Pottery Barn

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Charged CC without delivering item - Placed an order on 12/24/16 for furniture and accessories for our nursery. The order stated the chair would be delivered in 1-3 weeks and the other items in 2 weeks. That's fine. The baby is due in March so we have time. The anticipated delivery date kept getting pushed back (6 times). Finally we received a call that the chair and dresser would be delivered on 1/27.

On 1/26 we received a call asking if we could accept delivery 1 day early. We said sure. The "white glove" delivery arrived on 1/26 with the dresser. The 2 delivery men said they had the picking slip for the chair but could not find it in the warehouse. This is concerning because our credit card was charged for both pieces. In addition, the delivery guys asked that I sign and date for a 1/27 delivery and if I have a complaint to not call until 1/27 because they were not supposed to be working on 1/26. So not only was there no chair and my CC was charged, the delivery men asked me to lie for them about the delivery because they were working when they weren't supposed to be.

It is now 2/16/17 and only the dresser from the original order has been delivered. The chair, curtains and night light are still not delivered and the anticipated delivery date keeps getting pushed later and later into March. It is ridiculous that curtains and a silly nightlight take almost 3 months to be delivered (assuming they are actually delivered in March). We called again on 2/6/17 and were told the chair would be delivered on 2/13/17. Nope. Called again on 2/16/17 and were told 2/22/17.

I have now learned my lesson so I asked to speak to someone in the warehouse. The warehouse informed me that they did not think the vendor would still be supplying this particular chair so we might as well just cancel the order because they doubt it will ever arrive which is funny because customer service told me 5 minutes earlier that their screen was showing a 2/22/17 delivery so clearly another lie. So we cancelled the chair order. However, the website continues to carry this very chair and claims a 1-3 week delivery. Clearly false advertising and questionable practices since they charged my CC for an item they do not have. They also continue to sell the nightlight and curtains on the website but are unable to tell us if/when they will ever be delivered.

We placed an order of over $3,000 in furniture and accessories for the nursery and have had to cancel nearly all of it because they are unable to tell us if/when the items will ever be available. Good luck if you ever order from this company. They charge CC for items they don't have, delivery people ask you to lie for them, and when you call they make up fake delivery dates to string you along.

Apparently Pottery Barn has instituted a new return policy. I have been a customer of theirs for 20 years and have never experienced such terrible service from them before. I purchased a duvet and shams which upon receipt did not match the product I'd seen online. It happens. So I re boxed and noticed there was NO return label provided. So after trying unsuccessfully to request one online I called customer service. Wow!!! Nightmare! The woman was curt and abrasive, and when put on hold by her, she dumped me back on their "hold for help" queue to wait another 15 minutes. This time I ended up with a man who said he couldn't send me a return label online because my order was over $50!!! WHAT! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Asked for address to use to return myself... was told no, they can't do that. Too many outlets to return to, and so wouldn't release that info.

So I asked how the heck do I return this??? Guy said he'd mail me a label. So fine. Well 2 weeks later, still no label. Called again. Was put on hold for another 10 minutes, said he couldn't see where any label had been requested! Geez!!! Put me on hold again to speak to someone. They decided I should put my return out on porch and let UPS come with label and pick up my box! Bottom line... horrendous service, ridiculous procedures, terrible service reps, and the LAST TIME I SHOP THERE unless they revamp their return procedures and deal with the inept people answering their phones. Don't know what happened to this company, but they've seriously declined! As of now, UPS has NOT picked up my return. Please help!

I received a gift at Xmas. It didn't work out for me, and I went to return it. On the gift receipt that I had, said I could get cash refund, within so many days which I was in. When I went to store they refused to give me cash refund. They only would give me store credit, because they said purchaser used a credit card when they bought it. Nothing on receipt states that is how it works. This was a $150.00 present. I will never go in this store again. I can't believe they can get away with this.

I ordered furniture and other items from PB on December 30. Received confirmation that the items had been ordered. Two of the items were white glove items, the other could be mailed. The first item, a $500 mirror was dropped off at 848 PM and Sat on our doorstep all night. Two other items arrived. I called on the 11th and to inquire about delivery. Called again on the 26th and was told both remaining items were in warehouse and would be called about delivery the next day. NO call the next day. I called and was told to call delivery-am 1/2 hr. on hold. Called a supervisor. Supervisor called 2 days later and informed me that bed had never been ordered from their end. Dresser had been ready since Jan. 12. No apology. Told me that if I reordered I would have to wait until late March. Tried to give me number to call shipping. This company HAS to get it together!!

Pottery Barn doesn't have record of return and won't refund. I ordered two rugs for $448 - the rugs were too long (2.5 x 9); then next day ordered two 3 x 5 rugs which fit. Then, using Pottery Barn's online return system, I printed out two return labels. The rugs were dropped off with UPS. I did not keep the tracking info nor did I have to pay for the return. Months went by and I was not refunded. When I called to inquire, I was informed that Pottery Barn did not have a record of a return, nor did they have a record of having issued any returns. As they don't have a tracking number (and I didn't write it down), they will not refund me for the rugs.

The rugs were brand new, in the original packaging and were sent back to Pottery Barn. I was told that "It's too much money to refund without the tracking number." I find it unbelievable that I am supposed absorb this cost. This is a company that claimed to pride itself on good customer service. Clearly, something went awry with their returns system, but the customer shouldn't have to take it on the chin. I am now a very unhappy customer - and I would caution all customers to be wary of returns.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

While Pottery Barn has really tasteful and well-made furniture, their rewards program is a joke. First off, I made two purchases against the 12 financing option. These items were subsequently returned. Unfortunately they were returned as rewards points ending in a negative point balance. When I reached out to Comenity Bank, they referred me to Pottery Barn, who referred me to Comenity bank, who referred me to the store of purchase, who referred me to Comenity bank. I had to give up. There are limited hours in a day.

2 months ago I made a purchase and forgot to provide a $25 certificate code. I called the following day and the customer service agent said it was possible to add it after, and proceeded to take the information. I never saw the credit appear on the account, so subsequently called in. I received an apology and told it would be corrected in 24 hrs. It wasn't. Called in again after I received my statement, told it would be fixed in 24 hrs. And finally today, after 4 calls, I am told the rewards code cannot be applied after the purchase is made. I am sorely disappointed with the lack of knowledge and cohesion between Pottery Barn and its rewards program. It doesn't work. It should not have had to spend hours to get assistance on issues, that I never ended up getting resolved. I will be moving on to another retailer.

DO NOT BUY THIS SOFA!!! It is the most uncomfortable sofa I have ever sat on. It is not available for return or exchange if you buy it. The back cushions are too small, I had to remove them completely and buy 6 pillows for across the back and 2 on the side to make it marginally comfortable. I have to see my chiropractor every time I sit on it for more than 1 hour. I bought the chair and sofa under the recommendation of an interior decorator and chose the Sunbrella performance weave fabric in grey, down option (which was a total waste because I had to discard the down back cushions) and the single bench seat cushion on the couch.

I wanted to be able to use the couch as a guest bed because I am in a tiny 2 bedroom condo. It is comfortable as a bed because the seat is very deep, I think this is why it is so uncomfortable to sit on. I was also disappointed in the fabric, I chose the Sunbrella performance because it was supposed to be the most durable, but my cat's claws (which I trim regularly) snag the fabric very easily. The quality of the build seems to be OK but for the price and due to the no return or exchange policy, I would avoid this purchase!!! I spent well over $3000 for these two items and could have got a very similar product at Living Spaces for 1/2 the price. Sadly Living Spaces opened after I order this sofa and chair.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! On January 5, 2017, after receiving e-mails from them advertising a furniture sale, I went online and carefully chose from various options. (This can be a daunting task if you've never picked out a sofa before). After finally deciding, I purchased a sofa. I was so excited because it was listed for a great sale price, which is why I was there, after being lured from receiving e-mails, and I've been wanting to get rid of my sofa and love seat due to sizing. Once I made my purchase, I started making arrangements and found an interested buyer of both my sofa and love seat. Because of the discount I received on my Pottery Barn purchase, I was able to offer my buyer a very generous price, far less than what they were both valued at.

On 1/16, I received a phone call from PB stating that my order was cancelled due to a pricing discrepancy. They were cancelling my order, due to a mistake THEY made. I spoke with 3 different customer service reps and the only thing that offered to do for me was give a 30% discount on a full priced item. THIS IS A STANDARD DISCOUNT PERCENTAGE AND IS NOT UNIQUE. I am outraged by this company. I have contacted their corporate office, Williams-Sonoma and have even have gone as far as filing a consumer complaint. Next will be a lawsuit This is FALSE ADVERTISING. This is the worst company and I will spend the rest of my life warning people to not spend their money with them.

I recently purchased a beautiful love seat and matching fabric. Was told that I would receive double rewards for the purchase at that time. I opened a credit card and agreed to the terms even though I had another credit card which I should have used. I received my bill and only the 10% was sent back in rewards. After calling multiple time to the customer service and bank was told that the purchase was not under the double rewards since the purchase was not actually charged until it was delivered. Strangely enough they did send the single rewards. At that point I went to the store and we spent 45 minutes on the phone with various people who did not have a clue about their policy. Needless to say I will spend the rewards that I was sent but even now they told me they would charge my card and then credit it back. I really do not know if that will be the truth but at least hope to get the rewards they sent.

I noticed that there was a free shipping offer so I attempted to order the faux fur futon cover and was told it was out of stock. I asked for a rain check and was told that I could not get a rain check. I explained that I felt that it was unfair that I was being punished because they ran out of stock. She said once it was back in stock I could order it but, not use the free shipping offer. I decided to go elsewhere to purchase one. This is a horrible policy. I am finished purchasing for myself and my family from Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma.

During the PotteryBarn Primer Sale we purchased a sectional sofa for our family room. Today, I received an email stating that our order had been canceled because of an error, on their end, with pricing. I figured that it was a mistake, as I have a confirmation for my order. There is nothing on the confirmation that would indicate that for any reason, my order could be canceled.

When I called customer service, they held the position that they have every right to cancel a customer order, if for any reason they find that they have made a mistake or need to make a change to an item. As a customer who has purchased several pieces of furniture from Pottery Barn had my wedding registry with Pottery Barn, and have countless items from Pottery Barn, West Elm, and Williams-Sonoma, I am beyond disappointed with the response that I have received from their customer service department.

I explained that if I had come to the store to purchase an item, and then left the store with my item, they certainly would not come to my home to take it back. When a company makes an error and the customer benefits, I strongly believe that it is in the company's best interest to honor their prices and respect that consumers have a choice in where we spend our money. I explained to the customer service provider that to lose a customer over a mistake on their end, only confirms that Pottery Barn has truly forgotten that it is the consumer that matters most. I can only imagine that when Pottery Barn began to boast themselves as having the finest customer service, they did not mean only sometimes, based on their discretion. As a consumer with many options, I will never spend another penny of my money at Pottery Barn, West Elm, or Williams-Sonoma.

We are extremely disappointed with both the Beverly sofa and love seat. The sofa came with stains on it and had to be returned for service. After only a couple of months, the right seat cushion is noticeably sagging, as are the back cushions. The love seat back and seat cushions are uneven. You slide towards the middle when sitting on it. Both are very uncomfortable!! We thought that perhaps, they needed to be worn in a little... because the store model seemed comfortable. Not so!! It's been months and they are actually more uncomfortable. They are very poor quality. We feel like we got ripped off!!

Our family spent time to pick out several pieces of furniture for our daughter. Uses the zip code to ensure items could be shipped to Hawaii. Got reference code saying standard shipping. Then we went to shopping cart to check out and received message saying item Hampton Storage Bed & Vanity Tower Set, Bed, Hutch, Left & Right Tower, Simply White, Queen, Item #: 2-8000630, Price$3,775.00.

Received following Message: "ORDER DIFFICULTIES. We're sorry, but item 8000630: Hampton Storage Bed & Vanity Tower Set, Bed, Hutch, Left & Right Tower, Simply White, Queen cannot be shipped to HI, the state you have selected in shipping address. If you choose to continue, this item will be removed from your shopping cart. Or you may click Edit Order, and choose a different shipping address." So I called customer service and lady was clueless as to why item could not ship to Hawaii... did not even check with management to find out. Well Pottery Barn, not that you care, but you just lost a $10k to $20k order!!! Terrible service by another large corporation that does not care about customer service.

We have ordered 2 couches, 8 dining chairs, a coffee table, 2 rugs, a bed, etc from PB... Every single time we placed an order the expected shipping date was WRONG and every single item we initially ordered was WRONG. They tell you the item is "available" then you purchase, they charge your card (even before shipping), then say "item temporarily out of stock".

When you try to return the incorrect items, they only provide store credit instead of a full return!!! Their rewards program is a SCAM too... Ex: We had $675 in rewards that never was mailed, so we had the clerk at store look up to use. We bought the coffee table for $800 using our PB credit card. The charges were immediately applied to the card, no rewards money has been credited, and now our statement is due PLUS we still don't have the table!!! We literally have 4 PB gift cards sitting here with 2 rewards because they have screwed up so many times and we are terrified to continue to use them. PLEASE STAY AWAY...

I have ordered in the past and was very happy to see their continued focus on customer service. The bed I ordered arrived early and was delivered in a time that was perfect for me not them. They were very professional and did a great job with installation. The bed was better than I expected and my daughter was very happy. Thank you.

I have no idea if PB will ever see this review or, if they do, that they'll do anything about this, but I'm so appalled at the customer service at the Pottery Barn at Pinnacle Hills Mall in Rogers, AR, that I had to find some way to warn other customers. I went to this PB to inquire about buying a significant amount of furniture -- a sofa, loveseat and chairs. The person who greeted me at the door was unable to help me, so she told me she'd find someone who could. That was a little weird -- aren't sales reps supposed to know about the products their store sells?

After about 20 minutes this woman walks up to me and says, with a scowl, "You're looking for furniture?" I told her I was interested in slip-covered, down-filled furniture. She said that there wasn't anything like that in the store and walked away. Didn't offer to find any for me, didn't offer me a catalog... Nothing. She retreated to her "designer studio" at the back of the store, immediately got on the phone and didn't even look my way again.

I was really, really surprised at her attitude and lack of customer service skills. I was ready to put down thousands of dollars, but she lost the sale. She also lost a life-long PB customer. She may have been having a bad day, but she came off as being arrogant and rude. When I walked in the store I was interested in speaking to a designer about my living room remodel, but I wouldn't do business with this woman if she were the last "designer" on earth. PB needs to send in a secret shopper to this location. I never got the woman's name as our conversation was that quick, but I was there at 2:30 pm on 12/31/16. She was the only "designer" there.

Magnetic whiteboard calendar - I bought this item about 4 months ago. The whiteboard part, which is made of steel, has begun to warp already. Whenever I write schedules on the board it makes noises and starts shaking because it is not firmly stuck to the wooden base board. What a disappointing product!

I am writing about a negative holiday experience today returning a Gabriella salad plate at my local Pottery Barn located in Appleton, WI. First of all my wife and I are very loyal Pottery Barn customers and have literally purchased thousands of dollars in Pottery Barn merchandise over the past couple of years. My story starts out with our Gabriella salad plate cracking inside the microwave when attempting to heat a mini hamburgers for my son. My wife and I heard a loud POP sound in the microwave and when we took the plate out, the plate had a huge crack that ran right through the center of it. I called the store and asked the associate if it was okay if I brought the plate in for an exchange since we no longer had a receipt. The store associate curtly said, "Yes you can bring it in."

So I get to the store with my son and I walk up to Associate #** (Jan or Jane I think she said her name was) and I explained to her that I would like to return a defective plate. She immediately started asking me what I did wrong to cause the plate to crack (in an accusatory tone). She said that I shouldn't overheat the plates as they can crack at "high temperatures." Well I only heated the plate in the microwave for a minute and the plates do say, "microwavable," which typically means that they can be microwaved.

At the register, she said that she needs to search the database to ensure she had the plates in stock. She had a very rude, pretentious tone throughout the return (like I was inconveniencing her). She scolded me when I told her that I didn't have a receipt and then said that just this one time she would replace the plate (by the way my lovely wife usually sends me into these very difficult/uncomfortable situations, knowing that I will get absolutely accosted by the associates).

The associate repeated several times during the return process that I didn't have a receipt for the return (just in case I didn't feel uncomfortable enough) and asked me how many days ago that I purchased the dinnerware (again, standard procedure, but it was the tone that upset me). She also needed to see my drivers license for the return and entered my full drivers license number and expiration date into the computer, which is a very odd practice for a simple exchange.

In the end I did get the plate exchanged, however, I did lose about 15 minutes of my life and felt very dissatisfied in how I was treated as a customer throughout the return process. I could actually have cared a less about if I was actually able to exchange a $10 plate from the premium retailer. She could have completely rejected my request in a calm, polite, nonpretentious manner and I would have been happy as a lark and went on my merry way. However, this associate (and I am guessing that this is not a isolated event) went out of her way to spread her misery upon me during my joyous holiday season, and for that I will forever call this event, "The Pottery Barn Grinch Who Trolls Dishes"!

We ordered a sofa and loveseat (York model), tried sitting on them in the store and they seemed fine. But these are the most uncomfortable pieces of furniture I have ever owned. And of course, since just about everything is custom-made, there is no returning it. The delivery time was fine - came a little early. But after spending $4,000 I wish I liked it more.

As part of a larger furniture order, I ordered a sofa October 7, 2016 with a scheduled delivery range of late December. Mid December I receive notification my order was mishandled somehow and needed to be placed again. A discount was offered, along with the shipping charge waived, so I thought, OK, they are helping to make up for the delay, so I placed the updated order on December 15, 2016, with an anticipated delivery in late February/early March 2017. On December 28 I was notified of another delay, pushing delivery to early June 2017.

This additional delay would put delivery 8 months after the original order was placed; this schedule is unacceptable so I called Pottery Barn on Dec. 29 to cancel the order. I am now being told this is a direct from vendor item, and that all they can do is contact their vendor and "attempt" to cancel the order - with no assurance this can be accomplished. Further, there will be no notification if the order is canceled, I need to call back in a week or so and check with Pottery Barn to see if they were successful in getting the order canceled.

If the order can't be canceled it is their position I should wait 8 months from when it was originally placed to receive the sofa... my position is it is unacceptable to expect a customer to wait through their multiple months (5 total) of delays with no recourse to cancel the order. Compounding the issue is this $5,000 order included coordinated arm chairs and ottoman, which I am informed are ready to be delivered. So I am now stuck with non-returnable chairs, but can't get the coordinated sofa in any reasonable length of time. It seems to be a risky proposition to purchase furniture from Pottery Barn, a risk that I will not take again.

I ordered a gift card on the 11th of December for my girlfriend for Christmas. Well it's Christmas Eve and no card. I go to the tracking page and it states the card was shipped on the 13th. Well 11 days for a card to be delivered seems kind of long even during this time of year. I call customer service and ask if the card has been used or if they can tell me when it was delivered. The guy tells me it was shipped on the 19th and could take up to two weeks to get there. WTF? The site says the 13th he says the 19th. And it's not a package just a letter sized envelope. No response from Pottery Barn, no explanation, nothing. When asked why it wasn't shipped on the 13th like the tracking page said it was, I hear a lot of mumbling about it was given to the USPS and blah blah blah. ** Pottery Barn. Never again.

I have been a long time PB customer, purchasing thousands of dollars of products from both PB and PB kids. However, my recent online purchase experience has been truly disappointing and unacceptable. On 12/6/16, I ordered a holiday item (to be given as gifts). The order was complete with receipt of a confirmation email stating estimated delivery 12/14.

I received an email on 12/13, stating my item was "temporarily out of stock". Nothing further was stated so I called PB to inquire about status. The first rep I spoke with initially told me there was an error and that I should receive the item on 12/19. When I asked whether he could ensure this date, as I explained the items were gifts he then responded with an apology saying he was confused and in fact the item was out of stock and I was already issued a refund. I was never informed that I received a refund and certainly no communication that I would not receive my holiday item, which is time sensitive! I explained that I had the same exact experience with an PB Easter item. That is, PB advertised online that they have an item in stock only to receive an email over a week later stating they are in fact out of stock.

The issue is how to compensate someone for their time. I now will need to find another holiday item, of good quality, which at this point is far more challenging as seasonal items sell out. PB waited over a week to notify me that they never had the item in stock at the time I purchased online. Completely unacceptable and poor business practice. Do not advertise and sell items online if you do not have them in stock!

I requested to speak to a manager, which this rep attempted to transfer me 2 times, resulting in a disconnection both times. I called back and spoke with diff rep, again explaining the entire situation, who ultimately said "sorry". I told him an apology was not sufficient and that PB should honor my order and my loyalty as a very good PB customer by compensating me with another similar item that is in stock for the same sale price I paid. He told me he could not do that. The best he would do is have a "supervisor contact me in 24 hrs". This is truly unacceptable for a company that promulgates "top-notch services to customers".

I made an extensive order online and realized immediately after placing my order that I needed to correct something. Called customer service literally within 5 minutes of placing order and was told I cannot change or cancel my order because it's already been processed! Yet when I received an email saying I would receive another email once my order was processed and hadn't to this point so I know darn well it wasn't processed within 5 minutes of submitting on a Sunday. I am so frustrated right now. Extremely disappointed and will not be placing any more orders for a company who doesn't put customer service first and foremost.

5 days after my purchase the blankets went on sale (50% less!). The PB Teen customer service representative responded to my request for credit with firmly "No way!" For the last several years (almost 12!) I bought a lot of furniture and other products from Pottery Barn, PB Teen, PB Kids, West Elm and Williams-Sonoma. I was even thinking to get a credit card with them as 20% back in rewards sounded very attractive. No way now! I went ahead and unsubscribed from all Williams-Sonoma Inc. online store promotions newsletters. They do not value their EXISTING customers at all. I will avoid them.

I ordered a bedroom set from Pottery Barn in August 2016 that was to be delivered the end of October. The order was then delayed until the end of November, and then again until the end of December. I called and it was promised that I would have it between December 19, 2016 and January 2, 2017. I just logged on again to check the status and now the estimated delivery is January 30 - February 13, 2017! This is completely unacceptable from an order that was of a standard model. Nothing custom about it! Very poor customer service and I would never order from them again. Definitely my first and last experience with Pottery Barn.

Pottery Barn return process is really difficult and their employees all say something different and make it very confusing. I am still uncertain when I will get my money back, after returning their product one month ago. Pottery Barn customer service told me it would be in my account in 2 to 4 weeks. We are going on week 5 and they just told me it would be 4 to 5 days I should see my money back in my account and to call back if it doesn't show up in my account. I gave them their product back over a month ago, I just want my money back. It had a scratch on it and I returned the product the day after receiving it. Don't buy anything you have to return there. You will have to call many times, get really confused and hopefully get your money back.

So I needed a sofa and decided on Black Friday to order the cushy teen lounger sofa light grey from Pottery Barn Teen and then I saw a cuter sofa and placed that order. But had a change of heart 5 MINUTES later. I called customer service and canceled the order. She said "NO problem." Nov 26 --around 11am I called Pottery Barn to confirm they CANCELED my second sofa order. "The cancellation never went thru. I'll make sure it goes thru," replies the Pottery Barn customer service.

Dec 2, 6:30 PM UPS delivers my first sofa. I'm shocked at how BIG the boxes were. The pictures were bit deceptive. I opened the box. The sofa was the wrong sofa. But I attempted to assemble it as I didn't want to charge Pottery Barn to send UPS AGAIN to pick up the wrong sofa Pottery Barn sent in the first place. I was going to keep the wrong sofa--out of the kindness of my heart. Dec 2 11 pm--I tried to put it together and realized the WRONG parts were sent. I called Pottery Barn to schedule pickup of wrong sofa and to ONCE again make sure the other sofa order was canceled which I called twice to cancel anyway.

Monday Dec 5--9:30 am UPS delivered the sofa I canceled 4 TIMES. I refused sofa. I called Pottery Barn AGAIN to let them know a sofa I canceled 4 times arrived at my home and that I refused the delivery. I also complained that on Dec 2 I dropped the sofa on my right foot and I heard a CRACK on my two toes. Dec 5, their Insurance Company calls fr Folsom CA. I told the whole story of how horrible customer service was. They assured me twice UPS would be out Monday to pick up the 6 boxes of the wrong sofa. I waited ALL day Monday. NO UPS. I called Pottery Barn AGAIN. Spoke to Supervisor. "No Problem. UPS will be out Tuesday." I had someone place 2 HUGE boxes outside my door and 4 smaller boxes in lobby. Pottery Barn REPEATEDLY asked me to place heavy boxes in lobby. I told them if they didn't want to get SUED they'd better have UPS pick up the 2 HEAVY boxes from outside my apt.

Tuesday arrives. UPS picks up only 3 boxes and leaves a note. "Pottery Barn only issued call tag for 3 boxes." Though I told Pottery Barn numerous times there were 6 boxes. Tuesday night 9 pm, I spoke to SONYA at Pottery Barn and yelled at her. I told her the only reason Pottery Barn would ship out the wrong sofa; then ship out a sofa I canceled 5 times, then charge my credit card for BOTH was to swindle the customer. Then not pick up 3 of the 6 boxes I repeatedly told them was in my lobby and outside my apt for pickup. BOTTOM LINE: NEVER EVER ORDER anything from Pottery Barn Teen or its affiliates UNLESS you'd like to waste your life away talking to stupid customer service people.

I ordered two robes monogrammed. I within 1 minute realized I ordered inadvertently the wrong robe. I immediately called and spoke to cici on the phone. She said she couldn't take care of it that night but would the next day. I noticed it not taken care of the next day, so I called. I spoke to Virginia first, and she forward me to Toni in customer service, who told me she couldn't cancel it now because of the holidays!!? What? She said it could have been cancelled last night, but now that it's already processed, she couldn't. I told her about cici, but she said she couldn't change it. Thus I will never return to pottery barn.

Ordered dining chairs online. Called within 24 hours to cancel as it was over 2 months before would receive. Told I called in time, would cancel before order rec'd by vendor and would call me back in 2 days to confirm. Never heard anything. Emailed Pottery Barn several weeks later to make sure everything was in order. Told by 4 different "sales people" after telling my story over and over that I was given the wrong information and that order could not be cancelled. I will be filing fraud with my bank, with Visa and with my state's Consumer Protection agency. I've spent over $100,000 with this company over the years - they are not getting a single additional cent from me. There are many other, more "customer-friendly" companies out there that I'm sure appreciate having the business.

I have ordered a wrong size of a rug online. The rug was labeled as a Final Sale with price tag ending at .99. After making many phone call the very next day I received the rug, there was no way to exchange this smaller rug with the bigger one I meant to order in the beginning. Even so, it was my mistake not selecting a right size online. I felt very frustrating that something silly like this couldn't be fixed. All I was hoping for was the same style of the rug but the correct size.

Pottery Barn Company Profile