2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.60/5

GhostBed’s cooling mattresses work well for every sleep position. The original GhostBed model is an affordable mixed-foam mattress. The Luxe offers heightened comfort and Medium firmness. The Flex is a hybrid model that offers the coolest sleep of the three mattresses. 101-day sleep trials let users take their time when making a decision.

BOTTOM LINE

GhostBed’s line of three mattresses provides a medium to medium firm sleep with cooling technologies at a reasonable price. All sleeping positions are well accommodated.

PROS
  • Virtually silent
  • 20- or 25-year warranty
  • Good motion absorption
CONS
  • 30-night break-in required before return

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

GhostBed mattress construction and materials

The original GhostBed models are eleven inches thick, while the GhostBed Luxe and GhostBed Flex are thirteen inches. The GhostBed has 1.5 inches of aerated latex foam, two inches of gel memory foam, seven and a half inches of high-density foam, and a cover made of viscose and polyester. The GhostBed Luxe has a “Ghost Hug” topper to keep sleepers cool, an inch of gel memory foam, two layers of phase-change material, gel memory foam, a bounce layer and a thick base of high-density memory foam. The GhostBed Flex is a hybrid mattress with a cooling cover, several layers of memory foam and a layer of reinforced support coils.

ghostbed mattress

GhostBed mattress comfort

GhostBed prides itself on providing one of the coolest sleeps around. Cooling materials used in all three mattresses help even hot sleepers feel cool during the night. The GhostBed and GhostBed Flex are a Medium Firm, or 6, on the traditional mattress firmness scale. The GhostBed Luxe is a 5 or Medium. The original GhostBed is notable for its conforming memory foam with some added responsiveness from latex. The Luxe has the highest conforming ability and is great for those with aches and pains. The Flex is the most cooling option.

• Firmness: The original GhostBed and GhostBed Flex are classified as Medium Firm. The GhostBed Luxe is Medium on the firmness scale.
    • Sleeping position: The GhostBed Luxe is the most accommodating model. It sleeps most weights in any position. The GhostBed and GhostBed Flex sleep most weights and positions well, but lighter weights sleeping on their stomachs might not sleep as comfortably.
    • Motion transfer: All three models from GhostBed do a great job absorbing motion on the mattress.
    • Edge support: The GhostBed and GhostBed Luxe have good edge support, although you can still expect some sinkage when sitting on the edge of the bed. The GhostBed Flex, like other hybrid models, has very good edge support.
    • Sleeping hot: The GhostBed Flex is the best choice for hot sleepers, but the GhostBed and GhostBed Luxe also allow for cool sleep.

GhostBed mattress prices

The GhostBed has a low cost when compared to mattresses with similar construction and materials. The GhostBed Luxe, as the name implies, is a bit pricier but offers some premium components that are worth the higher price tag. The GhostBed Flex is fairly priced when compared to other hybrid mattresses.

Mattress sizeGhostBed costGhostBed Luxe costGhostBed Flex cost
    Twin$445$995$895
    Twin XL$645$1,200$1,100
    Full$720$1,320$1,225
    Queen$895$1,375$1,285
    King$1,075$1,685$1,585
    California King$1,095$1,725$1,625
    Split King$1,290$2,400$2,200

Are GhostBed mattresses good?

All three GhostBed mattress models are good. Each offers a cooling night sleep with a high level of comfort at a fair price. The GhostBed Luxe is a good choice for those with aches and pains. The Flex is a great hybrid choice and has the coolest sleep. The original model’s mix of memory foam and latex creates a comfortable sleep at an affordable price.

Ghostbed Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ghostbed?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ghostbed?

Original review: April 28, 2021

I am going to start this by saying I really wished I would have read the customer service reviews prior to making this purchase. I was hesitant to purchase a bed online and it ended up being a worse experience than I could have imagined due to their customer service. First off, do not expect to get the bed in 2-5 as advertised. In fact, do not even expect a tracking number in that time. I contacted Ghost bed a couple times about why it was taking so long and received the corporate answer about logistics issues and it will ship “next week.” It took 18 days for the bed to arrive at the logistics company so they could set up delivery for the white glove delivery I purchased. It was two days later when I finally got the bed (no fault of theirs, scheduling issues).

The second part of the nightmare with this purchase began with their return policy. I ordered the headboard brackets and the 6-inch legs for a total cost of over $300.00. When I ordered the headboard brackets I accidentally ordered two boxes and am stuck with them since they are not eligible for return. I now realize I do not need the 6-inch legs and am stuck with them as well. Their return policy states ONLY the mattress can be returned for a full refund. I didn’t read the fine print (All other items are final sale and can not be returned) and assumed this meant if you were not satisfied with the bed after the trial period all you could was return was the mattress and not the base.

I did contact Ghost Bed and they said I could return the items if I paid for shipping and they would tack on a $25.00 freight fee and a 15% restocking fee. I am pretty sure I would lose money if I did return the items so I spent $300.00 on items that will go in the trash since I didn’t even need the one set of headboard brackets I purchased.

Overall, the bed is fine for the money I spent. I will not recommend Ghost Bed to anyone I know that is looking for a bed due to the customer service. I have never heard of a return policy as strict as theirs and most companies will usually make exceptions to policy when a customer spends as much money as I did. I really hope the mattress/base works out and I do not need to contact Ghost Bed for any other assistance.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I ordered a king split adjustable bed frame and 2 twin XL mattresses from Ghostbed. I spent over $4400. When I was in process of checking out something popped up offering me additional % off. I selected the additional discount, completed my order and saw the amount had changed by over $400. I figured I accidentally selected "Head to Toe Bundle" but was ok with that as it included sheets, etc. that I was going to need so I was ok with that. The bed arrived but no sheets. I got on my computer chat with a Ghostbed rep who informed me I didn't order sheets. I said I am also missing the free "pillows". He said the "extra discount" caused me not to get pillows but never explained why my price changed so drastically during the checkout process.

After I disconnected with the rep on chat, I starting researching to see what exactly happened and discovered that by accepting the "extra discount" that showed up when I was checking out, I lost option of getting free pillows and it added an extra $412 to my bill. I immediately emailed customer service. I received an email back several days later. The best they could give me was an in store credit of 7% which was equal to $412. By this time I was too mad to accept any of their offers. I called them on phone and was told by a rep, they couldn't do anything else. I told them everything is still in box and I will be sending it all back. I was then put on hold and the rep came back and said she would be able to credit my card $412. Of course it would take 30 days but never the less, I was getting my refund.

I then ask her to cancel the extra legs I ordered and the headboard attachment. Even though those 2 items hadn't been sent yet, she couldn't stop the order since it had already been sent to their warehouse. However, once I receive them, I can return them and just pay shipping and a restocking fee. At that point I was over it. Whatever.

A few days later someone else from Ghostbed must have seen my original email and felt like fighting so I got another email from Ghostbed telling me that I can send everything back and pay a 20% restocking fee but they aren't going to give me any money back. However they were able to cancel the headboard connector and extra legs. At the point of reading this new email I had already seen the request for $412 refund from them come over in an email so I wasn't worried about that and I was thrilled to know the extra legs and headboard connector was officially canceled. I was also laughing at the thought of just how screwed up their support staff must be. One rep can't cancel an order but another could make it happen.

To close, I got everything I requested but as you can see it took a while and the right hand doesn't appear to know what left hand is doing. I do love my bed but there has to be a similar bed company with way better customer service. If you do order from this company, don't accept the extra discounts that may pop up while checking out because it will take away from their standard 40% discount. It will not be added on as I thought it would be and to get it refunded is a hassle.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2021

I was ignored and had to repeatedly contact them about the fact that the seams were coming apart on the mattress. Finally they tell me they have a great warranty but mine expired so after 2 years and over $1000 I have a mattress that I get to watch fall apart.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Unbelievable lack of communication. Days to respond to an email. Sometimes not at all. Lack of info, referred to various departments with the same lack of response. There are plenty of companies selling bed in a box products. Do yourself a favor and don't buy from this one.

Original review: March 10, 2021

Be careful ordering a mattress directly from this company. They have denied my return because of a loophole! My 101 was voided by them. Didn't try to come to a solution. They said it was due to my actions. Why? I bought the bed during the Black Friday promo. I was told the bed would arrive on Dec 15th. They then told me 3 other dates and wouldn't be able to deliver this until the end of Jan. 2021. I was tired of waiting and annoyed and asked them to cancel this order. They refused and said it couldn't be cancelled.

The bed arrived at my front door on Jan 4th. I was happy to finally have this bed and ready. I spent a long time researching this bed. However, as a couple, we found this mattress unsupportive and caused backaches every day. When I tried to return the 101 no hassle return, they refused.. Why. Because I had already tried to cancel this bed. (Due to their fulfilment issues).

I tried many times for them to help and come to a solution, Ghostbed/Natural Sleep refuse and refer to the fine print. This is horrible, and now I have a $3000 bed that is not a good fit and does nothing promised! I have all the conversations... even one by a manager offering to send free sheets because of all the shipping issues. She stated, if you don't like the mattress and choose to return it that I can keep the free sheet set as it isn't tied to the order! If I didn't want the bed then I would have just refused shipment. I find this terrible. Shame on them!

Original review: March 8, 2021

I purchased this bed after some research. I chose this company because if I didn’t like it I could returned it. I paid a little over $2000 for a bundle package. I received the base only to find out the mattress was on back order. I was not told at anytime that the mattress was back ordered. I wanted to return the base but was told the base was not returnable. The 101 night guarantee does not apply to the base only the mattress. I’m 83 years old and I have a base and do not know when the mattress is coming. Nowhere in the guarantee statement does it state that the base is not covered under the 101 nights.

Original review: March 7, 2021

Ordered my GhostBed... Had to take 3 days off work, because the pieces arrived 3 separate days.... Then over 30 days later.. I still have not received my pillows that were promised to me. Went on their chat site and provided all Serial #s of the products and model #s and they indicated that they could not find my purchase.... REALLY.... All I want at this time is my pillows that were promised to me; however they can not even follow through with that. Frustrating.

Original review: March 1, 2021

Ordered mattress, frame and headboard brackets. Received the mattress and frame but no headboard brackets. Contacted Ghostbed and tried to cancel the brackets but was informed that once an order is placed, it cannot be cancelled - even if it hasn't shipped yet.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

We purchased and the day it was delivered called because all of the screws on bottom of bed were stripped out. Bed frame worst cheapest quality available, particle board. I had to file cc fraud for not product ordered as they would not return or refund without restocking fee when we never even got to set up. When I said I would explain about not receiving product as described and cc lawyer would contact them she said as soon as lawyer is brought up they can no longer speak to me. No manager available. Do Not Buy Beds!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I recently tried asking for a return from Ghostbed. Somehow because they did not like my thoughts on their company they banned me from getting a refund. Their policy on the page says hassle free returns. 101 night trial. you do have to keep it 30 days. It turns out they can just say no return.

Ghostbed Company Information