Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores
3.06/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores

84 Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 13, 2019

We are so disappointed with Mathis Brothers in Tulsa Oklahoma. We purchased a couch, chair, and ottoman and the salesman offered a warranty that would cover ANY damage. We have pets so we specifically asked him even if it gets damaged by a dog or cat? He said yes for any reason they would either fix or replace it. So we purchased the warranty. My husband sent pictures and an email showing our damage and both Adrianne and Nikki responded back saying they were sorry but what the salesman told us was untrue therefore our furniture couldn’t be fixed or replaced. Not all damage was even caused by our pets but because it had some pet damage it voided the warranty. I hate that we were lied to and hate it even more that we paid extra for nothing.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Gail- We are sorry to read about the issues you are having with your claim. Pet damage is the major exclusion with Furniture Protection and we are sorry if this was misrepresented by your salesperson. This salesperson is no longer with the company and as a result, we will refund the amount paid for the Protection Plan now that the warranty is voided. If there is anything else we can do for you please email us. Thank you for your business.

Resolution response: May 11, 2019

My wife went to the store personally and Mathis Brothers bent over backwards to resolve the situation. We are very happy with the solution that they came up for for us. I fully expected to get the run around but they stood by their commitment. I’ve got to say, we are very pleasantly surprised. I am upgrading my rating to a four. Thank you Mathis Brothers

Original review: May 11, 2019

Bought a dining room table set with two chairs and two different very expensive chairs three weeks ago. The two leather castor chairs for $679 ea. were on back order. So much for their statement that all items are in their warehouse ready for pick up or delivery. We were told at the time of purchase that the chairs would be in the following week. My wife has called them four times and they don’t have any idea when or where the chairs will be available. She has left three separate voice mails on the salesman’s phone to call her. No one will return her calls. This is the last business they will ever get from us. This is not the first time we have had problems with them. Obviously, all they care about is sales. Chris, Oklahoma City, OK.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: May 14, 2019

After several emails going back and forth, Mathis Bros agreed to fixing the drawers at no cost to me. I appreciate the service tech (Andy) who was professional, polite, and knowledgable. He called to confirm the service date and time on both occasions. He arrive on time and was finished in 1/2 hour. Great job Andy. Thx????????????

In regards to Mathis Bros customer service. I had to complain to Consumer Affairs to get this done. Not cool. Your customer service girl who took my call did not give a crap about my issue and the customer service manager was not much better.

The bottom line is this: Always try to take good care of your customers. Why? Its the right thing to do! Customers could return for future purchases providing their customer service experience was good and maybe they send will send a few friends.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Updated on 04/29/2019: Mathis Brothers will only respond to its former customers if you file a complaint with ConsumerAffairs. Mathis Brothers responded stating I received excellent customer service. I did not. They were rude, unprofessional and tried to charge me for a defective product. I paid over $4500 for my bedroom and living room sets. The original tags are still dangling from the drawers. I spoke to a local repair shop and he stated that Mathis Brothers keeps him busy. Mathis Brothers will not honor or repair their FLAGSHIP “Ashley”. I suggest you purchase from a company that respects your business and money.

Original Review: Called customer service to have a service man come out and repair the drawer guides on several drawers. The tags are still on the furniture. I put the furniture away while I was away on military duty. When I returned, I moved everything into my new place. The bearings from several the drawer guides started falling out. I pulled the drawers out and found loose bearings everywhere. I looked at the drawer guides and they are cheap made in China crap. Mathis Brothers sent a tech and he agreed. They were cheap made in China drawer guides. He said he would get them ordered and return to install them.

Two weeks later, Mathis Brothers customer service manager called me to let me know they can order new drawer guides at my expense, $25 per set X 3 sets. Same made in China crap. I said no thanks. I already paid thousands of dollars for the furniture and they should honor their FLASHIP brand. The customer service manager refused. I will never buy from Mathis Brothers again and I will tell all my friends of my experience. I’m sure my opinion will get heard. I am employed by the largest employer in the America????

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Mark- We apologize about the issues you are having with your dresser. If you can please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we will have our Management Team look into this again to see how we can assist. Thank you for your business.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 27, 2019

Purchased a mattress and within 3 months the mattress was dipping and did not have the same support. It gradually over 2 years has got so bad we have not been able to sleep on it. Notified Mathis Brothers and filled out warranty. They only offered to put more foam inside. This mattress and box springs was $3,000. I have spoke with over 14 friends that have the same type of mattress and they have all experienced the same problems.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Erin- We are sorry to read about the issues you experienced with your mattress. If you can please send us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we'd like to look into this further. Thank you for your business.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 22, 2019

My wife and I decided to spend the extra money and buy really quality furniture for our new house. So we thought! Let me start from the beginning, we went to the store in Ontario, California. When we walked in there were plenty of salespeople waiting to help us. The sales person asked us what we were looking for. We told him living room furniture. He was happy to help us. We told him we wanted something that was really good quality and would last. He directed us to a very nice looking leather sofa set, we liked it right from the start. He let us know it was made from quality leather and came with a great warranty. The price was very high but we already raised our kids and decided to spoil ourselves $ 5,041.00.

We went to pay for it and was talked into an extended warranty for $ 359.95 that we should buy this warranty to make sure everything was covered. Well the furniture started falling apart on us so we drove down to the store we purchased it, and lo and behold wouldn’t you believe that we were told that the color on the furniture was not covered. The stain on the furniture just started coming off and totally discolored. The premium leather we thought we bought was peeling from the material it was glued to. The plugs for the recliner were coming out of the back of the chair. The stitching on the chair was coming apart, we we’re told that’s only warrantied for a year. So please don’t waste your money on this company. Let my experience and others on this boards experiences help you make a better choice for shopping.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Darla- We apologize about the issues your having with your furniture. Mathis Brothers does not offer an extended warranty on any furniture. The Furniture Protection Plan only covers day-to-day accidents that may happen in your home. If you can please send us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we will have Management look into this to see how we can help. Thank you for your business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mathis Brothers Furniture?

Original review: April 19, 2019

The brand was Li. Modern beautiful couch. And I was buying at a reputable company. Should have bought it from the bender off the street for the same standard of quality. 5 months after receiving an expensive couch the cushions have dropped 5”. And Mathis Brothers' solution to to put the same poor quality cushions back in it. They have had the couch for 3 months with no end in sight since the cushions are coming from China or Korea. Maybe in 7 month I might have a couch back and I assume will be complaining about the same problem. And my suggestion was to apologize for selling a poor quality product and give me an in store credit to buy another couch that has a higher quality standard. NOPE!!! You get to keep the pricey couch with the sinking cushions. I guess they don’t care about return customers.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Cheryl- We'd like to apologize for the longer than expected wait to receive parts for your sofa. We always try to repair your furniture first before offering any store credit. It's our hopes that the new cushion cores that will be installed will work much better for you. We have your information and will make sure you are contacted once repairs are done. Thank you for your business.

Original review: April 16, 2019

We hate our Tempur-Pedic! We bought ours from Mathis Brothers and were told we would like it if we gave it time; whatever! Neither Tempur-Pedic or Mathis Brothers would do anything about it. This is our 3rd Tempur-Pedic purchase and I'm so disappointed! I will never spend another dime at Mathis Brothers or Tempur-Pedic!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Lorri- We are sorry to read about the issues you are currently experiencing with your mattress. If you can please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we will have our Management Team look into this to see how we can assist. Thank you for your business.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Purchased a mattress about 3 months ago. Top started to dip in across the top. Turned the mattress around and it did the same thing at the other end. Filed a claim and was told today the dip wasn't deep enough so nothing they can do. After years of giving them my business, I will no longer shop there. Now we're left with a mattress that causes back pain for my son and guests. Thanks a lot!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Samantha- We are sorry to read about the issues you are currently experiencing with your mattress. If you can please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we will have our Management Team look into this to see how we can assist. Thank you for your business.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I found and purchased two dining chairs early March with the knowledge that it was out of stock. The salesman told me it would be 4 - 6 weeks before it would be delivered. I made a follow up call just prior to the 4th week and was told that the delivery date was expected to be within a few days. After a few days had passed, I went into the store only to be told that the delivery date was now some time in June.

The person at the service desk thought the date was too long a period since it was a regular order and not a custom/special order. She called the salesperson up to the desk to have him check on the date. Steven **, the same salesperson that was so nice and courteous while making the sale was now very dismissive. He told me that the 8-12 week date was correct, rambled something about certain furniture, that he did not tell me it was going to be 4-6 weeks and walked away. I am now looking elsewhere for chairs, will be canceling my order and never buy from them again. I will also be sure to not recommend them. After reading some of these reviews, it appears to be a common issue. Their television ads are sure to mention next day delivery but on what items... deceiving!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello- We apologize for the delay in receiving your furniture and for the way our Sales Team treated you in store. We quote 8-12 weeks on all custom/special order merchandise. We apologize if you were given a different time frame. If you can please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with your purchase we would like to look into this further. Thank you for your business.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I purchased a mattress along with a new bed last week from Mathis Brothers. I was super excited about my purchase as my sales person was very friendly and felt like it was a good experience from the start. I did, however, make sure that if the mattress did not work for me, I would be able to exchange it. I purchased two items at $99 each to ensure I could do an exchange.

After two terrible nights of sleep and back pain, I called Mathis Brothers this morning and was told I could do an exchange but had to wait 30 days. If I would have been told this from the beginning, I would NOT have made the purchase. I understand that somewhere in the very very fine print, it does state this information but NO ONE happened to point this out to me when I was making the purchase. I will wait the 30 days, exchange the mattress and then take my very small amount of business that I give to Mathis Brothers elsewhere. Just wanted to make you aware in case you are in the market to purchase a mattress... MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE RULES because the fine print is NOT pointed out. Thank you.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Kathryn - We are sorry you feel you were misled. The 30 day wait is very common with mattresses. Whenever you sleep on a different mattress, it is going to feel different from what you are used to. It takes time for your body to get used to the mattress and the mattress can break in. It's similar to a new pair of shoes, they aren't always comfortable at first, but after some time they break in and feel great. Hopefully you'll find this to be true for you as well.

Original review: March 29, 2019

My husband and I spent 3 hours in the store shopping for the perfect mattress. We had help from Jon and Ray, who you could tell would rather be spending their time elsewhere. We took the sleep test and it scored us at a level 3/4 for comfortability, we decided that 4 would be our best fit. We really liked the Serta iComfort Hybrid but it was out of our price range so we decide to see if they had an older model in the clearance section, both men told us no but we decide to look anyways, and ended up finding some quite similar. Both men ensured us that the one we picked was a level 4 but when we got home we soon realized that it was WAY TOO SOFT to be a 4! I honestly believe they sold us the wrong one because we did not buy newer model.

My husband is a cop and suffers from lower back issues due to the weight of his duty belt, so he was excited to get a new mattress but unfortunately we are right back at square one. The bed is not firm enough and we a sinking through it. Being dishonest to get a sale and close a deal is not okay when the customer is worse off now than when they originally walked through the door. We are extremely sad upset with our purchase!!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Brittany- We apologize you are not satisfied with your mattress purchase. We do not believe our Sales Team would purposely sale you a mattress that did not fit your needs. If you can please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we will see what we do to assist. Thank you for your business.

Original review: March 25, 2019

We purchased an Ashley sectional sofa on March 9. We were told when we purchased the items that the only item not in stock was the wedge piece for the 6 piece sectional. The sales rep informed us that the wedge had already been ordered and was in transit to them and would arrive the next week (March 10-16). We set the delivery and set up date as March 26 to allow the stock to be put into inventory before shipping to us. We live out of the area and they only deliver to our area on Tuesdays. Our sales rep informed us that if the wedge piece did in fact arrive on time that the delivery date could be moved earlier to either the 12 or 19 of March and to call the number in our packet to inquire about the process. We were very pleased at this moment and thanked the sales rep and awaited our purchase to arrive.

I decided to follow our sales reps advice and called to check on the status of our order on March 16. I asked if the inventory had been received and if the date of delivery could be improved up on. The lady at customer service informed me that the wedge piece shows to be on the truck and the truck is on the dock to be unloaded. She stated that when the truck was unloaded that Mathis would be giving me a call and the date of delivery could be improved. I thought this was great news and was anxiously awaited their call. This call never arrived, so I decided to call our sales rep on March 18. He informed me that the wedge piece was still not in stock, but was in transit and that we will have to remain on the delivery date of 03/26. I said this is fine as we were only trying to improve upon a promise date and would remain with the original plan.

I then let the week go by and decided to call to inquire that we were still on task to get our furniture delivered to us tomorrow the 03/26/19. I was informed today that we are missing 2 recliner pieces. I find this is unsatisfactory!! We were told at the time of purchase that the only thing not in stock was the wedge and now the wedge is in stock, but not 2 recliner pieces. He proceeds to tell me now that the pieces that are not in stock will arrive the first week in April, however we will not be able to be delivered to us until the 2nd to 3rd week of April. They certainly didn't waste any time cashing our check, but failed to uphold their end of a sale.

We have been waiting for nearly a month for our furniture and still has not been delivered. Nor have I been contacted about any delays to our original promise delivery date. I feel that the lack of communication and lack of professionalism on Mathis Brothers part is appalling. I really doubt that I will buying any furniture from them in the future.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Chris- We apologize that your furniture did not arrive within the time frame originally provided and for our lack of follow up. Unfortunately, these dates are given to us by the manufacturer and are out of our control if they are changed. If you can please send us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we will be sure to update you once everything arrives in stock. Thank you for your business.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Extremely upset with Mathis Brothers and will never buy from them again after spending several thousand dollars here. DO NOT buy their furniture protection plan. It is as worthless as their customer service. They will not cover a leather sofa and chair that is peeling and discoloring badly. Basically sold me a crap quality sofa and now they will not cover it. I spoke to some rude woman by the name of Deborah in customer service very rude and unhelpful. When they sell you the plan and the furniture they promise it covers everything. When it comes down to filing a claim it’s a different story.

Currently waiting for a manager to call me back although Deborah the rude person in customer service told me, “They aren’t going to help you. They are going to tell you the same thing I am.” The tech that inspected my furniture wrote discoloration in the report. They are saying they do not cover discoloring. The leather is peeling off. It’s not just discoloring. The contract clearly states peeling, cracking is covered. They need to stop trying to get off of covering this and step up and do the right thing.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Rick- We apologize about the issues you are having with your furniture and for your recent denial with Furniture Protection. We have your information and will reach out to our Management Team to see if there is any way we can assist you. Thank you for your business.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Purchased a new mattress and box spring from Mathis sleep center in Midwest city, OK. The salesman said he had been selling mattresses for 20 yrs. I wanted to stay with a good name brand because I had purchased a Lady Americana from Mathis several years ago and hated the product. We selected a Sealy and choose the firm one because it seemed just right in the store. Well it was like laying on concrete when it arrived. We called the salesman and he told us to jump up and down on it several times a day to break it in... He even told me they had a guy that all he was do that for the store... Is that the craziest thing? Anyway we had to wait 30 days to exchange it and of course had to pay another $200, so it cost us $2000 for the mattress. Whatever happened to customer service and companies that actually care about their customers... not at Mathis Brothers.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Pat- We apologize you were not satisfied with your mattress purchase. Brand new mattresses will rarely feel like our showroom models because those are broken in. The sales rep encouraged you to jump on the mattresses to help break it in faster. Once a mattress is unpackaged, slept on and returned the value is severely diminished. The $200 processing fee is industry standard for mattress returns and exchanges. Please email us if you have any questions.

Original review: March 7, 2019

We went to the Mathis Bros outlet on 2-15-19 and bought 4k worth of stuff. It was go until Bailey our sofa salesman informed me my recliner was out of stock but that I would get by the following Thursday. So Thursday came and I had to call later in day and figure out why my recliner hadn't been delivered. He made some excuse about his manager not getting it on transfer truck in time. So I called Steve his manager at store because Bailey said he was off that day. Talked to Steve and he said that my salesman should of told me that it can take up to 2 weeks for transfers. Well of course I was not informed of that. I did ask for the power version and he told me that it would be $100 more but he could throw in a $50 gift card.

I decided to wait for the original one and he said it would be to me on following Thursday. So Thursday came and of course I got no call and so I had to call up there myself to ask for Steve again. He finally got on phone and said, "Yes it's here and will be delivered on Sunday." I was so mad because he was so calm like it didn't matter to him that he was going to make me wait even more time for my recliner. Not once did he offer to take at least the delivery fee or just offer anything for their mistake. I just hung up and waited for my recliner to get here Sunday 2 plus weeks later. Won't ever go to the Outlet again and that sucks because we shop with Mathis a lot. Order # **.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Paul- We apologize about the longer than expected wait time it took to receive your furniture. Once your furniture does arrive on transfer, it needs to be added into inventory and then added to the next available date for delivery, which would have been Sunday. We will be sending you another $50 gift card to equal your delivery amount paid. If there is anything else we can do for you please email us. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I bought a mattress on 6/20/18 from Mathis Sleep Center from a sales associate. We had bought mattresses from this company prior with no problems. We asked about the return policy and the salesman said just call us and we will take care of it. Well this past Thursday the Feb 21, 2019 I noticed a spring popping out the side of my mattress when it hit my leg as I was leaning on my bed. I called Mathis Sleep Center and spoke to Hailey, from bedding services. I told them what happened and they emailed me all this warranty stuff. I have back issues and they want me to photo the mattress, box spring, and frame. I called them back and told them I have back issues, and I can't physically move these items for your photos. I can photo the damaged area, and the top. I asked why they don't come out and look at the mattress like in the past and they said their policy changed.

I called Visa, Saturday, and they said, "Call the merchant." I did and had to call back Monday to talk to the bedding services manager. The store manager won't help me. I called back Monday and they said that is their policy and there isn't a way around it. I called Visa, who contacted the merchant on my behalf, the merchant wouldn't let them speak to the manager. Visa can't dispute the charge because it's too old. I am dissatisfied with this resolution and I am left with defective merchandise, and out $315.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response
    Angela - We are sorry to hear you are having an issue with your sofa.

I have located your account, but we were not able to collect your contact information. If you could please send us your address and phone number, we will look into this and will see what we can do to help. We can be contacted through email. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I would give 0 stars if I could. They have a terrible return policy, which means they don't really have one. The salespeople were condescending/flippant about us not being happy with our purchase and customer service was no better. The mattress we tried out in the store feels different than the one we got (it's less comfortable, softer). Neither my wife and I like it and all they offer is an exchange, but you have to pay for pickup/delivery and a 10% restocking fee. We came back less than a week after we got the mattress. We even offered to pay for the 10% restocking fee and for pickup and take a partial refund and they wouldn't help. So not only are we stuck with an uncomfortable mattress, which is even worse for my wife because she is pregnant, but it would cost more money/time to get another one from Mathis Brothers. Also, there is no opportunity for us to get any sort of refund, which almost every other mattress company offers.

The entire experience has been awful. I regret buying this mattress and I now regret buying rugs from them as well. I will never shop at a Mathis Brothers again and I urge everyone else to not shop there as well. After asking around, I've heard multiple bad buying experiences from people about them. I wish I would have done more research on their reviews before walking in the door.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Nick - We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your current mattress. One of the benefits of being a Mathis Platinum Rewards member is that you can exchange your mattress. We have one of the largest selections of mattresses in the state. We do charge a restocking fee and delivery fee which are pretty standard. We have sent you a direct message with other details and options. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Visit #1. In preparation for the arrival of this new furniture, we sold our old bed, dresser, and mirror. The day arrives for the movers to bring our product and they inform us that the mirror was sent broken by the manufacturer. They go on to set up the bed and dresser for us, so we think. When my husband goes up to check their work after they had left. He found that the dresser handles are still installed inside the drawers. They also did not give us the domes that go over the lights on the headboard of the bed. He found that the lamps flicker on and off when turned on instead of giving a steady stream of light. Not a huge deal but it sucked that we had to keep our clothes on the floor until they could make it back out on the date they plan to deliver the mirror. We spoke to customer service and they assured us everything will be corrected after the second visit.

Visit #2. They bring us the mirror and install the handles of the dresser correctly, great! However, they didn't bring the domes for lamps and said there is nothing they can do about the lights flickering. They left. I again called customer service. They told us they ORDERED the domes for us (not what they told us the first time). I inform them about the lights flickering and they said they will have to order a new headboard for us. Not in stock. We spend 4 hours picking the perfect bed only to be send a partially working one. We told customer service that we just want to return everything. They give us the run around for a few minutes saying the return needs to be approved by a manager that won't be in until Saturday, this is THURSDAY. We eventually get it to where they agree that they will pick up our furniture early Saturday. Cool.

Visit #3. They come and break down the furniture to take it away. Uneventful, except they left a pile of hardware in my home after they left. I called customer service to let them know about it. The lady on the phone is telling me that she cannot close my ticket and get my refund until they come back FOR THE FOURTH TIME and get the hardware that they left. Now, I have to go to work so I need to get this resolved ASAP. I have to argue with lady and ask to speak with manager to get this ticket closed. Visit #4. They still have to come get the hardware so hopefully this is the end of this mess.

Now my husband and I are sitting here with our mattress on the ground, out $100, a lot of time, and our TV is on the floor as well as our clothes that should be in a dresser. We would like to have new furniture in our bedroom, so we keep trying. We spoke to a manager on the phone and she assured us that she has a bed with headlamps attached that have never been in another home available. We throw a Hail Mary and try again.

Visit #5. They deliver the furniture set. A whole lamp was nonfunctioning this time! Again, called customer service and told them yet again, defective/incomplete product was sent to our home. The lady apologized and gave us a $100 credit, sweet. After that she told us that it’ll 2-4 weeks for us to find WHEN a new lamp will be available from the manufacturer. I asked what the return policy was “7 business days”. Hell no! Sent the bed back again for the second time. Visit #6. We decided to keep the dresser for the sole reason of just being freaking tired of keeping our clothes on the floor... The guys get the bed, uneventful.

Fast forward 10 days. The refund for the bed still hasn’t hit our account. I call customer service to find out why. The lady tells me to grab my card and read her the number and she will give the refund. I asked “does this refund not happen automatically?” She said “no.” I asked “well then why didn’t I get a phone call to get my money back?” Her: *silence* “I’m sorry, I’m not familiar with your situation”. So essentially, if I hadn’t been keeping an eagle eyed watch on my account they totally would have just ripped us off. I kept a coworker up on this horrid saga and she told me HER Mathis Brothers horror story. It’s over, I’m done! Thank the lord!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Miranda- We sincerely apologize about the multiple issues you experienced with this purchase. This is not the typical customer experience and are sorry you were put in this situation. If you can please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we'd like to get with everyone involved with your order.

Thank You.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I purchased a bedroom set on November 23rd for my new home and was told specifically that it was not on backorder and I could have it all delivered on 12/26/18 after my new home closed escrow. In early December I received a call from the salesperson telling me that part of the bedroom set would be delivered and that 1 nightstand and the dresser was on backorder and wouldn’t be delivered until sometime in February. February! Unacceptable! I have called the store on 3 different occasions to speak with a manager and was dismissed being told that I would receive a call back right away. I still have not received a call from Mathis Bros. Mathis Bros lied to me to get the sale and refuses to address the issue. I will never buy from them again. I have been in my new home since 12/26/18 and I have no dresser to put my clothes in, we're still living out of boxes.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Julia - We apologize for the issues with your dresser and the lack of communication. We would like to look into this and see what we can do. Could you please send us your customer number and/or phone number on your account? Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We bought a new mattress and were asked if we wanted a mattress protector. We declined since we had a fully serviceable cover from a previous Mathis mattress purchase. I emailed Mathis because the mattress was depressed. They said we didn't have a warranty other than manufacturer because we didn't buy the cover and the mattress was less than $1000. This is our last purchase from Mathis Brothers, they have gotten too huge to bother with consumer relations and there are many other furniture stores in Oklahoma City that need my business more than MB.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response
    John - You do have the manufacturer warranty on your mattress. It's the Rest Assured program that you chose not to purchase. This program is an add-on, and allows a customer to reselect a mattress if they are not happy with it after 30 days. This policy has been around for many years. You receive a mattress protector when you sign up for the program. It sounds like you had it on your previous purchase.

If you are noticing some dips in your mattress, the manufacturer's warranty would cover it.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Purchased expensive leather couch and loveseat about four years ago, recently the finish began to peel. I wasn’t worried, however, because I had purchased the Furniture Protection Plan. I complied with the claim submission process only to immediately receive a notice that my claim was being denied because “discoloring" isn’t covered. I argued that it was peeling so Sylvia ** then offered to dispatch a technician to inspect. The date then changed several times in an obvious attempt to avoid the appointment and any chance to escalate the claim.

When the tech finally showed about a month later, he agreed that the finish had peeled and recommended several pieces be replaced. The next day I received an email stating that my claim was being denied because “discoloring" isn’t covered. I believe the behavior of the person handling claims indicates a policy of claim denial and that the FPP is a deliberate fraud. Don’t buy furniture from these folks and certainly don’t believe their fraudulent offer to “protect your investment."

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Robert - We are sorry to hear you are having issues with your sofa and loveseat. FPP does cover peeling, but unfortunately, they do not cover color loss. If you could send us your customer number and/or phone number on your account, we'd be happy to look into this. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Purchased a Lady Americana mattress at MBF OKC Store. It was two weeks before it was slept on due to moving into the new house where it was delivered. The first night sleeping on it the mattress border was weak and defective. Called Mathis Brothers and refused to allow us to exchange it. We submitted the required documentation to the warranty department and was informed that there was not an indention greater than 1.5 inches so the warranty claim was refused. We explained the mattress border was weak and ineffective from delivery and we were told that was too bad and there was nothing that could be done. The customer service rep in the mattress department was extremely rude (Nicole **) and mocked our efforts to get a resolution. We even called our sales rep Andrew, the day it was discovered right after purchasing and he was very kind and tried to help us.

Andrew is a great sales rep and we have requested him for multiple purchase. However, Nicole ** continued to be very rude indicating that we never contacted Mathis Brothers in a timely manner because she had no record of it even though we have records of emails and phone calls. Once we produced those emails to prove we called for assistance she continued to be disrespectful almost as making fun of us for even trying to get some kind of resolution. The sad part is the manufacturer's defect is so bad that we nearly fall out of bed when sleeping near that side of the mattress.

We have been customers of Mathis Brothers for over 13 years, spent thousands and thousands of dollars and have never had such an unfortunate experience with customer service. We always fill out the surveys after purchasing and give raving and great reviews and feedback. It’s apparent being a loyal customer means nothing in the grand scheme. Needless to say, we will not be shopping there in the future.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I have ordered the Cocktail Table online on 11/24/18. I received the call from Mathis Brothers next day for the confirmation and told me that the table will be shipped to my home from merchandise within 2 weeks. I have waited for 2 weeks and no delivery. I have called the toll free and they have connected me to the person who process my order and I was informed that the item was back order and that is the reason for the delay. When I asked for the tracking information they mentioned they don't have it!

I waited for 2 more weeks (it's almost a month I placed the order) and contacted the same person and asked for the status. On the next day I received the call and found that the merchandise can't ship it to my home due to the product weight. So I asked that I'm receiving heavier items than the table and I'm not convince with the answer. I'm dealing with "Internet Sales Manager" on this matter now! I realized that Mathis Brothers is not the place to shop the furniture online.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Mehul - We truly apologize for the confusion. The table that ordered is shipped directly from the manufacturer. We were never told it was too heavy to direct ship. We have canceled the order and refunded the money. Again, we apologize for the confusion and now have a weight limit on these type of purchases from this manufacturer.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I purchased a bed frame, mattress, and adjustable bed frame this past Saturday. My experience with Brittany (who helped us with the bed frame) was amazing. She was very friendly and helpful. We also dealt with Zach who sold us the mattress and adjustable base. However, after getting the all of it home (I live in Chickasha) and put together we had nothing but a nightmare from that point on. I was told by Zach (while I was in the store) that I needed to make sure and leave one set of legs on the base.

When we put the base on the bed (that evening) it was too heavy and busted the "bunkie boards". My husband and I then took the adjustable base off the frame and put the mattress on top of the busted bunkie boards and went to bed. I called Brittany on Sunday (the next day) and wanted to double check that we were supposed to leave a set of legs on. She said that we were supposed to take all the legs off. I told her that Zach had told me in the store to leave on a set of legs. She said she was going to ask Zach and would call me back. When she called back, she said Zach stated that we did need to leave one set of legs on. We did that and set the adjustable base on the bed frame and busted the bunkie boards (even more). I took pictures of the adjustable base on the bed, along with the busted bunkie board.

My dad went to the store on Christmas Eve for me since I had to work. He showed the pictures to Zach and a manager and they informed him it didn't look right and that they would look into it and call him back. At 2:30 my dad called to see if they had figured anything out. He was told by Rhett ** that Zach never said to leave a set of legs on. I talked to Rhett and he said that Zach never said to leave a set of legs on and I said "Yes, he did, he told me that while I was in the store. I even called Brittany yesterday and she asked him, and he told her to leave a set on". Rhett informed me that he didn't believe that Zach said that, and that Zach wouldn't have said that. I told him that I don't appreciate being called a liar. Things got very heated and we told Rhett we were coming to the store.

When we arrived and contacted Rhett, he told us that Zach didn't say to leave any legs on the bed and he (Zach) even called the company that made the adjustable bases and they said to take all the legs off. I asked him if he talked to Brittany and he said she was off. I told him again that Zach had told her and I (at separate times) that we needed to leave one set of legs on. Rhett said that Zach told him we needed to take the legs off. I asked if it was a zero-clearance adjustable base and Rhett said Zach told him it was. I asked if he knew for sure and he said, "no but it was". We asked if he would take the legs off a floor model to show us that it zero clearance and he stated "No, he would not".

Rhett clearly stated it wasn't that he couldn't, it was that he would not. We tried to explain to him the bed frame that we bought (a platform bed with 6 drawers underneath) would not work with that adjustable bed frame unless it was a zero clearance, because it would hit the bed frame. Rhett again told us that he was told (by Zach) it was a zero-clearance adjustable bed frame and he would call them again. My husband asked Rhett to look underneath that adjustable frame because there was NO WAY it was a zero-clearance adjustable base. Rhett told him "he didn't need to look under there and that he already had looked under them before".

I called Brittany while I was in the store (having this problem with Rhett) and asked her if Zach had told her to leave one set of legs on? She said yes, that Rhett had already called her, and she told him the same thing. I told her that Zach was denying that, and we had already busted one set of bunkie boards. We asked Rhett about the pictures that Zach had of our bed and he claimed he never saw any. This tells me that his communication with Zach was not quite as good as he made it to be. At this point, Rhett gave us another set of bunkie boards. Again, they are busted due to the weight of the adjustable base. This whole experience with your store and Rhett has been a horrible experience!! I would NEVER in my life buy from Mathis Brothers again. I would like the store manager, not a sales manager, to contact me.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Shawna- We apologize about the issues you experienced setting up your bed and any miscommunication with our Sales Team. If you can please send us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we will assist any way we can. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

We bought a rocker recliner from Mathis Brothers along with a couple more pieces of furniture two years ago. After about a week or so my husband decided he didn't like the chair but we didn't know we could return it or replace it. After keeping it this long we gave it another try and started using it, and to our surprise the fabric started coming off, it's a vinyl material, so I called to ask what could be done and was told that they had this to happen before so by that I would say the chair was defective but all I was told was they would call and find out how much a casing would cost and they would call me back.

I feel like the store should pay for the casing and to have it put on the chair at no charge to us. The chair is like new, been sat in a couple of times. What I would like to see done is either they refund us half if not all of the price we paid for the chair or pay to have it covered. We have bought a lot of furniture from Mathis Brothers and have never had something like this to happen.

Resolution response: Dec. 11, 2018

The review is for Brothers Furniture, **. Brampton, ONTARIO. L6T 5B5. Canada. and not for Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores in US.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

They have extremely poor service. While booking they promise moon but once they get their money they make you run for everything. They tell you a delivery date and nobody calls to inform the time slot of delivery. You keep calling them and their standard answer is they will check with transport co and get back, which they NEVER. My stuff was delivered in batches though the money was taken upfront 6 weeks ago. Can you imagine - they have a voicemail which is not set up? You can’t leave a message and if they pick they have no info.

Store owner Varun ** will never come on phone as he is extremely busy. While booking they will suggest you to add other items and inform that it can be canceled within a week without a penalty. I cancelled the next day but for my refund I had to wait until delivery. Further Varun refused to pay back full amount saying the price given was a bundle discount which he cannot refund. So be aware. Don’t get into buying if in doubt. Fabric protection plan which I bought was provided after 2 weeks after regular follow-ups.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response
    Puneet - Can you please clarify where you bought your furniture? Our owners are the Mathis family, we don't have any locations in Canada and we do not have an employee named Varun.

Please email us with the phone number on your account and a customer number and we'll do what we can to help. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I bought a dining room set from Mathis Brothers approximately a year ago. It is the one that looks like wood planks on top but obviously is not wood planks. It is a veneer on top of a piece of plywood. Well at purchased time they sold me a warranty that extended coverage for 5 years. Well where the material is cut to make it look like boards is beginning to pop off, bubbling off the veneer, is not staying down. Call The Mathis Brothers. They told me that that falls under the one-year warranty and is not covered by the extended warranty. I wonder what is covered by the extended warranty. The salesman told me that it covered rips, tears, anything that would happen to my furniture. Obviously he was a Salesman. Obviously I should not purchase anything from Mathis Brothers ever again because they actually have true salesman working for them.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response
    Victor - We're sorry that you're having issues with your table. If there is a defect and it's within the manufacturer warranty period, then it would be handled through Customer Service. If the damage is not covered by the Manufacturer's warranty, it falls under the Furniture Protection Plan. Either way, you'd be covered.

Please send your customer number and/or phone number on your account, we'll get you to the correct Service office. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Sofa we bought was defective. The stitching came loose. The cores went flat. They ordered new cores which were too big. After numerous calls and speaking with approximately 10 people from customer service to store managers we were given a credit to pick out a different sofa, we did this and I called to check on it around 10 weeks later and they did not have a clue what I was talking about. They asked me to return to the store once again with proof. We did that showing them we had picked out another sofa and ordered material for it. As of today this still has not been resolved. I will not do business with Mathis Brothers. There is no trust left. They say they will call or have a manager call and I never hear from them.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Wanda- We apologize about the multiple issues you have experienced with this purchase. We understand your frustration and will get you the answers you need. If you can please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase to ConsumerAffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we will make sure you get a phone call today. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I purchased a sofa, bed, mattress, two bedside tables and a dresser eighteen days ago (11NOV18). I was told some of the items (bedside tables and dresser) would be on backorder but delivered the week of 26NOV18. No problem. I understand. On the evening of 26NOV18 my wife called and spoke with customer service. When they couldn't answer her questions they said she would need to talk to a sales manager and hung up on her. I called back and was actually able to speak with a sales manager.

After much back and forth he agreed to have bedside tables and dresser sent over from Tulsa store. I was told they would be delivered on 29NOV18. I called back on 29NOV18 to get an ETA. It took three calls to get through to someone (nobody returned my earlier messages). I was told they didn't even know if my items had arrived on the truck from Tulsa or not and even if they did it would be Sunday before they could deliver them to me because they needed 48 hours to schedule a delivery. Not sure how to explain that same day delivery sign I saw before or the same day delivery promise made on their website when the items are at the local store. Obviously I was not satisfied with this non answer and asked to speak with a sales manager. I was told one would contact me right away. I'm still waiting. I still have a couple more rooms in the new house to furnish. What are the chances I make more purchases from Mathis Brothers after this?

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Brad- We apologize you were not able to receive your furniture when promised and for the lack of communication from our staff. We understand your frustration and will make sure you get the answers you need today. Please email us at consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com with your sales order number or phone number associated with your account. We'll get on top of this. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I have owned a dual recliner for a few years. It's in great shape other than the tear. We happened to move it across town a few miles and another piece of furniture had slide between the cushion and console. I submit a claim and it's rejected because it doesn't cover transit damage. After reading through the protection plan, it's painfully obvious it won't cover anything. After reading review online of this protection plan it sounds like it's a legal way of ripping people off.

DON'T purchase the extra warranty coverage. Has anyone EVER had anything covered??? It's a shame that Mathis Brothers is part of the scam as well. Don't offer the program and teach your salesman to talk it up. You are at fault for promoting this crap.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Kelly- We apologize about the issues you are having with your sofa. The Furniture Protection Plan is an accidental plan that covers day-to-day issues that may happen to your furniture. They approve multiple claims daily and this plan is designed to help our customers protect their investment. We apologize that transit damage is not one of the covered items. If you ever have an issue in the future outlined in your Furniture Protection contract, please give us a call for assistance. Thank you.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores Company Information