1.38/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Havertys Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

Havertys Furniture Reviews

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

We purchased this expensive recliner in July 2019. There have been recurring problems with the electric footrest extending slight outward at the bottom when no buttons are pushed. It just happens. Two service visits in the last 30 days and they say there is no product defect. Each of the two times they came out, the problem cannot be replicated, therefore, they say there is nothing they can do. I understand Havertys doesn’t stock this chair anymore so, we are just stuck with a car. So much for what they call "Top Drawer" service. Not happy, and I will be calling their customer service every time the problem happens. Ron ** – Frisco, TX

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

One of my grandchildren is asthmatic so I told them no feathers. They said it wasn't but it was. I've fought feathers for about 5 years and all they will do is give me $100 credit on a new sofa. I took it back after a couple of years, and same saleswoman said it WAS duck but since grandson hadn't reacted, they wouldn't let me return it.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

We purchased a sectional couch from Havertys and soon after realized that it would not work for our family, specifically my 83 year old grandmother, who I explained to customer service could literally not even get up from this couch without assistance as it is too low to the ground and the cushions are too soft, offering no support for her to push herself up on. They basically told me “we cannot take it back simply because you no longer want it.” I assist in caring for my grandmother and this couch has become a stressor for our family, and with literally NOTHING wrong with it, just is not working for our family, I believe it’s absolute BS that there’s nothing they can do about it. I’ve seen exceptions made outside of their “three day return policy”. There’s just nothing they WANT to do. I wouldn’t recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

My wife purchased in February a custom made recliner, couch and chair so everything would match. Got it all delivered few month later. Found the right armrest of the chair out of shape, contacted customer service and months later we got another chair. Now we recognized that the fabric on the couch is different to the 2 delivered chairs. Again customer service - "we send you another chair," this number 3 chair was still the same fabric than the two before, wouldn't match the couch and didn't got in the house, again customer service - they send us a new couch and chair. The couch did not get unloaded from their truck because it had the same fabric than the 3 chairs and number 4 chair was not even on the truck because they found a hole in it.

Done with Havertys. Have been told to get a refund for this 3 purchased items, but now their manager will refuse the recliner, now that piece of ** wouldn't match any other piece of furniture which we want to buy. All this is not our fault and maybe not Havertys, it must be their manufacturer's fault and we should pay for this? October 09 2019.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I have never been more disappointed with furniture quality as I am with Haverty's. I purchased over $15,000 in living room, dining room, area rugs, and kitchen furniture. It took 4 trips to just deliver my items, the coffee table was crushed, the area rug bent, the end table scratched. I purchased the expensive Guardsman insurance because I have pets and children. The area rug was stained by a pen, it took Guardsman over 6 weeks to send someone out to my home, only to be told because I tried to clean up the mess the repair tech couldn't touch it. Eventually I got a new rug but to have the new rug covered under warranty I had to pay $99 for the coverage again.

My kitchen table is made out of a whiskey type barrel. The slats are separating within the metal band and it is now a wobbly table. The Haverty's delivery person put the top on the table originally. Guardsman says they won't cover it because it's under a year old so I have to have Haverty's repair it. My light almost white colored recliner has some type of staining on the seat, not sure from what but it will not come off. The leather on the head rest is starting to flake and where the stitching is the color is gone. The flaking is a concern because I was told it's a 100% leather in that area not bonded leather, since when does leather flake? Again Haverty's has to come out because it is under a year old.

The area rug in my dining room is coming unraveled at the corners. The dining room table and chairs are supposed to be wood but there is a nick in the "wood" and it certainly doesn't seem like wood at all. There is not one single thing that we purchased from Haverty's that has not had an issue. I would not recommend this furniture to anyone. I should have gone to La-Z-Boy for my recliner and reclining sofa.

I would not recommend Guardsman either because they do not process claims quickly and fail to keep the consumer informed, but if you are buying the expensive low quality crap furniture from Haverty's you need it insured so you have no choice. The sales person and designer in store were nice. I was given a small gift certificate to use in store due to all the delivery issues we had but of course I do not want any more of their crap made furniture and the gift certificate expired. If there was a way to rate less than 1 star I would.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Havertys Furniture?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

We purchased 2 custom made accent chair, when we picked them up at the store of Wichita, KS they were securely wrapped, once we unwrapped upon arrival we realized that the back cushion is missing, we called the customer service several times to figure what’s going on, the annoying part was that they never call you to follow up on their employees’ error, also when I called the customer they noted that they emailed us which is not true, they didn’t bother to apologize for the inconvenience. On the other hand, they try to push you to purchase accessories at the store with out me asking. Bottom line, I will never shop at Havertys again. By the way I was forced to pick at least one star to submit my review, quite honestly I didn’t want to pick any star.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I bought insurance in case my leather sofa mechanism and leather suffer damage. The insurance is expensive and they sell you the hype that "if you are not please they will replace it".... Well it has been 3 months that I called the insurance GUARDSMAN to fix a tear in my brand new leather couch and those guys have been toying with me. Never follow up. I have been on the phone for hours (literally) ON HOLD! This company is a disgrace to CUSTOMER SERVICE! I regret buying from Havertys and getting hooked with an insurance that doe not want any responsibility.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

We recently purchased (delivered June, 2019) a leather sofa, love seat and recliner in April, 2019 for over $10,000.00. Each piece has several faded spots and Havertys says the fading or damage is our fault. We do not have any animals or children. We have not used any cleaning agents on this furniture. Havertys states the furniture is warranted for 12 months but their warranty was not honored in our case. I would beware of Havertys and would never purchase anything from Havertys again. This company is not an honorable company and we have been cheated!!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Daughter-in-law recommended I visit Havertys, looking for couch for 4-season porch. I found a beautiful couch, cerulean color. Great staff. Assisted by Anthony **, very pleasant experience. Location Anniston Alabama.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Visit store Coral Springs July, 9th 2019, selected furniture, required to give deposit of $500 and apply for credit card. Informed of delivery July 13th. Delivery showed crack in loveseat and visible staples in loveseat and issue with sofa fabric.. Pictures sent to issue Service Ticket. Seat cushions were wrinkled and told normal. 7/27 tech did repairs to loveseat. 8/6 reported issues with cushions, sofa and loveseat "no sag spring seating" in description. Not even 3 weeks in my home and feeling springs through cushions!

8/8/2019 received a rude call from Sales person advising me that repairs would not be done until I remove dispute with credit card. Rudely, threatening! Manager called and was very rude and refused to PICK UP Furniture. I contacted Corporate Headquarters and was advised they could not authorize a pick up. Customer Svc. Corporate stated Service Tech called in sick and could not service 8/10. Please reschedule. Corporate was told we do not want defected furniture and refused to have it picked up. Sitting on cushions with pillows because of springs! Ridiculous. Will NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! First Time and Last Time.

Havertys Furniture Company Information