2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.7/5 (2376 ratings)

About Pottery Barn

Pottery Barn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: July 7, 2021

I ordered a chair that was on sale. I got to select the day for delivery. Delivery was impressively accurate. Flawless experience. I received both text message and email given me the time window they would arrive. The estimate was 7:44am. They literally pulled up at 7:44am. As for the chair, it exceeded my expectations. Perfect condition and exactly how I pictured it, not having seen it in person. I'll continue to build out my living room slowly, but I will always use Pottery Barn until it's complete.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I like their furniture decor as related today in era. I believe that style evolves, but quality is timeless. The original designs, premium materials and artisan craftmanship that Pottery Barn produce can be loved for a lifetime.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I went to the store and the associates are very helpful and knowledgeable to help me out and suggest other options as well. Also, she suggested that the items were on sale so I paid less than what I expected. It was great. Also, the product fits to my living perfectly. I was very pleased by their level of service and the quality of the product.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Love Pottery Barn but their computer system is very outdated. That is the only bad side that I can think of. However, their staff is wonderful and helpful. The stores usually have all of the samples or at least a type of the sample that you would need. Sales are good and using their credit card helps you get bonus bucks!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I’m a newer homeowner and trying as a single older person to figure how to measure and decide what size to buy over a kitchen island was very difficult. Looking at Pottery Barn I saw they have a help service. I contacted them. A very nice gentleman had me measure how long and how wide the island is and was able to tell me a size range for my pendant lights. Very helpful.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Absolute worst customer service. I ordered furniture that is supposed to be delivered and they confirmed it was coming today only to then make excuses: "You must have forgotten to click Confirm" (but I got confirmation emails assigning me a time slot for delivery), "what it sent you was a glitch message for thank you cards" (that I did not order so not sure why that is even part of my order), "a new agent called you by mistake so we will let them know not to do that again". How about, "We are sorry for the inconvenience and it should not have happened," instead of rude representatives acting like it was my fault. Extremely disappointing for a company this big.

Hello Anna,

Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn.

We are so sorry to hear about your experience with our company. Can you please provide your order information in a private response or email support@potterybarn.com so that we can research your order and further assist you?

Christi T.

Pottery Barn

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Ordered $20K worth of furniture in mid-April, and was told most items would be in by the end of the summer. Seven months later, out of 18 items, I have received 4. And have been told I will be lucky to see any more by the end of the year. The computer system is so screwed up it shows most items were ready to deliver months ago and just need a delivery date. And items that I have actually received are designated as outstanding! But when I call to check, I'm told nothing is in and the computer system is wrong. I have been a loyal Pottery Barn customer, and I understand there are supply chain issues...but this wait time is ridiculous.

Hello Kim,

Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn.

We are sorry to hear we are having so many delays with your order. Can you please send us a private response or email support@potterybarn.com with your order information so that we can research your order? We would like to provide updated and accurate information and see how we can further assist if possible.

Christi T.

Pottery Barn

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I spoke with a customer service representative and she was very helpful in regards to the order I placed in June not scheduled to be delivered until January. I asked to cancel the order and they told me no. I asked for her supervisor, she transferred me to Randolph M. Randolph proceeded to tell me my order could not be cancelled and that I would be charged and that he did not have a supervisor. He then told me his supervisor's name was Mitchell H. and that I could not speak with him. He did not have a phone number or email that he could give to a customer. He said he would email the factory and then proceeded to hang up on me. This is no barn of pottery, it is a barn of lies.

Hello Maggie,

We thank you very much for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order details? We are here to help.

Sincerely,
    Kimi T.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I purchased 2 chairs from Cantrell Design in 2005. They still worked but looked tired in 2020 so I ordered 2 new chairs from Pottery Barn. Cost with delivery was over $2000. I expected quality. I believe the cushioning is foam and I learned chairs were made in China. No wonder it took almost 6 months for delivery. The new chairs are already showing wear to the seat and back cushions. I wish I had my old chairs and had just had them recovered.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Pottery Barn offers free shipping for items totaling over $99, but you have to input the code. If not, they will charge 5 or 10% of the total amount. So many retailers will automatically give you free shipping automatically, but PB is concerned with their profits more than treating customers right. I ordered $903 worth of curtains and was charged $90.30 shipping. I called the next day to complain and cancel my order, and they offered me a shipping credit/refund. I ended up not liking the curtains, so I returned them within their 30 day window and turned around and ordered different curtains from them. I was told by the rep I spoke to on Sept 15 that the return shipping only cost $12.01 to return the same items that they were going to originally charge me $90.30 to ship. I called a week after seeing that the items were at their return location, and only then did the refund get processed.

But then they said they would be issuing me a refund that was approximately $100 less than I was due because of that free shipping credit. This is now my third time calling their customer service to get this cleared up. The first two calls I spent 50 minutes each on the phone with the rep. It's a different rep each time, and they escalate the issue to a different supervisor. So your issue never gets resolved. On Sept 15, I was told by Chris that I would get a full refund what I paid minus the cost of the $12 shipping. On September 19, the rep told me I was actually going to be issued a voucher/credit to use at their store.

The most recent update to the saga is that today's (Sept 30) manager says I was charged a return fee because the reason for my return was that I didn't like the item. Nowhere on their refund policy site does it mention any type of restocking fee especially for something as compact as curtains! I have never been so angry with a company in my life. I have the other curtains I ordered, and I wish I could return them because I am so angry with this company, but I know returning them would only add to my problems because they would find a way to shortchange me the money I am owed.

Pottery Barn Company Information