3.8/5 (590 ratings)

About Havertys Furniture

Havertys Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Havertys Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Havertys Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

We purchased a table and chairs that were floor models at the store in Castleton, In. The table did have a few indentations across the surface of the table and these were noted on the release form. The salesman assured us that if any scratches other than the ones noted on the release were present they would be taken care of by Havertys.

I actually took pictures on my phone of the table before leaving the store. They delivered the four chairs and the table and guess what? Huge white scratch on the table. Delivery people said, "The technician would be able to fix the scratch and you would hardly see the scratch." I first called the salesman and told him the situation and he said customer service would take care of the problem and that they would deliver the other two chairs the next week. I sent pictures of the before and after on the table to customer service. They said they would not send a technician out because it was a floor model even though I had sent pictures of the huge deep scratch. Customer service Offered $50 or nothing. I have bought Two couches and Two living room chairs from them but I will never buy another item from Havertys. There promises were nothing but hot air. Their customer service is a joke. Buyer beware.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

All the furniture I ordered was either damaged or filthy dirty. They replaced it but sent more dirty furniture. They also never Scotch garded any of the furniture. I was told to contact the Guardsman Protect so I did and was told by them that the stain was not covered. I have had the furniture a month. Do not buy Havertys Furniture and definitely don’t waste the outrageous cost for the protection plan.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

Purchased from Havertys in Pensacola on 11/1/19. Loveseat power stopped working on 4/19/22. Thank God I bought the 5yr protection plan. Tech came out, fixed the issue. Fast forward to 6/26/22. USB ports on loveseat not working. Tech came out and ordered parts. As of today 10/21/22 still waiting for parts. AND NOW the sofa has stopped working. Will be filing that claim today. Havertys will do nothing and say it is now up to Guardsman. I will write a separate review about them. Bottom line DO NOT buy anything from Havertys. I can verify all of this with receipts and copies of claim forms. This furniture was expensive and should not be constantly breaking down.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

My husband and I bought an AVIATOR from Haverty's with the GOLD PLAN from Guardsman. It died out on us and according to our plan, we should be covered but they are saying one of the pieces is not covered. I tried to go to the website for our coverage that Haverty's gave me but it doesn't exist. I keep getting bounced from Guardsman to Resolution (the company the technician is from) to Haverty's. Stay far away from Haverty's and far away from Guardsman. I just read that according to Forbes magazine Guardsman is one of the top 3 franchises to stay away from.

Tip for consumers:

If you do buy furniture from Haverty’s and get the Guardsman coverage pray you don’t need to use the coverage because they will not honor their commitment. So don’t buy from Haverty’s and don’t get Guardsman furniture coverage. It’s too late for me. I’ve been getting the run around since august.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

I purchased the Brooklyn sofa from Haverty's to replace another Haverty's sofa that was about 10 years old. I like the seat cushions and the general frame shape of the sofa. My problem with the product is the quality of the back cushions. The pillows are comprised of square shape covers that are filled with folded up stuffing material. The stuffing is inadequate for the pillows to maintain their form, so they become dented and misshapen if you sit against them. I constantly have to rearrange the pillows. Every day I have to try to make them look less dented. I am at the end of my rope and I hate this sofa! It makes me sad because my other Haverty's furniture was good. I decided to donate the sofa because I worked a long time on my living room and want something that actually looks nice. I am getting a new sofa from Macy's this week.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Had purchased from Havertys a few times before. Went there again to purchase several pieces of furniture for a new home we were having built. They referred us to their "design consultant". What a joke. She was simply a sales person. Oversold us on several pieces. Matched two twin beds sets we purchased with undersized and cheap bunkie boards and foam mattress. Had to complain as the mattress fell well below the headboard and footboard. It turns out that I needed a low profile box spring and regular mattress to fit properly. You'd think a "design consultant" would have known that.

Then on a custom piece she told me the fabric I wanted was available. But put the order in for a different but similar fabric. (I guess she was hoping I didn't notice.) I'm stuck with the chair as she did not put the name of the fabric I wanted on the order sheet. My mistake I did not notice. Then she did not tell me that the Hooker furniture pieces that she suggested were not returnable like the rest of Havertys furniture. When I cancelled prior to delivery Havertys wanted me to pay a huge restocking fee. This all started February 2022. Still haven't got a clear accounting for my refund. And my refund is on furniture that I never had delivered. What a nightmare. Will never use this store again.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

We purchased a leather sectional few months ago, since they delivered it, we have nothing but headaches. They replaced it 3 times. Every time they replace it, they bring different issues. Some of the delivery crews are rude. They don’t respect your property. One time they scratched my brand new hardwood floor. Few of the customer service agents are rude. They doesn’t know how to talk to a customer.

I am a heart patient. My last phone call with a customer service agent raised my BP sky high and I started feeling chest pain. So I give up. Nothing in this world is not worth more than my life. Forgot to mention we paid top dollars for this sectional. Every time I sit on this couch and use the recliner it’s making a weird noise. If I could give a '0' star for this review I would. I will not go back to this store or recommend.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

In December 2021, I purchased a sofa, love seat, and leather recliner. After little use by 2 adults, the cushions on sofa and love seat are collapsing. The cushions now reduce to about two inches when sat on and the back cushions which are stuffed with batting are only partially filled and look like they are several years old rather than months old. The overall construction of the sofa is so poor that the back of the sofa is a piece of cardboard covered with upholstery. This sofa and love seat is not the same quality as the one on the showroom floor.

The mechanism on the recliner doesn't work properly so you have to use your hands to close the footrest and the back of the recliner won't stay in the reclining position. A technician came to investigate our concerns and we were told that the recliner cannot be fixed and the only time the back will stay in the reclining position is if you have the power recliner. The store associate did not tell us that or we would have bought a stationary chair with an ottoman. My husband and I spent 5 hours at Havertys on two consecutive days making certain we had the sofa, love seat and recliner that would be comfortable and hold up for years. Now we have a $5000 mistake sitting in our living area. The store associate was so nice and told us that she had the same sofa in her house and how great it was. I won't be as trusting and naive again.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

Bought a Omega Leather Sectional power recline sofa with extra pieces Sept. 2017. It started peeling last fall. Finally found a leather repair man, and he came today to "fix" the leather. He told me that this is NOT a leather couch. When we bought it, it said LEATHER and all websites with Havertys (website, social media, etc) said leather. The leather repair person told me today it is a stamped fabric. WTF? We PAID 3k for a stamped piece of fabric? I will NEVER buy from Havertys again. He also told me they will tell you it is "Top Grain Leather". Be very wary of this phrase... it means it is a top stamped onto a piece of fabric with the grainy look of leather and not real leather or even vinyl. Havertys has lost a 33 year customer, who has purchased Tens of THOUSANDS of dollars with you all! You guys suck! LIARS!!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I needed a couch and knew Havertys had a good reputation. I had a pleasant experience with the salesperson. I picked out my couch. It was expensive (~$7k). It arrived on time. The delivery guys were great - friendly, helpful, and careful. The couch was nice for about a month. The fabric began to pill by the end of the first month. After 3 months it became lumpy and uncomfortable - especially one cushion (and it doesn't get used more or less than any other cushion). The cushion somehow acquired a permanent indentation. It's an odd shape, too. It's long and thin all the way across the seat; not rear-end shaped as one might imagine.

I flipped the cushions over, and it seemed near new. Now, it's 3 months later, and both sides are lumpy, indented, uncomfortable, and pilled. The cushions don't fill out all the corners of the coverings. They never really did fit. I brushed this off at first thinking it's just new and needs time to fill out. We've had it 6 months, and I've come to the conclusion I made an expensive mistake. Havertys isn't what it used to be apparently. Don't make the same mistake I did. Look elsewhere.

Havertys Furniture Company Information