1.21/5
  • 1 star
Based on 116 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 9, 2017

709 Pottery Barn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I wanted to comment because all the negative reviews scared me. My experience was opposite of what I read - very professional and prompt. Ordered "benchwright" table and hutch on 11/24 at seriously discounted price (Pottery Barn always has sales dont ever buy at full price). Received both on 12/06 in perfect condition. Not only was delivery fast, but the guys carried my furniture up a hill because the box truck couldnt make it (i live on a farm and had a tree fall over in the drive).

They put everything together and were done within 15min. The quality is great and I'm very happy with the process and product. I received a customer review in my email from William Sonoma (partners with Pottery Barn) asking about my experience in the same day. I think the negative reviews have helped PB/William Sonoma to work on their services. I highly recommend.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I have never had worse customer service experience than Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn Teen. Re the latter - Do not use them online unless you wish to have hours of frustration not getting what you ordered and being hung up on when after hours of waiting you finally get a customer service rep. Still waiting for my order that was promised for delivery by 12/5. It's now 12/7 and then someone has told me I won't even get a call for setup until 12/14 and then it'll be at least a week before the product comes.

They are terrible and have an antiquated system that can't pull up your order by phone number, even though their phone system can pull it up - how does that make sense? Totally disgusted, and after being disconnected they did not call me back. Additionally I got 2 lamps from Pottery Barn and had questions about the cardboard insert in the light socket which they told me to remove which was impossible, they promised someone from the warehouse would look at one and figure it out so they could answer my questions and get back to me, of course, they never did.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I have most of my house furnished with Pottery Barn. With that being said their customer service is HORRIBLE!! Do not waste your time even calling them. Everytime you call you get a different answer. Customer service reps work from HOME!! They are misinformed and lazy. Crate and Barrel, Restoration Hardware and H.D. Buttercup have superior products and MUCH, MUCH better customer service. This customer has moved on!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

They sent me a wrong design so I contact them if they can send me what I ordered and they sent me right one 2 times as same items so I had 1 wrong one plus 2 of them what I ordered. And they charge me 3 times even I sent them back those wrong items. They just scammer.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Ordered items on November 6th. Website showed estimated delivery on November 21. I continued to track my order online. No changes were ever published regarding a change in the delivery date... It is now December 7th and after multiple phone calls from me (although they stated, "We will call you back" it looks like we are all set, "Oh your order has been cancelled, we are still waiting on 1 part" blah blah blah.) looks like we will receive our goods on the 11th of December. Not 1 apology nor 1 offer of, "Can we do something to make you happy" was ever offered by their customer service team.

In the meantime since we have moved out of state my wife and I slept on the floor so our daughter had a bed... This level of customer service needs to be addressed... Part of the problem is most companies this size have converted to a call center in which the people answering the phones know nothing about the product one has purchased or the process of which a company follows to deliver those goods or services, they are simply there so you can talk to a live body instead of a recording. We purchased other things from other companies for our new home and every other transaction went as expected or better. This place is a joke!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Purchased an outdoor bar in March this year. Made other purchases, totaling over $3000.00. Opened their credit card. Made all payments on time. In mid November I made a $250.00 payment. My billing cycle ends on the 28th. I made another payment on December 1st for $375.00. On December 2nd my new statement came out with a late charge, claiming that I had two payments in November. I only owe $375.00 remaining. I went round and round with customer service. They claim they are right. I plan on paying off this bill in mid December. We will never do business with them or their affiliates ever. Very poor business practices...

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I would like to voice a formal complaint and urge others to also review Pottery Barn and their online shipping and hope for change! Every single time I have ordered anything from Pottery Barn it takes much longer than stated. When I call regarding the item(s) I generally get a lame and ridiculous excuse. Example, I paid the extra money to have a two day delivery and it showed up four days later. Truthfully and honestly, not one time have I received an order in a timely fashion.

Most recent purchase, I ordered on November 26, 2017 and the website indicated it would be a three day delivery. It is now December 4th and it is still not here. I have been on the phone now for over 25 minutes, briefly discussed the issue with a sales representative and now waiting for supervisor. I have never had Pottery Barn offer to make it right, give a discount or make amends. I keep asking myself why I shop there where it is so frustrating. It is deceitful, sneaky and dishonest advertising on the part of Pottery Barn.

Hello Heidi,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your experiences. I'm very sorry to hear your items never arrive in the time frames we've quoted you. I'd like to reach out to you to address this with you further. Please email your contact information to support@potterybarn.com and I'll be in touch.-Thank You-Sharla

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I ordered two custom stockings for Christmas, and never received a tracking email for my order. I called “Customer Service” and was told it's “processing”. Very vague... They couldn't tell me honestly what was going on with my order and kept saying “Um, uh, ya see…” I even went as far as register for this review site just to my frustration in words. Absolutely horrible experience.

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience, I'm very sorry to hear it wasn't a good one. I'm truly sorry to hear the associate you spoke with was unable to assist you with your order. I've reviewed the order and I see the stocking were delivered today. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me at support@potterybarn.com. I'd be happy to help. Thank You-Sharla- Pottery Barn Social Media Team

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Ordered a sectional over 16 weeks ago with an 8-10 week delivery date. Opened a credit card. Spent thousands of dollars. They lost it, they sent one part that is not what I ordered, they ignore me, they promise compensation but never come through, still no couch and they refuse to do anything to resolve this. I will never shop PB again and I would never advise anyone to purchase from them.

Hello Whitney,

I'm very sorry to hear your sofa hasn't arrived and you're having such a hard time getting assistance with your order. I'd be happy to assist you in any way I can. At your earliest convenience, please email your order details to support@potterybarm.com so I can help. -Thank You-Sharla

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I used to be the Pottery Barn’s biggest fan. I loved every single item they sold. I was thrilled when a store opened 5 minutes from my house. Until... I actually bought something there that I couldn’t put in my car and drive home. The day our new store opened I bought $3500 worth of furniture. A couch, chair and two tables, 3 months ago. Today I spent over two hours on the phone with their “customer service” trying to find the table I bought that was part of the order all of which I paid for in October and have yet to receive.

Today I heard three different versions of where my coffee table is. One person said it was cancelled. One said only the top would be delivered. The manager at the store said it was in New Jersey and would arrive some time. Meanwhile the same table I that I ordered and is missing is sitting in his store yet he won’t let me have it because that one is his. THE WORST customer service ever. Don’t buy furniture there. They will charge you for it months before it arrives, they will then lose it, lie about it, and then say have a nice day. They couldn’t care LESS about their customers and it shows.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Anywhere chair for kids - They are manipulating customers. When you go online item shows lowest amount. But when you place order on phone. They charge high amount. For 70.00 item they are charging 98.00! Their promotion code does not work at all!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

My husband and I ordered the Small Comfort Recliner Rocking Chair from Pottery Barn Baby on 11/25. We selected a custom fabric and when placing the order we were given a delivery estimate of 8-10 weeks. As I am due in early March, this was an acceptable timeframe to receive the chair and we went ahead and placed the order. After placing the order, we received an email saying that the chair would not be shipped until April! We were surprised and called customer service. The first time I waited on hold for an hour and then the rep I got was of no help and said I would have to call back in 24 hours before they could help me. I called back the next day and after waiting on hold for another hour, got a very nice customer service rep who did her best to help. However, I was told that they had no way of seeing what the delivery estimate was (ridiculous) and they would have to contact the vendor to find out what is going on.

That was fine with me and I was promised a response in 48 hours. We have now passed 48 hours. I called customer service again today and was told that they had not heard back from the vendor and that while they expect to hear back in 48 hours they really have no idea when they will get a response and it would likely be a very long time. That is absolutely ridiculous. They can give me no estimate of when the chair will be shipped or if I will receive it prior to the arrival of the baby. They can also not tell you if a different item would be available sooner. How can a company that sells furniture know so little about when their customers will receive their items?

They also said that if I wanted to cancel the order, they would have to send a message to the same vendor who had not responded to get approval. So I would have to wait weeks to find out if the order was even able to be cancelled. Oh and the chair is not returnable. So if I try to cancel and the vendor starts making it prior to replying to my cancellation request, we are stuck with it. So now I just have to sit and wait to hear if we will ever receive this chair and am unable to look for other options. So frustrating and disappointing! From reading the reviews here, this seems to be a very common issue and I will never order furniture from Pottery Barn again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I purchased the Keaton pendant light and had it professionally installed over my kitchen table. While my son was sitting at the table the large, glass light bulb cover came smashing down. On further inspection we noticed this glass is only being held by glue around a metal ring! This is a very dangerous light fixture and should be recalled. I have called them several times only to be told a supervisor will call me back and they never do!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

November 2016, I purchased a PB Comfort sectional couch with a slipcover made from one of their everyday performance materials. In less than one year the fabric started to pile and sections of the couch started to sink drastically. I contacted the company via customer service from their website, I was told to contact the store where I made the purchase. I contacted the store manager who requested I send him images. I sent the photos requested and the manager then passed me off to one of his designers who was suppose to come to my home and look at the defected couch. No one from Pottery Barn has been to look at the couch yet. I was completely forgotten about.

Poor customer service and follow up when you experience problems. This company is very good at passing you around to different departments to stall actually fixing issues. The couch was so poorly constructed that when one sits in certain sections of the couch you feel the frame. This couch feels like it is 10 years old.

The couch has little wear and tear. Both me and my husband travel for work and are hardly home so the couch is not used everyday and only two adults use the couch. So the defects are not from wear and tear.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I am still on hold (for 45 mins) waiting for a customer service rep to help me with something that arrived for a client broken. This is after calling and being disconnected. After reading so many other similar reviews, I am surprised Pottery Barn wouldn't try to improve their customer service. I order a lot of home decor/furniture for clients and myself and have for years. I will definitely hesitate before ordering again.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

We ordered a bathroom mirror in October. They took our money right away, but we still have never received the item (writing this 11/28). The information on the Web site says delivery of in stock items in 4-5 business days. We never got a tracking number for the shipment. We never got a notification if there was a problem with the item being in stock or anything else. We sent two messages to customer service through the web site, with no response. We have called customer service around 10 times. We either get disconnected, transferred around because no one can help us, or sit on hold forever. My husband is on hold with them right now and it has been 40 minutes so far.

At this point, since no one can tell us where our mirror is or when it will be delivered, we just want to cancel the order and get a refund. We think we have been patient enough. Hopefully, a human will take us off hold soon so we can move ahead and get our money back. The web site offers no place to leave reviews, and the information listed there is totally inaccurate as it relates to shipping. We have no idea if the product is any good since we never received it. Pottery Barn has lost us as customers.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Here is a letter I sent to corporate 3 years ago. I stopped shopping there over the utter BS and tried to order something this weekend and give it another try. Sadly, I see nothing has changed. Everything these patrons say below and more is 100% the truth. Expect low class people to answer the phone when placing an order, keep you on hold, say they can't hear you and hang up.

LAZY WORKERS WITH ZERO TRAINING FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON. AND YES, THIS IS THE BEST PB, PB KIDS, WEST ELM, WILLIAMS-SONOMA can do for loyal patrons. (to be clear I am talking about the 1-888 #, not the store. Those employees are a godsend compared to the 1-888 nonsense). I would like to fill you in on the saga I have dealt with this week with customer service over placing a PB Kids order. Please keep in mind I am nearly in my third trimester of pregnancy, working f/t with a 1 year old at home and have been exhausted to say the least over placing an order at your store.

The story begins on Labor Day weekend when I called to place an order for 4 Sabrina baskets (white) in large, 1 Sabrina XL basket (white), 4 large liners embroidered and 1 XL liner embroidered. I was told the order would arrive on Wed., Sept. 11. I got home at 9 p.m. from work to the package on my doorstep. I opened it and all the liners were plain, no embroidery like I paid for. Also, the XL basket I checked and was too big and needed to be returned and since the XL liner was plain, I wanted to return that as well. I called saleswoman #1 based in Oklahoma City and I believe her extension is **. She was very helpful, told me she would replace the XL basket with 2 large baskets to make it easier and take back the XL liner. But that still left me with a missing liner since now I am getting an extra basket.

Since I received the 15% Labor Day discount on the original order, she said she would charge me $18.02 and the next day issue the 15% to make it $13.50 or so. She was in the process of telling me what to do with the box and Fed-Ex for the return when we got disconnected. This is when things went from bad to worse.

I then spent the next 2 hours getting the run-around until after midnight. I talked to saleswoman #2 who put me on hold forever for a supervisor who then wasn't available. I then called back and got salesman #3 who seemed lazy, didn't want to help and made me wait for another supervisor. I then get call waiting and it's saleswoman #2 saying she figured out who saleswoman #1 is and call this extension: **. It went to voicemail. I call back, get saleswoman #4 who tells me saleswoman #1 left for the day, she then transfers me to a supervisor and I get voicemail for that woman.

I call back and get saleswoman #5 who tells me she is "clocking out for the evening" and sends me to a supervisor and you guessed it, voicemail again. I call back and finally get someone helpful with saleswoman #6 (now about 12:15 a.m.) who says she will credit me $12.50 for the liner due to my headache and will send a $40 gift card. (At this point my order should be free for all this hell, but I'll take it). Now, it's Friday, Sept. 13 and I see my credit card is charged for the $18.02. I call up to ask why it's not credited completely as saleswoman #6 promised and I am guessing saleswoman #1 never gave the 15% the next day as promised because we got disconnected. So back on the phone I go.

I get saleswoman #7 who sends me to baby registry. Why? It was the Labor Day sale, not on a registry. I am placed on hold for a 1/2 hour and hang up. I call saleswoman #8, who is apologetic, but says to hold for supervisor Donna. I do for another 1/2 hour and are you ready? She comes back on and says Donna took another call and is going on "lunch" soon. I am utterly disgusted. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone.

How could a company as large as this hire people to represent them like this? Is this the best you can do? And with the holidays around the corner, I will not be getting any Xmas gifts this year as I have done in the past because I no longer can trust the company. All the salespeople told me they have had issues with the warehouse and we have hired "new" people. Why weren't these "new" people properly trained? I have been complimented time and time again on my home saying it looks like a "Pottery Barn catalog." I have your drapes, furniture, chandeliers, decor, etc. And my loyalty as one of your best customers is hanging by a thread.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I ordered the Larkin Dresser, Branford Dresser, and Rocker from Pottery Barn and expected to pay $299 in flat rate shipping that is offered on their website. After placing the orders within 3 days of each other before any products shipped out I was charged $498 in shipping costs. It is absolutely ridiculous to pay $498 in shipping costs for (3) items that were ordered within the same time frame. I called Pottery Barn on 10/31 to request a credit of $199 back to ensure I only pay $299 in total for shipping. I spoke with a Representative that was extremely RUDE and would not agree to credit me back the amount. I spoke with the rep for over an hour and asked to talk with her manager multiple times which she would not agree to and continued to put me on hold.

Finally, at the end of the phone call she informed me that she would process the refund of $199. I waited 30 days for refund which was long after my items shipped and the refund NEVER came. I was forced to call back and re-explain the situation to another Customer Service Rep who was finally able to process the refund. During this phone call the Customer Service Rep said that the original phone call I made on 10/31 was never documented! I am extremely disappointed with the service I received and was treated very poorly. Based on the interaction I had on 10/31 I would NEVER recommend Pottery Barn to a family or friend.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Warning - do not order online from Pottery Barn during the Winter season. Even when the error is on their end - you, the customer, still are responsible for the shipping and delivery charges ($25 at least). As the service rep explained - during the busy winter season all orders are sent directly to UPS for processing and orders cannot be stopped. The customer is responsible for all shipping and delivery even for an order not wanted.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I ordered 6 canvass bins for my daughter's nursery. That said they were strong and made of steel. The items are dinky and all broken and bent when they arrived. It was not packaged securely, not enough cushioning and a whole side of the box was torn off. While it didn't say so in the description it needed to be assembled, which was 2 rinky dink metal pieces that need to be connected and then placed in the canvas which is not decorative inside, which is also not shown online.

The flimsy plastic piece that holds the bars together was broken and the sturdy steel was bent. 6 out of 6 had problems. I contacted the company via Facebook and they will only issue me a refund if I return the broken items. I said that is fine and asked to be sent a box to return them in as theirs was destroyed. They refuse. They also offered that I could return it to their store which is 50 miles from my home. They say there is no possible way to send me a box and will offer no compensation if I go buy one. I don't think it should be my responsibility as I am already inconvenienced enough.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I placed an order on October 11th for 3 items from the PBTeen's Harry Potter collection: a duvet, 2 shams, and a Golden Snitch clock. The items were meant to be a Christmas present. At the time of the order there was a backordered (Nov. 2nd for the duvet and shams, Nov. 8th for the clock). I thought "ok, plenty of time."

Immediately, pending charges from PBTeen started coming through on my card. They weren't charges that matched what I ordered. After a day or so, they would fall off my account. However, this was still irritating as I'd placed the order with my bank card, and so those pending funds kept getting deducted from my account. Also it just seemed a little worrisome. Was I being charged incorrectly? I was told I wouldn't be charged anything until the items shipped. I tried to call once, but after being on hold for over 45 minutes I gave up. The next day the charges had dropped. However, they kept reappearing and disappearing on my account.

November 2nd came and went, and the backorder date was pushed again. At this point, I filed an inquiry through email. After not hearing back in 24 hours, I called, and this time I waited over an hour to speak with someone, but I was determined. The customer service team, while very kind, seemed incredibly disorganized and ineffective. The first person I spoke with couldn't tell me why the backorder date had been pushed, but assured me that my items would arrive on this new date. I also asked about the charges, and the customer service person claimed that they couldn't "see" any charges going through on their end. This comment was EXTREMELY alarming to me, as there were funds being deducted on my account that claimed to be from PBTeen. Not to mention that I live on a budget and 2-3 $60+ pending charges on my account is extremely frustrating, especially when it keeps happening and ESPECIALLY when I have no idea why.

I called again the next day (I can't sit on hold for hours at a time to speak to different people) to inquire specifically about the charges. This time, the person I talked to said they COULD see the pending charges, but had no idea why I was being charged anything as my items hadn't shipped. Slightly better but still very alarming. All he suggested I do was dispute the charges through my bank. First of all, as they're pending charges that keep reappearing and disappearing, I can't file disputes for them until they clear. Secondly, if I went through that hassle and the order did ship, I would more than likely have issues with my card going through due to filing a dispute. The CS rep claimed there wouldn't be any problems with it, but he was wrong. I have worked with disputes before at a company and I know that this is true. For the time being, I decided to wait until the next backorder date came around.

Well, it did come around. Two of my items did ship, and the other item was pushed with an "indefinite" backorder date. I can't wait for an "indefinite" date, so I filed another inquiry through email. A CS rep contacted me and said the date was pushed to January 18th, which still wouldn't work for Christmas, but offered me a discount. But then, a SECOND person completely unrelated contacted me and told me the backorder date was November 29th. What?! The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing over there!

I begrudgingly accepted a November 29th date, but this morning (11/20) YET ANOTHER pending charge has come through my account. And this charge is a double charge of the shams that I purchased. There is something extremely shady about all of these charges coming through and dropping off on my account. I have never had this happen with any other company I have ordered from. This reeks of suspicious activity and possible fraud, especially as, when I am able to get ahold of a customer service representative, they have no idea why it's happening.

Needless to say I will never be ordering from PB again, and filing complaints here, with the BBB and anywhere else I can. This has been the worst online shopping experience I have ever had, and unfortunately it's not over yet as I've been forced to file yet another complaint with them and will now need to contact my bank about this double charge. DO NOT order from them if you don't potentially want your credit card information compromised!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

While I like in general a lot the look and quality of Pottery Barn products, and find that its ratio quality/price is quite fair, I'm experiencing a horrible delayed with 6 dining chairs I ordered. I ordered Liam chairs back in August, delivery was said to be in late October. Late October come and nothing was shipped; when I checked online for my order, it said "backorder, estimated delivery Feb. 2018!" I was ok with waiting 3 months, but almost 7 months sounds out of this world (I actually expected to have these by Thanksgiving!)

At the middle of November I received 4 of the chairs; I'm still missing 2. Also, I had asked for white glove service, so that the chairs were assembled and the packaging removed from the house, but those 4 chairs were left without any assembly. I have written emails to complain and ask what is happening with the other chairs and with the assembling, and got no response after 4 days.

Timing: I know that product manufactured in Asia may take up to 3 months to get here, between the production time and the transportation etc. I can be annoyed, but I would understand a delay of some weeks. What I can't understand is months of delay, and impossibility to talk to anyone there (if you call the wait time is so long I never managed to talk to anyone before kids or work makes me interrupt the call!). I'm quite surprised their customer service is being so bad, in general I expected more professionalism from the Sonoma group.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

We bought 5 pieces of furniture from Pottery Barn in Canada. Kitchen table and bench and bedroom set. All delivered on time, they took 2 hours setting it all up carefully and it was perfect - no issues at all.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

My husband and I purchased a Pearce 3 piece sectional in November of 2014. For starter, let me just say that I know that this wasn't yesterday - however, the wedge piece to my sectional is in terrible condition while the rest of the couch is still excellent. The core to the wedge cushion has become completely concave (whereas all the other seats are still perfectly firm) and the seam to the back left cushion cover is ripping badly (no other rips anywhere). It is clear that there is an obvious defect to this piece of the section. I first called in early September, a gentleman took my email address and phone number and said he'd look up the SKU numbers and get back to me. Spoiler alert: he never did.

On October 10th I tried again. This time I got a name: Tameika ** was helpful and apologetic, explained that the man who I spoke to first sent his inquiry to the wrong person. She promised me she'd personally take care of it and within 24 hours she called me back with the SKU numbers but no direction about how to resolve the quality defect issues, I was led to believe someone from DQT would contact me. No one did. On 10/24 I called again. This time I spoke to Diana **. She explained that I needed to send pictures. She emailed me - I sent her pictures of the defects. She never acknowledged receipt of the pictures, I have no idea if she forwarded the pictures, no one ever got back to me.

Today I called again. (4th phone call if you have lost count). A "Marie" was brave enough to tell me that no one was going to do anything to replace the defective products - it was simply too far out from the purchase date. No one before her would say that to me. I explained how frustrating it was that it took me four phone calls to hear someone blatantly say that Pottery Barn wouldn't stand up for its product. She forwarded my call to "Ty" at "leadership”. Ty repeated that nope, I was out of luck. She could offer a 25% discount if I wanted to purchase replacements for the two parts (I'll come back to this later). I repeated that now after hours of calls and emails it was so disheartening that Pottery Barn wanted me to pay to replace clearly defective parts. She was aggressive and loud and told me that policy is policy company wide.

I asked her to email me the cost of the replacement parts and to put the offer of discount in writing. Upon receiving her email I realized she had the wrong parts. I had now explained to FIVE different people which parts were defective (the seam on the back left cushion cover to the wedge and the core insert to the wedge seat itself). HOURS I have spent explaining which parts were wrong. Emails sent with pictures. And not a single one of the people who answered my calls put notes in my file about what was wrong???

I asked her why she couldn't just look at the pictures I had sent, she said it went to that other employee's email and she doesn't have access to that - I couldn't believe the pictures weren't added to my file. She turned around blamed me for telling her the wrong part - I was out of tears by this point. Why is this my job - and if it was I did it already - four times. She was the fifth, and final. I am heartbroken. I asked her what she could do for me given the fact I had been ignored over and over again by customer service - she offered me $20 merchandise certificate. For the hours of effort I have put into this I found that to be downright abysmal.

We saved long and hard to buy a Pottery Barn couch - I was so proud of it. We wanted to buy an armless chair to "grow" the sectional. But now I have to spend our money again on two defective pieces. It would cost PB next to nothing to just send me the replacements - and it will cost me a giant hole in my family's budget to replace what shouldn't need replacing after only 3 years. I can't imagine people go around replacing their couches every three years - when we purchased the couch the sales rep assured me PB stands by its products and their quality, and that it would last for many years.

And the thing is most of the couch is still in excellent quality - the wedge however has design/production/quality flaws and no one cares at all. No one cared to call me back (again, except for Tameika), no one answered my email or looked at the pictures. They just want more money or for me to live with what I got - a defective product. "Buyer beware," is all I can say. I'm truly disappointed and angry that I was treated over and over again with so little regard by their Customer Service department. I asked Ty connect me with her supervisor, and she said she would email "Brandy" about it and she would get back to me. I asked Ty to CC me on that email (given how they have had a TERRIBLE track record of "getting back to me" I was suspicious that I would hear from anyone ever again). She refused to do that.

I will wait and see if I hear from her supervisor. Most likely I will have to pay to have a tailor fix the seam and I will have to live with the deflated and atrocious looking wedge seat. I can't fathom paying them HUNDREDS of more dollars for replacement parts after the way I was treated. I didn't bother to threaten them with "never shopping there again" as well, I'm not some millionaire - they clearly don't care about me or my small budget. I'm from an average family and we just wanted a decent couch. Corporate greed and "policies" that ignore common sense win again. I just thought Pottery Barn would be different - I was mistaken. I will post an update if I hear anything back from Ty's supervisor.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I ordered a couch with a chaise. What I received was a couch and half an ottoman and a scratch on the left side on foot of couch. The delivery men were very nice but told me that was all they had to deliver to me. No chaise. I paid an abundant amount in full and this is what I received after 8 weeks plus! I called the store three times and never once would the sales gal that assisted me, come to the phone. I called the 800 or 888 number, on hold for 26 mins, then transferred and placed on hold for 30 mins and finally spoke to a human!

I was told to send pictures which I did immediately and then several days later I was told they never received them. I resent and they responded this time and stated I would hear from someone in four days. Never once did anyone say they were sorry this occurred! Terrible communication and lack of concern. I'm afraid to sit on the couch because I'm not sure if I'm keeping this one and they will change to chaise cushions or send me another couch. Holidays coming and I am extremely upset that my living room is in such disarray and I'm in limbo. I will never buy from them again. It would be nice if they cared about the customer and as I have read the other complaints, I realize I am not alone!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Pottery Barn is the most unorganized company ever! The wait times for online orders are exceedingly long. I ordered something as simply as wall art. These stars that I ordered came 6 months later! I also recently ordered an indoor faux plant. In the description it said that it was 70" tall, it wasn't nearly that tall. And since it was on sale they give me a merchandise credit. The representatives never once mentioned this in all the times I inquired about why I still had that charge on my credit card. It does mention it on the website, but then again the website also had used the wrong size for the plant.

I would expect that a company as large as Pottery Barn would make an exception. I find that this company is so fragmented that they are not equipped to offer a streamlined approach to customer service. One day you can talk to catalog, the other to credit card services, and the next to sales. And neither one communicates to the other. Each time you call you get a different representative and you have to explain your discrepancy. So much time wasted. I will no longer purchase from Pottery Barn.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I wish I would of read these reviews before ordering a large wall mirror that arrived shattered. Like everyone is saying, calling customer service is basically sitting for an hr waiting. Even though the operator was friendly, I couldn't get it across that my husband & I aren't capable of repackaging, carrying such a large heavy mirror to our car, then into the UPS store for someone that's not our fault. Well, if we want a replacement, we'll find a way. So now waiting for replacement and wouldn't doubt if next one will be the same problem because nowhere on the huge box said FRAGILE or contains glass. I do a lot of online orders, but this will be the last from PB.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Ordered replacement cushions 3 months ago, got one, wrong size… Been on the phone (wait time usually at least 45-60 minutes if they answer). I have been told 6 times they were going to research it and get back to me… No one did. So I have 1 replacement cushion twice the size of my cushions and if I call they will say the same thing… I even sent pictures. When I ordered they said 2 weeks. They tried several times to get leadership team but they all said they can’t reach them. How does this company stay in business?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Back in September a Stafford dining room table was delivered. When I began to install the legs to the top of the table I found out that two bolts were defective and could not be used. I contacted Pottery Barn and was told two new bolts would be sent. They never were so I called again and was told the same thing. Yesterday I received a letter stating that the item (bolts) were no longer available!!! I went on the website and still see that the tables are available for purchase. Called customer service who then escalated me to one of their leads but was told the wait time would be too long so try back later. I am holding right now for someone to discuss over the phone but after 30 minutes will probably hang up. My question is how can they still be selling the exact same table that I ordered but not able to send two bolts so I can completely install the legs??

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I purchased a bench and table I have been looking at for a while. It went on sale while I was out of town. I attempted to purchase online however when I went to “checkout” the price in cart was different. I called customer service and James from Nevada assured me that he would be able to secure the price by charging my card and the issuing a follow up credit within 3-5 working days from my card being billed. Also he said that he could defer the delivery to when I was back in town.

The bench was delivered while I was out of town and I still have not received any confirmation as to when I could get a call about the delivery of my table. To top this all off I have not received my credit!! And was charged full price for both ITEMS! I’ve called customer service every day since my bench was delivered and couldn’t get someone to talk to. In one instance I waited 30 minutes. I’ve also emailed and have not heard back even though the auto response says they aim to respond within 24 hours!

Pottery Barn Company Information