2. Homeowners

Brandon, FL

1.4/5 (240 ratings)

About American Signature Furniture

American Signature Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Signature Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Signature Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

After purchassing the very expensive bedroom set (Charleston queen bed) from American Signature Inc, we had to move and lost the hardware for the bedrooom set. After calling american signature to order new hardware, they just told me to go to Home Depot and buy it because they will not order new ones for me. I found this ridiculous because when I went there to buy the bedroom set they did not told me to get it from home depot. I'm very disappointed. We paid over one thousand dollars for just the queen bed and they are not able to order (I didn't want it for free, I was willing to pay for the new set of hardware) new hardware for me??? Beware. Do not buy anything from them, because once you leave the store you are not a valuable customer anymore.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I Never had any experience with a cheater company like acceptance now. They are asking me to pay full loan amount after 120 days. I called a week before the end of 120 days and the office girl told me I can pay the remaining amount in November. When I called in end of October to pay the balance they are asking me to pay the whole amount again as I crossed 120 days of agreement. Is this a punishment if someone crossed 120 days even though I called to settle down the balance and never received any call from them regarding restart of contract. I feel American Furniture should kick them off as it’s spoiling their reputation as well. I am so new to USA and buying furniture from American furniture was the biggest mistake I have ever done. Please don’t get cheated people.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I purchased 2 recliner couches & 1 reclining chair that were delivered November 2019. By Summer of 2020, 1 couch & the chair were broken. We contacted ASF within the 1 year purchase/delivery. They sent a representative in 11/20. The couch frame was broken & had to be replaced (this took 9 months). The chair was "fixed" by the representative, but it was soon broken within 30 days. When closing the chair from reclining position, it would fall over, on top of me!! Finally, another representative was sent on 8/3/21 (all the delays were blamed on the pandemic) & he said that the problem with the chair recliner is the frame is too small for the chair itself. He was putting in a claim for replacement.

Upon calling ASF 9/29/21 I was declined a replacement because it was past the 1 year warranty. But they clearly knew of the problem within the year of purchase/delivery. I am stuck with a broken chair & the 5 year warranty plan declined because they have a 30 day reporting period. ASF gave me the run around for 8 months, then dropped me. I spent $4,000 & had two out of three pieces of furniture break within 1 year.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I recently purchased furniture from American Signature and while in the store the sales associate that assisted me was AWESOME. I was provided with a delivery date and all my questions were answered. I was advised that I would receive a call 3 days prior to the delivery. I actually received a call from an employee "Lo" who was BEYOND rude, unprofessional and needs to find another profession. She informed me that half of my items were delayed and couldn't tell me why "Just don't have it" as she stated.

I called back and spoke with the Sales manager Hannah whom apologized for Lo's lack of customer service it takes to fulfill her job. However when I asked Hannah about the delays she pulled the inventory up and stated they had plenty in GA at the warehouse and she doesn't understand why my bedroom set was being delayed.

Fast Forward to today and I received another call from Amy who informed me that the items would be delivered until Oct 13 and this date could change. Amy was more knowledgeable and a bit more helpful but not too much better. Now take note that I have a payment due on Oct 1 when I asked about the payment being due and what could be done to I was referred to the finance company. When I spoke to the finance company to voice my concern about not receiving a delivery date and making payments on items I have no idea when I would receive or even if I would ever receive the furniture the finance company opened a dispute to pause any payments for 30-90 days.

The finance company stated that American Signature has already been paid for the items so the company doesn't care. I truly believe this!!! It's like let's get people to come in the store and spend thousands of dollars and treat the customer like dirt AFTER we upsale and get their money. I know a lot of people are experiencing issues with delayed furniture and I totally get it but my only thing is at least be customer centric and not rude or argumentative to a paid customer.

I love their furniture and had plans on returning to update a few rooms BUT it definitely will NOT be American Signature....Being able to provide outstanding customer service and respect has always been a must whether I'm at the Dollar Tree or Ruth's Chris. Also note that I have called the Corporate office twice with no response from a Store/Regional/District Manager. Great job American Signature!!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

In May 2021 we went to American Signature on Atlantic Blvd, Jacksonville, FL. Our experience with our sales rep was great. When there the first day, I purchased a bed and chaise lounge. My boyfriend purchased a bed for his teenage son. The sales man rang them up separately but put them on the same delivery schedule so we would only have to pay one delivery fee. They told us that the Chaise and bed I bought would be delivered 7/9/2021 and the bed he bought would be delivered 7/6/2021. We were ok with that because we were closing in our house 7/1/2021. The next day after purchasing those items we decided we wanted to purchase a dining room set we saw there and we went back to the store. We agreed to pick up the dining room set from the store so we didn’t have to pay another delivery fee and they told us it would be there for pick up 9/1/2021. We agreed because we would just use our old set until it came.

On 7/1/2021 we had movers at our apartment packing all our furniture to move to the new house. Because all the new furniture was being delivered a couple of days later we threw out my stepson's old bed and our old living room furniture and guest room bed. We headed to the new house to sign the closing papers. While at the closing table they called to say the chaise and guest room bed was going to be delivered 7/27. So we asked about the bed for the stepson and were told it was still on track for 7/6. We were not happy because my other stepson that doesn’t live with us was flying in on 7/13 but would be ok because he would still have a mattress and box spring on the floor.

Then 2 days later they called and said the bed they just told us was still being delivered on 7/6 was being pushed until 8/11. I was furious…I called customer service and he told me they don’t guarantee delivery dates. It’s just an estimate. I told him I beg to differ that we specifically asked at the store will the stuff be delivered on time because we are purchasing our home and we don’t want to carry old furniture. If you’re telling us this is when our new furniture is coming they said yes this is when it will be delivered.

After arguing with the rude customer service rep about a refund of my delivery fees he finally put me on the phone with the manager of the store. Who proceeded to tell me he was only authorized to give me back half of my delivery fees… I said that wasn’t going to work for me because both different delivery dates have been pushed. Our child is sleeping on the floor because you promised his bed would be here so we got rid of the old one. After long arguments with both the customer service rep and the store manager he refunded my delivery fees.

Now fast forward to today 8/30/2021. We finally got the 2 beds and chaise. So I called to make sure the dining room set was still going to be ready for pick up 9/1. They assured me it was on time. Two hours later they called me and told me it won't be ready to be picked up until 9/14. I am looking for another dining room set at another store. If I find one I will be going to the store for a full refund in the morning. Moral of the story DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM AMERICAN SIGNATURE. After they have your money they are rude and will not hold up their end of a deal.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

Customer Service is obviously not a priority for American Signature. Their website is outdated and contains incorrect information. Pick Hours are inaccurate for the Brandon Florida store. Causing me to drive to the store to find out pick up hours changed. I called and was given two different sets of pick up hours, by two different employees. Waste of time.

Original review: June 28, 2021

We purchased an $2000 5 piece outdoor sectional, it was delivered pretty timely however the look and quality was disappointing for the price paid so we called for a return of the item, did not even unwrap the entire thing. They schedule a pick up a week later, they came and picked it up and suppose to get a call the day after to get the refund which I was told was few hindered less because of “re stocking fee”. Five days later I called, waiting time with them is at least 40 minutes which is horrible already. After more than 40 min I was disconnected.

I called the local store, they said they received the sectional but they don’t process refunds. So I called again the 1800- number … several days in a row. Eventually I got to speak with somebody’s after more than two week from the day of pick up! This customer service attendant answered - Cheyenne ** Customer Care Specialist American Signature, Inc. She said she is processing the refund and I will received it in 3-7 days. A month later there was no refund! I emailed her and she never answered again! I file a dispute with my credit card to get my money. Super frustrated and disappointed. Will never ever buy from them.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I purchased a warranty and my bed broke. Technician came out and said it could not be fixed. Logged on to site asked for a replacement, by the way it has not been resolved and it has been over 2 months, they want me to drive 3 hours because that’s the closest to me. That’s not the kicker. I explained I could not do 6 hours round trip so just give me the money back. I paid over $1k for the bed and warranty and they offer me $369. What am I suppose to do with that? I have shopped with Value City for years and have always purchased the warranty. Never had a problem but now since the store in Memphis is closed I can’t get good customer service. Today 5/25/21 I have been on the phone for 6 hours going back and forth. Talked to a supervisor she couldn’t help me so I asked for the manager owner until I can get some justice regarding this matter. Unacceptable how they are trying to handle this.

Original review: May 18, 2021

Whatever you do don’t do their 120 days no fees plan! The website to make payments never works, you have to call the store or go to the store to make payments. I tried to make my final payment for 3 weeks before it was due and due to problems on their end it didn’t get made in time so they tried to make me pay double what I had purchased it for, 6k for 3k mattress. And the 120 day exchange is bogus too. I had the most expensive mattress and when I went to exchange it the only choice was a cheaper one by almost 1k and they make you take the cheaper and pay for the more expensive. Delivery tore my alarm sensor off the door and never paid to replace it, furniture is cheaply made at best. Not worth the price and sketchy business practices. I’m sending the mattress back, I refuse to pay 6k for something that was already overpriced at 3.

Original review: May 11, 2021

In OCT 2020, we purchased a living room set & extra sofa for the basement. After several delays (as they did not have the furniture) we switched to a dining room set. We were advised we would have more luck with the switch. Well here it is -MAY 2021- and they delayed my delivery AGAIN until JULY 22, 21. They HOPE to have something to deliver in July. We made them refund our money! AFTER 7 months you can't deliver what you sell to customers? And then they want you to wait for a check for your refund... NEVER AGAIN. Stop selling what you do not have!

American Signature Furniture author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

American Signature Furniture stores are concentrated mainly in the Eastern half of the country. The company offers traditional furnishings, as well as home décor accessories and outdoor furniture.

• Selection: Find furniture for living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms, kids, plus mattresses and accent pieces.

• Protection Plans and Warranties: Vary by item.

• Delivery Services: A specialist will deliver and assemble your furniture. For a period of 1 year, a specialist will repair or replace defective items.

American Signature Furniture Company Information