Sleepy's
Sleepy's is now owned and operated by Mattress Firm. Please click on this link to visit the Mattress Firm page for further assistance.
It's that easy Request Information
4.35/5
Based on 17,664 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand
This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

Accounts for Sleepy's are now managed by Mattress Firm.

1775 Sleepy's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 1, 2018

I am now second guessing my purchase of the Sleepy's Reserve Pillow top King size Mattress and Box set that I just bought from Mattress Firm in Irving, TX. The guy bragged about how this company hailed from California and heard nothing but good things about their bed. My fiance and I are slightly on the larger side and specifically asked how well would this bed hold up over the years for us? He just showed us how there was a coil spring system in the middle and a multi layered foam system... To which should hold up great! But with Mattress Firm they have their own return policy of 120 day or your money back. He suggested we sleep on it for at least 30 days to break it in.

But after reading all the different types of beds, the lengths of time that everyone has had to wait and the ridiculous kit that is sent in the mail who in the hell would want to follow through with a purchase of one of their beds??? I have had 6 back surgeries and need a neck surgery and sure don't need any issues with that or hassles from a company that comes on here to say "Sorry for any inconvenience" or "We will have someone get back to you". YOU SHOULD BE ON TOP OF IT ALREADY WHEN PEOPLE CALL THE FIRST TIME. YOU MAKE THINGS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

DON'T MAKE PEOPLE SPEND $2000.00 + ON YOUR BEDS AND THEN KEEP THEM WAITING OVER A YEAR FOR IT TO SAG .5 INCHES MORE!!! Bad business!!!! So yup... Monday going to Mattress Firm and canceling this bed. I have a bed from them since 2000 and it is still in pretty damn good condition but really needed to upgrade it. But refuse to get any headaches off your crappy beds. I feel bad for everyone that had to go through this!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 26, 2018

I injured my back several years ago and needed a better bed. I went to a local Sleepy's store and was sold on a bed that had remote that adjusted your head and legs as well as a built-in massage. The sale person who was very young and inexperienced told us all about the bed including that they had the best return policy out of all the bed companies in the area. I purchased the bed for around $6,000.00. I notified that sales person that I would be spending close to 23 hours a day in the bed for at least 3-4 years. After about 3 to 4 years the bed was falling apart. I notified Sleepy's and told them that I was disabled and the bed was falling apart.

I requested another bed since part of the $6,000.00 bed came with a 20-year warranty. They refused saying that I had to flip this massive QUEEN sized medical bed over and unzip the covering then I needed to get a mop lay it across the mattress and rest a quarter against it and take several pictures. These people are plain sick. The condition of my disability has worsened since the bed is crap and I am forced to still sleep on it. In the next couple of months I will hire a lawyer and pursue charges against this horrific company. If you have a brain, DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR BUSINESS.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Our first visit to the store May 23, 2016. Advertised Memorial Day Sale. Store associate helpful. Explained that new customers lay on a series of mattresses to determine a comfort level. Took us 45mins to go through the series... ultimately found our type. We then spent time with associate determining what mattress brand was suited for us based on need comfort and price. Decided on BeautyRest Pillowtop $1849.00. Suckered into buying a $249 mattress protector after being told by store associate without one it would void warranty of mattress. (FYI spoke with manufacturer 10/2017 directly and a cover is not necessary to keep the manufacturer’s warranty valid).

1st mattress delivered promptly on date and time. However only one delivery person carrying mattress so it was bent in a V coming down my driveway. Wasn’t sure if this was proper and thought odd. Wasn’t going to question delivery man. I refused the mattress after 1 night of laying in it, ABSOLUTELY DID NOT represent the mattress we laid on in store and it was totally bent in middle with no support. It feels like a giant marshmallow you can’t get out of! If it felt like that in the store I wouldn’t have purchased. Went into store we purchased from, explained how it was delivered, and how it felt like a hammock.

A 2nd mattress was sent immediately. No questions asked. Still feels like the 1st mattress. Absolutely no support in middle despite proper bed frame and supports. Giant marshmallow. Was mislead in understanding store's terms. Was told by store associate we had a 365 day return period based on mattress style. When in fact only 21 days in store returns and 120 days for manufacturer returns. Store would allow us to return despite confusion on time limit however we now had to pay a restock/return fee of $149.95 and could only exchange for equal or greater value. Decided we didn’t want to return junk and get more junk.

Spoke with Simmons/BeautyRest customer service about warranty issues. Referred me to my warranty booklet, which I never received with my “new” mattress. Customer service said it should have been attached to my new mattress in a plastic cover. Nope. They clarified warranty class and ultimately any warranty issues would be done through the retailer, Sleepy's. No thank you! Feel likes we got a used mattress.

Now after only 22 months of owning mattress, it has many humps and bumps on both sides. Have rotated mattress 3x now, cannot flip. We sleep head to toe... not by choice but out of necessity. Both of our backs are now sore in the morning. Arms go to sleep and are numb through the night. We both have gained weight due to lack of sleep and tossing and turning. Unfortunately it is our only bed and have no other options but to sleep in it... I wouldn’t even give this away!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I purchased my king size King Koil Laura Ashley mattress August 2015 for $1,455.19 and there is a definite sag in the middle. I have a bad back and it's very difficult to roll out of the sagging center of the bed. It took 3 phone calls before I was told to download instructions to measure the bed. I submitted everything they requested but was told "the mattress meets the manufacturer's warranty". They also said I could "Get a Second Opinion for Only $39.95" plus transportation costs! My mattress should not sag after 2 and a half years and clearly others have posted similar complaints. Very disappointed!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Purchase made 4/15. Complained in telephone call Nov 2016 mattress sagging on one side. Was told to turn mattress. Turned 3x. I now almost roll off the side originally placed on husband's side. Mattress so flattened on the one side (memory foam not remembering) it appears to be larger than the adjustable base. Complaints online. Sleepy's reviews claim a charge is made to have it inspected. If the claim not denied you are forced to buy the same cost mattress... the same type of mattress. We are retired seniors not able to deal with this. I financed mattress. Am paying at least another year... almost 5000. Please help!.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sleepy's?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

So there I am looking to buy a mattress and the salesman sells me a mattress because they want to get rid of Tempur-Pedic. Since Mattress Firm took over, they have stopped carrying Tempur-Pedic. Now I cannot exchange or file a claim with them and get it replaced. I am going to sue their stupid ** and try to get my money back from those thieving crooks. I tell them I am a hot-sleeper and they say this is fine. I think they are closed because of the name change and someone telling me that.

I find out a year-and-a-half later they are still Sleepy's, but under Mattress Firm; making me wonder now why they aren't Sleepy's anymore. Ugh... Maybe because they sell people the wrong ** and get sued or something else ill-business-wise. What a bunch of **! None of them helped me. I am going to write a letter to corporate and then find out if I can sue them. Paying for a good mattress is about the next 10 years in one, so why would they not help or be helpful. ** business I wish would go to ** and ** them all **!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I purchased a Posturepedic queen mattress set from Sleepy's in October 2015 for my son's room for $852. The mattress set is only used when he is home for holidays. He has stated in the past that the mattress seemed to sag. When he came home for Thanksgiving weekend, he said the mattress was sagging and his back was hurting. When I turned the mattress on its side, the mattress seemed flimsy and very light. I feel that this is not the same mattress that I laid on when I went to the store to purchase the mattress set. I feel like I was scammed and I will never return to Sleepy's/Mattress Firm.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Bought a mattress some years ago, but is still under warranty. Mattress is so uncomfortable. My wife now sees a chiropractor. Mattress sinks in middle and sags on the sides. Sags so bad that a few months ago I fell off bed. I too was sold a piece of string for amazing low price of just $24.95. After over a month of putting in a claim I called up to see what is hold up. I was told I was denied a claim, but can have a 20 percent discount off next mattress I buy from them. When buying mattress, yes I was sold the bill of goods by salesman, “Any problems, no worries, you have warranty. We stand behind our product.” Seems like they hide behind product or when too many bad reviews they change their name.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

My husband talked me out of a Sealy. Wanted to try the mattresses from Sleepy's. I worked at Sealy and knew what and how they were made. My son bought a TempurPedic. So I said ok. We bought it in late 2015. We have turned this mattress 4 different ways. All you can see is the middle. It is just crap. We don't have money to throw away like this. We took two back as I told my husband some people take shortcuts in making mattresses every day. So we kept number 3 thinking we had no recourse. I dread every night getting in that bed. My back just kills me. I try piling on some blankets for help.

This is by far the worst purchase I have ever made. Our bed is now long ways for the 2nd round. I hope no one else has to go through this as we can not afford another one. Had two different salespeople one in training one the manager. I wish we could have gotten our money back and I would have went and bought another bed. Seniors nightmare. The middle of the bed you can not get on, because you roll off.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

About 6 years ago, I purchased Sleepy's exclusive brand that worked with a machine they tested my body on. This mattress cost me almost $6K. They don't seem to even carry this and I only know the brand started with an R. I bought it for its lifetime warranty. 6 years later the bed has very deep ruts and no edge support. I literally roll off the edges. I cannot even find the mattress company name to make a claim. I can't believe I bought this now for its lifetime warranty and I can't find anything about this mattress sold exclusively by Sleepy's. I wanted to buy a really good mattress because I am bedridden. Plus I now have no money to replace it and it was Harrington. Expensive for the piece of crap I am sleeping in only 6 years into a lifetime warranty.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Bought $1800 Serta Perfect Sleeper in 9/2016. Within 2 months the mattress was sagging and super uncomfortable. I tried to ignore it, but at 6 months I wanted to throw it out. Sleepy's was sold to Mattress Firm so when I called to talk about warranty options I was told they wouldn't help me, I had to contact Serta. The warranty options were to pay $45 for a do it yourself "test kit" or $70 for a person to come out and test the bed.

The do it yourself kit consists of a piece of cardboard and a string. This would test if the bed sunk enough to qualify for a warranty exchange. The in person inspection would basically do the same thing. You can see from posted experiences both options are a sure warranty rejection and a dead end, plus you are out more money. It's unbelievable you have to pay for a "warranty" inspection that is generally know to be rejected. That is such a scam. It has now been 1 year exactly and I have to buy a new bed. I would rather sleep on the floor than this garbage mattress. I would not do business with Mattress Firm or Sleepy's or any related company. Save yourself a serious waste of money and time and find a reputable dealer even if it costs a little more.

Original review: July 26, 2017

The first mattress I bought at Sleepy's years ago was exceptional so when I needed a new one I bought it there. I got the top of the line (over $2500.00) Simmons Beauty Rest Plush Legend. Now less than 4 years later it's like sleeping in a hammock. I lie on this bed for only a few hours and my back hurts. I wake up nearly crippled with back pain. I got the same scam warranty info. Pay an inspector to come look at the mattress but not allow the customer to really show them the problem.

My mattress looks ok to the eye. I travel a lot and only have slept in this bed at most 3/4 of the time I have had it and I weigh 130 pounds and yet when I get in the bed I sink far enough down that it's almost like being in a hammock. The customer service person told to get a broomstick and lay it on the bed and there has to be more than an inch depth. There's almost an inch, but why should that matter because when I lie down the depth is about 5-7 inches. I see all these other reviews about the saggy mattresses and I realized I just have to accept that it's a very expensive mistake to buy anything at Mattress Firm. Buyer beware!!

Original review: July 17, 2017

Four months ago my boyfriend and I attended the blowout sale where Mattress Firm was taking over Sleepy's. We received a $400 discount on a mattress that was originally $1049, a Sealy's Queen Deveraux cf. At no time did the sales associate verbalize to us that this would be a final sale, that if we had a problem that we would be stuck with no help. We basically remove the floor model for them for $699. The mattress is now complete dilapidated on my boyfriend's side and he can't sleep. Neither Sleepy's nor Sealy's who I waited an hour on hold for to speak with the representative, give me any other option other than to put a mattress topper.

We went to buy a mattress because of the radio advertisements posting such great deals and basically we got screwed. I much would've rather paid $400 the full price of a mattress that was Not the floor model if I had been aware it was a final sale with no customer service once it left the building. Extremely upset and shocked, that will be the last time I ever saw shop at Mattress Firm/Sleepy's as typically they were always the first place I want but it was time to buy a new mattress.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I purchased a king size mattress and over time it became very lumpy and piled in the middle. I called Sleepy's, and they sent out a mattress monitor, at their cost, to examine the mattress. Sure enough it was defective and I was given a credit toward new mattress. I went back and got another mattress, different brand, it was priced higher and I paid the difference. Now, in a much shorter period of time the same defect is occurring, mattress is full of lumps and bumps and hills and dents on sides.

Upon calling Mattress Firm, the new company that took over sleepy's I was advised the new policy is you pay for examination of mattress. So now I paid for original mattress, paid again for second mattress, and now I am expected to pay for examination, and now I will probably have to add more money again on THIRD mattress. This will end up being thousands and thousands of dollars. It is not right, and terrible customer service.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I purchased a Stearns and Foster Mattress in 2013. In Connecticut Mattress Firm bought all the Sleepy's stores and Mattress Firm is not handling warranties for items sold by Sleepy's and referred me to the manufacturer. I sent them all requested photos, invoice and they declined saying that from the pictures they can't see any defect. It should be my job to deal with the manufacturer at all. I am really disappointed about the quality of the mattress, I paid $1700 for junk. The mattress has several sags where my wife and I sleep, the center of this king size mattress has a hill, if I lay there, I roll back down to the sagged area. I wake up with pains and aches every morning. I hope Sleepy's reading this and they care about their good name.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I purchased a Serta mattress from Sleepy's 10 months ago. It is a memory foam mattress. Last month the entire top portion of the mattress started shifting across from the lower portion within the overall covering. I understand that sometimes a bad product gets through, could glue coming lose or something like that. Not a big deal.

The problem is that Sleepy's wants to charge me to verify that it's a problem and then charge me again for delivering a new mattress to me. This is obviously a defective mattress, not from wear and tear, so why would I be responsible for paying to have it replaced? I didn't pay for a defective mattress to be delivered the first time, I paid for a mattress that shouldn't fall apart in less than 12 months. Whatever Sleepy's and Serta's deal with warranties are, they are not my concern as a customer and they should not put the responsibility on me to pay for it. I simply want what I paid for, which is the same model mattress, just not defective, and I shouldn't have to pay extra for it.

Original review: April 8, 2017

I paid top dollar for this mattress in December 2015 so it's well over a year. This mattress sags and I can feel the movements when my spouse gets in. It felt much better in store. If I want to change positions I literally have to try and sit up to move. Now I'm stuck. I'll do more research next time. Any suggestions?

Dear Patricia,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Please allow for a specialist to review your account and reach out to further address your concerns.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I purchased a iSeries pillow top mattress from Sleepy's. I was very careful and particular about my purchase because mattresses are very expensive and I have corrective spine surgery. Unfortunately the mattress is dipping/caving in from the center of the bed and it is making my already existing back pain even more excruciating. What's worse is that my fiancee is 6 months pregnant and she is going through the same misery. I contacted the warranty and they said the defect in pillow tops must be 1 1/2 inch in visibility and their inspectors cannot touch or lay on the mattress due to sanitary concerns (understandably). Unfortunately, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE for you to see a 1 1/2 inch depression on a pillow top!

It is not fair that I have to pay 2K+ on a mattress that is suppose to support my surgery and instead it is making it worse. My physician has notice the difference in my posture and my above normal back pains and has concluded that the mattress is in fact negatively affecting my recovery and suggested to replace the mattress immediately! It's unfair that Sleepy's would take the proper steps to rectify this issue as it is physically harming my fiancee and myself. As a customer I am extremely dissatisfied at their distasteful dismissiveness towards my concerns and claim.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Me and my husband purchased a Laura Ashley mattress, 2 months after purchasing it started to sag. There is a gigantic dip. We put a claim in and was sent a "self inspection kit" which now sells for $24.99 JUST TO PUT A CLAIM IN. It's a string and a piece of cardboard. After I followed instructions and submitted my pictures, we had to wait close to a month for a response. I was SO anxious to get a new mattress during this brutal weight, my husband wakes up with severe back pain and I am pregnant. I had personal issues myself waking up. We finally got a response which said we were denied! I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!

My husband recently had to go to his doctor for his back. It was even said from his doctor it is due to the mattress. We have expressed and pleaded to get a replacement but Mattress Marshals does not care and said to submit another claim in 4 months! Having to pay money now for a self inspection kit for a defaulted bed. Beware of purchasing here! I wish I had gone somewhere else!

Dear Annette,

We are sorry to hear what you experiencing. We would like to address this matter. A specialist will be assigned to your account, who will contact you for further assistance.

Original review: March 20, 2017

We bought what we thought was a good mattress - when it arrived it wasn't like it the store (we figured those were broken in more). Now two years in and we can't get a good night's sleep. We were sent the testing kit and of course denied. We can't talk about comfort or feel (which is what the problems are if your mattress is bad). This is not a dip or a bump in the mattress. It is broken down. The memory foam doesn't remember. It is a horrible mess. How do I go about using the warranty they pushed so hard when you're buying but no one can figure out how to use? I'm certain that I can't be the only person who has had issues with the Phenom bed purchased in late 2014. Why can't anyone help me?

Dear Treena,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. We would like to address your concerns and will have a specialist assigned to your case who reach out to you for further assistance

Original review: March 16, 2017

We contacted Sleepy's about warranty because the mattress is sagging badly. The company you have to deal with for the beginning of the warranty is ok then it gets transferred to Sleepy's. When Sleepy's reviewed the claim they refuse to cover the mattress because of staining. I bought the $100 plus cover they said to buy to safeguard the mattress. What good is that when it doesn't do what they claim and now the mattress has a stain. I will never deal with Sleepy's ever again and I warn people about how they con you into buying covers for your mattress that even though they say "the cover will safeguard the mattress against staining" it doesn't and they will not stand behind the products they sell. My mattress is only a couple of years old. Nothing like flushing $1100 down the drain. I'm very unsatisfied with the way they handled my claim.

Original review: March 15, 2017

In 2014 we purchased our Mattress from Sleepy's. After just a few months, the mattress was caving in, my back was killing me! I called and they gave me such a hard time about it. First they sent this home test kit that I had to measure with a string and take pics. I refused to do that and demanded someone come to my home. Sure enough, the mattress was defective. They told me they would replace it with the same bed, and I told them no, because I don't want the same problem to happen again. I went from store to store trying to find a SIMPLE solution to a very annoying problem. My sons bed is from 1800mattress and we have had this since 2006 and it is still the best mattress in our house. I also was told I could not downgrade. I had to spend the same or MORE on my replacement mattress.

It has been less than one year AND: DEFECTIVE!! I am FURIOUS. All I have been trying to do since 2014 is get a good night's sleep in my bed, and my husband and I are both sleeping on the couch again. I dread calling Sleepy's because they will give me the same song and dance "It's too late" or "Pick another mattress equal to or greater than." I do not have time for this. I want my money back and I want a new mattress from ANYWHERE except Sleepy's. HELP.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I bought a mattress and financed it many months ago. Then on 11/18/16 I ordered 3 mattress protectors which totaled 317.83. I was given the full protector but the two queen size protectors were to be mailed. I waited week after week and when I called I was told by Jason in the Ossining, NY store that the protectors were back ordered over and over again. When I called on 1/30/17, I was told there was another delay. I told him I wanted a full refund which he told me totaled $223.33. He said the money would be refunded to the visa card that I had used. I waited for the refund with no avail.

I went into the store and spoke to another woman who told me once the refund was done the store couldn't help me. She gave me a phone number for Mattress Firm. I spoke with a woman today in warranties at that number and she advised me that a refund was submitted to Synchrony on 1/30/17. They own the financing on my mattress. It never went to the visa card. I called Synchrony today and they looked and a credit and they said it was never sent to them. At this point I am very upset and it is impossible to get anyone in customer service to help me. Very mad!!!

Dear Elizabeth,

We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. A specialist will be assigned to your case and contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

We purchased a few beds from Sleepy's (aka Mattress Firm). The first bed was not the same as it was in the store - so they allowed me to exchange it. The new bed was delivered just this past weekend on Feb 18th. Since sleeping in the bed my sister has woken up with bites all over her back neck and sides. She tried emailing and calling them but has yet to get someone to return her calls/emails (today is 2/23).

This is a disgrace and they should be calling her back in the same hour. If anyone has experience with this with this company (I see this is not the first complaint of this kind for them either) please let me know. She does not need this extra stress in her life right now and I expect Sleepy's/Mattress Firm will call her tomorrow and get that bed out of her home and take care of any needed exterminating so they don't spread to other areas of her home. Otherwise we are going to call the Dept of Health and government, Consumer Affairs and report them - along with a broad social media campaign of educating the public about our experience with this company. Shameful really...

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I bought mattress about a year ago and I am already having problems with the mattress due to sagging and improper frame support. I suggest to save the headache and never do business with this company, because of the unfair hospitality to the consumer and or customer. The day of purchase the salesman started off nice, very gentle and calm. After I got qualified for $3k credit he started to get more aggressive and continued to push a bed close to that amount and told me everything that I needed in a bed, from great back support to shoulder and hip support. After the purchase the salesman got more aggressive because he had already made the sale and provided little information about the warranty.

A week later the bed was delivered since I had no frame prior to the bed delivery so the guys offered a frame no cost no paperwork being signed. As the time goes and I start sleeping on the bed the sagging started to happen. My girlfriend and I realized that the sagging got worse. I finally called Sleepy's and paid for the inspector to come in inspect the bed. He even asked me and told me that the bed had improper support. 7 days later I got an email that stated my warranty was voided due to improper support of the frame. I called customer service and did little to no help. Told me my warranty was voided and there was nothing else I could do to get help.

The frame was provided to me from the delivery guys themselves and I have my mom who was also there to see that the frame was delivered by the sleepy's delivery team. Due to no paperwork being sign or no proof they did not provide help for me. Basically calling me a liar that I got provided with such frame. My advice to you is to avoid headaches, time and stress is not provide business by this company because they will scam you out of your warranty so they won't have to replace your deteriorating product.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I purchased a mattress & box spring from Sleepy's just over a year ago. Our new bed creaked all the time. After 8 months, it the box spring broke. Wood broke all the way through and ripped right through the outer coating. I e-mailed and they said I would have to have it inspected. $24.95 for the self inspection fee and $39.95 for the Vendor inspection fee. I paid over $1200 for the set and now they wanted $65 for an inspection to find out their product was crap? Absolutely ridiculous! I responded asking if those fees would be returned to me if the box spring was found to be defective. I never heard anything back. I had to purchase another box spring! I, obviously, went somewhere else and will NEVER go to a Sleepy's or whatever they're calling themselves these days again!!!

Dear Patty,

Please allow us to apologize for your experience and thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We take your concerns seriously and would like to help. A specialist will contact you to assist you

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I went to Sleepy's six months ago to purchased a mattress. The sales lady who helped us was very nice, she recommended a Laura Ashley mattress promising us that the mattress will remain semi-firm for years to come. Now six months later one side of the mattress sinks in when minimal weight is applied. We have already been through the grueling process of trying to receive our promised warranty as per the sales woman who stated "any issues with your mattress Sleepy's will rectify it", to which our problem was not solved.

Through this process we have been continually told that our mattress is only 5/8th's of an inch depressed, and the warranty doesn't cover it. What no one realizes is that once the slightest bit of weight is applied to the mattress it severely caves in, even the mattress inspector who tested our mattress stated that you cannot get an accurate indentation measurement due to the pillow top becoming lumpy over the problematic area. NO ONE is attempting to help us or see the fault in this mattress. Sleepy's supervisors keep regurgitating the same statement that "there is only 5/8th's of an inch depression, we cannot do anything until it becomes 1 1/2." My wife is pregnant. She hasn't been getting any sleep as well as myself with the large sinkhole in our mattress.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Me and my wife have got our mattress almost 2 years ago and already have 1 in. indentation marks in our mattress, and the springs are digging into our backs. Sleepy's will not give me a new mattress or credit towards another one until the indentation goes below 1 1/2 in and hurts us more. THIS IS HORRIBLE AND NOT GOOD BUSINESS.

Dear Christopher,

Sleepy's number one goal is customer satisfaction. Please advise the best time of day and telephone number you can be reached out. We look forward to working with you and resolving your complaint. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Purchased a nice mattress, box spring and frame or so I thought from Sleepy's. Within a week returned two mattresses because of SINKING. When we received the 3rd mattress, it seemed good. Six months later my husband was in the hospital for four months. When he returned home he complained he was sleeping in a big dip. After losing 45 lbs he really had a hard time moving around with such a sinkhole where he sleeps. Unfortunately I did not buy a warranty for this mattress but I will say I feel cheated with this purchase that's not even a year old!

UPDATED ON 04/24/2017: Wrote a review in Feb. about a major dip in my mattress. The Co. was very quick about responding to my bad review. They sent me a kit to prove the dip, a lot of picture taking of mattress, boxspring, and frame. So now it's been 3 months and no response. Why does it take that long to look at pictures to decide whether you see a dip or not? So I won't be changing my review anytime soon and this still isn't RESOLVED!!!

Brenda,

We apologize if you have experienced any complications. We were able to locate your account. A Specialist will review your account and will reach out for further assistance.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

In February 2016 we purchased a bed for our son from Sleepy's. We do so after having a bad experience previously with Sleepy's when we purchased a bed for our other son (we had to have the bed replaced twice due to sagging). Unfortunately, the bed we purchased in February 2016 began to show the same poor quality as the previous one we purchased (sagging). We filed a warranty claim with Sleepy's and the mattress marshal came out and confirmed for us that the bed was sagging both in the middle and the sides. Over a month goes by and no word from Sleepy's about replacing the mattress. I called Sleepy's last week and after waiting for 30 minutes finally got to speak to a customer service rep.

After she looked up our claim she informed me that our warranty had been voided. I expressed shock and asked why. She informed me that the frame we were using had no center support bar and therefore the warranty is voided. I indicated that we got the frame from Sleepy's and if they gave us the wrong frame why would that void my warranty for their error. She then looked up my invoice and said they didn't give me the frame. I went on to explain that my son had a full size bed previously and we purchased the new queen size bed from Sleepy's so I had to have gotten the frame from them. I then asked to speak to a supervisor and she said he would have to call me back. That was last Thursday 1/5. Today is Monday 1/9 and I'm still waiting for a call.

Kevin,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Utilizing the information provided, we were able to locate your warranty claim. Your account will be assigned to a specialist who will reach out to further address your concerns.

Sleepy's expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sleepy's is a mattress retailer that has been in operation since 1957. It currently has more than 1,000 retail showrooms across the country.

• Variety: Sleepy's offers a huge range of mattress options, from memory foam to adjustable beds to pillow tops. You can visit the retail stores to test out the mattresses in person before deciding.

• Customer support: Sleepy's prides itself on its superior customer support in the showroom, during delivery and throughout the lifetime of your mattress.

• Financing options: Sleepy's allows customers to finance their mattresses so they don't have to pay all at once. It's easy to set up a monthly payment plan based on your needs.

• Accessories: In addition to mattresses, Sleepy's also sells accessories such as pillows and pillow tops for your mattress. They also sell adjustable bases for certain mattresses.

• Cost: In addition to providing affordable mattresses, Sleepy's also guarantees to beat its competitors' prices so you always get a great deal.

• Best for: Sleepy’s mattresses are best for parents, retirees and professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Sleepy's Company Information