Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores

3.4/5 (84 ratings)

About Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mathis Brothers Furniture?

Original review: May 13, 2022

We purchased a set of tables with surface defects and they were not interested in working with us. And judging by the many other complaints here regarding support they don't appear to stand by their warranty/support.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

We purchased 10K plus of new furniture from Mathis Brothers. They sold my wife an Extended warranty protection plan "FPP" that was told by sales person covered the furniture in case of scratches, stains, pets, ETC the "no worry plan" about our new costly investment. This could not be further from the truth, they knowingly LIED about this coverage. We spent almost a 1000$ on a useless warranty. Our fault, my wife did not read the paperwork. What the Big print giveth, the small print taketh. This warranty is a CON, and the salespeople should know. They misrepresent the warranty in all facets. I am only writing this to let people know, do not waste your money. Ask for the exclusion page of the "extended protection plan".. IT's a JOKE. They should be ashamed.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I spent about $3800 on a mattress & adjustable base in January. In July after making an honest effort to adjust to the bed, it was too firm. Called to do the exchange as I purchased the additional, mattress cover, pillows & rewards to qualify for the 365 sleep warranty. In July I meet with a district manager to exchange & am told it would be an additional $700 for the exact same mattress in the "softer" version. I requested a returned or clearance model of like quality & price. For MONTHS I texted to get an update & was blown off. I finally called & made a complaint & the next day all of a sudden they had a mattress. Both times we went to select a mattress, we were told how the firm is like concrete & the misconception of firm beds being good for your back. We were never told this at time of purchase.

Get my delivery 10/14/2021 & the paperwork I was finally shown, confirms the mattress I was given is $600 less than my original purchase & does not have all of the features of my original. I contacted the DM to ask could they at least throw in some pillows & was told NO. Instead of reducing their profit & swapping me out for my exact mattress they made me wait 2 1/2 months to get the new one delivered, at not even close to the price or quality & almost bragged that they knew the firm mattress is the most returned mattress they sell. Then a simple gesture of a set of pillows was too much. Will never shop or recommend Mathis Brothers again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Purchased a sofa & loveseat in mid August and was told it would be ready for delivery the first 2 weeks of September. Called to schedule delivery and was told it wouldn’t be ready til late September. Called to schedule delivery and am now being told late October. When I asked to cancel my order I was transferred around for over an hour and eventually told I would receive a call back from my salesperson… A week later and still no call. This company is the used car lot of furniture stores. Beware, and do not shop here!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

On 9/3/2021 I bought a Purple mattress and the adjustable base. I was given the wrong merchandise and have tried contacting managers, corporate and no one will help me. I am being discriminated against.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

As newlyweds we were thrilled to purchase our first couch. We have been waiting 9 months with ZERO communication from Mathis brothers. No one will return my calls and Alex the Irvine store manager is ignoring me. I want a refund and to cancel the order. This is crazy. Do not order from Mathis brothers.

Original review: April 11, 2021

Purchased two custom couches from Irvine location in late May/early June 2020. Very delayed in delivery but we were accepting of this due to covid and shipping issues. Paid for half of the cost at purchase with other half to be paid before delivery. Mathis Bros stated that couches would be ready in late August. Received call very last minute demanding payment as couches would be delivered the next day. So couches were delivered very last minute. ****Custom couches only have 7 days warranty***. This is not discussed at purchase. They do not allow time for reading materials before signing.

We were assured Bernhardt couches are top of the line with no sagging and springs are sound/good. Two-three months after we had the couches they started to sag. We called for an evaluation and the tech said they could not do anything. Now April 2021 two springs are broken. We called to have the couch be repaired. They refused to have the couch picked up due to our kids having gotten it dirty. It’s lived in, a light material and we have kids. Now we are having to schedule someone to clean our couch! We bought the cleaning package as well but I am sure that there is a loop hole with the cleaning as well. We are so dissatisfied and frustrated. As of right now we will never purchase from Mathis brothers again, and will never refer anyone to Mathis brothers.

Original review: March 7, 2021

STAY AWAY!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! When we went into the store, the shopping experience was good. We were looking for a sofa, but could not find one that worked for us. We decided to order a custom leather reclining sofa. It was much more money that we had planned on spending ($7k) but it was beautiful and fit our needs. The salespeople were very helpful... This was OCTOBER. We finally received the Sofa at the end of FEBRUARY. This is when the NIGHTMARE began. **They delivered the sofa Friday night at 6:30pm and the delivery crew was in a hurry to finish for the night. They placed the sofa and left. We sat down, reclined the sofa - and it stopped working - that was it. It is now stuck fully reclined in the middle of my living room!

After 21 phone calls and hours talking to "customer service", all we have learned is that we might have an ETA on the parts in a few weeks and that it MIGHT TAKE UP TO 12 WEEKS TO FIX. Did I mention that the sofa is stuck fully reclined in the middle of the room. So, we are stuck with no resolution in sight. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE AND SPEND LESS MONEY FOR BETTER SERVICE!!!!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Joseph - We apologize that this was not handled properly. We will have a manager contact you today to get this resolved. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I have not received my furniture but already have decided we will not purchase from Mathis Brothers again. Our sales rep was wonderful. Then came two days of trying to get to customer service to pay the balance of our purchase and schedule a delivery date. On 2/4, I waited for 1 hour and 52 minutes and no one ever answered the phone. On 2/5, once again I called and was transferred multiple times and call was disconnected 3 times. I finally started calling every phone # I could find on the website and after several calls I was asked to call the Irvine store (no they couldn't transfer me or provide a phone #). With difficulty I finally reached the store manager and while it took another hour payment was made and delivery scheduled. In the meantime, I had my cell phone on hold for 3 hours on the customer service line and no one every answered (the hold music is terrible). I sure hope there aren't any problem with delivery or the product.

Resolution response: Dec. 29, 2020

Although the company finally offered to let me reselect a replacement they only did so after the Better Business Bureau got involved in the matter. Every time I tried to work with them I was meant with rudeness or more delays. I would never do business there again. I should never have had to get the Better Business Bureau involved to get the matter taken care of, let alone go through 2 months of stress trying to get the company to deliver what I had already paid for!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

In October 2020 I purchased 2 bedroom sets and a living room set. I was told it would be delivered on Oct 30, 2020. When the furniture was delivered they were short 2 night stands, a media chest, and an ottoman. One month later I finally received the 2 night stands... and have told every week that next week the media chest would be delivered... So far I have been told that 7 weeks in a row. Here it is Dec 28, 2020 and I am now told that it will be Jan 17, 2021 for the media chest and ottoman. 4 months after the purchase! They want me to cancel the order.. but then I would have an incomplete set.. I told them I would exchange the set for one of the same price that was complete... but they won't do that because it's been over 60 days.... HELLO... you are the one that has made it over 60 days by not delivering! WHY would I want an incomplete set!!! This company should be shut down for doing fraudulent business!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

We apologize for the delay. Most all manufacturers are running into delays. The dates we give are the dates we get from the manufacturers. We actually offered to reselect and it was accepted, so all should be good!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores Company Information