toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Dear Loretta,

Thank you for shopping at Sleepy’s and sharing your positive experience with us. We are happy that our Mattress Professionals were able to provide you with the information needed to choose the right set of bedding. Enjoy your new purchase! We look forward to serving you for years to come.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2016

We expected the usual dogging one finds in furniture/mattress stores, but there was none. Just an extremely well-mannered, service-oriented, knowledgeable young man who actually left us alone. Ryan **, answered our questions directly, did NOT try to up-sell any items, did NOT try to influence our decision outside of answering our questions. We did buy a mattress a little more expensive than we wanted, but the quality matched the price and it was a rather reasonable one anyway. All in all, we were in the store only one half hour and left very pleased. Sleepy's will also cart away our old mattress for a very small fee. Very pleased with Sleepy's and recommend highly.

Resolution response: Jan. 8, 2016

Satisfied with how my case was handled and resolved. Thank you for your assistance Mr. Rudolph. Your professionalism with my case should be commended.

Good Afternoon Ms. Pryor,

Thank you for your update and for sharing your positive experience with us. We are glad that our Warranty Support Department was able to assist you! We look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2016

Was very satisfied with the response from warranty dept for sleepy's. They gave me full credit for the mattress and partial for the adjustable base. I was able to purchase a new set and so far am pleased with it.

Sleepy's was suggested to us by Simmons Beautyrest to help us find a warranty replacement mattress. What a breath of fresh air-from the moment we entered the store, the store salesman - (**) guided us through the replacement options and process even though our original mattress was not purchased with them. What great customer service even down to the delivery personnel. They have made a huge impression on us and I would recommend this store and its employees to anyone that is in the market for a new mattress set. They definitely have our future business. Thank you **, we are now getting a better nights' rest with your help.

Dear Fiona,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We will have a specialist review your account and contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

I went to the Sleepy's in Farmingdale, NY to look at mattresses with no intentions of buying yet. I ended up finding a Tempur-Pedic Contour Elite Breeze mattress that I really liked. My plan was to come back and buy it when I was ready to, but the salesman, Alex, gave me an offer that seemed too good to be true. The Farmingdale store is a clearance center and he just happened to have that exact mattress on clearance for half price. He said that as long as I put a deposit down the exact mattress I wanted would be available for me when I was ready to have it delivered. Cut to a month and half later when I was ready to have it delivered, I paid for the rest of the balance of the mattress and set up a delivery date. Two days before that day they called to cancel the delivery because they were backlogged on deliveries.

I set up another date with them for the next week. When they brought in my mattress I could tell something was off, and what do you know, it was not the mattress that I ordered. It was a similar Tempur-Pedic but it did not have the cooling Breeze technology that I had my heart set on and that I had paid for. This mattress was in fact less expensive than the one that I had already paid for. I refused delivery of the mattress and the delivery guys called up the store so I could speak with Alex the salesman.

Alex was extremely unhelpful. He told me that he did not have the mattress he guaranteed me he would have in stock and that he didn't know when he would be getting another one in stock, could be a day could be a month. He said that my best bet would be to keep the mattress they delivered and that he would refund me $400, but I did not want that. I wanted the mattress that I ordered at the price I paid for it. He was absolutely useless. Now I am unable to move into my new place as scheduled because I do not have a mattress and I have no clue when I will be getting what I ordered. Stay away from this place.

Dear Miriam,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced thus far. We will have a specialist review your account and reach out to you.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

I ordered a mattress online and got a robo call saying that Sleepy's would be at my house between 8:30 and 10:30. I called to confirm and was told that 'no-they would be there between 2-4'. I told the representative that I was told a different time frame. She said she didn't know what to tell me. I asked her to please confirm which it was. She said she would 'email the warehouse'. EMAIL the warehouse? I asked if she could call. She said 'no-that's not how Sleepys works anymore'. So an entire Saturday is spent wondering when I need to be home. This was completely unacceptable and I was offered no apology and no explanation except 'I don't know what to tell you'. From now on – it’s Jordan's Furniture. Horrible horrible horrible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sleepy's?

Dear Joan,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Utilizing the information provided, we were able to locate your invoice. Please allow for a specialist to review your account and reach out to further address your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

We bought my son a mattress about 18 months ago. He's a bigger guy 6 3 260. The mattress we have bought him has since began to sag. We got in contact the warranty department and after talking to them we did a little research on your own to find out that the salesperson who told us that it was okay to cut the tags off may have cost us our warranty. My son is legally disabled and he had trouble getting the sheets around this big tag. He had asked the sales person at the store about who said to my son he really didn't need to worry about the tag they're really just for us meaning Sleepy's, "Sure you can cut that off." Now my son who is on a limited income is stuck with a mattress he cannot afford to replace all over a stupid piece of paper on the end of the mattress that he was told he could remove by Sleepy's sales associate.

Dear Cary,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Utilizing the information provided, we were able to locate your invoice. Please allow 48 hours for a specialist to review your account and reach out to further address your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

The last time I had a problem with Sleepy's, in November 2014, with a sagging mattress... where they of course voided the warranty, a sales rep in the Forest Hills store offered me accommodation pricing... meaning he would credit me the entire price of the last mattress if I bought a luxury mattress. I agreed and settled on a GS Stearns pillow top for an additional $1200. Here I am 2 years later and the GS Stearns mattress is now bad - sagging, no support, pressure points, and if you lift the mattress to rotate it it will almost fold in half. I once again have back and neck problems from this mattress. This time, I'm not even going to bother to contact Sleepy's customer DISSERVICE. What's the point? They send out their Cartel... MATTRESS MARSHAL the warranty hit squad who will find a way to void the warranty.

Sleepy's DOES NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTIES. IT IS A JOKE. After they voided the warranty... the woman at their customer disservice center I spoke to was so rude and nasty calling me a liar. If it were a man I would have gone to their center and had a face to fist talk with him. I secretly had videoed the last mattress inspection, NY is a one party consent state, and turned it over to my attorney. The inspector said in video that the mattress was indeed sagging but still voided the warranty... read my last review for the details.

The Sleepy's rep called me a liar when I refused to turn it over to her. I have already had this GS STEARNS mattress looked at by an independent expert who determined it indeed sagging and lacks proper support. However because of the pillow top you will never see a 2 inch indentation... which is Sleepy's requirement for a sag... even though the pillow top hides it. The defects are within. This time I am going straight to court and suing Sleepy's, summons and complaint being drawn up. Maybe if more consumers actually took legal action, they would start honoring their so called warranties.

Mina,

We are sorry for any inconvenience you may have encountered. We would like to to turn your negative experience around. A specialist will be assigned to your account and will contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

We purchased a mattress through Sleepy's via phone on August 23, 2016. The reason for this is that Sleepy's will not set up the mattress for you. My husband and I are senior citizens and are not able to set up either. Sleepy's processed the order through Mattress Firm since they are now the same company and the receipt sent to me had Mattress Firm's info. The mattress has caused my husband a lot of hip and back issues because it is too firm. We went to our local Mattress Firm to try and exchange this mattress for a softer one taking advantage of their 120 "Happy Sleep Guarantee." We were told that since we purchased through Sleepy's we had to go through them to exchange/return the mattress. It has been a nightmare to talk to anyone at Sleepy's. They only have Chat for sales and on phone, you can only select "warranty" issues - nothing else.

We finally got through to a warranty customer rep, Fred on November 6. He said he would contact local Mattress Firm management to arrange for exchange. He promised they would call by end of day. Nothing! Today, November 7, I called again and was #22 in line to talk to a warranty person (only way you can get to talk to anyone there at Sleepy's). I was called back by a Casha. She asked for me to hold on and she would help me. I waited for 37 minutes and she never came back. The local Mattress Firm will not help you since they say our sale is not in their system. It's impossible to get anyone at Sleepy's to respond after the sale! Do Not Do Business with Sleepy's or Mattress Firm (they are the same company now)!!

The Sleepy's store manager was very kind and helpful when we purchased a Serta I-Series Super Pillowtop mattress, matching boxspring, mattress cover and frame one year ago. However, eight months after the purchase, the mattress began sagging on my husband's side, under his lower back. He weighs 165 lbs. He now wakes up every morning with a sore back. In the last few months, he has been leaning toward the middle of the mattress to avoid the sagged area. At the same time, I began noticing sagging in the mid-part of the mattress on my side. I weigh 130 lbs. I started taking ** in the morning to deal with the soreness. I even looked forward to him traveling so that I could sleep in the middle of the bed. We both became cranky and frustrated with our restless sleep, trying to find a comfortable position. We even turned the mattress around so that he slept on my less saggy lower back area and I slept on his less saggy middle area.

After thoroughly reading Sleepy's warranty, we realized we had to wait until the sagging support structure was deeper than the 1.5 inches required before we could submit a claim. This part of the warranty is deceiving because the mattress pillow top part needs to be sagging much more than 1.5 inches on its own (without a body on it) before it shows a permanent sag. I would say at least 5 inches if you're laying on it because the mattress cushion pops right back up. So we waited. We reached a point where we were sleeping on opposite ends of the beds to avoid the sagging areas and both seeing a chiropractor for our lower backs.

One month ago, I submitted many photos, measurements and a warranty claim to the company that Sleepy's uses to assess the claims: Mattress Marshals.

Four weeks later, Sleepy's sent me a pre printed letter with an X marked on the box that best fit the results of my mattress: "Both the mattress and foundation are up to the manufacturer's standards as stated in your warranty booklet and therefore pursuant to manufacturer's warranty, you are ineligible for a warranty exchange at this time." Clearly, an elephant needs to sit on our mattress before it would satisfy the "manufacturer's guidelines" for saggyness.

I did a background search on Mattress Marshals. They had the nerve to include a review article about them published in a Furniture Today article which included this paragraph: "Mattress exchanges can be costly for producers and retailer, according to Frank (the owner). In a number of cases, his company helps retailers and producers reduce exchange rates, thereby helping them boost their operating income." Clearly Sleepy's customer service department is not for the benefit of the customer. I suggest seeking to purchase a mattress to go to Mattress Warehouse or another store with a fair warranty claim process. I looked into how they process their claims. They send an inspection representative - a human - instead of making you complete the misleading online Mattress Marshals process. I will have to go to small claims court to resolve this.

I am writing this review because I made a promise I would. I having been trying to get a new mattress through warranty and after almost 3 months, I have finally been approved. I had read many many bad reviews about them and the cheap product the sent to do the self inspection ($25 for a flimsy measuring tool and string with washers on the end). Of course I was a tad annoyed but went on to do the self inspection anyways. Then to download everything to that ridiculous Mattress Marshals website (worst part of my entire experience) tried to download the pics on 3 different sources and couldn't get them to download. Finally a gentleman emailed me saying he noticed the pictures had not finished downloading and he would help me. So I sent him the pictures again, said he received them and would finish downloading them for me, I was taken aback by his kindness.

After a couple of days I messaged him asking him when I would find out if I'd been approved or not. He gave me the number to call, I called the number and the sweet lady Kelleecia ** informed me that she only received one photo. I was furious but she calmed me down and assured me it could've easily been a mistake on his end. For these last 2 days Kelle has done everything in her power to help me. She has been the best part of this awful long experience. In the end, I was approved and I am so grateful for that. They saw my desperate need for a new bed and are helping me to get it. Thank you and a HUGE thank you to Kelle. From one customer service rep to another... it is a great feeling knowing there are still genuine caring people.

Resolution response: Nov. 9, 2016

I would like to thank Joseph ** customer service representative for Sleepy's on his professionalism and empathy in resolving my warranty issue with Sleepy's. He went above and beyond and restored my faith in Sleepy's so I will continue to once again be a loyal customer. Thank you, Joseph, and Sleepy's for winning me back and appreciating me as a long time valued customer.

Sugey,

We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. We will have a specialist review your account and contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I purchased a king size Carolina mattress back in 2012 and since then I have noticed the mattress is sinking inward and I can hear the springs when I'm laying in the bed and it's not supporting me the right way anymore. I have had Sleepy's warranty team twice and they refuse to exchange my bed and the last representative that inspected my bed stated to me that the reason the bed springs are making noise is due to it being out of place and that it needs to be exchanged. However I called today and got the results of the inspection warranty and my claim is denied again!!! I can't believe it!!! The customer service representative stated that the bed is in good manufacturer quality!!! Unbelievable!! How is a sinking mattress with bed springs out of place which doesn't support me anymore "In good manufacturer quality"?!!!

I told the representative "so a squeaking mattress is 'good manufacturer quality too'??" The representative stated that in the report it wasn't mentioned that the mattress squeaks so now information that is pertinent to my claim is left out so my claim can be denied is atrocious!! What makes Sleepy's think that anyone would go and spend money on a sinking squeaking mattress and think it's in good manufacturer quality!! I have spent over 1,700 on that mattress with everything including proper box spring and proper bed frame in order to prevent any issues with my mattress and over the years I have purchased many beds from Sleepy's spending more than 10,000!!

Sleepy's claim is if there is anything wrong with the mattress rest assured it will be replaced. What a huge lie!!! You would think they would honor what they say especially to a loyal long time customer!! I believe that they don't want to exchange my bed due to the company Carolina not being in business with them and since they don't make my mattress anymore Sleepy's warranty doesn't want to do what is right by the customer since it will be too much work to get my mattress replaced as they state in their commercials!!! I will never buy another thing from them again!!! I will explore other options with another company!! To think I was going to buy another mattress this coming week since now I'm moving into a three bedroom and need another bed for my daughter's room. Sleepy's you lost one!!!

Marianne,

We are sorry to hear you are having an issue with your mattress. A specialist will be assigned to your account and contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I exchanged the 1st mattress I purchased at Sleepy's after only 2 years. Now after 4 years the new mattress is also having problems with indentations. I currently own a Serta iSeries and was told at the time of purchase that if it has an indentation of at least 3/4" that it is defective. I have been calling Sleepy's toll free number and have no luck getting through. The line goes dead after 1 ring. I have been trying for days, so I finally went to one of the local stores to see if they could help... I actually went there twice. The 2nd time the salesman actually tried to call himself then agreed that you could not get through. He called someone asking for help, but they told him to tell me I had to keep trying because the reps at the 800 number are the only ones that can do anything. I came home and after many unsuccessful tries at calling I used the online form to request a warranty inspection.

The next day (today) I received an email from Sleepy's saying they needed a credit card to charge me, either kit or representative, whichever I wanted to pay for. Considering I have been put out for a 2nd time I can't believe that they would ask for more money. I would love to be able to get a good nights sleep and not wake up with sore hips, legs, shoulders, etc. I want more than anything to love my mattress, but both mattresses have been sub par. Please let me know where I go from here. I just looked at my Sleepy's login and my request has been canceled.

Maria,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. We were able to locate your account. A specialist will further review and contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

Oh boy... Where to start. We bought a mattress from Bob's Furniture that we have to return because of the strong smell of chemicals. So we decided to go to Sleepy's to buy a better one. Worse mistake ever. We went to the store everything was perfect. We were talking to the manager of the store about the problem. What we have with the mattress and we tell her we need a better mattress that doesn't smell. She told us that the mattress they sell are texted and we are not going to have no problems. So we try few. In the end we decide to buy a Serta iSeries Cool Elegance. We got few gifts with it. I think that was the moment to think if we getting gifts something is wrong.

I want to say I'm a stay home mom. My husband is the only one working and we live from paycheck to paycheck so buying this mattress was a huge step. We got the delivery. Everything perfect there. As soon I sat I knew is not the mattress we were hoping to buy but we have to give it a try. I want to say the smell of chemical was very strong and I didn't need another one. So we went to sleep and after 3 hours I woke up and I was in so much pain. My lower back was killing me. The exact pain I have after I deliver my daughter and I start crying. I turn and turn and nothing helps. There is no support on this mattress and is not even you sank in it. I could not sleep for the rest of the night thinking that we spend a lot of money that we don't have for something I can't even sleep.

So we went back to the store telling them what happened and they told me we have to sleep on it for 30 days. 30 days to have this horrible back pain and cannot sleep. I wanted to cry all over again. I can't do this. Sleepy's motto "your mattress is more than sleeping." Where is this working for us. I want my money back. I can't deal with this problem.

Hi, back on 07/02/2015, my wife and I purchased a Gel/Memory Foam Queens size mattress along with a Reflexion Adjustable base from Sleepy's at 2626 Hylan Blvd, Staten Island, NY. Shortly after it was purchased, the mattress began to sag and my wife couldn't sleep on it because it hurt her back. We called the store and corporate to complain and send the bed back for reimbursement. Soon after this, when my wife returned to the store, the salesman informed us that the one who had sold the mattress to us didn't work there anymore. When we showed him the receipt, he told us that our mattress didn't go with that frame and corporate confirmed this aspect also.

Based on this, I feel we should be issued a refund since the base and frame weren't compatible and may have caused the bed to sag more. I spoke to c/s and they sent out a kit to put on the bed and take photos of it at different angles. This kit would never show any type of sag because it's made of cardboard and not a precise tool. We haven't used the mattress because it hurts my wife's back and feel that Sleepy's should stand behind their products and reimburse us for this sagging mattress.

Dear Felice,

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced with your warranty claim. We will have a specialist review your account and contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

I purchased a mattress with a matching bed frame and mattress protector from your Sleepy's store in Saddle Brook NJ and received it on the 28th of May 2016.
After a month we have called customer care to open a complaint case regarding a defective problem due to a big abyss and lumps developed in the mattress.

When I bought the mattress your sales manager informed me that it was FULLY warranted against defects (written also on the purchase contract) and that if there was any problem Sleepy's would have sent an inspector to resolve any issue. But your customer care informed me differently: they said that I had to make a ridiculous self "inspection" with a kit sent out by Mattress Marshals which consisted in placing a stupid card and string across the mattress, taking countless pictures and submitting them through a website.

We are talking about a big and deep abyss that you can't see unless you put weight on the mattress and the kit instructions stated not to put hands or weight on the mattress while taking the pictures though on the website they asked of how many inches was the mattress sagging: really??? Who are the professionals here??? So all of these pictures and time is really useless! The website also stated that within 2-3 weeks I would have received an answer regarding my complaint and the inspection. But many weeks passed and nothing (I would like to underline that the mattress is ONLY 5 months old)... I had to recall your customer's service to hear them tell me that my warranty was denied because the inches of the sagging aren't as much as required by the warranty and that if I desire I can repeat the self inspection after six months. WHAT???

In the meantime me and my wife aren't sleeping. We wake up nervous because we don't relax and we are having severe back and hip issues as a result of your mattress. Our health is at risk here: I would like an executive from your company to come over and sleep on this mattress and tell me that nothing is wrong. The mattress has a Full warranty and a big defect that you are refusing!

I am appealing directly to you: I can bring the mattress to the store at Saddle Brook and show all your prospective customers what they will be buying and I am filing a complaint with the BBB, Consumer Affairs and I will also be contacting Channel 7 On Your Side to let them see and hear How Professional you are and how much you REALLY care for your customers. I spent money on a posturepedic mattress expecting a certain quality... I work to earn my money and I don't intend to throw them away on a mattress that isn't worth not even half of what I paid. I'm sorry but it's not right that you take advantage of consumers like me and get away with it.

Dear Yoko,

We apologize if you have experienced any complications with your purchase. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you to further address your concerns. We have located your account and will assign it to a Consumer Relations Representative who will contact you to address your concerns.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

When I visited the Sleepy's store this May, the man showed Simmons Shakespeare. It looks a nice mattress. I talked him my experience of I bought 4 mattresses within 10 years. He told me Sleepy's replace the mattress if I don't like it, and he recommended me to visit the store around Memorial Day as I asked him the promotion. Then I visited the store on June but the store was closed. I called the customer services. She recommended to visit Vernon Hills store but it was closed also. Then, I called the customer service and I knew all stores were closed. At last I tried to order by web, but the company was closed and transferred to Mattress Firm... so many confusion.

After struggles, I bought the mattress, but I moved to the another place, I didn't used the mattress for 2 months. Since I started use, I knew this was too firm for me. I tried to put the topper and so on, but the problem can't be resolved. I decided to ask them exchange, but web customer service only let me know the tel. Then I called the customer service several time but no one answer me. I waited an hour and half. The customer service answered and told me the warranty is only 4 weeks as I bought online. This mattress costs $1400. How Sleepy's changed their policy? I am very unhappy about this experience.

Dear Nancy

Sleepy's number one goal is customer satisfaction.Please advise us of the best telephone number and the best time of day to be reached. We look forward to working with you and resolving your complaint. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

I purchased a $3000 mattress with a lifetime warranty. THREE years later, our heads are smashed into our headboard every morning. This has caused neck and back pain for both my husband and I. After calling Sleepy's, waiting weeks for a "kit", ripping my bed apart to take picture, uploading pictures, and waiting weeks. They are telling me the warranty is void. First of all - why am I doing all the work?! A self inspection?! Secondly. Why do I have to go through all this stress, arguing and defending my rights from a company as big as Sleepy's?! I am NOT going to stop fighting. A lawyer is next - we are physically in pain and not sure if it's permanent. I didn't buy a $300 mattress from a wholesale store. It was $3000 from Sleepy's. DO NOT GO THROUGH THE EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL PAIN WE ARE OVER A MATTRESS!!!

Dear Eileen,

We apologize for any complications you have with your warranty claim. We have located your account and will assign it to a Consumer Relations Representative who will contact you to address your concerns.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

I filed a formal complaint against your company in April 2016 for failing to honor the warranty on my mattress, and the ridiculous so called "inspection" of my mattress by your Mattress Marshals. I purchased the "Dr. Breus Bed" on October 9, 2011 from your Sleepy's store on Long Island. Along with this very expensive mattress, I also purchased, on the same day, the matching box spring AND the bed frame from your Sleepy's store (so you can't void the warranty for using defective support, it's all your products).

I was told, and I have in writing, that the mattress is FULLY warranted against defects. An abyss has developed in the mattress. A very large, deep abyss. Unfortunately, like any mattress, you cannot SEE the large abyss UNLESS YOU PUT WEIGHT ON THE MATTRESS!!! The silly card that weighs less than an ounce from your "mattress marshals" isn't going to show ANYTHING. The countless pictures that your "mattress marshals" required us to take and submit are USELESS!!!

Your "Mattress Marshals" gave us directions on which pictures to take, where to place the card and the string, and provided a website to submit the information. The instructions stated not to put any hands or weight on the mattress while taking the photos. Nothing in the directions or on the website said anything ABOUT MEASURING THE SAGGING... YET THE WEBSITE ASKED HOW MANY INCHES THE MATTRESS WAS SAGGING??? REALLY?

I want an executive from your company to come over and sleep on this mattress and then tell me nothing is wrong!!! Unfortunately, you didn't send anyone to

PERSONALLY EXAMINE AND INSPECT THE MATTRESS BECAUSE YOU KNOW THAT YOUR PRODUCT SUCKS!!! My husband and I now have severe back and hip issues as a result of your mattress. We are both seeing a chiropractor who has advised us that we desperately need to purchase a new mattress.

I NEED MY MONEY BACK TO PURCHASE A NON-DEFECTIVE MATTRESS. Our physical health is at risk here. So, the Mattress Marshals are refusing to honor the mattress warranty. So, I am appealing directly to you. If you would like, I would be happy to bring the mattress to your headquarters in Hicksville so that you can lay on the mattress yourself. Even better, I can bring the mattress to the store I purchased it at, and show all your prospective customers what they will be buying. Either way, you WILL honor my warranty.

I asked for a reply to this letter in 7 days. It has now been 7 months and I HAVEN'T HEARD A PEEP FROM YOU!!! I am now filing formal complaints with the BBB and Consumer Affairs. I will find every blog on the internet to voice my complaint and advise consumers to NEVER purchase a mattress from Sleepy's. I will be contacting Shame on YOU (Channel 2) and 7 On Your Side so that they do a news story on this issue. I will also bring my defective mattress to every retail location on Long Island during business hours to show your customers what they are buying. Sleepy's you will not take advantage of consumers like me and get away with it.

Dear David,

Thank you for sharing your concern. Please advise us of the best time of day and phone number to be reached on. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

We purchased a mattress and got a few other items including 2 sets of queen sheets. All went well...delivery on time and professional. Our problem is that the delivery truck only had 1 set of sheets rather than the 2 we ordered. The delivery guys searched the truck and found no extra sets of sheets. They told us to contact the store in Poughkeepsie, NY to let them know. I talked to the manager and he said to stop over for the sheets. When I did, he was not there and I spoke to a salesperson about it. He said it would sent to us via UPS...that was about 3 weeks ago. I opened a complaint (**) on the SLEEPY's webpage. They said the manager would contact us in 24 to 48 hours and closed the complaint...that was about a week ago (well over the 48 hours) and still no contact. The sheets aren't expensive and it is now a matter of principle. I should not have to go out of my way on this issue.

Dear E.Oak

Thank you for sharing your concern. Please advise of your telephone number and the best time of day to be reached. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

Do not waste your time or money with this company. Sleepy's will deliver an unusable product, then indefinitely drag out the exchange process with an unresponsive warranty service, ultimately screwing you over with a piece of broken furniture that you can neither return nor discard. I purchased a mattress + box spring that arrived six weeks ago. The delivered box spring was broken (caved-in corner with busted slats that won't evenly hold up a mattress), and when I called the warranty service, the representative promised a follow-up within 48 hours to schedule an exchange. It didn't happen.

For the past six weeks, I've called/emailed multiple times per week and spoken to at least half-dozen representatives who all say the same thing ("apologize for the inconvenience," "looking into your case," "will reach out to you," "will assign someone to address your concerns") but do not follow through, and make meaningless apologies with zero actual progress. Sleepy's has wasted my time and money with a broken unusable box spring that's simply taken up space for a month and a half. I will never purchase anything from this company again and discourage anyone else from doing so.

I recently bought a Simmons Beautyrest Shakespeare Luxury Plush, it was delivered last week. We decided it isn't as comfortable as we thought it would be, so decided we should exchange. We were surprised to see that it will cost us $150, but understood. We went to a store to lay on some more beds and finally decided on one. The new one is twice as much, but we decided it was the best for us. We see that the sign says any purchase of a Serta iSeries gets a free bed. Great, right? Wrong. The nice lady at the store told us that the option did not come up, so we would not be able to get a free bed. I decided to try chatting online, but to no avail there either.

I just don't understand how it is that I am now making a $2000 purchase and am not going to get what someone who walks in would get. We have other beds to replace, but we will be looking elsewhere. There are plenty of other places to shop, both in person and online. I will be encouraging others to do the same, unless someone from customer service would like to rectify our situation. I don't feel that we are asking for much, just what comes along with the bed we are purchasing. Thank you for your time.

Dear Nicky,

We apologize if you have experienced any complications with your recent purchase. We are here to help! Please advise us of the best contact number and the best time to reach you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

I ordered a mattress on the Sleepy's website 9/2 during a sale. I called a week later to ask when I should expect delivery as I had gotten no email or phone call. The rep from CS told me that the mattress was coming with 2 free jumbo pillows (part of the sale) and that they were back ordered, therefore the mattress hadn't shipped, she separated the orders so my mattress would ship via UPS and the pillows would come whenever. She told me I should expect them 9/12 at the latest.

Well today is 9/12 and no mattress, no email, no call. I called again. The rep told me the mattress was now expected to ship 9/19!!! I asked why it hadn't shipped yet, she said "it's on the truck but it hasn't shipped," what??? It's coming via UPS? Why is it sitting on a truck? Pack it up and let's go. So I'm anticipating another delay. Either way, with the new anticipated ship date, I won't get the mattress until 20+ days after I ordered, with no attempt to contact me from Sleepy's. Thank goodness I didn't need this immediately.

I went to Sleepy's on Duke St in Alexandria to buy an inexpensive mattress. My salesman was Michael. He explained the different types of mattresses and encouraged me to try them. When I picked a type, he showed me mattresses of that type at various prices and encouraged me to try them. I chose the least expensive one because it felt most comfortable to me. The more expensive ones were too soft. Michael did not try to pressure me to buy a more expensive mattress. He told me there would be a delivery charge because the order was so small. But he figured out a way I could buy a discounted pillow for less than the delivery charge and get free delivery. So I saved money and got a pillow (which I like).

My mattress and box spring were delivered the next day. The men were scheduled to come between 5 and 9, but they called at 3:30 and said they were ready. They were very fast. They unwrapped and set up the goods and took away the old mattress and box spring in just a few minutes. The new mattress is comfortable. I got courteous and friendly service. I cannot say anything about the durability of the mattress because I've only had it a couple of weeks, but based on my experience so far, I am very satisfied with Sleepy's. I was expecting high pressure, but I got patient, efficient, cooperative service. I want people to know about a success story here, because so many stories about mattress stores are negative.

Dear Susan,

We apologize if you have experienced any complications with your recent purchase. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you to further address your concerns. We have located your account and will assign it to a Consumer Relations Representative who will reach out to you and address your concerns.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I purchased a mattress from the Mansfield, Ma. store a month ago. It is SO HARD and UNCOMFORTABLE that I can not sleep on it - it's causing neck and back pain. Notified the sales people and customer service and they WILL NOT exchange this mattress. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY - They don't return your call and they don't live up to their policies! Very dissatisfied and would never purchase anything from them ever again!

Dear Joseph.

We apologize for any complications you had with your delivery. We have located your account and will assign it to a Consumer Relations Representative who will contact you to address your concerns.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

Told the guy I was moving to another state. Told them I only wanted to look since we were moving out of state. Salesman was so nice we trusted what he said. Said he could deliver to Myrtle Beach. That was a lie. Said the pillows were free. That was a lie. Turns out there is no Sleepy's in Myrtle Beach and they tried delivering to my old address... states away!! Customer service kept saying they would call us back, never did. I called the store we bought it from. Guy said nothing I can do. I'll leave a message for a manager... really?! It's 4000 dollars we paid cash, not a pair of Nike's pal.

Now we are out 4K sleeping on the floor. Yes kids too, on the floor. Could take ten days before we get refunded but hey some guy made a nice commission lying to us. Topping on top, I got an email stating my mattresses are delivered?! FYI, they are merging with mattress firm, don't be fooled!! The sales guy said some African company was buying them out. That's a lie too. What a terrible thing to do to someone. I get sales and commission but really to do this to someone. I told him I didn't want to buy anything in PA because we were moving and I didn't want any problems. OK so you're saying lie and steal your money. I have a bad back which is why we bought the mattress. Now we're sleeping on the floor. Thanks Sleepy's of Lansdale PA! I'll send you my Dr bill since I just had steroids for my back and hip and now have to sleep on the floor!

Dear Rose,

We apologize if you have experienced any complications with recent purchase. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you to further address your concerns. We have located your account and will assign it to a Consumer Relations Representative who will contact you to address your concerns.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I order a bed. It was delivered without a tag that was needed to return a mattress. It was cut or ripped off before we got it. Did not know that it was a part of the bed. I went to return the mattress because the mattress is horrible. I feel like the ends are collapse. We have 120 to test the mattress out. Found this out when we got to the store to ask questions. Was not told this at the time we ordered the mattress that cost 800+ so to return the bad mattress we need this tag.

I continued to tell them it was not there. Did not know it has to be there. Never noticed it was missing. But the driver from today said the drivers did it again. Delivering a mattress and taking the tag off. Now I am stuck with a mattress that is horrible and one ordered I paid cash for. This one to be picked up. There is no reason for us to be stuck with this problem. You have outside people delivering. I am super upset. I have been a customer for over 15 years. I will never buy again unless this is resolved. I am sharing pictures.

Mr. Huber,

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

A little more than one year ago, my wife and I purchased a $2,000 mattress from Sleepy's in Northvale, New Jersey. I explained to the salesman that my previous mattress had dips in the middle and were causing my wife severe back pain. He assured us that Sleepy's would guarantee all of their mattresses. After only 16 months, the mattress began to sag. My wife's back pain is worse than ever. We tried rotating the mattress and when we lifted it up we found what appears to be blood stains on the mattress cover on the underside of the bed. (We would have had no reason to ever look there, it was the part that lays next to the box spring).

I called Sleepy's and they ordered me a kit from Mattress Marshals that took a week to arrive. I went through the process as they asked, only to find out that the mattress was not sagging ENOUGH for them to honor the warranty. Furthermore, I was told the warranty could be voided because of the blood stains that they sent me in the first place! I am horrified not only by the blood stains, but by their lack of concern for their customers and would adamantly advise against anyone using Sleepy's for their mattress needs.

Dear Kamal,

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

Have a very bad attitude. Before buying, they deal with you as a king, and after your purchase, they deal with you annoying beggar.

Robin,

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We were able to locate your account. A specialist will be assigned to your case and contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

Contacted Sleepy's (which has now been bought out my Mattress Firm) about issue with mattress. Was directed to warranty inspection through Mattress Marshall. Have had the absolute worst time trying to get ahold of them, they NEVER call or do what they are supposed to when they say they will. We still do not know anything about the status of our warranty, can not reach anyone there and no one is calling us. When contacting Sleepy's, they just say "We will email them and let you know if we hear anything." Again... NO response! Will NEVER buy anything from Sleepy's (or Mattress Firm) again and will not buy from any store that uses Mattress Marshall for the warranties.

Hi Khaki,

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

Although the mattress I purchased seemed to be the best choice in the showroom, the first night "sleeping" on it was all tossing and turning in an effort to get comfortable. Having said that, it may be perfect for someone else. After two sleepless nights, and awakening with sore ribs and a sore back, I moved to my guest room. I contacted the store, and reviewed the exchange policy just in case I needed to make a switch. Serta requires a minimum of 30 days for home trial, so until that time was up, I tried sleeping on it several more times, all with the same result - very little sleep and soreness. On day 31, I returned to the store to arrange an exchange. This coincided with the heavily advertised Labor Day sale, (free boxspring *only if you purchase for full price* and half off - with "up to" in a very tiny and faint colored font).

To make matters more complicated, my original mattress was delivered with purple marker writing on the top edge, which I thought was an inventory mark of some sort, so never brought to anyone's attention until I was asked if the mattress had any marks or stains. It took nearly 2 hours in the showroom, with both sales people making calls to the corporate office and the regional manager using landlines and cellphones. The in-store salesmen were pleasant and doing their best, as the corporate level representative was refusing to authorize the return because of the purple marks. I emailed pictures to her for documentation purposes. In the end, the mattress was exchanged, I was given a reduced price on a boxspring (which they were going to charge me a delivery fee of $90 for, even though the same truck was delivering both it and the mattress to the same address at the same time).

Ask for more than what you want, be willing to compromise, and walk out if you aren't happy with their offer. There is a mattress store on every corner, and they are ALL on sale ALL the time. Delivery for both the original and the replacement has been on time and efficient. Drivers are courteous and respectful. Be sure to inspect your purchase before signing. ANY marks on a mattress are considered a stain and can impact the return policy and/or warranty.

Sleepy's Company Profile