested we sleep on it for at least 30 days to break it in.

But after reading all the different types of beds, the lengths of time that everyone has had to wait and the ridiculous kit that is sent in the mail who in the hell would want to follow through with a purchase of one of their beds??? I have had 6 back surgeries and need a neck surgery and sure don't need any issues with that or hassles from a company that comes on here to say "Sorry for any inconvenience" or "We will have someone get back to you". YOU SHOULD BE ON TOP OF IT ALREADY WHEN PEOPLE CALL THE FIRST TIME. YOU MAKE THINGS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

DON'T MAKE PEOPLE SPEND $2000.00 + ON YOUR BEDS AND THEN KEEP THEM WAITING OVER A YEAR FOR IT TO SAG .5 INCHES MORE!!! Bad business!!!! So yup... Monday going to Mattress Firm and canceling this bed. I have a bed from them since 2000 and it is still in pretty damn good condition but really needed to upgrade it. But refuse to get any headaches off your crappy beds. I feel bad for everyone that had to go through this!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sleepy's?

Original review: March 26, 2018

I injured my back several years ago and needed a better bed. I went to a local Sleepy's store and was sold on a bed that had remote that adjusted your head and legs as well as a built-in massage. The sale person who was very young and inexperienced told us all about the bed including that they had the best return policy out of all the bed companies in the area. I purchased the bed for around $6,000.00. I notified that sales person that I would be spending close to 23 hours a day in the bed for at least 3-4 years. After about 3 to 4 years the bed was falling apart. I notified Sleepy's and told them that I was disabled and the bed was falling apart.

I requested another bed since part of the $6,000.00 bed came with a 20-year warranty. They refused saying that I had to flip this massive QUEEN sized medical bed over and unzip the covering then I needed to get a mop lay it across the mattress and rest a quarter against it and take several pictures. These people are plain sick. The condition of my disability has worsened since the bed is crap and I am forced to still sleep on it. In the next couple of months I will hire a lawyer and pursue charges against this horrific company. If you have a brain, DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR BUSINESS.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Our first visit to the store May 23, 2016. Advertised Memorial Day Sale. Store associate helpful. Explained that new customers lay on a series of mattresses to determine a comfort level. Took us 45mins to go through the series... ultimately found our type. We then spent time with associate determining what mattress brand was suited for us based on need comfort and price. Decided on BeautyRest Pillowtop $1849.00. Suckered into buying a $249 mattress protector after being told by store associate without one it would void warranty of mattress. (FYI spoke with manufacturer 10/2017 directly and a cover is not necessary to keep the manufacturer’s warranty valid).

1st mattress delivered promptly on date and time. However only one delivery person carrying mattress so it was bent in a V coming down my driveway. Wasn’t sure if this was proper and thought odd. Wasn’t going to question delivery man. I refused the mattress after 1 night of laying in it, ABSOLUTELY DID NOT represent the mattress we laid on in store and it was totally bent in middle with no support. It feels like a giant marshmallow you can’t get out of! If it felt like that in the store I wouldn’t have purchased. Went into store we purchased from, explained how it was delivered, and how it felt like a hammock.

A 2nd mattress was sent immediately. No questions asked. Still feels like the 1st mattress. Absolutely no support in middle despite proper bed frame and supports. Giant marshmallow. Was mislead in understanding store's terms. Was told by store associate we had a 365 day return period based on mattress style. When in fact only 21 days in store returns and 120 days for manufacturer returns. Store would allow us to return despite confusion on time limit however we now had to pay a restock/return fee of $149.95 and could only exchange for equal or greater value. Decided we didn’t want to return junk and get more junk.

Spoke with Simmons/BeautyRest customer service about warranty issues. Referred me to my warranty booklet, which I never received with my “new” mattress. Customer service said it should have been attached to my new mattress in a plastic cover. Nope. They clarified warranty class and ultimately any warranty issues would be done through the retailer, Sleepy's. No thank you! Feel likes we got a used mattress.

Now after only 22 months of owning mattress, it has many humps and bumps on both sides. Have rotated mattress 3x now, cannot flip. We sleep head to toe... not by choice but out of necessity. Both of our backs are now sore in the morning. Arms go to sleep and are numb through the night. We both have gained weight due to lack of sleep and tossing and turning. Unfortunately it is our only bed and have no other options but to sleep in it... I wouldn’t even give this away!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I purchased my king size King Koil Laura Ashley mattress August 2015 for $1,455.19 and there is a definite sag in the middle. I have a bad back and it's very difficult to roll out of the sagging center of the bed. It took 3 phone calls before I was told to download instructions to measure the bed. I submitted everything they requested but was told "the mattress meets the manufacturer's warranty". They also said I could "Get a Second Opinion for Only $39.95" plus transportation costs! My mattress should not sag after 2 and a half years and clearly others have posted similar complaints. Very disappointed!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Purchase made 4/15. Complained in telephone call Nov 2016 mattress sagging on one side. Was told to turn mattress. Turned 3x. I now almost roll off the side originally placed on husband's side. Mattress so flattened on the one side (memory foam not remembering) it appears to be larger than the adjustable base. Complaints online. Sleepy's reviews claim a charge is made to have it inspected. If the claim not denied you are forced to buy the same cost mattress... the same type of mattress. We are retired seniors not able to deal with this. I financed mattress. Am paying at least another year... almost 5000. Please help!.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

So there I am looking to buy a mattress and the salesman sells me a mattress because they want to get rid of Tempur-Pedic. Since Mattress Firm took over, they have stopped carrying Tempur-Pedic. Now I cannot exchange or file a claim with them and get it replaced. I am going to sue their stupid ** and try to get my money back from those thieving crooks. I tell them I am a hot-sleeper and they say this is fine. I think they are closed because of the name change and someone telling me that.

I find out a year-and-a-half later they are still Sleepy's, but under Mattress Firm; making me wonder now why they aren't Sleepy's anymore. Ugh... Maybe because they sell people the wrong ** and get sued or something else ill-business-wise. What a bunch of **! None of them helped me. I am going to write a letter to corporate and then find out if I can sue them. Paying for a good mattress is about the next 10 years in one, so why would they not help or be helpful. ** business I wish would go to ** and ** them all **!

Sleepy's author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sleepy's is now owned and operated by Mattress Firm, which offers a huge range of mattress options, from memory foam to adjustable beds to pillow-tops. You can visit the retail stores to test out the mattresses in person before deciding.

• Mattress pricing: Queen-size mattress starting costs are between $199 and $699.

• Types of mattresses: Foam, innerspring and encased coil mattresses are available.

• Trial period: Customers get a 120-night sleep trial.

• Warranty: Sleepy’s mattresses are under warranty by Mattress Firm. Inspections are required to file a claim.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Sleepy's Company Information