Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores
2.11/5
Based on 38 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores

38 Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 30, 2018

We purchased over 1k bunk beds and had them delivered and assembled. They totally stripped out the beds screws. We cannot take them apart ever. If we do we will have to break the wood and rebuild and paint. Customer service said they could do anything. So disappointed in their character. Never ever will Mathis Brothers get out money again if they cannot back up mistakes their employees made.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Jenny- We apologize about the issues you are experiencing with your bunk bed. We will be sending you a direct message requesting your information to see if we can come to a better resolution for you. Thank you for your business.

Original review: June 28, 2018

On 05-15-2016 I bought a $1,000 wood kitchen table with 6 chairs. I bought the "Furniture Protection Plan" (FPP) for an additional $109.95 because I was told it would take care of scratches, stains, if my dogs chewed on the wood, etc. So after 2 years, I decided to sell the table because I am moving. I went to Mathis Brothers and they advised I needed to contact FPP to file a claim. I did and they emailed me the steps I needed to do to file a claim (pics, explanation, etc.). I did this and explained they were pretty much just scratches that had happened over the 2 years I had the table. I was told "With furniture protection we are only an accidental plan that assist with a SINGLE damage to the whole item. Once there is accumulation it becomes an exclusion to the plan." WHAT??? I replied asking if every time the table was scratched, was I supposed to file a claim??? It didn't remotely make sense to me.

I would not have paid over 10% of the purchase price if I knew this. I should NEVER have purchased this stupid FPP. I even asked for a refund of my $109.95 purchase price. The FPP replied, "...you purchased an accidental plan that assist with a single stain or damage to the whole item. Yes each incident is to be reported within 5 days of it occurring to avoid accumulation of damage. This information is on the contract." REALLY??? That's not what I was told and who reads the stupid fine print? Sorry I assumed it would take care of all of the scratches at once.

Anyways, they went on to say, "Also the office cannot provide a refund for the items not following within our guidelines. The customer has 7 days from when they purchased the plan to request a refund. Again I do apologize we are unable to assist with the item not falling within the guidelines of the plan you purchased." I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU PURCHASE THIS BS FURNITURE PROTECTION PLAN!!! IT'S SOOOOOOO NOT WORTH IT!!!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Jana- We apologize that you were not aware of this exclusion in the contract before purchasing our Furniture Protection Plan. We will be sending you a direct message requesting your information so we can look up your account to see if we can assist you. Thank you for your business.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 23, 2018

I had back surgery. I went to Sleep Center in OKC and spent over $700 on a mattress and was told I could replace it if I was not satisfied. They delivered a mattress totally different and so firm that I couldn't lay on it for more than 20 minutes and when I called them the next day to replace the mattress after talking to four different people who were giving me false and contradicting stories which took almost all day at the Sleep Center, I was told my mattress didn't qualify for replacement and the only way I could replace the mattress was to pay $199 extra for pick up and inspection and buy a mattress pad for $89.

I spent $700 on a mattress I can't sleep on because it bothers my back, but of course, they got the money and don't care. I will never go back there again. "Any salesperson can sell to anybody once, but a good salesperson gets repeat customers." Good luck with that. I am taking this to small claim court and call a local TV station to give them a piece of my mind.

Updated on 07/01/2018: Please save your "We apologize..." comment. It has been over two weeks and nobody has replied or resolved this issue I posted about. I still have a $700 mattress I can't sleep on due to my back problem from surgery that I purchased from them in cash. I called them the next day after delivery right after 10:00 am which is their opening time to let them know that they sent me the wrong mattress, but they won't replace it while I was told I could. They want a total of $199 for pick up and inspection and $89 for a mattress pad to replace the mattress. Other stores give you a trial period of up to 100 nights or more.

I commented on one of their Facebook ads on my page and after some back and forth comments they asked if I talked to the salesperson? (The salesperson never returned my call, or replied to my text or email.) SMH, according to them she is one of their top salespeople. Wow, don't wear yourself out. Thanks for the help and runaround!!! You guy are "Pros." I am going to buy another bed from a different store, but this time I look for a store that has salespeople and a management that know about "Decency" and "Back their products" and not the ones who just care about their bank accounts. See you in court! Please don't make a fake comment to protect your image. You wasted enough of my time.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello David- We apologize about the issues you are having with your mattress and the contradicting information you received. To better assist you, we will be sending a direct message requesting information so we can look up your account. Thank you for your business and we will be in touch soon.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Let me start-off by saying my Design Consultant, Tony **, is THE ONLY PERSON in this whole process that I feel did anything to help out the situation. Friday, June 8th, I called ahead, as instructed, for my pick-up. I called 2 hours in advance and still waited in bay #8 for 40 minutes. I am watching people come and go around me. I called 951-1407 and asked to speak to a Manager, 3 times I called and 3 times I was promised someone was coming down to talk with me… NEVER HAPPENED! I call Tony to relay how I did not like being lied to and would appreciate if he could have someone call me to remedy this situation.

Over an hour later and another call from me I finally got a call back. At this time the situation had gone from bad to worse, I had no hardware to put my desk together. Your supervisor that I spoke with, Brook may as well have been reading from a script, she had answer for everything… but it was the wrong answer. You have my money and I have nothing at my house that I can use, I wanted my hardware. She told me all drivers were booked until Tuesday, I got sick and tired of her party lines that I hung up and called back. This time I spoke with McKenzie (sp?) who at least tried to help. I told them I wanted it over-nighted to me and was told it was so late in the day I would not get it until Sunday… better than Tuesday but not what I wanted.

On Sunday a Mathis Bros truck shows up… if everything was booked until Tuesday how does this happen? That makes at least 4 times your personnel lied to me. I am not even going to go into their solution to make things right, if you really value your customers and want my return business someone will contact me. If I receive no correspondence (a phone call) I will assume you have all the customers you need and I will share my experience with everyone I know. Balls in your court, I have been waiting for a reply from your Customer Service Manager in Oklahoma City (Tim **) and yet to receive any kind of acknowledgement that they are even considering trying to make this right.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

DS- we apologize for the time you had to wait while picking up your furniture and for any miscommunication that occurred regarding your missing hardware. We are currently working to resolve this for you. In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to send us a private massage and let us know. Thank you.

Original review: May 29, 2018

So we bought from the outlet store. We have purchased there before without any issues until today. I will never buy another thing from them ever. I scheduled my delivery for tomorrow. I called to ask if it could be in the afternoon. They refused so I cancelled my order and on my way to get my refund. I know for a fact they can accommodate I was once a delivery person for them. Why is this a difficult issue. So I will just go somewhere else to buy what I need!!!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Lee- sorry to hear that we could not accommodate your request. If you send us your customer number and/or phone number, we can look further into this and see how we could possibly assist. You can email us at consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mathis Brothers Furniture?

Original review: May 26, 2018

I bought the outdoor furniture from Ashley Home Store, Memorial Road OKC. It is a branch of Mathis Brothers furniture. Date of purchase is 11/24/2017. Purchased items got delivered on or after 11/29/18. We did not touched the items because of weather. We opened it last month to keep these outside. In a very slow wind umbrella started moving and the rod hole in the table started breaking with aluminum pole. The plastic cap did not help. And suddenly the pole bend from the hole of the table and broke apart. I moved away from it due to safety.

Later with the friend help I took it away. Umbrella gone, pole gone. Base and part of pole attached to base still there. But table got big hole which cannot hold even new umbrella with new pole. Why Am I writing this review? The sales person told me every things are made of aluminum, but not. From table hole some kind of powder is falling apart. I went store and they gave me a call #. I called that number and got answer that file a complain with photograph on a four lines email. Who has time to do all this. I am not very happy with store.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Anil- we're sorry to hear that your table has sustained damage and for any inconvenience this has caused you. We are currently looking into this further to see how we can best assist you. In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know at consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Went to Mathis Brothers Furniture 5/22/18 to get new mattress and decided to look at new entertainment center. Gavin our salesman was really good at helping us. We paid for our items and went to the warehouse to pick up what we purchased. I was a bit confused that they would load the light stuff on the bottom and the heavy entertainment center on the top. While they was loading the stuff one guy shoved the entertainment center into my sliding back glass and shattered the glass. I turned around and all the load out hands were standing there and one says what's his problem.

I informed the ** that they shattered my back glass and he just laughed it off. Was told I would get a complaint for the damage by someone I assumed was a manager. They never came back with a form and then another guy said that I would be contacted to get it repaired. No one ever took my information and when I asked about the form everyone just walked away. I own a diesel repair business and if something happens due to negligence or stupidity we take care of the situation promptly and if our employee laughs about the mistake I'd fire them.

I will more than likely find another place to get furniture. I have in the past bought many of pieces for our home and still have more to buy but refuse to deal with the warehouse and the delivery dates that Mathis Brothers has, after all when you purchase furnishing for your home you want to enjoy them after you purchase them not 2 to 3 weeks later otherwise I would have had paid the $150.00 and had the stuff delivered. I have already ordered my window and called the tint shop to get my truck back to where it was before they busted my window. I don't like conflict and sure don't put up with irresponsible employees. People who represent your company should be held to the same standard as the owners.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Kevin- We apologize about the damage done to your vehicle and for the lack of follow up from our Loading Team. We have sent this review to the Warehouse Manager to make sure we make this situation right. We will be in contact with you soon. Thank you for your business.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I am usually very happy with Mathis Brothers. I have bought several pieces from them throughout the years and several pieces within the last few weeks. I have purchased new and clearance items as well as from as is. Yesterday I found a sofa in the clearance area that was exactly what I had on order, but in a sofa. Brook was very helpful in helping canceling the order and giving me credit towards the clearance sofa. After visual inspection there was some wear and scuffs on the sofa, that I was aware of. However when I got the sofa home on closer inspection found food crumbs, dirt and pet hair in between the couch cushions. I'm starting to think I didn't get a clearance as-is sofa, but a used return item. Not happy about this purchase.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Craig- we apologize for the condition of your sofa and are sorry if you feel that it was not tagged properly. We are currently looking into this to see what can be done to assist. In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know at consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you.

Original review: May 14, 2018

The store located in Ontario has good prices and the personnel is very nice and friendly but the delivery is ridiculous. I bought a set of sofas on April 29 and I will receive them on May 10 and I still waiting!!!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Patricia- We apologize you are still waiting to receive your furniture delivery. We will be sending you a direct message requesting your personal information so we can look up your account and see how we can assist. We appreciate your business.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I purchased a lane recliner at Mathis Bros. in Tulsa on 4/22, using the Synchrony credit that I had been approved for. The recliner was delivered on 4/27 and broke the 1st day. I told the Customer Rep who called me about the delivery that evening. She was supposed to have someone get in touch with me. I called back on Sunday 4/29 after not hearing from anyone and had to leave a message. Finally Sunday afternoon my call was returned and I was told that I would have to wait until next Thursday to get any satisfaction. So, now I have to take another day off work, not to mention that I still don't have a functional recliner in which I have paid for. So far, not very impressed with Mathis Brothers!!!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Brad- we're sorry to hear that your new recliner isn't working properly and we apologize for the lack of follow-up. We would like to assist you with this and get it resolved ASAP. If you would, please send us a private message with your customer number and/or phone number so that we can pull up your account. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Original review: April 22, 2018

We bought an electric rocker recliner that was on the floor. It had been reduced. While sitting in the recliner I asked the salesperson (Shannon) about the warranty. She took out her little book and said it had full warranty. She even called her supervisor and she confirmed he said it had full warranty. We bought the chair and picked it up. We got home and set it up. I noticed that when reclining it had a jerky motion and was also present when the chair was returned to rocker. I called MB and they told me I had to contact Lane. I have called Lane several times a day at all hours and have left messages none of which have been returned. I even called other Departments and you can’t even leave a message.

I contacted MB again and they told me that it was an “as is” piece and I was responsible for repairs since it had been so drastically reduced. They did say they would send a repair person to my home but I would be responsible for the cost. I then contacted my bank and filed a dispute about the whole process. I then went to the store in Tulsa where the chair was purchased and talked with a customer service rep. He stated I could bring in the chair and that if they had the parts they would repair it for no cost but if parts had to be ordered I would be responsible for the entire cost. They also said they would come pick up the chair and do the same. I asked why they offered me that a repair person would come to my house but I was responsible for the cost but they wouldn’t send out a repair person and they take care of cost.

Once again I was told they were doing me a favor because the chair was “as is” and heavily reduced price. There were no tags on the chair that said it was “as is”. I then told the rep that I had filed a dispute with my bank and another customer service rep immediately came to the counter and told me they would Credit my account. I told them I wanted the chair fixed not my money back. He reiterated that my money would not be returned but a credit was being issued to my account.

He scheduled a pick up for the chair on Saturday April 14 and employees showed up to pick up the chair but no papers showing credit to my account. I would really liked the chair fixed not my money back. Both customer service reps were rude and failed to help me. Once they learned a dispute was filed they became very rude. They wanted the chair back immediately but was not willing to give my money back only to credit my account so I could purchase something else. I don’t want to shop at Mathis Brothers ever again. I can see now why the Customer Service area is glass enclosed as they don't want any of the on floor customers to hear that they won’t honor what a customer is told.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Kenny- We apologize about the issues you are having with your recliner and the lack of follow up from Lane. We understand your frustration with Customer Service and the situation in general and want to get this resolved. We will be sending you a direct message requesting your account information so we can better assist you. We appreciate your business.

Resolution response: June 3, 2018

The company resolved this issue almost immediately, when posted here.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I have selected unsubscribe from receiving email from you several times, but as you surely know, that does nothing. I tried contacting consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, but of course you won't accept an email from me. I have no qualms with products I have purchased from Mathis Brothers Furniture in OKC. My wife and I occasionally enjoy shopping there and have made many purchases, all of which we still enjoy.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Bill- We apologize that the unsubscribe function is not working for your email. We will be sending you a direct message asking for the email(s) you would like us to unsubscribe. We thank you for your continued business.

Original review: April 20, 2018

In August we bought 2 curio cabinets from the ART collection. Together it was a little more than $5500 dollars. They’re beautiful and unusual because they have a lighted chandelier inside. We were not told assembly was not included but assumed it was. It was delivered and the guys put the cabinets where I wanted and started to leave. My husband asked them if they weren’t going to put in the chandelier. The guy said it wasn’t his job but he did it anyway. But left all the packaging on the floor. Then we realized they had not put the shelves in. Fairly heavy glass shelves. I called our sales person, sent pictures and told him what happened.

I talked to someone in management and they said they didn’t have insurance to cover the glass if it was broken if they put it in. She said she would send them back out but I told her not to. I was afraid they would come with an attitude and make things worse. I didn’t want to take the chance. My husband and I are almost 70 and it’s hard for us to lift things like that. Fortunately our kids were in town and were able to help us. When you spend that much money on furniture and from a supposedly reputable company (not online ordering) you expect complete delivery and set up. And all trash to be removed. This is only one of the times customer service has been totally lacking. It’s enough for me. Won’t be coming back.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Loretta, we apologize about the issues you experienced with your delivery. If you could please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with your account to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we will look into this further and make sure we address with the delivery personnel. We appreciate your business.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Well March 2 2018 was probably one of my worst experiences I ever encountered. We ordered a dining room set from Mathis Brothers Ontario store that was on back order so sorry. April 2 went to pick it up. Mind you I live in OC Ca a good hours drive. Entered the store with my deposit receipt. Proceeded to pay the balance of 1,150. Put it on my American Express. Sign for it. They told me to go to will call to pick it up. Proceeded to will call. Seem like forever waiting. No sooner did I get out of my truck I was surrounded by Ontario police and get this they had a helicopter in response right above me. Wouldn’t let me move. Didn’t know what was happening. Apparently Mathis Brothers thought I was using a stolen credit card after the card went through signed. They got their money. They called the police on me and they ran my name.

I had a warrant and off to jail I went. Oh and by the way the card turned out to be mine. No ** Dick Tracy. Can you believe that? Still waiting from a call from corporate and the kicker the manager claims he had no idea what was happening but he was standing at the receiving dock with the lady whom took my transaction. Never buy anything from Mathis Brothers. I was so humiliated, embarrassed and full of anger. What do you think about that? They are pathetic. Thank you for giving me this time to tell you.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Paul- We apologize about this situation and understand your frustration. Our management team is taking this seriously and is continuing to look into your situation. We will be in contact with you soon. Thank you.

Original review: March 29, 2018

We bought a 3K adjustable bed from Mathis Bros in Aug. We have bought all our furniture from them. The bed was delivered, and the delivery guys seemed to struggle putting the adjustable frame together. They kept referencing the instructions, and just seemed inexperienced in putting these together. When they finished, they handed me a box of what they said was “spare parts”. Fast forward to February, the foot part of our bed stopped adjusting. My husband got under the bed, and we finally figured out what happened. The 2 pieces of the frame had separated, and in the process, ripped out the wiring to the foot part. We went over the instructions, and realized the men who put our bed together, had never put in the bolts that hold the frame together!

I’ve called Mathis Bros. multiple times, they keep saying they’ll call. Nobody ever calls. Nobody knows what to do. They transfer me to answering machines. It’s ridiculous. Then today I got aggravated with the customer service rep, and she tells me it’s Serta’s problem. How is it Serta's problem that your guys didn’t know what they were doing? We’re just about to move into a new house, and we're planning to buy new bedroom sets for our 4 kids. I had planned to go to Mathis Bros. But definitely not now.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Amber- We apologize about the issues you are having with your adjustable base. We would like to look into this further to see if we can get you assisted. If you could please email your sales order number or phone number associated with your account to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we will review your issue. We appreciate your business.

Original review: March 25, 2018

We are long time customers of Mathis Brothers in OKC but will probably never shop there again. We were looking for a leather sofa and had it narrowed down to 2. One was approximately $600 and the other was over $1300. The salesperson explained that the difference was this: the less expensive sofa was NOT real leather and would last maybe 5 years while the more expensive sofa WAS REAL LEATHER and would last 10-15 years. We’ve had the sofa now for just long enough for it to be out of warranty and the “leather” has started to peel (we’ve since discovered NOT real leather after all) and the peeling gets worse every day. We’ve contacted our salesman, Rhett, and we’ve been told that since it’s out of warranty there’s nothing he can do. We’re not asking for our money back just another sofa of like kind quality. Very disappointing experience and we will shop elsewhere in the future.

Updated on 04/17/2018: Thank you for responding to my review. However, I have sent you my name and email/phone number now multiple times but have had no response from you. Please contact us regarding what can be done to remedy our situation (couch is not leather as advertised and is peeling after less than 24 months).

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Donnita. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your sofa. We would like to assist you with this in any way that we can and try to clear things up. If you would, please send us your customer number and/or phone number so we can pull up your information. You can send us a private message or an email to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Do NOT* NOT* NOT* NOT shop at the OKC Mathis Brothers Furniture store! You WILL REGRET IT!!! They promise you the moon and the stars, but you receive nothing but an empty wallet... We purchased $3,500 worth of furniture... Two days later they called and said they made a mistake and needed more money. Seven days later they called again and said they made a mistake and again needed more money. The problem is, when you purchase the furniture you sign a contract that 40% is non-refundable so you can't NOT say you don't want the furniture when you have a problem down the road, or you will lose the 40% that you have already spent. So, it's either pay the extra money or lost the 40%! Yeah, like we said... Do NOT* NOT* NOT* NOT shop at the OKC Mathis Brothers Furniture store! You WILL REGRET IT!!!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Tracee- We apologize about the pricing issues you encountered on your purchase. All money owed to complete your purchase should have been handled while in store and we apologize this did not happen. This has been forwarded to the Store Manager to review. They will be in contact with you soon if not already to assist. Thank you for your business.

Original review: March 15, 2018

We ordered our furniture about 1 month back. The salesman was super good (as they should be). Our furniture was on backorder. When it arrived in store, I received an email. Walked in the store, talked with the customer service about the 24 month no interest option I was offered when we ordered the furniture. She was clueless on how it works as it is managed by some third party. She was even rude and won't provide any details. Ultimately, I ended up making a lumpsum payment. I requested delivery time any day after noon. She scheduled me after two days and mentioned that the delivery team will get in touch with me with exact delivery time.

As soon as I left the store, I got a call from the delivery guy telling me that the furniture will be delivered tomorrow. I said is it tomorrow or in Thursday (2 days later)? He said, "Oh sorry it is on Thursday." I mentioned him at that time that we wanted delivery after noon, as morning times are not good for us. He said, I should expect a phone call/text message within 24 hours of our delivery.

Next day, I got an automated text message saying my furniture will be delivered between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm. I called the number provide and informed that 11:00 will not work for us... Anytime after noon is fine. I was told OK. Next day morning (day of delivery), the driver called me at 10:00 and said that we are on our way... I said I cannot accept it before noon. He was extremely rude and said either it is in next 45 mins or you will have to wait another 10 days as they have already scheduled their deliveries 10 days out. Overall, the salespeople are good in selling you stuff, but rest of the staff (customer service and delivery guys) are just trying to get you off...not helpful at all! Very poor customer service. I am so glad I did not took their extended warranty offer, which I was leaning towards.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Ashish- we apologize for the poor service you received with having your delivery scheduled. We will be sure that this is addressed in our service and deliveries departments. We are currently working to resolve this for you. In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know at consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you.

Original review: March 15, 2018

We purchased a sofa and loveseat with the furniture protection plan. When things started to go wrong with my furniture cracking, peeling, tearing nothing was actually covered by the protection plan! They do not communicate that at all when selling you the $300 in false protection. Also when you call the store they say they will follow up and never do. I’ve been waiting and waiting for answers on warranty and how much a cord would be for my power recliner since it’s not covered either. Buyer beware and do not buy from Mathis!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Theresa. We're sorry to hear that you have been waiting for a response on warranty information. We would like to assist to resolve this as quickly as possible for you. If you would, please email us at consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com with your customer number and/or phone number so that we can pull up your account. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Original review: March 13, 2018

We purchased a table and chair set from Mathis Brothers. The sales rep we purchased from talked us into getting a furniture protection plan for an additional $125. He stated the plan would cover damage to the table and chairs such as scratches and breakage. We had a chair get scratched at Christmas from decoration on someone's pocket. When I filed a claim I was told that since the chair appeared to have additional scratches on the leg the claim was denied. Even though I was not making a claim on anything but the chair seat, multiple scratches voided my contract. When you call Mathis Brothers' customer service they tell you that the furniture protection plan is through another company. What they don't want to tell you is that company is also owned by Mathis Brothers. Save your money and don't buy from them.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Deb- we apologize for the issues you have experienced with submitting your claim. We are currently looking into this to try and resolve it for you. In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know at consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We bought a couch, loveseat and recliner. Four years later it looks like we've had it for twenty years. The cushions were flat after a year, of course they're only under warranty for one year. Recently we've had problems with the recliner, the frame mechanism, and springs. Mathis Brothers said Lane would have to take care of it. We called Lane. They said another company made the recliner and used their label, and that the company that made it went out of business so they didn't have to repair it. Mathis Brothers said that they couldn't repair it.

We then took it to a repair shop. They said they get a lot of furniture from Mathis and that their furniture was poorly made. They repaired the recliner for $478.00. We told them about the cushions on our loveseat and couch made by Broyhill. The repairman showed us the cushions that were in our furniture. He said they were the cheapest cushions that could have been used. We paid $279.00 for new cushions for the loveseat. Now we need to replace the cushions in the couch. I went to Mathis Brothers to tell them what I thought about the quality of their furniture. That I thought it was fraud that they sold furniture with Lane labels that weren't even made by Lane.

They said that furniture companies do that all the time. I told them about the cushions that they bragged about, how they showed us cushions that were taken apart and how they had these springs in them that made them better cushions. The repairman said the springs compress when you sit on them then they spring back. Over time they compress then don't spring back. I told Mathis that they were only as good as the furniture they sell and that doesn't say much. After just four years our furniture shouldn't look like we've had it for twenty. It's only me and my husband and I and we expected better quality. Their response was just that they were sorry but there was nothing they could do. I told them they should at least pay the repair bill on the Recliner.

Updated on 03/23/2018: I am tired of large companies taking customers money and selling poor quality products. They take advantage of their customers. I submitted a claim on 3-12-28 about buying a Lane recliner that I found out Lane didn’t even make and Broyhill couch and love seat made with the cheapest cushions made. The recliner broke and the cushions are flat. I’ve had them four years and it looks twenty. I went to the store. They said there was nothing they could do. I had to go to repair shop to get recliner fixed and new cushions. They told me they have to do a lot of repairs for Mathis Brothers.

I submitted a claim on 3-13-18. They responded on 3-12-28 telling me they were sorry and would look into it. They gave me an e-mail and told me to give them my customer number which has my phone number on it. I tried to e-mail but the address said I did not have authorization to use that address so I responded back on Consumer Affairs, giving them my customer number. It’s been two weeks with no response. As I told the floor and service department managers, they have not heard the last from me. I will do what I can to help them lose business. Apparently they thought they could pretend to care when they responded on Consumer Affairs. I have an attorney.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Debra- we hate to hear that the cushions on your furniture have been problematic for you. We would like to take a look further into this to see if there is anything more that we could possibly do to assist you with this. If you would, please send us your customer number and/or phone number so that we can pull your account up. You can send these via email to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Ordered a sectional couch for a new home I am buying days before I needed it delivered to my new house I just bought. I would just like to note that customer service has been very sub-par and not what you expect from a furniture store. I have been lied to the whole time during my experience and my delivery did not happen last night. First of all, I had to call customer service to update my address because I noticed they had my old address for my delivery and I know I gave them all the correct information when I ordered over the phone. Not only did I never receive a phone call from anyone, I had to contact them throughout the whole time. I was told the delivery drivers showed up, but they never called. When I called to find out why, they said they did not have my phone number. I was told by a supervisor that they would deliver by 9pm because my window was 3pm - 9pm.

I never once received a callback like the supervisor told me I would get a call back after she spoke to the driver. This company took my money and has had very bad customer service from the start. I usually don't make reviews online so you can tell this is bothering me. This is not how you run a business and this is why I am making a review. If I could give negative stars I would. I am supposed to receive a call from a manager today, but I am about to call customer service when they open and figure something out here or get my money back and support a better store.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Gary- we apologize for the lack of communication on gathering all pertinent information for your order. We have forwarded your comments accordingly and are currently looking into this to try to resolve it. In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know at consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

We purchased 2 La-Z-Boy Motorized Recliners from Mathis Bros. and the salesman talked us into the extended lifetime warranty on them. We were told that if they necessary they would be replaced. We barely had the one chair 2 years when the seat bottom had to be replaced. The wires are showing in the function cord, and two weeks ago the foot function quit working. The plastic part covering the metal bar that allows the footrest to move about broke in half. History: I am disabled, husband blind: they wanted us to get the ACK # off of the bottom of the footrest so we had to wait until our son came into town, that was 3 days, they weren't specific as to ACK when they told us what numbers so we just tried to get any that we thought looked right. Wrong, had to wait another 3 days to give them the ACK #'s.

A couple of days later Stacy called and requested a pic of the part be emailed to her. My son did so that day. Stacy called 4 days later and said she didn't receive the email. I gave her the info as to how it was sent and she was to look for it. She also advised me that the part would not be here for 4 to 6 weeks. Two days later (today) the Plastic part at the opposite end of that same metal rod broke while my husband was sitting there napping. I called Stacy, (at lunch) the serviceman said the 1st part was never ordered! I called the only person I knew to talk to, a Sales Manager. He informed me that there was no record of a Pic of the part ever being emailed to Stacy. But no one called me! Also, the Lifetime Warranty was not what we were told at the time of purchase: it was a fabric warranty, not mechanical. "We are just extending you a courtesy by covering the parts" per the sales manager.

On sale we paid $1299.00 per chair, plus warranty. The one chair is a lemon, I believe. My chair is just fine and I outweigh my husband by a lot. My husband is a blind Vietnam Vet and is waiting on heart surgery in Dallas. I told the service how important it was this chair was for his recovery and getting the part in a timely fashion. Yet no one bothered to follow thru on a simple part order. We were lied to at time of purchase and are being passed by now. I really don't appreciate this at all. Now I have to search from my chair for a matching recliner for my husband. We bought these chairs and several others pieces that same week but that is the last furniture we will ever purchase at Mathis Brothers. They are not honorable.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Connie- we apologize greatly for the issues you have experienced in submitting your warranty claim. We would like to look into this further and try to resolve it for you. If you would, please send us your customer number and/or phone number so that we can pull your account up. You can send this to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you for leaving feedback.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

We had met Aaron previously while looking around. I contacted him by phone and he helped me for a week getting the right furniture we needed for our home. He went above and beyond the normal customer service to help me over the phone.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I would like to start by saying days ago when I first started my sofa repair journey, all I wanted was to have it repaired. Now more than a week later after my initial contact to your customer service team I am severely disgruntled and would just like a refund. I initially bought my first sofa from your Ontario location as I was referred by a friend who could not say enough good things about your store and furniture quality. I made my selection and was initially pleased with my experience. My couch was beautiful and I received lots of compliments. I made my purchase in October 2016. By April my sofa had already broken, the support beam in the back had broken in two... I have no children and have relatively low couch usage so this was an extreme annoyance but I understand things happen.

I made my repair complaint and was told by Mathis Brothers customer service that a repair would be scheduled and completed in my home. The day the tech came to repair my sofa he literally just took the couch apart and made an assessment. He stated that after he made his report that it would then be decided if a repair would be made or that I would receive a replacement. It was decided that the couch would be replaced. When the tech was at my house he commented that the support beam wasn’t sturdy enough for the size of the sofa. Knowing this I felt like if I got the same sofa it would be a matter of time before it too was broken. I opted to pay even more and get a new sofa. I was told that I would need to return my original couch to the location before I could pick up my new couch.

Upon arriving at the store, couch in tow, I had some very confused customer service techs, apparently I shouldn’t have brought the couch back and that a delivery team should have brought the new couch out and made an exchange. This was not what was conveyed to me. I have had my new couch for 3 months and the seams are already ripping. I am beyond irritated at this point. I have expelled more energy than what is necessary on furniture. I tried emailing your customer service team in Ontario. I filled out the form on your website and asked to be contacted, when my email went unanswered. I eventually called and spoke with a Valerie who stated that she could help me but that their email was down but I could send one anyway. I sent two separate emails two separate days. Neither of those were received or answered either.

Today 10/20/2017 I called the store location once again to try and rectify this situation. I was met with aggression and hostility as well as a customer service rep. that kept cutting me off when I was trying to tell my story. Sometimes letting a customer vent is in your best interest. Sometimes a customer just wants to be heard. I was not heard. I was cut off and interrupted. I asked to speak with the manager and was told without an order number the manager would not speak with me without an order number. I asked to transfer anyway. Once I had the manager Michelle **, and she too started the conversation with hostility, she too cut me off and wouldn’t let me finish my sentences. She finally looked up my order based off my phone number as I asked the previous rep to do and said she would fill a repair request for me.

At this point I was obviously upset after spending days plus an additional 25 minutes on the phone with individuals not interested in helping me. I finally said I just wanted my money back and that the couch can be returned. She said that was not in their policy that after 7 days there is no longer a money back guarantee, and my only option is a repair or store credit. I told her I absolutely would not take store credit that I don’t feel like the furniture is of any kind of quality. She said that stuff happens with wear and tear and can’t control, and that there are many vendors with different levels of quality. I understand that there is differences of quality. That’s why I didn’t opt for the $500 Ashley couch and I went to Mathis and paid over $2000 for my sofa. Correct me if I am wrong but a good piece of furniture should last more than a year, and both pieces I have gotten haven’t lasted more than a few months.

At this point I completely understand your return policy as I feel your furniture is of substandard quality and will continue to break over and over. I told Michelle I wanted to speak with corporate and she said that it wouldn’t make a difference that they would just refer me back to her, and refused to give me their contact information. I also told her that at this point in my grievance I am not just upset about the poor quality in furniture that I am disappointed in the way I have been treated and that I at the very least deserve to be treated with dignity and respect when I call and I absolutely was not.

To this point in my experience I have had to make 4 trips to your store. I have taken 24 hours of no paid time off to deal with furniture mostly because I was given wrong information by your customer service team. I am now going to have to take off another 8 hours, making it a full 32 hours, for another repair to your product. Almost enough time to purchase a new piece of furniture. This is absurd. I understand that life happens as your manager rudely pointed out to me, but here I am going on almost a full week not paid because of your shootee product. I do not know anyone else who has had to put so much effort into furniture.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Purchased a power recliner including the furniture protection plan. The chair broke 2 weeks later. It took 2 weeks to get a repair person to come look at the chair and they didn't have any parts. Mathis Brothers said it will take another month to get the parts to fix the chair. I would consider their very slow service response and lack of parts for repairs before spending $100+ for a protection plan. It isn't worth the cost.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

On June 10, 2017 I purchased a bedroom set, dresser, mirror, chest, 2 nightstands and a bed. 90 days later the bed broke, I called customer service. I was told the bed was discontinued, go online and find a bed of equal or greater value because they would not be able to give me the difference. I called back and told them I did not find anything that would match my bedroom set, nor that I liked or could afford. I was told although the bed had a one year warranty my only other option was to receive store credit. I told them I don't need store credit. I NEED A BED...

If the bed has a one year warranty and you can't replace a broken bed, why can't I have my money back so I can buy what I want, where I want. The bed alone was $514.93. Their response if I can't find another bed that I like use the store credit and buy something else. I DON'T NEED SOMETHING ELSE... I NEED A BED... IT DOES HAVE A ONE YEAR WARRANTY!!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I went to their store July 3rd and purchased a La-Z-boy recliner, dresser, 2 nightstands, and a queen size bed with mattress. I wanted the bed frame in a different color than the ones they had on display at the store, so the salesman told me it would have to be a special order and would come in about 6 weeks. Everything else was already ready, so I requested not to receive the mattress until I had the frame to put it on and the salesman said that was no problem. They said that if we didn't take the recliner that day that there would be an additional delivery charged to the account (seemed weird but it was able to fit in the car we had).

The dresser and nightstands came the next day with no problems. I received an Email saying that the bed was ready to be delivered the 2nd week of August so I scheduled the delivery. When it arrived there was only the mattress portion of my order. When I called customer service they said the bed frame would not be available until OCTOBER and that I could either wait or get another bed. So now I'm stuck with a mattress and nowhere to put it. They have made this process so confusing and time consuming for me having to wait around for deliveries. Wish I had just gone and got everything from somewhere else!

Original review: May 8, 2017

I custom ordered a large sectional and loveseat. As soon as it was delivered (which was later than I was told it would be) I knew it didn't have the quality as the one I Sat on in the showroom. In fact I really don't believe it is even the same sectional as the one I Sat on in their showroom. I called right away to see if I could somehow change out the material (inside the cushions) at my expense if necessary or if there was anything else that could be done. It sags in the middle of each cushion and the back cushions never look good. I am continually trying to fluff and fix them. I'm so disappointed with my sofa.

I called customer service several times to try to find a solution that we both could be satisfied with but they basically said "tough luck". I am so surprised with their customer service department. I really liked the salesperson that helped me but don't know if I'll go back to Mathis Brothers because of my experience. If I ever go back it will be because of the salesperson and not because of the cooperation of the company. Before you buy anything from them make sure you stay on top of things and read the fine print. Because once you get it they won't help you!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I needed to purchase a couch and had a very specific style in mind. When I walked in and wandered around a bit, I found the perfect one. It was customizable so I was able to choose the fabric, cushion and arm style, and bottom trim. There are an overwhelming amount of options in this store (it's huge) and even a lot of options with this particular couch, but if you go in with an idea of what you want, they can help you find it. I also found rug that I wanted, and the salesman said that I got a seven day trial with it in my space and if I didn't think it looked good I could return it for a full refund. He advised that I should wait to take the rug home until I got the couch, so we planned on having them delivered together.

I placed the order for the couch and rug and was given a ship date of four weeks. Four weeks later and I didn't hear anything, so I called the store to check on the status. They said it was currently on a truck and should arrive at the store the next day. I called back two days later, expecting it to be at the store and ready for delivery, but they said they couldn't locate the couch. I went to the store and spoke with the salesman and he assured me that it was going to be at their store that week and ready for weekend delivery. So we scheduled delivery for a Saturday. They give you a delivery window of a few hours, so you have to be at your home for that time frame. When they arrived, they delivered just the rug. The couch had still not come in yet. I called and we agreed that they would take the delivery charge off of the order for the inconvenience.

I eventually got my couch two weeks after the time frame the salesman gave. I missed out on the seven day window to return my rug, but I like it in the space so that worked out fine. I'm thankful that they took the delivery charge off the order, but I would have liked for them to have given me real information from the beginning. They set my expectations high and did not meet them.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores Company Information