Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores

3.8/5 (76 ratings)

About Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mathis Brothers Furniture?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Very poor exchange/return policy for mattresses. Mathis Brothers is never about customer satisfaction. After your purchase and delivery, they don’t care about the customer any more. I will never buy again from Mathis Brothers and will never ever recommend them to anyone. I would give no stars on this review if I could.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

We shopped for furniture after a house fire and purchased a lot of furniture from Ashley. We also purchased the Furniture Protection Plan. BEWARE! This plan is NOT GOOD and you get MORE DENIALS when the furniture is soiled. The furniture after 2 years is getting aged. I should have known better, but it is what it is. I probably would NOT buy Ashley furniture in the future but it is a decent price for average furniture. The protection plan? SAVE YOUR MONEY! I repeat. SAVE YOUR MONEY! It is WORTHLESS to say the least. Don't be fooled. Don't let them sell you a pig in a poke.

Mathis Brothers doesn't care about it and now, neither do I. I will get new furniture if I can't get this cleaned by myself and I will NOT SHOP at ANY MATHIS BROTHERS FURNITURE STORE. Maybe Bob Mills or COSTCO. Beware of who you do business with and WHO TAKES CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. Mathis Brothers and Ashley (owned by them in Oklahoma) is NOT THE PLACE! So, SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2022

I would not recommend that you buy from Mathis Brothers especially mattresses. I bought right at $40,000 worth of furniture from them about a month ago and when it came time for us to pick the mattresses out for the master bed we were told the split mattresses might be a good fit for us. Though we were a bit apprehensive about the split situation we were assured we could swap them if we didn't like them after 30 days. Well as it turns out we were right, we hate the split mattresses so we called for the swap so we could exchange the two twin XL for a King like we originally had planned.

Now let the half truths and lies begin as the real deal about their exchange policy is you have to exchange the same size mattresses that you bought. "Would be nice if they mentioned this". Two twin XL is a King size, but nope you can't and additionally you have to pay $200 per mattress for the exchange. If you want to return them, nope that won't work either. So we have over 7K is mattresses that looks like we are going to give away as we hate this combination. Don't listen to what they say as it is lies and make sure you read every single page disclosure / disclaimer they make you sign in the mountain of paperwork at checkout as their words or lack thereof means nothing. Needless to say I have cancelled all the furniture that we bought corporately just in time thank the Lord and will be looking to take our business elsewhere and you should too. Buyer beware!!

Original review: May 13, 2022

We purchased a set of tables with surface defects and they were not interested in working with us. And judging by the many other complaints here regarding support they don't appear to stand by their warranty/support.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

We purchased 10K plus of new furniture from Mathis Brothers. They sold my wife an Extended warranty protection plan "FPP" that was told by sales person covered the furniture in case of scratches, stains, pets, ETC the "no worry plan" about our new costly investment. This could not be further from the truth, they knowingly LIED about this coverage. We spent almost a 1000$ on a useless warranty. Our fault, my wife did not read the paperwork. What the Big print giveth, the small print taketh. This warranty is a CON, and the salespeople should know. They misrepresent the warranty in all facets. I am only writing this to let people know, do not waste your money. Ask for the exclusion page of the "extended protection plan".. IT's a JOKE. They should be ashamed.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I spent about $3800 on a mattress & adjustable base in January. In July after making an honest effort to adjust to the bed, it was too firm. Called to do the exchange as I purchased the additional, mattress cover, pillows & rewards to qualify for the 365 sleep warranty. In July I meet with a district manager to exchange & am told it would be an additional $700 for the exact same mattress in the "softer" version. I requested a returned or clearance model of like quality & price. For MONTHS I texted to get an update & was blown off. I finally called & made a complaint & the next day all of a sudden they had a mattress. Both times we went to select a mattress, we were told how the firm is like concrete & the misconception of firm beds being good for your back. We were never told this at time of purchase.

Get my delivery 10/14/2021 & the paperwork I was finally shown, confirms the mattress I was given is $600 less than my original purchase & does not have all of the features of my original. I contacted the DM to ask could they at least throw in some pillows & was told NO. Instead of reducing their profit & swapping me out for my exact mattress they made me wait 2 1/2 months to get the new one delivered, at not even close to the price or quality & almost bragged that they knew the firm mattress is the most returned mattress they sell. Then a simple gesture of a set of pillows was too much. Will never shop or recommend Mathis Brothers again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Purchased a sofa & loveseat in mid August and was told it would be ready for delivery the first 2 weeks of September. Called to schedule delivery and was told it wouldn’t be ready til late September. Called to schedule delivery and am now being told late October. When I asked to cancel my order I was transferred around for over an hour and eventually told I would receive a call back from my salesperson… A week later and still no call. This company is the used car lot of furniture stores. Beware, and do not shop here!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

On 9/3/2021 I bought a Purple mattress and the adjustable base. I was given the wrong merchandise and have tried contacting managers, corporate and no one will help me. I am being discriminated against.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

As newlyweds we were thrilled to purchase our first couch. We have been waiting 9 months with ZERO communication from Mathis brothers. No one will return my calls and Alex the Irvine store manager is ignoring me. I want a refund and to cancel the order. This is crazy. Do not order from Mathis brothers.

Original review: April 11, 2021

Purchased two custom couches from Irvine location in late May/early June 2020. Very delayed in delivery but we were accepting of this due to covid and shipping issues. Paid for half of the cost at purchase with other half to be paid before delivery. Mathis Bros stated that couches would be ready in late August. Received call very last minute demanding payment as couches would be delivered the next day. So couches were delivered very last minute. ****Custom couches only have 7 days warranty***. This is not discussed at purchase. They do not allow time for reading materials before signing.

We were assured Bernhardt couches are top of the line with no sagging and springs are sound/good. Two-three months after we had the couches they started to sag. We called for an evaluation and the tech said they could not do anything. Now April 2021 two springs are broken. We called to have the couch be repaired. They refused to have the couch picked up due to our kids having gotten it dirty. It’s lived in, a light material and we have kids. Now we are having to schedule someone to clean our couch! We bought the cleaning package as well but I am sure that there is a loop hole with the cleaning as well. We are so dissatisfied and frustrated. As of right now we will never purchase from Mathis brothers again, and will never refer anyone to Mathis brothers.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores Company Information