Find a Mattress Brands partner

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

3.7/5 (62 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Purple Mattress

Purple designs its mattresses for pressure relief with layers of support form, comfort foam and hyper-elastic polymer to accommodate all sleeping positions. Each mattress comes with a 100-night trial, and shipping and returns are free. The Purple Mattress starts at $649, the Purple Hybrid starts at $1,299 and the Purple Hybrid Premier starts at $1,899.

Pros

• Designed for pressure relief
  • 100-night in-home trial
  • Alternative to memory foam
  • Supporting products available

Cons

• Original mattress has less edge support
  • Mattresses are heavy

Bottom Line

Purple offers an alternative to memory foam mattresses with its smart grid technology. While the original model doesn't allow you to choose a firmness level, they're designed to be medium-firm, which should suit most sleepers.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Purple Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Mattress?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Mattress?

Original review: May 11, 2020

I bought the bed, frame and didn't check the white glove delivery. FedEx dropped my stuff off in the driveway. $3,000 I paid to drag the stuff in the house to have to pay somebody else to set it up. I found out I bought the bed for back sleepers not side sleepers. The bed for side sleepers is also the one for plus size people. The return process is a joke.

Original review: May 10, 2020

We've had the Purple 3 Hybrid mattress for about a month now. I have had shoulder and hip pain for many years. I was very skeptical, however after sleeping on the purple 3 hybrid I can honestly say that sleep great and when I wake up in the morning I feel very well rested.. The only thing I regret is not purchasing the purple 3 sooner!!

Original review: May 9, 2020

I am so so disappointed that I purchased Purple products at such at expensive price, believing that they were good quality products. I have had my bed for about a year and a half. Almost immediately everything started deteriorating. The bamboo sheets had holes in them within days. They replaced them but the new ones fell apart almost as quickly. The mattress started deteriorating in weeks. Unlike the deceptive pictures on the site the grid material does not go to the edge of the bed. Instead there is almost 4-5 inches of foam all the way around the bed on the outside. It takes up quite a bit of the bed and is much less comfortable especially if you sleep towards the edge of the bed. Within a few months there were large divots in the mattress on both sides between the Purple grid and the outside foam material. SUPER UNCOMFORTABLE!

The straw that broke the camel's back for me is their supposedly strong metal frame that's supposed to last 10 plus years has already bent and broken. I feel like I bought a lemon. I have contacted service several times and have heard nothing back after being asked to submit several complicated photos for my claim. Beyond frustrated.

Original review: May 9, 2020

The purple mattress was recommended to us by a friend. My husband and I had been trying to find a good quality mattress that was comfortable for both of us. We had tried pretty much every brand of mattress at several different stores, laying on all of them and couldn't find one that we both liked. We decided to try the Purple Mattress, knowing that we had a one hundred day "trial" and if we weren't happy with it the Company would pick it up and refund our money. We have loved our mattress since the first night we received it, we feel well rested and do not wake up with back aches. We highly recommend this mattress.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Most comfortable mattress ever! Both my husband and I love it. Also love feature of non-allergic material. We bought it from a mattress store and brought it home ourselves so can't rate shipping, etc.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I am satisfied with my mattress and have had a good night's rest since my purchase a year ago. It's a very comfortable mattress and although it is a bit expensive, the quality is worth it. I would recommend this to a friend.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Sleep use to be a luxury for me. I can now truly say that it definitely is sleeping on my Purple Mattress. We all work so hard and life can be so stressful, You are doing yourself a disservice by not purchasing this bed.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Good mattress, I feel relaxed and well rested in the morning. It was easy and fast to order, and the delivery was prompt. Since it comes in a box folded, it is possible to move the mattress from the entrance to the bedroom. The price is affordable as well.

Original review: May 4, 2020

Honestly I was not too impressed with the Purple. We ended up buying another one from Nectar cause the Purple was just too hard to sleep on and I found it very hot. I really wanted to love this mattress cause of the reviews just could not do it.

Original review: May 2, 2020

I've had this mattress for 14 months now. I have not needed to rotate it, but my caveats are that I'm mid 30s, 120 lbs, a side sleeper who sleeps on the edge of bed and not the middle, have no sleeping partner, and only get about 5 hours on top of the mattress over any 24 hour period. So, I haven't really used it as much as the average sleeper. But, like I said, it hasn't needed to be rotated. Firmness works for me. No odor retention. The delivery was super easy although the mattress was heavier than I'd thought it would be and the mattress cover also posed trouble as the mattress was flimsy enough that I could not stand it on its long edge.

Purple Mattress Company Information