1.20/5
Based on 180 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Last updated: April 15, 2018

816 Pottery Barn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 15, 2018

Original couch and loveseat on order ** was placed by private designer Mikayla ** on her PB credit card. We wrote a check to Mikayla for the amount and the couch & loveseat were delivered to our home. The style of each was a York, slope arm, white denim. Immediately after we received them, we noticed that the back cushions seemed too small. No matter how much I fluffed, flipped or scrunched they would not hold their shape or seem to fit properly. I had a designer, Courtney, from the Brea PB store come to look at them and she agreed. I then called PB to complain and they agreed to replace both. However, I had to pay for the replacements the cost of which they promised would be refunded.

Unfortunately, after the second set were delivered, they refused to give me my money back making me take a store credit instead stating that because the original set had been paid for by the designer, they couldn’t give me a refund, that I had to get store credit instead. Now I am stuck with a $3000 gift card that I don’t even want or need. I thought about buying a dining table but I can’t even get that until Aug 2018 and it’s April 2018! It also takes me a 30 minute hold to speak to customer service and they refuse to help! What has happened to PB?! No logic, understanding, customer service or sense! I plan to fight this to the death and am so disappointed. Just be warned, if you choose to order from PB, you might be sorry!

Original review: April 15, 2018

I ordered a jewelry box which was delivered fairly quickly. I opened it to find a plain box, missing all of the decorative accents on all sides. I pulled up the photo online, printed a return label then called customer service. I stated the problem and told the rep that I hoped return shipping wouldn't be deducted from my refund. She first proceeded to tell me that I must have ordered the wrong item and argued with me about this. She was clearly looking at the wrong photo and I have the box in my hands. This went on for minutes. She then stated that I couldn't return it but could get an exchange! I can return anything I want for any reason as a consumer. After that battle she stated that I was giving her the wrong order number and she couldn't find my order.

We got past that and back to the shipping. She told me that I wasn't paying for return shipping but for a return label. To me, that's part of the shipping but she continued with the semantics-"no it wasn't shipping it was a label". She then said that she saw nowhere that I had already printed a return label when I was staring right at it. I finally told her I'd pay the money just to get off the phone with her. I got her name ("Theresa") and quickly sent them a Facebook message with my complaint. They responded quickly and said they would pass this along to "higher management". How can a company stay in business with this kind of horrendous customer service? It's pretty basic- you don't argue with and make unfounded accusations with a customer. Waiting to see if they will still charge me for the shipping label to return a defective item that was cheaply made.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I ordered a jewelry box for $160. None of the accents in the photo were actually on the box-it was a completely plain cheaply made box that was unfinished. When I call customer service, Theresa, to ask if I would be charged for return shipping, she said yes. I stated that I felt this was unfair, as the item was not as depicted. She proceeded to tell me that I must have ordered the wrong item, which I did not-she finally conceded and said I would not have to pay for return shipping but would be charged for the label. To me that is paying for return shipping.

She argued back and forth with me that I was not being charged to return the item, but they would deduct money from the refund for the label. I had printed the label, and she stated that she did not see anywhere where the label was printed. I told her I was looking at it. She then told me that she couldn't find the order # and it was invalid, so I gave her the number for the 4th time and she found it. An absolute nightmare. This went on for 15 minutes. I just said, "Forget it, just charge me for the label so I can go on with my day." Pottery Barn... Train your customer service reps as I will never order from you again!

Original review: April 11, 2018

I ordered a bed in Feb. 2017 that was on backorder until May... With zero notification it was put on further delay over and over and over until after 9 months I finally gave up. This year ordered two beds. The first was to be delivered March 26th... It was delivered today April 11th. The second which was NOT on back order has now been placed on back order, never notified. I have called 4 times, each time promising a call back and not once has anyone ever called me. I finally called the delivery center to see if they could give any information and although it was to be delivered no later than April 9th, they let me know that they won't even have it in the warehouse until April 24th and delivery up to two weeks after that, as I was informed. It was only an estimate. It could be delayed - again it was ordered in Feb. Worst experience ever. I will NEVER order from them again.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I made a purchase from Pottery Barn that was initially only partially shipped/partially billed. I paid for this order using a VISA rewards card. The VISA card shows this item was fully paid for; Pottery Barn says they did not receive payment for the last half of the order. I have gone back and forth with both of them for over 3 weeks now and still can't get any resolution. Dealing with Pottery Barn is an absolute nightmare as their employees are extremely rude and seem to think intimidation is the way to resolve issues. EVERY employee from PB I have spoken to has been rude; not just one, but every one. Somehow they must forget to train people in customer service at this corporation. I will never use this company or their affiliates again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: April 6, 2018

I ordered a Coleman metal bed on January 15, I have been told more than once "It is on route". It is now April 6. I needed the bed for company for Easter. I have tried to cancel the bed. I see they have charged me in February. They said if I cancel the bed there is a restocking fee. I have no bed. I paid for a bed. I have no bed.

Original review: April 6, 2018

If I could give zero stars, I would. I used to be such a loyal PB customer. No more. I will make this short. I ordered furniture Dec 2017. Two couches and a chair for my living room. Estimated delivery in mid Feb 2018. Since that time, my estimated delivery has been changed FOUR times and is now estimated for June 2018. Six months!! And who knows how many more times in the next 2 months they will give me a new “estimated” delivery. And when I call customer service, they tell me it’s the vendor. But no one can specify exactly what the hold up is? Is it fabric? Is the vendor out of wood??? Who the heck knows... PB sure as heck doesn’t. The only reason I haven’t canceled my order is because I designed my new living room around the measurements and fabric color of these said pieces. So at this point, I would need to find exact couches and chair at another retailer.

Do yourself a favor and pay more for Restoration Hardware or Arhaus. I will be canceling my PB card and no longer using them for anything. Not even a pillow - I am done. Never in my life would I expect to wait 6 months for furniture. It’s unbelievable. I probably will find out soon that they are no longer making these pieces and will be back to square one. And and they never notify me via email when I get a new delay... I have to log into my account and see it myself. I would never have even known this if I wasn’t on top of where my order stood. Horrible customer service. The worst.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I ordered and received the PB Dawson Pedestal Table less than 3 years ago and less than one year into ownership, the wood started chipping. I wrote PB Customer Service and they said there's nothing they can do and I should contact Furniture Medic to pay to have it repaired. I am a longtime shopper at Pottery Barn and have always thought they made a good product and am sad to report that this product and their response is less than satisfactory. Since I reported this issue, the table has gotten even worse and about 20% of the surface is now exposed wood. Unacceptable. Not only that, but I am unable to leave a review on their site! Frustrating...

Original review: April 4, 2018

So far this has been a horrible experience. Pottery Barn has the worst customer service that I have experienced (this is no exaggeration). Pottery Barn has 79 terrible complaints since I ordered a bed for my daughter on January 16th. If I just had the chance to read all these complaints I would have never went to the store. I've made multiple calls and waited for more than 30 minutes each time. Finally after almost two months I had the “Honor” to talk to a “Customer Care Leadership” (I can go hours elaborating on the meaning of this title for Pottery Barn).

The Customer Care Leadership told me that she will take care of anything, nothing has been resolved and now is almost 3 months since we first paid. Now let’s make the math, today is April 3rd, I have not heard of any update from them, and calling them is as useless as that Customer Care Leadership title. I think it is time for a refund. Please Pottery Barn "Customer Care Leadership" do not answer this post with a “Very Sincere” apology, just stop doing this to your new clients, the old ones will never come back.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I am not the type to write negative reviews on any store/product, but I had such a horrible experience with Pottery Barn that I feel it is necessary to do so. This store could care less about customer service. On top of being ridiculously overpriced, they charge $129 for shipping any piece of furniture. On top of charging the $129, they take 3 months just to ship the furniture to the WAREHOUSE (not even your home). I was told the table I ordered was arriving in about 3-5 weeks and when I was given the confirmation printout it said June 12-24 (3 months way)! I cancelled that order and 2 other products that I had purchased. Considering the amount of negative reviews this store has, you would think they would have already done something about their poor customer service. For being such an expensive and “high-end” store, they definitely lack professionalism. I refuse to spend my money here.

Original review: March 30, 2018

If I could give Pottery Barn zero stars, I would. As a long time customer, it hurts me to have to write this, but I think it's important to share my story. We decided after much deliberation to order a sofa from PB. We purchased a custom York roll arm sofa in the early fall of 2017 and were told it would take 8-10 weeks for delivery. We waited the entire 10 weeks for delivery, which was right before the Christmas holiday. We were expecting guests from abroad, so we were excited to receive our new sofa in a timely fashion.

A sofa was delivered, but not the sofa we ordered - not even close. Immediately, I called Pottery Barn to sort out the delivery, assuming it was simply a mix up. However, it was far more complicated than that. Our sofa was nowhere to be found, and instead of getting an apology with a quick solution, I got the runaround. I was made to feel as if it was OUR fault and very little was done to smooth over the situation. I spent five (yes five!) hours of my already busy day trying to figure out what to do and how to resolve the issue. I was finally put in touch, after much threatening, with a senior level customer service agent who helped me to "resolve" the issue.

She reordered the correct sofa, offered us a discount for the major inconvenience, and told us we could hang onto the incorrect sofa until our new sofa arrived. But, we were still stuck with an uncomfortable, incorrect sofa for the remainder of the year. Also, we were told the sofa had to be in excellent condition upon pick up, or else we would be liable for the sofa. Keep in mind, we have two young children and were expecting guests, where anything could potentially happen to the sofa, even with using caution. We were given another 8-10 week window and so waited... Another 10 weeks pass and we receive a call that our sofa is ready for delivery (finally). I arrange my day to accommodate the delivery and the sofa arrives! But once again, it is the WRONG sofa. Same exact mistake. Unreal.

As you may expect, at this point, I am beyond angry. 20+ weeks have elapsed and we still do not have our sofa! They take away the new sofa and I contact PB customer service again. Another two hours of my time lost on something that is the fault of their own. After threatening legal action, I am finally put in touch with Tye, a PB senior level customer service rep, who I will be honest, was lovely. She immediately went to work to sort the issue out, which should have been dealt with the first time. After some research she finally concludes that the sofa was being ordered correctly, but the manufacturer was receiving the wrong sku and actually making the wrong sofa, twice.

Great! Problem solved right!? But too little, too late in our opinion. At this point, we don't care about the solution and have lost faith in Pottery Barn as a whole. We chose to cancel our sofa order because we lack the confidence that the correct order would be delivered. Plus, we have no interest in waiting another 10 weeks for delivery.

We have since ordered a sofa from another retailer. We are now waiting for the first sofa to be collected with the promise of a full refund and small credit for the inconvenience. PB has reassured us that we will not be responsible for the cost of the original sofa and that we'll be fully credited for the refund, but not until the sofa is picked up and returned to the warehouse, where it will be reviewed for damage. I've had to make five phone calls just to get the pick up confirmed. Twice I waited 20 minutes to speak with someone before being disconnected.

This is not the first time we've had extensive delivery delays, back orders, wrong orders, or incomplete parts or items delivered with the William Sonoma brand. We are incredibly discouraged as WS customers and are reluctant to continue our business with these brands. We realize that the system cannot be perfect, but two incorrect sofa deliveries? How does that even happen? And when is does happen, you'd assume they'd be jumping through hoops to ensure they keep their customers and that it doesn't happen again.

My personal advice, if you are reading this review, I'd consider looking into other brands for purchasing special order furniture from Pottery Barn. Although more expensive, we ended up ordering from Arhaus based on better customer reviews. We have yet to receive this order, so we wait with bated breath. Unfortunately, The Pottery Barn we used to know and love seems to have dissolved and has been replaced with poor quality and customer service. I hope they read this review and make the necessary changes to their company to ensure this never happens again.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I ordered a bedroom set for my daughter on Jan. 8, 2018. On Feb. 5th I received the dresser, the headboard and the footboard. However the side rails were on back order. When I called in Feb. 16th, the rep said it should be available on Feb. 27th. When no one called I called in early March. They said that the item was not expected until March 21st. Tonight, I called because no one has called to schedule a delivery and I was told the item is now expected on April 9th! The rep was very nice, but I still do not have my furniture complete. I chose PB because I like the quality and style. However, if it take 3 months to get a complete bedroom set then this may be my last purchase. I am crossing my fingers that the items will come on the projected April 9th!

Original review: March 30, 2018

I placed an order for a Buchanan armchair and loveseat on February 12th. One of the main reasons I chose the fabric (performance everyday velvet in buckwheat) was specifically because the estimated delivery date was 6-8 weeks (est. 4/11- 4/25). Unfortunately I received an email March 9th stating there would be a delay and the delivery date was pushed back (est. now 4/25 - 5/9). I called customer service the inquire on the delay and they explained that their third party vendor had an influx of orders, which is why the delivery date was delayed. I was told it was guaranteed to be completed and delivered by 4/25 but the date estimate allowed a little “wiggle room” for mishaps. Although frustrated, I accepted this explanation and understood.

Two days ago (3/27) I received ANOTHER email stating that the furniture delivery date is now delayed till June (6/6 - 6/20). I called customer service that same day because obviously this was unacceptable and spoke to Kerry. He seemed very understanding and even a little baffled as well that a 6-8 week made to order item has now become a 4 month wait period. He said he would send a message to the vendor and work on getting the item expedited, if possible. I was told to call back in a couple of days to find out the vendor’s response. So I just got off the phone with customer service (3/29) and was told the vendor replied that the fabric I chose was “backordered” until April 18th. What I don’t understand is why would the Pottery Barn website have this fabric listed under the 6-8 weeks option if they apparently didn’t even have it in stock?

Obviously upset, I asked if there was a way the fabric could be changed to one that obviously was in stock, if it’s possible to cancel the order, or if I could be given the vendor’s contact information or to someone else who could be more helpful. The girl I spoke to was not reassuring at all and was pretty unhelpful. She said there’s no way it could be expedited, she could try to cancel the order but it’s not guaranteed, and didn’t know if there could be any changes made because they didn’t know what fabric the vendor had in stock. When I asked to speak to someone else who could directly help with this situation, I was told that there was no one else that could help out and she would document what has happened. She offered to remove the shipping and handling charge once the order was complete but said she didn’t know when that would be.

If I knew it was going to take this long I would have either chosen a different fabric or just gone somewhere else for furniture. The girl was not very helpful, just apologized, and said to call back after April 18 to see if the fabric came in. Obviously this is not a very good solution and I’m even more frustrated with the situation because apparently no one from Customer service can help because they don’t have any further information. A large majority of the furniture and decorations pieces I own is from PB and this is probably the first and worst experience ever. What makes things more frustrating is I no longer have a living room set because I was waiting for this to come in and it looks like I’ll have an empty living room for the next 3 months.

Hi Lauren,

I'm so sorry to hear your furniture has been delayed. I have sent you a private message with more details.

Sincerely,

Original review: March 27, 2018

Ordered 3-piece sectional custom sofa. Waited over 10 weeks for it to be delivered. It arrived damaged. I called service and the first rep I spoke to said "I don't want to waste your time. Let me get you directly over to furniture department." She was great. Tina is the second person I spoke to. I told her the details, said the option the delivery company presented was to refuse the delivery if it is damaged and call the vendor (Pottery Barn). Tina said it would be Friday or Monday (called Tuesday at 3:15 pm) before the "vendor" called me. I asked who the vendor was since I ordered from Pottery Barn. She said the sofa is made by a third party vendor and she would submit the issue and I would hear back in 24-48 hours. I told her 24-48 hours would by Wednesday or Thursday, not Friday or Monday. She said "you are not the only one! You need to give the vendor time to respond!"

I asked to speak to a supervisor. She put me on hold for a lengthy period of time. Called back and was disconnected while I was on hold waiting for a supervisor. Called back again and was transferred to Adriene the supervisor/team lead. She gave different options. She asked why I refused the order and I told her b/c that is what the delivery company said. I ordered "WHITE GLOVE DELIVERY!" I said I ordered from Pottery Barn and expected them to provide solutions. She said I could wait another 10+ weeks for a replacement OR I could wait to see if it could be repaired. Great! How long for that option. She could not give me a time period.

I asked her if they have SLAs (Service Level Agreements, which is a commitment to the customer on service expectations). No timeline, no SLAs. She said "if I tell you a timeline and we don't meet it, that's a whole other set of problems." Are you kidding me? I am in service. I lead a service team and I expect my service associates to identify with the customer and listen and work on behalf of the customer like the issue was happening to them. That was far from what I experienced. Canceled my order because I have many options. I went with Pottery Barn because I expected a good service experience, a quality produce and support if the product was not satisfactory. I received none of those. Buyers beware.

Hi Kim,

First and foremost, I sincerely apologize for the experience you've had with this order. Our goal is to provide our customers with the highest quality of customer service, and it seems we've failed. Your input is an invaluable source of information, all customer feedback is sent for further review and allows us to improve in ares we've failed in. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the frustrations this has caused.

Warm Regards,
    Sharla-

Original review: March 27, 2018

I placed an order for a console table online on January 28th, 2018. When it would be available was not specified. I called them and asked the order status. They said it would be available around the end of February and would let me know when it became available. There was NO update from them until mid March. I called them again, and the person whom I talked to apologized for that. 3 days later she sent me email saying the item was on back order until September 3, 2018. 8 months! I have to say they have terrible customer service, they never let me know about such a ridiculously long delay until I ask. They don't even give any alternatives, just saying "I'm sorry. Have a great day." I expected better customer service for the price that I paid. I chose this table to match other PB furniture I bought. Now I'm stuck.

Hello Katsura,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience. I'm truly sorry to learn that we will not be able to fill your order until August, 8 months is a very long wait and for this I sincerely apologize. I've sent you a private message with my order details so we can discuss this further. I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,
    Sharla-

Pottery Barn Social Media Team

Original review: March 20, 2018

I bought bar stools from Pottery Barn. They have an industrial size staple in them that has come out of two chairs. My son was scratch significantly from sitting in this chair. I called Pottery Barn and no one would help because I bought the chair in the store. I called the store and had to bring the chairs in when the manager was working... Really you should get these chairs ASAP as they are a danger. Finally sent in an email with a picture and my son’s cut and got a callback. I spoke to ** once who said they would pick up the chairs on Monday. Of course UPS came on Saturday to get the chairs and we were not home.

I have called and emailed and customer service several times and I can’t get a response! This is crazy!!! When I finally spoke to Sheila she said her email wasn’t working... Really for a company as big as Williams Sonoma they don’t have working emails??? I find that hard to believe. I have contacted Consumer safety and they said they will help Me get a response from Pottery Barn! Worst experience I have really ever had! Do yourself a favor and buy from a company that if you have a dangerous chair takes ownership. I get it they can’t predict everything that can go wrong with a chair but really folks. Step it up!

Original review: March 16, 2018

I bought a Pottery Barn slipcover sofa a while back. It was the high end performance fabric and was told it was virtually indestructible. Three months after purchasing it, I washed the slipcover for the first time... When I opened the washer, the slipcover was coming apart at the seams and there was a mess of strings coming from the inside. I immediately took it up to Pottery Barn and showed them what had happened. Their only advice was to cut all the stringy mess off and use a liquid stitch product to keep it from happening in the future. I said, "Wouldn’t that negate any warranty in the future???" They had no answer for me.

I never did alter the slipcover. With every wash, the slipcover is coming apart. I have contacted customer service, sent pictures and answered all their numerous questions repeatedly. My emails just continue to get passed to the next person with no results. Do not buy any expensive furniture from this store! Since I am getting nowhere, I am hoping this will prevent others from going through the same thing. If that is all that comes of it, maybe they will lose enough business to equal the cost of the slipcover they refuse to replace. Read the reviews, there are many of us out there. Buyer Beware!!!

Original review: March 15, 2018

I have been a long-standing Pottery Barn customer. 3 out of 4 of our bedrooms have PB sets, our office has a PB desk, our kitchen has a PB kitchen table, along with matching chairs and matching kitchen barstools, PB light fixtures, my dining room has PB upholstered chairs, my family room has a PB entertainment center, a PB leather chair, a PB coffee table, etc... You get the picture. I have been extremely loyal to Pottery Barn over the years and have been given tremendous service. Back in May of 2017, I decided to work with a wonderful designer out of the Novi, MI PB store. I was looking to replace my couches/chairs and change the look up a bit.

We worked together to pick out the proper couch style and fabric and quickly after the first meeting, placed an order. Once I received the couches, it was discovered there was a tear in the fabric. The fabric was replaced eventually. We then noticed after the couch was finally put together that the cushion on the right arm chase was way too large for the frame. The cushion hangs quite a bit over the edge of the couch and bows in the middle. I was sent a replacement core... that didn't work. I will also note, it is extremely difficult to replace the core of the chase. The L shape is very hard to work with. Definitely not something the customer should be expected to do. The cushion still bows and is too large for the frame.

I called and spoke with a rep again, was asked to send pictures again and was told I was approved for another core. I was not thrilled with this option as I have already gone through the process of replacing a core and did not want to do it again, but agreed to it eventually. I received a core today, but it was not for the chase. I am assuming it was for one of the smaller couch cushions. I am beyond frustrated. All of this has occurred since June of 2017 and I am no closer to resolving this matter today than I was when I was first given the defective product.

In a subsequent order I purchased an ottoman (the designer and I decided to wait to order it until after the couch and chairs were in to decide if we thought there would be enough room). The quality of the storage ottoman was not good either. Almost as if either the cushion was too small or there was way

too much fabric on top. I was offered a second ottoman as a replacement, which I received last week but the colors are so far off I can't use it.

I have talked to many customer service reps throughout the process (10 months in total) and most have been helpful, but no one is able to solve the issues. They have assisted in giving a partial credit until issues have been resolved, etc... but bottom line is, I have a family room filled with furniture that is not AT ALL the quality I have come to expect from Pottery Barn and we are not one step closer to resolving the issue 10 months later. Beyond frustrated and disappointed is an understatement.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I purchase a slipcover soft after sitting on one in the store. It was $3,179 and I expected it to be of good quality. Within a short period of time the fabric started to peel and looked worn. The cushions started to lose their shape and sag. I am a single person - not a family with a bunch of kids in an out all day. This couch should have lasted. When I called to complain, I was on the phone for literally 2 hours with "Customer Service". He asked that I send pictures of the deflated pillows and viewed them while on the phone with me. He agreed they were of poor quality, said they had many complaints about them and that they had discontinued them. He offered me free replacement back cushions from a new vendor and asked that I pay to replace the seat cushions. I agreed and a few weeks later the seat cushions arrived.

Weeks later I still hadn't received the back pillows which were really bad, sagging and uncomfortable. When I called to follow up, I was told the order was cancelled. No one notified me it was cancelled. When I asked why, they said the vendor cancelled it. The "customer service" department changed their mind apparently and decided they would not honor what the previous employee told me - which was that they would replace the cushions. I AM FURIOUS!

Original review: March 14, 2018

Ordered wall shelf and clothing items. Decided they would not work for me so called UPS to return the order, I was refusing delivery. Items got back to Pottery Barn distribution. I was expecting a full credit to my PB credit card, the way I bought the items - totaling $140.24. I eventually got one merchandise credit for $86 and that was all. PB said since had $.99 ending pricing items were not returnable! Most things we buy end in $.99!! Didn’t realize that!! Have gone around and around with them, contacting Better Business Bureau, Oakland; sent e-mails to Laura Alber and Dean Miller to help me with no reply of course. I have no mdse. No credit. I will NEVER shop at any of their related stores and would recommend you do not either! Have never read so MANY complaints about a company. BEWARE.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I purchased furniture (sofa and 2 chairs) and I received almost $400 back in reward money. With that reward money I purchased $240.00 worth of bath towels, hand towels. I placed the order in one order online. When Pottery Barn shipped my order I believe they intentionally split the order so that my $225.00 reward certificate would not work. I received 2 small hand towels (the towels that hang by the sink to dry your hands) in one box and a few days later all my other towels came. Because the order was split, so was the billing split into 2 separate charges so that the $225.00 reward certificate I used was void and they charged this all to my PB credit card.

The order was split so they charged me $40 for the 2 small hand towels that came first and the other towels came out to be $200.00. So freakin' deceptive Pottery Barn!!! When I called them of course they gave me the runaround. I finally got through to someone who took my info and told me there would have to be an investigation and it could take up to 90 days to get a result. So, now it's a waiting game to see if they will even do the right thing. And of course if I don't pay off the remaining balance now, PB is making money off me with interest charges. They are seriously one of the most deceptive companies I have ever bought from. No integrity at all. Do not buy from this company!

Original review: March 9, 2018

I ordered some candle sconces on March 4, 2018. The website stated it would be back ordered until April 8, 2018 but the final payment page stated June 24, 2018. I called and it was confirmed that it would be available April 2018. I went to the website recently and it now states it will be available on May 8, 2018. I contacted Pottery Barn Customer Service who said, "Unfortunately, we received these updates from the vendor, and due to production issues, they have been updated several times." This practice has been the norm most every time I order from this company.

Additionally I received an email on March 7, 2018 for an order I placed in October of 2016 that it had been shipped. I sent an email asking for an explanation: "Regarding the old order, I am so sorry for error in this email being sent to you now, but the order was delivered back in October of 2016 when you ordered it and is not shipping again. A few random orders were accidentally sent emails regarding orders placed over the past years in error." I find this unacceptable in this day and age of technology and customer service. I do love their products but hope their practices will change.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I have been saving for years to get a built in entertainment center. I saw the Logan Entertainment Center at Pottery Barn and when it was on sale, it was the time to buy. This was my first PB purchase. I was given a few days of the week where PB delivered into my area. Delivery was on time and as expected. Set up was superb and I did get white glove treatment. Once I received it, one of the pullout drawers wouldn't pull out because it was too close to the cabinet door. If I didn't have a wall and could open the hutch door more, it would likely open.

I immediately contacted customer service and they requested that I send them a photo. Within the day I received a note that I had three options: They would replace it, I could return the entire unit, or they would give me 20% off the total and I could fix it myself. I opted for last option and actually tried to fix it myself. Unfortunately, because of the way its situation and I have a bridge on top, I cannot pull out the bottom cabinet without major issues. I was surprised to see how many screws and how secure each cabinet was made. I have two hinges on each door and each hinge has six screws. I opted to leave the drawer it the way it was. I was pleased with Pottery Barn's immediate response and their willingness to make it right. I have seen so many negative reviews and perhaps it is the particular customer service person who makes a bad call. Luckily, I'm very pleased with my purchase and the final outcome.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Pottery Barn does a great job with marketing their products but beyond that... Quite honestly the worst company I have ever dealt with. I would have rather shopped at Walmart. Ordered a bed in Nov 2016 and it is now March 2018 and have yet to have a resolution from the company! My original bed was to be delivered in Jan of 2017, however when it arrived late in February, pieces were missing and the bed was defective. I had to take multiple days off of work and each time they came out to my home they had the wrong pieces. It took so long, that when they tried to reorder the pieces they no longer made my bed! I had to order a different one and it had been so long that Patricia ** offered me 50% off which at that time was 600 dollars in March of 2017.

To no one's surprise, the bed never arrived and it got to the point where they then offered it to me complimentary ("something that Pottery Barn never does") so I was "lucky". But this bed was defective as well! I got no response from Mitchell ** for months. Furniture specialist came out too and agreed that it was manufactured incorrectly and PB would have to replace it. After contacting them, I was told "no one came out to my home and it wasn't in the records" to which I offered to send emails and voicemails to confirm they did in fact come. Again, I was told they would look into it and after weeks no one called. I reached out multiple times and obtained the same response time after time.

Finally in January of 2018 (yes you read that right... over a year later) I spoke to a very helpful individual William ** who went above and beyond to investigate every last detail. He was in agreement that something needed to be done about this and sent an email to PB rep and supervisors with all of the information shared and emails I sent him. He included every single person involved in my case in that email and surprise a month later and no response. Once again, the customer had to reach out and spend another 3-5 hours on the phone (at this point I literally had to take a vacation day whenever I needed to call them which the amount of days would amount to about 7 of those beds now). My goal was never to obtain a free bed but to have PB know that they must right their wrongs and it is not okay to treat customers like this.

On March 8th I was transferred to a supervisor named Mike who was just about the rudest person and rather than asking me what was going on answered and said I have two options. Stay with the defective bed or pay 50% for a new one and that was all he was going to say! Which 50 % off was offered a year ago so of course it's only fair that after waiting a year for a response from this team I would get the same amount offered to me! Comical... Even better was that now 50% off the same bed was double what it was when I originally ordered the bed a year and a half ago. This was all okay with Mike as he continued to rudely tell me you had no other options as he spoke over me time and time again. So I am left with a bed that I can't sleep on because it is unstable per the Pottery Barn team. It's like winning a car on Wheel of Fortune and being told it can't run. What's the point of it being free.

because it is unstable per the pottery barn team. It's like winning a car on whee of fortune and being told it can't run. What's the point of it being free.

I applaud William ** and Stacey (supervisor) for their time and understanding and hope they will be able to lead a training with the remainder of the team on customer service as they were the only ones who cared about my situation and not just the money. I will never shop at pottery barn again and will have fun staring at my free bed that can't be slept on. I had to give one star or else I would give none.

Original review: March 8, 2018

We bought the Chesterfield Upholstered Bed with storage bottom. Worst purchase ever made. Placed my order in November and was told my bed would be delivered in 30 days. Ended up getting my bed in March. My $3,700 bed is falling apart. Each drawer has completely fell off and after four calls to customer service they still have not picked up my bed after they claimed they will. Now, they are telling me I cannot get my money back after my bed has been paid off and they offered me store credit which I do not want because their customer service, reviews, and furniture is horrible.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I'm having a very difficult time in receiving an order which was placed on February 14th for standard (not special) items ordered. I received an email from Williams-Sonoma stating that I needed to call to schedule an appointment for delivery. The customer service person was firstly, very difficult to understand and secondly, very inflexible and rude. I was told that I would have to wait another two weeks for delivery and that she could give me a window for time but that there was no guarantee that delivery would be made during that time frame. This was ridiculous. Step forward two weeks and another email was issued with a delivery cancellation two days before the delivery date and a request to call a number to reschedule. This was after I had just removed the existing furniture from the rooms as I was expecting company the evening of the scheduled delivery and had anticipated having the new pieces.

When I called to reschedule, I was told, by a customer service agent, that I would have to wait another week (+two days). I explained to her my situation and she basically told me that that was too bad. That that was the next time that a truck would be in my area. She then transferred me to a PB rep who was very pleasant but essentially said that she couldn't even call them to see what she could do.

I have a hard time understanding in this day of extreme communications how that could be. It appears that once PB has their payment, they do not wish to assume any responsibility for the follow-up of the items that have been purchased and paid for by the customer. They seem to employ customer service reps for no other purpose other than to express "I'm sorry". Let me add this also, I am in my late sixties now and have NEVER written a complaint before in my life. I hope that the next potential customer might read this before purchasing from Pottery Barn if they are at all concerned about receiving their purchase in a timely manner.

Original review: March 7, 2018

We bought two York deep seat, slope arm sofas. One has softer feathery cushions and one has thicker foam cushions. One says it was made by the South Carolina manufacturer, and the other says California. The thick-cushioned one from South Carolina smells horrible! I have been trying to air it out, but there is a poisonous smell coming from the frame especially. It says no flame retardants, but it has a smell that burns my nose, and other people comment on it when they come into the house. 2 issues here. First, why are the cushions so different, when we bought the same style to match each other. Second, I am sure my children and my family are inhaling something toxic.

Original review: March 3, 2018

My husband and I have had Rowe Furniture for the last 13 years. It's been an awesome sofa and loveseat but it was time to upgrade and update. So, after my sisters awesome experience and really comfortable sectional, we decided to go the same route. We went with the Pierce sectional in the performance twill grey. The couch took 4/5 weeks to arrive which was not bad at all. It arrived in my home on December 17, 2017. As I write this letter, it's March 3, 2018. Just a little over 2 months of owning our new sectional. As of today, it is pilling and one of the cushions piping has come apart from the seam.

I immediately contacted customer service and they were apologetic and said that they have had problems with the performance tweed fabric and wanted to send me a shaver (just like several others I've read about) so I could shave the pills away. I said NO THANK YOU. I didn't buy a 5K sofa to have to shave it...not to mention it's not good for the life of the fabric. I was asked to submit pictures and I did - over 3 weeks ago. I received no reply to my emails letting me know they got my pictures and even worse I emailed asking for someone to acknowledge my email so I knew what was going on and no reply to that one either. So, I've been calling customer service and they have been very nice but I know nothing more than what I knew three weeks ago.

So, here's how it breaks down. $5,000 for a custom made sofa with fabric that's supposed to be performance certified. Two months after delivery, it is pilling like I've had it for 5 years, the back cushions look just as old because they are not staying fluffed (oh and I have been flipping and rotating my cushions every other weekend like I was told to do by my sister and the nice sales lady at PB who I have also reached out to to let her know what was going on and she has informed her manager as well) and there's a hole in the seam between the piping and the cushion. I can't get anyone to contact me back, every time I call they say it will be 5-10 business days until I hear from someone. Well 5-10 business days come and go.

I called again today (March 3, 2018) and yet again got someone who told me it would be another 5 business days until someone called me back. I told them no way. Not waiting another day. This is ridiculous and I am shocked that Pottery Barn is ok with this. They don't care about the customer nor their brand! I am appalled and I am so disappointed in their lack of quality and service. I am very well connected in the Atlanta area and surrounding communities and I will be sure that everyone I know hears my story. I suggest that whoever is able to make this right at Pottery Barn contact me immediately. This is an embarrassment to your brand and to me as a long time customer of yours.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I placed an order with Pottery Barn Kids totalling $295.00 for which I used a $275.00 credit card rewards certificate. I received an email a week later saying that Pottery Barn was cancelling one of the items, priced at approximately $100.00, due to insufficient information to process the order, but that I could reorder it by calling their customer service number (provided), or online. I could not reorder the item online and use the certificate again, so I called customer service.

After speaking to 7 different representatives over a two day span, which took hours and hours of my time, I finally found out the order was cancelled because I did not choose a thread color for personalization, and I was further told I would lose the rewards. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that no one was available, but I could leave my phone number and I would receive a call back in approximately 3 hours. I decided to call customer service and speak to a representative in the credit card department. He verified that the policy of the rewards certificates is that if you use the rewards on an item, then cancel or return the item, you lose your rewards. I was a little dismayed by his attitude that $100.00 is not that much to lose.

However, he said that in this case I did not cancel the order, Pottery Barn did, so I could file a dispute to get my rewards reinstated. I did that today and was told that it could take up to 90 days to get a reply, and there is no guarantee they will honor this certificate. I reordered the item that is a gift for my granddaughter, and I am now beginning the up to 90 day wait for a response. I applied for this credit card in the store when placing a large order after being told that I would receive $25.00 in credit rewards for every $250 spent. However, I was never told that it would come in a large increment (my reward being $275.00) that had to be spent all at once or any unused portion would be lost, or that if you return an item you purchased with the reward you would lose that reward.

Based on all of the complaints I see, I would recommend that Pottery Barn find a way to revamp their credit card rewards program to work better for their customers, and for their customer service department which seems to be unable to handle simple issues such as mine. I would also suggest extensive training for their customer service representatives, as the majority seem to be lacking the simple people skills necessary to do their jobs effectively.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I bought a 6,000 sectional and waited 3 months for delivery which is OK because I chose a special order fabric so that I didn't mind. I knew in advance that's what it would take to make it. When I finally received the sectional we noticed small holes in the fabric and brought to our delivery guy's attention so immediately he took tons of photos and said they would be sent to delivery quality and handed me a flyer with a number to call on Monday. By then he said his photos would be uploaded. I called on Monday and that's when all hell broke loose because since that Monday I've been trying to get my issue resolved and haven't had any luck. I get promised someone will call me and no one ever does. They don't care about customer service. All they care about is collecting the 6k. Well that's been over 4 weeks now and I still can't get my sectional replaced or get new slipcovers.

I've called so many times and tried to talk to Richard in delivery quality because that's who the Pottery Barn manager told me to ask for and he is never there to always busy and can’t come to the phone so I'm stuck with a new representative every time and I have to explain the horror story every time. Everyone is lost and doesn't know or can't read or doesn't want to help. I had to send them my own photos several times because they "never" got them. Who knows what happened to the photos the delivery man took and uploaded. This has been a huge headache and time-consuming issue for me. I will NEVER EVER buy from Pottery Barn again and I will make sure all my social media friends know how bad the customer service is when you need them.

Pottery Barn Company Information