3.5/5 (1544 ratings)

About Pottery Barn

Pottery Barn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I purchased the Reed Open Floating Shelf, Antique Umber, 36"W x 12"D x 12"H #1613539 that was noted it was on clearance. When I received the item it looked much different than in the photos and description on the website. On the website it looked like nice warm smooth wood. What I received was an ugly distressed brown and grainy wood. I attempted to return the item, however I was notified that it was non-returnable. I was unaware that this was a non-returnable item and nowhere on the webpage for this item does it explicitly state this. One has to expand the returns dropdown to obtain the following: Final sale items (with prices ending in $.X7 or $.X9).

Nowhere on the item page does it say it is a 'final sale item', only that it ended in a $0.X9. This to me is very disingenuous and potentially predatory practice to not make consumers immediately aware upfront what the purchasing conditions are. Very disappointed, especially since the product wasn't even as described. Most certainly will not purchase from Pottery Barn again as I cannot trust that I won't get stuck with an expensive unwanted item. https://www.potterybarn.com/products/reed-open-floating-shelf/

Hello Aaron,

Thank you so much for contacting us. Would you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order details? We are here to help.

Kimi T.

Pottery Barn

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Unfortunately, I can't rate lower than one star. Nearly a year after I ordered furniture, I'm still waiting for a dresser and the replacement of a badly damaged chair that they, for some reason, thought I would accept. The delivery dates provided on the website are dishonest. They really should just list item delivery times as unknown as the times are not based on any real information other than how long they think someone might be willing to wait before they notify you multiple times that it's delayed. I would never have ordered if I had been given honest delivery timelines. They, of course, blame COVID, but clearly this issue with the Williams Sonoma brands existed long before the pandemic.

I won't even get into the countless hours I've spent with them due to their poor communications and internal confusion, including a failed delivery attempt when they say they were at my door and were not. I highly suggest ordering furniture from other brands if you actually need your furniture. If it's a piece you absolutely love and can't find anything else like it, and it's fine if it's a year+ before you maybe get it, then take your chances with Williams Sonoma brands.

Hi Julie,

We thank you very much for reaching out. Would you please email us your order details to support@potterybarn.com and reference your Consumer Affairs inquiry? Our elevated support team is here to help.

Charlene V.

Pottery Barn

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I agree with the reviewer who stated that there seems to be a reason PB does not allow reviews on their site. I would add to this that they don't even offer an option to chat with an agent but somehow you can chat with a designer. I can't decide whether this level of cluelessness is funny or not. In terms of my experience, I ordered several items (Christmas stockings, stocking holders, guest towels) on Thanksgiving. Although the status showed "shipped" a few days later, my items never arrived. PB just kept updating the status to show est. delivery going from Dec. 3, Dec. 7, Dec. 10, Dec. 14, Dec. 17, Dec. 20, Dec. 21, Dec. 24.

Note, I only discovered this by continuously "refreshing" the order # on their site. I never received any emails to inform me of any delays. Customer service was useless, blaming it on "supply chain" or telling me that they are happy to inform me that my order is showing shipped. It was as though they didn't even bother to read my email. The carrier also stated that PB never provided any items to ship when I checked with them. I was flabbergasted that, despite these known shipping delays, PB continued advertising "Delivery by Christmas" even on Dec. 23.

I had also ordered the Blaire 6-Drawer Wide Dresser back in October. Estimated delivery was March but it was delivered January. It would have been nice to get an email instead of piecing together they were shipping it earlier by noticing the charge on the credit card. Anyhow, I am appalled at the quality, given what I paid. You will find better quality furniture at IKEA or even Target. The drawers are difficult to pull out -- there are basically no rails (?) on the drawers so the wood of the drawers rubs against the wood of the dresser frame. The drawers also only pull out halfway so you have to bend down to peer inside the drawer if you want to find something in the back. The wood also looks like layers of particle board pressed together. I am so disappointed and I do not see a situation where I will ever buy from PB again.

Hello June,

Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the difficulty experienced with your orders. At your earliest convenience, please send us an email at support@potterybarn.com with your order details, and we will be happy to assist you.

Yasmin K.

Pottery Barn

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

This is the 2nd time I place an order online at Pottery Barn Kids and I am extremely disappointed with their delivery dates. It was first noted that I’d receive my order in 3 weeks, from 3 weeks it now went to Feb 15th which is another month. It is one of the worst companies for online orders for sure! Never ordering again from Pottery Barn!

Hello Irida,

Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn.

We do apologize for the delays you are experiencing, can you please email us at international@potterybarn.com so that we can further assist you?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I received a gift (Pottery Barn product) that I had no use for. I contacted Pottery Barn and they promptly sent me a mailing label for the return, at their cost. The item was verified as returned on November 19, 2021. As of today, my 4th call, no one can tell me when my refund will arrive, or even if it will. It is allegedly under review. This information rec'd today after being told two weeks ago that it was already mailed (gift card) and I would receive it in three days. Very disappointing! We have been fans of the company for three decades. Our bathroom is furnished with PB cabinets, mats and towels. This is likely the end of our relationship with them.

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn.

We are sorry you have not received your refund, can you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order details so that we can further assist you?

Pottery Barn

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I ordered a children's activity table on 26 NOV for my grandson's Xmas gift, with shipping noted to be between 10-13 DEC. It didn't arrive. Rec'd another email that shipping was est 20-22 DEC, it didn't arrive. Another email was that it had arrived at warehouse and would be delivered in 5-7 days. It still has NOT arrived. I've spoken to two different CS Reps, the first said customers should realize these are ESTIMATED dates. The second told me it was at the shipping center and gave me the phone #. I was then told by the "shipping center" it had with Ryder, their delivery service and that it had arrived there on 22 DEC. It's now 6 JAN and I called Ryder Delivery to be told the first available date was 20 JAN. Horrible delivery and communication. Given the prices and shipping issues, I will gladly take my business to a local business from this point forward.

Hi Jenn,

Charlene V.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Ordered a new buffet cabinet back in October, full well knowing that it would take a while to be received in Hawaii where I live. However, I received an email in early December saying that the product had been delivered to my home… It was not. Spent the last three weeks dealing with somebody in customer service trying to track the item down. I was told that it was in Las Vegas being ready to ship… Turned out it was not. A few days later, I received another call informing me that there was a surcharge to ship to Hawaii and that I would need to call customer service to arrange shipping for my order…. I paid $400 to have it shipped when I originally made the order.

Now I can’t even get anybody to return my messages. It seems to me that if they don’t ship to Hawaii, then customers shouldn’t be allowed to make that order on their website, in addition to paying upfront a large shipping surcharge?? I’m used to being treated like a second-class citizen in Hawaii with shipping delays/charges etc. And I'm sure nobody feels bad for me… But, Pottery Barn should provide much better customer service than this as I am a many times returning customer.

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn.

We are sorry this was your experience, that is unacceptable, and we do value your business. Can you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order details so that we can further assist you?

West Elm

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Updated on 01/06/2022: So I did get a response from Pottery Barn on my order. Instead of January 7th it is now April 2022. That's 7 months. They did give alternative to other tables, but we already bought the chairs, so we now need to just wait. This was a gift from my son and his wife, and we really liked it. I am so glad we did not get rid of our current dining set. I will never order or refer products from this company. However there might be someone out there that doesn't care how long it takes to receive items ordered. We never got any notification that the date range of delivery was changed. Today is the 6th. It took a rating on ConsumerAffairs to hear anything. I can't say it's resolved, but there is not much to do but wait. Thanks.

Original Review: We ordered a Dining Table and bench in September 2021. They gave us a delivery date between December and January. No status change at all. Recording says someone will call on or around January 7th. Meanwhile, we ordered the matching chairs. They were delivered 2 days after ordering. Then ordered some pillow covers. A month later were told it was out of stock. For a company this size, you would think they would have their act together on stock, and webpage would reflect this. We thought we would have these items by Christmas, but not. I would think twice about buying anything with a back order. Especially from Pottery Barn.

Hello Tony,

Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn.

We are sorry to hear about your experience, can you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order details so we can further assist you?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

There is a reason Pottery Barn doesn't offer reviews of their products on their website, they are crap! I ordered some decorative pillows for the winter season mid-October and didn't start using them until after Thanksgiving. I recently discovered that one of them is defective. It wasn't sewn properly and is coming apart at the seam and unrepairable. I called customer service to see if I could get it replaced and they told me I couldn't get a refund or replacement because it is past their 30 day window, even though the product is still available. That is unacceptable, the item is defective and should be warranted for more than 30 days. They don’t stand behind their products and I’m done buying their overpriced junk!!

Hello S,

Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn.

We are so sorry to hear about your experience, can you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order details so that we can further assist you?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I ordered this gorgeous dresser in October for $1299, Plus $93 tax, Plus $249 for "white glove service." It arrived with one of the drawer rails completely missing (it was inside of one of the drawers). Two pieces (a screw and a flat plastic piece of the rail) actually fell out of the furniture when it was being delivered. Only two of the drawers shut properly, and they were wobbly and cheap.

I took a FULL DAY off from work so that a "furniture medic" could come repair it between 7am and 8pm. (Yes, this was the ridiculous time window I had to stay home to wait). No one called or showed. PB gave me a number to call but there was no response there. The furniture medic never came, so I was stuck with this piece of junk.

Then I get an email that a replacement has been ordered. Apparently the delivery folks ordered a replacement that I DID NOT WANT. Canceling this was a huge headache, I had to wait for another week, was told it "could not be canceled," I kept calling back until someone finally helped me (thanks Robert in the furniture department). I would note that Robert is the ONLY person, after MULTIPLE CALLS over a number of WEEKS that was of any help.

They came and picked up the piece the following week. I received a refund for $1299. No refund for tax and no refund for the white glove service. Given that this thing did not even have drawers that closed, I shouldn't have to pay for "white glove service." I'd give zero stars if I could. Will not be furnishing the rest of my house with PB and will never shop here again. Save your money and time and shop elsewhere.

Hello Alex,

Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn.

We do apologize that your shipping fees were not refunded, given that this was returned due to quality issues, these fees should have been refunded. I have issued the remainder of your refund to your credit card on file, you will see this refund in the next 3 to 5 business days, this is based on your bank processing time frames.

We apologize for any frustration.

Pottery Barn Company Information