Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores
1.41/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores

47 Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Being new to the area my boyfriend and I had a few things to get after combining apartments from 2 different areas of the country. We already had bought our mattress and a guest bed mattress. We then realized we also needed a box springs for the guest bed mattress. I did some research online as this was not something we needed to go try out in the store. I found Mathis Brothers and we really liked that they are local to Oklahoma and the prices were extremely reasonable. I placed an order early on a Friday morning for the box spring we selected. I waited almost a week and before I decided to get in touch with customer service as I had not heard from anyone, including a receipt of our purchase. It was then that I found out that I had mistakenly input the wrong telephone number into the system. Although it was my fault they had my email address. Never let me know there was issue.

The phone number was corrected and I was emailed a receipt. I was then informed delivery was scheduled for Sunday. I asked for a discount as we had to wait a week to get any information and was denied (very rudely) because of the phone number when the email address provided was perfectly fine and not used until I contacted customer service. I was also informed that I would receive an email the night before with a 2 hour window and a call an hr before the day of delivery. The day of delivery (yesterday, 9/16) we waited the entire delivery window (930-1130) and never heard anything from anyone either on the phone or through email. I again got in touch with customer service and they informed me that the drivers' paperwork was never updated so when they tried to reach me they couldn't. At this point I then asked for the order to be canceled and to be provided a refund. This was processed and we are just waiting for the refund.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Elizabeth- We apologize about the issues you experienced with this purchase. The contact number was not updated and this was a mistake on our part. Our drivers are required to make delivery at the end of their route to any customer that was not home during their time frame. We show you elected to cancel your order, so this was not an option. If we can be of any further assistance in this matter please let us know. Thank you for shopping with us.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

We have bought a dining room set, a new sofa, televisions, and an Ashley chair from Mathis over the last two years and have always been happy with our purchases. In October, 2016, we bought a king-sized mattress from the clearance area. While we understand that merchandise purchased in that department is "as-is" we purchased it (along with a $1000 dining room table, bench, and chairs from the 2nd floor) with the express understanding that it was only in the clearance area because of a small stain on it, which our saleslady showed us. We clarified this with our saleslady by explicitly saying, "so, it's NOT a used mattress? Because we don't want a used mattress." She said no, nothing in their store is used.

After a month or so, one side of the mattress started to "break down" for lack of a better term. It became more and more uncomfortable and constantly slumped to one side. My husband and I are not large people, so that wasn't the problem. We felt we could not do anything about it because we had purchased it in the "as-is" area.

However, a few months ago, my husband and I decided to try flipping and turning it to see if it that would help. He noticed that the manufacturer's paperwork was still attached to the bottom of the mattress. He looked through the four or five pages that were there, and saw that the last one contained a note from the store stating that the mattress had been "treated" or "sprayed" after being returned! (I don't recall the exact wording) The saleslady lied to us!! The mattress WAS used! We knew that the purchase was "as-is - no warranty" BUT we made the purchase on the condition that it had not ever been used. We are through giving Mathis our money. Their saleslady lied to us.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Deborah- We sincerely apologize about the issues you are having with your mattress. If you could please email your sales order number or phone number associated with your account to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we'd like to look into this further to address. Thank you for your business.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

We bought a Eco Comfort mattress 4 years ago, they said they warranted against any sagging on either side. Now we have a hump in the middle of the bed and you cannot roll to the middle of the bed. They will not warranty.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Edward- We apologize about the issues you are having with your mattress. If you could please email your sales order number or phone number associated with your account to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we will look into this again to see if we can assist. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I had paid and waited 3 days checking status at site still processing (As I had online banking statement paid in full). I am a disabled vet so I chatted with online rep. He said they were waiting for payment as no one would return e-mails or contact for 3 days. Then Dawn contacted me and I stated that I would be here for delivery (after seeing I paid in full 3 days ago!). She just wrote a e-mail back saying she was canceling order with no reason. This cat and mouse game after I paid in full and no reason given is the pisser. I will check out this Mattress King.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Do NOT buy anything from Mathis Brothers Furniture. This has been the worst experience. My couch has a lifetime warranty on the frame. I spent over $1,000 on the couch. It is now in the shop for the 3rd time for the same issue! It has been in the shop for a month! I have called multiple times, asked to speak with a manager, and emailed. I do not know what else to do. Also, after the second time it was in the shop, when they delivered it they left the couch on my back porch. There is not a covered patio and the couch sat out on the porch until I got home from work. It had leaves all over it and dirt. It is also very heavy and I could barely move it inside. I complained about this issue and no one ever responded. They do not care about you or your customer service experience. Take your business somewhere else!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Lindsay- We apologize about the issues you've continued to have with this sofa. We are showing this is now repaired and our attempts to contact you to set up a delivery date have failed. If you could please email us the best contact number to reach you to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we will get this back to you ASAP. Thank you for your business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mathis Brothers Furniture?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I purchased a queen mattress set and a couch, paid for delivery on both. Received an email saying they wanted to deliver the mattress during the day while I was at work- Friday midday. So I immediately called Mathis Brothers and told them that delivery time did not work for me. The guy said his name was Adam. He told me that he would cancel that delivery time and I would be contacted again to reschedule. Then he hung up on me. I get a text from my neighbor saying that Mathis Brothers was at my house Friday midday to deliver my mattress set. I called back again and got a time that worked.

Then I get a call from my salesperson, Jess, saying she didn’t charge me enough for the couch delivery fee and she wanted $39 more. I called customer service and got the fee waived. The couch was scheduled for delivery on Sunday. When I didn’t hear from anyone by Saturday afternoon with a scheduled time I called and left a message with Mathis Brothers. No word by Sunday morning. I was scheduled to work Sunday but didn’t want to miss delivery of my couch. I contacted Jess to see if my couch was still scheduled to be delivered. She said, yes, from 10:27am-12:27pm. 12:30pm and still no couch. I’ve been on the phone with Jess and Customer service saying that I missed work for a delivery that never came. They won’t deliver to me today (Sunday) and they can’t squeeze me in tomorrow either. I am very disappointed with this company.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Liz- We apologize about the multiple issues you have experienced with trying to get your furniture delivered. We are aware of these issues are working to make sure everything does arrive for you on 8/21. If we can be of any further assistance please email us at consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Purchased sofa, and warranty just lapsed. They will not honor warranty. Leather "peeling" off between cushions. Cushions are wearing down. Depending on use, product lasts up to warranty period, 5 years.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Lynette- We apologize about the issues you are having with your sofa. If you could please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with your account to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we will see if there anything we can do to help. Thank you for your business.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

We had an awful experience working with the Mathis Brothers Outlet in OKC. We were looking for living room furniture and thought we had found a great set. When our salesperson, Kimberly, helped us with the checkout process, she quoted us at $60 for delivery fees. She neglected to mention it was actually $100 until AFTER we had paid in full. She told us the couch was not in stock at the time (Saturday, August 4) but would be in stock the following Tuesday and we could schedule delivery for Thursday (today, August 9). We never received an email stating the time window for delivery, so we called this morning to ask about it. We were told that our delivery date had changed to Saturday, August 11.

Neither my husband nor myself were notified of this. My husband took off work today to be here when the couch arrived. He dealt with a series of phone calls from different people at Mathis Brothers, transferring him from one person to the other. Finally, he got back in touch with Kimberly. She told us she tried to reach out to both of us by phone call, but neither of us answered our phones, and neither phone gave an option to leave a voicemail. Because she was dishonest about the delivery charges, I am inclined to believe she lied about this as well. Kimberly told us today that the couch would not be in stock for "1-2 weeks". Because of all of this frustration, we decided to totally cancel the order and find new furniture elsewhere.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Taeler- We sincerely apologize about the issues you experienced with this purchase. We do show we were able to to pull some strings and get your sofa delivered yesterday as you were originally promised. If there is anything else we can for you please let us know. Thank you for your business.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: July 28, 2018

Purchased 2 recliners 6/4/2017 with furniture protection plan in Ontario, CA. We were told by the salesman that the protection plan would be honored in Arizona. We are now having great difficulty getting the chairs to unlock and recline. I called the number listed and was referred to the Ontario store where I was told that I needed to bring them back to the Ontario store for the warranty work to be performed. This is ridiculous. If I had known that the warranty wasn't worth the paper it was printed on I would have saved myself $130.00. If Mathis Brothers won't back up their warranty, they shouldn't offer it.

Original review: June 30, 2018

We purchased over 1k bunk beds and had them delivered and assembled. They totally stripped out the beds screws. We cannot take them apart ever. If we do we will have to break the wood and rebuild and paint. Customer service said they could do anything. So disappointed in their character. Never ever will Mathis Brothers get out money again if they cannot back up mistakes their employees made.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Jenny- We apologize about the issues you are experiencing with your bunk bed. We will be sending you a direct message requesting your information to see if we can come to a better resolution for you. Thank you for your business.

Original review: June 28, 2018

On 05-15-2016 I bought a $1,000 wood kitchen table with 6 chairs. I bought the "Furniture Protection Plan" (FPP) for an additional $109.95 because I was told it would take care of scratches, stains, if my dogs chewed on the wood, etc. So after 2 years, I decided to sell the table because I am moving. I went to Mathis Brothers and they advised I needed to contact FPP to file a claim. I did and they emailed me the steps I needed to do to file a claim (pics, explanation, etc.). I did this and explained they were pretty much just scratches that had happened over the 2 years I had the table. I was told "With furniture protection we are only an accidental plan that assist with a SINGLE damage to the whole item. Once there is accumulation it becomes an exclusion to the plan." WHAT??? I replied asking if every time the table was scratched, was I supposed to file a claim??? It didn't remotely make sense to me.

I would not have paid over 10% of the purchase price if I knew this. I should NEVER have purchased this stupid FPP. I even asked for a refund of my $109.95 purchase price. The FPP replied, "...you purchased an accidental plan that assist with a single stain or damage to the whole item. Yes each incident is to be reported within 5 days of it occurring to avoid accumulation of damage. This information is on the contract." REALLY??? That's not what I was told and who reads the stupid fine print? Sorry I assumed it would take care of all of the scratches at once.

Anyways, they went on to say, "Also the office cannot provide a refund for the items not following within our guidelines. The customer has 7 days from when they purchased the plan to request a refund. Again I do apologize we are unable to assist with the item not falling within the guidelines of the plan you purchased." I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU PURCHASE THIS BS FURNITURE PROTECTION PLAN!!! IT'S SOOOOOOO NOT WORTH IT!!!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Jana- We apologize that you were not aware of this exclusion in the contract before purchasing our Furniture Protection Plan. We will be sending you a direct message requesting your information so we can look up your account to see if we can assist you. Thank you for your business.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I had back surgery. I went to Sleep Center in OKC and spent over $700 on a mattress and was told I could replace it if I was not satisfied. They delivered a mattress totally different and so firm that I couldn't lay on it for more than 20 minutes and when I called them the next day to replace the mattress after talking to four different people who were giving me false and contradicting stories which took almost all day at the Sleep Center, I was told my mattress didn't qualify for replacement and the only way I could replace the mattress was to pay $199 extra for pick up and inspection and buy a mattress pad for $89.

I spent $700 on a mattress I can't sleep on because it bothers my back, but of course, they got the money and don't care. I will never go back there again. "Any salesperson can sell to anybody once, but a good salesperson gets repeat customers." Good luck with that. I am taking this to small claim court and call a local TV station to give them a piece of my mind.

Updated on 07/01/2018: Please save your "We apologize..." comment. It has been over two weeks and nobody has replied or resolved this issue I posted about. I still have a $700 mattress I can't sleep on due to my back problem from surgery that I purchased from them in cash. I called them the next day after delivery right after 10:00 am which is their opening time to let them know that they sent me the wrong mattress, but they won't replace it while I was told I could. They want a total of $199 for pick up and inspection and $89 for a mattress pad to replace the mattress. Other stores give you a trial period of up to 100 nights or more.

I commented on one of their Facebook ads on my page and after some back and forth comments they asked if I talked to the salesperson? (The salesperson never returned my call, or replied to my text or email.) SMH, according to them she is one of their top salespeople. Wow, don't wear yourself out. Thanks for the help and runaround!!! You guy are "Pros." I am going to buy another bed from a different store, but this time I look for a store that has salespeople and a management that know about "Decency" and "Back their products" and not the ones who just care about their bank accounts. See you in court! Please don't make a fake comment to protect your image. You wasted enough of my time.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello David- We apologize about the issues you are having with your mattress and the contradicting information you received. To better assist you, we will be sending a direct message requesting information so we can look up your account. Thank you for your business and we will be in touch soon.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Let me start-off by saying my Design Consultant, Tony **, is THE ONLY PERSON in this whole process that I feel did anything to help out the situation. Friday, June 8th, I called ahead, as instructed, for my pick-up. I called 2 hours in advance and still waited in bay #8 for 40 minutes. I am watching people come and go around me. I called 951-1407 and asked to speak to a Manager, 3 times I called and 3 times I was promised someone was coming down to talk with me… NEVER HAPPENED! I call Tony to relay how I did not like being lied to and would appreciate if he could have someone call me to remedy this situation.

Over an hour later and another call from me I finally got a call back. At this time the situation had gone from bad to worse, I had no hardware to put my desk together. Your supervisor that I spoke with, Brook may as well have been reading from a script, she had answer for everything… but it was the wrong answer. You have my money and I have nothing at my house that I can use, I wanted my hardware. She told me all drivers were booked until Tuesday, I got sick and tired of her party lines that I hung up and called back. This time I spoke with McKenzie (sp?) who at least tried to help. I told them I wanted it over-nighted to me and was told it was so late in the day I would not get it until Sunday… better than Tuesday but not what I wanted.

On Sunday a Mathis Bros truck shows up… if everything was booked until Tuesday how does this happen? That makes at least 4 times your personnel lied to me. I am not even going to go into their solution to make things right, if you really value your customers and want my return business someone will contact me. If I receive no correspondence (a phone call) I will assume you have all the customers you need and I will share my experience with everyone I know. Balls in your court, I have been waiting for a reply from your Customer Service Manager in Oklahoma City (Tim **) and yet to receive any kind of acknowledgement that they are even considering trying to make this right.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

DS- we apologize for the time you had to wait while picking up your furniture and for any miscommunication that occurred regarding your missing hardware. We are currently working to resolve this for you. In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to send us a private massage and let us know. Thank you.

Original review: May 29, 2018

So we bought from the outlet store. We have purchased there before without any issues until today. I will never buy another thing from them ever. I scheduled my delivery for tomorrow. I called to ask if it could be in the afternoon. They refused so I cancelled my order and on my way to get my refund. I know for a fact they can accommodate I was once a delivery person for them. Why is this a difficult issue. So I will just go somewhere else to buy what I need!!!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Lee- sorry to hear that we could not accommodate your request. If you send us your customer number and/or phone number, we can look further into this and see how we could possibly assist. You can email us at consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I bought the outdoor furniture from Ashley Home Store, Memorial Road OKC. It is a branch of Mathis Brothers furniture. Date of purchase is 11/24/2017. Purchased items got delivered on or after 11/29/18. We did not touched the items because of weather. We opened it last month to keep these outside. In a very slow wind umbrella started moving and the rod hole in the table started breaking with aluminum pole. The plastic cap did not help. And suddenly the pole bend from the hole of the table and broke apart. I moved away from it due to safety.

Later with the friend help I took it away. Umbrella gone, pole gone. Base and part of pole attached to base still there. But table got big hole which cannot hold even new umbrella with new pole. Why Am I writing this review? The sales person told me every things are made of aluminum, but not. From table hole some kind of powder is falling apart. I went store and they gave me a call #. I called that number and got answer that file a complain with photograph on a four lines email. Who has time to do all this. I am not very happy with store.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Anil- we're sorry to hear that your table has sustained damage and for any inconvenience this has caused you. We are currently looking into this further to see how we can best assist you. In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know at consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Went to Mathis Brothers Furniture 5/22/18 to get new mattress and decided to look at new entertainment center. Gavin our salesman was really good at helping us. We paid for our items and went to the warehouse to pick up what we purchased. I was a bit confused that they would load the light stuff on the bottom and the heavy entertainment center on the top. While they was loading the stuff one guy shoved the entertainment center into my sliding back glass and shattered the glass. I turned around and all the load out hands were standing there and one says what's his problem.

I informed the ** that they shattered my back glass and he just laughed it off. Was told I would get a complaint for the damage by someone I assumed was a manager. They never came back with a form and then another guy said that I would be contacted to get it repaired. No one ever took my information and when I asked about the form everyone just walked away. I own a diesel repair business and if something happens due to negligence or stupidity we take care of the situation promptly and if our employee laughs about the mistake I'd fire them.

I will more than likely find another place to get furniture. I have in the past bought many of pieces for our home and still have more to buy but refuse to deal with the warehouse and the delivery dates that Mathis Brothers has, after all when you purchase furnishing for your home you want to enjoy them after you purchase them not 2 to 3 weeks later otherwise I would have had paid the $150.00 and had the stuff delivered. I have already ordered my window and called the tint shop to get my truck back to where it was before they busted my window. I don't like conflict and sure don't put up with irresponsible employees. People who represent your company should be held to the same standard as the owners.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Kevin- We apologize about the damage done to your vehicle and for the lack of follow up from our Loading Team. We have sent this review to the Warehouse Manager to make sure we make this situation right. We will be in contact with you soon. Thank you for your business.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I am usually very happy with Mathis Brothers. I have bought several pieces from them throughout the years and several pieces within the last few weeks. I have purchased new and clearance items as well as from as is. Yesterday I found a sofa in the clearance area that was exactly what I had on order, but in a sofa. Brook was very helpful in helping canceling the order and giving me credit towards the clearance sofa. After visual inspection there was some wear and scuffs on the sofa, that I was aware of. However when I got the sofa home on closer inspection found food crumbs, dirt and pet hair in between the couch cushions. I'm starting to think I didn't get a clearance as-is sofa, but a used return item. Not happy about this purchase.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Craig- we apologize for the condition of your sofa and are sorry if you feel that it was not tagged properly. We are currently looking into this to see what can be done to assist. In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know at consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you.

Original review: May 14, 2018

The store located in Ontario has good prices and the personnel is very nice and friendly but the delivery is ridiculous. I bought a set of sofas on April 29 and I will receive them on May 10 and I still waiting!!!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Patricia- We apologize you are still waiting to receive your furniture delivery. We will be sending you a direct message requesting your personal information so we can look up your account and see how we can assist. We appreciate your business.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I purchased a lane recliner at Mathis Bros. in Tulsa on 4/22, using the Synchrony credit that I had been approved for. The recliner was delivered on 4/27 and broke the 1st day. I told the Customer Rep who called me about the delivery that evening. She was supposed to have someone get in touch with me. I called back on Sunday 4/29 after not hearing from anyone and had to leave a message. Finally Sunday afternoon my call was returned and I was told that I would have to wait until next Thursday to get any satisfaction. So, now I have to take another day off work, not to mention that I still don't have a functional recliner in which I have paid for. So far, not very impressed with Mathis Brothers!!!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Brad- we're sorry to hear that your new recliner isn't working properly and we apologize for the lack of follow-up. We would like to assist you with this and get it resolved ASAP. If you would, please send us a private message with your customer number and/or phone number so that we can pull up your account. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Original review: April 22, 2018

We bought an electric rocker recliner that was on the floor. It had been reduced. While sitting in the recliner I asked the salesperson (Shannon) about the warranty. She took out her little book and said it had full warranty. She even called her supervisor and she confirmed he said it had full warranty. We bought the chair and picked it up. We got home and set it up. I noticed that when reclining it had a jerky motion and was also present when the chair was returned to rocker. I called MB and they told me I had to contact Lane. I have called Lane several times a day at all hours and have left messages none of which have been returned. I even called other Departments and you can’t even leave a message.

I contacted MB again and they told me that it was an “as is” piece and I was responsible for repairs since it had been so drastically reduced. They did say they would send a repair person to my home but I would be responsible for the cost. I then contacted my bank and filed a dispute about the whole process. I then went to the store in Tulsa where the chair was purchased and talked with a customer service rep. He stated I could bring in the chair and that if they had the parts they would repair it for no cost but if parts had to be ordered I would be responsible for the entire cost. They also said they would come pick up the chair and do the same. I asked why they offered me that a repair person would come to my house but I was responsible for the cost but they wouldn’t send out a repair person and they take care of cost.

Once again I was told they were doing me a favor because the chair was “as is” and heavily reduced price. There were no tags on the chair that said it was “as is”. I then told the rep that I had filed a dispute with my bank and another customer service rep immediately came to the counter and told me they would Credit my account. I told them I wanted the chair fixed not my money back. He reiterated that my money would not be returned but a credit was being issued to my account.

He scheduled a pick up for the chair on Saturday April 14 and employees showed up to pick up the chair but no papers showing credit to my account. I would really liked the chair fixed not my money back. Both customer service reps were rude and failed to help me. Once they learned a dispute was filed they became very rude. They wanted the chair back immediately but was not willing to give my money back only to credit my account so I could purchase something else. I don’t want to shop at Mathis Brothers ever again. I can see now why the Customer Service area is glass enclosed as they don't want any of the on floor customers to hear that they won’t honor what a customer is told.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Kenny- We apologize about the issues you are having with your recliner and the lack of follow up from Lane. We understand your frustration with Customer Service and the situation in general and want to get this resolved. We will be sending you a direct message requesting your account information so we can better assist you. We appreciate your business.

Resolution response: June 3, 2018

The company resolved this issue almost immediately, when posted here.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I have selected unsubscribe from receiving email from you several times, but as you surely know, that does nothing. I tried contacting consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, but of course you won't accept an email from me. I have no qualms with products I have purchased from Mathis Brothers Furniture in OKC. My wife and I occasionally enjoy shopping there and have made many purchases, all of which we still enjoy.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Bill- We apologize that the unsubscribe function is not working for your email. We will be sending you a direct message asking for the email(s) you would like us to unsubscribe. We thank you for your continued business.

Original review: April 20, 2018

In August we bought 2 curio cabinets from the ART collection. Together it was a little more than $5500 dollars. They’re beautiful and unusual because they have a lighted chandelier inside. We were not told assembly was not included but assumed it was. It was delivered and the guys put the cabinets where I wanted and started to leave. My husband asked them if they weren’t going to put in the chandelier. The guy said it wasn’t his job but he did it anyway. But left all the packaging on the floor. Then we realized they had not put the shelves in. Fairly heavy glass shelves. I called our sales person, sent pictures and told him what happened.

I talked to someone in management and they said they didn’t have insurance to cover the glass if it was broken if they put it in. She said she would send them back out but I told her not to. I was afraid they would come with an attitude and make things worse. I didn’t want to take the chance. My husband and I are almost 70 and it’s hard for us to lift things like that. Fortunately our kids were in town and were able to help us. When you spend that much money on furniture and from a supposedly reputable company (not online ordering) you expect complete delivery and set up. And all trash to be removed. This is only one of the times customer service has been totally lacking. It’s enough for me. Won’t be coming back.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Loretta, we apologize about the issues you experienced with your delivery. If you could please email us your sales order number or phone number associated with your account to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we will look into this further and make sure we address with the delivery personnel. We appreciate your business.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Well March 2 2018 was probably one of my worst experiences I ever encountered. We ordered a dining room set from Mathis Brothers Ontario store that was on back order so sorry. April 2 went to pick it up. Mind you I live in OC Ca a good hours drive. Entered the store with my deposit receipt. Proceeded to pay the balance of 1,150. Put it on my American Express. Sign for it. They told me to go to will call to pick it up. Proceeded to will call. Seem like forever waiting. No sooner did I get out of my truck I was surrounded by Ontario police and get this they had a helicopter in response right above me. Wouldn’t let me move. Didn’t know what was happening. Apparently Mathis Brothers thought I was using a stolen credit card after the card went through signed. They got their money. They called the police on me and they ran my name.

I had a warrant and off to jail I went. Oh and by the way the card turned out to be mine. No ** Dick Tracy. Can you believe that? Still waiting from a call from corporate and the kicker the manager claims he had no idea what was happening but he was standing at the receiving dock with the lady whom took my transaction. Never buy anything from Mathis Brothers. I was so humiliated, embarrassed and full of anger. What do you think about that? They are pathetic. Thank you for giving me this time to tell you.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Paul- We apologize about this situation and understand your frustration. Our management team is taking this seriously and is continuing to look into your situation. We will be in contact with you soon. Thank you.

Original review: March 29, 2018

We bought a 3K adjustable bed from Mathis Bros in Aug. We have bought all our furniture from them. The bed was delivered, and the delivery guys seemed to struggle putting the adjustable frame together. They kept referencing the instructions, and just seemed inexperienced in putting these together. When they finished, they handed me a box of what they said was “spare parts”. Fast forward to February, the foot part of our bed stopped adjusting. My husband got under the bed, and we finally figured out what happened. The 2 pieces of the frame had separated, and in the process, ripped out the wiring to the foot part. We went over the instructions, and realized the men who put our bed together, had never put in the bolts that hold the frame together!

I’ve called Mathis Bros. multiple times, they keep saying they’ll call. Nobody ever calls. Nobody knows what to do. They transfer me to answering machines. It’s ridiculous. Then today I got aggravated with the customer service rep, and she tells me it’s Serta’s problem. How is it Serta's problem that your guys didn’t know what they were doing? We’re just about to move into a new house, and we're planning to buy new bedroom sets for our 4 kids. I had planned to go to Mathis Bros. But definitely not now.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Amber- We apologize about the issues you are having with your adjustable base. We would like to look into this further to see if we can get you assisted. If you could please email your sales order number or phone number associated with your account to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com, we will review your issue. We appreciate your business.

Original review: March 25, 2018

We are long time customers of Mathis Brothers in OKC but will probably never shop there again. We were looking for a leather sofa and had it narrowed down to 2. One was approximately $600 and the other was over $1300. The salesperson explained that the difference was this: the less expensive sofa was NOT real leather and would last maybe 5 years while the more expensive sofa WAS REAL LEATHER and would last 10-15 years. We’ve had the sofa now for just long enough for it to be out of warranty and the “leather” has started to peel (we’ve since discovered NOT real leather after all) and the peeling gets worse every day. We’ve contacted our salesman, Rhett, and we’ve been told that since it’s out of warranty there’s nothing he can do. We’re not asking for our money back just another sofa of like kind quality. Very disappointing experience and we will shop elsewhere in the future.

Updated on 04/17/2018: Thank you for responding to my review. However, I have sent you my name and email/phone number now multiple times but have had no response from you. Please contact us regarding what can be done to remedy our situation (couch is not leather as advertised and is peeling after less than 24 months).

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Donnita. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your sofa. We would like to assist you with this in any way that we can and try to clear things up. If you would, please send us your customer number and/or phone number so we can pull up your information. You can send us a private message or an email to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Do NOT* NOT* NOT* NOT shop at the OKC Mathis Brothers Furniture store! You WILL REGRET IT!!! They promise you the moon and the stars, but you receive nothing but an empty wallet... We purchased $3,500 worth of furniture... Two days later they called and said they made a mistake and needed more money. Seven days later they called again and said they made a mistake and again needed more money. The problem is, when you purchase the furniture you sign a contract that 40% is non-refundable so you can't NOT say you don't want the furniture when you have a problem down the road, or you will lose the 40% that you have already spent. So, it's either pay the extra money or lost the 40%! Yeah, like we said... Do NOT* NOT* NOT* NOT shop at the OKC Mathis Brothers Furniture store! You WILL REGRET IT!!!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Tracee- We apologize about the pricing issues you encountered on your purchase. All money owed to complete your purchase should have been handled while in store and we apologize this did not happen. This has been forwarded to the Store Manager to review. They will be in contact with you soon if not already to assist. Thank you for your business.

Original review: March 15, 2018

We ordered our furniture about 1 month back. The salesman was super good (as they should be). Our furniture was on backorder. When it arrived in store, I received an email. Walked in the store, talked with the customer service about the 24 month no interest option I was offered when we ordered the furniture. She was clueless on how it works as it is managed by some third party. She was even rude and won't provide any details. Ultimately, I ended up making a lumpsum payment. I requested delivery time any day after noon. She scheduled me after two days and mentioned that the delivery team will get in touch with me with exact delivery time.

As soon as I left the store, I got a call from the delivery guy telling me that the furniture will be delivered tomorrow. I said is it tomorrow or in Thursday (2 days later)? He said, "Oh sorry it is on Thursday." I mentioned him at that time that we wanted delivery after noon, as morning times are not good for us. He said, I should expect a phone call/text message within 24 hours of our delivery.

Next day, I got an automated text message saying my furniture will be delivered between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm. I called the number provide and informed that 11:00 will not work for us... Anytime after noon is fine. I was told OK. Next day morning (day of delivery), the driver called me at 10:00 and said that we are on our way... I said I cannot accept it before noon. He was extremely rude and said either it is in next 45 mins or you will have to wait another 10 days as they have already scheduled their deliveries 10 days out. Overall, the salespeople are good in selling you stuff, but rest of the staff (customer service and delivery guys) are just trying to get you off...not helpful at all! Very poor customer service. I am so glad I did not took their extended warranty offer, which I was leaning towards.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Ashish- we apologize for the poor service you received with having your delivery scheduled. We will be sure that this is addressed in our service and deliveries departments. We are currently working to resolve this for you. In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know at consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you.

Original review: March 15, 2018

We purchased a sofa and loveseat with the furniture protection plan. When things started to go wrong with my furniture cracking, peeling, tearing nothing was actually covered by the protection plan! They do not communicate that at all when selling you the $300 in false protection. Also when you call the store they say they will follow up and never do. I’ve been waiting and waiting for answers on warranty and how much a cord would be for my power recliner since it’s not covered either. Buyer beware and do not buy from Mathis!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hi Theresa. We're sorry to hear that you have been waiting for a response on warranty information. We would like to assist to resolve this as quickly as possible for you. If you would, please email us at consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com with your customer number and/or phone number so that we can pull up your account. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Original review: March 13, 2018

We purchased a table and chair set from Mathis Brothers. The sales rep we purchased from talked us into getting a furniture protection plan for an additional $125. He stated the plan would cover damage to the table and chairs such as scratches and breakage. We had a chair get scratched at Christmas from decoration on someone's pocket. When I filed a claim I was told that since the chair appeared to have additional scratches on the leg the claim was denied. Even though I was not making a claim on anything but the chair seat, multiple scratches voided my contract. When you call Mathis Brothers' customer service they tell you that the furniture protection plan is through another company. What they don't want to tell you is that company is also owned by Mathis Brothers. Save your money and don't buy from them.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Deb- we apologize for the issues you have experienced with submitting your claim. We are currently looking into this to try and resolve it for you. In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know at consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We bought a couch, loveseat and recliner. Four years later it looks like we've had it for twenty years. The cushions were flat after a year, of course they're only under warranty for one year. Recently we've had problems with the recliner, the frame mechanism, and springs. Mathis Brothers said Lane would have to take care of it. We called Lane. They said another company made the recliner and used their label, and that the company that made it went out of business so they didn't have to repair it. Mathis Brothers said that they couldn't repair it.

We then took it to a repair shop. They said they get a lot of furniture from Mathis and that their furniture was poorly made. They repaired the recliner for $478.00. We told them about the cushions on our loveseat and couch made by Broyhill. The repairman showed us the cushions that were in our furniture. He said they were the cheapest cushions that could have been used. We paid $279.00 for new cushions for the loveseat. Now we need to replace the cushions in the couch. I went to Mathis Brothers to tell them what I thought about the quality of their furniture. That I thought it was fraud that they sold furniture with Lane labels that weren't even made by Lane.

They said that furniture companies do that all the time. I told them about the cushions that they bragged about, how they showed us cushions that were taken apart and how they had these springs in them that made them better cushions. The repairman said the springs compress when you sit on them then they spring back. Over time they compress then don't spring back. I told Mathis that they were only as good as the furniture they sell and that doesn't say much. After just four years our furniture shouldn't look like we've had it for twenty. It's only me and my husband and I and we expected better quality. Their response was just that they were sorry but there was nothing they could do. I told them they should at least pay the repair bill on the Recliner.

Updated on 03/23/2018: I am tired of large companies taking customers money and selling poor quality products. They take advantage of their customers. I submitted a claim on 3-12-28 about buying a Lane recliner that I found out Lane didn’t even make and Broyhill couch and love seat made with the cheapest cushions made. The recliner broke and the cushions are flat. I’ve had them four years and it looks twenty. I went to the store. They said there was nothing they could do. I had to go to repair shop to get recliner fixed and new cushions. They told me they have to do a lot of repairs for Mathis Brothers.

I submitted a claim on 3-13-18. They responded on 3-12-28 telling me they were sorry and would look into it. They gave me an e-mail and told me to give them my customer number which has my phone number on it. I tried to e-mail but the address said I did not have authorization to use that address so I responded back on Consumer Affairs, giving them my customer number. It’s been two weeks with no response. As I told the floor and service department managers, they have not heard the last from me. I will do what I can to help them lose business. Apparently they thought they could pretend to care when they responded on Consumer Affairs. I have an attorney.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Debra- we hate to hear that the cushions on your furniture have been problematic for you. We would like to take a look further into this to see if there is anything more that we could possibly do to assist you with this. If you would, please send us your customer number and/or phone number so that we can pull your account up. You can send these via email to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores Company Information