1.05/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

185 Havertys Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

We learned our lesson... Never trust Havertys and NEVER trust Guardsman warranty. We were excited to find a rug that went perfectly into our remodel but it didn’t last long. The rug is completely threadbare in many spots. Never have I had a rug that looked like this in less than 2 years. It is a total embarrassment and we are out $500. Nothing anyone can do to help! Save yourself time and money and find another store. Ironically, we have had amazing customer service from Rooms To Go... Go figure!

Resolution response: Nov. 6, 2018

The manager of Haverty's called me on the phone and was very nice. He has resolved my issue and I am much happier.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I bought two leather recliners on Sept. 10, 2018 and within days the leather was puckering and looked stretched. It started on one and then started on the second chair. They are indentions all over these chairs. They are absolute junk. Havertys once had good furniture but now have their own brand and it is junk. I have spoken with their customer service people twice and the first person told me they would give me a refund with a 15% restocking fee. The second person told me they will not give me a review. They have offered two more recliners. What would make them think that two other recliners from their store would be any better? I have asked for a refund which a good store would have gladly refunded. I will never buy anything from them again. They are a terrible store with terrible business practices.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

The first console didn't work. They couldn't repair it so they sent a new console which also didn't work. They are scheduling a repair for the replacement console. It must be a manufacturing issue but yet they continue to send new consoles that don't work instead of just discounting the console and us moving forward.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

We have had this furniture for just over 2 years. 25 months to be exact. It is in a separate room which does not get much activity except for on the holidays. On the sofa (Piedmont RAF Corner Sofa, Mineral) one of the boards in the frame has broken off and you can see it sagging on the underneath of the couch and can feel that it is loose. You can no longer sit on that couch without falling into the seat as there is no spring support. On the other piece of the sectional (Piedmont Armless Loveseat, Mineral) both of the cushions are starting to fall apart at the seams. All of the stitching is coming out.

We purchased the Guardsman protection plan. Havertys customer service has informed me that they do not cover the fabric after one year and do not cover the frame after two years and to contact Guardsman. Upon entering their store to discuss with them the same couch is now being sold with different fabric on it. A much more sturdier fabric it appears. And after talking to a few people in the store you can tell all of them knew exactly what I was talking about when I said that the stitching was coming out on the cushions. In fact another lady walked up and said "you must have purchased the Piedmont sectional. It has a New fabric now."

I spent over 10k at their store on furniture purchases and I believe I spent 2500 on this sectional. Maybe 3000. For this price and considering the company I bought it at I guess I expected it to last a lot longer than two years. For the quality and the service I just received which was poor, I would have expected from another retailer. I will never buy any more furniture from Havertys again. Don't waste your money on this couch nor buy anything from these people. They do not care about you or doing the right thing when they know they sold you a piece of junk. It's a shame I can't attach pictures to this article. They would speak more words than I could possibly have to say.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

As a customer it's very disappointing when you buy a plan to cover your furniture for any type of accidents including stains. When you buy the furniture they tell you that plan covers stains or normal wear and tear. My case is stains, we celebrate my husband birthday with a cake. I have small children and obviously some cake were to get in the chair. I called to schedule a cleaning for the 4 chairs. They send a technician, a young man early 20's no clue what he was doing, he told me that due to the color of the stain chocolate he didn't want to clean them 'cause he was scared the stain would spread out so he was gonna contact Guardsman. Couple of days passed and I didn't hear from them so I called to see what was gonna happened.

First lady answer phone was courteous and she needed to transfer me to another department. Second lady with an attitude obviously the one who has to tell you that there's nothing they can do. 'Cause Guardsman has decided not to cover my cleaning due to the multiple stains on the chair. Multiple yes, 4 chairs so what does Guardsman Protection covers then, if it's food stains. So can with the attitude she didn't gave me a proper solution just told me that Guardsman wasn't gonna clean them and if she could help me with something else. Hello no, I paid $299.99 for a warranty that it's not gonna covers stains. In their fact sheet they even have that they cover bleach stain on fabric. Ohh and of course all food and beverage. But can't clean stains from a cake. Well then what do they cover???? I wish I could upload pictures and their fact sheet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Havertys Furniture?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

This is my third review and still have no satisfaction. My first experience was going into the store with pictures of the chair. All the top coating has come off in many parts. I was never even offered a discount on another chair or piece of furniture. The next day I heard from the manager who said he was sorry and would have someone come and look at it. They scheduled 2 times to come and canceled both times within the 2 hours that they were suppose to show up. So we scheduled for a third time. The man came in and took several pictures. I told him I was the only one that ever sat in the chair. I weigh 135 pounds. He said he would have to show the pictures to someone and they would get back with me because he couldn’t make any decisions.

I got a call no more than 5 minutes later. I think it was the same man that was just at my house calling me from his truck. He went on to say that nothing could be done because it was from the oils on my body. Are you serious? I never sat on the chair with no clothes on and that should have never have happened in the first place if it was a “genuine leather chair.” Their customer service is terrible. I would never buy another piece of furniture from them because they didn’t tell the truth to begin with and then would do nothing to remedy the problem. I will not recommend them to friends or family.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I purchased Cameron leather sofa in 2016. The 1st delivery was defective. The second was ok for about 17 mos. then the cushions started to sink. I called Guardsman, was told only if it was due to an accident would they fix it. Called the Havertys' 888 # and was told nothing they can do. I called the store where I purchased it and the salesman had Havertys restuff the couch. Now 10 mos. later the same thing is happening and headquarters said they would not do anything more. It looks like Havertys products and customer service is no longer worth it.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Spent $3245 for a custom sectional sofa at Havertys Murfreesboro TN. In less than 3 years, the foam in two of the cushions needs replacing. And of course, their Guardsman warranty that the sales team tells you will cover everything. When you get the warranty documents and read them, nothing that could be considered a manufacturers' defect is covered.

We have two other sofas in our house, both much older. One from Rooms to Go and one from Quality Furniture. Both are still in great shape. Havertys' quality is trash and their warranty is worthless. Don't waste your money. IF you live in the Nashville, TN area, try Sprintz, Quality Furniture, BF Myers, Ashley, or RTG. All have much better quality products than Havertys.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I have experienced the worst customer service with Havertys. I purchased lots of furnitures from Havertys and along with that purchased 5 year gold protection plan. I never used it and when I needed to use it I was told that I can't because I couldn't submit a form on time as I was out of country for emergency. They have lots of excuses to tell me that I can't use the service that I have purchased. I called them many times with no luck as they don't care for the customer's purchased products after it's sold. Extremely dissatisfied with their customer service.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Purchased the Atlas power recliner couch and love seat set. The "Follow your Truck Delivery" feature did not work. First delivery arrived an hour later than the time I was asked to commit to. Both couch and love seat were defective. One side of the couch had a rusted motor. The love seat had a tear. Second delivery arrived 2.5 hrs after the time I was asked to commit to. Again, the "Follow your Truck Delivery" feature did not work. I called to find out why the truck had not arrived and no one was able to figure out the problem.

When the delivery arrived 2.5 hrs later, the couch was damaged in the truck and the exchanged love seat was also defective. The motor on both seats of the love seat crackled. Spoke with customer service and the manager, Michelle, at the Towson Town Center Haverty's about the poor experience and requested a full refund. Clearly, quality control is non-existent. Haverty's picked up the couch set within two days, but would not refund my full amount at one time. Currently, Haverty's is holding part of my refund. Haverty's even sent me a letter stating they were holding part of my refund with no explanation as to WHY. There is no excuse for the company to hold my money. The manager has not been helpful in facilitating my refund.

Original review: July 22, 2018

In June 2018 we purchased a bed, Stearns and Foster. We paid over $3200 for this bed. At which time we laid on the bed in the showroom, and it was obvious the mattress that they delivered was not the one in which we chose. We were informed to lose sleep for 30 days to try the bed out. At the end of the 30 days, we were then able to turn the mattress back in and get another mattress. But, of course we had to spend an additional $400 to pick up another mattress.

We went back to the same Havertys, tested three or four beds. And was informed the one we chose have been on the showroom floor for approximately a week or so. This bed was very comfortable and we were willing to spend an additional $400 to have a good night sleep after 30 days of no sleep on the most uncomfortable bed I’ve ever laid on. We chose a A Sealy Tempur-Pedic cool gel queen size bed. The first night or two the bed was OK, but now we’re at 30 days and it appears to become more and more firm as you sleep on it. We reached out to the sales person was directed us to the corporate office. And of course as always, "We understand, but there’s nothing we can do," per the corporate office. We stated that we do not feel that the mattress that we laid on again was the same mattress that was delivered to our home.

I feel, there needs to be some kind of investigation done. In no way can I bed that’s in the showroom be extremely comfortable and then once delivered to your home is absolutely horrible. So we are now going on 60 days with no sleep having to get up and sleep on the leather couch after spending almost $4000. We are in the process of requesting our money back for the mattress. Not to mention we did some research, and found that the mattress in which we purchased is 95% polyurethane which is a biohazard to humans. Since we have had this matter is I’ve done nothing but coughed and be congested and having break out on my face. We reached out explaining that the polyurethane is in fact creating a health issue now so far we’ve heard nothing back and they are not willing to accommodate us whatsoever.

It looks as though maybe a lawyer will be in the works. It is pretty absurd, that customers can pay that kind of money and be unsatisfied with the furniture that they have purchased and Havertys is not willing to do anything at all to make it right. They have the money and we have a poor product. Not to mention how is it legal for beds to be made with polyurethane which is hazardous to a person's health?

Original review: July 17, 2018

Sectional - You have to be careful when cleaning their leather or the color will come off. Guardsman protection plan is worthless. Foam started sinking in as soon as we got it, when it came apart, Guardsman people told us it was worn out while still in warranty.

Original review: July 16, 2018

These people report clients to the Credit Bureau, just for skipping ONE MONTH! This is unbelievable!! I was surprised when I check my credit score and see it. I paid May in June, and June was paid with July together, two days after that payment, I paid my last two months IN ADVANCE, which means I paid in July, the bills corresponding to August and September, and even so, they refuse to fix it. This is the second time I buy furniture there, and the LAST ONE TOO!! They don't want to understand that people sometimes don't pay because they can't. Lot of things happen constantly, and everyone does the best they can to meet debts.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We have a bought a very expensive sectional (Regis) the Regency collection in the color pewter and we had so many issues. It had so much damage and defects!!! We had it returned and replaced 6 times and had less than 3 months and it's already peeling and unthreading!

Original review: June 8, 2018

After only one year a love seat purchased at Havertys developed an area where the material started to bubble up and eventually split. Had a tech come out from Guardsman who explained to me that the material was man made and not actually leather. I didn't realize Havertys sold fake leather furniture. A replacement part was ordered and the tech that was to install noticed the color was different. So now I have a sofa and couch made from fake leather and the loveseat with a different shade than the original. I was told that Havertys is likely not to do anything with this situation. I had gone to Havertys to purchase good quality furniture and was completely surprised they sell synthetic leather which I could of purchased less at Marlo's or Value Furniture. Very disappointed!!

Original review: May 22, 2018

The sofa we bought was supposed to arrive in a week. It arrived several weeks late, and had a damaged leg (which we just lived with because... several weeks).

We also purchased their "anything happens, we'll replace it" warranty. Within two years, seams on the cushions started to split. We filed a claim, heard nothing for a few weeks. Following up, we were told our claim was 'denied,' that it was 'normal wear and tear.' I've had sofas for twenty years and not had a seam split. THE FURNITURE IS GARBAGE AND THE WARRANTY IS USELESS.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I had 2 accent chairs for the living room custom made for $900 each. They were delivered and the first time I sat in one, I knew they were **! The frame was clearly felt - your butt sort of sunk into a square frame - the springs squeaked and the arms were so flimsy that you could feel the wood and wiggle the whole arm.

I was told all custom orders were not returnable or refundable. I put the chairs in a guest room and went to a local company and had custom leather club chairs made (they are exquisite!!) for $100 LESS.

Furthermore, the bar stools we ordered came broken and the “warranty” we paid $700 for and they wouldn’t even see them to check if they were fixable. They denied our claim without any visit or pictures. We have never sat on them. The custom leather sectional ripped along the seam after 4 months. Havertys took no blame and the warranty company again wouldn’t even take a look.

All in all, we spent $11,200 outfitting our new house. The only things we have not had to fix at our own expense are the kitchen chairs but I recovered them myself when the fabric ripped. Please note that we have no pets, no kids and rarely use most of this stuff. It’s literally falling apart all on its own. Skip Havertys AND their worthless warranty people. We’ve talked with at least 4 other people who have had identical issues with both companies.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Purchased 04/19/13 Serta Motion Perfect I series Ceremony Set Queen. PAID: $ 3343.35. The bed adjustable base is working fine. But the most important part of the bed (mattress) of course, which is only 5 yrs old IS CRAP... which has a 10-year warranty. Made a claim, and they came out and checked it. Said: It wasn't bad enough to be replaced yet. But... I could call them to come back, and have it re-checked every 30 days if I wanted to. REALLY?? I thought I'd heard everything, but this is a new one. So all that being said.. before you spend this kind of money for a bed, $ 3343.35, better think again!!! You can buy a lot of mattresses for this kind of money. Dissatisfied... Disappointed.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I purchased a portable LED fireplace from Havertys and when I unplugged it, it wouldn't stop beeping, and now nothing works on it. I sat on hold for 7 hours over 3 days trying to get the manufacturer to help. They could not help and suggested that I start replacing parts. Seriously? I then went to Havertys where I purchased the product. They said they would send a service guy out. Never did. I went back to Havertys again and they said they will have to charge me for the service call. OK!!! Just work with me to get this brand new hunk of junk working again. Charge me. Okay.

They never sent a guy out. I contacted my salesman, who is now retired, and he contacted the company and was assured that someone would look into this. No one is doing anything. I can't even pay someone to come out!!! Never shop there! They sell JUNK and then won't do anything to help resolve anything! I'm really upset. I am buying a new house and will need tons of new furniture. Guess where I WON'T be shopping!!

Original review: March 15, 2018

Do not trust delivery staff. My diamond engagement ring was stolen during delivery of furniture. Havertys has refused to respond to this situation even with the involvement of the police. I will never shop there again as it is clear that the dollar not the customer is the most important thing to Havertys. If these guys show up at your house Beware of your valuables.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Purchased Berkley Entertainment Wall System from Havertys Store on Satellite Blvd, Duluth, GA March 08, 2018. Delivery scheduled for Tuesday, March 13, 2018 between 0800 hrs and 1000 hrs. Delivery truck arrived approximately 0900 hrs - on time. Drivers courteous and friendly. HOWEVER - The Entertainment Console that was shipped was defective - did not include the feet to be screwed on. A hole was missing to screw the feet into the console. Driver was going to transfer the feet from the Left Pier unit but there was no hole predrilled hole for the attachment.

ALSO - driver told me there was a "pink ticket" on the console which meant this was already a "used and returned furniture item". I went straight to the store but other than writing it up on the computer they were no help. So far NO call from any manager or Customer Service rep to schedule re-delivery of a "new replacement console and hutch". I will never buy anything from Havertys again. Trust me when I say the CEO is 'WAY OVERCOMPENSATED" for the job he is doing with this company. Hell - even Rooms-To-Go is better than this. I paid $2949.97 for this unit. Most likely going back to store today and just cancel order altogether.

Original review: March 6, 2018

We purchased an expensive set of furniture from Havertys in November 2013, including a Winchester Glider Recliner, a Loveseat and Sofa, they recommended to purchase a 5-year furniture protection Guardsman Gold Plan, costing $299.99 which (we were told at the time of purchase) would cover any defects or accidental happening to the furniture. The coverage is good until November 2018. My wife and I primarily use the Love Seat to watch TV. After a couple of year of usage, we started to notice that the brown color was fading away and got worse over time to the point it is now a eye sore to look at it. We contacted Guardsman and send them our claim and picture of the defect in the Loveseat, after about a week, they contacted us and said that they did not cover this type of damage, it is more of a Manufacturer's defect and recommended for us to check with Havertys.

We went to the Havertys store where we purchased the furniture and showed them the paperwork and pictures we submitted to Guardsman. The Manager looked at the information and said that Guardsman should have handled the claim, and instructed his Customer Service person to contact their service department and have them review the information which they had received from Guardsman. The next day we received a call from the service department stating that they will be back with us soon with an answer. We received a call back a few days later stating that they no longer made this type of furniture and did not have the replacement parts to fix it, so they apologized and said there was nothing they can do.

We argued the fact that the warranty they sold us was supposed to cover any damage or blemish on the furniture, and if there was nothing they could do to repair the Loveseat, they should replace it or at least refund the warranty cost since it is worthless. The Customer Service person said to wait a minute to see if her Manager could speak to us about it, but he told her he did not want to speak with us, so there was nothing more she could do about our complaint and ended the conversation at such point. I will never purchase anything else from Havertys, they do not stand behind their furniture quality nor the fake protection agreement which they sell to cover their furniture.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My husband and I are so disappointed in the hutch and dining room table we bought from Havertys. We received our furniture January 18. The bottom of the hutch had a big scrape on it and the table had a bubble with a big scrap. Not acceptable. Took pictures and they came and replaced both pieces. The new tabletop we left the leaf in (mistake). After having a dinner party, I asked my husband to take it out. After it was out, it would not close. Was not lined up. The base had a big scrape we hadn't noticed before. Another guy came to see it and patched up the scrape on the base. We're still waiting on the table top (three weeks later). AND the bottom shelf on the hutch will not let plates stand in the slat. We purchased (stupid) the warranty. Well, if they sprayed the chairs and put a finish on the table, wouldn't they see the defects? We are very disappointed in our purchase and would never buy from them again!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I was looking for a dining room table and chairs and was elated when I found a beautiful piece at the Havertys Melbourne. They had said it was a special order and could take up to 12 weeks for delivery. I said that would be fine considering it was a custom set. The table and 4 chairs were delivered right around 12 weeks. The only problem was I was still missing 2 chairs. They communicated it would be another 4-6 weeks on the chairs. 1 chair was delivered 4 weeks later. I am still without a chair. When I called the store they stated someone forgot to put in the order.

It has been 6 months that I have been waiting. The woman manager from the store called me back in December and said it would be the first week of January. To my great surprise the chair never showed up. So again I called and they never returned my call. Finally, after diligently calling the store the sales associate called me back and apologized. He said it would be delivered January 18th or the 21st. Again, to my surprise I still have no chair. Do yourself a favor and stay away from these crooks.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I purchased a sleeper sofa from Havertys, Port Charlotte, FL on 9/24/17. Also paying extra from an upgraded gel mattress, rather than the mattress which comes standard. Around 11/23 ish, the sleeper sofa was delivered, but with the wrong mattress. I received the standard generic mattress, not the gel upgrade for which I paid extra. 12/12/17 Was my next delivery date scheduled--once again the wrong mattress. This time a blow-up mattress was delivered and returned. I was told by the delivery guy not to worry "someone from the store would straighten it out" and call me to reschedule. Well no one called me. I called them on 12/14, 12/15 and 12/16 and was told each time "the store had not ordered the gel mattress yet".

I2/18 I called again and was told "someone in upper management was reviewing the mix-up". Someone would contact me. Still no call from Havertys, but I continued to call them inquiring when I could expect delivery. 12/22 My next supposed delivery date, but sometime mid morning I received a call from someone in customer service stating "the gel mattress arrived at the store dirty". So it had to be returned and reordered. My delivery date needed to be rescheduled. 12/27/17 Yet another delivery date and finally the expensive gel mattress I purchased finally arrived. This was my first purchase with Havertys and it will definitely be my last. Havertys' gross disregard for customer service has soured me of ever doing business with them again!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Do not buy your furniture here if you think anything could happen to it within 5 years. It has been less than 4 years and I had a few issues so I went online and submitted a claim just after the holidays, the claim asks when the issue or damage happened, Well as all know things just happen over some time, but since I had to put a date I said 19 days prior (Dec 15) to the date I submitted which was Jan 4th, well I was denied based on the fact that I did not submit the claim within 5 days of the date the damage occurred. That is BS! If I could I would only give them a 1/2 star if that they even had the gall to say since I moved out of state my claim was denied too> WTF.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I've purchased several sets of furniture from this store right before the store close down. Within a year from the purchased date I've noticed lint on all of the dining chairs and sofas. As soon you seat on the sofa it goes down, feels like a 20 year old sofa. Every few days I have to tighten the screws for the dining chairs. I have purchased sofas from Grand Home Furnishing (at least 12 years ago) and paid half of the amount what I've paid at Havertys and they are still in great shape. My friend also purchased some furniture sets from Havertys and they are also facing the same issues like mine. What a waste of money.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I have had my couch, chair and ottoman for 4 months and it looks like it is two or three years old. Sinks in when you sit, not comfortable even though it seemed to be in the showroom. Please don't waste your money on the Guardsman guarantee. It cost 250.00 and took me 3 months of asking to even get a copy, but it didn't matter. My chair was ruined only a week after the delivery, The salesman assured us if anything happened to the furniture, Guardsman guarantees it will be replaced with a new piece if they are unable to make it right. They sent out a hateful man who very quickly cleaned part of the chair. When I reported to them that the odor was still there, all they would ever do was to send one cushion cover that took weeks to even get here. I definitely would not recommend Havertys Furniture and buying a Guardsman Guarantee is a total waste of money.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Two years ago we purchased a very expensive recliner from Havertys and recently a spring in the back cushion appears to have become broken or detached from the frame. Havertys stated that since their structural warranty on the recliner is only for ONE year they would not cover the repair. However, they were kind enough to offer the phone number for independent repair service. So much for the Havertys claimed quality and 'Customer Satisfaction'. I will NEVER purchase any item from them again and I will tell all my friend about their product quality and services.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

We moved into a newly built home. After months of research we ordered a number of pieces of furniture from Havertys. We were excited to receive our furniture. When we got our delivery and 7 out of 8 pieces came in damaged. Server lower bottom drawer was smashed in. Dining room chairs had holes in them and scratches. The two bookcases were of poor quality and came in damaged. Excessive stain on one shelf and a lack of stain and damage to the back plate on the other unit, One end table came in damaged. A defect in finish.

They sent out their service person and we were told the dining room chairs were supposed to have pinholes in them, part of the natural look. We insisted the scratches and holes in the chairs to be fixed and they were. Told us we would have to have the bookshelves replaced. Not in stock. Not expected in until the end of November and also had to replace the server and end table. Still awaiting delivery. Since then the other end tables finish did not hold up well. The end table lamps have a rough finish, on the bottom, without velvet, and scratched the table top.

The last straw was the Jennings Electric Fireplace and TV Stand. We loved it until the fireplace started to make a strange noise where the fireplace was turned on. Now we have to contact Havertys customer service department again and hope that we will not be cast adrift to fend for ourselves. We have had to stay home three times to deal with delivery, service and redelivery issues. So much for Top Drawer Delivery Service. Half the issues could have been resolve by a quality check before leaving the distribution center, before leaving the truck, or when placed in the house. We question quality of product and service. In all of our years we never experienced anything like this. It is sad because we really liked what we picked but in the long run may have made a costly decision.

Havertys Furniture Company Information