3.6/5 (818 ratings)

About Pottery Barn

Pottery Barn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pottery Barn?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I purchased a sectional sofa in August of 2021. Original delivery was November 2021. However, this was delayed until April 2022 due to "Covid". I understood that this was a problem due to supply chain issues at that time, and was forgiving. The sofa was delivered and two right arms were delivered. One in the correct color and one in a completely different color and there was no left arm. After several attempts to contact a person in customer service, I was finally successful. Customer service ordered a replacement after a few weeks of trying to determine the best way to replace the sofa. I was assured at the time that the supply chain issues were fixed and that the replacement would be expedited. Customer service also had to schedule to have the incorrect sofa picked up--this took two months of the incorrect sofa occupying the garage.

In addition to this problem, customer service told me I had to pay for the sofa at that time--even though it was delivered incorrectly--or the replacement sofa would be cancelled as their automatic system wouldn't know how to handle the situation. So I paid. The "expedited" sofa was scheduled to be delivered in June 2022, then September 2022. It has now been delayed to January 2023--almost 18 months after the order. Completely unacceptable. Customer service is slow to respond and doesn't seem to know how to rectify the situation. Pottery Barn used to be a great company. It has gone downhill in the last few years. Based on the other reviews, it appears I am not alone in my frustration. Please think twice before placing a furniture order with them. There are lots of other options out there.

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order details and reference your Consumer Affairs inquiry? We are here to help.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: July 31, 2022

This is the second time I have ordered an item online from PB and it looks like it soon be the second time my order is “lost”. We placed an order for a California King Farmhouse Canopy Bed 7/8 conf # **. The expected delivery date range was 7/18 - 8/1 which is tomorrow. I called customer service for status 7/24, I was advised the bed should arrive at the hub Monday 7/25 and that I would receive an email to schedule delivery. I came back mid week to see if that info was correct, it wasn’t, this rep told me she would open a ticket to communicate with the warehouse and find out why my items haven’t shipped, she said this would take 3-4 days for a response.

I called to follow up yesterday on 7/30 since I still have not received an email to schedule delivery. This time I was told that her “best guess” is that my order is on a crate waiting to get through customs, I had no idea these items were coming from overseas. I get a different story every time I call. We bought this bed because it was on sale, it's very hard to find anything for a california king, we found a mattress we love that will be delivered Tuesday. It doesn’t look like we will have our bed anytime soon as we’re approaching a month since we placed the order. We want our order fulfilled. After this experience this will be our last PB purchase.

Hello Yvonette,
I am so sorry for the experience you have had. Please feel free to send your order details to support@potterybarn.com. Our elevated support team is waiting to help you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: July 30, 2022

Company does not care about fixing mistakes or good customer service. We purchased a expensive Disney backpack. A week later we got a lunch bag. Called customer 4 different occasions. First time they said it was going to take about 2 weeks, when I needed the backpack for my daughter’s first day of school, and I also needed to go to ups to send the wrong item. She just said, "Sorry we can’t do anything else," so then I cancelled the order. Second time called and said send me the backpack since my daughter really wanted it. She said, "Let me send you the email," as soon as I received it they hang up.

Third time I called just to verify, they said it was cancelled and the new lady did not believe or understood the situation, so she said, "Let me talk to my boss and I’ll call you in 30 minutes." Never received a call back. This last time they just answer, I explain situation and they tell me give me a moment and they just hang up. Worthless customer service and very bad company policies. They mess up and they don’t own up to it. Do not buy from them.

Hello Oscar,
I completely understand. If you change your mind, please don't hesitate to send your order number and details to support@potterybarnkids.com. Our elevated support team is here to help.
Amanda B.

Social Media Team

Original review: July 29, 2022

We bought this bed 4 months ago and was excited to receive notification it was ready to be delivered. I cleared the bedroom, moved out the mattresses, took time off work, and waited excitedly. And waited…And waited…And they never showed up. They sent an original time of delivery from 12-4p. Then updated that via the online tracker to 1-3pm. As I waited, 3pm came and went and the delivery time on the tracker was changed again to 3:30, then later again to 4:46pm. When 5pm came, I called the office and you guessed it—the office was closed and no further delivery updates were given. There was no other notification or contact with an explanation or offer to reschedule. This is what you get for your $259 delivery cost.

I called the department number and they couldn’t give me any information. They said to call back the next day at 3pm. I hauled my heavy mattresses back into the bedroom, ran out the door to pick up my young daughter (I was late since I waited longer for the non-delivery), and realized this “delivery” was going to cost me another $310 in time off work. It had cost me $310 in lost wages today, $310 when I have to wait again, plus the $259 charged by Pottery Barn. Grand total: $879 and pointless aggravation.

Hello Alli,
I am so sorry for the experience you have had. Please feel free to send your order details to support@potterybarn. Our elevated support team is waiting to help you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: July 28, 2022

I reached out to customer service by Facebook and by email. I also called and waited on hold for a very long time. Only once was I able to speak with a customer rep. Unfortunately, I was not able to communicate with their rep. due to a lack of English proficiency. I had recently obtained a credit card from Pottery Barn and wanted to make some living room purchases. I became discouraged and made purchases elsewhere. Pottery Barn used to have much better customer service.

Hello,

I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to bring these issues with your orders to our attention.

It is the desired goal of our company that we provide our customers with quality products, and world-class service. Please accept our sincere apologies, as it appears we have fallen short of this goal. Feedback, such as yours, is the one true source of information necessary to allow us to address areas where we are not meeting our goals, and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Original review: July 26, 2022

On January 13, 2022, I purchased a York Sofa from Pottery Barn. The estimated delivery at the time was "12+ weeks." Month after month, I check online and it shows the delivery date getting pushed back, and back and back. It has now been 27 weeks, 5 days and I still have no end in sight as to when I might get this sofa. There is yet another new estimated delivery date listed online but, clearly, I cannot trust it. I resent the way that I was misled, over and over, by this company.

My own personal situation aside, Pottery Barn is now listing the estimated wait time for the same sofa at only "10+ weeks." Seems like an extremely questionable representation to new potential purchasers when I've already been waiting almost 28 weeks and they still can't even tell me when it may get here. Unfair merchandising practices, in my opinion.

Original review: July 26, 2022

This is the worse company I ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I ordered a desk from them in April and they shipped me half the desk 2 months later and could not tell me where the other 1/2 (top of the desk) was after calling them and texting with them repeatedly. The top of the desk showed shipped in their website and it stayed in that status for 2 months and they could not tell me where the item was. I had to repeatedly call them to get a status and all they could tell me was, "It shows shipped but we need to put in a ticket to locate it." I asked for a tracking # and they said they don't provide one. What is worse is that I was lied to repeatedly when I asked for a status. It seems they were making stuff up 'cause they did not have a good answer.

Finally, on July 21, I get a text saying they are delivering my desk top on that day only to receive another text later saying they are cancelling the delivery due to truck malfunction. I called the same day to ask when they are going to deliver it and they told me it would be delivered on July 26, but I get no text on July 26. I call again and they tell me that they didn't schedule the delivery and that they can deliver it on August 1st. I asked to speak to a manager - and good luck with that experience if you ever need to speak to one - on hold for 45 minutes and got disconnected. Horrible experience. Worse company I ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Horrible way to track their packages, horrible delivery process, and horrible customer service people. What customer service, really? It doesn't exist at this company.

I cancelled all my other orders due to this experience because I simply do not have the time to chase them down for my orders, and I do not need the aggravation. Oh, and when I called to cancel an order that they haven't built, which I understand is custom, but they haven't even built per the info in their website and that will be shipped in October / November, they told me I cannot cancel it because it is custom. Really? Well guess what Pottery Barn, I put a stop on that payment because I am not going to deal with you anymore.

Hi Carl,
We thank you very much for reaching out. Would you please email us at supportpb@wsgc.com with your order details? We are here to help.
Ryesha

Pottery Barn

Original review: July 21, 2022

While the product I've received is great, you'll wait an eternity to get it. There are products I am waiting well over 5 months with little to no updates on delivery. In addition, some of these items will go on sale, for them to not honor any of the new prices. As someone who waits months on end for these items, you would think the least they could do is make good business decisions to honor any price that product changes to until it's arrived at your doorstep. Who wants to pay a premium for someone else to purchase it for hundreds of dollars less and you've been 4+ months waiting? Do better Pottery Barn.

Hi T,

Ryesha

Pottery Barn

Original review: July 20, 2022

I own the fact that I failed to research the customer experience reviews prior to making a purchase from Pottery Barn, if I had I would have avoided all of this. Basically I purchased a Tacoma dresser, which was on clearance so I understand that it's a final sale, and a Benchwright coffee table which was on sale. The only reason I purchased the items was both said they were in stock and ready ship. Prior to completing the purchase and paying the +$300 for delivery, the site had the estimated delivery for both pieces as July 10, 2022. Fast forward to July 20 and the dresser (which cannot be returned) is showing as at the delivery center and ready to ship, but awaiting other items (coffee table). The coffee table has had a status of 'In Transit to Delivery Center' for over 3 weeks now.

I really need the dresser, the table not so much. Still unaware of the nightmarish customer reviews I call customer service and request they cancel my order for the coffee table (which shows as in transit to delivery center) and just move forward with the delivery of the dresser (which shows as ready to schedule. The CSR informed me that the table was ready for delivery, but the dresser had not shipped yet. When I said that the delivery tracking on the website was showing the exact opposite I got no response. I was advised that I could cancel the dresser since it hadn't shipped. I told the CSR that the dresser was the item I actually needed, and that I had purchased in on clearance so I didn't think it was eligible for a refund, again, no response or explanation.

When pressed about which item was where and why I couldn't cancel the dresser, which was saying had NOT shipped he just said that it had and the only option I had was to wait until they called to schedule the delivery of both items and tell the warehouse which item I didn't want, and they could initiate an order cancellation request....What?? Why? You have over $2,000 which has been charged to my credit card, you can't tell me with any certainty if or when my items may be delivered or what the actual status is, and then tell me I can't request a cancellation at this time because you 'think' the item has shipped. How is that even legal? You charge me for an item you cannot locate, which I understand may happen...but refusing to cancel an order and issue a refund...very, very deceptive.

I will NEVER make another purchase from Pottery Barn and make sure I recommend to any and everyone who will listen that they don't either. All I originally wanted was to cancel the item that was holding up the delivery of the dresser. Now I am working with AMEX to dispute this entire charge...This is a fraudulent and unethical company and I'm shocked is even still in business.

Hi Samantha,

West Elm

Original review: July 18, 2022

We purchased a Belleair Single Sink Vanity for our guest bathroom. With not even three months of very occasional use; the countertop's finish has been left with what appears to be permanent etching in the finish from regular hand soap! This is either a manufacturing defect or they are knowingly selling sub-par products, because this cannot be an expected usage outcome in such a short amount of time.

Hello Shawn,

Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn.

We are sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with your product, can you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order number and reference this Consumer Affairs review? We would like to review your order.

Pottery Barn

Original review: July 17, 2022

I purchased and paid for two chairs on January 10th. I knew the chairs were on back order which was OK. I received a call in June for delivery of the chairs. The day of delivery, I received a call saying their computer system was down and needed to cancel the delivery. I received a call back from the delivery service to reschedule for delivery of "one" chair. I refused delivery of the single chair as I wanted to receive the full order knowing receipt of half the order would be a nightmare. Apparently, the second chair went missing. A search was placed but still no chair. Customer service listens and are very polite but the problem is still not solved. Note: my son is having the same problem with bedroom furniture. Time for Pottery Barn to get out of the business which is too bad as I like their furniture.

Hello Marge,
I am so sorry for the experience you have had. I appreciate you including the order number. Unfortunately, it is incorrect, and I could not look at your order. Please feel free to send an email to support@potterybarn.com with your order details. Our elevated support team is waiting to help you.

Dragon (Julie C.)

Original review: July 15, 2022

I was scheduled for 2 deliveries that never took place as my item had been lost but no one informed me of that. When I called to follow up, I was transferred a number of times back and forth from their warehouse to representatives. Always, having long wait times of 20-30 minutes. After all of that, they went to state that my item is lost and un-retrievable. They offered me 20% off a new item to correct their error but no one has assisted with that taking place despite a number of emails with customer service where representatives don't read the history of the case nor the implement any solutions.

It is now been up to 2 1/2 months since the onset of this problem with no resolution. I reached out to support@potterybarn.com yesterday and received a recognition of my email but no one has given it any follow up. I'm ready to close my Pottery Barn card at this point and never shop with them again. I would definitely not recommend them to anyone else, ever, right now.

Original review: July 14, 2022

I purchased a Snoo Smart Sleeper Bassinet from Pottery Barn. A few days later it went on sale on Amazon for nearly $500.00 less than I paid. I called customer service and asked if they would price match and they said since the item had already shipped (which hasn't even been delivered to me yet) there was nothing that they could do for me. I find this very hard to believe since I worked in Customer Service for 7 years with Northern Tool, and as a consumer EVERY store I have ever shopped from has no problem issuing a partial refund for something that goes on sale within 30 days of the purchase. Especially when Pottery Barn's website says they will match Amazon.

I said I would just refuse the shipment and order from Amazon directly and she made a comment that I wouldn't get my shipping back, I let her know it was free shipping and all she said was oh. I said that it is too bad for them because we planned to purchase the rest of our stuff off our registry from them that didn't get bought and now I will purchase from someone else and again she didn't really care. The lack of care for working for a company just shows you what kind of company they are and how they care for their customers, especially on such high priced items.

Pottery Barn response

Hello, Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn Kids. I am sorry to hear this has happened, can you please email us at support@potterybarnkids.com with your order number and reference this consumer affairs review? We would like to further research your order and assist you. Thank, Satima.

Original review: July 13, 2022

Updated on 07/14/2022: So far the only “response” is emails asking the exact same thing!! Replace Bots with people! Stop blaming things on the pandemic! This is unacceptable customer service. First the furniture was made in 3 months, that was expected, that’s the pandemic. Then my couch and chairs were sent to the City of Industry delivery hub, the couch was first and then the 2 chairs I ordered. All 3 pieces were scheduled to be delivered to me on July 8th. The day before the delivery the 2 chairs were misplaced. So they said they would do a dock search and let me know. No-one ever let me know.

So then they scheduled to have the couch delivered on July 14th, only to have lost that as well and told me the day before the delivery, AGAIN. Now they say they have to remake the couch, and I won’t possibly get that until September. The 2 chairs are supposedly sitting in a Ryder hub in San Francisco, I've scheduled a delivery for August, yet again. I have no confidence that they will actually get here. And if they are ready then there is NO reason they shouldn’t be here already since I was promised them by July 8th. And they’re paid for! Of course the money was already taken from me with no furniture on time as promised. If you’re working “overtime” then have my chairs here by tomorrow. The unprofessionalism of this entire process makes it obvious that your entire shipping process needs an overhaul.

I should not have to wait until August for my chairs, I am 4 hours away, show some good company faith and get them here now! That’s customer services, not letting them sit in a warehouse where they could get lost again!! This whole process was not a MATERIALS AND LABOR SHORTAGE. I am reading reviews and this is happening over and over again with this company. Good grief. Get a competent person to overhaul your shipping process or stop relying on other vendors to do it for you.

Hire more competent knowledgeable people to answer your phones in a more timely manner and educate them on how to solve problems and talk to customers. Twice I've been told not to feel emotions during this process, twice. A customer service rep should never tell a customer how to feel about their lost items! You will never calm or help a customer feel better by telling them how to feel! Telling me that they are just material items is no way to appease a person wanting answers! MY FRUSTRATIONS IS NOT THE PROBLEM THEY NEED TO FIX!

Original: Worst furniture delivery service! So far all 3 pieces of furniture I have ordered and paid for have ALL BEEN LOST!!! Now I have to wait another 6 weeks to get it!!! IF THAT EVER COMES! No one answers phones! No one knows what’s going on! Horrible customer service! HORRIBLE! Twice now I’ve had a “ delivery” date only to be told they have NO IDEA where my customer already paid for furniture is!!!! Both times cancelled!! No agent ever helps or has any idea where my furniture is!

Hello Christie,

Thank you for contacting West Elm.

I am sorry to hear this has happened, can you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order number and reference this consumer affairs review? We would like to further research your order and assist you.

Pottery Barn

Original review: July 9, 2022

Ordered 2 nightstands August 2021. Received 1 of them in March and they charged me for both. I have spent hours upon hours trying to get someone on the phone and by email. Each time the person promises to fix the issue and nothing happens. They have my money and my product.

Hello Diane,
I am so sorry for the experience you have had. Please feel free to send your order details to support@potterybarn.com and let us know you came from Consumer Affairs. Our elevated support team is waiting to help you.

Dragon (Julie C.)

Original review: July 6, 2022

Placed order on April 19, 2022. Was supposedly shipped June 8 when it went on my charge card and delivery on June 28. June 28 arrives change shipping to July 7 to July 28. Call customer service to check status on hold over 30 minutes only to get transferred to the delivery dept only to get transferred again to find the furniture was on schedule to be delivered on July 12. Very poor customer service and wait times.

Hello Beth,

Pottery Barn

Original review: July 2, 2022

In February we ordered a Paxton Power Swivel Glider & Recliner from Pottery Barn Kids for use in our nursery. It was scheduled for delivery in, roughly, late May - before our son's due date. The outside date on the delivery range came and went with nary a word from Pottery Barn leaving it to me to inquire as to what was going on. About 6 calls and a week or two later I finally get someone who submits a check with the vendor to see where the product is. They promise me a call back and, being that the customer service at Pottery Barn is terrible, failed to call me back.

So, obviously, I had to take the initiative again and call back - I am told that the item is in the country, through customs, and sitting on a trailer waiting to be driven to the distribution center where it will be ready to deliver 3-4 weeks late. Someone else who's phone number is on the order received a voicemail after my call in which the same information is relayed.

This new date comes and goes with, again, nary a word from PB so I call back and am told the item, which is coming from Vietnam, still hasn't been built completely contradicting what I was told previously. They then tell me that they honestly believe the updated delivery range of tomorrow to 3 weeks from now is legitimate because the vendor provided those dates despite the fact that the vendor also told them they were having a "production delay" - a vague answer that came with no details as to when said delay might be resolved. How a chair which hasn't been built yet is going to go from Vietnam to New York in 3 weeks is beyond me but the customer service rep seemed to think it was totally feasible.

At this point I ask to speak with a member of "leadership" (who have allegedly been running the checks with the vendor that have generated the conflicting information) who, I'm told, have access to more tools. I'm promised a call back from someone in "leadership" within 48 hours - I don't get one. I call back a few days later and ask why I didn't get my call back - I don't get a real answer and another request for a call back is submitted. You'll be surprised to hear I don't get a call back again so I call in and the rep tells me he's surprised as "they're normally very good about getting back to customers" - my experience of at least 4 promised call backs that didn't occur would beg to differ.

The entire time this is going on the reps I'm speaking with are offering me their distinctly insincere apologies and trying to shift the blame to Pottery Barn's vendor despite the fact that I placed the order with Pottery Barn and nowhere and at no time did they say this was coming from a 3rd party vendor to whose schedule I was beholden and who, I suspect (from reading other reviews), was experiencing "production delays" prior to when we placed our order. I canceled the order after being told I might get a 15% discount when the item arrives which, at this rate, would probably be when my son is 3.

Thanks for wasting our time - it's one thing to have trouble filling orders or to have bad customer service but to have both seems like a surefire way to lose customers and destroy your reputation. I will never shop at PB, Williams Sonoma, PB Kids, or West Elm again and am likely to end up sharing our terrible experience with anyone who shows even the slightest interest.

Hello Edward,
I am so sorry for the experience you have had. Please feel free to send your order details to support@potterybarnkids.com and the reference you have come over from Consumer Affairs. As your chair was a made-to-order item and it doesn't sound like it had been invoiced yet, I would like it verified by our elevated support team that this was canceled. If it was invoiced then a return for refund should have been issued.

Dragon (Julie C.)

Original review: July 1, 2022

This has been such a ridiculous experience. My couch was supposed to be delivered in early March, it is now July and still no word on if I will ever get it. They have had me going in circles for months now. They said they had all the parts but one was missing or damaged and they needed to get a replacement but the replacement hadn't been ordered. Why not?? They knew it was missing or damaged for weeks but hadn't done anything about it? So I told them that it seemed to me they should probably order a replacement and they said they would. Weeks later, still nothing I call again. The replacement order was never processed. I tell them please process the replacement order. They charge me in full for the couch. Weeks go by I call again asking about my couch. Still not ready. I call again a few days later, and again, and again, weeks go by, still not ready. I get told to wait for them to call me.

Ok... A month goes by, still nothing. The ETA has come and gone, been pushed back, come and gone, pushed back, come and gone.... I call again. The replacement was never ordered. All the while they keep telling me weird things like: because I'm an employee, I need to talk to my manager, I need to provide my credit card information again, I need to do this or that. I'm not an employee and haven't been for over half a year. Why does it matter that my order is an employee order and why is it treated any differently? Do they just put employee orders at the absolute bottom of the list?

I feel like when I finally do get my couch, if I ever do, it will be filthy from sitting at the hub for months and because it was marked as an employee order and they seem to think you can treat employees like garbage. I've spent so much money at Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma, money I would have spent elsewhere if I hadn't worked there. Isn't the whole point of employee orders to get free advertising for the brand? You are getting the opposite if this is how you treat them.

Original review: June 29, 2022

Pottery Barn has a very poor customer service besides delivery process, do not even deserve a star. Ordered a queen bed which was delivered in two pieces, they had to replace a week later and did not have any of their supervisors reach out for an apology for the inconvenience. Replacement bed again had marks in the headboard and bed side panels did not align properly. On top of all this they haven’t even bothered to resolve, think twice before you order.

Hello Rajeev,

Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn.

We are so sorry this has been your experience, please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order details, and reference this consumer affairs review. We would like to review your order and assist with resolution.

Pottery Barn

Original review: June 28, 2022

I purchased 4 Caleb outdoor lanterns. They were used in a covered patio and the finish discolored and peeled off in many places. I have contacted customer support as I was asked to do by the store and they do not stand behind their products. I have been unable to exchange or receive a credit for these lanterns which failed to maintain their finish. I have purchased outdoor lanterns at Target and Home Depot that have done much better than these ones.

Hello Christina,

Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn.

We are sorry to hear about your experience, can you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order number and reference this Consumer Affairs review? We would like to review your order.

Pottery Barn

Original review: June 27, 2022

I was charged for my furniture on May 28. It is now June 27 and delivery had still not been scheduled. They have called twice to schedule delivery but when I call crack they tell me no available delivery times in my area. Today they called me at 11:43 and I called back at 11:58 and they had no available delivery times. I asked the women what I was supposed to if I cannot answer the phone when they call (I am a busy person, I have a life!), she basically said I’d better answer next time! It took slightly over a week between the calls to got. At this rate, I’ll never get my furniture that I have been waiting for for months and have paid for!!! I will never order anything from Pottery Barn again!

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn.

We are so sorry to hear about your experience with trying to have your order delivered. Can you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order number, and please reference this Consumer Affairs review? We would like to review your order and assist you.

Pottery Barn

Original review: June 25, 2022

We ordered a PB Modern Wingback Glider & Recliner for our nursery on November 4th 2021 to be delivered in January before the birth of our son. January came and went, our son was born and did not have the rocking chair we ordered to use with him. Delivery got pushed to Feb-March. Then May. Then June. By this point I tried to cancel the order, but they wouldn't let me. Finally it was supposed to be delivered today (JUNE 25th!!!) and on the day of the delivery they sent a link to track the delivery. Finally! We were going to get the rocking chair we've have needed for the first 5 months of our son's life.

As we tracked the delivery, we watched the truck go from house to house. Then it was our turn... and BAM the delivery was cancelled! PB offered no update as to why. I have now been on hold for 40 minutes trying to reschedule the delivery. This has been the absolute worst purchasing decision I have ever made. I will never shop at William Sonoma or Pottery Barn ever again.

Hello J,
I am so sorry for the experience you have had. I have sent an email to the address on file with your order regarding this.

Social Media Team

Original review: June 23, 2022

I ordered a sofa in April. Was contacted a couple weeks ago to schedule delivery, it was scheduled for June 16. ON JUNE 16 after receiving 2 different confirmations in past 24 hours, I receive a phone call saying the driver couldn't find the warehouse?? "Someone will call you within 48 hours to reschedule." I was out of town so when I returned I realize its been 6 days and no call. I get on the website to find contact info and it says it was delivered yesterday??! I contacted PB via email, no response. I contacted them this afternoon via phone and waited the very long wait time to talk with someone. I explain the situation, the person on the other end tells me it was delivered, I tell her, "No, that is what I am telling you, it was not."

She has me hold, cold transfers me so I get to start the entire story over (is there not a place for notes on the computer???). She tells me it appears they can't find the sofa in the warehouse but they will continue looking as she put a new inquiry in today and someone will call me within 48 hours to let me know what they find out, BUT IF THEY DON'T then just call back, sure, I would love too. Ridiculous for a store that "appears" to pride itself on quality. A week after ordering this, I decided I wanted another piece for the same room, can't wait to see what I am told when that one is late!

Original review: June 22, 2022

I ordered a bed for my child on 5/3/22 with an estimated delivery from 5/9-5/23. On 5/26 was finally contacted to schedule delivery…for 6/22. Fine. I understand backlogs and staff shortage. On 6/22 they show up and only have half of my order. When I called customer service I waited 35 minutes to talk to a person (I have called customer service before and the wait time is always this long), then she put me on one hold after another I think because she didn’t know what she was doing. Then she blamed Covid for only half my delivery actually arriving. Nonsense. So I pushed and she kept saying she couldn’t do anything so I asked to talk to a supervisor. She informed me it would be a 15 minute wait…without checking she knew it would take 15 minutes.

So that’s a precursor to talking to management, like a punishment for trying to advocate for yourself. She kept coming back on the line not expecting me to be there. I finally got connected to the manager with horrible phone interference that was not there on my prior call, although there was an echo on that one. She took 5 minutes asking me “is this better?” Over and over. It never was. Finally I just said my piece and I asked her to talk slowly because I could hardly understand her through the interference. She basically said wait until the rest arrives at some unknown time and call back then and they might consider compensation. Empty words to try to get me to buggar off. I am so angry about this experience. They care absolutely none for their customers.

Hello Rachel,

Thank you for contacting Pottery Barn.

We are so sorry to hear that this was your experience with our company. We would like to assist you and get your order resolved, can you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order number?

Original review: June 21, 2022

I purchased 4 washable velvet twill pocket curtains 96” in length. Label says they can be washed. I washed them as per the label instructions in cold water and hung them dry. Each panel shrunk 3”. I called customer service and while they were very polite they were not able to allow an exchange/replacement because too much time had passed from when I purchased them. Very disappointed that after purchasing thousands of dollars on brackets and multiple curtain orders over the years that they would not stand behind their product. Buyer beware and do not trust their labels.

Hello Kim,

We thank you very much for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order details? We are here to help.

Yasmin

Original review: June 21, 2022

My husband and I purchased a dining room table to November 1, 2021. As of June 21, 2022 we still do not have the table. Dealing with Pottery Barn customer service has been the most horrendous customer service experience. The table was originally suppose to arrive January 1-14, it did not. It was finally scheduled to be delivered in March of '22 but was cancelled the day of delivery due to the top not passing some sort of quality inspection. We were then told that the table would arrive in June. We got an email the week of delivery date to schedule the "table base". My husband immediately called Pottery Barn who assured us the entire table would be delivered. The delivered arrived and only the base arrived.

Until this point my husband has been the one dealing with Pottery Barn customer service via email. Last Tuesday they did not even respond to the email when asked about the location of the top of the table. Yesterday, I called the customer service line to get clarification on the situation. I was on hold for 1 hour and 15 minutes. I was told a supervisor was looking into the situation and someone would call me back the same day. No one did.

I called back today, again, and waited to talk to a supervisor. I talked to a supervisor who stated she was on the phone with the delivery service and asked if she could call me after she talked with them. I confirmed that this call would be in the next couple hours and she confirmed stating it would be, "right after she talked to them." No one has called. ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIC CUSTOMER SERVICE. I can not emphasize enough how displeased we are. I have read recent reviews that are very similar to this (down to only delivering one piece of the furniture). Seriously, I would think very hard before I ordered anything from Pottery Barn. You may or may not get it in the next year and good luck getting a hold of anyone who cares in the meantime.

Hello Erin,

Yasmin

Pottery Barn

Original review: June 17, 2022

I am so frustrated with Pottery Barn and their entire customer service team. I ordered 2 custom made leather sofas back in February. Delivery day came and I only received 1 sofa. I have spent the past 2 weeks speaking with a variety of customer service and delivery scheduling reps for resolution to no avail. The delivery center here in Denver apparently won't even reply to the reps. Now, they want to replace the one sofa, however, what happens when the dye lots don't match. They don't want to refund my money either. Even though I have requested every single time I have called, which has been almost everyday, no Supervisor/Leadership will speak to me directly. They just send chat messages back the customer service rep who has no authority to do anything. This is UNACCEPTABLE by Pottery Barn!

Unfortunately, this isn't the first experience like this I have had in the past 5 months. A mirror, scheduled for delivery twice went missing and never found. A console table supposedly in stock in February never arrived nor any update as to delivery. A dining set arrived in multiple pieces over a 3 month period. I have been a Pottery Barn customer for over 30 years. NO MORE!!! I will never shop Pottery Barn, William-Sonoma, or any associated companies and I would urge you not to as well. Any attention to this comment by Corporate or the media would be beneficial in trying to put a stop to this deceptive company's policies.

Hello Rebecca,
I am so sorry for the experience you have had. Please feel free to send your order details to support@potterybarn.com with reference to Case ID 209504. Our elevated support team is waiting to help you.

Dragon (Julie C.)

Original review: June 15, 2022

I received a Big Sur sofa and it has defective legs. I called customer service and after being on hold forever told them about the situation and they said they could send out a medic to fix it. We agreed on a date, I received a text message the day before saying they would be here at 1pm. I waited until 1:30pm and called (waited for 45 minutes), the lady spoke to the company and guaranteed me they would be there by 8pm, end of day for them. I waited until 7:30 and called (waited another 45 minutes). They told me it’s not their problem and transferred me to the people who were suppose to come l. After waiting on the phone again the next person told me they finished for the day at 5pm and I would have to call the next day. Worst service ever. Haven’t been able to get my sofa fixed

Hi Zainab,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Would you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order details and reference your Consumer Affairs inquiry? We are here to help.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I purchased two York Deep Sofas at Pottery Barn. I went through the designer that worked at the store at the time. She came out to my home and recommended I get the Sunbrella Performance fabric because it would hold up the best. I decided to spend the extra money and was really excited to get these sofas. In the 3 years since I have had these sofas they have pilled and look very worn. It is just my husband and I in the home. Pottery Barn says pilling is normal and will not stand behind their product. I have never had a sofa that pilled. I am very disappointed in the quality and customer service.

Hello Cara,

I am sorry you are so disappointed! Our Return and Replacement policy is as follows. Normal returns and replacements are issued within 30 days. Manufacturer’s defects are refunded or replaced within 9 months of purchase. Unfortunately, this order is 3 years old, and the replacement time frame has run its course. As you are aware pilling is considered a natural characteristic. Please view link: https://bit.ly/3NRiBuQ

Warm regards, Tammi

Original review: June 14, 2022

I wish to complain about Pottery Barn failed delivery related to a sleeper sofa that I purchased on November 12, 2021 (order number **). The order was created by internal designer I worked with, Andrea ** (totally happy with her). I am complaining because we were expecting the item to be delivered on March 30th 2022. We were charged for this item on January 26, 2022. In preparation for the sleeper sofa’s delivery, we donated our old sleeper sofa a day before the delivery. On a day of delivery, March 30th, we were notified by delivery company that sleeper sofa was not being delivered as it was damaged in transit to the warehouse (way before our scheduled delivery date). The delivery company also stated that Pottery Barn knew of the issue in advance and should have notified us.

A replacement order was placed with a new estimated delivery date of June 17, 2021 (replacement order number ** ). On June 10 I emailed customer service to find out a status of the delivery and few days later was informed that the new ETA is August 2 – 20. Well, if I were to place an order on June 12th for that item my delivery date would have been the same. So, on June 14th I called customer service (which is very painful as no one picks up phones or knows anything anyways) and was told that an invoice was created for my replacement sofa on June 12 (two days after my email, 5 months after the payment date and 3 days before original estimated delivery date). Not surprisingly, I was not given any explanation for the delay, no refund was offered, no replacement sofa was offered. Supervisor was too busy to talk to me even though I was on a call for 52 minutes.

I believe that this situation and customer service response is unfair because we had a perfectly fine sleeper sofa up to a day before the failed delivery. At the time of placing an order I discussed this and was told that all items are checked way in advance of delivery to avoid these issues. Once I realized we had to buy a temporary sofa I asked for PB to compensate me for the new item which was declined, I then asked for a temporary refund (the sleeper was paid for on January 26, 2022) until the new sofa was ready to be shipped. That was declined as well. I fully understand shipping delays, but all it was required to avoid this situation was one phone call about the damaged sofa. On top of that, it looks like replacement was not ordered either and now I'm looking at least 5 months without a sofa in my house and my guests sleeping on the floor.

Hi Agnes,

Thank you so much for reaching out. Would you please email us at support@potterybarn.com with your order details and reference your Consumer Affairs inquiry? We are here to help.

Pottery Barn Company Information