2. Homeowners

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores

3.7/5 (191 ratings)

About Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mathis Brothers Furniture?

Original review: May 7, 2020

I brought an adjustable bed frame for $650 for my Acid Reflux. After two months the bed frame is making loud squeak noises every turn or movement on bed. It is woke me up during the night many times. I called Customer support and they told the metal squeaking is not cover under warranty. When brought the bed frame they told it is cover for one year if anything goes wrong with it. They told me is an known issue. I have asked why I was told or why you are selling bad product to customers. I have brought many furniture from them before and they always seemed to be trusted until now. I don't know what happen to this place.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Michael - We apologize that you are having an issue with your adjustable base. If you could send us your account information, we'll look into it and have someone follow up. Please email the name and phone number and/or customer number to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com. Thank you.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I bought a recliner as a surprise for my boyfriend on 4/24/2020. I got it home and when he got in it the back just kept reclining so we brought it back the next day and got a different one instead. We got that one home and put together and the footrest would not stay reclined out, just fell right back down if you put any pressure on it. So we took that one back an hour later. The customer service manager told me I should have checked it first, that "he always checks his eggs at Walmart to make sure they're not cracked." When they load it up it is in a box and then they tell you to leave so there was no way to check it and I didn't appreciate him implying it was our fault that your product was faulty.

I explained that this was the third time driving 45 minutes there and 45 minutes home and I was extremely upset. He did give me a small discount off my purchase "for my inconvenience". When we went to the warehouse to exchange it we waited 25 minutes before we were even acknowledged. We made them take the third chair out of the box so we could test it. It had the same problem as the one we were exchanging. The customer service manager and their tech told us there was no issue with the chair, it was supposed to do that, even though I explained to them that the one in the store does not do that.

Finally our sales guy came over and explained to them that it should not be falling back down that way. They brought over a fourth chair and it wasn't even the right one. Finally the fifth chair they brought over worked the way it was supposed to. The only pleasant part of our visits was Jeff **, our sales guy. He was extremely helpful and very courteous and respectful. Other than him it was the worst shopping experience I've ever had and I won't be back and I'll share my experience with anyone that will listen.

Original review: March 27, 2020

My wife and I have been in the market for a new mattress. We were looking for something that was comfortable enough for my bad back and her neck. We were approached by a salesperson who kept harassing us and trying to up-sale. After being constantly harassed we decided to purchase a Nectar mattress instead of a Tempur-Pedic mattress because it was out of our budget. She finally showed us something that was within our budget. I was tired by that time and really didn’t want to be bother anymore and just purchase the nectar which I didn’t want in the first place. I just felt so pressured. She wouldn’t keep her distance. She convinced us by saying it had raving reviews and helps us with our pressure points. We decided to purchase it.

I tried to give the mattress some time and see if over time it would be more comfortable, but it never did. I would wake up with leg pain and numbness. I’ve contacted Mathis Brothers numerous times to see if I can do an exchange and they never helped me. It’s been a nightmare!! I will not purchase from Mathis brothers again!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Jeff. I am so sorry to hear about the issues that you are having with the mattress and the experience you had with our sales team. If you would, please provide the sales order number and your contact information to ConsumerAffairs@mathisbrothers.com. I would like to look into this further for you. We appreciate your business and feedback!

Original review: March 26, 2020

I do not recommend shopping at Mathis Brothers Furniture Store for your mattress purchase. I spent $1,900 on a mattress that is too soft for me to sleep on. Mathis Brothers is unwilling to assist me even though I spent over $20,000 at the store. I suggest any mattress shopper go elsewhere. Give your business to a retailer that will stand behind the product they sell, many retailers offer a 30-day trial or guarantee period. Furniture stores do not offer this; mattress stores do. If I had it to do over again I would go to a store dedicated to selling mattresses only.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response
Hello Kelly. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the mattress you purchased and the lack of customer support.

I would like to look into this further for you if you would, please send your sales order number and contact information to ConsumerAffairs@mathisbrothers.com. We appreciate your business and your feedback. Thank you!

Original review: March 11, 2020

We visited the Ontario store in late November 2019 and purchased the Simon Li sectional for $3,499, plus extended warranty, some membership plan, and delivery for a total of ~$4,300. They had just sold the last floor display so we waited until stated February 2020 for the next shipment to arrive. We received a call in late January that the product arrived and we went to the store on January 26 to complete payment and setup delivery. We scheduled delivery for the Saturday before Superbowl as we were having visitors and looking forward to using the sectional to host. I asked that everything would be good with delivery and they confirmed that there would be no issue. The delivery on the Saturday took place and here's where the problems began.

One of the end pieces delivered was the same as the other side, so two left-armed recliners. They called in and said they would bring back the correct piece back the next day. In addition, the middle reclining chair had no power and was not working. The next day I had to follow-up myself by early afternoon and ask what was going on with the delivery. After three more calls that day, by night, they said they don't have the correct piece in stock and that it would be a few days to get in, perhaps by Tuesday. I called again on Tuesday and they now said it's still on the water and would be about two weeks to arrive. I contemplated cancelling the order but decided to wait.

After two weeks I received an email to confirm delivery of the remaining piece. After confirming delivery I called to ensure that somebody would take a look at the chair with no power that doesn't recline. They next day which was suppose to be delivery day, we had to leave work early to be at home. We received a call ~ 1 hour before delivery time. They said that they don't have the chair in stock and that it would be another two weeks to arrive! I stated that this is not acceptable to continually be deceived and service requests ignored. I requested for the 5 pieces at home to be picked up for refund and the one remaining piece in transit to be cancelled; cancelling the entire order.

They arrived on February 22 to pick up the five pieces. I asked when I would be refunded and they said probably the next day once the return was confirmed. After many phone calls the next day and throughout the next two weeks to Ontario and corporate; being transferred multiple times, placed on hold for long duration of times with no answer, here's what's happened. Only received a partial refund for the five pieces. THE PIECE THAT NEVER ARRIVED THAT WE PAID FOR ON JANUARY 26 STILL HAS NOT BEEN REFUNDED...$879! Today is March 11 and STILL NO REFUND! They've done nothing short of take my money, string me along, and waste my time.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Michael, We are very disappointed to hear about the number of issues you've dealt with trying to get your furniture, any miscommunication and in dealing with your refund. This is not typical of the customer service we strive to provide. Could you please send us the contact information associated with your order to ConsumerAffairs@mathisbrothers.com so we can look into these issues and try to get this resolved for you? We appreciate your business and would like to make this right.

Original review: March 5, 2020

My husband and I have bought living room furniture and bedroom furniture in the past and have been very happy with the experience and the furniture from Mathis Brothers Furniture Store... NEVER AGAIN.!!! We had never had a King size bed. We had never had a mechanical bed. Mitch was one of our sales guys at Mathis Brothers in OKC. We tried out several mattresses and then the mechanical types at the store. We said we were not sure about softness of mattress and if we wanted a split king. The sales guy said we could return for something else if we didn’t like it. We bought what ended up being an expensive split king with mechanical bed.

We told the sales guy we were both going on separate trips and if wasn’t happy with bed we would like to get exchanged before we left on trips. We tried to exchange and he said we could NOT exchange.!!! We did not like the split king.!!! Very hard for cuddling.! Do not like the hole it makes.!!! We also bought mattress covers for mattresses which they were out of, but I always cover our mattresses and all our beds have covers on them.! My husband said they said we could not go from split mechanical bed to king whole mechanical bed like we wanted to. Also I had to ADD soft mattress on top of new mattress to make soft for my comfort. So I also wanted to go for softer and probably more expensive mattress, but they would not let us exchange it.

I have never written a review, but had to tell of our experience. We will never go to Mathis Brothers again. We are retired and not happy about paying over 5.500$ for something that does not work for us. Especially when we were led to believe we could exchange it if it did not work for us.!!! I am sorry to say negative things, but feel people should know to be careful before spending their hard earned money on something they are not happy with.!!!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Merry, I am very sorry to hear about the issues you are having and the miscommunication with our sales staff! I would like to look into this for you. If you would, please send us the sales order number and your contact information to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com We do appreciate your business!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I bought a sectional that was on sale and picked a color that was not like the floor model. Being that it was in stock and on sale I did not expect to still be waiting for it since I purchased it before Christmas! I have been given the runaround too many times, given delivery dates and times. I’ve had to take multiple days off from my 2 jobs waiting for my furniture to be delivered! I have told all my friends and family about what crappy service I have received from Mathis Bros. I have no living room furniture in my apartment for my family. I am so disappointed and I regret ever purchasing any furniture both bedroom and living room from Mathis Bros. They have the worst service and keep giving me the runaround. If they didn’t charge me a fee to return everything I would’ve done it already! To anyone reading this DON'T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! The salesman was rude and the people on the phone tell you BS!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Mariah, We apologize about the series of issues you’ve had in getting the furniture you picked out delivered. Could you please email us the contact information associated with your order to ConsumerAffairs@mathisbrothers.com so we can look into this issue and try to get it resolved for you? We do appreciate your business and would like to make this right.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I purchased a La-Z-Boy Loveseat and Couch in September 2018 from Mathis Brothers in Ontario. I had seen the same Couch and Loveseat at the La-Z-Boy store for $2,000 more dollars and Mathis Brothers had them less expensive. So we purchased them with the warranty. We have had Mathis Brothers out twice since we bought them using the warranty and now we had them out a third time 3 weeks ago and we were told we would receive a call from Mathis Brothers letting me know what the outcome was. I didn't hear from them for over a week and called them. I was told by customer service that they are trying to get the money I paid for the couch and loveseat refunded to me. Ok that sounds great, and they would call me within 24 hours.

Now I am on this perpetual loop of this is what I am told but I never receive a call from Mathis Brothers back. I end up having to call in 2-3 days to follow up with them and now for 2 weeks I receive the same line from Customer Service. "Oh I see so and so has emailed them and we are waiting for a response. We will follow up with them again and let you know in 24 hours." Today I called because this is what I was told on Friday 1/31 and received no follow up and had to call today.

This time, the person who was emailing La-Z-Boy is not in today, so the girl Gabriella on the phone said that they would follow up with me in 24 hours. I told her that it sounds like this is just what they tell the clients but how do I know they even are following up with La-Z-Boy. I asked to talk to a Manager and she said that they would call me in 24 hours. So much for customer service. I told her that Mathis Brothers pays a certain amount to La-Z-Boy to purchase a Bulk lot of couches and then sells them in their stores. I didn't pay La-Z-Boy direct. I paid Mathis Brothers, if they are truly trying to get a refund for the money I paid, why can't Mathis Brothers make this right and refund my money direct and deal with La-Z-Boy on their own to get reimbursed?

I think they are lying to me and have no intention of trying to refund my money. There is no purpose in buying the warranty, they will just provide the customer with the same defective couches just to keep the consumers money. I know I won't receive a call back tomorrow, I just have to keep wasting my time from work to put a call into them to keep receiving the same BS answer from them that they are waiting for an answer that will never come. Money down the drain at Mathis Brothers.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response
Rosanna - We hate to hear that you are having issues with your LaZBoy sofa. If you could send us your customer number and/or phone number on your account, we will look into your situation. You can send it to consumeraffairs@mathisbrothers.com.

We don't sell extended warranties, we sell the Furniture Protection Plan. This protects you from an accidental rip, stain, burn or tear, not manufacturer defects. LaZBoy can approve an exchange/reselection after their 1 year warranty expires.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

June of 2019 I bought my mattress and power base at Mathis Brothers in Ontario Ca. I couldn’t sleep for weeks upon getting it because it sunk in way too much! Mind you I was pregnant so I tried to give it a chance until after I had the baby. After having the baby still no luck. My back would hurt all the time! Talk about sleepless nights so about ten days ago I finally do my exchange, tried the mattress out in the sales floor and seemed to be a little more firm but my first day sleeping on it oh how I regret my decision! If the last one was bad this one is worse. My 4 year old will lay on the bed and sink in!

I am still up at 3:47 am writing this because the mattress is so terrible I can’t sleep! What Mathis does not disclose when you get the mattress exchange plan is that it is only a one time thing and they also deduct $200 from your original value. And the base came faulty. Tried calling the very first week and I’m still getting the run around because they consider it a third party warranty. I’ve made many purchases with them and was looking forward to doing my entire house but this is such a hassle. I‘ll more than likely take my business elsewhere.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Hello Nataly, I am sorry to hear that your mattress is uncomfortable and that there was a misunderstanding regarding the comfort guarantee as well as the lack of communication. If there is a defect in the mattress then it would be covered under the warranty. Please send us your sales order number and contact information to mattressservice@mathisbrothers.com so that we can follow up on this for you and try to get it resolved. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I went in to get a recliner and Mr ** helped me to find the best one for me. It was the perfect fit. He didn’t pressure me, just very helpful. Mr ** was very knowledgeable about his products and showed me which was best for my money that I had to spend. The store is very organized and very clean.

Neoka

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores response

Thank you for your positive review! We are glad that our sales team was able to assist you in finding the best chair for your budget! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Mathis Brothers Furniture Stores Company Information