4.1/5 (201 ratings)

About Saatva Mattress

Saatva is a mattress company that offers eco-friendly mattresses designed for optimal back health. Its engineers compared top features from luxury retailers to combine them into a durable and comfortable mattress.

Pros

• 180-day trial
  • 15-year warranty
  • Eco-friendly materials

Cons

• Limited options
  • Can’t try in person

Bottom Line

With a long warranty and eco-friendly materials, Saatva is an affordable luxury mattress built to last. While Saatva mattresses can’t be tried out in person, the 180-day trial makes it easy to return if necessary.

Saatva Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saatva Mattress?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saatva Mattress?

Original review: June 22, 2022

I placed an order for a Saatva Classic Mattress Queen. After a month later, they kept telling me the mattress is already at the delivery company, but they are waiting for other products to be delivered around my area so they can deliver my mattress. That's not going to fly with me. I paid almost $1600 for a mattress and you're going to deliver it when it's convenient for you? Also, every time I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told they were not available...every time. I had a very bad feeling about this company, so I immediately cancelled the order and will look elsewhere. If you want to wait months to get your mattress, this is the company for you.

Resolution response: June 27, 2022

I published a one star review for Saatva because 1) the beds kept failing and 2) we were charged $99 to have the mattress, foundation and frame picked up after the third bed failed. I spoke to Rodger from Saatva on the phone and he was very nice and refunded the $99 and made it so we get the refund faster. He apologized for any problems I had and was just very helpful. I feel better about them now but have bought a different brand mattress.

Original review: June 17, 2022

I bought a HD mattress because it is supposed to support 500lbs. I weigh 200lbs less than that so I thought this bed would hold up - wrong. I had to have it replaced because of an indentation and at this point Saatva CS was wonderful, no problems at all getting it replaced. BUT 3 months later I had the same problem where my hips cause an indentation in the bed (side sleeper). This time the CS agent, who was again VERY helpful, replaced everything - mattress, foundation and frame. OK.

Fast forward 3 months and I have the same problem again, an indentation that is hurting my back. So now we call again and the agent had a very different attitude as soon as we told her we wanted our money back. It was like pulling teeth but finally she agreed to refund my money minus the mattress pad I bought and she said I had to pay $99 to have the bed picked up before they'd issue a refund. So I will have no bed for a while until I get the refund and order from somewhere else. I am completely dissatisfied with Saatva.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I bought this mattress based on the reviews. Nervous about buying online, but it was so simple. Mattress wasn't made until I ordered, and could check the process everyday. It's so soft, and comfortable.

Original review: March 8, 2022

SAATVA Mattress was soaked in chemicals that caused intoxication, headaches, high blood pressure, dry mouth, watery eyes and runny nose. I went to ER with a 210/76 BP. It also deflates and comes in a box.

Saatva Mattress response

We are deeply offended by the harmful mistruths this former customer posted as retaliation for us not buying her a new mattress elsewhere after she returned ours and was fully refunded for it. We are a hard-working American company that will not be coerced by such threats and will defend our hard-earned, pristine reputation vigilantly.

The Saatva Company

Original review: March 7, 2022

My wife and I decided to upgrade to new bed mattresses. We opted for two Classic Firm Twin XLs. Our entire ordering process was smooth. The delivery was reasonably fast for made-to-order beds. The phone representatives were friendly, and the delivery personnel were punctual. It was a good experience overall. We enjoyed the beds for the first couple weeks, but noticed they weren't as firm as we'd hoped. Then, after several weeks a noticeable indentation was forming where we typically slept on the mattresses.

As a side sleeper, I had a mild soreness in my hip some mornings, as I believe I was not getting proper support from the mattress where the indentation was. We called Saatva, and they said our only option would be a one-time exchange for different mattresses from them. As grateful as we are that we could exchange the mattress, it was disheartening to hear that we were stuck with the replacement, whether it was an improvement or not.

The exchange process was smooth. Our Luxury Firm mattresses were delivered with the same punctuality and professionalism as the previous order. While we are much happier with our new mattresses (no issues with hip pain so far), it's disappointing that we no longer have our warranty with these replacements when we feel the first set had manufacture defects.

Original review: March 3, 2022

We went to stores and tried other brands and couldn’t find one that felt much better than our old mattress. We hit the point of no return. I went to the internet and reviewed best mattresses of 2021. Saatva was on almost every review. So untested based on reviews we took a chance. I called and spoke to a salesman, he was so helpful. The return policy was very long, which gave me confidence to try it. I knew in one night this was best mattress I ever slept. The mattress is so well made I don’t feel my husband move during the night. I don’t wake up with back pain and I sleep through the night. It’s like I bought a custom made mattress.

Original review: March 1, 2022

I bought the firm mattress for my back after having surgery. I was able to rest better than I would have if I had purchased the type of mattress that I have in the past. I will recommend your company to anyone planning on replacing their old mattress in the near future.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

I was pretty wary about buying a mattress without trying it out. The first mattress I ordered was a pretty easy delivery. People were on time, with no problems. After a month of sleeping on the mattress (Saatva Classic Plush), I decided I just wasn't happy with the support of it. It was just too soft for me. I sort of expected exchanging it was going to be a huge pain, but boy was I wrong. I have had a harder time returning clothes to a store than I had returning the original mattress. The person on the phone was very helpful and understanding. I purchased a different mattress and had it within a week and a half. I love my Saatva Hybrid Mattress! Best sleep I have had in years.Thank you Saatva for standing behind your product and the great customer service.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

I searched all over and just could not find the right mattress fit for me. After months of searching and reading all kinds of reviews I came across Saatva and I am so happy I did. It’s like a new love affair with my new mattress. My sleep patterns have adjusted and I now sleep comfortably through the night. I ordered the firm for better back support and after sleeping on it for the first night I thought about exchanging for a softer but after talking with Saatva Customer care, they sent me a free mattress topper that made a huge difference. I also had an issue with my first delivery and they swap it out with no hassle within less than 30 days. This is my first major online purchase and overall from the time of ordering my mattress through the delivery phase my experience has been great. Awesome customer service from both the Saavta staff and the company who delivered and set up my mattress.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

I currently have a Saatva bed and really like it. I ordered a new bed on Jan. 28, and delivery was supposed to be within 9 - 21 days. Date of delivery was estimated to be 2/18. Still no communication from them. Today, the website shows that the bed was delivered 2/11. I'd really appreciate some communication as to the accurate status of my very expensive bed.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

My mattress delivery has been easy, quick and accurate. The mattress itself is extremely comfortable and well made. Enjoying great sleep and back support. Definitely a company to consider when purchasing a quality product.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I specifically picked Saavta because of their 180 day test period. My wife and I had so many problems with our Sealy Mattress that we purchased 3 years ago. Our backs were hurting so much. We decided to try out their Flagship mattress and was working fantastic. We started having problems ~ 50 days after. Our backs were hurting like the Sealy ones. We were wondering if the softer version would work. I called their customer service and was able to get our mattress swapped in less than 10 mins. I was so shocked. It was so easy to swap for the softer flagship one. We've been using the new mattress ~ 90 days and we love it. We are totally satisfied with our softer and exuberant about their customer service.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

At first it was good but now there’s a hill in the middle and sags on both sides. We’ve tried mattress pads, etc. Nothing works. We are 2 athletic, not overweight women. This should not happen with a good mattress.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

I read reviews on this mattress which looked great and I thought I was going for a cheaper but equal enough option to a Sleep Number… I was wrong. I am having more neck pain and back pain than I did before getting this mattress. Here are some specific issues and my actual honest review:

1. Very noisy. There is an air pump that adjusts the firmness of the mattress and it is very loud. It wakes my partner in the middle of the night if I need to adjust, which you do need to very frequently (see #3). You can hear it throughout the house also.

2. The air pump controls both sides of the bed so you can only use 1 remote at a time.

3. The firmness settings do not stay locked and fluctuate throughout the night. I will set it to my preference and a half an hour later it will be 5-20 points difference. This is very frustrating because even if you find a comfortable setting to fall asleep to, you will wake up uncomfortable multiple times throughout the night because the settings has changed on its own. Fluctuations depend on room temperature, body weight in bed, whether the other side of the bed is being used, etc or just no reason at all. You also cannot save your favorite settings.

4. The outside 6 inches of the mattress slope so it is hard to sleep with a partner in a comfortable position. You can’t sleep very close to the edge of the mattress or you will tilt off the bed.

5. Delivery delays. I was told my mattress would be delivered between 8-15 days. My estimated delivery date was 15 days after purchase. 2 days before the expected delivery date, I was told production was delayed another 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I never received an update and my estimated date of delivery was TBD for days. I called the company to figure out when my mattress would be delivered and I was told I would get a call that week to set up delivery. I never received such call. I had to call back again 3 times after being told a manager would reach out to me and they never did. After threatening to cancel my order, I received a call the next day to set up delivery and they gave me $100 off my order.

In total it took 44 days to get the mattress, well over my expected delivery window. I understand there are shortages and delays in production and deliveries because of Covid but a little transparency, honesty and realistic time frames would make a world of difference. I highly recommend you don’t waste your time with this mattress and splurge for a sleep number instead. This is not a true adjustable mattress and is just a ghetto version of an air mattress that you can inflate and deflate with a remote. I am returning my mattress and have already purchased a sleep number instead.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

We recently purchased a Saatva latex hybrid mattress after extensive research online. The experience was flawless from start to finish. The sales representative was attentive and knowledgeable. She made appropriate recommendations and answered all my questions before taking my order. The mattress arrived ahead of schedule. The delivery men were very professional and did a superb job. We are extremely pleased with our purchase and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this manufacturer to friends and family. Although it is not the most expensive mattress we have ever owned, it is definitely the best. We are sleeping longer and more comfortably. I have a severe back condition, and this bed helps align my back while I sleep, and reduces my pain level. The latex also helps to relieve pressure points. I am very pleased that it is chemical free and made from organic materials.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

We originally ordered the Classic “Luxury Firm”. Delivery from order just under 3 weeks. Within a few days my husband felt there was a defect, a bulge in side of mattress. I sent photos to a customer service representative and I was called right away. Kristen was very good, asked a few questions about our sleep history, and suggested we reorder the “Firm” which we did. Again, timely delivery. We are very satisfied with the replacement product and especially the excellent service.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I first purchased the firm. I found it way too firm. After three months I decided to return it and exchange for luxury firm. I’m very pleased and everyone was very pleasant and helpful in the process. I would highly recommend that you check out the showroom on 3rd Avenue In Manhattan.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I recently bought a luxury firm mattress and after trying it for about 5 months, I felt that I needed a mattress that was a bit firmer due to my back problems. I called customer service and the process of exchange could not have been easier. The exchange was made in a short period of time and everyone that I contacted during the exchange was polite and professional. I feel Saavta is an excellent company with which to do business.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I do like Saatva products and I don't have issues with them as I have purchased them before. The delivery was a nightmare. The order provides tracking details on how the product moves through the factory, not something I care about as I care about when the product is delivered. The track your order button is incorrect as it provides no tracking information. Staff was not very helpful and I could find more information from FedEx than them. The white glove service crew came by without their toolbox and had to borrow my tools which I happened to have. I don't know what they would have done if I didn't have the tool. Quite disappointing overall.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

We were fortunate to test out varieties of Saatva mattresses at their Manhattan showroom. It reinforced the decision on the luxury firm. The service was excellent. They removed my old mattress and installed the new one. They came in the time frame that was promised. No complaints.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I read the reviews for stomach sleeper and decided to try this mattress out after returning another high-quality mattress. I waited a month before I gave my review. I no longer wake up with hip or shoulder problems. My husband is a side sleeper and he loves this mattress also. Look forward to bedtime and sleep better and longer than I ever have. Side support, motion transfer and comfort are major improvements from last quality mattress we had. I highly recommend this mattress for stomach sleepers. You won’t be disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

Love the mattress. It's super comfortable and cozy! I got help at all stages; from educating me to choose the right mattress, offers, even price adjustment after I bought the mattress, etc. The customer support and care is top notch! On the whole it was a great experience! Would recommend it to anyone always. :)

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

The purchasing process was very easy and Saatva definitely has good customer service. My only concern is that the mattress is not as firm as I thought it would be, so I am hoping that I am happy with it over the long term, as it was not inexpensive. I plan to keep this mattress for about 10 years, so I hope it holds up. I bought based on positive reviews. Their delivery service was good.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

Saatva was very good about replacing two mattresses but I still had back pain with the third mattress. Unfortunately they were no help anymore and just said they would come and pick it up. I can’t say that I blame them but wish they could have been more helpful with a solution. They should stipulate they will replace a maximum of two mattresses and not just blanket state they will replace the mattress, no questions asked, if it doesn’t work for you.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Purchased a new king size Plush mattress in late November. Mattress was delivered in a few weeks as promised and the delivery team was very courteous and professional. We have had the mattress for a few months now and it is truly the best mattress we have ever owned. My last mattress was an expensive name brand and lasted about ten years. I have a bad lower back and some arthritis in my shoulders but this mattress helps with both issues as I am a side sleeper to start and then end up on my back. I wake up with a lot less discomfort than my previous mattress. Hopefully it holds up in the long term but for now very pleased with this purchase.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

After reading the positive reviews and seeing what I thought was a no risk guarantee, I splurged. Delivery was delayed a bit because of covid, but my mattress finally arrived. It was delivered into my bedroom and my old mattress was carried off, yay! I was anticipating a very comfortable night's sleep. I'd been suffering with hip pain and spent most of the night tossing and turning, trying to get comfortable on my old Ikea mattress. I figured I'd only paid $600 for it, so I thought I'd got what I paid for. Now the Saatva. Thoughts of peaceful dreams, no hip pain. Just a good night's sleep.

I had ordered the middle firmness, mama bear mattress. Not too firm, not too soft. Reviews said it was the best one. At first I thought, well it's a bit firm, but I'll get used to it. It seemed well made. But the more I slept on it the more uncomfortable I got. My hip pain was still there. Again I was tossing and turning. I happened to have a foam mattress top to put on top. That helped, but it still leaves me with a sore back and hip. After all the money I paid, I was expecting a cloud-like experience. Saatva said the mattress is guaranteed against defective manufacturing and the mattress would be replaced and I could keep the old one. Why would I want to keep one I'm not happy with? All in all, it hasn't been the 'best sleep experience ever' for me. I've spent a whole Lotta money on something I can't replace and my hips still hurt.

Saatva Mattress response

We are very sorry to read the thoughts this consumer has shared.

I am happy to report that I have been able to speak to the consumer, and we have come to a resolution that meets their satisfaction. We are truly grateful for the opportunity to assist them.

We wish them many nights of restful sleep on their Saatva mattress.

All the best,

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

WOW this is the best bed we have ever slept on. We were skeptical about purchasing a mattress online that we did not get to try first; however, it turns out this was the BEST purchase we have ever made. This bed is so comfortable, we both had back issues and were waking up every day with our backs being sore and not one night since we have had this bed which has been about 60 days, have either of us woken up sore. I would highly recommend purchasing this mattress to anybody looking for a new comfortable night sleep. I read all the reviews on this purchase before we made it and they truly are accurate and I am so glad we made this purchase. Would definitely buy again.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

We spent $2000 for this mattress. The first few months we really liked the mattress. We selected the firm mattress. After about 6 months the mattress firmness decreased significantly. It is now as uncomfortable as a $500 mattress. I hope the company considers adding stronger spring quality/support to keep the firmness of the mattress intact longer than a few months. We are no longer in the return window and stuck with a mattress that is not comfortable.

Hi Loren,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback.

We are sorry to read the thoughts you have shared. We are grateful that you allowed us an opportunity to follow up on these concerns with you yesterday, on a phone call.

We look forward to continuing to assist you with any further concerns.

All the best,

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

The mattress is great but the delivery was very unsatisfactory. One of the reasons I chose Saatva was for the “white glove service”. Not even close…Had to fight with the smelly delivery person to remove my old mattress and box spring and receive NO HELP setting up the new bed.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

Very pleased with the mattress. Quality product. I have had great nights of sleeping. But what really stood out was the customer service experience. Lavie was my contact through the whole process. I was kept informed and it felt great to have the special attention.

Saatva Mattress Company Information