Find a Mattress Brands partner

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

3.0/5 (105 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Ghostbed

GhostBed’s cooling mattresses work well for every sleep position. The original GhostBed model is an affordable mixed-foam mattress. The Luxe offers heightened comfort and Medium firmness. The Flex is a hybrid model that offers the coolest sleep of the three mattresses. 101-day sleep trials let users take their time when making a decision.

Pros

• Virtually silent
  • 20- or 25-year warranty
  • Good motion absorption

Cons

• 30-night break-in required before return

Bottom Line

GhostBed’s line of three mattresses provides a medium to medium firm sleep with cooling technologies at a reasonable price. All sleeping positions are well accommodated.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Ghostbed Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ghostbed?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ghostbed?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

After ordering the product, several weeks passed before I found out it was going to be delivered late. I had to call them several times, it was one lie after another…call every single day nightmare, on top everything I tell them I don’t longer need the mattress because I need a mattress SAP… And I was sick and tired of all the liar… Even I never received the mattress I have to pay 15% stocking fee which is over $300. I will never never recommend this horrible company. I had a really really bad experience... Just makes me sick to my stomach just talk about it. Never never again…

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I ordered mattress topper on Aug. 3rd 2021. Shipping was suppose to take 15 days. After I didn't receive product called and was told 30 days. Left emails and called. Was told not shipped. I cancelled and was told I would receive cancellation #. Never received. Called again and was told cancellation numbers are not given. I would receive email in 15 days. I financed through Affirm and they have already pulled 1st payment. I wish I had never purchased from Ghostbed.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Ghostbed needs to restructure their return/refund policy or this will be their demise. I purchased two sets of twin sheets from them and unfortunately I have to return them. When I contacted the company they responded back and told me that I had to pay a 15% restocking fee along with shipping charges. I was blown away so I contacted them back and told them that I don’t believe the restocking fee or shipping charges are fair to charge the consumer. Their refund/return policy is inconspicuously hidden on their website. If I had seen this policy before purchasing the sheets I would’ve never made my purchase.

After I contacted them for the second time their response turned into a pity party. The representative told me that they are a small business of only 60 employees and they cannot afford to take on any further expenses. What an odd response to give a customer. If you don’t have the financial means to run your business efficiently and give your customers the best possible service then don’t open your business. Also their website is misleading. After you place your products in your cart and scroll down to their secure checkout button, it says free shipping and returns. Really not a good look Ghostbed.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

We ordered a split king adjustable base and mattresses. White glove delivery ended up being cancelled and it was forwarded to our house (per our request because we would have had to wait another 3 weeks). FedEx only delivered two of the packages and the other two never arrived (after waiting over a week from the assigned delivery day). Ghostbed refused to offer any help except to tell me to keep waiting. We decided to cancel and send back the two packages we had received. Those packages were received by Ghostbed on the 19th and 24th of August, but they refuse to issue my refund until they receive the items Fedex has lost, the items that were never delivered to my house.

I was told to make my Affirm payment for an item I do not have and wait for them to get the packages from fed ex that were never in my possession or take the hit to my credit. How can I be responsible to get packages back to you that were never in my possession? This is an issue between them and fedex, but they are holding my money hostage. If you value your time, money, and sanity do not even consider this company. RUN.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I'll start off by saying I am not a person who has written a review in the past, but my experience with this company was horrible. I placed the order and they took the payment and they sent a confirmation stating my order would ship shortly. After 7 days I contacted them and asked when I could expect my order to ship, they responded t 2 days later and said that they did not know because they were experiencing production and logistic delays, which certainly would have changed my placing of this order had I known that. 7 more days go by and I sent another email (because the number they gave me no one answers) inquiring again about the timeframe of shipping my order, they responded and told me that it would at least 2 more weeks before my order was available for shipping.

I told them to cancel my order, 2 days later I get an email, stating that they would cancel my order and that it would be up to 15 days for them to give me my money back.. As far as I am concerned this company is a joke. I should have done my homework and read other people's experiences which it turns out there are many with a similar experience. Product might be good, but buyer be careful, because if you need this product don't expect it anytime soon.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I ordered the luxe mattress with 2 free pillows. I could have ordered from others vendors but wanted the pillows so I placed the order directly with Ghostbed. I now regret it! Mattress was ordered 6/19 with delivery due 6/21 but was actually delivered 6/22. The pillows are what I'm having issues with. It's now 8/11 and I still don't have pillows. Pillows were supposed to be delivered 6/24 and I live in a complex that has lockboxes. When I receive packages I get notifications via text and emails but did not receive a text message nor email.

I contacted the lockbox company and the management company to give me access to the lockbox but there were no packages for me. And they have cameras but nothing was delivered in that timeframe. I contacted Ghostbed 6/24 via email but received no response. I called the following week and was told I'd receive an answer within 48 hours but still nothing. I called a week later and was promised that someone would escalate it to a manager. Every time I call I'm told that a manager would contact me directly but I'm having to be the one who follows up with a Ghostbed "customer service representative". Ghostbed DOES NOT CARE about their customers. If they did I would have results but instead, I'm fed with ** lies and empty promises. If customers were a priority they would have responded to my emails without me having to call. STAY AWAY from GHOSTBED!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I ordered a Mattress Topper and a Pillow a few weeks back. I received the Pillow over the weekend and intend to keep it however, the Mattress Topper is allegedly not yet available "due to high demand" according to an e-mail from Ghostbed. After looking over their reviews throughout the internet (including here at BBB) I didn't feel right about their reply and sensed this was going to turn into a nightmare so I canceled the order. I finally got a response this morning (August 9th, 2021) and was told that the refund would take up to 15 days! This is a refund for an item I NEVER RECIEVED AND HAS NEVER EVEN BEEN SHIPPED!

I have read many other customer reviews about this Ghostbed some even stating that their refunds were waiting in some sort of queue line. I find this ridiculous. It should NOT take this long for a refund for an item that has NOT BEEN SHIPPED! I would avoid dealing with Ghostbed at all costs. They have an AWFUL reputation and I don't even think these Mattress Toppers actually exist since I haven't seen one REAL review about them on anywhere aside from their own websites and those reviews are only like a month old. I want my refund in a fair and just manner. I should not have to wait 15 days!! I would accept maybe 3 days to process it BECAUSE THE ITEM WAS NEVER SHIPPED. Once again, as I mentioned, I have seemed countless people dealing with the same issue.. This is horrendous customer service and I would not recommend Ghostbed to anyone. Do yourself a favor and shop somewhere else!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

Horrible Company!, if you can call it a company. Buyer Beware! I purchased the mattress and adjustable foundation from Ghostbed. Two separate pieces with 2 separate discounts which is listed on the receipt. Before the trial period expired, I asked for a return as the mattress slept hot and I followed instructions and donated the mattress as instructed and as acknowledged by Ghostbed. They then informed me that the mattress that I paid $2100 for, I would only receive a refund for $1,400 as they were taking all of the discounts offered on both the mattress AND the adjustable foundation and applying them to the refund. ($2100 minus $700.)

The adjustable foundation is non-returnable and I never asked to return it. They state it is in their terms and conditions yet their refund policy states "Full Refund". There is a very loose reference in their terms and conditions but the interpretation is extremely loose and would easily be squashed by a lawyer. These folks don't make their money off of satisfied customers, they make their money off of returns which I guarantee paid for the mattress and then some. Do Not believe that you will get a full refund on the Sleep Trial from Ghostbed for any reason as you will get ripped off as well.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

We purchased a Ghost Pillow in May with a ship date the next week. Then we got an email that the ship date would take longer but they did not provide us with a new date. We decided to cancel the order and purchase another pillow from another company. Weeks later they shipped the pillow anyway and charged us. We called them to find out what to do with the pillow we no longer wanted. They told us they would send us a return label and that we could the pillow and receive a refund. They received the pillow back and we have proof from FedEx that that "Alonzo" in their warehouse signed for the return. It is now almost three weeks later but no refund.

After having many online chats and emails with them to resolve this and find out what's happening with our refund, we are told they don't have a record of the pillow ever being received. When we ask to speak with a supervisor we are told there is no one available and someone will get back to us. When asked for our refund we are told someone from the finance dept. will get back to us. No one ever gets back to us. We have now spent approx. 6 hours online and on calls trying to get the refund for a $69 pillow.

We are now working with our credit card company to get the charge reversed but GhostBed has disputed our dispute and said we still have the pillow. Needless to say, our experience with Ghost bed has been extremely frustrating. It makes me wonder if all of the wonderful reviews are even real reviews. Will never purchase from them again and will make sure everyone I know doesn't either.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I purchased the bundle, Luxe mattress and adjustable bedframe. The mattress arrived defective and did not expand to full 13" (ever). It is liking lying in a bowl of mush and by the way the Luxe is NOT cooling as it claims. I contacted the company and was told to take pictures of the damage, the law tags and take measurements, which I did. The tags were not accessible as they told me wrong locations twice (until I crawled under the bedframe, found them and awkwardly took pics with my cellphone in a 2" gap between the wall and bed). Note the mattress and frame together weigh around 300+ lbs, so no moving it.

After several communications back and forth, GhostBed did not replace the defective mattress as part of their 101 night false advertising trial. I did receive an email from support early on stating that "replacement" is not part of the 101 night trial. I had to go through my credit card company to get a credit back and I will have to pay to have the mattress hauled away. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! There are plenty of competitors who have great product and fair consumer policies and customer service.

Original review: July 6, 2021

This was a terrible experience. I was bullied into placing an order before I missed the special they were running for 40% off a bundle only to find out they always have that special. The salesman told me they never run that special and it was a great deal. I was also told he would gift us two pillows. After trying the mattress and adjustable base I wasn’t happy with either one. I called to process a return. Well the 101 night guarantee they have plastered all over their website doesn’t show that. It's just on the mattress and the base isn’t included in that. They do not offer returns on the base. I was told you find that out after you read the FAQ page... I don’t read FAQ. I read reviews which were all great on the website.. I found out later why all the reviews are good and it’s because they review them and only place the ones on their website they want on there. My review still is not on their website.

I wish I would have done more homework before I made this purchase. The massage function on the bed is not quiet at all like they state on the website and the light flickers at night randomly under the bed so I have to have the bed unplugged because I am afraid of a fire. When I contacted the company about this I was told they would send me out the equipment to change myself and see if that fixes the problem. When you are gifted pillows they will charge you if you do not return them at your own expense when you return/donate the mattress. Also the base goes up to full price so you now pay almost double for the base and get a small refund for the mattress.

After looking a bit more into this company I had no way to contact management, customer service is awful. When I waited for a call all I would get were emails from a "Manager." One email even stated for the supposedly manager to call me from customer service with a note at the top that read "Beware of this lady!" Nice of the “manager” to forward that on to me the customer or “that lady”. I reviewed BBB and was shocked by the complaints. I really wish I would have reviewed their website before I made this purchase. So sad I work as a nurse during this whole pandemic and was just hoping for some relief with my back and hip pain only to have a mattress that didn’t help and a purchase I wish I never made. So sad now I need to go back and search for a new mattress and keep a base that has to stay unplugged because I’m afraid of a fire. Thank you to GhostBed.

Original review: July 5, 2021

After ordering the product, several weeks passed before I found out it was going to be delivered late. They never sent me updates. I had to call them several times before they told me that. They did tell me that since it hadn't even been the shipping process, they don't give updates. BUT AT LEAST TELL ME THAT IT'S GOING TO BE LATE. THAT'S TECHNICALLY AN UPDATE. Bad customer service.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I purchased a GhostBed Luxe King Bundle with the adjustable base. The mattress was very uncomfortable so we decided to return it under the 101 night trial policy. Although we were aware that we would have to keep the base, GhostBed stated they would remove all discounts and we would only receive a $415 credit for a mattress that is normally $2545.00 but is currently discounted to $1782.00 if purchased separately. We paid $2980.00 for the bundle meaning they stuck us with the base for $2565.00.... Their sleep trial is a SCAM! Not to mention the cheap parts for the adjustable base are made in China!

Original review: June 22, 2021

I've had my GhostBed mattress for three and a half years, and we already had to buy a new mattress (from another brand). For the last six months, my partner and I have had awful back pain, and only after sleeping on a blow-up camping mattress did we learn that it's our mattress. We get better sleep on an $80 air mattress than this bed. The warranty is a joke. Since it's been over a year, I can only get a replacement mattress, and even then I would have to pay shipping costs. I don't want another one of these mattresses! It's wild that they only guarantee that their mattresses will stay intact for a year. What a scam.

Don't believe the reviews on their website either. I tried to leave a review using the review link GhostBed emailed me, but it's been too long and the link has expired. When I tried to leave a review directly on their website it's hidden since I'm not a "verified buyer." So basically, all the great reviews on their website are from people who have only had their bed for a few months or a year at most, but the mattresses start to break down within a few years.

Original review: June 11, 2021

Ghostbed is a scam! My wife and I ordered the best quality that ghost bed had to offer, only to learn their service and product is subpar to other brands. After placing the order, we received the incorrect size pillows and bed protector that they never did replace. After assembling our new bed, we realized that after several nights of sleep that this was the worst bed we had ever slept on. Ghostbed makes you keep the mattress for 30 days before you can replace or receive a refund. During that time we slept on our couches in the living room just to get a decent night s sleep.

Their money back guarantee is an absolute joke. After finding out their firm mattress is really not firm at all, we decided to return ours. This is where it really goes down hill. Customer service says they will put in ticket for manager to call back, still waiting for that call after 4 weeks. Customer service will hang up on you after you say you'll stay on the phone for a manager, then when you call back that agent will block your number. Buyer beware, Don't believe the amazing reviews on their site. You can find much better quality products for less money at Sam's Club and Mattress Firm. We would never recommend Ghost bed to anyone.

Mike and Diane **

Original review: May 25, 2021

First I would like to state that I also should have read reviews before purchasing this product. I am 24 days in and still waiting for my refund. They take about a week to return emails with generic, non-helpful sayings like, “processed, relayed concerns”. Every interaction I have had with customer service they have raised their voice and been rather rude. I supported them because many DOD and military do, that was a mistake they do not deserve my business with their proven record and communication style. For 1700 dollars I expected more! Very disappointed.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I am going to start this by saying I really wished I would have read the customer service reviews prior to making this purchase. I was hesitant to purchase a bed online and it ended up being a worse experience than I could have imagined due to their customer service. First off, do not expect to get the bed in 2-5 as advertised. In fact, do not even expect a tracking number in that time. I contacted Ghost bed a couple times about why it was taking so long and received the corporate answer about logistics issues and it will ship “next week.” It took 18 days for the bed to arrive at the logistics company so they could set up delivery for the white glove delivery I purchased. It was two days later when I finally got the bed (no fault of theirs, scheduling issues).

The second part of the nightmare with this purchase began with their return policy. I ordered the headboard brackets and the 6-inch legs for a total cost of over $300.00. When I ordered the headboard brackets I accidentally ordered two boxes and am stuck with them since they are not eligible for return. I now realize I do not need the 6-inch legs and am stuck with them as well. Their return policy states ONLY the mattress can be returned for a full refund. I didn’t read the fine print (All other items are final sale and can not be returned) and assumed this meant if you were not satisfied with the bed after the trial period all you could was return was the mattress and not the base.

I did contact Ghost Bed and they said I could return the items if I paid for shipping and they would tack on a $25.00 freight fee and a 15% restocking fee. I am pretty sure I would lose money if I did return the items so I spent $300.00 on items that will go in the trash since I didn’t even need the one set of headboard brackets I purchased.

Overall, the bed is fine for the money I spent. I will not recommend Ghost Bed to anyone I know that is looking for a bed due to the customer service. I have never heard of a return policy as strict as theirs and most companies will usually make exceptions to policy when a customer spends as much money as I did. I really hope the mattress/base works out and I do not need to contact Ghost Bed for any other assistance.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I ordered a king split adjustable bed frame and 2 twin XL mattresses from Ghostbed. I spent over $4400. When I was in process of checking out something popped up offering me additional % off. I selected the additional discount, completed my order and saw the amount had changed by over $400. I figured I accidentally selected "Head to Toe Bundle" but was ok with that as it included sheets, etc. that I was going to need so I was ok with that. The bed arrived but no sheets. I got on my computer chat with a Ghostbed rep who informed me I didn't order sheets. I said I am also missing the free "pillows". He said the "extra discount" caused me not to get pillows but never explained why my price changed so drastically during the checkout process.

After I disconnected with the rep on chat, I starting researching to see what exactly happened and discovered that by accepting the "extra discount" that showed up when I was checking out, I lost option of getting free pillows and it added an extra $412 to my bill. I immediately emailed customer service. I received an email back several days later. The best they could give me was an in store credit of 7% which was equal to $412. By this time I was too mad to accept any of their offers. I called them on phone and was told by a rep, they couldn't do anything else. I told them everything is still in box and I will be sending it all back. I was then put on hold and the rep came back and said she would be able to credit my card $412. Of course it would take 30 days but never the less, I was getting my refund.

I then ask her to cancel the extra legs I ordered and the headboard attachment. Even though those 2 items hadn't been sent yet, she couldn't stop the order since it had already been sent to their warehouse. However, once I receive them, I can return them and just pay shipping and a restocking fee. At that point I was over it. Whatever.

A few days later someone else from Ghostbed must have seen my original email and felt like fighting so I got another email from Ghostbed telling me that I can send everything back and pay a 20% restocking fee but they aren't going to give me any money back. However they were able to cancel the headboard connector and extra legs. At the point of reading this new email I had already seen the request for $412 refund from them come over in an email so I wasn't worried about that and I was thrilled to know the extra legs and headboard connector was officially canceled. I was also laughing at the thought of just how screwed up their support staff must be. One rep can't cancel an order but another could make it happen.

To close, I got everything I requested but as you can see it took a while and the right hand doesn't appear to know what left hand is doing. I do love my bed but there has to be a similar bed company with way better customer service. If you do order from this company, don't accept the extra discounts that may pop up while checking out because it will take away from their standard 40% discount. It will not be added on as I thought it would be and to get it refunded is a hassle.

Original review: April 17, 2021

I was ignored and had to repeatedly contact them about the fact that the seams were coming apart on the mattress. Finally they tell me they have a great warranty but mine expired so after 2 years and over $1000 I have a mattress that I get to watch fall apart.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Unbelievable lack of communication. Days to respond to an email. Sometimes not at all. Lack of info, referred to various departments with the same lack of response. There are plenty of companies selling bed in a box products. Do yourself a favor and don't buy from this one.

Original review: March 10, 2021

Be careful ordering a mattress directly from this company. They have denied my return because of a loophole! My 101 was voided by them. Didn't try to come to a solution. They said it was due to my actions. Why? I bought the bed during the Black Friday promo. I was told the bed would arrive on Dec 15th. They then told me 3 other dates and wouldn't be able to deliver this until the end of Jan. 2021. I was tired of waiting and annoyed and asked them to cancel this order. They refused and said it couldn't be cancelled.

The bed arrived at my front door on Jan 4th. I was happy to finally have this bed and ready. I spent a long time researching this bed. However, as a couple, we found this mattress unsupportive and caused backaches every day. When I tried to return the 101 no hassle return, they refused.. Why. Because I had already tried to cancel this bed. (Due to their fulfilment issues).

I tried many times for them to help and come to a solution, Ghostbed/Natural Sleep refuse and refer to the fine print. This is horrible, and now I have a $3000 bed that is not a good fit and does nothing promised! I have all the conversations... even one by a manager offering to send free sheets because of all the shipping issues. She stated, if you don't like the mattress and choose to return it that I can keep the free sheet set as it isn't tied to the order! If I didn't want the bed then I would have just refused shipment. I find this terrible. Shame on them!

Original review: March 8, 2021

I purchased this bed after some research. I chose this company because if I didn’t like it I could returned it. I paid a little over $2000 for a bundle package. I received the base only to find out the mattress was on back order. I was not told at anytime that the mattress was back ordered. I wanted to return the base but was told the base was not returnable. The 101 night guarantee does not apply to the base only the mattress. I’m 83 years old and I have a base and do not know when the mattress is coming. Nowhere in the guarantee statement does it state that the base is not covered under the 101 nights.

Original review: March 7, 2021

Ordered my GhostBed... Had to take 3 days off work, because the pieces arrived 3 separate days.... Then over 30 days later.. I still have not received my pillows that were promised to me. Went on their chat site and provided all Serial #s of the products and model #s and they indicated that they could not find my purchase.... REALLY.... All I want at this time is my pillows that were promised to me; however they can not even follow through with that. Frustrating.

Original review: March 1, 2021

Ordered mattress, frame and headboard brackets. Received the mattress and frame but no headboard brackets. Contacted Ghostbed and tried to cancel the brackets but was informed that once an order is placed, it cannot be cancelled - even if it hasn't shipped yet.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

We purchased and the day it was delivered called because all of the screws on bottom of bed were stripped out. Bed frame worst cheapest quality available, particle board. I had to file cc fraud for not product ordered as they would not return or refund without restocking fee when we never even got to set up. When I said I would explain about not receiving product as described and cc lawyer would contact them she said as soon as lawyer is brought up they can no longer speak to me. No manager available. Do Not Buy Beds!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I recently tried asking for a return from Ghostbed. Somehow because they did not like my thoughts on their company they banned me from getting a refund. Their policy on the page says hassle free returns. 101 night trial. you do have to keep it 30 days. It turns out they can just say no return.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Tried to return the mattresses after 30days, won’t let me, just full of reasons, they voided my 101 sleep guarantee, because I said the mattresses moves around, because it is not comfortable, they promise if you are not happy, and they cannot make it right, you will get a refund, they lie, they won’t even return my messages or emails just said no return and 101 night guarantee voided, this company is a horrible, so now I have a expensive bed sitting in the closet because we can’t sleep it because it’s that uncomfortable, I would avoid this company like the plague, I even tried to get the bbb to help but nothing.... Run is all I can say.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

This company has the absolute worst customer service I have ever encountered. I bought mattress because of the 101 day money back guarantee. It took month to get the company to honor my request to return the mattress. After picking up the mattress, it took them more than a month to issue a refund. And that is only because I have emailed them constantly and posted a negative video review online. The Luxe cooling mattress sounds good, it really is not. It was so squishy. Nothing cooling about it all from what I noticed. I tried filing a complaint with BBB but they had so many other negative 1 star reviews. Worst company I have dealt with and I will not ever purchase anything from them again.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

The delivery people are fine but then they are not Ghostbed employees. We have had these beds (2 xl twins) for 10 days. We ordered one night and the beds and free pillows came about 6 days later. The trouble is we ordered The Head to Toe Bundles (2), which come with 1 pillow and a set of sheets each (and at the time 2 more free pillows). So there should have been 4 pillows, 2 sets of sheets and I would assume instructions and a warranty card. When the beds were delivered we received 2 pillows with them and 2 sets of French instructions and warranty cards. So we were missing 2 pillows and 2 sets of sheets.

I immediately went on to chat with customer service and they said the items missing would be coming from a different location and that they would be here within a week. I also asked if I needed the boxes in case of return and they told me to discard them, so I did. The instructions were not necessary except for the fact that when I chatted with them about the above missing items, I decided to ask for a set of English instructions, in case, I moved or became dotty over the years. They sent me to a website to download them which is fine. So when I went to register I didn't know where to get the serial #, which is necessary. I made the mistake of chatting with them again.

When I asked where I would get the number for the warranty, she curtly chatted back that it is on the box, (which I had already thrown out) on the instruction booklet (which was in French and also thrown out as I don't speak French) and under the bed (which I had someone set up for me and I (at 73 yrs. old) would have to lay on the floor to find).

All in all, it was an absolutely horrible experience. It has been 10 days since delivery and today I received 2 more pillows this afternoon. Instead of being mistreated by the people on the chat option I phoned. The girl that answered was not rude but definitely didn't seem to enjoy her job. She said that the sheets were supposed to come last week but she didn't know why they didn't. She assured me they would be delivered this coming week sometime. So I agree with one of the other reviews that said, that they thought they may make delivery on some things harder just because they may view the customer as a bit of a pain. The beds so far, are fair. I have had an automatic bed before and it isn't any better, but it is what it is.

I am writing this review to let you know that if you are looking for a bed, it isn't the worst but don't expect all items at the same time or any kind of customer service, if you run into problems. I would take the time to look around for a bit, even though I did not take my own advice. Go to consumer reviews and not the wonderful ones posted on their site, as with anything you are purchasing online.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

We purchased an Adjustable Ghostbed from Costco a year ago for my senior mother.. Everything mechanically has worked thus far and it is what you get for your money, because at first the bed was pretty comfortable, but after a year, she started to complain, so we ended up getting a memory foam topper, which has been much better. Now let's get to the Customer Service Part of this... We ended up moving and misplaced the retainer bar, so started with the chat before Nov. 11, 2020 on their website and then it went to emails from there. They ask for order# when purchased bed, and the serial #'s under the bed to make sure we are receiving the correct retainer bar, which makes complete sense, however in my case, this was not what happened. (Mind you, there is a specific dept. of Ghostbed if purchased your bed through Costco, which only can help you.).

First time person was nice, but seemed very scattered and when I did talk to her over the phone, she seemed very unclear about product replacement parts. I received bar, it was totally the wrong one, I again contacted and they told me that Ghost bed changed their items numbers and did not let her know about it. I was very sympathetic, because I know things happen and mistakes can be made. So now I print a label they sent to return the wrong retainer bar (their mistake) and have to drive to FedEx to drop off. This is weeks in the making.

She then sends 2nd retainer bar out and does not give me a tracking number, so then I wait a week and then check my emails to see if she sent a tracking number with out my knowledge and she did not, so I contact her through email & she says that it already was received first week of December. I then tell her that I did not receive item, asked what address she sent it to and she sent it to our old address, when the first retainer bar was sent to our current and right address, (changed it when I talked and emailed her the first time) so how can there be a mistake? This was 4 days after the item was received to old house which was being sold, so did not know if the item would be there.

Ran out of work same day I contacted her, to old house and found nothing, had to contact Realtor to see if maybe she grabbed it, and she did not, but she said buyers were at the house and maybe they put in the house. Next day found out that buyers did find it on porch and put it in house, so then I was able to go track it down again and pick it up, only to find out, that IT WAS THE EXACT WRONG RETAINER BAR! At that point I contacted Ghost bed again, asked for a Supervisor, when they told me the person I was talking to is a Manager.. UGG.. I told Customer Service person that I did not want to talk to the same person and to please give my issue to someone else. Did I add in this review, that I PAID for the part!! She said she would send an email to another person with my complaint..

Next day, I received an email for a male and he basically told me that he is sending out the right retainer bar and sent pictures of it, which happen to be chrome and the one we had was black, so I asked if I was getting a chrome, there was no reply. I am assuming that it will come in Chrome.. UGG again if that will be the case. I asked for it to be overnighted, after just emailing him, he said he could not do it, because he already sent it out. I then asked to get a label to return the again wrong retainer bar, and he said that I could just dispose of it how I would like. Now I am afraid they might charge me for it, if I do dispose of it, even if I have proof through email.

I then asked for credit on the retainer bar, which you would think some compensation should of been addressed with the over a month of dealing with this issue. He told me that he could not give credit for a nonreturnable item, but yet the wrong retainer bar received can be disposed of? Makes you think??? He also told me that we are still able to use adjustable bed without bar, which is untrue, the bed slides forward when the head adjusts to up position. Hence have the retainer bar at end of bed to catch it. What a joke! I then wrote an email back telling him of their very poorly ran customer service, not for the fact that I didn't get credit back, but for the runaround on this and the lack of correction the second time and the dismissive comments on their part. His response "Thanks for the reply, have a great day". What I received the whole time on this process.

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE AGAIN FROM THIS COMPANY! Steer away from any part of their customer service!!! They definitely need to do some work internally!!! I will be sending this same review to Costco, hoping they think differently about carrying their product. Just a side note.. Their reviews on their website are very suspicious, they are all mostly 5 stars, this can't be correct, and there is no place to write a review, so I wonder where the reviews are coming from? Still waiting for Correct Retainer bar, said it should arrive by the December 17th, 2020.

Ghostbed Company Information