2.9/5 (49 ratings)

About Havertys Furniture

Havertys Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Havertys Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Havertys Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

**Manufacturer's warranty is a scam! Quality is Poor. **Added Protection doesn't cover damage due to poor quality product. I purchased a Harmony Grand Sofa that has shown signs of defect on the woven fabric Since delivery on 11/27/21: Color fastness/rubbing (27 days from Del) and Severe fraying Edges (38 days From del). Normally, manufacturers have product components undergo performance testing on upholstered fabrics to ensure product longevity. Typically colorfastness to crocking is one of the Tests that are performed. Unfortunately, according to customer service, this kind of defect is not a manufacturer responsibility... on a finished product that will definitively deal with rubbing/making contact with other fabrics!

This situation Is telling of the lack of integrity of this company…Other companies (like Ikea) have all their testing info online to ensure the product you're buying is of a certain quality. There is too much secrecy here. I even got in contact with their corporate office to get a straight answer and got stonewalled. The icing on the cake...customer service is the absolute worst! They only read off of a script and you feel completely Used and ignored. Go anywhere but here. They have no Integrity, The quality is bad and corporate office doesn't do right by their customers. Their only priority is sales.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

Havertys raised their prices in the middle of a sale, then refused to honor the original price. (I have photographic evidence.) HIGHLY unethical. I will no longer do business with them. Pity for them, as I am building a new house and need to furnish it.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

We had a bad experience. They changed the delivery of sofa 5 times. We wasted lot of time. We paid the delivery charges. We waited and waited had to take time off from work every time. Very unreliable. Do not waste your time.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

So I was browsing Havertys Furniture's website for a new Sofa. They has a 36 months no interest financing so I decided to apply. I completed the information then it asked me to call a toll free phone number. I called as was told. I needed to go to another website, take a picture of of driver's license plus, get this, take a 5 second or 5 minute video of myself before they could process my application. Why would I be STUPID to upload my personal identification to some website to get compromised, and a video!! I have NEVER heard of a such. I flat out told her I'm not sending my identification to some website, would it be easier if I went into the store and applied, she said it would be the same process. Then she asked if I wanted her to process my application without uploading my information, I said yes, then she said I was not approved.

I applied with Ashley Furniture 36 months "No Interest" finance and was approved for $10,0000.00. Havertys Furniture, I think your bias demands warrant an investigation. After reading your 1.3 STAR rating, I'm perfectly glad you denied me credit, but guess what, I will be filing a BBB complaint for ruining my credit score because of my refusal of your unethical demand. They already knew I wasn't gonna be approved for not providing a video of myself, upload my ID and denied my right to visit their store to complete my application and show proof of my identity in person to avoid being compromised.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Very unsatisfied. Delivered furniture I didn't pick. Called and called. Management never returned my calls. Never going back. Year 2020 I talked to salesperson and he said he would talk to manager about this and that the manager would call me and I'm still waiting for call. Now we are in November of 2021.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

We purchased a leather recliner sofa from Havertys in Feb. of 2021 and it was ready in June 2021. We picked it up from the store and it sits in the middle of our living room where it does not touch any walls or other furniture. We have no children or pets in the home, only 2 elderly people with no roughhousing going on. We noticed after 3 months that the 2 back corners have peeling leather on them. There is absolutely no way we could have caused this damage. It is simply peeling off as if it was too tightly installed on them.

When calling the customer service we sent in pictures and filed a claim. We were told that it was an in home damage and there is nothing they will do to fix it. We called the store to see if we could return it. There is only a 3 day return policy. This was a $3,000.00 sofa that looks cheap and old after only 3 months of use. Extremely dissatisfied customers and to top it off it turned out to be the most uncomfortable couch we have ever sat on. We kept hoping that it would be more comfortable as it got worn in, We were wrong about that and should have returned it immediately. Buyer BEWARE! We usually check reviews on large purchases before we buy but this one slipped through on us without checking first. We regret that very much now. All their reviews are pretty bad. Hope we can save someone else from going thru the headaches we are experiencing now.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

In August 2016 we lost our furniture due to a flood. In October 2017 I purchased from Havertys in Baton Rouge two Forest Lane drawer nightstands, the dresser, chest and bed. I complained to the company about the smell on the inside of the drawers and was told the odor would fade. After many conversations with the company they replaced the dresser but it had the same odor. Four years later the odor in the drawers has not faded. Very disappointing to put on an item of clothing and it has a funky smell to it. I don't even use the drawers in the chest. I will never again buy from Havertys. Hope this helps someone from making the same mistake as I did.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

We ordered the sofa in January of 2020. The sofa is finally scheduled for delivery in November of 2021. It took almost one year for the sofa to be delivered. Even given the issues with supply and staffing this wait is not acceptable. While there was regular communication we were given date after date after date for estimated ETA. None of these were even remotely reliable. While Paul was polite and good to work with and I believe he tried what he could. I will not be purchasing furniture from Havertys in the future.

Update. Unfortunately during delivery damaged was done to our home. The delivery team did not put down a mat to protect the hardwood flooring. Two of the employees attempted to brute force push the sofa through the front door. This resulting in chipping and scratching of the front door and hardwood floor and denting and scratching of the door frame.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

My wife and I bought a dining room server. Three weeks after we had it we paid it off. It was $962. We paid all but $62.99 of it. We saw a matching dining room set that we like to have but Havertys or Synchrony Bank would not approve me twice. We tried for Teva. They would not approve. So I called the store to see if they took Visa and they said they didn’t. I feel like I was treated unfairl. Returning the server.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I purchased $7500 worth of furniture from Havertys in Maryland. Within the first 10 months, I had to ask for a return of three pieces because the upholstery was unraveling. I was given authorization to replace all three pieces. Two of the three they refunded because there was nothing like them to replace it. Apparently, you are given 20 days to order a replacement or you void your return. For the record, they don’t tell you this until the 20 days have passed.

Additionally, I had a sofa and ottoman that started unraveling 13 months after I had it and they would not do anything to assist me. The Guardian furniture protection would not help me because they don’t reupholster furniture, so I am stuck with a piece of junk for furniture. This furniture is priced like mid level furniture, but it is actually cheap junk. The customer service is a bad as the furniture! I will never shop at Havertys again. SAVE YOURSELF SOME MONEY AND BUY CHEAP FURNITURE!!! I would give them no star but that is not an option. BUYER BEWARE!

Havertys Furniture Company Information