Need a good mattress?

Ghostbed

GhostBed’s cooling mattresses work well for every sleep position. The original GhostBed model is an affordable mixed-foam mattress. The Luxe offers heightened comfort and Medium firmness. The Flex is a hybrid model that offers the coolest sleep of the three mattresses. 101-day sleep trials let users take their time when making a decision.

BOTTOM LINE

GhostBed’s line of three mattresses provides a medium to medium firm sleep with cooling technologies at a reasonable price. All sleeping positions are well accommodated.

PROS

• Virtually silent
    • 20- or 25-year warranty
    • Good motion absorption

CONS

• 30-night break-in required before return

Need a good mattress?

GhostBed mattress construction and materials

The original GhostBed models are eleven inches thick, while the GhostBed Luxe and GhostBed Flex are thirteen inches. The GhostBed has 1.5 inches of aerated latex foam, two inches of gel memory foam, seven and a half inches of high-density foam, and a cover made of viscose and polyester. The GhostBed Luxe has a “Ghost Hug” topper to keep sleepers cool, an inch of gel memory foam, two layers of phase-change material, gel memory foam, a bounce layer and a thick base of high-density memory foam. The GhostBed Flex is a hybrid mattress with a cooling cover, several layers of memory foam and a layer of reinforced support coils.

ghostbed mattress

GhostBed mattress comfort

GhostBed prides itself on providing one of the coolest sleeps around. Cooling materials used in all three mattresses help even hot sleepers feel cool during the night. The GhostBed and GhostBed Flex are a Medium Firm, or 6, on the traditional mattress firmness scale. The GhostBed Luxe is a 5 or Medium. The original GhostBed is notable for its conforming memory foam with some added responsiveness from latex. The Luxe has the highest conforming ability and is great for those with aches and pains. The Flex is the most cooling option.

• Firmness: The original GhostBed and GhostBed Flex are classified as Medium Firm. The GhostBed Luxe is Medium on the firmness scale.
      • Sleeping position: The GhostBed Luxe is the most accommodating model. It sleeps most weights in any position. The GhostBed and GhostBed Flex sleep most weights and positions well, but lighter weights sleeping on their stomachs might not sleep as comfortably.
      • Motion transfer: All three models from GhostBed do a great job absorbing motion on the mattress.
      • Edge support: The GhostBed and GhostBed Luxe have good edge support, although you can still expect some sinkage when sitting on the edge of the bed. The GhostBed Flex, like other hybrid models, has very good edge support.
      • Sleeping hot: The GhostBed Flex is the best choice for hot sleepers, but the GhostBed and GhostBed Luxe also allow for cool sleep.

GhostBed mattress prices

The GhostBed has a low cost when compared to mattresses with similar construction and materials. The GhostBed Luxe, as the name implies, is a bit pricier but offers some premium components that are worth the higher price tag. The GhostBed Flex is fairly priced when compared to other hybrid mattresses.

Mattress sizeGhostBed costGhostBed Luxe costGhostBed Flex cost
      Twin$445$995$895
      Twin XL$645$1,200$1,100
      Full$720$1,320$1,225
      Queen$895$1,375$1,285
      King$1,075$1,685$1,585
      California King$1,095$1,725$1,625
      Split King$1,290$2,400$2,200

Are GhostBed mattresses good?

All three GhostBed mattress models are good. Each offers a cooling night sleep with a high level of comfort at a fair price. The GhostBed Luxe is a good choice for those with aches and pains. The Flex is a great hybrid choice and has the coolest sleep. The original model’s mix of memory foam and latex creates a comfortable sleep at an affordable price.

3 Ghostbed Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 2, 2019

This mattress seems to be very comfortable and it seems to be adjustable to my body. They must improve the size of the mattress and include all sizes possible because I have a wide family that use different sizes. But I like the comfort, all the positions in bed and seems simple but I think I would sleep tight.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

This mattress had the best reviews out of all of the other mattresses that I was looking up and this mattress had a lot of YouTube video reviews and I trust those more than written reviews. The shipping was very affordable and fast. The mailman even helped bring the mattress inside. I also like how durable it is and it seems to be very stain resistant. But I wish the price was a little bit lower and affordable.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Ghostbed was on sale at a very good price and I've heard good reviews on this mattress. I love my new mattress. I enjoy sleeping on it each and every night. I mainly love the gel memory foam that is in the mattress that has more of a cooling effect. I'm so happy that I've made this choice and I told many people that I know about the comfort I get. I would highly recommend it to everyone I know and to anyone that has an affected night's rest because nothing worse than waking up every couple hours. If I had to choose another mattress I would definitely choose another one of these.

Ghostbed Company Information