3.8/5 (342 ratings)

About Havertys Furniture

Havertys Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Havertys Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Havertys Furniture?

Original review: May 22, 2022

It took 9 months to receive OVER PRICED living room furniture. The backs had little cushioning, unlike store sample. I called & called. After 6 months, they will reorder. That will take another 6+ months. I just want my money back to go elsewhere. Do not buy from Havertys!!

Original review: April 22, 2022

I waited 5 weeks for my $2.6k reclining leather sofa to come in and missed work to be home for its delivery. The window they gave me for delivery was between 2:00-4:00 p.m. on a Friday. I was home and working outside in my yard from 12:00--4:00 p.m., yet no one ever showed up. I received a voicemail telling me that the delivery driver could not locate my address. I called Customer Service by 3:30 p.m. and was told that I would have to reschedule, that the driver was done for the day. Hmm...you have my correct address, but you can't find it, so I need to take another day off of work to receive my purchase? Google Maps marks my address precisely, yet you can't find it? I call you before the end of business to clear up your confusion, yet you cannot accommodate my scheduled delivery? There are too many high quality furniture companies who can deliver product to the customer as promised. I will not buy another stick of furniture from Havertys.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 10, 2022

I was redecorating a condo and needed a dining room table and chairs and a sofa. We purchased both from Haverty's and when the sofa came and they removed a quilt that was protecting it, it was covered with lint. They did nothing to remove it so we worked on it and it was would not all come off. It seemed like the lint was glued to the fabric. I called Haverty's to complain and all they said was get a razor blade and try to remove it myself. So for the past 3 years the sofa has looked shabby because of the lint and now the piping or cording around the cushions has become wavey and doesn't look straight. Altho it is only 3 years old, I am having to replace it because it looks like garbage. I am not going to buy furniture at Haverty's again. They should have at least come out to see the sofa right after it was delivered but they wouldn't. I had purchased a lot of furniture there 11 years ago and their customer service was much more responsive then.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I purchased a sectional sofa from Haverty's and it was poor quality. First of all, it took 5 months to get the sofa after I ordered it, and It is not the Haverty's standard. I've only had the sofa 4 months and the cushions are already starting to lose their shape. I had to buy batting and restuff my cushions. Customer service has refused to do anything because they basically implied that one 173 pound person sitting on a sofa for 4 months will cause the cushions to lose their shape. I would call that a CHEAP sofa. Looks like I’m stuck with a subpar sectional.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

**Manufacturer's warranty is a scam! Quality is Poor. **Added Protection doesn't cover damage due to poor quality product. I purchased a Harmony Grand Sofa that has shown signs of defect on the woven fabric Since delivery on 11/27/21: Color fastness/rubbing (27 days from Del) and Severe fraying Edges (38 days From del). Normally, manufacturers have product components undergo performance testing on upholstered fabrics to ensure product longevity. Typically colorfastness to crocking is one of the Tests that are performed. Unfortunately, according to customer service, this kind of defect is not a manufacturer responsibility... on a finished product that will definitively deal with rubbing/making contact with other fabrics!

This situation Is telling of the lack of integrity of this company…Other companies (like Ikea) have all their testing info online to ensure the product you're buying is of a certain quality. There is too much secrecy here. I even got in contact with their corporate office to get a straight answer and got stonewalled. The icing on the cake...customer service is the absolute worst! They only read off of a script and you feel completely Used and ignored. Go anywhere but here. They have no Integrity, The quality is bad and corporate office doesn't do right by their customers. Their only priority is sales.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

Havertys raised their prices in the middle of a sale, then refused to honor the original price. (I have photographic evidence.) HIGHLY unethical. I will no longer do business with them. Pity for them, as I am building a new house and need to furnish it.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

We had a bad experience. They changed the delivery of sofa 5 times. We wasted lot of time. We paid the delivery charges. We waited and waited had to take time off from work every time. Very unreliable. Do not waste your time.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

So I was browsing Havertys Furniture's website for a new Sofa. They has a 36 months no interest financing so I decided to apply. I completed the information then it asked me to call a toll free phone number. I called as was told. I needed to go to another website, take a picture of of driver's license plus, get this, take a 5 second or 5 minute video of myself before they could process my application. Why would I be STUPID to upload my personal identification to some website to get compromised, and a video!! I have NEVER heard of a such. I flat out told her I'm not sending my identification to some website, would it be easier if I went into the store and applied, she said it would be the same process. Then she asked if I wanted her to process my application without uploading my information, I said yes, then she said I was not approved.

I applied with Ashley Furniture 36 months "No Interest" finance and was approved for $10,0000.00. Havertys Furniture, I think your bias demands warrant an investigation. After reading your 1.3 STAR rating, I'm perfectly glad you denied me credit, but guess what, I will be filing a BBB complaint for ruining my credit score because of my refusal of your unethical demand. They already knew I wasn't gonna be approved for not providing a video of myself, upload my ID and denied my right to visit their store to complete my application and show proof of my identity in person to avoid being compromised.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Very unsatisfied. Delivered furniture I didn't pick. Called and called. Management never returned my calls. Never going back. Year 2020 I talked to salesperson and he said he would talk to manager about this and that the manager would call me and I'm still waiting for call. Now we are in November of 2021.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

We purchased a leather recliner sofa from Havertys in Feb. of 2021 and it was ready in June 2021. We picked it up from the store and it sits in the middle of our living room where it does not touch any walls or other furniture. We have no children or pets in the home, only 2 elderly people with no roughhousing going on. We noticed after 3 months that the 2 back corners have peeling leather on them. There is absolutely no way we could have caused this damage. It is simply peeling off as if it was too tightly installed on them.

When calling the customer service we sent in pictures and filed a claim. We were told that it was an in home damage and there is nothing they will do to fix it. We called the store to see if we could return it. There is only a 3 day return policy. This was a $3,000.00 sofa that looks cheap and old after only 3 months of use. Extremely dissatisfied customers and to top it off it turned out to be the most uncomfortable couch we have ever sat on. We kept hoping that it would be more comfortable as it got worn in, We were wrong about that and should have returned it immediately. Buyer BEWARE! We usually check reviews on large purchases before we buy but this one slipped through on us without checking first. We regret that very much now. All their reviews are pretty bad. Hope we can save someone else from going thru the headaches we are experiencing now.

Havertys Furniture Company Information