Find a Mattress Brands partner

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

3.8/5 (51 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Purple Mattress

Purple designs its mattresses for pressure relief with layers of support form, comfort foam and hyper-elastic polymer to accommodate all sleeping positions. Each mattress comes with a 100-night trial, and shipping and returns are free. The Purple Mattress starts at $649, the Purple Hybrid starts at $1,299 and the Purple Hybrid Premier starts at $1,899.

Pros

• Designed for pressure relief
  • 100-night in-home trial
  • Alternative to memory foam
  • Supporting products available

Cons

• Original mattress has less edge support
  • Mattresses are heavy

Bottom Line

Purple offers an alternative to memory foam mattresses with its smart grid technology. While the original model doesn't allow you to choose a firmness level, they're designed to be medium-firm, which should suit most sleepers.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Purple Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Mattress?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Mattress?

Original review: July 24, 2020

Purple's comfort level is poor to very poor. A foam topper is needed to alleviate the aches and pains it causes and to make it bearable. It is so poor at heat dissipation that you'll be dripping with sweat by morning in spite of keeping the room at 72 degrees F. It may not break eggs falling on it but it WILL break your back. It is a regrettable purchase.

Original review: July 23, 2020

The 100 day test was really great. It gives you enough time to make sure it’s right for you. This has turned out to be the best mattress I have ever owned! They offer a military discount as well. The white glove delivery was fast and very efficient. They took away the old mattress and cleaned up beautifully. Very good experience.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Starting looking for the right mattress in Nov 2019. We tried 4 different ones. Layla, Beautyrest, Foster & Stearns and DreamCloud. Then we decided to give PURPLE a try after a friend referred it and long conversations with several different sales folks who actually answer the phone and respond to emails. We got the Hybrid 4, the one with the 4" crate due to the fact we are a little on the heavy side and did not want to sleep on the coils. It is perfect.

With memory foam you will sink in, and when you move it takes a few minutes to expand back to shape. NOT the case with PURPLE. That crate comes right back like it's trying to support your move. Also it cool! Like not hot kinda cool. It addresses all of the pressure points and my arms no longer fall asleep and my hips aren't slipping out. We are side, back and stomach sleepers. The price is steep and it's not a long trial or lifetime warranty however after one night we knew it was well worth it. I hope I can still say that in 10 years.

Original review: June 11, 2020

DO NOT BUY PURPLE MATTRESS. Although I thought it was great to sleep in we needed to return due to shoulder pain, they talk us into upgrading for the more expensive mattress and tell me the return is no problem, they handle all of it. I keep emailing and calling for instructions because the new one is on the way and the old one needs to be taken out. No one gets back to you. Now the new one is here, on the floor blocking my bathroom- they are too heavy to move on your own and the old one is here too, still on the bed.

NOW Purple tells me I have to arrange for the pick up and donation of the first mattress or they will charge me for both. If I knew this I wouldn't have upgraded- or I would have made arrangements days ago. It might be like this for weeks- and Purple is NOT helping- all of the sudden it's all my responsibility to do their job and what they advertise. DON'T BELIEVE THEIR FRIENDLY ATTITUDE. it's not what they advertise. They are liars and falsely advertise. They do Not make the return a simple process like they say even if you upgrade and buy another.

Original review: May 15, 2020

The mattress was easy to set up. Barely any movement felt by my partner. Very comfortable. We've had it for about 8 months and haven't had any problems. Even sleeping in the edge it has never collapsed. A completely better sleeping experience than our old spring mattress.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I love our Purple mattress! Definitely on the former side. Only recommend to people who like the feeling of memory foam. The only issue we saw is they offer a warranty but you somehow would have to shove it back into the air sealed bag which doesn’t really seem possible.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I sleep on my side, and on a regular mattress, I have to roll from side to side to relieve hip pain all night long. With the Purple bed, I sleep painless all night. It is the best mattress for me. I will never switch to another mattress company. I also have the Purple pillow. It's great.

Original review: May 12, 2020

The mattress took a little while for my body to adjust, but once it did it’s great. I also got a mattress cover. If you can get sheets free I would highly recommend because regular sheets don’t fit properly, they don’t flex enough. Jersey sheets are the stretchiest I could find that work.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I bought the bed, frame and didn't check the white glove delivery. FedEx dropped my stuff off in the driveway. $3,000 I paid to drag the stuff in the house to have to pay somebody else to set it up. I found out I bought the bed for back sleepers not side sleepers. The bed for side sleepers is also the one for plus size people. The return process is a joke.

Original review: May 10, 2020

We've had the Purple 3 Hybrid mattress for about a month now. I have had shoulder and hip pain for many years. I was very skeptical, however after sleeping on the purple 3 hybrid I can honestly say that sleep great and when I wake up in the morning I feel very well rested.. The only thing I regret is not purchasing the purple 3 sooner!!

Purple Mattress Company Information