3.35/5
Based on 1,157 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Pottery Barn

Looking for a good furniture store?

1181 Pottery Barn Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I chose these high quality, burnished leather dining chairs to pair with my new live edge table. I ordered online, was sent an arrival date, followed by a notice to schedule delivery. All went smoothly throughout the process, chairs arrived on time, were very well packaged and were set up by two very competent and courteous men. The chairs are beautiful, sturdy and comfortable. They are shown here in my dining room. The result is as good as I could have hoped for.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I ordered the Tallulah sofa in a custom upholstery. The website said it would take 10-12 weeks. I received a confirmation email directly after my purchase with a date range for when my product would arrive (April 23- May 2). 10 weeks later my credit card was billed so I knew I must be getting close. 11 weeks later I received a phone call from their delivery service to set up a coordinating date for delivery. 12 weeks later (April 27th) I received my sofa. I had no problems but I also did not have to deal with customer service at any point in the process.

The sofa itself I have had for a day so it is too soon to review. I will say that it is a performance fabric velvet and my fuzzy blanket likes to leave little fuzz balls all over it. The fabric indeed collects these fuzzy remnants and that's a bit annoying. However, I plan to buy a lint roller and obsessively roll the sofa. I would not recommend their custom velvet if you have a pet that sheds. That would be a recipe for a fur covered sofa. Hope this was helpful.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I purchased two sofas and two chairs in November 2018 from Pottery Barn in Pasadena. Mary was great! She went out of her way to accommodate me, in that she personally viewed the carpet I was intending to buy (by leaving the store) to make sure I picked the right color. She even got the the 40% discount after the sale. I knew that the furniture takes about 3 months to get delivered, so I planned accordingly. The furniture was about 1 week overdue, but the furniture was perfect and the delivery men professional. I went back and ordered two lamps that arrived 2 days later and then I placed an online order for pillows that came within a week! I plan on buying an Ottoman next!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I purchased a wooden bed frame for $1,000 from this location one year ago. From the get go, I had issues with the bed and actually had someone come out from the PB Customer Service team to fix the drawer that kept snapping off when I was trying to access stored clothes. Fast forward to my move from NYC to Portland, Oregon and my movers pointed out to me that there was a huge crack in the center of the bed frame. In the midst of a move, my options were to pay to have a broken piece of furniture delivered across the country or discard the bed. I threw away the bed and am now in the market for a new one. After contacting Pottery Barn customer service and speaking to them on the phone for 45 minutes (mostly on hold), they offered me 20% off a new bed, which is less than their Labor Day sale...I noted that my investment in such an expensive piece of furniture was in hopes that it would last me years.

The customer service supervisor I spoke with noted, "that was your decision to spend that money." I'm appalled that a legacy brand like Pottery Barn could have such horrible support for their customers - especially ones who have spent over $6K with them in the past year. My recommendation is to opt for a DTC furniture company that actually stands behind their products. We won't ever be shopping at Pottery Barn again.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I ordered a customized sofa with Pottery Barn because the delivery window was 5-8 weeks. It is now week 16 and I have had zero communication (aside from MY weekly calls, where I am reassured I will be contacted that week) and still no sofa. Complete joke. Don’t waste your time or your money. There is zero customer service and no regard for the impact such items have on their consumer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

There is no reason why these can't be returned. They aren't unique or a specialty item. There's no notice that they aren't eligible for returns. Their thread doesn't work with the curtain rods, so you can't screw them into a curtain rod. Totally unusable.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I ordered 12 acrylic glasses from Pottery Barn for over $67. I was completely disappointed when they arrived and were thin, lightweight, and had clear mold impressions down their sides. The most disappointing issue was that there was a large stamp clearly visible at each base that read "MADE IN CHINA" that anyone could see even while the glasses were resting on a table because they projected through the base. I will never make the mistake of ordering from them again because their site does not post customer reviews that would have warned me of this issue.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

This company is rapidly going downhill. Try to order something online. Never available unless you pick up at store and then NOT available in your area! Try to find where it is available. They won't ship it. Ugh! Beware of their REWARDS program. I used my $50 reward certificate on 2 pillow covers and after receiving them I returned them because they were not quite what I had thought. I checked my statement...no credit for that certificate. Basically you LOSE it completely. Spoke with "customer service" (after being on hold forever) and was basically told "Too bad...reward is lost!" I am quickly closing my account and will NOT be purchasing from them again! Horrible company. Cannot see them remaining in business!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I am very disappointed in the customer service of Pottery Barn. I recently purchased a couch over $7,000 which was indicated a 12 week white glove delivery service. I placed the order back in May. Still waiting.... I have contacted Customer Service on the phone now twice, to tell me absolutely nothing. They are rude and only are able to tell me they will contact you once it is ready. They are now telling me it will be available in October. If I would have done better research I would not have ordered through them. I was mistaken that Pottery Barn is not a reputable company and would not order from them again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Waited 2 weeks for my area rug to arrive and when I unpackaged it, it was totally different from What I ordered. Not even close, different colour, SKU # just way off. This item was supposed to be available online and I found out through a local store it’s not in stock across NA until October. Probably just accepted the order and shipped out whatever. Now I’m responsible to send it back and wait weeks to be refunded. Terrible experience all around.

Pottery Barn Company Information