3.8/5 (262 ratings)

About Havertys Furniture

Havertys Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Havertys Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Havertys Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

In August 2016 we lost our furniture due to a flood. In October 2017 I purchased from Havertys in Baton Rouge two Forest Lane drawer nightstands, the dresser, chest and bed. I complained to the company about the smell on the inside of the drawers and was told the odor would fade. After many conversations with the company they replaced the dresser but it had the same odor. Four years later the odor in the drawers has not faded. Very disappointing to put on an item of clothing and it has a funky smell to it. I don't even use the drawers in the chest. I will never again buy from Havertys. Hope this helps someone from making the same mistake as I did.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

We ordered the sofa in January of 2020. The sofa is finally scheduled for delivery in November of 2021. It took almost one year for the sofa to be delivered. Even given the issues with supply and staffing this wait is not acceptable. While there was regular communication we were given date after date after date for estimated ETA. None of these were even remotely reliable. While Paul was polite and good to work with and I believe he tried what he could. I will not be purchasing furniture from Havertys in the future.

Update. Unfortunately during delivery damaged was done to our home. The delivery team did not put down a mat to protect the hardwood flooring. Two of the employees attempted to brute force push the sofa through the front door. This resulting in chipping and scratching of the front door and hardwood floor and denting and scratching of the door frame.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

My wife and I bought a dining room server. Three weeks after we had it we paid it off. It was $962. We paid all but $62.99 of it. We saw a matching dining room set that we like to have but Havertys or Synchrony Bank would not approve me twice. We tried for Teva. They would not approve. So I called the store to see if they took Visa and they said they didn’t. I feel like I was treated unfairl. Returning the server.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I purchased $7500 worth of furniture from Havertys in Maryland. Within the first 10 months, I had to ask for a return of three pieces because the upholstery was unraveling. I was given authorization to replace all three pieces. Two of the three they refunded because there was nothing like them to replace it. Apparently, you are given 20 days to order a replacement or you void your return. For the record, they don’t tell you this until the 20 days have passed.

Additionally, I had a sofa and ottoman that started unraveling 13 months after I had it and they would not do anything to assist me. The Guardian furniture protection would not help me because they don’t reupholster furniture, so I am stuck with a piece of junk for furniture. This furniture is priced like mid level furniture, but it is actually cheap junk. The customer service is a bad as the furniture! I will never shop at Havertys again. SAVE YOURSELF SOME MONEY AND BUY CHEAP FURNITURE!!! I would give them no star but that is not an option. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

$6000 for our home we lost in Hurricane Dorian which we just finally moved into after two very long hard years. The couch after being sat in for less than a week is wrinkled and leather loosened making it look years old. Havertys told me they stand by their product but they don’t seem to want to help. It’s amazing considering how many #hurricanedoriansurvivors purchased furniture from them after the storm. #Havertys… Where is your heart and customer service??? Update Manager of Boca store called basically demanding I remove my reviews! I told him his store sells this couch as well so customers should be aware.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Order sofa last year in August 2020 delivered in January 2021, the contract you sign says 8 weeks. Call the store, sofa was poorly constructed. Sent pictures. They finally agreed to exchange. Order another sofa April, as of this date still no delivery, 9/2021 now I am told a new date 11/2021. Talk to store manager, I am told that it's the vendor's fault not the store. Will never shop Havertys.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

We have been customers since 03/2015 and am disappointed with the quality of some of the products. My first disappointment came when I got a Scottsdale Cocktail Trunk, it took me a few years and realized that it was not assembled right, I called and they basically said not our problem anymore. I should have taken the queue and never come back.

Now I notice that my dining room chairs (ARDEN RIDGE PARSONS CHAIR) the material is cracking and looks horrible. And the 5 year protection plan just expired and again they said it's not their problem. The same happened with the Devin 30 bar stools. Buyers beware the quality after 5 years is bad. I currently have an order close to $4000.00 that I am cancelling. I understand how warranty works but I don't understand is why you don't take care of your customers, when my customers are in the same situation we always look for a win win solution. To the Havertys gurus, there are a lot more furniture companies out there. You have some amazing things, what you don't have a customer retention plan.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Sofa was delivered in good shape but less than 3 months, the cushions began to wear and fabric started to bead or Pearl. I called Havertys, and they sent me replacement cushion covers. When I put the covers on, they did not fit. They were too big for the cushions. Now I have a sofa that will eventually start wearing again and the sofa looks very unkempt with too large covers on them. Don't buy the Destination sofas. Big disappointment!

Original review: June 23, 2021

My wife purchased furniture from Haverty’s in March 2021 and it still hasn’t been delivered. The dates continue to change to a later date. No end in sight, to date. I have read other reviews about their delivery issues.

Original review: May 21, 2021

We ordered a sofa and 2 chairs in early November 2020. As of May 21, 2021 we have received only promises. This sucks. The furniture was promised for delivery in March. We constantly receive calls that have moved the delivery to June 2021

Original review: April 9, 2021

I paid top $$ for a sofa and recliner with the 5 year protection plan (that's a joke). After only 10 months we have had problems with the recliner so we put a claim in. It took them several months to answer our claim due to covid which in my opinion is a cop out for every business you deal with right now. They sent a tech out and told us the part had to be ordered. So we waited and waited, ok we get an email again several months later stating the part is no longer manufactured.

REALLY! So they offered to replace the chair or we could take a payout (which was 1/4 of what we paid for it) and keep the chair. Either way you no longer have a covered extended warranty on that piece of furniture for the remaining 4 years. (Of which I paid for a 5 year warranty.) So that's telling me if I have a problem with my couch they're not going to have the part either! I will never purchase anything from Havertys Furniture again, they are over priced and don't stand behind the quality of their furniture. Do yourself a favor and do not purchase ANYTHING from them.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I purchase sectional sofa on 2/6/2021 and arrived 3/12/2021. Right side sofa had damage foot and fabric on center piece was loose and left side sofa did not align with with center piece. There was a problem with each piece. Havertys issued replacement and when 2nd delivery arrived on 4/2/2021 same issue even worse. Left side was lower so did not connect again. Sectional sofas should not have gaps. You can see where fabric was not put together correctly and used glue to put fabric together. I requested inspection on 2nd delivery but it is obvious inspection was not done or they would not have delivered defected sofa. I recommend if you do not like your purchase send it back and ask for your money back or you're stuck with it. No refunds once you keep it even if they promise to correct issue.

Original review: March 31, 2021

We purchased three tables and a sofa a little over a month ago from the Mesquite store. The sofa is back ordered until the end of May. When the tables arrived, one was wrapped but the other two were not. One of them has a chip in it. We called and were told we had to schedule an appointment for someone to look at it. Almost a month later, when the day arrived, we were called and told the person was not working today and we were pushed back until April 21.

Obviously, if we can't get someone out to just look at a chip, we are smart enough to cancel our sofa which has a lot of electrical parts to it. It could be broken for a long time before they bothered to uphold their warranty. The table just should have been replaced. When you sell bad goods, a decent company makes it right. Staff at Mesquite is wonderful but they don't have the company backing to make shopping there worth the risk. All of our furniture is from this store; however, we will have to find another company to buy from.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Last year I purchase two items. One sofa that I still keep and have not used very often. It is manufactured in China with the worst materials and worst labor. I regret to have purchased from this company that advertised as a top quality company. Pure Chinese junk. Same can be said of the recliner that I have purchased from them. I wanted to return the items but when I read the bill it said that I only have THREE DAYS after delivering. It is not possible to know the quality of the product in three days especially when you do not sit on them all day. I regret the purchase and the only thing I can do is to warn other buyers not to make the same mistake I have made. Beware of this Chinese junk. Buy your furniture some other place!!!

Original review: March 25, 2021

I bought $11,000 worth of furniture back in December 2020. I was told it would be delivered March 11th 2021 and if that date changed the salesperson told me she would let me know. I was never called nor was the furniture delivered on that date. I called Havertys asking the time when the furniture would be delivered as I was at home waiting for delivery. The salesperson was extremely unprofessional and condescending explaining to me that it was ETA and preceded to tell me what ETA meant. As I reminded her that she was to call me if the date of delivery was changed. The salesperson should consider another line of profession if being professional or handling customers is not her forte. It is almost April and still it has not been delivered nor have I been called by Havertys. I will never buy from this company again. Once they have your money, don't expect them to lift a finger to help you after the contract is signed.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I bought 2 recliners, special ordered. Once we picked up the furniture got it home, after a couple months it looked 5 yrs old. Material was loose. They replaced cushion but it did not correct the problem. When I contacted them they said, "Sorry that’s regular wear and tear." The worst customer service I have ever had.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

We purchased a couch and loveseat from Havertys almost 5 years ago and purchased the Gold plan after our sales person--JoAnn **--explained the benefits. We had an issue w/ the frame and had a service call. Based on the issue, Havertys issued a purchase order to replace the damaged sofa along with the loveseat (they were a matching set which was no longer available). We had amazing service in the store from JoAnn and we could not believe how fast and smooth the process was. We are so glad Havertys offers a warranty like this and they made it right in a very timely fashion. Samantha at the check out desk was very friendly and helpful in her service as well. Jo Ann followed up with us after the new furniture arrived to make sure we were happy with our purchase. The customer service and lack of pressure to buy make us happy to shop at this Havertys.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

We purchased a lighted display cabinet. It was delivered broken, two trips to the store and 3 broken promises later, still no appointment to fix the problem. VERY POOR AFTER THE SALE CUSTOMER SERVICE. We recommend you shop elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Over the last 2 weeks we've visited numerous furniture stores/outlets looking for that just right piece for our living room. When we visited the Havertys on Glenwood we were greeted and had the opportunity to work with Shalini **. Her professionalism, product knowledge and customer service made our decision easier than expected. I would highly recommend you request her as we will for any additional purchases in the future.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

We purchased a not so inexpensive dining room table from Havertys Furniture. We waited a few months for delivery and setup. We hadn’t noticed the damaged finished because the blinds were closed at that time but about two months afterwards when the blinds had been open the light reflected off the table and revealed the damage. Since it's a table for six and our grown kids are not here too frequently we hadn’t used the table but a couple of times.

We contacted customer service and they sent a technician out to review. They said the table would need to be returned for repair and set up a scheduled date. When they didn’t show up we contacted them and were told ‘the tech report’ came back with a note saying customer damaged. They refused any additional service or responsibility. It was at that time I checked their reviews online and discovered the unfavorable ratings with consumer affairs. Such a disappointment and extremely frustrating that some businesses choose to do business this way. We can only hope this saves others from having to deal with our experience,

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Lucas leather swivel rocker recliner@$1,000.00 experienced failure of dark brown finish down to the raw hide at headrest and arms as if it was painted on. Color began rubbing off after one year to complete loss after five years of ownership. A properly dyed leather will no do this. The leather on this chair is of the most inferior quality; looks good new - will not in a short time. Havertys, after several store visits and phone calls by me, refuses to stand behind in any fashion what they sell, even after the manufacturer's warranty expires. The recliner is still like new in all other ways so I'll have it restored on my dime and no more of my dimes will go to Havertys. Anyone can sell furniture; it's wise, however, to buy it from those who will service it.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

They were so honest and helpful!!! Everyone from Claudia the salesperson who was amazing!!! The guys who delivered my living room furniture were also great. Every that comes in and sits on them are shocked at how well they are made and they have built-in coasters so there easy to move. I greatly suggest anyone looking for furniture go to Haverty's in Ft. Myers, FL.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

We have made several purchases and referred neighbors. The sales team is wonderful but the management behind the scenes is terrible and not customer friendly. After the purchase delivery is not timely and extremely expensive. Specifically we paid $299 delivery for 6 pieces. One piece was back ordered and not delivered. In the meantime we ordered and paid for two more pieces and asked that they be delivered with the piece that was back ordered. We were told there would be additional delivery charges! After much aggravation and heated discussion our sales person finally figured out a way not to charge us more for adding the purchase (a couple of stools) to our already paid delivery. She was great but it’s unfortunate that there was so much frustration involved!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

A nice leather sectional was delivered missing a part to connect one of the sections. The same day I received a call from a Frank who said the part would be delivered and said he would call me back that day with a timeframe. A month later on tomorrow and still no part. Love the sectional but wish I had the part! Sectional over $3000.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I purchased a Serta Comfort Hybrid mattress less than 2 years ago. SUPPOSEDLY came with a 10 year warranty. The mattress is now starting to sag when you lay down on it. My wife and I are not large or overweight people. This should not be happening. The quality of this mattress is not the same quality as shown on the sales floor. My wife called up and complained about the mattress and they sent a Havertys service rep. He came and ran a string across the mattress and put some little block on the mattress and said it isn't depressed enough. Doesn't matter if you climb in bed and your butt drops 5-6". The test is a joke, just like their warranty. Havertys Service dept representative called me afterwards and said "can't help you". We will find a new mattress to purchase but it DEFINITELY won't be from Havertys. Like I said, their warranty is a joke.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

Over the years we have purchased thousands of dollars worth of furniture from Havertys. No more will we ever spend another dime there. The power plug in our electric recliner broke on June 25, 2020 after only 5 months of use. I filed the claim. Customer Service called me the next day acknowledging the claim and requested evidence. I attached pictures. Three weeks later after 4 calls they advised it was sitting in their Braselton GA warehouse but could not ship due to “Fedex Problems”. They promised to ship once issue resolved. One month later no power plug.

I called CS for status. They advise still can't ship due to Fedex Computer problems. I asked, "Can it ship another way." Answer: "Absolutely Not." I said, "It's just a power plug.... Can't you just put it into an envelope and ship USPS?" Answer: No way. Two more weeks went by. I called to check status. They advised they could order it again and ship Fedex Next Day. I received a shipment next day but it was wrong part. I received the power transformer that goes under the chair.

I again called CS. They apologized and said they needed to reorder. That's the last I heard from them. I have an $800 Power Recliner not able to work since June 25th (2.5 months). Today 9/18/2020 I receive an email from Havertys advising my part will ship October or November. I wonder if that's in 2020. Hmmmm. I have had numerous issues with them over the years but this Tops The Cake. NO MORE HAVERTYS FURNITURE.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Six years ago we moved to Florida. We furnished a good portion of our home at Haverty's. I had back surgery before we moved and already had a queen size Tempurpedic mattress which is great. I told the salesman that I must have a firm mattress. He sold me a king Tempurpedic Cloud, telling me it was a firm mattress. After a month I sent it back saying it must be defective as it was not anywhere near as firm as the queen we had. They sent me a replacement. It also was not firm but I thought it must be me as the salesman (Mr. ** who is no longer there) assured me it was a firm mattress. My back aches have persisted for six years and I just assumed it was for other reasons.

Three weeks ago I went in to the Haverty's in West Palm where I bought it. The salesman (Sal) was very polite and helpful. He filled out a claim form. I received a call from Haverty's and they told me to first work with Tempurpedic directly and if they could not help, the Haverty's would .When I told Tempurpedic which mattress I had they told me that the salesman sold me a soft to medium mattress.

Today I went back to Haverty's. Sal was not there so I was directed to a "manager" by the name of Jared. This poor excuse for a manager told me, without even looking in to the claim, that they would not consider helping, He said, and I quote, "Yes, I'm sorry is all you will get from us." If he were an employee of mine he would have been gone on the spot. He could not have cared less or had less interest in my situation. I gave him and Haverty's one star because no stars is not an option. After spending thousands of dollars there and being treated without an iota of respect or concern I will never shop there again and suggest you look elsewhere if you need a place with good customer service.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I really wanted to love my experience with Havertys. It seems silly but I have fond memories of shopping there with family and getting really great stuff. In fact, my parents still have some things they purchased years ago. The quality has always been known to be excellent. We needed to furnished our new place almost completely because of selling our home furnished. When we went in (early July 2020) due to Covid we were told things could take up to 8 weeks and that ordering anything that wasn’t on the floor (color-wise) would be a customer order.

Therefore, we ordered what we were told was considered in stock and not custom. The bed arrived timely. However, it arrived damaged and my husband tried to negotiate how to resolve it. Before receiving a call back about how it would be resolved delivery of a new headboard came without notice that that’s what it was. We thought they were delivering one of the two sofas we purchased. Ok lack of communication strike one. Fast forward 8 weeks. We called to see the status of our two sofas. We were told the sleeper sofa would be available anytime, but the main sofa had no delivery date. What? So we called the store and we were told that it would not be available until October.

This is a problem because my parents whom I haven’t seen in a year are scheduled to visit at the end of September. Both they and we have been quarantining to as to safely visit. This was not acceptable. The salesman then offered to switch us to the same sofa in a different color that was available. We complied. On date of delivery two movers/employees came and determined it would not fit In the elevator as I was then told “we only have 12 minutes to deliver this, now we will be really behind”. This is a far cry from the white glove delivery service sold to us at the store. They said they’d need another guy to get it upstairs. They did not stop to look at the staircase which is quite large and spacious for moving.

My husband called customer service who told him to send pictures of the staircase to be reviewed by the manager to approve getting the sofa up this way. He’d be contacted in 48 hours. 24 hours passed the 48-hour mark and no call. At that point, my husband calls and also wants to know the status of the sleeper sofa. Now we are told that 1. No one has reviewed the pictures and 2. The sleeper sofa now is not coming until October when we kept hearing it was coming anytime end of August, early September. We asked to speak to the store manager about the sleeper and the store receptionist said, “Well she can’t tell you any more than what I have.” I said my husband just has a few questions. She took my number and end of day, no one called back.

Then, on the phone with customer service regarding the sleeper we asked what the process is for a refund and they proceed to tell us that’s not possible because the sleeper is a custom order. No, it’s not because the salesman said it was not. No solution there. My husband was then again told that the pictures for the main sofa would be reviewed and to call again tomorrow. That will be tomorrow 9-11-2020. We might have to hire movers to get the sofa if they determine they can’t deliver. It’s 3 or 4 cities over to do this. Havertys may have have been a great company 15 years ago but to date I see nothing but lack of customer service. Covid 19 or not.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Stopped in store on Hurstbourne and before leaving had purchased two chairs, three sofas, coffee table and rug totaling several thousand dollars. Paid for in full and was given scheduled delivery dates. None of the delivery dates were met and after 3 months, am told no delivery date can be given. Cancelled portion of order earlier and remainder after this news. No follow up from store or salesperson. Always had to reach out to find out status. Realize now, we gave Havertys an interest free loan! Never again. Their final suggestion? Cancel, which we did! Very disappointing experience. No care about impact on customer.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

After 4 week wait for delivery of the floor sample, I got a partial yesterday. 2 pillows est $100 not received. Then waited all day today for delivery of a $500 table. Salesperson wouldn’t call back. Couches unpacked inside trailer and cushions thrown on trailer floor without protection. Large grease spot on couch. Now the delivery recording states September 16th for other delivery despite the fact that crew from day before confirmed table delivery today. Another 2 days wasted. They immediately took full cash payment, of course, they insisted on it. Customer is screwed all around. Bought floor model because I was assured quick delivery. $300 extra charge for top-shelf delivery! Don’t blame a pandemic. Blame people who just care about money and their commission. 6:30 pm day 2 still nothing.

Havertys Furniture Company Information