2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.8/5 (2381 ratings)

About Pottery Barn

Pottery Barn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: July 7, 2021

I ordered a chair that was on sale. I got to select the day for delivery. Delivery was impressively accurate. Flawless experience. I received both text message and email given me the time window they would arrive. The estimate was 7:44am. They literally pulled up at 7:44am. As for the chair, it exceeded my expectations. Perfect condition and exactly how I pictured it, not having seen it in person. I'll continue to build out my living room slowly, but I will always use Pottery Barn until it's complete.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I like their furniture decor as related today in era. I believe that style evolves, but quality is timeless. The original designs, premium materials and artisan craftmanship that Pottery Barn produce can be loved for a lifetime.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I went to the store and the associates are very helpful and knowledgeable to help me out and suggest other options as well. Also, she suggested that the items were on sale so I paid less than what I expected. It was great. Also, the product fits to my living perfectly. I was very pleased by their level of service and the quality of the product.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Love Pottery Barn but their computer system is very outdated. That is the only bad side that I can think of. However, their staff is wonderful and helpful. The stores usually have all of the samples or at least a type of the sample that you would need. Sales are good and using their credit card helps you get bonus bucks!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I’m a newer homeowner and trying as a single older person to figure how to measure and decide what size to buy over a kitchen island was very difficult. Looking at Pottery Barn I saw they have a help service. I contacted them. A very nice gentleman had me measure how long and how wide the island is and was able to tell me a size range for my pendant lights. Very helpful.

Original review: July 22, 2021

Bought a desk and bed frame (head board and foot board) for my son's room. Notified to schedule delivery of my items, was informed that the desk was damaged and they added a 2nd order number to my order for the replacement cabinet. On delivery day, the very nice delivery guys (sub contracted) showed up with only the replacement cabinet, no desk and no bed frame. I called Pottery Barn shipping and was told my desk was never damaged and that my order was complete. I explained to the rep 4 times that I did not have the desk, nor the head board. He said he'd call me back, and 45 mins later he did and told me exactly what I told him. I didn't have the desk or headboard. I called the next day hoping to get someone else, and I did. She told me the same thing as the previous rep, my desk does not have drawers and is not then ready to ship???

I pointed out that I was called by pottery barn and that every confirmation shows the desk and bed frame being delivered together. She could care less, told me she'd check on when the drawers would be ready and would let me know. She did offer to deliver the bed frame and I said no. I don't trust that I'm going to receive the desk, keep the bed frame and send 1 delivery as I had previously scheduled. I then cancelled a 2nd order I had placed for my husband's desk and media console because of how unorganized, apathetic, bizarre and awful this experience has been. I had a delivery of a replacement of a desk that I do not know nor do I have any idea when if/when I will receive it. And according to Pottery Barn, this is normal. They normally schedule deliveries and then do not deliver and have no answers.

Hello Danielle,

I sincerely apologize for this experience! Would you please email us your order number concerns at support@potterybarn.com? We are here to help.

Original review: July 22, 2021

I ordered a bed frame on March 27. The original delivery date was July 31 - August 13. It's a long time but I really wanted that bed. About a month ago, I checked the status of the order and noticed the delivery date had been pushed back to late August/early September. I never received any communication about this. And I didn't have any time to call customer service to ask about the delay. But a whole month push back on delivery date without any communication from the company is unacceptable.

I just received an email, it is July 22, that states my order was cancelled. They said payment was declined. I never received any communication stating that my card had been tried and declined. There is also no reason for that card to be declined. After calling customer service, there is nothing that they can do for me. My order was cancelled and they had to re-place the order for me. I was told that the estimated deliver date is late September. When I received my order confirmation email, the estimated delivery date is actually late October/early November. The agent did offer me 20% off of the bed but honestly, it's not enough. At this point, I have no idea when it will arrive. At best, I will have the bed 7 months after originally placing the order. How is this acceptable? How does Pottery Barn, a reputable company, do business like this and manage to stay open. I am beyond disappointed.

Hello Joy,

I sincerely apologize for this experience! Would you please email us your order details or concern at support@potterybarn.com? We are here to help.

Original review: July 20, 2021

My fiancé and I were in need of a bed and decided to order from Pottery Barn as they assured us in the store everything was “in stock”. We placed an order on June 18th only to find out a few days later that the bed was backordered. Fast forward a month and we are on our second delay with now a window estimate of august 15-27th. Customer service is no help and give no assistance in an actual timeline. Also looked at the bed online and they are currently advertising a delivery date sooner than my pushed back date- they scam people into ordering without providing realistic delivery windows. I have lost total respect for this company. We have been sleeping on a mattress on the floor for months.

Hello Rachel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We sincerely apologize for the delays on your bed order. Would you please email your order number and details to support@potterybarn.com? We are here to help.

Warm Regards,

Kimi T.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 19, 2021

Ok, where to begin? I placed my order in-store on March 6th 2021 for a 3-piece sectional couch. Of course, it's a custom order because nothing they have is in stock ever. The estimated delivery date was June 4th - June 18th; understandable due to COVID; I can wait 4 months for a couch, I thought to myself. I can probably buy, close, and renovate a house in that amount of time, but whatever.

Fast forward to June, with zero progress made on Pottery Barn's 10-stage 'production process', I decided to contact Customer Service. They assured me it would be moving to the next stage very soon. What do ya know? Later that day it progressed to the next stage. It's literally like they were waiting for me to call and ask where my order was before doing anything. Odd for sure, but I was ok with that. By now, there wasn't a chance that I would receive it by the estimated 2-week delivery window I was initially quoted, but I decided to cut them some slack because once again, COVID, and I'm all about understanding in difficult times.

June 18th comes around and I don't hear a single thing. Not an email, not a call, not a text; nothing. I finally reached out again (proactively, mind you), and they said, "Your order is delayed and your new delivery estimate is in July"; July 2nd - 12th to be exact. Well, July 12th comes around and I see that 2 out of my 3 piece sectional couch are 'ready to be scheduled for delivery'. Great, I thought! So I call to find out what's going on. They told me that the order doesn't get scheduled for delivery until all of the pieces are ready. Ok, that sounds reasonable to me. Then the customer service rep tells me that the 3rd piece is delayed again and won't be ready for another month. Fantastic. She then tells me that it actually is being finished right now and the entire couch will be ready for delivery as soon as next week. Boy am I excited at this point, as it's now a month late after a 5-month wait.

I schedule the delivery at their first available date, July 19th, 2021. The delivery truck shows up as scheduled, the guys are nice, professional, and courteous. They start unpacking the couch pieces, and what do you know? The couch has TWO pieces in one fabric and one color, and the THIRD piece is a completely different fabric and color. Two of the pieces are actually the same shape (corner wedge).

After contacting customer service AGAIN, they said: "Oh yeah, the factory messed up your order and decided to build a 3-piece couch with 2 of the same pieces (corner wedge) in 2 SEPARATE COLORS AND FABRICS." Not only would this not work because they don't fit together, but it also somehow passed quality control and was packaged up like everything was totally fine. How in the world does something like this happen? Who would ever order a couch with two identical pieces in two separate colors and fabrics? Mindblowing. It gets better. Customer Service said, "No problem, we'll place a new order for the correct piece in the correct fabric and correct color." Great, I thought! When will I be receiving it? November or December they said. Are you kidding me? I now have to wait another 5-6 months so you can deliver the correct couch piece I already waited 5 months for? Haha, I think not.

It gets better. They offered me 20% back to keep the wrong piece in the wrong color. At that point I absolutely lost it and just asked for a refund because I was done with the nonsense. Unsurprisingly, they can take 5-6 months to deliver a couch, but they're able to pick up the wrong item in 2 days. So now do I not only have a couch I waited 5 months for, I got rid of my old couch to make way for the new one, so I'll be sitting on the living room floor for the next 6 months while I find a new one. Potter Barn, you really outdid yourselves on this one. I know losing a single customer means nothing to you, but you really need to get your act together because this has been the absolute worst buying experience of my life.

Hello Jason,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We sincerely apologize for this frustrating order experience. Would you please email your order number and details to support@potterybarn.com? We are here to help.

Warm Regards,

Kimi T.

Williams Sonoma, Inc.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 17, 2021

I ordered a painting from this company. They failed to deliver the painting by the initial estimated delivery date, and kept pushing out the delivery date for two months without giving me any prior notice. When I tried to cancel the order because I was fed up with the delay, they said I couldn't cancel the order because it's the company policy. They didn't honor the terms of the purchase, but don't allow me to get out of the contract. How fair is this. Such an abuse of power by a big corporation against a consumer. Not sure why such a company is permitted to do a business in the US.

Pottery Barn Company Information