3.1/5 (891 ratings)

About Pottery Barn

Pottery Barn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

My product was significantly delayed, and I was told I would be issued a partial refund by multiple supervisors. It is a month later, and I am still waiting for the money to be refunded. The company is not honoring their word, and I was told today "The company cannot be responsible for what someone told you." I will never purchase from this company again. They are liars and not being held accountable.

Resolution response: Dec. 1, 2022

After a few more phone calls, we were able to get a full refund of the chair as they still were not able to locate it. Overall I think this company needs to be more understanding that after 4 weeks of not being able to get an update on an order that is almost 2 months late, being asked to wait 5 days multiple times without any updates each time, and issues with responses from their delivery hub in New Jersey that it's not unreasonable to want a refund after that amount of time so we can look into other options. Eventually when they agreed to provide the refund everything was smooth.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Horrible experience with Pottery Barn Kids customer service. We placed an order for an in stock Chair for our nursery in September with an original delivery window of 10/11 - 10/16 and paid in full at the time of ordering. We were looking for options to have the chair before the baby arrives and were told this was a good option from the sales associate.

Fast forward to now, the delivery window of the chair keeps changing and the baby is almost due. The delivery has been lost and our tracking hasn't been updated since early October. Now to the frustrating part. We have called customer service FOUR TIMES in the last four weeks, each time we call they said they have to make a ticket with their delivery service to find out the status and that we need to give them 5 business days to investigate and they will call back.

Not once have we received a call back. The first two times we called back after 5 days and we come to find out the ticket was never created, so each time we have had to wait another 5 days. We just called back for the FOURTH TIME and they are saying they haven't gotten a response and need another 5 days. We have now been waiting for a month and have gotten zero updates and no responses.

At this point, we are getting close to the due date and need to explore other options as clearly we cannot get any updates on what is going on here so we kindly asked for a refund we have been nothing but patient here. We are now being told we cannot get a refund until they get an update on this ticket which will take 5 days. This is absolutely ridiculous because the last 3 times we have waited 5 days and nothing has happened. What confidence do we have that they will even have an update this time? What happens if they don't hear back? When we ask to escalate it we are told there are no options, and we just have to wait. Have spent hours with customer service at this point with no resolution.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

I have ordered two full bedroom sets and multiple book shelves from Pottery Barn. They have scheduled delivery but no showed. Today they are scheduled delivery but show the items as delivered although they have not been! I have called customer service over and over only to be told that my items went to a storage facility that was closed and were rerouted to another storage facility but not to worry they weren’t lost. This was several weeks ago and yet they still show in transit. I’ve been charged over 15K for furniture that has not been delivered. I’m considering consulting an attorney as this seems to be illegal and some kind of theft. There is absolutely zero customer service. I don’t know what else to do. I will absolutely never shop at Pottery Barn again.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

Ordered two custom-made armchairs with expected delivery date of OCT 27. As of NOV 27, I am told these armchairs are sitting in idle trailers at the North Georgia distribution center which suffers from staffing shortages. No one from Customer Service (which experiences call holding times of 45 minutes) can tell me when these chairs will finally be offloaded... The company has horrible delivery logistics.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

I ordered an item in October 2022, a $230 comforter. Each date I checked, the delivery date would be extended further and further out. I'm nearing the 3rd money since I placed the order with no update on the delivery. In fact, every time I check, it states that the label was printed and UPS is waiting for the order. I've contacted Pottery Barn so many times and haven't received a response or explanation. To make things worse, I've already been charged. This item seems lost, so why can't they do anything about this?? Stay away from this company, unless you are comfortable with the chance of your item never shipping and being charged for it.

Hi Eden,

We thank you very much for reaching out. Would you please email us at Support@potterybarn.com with your order details? We are here to help.

Sincerely,

Crystal M

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

I am so frustrated with this company. I ordered three bath mats from Pottery Barn. Two have been delivered. I received a notification that the third one was delivered, and it turned out to be a light fixture. I called customer service and they quickly sent out my missing item and emailed me a return label to take the light fixture to UPS. This was not a bother to me. However, as I went to print the shipping label it was never attached to the email. Instead, I am prompted to pay for this returned item which was sent to me by fault of Pottery Barn.

I called customer service again and the woman who answered sounded as if she was asleep. I could barely understand her. She sent the previous email to me two more times; no shipping label attached. Finally, she told me it would take 24-48 hours to receive a new shipping label. So, now I am running into taking it during my workweek, which is super inconvenient. After reading the reviews, it is clear this company does not put customers first.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

I ordered a $7K entertainment center from Pottery Barn the first of August 2022 with an original delivery date of 8/19-9/2. When the first expected date passed, I contacted customer service and spoke with multiple people, all giving me different stories ranging from the product was at the delivery center waiting to be scheduled, it was in transit, or the warehouse lost it. After repeated calls and conflicting information, I requested a supervisor, I was put into contact with Kristi ** who assured me she would handle the order personally and see to it we were taken care of, she said our delivery had shipped and would be delivered in 2-4 weeks. Once that didn't happen and I reached out to Kristi again she went dark and failed to respond, still won't.

It is now the end of November and my deliver dates have pushed out again to end of December. At this point Pottery Barn has given me 15 different versions of where my entertainment center is and never follow up when they say they will. Bottom line...DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!! They are dishonest, hang up you on the phone, and sit on your money and give empty promises. This is the first time I have ever contacted a customer service center of any company and the first time on consumer affairs to give you perspective how frustrating dealing with this company is. I will never buy from this company again!

Hello Dustin,
    Thank you for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order number and details? Please reference your Consumer Affairs inquiry. We are here to help.
    Warm regards,
    Dragon (Julie C.)

Social Media Team

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

Have been a Pottery Barn customer for over 40 years and was saddened when my local store closed. Recently ordered three pillow covers and a faux fur throw that I have yet to receive. Rep says no price adjustments are available for these products that are now on sale. Also dealing with an undertrained Customer Service Rep who is unavailable to get a supervisor to talk to me. Extremely dissatisfied with service from Pottery Barn even though other websites say Pottery Barn does offer price adjustments for on-line orders. No supervisor would talk to me.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

The story starts a year ago when we ordered two wingback recliner leather chairs. There was a 5-month delivery timeline so we were anticipating an April delivery. After one or two mild delays we received a call to schedule our delivery. We were given a 5-hour delivery window between 7AM-12PM. At 2PM the chairs still had not arrived so I had to reschedule delivery due to a work obligation. We were told that was no problem. They said we would receive a call in a few days to schedule again once the chairs arrived back at the warehouse. After two weeks we had heard nothing so we reached out. After several hours and multiple calls it was determined the chairs were lost in transit. So we had to start over from the beginning.

We were given a new delivery window 5 months later. 5 months turned into 6, which turned into 7. I reached out to express frustration and the customer service team apologized and said we could discuss compensation for the issues but only after the items were delivered. We finally had the chairs delivered last week and immediately called to discuss compensation. We were told that a $500 credit (<10% of the purchase price) had already been processed and that there was nothing we could do to change it. There was no ability to negotiate. After back and forth they agreed to credit an additional $375 via a recorded voicemail. They then tried to lower it to $350. And I just received an email that actually they've decided they can't do anything at all. Not only can they not deliver on their products within a reasonable time, they also cannot keep their word. What a disaster of a company.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

I have had multiple issues with Pottery Barn. There is no store in my area so I order online. The first time I placed an online order I was shipped the correct quilt but the wrong color shams so that order was returned. My second issue with them was with dining room chairs. The description of the chairs I was interested in did not contain the seat height so I chatted with a representative. The representative told me that someone would be in touch with me. That was four months ago.

The most recent issue is with a duvet cover and shams that my husband ordered for me. When the order was place, the timeframe for delivery was this week. Delivery has been pushed back twice. I posted a comment on Facebook and someone responded advising me I could send a personal message and their “elevated support team” would respond. Of course, there was no link provided, no email address provided, no instruction on how or where to send a message. Clearly a bogus response. The products are far too expensive for such horrible customer service.

Hi Tina,

Thank you very much for reaching out. Would you please email us your order details at support@potterybarn.com and reference this Consumer Affairs inquiry - AMS# 226395? Our elevated support team is here to help.

Kind regards,