Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores

3.8/5 (162 ratings)

About Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mathis Brothers Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

Do not buy from Mathis Brothers. How is this for customer service? We ordered a bedroom suite from Mathis Brothers paying for the “membership” so we could get a lower price and free delivery. When we called to set up delivery, we were told 1st that they don’t deliver on Wednesday. 2nd that they could not give us a time of morning or afternoon on Thursday so we chose the only day we could be home all day which was Friday. We did get a time frame on Thursday evening. I received a call during that time frame that they were trying to deliver but the person at the house did not know who we were. I ask the address and it was our old house that we have not been in in 8 years. I told the person calling that my current house was 1.5 miles away and he said his people would be there in 5 or 6 minutes. Never showed up.

Later, after many phone calls I was told the best they could do was Sunday. How hard would it have been for the manager with whom I spoke to tell deliver to come back to my house even if it entailed overtime since they had made the mistake. I had my money refunded and bought elsewhere which I should have done in the first place. I discussed the events with a friend and he said they had the very same issue happen to then recently. It seems the tail is waging the dog if they cannot control the delivery service. Don’t be frustrated by incompetent delivery that controls sales and buy from another company.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

I came to purchase a dresser online and I signed up with an email and password, because online it says become a member to get perks. So I did. Immediately after I signed up, the dresser I was trying to buy now had the member price which I got excited about. I added it to my cart but the protection plan kept automatically popping up into the cart when I specifically kept trying to remove it. So as of right now my total has become $410 including the protection plan(which I didn’t want) and I also got the “deluxe delivery” which they delivery into room of choice. Also because I signed up it was showing on my end that the deluxe delivery was FREE! So I said definitely taking advantage of that, also thinking it was because I had become a member, supposedly.

I ended up leaving everything in my cart and thought I should contact someone just in case to see if they can remove my protection plan before I make the purchase. The person I began texting with said I was not a member and sent me a quote that was around $479 because a membership price I guess costs you $129 to sign up? So he sent this quote and I screenshot my total and said I’m not paying extra it’s showing me deluxe delivery is free for me. Once I said that he completely ghosted me and I never heard back from him. So I said whatever I’ll just buy it online now and call back to get the protection plan taken off. My total once again was $410.

The next morning I woke up to find a new person texting me about discussing my order with them, also with a new email and quote of a total of $579!!! Even more than the first quote!! Then I noticed they went ahead and charged me for the “deluxe deliver” WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE. First of all you absolutely CANNOT charge my card without my knowledge EVER! Or anyone for that matter. Second of all I HAVE PROOF that my totals were what they were, it’s not my problem or my fault that the charges weren’t registering for me. That’s clearly a IT issue.

Third of all they need to HONOR the fact that the charge wasn’t populating for me. If they wanted actual good customer service they would still give me the deluxe delivery without charging me an arm and a leg. And mind you the Jessica girl I spoke with via text did everything in her power to make sure I couldn’t speak to a supervisor. I even tried calling her on the number she provided and she wouldn’t answer.

All in all they refunded the charges for the delivery and protection plan but this whole experience was horrific and I will absolutely never order from them again or recommend anyone to ever order from them either. They handled this situation sooooo poorly that I had to write a review. I only like writing good reviews but I had to be heard in this case.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Very poor exchange/return policy for mattresses. Mathis Brothers is never about customer satisfaction. After your purchase and delivery, they don’t care about the customer any more. I will never buy again from Mathis Brothers and will never ever recommend them to anyone. I would give no stars on this review if I could.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

We shopped for furniture after a house fire and purchased a lot of furniture from Ashley. We also purchased the Furniture Protection Plan. BEWARE! This plan is NOT GOOD and you get MORE DENIALS when the furniture is soiled. The furniture after 2 years is getting aged. I should have known better, but it is what it is. I probably would NOT buy Ashley furniture in the future but it is a decent price for average furniture. The protection plan? SAVE YOUR MONEY! I repeat. SAVE YOUR MONEY! It is WORTHLESS to say the least. Don't be fooled. Don't let them sell you a pig in a poke.

Mathis Brothers doesn't care about it and now, neither do I. I will get new furniture if I can't get this cleaned by myself and I will NOT SHOP at ANY MATHIS BROTHERS FURNITURE STORE. Maybe Bob Mills or COSTCO. Beware of who you do business with and WHO TAKES CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. Mathis Brothers and Ashley (owned by them in Oklahoma) is NOT THE PLACE! So, SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Original review: July 5, 2022

I would not recommend that you buy from Mathis Brothers especially mattresses. I bought right at $40,000 worth of furniture from them about a month ago and when it came time for us to pick the mattresses out for the master bed we were told the split mattresses might be a good fit for us. Though we were a bit apprehensive about the split situation we were assured we could swap them if we didn't like them after 30 days. Well as it turns out we were right, we hate the split mattresses so we called for the swap so we could exchange the two twin XL for a King like we originally had planned.

Now let the half truths and lies begin as the real deal about their exchange policy is you have to exchange the same size mattresses that you bought. "Would be nice if they mentioned this". Two twin XL is a King size, but nope you can't and additionally you have to pay $200 per mattress for the exchange. If you want to return them, nope that won't work either. So we have over 7K is mattresses that looks like we are going to give away as we hate this combination. Don't listen to what they say as it is lies and make sure you read every single page disclosure / disclaimer they make you sign in the mountain of paperwork at checkout as their words or lack thereof means nothing. Needless to say I have cancelled all the furniture that we bought corporately just in time thank the Lord and will be looking to take our business elsewhere and you should too. Buyer beware!!

Original review: May 13, 2022

We purchased a set of tables with surface defects and they were not interested in working with us. And judging by the many other complaints here regarding support they don't appear to stand by their warranty/support.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

We purchased 10K plus of new furniture from Mathis Brothers. They sold my wife an Extended warranty protection plan "FPP" that was told by sales person covered the furniture in case of scratches, stains, pets, ETC the "no worry plan" about our new costly investment. This could not be further from the truth, they knowingly LIED about this coverage. We spent almost a 1000$ on a useless warranty. Our fault, my wife did not read the paperwork. What the Big print giveth, the small print taketh. This warranty is a CON, and the salespeople should know. They misrepresent the warranty in all facets. I am only writing this to let people know, do not waste your money. Ask for the exclusion page of the "extended protection plan".. IT's a JOKE. They should be ashamed.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I spent about $3800 on a mattress & adjustable base in January. In July after making an honest effort to adjust to the bed, it was too firm. Called to do the exchange as I purchased the additional, mattress cover, pillows & rewards to qualify for the 365 sleep warranty. In July I meet with a district manager to exchange & am told it would be an additional $700 for the exact same mattress in the "softer" version. I requested a returned or clearance model of like quality & price. For MONTHS I texted to get an update & was blown off. I finally called & made a complaint & the next day all of a sudden they had a mattress. Both times we went to select a mattress, we were told how the firm is like concrete & the misconception of firm beds being good for your back. We were never told this at time of purchase.

Get my delivery 10/14/2021 & the paperwork I was finally shown, confirms the mattress I was given is $600 less than my original purchase & does not have all of the features of my original. I contacted the DM to ask could they at least throw in some pillows & was told NO. Instead of reducing their profit & swapping me out for my exact mattress they made me wait 2 1/2 months to get the new one delivered, at not even close to the price or quality & almost bragged that they knew the firm mattress is the most returned mattress they sell. Then a simple gesture of a set of pillows was too much. Will never shop or recommend Mathis Brothers again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Purchased a sofa & loveseat in mid August and was told it would be ready for delivery the first 2 weeks of September. Called to schedule delivery and was told it wouldn’t be ready til late September. Called to schedule delivery and am now being told late October. When I asked to cancel my order I was transferred around for over an hour and eventually told I would receive a call back from my salesperson… A week later and still no call. This company is the used car lot of furniture stores. Beware, and do not shop here!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

On 9/3/2021 I bought a Purple mattress and the adjustable base. I was given the wrong merchandise and have tried contacting managers, corporate and no one will help me. I am being discriminated against.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores Company Information