1.07/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

1107 Pottery Barn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 20, 2019

I bought over $7,500 in furniture in December of 2018. In the process they gave me two reward certificates. One for $1050 and one for one $500. To use a reward certificate you must use the whole amount. No partials. So, I ordered lights for my home and to go over the $1,580 in rewards I order two pasta bowls to put me over the rewards amount. The Barn's policy is not to applied the rewards until the entire order ships! One or two items were backordered two months out. But, they shipped the other items and hit the Pottery Barn credit card for $971 and change but no rewards to offset this amount. I knew from my planned purchase of should only pay about $80.

My bill for May 2, was for $971....because the order has not been completed. If I don't pay it I get a late fee, I can pay like $49 minimum but then interest at over 29% annually. The Pottery Barn tactics are extremely predatory. I will not spend one more penny at the Pottery Barn...They could care less about the consumer. Finally, I found a good Customer Services employee who was able to get the first certificate applied to offset the $971, but this was after two hours on the phone with the credits card Barn and the 2 hours with the store customer service. Don't buy the PB....especially the reward process. I will not spend even one more penny at the Pottery Barn!

Original review: April 19, 2019

Between them and rider the delivery company that "trash" talks Pottery Barn I am not sure which company is worse. My husband and I were moving to AZ from CA and called Pottery Barn to order a bedroom set and told them we could only purchase if it could arrive during the week we would be in AZ to receive. The bed arrived in AZ the week before we came into town but the end tables didn't and the company would now make a partial shipment. We then offered to travel down and pick it up from the warehouse (because we didn't have a bed to sleep on...not young floor wasn't going to work) but were told we could do that either.

I called back Pottery Barn to see where the end table would arrive and they told me they were in the warehouse so I called back and Rider Delivery told me that Pottery Barn always says that when they are not there. Then I called back Pottery Barn and they put me through to furniture delivery again which sent me to Rider again. After three days of call I finally got a person named Jessica in Pottery Barn Furniture to assist but she got no further with Rider. She was off the next day and said that her supervisor would call back either the next day or she would follow back up with me on Friday when she returned.

Friday at 1:30 after not hearing from anyone I called back. First Pottery Barn customer service put me right through to Rider without listening to me. I then had to call back again and went through the entire waiting and explaining my story again. Now on hold again waiting for a Pottery Barn manager. I want to know who is going to reimbursement me the 800.00 for the hotel bill and someone to tell me when we are going to get the delivery of the 2300.00 of furniture Rider has somewhere in a warehouse?

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Oh my where do I start? Hours of water time with multiple calls trying to deal with a broken piece to be repaired on our AV console only now to find out the supposed medic scheduled for today never was. And even worse nobody contacted us to bother to advise they don’t even have a tech to come out!! At this point all we can do I feel is ask our bank to reverse charges until they resolve this with us. These people have no idea how to deal with people on any level. If I could leave negative five stars I would. Beware. Caveat emptor when buying from Pottery Barn.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I ordered a glider last week with an estimated delivery of Jun 28-Jul 12. I checked my order status again this morning and the estimated delivery is now August 5 - August 19th. When I called customer service, they couldn't give me any reason why the estimated delivery was pushed out a full month. When I asked if it's a possibility that the order could be pushed out even further, the unreassuring response I received was, "I sure hope not." Of course, the glider is special order and non-refundable (aka, they have my money and now don't care when it's delivered). You need to hold your manufacturers to higher standards so that you can give your customers accurate delivery estimates. A 4 month wait is ridiculous.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Never did I experience a registry like this! I ordered a gift online for a bride to be, only to find out if I wanted it I had to go to Manhattan to pick it up. They would not ship it to me or the bride! I cancelled the order & went directly to the Huntington store to buy a different gift. What I decided on was 2 things, but one If I wanted one of the items I would have to go to William Sonoma to get it? They are combined stores, but they won’t accommodate you and ship to the store, your home, ZIP! I didn’t want to go to another store a 1/2 hour away & wasn’t happy with the quality of the gift in Pottery Barn for the price. They then told me they could order the original gift as long as I purchase something in the store. That’s what I did, but was charged $11 to ship? So they couldn’t do that at first & now they could if I make an additional purchase plus shipping!!!!

They acted like I was unreasonable & I shouldn’t have let that go, but just wanted to get out of there! I’ve never had more trouble trying to order a gift off a registry? The bride is bringing them so much business & they give the consumer such a hard time. I would never recommend pottery barn for a registry. The prices are ridiculous for the quality. No wonder they had to combine with William Sonoma, I don’t think Pottery Barn will be around too much longer either. Brides, go elsewhere!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: April 17, 2019

I recently made a large purchase. Reading that it was free shipping and handling. That wasn’t the case. I called customer service for assistance and she advised me that there was nothing she could do for me. I then asked to return my order and again she said there was nothing that she could do since it was already shipped. I told her that I would be returning the items to Pottery Barn and in return she told me that I still would not get my shipping and handling charge back. Horrible.

Original review: April 16, 2019

As others have mentioned here, do not shop for furniture or large items here, as they gouge you with excessive shipping costs that you cannot reverse if you want to cancel the order, even well before the product gets shipped, and they do not offer price adjustment. I ordered a dining table and bench, two days later the price dropped $300 and they would not price adjust and told me I was out the $269 shipping fee if I canceled. I still am not even expected to get my table for another 3 weeks. Buyer beware. There are plenty of better places that have good customer service policies where you can buy furniture.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I ordered a cute daybed for my teenager from PBteen. I paid full retail - $1,467 including shipping and handling. I waited three weeks for delivery. They finally delivered the bed, but it was not the beautiful new item I was expecting. It was dirty and had a small tear in the upholstery and was missing the legs and all the mounting hardware. They had obviously sent me a floor model or a used bed that someone had returned. I refused the shipment and asked for a refund. Two months later, I'm still waiting for my refund. I have sent countless emails to them and tried to get through on the phone, which seems to be impossible. I've finally disputed the transaction through my credit card company. I will never order anything from this company again.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I placed an order 3/20. My delivery is not until July. Since then, there was 25% off sale, and also the nightstands have been on sale for $279 each. I obviously wanted to take advantage of this since I can cancel and reorder but did not want to break up my order as one item is custom upholstered. I called 4/2, and spoke to several people, but it seems your salespeople do not have any authority to do anything except cancel and place orders. I asked for a supervisor and someone said one would call back. I called again 4/3, same thing. I called yesterday, same thing. I called the CORP office. It went to voicemail, but no one has called back. So I’m still waiting for either the one of the supervisor to call back, someone from CORP office, and someone from FB social Media. This is a horrible customer service experience and I’m reading others are experiencing the same. 2 weeks no response.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I made an purchase online & used my PB rewards. However when I received my statement the credit had not been applied. I sent a message to customer service & they replied that I had to mail a written dispute to Comenity Bank who handles their statements. WTH! Now I have to pay the balance that I don’t even owe or my statement will be unpaid & affect my credit. They would not respond, just kept resending the same email with dispute information. I think I’m done with PB & I really like their products; but there are too many other options out there.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I order a dresser from Pottery Barn. I cancelled my order within a few days of order. The first time I called to cancel they told me they couldn’t cancel for two days. Please call back. So I did what they requested. I received my credit on credit card with a deduction of 260 dollars. So I called and asked why was this. I was told I had to pay for shipping and taxes. I stated but item never delivered. Was told had to pay for delivery to warehouse. I asked why this was not on my order form or informed when I purchased or cancelled. But No answer. I have bought from Pottery Barn many times. Was a loyal customer. No more. This hidden charge is purposely done. Please be aware of this practice. I have ordered furniture from other large dept stores and have never come across this.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I ordered a table online last night. It said 7-10 days delivery. Then I read the reviews of others who said they couldn’t cancel orders and waited 2-3 months for items they don’t have. I called to cancel because I received an email that now says it’s 2 months out for delivery. They said, "No you can’t cancel." I called my bank and they canceled it for me and got my money back. NEVER BUY FROM POTTERY BARN! Read all the reviews.

Original review: April 7, 2019

My last 2 orders have involved nothing but ever accumulating backorder notices. PB. WHY IS THIS?? I ordered a basket on 2/28 and it has been pushed back twice???? On 3/17 I ordered 2 Lilly Pulitzer chaise cushions. The “special collaboration” with Lilly commenced on 3/15. I ordered 2, TWO days following the collection’s introduction. I was initially informed delivery would be in late May. Not happy but willing to wait. As I continued to check online for any delivery changes I saw the date moved to June. Still lots of summer left so I decided to hang on. Next time I checked the date had reverted to May. I was thrilled and called to verify. Was assured that date was indeed reliable. Not so fast, checked today and the date is back to late August. Whaaaat goes on with PB inventory??? Called again and was told that delivery would be in August.

TIME OUT. THIS IS BEYOND ABSURD. Why can’t PB maintain reasonable inventory levels so customers are not compelled to wait and wait and wait? I feel that there is something akin to a bait and switch scam happening. PB initially provides customers with a reasonable delivery date but then engages in deceitful conduct by pushing the date beyond anything resembling a reasonable period of time. Nearly SIX months to wait for a chaise cushion is ridiculous. I canceled my order and returned the throw pillows I had ordered to go with the chaise cushion. PB, stop apologizing to the customers all posting similar unacceptable delivery issues and improve your inventory system. This is wrong and you are losing customers willing to pay for the “privilege “ of receiving your platitudes but no merchandise.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Ordered 2 chairs back in January, it's now April. I had a delivery date set for tomorrow morning and they called me 15 hours before and said "Sorry, the truck is full." We are going to need to reschedule for next month!!! Are you kidding me?? Worst customer service ever and they won't allow you to cancel or compensate you in any way. Never ordering from this company again!

Original review: April 5, 2019

I purchased a dresser and nightstand to be delivered and the price dropped one day later. The merchandise had not been delivered. It went down $120 which is significant yet they said if I cancelled the order I would lose my shipping costs. These policies are not customer friendly.

Original review: April 5, 2019

My wife and I went to Pottery Barn to buy a chandelier that was finally on sale for $939 CDN or $1052 with taxes (12%). They told us that we would have to pay a shipping fee of $275 plus taxes ($308.00) for a total of $1359. We were so surprised to hear that exorbitant shipping price for a 30 lbs box measuring approx.13" (H) X 22" (L) x 22" (D). Most stores these days offer free delivery of over $50. The clerk, realizing that we were to walk away and, after having waited for a little while to see if we would walk away, told us that if we were to order the item online it would be cheaper (rather than losing the sale I suppose).

However, the price online was $979, $40 more than at the store. That also surprised us as being strange because it is usually less online. But that way, the shipping fee was only $20 plus taxes. Total price: $1118. We were ok even though that was $66 more than we were expecting to pay in the first place. Of course, the store clerk offered to place the electronic order for us, making sure that we did spend the money right there. We had to leave our credit card information with them without having a receipt as they would process it later that day. That made me somewhat nervous a bit. But hey... it is Pottery Barn after all.

We received the chandelier 9 days later. We opened the box the next day. We could not figure out how to mount the crystals in their right places as the information sheet was totally lacking clarity. Ok... I went online to look at the picture of the chandelier on the website and found that the price was further marked down to $839. I phoned the online store and asked for a price match. They completely refused to match their own price??? "We don't match our own sale prices" I was told.

I asked if they would take back the item at the store for a full refund so I could rebuy the chandelier at this low price and they said yes. Fascinating! Wouldn't you say? repacking and returning a completely fine item that we can get the right price? We went to the store and returned an opened box with parts unwrapped. I told them that it will cost them certainly more than $140 to return and repackage that box before it could be resold again. I also mentioned customer acquisition cost as they were slowly losing us as customers.

I gave the chandelier to the clerk at the store and ask for the refund. Because I bought online the store refused to refund me directly. It could only be done online. Of course, it was not the full refund as promised. The online store deducted the $20 transportation plus the taxes ($22.40) from the refund. I rebought the light fixture at the new sale price of $839 plus taxes ($962) for an extra saving of $134 ($156-$22 transportation). That evening without notice, the item went off sale and the price was back to the regular price.

One other factor Pottery Barn won't tell you is the beginning and end dates of their sales. They play really dirty with their own customers, and especially with their store delivery prices. None to say Pottery Barn has so many complaints against them. Their customer ratings are 85% complaints. I guess they really don't care about their acquisition cost. I predict that they won't be in business for much longer than a year or so. Also, I checked the value of their financial stocks and it is drastically going down... and so are the stocks of their parent company, Williams-Sonoma. We will never go back to Pottery Barn. P.S. We had bought many large ticket items there before.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Most of the dishes chipped after several years with minimal use. I made a complaint but don’t think it even registered. Very poor quality dishes. Very disappointed with Pottery Barn. Recommend buying dishes elsewhere.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I will never buy from Pottery Barn again. They're fine when everything works out but fail miserably once there is a problem. I wish I had read these reviews before ordering online. In August of 2018, I ordered a rug that was supposed to be delivered in October. When it wasn't delivered, I contacted them (because I received no notice from them) and was told the date was pushed back to December. So I waited. When then again it wasn't delivered, I called and was told they would let me know... and on it goes.

I always had to ask them, either through email or phone calls, when my rug would be delivered, and I never received an answer. I really wanted a rug for Christmas so I cancelled my order from Pottery Barn and bought one (not from Pottery Barn, of course), that was delivered immediately. Then one day in March, without any notice, the Pottery Barn rug appeared on my porch. So I had to contact PB again - they told me they had trouble contacting the vendor to cancel my order. I spent $500 on the rug I bought in December. I didn't like it as much as the rug I ordered from Pottery Barn - it was more of a desperation purchase. So I kept the Pottery Barn rug. They told me I would get a discount. Unfortunately, Pottery Barn only offered me a 10% discount. 10%? They have 15-25% sales all the time. I should have waited for one of their sales.

I ended up with 2 rugs, one I only used temporarily. Pottery Barn's 10% discount amounted to just over $100, hardly denting the frustration and added time and costs for me. Net, I ended up paying $400 more for the rug and I didn't get it until 5 months after it was originally supposed to be delivered. I spoke to and emailed up to 15 different customer service representatives during the period from October to March, 2019.

If you must order from PB, wait until they have a sale - they have 15-25% off sales frequently. Then, if something goes wrong, as it did with me, you at least got a discount. They have terrible relationships with their vendors and their customer service is shockingly horrible. I expected Pottery Barn to behave professionally and proactively. What I got was incredibly poor customer service and ultimately, a product that ended up costing me much more. So... my days with PB are over.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I had a $20 loyalty reward certificate that was to expire 3/19/19. Our dog chewed one of euro shams and Indianapolis had them but were for in store pick up only and I am in Omaha. But I have an aunt in Indy would pick it up for me. Went to order it online for in store pickup. Sham was $17.99 on sale. Typed in my rewards certificate number and was being charged $19.25 out of pocket. Contacted Pottery Barn on the 16th as to why I am having to pay $19.25 using $20 in rewards towards a sham that is $17.99 for in store pickup. Never ever heard from them for an explanation. Their communication and customer service horrible. To date, there has never been any callback and needless to say, my $20 certificate has expired. I, myself am done with the company. I work for an online retailer and if I never returned a call to a customer, my supervisor would be saying “buh bye”.

Original review: March 21, 2019

If only I had read these reviews before ordering my couch. I ordered a Tallulah loveseat on November 10, 2018. I was told 8–12 weeks until it would be delivered—pretty wide window, but ok. The employees in the store said they usually arrive sooner than they say. Well, it’s March 20, 2019 and still no couch. Never EVER again Pottery Barn. I was not even notified by them via call or email that it would be delayed. When week 12 came around I called to find out what the deal was and it sounded as if they forgot my order entirely. They told me it would be at the warehouse ready for delivery on March 20th. So I called today and now they’re saying it won’t arrive until April 8th! What are they going to tell me on April 8th when I call asking where my couch is again?

This is absolutely unacceptable service. I can’t believe they have such a great reputation. I thought I was planning ahead by ordering my couch 2 months before moving into a new apartment. I have been sitting on a dining chair for 3 months now with no other seating. I was never offered a discount or free shipping for all the trouble they have caused me. I will never give Pottery Barn my business again. They don’t deserve customers when they treat them like they don’t exist.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Ordering furniture from Pottery Barn has been the most ridiculous and frustrating shipping experience I have ever dealt with. I ordered a table back in October (still do not have the table in case you were wondering and it’s almost 6 months later). I was told it would take 6-8 weeks to deliver - okay fine. Delivery on the table kept getting delayed. I received no email notifications from Pottery Barn that it was delayed unless I checked the order confirmation on their website - minor annoyance, but really? You're Pottery Barn and you don’t have a more sophisticated email notification system? I eventually have my table delivered 15 weeks after my original order date! I was told 6-8.

Upon delivery it’s damaged - there was a huge crack on the table top where the leaf hinge was screwed in. The delivery guy notified me and took it back. I get a rude call from the delivery company manager stating that my table has “natural imperfections” in the wood - so basically telling me that I was wrong for saying that it was damaged. I’m sorry but I’m not paying $1000 for a table that clearly has a crack in it that I can’t even use the leaf on - such poor customer service (I know this isn’t Pottery Barn directly but choose better companies to deliver your products).

I call PB customer service to reorder a new table. She tells me it will be delivered in 2-3 weeks. 2-3 weeks passes. I realize I can’t check the order status online with my original confirmation number anymore so I call customer service and was told it was delayed another 4-5 weeks! Really? Why? Why? Apparently all of their furniture is considered a custom order and comes from overseas and that’s why it takes so long. First of all there is nothing custom about the table that I ordered - why isn’t their stock in the US and why do you consistently give me inaccurate delivery dates?

Once again I wait for this second table and while I’m waiting I get a letter in the mail that says that my order is delayed - which I already knew because I called, but wtf? I have received zero email notifications on the status of my order and I get a letter in the mail? (Eye roll because Pottery Barn doesn’t know how to be efficient and use email). 5 weeks finally comes and I get a call to set up delivery for my second table. They confirm that it is a “rectangular” dining table. Wait what? Rectangular? I ordered a round table! They ordered me the wrong replacement table!!! I get on the phone with PB customer service AGAIN - they apologize for ordering the wrong table but it’s because the table that I want is no longer available so you just order me a different one and not tell me? That sounds like a good solution.

At this point I’m ready to just give up because they don’t have the table that I originally ordered anyways but they offer to send a similar one so I go on their website and see the exact table that I ordered still available to purchase online. I let her know this and so she looks into it and tells me “oh it looks like the product number changed on the table which is why I couldn’t reorder it” - okay, so she orders me this new table, gives me the confirmation number and tells me it’s in a warehouse close to where I live and can be delivered next week. Wow great!

Next week comes and I haven’t heard anything. I go to check my order status online with the confirmation number she gave me and it’s incorrect. I call PB customer service AGAIN to find out where my table is. Apparently the reorder wasn’t processed correctly and now I’m told it will be delivered in another 1-3 weeks. I’m sorry, but although every person at PB customer service that I’ve talked to is very nice, they are all very incompetent - nothing is ever done correctly after I get off the phone with them and isn’t resolved until weeks later when I call back to find out what is going on.

IF all goes well and the correct table is delivered on April 11 (the last estimated day - because that’s what I’ve come to expect now with Pottery Barn), I will have waited 25 weeks from when I originally ordered this table back on October 17. Not to mention all of the hassle and number of times I’ve been on the phone with PB customer service. All of this and I’ve only been offered to drop the shipping chargers. I should honestly get this table for free at this point because that is the only way Pottery Barn could ever make up for this disastrous customer service experience where I would ever want to buy anything from them ever again! The only advice I can give is - DON’T DO IT! Buy a similar table off of Wayfair or Overstock and you will get it in two weeks and probably pay less for it.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Ordered the Big Sur Couch at the Birmingham, AL store on Dec 31, 2018. The projected delivery date was first of February 2019. I get a ship date last week of the sofa portion (not the lounger portion - partial shipment) via UPS. UPS??? Since when do they use UPS to deliver a couch? So I called the store and asked them where was the sofa and that I only got slipcovers, no couch. I was informed by my sales person that the items should not have been sent separately from the sofa and they should have scheduled a delivery date with me. She was going to investigate and call me back.

Skip to today... March 18th. I was called by the sale person and the store manager and was told they made an error and my order was placed for SLIPCOVERS ONLY...WHAT!!! And they would only give me the current offer of 20% off when I reordered the couch that everyone on the earth would get and on top of that I would have to wait ANOTHER TWO MONTHS TO GET THE COUCH. Also, I called them back and asked since I already had the slipcovers why don't they just ship me the couch from that way I wouldn't have to wait another TWO MONTHS for the couch and covers to be remade. Their answer was, "Because you would pay more by doing it that way..." REALLY??? NO DUMMIES, you just bill me for the difference between the slipcovers and the total price of the couch. OH NO, THEY CAN'T DO THAT.

I don't know what has happened to PB but I will never buy anything from them again, they have no idea what customer service is or making a bad experience because of their mistakes a good one for the customer. They don't know how to bite the bullet when they screw up and will not make it right for the customer. SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY and go somewhere else...Restoration Hardware or Crate and Barrel. And since Williams-Sonoma is also a Pottery Barn affiliate, will never shop there anymore either. And in the interim I have to ship back the slipcovers I did receive and wait for them to refund $972 charged to my credit card which will take a couple of week. Smh.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I should have read these reviews before ordering from Pottery Barn - never again! Ordered a Logan Media Suite - called beforehand to make sure I received a 'bridge' to go with it. Assured that it was included. First time it was delivered, the tv console part was damaged - which wasn't their fault. Only received 5 pieces of the 6 ordered. Delivery assured me that the bridge would be delivered with the damaged piece. It was not. Been calling for the last TEN days and everyone I talk to (Josh, Lynicia, Melissa) assured me that it should have been sent. Talk to a Brian today and he said it wasn't included. Talking to a supervisor (which I've already tried and it takes 72 hours - and not even then do they call) and nothing. Will be contacting my State Attorney General's office on this. Do NOT buy furniture from Pottery Barn!

Original review: March 14, 2019

November 26 2018 I ordered multiple bedding and bathroom items. Gradually they trickled in in several separate shipments. I was expecting this as my order contained made to order, sale and full price items and upon ordering, each having it’s own estimated delivery date. These are the problems I’ve run into since ordering... My made to order shower curtain was expected to arrive around Feb 5th (roughly a little over two months from order date). February 5th came and went, weeks past and I decided to log in and check the order status and for weeks since it’s only said “in process” under delivery. I then noticed during my online inquiry that the king shams I had ordered to match a duvet cover (also on same order and delivered back in December) had been cancelled?! I hadn’t questioned the shams’ delivery yet as I wasn’t expecting them until some time this month of March.

I decided to call customer service and the women was very kind but could not give me answers as to why the shower curtain is delayed and why the shams were cancelled and both without notice. I wouldn’t want to keep a duvet cover I could not get matching pillow covers for. She put me on hold and came back to tell me the shams had been cancelled because they were out of stock but are now become available again... She then asked if I’d like to reorder them. I asked her if I would get them for the same sale price I originally ordered them for. She could not do this without putting me on hold again and asking for management approval.

You’d think this would be an automatic gesture in good customer service. She got back on the phone, still waiting for a response from management but promising me the price difference ($60) would be credited to my card AFTER ordering the shams at the current price (eyeroll). I reordered the shams and am crossing my fingers things go as promised.

As for the shower curtain, she couldn’t explain why the order is delayed and gave me a new estimated delivery date of June 4th! Over six months from my order date. She commented that, “It usually takes about six months”. Well, why in the heck aren’t they honest about the estimated delivery date when you order if this known? Why doesn’t Pottery Barn notify it’s customers when delivery dates are drastically changed or delayed for months?! Why doesn’t Pottery Barn reach out when items become suddenly become unavailable or offer alternatives before flat out canceling without warning? ESPECIALLY when such item is obviously meant to correspond with others in the order; for example my duvet and pillow shams.

I really hope my call today with Pottery Barn customer service resolves things, that I get my shams for the price I originally ordered them and they actually ship. I’m frustrated I’ll have to wait until June for the shower curtain. It’s a shower curtain people! Six+ months?! Did they have to grow the cotton first? Anyhow, after reading other complaints on this site and on the Pottery Barn Facebook page it has opened my eyes to the many issues Pottery Barn has. I’m sure others will discover this only after placing an order as I. I’m only glad my issues are minimal compared to many. The fact that Pottery Barn doesn’t have customer reviews on its web site is a clear indicator that they’re aware. Char.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I had a contractor lined up to do a full renovation of my bathroom. I placed my order for the vintage recessed medicine cabinet 2 weeks before the renovation started. At the time my order was placed the website gave NO indication that the item was back ordered. My credit card was charged and I assumed the items would ship in a few days. After not receiving a tracking number I looked online to discover that the item was back ordered with an expected delivery date about 3 weeks after my initial order.

Since then the delivery date has changed 3 more times and is now not expected to be delivered until well over a month after my initial order was placed. I have called and spoken with customer service agents and no one can agree upon when my item will come in or tell me where I am on the list of backorders. My contractors cut the hole in my wall for the medicine cabinet I ordered and now I'm worried it will never come. I am very dissatisfied with Pottery Barn and will not order from them in the future. I always viewed them as a highly reputable company but now they seem more like a scam.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Do not order furniture from Pottery Barn!!! We ordered a rug, a sectional couch and a recliner- $4,000 +/-. Four months later they tell us both recliner and rug are no longer available. Why not tell us at order? So we order another recliner. Believe it or not, 3 months later they tell me AGAIN that vendor no longer makes the recliner. To make matters even worse, we kept getting email notifications that the products were ready for delivery, when they were never going to come.

Still worse, the products are still published on the PB website as being available. Someone will order it (like us) only to find out in 4 months that it isn’t coming. We spoke to PB reps, who did nothing for us. Now waiting 6 months, the customer service rep offered us a 30% discount as a courtesy along with free shipping on a new and again different recliner (stupid me for hoping they would get it right) only to have her renege on the offer and only now offer me 10% off and no free shipping. I can go online and get 25% today as a promotion and yet she can only give me 10%? What a sham!!! DO NOT BUY FROM POTTERY BARN EVER!!! THEY ARE THE WORST EVER!!!

Original review: March 10, 2019

I will never use Pottery Barn again! My drapery fabric and materials are of fine quality. However, there has been a major delay in delivery of a rod and brackets! There was no communication at all about the credits I received to use for items to buy in the store. No one and this is truly deceptive, told me that I had to make a one time purchase, and that any amount left over was void!! There should have been a clear policy communicated about the only one time use for credits earned based on the purchases made before they were issued. I find that a company who has higher prices should match with service!

Original review: March 7, 2019

I ordered a bed with custom fabric on November 6th. I had to call multiple times to see if the bed was ready to be delivered, because they don't notify you when it arrives in the warehouse. When they delivered it in January (I took the day off of work to wait for them) it's defective and they were not able to put it together. I talked to customer service when the delivery guys were there and they gave me a new date that the new bed would be delivered. I called multiple times and they said it was not ready to be scheduled for delivery.

When I called the third time they said it was never ordered the second time and asked if I wanted to reorder it? Are you kidding me? I told them to order it and get it to me asap. Then they gave me an estimated date of March 23rd. I told them I had important clients visiting and needed the bed by the 18th. I asked if they could put a rush on the order and they said no, and that they are not able to contact the third party that makes the bed. Are you kidding me! So now I have to call back again to schedule the actual delivery because they won't call you when it is actually in their warehouse. Worst experience ever! I didn't have a bed for Christmas and now I won't have it by the time our guests get here!

Original review: March 7, 2019

I purchase Pottery Barn bedding online quite often as I follow the sales each month. Early February I submitted an order applying a gift card to the order. The items were sent out in two deliveries so there should have been one charge for $98 and another charge for $96. Pottery Barn charged my credit card 3 separate charges of $96 as well as the one charge of $98. I immediately informed Pottery Barn of the mistake they made and sent off pics of my charge statements as evidence but not one person has offered to fix it.

My credit card has taken it to the disputes department and Pottery Barn management won’t even call me back after a month of emails and phone calls where I go through the same story with someone different but management is not available and never calls back. I’m discouraged after spending $1000’s at P.B. that they won’t or can’t efficiently look into fixing their mistakes for trusting customers that hand over their credit information hoping they will get it right.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I ordered the Julienne area rug in spring of 2018. It took me 3 months to receive it and we finally did get it in early July. It now looks like it is 10 years old despite good care and needs replacement. Terrible product.

Pottery Barn Company Information