2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.33/5
Based on 1,557 ratings submitted in the last year

Pottery Barn Reviews

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I have always enjoyed shopping with Pottery Barn! Many times I have used their ideas for decorating my own home! Each item I have purchased has always been a quality item. I enjoy watching for their sales as their styles are timeless! I would recommend this store to all my family and friends!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I love Pottery Barn's style, but it is not cheap. I got my flameless candles at Pottery Barn, but four different sizes cost more than $100. However, they are the most realistic ones on the market. I also was able to find a large French memory board (part of a wall system) that I couldn't find elsewhere.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Always a great experience, even if browsing for ideas of DIY in great home décor. I've shopped in several locations and the stores are always incredibly neat, comfortable, the merchandise is presented in easy-access so, seldom is it necessary to call for assistance. Merchandise is clean, which, to me, is extremely important. The sales people always appear to be happy about their work, and are knowledgeable about just about every item in the store.

When I've asked about particular items, if the sales person isn't familiar with it, they've always been quick to apologize for any wait I might have and they're quick to find somebody who can fill me in on details. And they don't just disappear, as is frequently the case in too many other establishments these days. One thing that I appreciate most is that, thus far, I've rarely heard "Oh, you can get than on-line." They'll try to find the item in another store and have even offered to have it shipped to the store I'm shopping in! THAT's an amazing luxury and one that I appreciate tremendously!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

My mother purchased the CUTEST kids chairs for my two tots on Pottery Barn Kids. They are these cute little chairs that are just perfect for kids ages 1-6 that have a custom color cover and their names embroidered into them. Both Dakota and Trenton love theirs. My mom always shops there so I guess they must be really great LOL. I have gone online and shopped at Pottery Barn and it's a good customer experience. Yes things are pricier there than what you would pay elsewhere but you're getting quality items that stand up here, people.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I chose these high quality, burnished leather dining chairs to pair with my new live edge table. I ordered online, was sent an arrival date, followed by a notice to schedule delivery. All went smoothly throughout the process, chairs arrived on time, were very well packaged and were set up by two very competent and courteous men. The chairs are beautiful, sturdy and comfortable. They are shown here in my dining room. The result is as good as I could have hoped for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: May 23, 2020

I ordered a Jake sectional in summer of 2019 - along with my friend who ordered the same exact sectional for her apartment. First of all besides the long wait time to receive the sectional, they delivered the wrong side sectional. I ordered left but they delivered right side chaise sectional and then customer service told me that it’s final sale.. I had no choice but to keep it. I had the sectional for 3 months before the couch part of the sectional cracked and started sagging every time we sat on it. This couch was 2 thousand dollars!!! And it broke within 3 months!

My friend's couch is holding up well so I examined her couch and she seems to have support legs Installed under her couch and I do not have support legs installed under my couch. I called customer service and tried to explain that my couch is broken within 3 months of use because of no support legs. They did order a replacement couch for me but no support legs. I got my replacement couch and requested that they send me the support legs that we can install ourselves. They responded by saying that at some point this couch was made in a different country and was made with support legs but now it isn’t. Strange because my friend and I ordered the sectional together at the same time!! They sent me separate support legs. Told me I had to install them myself but they sent the support legs without any installation parts. So I have support legs but no installation parts.

I tried to contact customer service and no answer. Now the replacement couch makes noise every time we sit on it and is very creaky. Sounds like it will break at any point again. Keep in mind the weight limit on this sectional is 500 lbs and we are not big people!!! Even when my 40lb daughter sits on it the sectional sounds like it’s going to break... I can’t believe I spent 2 thousand dollars for a couch that is breaking again... I am shocked at how terrible the quality is and how no one can answer why my friend and I have the same exact couch but she has support legs installed and I didn’t. This is the worst purchase I have ever made and fully regret doing business with Pottery Barn.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Awful experience. The one star rating is generous. I placed an order with PB back in February for the Benchwright hutch/buffet. Since then, it has been delivered in the incorrect color TWICE. It is bad enough that this happened once, but twice is just unacceptable. After the second wrong delivery, customer service said they reordered it again in the correct color. The woman I spoke with claimed she would flag the order in the system so they triple check the color when packaging it. She also stated that there is no quality control to ensure the correct color ships - they just hope for the best. Seriously?? They just hope for the best? Again, completely unacceptable.

Weeks go by and I call customer service to check the status. To my surprise, no one can find this new order placed in the system. AND they state this product is no longer in stock OR being made. Needless to say, I will never order another piece of furniture from Pottery Barn again nor will I ever recommend to others to buy.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I ordered my sons loft beds. I was told on the date of order that they would deliver May 11th. They were scheduled for May 20th. On May 20th two individuals driving a rented enterpirse truck pulled in the top of our lane. A neighbor's tree branch was low and may have scratched the top of the moving truck and they would not drive with one tire off of the driveway to avoid the limb so they refused to deliver.

A manager from Pottery Barn called and said they would redeliver in 7 days (you know after I've dismantled their room, beds gone, desks broken down, chaos!). I said I'd borrow a truck and bring the items to our home by myself. He agreed to not let the truck leave until we came to a resolution and placed me on hold while he saw what he could do. I was on hold 18 min. He came back and offered delivery 5/24. I said I'd rather just borrow a truck and bring them down now. The manager said "you're welcome to get a truck." The call ended.

I called the number I thought was the driver but it was his dispatcher in another state. He said the same pottery barn manager told his crew to leave 15 minutes earlier. I got an email showing a new appt for 5/24. I spent the next few hours on the phone with Pottery Barn. I insisted one rep stay on the line with me when he called the delivery hub. The rep Keely said 5/27 was the best they could do. I advised I already had an appt for 5/24 and I was hoping to speak with someone who could escalate my delivery. She hung up on me - not sure if she forgot the pottery barn agent was still on the phone as well...

Shortly afterwards I got a new appointment email for the 27th. I've left messages for the escalation number the corporate office lists (they are closed due to covid), and emailed customer service as well as the presidents of both Williams Sonoma and PB Teen. I've had no response. I've been lied to and hung up on twice. I've given Pottery Barn every chance to make this right but it would seem they are more interested in ignoring me.

Unfortunately I can't find a substitute product I like - short of a miracle I can't imagine I will ever shop at their brand of stores again if/when these finally deliver. I live 30 mins from the center of a midsized metro area. There is no excuse for this. I had to rebuild my son's desks (cyber school due to covid) and they are sleeping on the couches. I have never had such terrible service anywhere. So don't believe the hype about their nationwide delivery. They wait until orders pile up and send a few guys out of state to rent a truck and if they can't squeeze you in during the couple days they are in the area you get to wait until they come back to town. Customers should be given the option of UPS delivery if Pottery Barn can't contract with reliable local delivery companies. Pottery Barn's 'white glove' service is anything but.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: May 20, 2020

BEWARE. If you are planning on adding PB to your wedding registry, they have great products. Be careful though. If you return anything, they have a terrible process and an inept team. Just know that you, like me, may never receive the store credit. 6 months, 4 attempts to be get the store credit and I am still without. Williams Sonoma and West Elm were great, but for some reason, PB can't get it done. BEYOND FRUSTRATED.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: May 19, 2020

We bought these sheets last year and swap them out regularly with two other sets of sheets. These however already have holes in them. They won't refund or replace the product because they say it's normal wear and tear. Very disappointing.

Pottery Barn Company Information