2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.09/5

Purple designs its mattresses for pressure relief with layers of support form, comfort foam and hyper-elastic polymer to accommodate all sleeping positions. Each mattress comes with a 100-night trial, and shipping and returns are free. The Purple Mattress starts at $649, the Purple Hybrid starts at $1,299 and the Purple Hybrid Premier starts at $1,899.

Purple Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Mattress?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Mattress?

Original review: May 9, 2020

I am so so disappointed that I purchased Purple products at such at expensive price, believing that they were good quality products. I have had my bed for about a year and a half. Almost immediately everything started deteriorating. The bamboo sheets had holes in them within days. They replaced them but the new ones fell apart almost as quickly. The mattress started deteriorating in weeks. Unlike the deceptive pictures on the site the grid material does not go to the edge of the bed. Instead there is almost 4-5 inches of foam all the way around the bed on the outside. It takes up quite a bit of the bed and is much less comfortable especially if you sleep towards the edge of the bed. Within a few months there were large divots in the mattress on both sides between the Purple grid and the outside foam material. SUPER UNCOMFORTABLE!

The straw that broke the camel's back for me is their supposedly strong metal frame that's supposed to last 10 plus years has already bent and broken. I feel like I bought a lemon. I have contacted service several times and have heard nothing back after being asked to submit several complicated photos for my claim. Beyond frustrated.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Most comfortable mattress ever! Both my husband and I love it. Also love feature of non-allergic material. We bought it from a mattress store and brought it home ourselves so can't rate shipping, etc.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I am satisfied with my mattress and have had a good night's rest since my purchase a year ago. It's a very comfortable mattress and although it is a bit expensive, the quality is worth it. I would recommend this to a friend.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Sleep use to be a luxury for me. I can now truly say that it definitely is sleeping on my Purple Mattress. We all work so hard and life can be so stressful, You are doing yourself a disservice by not purchasing this bed.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Good mattress, I feel relaxed and well rested in the morning. It was easy and fast to order, and the delivery was prompt. Since it comes in a box folded, it is possible to move the mattress from the entrance to the bedroom. The price is affordable as well.

Original review: May 4, 2020

Honestly I was not too impressed with the Purple. We ended up buying another one from Nectar cause the Purple was just too hard to sleep on and I found it very hot. I really wanted to love this mattress cause of the reviews just could not do it.

Original review: May 2, 2020

I've had this mattress for 14 months now. I have not needed to rotate it, but my caveats are that I'm mid 30s, 120 lbs, a side sleeper who sleeps on the edge of bed and not the middle, have no sleeping partner, and only get about 5 hours on top of the mattress over any 24 hour period. So, I haven't really used it as much as the average sleeper. But, like I said, it hasn't needed to be rotated. Firmness works for me. No odor retention. The delivery was super easy although the mattress was heavier than I'd thought it would be and the mattress cover also posed trouble as the mattress was flimsy enough that I could not stand it on its long edge.

Original review: April 29, 2020

This mattress is very comfortable. It does not overheat like my prior memory foam mattress. Very satisfied. I would not recommend an electric massage frame with the mattress. It really does not massage, but vibrates and is of no worth.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I really like the original Purple Mattress. It's even better now after I injured my neck and back at work. The frame that they sell for the mattress is a HUGE lifesaver for storage... I can even fit under my bed! No problems and I have had it for years.

Original review: April 23, 2020

I love the mattress because it doesn’t sink in and is supportive without being too hard. The one thing I do not like is the bed cover is not washable. Otherwise, the bed frame it came with is simple and gets the job done.

Purple Mattress Company Information