Havertys Furniture

• 5%
  • 12%
  • 48%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Havertys Furniture?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Havertys Furniture?
    Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed March 10, 2024

Part 1. Our first experience with Havertys was the Blue Ridge Table and 4 chairs. When it was delivered and we opened it for the first time, the slide underneath was cracked. Immediately, I sent a photo and Havertys scheduled a new table to be delivered. Keep in mind this was on for quite some time because we were up to number NINE, when I pumped the brakes. You can't make this up. Literally, the table sent were a disgrace. Either they were built in a farmhouse, destroyed in transportation, or totally mishandled. We decided to keep the first one and got the slide fixed.

Part 2. We had decided to give Havertys another try. We ordered the 41" Destination Sofa in a Grey Cloth, and added 2" to the height. With that order 2 chairs and an 8 X 10 area rug. They sent a 47" sofa. Now, that wouldn't have been so bad, but the backs decline so much, you would have to mount the TV on the ceiling. One chair had to be exchange, along with the area rug because the creases/winkles in the rug never eased down. Those 3 products were reordered. The chair was delivered and it was fine as well as the rug. The sofa was reordered, and yes, another 47" sofa was delivered. I called the local store in Palm Harbor and no one answered. I took a drive over and brought a cushion with me. They were in the store, but no one believed this would happen. What they didn't know was that I brought the cushion with me. Yes, it was the 47" sofa. They reordered.

While there, I sat on the 41" sofa again and it was exactly as remembered, quite comfortable especially the back cushion. The product was reordered. Yes, again the 47" sofa was delivered. This happened either one or two more times. Finally, the 41" sofa was scheduled to be delivered and I received a call. Inadvertently, the sofa length was wrong. Instead of an 86" sofa, they had received a 96" sofa. That would be too big for the room. Again, another two months or so to wait for the product. We are heading for about a year or close to it...

Close to 8 weeks later we received a call and the sofa was complete. We arranged the delivery date, the sofa was delivered. What was odd, the back cushions were so thick and hard, roughly about 12" that they made the seat cushion or seating area look tiny. The sofa, was in, the delivery guys left and my wife sat on the sofa. With that, a huge cracking sound when she sat down. I sat down on her side and the same exact noise but because I'm heavier, it was louder. Luckily the delivery guys were still outside and they came back in. They too sat down and heard the noise. I thought it was the frame, they thought it was the springs. Either way, it couldn't be fixed.

Part 3. I took a ride to the Tampa, Dale Mabry Store. I took a look at the 41" Destination Sofa. It too was quite comfortable. I did talk to corporate and was told we could've upgraded the inserts or cushion material, something that was never offered to us. I have to say, the sofa was extremely comfortable just like the one sitting in the Palm Harbor Store. I took a video of my hand pushing on the sofa as the different cushions that you can order or upgrade didn't feel close to that of what was in the display. I sent the video to corporate and was told that someone would call me back. It was obvious that what they are showing on the 41" and 47" is not what was delivered to us and I doubt anyone else. And it's not because it was easing up because people were sitting on it. That would be pure nonsense.

Meanwhile, I was told the Regional Manager would call me. I was also told that someone from higher management would call me and absolutely no one has called my. We really liked the sofa. Is this a bait and switch on the inserts/cushions? The last time, I called the CEO of the company, Clarence Smith and left him a message. No return call, no customer service.

Staff

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2024

I recently purchased several pieces of furniture from Haverty's in Columbia. I choose a custom ordered fabric for the recliner and specifically asked if the fabric would be good for a home with 2 cats. The "designer" told me that this particular fabric would be very good for my home. It is not. She (the designer) obviously did not know what she was talking about. Apparently Haverty's has no guarantee on their furniture, nor will they stand behind their products. This is obviously a case of faulty fabric as the tears and broken threads began appearing with 2 weeks of receiving it. I showed them two other couches (one from them) that had no damage on them. One of the couches I have had for over 4 years.

I also showed them a chair I bought from them over 10 years ago and it had no damage on it, and the fabric is similar. It is so discouraging and unfair that they will not stand behind their products. I advise people to look elsewhere for their furniture, or, at least, be very wary of what they buy at Haverty's. I, for one, will no longer shop at Haverty's, nor will any of my family members.

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2024

Being a customer of Havertys for many years now, I was very disappointed when I realized that they didn't want to honor the extended warranty for our sofa and loveseats. We had spent around $6000 for our "leather" set "aviator". Six months after the warranty had being expired, I explained to them that the problems with those sofas had started many years ago but unfortunately, serious family reasons did not allow us to take care of this issue earlier.

I called the store last year and I asked for Gary, our salesperson. I was not able to find him. Now, they are telling me that they can't do anything, because my warranty has been expired for 6 months now. And what about the chipped and cracking and discolored sofa and loveseat?? My fancy AVIATOR set that now looks like a pair of rugs? No, I don't recommend them anymore. The quality is not the same, as it used to be. A customer that has spent around 15k to Havertys... Be very careful when you buy from them.

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

We have been a customer of this store since about 2004. We recently paid over $2,000 for a round kitchen table and six chairs. The table is delaminating and the finish is coming off after just one year of normal use, no small children. We did not purchase their extended warranty. When I reached out to the store, they suggested a furniture touch-up pen. Then when I escalated it to customer service, she simply said I would have to pay for repairs since it was past a year. This is completely unacceptable customer service. I will be purchasing a new kitchen table, but never again will I purchase anything from Haverty's. Their refusal to help with this issue is extremely disappointing and they have lost a long-time customer that purchases multiple pieces of furniture each year. Their loss. I would recommend looking elsewhere for quality furniture and a company that stands behind their products.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2023

Driver ran behind and they cancelled my delivery for 3 rooms of furniture yesterday. Could not deliver it the next day, or the next. I live 10 miles from the warehouse where the furniture sits. Cannot deliver earlier than 5 days after initial schedule. Will never purchase from them again! Searching for more furniture this weekend to cancel my order with Haverty’s.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Aug. 21, 2023

My husband and I found the perfect desk at Havertys. It was a floor model with small scuff marks but we fell in love with the desk so we decided to buy it at a 10% discount. We were told it came with a Guardsman Warranty, although later we found out that Warranty cost us $270.00. Our fault for not looking at the receipt. The delivery men tried to fit it through the door without measuring. Big mistake. It scraped the desk top big time. They tried to fix it with a marker which only made it worse.

Our only recourse was to send it back or take another 10% off and a service tech visit. Again we loved the desk so decided on the latter. Big mistake. We never got the service tech visit. On top of that Guardsman said they wouldn't touch it since it was a mistake made during delivery. I received an e-mail from Havertys' Customer Service about making things right. I told them I just want the service tech guy to come out like they promised. They never returned my e-mail. I had to pay $150.00 out of my own pocket to get it fixed. Poor customer service. Won't go back.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 21, 2023

Tara Sectional is a more of a Terror Sectional. Comfortable, sleek with a modern look, but the service after the sale - what happened Havertys? Two of the five units arrive with clear signs and damage from previous assembly/use (photos to prove it too). The corner section had a noticeable and prominent flaw in the fabric. The replacement service call ended up being a guy with a sewing kit and replacement fabric - and he was going to cut apart the sections and resew in replacement fabric in the middle of my living room. This was the 2nd day I took off from work with the first delivery window turning into a 10-hour wait.

At the Havertys price point, I'm not ok with cutting apart and sewing in replacement fabric, and not sure who would be. Replacements were not available in-state, per the customer service rep on the phone so it would be another month before delivery. I could keep the damaged and used items with a 10% discount on the affected units but agreeing to a void on the warranty for the entire purchase. At this point I asked them to come get their sectional and refund my purchase and today they did.

If this is how Havertys stands behind their products God help their customers - broke my family's trust completely. The On-Time delivery was not - scheduled for a mid-day arrival and showed up after 6 pm. Replacement of the used and damaged sections was switched for a "service" call leading to another day off wasted. The "We are done" pickup was right on time - but you might want to reconsider sliding furniture across the floor on its side as a means of moving it to the door.

Reviewed June 19, 2023

I ordered $13.000 worth of furniture. The pillows for my couch (6) of them were made with down feathers, which I am allergic to. All I wanted was the inserts in poly but I was told nothing can be done, only order new pillows for an additional $600. That I felt I should not have to pay. All I wanted for my beautiful couches is some pillows that don't make me sneeze. Very disappointed in Havertys suppose to be next level — I don’t think so.

Customer ServiceReliability

Reviewed June 17, 2023

We went in 2021 to buy our mattress after a year and a half the foam started to detach from the mattress and started sliding off. We also started to feel the springs. So I called to see what the warranty would cover. They said they would have to send a technician out to examine the mattress. The technician came out and measured the bed after 10 min he left. I received a call from customer support saying the technician put that it was inconclusive so they had to send the decision up to management.

I received a call a couple days later saying that they would not be replacing the mattress that it was not a defect on the manufacturer. I proceeded to ask them what constitutes as a manufacturer defect and they said it would be a defective mattress which I told them it was. That there was no way we slept in the bed that much within a year and a half period to cause it to deteriorate that quickly. I said I was not going to accept that and I would be contacting the CEO to inform him of the situation. I had to send 3 emails addressed to the CEO explaining the issue.

I received a call from customer service saying they would let me make a reselection with a 40% usage fee. So a mattress that I paid about $2600 they would let me make a selection for about $1000. I did not accept that because a mattress should have lasted at least 10 years lasted a little over a year and a half. I told them I would need to contact the BBB because that is completely unacceptable. I ended up getting a call later that day saying they would let me do a reselction for the full amount. So I thought ok I appreciate that now we will be able to get a better mattress.

I ended up paying and extra $500 to get a different brand. We went made our selection and I waited about a week for it to be delivered which is just fine as long as we we’re getting our new mattress to actual be able to sleep I was good. It was delivered and right when they unwrapped it there was a huge tear in the seam by the handle. And some of the threading on top was coming undone. I was like that’s ok they will just replace it I understand that happens. So we scheduled our second delivery which was today. They unwrap it there is a huge tear in almost the exact same spot. I obviously refused it.

Now I am frustrated all over again because it’s not only an inconvenience but there is absolutely no quality assurance. Customer service called and said we will just send another one. I am just so disappointed with the whole experience with this company. We just want a mattress we paid now a little over $3000 for to be what it’s worth. There was not much I could tell them. It wasn’t like they would credit me anything back. I just accepted that they would be scheduling the third delivery next week. Fingers crossed. I just do not recommend buying anything from them. I have never had so many issues and I have purchased from multiple furniture stores. So please take your time to look around. And READ REVIEWS!

Customer ServicePriceReliability

Reviewed June 5, 2023

We bought a substantial order from them. The dining table was replaced because the top had big chunk of wood coming off. After not even 3 months of use, the chairs started sagging (and we are both low BMI :) ). At the end, we had to return the entire set, pay for the difference and upgrade to another line. We needed to replace 3 times the recliner because the leather was defective. After more than one year the leather where you seat started fading and we put a blanket to minimize the wear, not too fancy looking in the living room.

We bought the 5-year protection plan, the Guardsman. After repeated solicitation asking for a service, we decided to dispute the transaction for the cost of the protection plan. I even went to the store in person to talk with the customer service regarding Guardsman lack of response for the service and they did nothing. We asked for a touch up kit because the paint on the furniture is chipping and they give us cheap dry crayons, same Guardsman and same type you can buy in Lowe's. We ended buying from Amazon acrylic crayons which not only are better quality but solved the touch up problem. At end of the story, don't buy the protection plan because it doesn't work. I doubt that in the future I will buy from Havertys, too expensive for what they offer.

Reliability

Reviewed May 13, 2023

Havertys furniture store does not stand behind their products. They are very friendly when they sell you furniture that they claim is high quality and well made. However, if you have a problem with an item, they give you a very hard time. In my case, I am stuck with a defective piece of furniture. I would go elsewhere.

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2023

I am writing this letter in hopes that the Haverty Furniture Store will be listed as a company that will sell polyurethane furniture as “real leather” furniture. In 2019, I entered the Haverty store in Bowie, Maryland. I saw an Omega five-piece sectional that was on sale and was a floor model. I asked the salesperson if the sectional was leather, and he said yes. I examined the sofa and based on the “assumption” that it was leather I purchased the sectional. I also ordered another chair because the additional chair made the sectional complete in my family room.

In the latter part of 2022, the Omega sofa, specifically the two chairs that my husband and I sit on is crumbling. The other four chairs still look brand new. I called Haverty’s to inquire about buying two new chairs to replace the chairs that were crumbling. I was told that the Omega furniture was no longer available. I then called a leather repair person, and he asked me if the sectional was leather. He asked this because he only repairs leather furniture. I then called the Haverty Bowie, MD store and asked if the sectional was leather so that I could assure the leather repair person that it was leather before having him come to my home. I was told again by your Bowie, MD store that the sectional was leather.

My leather repair person came out and said that if he repaired this sofa within a couple of days, it would crumble again. So of course, this did not make sense to have the repair done. Maybe a few weeks later, I visited the Haverty store in Rockville, MD, I explained to them that I was hoping that they had Omega furniture because I had two chairs that had begun to crumble. They told me that the Omega sofa was no longer being sold and more importantly they told me that the sofa was not leather.

I then called the Bowie store again and they again told me that the sofa was leather and that this was information given by the manager of the store. I told them that the Rockville store showed me on their computer system that the sectional was not leather. So, the Bowie store called the Rockville store and then they finally admitted to me that the sofa was not leather. Now it is 2023, and I told the Bowie store that I would have never bought this sectional had I known that it was not leather. So now I have spent $2,330 total on a six-piece sectional that I am going to have to replace. And furniture should be expected to last at least 7 years.

Initially I was offered $300 store credit to resolve this issue. I refused the offer, so I was then offered $400 store credit. I refused again and then the Bowie, MD store manager asked me to come into the store and look for something that I might like to resolve this for me. So, I did, and I picked out bedroom furniture that came to approximately $1800. She then asked me to pay out of pocket $1600 towards the furniture. Of course, I refused. Then she asked me what would resolve this for me, and I told her a full refund. She said that she did not think that a full refund would be possible and then offered $800 store credit. I refused again and told her that I was going to contact the corporate office. So, I did and was told by your corporate office on February 23, that the most that could be offered would be $1399.99 in store credit and they would take back the sectional.

This offer is not acceptable to me. I would accept an exchange of furniture that would be closer to the $2000 amount but because of all the stress this has caused me, I am asking for a full cash refund of $2,329.97, because I was deceived from the beginning of this fiasco. I can be reached at ** (cell) or ** (home). I have receipts on request.

Pamela

Coverage

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2023

Based on my recent experience of early 2023 Havertys has a very short sighted return policy. They would rather lose thousands of dollars in more business than show flexibility in return few hundreds dollars. I tried to cancel the warranty for the sofa they delivered few days ago, they refused. I made no claims against the warranty, I just did not want it after receiving the pamphlet which excludes almost anything that go wrong with the furniture. I therefore cancelled the remainder of my order. This rigid policy is indicative of lack of business sense or customer care.

I bought an expensive leather sofa, and they gave me a wood care kit. I tried to exchange for leather care kit, they refused. The sofa is already sinking in the middle, I am still waiting on their action, their expert is not 100% sure it can be fixed. What recourse do I have if they don't fix it, what a mess.!. Nothing they do makes any sense, they simply don't care. Stay away from this company, once they get your money, they don't care what happens.

Price

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2023

Havertys offered a leather sofa for around $2000 interest free for 18 months. Today they added about $2000 on to our remaining bill because it wasn't paid off in the 18 months' time. Ok fine. But they added 2000 onto the balance of an 2000 sofa. Basically they added 100 percent interest. I will see them in Court when I'm done writing my reviews.

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2023

Furniture is garbage. Bought $15k worth of living room furniture and some of the veneer on the tables started separating within 4 weeks. They sent a yahoo out to glue it back together and lasted all of 3 days. When I asked for a return these ** advised I had possession too long and not possible. A month and 3 days is too long?? I will never buy anything from this company again and advise you to do the same.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 23, 2022

I WAS a return customer but I will not be purchasing anymore furniture from Haverty’s especially the Greensboro Wendover store! The salesperson was deceptive with projected delivery date! The date was 2 months longer than she said for 1 chair! The manager found us a floor model and arranged delivery. After waiting ALL DAY after having our delivery time pushed back. At 5:30 pm we called just to discover we weren’t getting a delivery at all!!! They didn’t even bother to call to inform us they weren’t coming. This was the day before Christmas Eve at that!!! The sofa, ottoman and chaise lounge I had picked out to buy once I got chair to see how things were going to fit in my new house I WON’T be buying from Harverty’s!!! I’ll just go to Hickory furniture!!! Terrible customer service ever!!!

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2022

I moved to Florida in 2021. The moving company I hired to move me from NH to FL their truck caught on fire. I lost everything. I bought a lot of furniture from Haverty Furniture. It’s been more than a year, I asked Haverty’s to come out and lower the adjustable bed. The company from New Port Richey, did not/would not. It seems they are interested in sales but not customer service.

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2022

We purchased a table and chairs that were floor models at the store in Castleton, In. The table did have a few indentations across the surface of the table and these were noted on the release form. The salesman assured us that if any scratches other than the ones noted on the release were present they would be taken care of by Havertys.

I actually took pictures on my phone of the table before leaving the store. They delivered the four chairs and the table and guess what? Huge white scratch on the table. Delivery people said, "The technician would be able to fix the scratch and you would hardly see the scratch." I first called the salesman and told him the situation and he said customer service would take care of the problem and that they would deliver the other two chairs the next week. I sent pictures of the before and after on the table to customer service. They said they would not send a technician out because it was a floor model even though I had sent pictures of the huge deep scratch. Customer service Offered $50 or nothing. I have bought Two couches and Two living room chairs from them but I will never buy another item from Havertys. There promises were nothing but hot air. Their customer service is a joke. Buyer beware.

CoveragePrice

Reviewed Oct. 29, 2022

All the furniture I ordered was either damaged or filthy dirty. They replaced it but sent more dirty furniture. They also never Scotch garded any of the furniture. I was told to contact the Guardsman Protect so I did and was told by them that the stain was not covered. I have had the furniture a month. Do not buy Havertys Furniture and definitely don’t waste the outrageous cost for the protection plan.

Price

Reviewed Oct. 21, 2022

Purchased from Havertys in Pensacola on 11/1/19. Loveseat power stopped working on 4/19/22. Thank God I bought the 5yr protection plan. Tech came out, fixed the issue. Fast forward to 6/26/22. USB ports on loveseat not working. Tech came out and ordered parts. As of today 10/21/22 still waiting for parts. AND NOW the sofa has stopped working. Will be filing that claim today. Havertys will do nothing and say it is now up to Guardsman. I will write a separate review about them. Bottom line DO NOT buy anything from Havertys. I can verify all of this with receipts and copies of claim forms. This furniture was expensive and should not be constantly breaking down.

Coverage

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2022

My husband and I bought an AVIATOR from Haverty's with the GOLD PLAN from Guardsman. It died out on us and according to our plan, we should be covered but they are saying one of the pieces is not covered. I tried to go to the website for our coverage that Haverty's gave me but it doesn't exist. I keep getting bounced from Guardsman to Resolution (the company the technician is from) to Haverty's. Stay far away from Haverty's and far away from Guardsman. I just read that according to Forbes magazine Guardsman is one of the top 3 franchises to stay away from.

Tip for consumers:

If you do buy furniture from Haverty’s and get the Guardsman coverage pray you don’t need to use the coverage because they will not honor their commitment. So don’t buy from Haverty’s and don’t get Guardsman furniture coverage. It’s too late for me. I’ve been getting the run around since august.

Reviewed Sept. 30, 2022

I purchased the Brooklyn sofa from Haverty's to replace another Haverty's sofa that was about 10 years old. I like the seat cushions and the general frame shape of the sofa. My problem with the product is the quality of the back cushions. The pillows are comprised of square shape covers that are filled with folded up stuffing material. The stuffing is inadequate for the pillows to maintain their form, so they become dented and misshapen if you sit against them. I constantly have to rearrange the pillows. Every day I have to try to make them look less dented. I am at the end of my rope and I hate this sofa! It makes me sad because my other Haverty's furniture was good. I decided to donate the sofa because I worked a long time on my living room and want something that actually looks nice. I am getting a new sofa from Macy's this week.

Staff

Reviewed Sept. 7, 2022

Had purchased from Havertys a few times before. Went there again to purchase several pieces of furniture for a new home we were having built. They referred us to their "design consultant". What a joke. She was simply a sales person. Oversold us on several pieces. Matched two twin beds sets we purchased with undersized and cheap bunkie boards and foam mattress. Had to complain as the mattress fell well below the headboard and footboard. It turns out that I needed a low profile box spring and regular mattress to fit properly. You'd think a "design consultant" would have known that.

Then on a custom piece she told me the fabric I wanted was available. But put the order in for a different but similar fabric. (I guess she was hoping I didn't notice.) I'm stuck with the chair as she did not put the name of the fabric I wanted on the order sheet. My mistake I did not notice. Then she did not tell me that the Hooker furniture pieces that she suggested were not returnable like the rest of Havertys furniture. When I cancelled prior to delivery Havertys wanted me to pay a huge restocking fee. This all started February 2022. Still haven't got a clear accounting for my refund. And my refund is on furniture that I never had delivered. What a nightmare. Will never use this store again.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 27, 2022

We purchased a leather sectional few months ago, since they delivered it, we have nothing but headaches. They replaced it 3 times. Every time they replace it, they bring different issues. Some of the delivery crews are rude. They don’t respect your property. One time they scratched my brand new hardwood floor. Few of the customer service agents are rude. They doesn’t know how to talk to a customer.

I am a heart patient. My last phone call with a customer service agent raised my BP sky high and I started feeling chest pain. So I give up. Nothing in this world is not worth more than my life. Forgot to mention we paid top dollars for this sectional. Every time I sit on this couch and use the recliner it’s making a weird noise. If I could give a '0' star for this review I would. I will not go back to this store or recommend.

CoverageStaff

Reviewed Aug. 17, 2022

In December 2021, I purchased a sofa, love seat, and leather recliner. After little use by 2 adults, the cushions on sofa and love seat are collapsing. The cushions now reduce to about two inches when sat on and the back cushions which are stuffed with batting are only partially filled and look like they are several years old rather than months old. The overall construction of the sofa is so poor that the back of the sofa is a piece of cardboard covered with upholstery. This sofa and love seat is not the same quality as the one on the showroom floor.

The mechanism on the recliner doesn't work properly so you have to use your hands to close the footrest and the back of the recliner won't stay in the reclining position. A technician came to investigate our concerns and we were told that the recliner cannot be fixed and the only time the back will stay in the reclining position is if you have the power recliner. The store associate did not tell us that or we would have bought a stationary chair with an ottoman. My husband and I spent 5 hours at Havertys on two consecutive days making certain we had the sofa, love seat and recliner that would be comfortable and hold up for years. Now we have a $5000 mistake sitting in our living area. The store associate was so nice and told us that she had the same sofa in her house and how great it was. I won't be as trusting and naive again.

Reviewed Aug. 12, 2022

Bought a Omega Leather Sectional power recline sofa with extra pieces Sept. 2017. It started peeling last fall. Finally found a leather repair man, and he came today to "fix" the leather. He told me that this is NOT a leather couch. When we bought it, it said LEATHER and all websites with Havertys (website, social media, etc) said leather. The leather repair person told me today it is a stamped fabric. WTF? We PAID 3k for a stamped piece of fabric? I will NEVER buy from Havertys again. He also told me they will tell you it is "Top Grain Leather". Be very wary of this phrase... it means it is a top stamped onto a piece of fabric with the grainy look of leather and not real leather or even vinyl. Havertys has lost a 33 year customer, who has purchased Tens of THOUSANDS of dollars with you all! You guys suck! LIARS!!!!

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2022

I needed a couch and knew Havertys had a good reputation. I had a pleasant experience with the salesperson. I picked out my couch. It was expensive (~$7k). It arrived on time. The delivery guys were great - friendly, helpful, and careful. The couch was nice for about a month. The fabric began to pill by the end of the first month. After 3 months it became lumpy and uncomfortable - especially one cushion (and it doesn't get used more or less than any other cushion). The cushion somehow acquired a permanent indentation. It's an odd shape, too. It's long and thin all the way across the seat; not rear-end shaped as one might imagine.

I flipped the cushions over, and it seemed near new. Now, it's 3 months later, and both sides are lumpy, indented, uncomfortable, and pilled. The cushions don't fill out all the corners of the coverings. They never really did fit. I brushed this off at first thinking it's just new and needs time to fill out. We've had it 6 months, and I've come to the conclusion I made an expensive mistake. Havertys isn't what it used to be apparently. Don't make the same mistake I did. Look elsewhere.

Reviewed July 7, 2022

Purchased 2, two seater leather sofas with recliner mechanism at a cost of $3,138.77 on 13th August 2017. Within a short period of time the material they used to manufacture the sofas started disintegrating and the sofas are falling to pieces. I called their customer services department and was advised that I should have bought an insurance policy from their Guardsman insurer to cover damage. I advised that this is not damage. This an inferior material that is disintegrating and they basically said that it is not their problem.

StaffReliability

Reviewed July 4, 2022

The interior decorator was just a “yes woman”. If I said I liked something she agreed. She did not take the time to actually work with me to coordinate the room. I would suggest an object and she agreed and put it on my order. I noticed but accepted her judgment. I am not an interior decorator. She must be right. The results are the ugliest living room I ever had. She tried to sell me a pale grey couch to go with my camel-colored recliners. The reason she picked the grey couch was it was in stock. I should have shopped elsewhere.

I believe they have a return policy of a few days, not sure. I doubt I could use it. It took over a year to have everything I bought delivered to me. This was due to

the pandemic. So, I am stuck with a totally uncoordinated living room. UGLY. I could not be more disappointed. As far as other services related to this transaction, all was very good. Even replacing the defective end table delivered to me was quick and easy. All though I don’t understand how it took over a year to get the first one and only a couple of weeks to have it replaced.

Reviewed May 22, 2022

It took 9 months to receive OVER PRICED living room furniture. The backs had little cushioning, unlike store sample. I called & called. After 6 months, they will reorder. That will take another 6+ months. I just want my money back to go elsewhere. Do not buy from Havertys!!

Havertys Furniture Company Information