2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Pottery Barn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I like their furniture decor as related today in era. I believe that style evolves, but quality is timeless. The original designs, premium materials and artisan craftmanship that Pottery Barn produce can be loved for a lifetime.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I went to the store and the associates are very helpful and knowledgeable to help me out and suggest other options as well. Also, she suggested that the items were on sale so I paid less than what I expected. It was great. Also, the product fits to my living perfectly. I was very pleased by their level of service and the quality of the product.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Love Pottery Barn but their computer system is very outdated. That is the only bad side that I can think of. However, their staff is wonderful and helpful. The stores usually have all of the samples or at least a type of the sample that you would need. Sales are good and using their credit card helps you get bonus bucks!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I’m a newer homeowner and trying as a single older person to figure how to measure and decide what size to buy over a kitchen island was very difficult. Looking at Pottery Barn I saw they have a help service. I contacted them. A very nice gentleman had me measure how long and how wide the island is and was able to tell me a size range for my pendant lights. Very helpful.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

In March 2020 I ordered a large club chair and ottoman. It took months for the first one to arrive and it had dirty tape marks all over it. 2 more months, chair #2 arrives and the frame is damaged and nails are sticking out. 2 more months, chair #3 arrives with a hole in the side. At this point I requested chair and ottoman be picked up and they offered me a full refund on both. It has now been over 60 days since the chair was picked up and I have NOT received my refund, and I cannot get an explanation or a timeframe of when I will get my money back for furniture I no longer have...what a nightmare and a terrible representation of Pottery Barn's customer service.

Pottery Barn response

Hi Rhonda, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience in receiving a refund. Would you please email your order details and concern to support@potterybarn.com? We are here to help!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I purchased the custom Turner Square Arm leather Grand sofa from Pottery Barn on 9/4/2020 and the Reed Buffet on October4,2020. At the end of December 2020, I received a email my orders are ready for delivery. I contacted scheduling as directed and received email confirmations that both items would be delivered on 1/8/2021 to my home. I further received additional email confirmations and iPhone texts the morning of my delivery, which was scheduled for 5:30 pm on iPhone text. At 12 pm I received a call from the delivery driver stating he was about 1 hour from my house, but was missing on the truck my custom couch and buffet. One hour later the pottery barn warehouse supervisor called me and said my couch and buffet are missing and never got put on the truck , he “sighed” on the phone and said he would look into where both items were and get back to me.

He called back later Friday night 1/8/21 and left a voicemail saying he would resume his search on Tuesday because he was “off Monday”. I received an email from pottery barn on Sunday 1/10 issuing me a custom sofa replacement that will not be ready to ship until March 20-April, 2021! The buffet now set to reship on 2/4/21!! These items are paid in full. You can see the cost and add the total up on both items on the website with shipping and tax! I have tried the customer email, several pottery barn customer representatives and supervisors including their north ga distribution center without any assistance. This is how pottery barn values my patronage. I have been a very loyal customer over the years. If anyone is able to assist me with my current situation, any help is appreciated. At this time, I do not recommend supporting or purchasing any furniture or large ticket items from pottery barn, again based on my recent experience.

Pottery Barn response

Hi Michelle, thank you for this feedback. I sincerely apologize for the experience you have encountered. Would you please email us your order details and concern to support@potterybarn.com? We are here to help.

Pottery Barn

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

January 12, 2021, The ongoing, unending Pottery Barn saga.... 1. December 4- an order was placed online for a king duvet cover & two king shams- I received an anticipated arrival date. I kept watching tracking information and that date came and went, and the status never even showed as preparing to ship. Many unreturned requests for information finally resulted in receiving the duvet cover, with ONE king sham placed on backorder. I located one other king sham & ordered directly from a store in Dallas, paying shipping costs. The duvet cover ordered online arrived, and the single sham arrived from the Dallas location, so I had acquired an incomplete set, with the second sham set to arrive in MAY.

2. In trying to have a somewhat complete set, I decided to order 3 Euro shams and go with that until the second king sham arrived (if and when). Once again, silly me, I placed another online order. Here we go again. I received an arrival date of January 6-8, but the status kept showing as back-ordered. The date came and went, so of course, no Euro shams. And information from customer service is practically nonexistent. I am aware that supply has greatly decreased, but I located 3 EURO shams in Winter Park, Florida and ordered those directly. Again, at an increased price, plus payment for shipping.

3. The shams arrived by UPS on January 11. I was hopeful that I could make this work into a decent look. Imagine my surprise when all 3 shams are beautifully tied and labeled EURO, but in fact only 2 are EURO and 1 is KING - what I needed in the first place! I also now have a EURO pillow that I no longer need, and I’m still not sure how I’m going to make the look come together.

All this time, communication with customer service has been less than satisfactory. At this point I’m not prepared to spend any more money, especially with Pottery Barn. The problems don’t seem to be isolated to one area or department. It’s kind of a joke really that things continue to go wrong with this order. However, I do love the color and the fabric- lol.

Pottery Barn response

Hi Marylin, thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience of this experience. Should you have any additional questions or concerns regarding your order would you please email your order details to support@potterybarn.com? We are here to help.

Resolution response: Jan. 17, 2021

After sending Multiple emails to their Customer Service email, calling Customer Service Multiple times and sent emails to the higher ups, I was able to have my order Canceled and have gotten a Refund my purchase. Erica from Customer Service was able to verify with the Delivery Company that my bed was Never delivered. I did ask her, "Did they tell you why," and she told me no. That’s crazy because consumers like myself like PB’s product and it’s unfortunate that you WILL NEVER get it! I still recommend Not To Buy Anything from POTTERY BARN, It was my first and last time being one of their consumer! Good Luck to those who will continue to buy with them.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Purchased a bed 11/15. Was told it would be delivered 12/7-12/12 but would receive an email to actually schedule my actual delivery date. But that was changed changed to 12/17-12/21. After waiting 1 month I finally was able to pick an actual date for it delivered on 12/26. Since I purchased my bed with Affirm, I had paid 1mth of purchase. When 12/26 comes I find out my delivery was canceled without ANY calling me to find out all of the Material wasn’t on the truck!! That is very disheartening.

After sharing experiences on Social media and sending emails, someone scheduled ANOTHER delivery today 1/09/21 and what do you know, NO delivery!! I have spoken to many people in Customer Service and NOT 1 person is competent to handle my situation. I have a Point of Contact who assured me that I would be getting my bed today but that was a complete lie! I have sent 2 mails and left a voicemail for the person to call me because I no longer want the purchase and to be credited!!! I wish I could file a corporate complaint about POTTERY BARN, they are absolutely THE worse company to order anything from and I will keep writing bad reviews and comments on Social Media. Word of advice to ANYONE who wants to buy something from Pottery Barn, DON’T. Trust Me, Spend your hard earned money with a company who deserves your money and time because POTTERY BARN isn’t that company!!!

Pottery Barn response
      Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the
      frustrations this has caused. I completely understand your disappointment and that's definitely not what we
      want our customers to experience. All inquiries are reviewed and taken seriously as we are working hard to

ensure a positive shopping experience. Please send your order information to support@Potterybarn.com We would like to help.

Kind regards,
      Kiesha

Pottery Barn

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I ordered a Faux Fur robe from Pottery Barn as a Christmas gift for my wife in late November. It was pretty pricey for a robe at $121. When the robe arrived, we noticed the stitching was already coming apart on the robe in multiple areas and had already unraveled on the belt! I contacted Pottery Barn and initiated the return process and they stated they would send me a replacement robe once they received the robe I was returning. About a week later, I got confirmation that they had received the return. 12 days later (12/16) I got a boilerplate email stating that my order had been cancelled because they had sold out of the item. I was confused as the only active order I had was a replacement.

I contacted Pottery Barn and spoke to a customer service agent who apologized and was actually very helpful in searching for the robe and other colors/sizes of the same robe within stock. Unfortunately, she couldn't find the robe or similar color in stock. That was disappointing but, understandable as it was apparently a popular item and stuff happens. The robe in particular was unique in that it had a hood which, is surprising tough to find with faux fur. I only found one other vendor who was selling a faux fur robe with a hood and it wasn't to her liking. Luckily, I was able to find the exact robe from Pottery Barn from a seller on Ebay and it arrived the day before Xmas :). That's the good news of my story.

The Monday after Xmas I contacted Pottery Barn as I hadn't yet been refunded for my cancelled replacement. When I contacted them I was told by the customer service agent that refunds can take some time and he assured me that my refund would appear no later than 1/8/2021 and it would be refunded to my original payment method (CC via PayPal). Almost 30 days after the replacement for my defective product was cancelled. Let that sink in for a minute. I ordered a product which turned out to be defective, they were supposed to send me a replacement and they didn't. It's almost 30 days from the receipt of the returned item and I still haven't gotten my money refunded. Not to mention, no one has even offered any sort of gesture for my time and trouble or accountability for them failing at delivering their product as described. But, the story doesn't end there.

I contacted them again on 1/7/2021 just to see what the status of my refund was because I still hadn't received it. When I spoke to the customer service rep this time I was told that my refund was coming in the form of a gift card and that I should receive it by the 8th. This was completely contrary to what I was told in late December where, as I mentioned earlier, the customer service rep confirmed my original payment method and that the refund would be sent there. At no point in time did I elect to have my refund placed on a gift card. Their refund policy stated that the original source of payment would be the destination for any refunds unless paid by check (which I did not).

I was then told that, I could get my refund deposited back onto my original card but, I would have to have my claim transferred to the "gift card" department where I would have to go through a process of certifying that the gift card was not used and it was delivered or not delivered. This process would have its own timeline and procedures separate from the standard customer service refund process (I am still confused on how this works). The rep then told me that, because I had added a gift note to the order that it automatically activated the refund status to a gift card?

So, here we are today I purchased a robe from them as a Xmas and it was defective. They promised a replacement and didn't deliver. Two weeks after the cancellation notice, I still hadn't received a refund but, was told that it was coming and that it would be refunded to my original payment method like their policy states. Almost 30 days later I contacted them again and was told that I was getting a gift card in lieu of a refund to my original payment method which, I never elected for nor is this in line with their stated refund policy. Throughout all of this they have never even addressed or offered me compensation for my time and trouble or acknowledged their failure to deliver the product they offered, subsequent customer service mistakes, miscommunications and failure to adhere to their own refund policies.

Don't waste your money with Pottery Barn. In my experience, the gamble of getting a quality product as advertised and having to navigate their atrocious customer service department is not worth it. Check out ETSY or buy from someone local who will be accountable for their product, acknowledge any mistakes and make an earnest attempt to reconcile if something goes wrong. In my experience, the actions of Pottery Barn in handling this demonstrate that they don't respect their customers, their customer's experience or retaining and building new customers. As of writing this, I still haven't received my refund.

Kind regards,
      Kiesha

Pottery Barn

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I have been a loyal PB customer for decades now. I have recently purchased a few items online that have either: Been made poorly OR ON BACKORDER! In the years I have been buying from Pottery Barn, it seems the service has gone downhill significantly. Ordered an outdoor set (CHATHAM 6 piece). Informed order would take a few weeks, understandable. The furniture arrived last week and I was updated that the cushions for the set would arrive February 20, 2021.... Our old patio furniture is gone. Ordered white dining room chairs for kitchen table before Christmas and they are already chipping, been used 4 times. I will start shopping elsewhere. Be advised that this is the same company that represents Williams-Sonoma and West Elm are the same.

Pottery Barn response

Hello thank you for your feedback. Please rest assured your feedback is truly appreciated. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your order would you please email support@potterybarn.com with your order details? We are here to help.

Pottery Barn Company Information