3.5/5 (215 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2022

Shop Now

About Ghostbed

GhostBed’s cooling mattresses work well for every sleep position. The original GhostBed model is an affordable mixed-foam mattress. The Luxe offers heightened comfort and Medium firmness. The Flex is a hybrid model that offers the coolest sleep of the three mattresses. 101-day sleep trials let users take their time when making a decision.

Pros

• Virtually silent
  • 20- or 25-year warranty
  • Good motion absorption

Cons

• 30-night break-in required before return

Bottom Line

GhostBed’s line of three mattresses provides a medium to medium firm sleep with cooling technologies at a reasonable price. All sleeping positions are well accommodated.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2022

Shop Now

GhostBed mattress construction and materials

The original GhostBed models are eleven inches thick, while the GhostBed Luxe and GhostBed Flex are thirteen inches. The GhostBed has 1.5 inches of aerated latex foam, two inches of gel memory foam, seven and a half inches of high-density foam, and a cover made of viscose and polyester. The GhostBed Luxe has a “Ghost Hug” topper to keep sleepers cool, an inch of gel memory foam, two layers of phase-change material, gel memory foam, a bounce layer and a thick base of high-density memory foam. The GhostBed Flex is a hybrid mattress with a cooling cover, several layers of memory foam and a layer of reinforced support coils.

ghostbed mattress

GhostBed mattress comfort

GhostBed prides itself on providing one of the coolest sleeps around. Cooling materials used in all three mattresses help even hot sleepers feel cool during the night. The GhostBed and GhostBed Flex are a Medium Firm, or 6, on the traditional mattress firmness scale. The GhostBed Luxe is a 5 or Medium. The original GhostBed is notable for its conforming memory foam with some added responsiveness from latex. The Luxe has the highest conforming ability and is great for those with aches and pains. The Flex is the most cooling option.

• Firmness: The original GhostBed and GhostBed Flex are classified as Medium Firm. The GhostBed Luxe is Medium on the firmness scale.
  • Sleeping position: The GhostBed Luxe is the most accommodating model. It sleeps most weights in any position. The GhostBed and GhostBed Flex sleep most weights and positions well, but lighter weights sleeping on their stomachs might not sleep as comfortably.
  • Motion transfer: All three models from GhostBed do a great job absorbing motion on the mattress.
  • Edge support: The GhostBed and GhostBed Luxe have good edge support, although you can still expect some sinkage when sitting on the edge of the bed. The GhostBed Flex, like other hybrid models, has very good edge support.
  • Sleeping hot: The GhostBed Flex is the best choice for hot sleepers, but the GhostBed and GhostBed Luxe also allow for cool sleep.

GhostBed mattress prices

The GhostBed has a low cost when compared to mattresses with similar construction and materials. The GhostBed Luxe, as the name implies, is a bit pricier but offers some premium components that are worth the higher price tag. The GhostBed Flex is fairly priced when compared to other hybrid mattresses.

Mattress sizeGhostBed costGhostBed Luxe costGhostBed Flex cost
Twin$445$995$895
Twin XL$645$1,200$1,100
Full$720$1,320$1,225
Queen$895$1,375$1,285
King$1,075$1,685$1,585
California King$1,095$1,725$1,625
Split King$1,290$2,400$2,200

Are GhostBed mattresses good?

All three GhostBed mattress models are good. Each offers a cooling night sleep with a high level of comfort at a fair price. The GhostBed Luxe is a good choice for those with aches and pains. The Flex is a great hybrid choice and has the coolest sleep. The original model’s mix of memory foam and latex creates a comfortable sleep at an affordable price.

Ghostbed Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ghostbed?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ghostbed?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

When we were doing purchase, I asked if we didn't like bed, can we return for refund. The sales girl said YES. Bed cost $4529.52. They refunded $1075.68. This is a ** company. Looking for Attorney to take case for the balance Ghostbed OWES ME. Thank God, the money isn't the issue. this company lied, and should be held accountable.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

This is a terrible pillow. We have been pillow searching for some time and this is one of the most uncomfortable pillows we have tried. It is very hard and does not give at all so your neck is at a very uncomfortable angle. After using the pillow for a month, I began experiencing terrible neck stiffness and pain. I switched pillows and it subsided. Unfortunately, when the pillows were shipped we were traveling so we missed out on the 100 day trial period and are unable to return the pillows. I hope the dogs at our local shelter find them more comfortable!

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

The mattress was "delivered" when it was thrown in a stairwell in the general vicinity of my residence. GhostBed did work with FedEx to have the package actually be delivered, but in the stairwell it remained. After a couple of days I finally received a call from an argumentative CSR. My options were:

1.) take a little off the top to have the package actually delivered to my residence

2.) return it and pay a 15% restocking fee.

I choose #2 as I would like GhostBed out of my life. Buyer beware, there are better mattress companies (I have purchased mattresses online before).... try them out

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

I bought this mattress because of back issues. This mattress is extremely firm and my issues have gotten worse. The customer service team is honestly the worst I have experienced in quite some time. I was told that someone would call me about my issue which they never did. The next associate said they would send a topper. I followed up only to be told by the customer service manager I had to wait 30 days. In this economy, spend your money with a company that actually cares. I wish I had read more reviews.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Absolutely terrible customer service. Ordered the all in one bed from exactly one month ago. Was charged in full at the time and still no shipping updates. Customer service ended up blaming it on Fedex immediately after confirming its a supply issue. This company filters out all bad reviews on their website. Serious red flags, avoid at all costs.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Ordered on 1/5/22 and have yet to receive the mattress. Received everything else tho. Can’t use it but I have it. I made multiple calls and I was told it was getting ready to ship or it had shipped. Never received it. Would call and ask for a supervisor and be told one wasn’t available, then would receive a random call. If you couldn’t take the call and had to call back you were told a customer service rep couldn’t transfer to a supervisor. I later found out that was a lie.

I finally received an email from Emmerson ** and I was asked to send pictures of the labels on the boxes I did receive. I sent them only to be told it was the wrong label. The boxes have multiple labels and you are given no direction on what label to look for. I took more pictures and sent them back. I have heard nothing. This company is trying to scam me out of $11,399.43. I have now had to involving my bank, lawyer, PayPal and the Better Business Bureau. Do your research!!!! I trusted Google only to find out the reviews can be deleted. Search for websites that don’t allow the company to remove the review. I wish I had done that!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

So...my one and only child, the light of my life, graduated high school earlier this year and started college this fall. He is required to live on campus for freshman year. I knew I wanted to get him an awesome, top of the line mattress topper. Didn't see anything that fit that bill at Target. Looked online and found the Ghostbed topper. Zoned for the different pressure points of the human anatomy and comfortable for different sleeping styles. Overall super positive, rave reviews. And, the kicker, it's not so horrible that I waited until pretty much the last minute to order. According to their website all orders ship within 24 hours. That's SHIP not process. There's a little (i) info link right after the 24 hour shipping claim that simply states that most customers receive their orders within 2-5 days. NOT BUSINESS DAYS, it just says 2-5 days, AFTER you click the (I) next to the promise of shipment on 24 hours.

I have screenshots of the website that proves what I'm saying is true. So , yes the website does say MOST customers receive their orders in 2-5 days, implying that this is not a guarantee. HOWEVER, the promise of shipment within 24 hours is not worded in an ambiguous way. It is stated very plainly that my order will ship within 24 hours. I received an IMMEDIATE email confirmation of my order, which I placed on Sat. 8/13, it advised me that I would be provided with a FedEx tracking number as soon as my order was shipped. So imagine my disappointment when I still hadn't received tracking number info by Tues. 8/16. That is when I started looking more carefully at the company I had entrusted with my hard earned money. Somehow I found my way to the Better Business Bureau website, where surprise! This company with the overwhelmingly positive reviews has a BBB rating of F.

Here's the other thing...They claim repeatedly to customers that had little recourse but to file a BBB complaint that their website clearly states that items are not returnable. At least that's what it says if you scroll through the mattress topper FAQ page and click on the return policy I don't know about anyone else, but when I see a product with over 90% positive reviews, I'm not thinking about the return policy, because I'm not expecting to have to return it. Too bad I didn't read the BBB complaints about verified buyers being blocked from leaving a negative review.

And I experienced this first hand. After I complained to Ghostbed and spoke with one of their reps, I received an automated email that asked me to rate my satisfaction with how my complaint was being handled. I was only given 2 options, good I'm satisfied or bad I'm not satisfied. When I clicked on Bad I'm not satisfied, I was immediately informed on the email that my complaint was now cancelled and that I would not be allowed to leave a review! I know right?! This may not be illegal but it is highly unethical and really a dirty way of doing business.

Mind you, I don't know what the rules for their mattresses are, but I have screenshots that say that, as far as the mattress TOPPER is concerned, it is not returnable. The thing is, when I called to find out what was going on with my order, as I had not received the SHIPMENT tracking number within the stated 24 hours, and requested to cancel, I was then informed that Ghostbed does not accept cancellations of orders because they process their orders so quickly. I was told via phone and email that I would have to now refuse service by FedEx and would be charged a 15% restocking fee as well as a return shipment fee. MIND YOU THE RETURN SHIPMENT FEE THEY ARE SAYING I AM FORCED TO PAY ON AN ORDER THAT HASNT ACTUALLY SHIPPED YET!

The topper FAQs says toppers aren't RETURNABLE, yet they are telling me I need to wait until FedEx actually receives the product from them and then refuse service and have returned. How is that the procedure when it states it's not returnable? Mind you, it doesn't say I can't cancel my order that hasn't yet shipped. Fine, they pulled the order and put it with other items TO BE SHIPPED (but haven't gone yet). I understand I have to pay the 15% restocking fee (so excited to see if I'm going to be yet another customer that is charged the 15% restocking fee on the original price of the items I ordered instead of 15% of the over 50% sales price that I was actually charged (SHADY, SHADY, SCAM, SCAM). Check the BBB reviews if you think I'm not being truthful. You cannot return an item that isn't in transit to you. Returning and cancelling are NOT the same thing.

Please don't give this company a cent of the money you worked for. This is hands down the slimiest business I've ever been involved with. I'm still in shock that a business built around intentionally trying to mislead, deceive, and rip people off can remain in business. I don't see an option to upload documents, but I have proof of everything I've said, if there's a way I can provide my proof please let me know.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

We ordered the Comfort Bundle from GhostBed with the 3D Matrix Mattress. We had done a lot of research on online mattress companies and felt like GhostBed had good reviews and good customer service. We tried the mattress for 30 days and were not impressed. We sank in the middle and the edge support was nonexistent. We decided to return it thinking that we would get the value of the mattress back in a refund. Instead the company charged us the full listed price for the sheets, foundation, and pillows that came with the Comfort Bundle. Thus it ended up costing us $800+ to "try out the mattress for 101 days."

I tried to deal with customer service to see if they would just give us the actual price of the sheets, foundation, and pillows listed on their website. They didn't respond. I tried again and was sent a link to their terms buried on their website stating that they could basically upcharge these items to the highest listed cost in giving out the refund. If you buy from GhostBed, then I hope you have a better experience.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

Bought a mattress topper $250 on "sale" to replace my existing one as I was waking up with shoulder and hip pain and this topper was supposed to relieve those pressure point pains, HA! After trying it for 1 week, it is so bad I will go back to my old topper. Also the cooling effect they claim was not evident to me or my wife and the Topper cover had a very strong chemical odor. I purchased it believing I had a free trial, even during checkout the "free trial icon" was on the checkout screen, however after applying for a refund I was told that toppers are not covered by the free trial. This company is no more than a SCAM!

Original review: July 20, 2022

July 2022-Bought a mattress topper $200 on "sale" to replace my existing one as I was waking up with shoulder and hip pain and this topper was supposed to relieve those pressure point pains, HA! After trying it for 2 weeks, it is so bad I will go back to my old topper. Also the cooling effect they claim was not evident to me. I purchased it believing I had a free trial, even during checkout the "free trial icon" was on the checkout screen, however in the fine print it states free trial does not apply to the toppers.

When I received the topper, it was "partially" wrapped in plastic somewhat like saran wrap(the brochure states it was vinyl packaging... not!) and the topper cover was waded up and rolled up inside the topper. Not how I expect a $200+ topper to arrive. When I called their customer service, I was told that's the way they are all shipped. Insane, I said it looked like I received someone's return, then she told me they don't take returns on the topper. It wasn't even totally wrapped and there was no branded packagin. I will be returning the pillows since those do have a free trial. They did not work for me either. I was advised I am responsible for return shipping...where is the "Hassle-Free" return promise there??? Free trials and Hassle-free returns are marketed, however the truth is in the fine print. Oh and I love how you get the email from the owner welcoming you to the GhostBed Family... Blah, blah, blah! Do yourself a favor and keep shopping!!!

Ghostbed Company Information