1.15/5
Based on 266 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

917 Pottery Barn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I have called 3x now within the last 2 weeks in regards to an order that ARRIVED BROKEN and I still have no resolution. The item is not back in stock until December so I was told someone would call me to arrange for a pickup of the item. This still has not happened. I was also told I could return the item to a local Pottery Barn store because it may be easier than repacking this large 70 lb desk into a box, (it took me 40 min to unpack it!) but now I am told by the Pottery Barn store in Winter Park FL that they will not accept this item.

How many more times do I need to call/email to get this resolved? The item is BROKEN, it is unable to be repaired and you cannot send me a replacement. This item is taking up my entire guest bedroom and I would like it GONE ASAP. The most recent answer that I got from customer service is that because it is back-to-school season they are overloaded and cannot properly service their customers. Well back to school season comes at the same time every year. Maybe it would be smart for them to hire extra help? Not my problem. Get this thing out of my house.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

OMG!!! No words to even describe the experience we had with PB. Hindsight is foresight and I hope others will just proceed with caution... From unbelievable delays in furniture delivery, damaged items, misrepresentation of services (the store "designers" are glorified salespeople and NOT actual designers... FYI), poor customer service, lack of communication, disorganized billing system (please do not get the PB card to save 10%... save yourself the headaches with their billing system), etc... I can go on an on!!! I actually waited over a month of separating ties with PB to write this review. (I honestly don't even think I have ever written a negative review before.) And, today I can look back and actually laugh about this UNBELIEVABLE experience we had with PB. But, had we known any of this, I would never had even thought about choosing to do business with this company. BUYER BEWARE!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I ordered a bed for my son from PBteen on 3/24/18. Nearly five months have passed and we still have no bed. I have called numerous times to check on the status, each time waiting in queue for half an hour only to be told that they have no information from the manufacturer when I finally talk with someone. The last straw is that they charged me for the bed this week but it still hasn’t shipped. Will have to consult credit card company to dispute the charge. All while my son sleeps on the floor waiting for a bed paid for with PB merch credit so I need to continue with this sorry excuse for a company. Buy elsewhere!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I ordered the chesterfield storage bed in March and it is now August and I’m still waiting. I have called and called and was told the fabric was on back order. Supposedly it’s at the hub now and I should expect a call within the next couple days. It’s very frustrating to have to wait 5 months for order! Use caution when ordering from Pottery Barn unless you have time to wait months! Also I put it on our PB credit card and got billed for it in April, husband paid the bed off that month so we’ve bought a bed that we haven’t had for 5 months!??? And now I can’t get the lady I’ve been dealing with at the headquarters to answer my calls. Very, very frustrating!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I purchased a sectional sofa from Pottery Barn that ended up being $4,500. I don't mind paying for quality and it seemed exactly what I wanted. When the sofa arrived (in a timely manner) I immediately phone PB to say that the cushions were not large enough and created a 4 inch gap between two cushions. They asked me to take photos and measurements and communicate with their customer service department. I did that. I had to push to get response. I had a number emails ignored so I started calling. Once I called I got a response. I requested that the new cushion be made 3 inches wider to fill the gap assuming that once the cushions relaxed the gad would be filled.

The new cushion I received was exactly the same dimensions as the first. I DO NOT suggest purchasing a sectional sofa from pottery barn. A sofa at this price range should be perfection. I am now stuck with that huge gap as I am too exhausted to purchase this further and the sofa is a custom order (apparently not) so I cannot return it. DO NOT PURCHASE A SOFA FROM POTTERY BARN. It is very light and scoots across the carpet easily. A $4,500 sofa should be sturdy and heavy. This one is hooked together with brackets to keep the sections from moving, but they move anyway. Overall, I give this sofa one star only because the fabric is lovely.

On another note: I purchased this sofa and other items using the PB credit card so I could receive rewards. When I used $475 worth of rewards I was told that the reward money would not be applied at the time of purchase. What they meant was the reward one would never be applied unless I called and followed up. It has been more than a month and they made no attempt to apply the reward money. Discounts and rewards should be applied at the time of purchase so customers will know where they stand financially and not have to remember to chase down their reward money later. I'm sure PB doesn't forget to charge you interest on your purchase, how odd they forget to give apply reward points.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Placed order (Arizona Saguaro photo) through Amazon who passed it through Pottery Barn who reported the delivery date to be August 6, Then changed delivery date to “in progress”. When I first called Pottery Barn - held for an hour... Said she would check with Vendor. No follow up. Called today - one hour hold - Michelle says she will personally track and report Saturday. Order placed July 10. I used to do a lot of business with Pottery Barn in Dallas. Hope we are not witnessing a decline in the business model. However if others are seeing the same decline please report it...

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I will never spend another dime in this store and I hope that they go bankrupt soon. What a disaster. I bought furniture which took forever to arrive. I decided to spend the credit that I earned in the store. I spent over 800$ and so I paid over 200$ in cash. I returned about 100$ worth of the merchandise and thought that I should get a refund for the $100.00. But apparently that is not how it works and so now I am out of 100$ and I don't have. Then the wrong item was ordered and so I returned it, got a store credit and paid the 75$ difference. Now their credit card which I am going to cut and return to them is charging me for the items that I returned without applying the credit for the returned item. I have spent hours on the phone and of course I think it is by design to discourage the consumer from calling. Well they just lost yet another customer!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I ordered four items: A Charlie extra-wide smoked charcoal dresser, Charlie 4-IN-1 convertible crib, Charlie convertible toddler bed set, and a Charlie convertible full bed set, on June 13, 2018. I was told the dresser was in stock, and the rest of the items would be shipping shortly to the warehouse. I was billed for everything upfront, and paid in full. Every time I called PB, I was given a new delivery date.

First, I was told the dresser would be delivered June 29, 2108. Day came and went, no delivery, no phone call. I called many times in a series of long waits, 1/2 hour or more. Then customer service told me July 3 for dresser, then July 5th, then July 11th. Baby's birth came and went on July 19th. No nursery furniture. Finally, someone told me the order won't be delivered until EVERYTHING comes to warehouse. But wait, "we can make exceptions, I'll write one up for you, at least you"ll have crib and dresser." Nothing happened.

Finally, I was told I would get a partial shipment. No one ever told me the same story. Finally, on July 27th, I received an email that three items were coming, one not. What about the policy of everything having to be in the warehouse first? Well, the warehouse was overflowing, had to get furniture NOW. But wait, all four items are coming. I held my breath. Day arrived, delivery to my son's house, WITHOUT white glove delivery, just sat on the floor. One item still missing. Wait a minute, what about white glove delivery? What happens to my other item? "Felipe" says we don't do that.

Now, a week later, I call PB with a 1/2 hour wait on one line, 3/4 hour wait on another. First person said all four items were delivered, but she could be mistaken, need to talk to furniture. Dominique in furniture tells me she will reorder the item that was lost, didn't get shipped, etc. She gave me a new order number, told me we should get it by 8/14. I reiterated order number and date. But wait, no, that's when it MIGHT get into the warehouse? What about white glove delivery I didn't get on other products? They are sitting on the floor unopened, we need someone to open and inspect. For goodness sake, my grandbaby is already here! Dominique assured me, when delivery comes for last item, the person will inspect other boxes and set up crib, etc.

I've been told so many things, given so many dates and promises, I don't know what to believe. All I know is every time I call, there is a LONG wait, at least 1/2 hour or more. And every time I get a different answer! Today I looked at the PB site for my order. It says "Some of your white glove delivery items are ready for delivery. Call us at 877-298-3583 during the following hours to schedule an appointment." (shows hours).

Then, the REAL KICKER: "You have a white glove delivery scheduled for Feb. 02, 2022. We will contact you for a more specific time frame the day of the appointment." I could hardly stop laughing! I hope I'm still alive by Feb. 2, 2022 because this company is giving me high blood pressure. Today I looked up the corporate office address and phone number. It appears Vickie ** is the VP of retail sales for PB kids among other things. I am seriously thinking of writing her a letter/giving her a call/getting her email. This is what I think should happen with my case -- refund my shipping and give me the white glove service; the crib I purchased is $300 cheaper now, give me this rate. The website says for all PB kids, 20% off and free shippping, I think I should be at least compensated this.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I purchase $4000+ worth of home office furniture. Firstly it came in damaged. Many pieces had to be replaced which meant scheduling days off from work and other very important personal responsibilities. I did however receive a reward certificate worth almost $400. Unfortunately a few weeks after receiving the furniture I had to be admitted to the hospital for treatment for a very serious illness. In fact I was admitted to the hospital 4 times within a 5 month period. I knew I had the reward certificate and thought it expired at the end of the month, however it actually expired on the 2nd of that month. I realized it on the 9th.

I called PB immediately, spoke to 3 different supervisors. They all refused to honor the certificate even with my extenuating circumstances. I even told them my personal health history! No one would lie about a health history like the one I currently have. The answer still was NO. What kind of business is this? What kind of customer service and empathy for people who have been good customers for many years. I closed my Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma accounts and will never walk into one of their stores again. Heartless people. I can take my business somewhere else. Be wary, they are just interested in your money.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Do not shop at Pottery Barn. I ordered outdoor furniture. I called after it didn’t arrive. I received no notification of a delay from PB. They told me on the phone that the furniture would be delayed for at least month. Contacting me first that the furniture was delayed was not something on PB’s to do list. So I cancelled the order and they returned about 55% of what I paid. I waited on the phone for 90 minutes before speaking to a manager who said nothing useful to find out what happened to the balance of the money. Received no useful answer. Customer service is actually customer disservice. I will take further action. Getting 55% money back and forfeiting the balance is incredible.

Original review: July 31, 2018

On 3/21/18 I placed an order for my baby's bedroom set; a convertible crib, conversion kit, dresser, and changing table topper. It is now 7/31/18 and I have yet to receive the changing table topper. The topper delivery has been rescheduled 6 times so far. I've spent countless hours on the phone trying to reach someone in a managerial position but am told that nobody has direct lines so you have to go through customer service. Every time I call customer service the recording says that they are "experiencing higher than normal call volumes" and I am stuck waiting on hold. On more than one occasion I have waited well over an hour before getting anyone on the line.

On another occasion I had been waiting on hold for roughly an hour when my call was disconnect as their business hours were over for the day. When I immediately called back the recording had been changed to say I was attempting to reach them after hours and would need to call back during regular business hours. When speaking with the shipping department (when your order is rescheduled 6 times in a month you speak with them a lot) I asked to speak to a manager and rather then escalating my call the representative put me back into the normal pool of callers so my call was answered by another phone rep as opposed to a manager. I again asked for a manager and the new phone rep "tried" to reach one for me but said they were all busy and that she would send an email on my behalf and I would receive a call back within 24 hours. I never received a callback.

During another call with shipping I asked to speak with a manager and requested that I be compensated for the delay with my order. I was put on hold, no manager was to be found, but I was told they were able to give me a refund of my shipping fees. I do not think that is fair considering it has now been 4 months since I placed the order (roughly 3 1/2 months at the time of the call), so in addition to the shipping fees I was offered and additional 10% off my order. I confirmed that the refund would be on my entire order and asked when I should expect to see the funds only to be told that it is company policy that refunds can not be given until the product is in your possession. So... no product and no refund.

Timeline of Events to Date: 3/21/18 - Order placed for crib, conversion kit, dresser & changing table topper. Placed the order through a store so that I could specify that I wanted a split delivery and did not want to wait until all pieces arrived. (I had issues with this 4 years ago when ordering my older sons bedroom set.) 4/19/18 - Crib arrived after multiple phone calls with customer service. Order had not been properly coded to deliver the pieces as they came in so crib was being held to ship once the full order was ready.

Mid June - Website said that dresser was available for delivery. Called to see if I could schedule my dresser for delivery as I was still waiting. Was told that the website was wrong (another customer had also called earlier in the day with the same question) and to call back in a week. 6/27/18 - Called about scheduling delivery for my dresser. Delivery scheduled for 7/2/18. 6/28/18 - Received an email saying it was "Time to schedule" my delivery. Called to make sure I had an apt already scheduled and was assured I did. Was also told that I could schedule the delivery for my changing table topper, which we set up for 7/6/18. 7/2/18 - Dresser received. 7/4/18- Email confirming delivery of topper for 7/6/18.

7/6/18 - Received text message at 6:10 am saying delivery would be arriving in 30 min. At 8:00 am called to see if the driver got lost. Was told that a message would be sent to the driver of the truck and someone would get in touch with me. At 9:30 am received a call saying they needed to reschedule my delivery since the item never made it on the truck and wouldn't actually be in the warehouse until the 13th; therefore the earliest it could be delivered would be the 14th. Asked to be scheduled for 7/14/18 in the 9-11am time slot. Was told the timing couldn't be guaranteed but a request would be noted.

7/12/18 - Called back to check on delivery appointment as email confirmation was never received. Was told that there was no delivery scheduled and that the earliest that one could be scheduled was in 8 business days due to "company policy." Anything scheduled prior to the 8 day window would be canceled. Scheduled delivery for 7/20/18. Received confirmation email for delivery. 7/18/18 - Received another confirmation email for the 7/20/18 delivery. 7/19/18 - Received a voicemail that delivery would need to be rescheduled. Called and rescheduled delivery for 7/27/18. 7/25/18 - Received email confirmation for 7/27/18 delivery. 7/26/18 - Received voicemail that delivery would need to be rescheduled. Called and rescheduled for 8/1/18. 7/31/18 - Received voicemail that delivery would need to be rescheduled. Called and reschedule for 8/4/18.

Overall the customer service that I have received throughout this process is by far the worst of any company I have ever dealt with. The fact that you have to wait on hold for hours is bad enough. Not being able to get in touch with anyone in a managerial role and phone reps who just put you back into the normal pool of callers when they do not want to deal with you is completely unprofessional. When questions on text messages, emails, and website statuses are met with service representatives describing them as being wrong or as system "glitches" there is something wrong with the overall company operations.

Unless you have the time to chasing down products that you have paid good money for and may never receive, I highly recommend staying away from this company. At this point it will be a small miracle if I receive the changing table topper before my baby is out of diapers, never mind the refund that I was promised.

Original review: July 23, 2018

When I realized that the shelves hadn't arrived yet, I checked my order online and noticed that the order was suddenly 'back ordered'. I waited until the new date, and sure enough, 4 days after it was supposed to have been delivered, I received an email that it was back ordered again, and would be available in another 3 weeks! In the meantime, I had read all of the previous reviews on this website, and realized that this is the way they do business. I called to just cancel the order, and the rep told me that it appears the items would be in the warehouse on August 8th, so would I like to still receive the order on August 15th? NO! I told her that I had already read the reviews, and wanted to cancel, and I would not be falling for their scheme. Do not purchase from this very poorly run company.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I just moved and bought most of my furniture from Pottery Barn, but now I have a bone to pick. I have received a $500 reward and wanted to use it to buy a desk. The desk eventually went on sale according to their website plus there was an additional bonus to get free shipping. The sale ends today so I went to the store to buy the desk.

I explained to the sales rep that was helping me that I wanted to use my rewards, but when she tried to it would not take off the reward amount at check out. Why??? Because it was a promotional and you cannot use rewards for promotionals and then I wanted to Take20 (which was the code to get free shipping (but you cannot use that). Why? Because it has to be delivered and deliveries are excluded. The ads are confusing and not transparent. They border on fraud and consumers better watch out. I cannot (in good conscience) to do business with this sneaky company that uses bait and switch (but not technically). Why can't companies just "do the right thing". I was a good customer. Shame on them.

Original review: July 22, 2018

PBComfort Square sofas just don’t hold up. We looked around quite a bit before purchasing our sectional from Pottery Barn. The cost was much higher than we wanted to spend, but the size, configuration and slipcover choices were just what we wanted. Also, we have purchased sofas in the past and they have held up over 10 years and so we thought we could deal with the cost. We spent over $3K and it seemed a good buy, for about 1 year. Here is what we are dealing with now:

1.) I was told by the rep who helped us order that the down wrapped cushions were the highest quality and the way to go - would hold their shape better and longer and give more comfort. Well, the feathers don’t stop popping out... It looks like we kill a chicken once a week in our living room! And those feathers are VERY pokey! I guess it is no surprise that our cushions are so flat, I must have filled a few trash cans with all the feathers over the past couple of years.

2.) The seat cushions held their shape for about a year. They now are uncomfortable and I am having to purchase new inserts so that we can continue to use the sectional (like I needed to spend MORE money on this crap). Luckily I have found a source that can do this for me for less than a new sectional. For now, we have had to put thin wood boards under the cushions to give a bit more support.

3.) We chose a durable slipcover when we purchased the sectional in hopes that it would hold up. It is comfortable and I only spot clean, but it does peel... Too scared to try to wash/dry clean all covers as I am pretty sure it will ruin them. For what we paid, I would have hoped for a LOT more use for the sectional - 1 year is so not worth it, and I feel ripped off because the only way to make my huge investment last is to spend more money on it. This is one of the worst purchases we have ever made, and it has cost us. I like Pottery Barn's style, but I will never buy furniture from them again.

Original review: July 18, 2018

We wanted a new end table. There is a lot of $150 end tables out there. But, we wanted something nice and were willing to spend the money. So, we saw a $499 end table on the Pottery Barn site that looked nice. It was said the top galvanized metal -a contemporary industrial look. Unlike the $150 dollar places, there was no free shipping. It cost $42 to ship. When it arrived, I was taken back. It was a $150 piece of junk that we just paid $500 for. It was not galvanized metal, but instead some sort of cheap faux finish. The legs were scratched and did not attach securely. It was supposed to have a latch, but was either broken or missing a part. It was an extremely odiferous, and is not sitting outside until it airs-out. That will be my last Pottery Barn purchase. And, yes, it is an imported piece of junk.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I've purchased furniture and bedding from PB for years - have spent thousands of dollars with them. I've never experienced anything like this current situation, and it appears my story is running rampant with others too. I ordered a $1600 bed for my daughter's birthday. It was back ordered and would take 6-8 weeks. I ordered 2 1/2 months ahead of her birthday to account for this. I ordered the bed on 4/7/18 and it is now 7/17/18. No bed. I've been following the tracking (that the wonderful customer service dept always refers you to). Two of the three pieces arrived at the local warehouse. They were waiting on the third piece. I emailed via PB Teen's website (4 times) with only one of those emails receiving a response ("all items must be together to ship").

I have now called PB Teen customer service, and then the furniture department that they transfer you to for another endless hold, five times! One time I waited on hold for 90 minutes - not exaggerating! All of a sudden, the online tracking disappears and the order status is back to "in process." In the meantime, PB Teen has billed me for this item and they will no longer return it. So I look at it as they just stole $1600 from me. By the time I get this item, my daughter will not be a "teen" anymore! Every time I call, I waste hours of my day and I get the same response - "we'll look into it." However, I never receive any response and we are going on 4 months. I am reporting Pottery Barn to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: July 16, 2018

My wife and I purchased a Turner grand sofa and Tyler recliner on May 24 from a PB store. The next day we got an email that said the Turner sofa was available for delivery Jun 2 - Jun 5 and the recliner June 25- 9. June 5 passed and the sofa was never delivered. We checked their tracking website and said the sofa was shipped from Braselton, GA on June 2 and estimated delivery date was now June 13-15. June 15 came and no sofa! We waited till July 5 to call PB. I spoke to various departments (shipping, furniture dept, customer service) and all they could say was "We'll look into it" or "We emailed the HUB and we'll call you back once we hear from them."

Well, they never called back. I decided to call the PB store where I purchased our sofa (Pasadena, CA) on July 6 and spoke to a male manager. First of all, he was not sympathetic to our situation, and the best answer he gave was, "Since you ordered two items, all items have to be ready for delivery before they can be sent to your house." REALLY!!! So because one chair is not ready, a Grand Sofa cannot be delivered??? That's the best you can do as a store manager??? I kept calling to get an update, but never received any new information.

On July 11, I called customer service again to get an update and what do you know??? They said THE SOFA WAS NEVER MADE AND IT WOULD TAKE ANOTHER 10-12 WEEKS to receive it. They gave me the option to cancel the order or purchase a different color which would arrive in a week or two. After thinking about it, we decided to go with a different color even though the PB designer suggested our original color. The thought of waiting another 10-12 weeks was disheartening and STRESSFUL since we had already sold our couch and were sitting on folding chairs.

When I called the next day to order a different sofa, I was informed that our original sofa was located and will be delivered July 18 along with the recliner... That's 6 weeks from the original delivery date. Considering everything we've been through, for some reason I'm doubtful we'll receive our sofa on the 18th. I'm a big fan of PB, but I'm so disappointed in their service. I had guests over on 4th of July and it was embarrassing not having a couch. They were all shocked to hear about my experience with PB. I really hope they do something about this... this is bad!!!

Original review: July 16, 2018

Purchased furniture and divided 12 monthly payments to cover the promotion for interest free, however I made an additional purchase during this promotional period and Pottery Barn does not work like all other credit cards who pay off the the first purchase without penalizing the consumer for the additional purchase. As a result I was just 10 days late paying off the first balance and got hit with $400 dollars in interest fee. I contacted Pottery Barn and they would not offer any help. I would never shop there again because of their deceptive credit practices.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Pottery Barn Teen is a disaster. This is the first time that I have aired any grievance on social media. I have no other choice. I ordered the revolving bookcase from Pottery Barn Teen for a surprise for my daughter’s 10 year birthday. I purchased white glove service at a cost of $200 and it was scheduled to arrive between 10 and 12 Friday. I waited anxiously for it as her final coat of paint was drying in her room. I received a text message that the driver is 30 minutes away. Noon came and went. I called to find out where the driver was at 12:30. I was told that the bookcase was delivered. Clearly, it was not. I asked if the driver could be notified to find about the situation. She said that she could not call but only email the delivery company, they have no phone contact for them, but will have the driver call me when they get the message.

Another hour passed, I called again, gave my 12 digit order number and asked where the driver was. She told me the shelf had been delivered, I assured her it had not. She then passed me on to another person who could help me with the problem. Waiting an additional 5 minutes for someone to pick up, I needed to give my order number again. I explained the issue, she responded that she could email the delivery company. I asked if there is a name or number or a way to contact them via phone. She responded that was not possible, they could only contact them by iPad but she would email again and call me as soon as she heard a response. Another hour passed.

At this point I canceled all appointments for the day as no one knows where the shelve is and when or if it will be delivered. I contacted Pottery Barn yet again. Waited as I had for each call for at least 5 minutes for the phone to be answered and gave my order number. I asked to speak to a Supervisor. I was placed on hold, waited another 5 minutes when someone picked up. I said I was waiting for a Supervisor. They said they needed my order number and to hold. This happened 3 more times until the last person asked my order number then I got disconnected. I called right back, waited for someone to answer, gave them my 12 digit order number, which I now have memorized and said I was waiting for a supervisor. They said they will pass me to the furniture department.

I waited for the phone to be picked up, I gave my order number and explained the situation and my frustration as it was now 3 ½ hours after the delivery window had ended. I didn’t know if the bookcase was stolen, on the side of the road, or if the driver was in an accident. I just knew that it was not in my daughter’s room and nowhere to be found. I again asked for the number to the delivery service so that I could call them myself. I was told that was not possible as that they did not have that information and the only way to contact them was via email, which I find completely baffling. I expressed that, surely, someone, somewhere at Pottery Barn has to know how to call the delivery center.

At this point, he said he would pass me on to a Supervisor, which was shocking to me as I thought I was speaking with one. After waiting an additional 5 minutes I was told the Supervisor was speaking with another customer and would call me within 30 minutes. 45 minutes passed, no phone call. I called back went through the same process all over again only to be told that there was no Supervisor on site and she would have to email and Skype the one on duty and that he would call me back, but when looking at my order number it seems that the bookcase just arrived in the warehouse and that it is actually not out for delivery. As tears welled up in complete frustration and the work day was coming to a close, I was told that, wait for it… the Supervisor would call me back before 6pm when they closed, in one hour (8 hours since this process began). No call.

I called the next day no bookshelf for my daughter. No call or follow up from Pottery Barn. I called again, waited for the phone to be answered, gave my order number and asked for a Supervisor. I was told there was no Supervisor on site, that her supervisor was in Jamaica and that I wanted one in Dallas. I told her that I wanted ANY SUPERVISOR, she said she would have to email them.

I also asked where the delivery center was so that I could just go and pick up the shelf so that there would still be a chance for my daughter to be surprised Monday when she returns to her newly painted room and bookshelf. I was told there is no way to do that. I told her that I want it delivered Monday, which will now not be a surprise as she will be home. She said that she will note the account but doubts that it is possible. It is now Monday, my daughter has returned, she has a lovely painted room, no bookshelf! Not one person from Pottery Barn has called to follow up or rectify the issue in any way. I still do not know when or if this $600 bookshelf will ever arrive! Disaster. Avoid at all costs.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I called Pottery Barn for the second time this morning to request to cancel an order. I originally ordered an umbrella and base 7/15/18 around 5:20 pm, when I received confirmation of this order and realized the delivery date on the umbrella was Aug 20th I called to cancel the order. The person I spoke with told me the email would arrive this am. This morning I had not received the email, so I called customer service again, as I want to buy an umbrella ASAP, but not before confirming this order was cancelled. I was on hold for almost 55 minutes. When the customer representative answered she didn't even bother to apologize for my wait! I was trying to confirm the order had been cancelled, but this was not possible.

The person I spoke with told me that the request to cancel the order could take up to 3 days, so I asked that she email me confirmation that the request had been placed. She told me she was not allowed to email customers directly!!! This is outrageous that a company expects customers to wait for an hour to speak with someone, and then they are unwilling to allow their employees to provide written confirmation of what they have done. No accountability at all. All I want is proof that it has been done. Your customer representative should be able to note on my customer account that a request to cancel the order has been submitted. Failing that they should be able to email me some sort of confirmation. Be sure that I won't be purchasing anything from Pottery Barn in the near future, and I will be sharing my terrible customer experience with my friends and family.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I finally found the perfect coffee table for my living room on the Pottery Barn website. I ordered it on May 31 at which time my credit card was charged. After waiting nearly 4 weeks to get a delivery date, I called customer service to find out where my table was. They set up a delivery date of June 27. The day before the expected delivery, their scheduling department called me to tell me the table wasn't in and they would call me to reschedule the delivery. I got a call a week later with July 3 as the next delivery date. The day before July 3, I got a call again telling me the table hadn't arrived at the distribution center.

I waited another week, logged onto their website and tracked my table. This time the website clearly stated the table had arrived at the distribution center. I called to schedule a delivery. I was given July 13 from 12-2. At 11:00 AM on July 13, I got a call from the scheduler telling me the table top was actually no longer available and I would need to reselect a table. I am thoroughly disgusted with this company. Every time I try to call Customer Service, I have to wait at least 30 minutes ("due to heavy call volume"). Out of curiosity, I checked their website and they are advertising the same table I ordered for a one day only sale today. What is going on? I can no longer take the time to keep trying to call customer service. I have notified my credit card company to put this charge into dispute. I will never do business with this company again!

Original review: July 13, 2018

I’m incredibly disappointed in Pottery Barn’s quality. I’ve purchased thousands of dollars from them and I expected more. Last summer I purchased the Scarlett outdoor table and the cover that is recommended. This summer, my table looks like absolute crap! There are cracks everywhere. Not hairline cracks, BIG cracks and chipping. I spent over 4000 dollars on something that didn’t last and they aren’t doing anything to help me. So so disappointing.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I will NEVER have anything shipped from this company again. I recently purchased a home in a new town and bought thousands of dollars worth of furniture a week or so before my scheduled closing. Long story short I closed on June 28th and it's July 10th still no furniture. I'm currently sleeping on a mattress delivered by Macy's this morning and I'm livid. Not only that, over the past two days I've managed to rack up 7 hours of hold time only to speak with 3 different customer service agents who managed to know as much as I did as to what was going on with my order. This company, in terms of customer service is the absolute worst. Never again.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I've purchased lots of furniture from PB, PB kids, and PB Teen in the past two months and the only thing that was delivered was kids' bookshelf. I've ordered PB Teen Prescott Sectional Corner chair and Armless chair on June 28 and estimated delivery was set for July 5. I have neither received this furniture on the said date, nor a call or email from PB Teen, so I've checked the status of the order online, and the delivery date estimate was changed to NOVEMBER 30, 2018!!!! Without any notice from the store. Moreover, they've changed the status of this order and added a line that this order is non-returnable - this was not mentioned anywhere on the original order. And this is just one example of absolutely poor service, I have other things ordered from the store with estimated delivery dates changed several times to push the devilry further.

I've ordered a conversion kit for my child's crib via the phone at the Mission Viejo Pottery Barn Kids store (located at The Shops at Mission Viejo) and it has been three weeks already and the kit has not been delivered to the store yet. The store staff does not follow up even though the lady who took the ordered told me at the time of the order that she would follow up, the store staff does not return calls, and the only time they are nice to you is when you are placing the order.

No follow up, no explanations. When I called online support, the lady was on the customer service line was very rude, and was so upset that this order was not in the system because it was ordered through the store, that she yelled at me for not knowing why the order that was placed at the store is not shown in her system (why would I know?). Anyway, Pottery Barn has nice things on their store floors and online, and they will bombard you with emails every day, but when you actually place an order with them, it will take several months before you can see the stuff you paid for - it goes for the whole family of stores, PB, PB Kids and PB Teen.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I purchased a LOT of items at 3:15 am on the day the Lilly Pulitzer collaboration went live (at 3 am). All for my baby's nursery, due August 1st. Figured we had plenty of time to get all the items in. I ordered the Lilly Pulitzer Tropics Wall Art set on March 17th. It didn’t say it was backordered at the time. Within a few days the status changed to backordered, with delivery in mid June. Eventually the delivery date moved to mid-July. Last week (early July) I called to check on the delivery, and was told it was still going to be delivered mid-July and no delay was expected beyond that. Well, today I noticed now it’s mid-August. 5 months after I ordered them, and AFTER my due date.

I understand a delay. What is unacceptable to me is putting items for sale on your website that are not available, nor near available, to actually be shipped from the vendor. I haven’t not been able to hang anything on the walls this whole time because I've been waiting on these items. So, not only do I not need this stress 3 weeks before my due date, but now I need to figure out how else to decorate my walls and find other items. Would really have liked the information that it would take at least 6 months for these items to be available. If it’s even that soon.

Original review: July 8, 2018

Longtime customer - will never buy again. Absolute worst customer service and shipping. Company has no idea where furniture is - dates shifted four times - spent countless hours on with customer service- waited five hours at home until PB figured out it was not even on truck. Now trying to cancel 2500 worth of furniture that will never come.

Original review: July 8, 2018

Just a heads up that I ordered 3 tables ($2000 total) 3 months ago. I returned all 3 within a week (all were picked up by PB furniture delivery service/ups pick up). I never pay attention to credits (my naivety) and just assume the refund goes through. I for once noticed that the refund was never processed, called and was told "Oh this happens all the time." I voiced my concern that this was really bad since a lot of people don't check their statements. Make SURE to check your charges and credits!! Hope this helps???

Original review: July 7, 2018

I'm an old lady who needs to elevate her feet. I wanted a comfortable recliner. The Pottery Barn Kids Comfort Swivel Glider Recliner was perfection. Until it arrived and it wouldn't recline. The chair was wonderful to sit in, and I could elevate my feet, so I asked customer service for a credit as the chair, tho comfortable, was defective. I felt a few hundred dollars was reasonable for a non-reclining recliner I still wanted to keep. Nope. The rep gave me a tiny credit for inconvenience and persuaded me to exchange the chair.

The second chair did recline -- for a DAY. After that I'd have to press it back and hold it there, all the while listening to the noises the mechanism made, squeaks and groans like it might burst and impale me. I began to feel as tho I did something wrong. Maybe it was my fault that the @PotteryBarn Comfort Swivel Glider Recliner wouldn't recline/squeaked like it was dying. Could it be I'm too fat for a recliner? Well checked the weight limits. IT'S NOT ME. When I called the same rep, he said that the social media (Twitter) reps had commandeered my case. He'd tried to order me a second exchange but was forbidden from handling my account. The Twitter rep was a nightmare who couldn't read a post accurately and works only 3 days a week. Then her haughty supervisor got involved.

She said I could have a repair guy come here to diagnose the problem and possibly fix it. Turns out that's not even something they offer in Los Angeles. I said no, as this chair wasn't even as comfortable as the first one, please exchange it again. After all this I was willing to give the chair one more try. It's pretty and as a glider I like it. Except for the squeaking!

Those heinous customer service women with their self-righteous, unyielding determination made me feel like crap. All the while there IS something wrong with these chairs. For all I know the third one might have been ok. But they absolutely refused to exchange it again as though this was all my fault. They said it was vital to examine the chair to see why this was happening. Basically all they wanted was to cut their losses and for me to stop tweeting about the crappy chair and their obnoxious customer service.

So I said OK pick up the chair. Of all the ones I tried, it was my favorite. If their chairs malfunction like this when one old lady sits in it, how are they supposed to hold up to the rigors of young children? Meanwhile, this was just one of several bad Pottery Barn experiences. I ordered accessories for my bathroom, which were mis-shipped, not the same as pictured, on sale in stores for $3 when on the site were still $39. And I spoke to a number of surly customer service people. At Pottery Barn they seem to feel you've been drafted into their army and they're your superior officer. Do it their way or else, no matter what you want. Oh yes, they're polite, but saying "I apologize" and "We want you to be happy" means nothing when they go out of their way to thwart that goal. Ultimately it's quite clear that PB doesn't care about the customer. That combined with the expensive, cheaply made in China stuff they sell should prevent anyone from buying there.

I've been forced to order a BarcaLounger chair online. No idea if it will be great or not. It certainly won't be as cheaply made. No matter if so, this PB Kids glider/recliner is the chair I wanted, for it matches my decor, and I feel completely mistreated by Pottery Barn. I can't fathom how anyone would have loyalty to this company after all the crap they put me through on the purchase of the chair and all those bathroom items. They act as though the customer is there to serve their wishes rather than the reverse. As I've had nothing but stellar experience with Williams-Sonoma, it's incredible to imagine how they're the same company. Of course everything I've bought from W-S has been perfect, so I've never dealt with customer service there. And that's the way it should be.

Original review: July 6, 2018

My experience with representatives and their ability to answer questions like "when will my furniture ship, will it be complete and why am I being billed when I don't have a ship date" led me to check other complaints online. I realize that I made a mistake ordering from Pottery Barn. Now I'm trying everything possible to get my questions answered and get my order filled completely without damage and close my account and never do business there again.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I made an order on April 5. I bought a second Weldon adjustable side table and two SoMa Lyndon upholstered chairs. Let’s start with the table, first it was placed on back order, but with no notice. It was delayed in delivery multiple times and did not arrive until the 20th of June. Well actually, one box arrived on the 20th and another the 28th. To top it off the finish of the table doesn’t match the first one (no options for different finishes) and if you sneeze on it you may rub some of the finish off (not sealed in any way). I’m having to refinish and seal tables I just bought and they were over $500. Beautiful in theory, horribly overpriced for their quality.

But this wouldn’t be so bad as I knew buying this table it would be a while before I got it. The chairs on the other hand were to be delivered 4-6 weeks from my order (May 14-28). Well it’s July 4th and still no word on when I would get them. I’ve attempted to find out information and I get almost nothing but many apologies. The customer service people are nice but tell me nothing, do nothing, and don’t offer any incentives to become a customer again. I say avoid buying furniture from them. Maybe lamps and other accessories but not furniture. I will say I ordered a leather recliner and it was a great experience (my reason for this order). But after this I will be going somewhere else. Very poor experience.

Pottery Barn response

Hello David: I am so sorry to hear of the delay with your Pottery Barn order. I would be more than happy to help look into the delay and have sent you a private message with my contact information.

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards,
    Jamie

Pottery Barn Social Media Team

Not sure about Pottery Barn?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Furniture Stores for you.

Pottery Barn Company Information

www.potterybarn.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business