Sleepy's is now owned and operated by Mattress Firm. Please click on this link to visit the Mattress Firm page for further assistance.
4.36/5
Based on 17,654 ratings submitted in the last year

Need a good mattress?

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

Accounts for Sleepy's are now managed by Mattress Firm.

Need a good mattress?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Sleepy's Reviews

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Bought a mattress some years ago, but is still under warranty. Mattress is so uncomfortable. My wife now sees a chiropractor. Mattress sinks in middle and sags on the sides. Sags so bad that a few months ago I fell off bed. I too was sold a piece of string for amazing low price of just $24.95. After over a month of putting in a claim I called up to see what is hold up. I was told I was denied a claim, but can have a 20 percent discount off next mattress I buy from them. When buying mattress, yes I was sold the bill of goods by salesman, “Any problems, no worries, you have warranty. We stand behind our product.” Seems like they hide behind product or when too many bad reviews they change their name.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

My husband talked me out of a Sealy. Wanted to try the mattresses from Sleepy's. I worked at Sealy and knew what and how they were made. My son bought a TempurPedic. So I said ok. We bought it in late 2015. We have turned this mattress 4 different ways. All you can see is the middle. It is just crap. We don't have money to throw away like this. We took two back as I told my husband some people take shortcuts in making mattresses every day. So we kept number 3 thinking we had no recourse. I dread every night getting in that bed. My back just kills me. I try piling on some blankets for help.

This is by far the worst purchase I have ever made. Our bed is now long ways for the 2nd round. I hope no one else has to go through this as we can not afford another one. Had two different salespeople one in training one the manager. I wish we could have gotten our money back and I would have went and bought another bed. Seniors nightmare. The middle of the bed you can not get on, because you roll off.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

About 6 years ago, I purchased Sleepy's exclusive brand that worked with a machine they tested my body on. This mattress cost me almost $6K. They don't seem to even carry this and I only know the brand started with an R. I bought it for its lifetime warranty. 6 years later the bed has very deep ruts and no edge support. I literally roll off the edges. I cannot even find the mattress company name to make a claim. I can't believe I bought this now for its lifetime warranty and I can't find anything about this mattress sold exclusively by Sleepy's. I wanted to buy a really good mattress because I am bedridden. Plus I now have no money to replace it and it was Harrington. Expensive for the piece of crap I am sleeping in only 6 years into a lifetime warranty.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Bought $1800 Serta Perfect Sleeper in 9/2016. Within 2 months the mattress was sagging and super uncomfortable. I tried to ignore it, but at 6 months I wanted to throw it out. Sleepy's was sold to Mattress Firm so when I called to talk about warranty options I was told they wouldn't help me, I had to contact Serta. The warranty options were to pay $45 for a do it yourself "test kit" or $70 for a person to come out and test the bed.

The do it yourself kit consists of a piece of cardboard and a string. This would test if the bed sunk enough to qualify for a warranty exchange. The in person inspection would basically do the same thing. You can see from posted experiences both options are a sure warranty rejection and a dead end, plus you are out more money. It's unbelievable you have to pay for a "warranty" inspection that is generally know to be rejected. That is such a scam. It has now been 1 year exactly and I have to buy a new bed. I would rather sleep on the floor than this garbage mattress. I would not do business with Mattress Firm or Sleepy's or any related company. Save yourself a serious waste of money and time and find a reputable dealer even if it costs a little more.

Original review: July 26, 2017

The first mattress I bought at Sleepy's years ago was exceptional so when I needed a new one I bought it there. I got the top of the line (over $2500.00) Simmons Beauty Rest Plush Legend. Now less than 4 years later it's like sleeping in a hammock. I lie on this bed for only a few hours and my back hurts. I wake up nearly crippled with back pain. I got the same scam warranty info. Pay an inspector to come look at the mattress but not allow the customer to really show them the problem.

My mattress looks ok to the eye. I travel a lot and only have slept in this bed at most 3/4 of the time I have had it and I weigh 130 pounds and yet when I get in the bed I sink far enough down that it's almost like being in a hammock. The customer service person told to get a broomstick and lay it on the bed and there has to be more than an inch depth. There's almost an inch, but why should that matter because when I lie down the depth is about 5-7 inches. I see all these other reviews about the saggy mattresses and I realized I just have to accept that it's a very expensive mistake to buy anything at Mattress Firm. Buyer beware!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sleepy's?

Original review: July 17, 2017

Four months ago my boyfriend and I attended the blowout sale where Mattress Firm was taking over Sleepy's. We received a $400 discount on a mattress that was originally $1049, a Sealy's Queen Deveraux cf. At no time did the sales associate verbalize to us that this would be a final sale, that if we had a problem that we would be stuck with no help. We basically remove the floor model for them for $699. The mattress is now complete dilapidated on my boyfriend's side and he can't sleep. Neither Sleepy's nor Sealy's who I waited an hour on hold for to speak with the representative, give me any other option other than to put a mattress topper.

We went to buy a mattress because of the radio advertisements posting such great deals and basically we got screwed. I much would've rather paid $400 the full price of a mattress that was Not the floor model if I had been aware it was a final sale with no customer service once it left the building. Extremely upset and shocked, that will be the last time I ever saw shop at Mattress Firm/Sleepy's as typically they were always the first place I want but it was time to buy a new mattress.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I purchased a king size mattress and over time it became very lumpy and piled in the middle. I called Sleepy's, and they sent out a mattress monitor, at their cost, to examine the mattress. Sure enough it was defective and I was given a credit toward new mattress. I went back and got another mattress, different brand, it was priced higher and I paid the difference. Now, in a much shorter period of time the same defect is occurring, mattress is full of lumps and bumps and hills and dents on sides.

Upon calling Mattress Firm, the new company that took over sleepy's I was advised the new policy is you pay for examination of mattress. So now I paid for original mattress, paid again for second mattress, and now I am expected to pay for examination, and now I will probably have to add more money again on THIRD mattress. This will end up being thousands and thousands of dollars. It is not right, and terrible customer service.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I purchased a Stearns and Foster Mattress in 2013. In Connecticut Mattress Firm bought all the Sleepy's stores and Mattress Firm is not handling warranties for items sold by Sleepy's and referred me to the manufacturer. I sent them all requested photos, invoice and they declined saying that from the pictures they can't see any defect. It should be my job to deal with the manufacturer at all. I am really disappointed about the quality of the mattress, I paid $1700 for junk. The mattress has several sags where my wife and I sleep, the center of this king size mattress has a hill, if I lay there, I roll back down to the sagged area. I wake up with pains and aches every morning. I hope Sleepy's reading this and they care about their good name.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I purchased a Serta mattress from Sleepy's 10 months ago. It is a memory foam mattress. Last month the entire top portion of the mattress started shifting across from the lower portion within the overall covering. I understand that sometimes a bad product gets through, could glue coming lose or something like that. Not a big deal.

The problem is that Sleepy's wants to charge me to verify that it's a problem and then charge me again for delivering a new mattress to me. This is obviously a defective mattress, not from wear and tear, so why would I be responsible for paying to have it replaced? I didn't pay for a defective mattress to be delivered the first time, I paid for a mattress that shouldn't fall apart in less than 12 months. Whatever Sleepy's and Serta's deal with warranties are, they are not my concern as a customer and they should not put the responsibility on me to pay for it. I simply want what I paid for, which is the same model mattress, just not defective, and I shouldn't have to pay extra for it.

Original review: April 8, 2017

I paid top dollar for this mattress in December 2015 so it's well over a year. This mattress sags and I can feel the movements when my spouse gets in. It felt much better in store. If I want to change positions I literally have to try and sit up to move. Now I'm stuck. I'll do more research next time. Any suggestions?

Sleepy's response

Dear Patricia,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Please allow for a specialist to review your account and reach out to further address your concerns.

Sleepy's Company Information