1.11/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Pottery Barn

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

661 Pottery Barn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017
Ordered a carpet on the 29th of July that went on backorder and got postponed for a month, then got postponed several more times up to December 7th. Meanwhile, they keep selling on the website, which says they are available to ship on November 8th. Called customer service and got rigmarole about how it is impossible to know my place in the backorder and was unable to explain the discrepancies between the website description and the postponements on my order.

Wouldn't deal with these people, they aren't running a credible business.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

On September 3rd I ordered 2 sets of drapery hardware. When I went to install, I realized I ordered the incorrect hardware for my project. I placed an order for the correct hardware last weekend. The new drapery hardware has already been received and has worked out very well. The issue is trying to return the first set of drapery hardware. I have tried to process the return multiple times online but continue to get the incorrect description of what is being returned once submitted. I have called customer service and they cannot seem to help me. I even went to social media on Facebook and the associate is trying to help, but explains it is an IT issue. Today I tried several times again to process the return and now it states the page is no longer available. I am at a loss of what to do other than driving to a Pottery Barn store which is very inconvenient.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

In short, it began with issues on the website, personalization preview links weren't working. I called customer service so they were aware and I emailed them as well so a tech review could take place and also so the rep would follow up with previews and include them in a return email. I got an apology. After waiting several days for anything else, including a fix to the website... nothing happened so I tried to piece it together myself... previewing different items and putting in guesswork, only to find more site issues. Content with my guesswork, I tried to then place my order online. Only to find that the personalization boxes would not update correctly, resulting in the wrong selections being placed in my cart. I tried several tweaks to get that fixed before calling in my order. Which I finally did. I called in my order and the woman was amazing...

I place down my order for 4 back to school type items... 4. In mid-August. It is now October and I am STILL WAITING ON MY LAST ITEM?! When the 3rd item didn't show up on time I made a few more calls and received well spoken and concerned service but 2x I was promised follow-up calls... that never came. The 3rd item missed the promised delivery date 3! MORE times in addition to taking forever in the first place. When it finally arrived, guess what. The personalized part was wrong!!! A color not even offered on the website and not the font chosen. I was LIVID. After all of that I was maxed on patience. I called customer service again and relayed the information and held back the majority of the disappointment and I received a 20% discount... for an item I didn't want but couldn't return because at this point having it in hand was slightly better than having nothing at all and running the risk of continuing this drama.

I am still waiting on the last item. It has been 7 weeks. I have literally received a handmade, customer designed item from TURKEY faster, STANDARD POST!

Along the way the phone agents were mostly amazing, some understood my frustration, others indifferent but you could tell their hands were tied and there were few options available to them. This is one of the worst failings in the SYSTEM of service I have encountered and I only ordered 4 small items. I fear for those of you who ever challenge them with an order of value or volume. And heaven forbid you have to deal with complications. It may look pretty on the outside but it's rotten on the inside. Never again here. Others do it better!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Background: Ordered Wingback recliner chair via Pottery Barn kids Australia Bondi junction. Chair delivered 7th Sept. Tried out the new chair and found out the recliner piece doesn't work so disappointed. Called for replacement to be sent. RA # provided for pickup **. Week goes by and No contact for pickup made. 39 wks pregnant and looking to have this chair replaced as soon as possible. Callback customer service, no update from CS rep Cory and she confirmed she can get approval for them to do a swap to save time on return process as we would like it before the birth of our baby. Birth baby comes 19th of Sept - no chair. 21st Sept shipping company contacts us for swap.

Husband leaves hospital to meet delivery. Delivery team doesn't have new chair but wants to take old, my husband states the approval for swap and says he doesn't want to return chair without new one. Delivery team yells and curses at my husband. My husband calls customer service and finds out that the swap was never approved and she finally calls back that day with approval. 28th Sept call back customer service as we still have no update on the chair swap. Tanara CS rep has no background, hasn't read any notes and was not helpful, ask for a supervisor (Robin). She is busy and will call us back.

Summary: One of the worst customer service experience with no communication or ownership to rectify a product issue. This was poor timing as the chair was needed for a Caesarian birth of our son. It added stress to a beautiful time in our lives. We are hugely disappointed with the company and how they run their business. We would like this issue escalated and fixed by the end of the week as well as compensation. Please listen to call as they are recorded and let us know the outcome.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Ordered a sectional on August 10th. Weeks later, received voicemail requesting I contact them to schedule a delivery date. Returned their call immediately, only to be told that there were no available deliveries to our area at that time. This is understandable, given the fact that we live in a rural area. I called them back to ask them to ship the sectional to Denver, Co (200 miles from us), so that we could pick it up there. They responded that they could not do this, and would contact us when a delivery date to our area became available.

Two and one-half weeks later, an email was received, informing us that the sectional would be delivered on Sept. 14, between 1200-2:00 pm. To date, the sectional has yet to be delivered. The delivery company was VERY RUDE when I contacted them. Now, it seems the sectional has been rerouted to Denver, Co, and is scheduled to arrive at the warehouse on 9/16. Who knows when it will be delivered. I have NEVER experienced such treatment with any other company, and will not do business with Pottery Barn again! Am very disappointed in the customer service!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I tried to order a bookbag for my grandchild. The original order was placed on August 13, 2017. It was never delivered. On August 24th I called to inquire about it. I was told they weren't sure what happened and gave me a replacement order. It was never delivered. Called again on September 6th, was told it would be delivered September 12th. It wasn't. I called again today and was told I was sent something via SNAIL MAIL on September 8th that my order could not be filled. I was then told I could order something else. Why in the heck would I do that? This is the worst customer service I have ever received from any company. They should really re-think that whole "customer service" thing. Because there isn't any.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

We have had a HORRIBLE experience with Pottery Barn that is still unresolved. The delivery department and customer service department that deals with problems have absolutely no clue about anything, are generally incompetent, cannot resolve anything - and this has been nothing but a nightmare for us. At this point we have wasted *5 HOURS* (and still counting) of time on hold with Pottery Barn customer service... with no end in sight. Over two months ago (beginning of July), we ordered two Harlow swivel chairs - which comes in custom fabric and colors. We also ordered a rug. We selected a very nice color/fabric combination in the store, and were told to expect delivery in about 2 months - ok fine, no problem... 2 months is a while, but these do need to be custom upholstered so we understand the long wait.

Two months later, we get a call to schedule delivery. Great! I scheduled delivery, but let the delivery center person know that we could only do deliveries after 12 pm (noon) - she said, "Fine no problem," and scheduled my delivery for Monday 8/28. Then the Sunday before delivery day, they called to confirm my delivery at 8 am - I explained to her that per our previous conversation I could not do early morning. She then said, "Well we can't promise any particular time." OK, well then why didn't she say that the first time?

Anyway, the delivery was rescheduled for Saturday 9/2. Friday 9/1, I received a very strange and rambling "confirmation" voicemail from the same woman (she had at no point identified herself by name) - stating that tomorrow we would receive only *ONE* chair because (according to her) we "ALREADY RECEIVED THE OTHER ONE VIA UPS", and we would also be receiving the rug. (We hadn't received anything at all, let alone anything by UPS.) Immediately I called back, and spoke to someone different who assured me that that woman was "new", she didn't know what she was talking about, and I was set to receive BOTH chairs tomorrow and the rug, no problem - and they are all being loaded on the truck as we speak.

Sunday morning 9/2, I receive a call from the same woman who I had been dealing with all of the times (she still won't tell me her name) - and in a very stern and unapologetic manner told me she was calling to "inform" me that we would be receiving only the rug... as their delivery center had **LOST** both of the chairs. Too bad, so sad... our new delivery estimate would be at least ANOTHER 2 MORE MONTHS. (That means NOVEMBER delivery for items we ordered in early JULY!) I explained to her that we have already waited a very long time (2 months) for these chairs, and we cannot wait ANOTHER 2 months! She really couldn't care less, and just kept repeating over and over that they are just going to have to reorder. Finally I told her, someone needs to search your trucks and warehouse because 2 chairs don't just disappear like that! She said she would "try" and call me back. She also refused to allow me to speak to her supervisor.

Well, she never did call back, so we called the delivery center back to find out what was going on. The man I spoke told me that he didn't know what was going on, and the woman that I already spoke to was his boss (and not "new" as I had been told previously) and there is nothing he can do. So then we called Pottery Barn customer service and after being on hold about 30 minutes... finally got to speak to a representative. We explained the situation, and she had us on hold for about 45 minutes or so before letting us know, "Sorry, we have no idea what's going on... we should know by Tuesday 9/5."

So Tuesday 9/5, I call Pottery Barn customer service... and after a wait of 20 minutes I finally get to speak to someone. He puts me on hold for another 20 minutes and comes back with the same story - he has no idea what is going on, but tells me - "Well, Monday was a holiday so they probably didn't search the dock yet... give it another few days and call us back Thursday." So Thursday 9/7... I call Pottery Barn customer service AGAIN... and after a 20-minute wait, I speak to a representative, re-explain the entire situation, then she says "please hold" and I get put back into the same hold queue to speak to a customer service rep. 20 MORE minutes later, I speak to one of her colleagues, RE-EXPLAIN the entire situation, then get put on hold for another 30 minutes while she tries to figure it out. After waiting that long, I get the same run-around - "Sorry, nobody knows what's going on, try back TOMORROW".

So Friday 9/8 we call back. Another 30-minute wait to speak to a human being. That woman tells us, "I don't see what the problem is, according to my system, you've already received the chairs." At this point I'm not sure how much more incompetence we can take, so we ask to speak to a supervisor. Another 30 minute wait, and we get transferred to someone in "leadership" who puts us on hold for another 20-30 minutes and the answer we get from him... "Sorry, my boss is gone for the day. We don't know what's going on. Call us back tomorrow."

At this point, it is a week later since we were supposed to have our delivery, and nobody can tell us anything about where our chairs are, if they have even bothered to look for them - or anything. No supervisor has called us back (despite multiple requests to get a call back), and we have literally spent *5 HOURS* of time on hold with Pottery Barn customer service trying to get this mess straightened out.

Nobody at Pottery Barn cares at all that the delivery center has lost our custom order items that take 2 months+ to be re-made, nobody at Pottery Barn cares at all how much time we have wasted trying to get this issue resolved, and nobody at Pottery Barn cares at all that they have sold us some very expensive items that we have not received... and probably never will. Dealing with their delivery department and their customer service has been pure torture, and I really regret ever purchasing from them. Based on the wait times that their customer service line has... I suspect there are a lot of complaints and problems, and Pottery Barn is just hoping that people get tired and give up. I will NEVER order from Pottery Barn again, and I would urge anyone considering ordering them to think about what you will do when you have problems and your items don't arrive, or if there is an issue with your order. I would not wish this experience on anyone.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I'd like to add my voice to the ground swell of others receiving the absolute worse customer service I've ever seen from any company... especially in the age of advanced technology. We have made two very substantial purchases from Pottery Barn. The first we made in store and had the help of their agents. We were told that furniture orders can take 6 - 8 weeks, so after our selection we were pleasantly surprised to have one of the salespersons tell us that our order was eligible for "quick ship" and that because it was a "quick ship" it was returnable. They gave us a number to call to set up the shipping date. We called the number 48 hours later only to have the agent on the phone tell us that not only was our order not eligible for quick ship, that it would be 9 - 11 weeks before delivery and it was not eligible for return.

The second order was placed on Aug 2nd and again was supposed to be a quick ship. I was investigating finance charges being assessed on my Pottery Barn credit card (Aug 25) only to find out that the order was sitting in the warehouse awaiting shipment... and again the order had been changed from a quick ship and again not eligible for return. So I was being charged for having them, they are not eligible for return and they are sitting in a warehouse in the now ravaged torn Houston area. I will never, ever purchase anything from this company again.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I purchased a printer keyhole desk and a corner desk. After 6 months, one of the drawers is off track and the stain on the corner desk has worn off in many places and the wood scratches easily. After calling Pottery Barn several times and sending numerous pictures of the defective desks, I was told this is normal wear and tear even though the desks are only 6 months old. Don't waste your money on this overpriced garbage!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I'm a believer in Pottery Barn products. I'm not sure what kind of leadership they've had the past 5-10 years, but it seems like they're valuing cost savings over quality. This is most reflected in customer service. The past year we've been redecorating and I've dealt with at least 2 dozen customer reps. About 2 of them were both friendly and effective. A few were rude, but most of them were triflingly incompetent at helping me resolve multiple issues (including losing my sectional). While some have been rude, I honestly don't think the people I talk to are to blame overall. The customer service process sounds poor and sets these guys up to fail. But they are unable to do basic things, like looking up an order status or reading notes about my situation without making me have to manually track stuff down or re-explain things to five people. At least five people told me they or their managers would call me back about a missing sectional but no one ever did.

I've wasted at least a total of 8 hours of my time on the phone with PB this summer (not including the unproductive 20+ min phone call I'm on right now allowing me to simultaneously write this review). Once this last issue is resolved, the products are not enough to keep me from running as fast as I can in the other direction and not looking back.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I had to send a few items from a wedding registry and spent a lot of time in their web site (which is really lousy when you choose a few items- really confusing). When it came time to add the information I added all the information and assumed that since this is a wedding registry the gifts will go to the bride's house or wherever they chose. Little did I know that this was treated as a normal purchase and the gifts (all in separate 4 boxes) came to my house while I was traveling overseas.

I tried to contact the company to see what happened in such cases and no response. There is no telephone number (that I could find) but there is an email. It responded that it will get back with me and after three weeks no response. I have to send the gifts through UPS for twice the value of the gifts. This is almost 5 weeks after the wedding (since I was traveling the whole time). People should definitely watch out for this company. Lousy website, lousy service and no customer service to even go over your complaints. They just ignore it all.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I set up my registry with Pottery Barn which was my first mistake. I went into the store to start scanning away and when I asked a lady for help with something she was so nasty and said "I'm busy you're gonna have to wait." It was around Christmas time when the store was packed but I'm sorry that I was scanning away and they were gonna make hundreds of dollars off what went on my registry. I was gonna walk out and not register with them but I didn't unfortunately.

As soon as people started buying stuff things that I requested one of kept appearing as if I added another to registry so therefore I was getting duplicates of things that I only wanted one of, they were personalized items that are not returnable. I went into the store in Short Hills NJ and the manager was on the phone for 2 hours (as I waited) with the online people who couldn't understand why that happened. Well it kept happening.There were things on my registry that people couldn't see including me when I went on my computer. They were suppose to be there since I am the one who put them on.

Every time I called they would put them back on the registry then they would disappear again. It kept getting worse with them. I totally regret doing a registry with Pottery Barn, I should of went with my first instance and picked Crate and Barrel. If you want to have a lot of stress with a registry then pick Pottery Barn. They definitely lost my business as my house is being renovated. They would of got a lot of business from me but no chance I would spent a dollar there now.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Disappointed! I have seen and heard of Pottery Barn for years and considered them to be a high-end brand. I should have read the reviewed online prior to ordering anything from this company. Products is low grade, requires assembly, and that is only if the items arrive to begin with. I have canceled the last items on my order and I would be making a few calls to make sure I am compensated for all the inconvenience. What a sham! Asking for so much money for what you claim to be. Luxury furniture but is no more than an overly expensive IKEA furniture. I will not be wasting my hard earned money on your brand again.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I purchased the Townsend Reversible Chaise Sectional, Ava Metal Desk, and Tanner Coffee table a few months ago and I love them all!!! The desk and coffee table were delivered within a couple weeks and the sectional took 6 weeks. I ordered the sectional in Metal Grey Washed Linen/Cotton and I couldn’t be happier. The design team was amazing and I took home several swatches (twill, basketweave slub, performance twill, washed linen/cotton) before I made my decision. I originally wanted Ash Basketweave Slub because the color was amazing but decided it wasn’t the best option for me. I carried the swatches around in my purse for a couple of weeks before ordering because I wanted to see which ones would pill from rubbing against the stuff in my purse. Every fabric pilled pretty bad except the washed linen/cotton, so that’s the one I chose.

I live alone and don’t have animals or small children, so I don’t anticipate linen being an issue. I added a few pillows to it & it looks wonderful!! It also has storage in the ottoman, which I use for my throws. The desk and coffee table are extremely sturdy and are exactly as described. I have a small nook in my bedroom, which is where I put the desk. It’s a bit larger than I expected but it looks amazing. The coffee table is stunning and fits perfectly with my sectional. All in all I’m very satisfied with my purchase. My only complaint is that the coffee table wasn’t white glove service, so it was pretty awkward trying to get the heavy glass to my condo.

Original review: July 13, 2017

BUYER BEWARE -- This company is a joke. From the sales dept, to the order dept, to the delivery dept, to the customer service dept... you will get jerked around with no straight answer about anything that goes wrong. They all have excuses and throw their little "I'm sorry" at you like that's going to make a difference. I wish I would of read these reviews before I spent thousand of my husband hard-earned money with PB. I would of never bought anything here, and WILL NEVER AGAIN.

My nightmare began a year ago in June. I purchased a PB custom sectional, PB chair and several other pieces to complete my family room. I have kept the entertainment piece, console table and end table (it's hard to screw those items up) but have returned two rugs, the sectional and chair. There were MULTIPLE things wrong with the sectional, from the start. They sent out a guy to remedy the issues which is protocol I guess, he said, "Well these things happen after a couple of years" which I replied, "This is 2 months old." He agreed there were issue with it. PB let me keep it while a new one was ordered. Took at least 3 months.

When it was delivered it was the wrong color. Another 2-3 months they deliver the third sectional. It wasn't any better, in fact it was worse — same issues, left piece didn't fit the wedge properly, cushions weren't filled all the way, right piece of the sectional sat 1/2 higher than the wedge, cushions didn't lie flat... AND the bottom of the right piece sectional had a hole in it the size of a basketball!!

The delivery people obviously knew it was torn (or they tore it) because they taped it together with clear packing tape!!! I'm furious I didn't see that before they set it down. I only noticed it when the tape started coming undone and black batting material was hanging down from under the sectional. I discovered the hole when they picked the furniture up. I couldn't believe it.

The furniture was picked up on June 19th. I still don't have my refund. Just like everyone else, I've made numerous calls, spoke to numerous customer service people, and been told different things regarding return policies and refunds. Even after being told my return was approved and sent up for processing, I still haven't received my refund check. After reading several of these complaints I'm not confident I will see my refund anytime soon. I am disgusted with this company. I feel I've been taken advantage of. Everyone needs to put the word out on this company. They shouldn't be operating.

Original review: July 13, 2017

We ordered a bedroom set from Pottery Barn back in April 2017. 1 of the 4 pieces (the bed frame-header and footer) has been on back-order all this time. Of course we don't want it delivered until ALL pieces are available. The company now informs us further delay until mid- August on the back-ordered piece!! So let's assume the back-ordered piece finally is available for delivery mid-August... I can now only imagine if there is a problem with that piece, the additional amount of time it will take to get this piece.

This is absolutely absurd how long this has taken. If you want furniture reasonably quick to fill a room, forget going to the Pottery Barn. What kind of big company operates this way. If the company puts furniture on display at one of their stores, they should have the inventory available within a reasonable amount of time, or simply not sell it. SHAME ON THIS COMPANY.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I ordered a king size Loleta bed in mid-February 2017. It's July and I still don't have the bed. PB charged my credit card months ago. They set a delivery date in early July. I drove five hours to my second home and waited for hours but no delivery. I called to ask what happened and they said the bed was damaged and they would have to reorder. They didn't bother to call me to let me know the delivery was cancelled. I had to call them. I tried to get a supervisor to contact me and received an email indicating one would call in two days. I have not gotten a call back a week later. Finally, I called and demanded to speak to a supervisor to get a refund. Hopefully I will will get my $1200+ dollars back soon. Don't ever plan to order from PB again!

Original review: July 6, 2017

I ordered a bed from Pottery Barn. I waited almost 3 months for it to get here. When my delivery driver arrived, he arrived with the WRONG head board and the WRONG COLOR. I ordered a CAL-King and I received a Queen head board and Cal king frames. The worst part of all of this is that Pottery Barn hasn't done much to correct the mistake. I have called several times and the only response I get is they are "looking into it". It's been a week since, and I still haven't gotten an answer as to what happened and when I will receive the correct bed. I am so disappointed in PB and their customer service and how all this has been handled. I will NEVER shop there again.

Original review: June 30, 2017

We bought a bed from Pottery Barn 4 months ago and we are still having issues. I get that it's a "quality product" but the way they operate their business is terrible. The warehouse/drivers/store all operate separately and have their own supervisors who follow separate rules. So you can imagine how much of a mess it is to get to someone that can help. I don't recommend purchasing any of their products because it's not worth the high price when you get really bad service.

Original review: June 27, 2017

Called customer service multiple times, they say they can't contact the manufacturer of the umbrella directly. They first said they would email them and they should get a response in 24-48 hours. Called back after 2 days, they said it takes 72 hours. Asked why they can't phone the manufacturer directly, they just can't they are just sitting waiting for the manufacturer to contact them, they will not lift a finger for me. Called back after 6 days they now say they need to wait 10 days to hear from the manufacturer. I don't think Pottery Barn ever sent my order to the manufacturer and they are trying to cover their ass.

Original review: June 8, 2017

Now I see why there are no online reviews on the PB website... Ordered the 'custom made' TAMSEN SQUARE UPHOLSTERED BED for $ 949 and the Ludlow Bedside Table, for $ 549 on Feb 7th 2017. First, the table comes USED dirty damaged and with obvious touch paint on it. I called and was offered 33% off and accepted because I no longer had the box and they refused to pick it up without it.

Second, the headboard comes today 5/8/17 a short three months after the order, I had to make multiple inquiries about the status and delivery date. No one bothered to send any updates. The headboard was oddly lumpy and the nailheads were all crooked and unevenly spaced. The driver refused to take the return immediately so I called customer service and went through three departments and thirty-five minutes of holding and this time a new driver came back again and picked it back up. I am waiting for a full refund. FYI - The third delivery guy said the headboards always get returned Waiting through that automated menu to get to a live person is maddening all on its own. Then you get transferred at least three times. Customer satisfaction seems low on the list of this company's priority list. Pottery Barn experience - F.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I purchased a curtain rod with items to hang it on the wall. Sizes of items did not match so I sent it back for a promised refund. I was told that the credit would be issued within days of when the return arrived at the warehouse in Dallas. That was on April 20. No refund was issued until I called Customer Service on June 5 as it had not appeared on my credit card statement. I suspect, but cannot prove, that the failure to issue a refund was not an oversight, but may be a practice.

Original review: May 15, 2017

Pottery Barn company advertises itself as a top of the line brand. However, the only "top of the line" is the price. This company has the worst customer service, because you have to wait for hours on the phone to be connected with someone. Next thing that everyone should be aware of is that the delivery time is always delayed. And for some items like furniture, on top of the scheduled very long delivery time (can be 12-18 weeks) but there will be an additional time of the delay.

In my case, I placed an order on February 12th, paid in full a top price, supposed to received the item between April 3rd and 17th. Now we are in May 15th, I'm still waiting for my item. And there were no emails or phone calls on their side to explain the situation. I've been calling for weeks and each time I'm getting different answers (or lies). They don't even care about their customers. After you paid them you have to do all the work for them. Calling, asking, writing emails about your item. Cause no one from the company will even bother themselves to inform you about the delay. I would NEVER order from Pottery Barn again. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Original review: May 11, 2017

In early March, we ordered a Benchwright hutch and buffet from Potterybarn.com. When the transaction went through, there was no indication that any item would be back ordered. When I check order tracking several days later, the hutch was showing as back ordered with a delivery date in early May. Subsequent to that, my order record disappeared from my account: when I click on the order number it says that it can't be accessed. On 4/20, when I called Pottery Barn customer service, I was told that the hutch was to be delivered to the local delivery company in St. Louis on 4/21. I called the delivery service on 4/28 and was told they have no record of receiving the hutch. I then called Pottery Barn and was told that they couldn't locate it and they would follow up.

After several emails with customer service, I was told that they received "no response to their inquiries" about the location of the hutch and that they were re-ordering with a delivery date in late July. Payment was processed for the piece by Pottery Barn in April. The piece is necessary for an event at my home at the end of May. Subsequent to the above order and before the trouble started, I also ordered a Benchwright pedestal table. I was told that shipped on time to the local delivery service. However, the delivery service never delivered. When I inquired as to where the table was, Pottery Barn could not find it. That item was also re-ordered and delivered about two weeks later with a small discount applied for the trouble.

Warning: either someone is stealing thousands of dollars worth of very large and heavy furniture from Pottery Barn OR Pottery Barn's inventory and shipping control system is kept on index cards somewhere OR the company is engaging in dishonest business practices. Without a more satisfactory remedy and after 10s of thousands of dollars spent with PB, this is certainly my order from them. What used to be a higher-end national retailer has certainly experienced a downturn in both quality of service and their position in the marketplace. At those prices, I highly suggest shopping elsewhere.

Original review: May 1, 2017

I purchased a king "Fallon Upholstered Bed with Bronze Nailheads" online in February as part of our wedding registry. I chose PB because their pieces looked beautiful and sturdy. Beautiful, yes. But sturdy? **. After months of waiting in anticipation, PB delivered and built my bed frame last week, and at first sight it looked amazing. Then I sat on it and the headboard wobbled front to back about 6 inches in each direction, like it wasn't connected to the frame properly. The delivery specialists noticed as well so we checked to see if all of the screws were installed correctly, and they were. So, they called PB for me and customer service told me that I should refuse delivery and they would fix it and have it redelivered the following week.

Well, the bed frame came back today and still wobbles. But this time the new delivery specialists weren't surprised and even said, "All of these bed frames wobble because they are connected with a hook." I paid $2k for this?! Great. So, after realizing just now that there are no product reviews on PB's website, here I am. Literally writing this review as they are finishing cleaning up. After reading the other reviews I am entirely convinced that this is intentional.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I ordered a sofa and loveseat on 2/25/2017. I was told it would be 6 - 8 weeks for delivery. At the time that seemed reasonable, we had furniture in the room for the time being but it was getting old and rundown. When I logged in a few weeks later to track the progress of the order I noticed it said an estimated delivery date of 6/1/17! I consider myself a pretty patient person but 14 weeks for furniture?

I reached out to customer service and my email inquiry somehow went through twice, so I got 2 different responses. The first email said the delivery date would be 4/28/17 and the second said my furniture was on back order. When I called them out on it I got the standard we are so sorry etc. FOR LYING. I just followed up again today and the 4/28 date is now 5/18. We have family coming to stay the first week of June and I will be so embarrassed if these old sofas are still here. Pottery Barn needs to understand you cannot pretend to be a high-quality company charging high-quality prices without high-quality efficiency, processes, and customer service.

Original review: April 20, 2017

I purchased and PAID for a media center several weeks ago and was sent an email confirming the order immediately after placing it. Furniture not Delivered. A week or two later received another email saying "call to schedule delivery" but the email showed only the top to the TV stand. So when I called to schedule I asked "Is it the whole item or just the top as the email suggests". I was told the whole thing was in and would all be delivered at the same time the following Saturday.

I am a realtor and explained that I didn't want to take Saturday off and then find it was only one piece so please, please make sure the delivery would be the entire thing. Saturdays off for me are a premium as that is when all clients want to see homes. I received a phone call three days later from the delivery hub telling me it was not going to be delivered as not all of it was in. I explained that it was two days away and I had already taken it off, too late to now schedule the three clients I had scheduled for the following Saturday. This happened three times as I am writing this! I have once again taken a Saturday off, three in a row, I have lost one of my buyers costing a commission of 2.5% of a potential home sale of $300,000. Who can blame them? They have been told three Saturdays in a row that I cannot show them a home.

I have repeatedly called Pottery Barn to complain and have been shuffled through customer service AND "LEAD" people who refuse to allow me to speak with a supervisor. I have requested calls back from supervisors and have gotten none, I have called the delivery company and been told it is all there but "the truck is full and it is too late to schedule the delivery for this Saturday" (which was last Saturday). So I figured it would get delivered this Saturday. No phone calls to deliver, I called them again!!! And was told they don't know what is happening and would get back to me.

Today is another day with a phone call to them and nothing has been resolved. I just looked up my order number online and it says "To schedule a delivery, please call **, your delivery was put on hold as per your request." I am so upset that a so-called "respectable" business is this inept and has no regard for its long time customers. It is obvious to me that I don't matter. The $1300 I paid doesn't matter. THEY HAVE MY MONEY SO WHAT DO THEY CARE?

Original review: April 20, 2017

My wife and I bought a Cameron, roll-arm, sleeper sofa on February 27, 2017. We had heard good things about the store and couch. The sales people and the sofa were very pleasant. Everything seemed fine. Two weeks after purchase our body heat enticed the dormant bed bugs from the sofa. We immediately encircled tree sofa with diatomaceous earth to prevent the bugs spreading and contracted Pottery Barn. The bugs were bad; PB was worse.

Pottery Barn needed to file a claim with their insurance, Broadspire. They expressed concern and a need to determine the origin of the bugs. Their concern wasn't in the expensive couch we purchased; it was in covering their own mistake. They sent an inspector who did not want to inspect the couch. They inspected the store and warehouse, according to them, three weeks after the fact. Wow, after three weeks of cleaning, they found no bugs in their facilities. The bug infestation that their inspector termed as two months old had to be our fault.

The problem with their conclusion is the bugs only exist on the couch. After two months, the bugs would have been everywhere. No one's been bitten, and there aren't any bugs anywhere else. Pottery Barn has decided to refund us the cost of the couch, but the cost of delivery, an exterminator, lost wages, legal fees, and a storage unit for a bug ridden couch, those expenses belong to us. I will never shop at Pottery Barn again. I will also be seeking legal action.

Original review: April 18, 2017

Why is it 1. Pottery Barn cannot post a physical returns address for UPS on its website? I am returning a package unopened and therefore do not have a return label. I was told to just leave it on the porch for UPS. Does not inspire confidence it will ever arrive at its destination. 2. Why is it when I call Pottery Barn I have to listen to a long list of non-applicable buttons to press on my phone only to be told at the end they are not open and then not told what time to call back?? This is nuts! 3. When I originally tried to place this order I gave up after a half hour because the website would not display properly in either of my browsers.

Original review: April 15, 2017

After owning two Pottery Barn sofas for 17 years I felt very comfortable buying new replacement sofas from them again. Unfortunately I feel that I was robbed of the money spent. I am ready to drag them outside and set them on fire. These have been the most horrible sofas I have ever sat on. So bad that I have had to get medical treatment for all the pain, aches and daily pain from sitting on them. The problem seems to be the Down material used. It's created such extreme hardness that you might as well be sitting on concrete. It's taken me two years to finally get someone to help me but I need to pay for new inserts. I am crossing my fingers that the new insert will make the difference. I don't think it should have taken so long to get some attempt to correct the matter.

All in all I feel that Pottery Barn failed me as a customer and that they did not take my complaints seriously nor did then try to offer me a different product. Buyer beware stay away from their down seat product as well as the Carlise sofa and the PB English arm. Both just horrible. I am still hopeful for a good end to this but I currently am not holding my breath.

Pottery Barn Company Information