1.21/5
Based on 159 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Pottery Barn

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

775 Pottery Barn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Purchased a Pierce Sectional couch from Pottery Barn, bracket that connects the pieces together broke so if anyone sits on the couch it comes apart. The part takes two screws to replace. Placed a call with Pottery Barn and they said no problem we will ship it right out. Here I am 4 months later with no part. They keep telling me to call back and get an update! I'm so disappointed with Pottery Barn and will not shop there again. Very poor service!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Ordered a bunk bed from PB Teen, was in stock and ready to ship in 1-3 weeks (according to website). Now 7 weeks later no bunk bed and my credit card was charged 3 weeks ago for the bed!?! Called and talked to customer service three separate times, at 40 minute wait time per call (and hung up on twice) and they are "waiting on a piece" which I've been told 3 other times, but the piece never comes in when they say it will, they just keep extending the delivery date. Why have I been charged for something I have no hope of receiving. Is it common practice to charge the full amount, when I have no product. I will never buy from any Pottery Barn business again, terribly run company.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Ordered a leather sofa January for a new house. Called 4 months later to check on it. Said it was due in 3 weeks. Changed delivery address because the house was complete and still no sofa. Got a call for delivery 5 mos. Was shipped to the old delivery address warehouse Florida instead of NC delivery address. Called to follow up what happened. Said they could ship to the right warehouse for delivery. This now was at least my 4th call at least 40 min per call. Said I should hear in two weeks for delivery at the right warehouse. Never got a call for 3 weeks. Called another 45 min. Don’t know where the sofa is??

Long story 5 weeks go on, 4 more 45 min calls no tracking on computer for sofa. Their answer must be in a trailer, should place another order. New delivery date would be 1 year from the original order. Barely a discount for my time, frustration. A neighbor in the new development I purchased in ordered 5 pieces from Pottery. Leather sofa same style. Got her call for delivery. Showed up with 3 out of the five items. No sofa. She knew of my troubles. Sent the three items back because not complete delivery. Took three phone calls of at least if not more time and 3 weeks to get her money back. Beware West Elm, Pottery Barn owned same company. Their shipping software has problems. At the same time my sister waiting on delivery for West Elm two appointments and no furniture to deliver. They are having major software furniture delivery issues and tracking.

Never get the same supervisor so the story is retold every time you call. I use to be a fan of these stores. I am a designer and Restoration Hardware knows customer service and customer satisfaction 50 times better than these stores now. If you look at my timelines I was a patient customer. No more purchases from Pottery Barn or West Elm.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I purchased 6 dining room chairs and two full sized sofas from Pottery Barn in 2007. Now I want to order new slipcovers for this furniture and they tell me they have been discontinued. Our sofas are in great shape, just need the slipcovers that they used to provide when we purchased the sofas. Won't ever purchase PB again as they don't seem to be looking at future customer service. Now I'll have to have slipcovers custom made or replace my sofas and dining chairs. I believe PB is not thinking about providing long term customer services given they sold me chairs/sofa with slipcovers and now I can't get slipcovers to fit the furniture I purchased.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

My husband and I purchased the Jake Sectional from Pottery Barn on Nov 12, 2017. We were informed delivery would be between December 29th-January 12th. We contacted Pottery Barn multiple times to get an update on when we would receive our couch. Every time we called, we were told, the couch is sitting in their warehouse and that they are still waiting on 2 pieces from the vendor. Finally, on February 5th, we decided to cancel our order given the fact that no one was ever able to tell us when we would receive our couch. We emailed your customer service and they said they would issue a refund and to allow for 3-5 business days for the amount to be refunded.

3-5 business days passed, I contacted your customer support only to learn that they canceled the refund from being issued because the vendor hasn't received the couch yet. A couch that is in your warehouse that I have never received. In other words, if the couch sits in your warehouse for a month before it gets sent back, I will not receive my refund. The agent I spoke with on 2/14 said she would call me back in that same evening once she and her manager verified the matter with the vendor - I did NOT receive a phone to even update me on the situation. This has been the worst service I have ever received for a purchase that cost me over $3,000.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I ordered the king Monique Lhuillier Blossom Quilt which cost $299. It arrived defective as did the next 2 I ordered. I had to return all of them and had to pay return shipping for all 3 defective quilts. Pottery Barn customer service didn't refund the shipping charges and were not the least bit concerned they were selling shoddy merchandise. Do not order this item or you will be very disappointed.

Pottery Barn response

Stacey, I am sorry to hear of your disappointing experience, and I would like to speak with your further. I have sent a private message containing my contact information. Please feel free to reach out at your convenience. -Ramona

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I just purchased two lamps from Pottery Barn on Feb 9th. Received them Feb 13th. Both lamps went on sale Feb 14th, After looking up their policy, I was excited to be able to receive the difference back. Nowhere in their return, exchange, or price adjustments policy does it state that they will only issue a merchandise credit. Now, I could understand a merchandise credit if I couldn't prove my purchase or it was outside 7 days. But that is not the case. This was well within 7 days and even though the customer service representative was very nice, her superior would only allow her to issue a credit. I'm not one to get angry to get my way, I feel it is not professional. But I will take what you give me and then voice my experience.

So here is my experience. I just purchased a home and have to furnish over 3,000 square feet of space. I have just started decorating my new home and already have had a mishap with Pottery Barn. I have a lot of decorating to do, and even though I just started and was going to purchase a few things from each of their sister companies. Through this one experience they will no longer receive my hard earned money. This was my first experience with the Pottery Barn and it will be my last experience with them and their sister companies. If they only value me enough to issue me merchandise credit of $60. Then I can spend the rest of my time and money with other companies that do take care of their guest. Restoration Hardware, Wayfair to name a few that have my business.

After having this experience I have started shopping around only to find there are other companies out there that have similar items and for less cost. I truly do not feel valued, I feel cheated out of my hard earned money, I feel that this is not the way to conduct business, and feel their policy needs to be transparent to their customers before purchase is made. I hope this will help other consumers out there with a decision on taking a chance on a company. I should have did my homework before making a purchase with Pottery Barn.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I ordered a custom bed back one October. It was going to take 12 weeks to make, no problem. When I originally ordered it my default address was set to our summer home in N.C. and I didn’t realize. Almost 12 weeks later in December I finally got a call to schedule delivery. They gave me the address and I immediately realized my mistake. They told me it would take about a week to get the items from GA to FL. No problem especially since it was my mistake. At least two more weeks go by and I hear nothing. All the while I’m dealing with my father who has a terminally ill cancer so I’m flying back and forth to NY. They call to reschedule for the following week and then come to find out it’s delivered to my N.C. house not in FL. After I already corrected the situation or so I thought! Then it takes me literally hours on the phone to try and correct it.

They offer me my shipping chargeback, wow $200 for all this time and work I’ve been having to do, thanks. This started in December it is now February and I’ve had no bed to sleep on for two months. I paid over $6,000 for a bed set I still don’t have. Not to mention the tens of thousands of dollars I have spent with the company and no one seems to care that I still don’t have my bed set. Never again will I order furniture from Pottery Barn. I waited over 20 min to try and get a supervisor on the phone yesterday and still never got to speak to one. Pretty pathetic for such an established company. I still have no guarantee if my bed is even in FL yet.

Pottery Barn response

Courtney, I am so sorry to hear of your disappointing delivery experience, and I would like to help. I have sent a private message with my contact information, and I hope to hear from you soon. -Ramona

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I purchased the Border around Jute Rug about a week or so ago as well as a desk. Both items were delivered quicker than expected and both were pleasantly better than I expected. But herein lies the problem. I spilled a clearish liquid on the rug one morning and quickly followed the care instructions for natural materials (blot and continue to blot until as much is absorbed) and then proceeded to put baking soda on the spill to draw up the moisture.

I am now on day 3 and the rug has stained an orange/brown color and looks absolutely terrible. I have researched every way to care for the rug and all state that the jute rug is easy to clean. Will last forever. And should not stain. I am not disappointed in Pottery Barn at all but I am now sitting on a $400 rug with a nasty stain on it. I wish there was something that could be done. For anyone in the market for a jute rug... don't buy it.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I ordered a Juno desk from PB. Years ago, their service was great but now it has just simply gone downhill. Rather than white glove delivery, the desk arrived from UPS. Upon opening the package, a piece of wood was chipped and the iron was bent out of shape in a few places. It took multiple phones calls and a few hours (no exaggeration) of hold time to get them to send me a new one. Had to call back more times for them to arrange a UPS pickup of the original (they asked me to take this 100+ lb desk to the UPS Store on my own). The saga doesn't end there. The second desk was also damaged, cracked in 3 places. I was unable after multiple calls and excessive hold time to get a hold of them. Finally I gave up - I still have a broken desk of ridiculously poor quality that I paid an enormous amount of money for and I can't get them to resolve the issue. Stay away from Pottery Barn!

Pottery Barn response

Hi Elliot: Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention and I am very sorry for the delivery method. A private message has been sent to you with my contact information so I can assist by email. I look forward to hearing back from you soon and thank you for being a valued Pottery Barn customer. - Katie

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

When the bottom floor of our home was destroyed due to Hurricane Harvey, after rebuilding and painting we decided to go to Pottery Barn at the beginning of November 2017 to replace the Master Bedroom and Living room Furniture that was also destroyed. We met with a design rep at the store (very nice lady), and showed her the blueprints of living room and the paint samples we had painted. She designed out a chair and sectional that she recommended, including the type of material to cover the sectional, and we also chose a king size bed, with matching dresser and nightstands. She warned us that the sectional will take a couple of months, as it had to be assembled, and she found that the bed was on backorder and wouldn't be available until the end of January. We went ahead and made the purchase, as they were offering double rewards and a flood victim's incentive. The purchase price still ended up being over $6k.

The dresser, nightstands and chair were delivered on December 1st. The deliver of them was fine, but a few days later, we realized that one of the inner screws on one of the dresser drawers was stripped out and ripped through the wood, which was the reason why it wasn't opening as it felt like it should. Not a huge deal, but definitely a problem. The nightstands and chair were fine.

Our sectional was delivered on Jan 9th, 2018 and that is where the real trouble starts. The sectional is huge, and doesn't even come close to fitting in the space as designed by their designer. Furthermore, there are huge gaps in both the seat and back cushions, and there is a sharp nail that is just about to poke through the material on the back side. The color of the sectional does not match with our walls, (which, like I said at the beginning, we provided to the designer) and the material is a velvet, which is not going to be family - or dog-friendly, even though we told the designer all these things up front and she assured us would be perfectly fine.

We contacted the store manager (who got back to us very quickly), who asked that we provide pictures of both the couch and the dresser. She was able to quickly generate a return order for the dresser, where she told us that the damaged dresser would be picked up and a new one would be delivered, with a date between Feb 8-22nd. However, because the sectional was a custom piece (I guess because it has to be built, that makes it custom), she had to contact the Quality Team who would then get in contact with us and want pictures and whatnot.

The QT contacted us within 10 minutes of our correspondence with the store manager, and sure enough, they requested the pictures of the sectional. After a week, they responded back, saying that a technician would be out on February 2nd to check out the sectional and re-level it, which should alleviate the gaps. On February 2nd, about 2 hours before the appointment, the technician calls and is very apologetic, saying his daughter's school called in saying she was sick and he had to come pick her up. He asked if we could reschedule for Feb 9th, which we accepted. At this point, the bed was still showing on the website of being available for delivery from January 26-Feb 9th.

Today, February 6th, I called into customer service to inquire about the bed, as we hadn't been called about a delivery time, and the website still showed that it was available to be delivered by Friday. After looking into it, they said that today someone from the delivery service would call to set up the time. A couple hours later, my wife gets a phone call regarding scheduling the delivery of the replacement dresser, which was set for Feb 8th-22nd. They said that the soonest they could get out here was March 6th. Needless to say, my wife wasn't really happy, but it was only a couple weeks past it's scheduled time. She then proceeded to inquire about the bed, which is supposed to be delivered by Friday. They said that the soonest they could get out here to delivery the bed was also March 6th.

So of our order made November 6th, we have a broken dresser, a sectional that isn't anywhere close to what we were promised in terms of design or quality, and are sleeping on our mattress on the floor because we STILL don't have a bed. And to top it all off, everything is bought and paid for. We don't owe Pottery Barn a dime, and they have continued to disappoint. I do not fault the store manager, as she has been very quick in her actions, but I am very disappointed in the quality of service by the in-store designer, the quality of the assembly of the dresser and sectional, and the waffling of the delivery times by the delivery company. I'll update the review once we see what happens with the sectional on Feb 9th.

Hello Glenn,

My name is Sharla and I'm a member of Pottery Barns Social Media Team. I'm truly sorry to hear you've had such a poor experience with this order. I've reviewed your order details, and will be reaching out to you via email to offer my assistance. Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience.

Warm Regards,
    Sharla-
    schappel@wsgc.com
    Mon-Fri 12:30 PM -9:00 PM PST

Pottery Barn Social Media Team

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Called on 12/29/17 to cancel a back ordered item (which they did not inform me was back ordered, saw it online when I checked on order). Customer Service was going to follow up with me regarding refund, never did. I since have called 2 more times and still no credit or follow up like they each said they would do. So I have paid for a coffee table I never have received, crazy!!! I did receive my couch and after 3 weeks it had a huge bulge in the pillow and the fabric was already peeling. I called Customer Service again (waiting no less than 45 minutes each time I call) Baraba was very friendly but same song and dance...

She told me my credit will show in 3-5 days on my credit card for the table I canceled in December (a week later nothing). She did get me online with the company that will pick up my damaged couch but what concerns me is they are going to take my couch tomorrow when will I see the credit... Guess I have to call and wait on hold for another hour of my life to get the same story from customer service? This is not right... I am very very very frustrated and will not shop at this store ever again.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I have been a loyal PB customer and love their products. I saved my Christmas money and rewards to purchase two wine racks. 3 days after placing this order I saw that they were on sale cheaper. I called customer service to see if they would honor the difference as I wanted to purchase more items based on the price. I was there. Told no, I had to return the two I bought and re-buy them. This, I immediately took them to UPS and mailed back on 1/6/18. Now in February I see I only received $74 credit from the $269 that I spent on the shelves. When I called they informed me only 1 made it back to the warehouse and I am just out money. Unfortunately it is on my credit card so If I don’t pay my credit will be ruined. I will be canceling this card and NEVER shopping at PB or any of their affiliates based on the horrible customer service. Think twice before buying from them.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I used the PB design service, whereby 2 employees from the Flatiron store came to my home and recommended a couch and a fabric. I thought it over and after a few days called the store gave the employee my PB credit card and told him to go ahead and order the Pearce upholstered couch, which was delivered on October 31st. By mid December I noticed the couch was pilling and not just on the cushions where we sit but also on the front and back. I thought it was odd, as the fabric was called performance tweed and the PB Designer assured me they have it on the floor in the Manhattan store and it is suitable for a den. Because we were going away for the holidays I waited until January 15 to contact customer service. I was told that because the couch was delivered from the manufacturer directly that I would have to deal with them.

The customer service rep also told me that the pilling was a common issue with the couches and instructed me to take photos and send them to her which I did. The following day Jan. 16 I sent her another email requesting that someone come out to see the couch because I felt the photos from my phone would not sufficiently show the pilling because the fabric was a light color. Jan 17 she wrote back saying she requested a "medic" come out. January 24 I wrote her again to say it's been over a week and no one has contacted me. Same day she replied that they are behind on requests. On Jan. 28 I still had not heard back and was sensing that no medic is actually coming out to inspect the couch. I then emailed the original guy that actually ordered the couch for me at the Flatiron store, I explained that I was getting the runaround and asked for his assistance--til today (Feb. 4) I have still not gotten an email back from him.

On Jan 30 I called the Flatiron store asking to speak with the store manager, I was told that the store didn't have a manager!?! I was able to speak with an assistant manager (he said he was one of many) and I did get his name as well. I explained the whole story to him and added that I did not think I should be talking to the manufacturer in any case because I purchased the couch directly from Pottery Barn, and no less using a Pottery Barn credit card. As far as I am concerned I shouldn't be dealing with a 3rd party that doesn't know me.

In truth, I now believe that I was being told a BS story about dealing with the manufacturer. He also instructed me to send him photos, which I did, and have also never heard back from him as well. Pottery Barn has gone to great lengths to be evasive, and to ignore all my requests whether by phone or email. It has been 3 weeks since my initial contact. I am very disappointed in the unprofessional manner this company handles complaints. The fabric that the couch is made of is very cheap and not worth the almost $4000 I paid for this piece of furniture.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

On November 24, 2017 I purchased the Pittsburgh Crank Desk which looked like it would be perfect for the new job I had just started. Several weeks go by and I hear nothing from the store as to when my new desk would arrive. In January 2018 I call the store to ask about an estimated delivery time. I am told this desk was so popular that it was back ordered. They did not have an estimated delivery time. Several more weeks go by and I receive a message from PB telling me that the base of my desk has come in and that it is urgent that I come pick it up asap so that the store can make room for inventory.

I call the store to ask if I can wait until the top comes in so that I only have to make one 1-hour trip to Albuquerque to pick up my new desk. The answer was "no" and I should pick up the base immediately. It's a bit ironic that I can wait patiently for 8 weeks for half of my desk to arrive but PB cannot wait until the rest of my desk comes in for me to come pick it up. Where is the customer service??? It is now February 4th with no communication from PB. Where in the heck is the top to my desk? I did pick up the base but now it sits incomplete in my office. Still waiting...

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I ordered a Faux Silver Sage Wreath on January 13, 2018. When I ordered I do not remember a notation on the website that the item was backordered. The confirmation did state that the item is backordered and the expected arrival date was January 22. I have been checking the tracking and the delivery date has been repeatedly moved back. It is now February 12 however as it has been punched back repeatedly there is no assurance that this is an accurate date. I did call Pottery Barn customer service and let them know about my experience and that I would be placing a review online. On the internet it shows that the satisfaction rate is very high, however I could not find a way to access those reviews or enter my own review.

The item that I ordered is no longer on the Pottery Barn website. My recommendation to customers is that they buy from Magnolia Market who has many products that are similar. Customer service is great! In a rare case that an item is on backorder it is clearly written; you cannot order the item. The cool thing is that they give their apology (unlike Pottery Barn) and then have a place to click so that you are notified as soon as the item is available. I will not be purchasing any more items online from Pottery Barn.

Updated on [01/30/2018]: I contacted Pottery Barn again today as I went to the tracking and there was no date for delivery. Manager said that they are sorry but that item is no longer available. They are not ordering it. The manager was able to locate two in a store and they are shipping it to me. He stated that they are looking into their computer system. In the future when purchasing online I will be going to the Consumer Affairs website to look for reviews even when it is a well known store with a good reputation in the past.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I tried to return a medicine cabinet, call about 4 times and never received the "return label". The last time I called the customer service the woman was so rude. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she said she didn't have one and there was no one else to speak to. Are they trained to railroad you. I vowed never to buy anything from them again but my daughter insisted on buying her bed from PBTeen. We just received it and we are unsatisfied. I am now in the same boat of trying to return this damn thing. I have been on hold on two separate calls for an hour. When the woman finally picked up so she said couldn't hear me and hung up. As fast as she could I might add. Must be a miserable job and they delight in hanging up on customers.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

First, I would like to say I'm appalled at how many negative reviews there are on here for PB. This just looks like a page where people complain and never leave positive reviews. The first item I bought from PB was the Luca Chandelier. The day it was to be delivered to my house I could not be home, but my husband was. He told me that when the shipping company dropped off the chandelier he was completely ignored, there was no introduction as to who they were, they were several hours late, and one of the men was taking a private phone call while delivering the item. Once my husband told me what happened I knew it was the vendor that PB hired that was the cause of such poor customer service, NOT PB.

Customer service sent me an email later that evening when the chandelier was delivered asking how my experience was with their vendor. I expressed in the review everything my husband dealt with. Within one hour a PB customer representative called me and gave me a sincere apology with a refund for the shipping charges on the item. The chandelier came in perfect condition and I absolutely love it! Overall, I am extremely impressed with their customer service. I have recently purchased a sofa from PB so I will type another review on that to let people know how my experience goes.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I saw a chandelier in Pottery Barn's catalog yesterday. It was priced at $449 which included a $50 Sales Discount. During the course of ordering it I caught that the shipping charges were an ADDITIONAL $199! Total price with tax $706. What is shocking is that most of their competitors have free shipping (Amazon is but one). We recently purchased a couch, 2 leather chairs, and a headboard from Pottery Barn, and those shipping charges only totalled $400. The lamp only weighs 9 lbs, so I feel that something in the $50 range would be much more appropriate. Quite candidly, $199 sounds greedy. Is Pottery Barn is in the delivery business as well? Would love to know why that advertise an item for $449 (+ tax) when they hit you with a sticker shock of $706. So unhappy! Caveat Emptor.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

If I could give them zero or negative stars I would. I purchased a sofa from Pottery Barn which was delivered in April, 2017. The sofa was damaged. The delivery crew noted the damage and took photos and said that PB would contact me. Several weeks later I contacted PB and they could not locate the delivery notes or the photos. I had to resend photos to PB. I have spoken to no less than 6 different people at PB in attempt to get them to either replace the sofa or give an appearance allowance. All said that they would investigate and get back with me. One actually did place a temporary credit for the charge while they investigated.

Then, I received a bill for the sofa but had not received any response from PB. I also got a nasty call from someone stating that they had tried to reach me about picking the sofa up and suggested that I was avoiding them... Untrue and unbelievable!!! I again reached out to PB and was promised yet another call back which never came. I also contacted the charge company (Comenity Bank) and challenged the charge. PB then lied to Comenity and told them the charge was valid even though PB had never responded to my numerous inquiries. This week (January, 2018) I find I am still dealing with this and cannot get anyone at PB to respond. I even sent an e-mail to the CEO (Laura J. Alber)- NO RESPONSE!

I sent an e-mail and copied every manager that I had previously spoken with - NO RESPONSE!. I called and left voice messages - NO RESPONSE!. Each time I call is an hour of my life that I will never get back. I finally reached another "supervisor" who said he would discuss an allowance/credit with his supervisor and call me back. Not surprisingly, I did not hear back from him in the time he said he would respond and again had to call PB to follow up. In any event, his supervisor refused to allow any credit or offer any replacement of the damaged sofa.

None of their people are empowered to make decisions. You can never get to a higher level as these folks apparently do not speak directly with customers. The only reason I have put up with this is because my wife likes the sofa. I am not a fan. However, we are now both to the point where we no longer want to do business with a company like this. It is simply not that nice of a sofa. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE experience. The folks at PB do not follow through and you can never speak with anyone who has any authority. They jerk you around and say they will "investigate" and get back with you. What is there to "investigate"? Sofa is damaged during delivery. Either replace the thing or offer some appearance allowance. Really, how hard can this be? I suspect they hope that customers will just give up and go away. Shame on PB for treating customers this way.

At this point, enough is enough. I sent PB an e-mail and told them to come and pick it up. SHOCKER - I haven't heard back from them yet. I have no more time to donate to them and will never spend another penny at their store. And, I will avail myself of every opportunity to warn others to spend their hard earned money at a store that genuinely appreciates its customers.

Updated on 02/04/2018: This is an update to my previous complaint re issues with PB sofa and its customer service. PB did come and pick up the sofa after repeatedly refusing to offer any appearance allowance or make any effort to resolve the issue. The crew picking it up dropped it on the sidewalk, placed the seat cushions on the ground, then once the sofa was on the truck, they dragged it across the bare truck floor. To top it off, they just threw the cushions into the back of the truck. Seems like PB would rather destroy the product in front of the customer rather than offer any appearance allowance. Unbelievable!!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Beware. When you use a Pottery Barn reward for a purchase, NONE of the purchase is refundable or eligible to be returned for credit, even if the total amount of the purchase exceeds the reward amount. This is a disaster. I spent $65 using a reward of $50. After returning it, I assumed the $15 would be credited to my account. FALSE!! I am contacting the Better Business Bureau but am not optimistic. In addition, PB claimed it was the bank (Comenity). Also false. PB refuse to have a conference call to confirm that it was Comenity's policy; Comenity was adamant that they simply process what PB tells them to. I will never shop in PB again, but they are not bothered by the loss of several thousand a year. I wish I had checked the reviews before using the PB card and hope you learn from my mistake.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I ordered a Pottery Barn Teen Palm Tree book bag from Pottery Barn in Aug. 2017. Pottery Barn still has not sent the book bag to my granddaughter. Do not buy anything regarding Pottery Barn. This date is 1/24/2018.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I have spent at least two hours trying to sort out a full refund for 2 sets of curtains which I returned. I placed a huge order in Sept (curtains, couch, rug, etc., etc) which totaled a few thousand dollars. There were two sets of curtains which were backordered. By December, I was so frustrated and I was able to locate them in two different stores. After I had purchased those and the curtains shipped, I was notified that my backorder curtains were on the way even after I had canceled them. I received the bulky curtains which UPS would not take back and was charged the full amount on my credit card. I returned both sets of curtains to the store ($577) and for some reason, was issued a partial refund onto my PB credit card.

After spending a couple hours on the phone and 3 phone calls, they tell me it was a partial refund due to reward cards I had used for the entire purchase (over three thousand dollars). The charge on my credit card has not been zeroed out even after I returned the curtains. I have asked to speak to a supervisor and I get denied each time I call. This is ridiculous! Pottery Barn is taking $375 off my hard earned money and they do not have the decency to talk to me and issue a full refund. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

On 10th October 2017, I ordered a sectional from Pottery Barn Oak bookstore and I still haven't received it. Every time I have called to inquire about the status, I am told the item is back ordered. I finally got frustrated and sent an email to customer service and was told that "Unfortunately we are unable to manage the vendors and again apologize sincerely." I was charged in full for the price of the sectional which has still not been delivered. Current estimate for delivery is 2.28.2018 - 3-2-2018.

I am in shock at lack of customer service and lack of professionalism. I moved to a new house and was looking for a sectional for living room as soon as possible. When we ordered the sofa we were told we should will have it before the end of the year. A refund of shipping or sales tax is not going to solve my problem of not having a place to sit and relax with my family after a long day at work.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I ordered the Pottery Barn Jute Rug and received a very mildew smelling rug. I called customer service and received other rug. Still smelling of mildew. After spending hours on the phone I was assured that it would be inspected before I received another rug. The 3rd rug still smelled of mildew. Now I have 3 rugs smelling up my home and I had to pay UPS to pick them up. I asked for a supervisor twice and was told they would call me back but no one called.

I finally spoke to a customer service rep who said he would have someone check the warehouse where the rugs were coming from and make sure I received a rug that did not smell. I now have a 4th rug that smells of mildew. This has gone on for 2 months and I am getting nowhere. My credit card is receiving financial charges because I have only paid the minimum and I feel I should be getting a total refund after 4 attempts of getting a quality product. I want my Pottery Barn credit card refunded of all charges plus shipping. These rugs are dangerous and I am so frustrated that I am getting nowhere.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I ordered this Inglesina Fast Table Chair for my 8 month old granddaughter for Christmas. It was sold out on Amazon, so when I Googled it and found that it was listed on the Pottery Barn Kids website as "Online Only - Free and Fast Shipping", I was thrilled to find it, and on December 7th I ordered it, thinking it would be delivered in plenty of time for Christmas. Within a few minutes of placing my order, I received a confirmation email from PB acknowledging that they'd received my order and were processing it.

A little over an hour later, I received a second email from PB, an Order Confirmation, notifying me that my order had been processed; however, the same email also notified me the chair wouldn't be delivered until January 18th and noted that it was a special order item that was not returnable. It was not on sale, so I don't know why it was considered a special order. Furthermore, if I'd known it wasn't available for another 6 weeks, I wouldn't have ordered it from Pottery Barn, and also, I would never order a baby item that was not returnable because what if, for some reason, it doesn't work out? Which is exactly what happened when this item was FINALLY delivered on January 18: it doesn't fit my daughter's table, or rather, due to the design of the chair vs the configuration of the hardware on the underside of the table, it doesn't work.

My daughter discovered this as soon as she removed it from the box and attempted to fasten it to the table. So now, almost 2 months after Christmas, she's finally received a baby chair from Pottery Barn that she can't use and which she can't return. When I order from Amazon, if an item is only available for delayed delivery, I'm asked if I still want to order it. It would be great if Pottery Barn would do the same. As it is, I feel like I was tricked into purchasing something that wasn't available, with restrictions (not returnable) that weren't stated upfront. I won't be ordering anything from PB online again, and I won't hesitate to tell others about my experience.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

After waiting 2 weeks, the delivery of two beds was done with "white glove service" which I had purchased. However, screws were missing and so the delivery people couldn't put together the bed. After spending enormous time on hold several times, I finally hung up. Finally I held on for almost an hour and got through to someone only to be told she would look into the matter. Now, almost a week later and several emails back and forth still nothing has been done and we cannot use one of the beds.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Pottery Barn Teen - The absolute worst experience I have had in my life. Placed order on Dec. 10th after 2 plus hours on hold. Come to find out item is backordered. That's okay but after a 3 week delivery date because my service area only gets visited once a month, unacceptable. Worst part is representative was so quick to offer canceling my order that I've already waited over a month and paid for. Yes, they took money out of my account before shipment.

If I hadn't promised my daughter the gift for her 10th birthday I would gladly cancel and take my business elsewhere. After the last 2 hours spent on the phone trying to get in touch with someone who can help I've decided nobody knows what they are doing over there. Loft bed has since been discounted and in stock. I purchased full price backordered with 3 week delivery date. Then I get nothing but attitude from customer service when I state this is unacceptable. Worst part is I just ordered a custom couch and opened a Pottery Barn CC with this same company. Will be paid off and canceled IMMEDIATELY!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Honestly have never had a worse experience with Customer Service in my life. I am not sure why they would have such an incompetent staff but I have contacted them over 8 times in attempts to get my order returned and refunded to my card with no success. For the first 6 attempts, I received the incorrect shipping label, for the next 2 they sent my money back on Merchandise Credit after being guaranteed, by the supervisor, I will get my money back on my credit card. They have certainly lost any of my future business. It is a shame, I used to be a frequent customer.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I've shopped at PB for several years. I do like their 'style'. I have found the quality of their products however, not to be a good value. For the cost of their products, they should hold up better. We have brought some area rugs, mostly natural fiber. There are only 2 of us & a well behaved dog (so not a lot of traffic), yet, the large 9x12 $$$ rug looked like it was 10 yrs old after 1 year. Another, rug was in a room rarely used so it still looks OK; plus it is sisal. I recently bought a house plant. Of course when I bought it, the website indicated Fast Free Shipping. The next day on the order confirmation it indicated it was back-ordered & would take up to 4 months. It arrived today (1 month sooner than the 4 months). The quality is so poor.

For me, no more purchases from Pottery Barn! I've been duped & disappointed too often in the past; I've finally learned. I have relatives that have purchase a house full of PB furniture, etc. It is wearing terribly; but that's their problem to resolve. Also, it is very curious why PB does not have a 'review' feature alongside their products, to give a different perspective. Their competition does; maybe it's deliberate. Customer Svc is not very helpful either. I'm done with Pottery Barn.

Pottery Barn Company Information

www.potterybarn.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use