1.17/5
Based on 229 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

870 Pottery Barn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

I returned the top of a table (Abbott Round Dining Table Top 2016: Concrete. PB08144607339200) that was delivered to me on 6/14/2018 because of a few scratches. I was told to keep the bottom. Well now I am in limbo because Pottery Barn is not reaching out to me regarding the redelivery of the Table Top. I have emailed, called and was transferred all around. The last phone call transfer, I was on hold for 20 minutes before I hung up. I have been a loyal customer since 1999. My house looks like one of their stores! I have spent thousands of dollars with them. But these last couple of years... Customer service has been going down the hill. Many items that I have ordered in the past were on back order forever without any type of communication with me. Think twice before placing an order with Pottery Barn!!!

Original review: June 21, 2018

1. The Customer Service call line is the WORST I have ever experienced. Suggest every member of management call their own customer service call center and get cut off as I have, repeatedly; 2. Shipment screwed up in either China or Memphis; 3. Promised replacement by certain date, didn’t arrive; 4. Called again, gave me a much later date, despite original promise; 5. No accommodation to ‘order’ for quicker shipment; 6. Worst of all: NO APOLOGY from Pottery Barn. I just checked other Consumer Affairs reviews. Terrible. Mine is in good company! This company is going downhill rapidly; the Pan Am of home supply centers. Wish I had read the reviews first!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We moved recently and my family had no bath towels. I ordered nearly $400 in towels and bath mats, which were supposed to arrive in 3 days. The towels came in 5 and the bath mats won’t come until next week. When the quick dry towels arrived yesterday the box delivered looked like it has been thrown from a 20 story building and the top was open. But the towels were sealed in plastic so I washed them in cold water. No bleach ever used in this machine and every single towel and wash cloth came out with irregular coloring spots where the color literally washed out.

I emailed customer service and never received any reply. So I called and spoke with someone named Kaya. To say this person could care less would be an understatement. Clearly there’s an issue with the towels but she insisted there wasn’t and could provide no guidance or explanation. She offered to replace the towels but refused to even address the issue of the MIA bath mats. I said if she wouldn’t help me then I would cancel the whole order. She said okay. I asked to speak with a manager, was put on hold for ten minutes. She came back and said someone would contact me in 24 hours. I’m returning everything. I called Nordstrom. They were SO nice, and shipped $400 of towels overnight for $15. I will cut up my Pottery Barn card today.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Bought a custom Jake leather sofa. Totally understood it would take a couple months to be delivered, but I thought it would be worth the wait to get the exact color I wanted. A couple months pass. Sofa is manufactured & my delivery is scheduled for 15 Jun. The delivery people were unable to install the legs on the sofa, much to my dismay. They called back to Pottery Barn and we’re advised that they would need to return sofa to their main center so “a technician could repair it.” I was told I could expect to have redelivery scheduled in 3-5 days. They lied. Not ONCE has anyone from Pottery Barn reached out to me about this. I have called several times (every few days) and continue to get the runaround. I still have no idea where the sofa that I have paid for is or what the damage is. I have no idea if or when it will ever be delivered.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I had to step away from my computer when trying to submit a purchase online and redeeming a rewards certificate for $175. When I returned to complete the order and submit my credit card information the system had time out. I inputted rewards number again and clicked apply only to find that the website saw this certificate number as “used” because I had previously entered it before stepping away. However, my credit card had never been charged. I contacted Pottery Barn customer service and was told to enter the order as normal and my information was recorded in the notes of the order. Three customer service representatives later and this still has not been resolved.

I am currently waiting on a “supervisor” to call back. I have waited on hold for over 45 minutes concerning this same situation altogether. At this point, I am considering demanding a refund including shipping because this purchase was made solely based on the fact that I had rewards to use. I have wasted more time trying to get any kind of assistance in resolving the matter. When you spend nearly $2,000 and then have to work this hard to get a rewards certificate redeemed it is not worth it! It would seem like a company like Pottery Barn could offer better customer service. Very disappointed and unhappy!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: June 18, 2018

Have been ordering Pottery Barn for couple years and have spent approximately $20k. Would not recommend ordering Pottery Barn if you have a local furniture store. The problem with Pottery Barn is they cannot answer anything about their furniture if you call them, they are simply reading the same description online as anyone else (no hands on experience). Second, when you check out items will show as available and on almost every item they will email a new expected delivery date because the item is on backorder. Also, items that are nonrefundable you are often waiting as much as 2 months!

It seems as though Pottery Barn is nothing more than a call center and simply places an order with another vendor once you make an online order. And nothing is more frustrating than receiving 5 partial deliveries over 2 months on something 'ready to ship'. Do your research, find the suppliers and order direct. And finally, any rewards earned quickly expire and are lost forever! Currently waiting for delivery of my last and final order from Pottery Barn due to the inability to supply what has been paid for in a timely manner. Don't market and sell items that are knowingly unavailable!!!

Hi Kate,

Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn. I know you're disheartened and I apologize for the shipping/delivery delays. I would like take a closer look into what has/is happening with your order and follow up with you. Please provide your order number.

I have listed my information below should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me directly and I will be delighted to assist.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I am beyond frustrated with one of my favorite stores I cannot believe what I have gone through. I am on my THIRD sectional in two years from Pottery Barn... My first one had to be returned because of the fabric shredding and separating, the second because Pottery Barn sent me the wrong Couch, now the third has broken at the connection part of the wedge and torn the fabric. I have been waiting since the middle of May and heard nothing of them pic sent and still nothing. I do not want this furniture. I want my money back and call it OVER. I am so disappointed.

Hi Holly,

Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn. I'm so sorry to hear about the experience you are having with lack of follow through. I understand you are frustrated and I apologize. I would be delighted to look into this and follow up with you. Please provide your order number for further review. I have listed my information below should you have any concerns, please contact my directly and I will be untroubled to assist.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I ordered a bed on 4/28 from a local store in Fort Lauderdale. I waited 6 weeks for my bed and when the bed came 3 out of the 4 parts were WRONG. My bed got delivered on 6/15/18. They literally delivered me a two-tone bed. Then after following up I was told that my replacement parts would take ANOTHER 6 WEEKS. I mean this has got to be a joke. Pottery Barn/William Sonoma you should be ashamed of yourself that this is the lousy customer service you offer for the kind of money they charge for the products. I will NEVER purchase anything from this store again NOR recommend them to anyone. They need to reconsider their vendor.

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for contacting Williams Sonoma Inc. I'm sorry to hear about the experience you are having with your order. I apologize for the inconvenience. I would be delighted to assist. I have listed my information below, please provide your order number for further review.

Should you have any questions and or concerns, please contact me directly and I will be untroubled to assist.

Sincerely,

Latricia J|williams Sonoma Inc.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I placed an order for the Pearce 3 piece sectional at the local store on June 11th. I was told by the salesperson that since the fabric I chose was a part of the "quick ship" then I would receive my item in about a week... And she even heard that it takes less time than that. LIES! On June 15th, I called to check the status of my order, it didn't tell me the update but it directed me to customer service. After being on hold for about 30 minutes, Deborah answered. She told me that my item was already at the delivery hub in Memphis, TN and it's scheduled to be delivered on June 28th. Great, I was initially worried after reading reviews on delivery... I thought that maybe I was one of the lucky ones.

I asked if it could be delivered sooner because my family and I will be out of town that week. She said I should call the delivery hub myself and ask for a sooner delivery date. She said they make out their delivery list on Sundays and for me to call first thing that morning. I called Sunday morning... They were closed. No big deal, it was Father's Day after all. I called the delivery hub this morning, the guy said that my item was not in their warehouse... He didn't know where it was. I called PB customer service, she wasn't sure why Deborah told me that my item was ready for delivery because it was still in transit from Georgia to Tennessee (I'm in Alabama, by the way). I asked when will it be delivered to the hub... She said June 29th. 3 weeks after I ordered my sectional (keep in mind this was not a custom order... oh, and it will be delivered to the hub, not me... that'll take an additional 2 weeks).

I asked was it normal for an item to travel for over 2 weeks and she said yes. Ridiculous. The bottom line is I won't receive my sectional until a month after delivery. This will be the last time I'll shop at PB. I ignored the fact that PB have HORRIBLE reviews on their quality, customer and delivery service... and went against my better judgement and got a PB credit card to order my item and additional ones to furnish my home. Seriously considering paying it off right now and closing it. I have family coming to my home and no furniture in my living room. PB needs to stop advertising the "quick ship" products if it takes just as long as an custom order.

Hi Courtney,

Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with shipping delays. I understand you're disappointed and I apologize. I would like to assist by following your order and keeping you up to date. Please send my your order details for further review.

I have listed my information below should you have any questions, please contact me directly and I will be delighted to assist.

Sincerely,

Original review: June 18, 2018

I am beyond upset with PB Teen. I placed an order with PB Teen on March 11, 2018 for the Burnett Super Sectional and an extra Corner. After two weeks I called to inquire about my order to check to see if they could give me a better range on the delivery date, after realizing my order online did not have any date listed as it should. I was told to wait, so I did. My order online continued to not have anything listed for an estimated delivery date, so I called again end of March and was told it would be delivered in a week.

Two weeks past and I called again. This time no one knew why someone would tell me that date and that there was something wrong it the PB Teen System and my order was never placed. So they requested from the vendor to provide an update and they would call me back. I went around and around getting the same feedback for 2 months, never heard anything. I even called every few days to check for updates. I at this time have probably spent over 8 hours on hold and on the phone with PB Teen on 15 different occasions. I was told my order was never placed, the new system dropped the order, there were fabric issues, etc. No resolutions though.

Finally I spoke to Justin **, a Furniture specialist. He assured me that he would monitor and track the whole issue and that it seemed that my couch would be ready by June 23rd. I emailed him twice again to check on status with no reply, so I called again today (June 17, 2018) to check on status. My call was answered by another Furniture Specialist, who told me that my couch was never built. To find this news out at 15 weeks is beyond irritating and disappointing. I was advised to cancel my order since it was so messed up, which I did. Then I could place a new one and get my couch sometime in October.

I ordered this couch with plenty of lead time for a big family gathering at my house on the 4th of July. Knowing that PB Teen strung me along without letting me know of the order issue and telling me it was coming is beyond words, it's already been 15 weeks waiting and the lead time listed was 8-10 weeks. I could have gone to another company and ordered something, now it’s too late to get anything in time for my family event.

The lack of respect this company has for people is awful. I will do my best to ensure that the lack of respect for customer service is communicated publicly so others do not end up in a situation like I am. The sad thing is that after a quick search on PB Teen complaints, I realized this is a common issue and that I was not alone. This is unacceptable and I assure you that I will do all in my power to keep more from ending up in my situation. Come on PB Teen, you can do better!

Pottery Barn response
    Hello Kara- This is truly disappointing to read. I am very disheartened that we were unable to advise you of proper information so late in the order. I would be really appreciative if you would allow me to look at your order and see exactly what went on and if there is anything can do. I will be sending you a private message with all my contact information. Thank you for your time.

~Chelsea T.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 17, 2018

I am beyond upset with the crappy customer service I've received from Pottery Barn. I ordered an outdoor umbrella and rolling stand in early May so that we would be ready for a Memorial Day BBQ. The umbrella was received fine however, the base is another story. I was contacted by their delivery service to schedule delivery 3 times and the product was never received. I then had my husband call to which the delivery service said there was no record of previous delivery attempts. (Shocking). Once the merchandise was en route (the day of delivery) I was contacted to say that we needed to be present to accept delivery??? If that is the case, why was I only notified the day of!!!

I was not close to home and asked that they leave the product and they didn't. Aren't all Calls recorded these days??? I then called customer service and explained how the purpose of the order was for a Mem Day BBQ and now I wasn't going to have the product in time as there was no other delivery slots before the holiday. They were useless and unapologetic. They also said there was no record of my previous delivery requests only that I wasn't there to accept delivery (how convenient for Pottery Barn). Here in lies the problem... No record of my first 4 calls and attempts of delivery which never happened but now a note that I wasn't home for delivery... Really? Convenient how record keeping works at this company.

Finally, after missing my window for the holiday the wheeled umbrella base was received. However, it seemed as though an "anchor piece" was missing and therefore the umbrella tips over when placed in the base. I have since placed 4 phone calls to customer service who then send me to furniture delivery regarding this issue. And furniture delivery sends me back to customer service... Now, conveniently, I have been told the item is permanently out of stock... I bought this item one month prior and now it is out of stock permanently??? Of course with no previous disclosure!!!

I am beyond frustrated and now just placed an order for the freestanding base so that I can actually use my umbrella this summer. I still have no way to return the original base as the box was disposed of. Pottery barn will not credit my order until the merchandise is received back in their warehouse. However, they better credit me for 100% of shipping charges this fiasco entailed. Additionally, I better not be charged for return shipping as well now that I have to go and buy a box and ship this extremely heavy piece back to the company on my own free time and money... DISASTROUS... PB should accept returns in stores and credit for shipping when they send faulty merchandise. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. SHAME ON YOU POTTERY BARN.

Pottery Barn response

Hi Gina: I'm so sorry to hear about the experience you had with the umbrella base and thank you for bringing it to my attention. A private message has been sent to you with more information and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. - Katie

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 16, 2018

I highly recommend you not order anything that requires shipping or 'White Glove' delivery. We placed one order for a table, 2 arm chairs, 2 side chairs and a bench. This was split into multiple shipments, some through UPS, but the table seems to be lost. Multiple calls to the customer service departments (one for furniture, one for the bench and armchairs, which apparently are not classified as furniture if they ship UPS) have totaled to 5+ hours of wait time, and conflicting information. Have requested and promised a callback from Leads and supervisors, which has not happened yet. Also no response to email requests for info. We have a bench and chairs, but no table. PB has some serious problems with their shipping logistics and customer service.

Pottery Barn response

Hi Stephen: Thank you for taking the time to send your review and I'm sorry you have not received an answer about the table. A private message has been sent to you with more information and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. - Katie

Original review: June 15, 2018

I ordered multiple pieces of furniture from Pottery Barn during their Memorial Day sale. Scheduling delivery has been incredibly frustrating. I have scheduled delivery 4 times now. The first delivery was set on the 3rd for 6/9 for delivery between 7a-noon. No call, no delivery. On 6/10 I spent about 40 minutes on hold & finally spoke with someone who rescheduled/expedited delivery for the 12th/13th and was told I'd get a confirmation call 10 hrs prior to delivery. (But said I was already on the schedule for 6/16 between 11-12). No call/no delivery on 12/13th. I called again on the 12th, 40 minute hold time and was told my delivery was actually scheduled for 6/16 between 11-12 and I’d be getting a confirmation phone call (apparently there was no record of my previous calls).

Today I received an email saying it was time to schedule my delivery. I called the number and the woman informed me that my delivery date was scheduled for the 22nd. & that I was talking to the wrong department every time I called! I have spent hours on hold, spoken with at least 6 Pottery Barn associates, have scheduled and confirmed appointments, have had friends meet me at the house to help with moving furniture for deliveries that never transpired. Then to be told just now that the people I spoke with at Pottery Barn customer service were incapable of connecting me with the proper person... I’ve never experienced this level of disorganization and miscommunication with any company. This might be the last time I order from Pottery Barn, the frustration isn’t worth it.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I bought a home in Charlotte NC but was still in Massachusetts. I asked Pottery Barn customer service if I could place an order and have it held until I would be in Charlotte to receive it in a few weeks. They said yes, but neglected to tell me that I would have to place the order by phone to have it held. Not knowing this, I placed a very large order (bedroom sets, etc.) and then emailed PB and asked them to hold the order. But it was too late, and the order went out automatically. I saw that this had happened, and I call PB customer service many times and called UPS many times, but no one seemed to be able to stop the items from being delivered to Charlotte, and I could not have the order re-directed to Massachusetts. Customer service was no help at all, but I kept calling and finally got someone whom I thought would help me (Rachelle **). She tried but gave up, telling me she was too busy to handle the problem.

So all the items were delivered to Charlotte without me there, and because I did not receive them, UPS sent them all back to PB. But Pottery Barn has not given me credit for the items on my PB credit card, so I still owe over $11,000 for items I never received, and I still can't get anyone to do anything about it. All of this has been going on for weeks, and I am just sick over it. I feel completely helpless, because I can't get anyone at PB to take responsibility. And I'm very sad, because I wanted the items so much for my new home. The only thing I can do is give PB bad reviews and try to work it out with the credit card company.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Placed order for a sofa in March - supposed to be 6 weeks. Now quoting 16 weeks - no emails - no information but I cannot cancel it. They cannot assure me it will be ready in July. They cannot contact their vendors other than sending a request via email. I see the order online and have a new date every time it is supposed to be ready.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Tallulah sofa - I ordered a custom sofa on February 1, 2018 online. My order confirmation informed me that I should receive a call to set up delivery between April 30 and May 14. I called customer service on May 14 when I didn't hear anything. In the past month, I have called several times and sent emails several times. All I am told is that they will contact the vendor (by email, no less) to find out the status of my sofa. No one has followed up. I still don't know where my sofa is, or when I can expect it. I would have never expected this from Pottery Barn -- I will not order anything more from them based on this experience. I am beyond disappointed.

Pottery Barn response

Hi Catherine- Thank you for your post. I apologize profusely that you have not received an update on your Tallulah Sofa and I have sent you a Private Message offering to assist you. I look forward to hearing from you. ~Susan

Original review: June 14, 2018

I purchased a four piece sectional with chocolate velvet slipcovers from Pottery Barn in 2003. It was manufactured by Mitchell Gold. It is in excellent condition - minimally used. My family room flooded and I need to replace the slipcovers BUT I cannot determine what style the sectional is... I think it is the PB Basics line but need that verified. I called customer service - I was told they cannot help me. I have reached out to a local store for assistance.

I provided photos of the furniture and photos of several tags on the pieces and cushions. And I get back "those aren't our style numbers or item numbers" - the tags actually say "manufactured for Pottery Barn". Now I have been told no one in the store can identify the style - that it doesn't align to any of the current styles and they do not think I will be able to replace the slipcovers. I asked if they could look up the purchase from my old Pottery Barn credit card - I was told no - that can't be done. I asked if there are resources at corporate that could assist - I was told no - nobody to assist at corporate.

1. How is it no one knows the sectional lines that the company has sold over the years? In 2003 I know there were not many styles of sectionals...
    2. How is it no one knows if the new manufacturer for Pottery Barn kept the same dimensions of the Mitchell Gold furniture?
    3. Why buy a slipcovered sectional if you cannot replace the slipcovers?

Extremely frustrating. The furniture is in EXCELLENT condition - just need new slipcovers.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I bought the Abbott Chunky Leg table with 2 benches last spring. Soon after its delivery, we found a crack running across the tabletop. After many, many phone calls, a replacement top (concrete only) was sent and assembled. Upon delivery I noticed a few small cracks along the side edges and reported it to customer service. She said that the tables were currently out of stock for the season (now November) and that she would give me a credit in order to hold on to the defective one till next season. She said to call back in the spring to report any further issues and to see if more were in stock.

When uncovering the set for the spring, we found a huge crack across the middle of the table. I spent over an hour on the phone with a lady that said that she couldn't do anything because I had received that credit last season. Again, that credit was not given so that I would keep the table forever. It was more like the lady saying, "Sorry your table is messed up AGAIN." By the end of the phone call, she agreed that she would get a new order moving along and call me back with more details by the end of the day.

Needless to say, I never heard back. So I called back again and spoke to another, kinder, woman. She processed the order right away and that a whole new set would be on its way once they came back in stock at the end of June. Now, early June, I received a letter saying that the order is not coming because the order is no longer in stock and they have no idea if it will ever be. I just went on their website and saw that it and other versions of this table are clearly available and for sale. To boot, the table now has 3 cracks running the full length of the table! Clearly this table is hollow and poorly made. What if this thing collapses on my kids? It's 425 lbs. Now I have to spend another few hours on the phone trying to get a replacement table that won't fall apart. You'd think that when you spend over $3000 on a table set it would last more than a month.

Pottery Barn response

Hi Mary- Thank you for your post. I apologize for the issues you are having with the Abbot Table and I would like to chat with you about it. I have sent you a private message with my contact details and I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you-Susan

Original review: June 13, 2018

My mother returned a leather chair because it was defective. Even though it was past their 30 day policy for a full refund, I was told by one of their reps in the furniture dept. that they would be able to refund the chair on the credit card. Lo and behold, my mother received a "gift card" in the mail for the full amount of the chair. I've been on the phone numerous times and for numerous hours with them trying to dispute this with no avail. I was told someone would look into it and get back to me but no one did, nor have they responded to my email. I've been lied to by them and they don't even seem to care. I was shocked but not surprised to see so many unsatisfied customers. I, like many of the reviewers, will NEVER purchase anything from them again!!! I expected more from this so called company. They should be ashamed.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We purchased a couch and the cushions on the back and the bottom are already worn down with normal use. We have contacted them several times and they refused to replace the cushions. They said that we could purchase new ones but they will not help us with their faulty product. Their couches are more expensive than many companies and clearly they do not stand behind their product.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I'm a very regular Pottery Barn Kids customer. I ordered 2 twin beds on May 28th for my twins' birthday. The fact that they were to be delivered between June 5-7th, was ultimately why I chose the Pottery Barn Kids beds over beds I was considering at Restoration Hardware Kids (which has amazing customer service, btw) and Land of Nod. By email PBK indicated I'd be contacted in the days before delivery to set up a white glove delivery time. When no such call came, I called on June 6th and was told that only the headboards had arrived at their warehouse and that the footboard were arriving in a day or two, and I should expect a call about setting up the delivery soon, and the beds by early this week. Today is June 12th and I've spent over an hour and a half on the phone (mostly on hold) and still have no idea where my beds are or when they are arriving.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I ordered furniture for my nursery on March 28th was given a delivery estimate of 8-10 weeks. The ottoman has been at the warehouse ready for delivery since mid-May but they don’t ship your order until it is all received by the me warehouse. I’ve been given an available of option delivery date for June 5-7th for the glider. I was never contacted during this time to set up a delivery time so I called them to find out when delivery would be scheduled. I've been told "inquiries to the vendor" are being made and I still have been given no answer as to when it will be delivered. In fact, no one is even sure where my glider is. Each time they say I'll receive a callback, I don't. Each time they say I'll receive an email update, I don't. Absolutely ridiculous and inexcusable. I’m due in a week and I’m not going to have nursery furniture.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 9, 2018

I have ordered from Pottery Barn twice and both times have been horrific experiences. Both times the items were backordered but that was not indicated on the website. They both took months to come. The nightstands I ordered were delivered by a third party company, which was incompetent. The pendant I ordered needed to be plugged into an outlet, which was not indicated on the website. When I decided to return it, I had to call 3 separate times because I could not print the return labels. Finally, I stayed on the phone until I printed them, which took several more attempts and 20 min of my time. I will NEVER order anything from Pottery Barn EVER AGAIN. They are terrible.

Pottery Barn response

Hi Caitlin: I'm so sorry to hear about your recent orders and thank you for bringing this to my attention. A private message has been sent with my contact information and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. - Katie

Original review: June 8, 2018

Pottery Barn has always been one of my very favorite home stores and having to write this review makes me feel like I'm breaking up with an old friend. I don't think I've ever written a negative review in my life but our recent experience has been awful. My husband and I ordered an upholstered platform bed after much deliberation. I chose a fabric with a 4-6 week timeline. When I never heard anything at 6 weeks, I started calling. We were trying to coordinate the delivery of a new Sleep Number mattress. I called at least 10 different times, several times I was put on hold and disconnected. Several of the customer reps were very nice and tried to be helpful, but the bottom line was no one had any information on my order and why it was taking so long.

I emailed customer service as well with the same results (I was told numerous times a ticket was submitted and I would receive an email in 24-48 hours). Not once did Pottery Barn contact me. Finally at 10 weeks I was notified we was ready to schedule for delivery. We were so excited to finally be able to move back in our bedroom again. By the way, we had to reschedule with Sleep Number delivery six times so far because we want them to set it up and we need the platform bed to do that. Well, the day came for delivery two days ago. Our delivery guy informed us that the supporting center rail was missing for our bed. Set up could not be completed. Again, no one made the contact with us as to how this will be resolved.

We have called each day and have been told we have to wait for the vendor to email us. We bought and paid for this bed through Pottery Barn and they have passed the buck to a vendor we cannot contact. In our opinion PB should be bending over backwards to take care of their customers and overnighting the missing rail. They have led us to believe we will have to wait until July for this missing part which is totally unacceptable. So, bottom line, buyers beware, especially if you don't want to sleep in an air mattress for almost four months.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I had an outstanding credit card bill of $11.36 in 2017. I never received a bill so I forgot about it. I just received a letter today stating that Pottery Barn closed and sold off my credit card in April 2018 to Portfolio Recovery Associates and that I now owe $221.78. I called Pottery Barn who told me that they received return mail from my address. When we checked the address they had on file, Pottery Barn did not have my correct address, it was missing my unit number. Pottery Barn states they tried to call me but did not reach me. I never received a call from Pottery Barn. I feel that Pottery Barn had my wrong address so they are at fault. I have always paid my bills. This is unfair that I now have to pay $221.78.

Pottery Barn response

Hi Elizabeth: I'm so sorry to learn about your billing situation and would like to help. A private message has been sent to you with my contact information and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. - Katie

Original review: June 8, 2018

This Emily & Merrit Diamond Crib bedding set (quilt, crib bumper, and XOXO crib sheet, and star crib sheet) looked absolutely stunning in my baby’s room when first put together. Seeing as it’s for infants and infants spit up, poop, drool, and snot all the time, I would have thought it would have been an easy fix to wash after my son had a blowout and it made a mess on the bumpers and quilt. Now, mind you, I went almost a whole year with no accidents or having to wash it so I didn’t know it was going to be completely ruined when I had to.

I followed the directions marked on the tag from the manufacturer and when I pulled them out of the washer both the quilt and bumper were so ugly. The black ran ALL over the pretty white and now it looks like crap. Tried to take it into the store that I purchased it from (PBK- Stonebriar #595) and had the worst experience in my life. She said, "Oh that sucks. The most we can offer you is $25." Umm well since I paid a crap ton more than that and $25 won’t even buy 1 crib sheet I just took my ugly quilt and bumper back home. I would have expected a lot more from Pottery Barn especially Pottery Barn Kids. It’s bedding for Kids. Kids are messy. Messes need to be cleaned. When I clean bedding especially when I follow the directions, I expect them to come out looking like new not ruined then told well sorry. Extremely disappointed. We’ve spent so much money with PB and if this isn’t resolved we’re done.

Pottery Barn response

Hi Jordyn: I'm so sorry to hear this happened to the bedding and certainly understand your disappointment. A private message has been sent to you with my contact information and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. - Katie

Original review: June 6, 2018

I recently purchased, and paid for an expensive leather chair from Pottery Barn. I was told it would be delivered within 2-6 days, and that I would get a call to schedule it. 2 days later I got an email, they had my order and would be calling to schedule delivery. They never called and on the 5th day I received an email that I should call them to schedule delivery. Now 5 days of the 6 had past. I called and they said the next available delivery was a week out. I was annoyed but had no recourse. I accepted the planned delivery date. 3 days later I got delivery affirmation with a 2 hour delivery time window. I prepared the room, and got rid of the chair it is replacing.

The morning of expected delivery I got an email that the delivery needed to be rescheduled because the chair didn't arrive at their warehouse yet. I called and it is now scheduled for another week out. The customer service rep at Williams Sonoma informed me that the warehouse attendants were not given enough time to pick the order. Why was I told 2-6 days? There are two warehouses across the street from each other and the chair has to be moved from one to the other before being loaded onto the truck. This didn't happen in the 10 days that had past. She assured me the chair is now in correct spot and will definitely be delivered next week. If it is now in the correct spot why is it not be delivered today as promised?

I was planning to buy a couch from Pottery Barn and now I will definitely not. After reading other reviews it is apparent that this is a recurring problem, and people are waiting a lot longer than I for their furniture. It makes me nervous to read these, I am mentally prepared not to receive my chair next week. If it does not come on 6/12/18 as promised I will cancel the order and expect a full refund.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 4, 2018

I ordered a bathroom faucet and shower valve. It was advertised to be delivered in 1-3 weeks. Upon paying for the items, the delivery date was switched to 5 weeks. This timeline didn't work for me. I called customer service within 2 minutes to cancel the order. The representative said it was canceled. Two days later I received a confirmation of the order, no cancellation. I spent over 2 hours today, speaking to 4 representatives who were unhappy and unwilling to help me. Finally, one said, "call the bank and deny the purchase". No other help. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. NEVER USE!!!

Hello Susan,

I'm so sorry to hear of your disappointment, and I would like to discuss this further. I have sent a private message with my details and look forward to hearing from you. Thank you! Ramona

Original review: June 1, 2018

Yesterday, I was out shopping with my father at the South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa. We initially were looking at the Macy's furniture store for a sofa for my new apartment when I saw the Leo Coffee Table through the window at Pottery Barn. While I would normally NEVER pay the full price for the table ($550), there was a special ONE DAY sale that brought the price of the table down to $273.99 which was doable. After speaking with the Costa Mesa store about the product, they didn't have it in stock, but they DID have one in stock at the Mission Viejo location.

The coffee table was put on hold for me and I was able to pay for and pick it up by closing time. Around 6:30 PM, my father and I drove south of where I live to Mission Viejo for the express purpose of picking the coffee table up before he went home for the day so I would have help carrying it up to my third floor apartment (my family lives an hour and fifteen minutes away from me). After paying for the coffee table, we went to the loading dock and had one very large box put into my car.

Once we arrived to my apartment, we noticed that the box was pretty light. Opening the box up, it occurred to both of us that they had only given me a FRAME for the coffee table. Hey, no big deal, they just forgot the glass, right? WRONG. After calling the Mission Viejo store, I was told that, "Just kidding, we sell the glass separately here and you will have to pay an additional $50 for the glass, and the best discount we can offer is a 15% one." Now, I'm an engineer capable of doing higher level math and this simple algebra was stumping me: the coffee "table" was now going to cost me ABOVE their advertised price in store AND online because the very part of the table that makes a coffee table a table is SOLD SEPARATELY? I told the store that they could expect to see my coffee frame back at the store tomorrow because I was not going to have any of this.

However, my father then suggested that I call Costa Mesa's Pottery Barn, since I was explicitly told there everything comes in one box and I originally placed the hold from that store. After speaking with a sales associate who was not the original person I spoke to at the store, I was told that they DO in fact sell the glass separately (???), but that the Mission Viejo store should have just sold them to me at the same time as logic would have it. He went on to talk to the Mission Viejo store to "find out what's going on" for me. During this, my father had to leave. When he gets back on the line, I'm told that I should be expecting a call from Mission Viejo to discuss the glass for the table (like that went so well before). I also asked him if delivery of the glass to my apartment was possible for my hassle since I now have to carry a delicate slab of glass up to my third floor apartment alone and he said, "I'm sorry but no". Pleasant.

After getting a call back from Mission Viejo, I'm suddenly now being offered the full discount I should have received on the glass in the first place, but I still am required to go and pick up the glass on my own with no delivery option available even though this is THEIR PROBLEM. When I'm literally being told by a sales associate that they just "can't remember" which pieces come separately, I lose faith in a company's ability to hire people who actually give two craps about a customer's business. Their inability to figure out that I needed the single most important part for my coffee table has now caused me to have to play phone gymnastics, waste even more gas and my time, and risk breaking the glass whilst carrying it up the three floors alone. For the price of the coffee table, that's not worth it to me.

And to think, if I hadn't gone the extra step to call the Costa Mesa store I was originally at, I would have still been milked out of more of my money by the Mission Viejo store who only decided that the maximum discount they could give me on my necessary product was 15% even though the store advertised NOWHERE ANYWHERE AT EITHER STORE that the two things were sold separately. Hasn't ANYONE in their marketing department heard of FALSE ADVERTISING? Pottery Barn is horrid and I have an extremely hard time believing they're still in business pulling crap like this. I just want to return this stupid coffee table and never do business with them again.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I really hate to post this towards what I thought WAS an extremely reputable company but I don’t want anyone else to suffer the consequences we have by ordering furniture through pottery barn. Where to begin? March 23 we ordered a dining table, leather sofa and two leather recliners. We ordered in store at the Denver Colorado location. While in store I picked out my table. I physically sat at and touched the table I ordered. Same with the couch and chairs. I sat in them in the store and loved what I was purchasing. Which you’d expect when spending $2k on a dining table, $3k for the leather sectional sofa and $4k for both recliners.

Needless to say we modified our order to get something that was in stock in order to be delivered by May 1. The kind sales rep at pottery barn places our order for us with expected delivery date of April 6-24. April 17th rolls around and still no call. I called them and the lady informs me she works for Williams and Sonoma. I was then informed that pottery barn as well as PB Teen PB Kids etc, West Elm... had filed for bankruptcy and were bought out by Williams and Sonoma. Red flag right there.

They apologized and said my furniture was in warehouse ready to ship and scheduled a delivery date for May 2. I accepted the delay but also didn’t realize they were not suppose to charge me for the furniture until shipment date. I was charged in store on March 23. 10,000 dollars out of my account for months now. May 2nd rolls around. We have to take work off for delivery. They call saying they will be arriving with sectional and table at said time.

About an hour before delivery I get a call. “We are arriving soon with your table and HALF of your sectional.” Excuse me? Half? When the delivery drivers showed up they had NO couch but they had a table. Interesting how it was in the warehouse April 17? Then on the way, then half couch, then no couch. Contacted customer service about the couch. Spending hours upon hours and weeks upon weeks we’ve come to the conclusion that there is a huge disconnect between vendors, warehouse and customer service.

After spending 17+hours (over a couple days time) on the phone with representatives and on hold our couch was nowhere to be found. By this time I’m pretty irate. Walk over and take a look at the dining table. It was NOT what we ordered in store. Had a professional come take a look and he said it was not all real wood. There was some wood but mostly laminate and plastic. For 2k this better be real. Pottery barn claims all furniture is handcrafted in North Carolina. We contacted the store we purchased from. Had the associate crawl under table and ask what trademark was on the table. It said handcrafted in North Carolina. Unfortunately ours did not say that. Just a sticker that said made in Vietnam. Not only are they taking money from you before shipping, delaying delivery dates because furniture doesn’t exist but they are sending cheap fake furniture!

Let me tell you they did a really good job pulling off the fake look. We scheduled a pick up date for table so we could be reimbursed. They didn’t show twice after taking off work for pick up. Finally May 16 they show up. Take table. Shockingly received a check in the mail after talking with the Vice President of Williams and Sonoma. We asked to cancel our couch and chair orders because of all the runaround and bad quality of furniture (what you see in store is real. Don’t be fooled with what they deliver) after asking to cancel and refund money they said they can’t until we receive the items and say we aren’t satisfied and then they can schedule a pick up and refund check. No way! Needless to say we did end up getting our refund for table and couch.

However we are still waiting to see if those chairs show up so we can pay a delivery fee to have them turn around and pick them up? Makes absolutely no sense. Just wanted to make sure others know so they don’t struggle down the same path as my family has. To purchase a new house. Order new furniture delivered by April 24 ? And now it’s June 1. Waiting for full refund and furniture less. Been living without furniture since March 15th now. Real hard to purchase more when Pottery Barn possessed $10,000 of my dollars. Ugh. Please shop elsewhere folks. Don’t let me forget this. Pottery Barn is in a class action law suit for their bedding. And yes I paid 992.00 cash for bedding???

Pottery Barn Company Information