Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores
3.04/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores

Looking for a good furniture store?

92 Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 12, 2019

I purchased a desk and file cabinet and my grandson took off work (he is a first responder) to pick it up. When I removed the box it was broken. I called and asked to have a replacement delivered and was told no, it has to be picked up. The manager wouldn't even talk to me but relayed the “policy” through the agent. I shouldn’t have to pay a delivery fee to have a replacement delivered. Both items are going back.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: June 27, 2019

We recently moved about 1 year ago and had purchased brand new living room and dining room furniture at the OKC Mathis Brothers location. We purchased the warranty for the furniture and was told that everything is covered for up to 5 years including damage by children or animals. We recently had a couple a punctures and stitching removed by an animal on the back corner flap of the couch. I requested it to be repaired and contacted the warranty company and provided everything they needed. They told me unfortunately it will not be covered.

They sent me a copy of what it covers and listed it says rips and tears. Does NOT indicate that it cannot be from an animal. There is very minimal damage and the rest of the couch is in perfect condition. The sales reps misinform the buyers and tell them about this great warranty that covers NOTHING. It’s very disappointing to read about all the issues other customers are having about the same issues! I guess next time we will not purchase from them and definitely not buy any kind of scam type warranty. STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT/WORD, it’s not that difficult. They find any excuse not to cover something. I guess it’s a way to get an extra couple hundred dollars and provide no service in return.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response
      We are sorry to hear that you have an issue with sofa and the Furniture Protection Plan. It sounds like there may have been some miscommunication with regards to what is covered. Stains from pets are covered, but not damage. This is listed in the exclusions section of the agreement.

The FPP is definitely not a scam. They pay claims daily based on household accidents such as an accidental rip, stain, burn, puncture, etc. If you can send us your information, we will look further into it.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: June 19, 2019

This place should have ZERO stars. My wife and I purchased a Bernhardt Leather chair and ottoman in May of 2018. The color of the leather is gray and although it was made by a high-line manufacture (Bernhardt) Mathis Brothers has done absolutely NOTHING in trying to resolve this. It was not a cheap leather chair and it looked good for exactly 60 days. Then the dye started rubbing off on the arms of the chair along with parts of the ottoman. We immediately called Mathis Brothers and reported what was going on. We found out that this leather on this chair was NOT "vat dyed" - and apparently only "surfaced dyed", hence why the color was coming off of the chair.

To have a high line company such as Bernhardt not "vat dye" their leather is completely unheard of. Of course, the horrible customer service department at Mathis Brothers acted concerned for us in the beginning... and kept this nightmare going for months and months with no resolution. Finally, they said they would send a technician out to "repaint the leather"!!! I have never in my life ever heard of anything so stupid! We will NEVER purchase anything again from this fraudulent company. Ethan Allen in Pasadena would NEVER have treated us in this manner. We will not be back to Mathis Brothers!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Brad- We are sorry to read about the issues you are having with your furniture. Certain collections Bernhardt does vat dye and others surface dye and apologize this was not conveyed to you during purchase. Please send us your sales order number or phone number associated with your purchase. We'd like to look into this further. Thank you for your business.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Wow, I see from reading other reviews that I’m not the only person having a hard time getting the Furniture Protection Plan to repair items that should be covered. DO NOT PURCHASE IT. Like other reviewers, we were told the Furniture Protection Plan was a must and covered “anything” that may accidentally happen to our investment. Recently we had several toddlers over playing with our 3 year old. They ended up bumping into our wood dresser, nightstand, and bed with toys causing numerous scuff marks.

We assumed it would be covered because we contacted them and made a claim 2 days after it happened. We were told “FPP does not cover more than one spot of damage to an item per your contract.” WHAT?! Even though I gave all the details and called within the 5 day time period, my furniture will NOT be fixed because it incurred more than 1 scratch. What a joke. Please save yourself several hundred dollars and do not buy their deceptive, non paying Furniture Protection Plan.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Diane- We apologize that your claim through Furniture Protection was denied. After reviewing the photos with our Management Team, the numerous damages that occurred will not allow for any claim to move forward for processing. Due to this, we will be refunding the amount paid for the Protection Plan back to you. If there is anything else we can do for you please let us know. Thank you for your business.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Our in store experience was great. However we bought in May and asked for delivery in June. Upon delivery day the truck arrived with 2 dressers and a mattress, no bed, no night stands and no mount for tv that goes on dresser. No one bothered to call and tell us these were on back order, and so we're sleeping on a mattress on the floor. We keep getting a new delivery date with no delivery in sight. Every time I call I'm told they are trying, but still no bed to sleep on.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Judy- We apologize you were not made aware your merchandise was not in stock. Unfortunately the arrival dates provided to us by the manufacture can change and we have no control if they do. You should have been contacted immediately and we will get with our staff to see why this was not done. We are expecting this shipment to arrive late next week. Thank you for your business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mathis Brothers Furniture?

Original review: June 3, 2019

I posted a complaint on a salesperson at Mathis Brothers selling us a fraudulent warranty. Mathis Brothers responded in a timely manner saying they would refund our warranty. Which was wonderful, however they have not sent us a refund or contacted us in any way.

Original review: May 30, 2019

DO NOT BUY THE FURNITURE PROTECTION PLAN unless you are given the paperwork BEFORE adding the protection plan and able to see what is covered and what is excluded. We weren't given that! We were encouraged to purchase it and told it would cover anything over the next five years and we trusted them. This was our first time purchasing an item from Mathis. We purchased the FPP as the sales associate told us that with kids it was a must! He said it would cover permanent marker, any stains, urine accidents, ANYTHING! We have had two incidents since having our sofa for a year and a half. The first incident was a leaky wet diaper. I went to make a claim as the sofa still had a foul smell after I tried to spot clean. I filed a claim and was told it wouldn't be covered as the plan doesn't cover odors and since the stain wasn't visible in the pictures sent in the email they denied the claim.

I went to make a claim today as a black mark appeared on our sofa. Yes, we have children. Which is why the sales associate said the plan was such a "no brainer!" I couldn't tell what the black mark was from nor how it got there. Filed a claim and it was denied again because I couldn't tell them what the stain was from or how it got there. Seems that trying to sell a supposedly "no brainer" protection plan to parents with children is deceptive and misleading! I was only given the coverage details of the protection plan once I checked out as it was attached to my receipt. This led me to believe the plan would cover exactly as the sales associate made it appear to be. I have read other reviews from those who have purchased the misleading Protection Plan with similar experiences.

In the last year out of 111 Consumer Affair reviews of Mathis Brothers, 62 of those reviews were for less than 3 stars. A majority of those were 1 star reviews with several people wanting to give less than a 1 star review. With Mathis owning much of the furniture market here in OKC it seems once they have your money their desire to meet your service needs and care for you as a customer is severely lacking. Due to this seemingly deceptive plan that was sold to us and their unwillingness to hold up their end of providing the service we were sold, it has us definitely reconsidering ever purchasing from them in the future.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello- We apologize about your recent denial with Furniture Protection. Unfortunately the removal of any odor or smell is one of the exclusions with this plan detailed in the contact. If there is anything further we can do to assist you, please email us. Thank you for your business.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Me, and my husband went to Mathis Brothers, for a new mattress, the Sales people were very nice people but, the problem I had was, the Sales guy messed my paperwork up and and he didn't discover this until after I used my debit card to pay for the sales tax on the bed we were buying. So, he left and helped someone else and let the lady that was trying to help him to figure it out. It took her and another lady 2 hours to figure it out and I ended up using my debit card 3 more times because it was saying reverse on their end. The lady showed me but, also told me that I only got charged 1 time for 584.90 for sales tax.

So, on the way home I called my bank's automatic system, and my bank is showing 4 debits pending for this amount so, needless to say, our experience was okay, but they really need to know what they are doing when it comes to people's money, debits cannot be voided out so, now tomorrow after working all night I am going to have to call and talk to my bank, because I do not have 3,0000.00 dollars in the bank to cover 584.90 4 times and I am not going to!!!!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Christy - We apologize for the issues with regards to your payment. If you could please send us your customer number and/or phone number on your account, we'll be sure to tackle it from our end and get the extra charges canceled. You can send a private response or email us. Thank you.

Original review: May 13, 2019

We are so disappointed with Mathis Brothers in Tulsa Oklahoma. We purchased a couch, chair, and ottoman and the salesman offered a warranty that would cover ANY damage. We have pets so we specifically asked him even if it gets damaged by a dog or cat? He said yes for any reason they would either fix or replace it. So we purchased the warranty. My husband sent pictures and an email showing our damage and both Adrianne and Nikki responded back saying they were sorry but what the salesman told us was untrue therefore our furniture couldn’t be fixed or replaced. Not all damage was even caused by our pets but because it had some pet damage it voided the warranty. I hate that we were lied to and hate it even more that we paid extra for nothing.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Gail- We are sorry to read about the issues you are having with your claim. Pet damage is the major exclusion with Furniture Protection and we are sorry if this was misrepresented by your salesperson. This salesperson is no longer with the company and as a result, we will refund the amount paid for the Protection Plan now that the warranty is voided. If there is anything else we can do for you please email us. Thank you for your business.

Resolution response: May 11, 2019

My wife went to the store personally and Mathis Brothers bent over backwards to resolve the situation. We are very happy with the solution that they came up for for us. I fully expected to get the run around but they stood by their commitment. I’ve got to say, we are very pleasantly surprised. I am upgrading my rating to a four. Thank you Mathis Brothers

Original review: May 11, 2019

Bought a dining room table set with two chairs and two different very expensive chairs three weeks ago. The two leather castor chairs for $679 ea. were on back order. So much for their statement that all items are in their warehouse ready for pick up or delivery. We were told at the time of purchase that the chairs would be in the following week. My wife has called them four times and they don’t have any idea when or where the chairs will be available. She has left three separate voice mails on the salesman’s phone to call her. No one will return her calls. This is the last business they will ever get from us. This is not the first time we have had problems with them. Obviously, all they care about is sales. Chris, Oklahoma City, OK.

Resolution response: May 14, 2019

After several emails going back and forth, Mathis Bros agreed to fixing the drawers at no cost to me. I appreciate the service tech (Andy) who was professional, polite, and knowledgable. He called to confirm the service date and time on both occasions. He arrive on time and was finished in 1/2 hour. Great job Andy. Thx????????????

In regards to Mathis Bros customer service. I had to complain to Consumer Affairs to get this done. Not cool. Your customer service girl who took my call did not give a crap about my issue and the customer service manager was not much better.

The bottom line is this: Always try to take good care of your customers. Why? Its the right thing to do! Customers could return for future purchases providing their customer service experience was good and maybe they send will send a few friends.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Updated on 04/29/2019: Mathis Brothers will only respond to its former customers if you file a complaint with ConsumerAffairs. Mathis Brothers responded stating I received excellent customer service. I did not. They were rude, unprofessional and tried to charge me for a defective product. I paid over $4500 for my bedroom and living room sets. The original tags are still dangling from the drawers. I spoke to a local repair shop and he stated that Mathis Brothers keeps him busy. Mathis Brothers will not honor or repair their FLAGSHIP “Ashley”. I suggest you purchase from a company that respects your business and money.

Original Review: Called customer service to have a service man come out and repair the drawer guides on several drawers. The tags are still on the furniture. I put the furniture away while I was away on military duty. When I returned, I moved everything into my new place. The bearings from several the drawer guides started falling out. I pulled the drawers out and found loose bearings everywhere. I looked at the drawer guides and they are cheap made in China crap. Mathis Brothers sent a tech and he agreed. They were cheap made in China drawer guides. He said he would get them ordered and return to install them.

Two weeks later, Mathis Brothers customer service manager called me to let me know they can order new drawer guides at my expense, $25 per set X 3 sets. Same made in China crap. I said no thanks. I already paid thousands of dollars for the furniture and they should honor their FLASHIP brand. The customer service manager refused. I will never buy from Mathis Brothers again and I will tell all my friends of my experience. I’m sure my opinion will get heard. I am employed by the largest employer in the America????

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Mark- We apologize about the issues you are having with your dresser. If you can please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we will have our Management Team look into this again to see how we can assist. Thank you for your business.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Purchased a mattress and within 3 months the mattress was dipping and did not have the same support. It gradually over 2 years has got so bad we have not been able to sleep on it. Notified Mathis Brothers and filled out warranty. They only offered to put more foam inside. This mattress and box springs was $3,000. I have spoke with over 14 friends that have the same type of mattress and they have all experienced the same problems.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Erin- We are sorry to read about the issues you experienced with your mattress. If you can please send us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we'd like to look into this further. Thank you for your business.

Original review: April 22, 2019

My wife and I decided to spend the extra money and buy really quality furniture for our new house. So we thought! Let me start from the beginning, we went to the store in Ontario, California. When we walked in there were plenty of salespeople waiting to help us. The sales person asked us what we were looking for. We told him living room furniture. He was happy to help us. We told him we wanted something that was really good quality and would last. He directed us to a very nice looking leather sofa set, we liked it right from the start. He let us know it was made from quality leather and came with a great warranty. The price was very high but we already raised our kids and decided to spoil ourselves $ 5,041.00.

We went to pay for it and was talked into an extended warranty for $ 359.95 that we should buy this warranty to make sure everything was covered. Well the furniture started falling apart on us so we drove down to the store we purchased it, and lo and behold wouldn’t you believe that we were told that the color on the furniture was not covered. The stain on the furniture just started coming off and totally discolored. The premium leather we thought we bought was peeling from the material it was glued to. The plugs for the recliner were coming out of the back of the chair. The stitching on the chair was coming apart, we we’re told that’s only warrantied for a year. So please don’t waste your money on this company. Let my experience and others on this boards experiences help you make a better choice for shopping.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Darla- We apologize about the issues your having with your furniture. Mathis Brothers does not offer an extended warranty on any furniture. The Furniture Protection Plan only covers day-to-day accidents that may happen in your home. If you can please send us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we will have Management look into this to see how we can help. Thank you for your business.

Original review: April 19, 2019

The brand was Li. Modern beautiful couch. And I was buying at a reputable company. Should have bought it from the bender off the street for the same standard of quality. 5 months after receiving an expensive couch the cushions have dropped 5”. And Mathis Brothers' solution to to put the same poor quality cushions back in it. They have had the couch for 3 months with no end in sight since the cushions are coming from China or Korea. Maybe in 7 month I might have a couch back and I assume will be complaining about the same problem. And my suggestion was to apologize for selling a poor quality product and give me an in store credit to buy another couch that has a higher quality standard. NOPE!!! You get to keep the pricey couch with the sinking cushions. I guess they don’t care about return customers.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Cheryl- We'd like to apologize for the longer than expected wait to receive parts for your sofa. We always try to repair your furniture first before offering any store credit. It's our hopes that the new cushion cores that will be installed will work much better for you. We have your information and will make sure you are contacted once repairs are done. Thank you for your business.

Original review: April 16, 2019

We hate our Tempur-Pedic! We bought ours from Mathis Brothers and were told we would like it if we gave it time; whatever! Neither Tempur-Pedic or Mathis Brothers would do anything about it. This is our 3rd Tempur-Pedic purchase and I'm so disappointed! I will never spend another dime at Mathis Brothers or Tempur-Pedic!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Lorri- We are sorry to read about the issues you are currently experiencing with your mattress. If you can please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we will have our Management Team look into this to see how we can assist. Thank you for your business.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Purchased a mattress about 3 months ago. Top started to dip in across the top. Turned the mattress around and it did the same thing at the other end. Filed a claim and was told today the dip wasn't deep enough so nothing they can do. After years of giving them my business, I will no longer shop there. Now we're left with a mattress that causes back pain for my son and guests. Thanks a lot!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Samantha- We are sorry to read about the issues you are currently experiencing with your mattress. If you can please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we will have our Management Team look into this to see how we can assist. Thank you for your business.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I found and purchased two dining chairs early March with the knowledge that it was out of stock. The salesman told me it would be 4 - 6 weeks before it would be delivered. I made a follow up call just prior to the 4th week and was told that the delivery date was expected to be within a few days. After a few days had passed, I went into the store only to be told that the delivery date was now some time in June.

The person at the service desk thought the date was too long a period since it was a regular order and not a custom/special order. She called the salesperson up to the desk to have him check on the date. Steven **, the same salesperson that was so nice and courteous while making the sale was now very dismissive. He told me that the 8-12 week date was correct, rambled something about certain furniture, that he did not tell me it was going to be 4-6 weeks and walked away. I am now looking elsewhere for chairs, will be canceling my order and never buy from them again. I will also be sure to not recommend them. After reading some of these reviews, it appears to be a common issue. Their television ads are sure to mention next day delivery but on what items... deceiving!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello- We apologize for the delay in receiving your furniture and for the way our Sales Team treated you in store. We quote 8-12 weeks on all custom/special order merchandise. We apologize if you were given a different time frame. If you can please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with your purchase we would like to look into this further. Thank you for your business.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I purchased a mattress along with a new bed last week from Mathis Brothers. I was super excited about my purchase as my sales person was very friendly and felt like it was a good experience from the start. I did, however, make sure that if the mattress did not work for me, I would be able to exchange it. I purchased two items at $99 each to ensure I could do an exchange.

After two terrible nights of sleep and back pain, I called Mathis Brothers this morning and was told I could do an exchange but had to wait 30 days. If I would have been told this from the beginning, I would NOT have made the purchase. I understand that somewhere in the very very fine print, it does state this information but NO ONE happened to point this out to me when I was making the purchase. I will wait the 30 days, exchange the mattress and then take my very small amount of business that I give to Mathis Brothers elsewhere. Just wanted to make you aware in case you are in the market to purchase a mattress... MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE RULES because the fine print is NOT pointed out. Thank you.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Kathryn - We are sorry you feel you were misled. The 30 day wait is very common with mattresses. Whenever you sleep on a different mattress, it is going to feel different from what you are used to. It takes time for your body to get used to the mattress and the mattress can break in. It's similar to a new pair of shoes, they aren't always comfortable at first, but after some time they break in and feel great. Hopefully you'll find this to be true for you as well.

Original review: March 29, 2019

My husband and I spent 3 hours in the store shopping for the perfect mattress. We had help from Jon and Ray, who you could tell would rather be spending their time elsewhere. We took the sleep test and it scored us at a level 3/4 for comfortability, we decided that 4 would be our best fit. We really liked the Serta iComfort Hybrid but it was out of our price range so we decide to see if they had an older model in the clearance section, both men told us no but we decide to look anyways, and ended up finding some quite similar. Both men ensured us that the one we picked was a level 4 but when we got home we soon realized that it was WAY TOO SOFT to be a 4! I honestly believe they sold us the wrong one because we did not buy newer model.

My husband is a cop and suffers from lower back issues due to the weight of his duty belt, so he was excited to get a new mattress but unfortunately we are right back at square one. The bed is not firm enough and we a sinking through it. Being dishonest to get a sale and close a deal is not okay when the customer is worse off now than when they originally walked through the door. We are extremely sad upset with our purchase!!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Brittany- We apologize you are not satisfied with your mattress purchase. We do not believe our Sales Team would purposely sale you a mattress that did not fit your needs. If you can please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we will see what we do to assist. Thank you for your business.

Original review: March 25, 2019

We purchased an Ashley sectional sofa on March 9. We were told when we purchased the items that the only item not in stock was the wedge piece for the 6 piece sectional. The sales rep informed us that the wedge had already been ordered and was in transit to them and would arrive the next week (March 10-16). We set the delivery and set up date as March 26 to allow the stock to be put into inventory before shipping to us. We live out of the area and they only deliver to our area on Tuesdays. Our sales rep informed us that if the wedge piece did in fact arrive on time that the delivery date could be moved earlier to either the 12 or 19 of March and to call the number in our packet to inquire about the process. We were very pleased at this moment and thanked the sales rep and awaited our purchase to arrive.

I decided to follow our sales reps advice and called to check on the status of our order on March 16. I asked if the inventory had been received and if the date of delivery could be improved up on. The lady at customer service informed me that the wedge piece shows to be on the truck and the truck is on the dock to be unloaded. She stated that when the truck was unloaded that Mathis would be giving me a call and the date of delivery could be improved. I thought this was great news and was anxiously awaited their call. This call never arrived, so I decided to call our sales rep on March 18. He informed me that the wedge piece was still not in stock, but was in transit and that we will have to remain on the delivery date of 03/26. I said this is fine as we were only trying to improve upon a promise date and would remain with the original plan.

I then let the week go by and decided to call to inquire that we were still on task to get our furniture delivered to us tomorrow the 03/26/19. I was informed today that we are missing 2 recliner pieces. I find this is unsatisfactory!! We were told at the time of purchase that the only thing not in stock was the wedge and now the wedge is in stock, but not 2 recliner pieces. He proceeds to tell me now that the pieces that are not in stock will arrive the first week in April, however we will not be able to be delivered to us until the 2nd to 3rd week of April. They certainly didn't waste any time cashing our check, but failed to uphold their end of a sale.

We have been waiting for nearly a month for our furniture and still has not been delivered. Nor have I been contacted about any delays to our original promise delivery date. I feel that the lack of communication and lack of professionalism on Mathis Brothers part is appalling. I really doubt that I will buying any furniture from them in the future.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Chris- We apologize that your furniture did not arrive within the time frame originally provided and for our lack of follow up. Unfortunately, these dates are given to us by the manufacturer and are out of our control if they are changed. If you can please send us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we will be sure to update you once everything arrives in stock. Thank you for your business.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Extremely upset with Mathis Brothers and will never buy from them again after spending several thousand dollars here. DO NOT buy their furniture protection plan. It is as worthless as their customer service. They will not cover a leather sofa and chair that is peeling and discoloring badly. Basically sold me a crap quality sofa and now they will not cover it. I spoke to some rude woman by the name of Deborah in customer service very rude and unhelpful. When they sell you the plan and the furniture they promise it covers everything. When it comes down to filing a claim it’s a different story.

Currently waiting for a manager to call me back although Deborah the rude person in customer service told me, “They aren’t going to help you. They are going to tell you the same thing I am.” The tech that inspected my furniture wrote discoloration in the report. They are saying they do not cover discoloring. The leather is peeling off. It’s not just discoloring. The contract clearly states peeling, cracking is covered. They need to stop trying to get off of covering this and step up and do the right thing.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Rick- We apologize about the issues you are having with your furniture and for your recent denial with Furniture Protection. We have your information and will reach out to our Management Team to see if there is any way we can assist you. Thank you for your business.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Purchased a new mattress and box spring from Mathis sleep center in Midwest city, OK. The salesman said he had been selling mattresses for 20 yrs. I wanted to stay with a good name brand because I had purchased a Lady Americana from Mathis several years ago and hated the product. We selected a Sealy and choose the firm one because it seemed just right in the store. Well it was like laying on concrete when it arrived. We called the salesman and he told us to jump up and down on it several times a day to break it in... He even told me they had a guy that all he was do that for the store... Is that the craziest thing? Anyway we had to wait 30 days to exchange it and of course had to pay another $200, so it cost us $2000 for the mattress. Whatever happened to customer service and companies that actually care about their customers... not at Mathis Brothers.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Pat- We apologize you were not satisfied with your mattress purchase. Brand new mattresses will rarely feel like our showroom models because those are broken in. The sales rep encouraged you to jump on the mattresses to help break it in faster. Once a mattress is unpackaged, slept on and returned the value is severely diminished. The $200 processing fee is industry standard for mattress returns and exchanges. Please email us if you have any questions.

Original review: March 7, 2019

We went to the Mathis Bros outlet on 2-15-19 and bought 4k worth of stuff. It was go until Bailey our sofa salesman informed me my recliner was out of stock but that I would get by the following Thursday. So Thursday came and I had to call later in day and figure out why my recliner hadn't been delivered. He made some excuse about his manager not getting it on transfer truck in time. So I called Steve his manager at store because Bailey said he was off that day. Talked to Steve and he said that my salesman should of told me that it can take up to 2 weeks for transfers. Well of course I was not informed of that. I did ask for the power version and he told me that it would be $100 more but he could throw in a $50 gift card.

I decided to wait for the original one and he said it would be to me on following Thursday. So Thursday came and of course I got no call and so I had to call up there myself to ask for Steve again. He finally got on phone and said, "Yes it's here and will be delivered on Sunday." I was so mad because he was so calm like it didn't matter to him that he was going to make me wait even more time for my recliner. Not once did he offer to take at least the delivery fee or just offer anything for their mistake. I just hung up and waited for my recliner to get here Sunday 2 plus weeks later. Won't ever go to the Outlet again and that sucks because we shop with Mathis a lot. Order # **.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Paul- We apologize about the longer than expected wait time it took to receive your furniture. Once your furniture does arrive on transfer, it needs to be added into inventory and then added to the next available date for delivery, which would have been Sunday. We will be sending you another $50 gift card to equal your delivery amount paid. If there is anything else we can do for you please email us. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I bought a mattress on 6/20/18 from Mathis Sleep Center from a sales associate. We had bought mattresses from this company prior with no problems. We asked about the return policy and the salesman said just call us and we will take care of it. Well this past Thursday the Feb 21, 2019 I noticed a spring popping out the side of my mattress when it hit my leg as I was leaning on my bed. I called Mathis Sleep Center and spoke to Hailey, from bedding services. I told them what happened and they emailed me all this warranty stuff. I have back issues and they want me to photo the mattress, box spring, and frame. I called them back and told them I have back issues, and I can't physically move these items for your photos. I can photo the damaged area, and the top. I asked why they don't come out and look at the mattress like in the past and they said their policy changed.

I called Visa, Saturday, and they said, "Call the merchant." I did and had to call back Monday to talk to the bedding services manager. The store manager won't help me. I called back Monday and they said that is their policy and there isn't a way around it. I called Visa, who contacted the merchant on my behalf, the merchant wouldn't let them speak to the manager. Visa can't dispute the charge because it's too old. I am dissatisfied with this resolution and I am left with defective merchandise, and out $315.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response
      Angela - We are sorry to hear you are having an issue with your sofa.

I have located your account, but we were not able to collect your contact information. If you could please send us your address and phone number, we will look into this and will see what we can do to help. We can be contacted through email. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I would give 0 stars if I could. They have a terrible return policy, which means they don't really have one. The salespeople were condescending/flippant about us not being happy with our purchase and customer service was no better. The mattress we tried out in the store feels different than the one we got (it's less comfortable, softer). Neither my wife and I like it and all they offer is an exchange, but you have to pay for pickup/delivery and a 10% restocking fee. We came back less than a week after we got the mattress. We even offered to pay for the 10% restocking fee and for pickup and take a partial refund and they wouldn't help. So not only are we stuck with an uncomfortable mattress, which is even worse for my wife because she is pregnant, but it would cost more money/time to get another one from Mathis Brothers. Also, there is no opportunity for us to get any sort of refund, which almost every other mattress company offers.

The entire experience has been awful. I regret buying this mattress and I now regret buying rugs from them as well. I will never shop at a Mathis Brothers again and I urge everyone else to not shop there as well. After asking around, I've heard multiple bad buying experiences from people about them. I wish I would have done more research on their reviews before walking in the door.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Nick - We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your current mattress. One of the benefits of being a Mathis Platinum Rewards member is that you can exchange your mattress. We have one of the largest selections of mattresses in the state. We do charge a restocking fee and delivery fee which are pretty standard. We have sent you a direct message with other details and options. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Visit #1. In preparation for the arrival of this new furniture, we sold our old bed, dresser, and mirror. The day arrives for the movers to bring our product and they inform us that the mirror was sent broken by the manufacturer. They go on to set up the bed and dresser for us, so we think. When my husband goes up to check their work after they had left. He found that the dresser handles are still installed inside the drawers. They also did not give us the domes that go over the lights on the headboard of the bed. He found that the lamps flicker on and off when turned on instead of giving a steady stream of light. Not a huge deal but it sucked that we had to keep our clothes on the floor until they could make it back out on the date they plan to deliver the mirror. We spoke to customer service and they assured us everything will be corrected after the second visit.

Visit #2. They bring us the mirror and install the handles of the dresser correctly, great! However, they didn't bring the domes for lamps and said there is nothing they can do about the lights flickering. They left. I again called customer service. They told us they ORDERED the domes for us (not what they told us the first time). I inform them about the lights flickering and they said they will have to order a new headboard for us. Not in stock. We spend 4 hours picking the perfect bed only to be send a partially working one. We told customer service that we just want to return everything. They give us the run around for a few minutes saying the return needs to be approved by a manager that won't be in until Saturday, this is THURSDAY. We eventually get it to where they agree that they will pick up our furniture early Saturday. Cool.

Visit #3. They come and break down the furniture to take it away. Uneventful, except they left a pile of hardware in my home after they left. I called customer service to let them know about it. The lady on the phone is telling me that she cannot close my ticket and get my refund until they come back FOR THE FOURTH TIME and get the hardware that they left. Now, I have to go to work so I need to get this resolved ASAP. I have to argue with lady and ask to speak with manager to get this ticket closed. Visit #4. They still have to come get the hardware so hopefully this is the end of this mess.

Now my husband and I are sitting here with our mattress on the ground, out $100, a lot of time, and our TV is on the floor as well as our clothes that should be in a dresser. We would like to have new furniture in our bedroom, so we keep trying. We spoke to a manager on the phone and she assured us that she has a bed with headlamps attached that have never been in another home available. We throw a Hail Mary and try again.

Visit #5. They deliver the furniture set. A whole lamp was nonfunctioning this time! Again, called customer service and told them yet again, defective/incomplete product was sent to our home. The lady apologized and gave us a $100 credit, sweet. After that she told us that it’ll 2-4 weeks for us to find WHEN a new lamp will be available from the manufacturer. I asked what the return policy was “7 business days”. Hell no! Sent the bed back again for the second time. Visit #6. We decided to keep the dresser for the sole reason of just being freaking tired of keeping our clothes on the floor... The guys get the bed, uneventful.

Fast forward 10 days. The refund for the bed still hasn’t hit our account. I call customer service to find out why. The lady tells me to grab my card and read her the number and she will give the refund. I asked “does this refund not happen automatically?” She said “no.” I asked “well then why didn’t I get a phone call to get my money back?” Her: *silence* “I’m sorry, I’m not familiar with your situation”. So essentially, if I hadn’t been keeping an eagle eyed watch on my account they totally would have just ripped us off. I kept a coworker up on this horrid saga and she told me HER Mathis Brothers horror story. It’s over, I’m done! Thank the lord!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Miranda- We sincerely apologize about the multiple issues you experienced with this purchase. This is not the typical customer experience and are sorry you were put in this situation. If you can please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with this purchase, we'd like to get with everyone involved with your order.

Thank You.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I purchased a bedroom set on November 23rd for my new home and was told specifically that it was not on backorder and I could have it all delivered on 12/26/18 after my new home closed escrow. In early December I received a call from the salesperson telling me that part of the bedroom set would be delivered and that 1 nightstand and the dresser was on backorder and wouldn’t be delivered until sometime in February. February! Unacceptable! I have called the store on 3 different occasions to speak with a manager and was dismissed being told that I would receive a call back right away. I still have not received a call from Mathis Bros. Mathis Bros lied to me to get the sale and refuses to address the issue. I will never buy from them again. I have been in my new home since 12/26/18 and I have no dresser to put my clothes in, we're still living out of boxes.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Julia - We apologize for the issues with your dresser and the lack of communication. We would like to look into this and see what we can do. Could you please send us your customer number and/or phone number on your account? Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We bought a new mattress and were asked if we wanted a mattress protector. We declined since we had a fully serviceable cover from a previous Mathis mattress purchase. I emailed Mathis because the mattress was depressed. They said we didn't have a warranty other than manufacturer because we didn't buy the cover and the mattress was less than $1000. This is our last purchase from Mathis Brothers, they have gotten too huge to bother with consumer relations and there are many other furniture stores in Oklahoma City that need my business more than MB.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response
      John - You do have the manufacturer warranty on your mattress. It's the Rest Assured program that you chose not to purchase. This program is an add-on, and allows a customer to reselect a mattress if they are not happy with it after 30 days. This policy has been around for many years. You receive a mattress protector when you sign up for the program. It sounds like you had it on your previous purchase.

If you are noticing some dips in your mattress, the manufacturer's warranty would cover it.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Purchased expensive leather couch and loveseat about four years ago, recently the finish began to peel. I wasn’t worried, however, because I had purchased the Furniture Protection Plan. I complied with the claim submission process only to immediately receive a notice that my claim was being denied because “discoloring" isn’t covered. I argued that it was peeling so Sylvia ** then offered to dispatch a technician to inspect. The date then changed several times in an obvious attempt to avoid the appointment and any chance to escalate the claim.

When the tech finally showed about a month later, he agreed that the finish had peeled and recommended several pieces be replaced. The next day I received an email stating that my claim was being denied because “discoloring" isn’t covered. I believe the behavior of the person handling claims indicates a policy of claim denial and that the FPP is a deliberate fraud. Don’t buy furniture from these folks and certainly don’t believe their fraudulent offer to “protect your investment."

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Robert - We are sorry to hear you are having issues with your sofa and loveseat. FPP does cover peeling, but unfortunately, they do not cover color loss. If you could send us your customer number and/or phone number on your account, we'd be happy to look into this. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Purchased a Lady Americana mattress at MBF OKC Store. It was two weeks before it was slept on due to moving into the new house where it was delivered. The first night sleeping on it the mattress border was weak and defective. Called Mathis Brothers and refused to allow us to exchange it. We submitted the required documentation to the warranty department and was informed that there was not an indention greater than 1.5 inches so the warranty claim was refused. We explained the mattress border was weak and ineffective from delivery and we were told that was too bad and there was nothing that could be done. The customer service rep in the mattress department was extremely rude (Nicole **) and mocked our efforts to get a resolution. We even called our sales rep Andrew, the day it was discovered right after purchasing and he was very kind and tried to help us.

Andrew is a great sales rep and we have requested him for multiple purchase. However, Nicole ** continued to be very rude indicating that we never contacted Mathis Brothers in a timely manner because she had no record of it even though we have records of emails and phone calls. Once we produced those emails to prove we called for assistance she continued to be disrespectful almost as making fun of us for even trying to get some kind of resolution. The sad part is the manufacturer's defect is so bad that we nearly fall out of bed when sleeping near that side of the mattress.

We have been customers of Mathis Brothers for over 13 years, spent thousands and thousands of dollars and have never had such an unfortunate experience with customer service. We always fill out the surveys after purchasing and give raving and great reviews and feedback. It’s apparent being a loyal customer means nothing in the grand scheme. Needless to say, we will not be shopping there in the future.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores Company Information