3.6/5 (809 ratings)

About Pottery Barn

Pottery Barn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: June 21, 2022

I purchased 4 washable velvet twill pocket curtains 96” in length. Label says they can be washed. I washed them as per the label instructions in cold water and hung them dry. Each panel shrunk 3”. I called customer service and while they were very polite they were not able to allow an exchange/replacement because too much time had passed from when I purchased them. Very disappointed that after purchasing thousands of dollars on brackets and multiple curtain orders over the years that they would not stand behind their product. Buyer beware and do not trust their labels.

Hello Kim,

We thank you very much for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order details? We are here to help.

Yasmin

Original review: June 21, 2022

My husband and I purchased a dining room table to November 1, 2021. As of June 21, 2022 we still do not have the table. Dealing with Pottery Barn customer service has been the most horrendous customer service experience. The table was originally suppose to arrive January 1-14, it did not. It was finally scheduled to be delivered in March of '22 but was cancelled the day of delivery due to the top not passing some sort of quality inspection. We were then told that the table would arrive in June. We got an email the week of delivery date to schedule the "table base". My husband immediately called Pottery Barn who assured us the entire table would be delivered. The delivered arrived and only the base arrived.

Until this point my husband has been the one dealing with Pottery Barn customer service via email. Last Tuesday they did not even respond to the email when asked about the location of the top of the table. Yesterday, I called the customer service line to get clarification on the situation. I was on hold for 1 hour and 15 minutes. I was told a supervisor was looking into the situation and someone would call me back the same day. No one did.

I called back today, again, and waited to talk to a supervisor. I talked to a supervisor who stated she was on the phone with the delivery service and asked if she could call me after she talked with them. I confirmed that this call would be in the next couple hours and she confirmed stating it would be, "right after she talked to them." No one has called. ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIC CUSTOMER SERVICE. I can not emphasize enough how displeased we are. I have read recent reviews that are very similar to this (down to only delivering one piece of the furniture). Seriously, I would think very hard before I ordered anything from Pottery Barn. You may or may not get it in the next year and good luck getting a hold of anyone who cares in the meantime.

Hello Erin,

Yasmin

Pottery Barn

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2022

I am so frustrated with Pottery Barn and their entire customer service team. I ordered 2 custom made leather sofas back in February. Delivery day came and I only received 1 sofa. I have spent the past 2 weeks speaking with a variety of customer service and delivery scheduling reps for resolution to no avail. The delivery center here in Denver apparently won't even reply to the reps. Now, they want to replace the one sofa, however, what happens when the dye lots don't match. They don't want to refund my money either. Even though I have requested every single time I have called, which has been almost everyday, no Supervisor/Leadership will speak to me directly. They just send chat messages back the customer service rep who has no authority to do anything. This is UNACCEPTABLE by Pottery Barn!

Unfortunately, this isn't the first experience like this I have had in the past 5 months. A mirror, scheduled for delivery twice went missing and never found. A console table supposedly in stock in February never arrived nor any update as to delivery. A dining set arrived in multiple pieces over a 3 month period. I have been a Pottery Barn customer for over 30 years. NO MORE!!! I will never shop Pottery Barn, William-Sonoma, or any associated companies and I would urge you not to as well. Any attention to this comment by Corporate or the media would be beneficial in trying to put a stop to this deceptive company's policies.

Hello Rebecca,
    I am so sorry for the experience you have had. Please feel free to send your order details to support@potterybarn.com with reference to Case ID 209504. Our elevated support team is waiting to help you.

Dragon (Julie C.)

Original review: June 15, 2022

I received a Big Sur sofa and it has defective legs. I called customer service and after being on hold forever told them about the situation and they said they could send out a medic to fix it. We agreed on a date, I received a text message the day before saying they would be here at 1pm. I waited until 1:30pm and called (waited for 45 minutes), the lady spoke to the company and guaranteed me they would be there by 8pm, end of day for them. I waited until 7:30 and called (waited another 45 minutes). They told me it’s not their problem and transferred me to the people who were suppose to come l. After waiting on the phone again the next person told me they finished for the day at 5pm and I would have to call the next day. Worst service ever. Haven’t been able to get my sofa fixed

Hi Zainab,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Would you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order details and reference your Consumer Affairs inquiry? We are here to help.

Kimi T.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I purchased two York Deep Sofas at Pottery Barn. I went through the designer that worked at the store at the time. She came out to my home and recommended I get the Sunbrella Performance fabric because it would hold up the best. I decided to spend the extra money and was really excited to get these sofas. In the 3 years since I have had these sofas they have pilled and look very worn. It is just my husband and I in the home. Pottery Barn says pilling is normal and will not stand behind their product. I have never had a sofa that pilled. I am very disappointed in the quality and customer service.

Hello Cara,

I am sorry you are so disappointed! Our Return and Replacement policy is as follows. Normal returns and replacements are issued within 30 days. Manufacturer’s defects are refunded or replaced within 9 months of purchase. Unfortunately, this order is 3 years old, and the replacement time frame has run its course. As you are aware pilling is considered a natural characteristic. Please view link: https://bit.ly/3NRiBuQ

Warm regards, Tammi

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 14, 2022

I wish to complain about Pottery Barn failed delivery related to a sleeper sofa that I purchased on November 12, 2021 (order number **). The order was created by internal designer I worked with, Andrea ** (totally happy with her). I am complaining because we were expecting the item to be delivered on March 30th 2022. We were charged for this item on January 26, 2022. In preparation for the sleeper sofa’s delivery, we donated our old sleeper sofa a day before the delivery. On a day of delivery, March 30th, we were notified by delivery company that sleeper sofa was not being delivered as it was damaged in transit to the warehouse (way before our scheduled delivery date). The delivery company also stated that Pottery Barn knew of the issue in advance and should have notified us.

A replacement order was placed with a new estimated delivery date of June 17, 2021 (replacement order number ** ). On June 10 I emailed customer service to find out a status of the delivery and few days later was informed that the new ETA is August 2 – 20. Well, if I were to place an order on June 12th for that item my delivery date would have been the same. So, on June 14th I called customer service (which is very painful as no one picks up phones or knows anything anyways) and was told that an invoice was created for my replacement sofa on June 12 (two days after my email, 5 months after the payment date and 3 days before original estimated delivery date). Not surprisingly, I was not given any explanation for the delay, no refund was offered, no replacement sofa was offered. Supervisor was too busy to talk to me even though I was on a call for 52 minutes.

I believe that this situation and customer service response is unfair because we had a perfectly fine sleeper sofa up to a day before the failed delivery. At the time of placing an order I discussed this and was told that all items are checked way in advance of delivery to avoid these issues. Once I realized we had to buy a temporary sofa I asked for PB to compensate me for the new item which was declined, I then asked for a temporary refund (the sleeper was paid for on January 26, 2022) until the new sofa was ready to be shipped. That was declined as well. I fully understand shipping delays, but all it was required to avoid this situation was one phone call about the damaged sofa. On top of that, it looks like replacement was not ordered either and now I'm looking at least 5 months without a sofa in my house and my guests sleeping on the floor.

Hi Agnes,

Thank you so much for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order details and reference your Consumer Affairs inquiry? We are here to help.

Kimi T.

West Elm

Original review: June 3, 2022

I ordered a Livingston Desk and Glass Door Cabinet on April 18th. I did not select the white glove service to save a few dollars. If you don't select White Glove I found out they send you the order piece by piece with no tracking numbers so you don't know when the pieces will show up. I asked customer support to hold all of the remaining items until everything was received which they agreed to do. The desk top was delivered yesterday and it was missing one of the side pedestals. It is now June 3rd and I still do not have my desk. It makes you appreciate businesses like Amazon where you get your orders on time and you know when it's coming. I have to say I'm done with Pottery Barn unless they compensate me in some way for this awful experience.

Hello Richard,
    I am so sorry for the experience you have had. I did find you were working with one of my colleagues when you contacted us through Twitter. I have sent an email to the address on file for your order.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Still waiting for a table that was supposed to be delivered two months ago. Been scheduled for delivery twice only to have nothing delivered. Cannot get anyone to take ownership or supervisor to talk to. Terrible communication. Terrible service. Nobody can figure what’s going on.

Hello Carmie,
    I am so sorry for the experience you have had. Please feel free to send your order details to support@potterybarn.com with reference to Case ID 208332. Our elevated support team is waiting to help you.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Interesting that the order status coincides with being charged for the item(s). Per PB customer service, "the order billed once the pieces have left the warehouse or the vendor". I have ordered from other furniture companies around the same timeframe as this order, who charge a percentage up front and then the remaining amount once the item is delivered. I find this practice by PB to be questionable especially when PB is are not being held accountable for the delivery timeframe they put into the place. Basically I am to pay full price for item(s) with no definitive delivery date in place. Very frustrating PB and not a good look!

Hello Kellie,

Please send us an email to supportpb@wsgc.com along with your order number so we can look into the charges for you. Thank you.

Original review: May 21, 2022

In July 2021 I placed an order of around $40K worth of Pottery bath furniture. Within that I was charged around $2000 for shipping. The items they had on hand were shipped immediately so I received a bunch of portions of sets to sit in my garage. The rest was backordered. 6 months later I received notice that they thought the rest of the items were ready to ship and the cost to ship those would be $15K additional. They also needed me to send information on all the items they had already sent. I told them that was ridiculous. I took all the photos and then the process began of trying to find a cheaper shipping option. A few months later we found shipping that I would have to pay another $7000 for. I was then asked to go and take pictures of labels again and send them to confirm what I had. We went through everything 4 times.

After I paid the additional $7000 the furniture was on the way. In May 2021 I received the furniture and some of it was wrong items and some of my items were missing. At this point I am not without some of the furniture. I have a lot of half set stuff and now I am having to pay for storage to house it all until they can resolve it. Very, very disappointment for the amount I paid that I do not have my order a year later, the amount of extra shipping I had to pay, and the amount of work I have had to put into it along the way.

Hello Rob,

Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn.

We are truly sorry to hear this has been your experience so far with us, and we would like to help you get this resolved. Can you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order number?

Christi T.