toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Dear Loretta,

Thank you for shopping at Sleepy’s and sharing your positive experience with us. We are happy that our Mattress Professionals were able to provide you with the information needed to choose the right set of bedding. Enjoy your new purchase! We look forward to serving you for years to come.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2016

We expected the usual dogging one finds in furniture/mattress stores, but there was none. Just an extremely well-mannered, service-oriented, knowledgeable young man who actually left us alone. Ryan **, answered our questions directly, did NOT try to up-sell any items, did NOT try to influence our decision outside of answering our questions. We did buy a mattress a little more expensive than we wanted, but the quality matched the price and it was a rather reasonable one anyway. All in all, we were in the store only one half hour and left very pleased. Sleepy's will also cart away our old mattress for a very small fee. Very pleased with Sleepy's and recommend highly.

Resolution response: Jan. 8, 2016

Satisfied with how my case was handled and resolved. Thank you for your assistance Mr. Rudolph. Your professionalism with my case should be commended.

Good Afternoon Ms. Pryor,

Thank you for your update and for sharing your positive experience with us. We are glad that our Warranty Support Department was able to assist you! We look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2016

Was very satisfied with the response from warranty dept for sleepy's. They gave me full credit for the mattress and partial for the adjustable base. I was able to purchase a new set and so far am pleased with it.

Sleepy's was suggested to us by Simmons Beautyrest to help us find a warranty replacement mattress. What a breath of fresh air-from the moment we entered the store, the store salesman - (**) guided us through the replacement options and process even though our original mattress was not purchased with them. What great customer service even down to the delivery personnel. They have made a huge impression on us and I would recommend this store and its employees to anyone that is in the market for a new mattress set. They definitely have our future business. Thank you **, we are now getting a better nights' rest with your help.

Dear Annette,

We are sorry to hear what you experiencing. We would like to address this matter. A specialist will be assigned to your account, who will contact you for further assistance.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Me and my husband purchased a Laura Ashley mattress, 2 months after purchasing it started to sag. There is a gigantic dip. We put a claim in and was sent a "self inspection kit" which now sells for $24.99 JUST TO PUT A CLAIM IN. It's a string and a piece of cardboard. After I followed instructions and submitted my pictures, we had to wait close to a month for a response. I was SO anxious to get a new mattress during this brutal weight, my husband wakes up with severe back pain and I am pregnant. I had personal issues myself waking up. We finally got a response which said we were denied! I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!

My husband recently had to go to his doctor for his back. It was even said from his doctor it is due to the mattress. We have expressed and pleaded to get a replacement but Mattress Marshals does not care and said to submit another claim in 4 months! Having to pay money now for a self inspection kit for a defaulted bed. Beware of purchasing here! I wish I had gone somewhere else!

Dear Treena,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. We would like to address your concerns and will have a specialist assigned to your case who reach out to you for further assistance

Original review: March 20, 2017

We bought what we thought was a good mattress - when it arrived it wasn't like it the store (we figured those were broken in more). Now two years in and we can't get a good night's sleep. We were sent the testing kit and of course denied. We can't talk about comfort or feel (which is what the problems are if your mattress is bad). This is not a dip or a bump in the mattress. It is broken down. The memory foam doesn't remember. It is a horrible mess. How do I go about using the warranty they pushed so hard when you're buying but no one can figure out how to use? I'm certain that I can't be the only person who has had issues with the Phenom bed purchased in late 2014. Why can't anyone help me?

We contacted Sleepy's about warranty because the mattress is sagging badly. The company you have to deal with for the beginning of the warranty is ok then it gets transferred to Sleepy's. When Sleepy's reviewed the claim they refuse to cover the mattress because of staining. I bought the $100 plus cover they said to buy to safeguard the mattress. What good is that when it doesn't do what they claim and now the mattress has a stain. I will never deal with Sleepy's ever again and I warn people about how they con you into buying covers for your mattress that even though they say "the cover will safeguard the mattress against staining" it doesn't and they will not stand behind the products they sell. My mattress is only a couple of years old. Nothing like flushing $1100 down the drain. I'm very unsatisfied with the way they handled my claim.

In 2014 we purchased our Mattress from Sleepy's. After just a few months, the mattress was caving in, my back was killing me! I called and they gave me such a hard time about it. First they sent this home test kit that I had to measure with a string and take pics. I refused to do that and demanded someone come to my home. Sure enough, the mattress was defective. They told me they would replace it with the same bed, and I told them no, because I don't want the same problem to happen again. I went from store to store trying to find a SIMPLE solution to a very annoying problem. My sons bed is from 1800mattress and we have had this since 2006 and it is still the best mattress in our house. I also was told I could not downgrade. I had to spend the same or MORE on my replacement mattress.

It has been less than one year AND: DEFECTIVE!! I am FURIOUS. All I have been trying to do since 2014 is get a good night's sleep in my bed, and my husband and I are both sleeping on the couch again. I dread calling Sleepy's because they will give me the same song and dance "It's too late" or "Pick another mattress equal to or greater than." I do not have time for this. I want my money back and I want a new mattress from ANYWHERE except Sleepy's. HELP.

Dear Elizabeth,

We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. A specialist will be assigned to your case and contact you for further assistance.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I bought a mattress and financed it many months ago. Then on 11/18/16 I ordered 3 mattress protectors which totaled 317.83. I was given the full protector but the two queen size protectors were to be mailed. I waited week after week and when I called I was told by Jason in the Ossining, NY store that the protectors were back ordered over and over again. When I called on 1/30/17, I was told there was another delay. I told him I wanted a full refund which he told me totaled $223.33. He said the money would be refunded to the visa card that I had used. I waited for the refund with no avail.

I went into the store and spoke to another woman who told me once the refund was done the store couldn't help me. She gave me a phone number for Mattress Firm. I spoke with a woman today in warranties at that number and she advised me that a refund was submitted to Synchrony on 1/30/17. They own the financing on my mattress. It never went to the visa card. I called Synchrony today and they looked and a credit and they said it was never sent to them. At this point I am very upset and it is impossible to get anyone in customer service to help me. Very mad!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sleepy's?

We purchased a few beds from Sleepy's (aka Mattress Firm). The first bed was not the same as it was in the store - so they allowed me to exchange it. The new bed was delivered just this past weekend on Feb 18th. Since sleeping in the bed my sister has woken up with bites all over her back neck and sides. She tried emailing and calling them but has yet to get someone to return her calls/emails (today is 2/23).

This is a disgrace and they should be calling her back in the same hour. If anyone has experience with this with this company (I see this is not the first complaint of this kind for them either) please let me know. She does not need this extra stress in her life right now and I expect Sleepy's/Mattress Firm will call her tomorrow and get that bed out of her home and take care of any needed exterminating so they don't spread to other areas of her home. Otherwise we are going to call the Dept of Health and government, Consumer Affairs and report them - along with a broad social media campaign of educating the public about our experience with this company. Shameful really...

I bought mattress about a year ago and I am already having problems with the mattress due to sagging and improper frame support. I suggest to save the headache and never do business with this company, because of the unfair hospitality to the consumer and or customer. The day of purchase the salesman started off nice, very gentle and calm. After I got qualified for $3k credit he started to get more aggressive and continued to push a bed close to that amount and told me everything that I needed in a bed, from great back support to shoulder and hip support. After the purchase the salesman got more aggressive because he had already made the sale and provided little information about the warranty.

A week later the bed was delivered since I had no frame prior to the bed delivery so the guys offered a frame no cost no paperwork being signed. As the time goes and I start sleeping on the bed the sagging started to happen. My girlfriend and I realized that the sagging got worse. I finally called Sleepy's and paid for the inspector to come in inspect the bed. He even asked me and told me that the bed had improper support. 7 days later I got an email that stated my warranty was voided due to improper support of the frame. I called customer service and did little to no help. Told me my warranty was voided and there was nothing else I could do to get help.

The frame was provided to me from the delivery guys themselves and I have my mom who was also there to see that the frame was delivered by the sleepy's delivery team. Due to no paperwork being sign or no proof they did not provide help for me. Basically calling me a liar that I got provided with such frame. My advice to you is to avoid headaches, time and stress is not provide business by this company because they will scam you out of your warranty so they won't have to replace your deteriorating product.

Dear Patty,

Please allow us to apologize for your experience and thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We take your concerns seriously and would like to help. A specialist will contact you to assist you

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I purchased a mattress & box spring from Sleepy's just over a year ago. Our new bed creaked all the time. After 8 months, it the box spring broke. Wood broke all the way through and ripped right through the outer coating. I e-mailed and they said I would have to have it inspected. $24.95 for the self inspection fee and $39.95 for the Vendor inspection fee. I paid over $1200 for the set and now they wanted $65 for an inspection to find out their product was crap? Absolutely ridiculous! I responded asking if those fees would be returned to me if the box spring was found to be defective. I never heard anything back. I had to purchase another box spring! I, obviously, went somewhere else and will NEVER go to a Sleepy's or whatever they're calling themselves these days again!!!

I went to Sleepy's six months ago to purchased a mattress. The sales lady who helped us was very nice, she recommended a Laura Ashley mattress promising us that the mattress will remain semi-firm for years to come. Now six months later one side of the mattress sinks in when minimal weight is applied. We have already been through the grueling process of trying to receive our promised warranty as per the sales woman who stated "any issues with your mattress Sleepy's will rectify it", to which our problem was not solved.

Through this process we have been continually told that our mattress is only 5/8th's of an inch depressed, and the warranty doesn't cover it. What no one realizes is that once the slightest bit of weight is applied to the mattress it severely caves in, even the mattress inspector who tested our mattress stated that you cannot get an accurate indentation measurement due to the pillow top becoming lumpy over the problematic area. NO ONE is attempting to help us or see the fault in this mattress. Sleepy's supervisors keep regurgitating the same statement that "there is only 5/8th's of an inch depression, we cannot do anything until it becomes 1 1/2." My wife is pregnant. She hasn't been getting any sleep as well as myself with the large sinkhole in our mattress.

Dear Christopher,

Sleepy's number one goal is customer satisfaction. Please advise the best time of day and telephone number you can be reached out. We look forward to working with you and resolving your complaint. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Me and my wife have got our mattress almost 2 years ago and already have 1 in. indentation marks in our mattress, and the springs are digging into our backs. Sleepy's will not give me a new mattress or credit towards another one until the indentation goes below 1 1/2 in and hurts us more. THIS IS HORRIBLE AND NOT GOOD BUSINESS.

Brenda,

We apologize if you have experienced any complications. We were able to locate your account. A Specialist will review your account and will reach out for further assistance.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Purchased a nice mattress, box spring and frame or so I thought from Sleepy's. Within a week returned two mattresses because of SINKING. When we received the 3rd mattress, it seemed good. Six months later my husband was in the hospital for four months. When he returned home he complained he was sleeping in a big dip. After losing 45 lbs he really had a hard time moving around with such a sinkhole where he sleeps. Unfortunately I did not buy a warranty for this mattress but I will say I feel cheated with this purchase that's not even a year old!

Kevin,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Utilizing the information provided, we were able to locate your warranty claim. Your account will be assigned to a specialist who will reach out to further address your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

In February 2016 we purchased a bed for our son from Sleepy's. We do so after having a bad experience previously with Sleepy's when we purchased a bed for our other son (we had to have the bed replaced twice due to sagging). Unfortunately, the bed we purchased in February 2016 began to show the same poor quality as the previous one we purchased (sagging). We filed a warranty claim with Sleepy's and the mattress marshal came out and confirmed for us that the bed was sagging both in the middle and the sides. Over a month goes by and no word from Sleepy's about replacing the mattress. I called Sleepy's last week and after waiting for 30 minutes finally got to speak to a customer service rep.

After she looked up our claim she informed me that our warranty had been voided. I expressed shock and asked why. She informed me that the frame we were using had no center support bar and therefore the warranty is voided. I indicated that we got the frame from Sleepy's and if they gave us the wrong frame why would that void my warranty for their error. She then looked up my invoice and said they didn't give me the frame. I went on to explain that my son had a full size bed previously and we purchased the new queen size bed from Sleepy's so I had to have gotten the frame from them. I then asked to speak to a supervisor and she said he would have to call me back. That was last Thursday 1/5. Today is Monday 1/9 and I'm still waiting for a call.

I purchased a mattress in 2008. It is said mattresses have warranty for 10-15 years but now when I call and tell Sleepy's about the mattress being sagged and not usable, they tell me they can't help at all just because there is a very small tear on one side of the mattress even the mattress is very clean and pristine condition (since I kept the mattress covering on it all these years). I would like to get the mattress replaced but they completely shut me down on the call. Talking to the supervisor was also not useful at all.

We bought a "Kristen" model queen sized mattress from Sleepy's exactly 1 year ago for $2,500. Within 2 months, one side of the mattress started sinking. I have a sensitive back (that's why we decided to invest that much in a mattress) so I switched sides with my wife. 1 month later, she was complaining too. At this point, we are 3 months into our purchase. We got in touch with the store and they said they do not accept returns after a mattress has been delivered. In fact, we were told "you should have tried the mattress when we delivered it, that's the only time we would accept a return". So to summarize: Defective product for $2,500 that didn't last a few months + dismal customer service + they did not accept a return. If you are shopping for a mattress, I would strongly urge you to look somewhere else, don't take a risk with Sleepy's - it could cost you a lot of money and daily back pain.

In 2011, we purchased mattresses and box springs. Over the weekend, I noticed that one of the box springs was slanted to the side and the lats/wood supports were cracked and broken. We had no problem with the corporate office and local store in West Hempstead. However, when the delivery man came to make the exchange, he noted that there were stains on the side of the box spring, and stains would void a warranty. Although the transaction required authorization, my question becomes, if the frames break and supports wear after normal use, how do stains void a warranty if it did not cause the problem? Also, my king mattress is sagging - that should not be. The full mattress is also sagging. You are getting four stars because of the service - You would get 2 stars because of the product. These were not cheap bedding in terms of price.

Dear Michele,

Thank you for sharing your concern.Please advise us when is the best time of day and phone number you can be reached at. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

In December of 2015 I purchased a mattress, adjustable base and 5-year extended warranty. I noticed the mattress had a hump in the center. I was told I could get a replacement under the 120 Warranty, but when I made the attempt I was told, "Oh no that mattress is not covered." In addition there is a problem with the base. I made several attempts through the year and have been sent from this place to that place, but my issues have yet to be resolved. If I file a complaint, it is closed within minutes with no resolution. I have sent pictures, made calls and waited and waited and waited, I'm tired of waiting. The last technician came out in July and said I would hear from someone within 48 hours, that never happened.

The mattress has poor quality workmanship with a $1700 price tag, I have reason to believe that it was previously used seeing that it came with no plastic covering among other flaws. If Sleepy's has no intention of correcting the problem, I would like a full refund. As of December 2016 I am still being ignored, the bed is still tilted to one side and the mattress still has a hump in the center. I can't operate the base because it only makes matters worse. After all I've been through, I deserve more than an apology.

Dear Jackie,

We apologize if you have experienced any complications with your recent purchase. We are here to help!. We look forward to speaking with you and resolving your complaint.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

I ordered a mattress and frame 4 months ago and still have not received the frame. I have called several times and have spoken to managers in the store and corporate customer service representatives. I haven't gotten anywhere. I wouldn't recommend anyone buying a mattress from this company. It has been an awful experience! They are going through changes and NEVER returned my calls. I have been on hold with customer service and lead in circles! I spent over $5,000 on this product and they are now not giving me an option to get my money back.

Erin,

We would like to address your concerns. Please provide us with your invoice number, customer code or phone number. Once we receive this information a specialist will be assigned to your case and contact you.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

About three years ago my boyfriend and I purchased a very expensive king sized mattress that almost immediately started to deteriorate. We fought with the company for over a year and a half to get the citation resolved. It was beyond frustrating. We sent pictures of the sagging. Did a 'kit' they sent. Was denied any help for the longest time. All the while neither of us were getting restful sleep and both suffered back problems due to this mattress. FINALLY we got some help. They offered us another mattress. It was better than nothing so we agreed. Well, a few months into this new mattress and BIG SURPRISE we're having the same problem. The mattress is deteriorating and we're both suffering again. The place we bought the mattress is (not surprisingly) no longer a Sleepy's. So now we're out $2000 and no resolution. I sleep on the couch most nights. Whenever I go out of town and come home I notice how terrible this mattress is.

On business trips or even crashing on friend's couches, hotel rooms, pull out sofa's etc. All of these give me more restful sleep than a $2000 mattress. What's wrong with this picture? I'm not calling the company and I'm not going back into a store because that took 1.5 years to get it resolved the first time. I don't have that kind of time. Just don't waste any money here. Don't even get a free mattress here. It's not worth it ever.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Jan. 5, 2017

14 days after publishing the review, one of the specialist from Sleepy's contacted me. She explained why my situation is not qualified for the factory warranty. However, she kindly offered me a partial store credit and gave me a discount on the new mattress that I picked. I ended up with paying extra $250 in order to get the firmest mattress in the store and I am very pleased with this result. Finally, I can get a painless sleep after two years of struggle. I really appreciate the specialist's kindness and help!

Guozhen,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will have a specialist review your account and contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I bought a memory foam mattress and it was sinking after one year of use. My back hurts like hell and I need to go to the acupuncturist every week for treatment now. My doctor told me that if I continue sleep on this sinking bed, I will suffer more severe pain and it will be permanent. I called the customer service, and they sent me a self testing kit. I did what the kit instructed me to do and on the pictures it showed 1 inch of sinking dent. The representative who reviewed my pictures and said they need to see a 1 1/2 inch of dent to get my warranty effective. By no one laying on the bed, you can already see a dent 1 inch deep, imagine how deep is the dent when I sleep on it!!! I am literally sinking into the bed, no kidding!!! I have been sleeping on the bed in my guest room for months waiting for this issue to be resolved.

I was pretty confident about this purchase before because I thought Sleepy's is a trustworthy company that has 20 years of warranty if the mattress has problems. Unfortunately, I was so wrong. This whole warranty thing is a scam! What kind of memory mattress sinks on its own by 1 1/2 inch? Person who set this policy, did you do this on purpose so no one will ever qualify to use the warranty??? I really want to show you the picture with me laying INTO the mattress or let the person who is the decision maker sleep on the mattress for one night! And you will know what I am suffering from!!!

Hi Raife,

We apologize you are experiencing complications. We are here to help! we have located your invoice utilizing the information you provided. Please allow a specialist 24 hours to review and follow up to assist.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

11/30/2015 purchased S168296/6MAT. Less than a year, we have dentitions on the bed top. My husband called them then we got case # ** and they called with automatic message saying someone will contact us in 2 days. A week passed no one did. We called back, they gave us another phone number to call but that number is unreachable. This is not acceptable behavior. I need to find V.P. of your company email address.

Updated on 12/22/2016: After I wrote here, I got a reply and later we got a phone call from Executive Customer Service Department. He was very nice on the phone. Asked us to send pictures of the mattress. He told my husband not to worry. "We will take care of this matter before Friday." His name is Stenio **. Yesterday we emailed the pictures and my husband called him twice, left voice mail in his box. No reply. My husband called again no answer, no email. This time a year, employees might take time off for Holidays but at least they should have auto reply on their emails notify people as a courtesy same in their voice mails. At this point, I have zero confidence in to this company.

Dear Joanne,

Thank you for sharing your concern. Please advise when is the best time of day to contact you and also the best phone number. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to further address your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

When I bought my mattress, it was an extreme situation as it was extremely late. I thought I wanted a Tempur-Pedic mattress so I called around to see who can sell me one last minute. The Asian guy who kept the store open literally said that he only kept the store open so he can sell a Tempur-Pedic mattress and was disappointed I went with a pillow top.

Less than 10 months of getting my mattress, there were extremely deep indentations in the mattress. I called into warranty and they sent me a kit to test my bed. They said I could not claim my defect because it was.25" from their defect threshold. They said I have to wait a year before I can try again. I patiently waited a year and called again. They kept sending the kit to my old address (three times! Or so they say...) before they got it right months later. After testing my bed 3 times for the representative, she said I am qualified for a new mattress. This was in September. I have emailed and called and emailed and called and I STILL have no gotten a response!!! Is there anyone who can help me?! My bed is in TERRIBLE shape. All I want to do is get a new mattress!!!

Mary Anne,

We are truly sorry that the service you experienced was less than seamless. We do appreciate your feedback and will utilize it to determine how we might improve our organization and better serve our valued customers.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

Ordered a $300+ set of sheets online. Confirmation said would be shipped in 4-7 days. Four weeks later, no sheets, and no reply from Sleepy's--sent three emails, nada. Went to Better Business Bureau, filed a complaint and Sleepy's showed up pretty quickly, although they still stalled around for a week before crediting my account. Bad experience and won't return; having to use BBB to get someone to call is crazy. Definitely do not recommend.

Mishelle,

We will have a specialist review your complaint and contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

I purchased a KING size BED. As advertised, a Sleepy's KING size measurements are 76x80. At this time my bed is measuring 72x76. After speaking with supervisor they said I needed to report this issue within 2 weeks of delivery, therefore there is nothing they can do. I put my trust in Sleepy's that they would deliver what I purchased. Now I am stuck paying for a bed I do not own.

Aamir,

We apologize if you have experienced any complications with your mattress. We were able to locate your account and will have specialist reach out to you for further assistance.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

We bought our mattress from Sleepy's. We were told that they warranty the product and any problems they will fix it. We were also in line to buy another mattress for our master bedroom. Within 30 days we called and told the guy that mattress is sinking right in the middle. We were not able to visit the stores. We visited 40th day, and they would not replace the mattress. They gave us a number to call the corporate. We called corporate, they send us a kit, listen to this kit which is such a joke. They gave us a string to put in the mattress and a wedge while no one is on the mattress, that is, if it sinks on its own by inch or more, they will consider replacing it. How can mattress sink on its own???

My wife went to the stores, I went to the store, the sales reps were argumentative. They clearly said that Sleepy's is corporate own, and manufacturer of the mattresses is a different company. So we have to take it up with the manufacturer. I mean it's the worse mistake we have made thinking it's a reputable company. I am still making payments on a faulty mattress. I cannot sleep on it, because it sinks and hurts my back. The only reason we went to Sleepy's was to get a comfortable sleep and get good mattress, and this mattress is even worse than before. And you know the rep told, they are not in comfort business - WOW. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE CROOKS. YOUR HARD EARNED MONIES WILL BE LOST. GOD FORBID IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM WITH THE MATTRESS.

I shopped at Sleepy's because I thought they were a reputable company. I brought 4 mattresses on 7/7/15. Almost right away I had trouble with one of the queen size mattress. I called and the company sent me out a self inspection kit. I did as they requested and was denied a replacement. I reached out again on 12/5/16 and on 12/8 was told they no longer sell Kingsdown mattresses and I would have to reach out to Kingsdown myself. I was very unhappy that back in October I was denied and suffered on this mattress just to find out I would have to start this process again with another company. I asked why if you were not carrying this product anymore why was I denied a replacement when I first had issues. I feel Sleepy's held me off so it wouldn't be their problem.

Dear Fiona,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We will have a specialist review your account and contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

I went to the Sleepy's in Farmingdale, NY to look at mattresses with no intentions of buying yet. I ended up finding a Tempur-Pedic Contour Elite Breeze mattress that I really liked. My plan was to come back and buy it when I was ready to, but the salesman, Alex, gave me an offer that seemed too good to be true. The Farmingdale store is a clearance center and he just happened to have that exact mattress on clearance for half price. He said that as long as I put a deposit down the exact mattress I wanted would be available for me when I was ready to have it delivered. Cut to a month and half later when I was ready to have it delivered, I paid for the rest of the balance of the mattress and set up a delivery date. Two days before that day they called to cancel the delivery because they were backlogged on deliveries.

I set up another date with them for the next week. When they brought in my mattress I could tell something was off, and what do you know, it was not the mattress that I ordered. It was a similar Tempur-Pedic but it did not have the cooling Breeze technology that I had my heart set on and that I had paid for. This mattress was in fact less expensive than the one that I had already paid for. I refused delivery of the mattress and the delivery guys called up the store so I could speak with Alex the salesman.

Alex was extremely unhelpful. He told me that he did not have the mattress he guaranteed me he would have in stock and that he didn't know when he would be getting another one in stock, could be a day could be a month. He said that my best bet would be to keep the mattress they delivered and that he would refund me $400, but I did not want that. I wanted the mattress that I ordered at the price I paid for it. He was absolutely useless. Now I am unable to move into my new place as scheduled because I do not have a mattress and I have no clue when I will be getting what I ordered. Stay away from this place.

Dear Miriam,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced thus far. We will have a specialist review your account and reach out to you.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

I ordered a mattress online and got a robo call saying that Sleepy's would be at my house between 8:30 and 10:30. I called to confirm and was told that 'no-they would be there between 2-4'. I told the representative that I was told a different time frame. She said she didn't know what to tell me. I asked her to please confirm which it was. She said she would 'email the warehouse'. EMAIL the warehouse? I asked if she could call. She said 'no-that's not how Sleepys works anymore'. So an entire Saturday is spent wondering when I need to be home. This was completely unacceptable and I was offered no apology and no explanation except 'I don't know what to tell you'. From now on – it’s Jordan's Furniture. Horrible horrible horrible.

Dear Joan,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Utilizing the information provided, we were able to locate your invoice. Please allow for a specialist to review your account and reach out to further address your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

We bought my son a mattress about 18 months ago. He's a bigger guy 6 3 260. The mattress we have bought him has since began to sag. We got in contact the warranty department and after talking to them we did a little research on your own to find out that the salesperson who told us that it was okay to cut the tags off may have cost us our warranty. My son is legally disabled and he had trouble getting the sheets around this big tag. He had asked the sales person at the store about who said to my son he really didn't need to worry about the tag they're really just for us meaning Sleepy's, "Sure you can cut that off." Now my son who is on a limited income is stuck with a mattress he cannot afford to replace all over a stupid piece of paper on the end of the mattress that he was told he could remove by Sleepy's sales associate.

Dear Cary,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Utilizing the information provided, we were able to locate your invoice. Please allow 48 hours for a specialist to review your account and reach out to further address your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

The last time I had a problem with Sleepy's, in November 2014, with a sagging mattress... where they of course voided the warranty, a sales rep in the Forest Hills store offered me accommodation pricing... meaning he would credit me the entire price of the last mattress if I bought a luxury mattress. I agreed and settled on a GS Stearns pillow top for an additional $1200. Here I am 2 years later and the GS Stearns mattress is now bad - sagging, no support, pressure points, and if you lift the mattress to rotate it it will almost fold in half. I once again have back and neck problems from this mattress. This time, I'm not even going to bother to contact Sleepy's customer DISSERVICE. What's the point? They send out their Cartel... MATTRESS MARSHAL the warranty hit squad who will find a way to void the warranty.

Sleepy's DOES NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTIES. IT IS A JOKE. After they voided the warranty... the woman at their customer disservice center I spoke to was so rude and nasty calling me a liar. If it were a man I would have gone to their center and had a face to fist talk with him. I secretly had videoed the last mattress inspection, NY is a one party consent state, and turned it over to my attorney. The inspector said in video that the mattress was indeed sagging but still voided the warranty... read my last review for the details.

The Sleepy's rep called me a liar when I refused to turn it over to her. I have already had this GS STEARNS mattress looked at by an independent expert who determined it indeed sagging and lacks proper support. However because of the pillow top you will never see a 2 inch indentation... which is Sleepy's requirement for a sag... even though the pillow top hides it. The defects are within. This time I am going straight to court and suing Sleepy's, summons and complaint being drawn up. Maybe if more consumers actually took legal action, they would start honoring their so called warranties.

Updated on 12/16/2016: I was contacted by Stenio ** of Sleepy's customer dis service department. I should mention that this is my second bad experience with Sleepy's. As I was threatening a lawsuit, Stenio ** assured me if I held off on legal action he would resolve the problem. I sent him the photos he requested as I refused another bogus mattress inspection from their warranty hit squad Mattress Marshall, and he called me on 12/10 saying he definitely saw the defect and would not have any problem issuing a letter of credit and this would happen by Monday 12/12.

Here it is a week later and Mr. ** has disappeared. He has not returned phone calls or emails. It seems that Mr. **'s intention was to delay my legal action rather than actually help. Upon further research, I found that even when they say they will honor the warranty, the delivery people can still void the warranty on delivery of a replacement mattress. At this point I have severe back neck and hip pain from the mattress and have been sleeping in a recliner for several weeks. It is my intention to move ahead with legal action and will name Mr. ** as an additional defendant. I would like to hear from others on this site with similar problems with Sleepy's as a class action lawsuit would be in order.

Mina,

We are sorry for any inconvenience you may have encountered. We would like to to turn your negative experience around. A specialist will be assigned to your account and will contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

We purchased a mattress through Sleepy's via phone on August 23, 2016. The reason for this is that Sleepy's will not set up the mattress for you. My husband and I are senior citizens and are not able to set up either. Sleepy's processed the order through Mattress Firm since they are now the same company and the receipt sent to me had Mattress Firm's info. The mattress has caused my husband a lot of hip and back issues because it is too firm. We went to our local Mattress Firm to try and exchange this mattress for a softer one taking advantage of their 120 "Happy Sleep Guarantee." We were told that since we purchased through Sleepy's we had to go through them to exchange/return the mattress. It has been a nightmare to talk to anyone at Sleepy's. They only have Chat for sales and on phone, you can only select "warranty" issues - nothing else.

We finally got through to a warranty customer rep, Fred on November 6. He said he would contact local Mattress Firm management to arrange for exchange. He promised they would call by end of day. Nothing! Today, November 7, I called again and was #22 in line to talk to a warranty person (only way you can get to talk to anyone there at Sleepy's). I was called back by a Casha. She asked for me to hold on and she would help me. I waited for 37 minutes and she never came back. The local Mattress Firm will not help you since they say our sale is not in their system. It's impossible to get anyone at Sleepy's to respond after the sale! Do Not Do Business with Sleepy's or Mattress Firm (they are the same company now)!!

Sleepy's Company Profile