2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.7/5 (2100 ratings)

About Pottery Barn

Pottery Barn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: May 15, 2021

I ordered a storage cabinet from Pottery Barn back in January, knowing that it wouldn't be available until early May. It was the piece I wanted, so I was willing to wait. This morning, three hours prior to my scheduled delivery time, I was informed that the cabinet had been damaged beyond repair in shipping. The expected delivery date of the replacement? Another three months from now. The company would also not refund my $150 shipping fee. I spoke to two customer service reps and the second one finally agreed to "compensate" me for the inconvenience, to the tune of $87 in merchandise credit. As if I'd ever shop here again! I'm appalled that THIS counts as customer service as far as Pottery Barn is concerned. Please, do yourself a favor and shop someplace where your business is actually valued.

Original review: May 13, 2021

My experience echoes many of the recent bad reviews that I read below. I ordered the reed platform bed in February. It was delivered Saturday, May 8. Within 24 hours, one of the wood slats on the bed frame was broken and cracked. We immediately called customer service when we noticed, expecting a response since the expensive item had only been delivered and put together by their installation team 24 hours ago. This has not been the case. After an hour on the phone with customer service on May 9, I was finally able to get an email to which I sent pictures of the broken bed frame.

I followed up with another email 24 hours later (on Monday) and then another call to customer service (on Tuesday) as well as an email and a phone call to the salesperson who sold me the bed frame. I have not received any responses. Considering that this expensive item broken within 24 hours of it being installed by Pottery Barn, I would expect a better response. I had been thinking about ordering more items from them since we just moved but, after this beyond terrible lack of response from the company, I cannot imagine doing so.

Hello Carrie,

We are sorry one of your slats has broken on your Reed platform bed! Please email our elevated support team at support@potterybarn.com with your order number and details, and we will investigate this for you. Thank you.

Original review: May 13, 2021

Moral of the story: They will tell you a delivery date that they fully know will be significantly delayed, likely (& obviously) because if they told the truth about delivery delays with supply-chain issues, you won’t buy. So, don’t be stupid like I was by believing the delivery dates they promise when considering a purchase!! They KNOW their system is broken, but they continue to use it & purposefully mislead people!... Ordered couch on Feb 15 and the online shopping process stated an estimated delivery date between April 4 & April 20. So, April 20 comes & I haven’t heard a thing and the estimated delivery date online still says April 4-20.

I call & they say, “Your order was in backorder. We sent you an email on April 10” - I ask what email they have to confirm the correct email address & they do. But I don’t have an email. (Still get no emails, btw.) I’ve called to find out what’s going on, get an update on status & such about 10 times now, but I won’t bore you with all the back & forth & just summarize by saying this: the rep will say “I do apologize" & then tell me what they can see. Which isn’t much at all - really no different than what you can see in online tracker. 6 different reps have “placed a ticket” to have “The Vendor” reach out to me. I’ve heard not a peep from the vendor.

About “The Vendor”... It’s Sutter Street Manufacturing. Go ahead. Look it up. You’ll find that Sutter Street is Williams-Sonoma/Pottery Barn/etc... It’s all the same company! But evidently they can’t talk with the different “departments” efficiently enough to keep their customers in-the-know...or, perhaps more likely! They choose not to communicate.

This is the best phone call of them all. April 26 the rep literally says to me that the estimated delivery dates displayed when shopping online are

1) based on a computer algorithm, and

2) this computer algorithm is broken because of Covid.

Catch that? They know their “date of delivery estimator” is known to be broken, but they still use it. This rep told me it could take six months or more longer. At the time, I didn’t want to believe him. But now, I could write a 25,000 word story as I’ve called several times. Bottom line is they are full of it. Lies. Lies. Lies. Every time I call, I get a different story. As of this writing, the estimated delivery date has changed three times. Now is currently June 4-20.

Pottery Barn response

I sincerely apologize your order has been delayed! Please email our elevated support team at support@potterybarn.com with your order number and details, and we will investigate this for you. Thank you!

Original review: May 9, 2021

The Americans with Disabilities Act exists for a reason. Title III was written to ensure that Americans with Disabilities have the same access to goods and services as everyone else. This dim bulbs think their dumb store policy trumps our guaranteed federal rights. They're not polite. They're not civil. They are downright hostile to disabled persons.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I used to love Pottery Barn. They make beautiful things and you think you're buying quality goods, but times have changed. We bought a loveseat last year and the leather finish is already wearing off. It's shocking how bad it looks. We have a couch next to it that's 15 yrs old and looks like it is in better shape! When I called they were "surprised" by the photos, yet wouldn't do anything. I expected better, and was really disappointed. Time to find another furniture store.

Pottery Barn

Original review: April 30, 2021

With PB’s price point, I really expected everything to be perfect. Unfortunately, it was not. The back slab of the vanity was not flush with the porcelain top. This caused some issues for my contractors trying to place it against the wall. My contractors had to cut a hole in the wall, place the vanity in, unattached the back, they tried everything. Took them almost 4 hours to try to get it flush with the wall. It was really disappointing. I do love the design, the color and how I trusted Pb’s style enough to know this was the vanity for our bathroom and that it would match everything. However, it’s not built the same as other vanities (I assume). Maybe next time I will go with a trusted contractor grade vanity or get something custom.

Hello Perri,

Thank you for reaching back out to us. Again we are truly sorry for any inconveniences this may have cause. I have processed your refund as mentioned for $298.34 back to your AMEX - 1006.Pottery Barn truly values your patronage, should you have any additional questions or concerns do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Kiesha H.

Resolution response: April 30, 2021

Resolution experience was - none. No response.

Original review: April 28, 2021

We ordered a new bedroom set from Pottery Barn. Dates pushed out with no contact or explanation. Now my bed is delayed a week from my SCHEDULED DELIVERY because "we could not find the rails on the dock". Reached out to Pottery Barn on three separate occasions with zero response. Their customer service has lost them a lifetime customer.

Hello Jim,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the frustrations this has caused. I completely understand your disappointment and that's definitely not what we want our customers to experience. All inquiries are reviewed and taken seriously as we are working hard to ensure a positive shopping experience. Please send your order information to support@potterybarn.com. We would like to help.

Pottery Barn

Original review: April 27, 2021

I’m so discouraged after reading all these terrible reviews against Pottery Barn lately. I purchased a build your own sofa set from Pottery Barn in December 2020. I was told it would arrive early February 2021. I understand there is difficultly receiving materials due to COVID, so I was not surprised when I looked up my order status and saw it was delayed until March. February 28th, I received an email saying one of my pieces were back ordered. On March 23rd, I received an email saying Time to schedule your delivery. All 3 of my sofa pieces were ready to be delivered? OK, I set up a delivery date for April 10th.

On April 9th, I received a call from NJ, saying one of my pieces were “misplaced” in the warehouse and I will be notified when they find it, “but don’t worry, it’s here somewhere.” Since I have not heard from anyone, on April 16th I called customer service, who transferred me to a woman I could barely hear. It sounded like she was holding the phone under her chin, so all I heard was a muffled voice. When I said, “I’m having a hard time hearing you” she put me on hold (and apparently transferred my call) and after several minutes, another woman I could barely hear picked up the phone. She said I was calling the west coast and would need to reach the east coast because she had no records of my order. I couldn’t get the correct number to call from her, because again, I could not make out all of what she was saying.

I researched some Pottery Barn numbers in NJ and called one. A Lady (I could hear!) said, "You need to call the shipping center" and gave me the number. I called shipping and was told that a ticket was submitted to find out the status of my 3rd sofa piece and I should hear from someone in the next 2 days. 3 days later, I received 2 emails saying my order for a “round leg” was confirmed, the expected shipping date is June 7th. Are you kidding me?! It would be nice to receive a call from someone explaining this. You could imagine my confusion when I looked at the emails, thinking “I didn’t order anything.”

What really worries me is how am I supposed to trust what I am receiving? If they had to order leg replacements because of damage (which is what I assume, since I have not been told differently), how am I supposed to know that there is no further damage to the piece? They don’t care, they have my money. Needless to say, I will think twice before I buy from Pottery Barn again and I hope other customers will too.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Updated on 05/08/2021: This is the second time in two months Pottery Barn cancels orders!! They keep selling stuff they don't have, make you wait weeks before canceling the order then force you to accept gift cards so you have to keep buying from them. WHY ARE THEY SELLING STUFF THEY DONT HAVE!

Original Review: Pottery Barn, sells stuff They don't have! Some orders are left on backorder for months before canceling. I have several more orders on backorder order, don't know if I can expect them or not. You can't count on these companies to fill the orders.... VERY UPSETTING!! I have also experienced this with Their sister companies, Rejuvenation (they recently canceled 2 blankets), Williams Sonoma, West Elm. They sure don't seem to care about their customers!!

Resolution response: July 4, 2021

Thanks to Pottery Barn for resolving the issue. Part of the defective furniture was replaced. I hope the company follows a good quality check in furniture at least.

Original review: April 17, 2021

I ordered a TV console during Thanksgiving (2020) and finally received a couple of months back. We were so disappointed to see one of the pieces has a finishing defect and it is so obvious and doesn't look nice for the price we paid (we paid around $2800). I am not pleased with the furniture from such a reputed prestige goods organization. Disappointed!

Original review: April 15, 2021

I bought a bed on Dec 11. It was supposed to be delivered in mid-Feb. It finally "came" on April 15. It did not meet the specs I was given and they could not assemble it due to manufacturing defects. They had to take it back. They tell me a new bed "may be" delivered in Aug. They also tell me it is not their fault but their vendor's Sutter. They keep transferring me between the furniture and the delivery dept and nobody can help me.

Hello Sandra,

Thank you for contacting us today. We are so sorry to hear of the delays you are experiencing on your order. Would you please email your order number and details to support@potterybarn.com? We are here to help.

Warm Regards,
Kimi T.

Original review: April 15, 2021

One of the worst companies you can ever purchase from. After spending thousands of dollars on furniture for our first child, they continue to push back delivery dates well past the time they promised due to "items being back ordered." When I placed the order in February, the items weren't on back order. Now we are sitting with tons of clothes and books in boxes waiting for our furniture that is never coming. Without a crib for a baby that is due any day. Not only do they not come through on what they promise, they also have no empathy for any of their customers. They have no such thing as customer service, they have a hotline for "supervisors" to say no to every request a customer makes.

Now my wife and I have to scramble to find furniture that matches a room we painted and decorated in a short amount of time. All they offered was our money back which helps NOTHING and NOBODY. Do not spend a dollar here as they over promise and underperform in every aspect possible. Absolute worst experience I have ever gone through in my life.

Hello Christopher,

I sincerely apologize your order has been delayed! Please email our elevated support team at support@potterybarnkids.com with your order number and details, and we will investigate this for you. Thank you!

Original review: April 14, 2021

Updated on 06/12/2021: Summary in case you don’t want to read my whole review: My overall experience has been long, exhausting, and beyond disappointing. I should have known that a company that doesn’t allow reviews on their products is no good and should not be trusted. Anyways, I order the Big Sur L-Shaped Sectional back in November 2020. I am now writing this review 7 months later.. couchless. It was a custom build, so it was projected to take 7-12 weeks. At the end of Feb 2021, I get a notification that my order is out for delivery. Shortly after, I am notified that my delivery is cancelled as the couch has been lost in transit. I was obviously bummed that it was going to take another 7-12 weeks to remake the couch, but customer service assured me that they would expedite the process and I’d have my couch in no time.

Well, 12 weeks go by and I decide to check the ETA and I see that my order has been pushed out to late July! That’s 5 months from my replacement order! I contacted customer service and they “kindly” and “apologetically” let me know that my order hadn’t been put into production yet. I asked if I could just cancel the order and get a refund, but no, sorry. They said I would have to wait until the couch was delivered to make any returns and there was nothing else they could do. Well, today was finally the day I had been waiting 7 months for! I would finally have a couch and this unbelievable nightmare would officially be over!!.. Hmm, not exactly. I got a knock at my door and the delivery agent informs me that the couch is damaged and I need to come take a look to see if I wanted to still keep the couch or not. Sure enough, there’s a 3 inch gash with black smudges all around as if someone dragged it carelessly across blacktop.

Looking on the bright side, I wasn’t completely wrong since this nightmare is officially over and I was finally able to return the couch!! I will say, it feels good to be free of this burden and it’s comforting to know that I will never have to do business here again! Phew! Now this is just my opinion and I’m not going to tell you not to do business here, but maybe try other places before resorting to PotteryBarn/Williams-Sonoma? Seriously though, like anywhere else. Your mental health and wallet will thank you! Also, if you do have to buy something from here, be ready to wait, and then wait some more, and then be ready to be ultimately disappointed.

If you set the bar nice and low, maybe you’ll be able to stomach the amount of money you spent at a company where customer service and satisfaction are utterly disregarded and ignored. @potterybarn customer service. No need to reach out. This issue is resolved, assuming that my money is successfully returned to me in the next couple of days.

Updated on 04/22/2021: If you are looking to get a new couch, be sure to give yourself a 7+ month grace period of being couch-less. They will tell you 7-8 weeks, but they don’t mean it and it will be followed by delays without explanation or notifications. Also, don’t let the high prices fool you into thinking that you’re going to be getting an excellent product and even better service, because you will not. I have already been charged over $4k and after 5 months I have just found out that my replacement order (that’s right ‘replacement’ because they lost the first one) hasn’t even been put into production, even though I was told by customer service back in February that they were expediting my order! HAHA hilarious. Anyways, as you can tell, I highly regret doing business with this company. I’ve been nothing but disappointed and can’t wait for this to be over.

Original Review: Bought the Big Sur sectional, an over $4k purchase in November 2020. It was supposed to be delivered in 8-12 weeks and we got a notification that they had LOST the couch.... no explanation, no apologies, just that they were remaking the couch. It has now updated to end of July.... that’s 7-8 months. I’m beyond shocked I don’t even know what to do. No one will help me. They literally do not care.

Hello Alexandra,

Thank you for contacting us today. We sincerely apologize for the delays you are experiencing on your order. Would you please email your order number and details to support@potterybarn.com? We are here to help.

Warm Regards,
Kimi T.

Pottery Barn

Original review: April 10, 2021

We purchased a media console in January. The sales person in the store told us it would be delivered beginning of March. At the end of February, we got an email that it was delayed until the end of March. Then toward the end of March, we were sent an email saying it was delayed until beginning-middle of April. Today I got ANOTHER email saying it's delayed until MAY! I feel like at the end of this month I'm going to hear from them again saying it's delayed until June! We called in March and were told that it would FOR SURE be in April. Now there is "nothing" they can do. This is getting so ridiculous. What a scam!!

Original review: April 9, 2021

Updated on 04/13/2021: I have been trying to get my table top repaired or replaced since February 2021, it’s now mid April. After many emails and phone calls I am still being ignored. Shame on Pottery Barn for taking my money and selling me a crappy table that the finish is coming off. I’ve hardly even used the table.

Original: I purchased this beautiful table in May 2020, it was delivered in late June 2020. It’s hardly been used due to COVID, we have been on lockdown. The finish has started coming off in random areas of the tabletop. I started contacting Pottery Barn in February after getting vaccinated. The first representative was Mary who told me to contact **, she said that they were contracted to do repair work for Pottery Barn. They requested pictures which I sent right away. No one would respond from that company. I called Pottery Barn back. Spoke to Hannah who said she would take care of it, again no response. Then Anne at Pottery Barn said she would take care of it. Next is Tim then Debra then my husband spoke to Anne who said our policy is 30 DAYS only. Note that I was never told this by any other representative. I have been sending emails and photos along with phone calls for months.

I paid over $1500 for the table only. It’s hardly been used and the finish is coming off. I have been told several times by several representatives this would be repaired or replaced. This is horrible customer service from a company who is supposed to be a higher end furniture company. I feel like I’ve been given a runaround for several months and it’s still not resolved.

Hi Kim,

I am so sorry to hear of this and I thank you very much for contacting us. Would you please email us your order details to support@potterybarn.com? We are here to help.

Charlene V.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Ordered a sofa from Pottery Barn on Nov. 27, 2020, and STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED IT. I paid $250 for delivery and was initially given an estimated delivery of March 3 through March 17. A service agent told me that I would absolutely receive the couch by March 17, so I sold my old couch anticipating the delivery. Unfortunately, it did not come. The initial estimated delivery window was missed and my tracking now shows a new estimated delivery window of March 29 - April 12.

No one has contacted me to schedule the delivery and I fear additional delays based on my experience so far and my review of a bunch of reviews complaining about delays. I have not had a couch in my living room for about a month and this 5-month wait has become ridiculous. I have contacted customer service at least 10 times and they have never given me straight answers or even told me where the couch is. This delay is unacceptable, especially in light of the hefty $250 delivery fee. I just want my couch. But if the delays continue, I will have to look into cancelling my order and ordering a replacement from a company with reliable shipping.

Hi Joshua,

I am so sorry to hear of your experience and I thank you very much for contacting us. Would you please email us your order details to support@potterybarn.com? We are here to help.

Charlene V.

Williams-Sonoma Inc.

Original review: April 6, 2021

Terrible customer service. As compensation for repeated cancellations & delays we were promised expedited service by no less than 3 employees, one a ‘Senior Lead Customer Service’. Since that delivery date has come and gone with no updates, we’re now being told by another supervisor “expedited service is impossible with furniture, our employees put their foot in their mouth when they told you that”. Wow. It’s a shame, their furniture is really nice, it’s just impossible to get.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Would you please send an email with your order number and details to support@potterybarn.com? We are here to help.

Pottery Barn

Original review: April 5, 2021

While all of the service agents are very nice personally, the process is horrific. I have ordered 3 separate furniture orders over the last 6 months and everyone has had challenges. It should be be a job for me to have to call and track down my items. Most recently I ordered a desk in Jan and it was set to deliver in May. It then pushed to the end of June. Then in March my credit card was charged. I checked the website and they said it shipped on March 20th but not expected to arrive until June. After much questioning and over 44 mins on the phone it turns out only a piece of it has shipped and the top isn't coming until June. I asked at least 18 times to talk to a supervisor. The agent went through a chat process with two people before me finally INSISTING (and not nicely) that I speak to a supervisor.

That person answered the phone with an attitude (which wasn't the norm for the other people I have spoken with. Her name was Christine!). I asked one question, "Do you think this is the level of service that Pottery Barn should be providing to their customers"? She proceeded to have a long list of excuses explaining the process to me. I told her I just need a yes or no to my answer. Getting even more agitated she told me I wasn't entitle to jump in line and they have a process to follow. Shocked, I said I wasn't asking to go in front of anyone else. I was simply asking to speak to a supervisor and I was in the queue to do so for at least 15 mins. She raised her voice and said I don't get to jump over people. I finally hung up on her because it was an insane conversation. Luckily I have the right to choose who I do business with and that will never be Pottery Barn or any of the Williams Sonoma companies ever again!

Hi Amy,

Charlene

Williams-Sonoma Inc.

Original review: April 3, 2021

We purchased a USB Wall Desk for $249 on Feb 10th. On April 2nd the desk broke - one of the supporting hinges apparently couldn't support the weight of the desk, as the screws became stripped and fell out, making the hinge useless. I have to say I was dismayed that a brand that I had previously considered reliable quality was so shoddy. What was more shocking was that when I called customer service, they told me that because it was after 30 days of purchase, it wasn't returnable or exchangeable, even though it was defective. The agent even suggested I contact the manufacturer to see if THEY had a warranty.

In disbelief, I called back and the second customer service rep made an exception for me and agreed to cover shipping of the defective unit back as well as refund my money. While I am grateful for her common sense, I'm really disillusioned by Pottery Barn. What respectable company makes a product that fails after less than 2 months and doesn't own the defect?

Hi Alice,

I thank you very much for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order details? We are here to help.

Charlene

Resolution response: April 12, 2021

A company representative reached out after this review and was able to resolve the issue to my satisfaction. I am updating from 1 to 3 stars to reflect the resolution.

Original review: April 2, 2021

I called customer service regarding a clear mathematical error in the invoice for my purchase from Pottery Barn (i.e., $39.50 product + 8.00 shipping + 3.04 taxes does not = $70.54). I was informed that the $20 difference was due to a recently implemented Hawaii surcharge, which was not disclosed prior to purchase and which did not appear in the invoice (resulting in the apparent mathematical error which prompted my call in the first place). I have purchased from Pottery Barn many times previously without the surcharge and without any issues. The company was unable (or unwilling) to cancel the order despite the fact that it had not shipped yet.

The company's proposed solution was for me to return the product when it arrived and get refunded the cost of the product, which would then result in me paying $28 (hidden surcharge + shipping) in exchange for nothing. I indicated that charging hidden and non-refundable fees to consumers is improper and may run afoul of the laws against unfair and deceptive trade practices (I am an attorney).

In response, the company claimed that the surcharge would have shown on the order form prior to purchase (not true) and could also be found on the shipping page on the website (so one would have to navigate to another page themselves to read through fine print). I was then told that for any further assistance I would need to search the website to find contact information for the legal department as the customer service representative was "instructed to end the call." As a (former) regular customer I am especially disappointed in the dismal and outright offensive "customer service." The cost of the loss of my business far exceeds the $20 that Pottery Barn sought to pocket through its hidden surcharge.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Updated on 04/20/2021: The warehouse only put 2 of the 4 boxes for our frame on the delivery truck, so we had to cancel delivery for today. The other 2 boxes are lost according to the warehouse. We are waiting on yet another dock search. This was the second attempt for delivery of an order placed in September 2020 and paid for in December 2020. Ridiculous.

Updated on 04/07/2021: An update from our review on 3/25 titled "Look at all of the other reviews". Our furniture was not delivered as promised on 4/5. We were told our piece was lost in the warehouse and we would have to order a replacement piece that would be delivered in July. A July delivery date would be 10 months after we originally ordered it and 7 months after our credit card was charged. TAKE YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR ORDER.

Original review: Look at all of the other reviews on here - don't think it won't happen to you! We ordered an outdoor sectional on September 1st, 2020. The cushions and cover arrived a few weeks after we placed the order. The frame was supposed to be delivered around Thanksgiving but the delivery date was pushed back to March 2021. We were charged for the frame on December 15th, 2020, despite the fact that the frame wouldn't be delivered for another 3 months. We still do not have the frame as of today. The cushions and cover have been sitting in a closet for 6 months.

We called PB on March 5th to get an update on our order. We were told that the frame was supposed to ship from the vendor that day and that we should call back the next week to verify the frame shipped. On March 10th we called to verify that the frame left the vendor and were told it did. We were instructed to call back early next week to schedule a delivery. We called on March 15th to schedule a delivery. We were told the frame was ready to ship and a delivery date of April 5th was set up. A few hours later, we received a confirmation e-mail - FOR A REPAIR APPOINTMENT. We don't have the frame - we do not understand why we were set up for a repair appointment for furniture we don't even have!

We called back after receiving the confirmation e-mail and waited on the phone for over an hour with a rep. who tried to figure out what happened. All she was able to tell us was there was some "disconnect" within the system and they are unable to track the item or provide explanation on why two separate people told us the frame was ready to be delivered. She told us that the logistics team would investigate and would be in touch in a couple of days.

A couple of days went by and we did not hear anything from them, so we called back for another update on March 17th. The rep. who helped us that day gave us a completely different story. Apparently the frame is supposed to ship directly from the vendor, but he wasn't able to verify the frame's location. It's baffling why two people in early March were able to track the frame and instruct us to call back to schedule a delivery when it supposedly isn't being shipped by PB. The rep. also told us he was putting it on his personal calendar to give us an update by today (March 25th). We have not heard anything from PB since we last called on March 17th.

We don't know what to do at this point. PB cannot figure out where our order is and no one is returning our calls. We already contacted the support e-mail address and have not received an update there either. To make things worse, the frame has disappeared off the online tracking tool. We are very concerned that the frame will be lost and forgotten about.

We had shipping issues with PB with a separate order in early 2020, but were willing to give them another chance due to covid and the fact that they compensated us for the delay. Having gone through this headache a second time, we will never purchase from PB again unless this situation is resolved adequately. To everyone else in the same position as us, you are not alone.

Hello Joseph,

I show you are now scheduled for delivery on 4/5 and working with a Lead to come to a resolution. Thank you.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I bought a big order back in October, half of my order came the other half was lost. Customer Service told me to wait and see after putting a dispute out to shipping if it turned up. During this time my order was 20 % off for the cyber sale. They told me to wait to see what happened and would honour the 20 percent off. Long story short they lost my package and reshipped it out at full price they didn’t approve of the 20 percent off. I could have ordered everything at 20 percent off but they assured me I would get it after seeing where my package was. They lied and wouldn’t do anything. They said a manager would contact me in a week. Never heard from anyone. Worst customer service.

Hi Meghan,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Would you please email your original and new order number and any details to support@potterybarn.com? We are here to help.

Pottery Barn

Original review: March 13, 2021

Quality of the furniture is not worth the price. Waited 6 mos. to receive bar stools, cracked at the weld joints after 1 yr and 5 mos. I am outside of the 1 yr warranty, I was informed there was nothing they could do for me.

Pottery Barn

Original review: March 12, 2021

I placed two orders on November 5, 2020. One with Pottery Barn for a PB Comfort Square Arm Grand Sofa and a Tyler Square Arm Leather Armchair with Bronze nailheads. The second order was placed with West Elm (also a Williams-Sonoma family brand). The one good thing that both West Elm and Pottery Barn are great at is taking your money! The company takes no responsibility for its poor business practices and lack of accountability, visibility, and oversight. They are so confident in their broken system and solely rely on their outsourced vendors for information. After months of delays, endless hours on the phone trying to track down the furniture I ordered, sending emails trying to get updates on lost pieces, I finally received 3 of the 4 pieces of furniture. I never received the Tyler Armchair. The factory in China never produced or shipped the item. It took 5 months to find this out. Save your money, save your time, and save your sanity.

Pottery Barn response

Thank you for reaching out to us and for sharing your order number. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the frustrations this has caused. I completely understand your disappointment. Please send your order information to support@potterybarn.com. We would like to help.

Original review: March 9, 2021

Updated on 03/26/2021: All of our reviews are marked "Resolution in Progress" by Pottery Barn. I never heard from them...not since my post March 9th..I did send my order #. Wondering if the rest of the reviewers heard from them? Hoping we don't just post a complaint and then they post "Resolution in Progress". Misleading and worthless!

Original Review: It turns out you need to be tall to open this recliner...push off firmly from the floor. Not like a La-Z-Boy. I am 5 ft 3" and their tech came out and told me to put my feet on the base of the seat and push back! I have bought many bedroom sets for homes and rental properties... Never again. They have refused to make any adjustment.

Original review: March 9, 2021

Updated on 03/11/2021: I ordered furniture on DEC 16th. I have been calling and emailing Pottery Barn for weeks for an update with NO response. When I leave a negative review they immediately respond with, "Please email us with the order number," and they will take care of it. Of course that is the only time they respond. When I email them with the order number I get no response. I am 3 months into this order with no estimated delivery time and no way to cancel the order. DO NOT order furniture from Pottery BARN.

Original Review: I made the mistake and did NOT listen to the reviews! I ordered furniture from them in Dec 2020. The estimated delivery was 4 weeks. I figured a delay would be normal based on the reviews so I was prepared. It is NOW 4 months later and NO furniture. I call them and they tell me they can not talk to their vendors and it will be at least another 3 months. Which means another 6 Month. That will be almost a year to wait for furniture?? I have not been offered anything in return for this mess. No one can help but yet they take your money no problem. STAY AWAY from any furniture orders! Listen to the reviews and RUN.

Hi Michelle,

We apologize for the delays you are experiencing. Would you please email your order number and concern to support@potterybarn.com? We are here to help.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I am refurnishing my home and have ordered from several companies as part of the process. I have not had any issues with any of the other companies I have ordered from. Just Pottery Barn. I purchased a $1,099 rug from pottery barn. I receive one notification on February 13, 2021 that the rug has shipped and will be delivered between February 25 ad March 1. I receive no further communication from Pottery Barn. On March 9, 2021 I call Pottery Barn customer service to see why I have not received my rug. Pottery Barn customer service responds by saying that the rug was left outside of my home on Baltimore City on March 3, 2021 and that they would not send a replacement or refund my money.

The issue that I have with this is that the delivery people from Pottery Barn (assuming that they are not lying about leaving it in front of my home) did not even knock on the door to alert me to the delivery. Instead, they elected to leave the rug outside of my home on a heavily trafficked portion of sidewalk right next to Patterson Park in BALTIMORE CITY without so much as a knock on the door! I never saw the rug that I ordered, but allegedly it was delivered and now I am out $1,099 without any rug to show for it. DO NOT TRUST POTTERY BARN OR THEIR DELIVERY PARTNERS. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF.

Hello William,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Would you please email your order number and details to support@potterybarn.com? We are here to help.

Pottery Barn

Original review: March 6, 2021

As a reputable company that prides itself in selling high end products Pottery Barn need to make sure you take responsibility for your relationships with third party vendors. I bought 8 fans from them because of their name brand and reputation. I did not buy these items from a third party. When I purchased them on January 26th, I had the understanding that they would be delivered by February 9th. This date came and went (with no communication). I had to call to find out if they would be delivered.

I was told that Pottery Barn would have to contact the “third-party.” I never received a follow up, but on my account the delivery date changed to February 24th. This date came and went. The date was then changed to March 11th; however, I could not wait that long so I cancelled this order on February 26th. I followed up on this cancelation on March 4th to confirm that it was received since I never heard back. The only communication I got was a charge to my account on March 5th for over $4,600!

When I called to follow up, I was told that there was nothing that Pottery Barn could do because they ordered it from a “third-party.” Obviously I was furious as I have cancelled this order over a week prior and $4,600 was taken out of my checking account impacting my financial stability. When I asked to speak with a manager I was met with a condescending tone and lack of customer service. I was then told that I had to return the items prior to getting my money back.

If Pottery Barn decides to put their reputation in the hands of a third party, the impact should not be a burden on the consumer. There is a lack of responsibility being taken by PB to rectify the third-party’s inability to consistently provide product to the consumer. I ordered from Pottery Barn, the money charged to my account was from Pottery Barn, but Pottery Barn is not taking any responsibility.

Pottery Barn

Original review: March 3, 2021

Ordered an expensive picnic basket for my mother on February 17th 2021. As I went to track a week later, the estimated arrival wasn't until Mid-April. I waited another week to see if it would update and it did not. On February 28th I cancelled the order. Magically two days later I am charged and the item is shipped! I called back today to see what was going on because I already found a better replacement on Amazon. I had sent it directly to my mother's house, now I need to call and re-route myself or physically return the item. This is absolutely unacceptable and I want a full refund. Called back and was disconnected trying to figure out how to get this done. The customer service agent says it takes a few days to fulfill a cancellation. In this day and age with technology it should have been immediate. This never should have been processed. Terrible.

Hi Brandon,

I am so sorry this happened. Would you please email your order number and details to support@potterybarn.com? We are here to help.

Pottery Barn

Original review: March 2, 2021

I have had nothing but patience but I am at the end. After seeing countless reviews very similar to the issue I am having I realize that Potterybarn has major issues and business practices have turned questionable. I am contacting an attorney. On October 5th I ordered a sofa, 3 rugs and an end table. I received 2 of the rugs, the end table and sofa short before Christmas after being delayed by about 6 weeks however, the arm of the chaise of the sofa was all caved in. They left the sofa chaise with me so I had something to use and I set up a ticket. I am anticipating the sofa to be replaced with a delivery date in April however I am growing very concerned considering what has happened with the 3rd rug.

The delivery date of the rug was supposed to be Oct 28th. Ever since then, every 2-3 weeks the order is pushed out 2-3 more weeks. I was charged for the rug on December 5th so I assumed it would be scheduled within the dates they had posted, Dec 26th-Jan 5th. It is now March 1st. The dates keep getting pushed. I have called every 2 weeks for months. First it was covid....then it was the weather....then they couldn’t find it...every time they claimed to email “someone” to escalate and get an explanation but no one ever has gotten back to me. They gave me a $150 dollar credit but they still cannot tell me when the rug will be scheduled or delivered. I feel like I have been scammed. THEY SHOULD NOT BE CHARGING FOR PRODUCTS IF THEY CANNOT FIND OR TELL YOU WHEN YOU ARE RECEIVING THEM.

I have made 2 payments now on a rug I do not have nor do I know when I will get. I did receive a voicemail from the girl I spoke to in mid-February who said it would ship on the 22nd. I have saved the voicemail. The date has since been pushed now to Mar 3-22. I am so angry that I have been charged and I am definitely being lied to. I am at the point of calling an attorney. With what I see posted on these reviews it is all the same story from Potterybarn. They used to be an amazing company. I have spent 10s of thousands of dollars and have much more furniture to buy. I will never order from them again. What I see from these reviews is class action worthy. They should not be charging for orders until they are ready to be delivered from the local distribution center. I am beyond furious.

Hi Christina,

I sincerely apologize for this experience. Would you please email your order number and concern to support@potterybarn.com? We are here to help.

Pottery Barn Company Information