2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

1.4/5 (254 ratings)

About Havertys Furniture

Havertys Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Havertys Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Havertys Furniture?

Original review: March 31, 2021

We purchased three tables and a sofa a little over a month ago from the Mesquite store. The sofa is back ordered until the end of May. When the tables arrived, one was wrapped but the other two were not. One of them has a chip in it. We called and were told we had to schedule an appointment for someone to look at it. Almost a month later, when the day arrived, we were called and told the person was not working today and we were pushed back until April 21.

Obviously, if we can't get someone out to just look at a chip, we are smart enough to cancel our sofa which has a lot of electrical parts to it. It could be broken for a long time before they bothered to uphold their warranty. The table just should have been replaced. When you sell bad goods, a decent company makes it right. Staff at Mesquite is wonderful but they don't have the company backing to make shopping there worth the risk. All of our furniture is from this store; however, we will have to find another company to buy from.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Last year I purchase two items. One sofa that I still keep and have not used very often. It is manufactured in China with the worst materials and worst labor. I regret to have purchased from this company that advertised as a top quality company. Pure Chinese junk. Same can be said of the recliner that I have purchased from them. I wanted to return the items but when I read the bill it said that I only have THREE DAYS after delivering. It is not possible to know the quality of the product in three days especially when you do not sit on them all day. I regret the purchase and the only thing I can do is to warn other buyers not to make the same mistake I have made. Beware of this Chinese junk. Buy your furniture some other place!!!

Original review: March 25, 2021

I bought $11,000 worth of furniture back in December 2020. I was told it would be delivered March 11th 2021 and if that date changed the salesperson told me she would let me know. I was never called nor was the furniture delivered on that date. I called Havertys asking the time when the furniture would be delivered as I was at home waiting for delivery. The salesperson was extremely unprofessional and condescending explaining to me that it was ETA and preceded to tell me what ETA meant. As I reminded her that she was to call me if the date of delivery was changed. The salesperson should consider another line of profession if being professional or handling customers is not her forte. It is almost April and still it has not been delivered nor have I been called by Havertys. I will never buy from this company again. Once they have your money, don't expect them to lift a finger to help you after the contract is signed.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I bought 2 recliners, special ordered. Once we picked up the furniture got it home, after a couple months it looked 5 yrs old. Material was loose. They replaced cushion but it did not correct the problem. When I contacted them they said, "Sorry that’s regular wear and tear." The worst customer service I have ever had.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

We purchased a lighted display cabinet. It was delivered broken, two trips to the store and 3 broken promises later, still no appointment to fix the problem. VERY POOR AFTER THE SALE CUSTOMER SERVICE. We recommend you shop elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

We purchased a not so inexpensive dining room table from Havertys Furniture. We waited a few months for delivery and setup. We hadn’t noticed the damaged finished because the blinds were closed at that time but about two months afterwards when the blinds had been open the light reflected off the table and revealed the damage. Since it's a table for six and our grown kids are not here too frequently we hadn’t used the table but a couple of times.

We contacted customer service and they sent a technician out to review. They said the table would need to be returned for repair and set up a scheduled date. When they didn’t show up we contacted them and were told ‘the tech report’ came back with a note saying customer damaged. They refused any additional service or responsibility. It was at that time I checked their reviews online and discovered the unfavorable ratings with consumer affairs. Such a disappointment and extremely frustrating that some businesses choose to do business this way. We can only hope this saves others from having to deal with our experience,

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Lucas leather swivel rocker recliner@$1,000.00 experienced failure of dark brown finish down to the raw hide at headrest and arms as if it was painted on. Color began rubbing off after one year to complete loss after five years of ownership. A properly dyed leather will no do this. The leather on this chair is of the most inferior quality; looks good new - will not in a short time. Havertys, after several store visits and phone calls by me, refuses to stand behind in any fashion what they sell, even after the manufacturer's warranty expires. The recliner is still like new in all other ways so I'll have it restored on my dime and no more of my dimes will go to Havertys. Anyone can sell furniture; it's wise, however, to buy it from those who will service it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

We have made several purchases and referred neighbors. The sales team is wonderful but the management behind the scenes is terrible and not customer friendly. After the purchase delivery is not timely and extremely expensive. Specifically we paid $299 delivery for 6 pieces. One piece was back ordered and not delivered. In the meantime we ordered and paid for two more pieces and asked that they be delivered with the piece that was back ordered. We were told there would be additional delivery charges! After much aggravation and heated discussion our sales person finally figured out a way not to charge us more for adding the purchase (a couple of stools) to our already paid delivery. She was great but it’s unfortunate that there was so much frustration involved!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I purchased a Serta Comfort Hybrid mattress less than 2 years ago. SUPPOSEDLY came with a 10 year warranty. The mattress is now starting to sag when you lay down on it. My wife and I are not large or overweight people. This should not be happening. The quality of this mattress is not the same quality as shown on the sales floor. My wife called up and complained about the mattress and they sent a Havertys service rep. He came and ran a string across the mattress and put some little block on the mattress and said it isn't depressed enough. Doesn't matter if you climb in bed and your butt drops 5-6". The test is a joke, just like their warranty. Havertys Service dept representative called me afterwards and said "can't help you". We will find a new mattress to purchase but it DEFINITELY won't be from Havertys. Like I said, their warranty is a joke.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

Over the years we have purchased thousands of dollars worth of furniture from Havertys. No more will we ever spend another dime there. The power plug in our electric recliner broke on June 25, 2020 after only 5 months of use. I filed the claim. Customer Service called me the next day acknowledging the claim and requested evidence. I attached pictures. Three weeks later after 4 calls they advised it was sitting in their Braselton GA warehouse but could not ship due to “Fedex Problems”. They promised to ship once issue resolved. One month later no power plug.

I called CS for status. They advise still can't ship due to Fedex Computer problems. I asked, "Can it ship another way." Answer: "Absolutely Not." I said, "It's just a power plug.... Can't you just put it into an envelope and ship USPS?" Answer: No way. Two more weeks went by. I called to check status. They advised they could order it again and ship Fedex Next Day. I received a shipment next day but it was wrong part. I received the power transformer that goes under the chair.

I again called CS. They apologized and said they needed to reorder. That's the last I heard from them. I have an $800 Power Recliner not able to work since June 25th (2.5 months). Today 9/18/2020 I receive an email from Havertys advising my part will ship October or November. I wonder if that's in 2020. Hmmmm. I have had numerous issues with them over the years but this Tops The Cake. NO MORE HAVERTYS FURNITURE.

Havertys Furniture Company Information