3.5/5 (201 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Ghostbed

GhostBed’s cooling mattresses work well for every sleep position. The original GhostBed model is an affordable mixed-foam mattress. The Luxe offers heightened comfort and Medium firmness. The Flex is a hybrid model that offers the coolest sleep of the three mattresses. 101-day sleep trials let users take their time when making a decision.

Pros

• Virtually silent
  • 20- or 25-year warranty
  • Good motion absorption

Cons

• 30-night break-in required before return

Bottom Line

GhostBed’s line of three mattresses provides a medium to medium firm sleep with cooling technologies at a reasonable price. All sleeping positions are well accommodated.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Ghostbed Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ghostbed?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ghostbed?

Original review: March 31, 2022

Ghostbed took the return as stated. But what they don't tell you is you actually don't get back all your money. We only received about 1/4 of our purchase price back. Do not buy. Company will scam you.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I am both a consumer under laws and a licensed lawyer in Quebec. I have purchased a mattress from Ghostbed through their website and on delivery, they left the mattress in the public lobby of my building even if there were clear indications that parcels shall be left in a secure lockbox which was clearly indicated. As a result of their gross negligence, the parcels got stolen and a police report has been duly completed. Under consumer law, the vendor has the obligation to ensure that the mattress was properly delivered to the consumer, otherwise, the mattress is deemed not to have been delivered. It is clearly the case here.

Consequently, I duly sent legal notice pursuant to the consumer protection act to cancel the purchase and, even after 1 month following the theft of the mattress, Ghostbed refuses to issue a refund even if it is their legal obligation to do so. Ghostbed is INTENTIONALLY INFRINGING CONSUMER LAWS and has no consideration whatsoever, to consumers' rights. Their customer service is impolite, rude and does not care at all about my case. They do not answer my emails and when I call them, they offer no explanation whatsoever even if they have been put on legal notice.

Original review: March 3, 2022

Do not for one second believe their claim about a 101-night hassle free sleep trial where you can return the mattress. I purchased the mattress as part of a bundle. Upon deciding to return the mattress because I did not find it comfortable or cooling, I was informed they were adjusting the cost so that the bundle I purchased for $3815 would be "adjusted" so that the entire discount (the cost was apparently 40% off for every item) would be COMPLETELY applied to the mattress, and they would only refund me $242 for returning to mattress and charge full price for every single other item, none of which are returnable.

This is not described anywhere on their website and not in line with their claim of being able to make free returns. I'm disputing the charge and have already filed a complaint with the BBB. They are a corrupt company that clearly misleads and lies, with horrible customer service. Avoid them unless you like wasting thousands of dollars on a subpar product from a company that tries to purposefully mislead and rip off consumers.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

It took weeks for the various bed parts to arrive, one at a time. We like the bed itself, but it is smaller than standard so actually fit inside our current frame. We had ordered the extra headboard brackets but did not need them. The website does not say how to return anything except the mattress, so it took a few emails to find how to return them for refund. They had me spend $14.90 to ship it back with tracking and they received it on Jan. 31. 2 weeks later still no refund, several more days to finally get a reply and then they replied saying I would get only $64 back out of the $74 I spent on the cheap sheet metal parts. AMERICAN EXPRESS just informed me the refund was actually $63.84. The website gives the impression that returns are free if not satisfied. That is apparently not true with us and according to other reviews on the web we are not alone with their sleazy marketing. Buyer Beware!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

DO NOT BUY FROM GHOSTBED!! Don’t believe the reviews on-line as they have obviously been filtered by Ghostbed. See Consumer Affairs - ** or see the 300+ complaints on Better Business Bureau **. “Lounge, nap and snooze on your GhostBed mattress for 3+ months. If you don’t love the comfort or feel, return it for free with our money-back guarantee.” Ghostbed’s money back guarantee is a SCAM. We purchased their Split King XL with adjustable base in October 2021 for $4,600 ($4,800 less the $200 white glove shipping charge) and tried them for 35+ days until both our backs were so sore my wife had to see an orthopedic surgeon and I had sciatic pain for several weeks afterwards.

We followed the return instructions, the mattresses were picked up by Sharetown – a charity arranged by Ghostbed, and received both email and text acknowledgments from Ghostbed that we would receive a $2,480 refund for the return of two TWIN XL mattresses. This seemed low but reasonable as we kept the adjustable frames, sheets and pillows that came with the $4,600 bundle. 16 days later and after making several calls to GhostBed inquiring about our refund, they refunded $1,100 back to our credit card – less than half the sale price of a single Twin XL mattress.

When we called about the discrepancy, the customer service representative told us there had been an accounting error, and that $1,100 was all that was owed after deducting the total bundle discounts of $2,800 (from the ridiculous bundle list price of $7,000) on $3,900 price of the two mattresses. So, we were scammed out of $1,380 on our refund and still had to purchase two Twin XL mattresses from a reputable company at an additional cost of $3,000. This was a very expensive lesson that ended up costing us over $6,000 for a new bed. Please do not let GhostBed keep getting away with this deceptive rip off. Do not trust the five-star reviews. Notice that there is no way to add your own review to their website. Read the real complaints on the links above.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

Do NOT buy this product. While we know others that have purchased and like the product, the mattresses did not work for my husband and I. Then when we go to return them find out in the small print you only get back a VERY small amount of what you paid due to the false advertising!! A total scam in my opinion and trying to let everyone know NOT to purchase this product. There are lots of other options out there and I am sure not all of them are as fake as Ghostbed!! Do NOT buy!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Be aware that you should be VERY patient if you're ordering a topper. I ordered one on January 11. I called more than a week ago and the rude person told me 10 to 15 days. As of February 3, still no response or communication why it's taking so long. Called again (3 weeks later). This time a nice person said it was going to be 2 to 3 weeks more at least. She also said it will also be 15 days or more to get a refund. Reading these reviews, I'm not expecting that to happen that easily. If you're OK with waiting that long for an order, go for it. This company might be highly rated but customer service is horrible and sounds like the products really aren't that good either. Be prepared to wait... and wait.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

This company values nothing over their own pockets. I found their product on sale at Costco. Company does not price match and because I explored the return process they VOIDED my sleep trial. I haven’t even opened boxes and I am unable to return if I am not satisfied without a 15% restocking fee and full freight. Slimy company with no remorse. Go to Costco they have top notch customer service!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I purchased a mattress topper and it was itchy under my sheets, so I took them off the same night and asked for a return. They told me that was considered a personal item and could not take it back. Their site is very deceiving. On their site it has "Refund guarantee", I guess that's not for all their products. Poor customer service and wasted money.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

The typical size of a queen flat sheet is 90” in width. The set of GhostBed Sheets by Nature’s Sleep we received were over-sized at 98”. When contacted, the Ghostbed representative insisted we send pictures, which we provided. Even with a deep mattress of 15” the overhang on these sheets is excessive. Ghostbed’s response was that a 90” width was not an industry standard size and that Ghost Sheets were an industry standard 95”. Even though the sheets did not meet their own specifications, Ghostbed refused a return, stating that the sheets were are not returnable as the package had been opened. We had a reasonable expectation that the sheets we purchased would conform to industry standards, they do not. For the price of these sheets, this customer is disheartened. If you are considered purchasing these sheets, buyer beware.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

Ordered 1 king and 1 queen, but received 2 queen. Was advised not to open the second queen mattress until they correct their mistake. Subsequently, will be sleeping on the floor until then. One “manager” was rude, and unprofessional. Stated it was my fault I threw my old mattresses out. Haven’t tried the mattresses yet, but very disappointed in customer service and relations.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

This is the hottest thing I have ever slept on, in fact it amplified body heat, and the only remedy was to leave the bed to cool off. The only thing that made it worse was the mattress cover that accompanied it, which only seemed to accelerate the heat retention and reflection. Apparently the warranty doesn't extend to completely false product claims. There was no refund offered.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Stay far, far away from Ghostbed. My order was never shipped to me, but I am still being charged $1,200 for shipping and restocking fees. I have talked to over 20 different people in their organization and they are just rude and demeaning. They literally laugh at the fact that you will pay thousands of dollars for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. When you keep contacting them, they will just ban you from communicating with them. I never thought that there would be such a corrupt and dishonest company in the United States. The CEO and board should be ashamed of what goes on at Ghostbed. Steer clear of this company and advise your friends and family to do the same.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

Scammers! Ordered mattresses two weeks ago and we were told they would be shipped in 24 hours. After two weeks…They never notified us of delays. When we contacted them, we are told the delays were due to FedEx and pandemic issues. I contacted FedEx and they confirmed that they don’t have the order in their possession. The mattresses are sitting in GhostBed warehouse! I then requested to cancel the order. But now GhostBed is charging us 15% total order + $25 each for pillows and sheets + $150 for each mattress. (2 twins). Even though it hasn’t been shipped or they can’t even confirm to us when it will be shipped. Scammers. Stay away. Refund our money GhostBed!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Before I get into the details, I would highly suggest going to a store to purchase a bed. I would not trust online companies. When you think about sleep, it is so important. It affects your livelihood, your day-to-day life, and your health. If the bed that you have to sleep in is one that you don't love, it makes your life very hard. I've had very many nights where I have been in tears because I've had to sleep in a bed that just was not for me, and when that causes me pain. This company itself I would not trust based on our communication, issues, and our hassles. I really hope that this review can help somebody make a different decision, because I really wish I would have seen one like this before we purchased the GhostBed.

So, let's get into it. My husband purchased one of the GhostBed pillows, and after falling in love with it, convinced me that we should try the GhostBed. We had been looking for a king size bed for a while, so after looking up other reviews and using their sleep quiz on the website, we purchased the Flex with the bedframe. They also sent two free pillows as a promotion. The shipping was very quick, and it arrived in less than 5 days.

After being really excited to try a new mattress with so much promise, after 13 days of having to sleep on it, I was frustrated. I had no idea how anyone could find this mattress remotely comfortable or even well made. There is a 30-day policy before you are allowed to return, but I did write the company on their website to initiate a return as soon as I could because I knew this mattress was not for me.

The company never responded to that initial request on their website. We did phone them about a week later, and they offered to send us a free foam topper, but I did not want that because it would really defeat the purpose of having a comfy mattress, especially for my husband who wanted the cooling features. We declined that and asked if we could return, but they said to call back after 30 days. About a week later, we called back because we had reached the 30-day mark. At this point, they told us to fill out the form on their website, and we said we had already done so but hadn't had a response. They said the person that dealt with returns was not in and to call back another time.

After playing phone tag and having to call MULTIPLE times, we were finally able to speak to the person to return the mattress. They told us that they would set us up with a charity in our area and once the mattress was in the hands of the charity, they would refund us. The bed frame was non-refundable, which was fine. We also asked about the "free pillows" and said that we would like to return those too, because they were not comfortable (terrible, actually), and said we didn't want to get charged for them because they were supposed to be "free." They told us we paid for the pillows, which we didn't, but we said we would return them. They then told us we would have to pay for shipping back for the "free" pillows, because apparently they said we paid $214 for them (we definitely did not).

To make a long story even longer, the charity that was supposed to pick up the bed didn't service our area. When we called Ghostbed to tell them that, they asked us to call charities in our area to try to get one to take the bed. WE actually called three places, and none of them took used mattresses. They then asked US to find a friend or family member to donate the bed to and to take pictures to prove that we actually donated the bed. This 100 night free trial does not come without any hassle. Why would it be OUR responsibility to figure out what to do with this mattress to get a refund when there is a 100 night guarantee?

We told them we just wanted them to return the bed because nobody we knew would want it and we didn't want to go through that hassle. After ANOTHER MONTH of playing phone tag, they tried to offer us some money back if we kept the mattress. We figured we might be able to sell it if we did this, so we were able to negotiate them giving us back $2000 CAD (we paid $2300 for the mattress). They told us it would take 14 business days to receive the refund.

After 14 business days, we hadn't received the refund, so we had to call back AGAIN. They then told us that since we got the mattress on sale, they could not give us a refund of that amount and offered us $500. We told them we absolutely did not want $500 for a mattress that we do not want to keep, and said we would like to return it as PROMISED in the 100 night free trial. They again said they were going to get back to us and have someone come to pick up the bed. Mind you, this entire time, I have been sleeping on an uncomfortable mattress which affects your sleep, livelihood, and day to day life when you do not get a good night's rest.

After about 2 months of phone tag and having to be a little stern with their customer service, we were able to get a full refund, but Ghostbed was unable to pick the mattress up from our house. To make matters worse, they sent us the WRONG BRACKETS to attach a headboard to the base. When we finally got a mattress that we wanted, we attempted to attach the headboard with the brackets they sent, but they sent the wrong ones. We knew it would be a hassle to contact them again, so we didn't bother.

Overall, I would highly suggest going to a store and trying mattress. I no longer trust beds that come in a box, especially after having this Ghostbed. We were unable to sell the mattress and we still have it, and after sleeping on it for for more than 60 days, you can tell exactly where somebody sleeps because there is an indent where a body would be. Doesn't seem like a mattress that would be supportive at all with that type of permanent dent (and we are not very large people). I also don't understand how anyone could find this mattress comfortable in any way. It seems cheaply made, and I much prefer our old mattress that was only 7 years old. This is a mistake I have learned from and I will never purchase from Ghostbed again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I bought this very expensive Ghostbed topper based on the description on their website. They say 3”, but this is closer to 2”. They say cooling, but I have never slept hotter. This topper is more an egg-crate piece of foam than a memory foam. I am a side sleeper and this topper does not help with hip or back pain. I have spent half the money for a better topper. I feel as though I was completely deceived by this company. They also DO NOT make their return policy clear. Stay away from this company, as they are not honest and do not stand by their product.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

What you'll have a hard time finding while you are shopping for a GhostBed mattress is the EXACT return policy if you are unsatisfied with their mattress. Couple of things before you waste your money:

1. You cannot return any frame purchased with the bed if opened.
2. If you do not open the frame and want to return, that'll cost you 20%, even if you refuse at door.
3. If you need to make any changes to your order, including cancel, within an hour of placing, you cannot.
4. If you do return the mattress, GhostBed will less the value given any promotion, including additional promotions applied to other purchases - like frames and pillows.
5. If you do want to return your mattress, you'll need to call or email them, then wait 3 or more days to receive a call back/email back. This is all assuming the representative you speak with actually submits a return (first three calls did not).

6. Good luck with them ever finding your order number - you'll need to provide your email each time.

Saatva was SO much easier to deal with and they have a "plain as day" return fee and policy.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Had problems with shipping. Ghostbed's customer service didn't do anything after being asked repeatedly. Then when I did get it it was left on the street in the rain 3 stories from my condo door. Worst online Experience Is I have ever had.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I decided to try out their memory foam pillow after I saw it recommended on many websites that review “the best” pillows available. It didn’t end up working out for me as I have issues with neck pain and did not find this pillow helped with my neck pain after doing the 30 day trial. I sent the pillow back and kept a receipt for tracking. They received the pillow back on November 17th and since then I have contacted their customer service department 3 times by phone and 3 times by email. Every few days I would call to try to get them to give me a solid answer on how long it will take to get my refund and each time they said it would take up to 30 days, yet each time I called they kept adding to how long that 30 days would be and when the 30 days actually starts. They wouldn’t give me a straight answer.

It’s been 3 weeks and when I called tonight they said it would be 30 up to 30 days for the refund again, until they submit a ticket to the financial institution or something like that. I asked if I could have a deadline to write in my calendar as to when the 30 days is up so that if I do not receive my refund, that I can contact them again on this day, and they refused to give me a deadline. They never give straight answers and every customer service person I speak to seems to make up new rules on refunds as they go along.

I also haven’t been sent an email to review the pillow I tried out back in the beginning of October and I’m assuming they’re not going to allow me to leave a review because they know I returned the product. I also asked customer service about this and they gave a vague deadline of eventually sending me an email to write a review after my 30 day trial which I’ve already obviously completed since I’ve returned the pillow 3 weeks ago. They also take a long time to get back to you when you email in and sometimes don’t respond at all. I’ve never dealt with such a shady company, they seem to be stalling giving me my refund for some reason and it’s been a ridiculous and stressful process to try to get my money back. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I just want people to know the real deal of how they handle customer service here. I ordered a Ghostbed from their website thinking I got a great deal. Come to find out I found a way better price on costco.com so I called them back to cancel that order or at least see if they could meet me in the middle. Mind you I called within 24 hours. It would’ve been a savings of more than $1500 and they told me there’s nothing they can do and they can’t stop the process at this point once I ordered it. The bed had not even been shipped at this point, I talked to three different people including two managers and everybody told me there’s nothing they could do for me. Apparently since I called and asked to cancel it because I found a way better price I will no longer have any way to have their trial time.

If We don’t like the bed for any reason we are no longer able to send it back because of the fact that I wanted to get a different price so they now put it in their computer system that I am not allowed to send the mattress back. Just make sure you do your research and do not order from them if you have any thoughts that you might not like something or you think that they might be able to help you if something is wrong. I couldn’t be more Disappointed in the way they handled my situation. I can see if they didn’t want to do something if it was a couple hundred dollars but $1500 is a lot of money to have of a difference and there was no compromise with anybody in the customer service department! It was pretty much like I was told, "Well sorry but there’s nothing I can do for you!"

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

I was so excited to buy a smart bed. I spent amongst 14k for the split King mattress, adjustable base, protector and sheets. It included 2 free pillows. They sent a regular King mattress which defeats the purpose of a split king base. The manager told me to box it up and FedEx would pick it up and a split king will be sent. FedEx states it is too big for ground. It’s now been a month and no one has picked up the mattress, the split king, sheets and protector never came. Mind you I was also told by this same manager that I needed headboard brackets and legs. I did not. I had to ship them back at my expense. The tracking numbers show they were received. Ghostbed won’t acknowledge nor give me a refund on Anything. They was so quick to communicate with me while I was buying but literally went Ghost when the return was needed. Not only that, they never sent me my order. I only have an adjustable base.

Management won’t return my calls. The associate also stated that even though their site says free pillows, I won’t get them either. Also they confirmed the split king mattress has not shipped and at this point probably won’t. I still have this huge box in my home. It’s like they milked me for every penny and disappeared. I will be looking into my rights next week. Please check the reviews from independent sites, everyone with a return has the same issue I do. Please save yourself the heartache and prevent from losing thousands of dollars, stay clear of this company!!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

When I called them to buy a bed/mattress, they were very nice and said that if I didn't like it, I could "donate" and get my FULL REFUND. They NEVER once said that if I return/donate the mattress, they will take away ALL discounts and return a small amount and they weren't specific as to the adjustable base, they're NOT refundable at all!!! I paid a total of $4,259.93 and they ONLY REFUNDED ME $1,294.05!!!! They are thieves in my book. They need to be specific when it comes to their RETURN policy and NOT MISLEAD PEOPLE!!! And their customer service reps were RUDE and not helpful at all and it took a long time for them to even process my refund!!! PLEASE DON'T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY MISLEAD CUSTOMERS WHEN THEY CALL

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Ordered a topper for our mattress based on 30 day shipping. We were repeatedly mislead over and over about when this would ship, no access to managers/supervisors or the like. At 7 weeks, we requested a refund and opened a case with PayPal to make sure they returned our funds. Ghostbed replied through PayPal and indicated we would have to drop our case to process the refund or be subject to up to 75 more days to get out funds returned! PayPal confirmed this was totally untrue, we elevated our case to a claim and won, PayPal then forced them to refund our money after almost 2.5 months of being jerked around! We are so thankful we had PayPal to go to bat for us or I’m sure we would still be getting the run around for a product that was never even available. This company is not a legitimate, honest business. Avoid at all costs!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I ordered a $200 twin mattress topper on August 19, 2021. I was informed the item would ship within two weeks. It is now November 4, 2021, and I have contacted them 4 time asking when I will receive the item. Each time I have been told it should ship out soon. Read all the reviews on this site. They immediately take your money and never ship what is paid for. I would consider them fraudulent and they should be investigated.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I placed an order for a topper and it was charged to my credit card immediately. Yes the website said it would be 15-20 days to ship. After about 14 days I inquired if they could give me a date. Nope. Then they sent sent an email saying it would ship Friday Oct 15. Didn't happen. I emailed either ship by the 19th or give a refund as fast as they charged my card. Not sure which is slower, a refund or a non-existent shipping department and terrible customer service. They had the nerve to give referrals on a product I never got to use.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Truly awful product and company. I have not found the gel bed cool or comfortable. When I wanted to return the product because the sides of the bed collapse and you slide to the floor, the company wanted to know what temperature my bedroom was. My $150 mattress I bought at Costco for an extra mattress is just as comfortable.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I purchased a mattress topper from Ghostbed mostly because they advertise that their product doesn't have any chemical smells. It reeks and you will not be able to use it right away due to the strong chemical odor. They also advertise returns for any reason up to 100 days after purchase. I wanted to return the topper because it is really firm and I was looking for a product that would soften up my already firm mattress. The return policy only applies to mattresses, not toppers because they classify toppers as personal items. That makes me wonder what a mattress is since it is about as personal as it gets. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

The moment I tried to return my GhostBed, they "Voided" my "101-Night No-Risk" sleep trial. Their "no-hassle" return policy is a lie. The customer service process was adversarial all the way up the managerial ladder. Do not do business with this company. Maybe their mattresses would be comfortable for you, but there are plenty of mattress companies out there with more integrity who will honor their advertised guarantees.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

WORST COMPANY EVER! If I could give them ZERO stars I would. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. I wish I had read the reviews on here before making my purchase. I purchased a mattress after mine was damaged in Hurricane Ida because the delivery time was short. Even considering the delays in shipping due to the storm and the pandemic, I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY MATTRESS. I tried calling the company to have them track it down, and they can't figure out why it hasn't been shipped to me.

After a month of not having a bed and sleeping on my couch, I decided to try to get a refund. They told me that there's nothing they can do until the package is delivered and if I want to cancel/return my order I would have to refuse the delivery. I asked them how I would refuse a delivery THAT NEVER ARRIVES. (I've also talked to FedEx about it and they're just as horrible). No one will give me any answers, NOR WILL THEY EMAIL ME INFORMATION I'VE ASKED FOR REPEATEDLY.

Someone from Admin Support finally emailed me and told me that they were going to charge a 15% restocking fee when I refused the order THAT I NEVER RECEIVED and wanted to charge me to keep the pillows THAT CAME FREE with my $1300 purchase. They will not send me a prepaid label to send the pillows back but want me to pay for them! I've called multiple times and keep getting told that a supervisor will call me back. One week later, NO ONE HAS CALLED ME. Absolutely HORRIBLE "customer service" and an even worse company. I'll be posting this review in multiple places.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I ordered the GhostSheets. "The Coolest Sheets in the World," which is nothing short of a load of **. I made this purchase simply on their misleading idea that they were supposed to be cool sheets, and they did the absolute opposite. These sheets were pooling my sweat to the top instead of soaking in, making it even more impossible to sleep. They also wrinkle like no other sheets I've ever seen, right out of the washer and dryer (followed direct instructions). I contacted their support to get a return and refund, who told me to take specific pictures for them, in which I did. Afterwards they replied after and informed me that they have a NO RETURN policy; STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS! I ordered the Sleepnumber stay cool sheets and they were a world-of-a-difference better!

Ghostbed Company Information