Pottery Barn

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I noticed that there was a free shipping offer so I attempted to order the faux fur futon cover and was told it was out of stock. I asked for a rain check and was told that I could not get a rain check. I explained that I felt that it was unfair that I was being punished because they ran out of stock. She said once it was back in stock I could order it but, not use the free shipping offer. I decided to go elsewhere to purchase one. This is a horrible policy. I am finished purchasing for myself and my family from Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma.

During the PotteryBarn Primer Sale we purchased a sectional sofa for our family room. Today, I received an email stating that our order had been canceled because of an error, on their end, with pricing. I figured that it was a mistake, as I have a confirmation for my order. There is nothing on the confirmation that would indicate that for any reason, my order could be canceled.

When I called customer service, they held the position that they have every right to cancel a customer order, if for any reason they find that they have made a mistake or need to make a change to an item. As a customer who has purchased several pieces of furniture from Pottery Barn had my wedding registry with Pottery Barn, and have countless items from Pottery Barn, West Elm, and Williams-Sonoma, I am beyond disappointed with the response that I have received from their customer service department.

I explained that if I had come to the store to purchase an item, and then left the store with my item, they certainly would not come to my home to take it back. When a company makes an error and the customer benefits, I strongly believe that it is in the company's best interest to honor their prices and respect that consumers have a choice in where we spend our money. I explained to the customer service provider that to lose a customer over a mistake on their end, only confirms that Pottery Barn has truly forgotten that it is the consumer that matters most. I can only imagine that when Pottery Barn began to boast themselves as having the finest customer service, they did not mean only sometimes, based on their discretion. As a consumer with many options, I will never spend another penny of my money at Pottery Barn, West Elm, or Williams-Sonoma.

We are extremely disappointed with both the Beverly sofa and love seat. The sofa came with stains on it and had to be returned for service. After only a couple of months, the right seat cushion is noticeably sagging, as are the back cushions. The love seat back and seat cushions are uneven. You slide towards the middle when sitting on it. Both are very uncomfortable!! We thought that perhaps, they needed to be worn in a little... because the store model seemed comfortable. Not so!! It's been months and they are actually more uncomfortable. They are very poor quality. We feel like we got ripped off!!

Our family spent time to pick out several pieces of furniture for our daughter. Uses the zip code to ensure items could be shipped to Hawaii. Got reference code saying standard shipping. Then we went to shopping cart to check out and received message saying item Hampton Storage Bed & Vanity Tower Set, Bed, Hutch, Left & Right Tower, Simply White, Queen, Item #: 2-8000630, Price$3,775.00.

Received following Message: "ORDER DIFFICULTIES. We're sorry, but item 8000630: Hampton Storage Bed & Vanity Tower Set, Bed, Hutch, Left & Right Tower, Simply White, Queen cannot be shipped to HI, the state you have selected in shipping address. If you choose to continue, this item will be removed from your shopping cart. Or you may click Edit Order, and choose a different shipping address." So I called customer service and lady was clueless as to why item could not ship to Hawaii... did not even check with management to find out. Well Pottery Barn, not that you care, but you just lost a $10k to $20k order!!! Terrible service by another large corporation that does not care about customer service.

We have ordered 2 couches, 8 dining chairs, a coffee table, 2 rugs, a bed, etc from PB... Every single time we placed an order the expected shipping date was WRONG and every single item we initially ordered was WRONG. They tell you the item is "available" then you purchase, they charge your card (even before shipping), then say "item temporarily out of stock".

When you try to return the incorrect items, they only provide store credit instead of a full return!!! Their rewards program is a SCAM too... Ex: We had $675 in rewards that never was mailed, so we had the clerk at store look up to use. We bought the coffee table for $800 using our PB credit card. The charges were immediately applied to the card, no rewards money has been credited, and now our statement is due PLUS we still don't have the table!!! We literally have 4 PB gift cards sitting here with 2 rewards because they have screwed up so many times and we are terrified to continue to use them. PLEASE STAY AWAY...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

I have ordered in the past and was very happy to see their continued focus on customer service. The bed I ordered arrived early and was delivered in a time that was perfect for me not them. They were very professional and did a great job with installation. The bed was better than I expected and my daughter was very happy. Thank you.

I have no idea if PB will ever see this review or, if they do, that they'll do anything about this, but I'm so appalled at the customer service at the Pottery Barn at Pinnacle Hills Mall in Rogers, AR, that I had to find some way to warn other customers. I went to this PB to inquire about buying a significant amount of furniture -- a sofa, loveseat and chairs. The person who greeted me at the door was unable to help me, so she told me she'd find someone who could. That was a little weird -- aren't sales reps supposed to know about the products their store sells?

After about 20 minutes this woman walks up to me and says, with a scowl, "You're looking for furniture?" I told her I was interested in slip-covered, down-filled furniture. She said that there wasn't anything like that in the store and walked away. Didn't offer to find any for me, didn't offer me a catalog... Nothing. She retreated to her "designer studio" at the back of the store, immediately got on the phone and didn't even look my way again.

I was really, really surprised at her attitude and lack of customer service skills. I was ready to put down thousands of dollars, but she lost the sale. She also lost a life-long PB customer. She may have been having a bad day, but she came off as being arrogant and rude. When I walked in the store I was interested in speaking to a designer about my living room remodel, but I wouldn't do business with this woman if she were the last "designer" on earth. PB needs to send in a secret shopper to this location. I never got the woman's name as our conversation was that quick, but I was there at 2:30 pm on 12/31/16. She was the only "designer" there.

Magnetic whiteboard calendar - I bought this item about 4 months ago. The whiteboard part, which is made of steel, has begun to warp already. Whenever I write schedules on the board it makes noises and starts shaking because it is not firmly stuck to the wooden base board. What a disappointing product!

I am writing about a negative holiday experience today returning a Gabriella salad plate at my local Pottery Barn located in Appleton, WI. First of all my wife and I are very loyal Pottery Barn customers and have literally purchased thousands of dollars in Pottery Barn merchandise over the past couple of years. My story starts out with our Gabriella salad plate cracking inside the microwave when attempting to heat a mini hamburgers for my son. My wife and I heard a loud POP sound in the microwave and when we took the plate out, the plate had a huge crack that ran right through the center of it. I called the store and asked the associate if it was okay if I brought the plate in for an exchange since we no longer had a receipt. The store associate curtly said, "Yes you can bring it in."

So I get to the store with my son and I walk up to Associate #** (Jan or Jane I think she said her name was) and I explained to her that I would like to return a defective plate. She immediately started asking me what I did wrong to cause the plate to crack (in an accusatory tone). She said that I shouldn't overheat the plates as they can crack at "high temperatures." Well I only heated the plate in the microwave for a minute and the plates do say, "microwavable," which typically means that they can be microwaved.

At the register, she said that she needs to search the database to ensure she had the plates in stock. She had a very rude, pretentious tone throughout the return (like I was inconveniencing her). She scolded me when I told her that I didn't have a receipt and then said that just this one time she would replace the plate (by the way my lovely wife usually sends me into these very difficult/uncomfortable situations, knowing that I will get absolutely accosted by the associates).

The associate repeated several times during the return process that I didn't have a receipt for the return (just in case I didn't feel uncomfortable enough) and asked me how many days ago that I purchased the dinnerware (again, standard procedure, but it was the tone that upset me). She also needed to see my drivers license for the return and entered my full drivers license number and expiration date into the computer, which is a very odd practice for a simple exchange.

In the end I did get the plate exchanged, however, I did lose about 15 minutes of my life and felt very dissatisfied in how I was treated as a customer throughout the return process. I could actually have cared a less about if I was actually able to exchange a $10 plate from the premium retailer. She could have completely rejected my request in a calm, polite, nonpretentious manner and I would have been happy as a lark and went on my merry way. However, this associate (and I am guessing that this is not a isolated event) went out of her way to spread her misery upon me during my joyous holiday season, and for that I will forever call this event, "The Pottery Barn Grinch Who Trolls Dishes"!

We ordered a sofa and loveseat (York model), tried sitting on them in the store and they seemed fine. But these are the most uncomfortable pieces of furniture I have ever owned. And of course, since just about everything is custom-made, there is no returning it. The delivery time was fine - came a little early. But after spending $4,000 I wish I liked it more.

As part of a larger furniture order, I ordered a sofa October 7, 2016 with a scheduled delivery range of late December. Mid December I receive notification my order was mishandled somehow and needed to be placed again. A discount was offered, along with the shipping charge waived, so I thought, OK, they are helping to make up for the delay, so I placed the updated order on December 15, 2016, with an anticipated delivery in late February/early March 2017. On December 28 I was notified of another delay, pushing delivery to early June 2017.

This additional delay would put delivery 8 months after the original order was placed; this schedule is unacceptable so I called Pottery Barn on Dec. 29 to cancel the order. I am now being told this is a direct from vendor item, and that all they can do is contact their vendor and "attempt" to cancel the order - with no assurance this can be accomplished. Further, there will be no notification if the order is canceled, I need to call back in a week or so and check with Pottery Barn to see if they were successful in getting the order canceled.

If the order can't be canceled it is their position I should wait 8 months from when it was originally placed to receive the sofa... my position is it is unacceptable to expect a customer to wait through their multiple months (5 total) of delays with no recourse to cancel the order. Compounding the issue is this $5,000 order included coordinated arm chairs and ottoman, which I am informed are ready to be delivered. So I am now stuck with non-returnable chairs, but can't get the coordinated sofa in any reasonable length of time. It seems to be a risky proposition to purchase furniture from Pottery Barn, a risk that I will not take again.

I ordered a gift card on the 11th of December for my girlfriend for Christmas. Well it's Christmas Eve and no card. I go to the tracking page and it states the card was shipped on the 13th. Well 11 days for a card to be delivered seems kind of long even during this time of year. I call customer service and ask if the card has been used or if they can tell me when it was delivered. The guy tells me it was shipped on the 19th and could take up to two weeks to get there. WTF? The site says the 13th he says the 19th. And it's not a package just a letter sized envelope. No response from Pottery Barn, no explanation, nothing. When asked why it wasn't shipped on the 13th like the tracking page said it was, I hear a lot of mumbling about it was given to the USPS and blah blah blah. ** Pottery Barn. Never again.

I have been a long time PB customer, purchasing thousands of dollars of products from both PB and PB kids. However, my recent online purchase experience has been truly disappointing and unacceptable. On 12/6/16, I ordered a holiday item (to be given as gifts). The order was complete with receipt of a confirmation email stating estimated delivery 12/14.

I received an email on 12/13, stating my item was "temporarily out of stock". Nothing further was stated so I called PB to inquire about status. The first rep I spoke with initially told me there was an error and that I should receive the item on 12/19. When I asked whether he could ensure this date, as I explained the items were gifts he then responded with an apology saying he was confused and in fact the item was out of stock and I was already issued a refund. I was never informed that I received a refund and certainly no communication that I would not receive my holiday item, which is time sensitive! I explained that I had the same exact experience with an PB Easter item. That is, PB advertised online that they have an item in stock only to receive an email over a week later stating they are in fact out of stock.

The issue is how to compensate someone for their time. I now will need to find another holiday item, of good quality, which at this point is far more challenging as seasonal items sell out. PB waited over a week to notify me that they never had the item in stock at the time I purchased online. Completely unacceptable and poor business practice. Do not advertise and sell items online if you do not have them in stock!

I requested to speak to a manager, which this rep attempted to transfer me 2 times, resulting in a disconnection both times. I called back and spoke with diff rep, again explaining the entire situation, who ultimately said "sorry". I told him an apology was not sufficient and that PB should honor my order and my loyalty as a very good PB customer by compensating me with another similar item that is in stock for the same sale price I paid. He told me he could not do that. The best he would do is have a "supervisor contact me in 24 hrs". This is truly unacceptable for a company that promulgates "top-notch services to customers".

I made an extensive order online and realized immediately after placing my order that I needed to correct something. Called customer service literally within 5 minutes of placing order and was told I cannot change or cancel my order because it's already been processed! Yet when I received an email saying I would receive another email once my order was processed and hadn't to this point so I know darn well it wasn't processed within 5 minutes of submitting on a Sunday. I am so frustrated right now. Extremely disappointed and will not be placing any more orders for a company who doesn't put customer service first and foremost.

5 days after my purchase the blankets went on sale (50% less!). The PB Teen customer service representative responded to my request for credit with firmly "No way!" For the last several years (almost 12!) I bought a lot of furniture and other products from Pottery Barn, PB Teen, PB Kids, West Elm and Williams-Sonoma. I was even thinking to get a credit card with them as 20% back in rewards sounded very attractive. No way now! I went ahead and unsubscribed from all Williams-Sonoma Inc. online store promotions newsletters. They do not value their EXISTING customers at all. I will avoid them.

I ordered a bedroom set from Pottery Barn in August 2016 that was to be delivered the end of October. The order was then delayed until the end of November, and then again until the end of December. I called and it was promised that I would have it between December 19, 2016 and January 2, 2017. I just logged on again to check the status and now the estimated delivery is January 30 - February 13, 2017! This is completely unacceptable from an order that was of a standard model. Nothing custom about it! Very poor customer service and I would never order from them again. Definitely my first and last experience with Pottery Barn.

Pottery Barn return process is really difficult and their employees all say something different and make it very confusing. I am still uncertain when I will get my money back, after returning their product one month ago. Pottery Barn customer service told me it would be in my account in 2 to 4 weeks. We are going on week 5 and they just told me it would be 4 to 5 days I should see my money back in my account and to call back if it doesn't show up in my account. I gave them their product back over a month ago, I just want my money back. It had a scratch on it and I returned the product the day after receiving it. Don't buy anything you have to return there. You will have to call many times, get really confused and hopefully get your money back.

So I needed a sofa and decided on Black Friday to order the cushy teen lounger sofa light grey from Pottery Barn Teen and then I saw a cuter sofa and placed that order. But had a change of heart 5 MINUTES later. I called customer service and canceled the order. She said "NO problem." Nov 26 --around 11am I called Pottery Barn to confirm they CANCELED my second sofa order. "The cancellation never went thru. I'll make sure it goes thru," replies the Pottery Barn customer service.

Dec 2, 6:30 PM UPS delivers my first sofa. I'm shocked at how BIG the boxes were. The pictures were bit deceptive. I opened the box. The sofa was the wrong sofa. But I attempted to assemble it as I didn't want to charge Pottery Barn to send UPS AGAIN to pick up the wrong sofa Pottery Barn sent in the first place. I was going to keep the wrong sofa--out of the kindness of my heart. Dec 2 11 pm--I tried to put it together and realized the WRONG parts were sent. I called Pottery Barn to schedule pickup of wrong sofa and to ONCE again make sure the other sofa order was canceled which I called twice to cancel anyway.

Monday Dec 5--9:30 am UPS delivered the sofa I canceled 4 TIMES. I refused sofa. I called Pottery Barn AGAIN to let them know a sofa I canceled 4 times arrived at my home and that I refused the delivery. I also complained that on Dec 2 I dropped the sofa on my right foot and I heard a CRACK on my two toes. Dec 5, their Insurance Company calls fr Folsom CA. I told the whole story of how horrible customer service was. They assured me twice UPS would be out Monday to pick up the 6 boxes of the wrong sofa. I waited ALL day Monday. NO UPS. I called Pottery Barn AGAIN. Spoke to Supervisor. "No Problem. UPS will be out Tuesday." I had someone place 2 HUGE boxes outside my door and 4 smaller boxes in lobby. Pottery Barn REPEATEDLY asked me to place heavy boxes in lobby. I told them if they didn't want to get SUED they'd better have UPS pick up the 2 HEAVY boxes from outside my apt.

Tuesday arrives. UPS picks up only 3 boxes and leaves a note. "Pottery Barn only issued call tag for 3 boxes." Though I told Pottery Barn numerous times there were 6 boxes. Tuesday night 9 pm, I spoke to SONYA at Pottery Barn and yelled at her. I told her the only reason Pottery Barn would ship out the wrong sofa; then ship out a sofa I canceled 5 times, then charge my credit card for BOTH was to swindle the customer. Then not pick up 3 of the 6 boxes I repeatedly told them was in my lobby and outside my apt for pickup. BOTTOM LINE: NEVER EVER ORDER anything from Pottery Barn Teen or its affiliates UNLESS you'd like to waste your life away talking to stupid customer service people.

I ordered two robes monogrammed. I within 1 minute realized I ordered inadvertently the wrong robe. I immediately called and spoke to cici on the phone. She said she couldn't take care of it that night but would the next day. I noticed it not taken care of the next day, so I called. I spoke to Virginia first, and she forward me to Toni in customer service, who told me she couldn't cancel it now because of the holidays!!? What? She said it could have been cancelled last night, but now that it's already processed, she couldn't. I told her about cici, but she said she couldn't change it. Thus I will never return to pottery barn.

Ordered dining chairs online. Called within 24 hours to cancel as it was over 2 months before would receive. Told I called in time, would cancel before order rec'd by vendor and would call me back in 2 days to confirm. Never heard anything. Emailed Pottery Barn several weeks later to make sure everything was in order. Told by 4 different "sales people" after telling my story over and over that I was given the wrong information and that order could not be cancelled. I will be filing fraud with my bank, with Visa and with my state's Consumer Protection agency. I've spent over $100,000 with this company over the years - they are not getting a single additional cent from me. There are many other, more "customer-friendly" companies out there that I'm sure appreciate having the business.

I have ordered a wrong size of a rug online. The rug was labeled as a Final Sale with price tag ending at .99. After making many phone call the very next day I received the rug, there was no way to exchange this smaller rug with the bigger one I meant to order in the beginning. Even so, it was my mistake not selecting a right size online. I felt very frustrating that something silly like this couldn't be fixed. All I was hoping for was the same style of the rug but the correct size.

Be aware - if you are returning merchandise after 30 days you will not receive a credit. New, original packaging, with a receipt will get you a gift card. After purchasing an $800 carpet, waiting for our new floor to be installed, when the carpet clashed we were unable to receive a true refund. I checked with a few other large retailers whose policies are much more consumer driven. You may want to do the same.

I hope everyone who is considering purchasing furniture from Pottery Barn sees this site and takes warning from the reviews. I'm 3 months into my bed buying experience with Pottery Barn and it's been such a horrible experience. It's almost comical. After receiving great service in-store with a designer helping select and purchase a bed, I was excited to receive my daughter's bunk bed within the scheduled time. But, delivery day was the beginning of my nightmare. I should have known things weren't going well when the delivery company took a table off the truck instead of a bed. After getting the correct piece of furniture in my house, they realized the hardware wasn't with the bed. Would seem easy enough to send hardware, but no. The local delivery company directed me back to Pottery Barn where the customer service person told me they had to wait until the delivery people filed a report. Said they would call me back.

Two business days later with no callback, I called Pottery Barn again. Person that day said she would have the hardware sent to my house and I would be contacted by the delivery company for setup. After a week and no callback, I called again. Finally got to a customer service person who was responsive. She advised that the hardware was on backorder and I was better off getting a new bed – which was also on backorder but not as long. I had to call the delivery company myself to arrange pick up of the bed with no hardware. Delivery company said that it didn't make sense to send a new bed and they could send hardware. I then received a follow-up from Pottery Barn saying they were picking up the old bed.

When I followed up with delivery company, they confirmed hardware was on backorder and I would get a new bed. Scheduled delivery for old bed to be picked up and new bed delivered same day. But, when delivery company came to pick up the old bed, they didn't have the new bed and didn't know anything about it. After another series of phone calls to PB and the delivery company, the new bed was delivered and assembled. When my daughter came home from school, she advised that the bed was assembled incorrectly and several pieces were in the wrong spot vs. the photo.

Another call to PB and the delivery company and another schedule of the delivery company to fix the bed. Delivery company showed up to fix the bed assembly – and didn't have the right size wrench to fix the bed!!! My situation still isn't resolved. I just know this has been the worst furniture buying experience of my life. And I should mention that every "call" to PB and the delivery company–national and local–involved long hold times, getting cut off, calls back and forth. I have my cellphone records to document the 30+ phone calls–not to mention emails–just to get a bed delivered. Crazy bad service. Don't know how they're still in business.

The surcharges and exorbitant shipping charges for furniture at Pottery Barn make shopping there a very unpleasant experience. It is bad enough their furniture is overpriced for what it is but the additional charges and ridiculous rules push customers like me right over the top. Rules change constantly and the price is never the price. I'm amazed they sell any furniture at all with their absurd business model.

I placed an order in July for a bathroom vanity that was scheduled to be delivered the first week of September. When I never got a follow-up call/email about shipment, I called the Pottery Barn customer service # and was put on hold for over 30 minutes on three different occasions. I finally gave up and contacted someone at the end of September, and was told that the vanity was not going to be shipped until the end of January 2017! The contractor I am using was waiting on the vanity and it was a disappointment as we had measured/planned the PB vanity to fit in the space. The customer service is terrible and the follow up on items that are backordered is inept! It is up to you (the consumer) to call them and check on your order, and good luck getting a real person on the phone! Beware... The catalog has very pretty vanities and not many are really in stock!!

I ordered 3 items from Pottery Barn, 1 of which was back ordered and charged separately. I returned all 3 items. Two items were 3 days past the 30 day return window, but the back ordered item was returned within 30 days. A merchandise credit was issued for the entire purchase, but not a refund to my credit card (per website company policy) for the item returned on time. I called to inquire and ask for the appropriate refund.

On the first customer service phone call, I rudely was told everything was returned after 30 days, despite having a UPS tracking slip in front of me and the Pottery Barn website to prove otherwise. On the second phone call, I was denied being connected to a manager, told that nothing would be done despite the website policy stating the return policy. And despite this customer service rep stating there was no one else to speak with, and she could't do anything, she kept stating, "They aren't going to do anything." Who is they? I was also told that the 30 day return window begins when you order the product which is stated nowhere on the website or receipts. This is absurd considering it was a back ordered and shipped item.

I have never written a bad review of a company, service, etc., but this experience is so outrageous to me. Having worked in retail for years, this is the worst customer service experience I have encountered. Considering the cost of their products, shipping charges, etc, you would expect top-notch customer service. Pottery Barn flatly refused to honor their own return policy and have permanently lost me as a customer.

I worked with Pottery Barn for six weeks trying to order my custom fabric bed frame and headboard. Every time I made a decision and was ready to write up the order, which took a lot of time both in store and on the phone. I was told the rules had changed, the prices had changed or the fabric was not really available! Finally, I ordered the most inexpensive, 'always available' plain cream linen... that is their standard in store model... I ordered it. I was told it would arrive within 6-8 weeks, but expect three weeks because it is so common. (Yea, just what I wanted... common. But I was desperate.) It still has not arrived 13 weeks later! It took me three days and over 2 hours of phone calls to find out it is on ETERNAL BACK ORDER!!! No telling when I can get it. SERIOUSLY? They never bothered to let me know. NEVER AGAIN POTTERY BARN.

I opened an account and made several large orders from Pottery Barn this year with the promise of a 10% rebate in the form of gift certificates that can be applied to the subsequent orders. Each time you make the order they do not apply the certificate on the phone, they tell you that it will be reflected on you the card statement later. I assumed that they would be honest about this. I later found they did not apply any of the certificates. I called to complain and they were extremely rude on the phone. They said they would review tapes of the conversations and call me back. I never received a callback.

I called again and had to start fresh with another extremely rude customer service agent. Long story short they have screwed me out of over $1,500 in promised rebates. I spent over 15,000 with Pottery Barn and have never been treated more poorly by any retail company in my life. I'm currently talking to an attorney not because I expect to recover much, but because I refuse to let this company steal from its customers on principle.

Consumer Increased Rating!
My Resolution Journey: My first phone call: I had to persevere with an outrageously rude customer service rep named Joanna. She insisted multiple times there was no need to talk to her supervisor because they would tell me the same thing she was telling me and that she couldn't transfer me anyway. I had given her one choice, transfer me or I would persist anyway possible, including legally! After an extended hold time, I was transferred to Daniel. Daniel immediately told me Joanna had filled him in and she was correct. There was nothing else to be done. I insisted it's illegal to tell a person one price on the phone then charge them a higher price without notifying them of the change! It was clear, Daniel the supervisor was educated in the same customer service school as Joanna ,because when I asked for his supervisor he said, he wouldn't give me that information because....they would say the same thing he and Joanna were saying! I persisted, and he conceded he could give me their email address. Of course, I was astonished in today's day and age that his supervisor didn't have a phone? When Daniel realized I wasn't going away until I had a phone number, he finally gave me a phone number! How painful is this?

Ultimately, I got a call back from Kenya, who was cheerful, apologetic about my story thus far and committed to giving me true customer service. We came to a resolution even though I did not receive the full amount of my rewards certificate ($350 out of $500) I'm satisfied with the resolution. After spending $9,400 with Pottery Barn in the last year, and an approximate total of $15,000 in the past 15 years I wish great customer service would have been a seamless process. I will definitely think twice about making any future major purchases with this company. Pottery Barn needs to have more representatives that are professional and solution-oriented like Kenya.

k. of Fairfield, CT on

Original Review

I made a purchase using my $500 rewards from the $5200.00 dining set I had previously purchased. I was buying one more dining chair and a desk credenza. The representative and I talked, and using my rewards and a 15% off discount my total would be $279.00 and she placed my order and took my credit card. Fast forward over a month when I checked my credit card bill, I was billed $600! I just got off the phone with multiple rude representatives that argued with me and talked over me, saying I didn't use my Pottery Barn credit card so the rewards of $500 could not be applied!

Somehow this is my fault because it says so on the back of the rewards certificate! It's not their fault their representative took my order and quoted me a price based on what we discussed, but it's my fault for not reading the fine print on the back of the certificate! Isn't that illegal to tell a customer you are charging them one price and then charge them more without notice? They are now saying there is nothing they can do, it's done!

Worst customer service from Pottery Barn Kids! I purchased a desk from Pottery Barn Kids and it arrived with two defected legs. I called customer service immediately and was told that they were going to ship me the replaced parts. I waited for one month but nothing happened. I called again and got the same answer. However still nothing happened for two months. I called a third time. This time I was told I was responsible for uninstalling the desk, packing it well, and shipping it back, and otherwise they would do nothing for me. I have purchased furniture from multiple brands and Pottery Barn Kids was the worst in terms of customer service. They don't care about customers at all.

Pottery Barn Company Profile