1.23/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

American Signature Furniture

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 9, 2017

154 American Signature Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We bought a couch and when you turn it over the woods crack, all the screws gone, the staples are coming out. I mean they put this product together. Anyway we have a little baby is there staples everywhere on the floor. We just bought it two days ago.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My husband and I were very pleased with the 3 young men that delivered our grandson’s bed. They were on time and were very professional in their attitudes, attire, and aptitude. The young men's names were, Cory **, Xavior ** and Blake **.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Fraud alert! Beware!!! Stay away. Please DO NOT spend your hard earned money on this store. I am writing this feedback after sheer disappointment and frustration me and my family had to go through dealing with them. I bought recliner sofa around 2 years back and after I filed claim with Uniters 2 months back due to problem with both recliners on love seat, I got approved for $2179 on new sofa. I got call from Duluth (GA) store regarding this and when we went there I spoke to sales guy Joe ** and ** guy on customer service (08/12/17), and after checking with store manager he confirmed they won't take old sofa and we can buy another one for the approved price. Then we visited their Alpharetta store same day and worked with Manager Chester ** and sales agent Yuonned and he offered me free shipping and 10% off with pick of old sofa else he will charge shipping with NO PICK UP.

Finally he confirmed that he will not pick sofa but charge me shipping and I have it on record as text message from him which I have attached here. We ended up buying new sofa for more price and we paid the difference on 08/16/17. I confirmed with Manager Fergus multiple times before I left the store about the old sofa not to be picked and he verified. It took over an hour for him to finish the verification (from Uniters/Duluth store I believe) on this purchase. After his confirmation I donated it to a needy family next week because I have a small house and I cannot keep two sectionals. Our new sofa delivery date was 09/12/17. On 09/10/17 Sunday afternoon I got call from Duluth store to pick up old sofa. I called Duluth store they told me there is no note in the system NOT to pick up the old and asked me to work with manager whom I purchased this from.

Then I went to Alpharetta store to see Manager Fergus same day and guess what he was moved to Kenessaw store and the current store manager denied after waiting there for an hour and behaved very very rude. Then I went to Kenesaw store to see manager Fergus and he agreed that he confirmed for NO pick up of old sofa but no more with Alpharetta store and assured us to work with Duluth and Alpharetta stores and resolve this matter and call us next day. I waited patiently but I never got any call. So I called him right before store was about to close on 09/11/17 and then he made excuses that Duluth store was closed entire day and he could not talk to them.

Reality is Duluth store was open on 09/11/17 till 5 at least as I called them during the day. Since then I have been trying to reach Manager Fergus and he is not answering the phone and my new sofa has not been delivered yet and old one was gone 4 weeks back. Because of lack of knowledge of store Manager he goofed up everything and not responding to my calls and messages. PLEASE DO NOT TRUST THIS BRAND AND THIS STORE!!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

They sold me a warranty for a sofa and loveseat that I bought from there. The sofa and loveseat are completely peeling. They won't fix it because apparently the warranty doesn't cover bonded leather. The sofa is a bonded leather sofa! THEY SOLD ME A WARRANTY THAT DOESN'T COVER THE SOFA I'M BUYING? The warranty company is UNITERS. ASF told me to call them. Uniters is telling me to call ASF. Stay far away from American Signature Furniture and Uniters Warranty!

Original review: July 27, 2017

About 10 months ago I spent about $850.00 on a power recliner. I also bought an extended warranty to cover the motor… I chair stopped opening and closing about 2 weeks ago. I called the company and they sent someone out to look at my recliner one week later. The service man said the motor went in the chair and they would have to order the part, this happened yesterday. Today I get a call from a secretary at American Signature Furniture Brandon Florida to tell me that the motor was ordered and would take between 4 and 14 weeks to come in!!! Are you serious??? I spent well over $800.00 on a chair WITH a warranty and you tell me I can use said chair in 1-4 months??? BAD BUSINESS GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! I will NEVER SPEND ANOTHER DIME AT AMERICAN SIGNATURE FURNITURE!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Signature Furniture?

Original review: July 25, 2017

I bought a living room furniture. After a while starting to peel. The guarantee don't cover the peeling. They lie telling me that the guarantee covers everything. This scam. Don't buy furniture with them. Scams.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I found out that I would not be able to take delivery on the day they proposed. I called to see if alternate arrangements could be made. After being put on hold 4 times I finally was told that there was no way to adjust deliveries as it is computer generated. I work in IT, there is always a manual work around. I was offered deliveries for 3 weeks after I made the purchase during which time I would be traveling. I ended up cancelling the order as apparently they did not need the sale nor a satisfied customer. I would not recommend them at all. There are too many other places that want my business and will provide customer service. It won't take much to beat this experience. Buyer BEWARE!!

Original review: July 7, 2017

When American Signature Furniture runs a sale beware. The price you think you're paying in the store may not be the same as what you are ultimately billed. I thought I was paying just over $700 for my sleeper sofa but when the bill arrived it was almost $900. The free shipping turned out not to be so free. And because my bill came well after their 7 day grace period, I'm stuck. I did call their corporate offices and they offered to waive half of the delivery. So now, I'm paying just over $800. I will never shop here again. You should be very careful when listening to their sales people.

Original review: July 7, 2017

It's over. Finally they are out of my life American Signature Furniture. I bought a Lamp from them, Lamp-Shade did not fit on the Spindle properly. ASF had a Tech come to my house who noted another Lamp will be ordered, called the store in Atlanta. GA Manager extremely nasty attitude said a Lamp was never ordered, and they were human and we all make mistakes... Mistakes!!! I wrote their Corporate Office and filed a Complaint with the BBB, New lamp delivered same problem, tried to give me store credit... Huh? Took BBB to assist with a Full refund. Absolutely the worst company I actually every dealt with. By THE WAY THEY HAVE A F rating with the BBB.

Original review: June 24, 2017

I bought a leather recliner set and we were happy with it. After a while the leather started to peel and I called the store. They asked me to call the warranty company and told me that they will help me, I called the same day the warranty company. Their customer service agent was so rude and slow and she keep asking me the same questions more than one time in order to make me lose my temper. I tried to keep calm and she told me that she will put me on hold to process my claim, after a couple of minutes she told me that my claim was declined and I have to call the store back for the peeling leather is not covered under their warranty. This is a very bad experience and I do not recommend this store to any friend or enemy. Their warranty company is not a good company and their staff are below standard. Honestly I feel like a scam victim and they stole my money I paid extra for the warranty that I never had.

Original review: June 11, 2017

I am very disappointed with American Signature. They sell low end products. We purchase a "real leather" living room set from them with warranty. The set started peeling and they refuse to allow me to pick something of the same value because they said the warranty does not cover peeling. When you buy from them they lie about their warranty. This place is a scam. If you want high end product go elsewhere or if you must please DON'T purchase their warranty.

Original review: June 8, 2017

The warranty protection service when you buy American Signature is horrible. It does not cover what it says it covers. I and my sister bought furniture from both and spent thousands of dollars on the furniture and it peel and tore and the frame cracked and the warranty place found a way not to cover it. So I recommend the best this is to buy at your own risk and expect your purchase to last about a year. After reading the past reviews and when the problems started with me and my sister. So, don't buy it.

Original review: May 29, 2017

I purchased a leather sofa and love seat recliner set from American Signature Furniture as well as a dining set and king and queen bed frames. First I purchased the sofa set in 2016 and was told that the warranty (5-year warranty) covered EVERYTHING that could happen to the material. I now have a sofa arm that is ripped and the leather is peeling. I sent email with pics and then they sent out a repairman to see the damage... None less to say he tells me that the best he could do is sew the arm! I said I could do that! You're here because this is under warranty.

Well after being given the run around for 2 weeks I get a call from ASF stating that THEY decided that the damage was not done a manufactures defect and we are out of our 1-year coverage with ASF. WTH!!! If that's not enough when they delivered my king bed frame there were screws missing and when I called to tell them that I could not finish putting the bed together they started asking me questions like did I look at the back of the frame... I said, "Of course. That's where I got the rest of the tools from!" So the bottom line is that after going back and forth about the doggone screws I ended up buying some from Lowe's to finish the bed so I could get my mattress delivered... NEVER AGAIN will I purchase ANYTHING from this SHEISTY establishment again!! I would NEVER refer anyone for anything from these people who DO NOT stand behind their products or merchandise.

Original review: May 24, 2017

After purchasing furniture and arranging for a delivery date, I received 2 phone calls prior to delivery confirming the address and time of delivery. On the morning of the due delivery I received a phone call that the delivery truck went to a wrong address and although only 10 miles from my home, they would not be delivering the furniture. In speaking with the store they scheduled the delivery for the next day and said I would receive a call as to the time of delivery. I did not receive a call so I called the store at 10 am when it opened. I asked when the furniture would be delivered and was told the delivery truck would call me shortly.

After waiting another 2 hours I called the delivery phone number and spoke with customer service. They said my furniture was not even on the truck and now would be delayed another 3 days. When I asked why I was told the delivery truck was to call me with a time, I was told a clerk at the store probably just said that to get me off the phone. Bottom line is this company has no ethics, no customer service skills and cannot be believed.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I purchased the warranty agreement with my leather sectional sofa. We are 2 adult family with no children. The chaise part of the couch is fine but the regular section where I always sit started bubbling & finally ripped. I called them exactly in the date it happened. They came out to look at it & sent a denial letter even though the terms say the issue is covered under warranty. I have 30 days to repeal it. I have to fax copies that have faded even though they have me on file in their system. ** company crap furniture & useless warranty. Before anyone thinks it I'm 120lbs. So my little weight should not be causing the issue. The receipt is faded to the point of almost unreadable. That is how they purposely made it. Invoice #**.

Original review: May 18, 2017

I ordered a beautiful living room set from American Signature on 05/10/2017. They scheduled delivery to my home for Saturday 05/13/2017. I received several phone calls over the following days to confirm the pieces that were to be included with my order. I was given a window of time that the delivery would be made on the promised day. That morning, I got a phone call from American Signature stating that the delivery truck left without some of my pieces so they would be sending them out in a van. After some time the van never came and I got a call back stating that the pieces had actually never made it from the warehouse and they wouldn't be able to get them delivered from the warehouse until Wednesday 05/17/2017.

I was upset but agreed because I want my furniture. I got a call later the same day asking me which pieces were missing, shouldn't this be information they knew already? I was out of town at the time of the delivery, so when I returned on Sunday I realized that one of the accent tables that did make it to our house did not have the glass topping for it. I called Monday morning, was told the warehouse was closed and they would follow up with me the following day. Got a call on Tuesday and was told the table was now on back order and they wouldn't be able to get me the glass piece until the beginning of June. I was livid. Got a call back that afternoon saying they found the glass piece and it would be included with the rest of my delivery on Thursday, 05/18/2017.

Yesterday evening it was brought to my attention that another piece, a chair, didn't have the legs that were supposed to be attached to the bottom. I thought with the style of chair that it was, it could just sit straight on the ground... Not the case. Called back, they will try to find the legs to my chair. Delivery is set for today, never was given a window of delivery time. I got a phone call from them stating they were 45 minutes from my house. I managed to get a hold of my husband so he could meet them there, then they call back 7 minutes later saying they are outside. Meanwhile, my husband is 15-20 minutes away. It has been a nightmare from beginning to end. If I get home and don't have the rest of my living room set, I'll be calling back for them to come pick everything up and I'll go elsewhere.

Original review: April 27, 2017

My significant other and I purchased 2 dining room chairs (item # D00280DAC arm chairs-Esquire Cherry) at $200.00 a piece on 01/01/2017 at, AMERICAN SIGNATURE FURNITURE, location is in Bear Delaware, 301 Governors Square, 19701. Their phone number we've had to call several times here (302) 838-5188 // 888-751-8553 since 01/09/2017 at 12:32:14 about the assemblyment problem we encountered. In addition, we were going to go back for 2 more matching chairs in 2 months, but this experience I'm going to describe will make your head spin.

On my initial phone call to order the arm of the chair that peg broke off while assembling took 40 minutes on the phone. Moreover, I was told it would take 2 week, then 12 weeks, and we have not received the arm to date 04/27/2017. Today in just inquiries on how to file a complaint with Adam **, I'm told is the district manager it took me 2 hours and finally I just received his email address as **. I will give him a try, but if you're smarter than a 5th grader, Don't shop here because "all that glitters isn't gold"! Dang I wish we stayed away from this store.

Original review: April 17, 2017

Delivery guys for American Signature made absolutely NO EFFORT at all to deliver my furniture. They came in with a measuring tape and simply said "Too big". In the meantime, I had hired delivery professionals to move my personal furniture, and they brought it into my house without damaging the furniture or my residence. The delivery person(s) representing American Signature furniture are a DISGRACE!

Original review: April 10, 2017

I purchased sectional couch. They sold me warranty and said it covered everything. I was told I could puncture a hole with belt and it would be covered. Sounded like a good deal. Well couch is peeling like crazy and the stitching is coming apart at all the seams. Called today and was told not covered. Warranty states Covers leather but it doesn't state it covers Pure Leather which is what it states on my receipt as Pure leather. The furniture is obviously junk but the warranty is definitely not worth the paper it is written on. Anyone else having same problem? Have appointment with attorney next Tuesday to review and would like to know others w/ same issue.

Original review: March 30, 2017

Do not purchase the warranty on anything, if you use wrong descriptive term they will say it is not covered - scratch is a tear but don't use word scratch as they will say it is not covered. Word scratch is not listed as not being covered but other terms are. I have written the manager of the store in Madison TN, the owner of the warranty company and the owner of American Signature Furniture. No one responded. They do not care about customer satisfaction only making the sale. Do not purchase from them in any state, from reading previous reviews they are all bad. My chair costs $299, but with markup I bet it did not cost them $75.00.

Can you imagine denying a claim based on a word, this just tell us all something. They won't even follow what the warranty says about arbitration to settle if you are not happy about settlement. Warranty is a fraud, waste and loss of your monies. The warranty company is Uniters but this is what you purchase from American Signature Furniture. Now you have 2 companies ripping you off and nobody will fix the problem. They already have your money and mine. Stay away from American Signature Furniture and Uniters warranty. Too many other places to shop for furniture, like in Goodlettsville TN with BF Myers, free delivery next day... That is where we just bought more furniture... Now they know how to treat a customer...

Original review: March 22, 2017

I had placed a bedroom set for my daughter on layaway and I was offered a 10% discount since the amount exceeded $1000. I asked if I could still get the discount as I paid items off the list individually and I was told that would not be a problem. I have company coming over and I need the bed upfront. It looks like employees will tell you anything to make a sale. In the end when I went to get the bed the manager twisted things around to their convenience and had no interest in fixing and trying to understand the situation. American Signature refused to refund me but they did after a long argument and I didn't get my daughter's bedroom set. I left there with the worst experience ever.

Original review: March 18, 2017

Purchased a 3 pc living room suite. In only 2 years, with very little use the cushion seams came apart. I also purchased the 5-year warranty. Reported the problem over 2 months earlier. Still trying to get furniture fixed or replaced. Have stayed home for scheduled delivery. Still waiting.

Original review: March 12, 2017

I had picked out a sofa and love seat from American Signature Furniture in Plymouth Meeting, PA and it was delivered. I primarily sat in one spot on the love seat to watch TV. After a while, the foam would not support me. I would sink low, and you could feel the springs. I'm only about 190 pounds mind you. I had purchased a warranty on the furniture, so I made a claim. Well they were supposed to send a repair person out a few times, but it never happened.

Finally a repair man came out, but was unable to fix the issue, and said it could not be fixed. Signature Furniture took both the love seat, and sofa (which was still in new condition due to no use) based on my extended warranty I purchased, and offered me reduced pricing on a new set. I picked out a set, paid quite a bit, and had it delivered. About a year later and I have the same problem. The foam doesn't support me and I can feel the springs. Again. Although the furniture looks nice, the quality is terrible. I would recommend buying any sofas from this company as they use subpar foam.

Original review: March 9, 2017

The sofa and loveseat I got from this place peeled so fast I didn't have a chance to get comfortable! Warranty did not cover, only cover accidental issues. They won't tell you that your sofa will peel like a plague and will not cover that (wear and tear). Was I not suppose to sit on it? I understand it wasn't genuine leather but come on at least give heads up.

Original review: March 4, 2017

I purchased a couch and loveseat along with a warranty from American Signature Furniture. The material on the couch started to wear unusually. I had purchased it and was told it was leather. It even came with a leather kit. The company decided to replace both items (using the warranty) and I selected a new couch and new loveseat. The same thing happened and after having it for about 2 years I paid to have this furniture removed. It seemed like the (faux) leather was kind of painted on. This was with both couches. This furniture received no harsh punishment of any sort. The furniture in both instances was not of an acceptable grade. Both times it was about a 2,000.00 purchase for inferior furniture. The people from the Salvation Army removed it but did not find it acceptable to resell in their store. I purchased this from the St. Petersburg store in Florida.

Original review: March 1, 2017

This is the second time going into your store American Signature and have been treated unfairly. However I will never go to your store again. I went back for the second time thinking it would be a better experience against my better judgement. I went into your store in January for the 2nd time and was told if I pay in full I would get my furniture delivered on the date requested March 2, 2017. I paid in full back in January. I also received a email saying my furniture would be delivered that date and when I called for a time 3/1/2017 only to find out I would not be getting my stuff delivered on that date, the date I move in 3/2/2017. But now I have to run around to find something me and my family can enjoy...I will not recommend anyone to go to your store ever.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Delivery. I purchased over $2000.00 for a bedroom suite January 1st. They didn't have all the items in stock and said they wouldn't have it until February 7th. I had no problem with a delivery of February as it was my day off. On the 6th they called to confirm a window of 2-4 pm on the 7th. I scheduled my day around that. On the morning of the 7th they called and again confirmed 2-4 pm and told me the delivery would call a 1/2 hour before arrival. It is now 4:31 pm and no call. I checked the status of delivery on the website and it is now scheduled for arrival at 7:52 pm! Totally unacceptable as I have other errands I have to take care of. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I ordered a sofa, chair, and sofa table and took the day off to receive the merchandise. The chair wasn't delivered and nobody notified me other than the delivery guy to say it wasn't on the truck. I called and wasted 45 minutes of my time asking to speak to a manager. I was told by the Carol that it couldn't be delivered for another 3 weeks, when I asked for a manager suddenly the chair could be delivered on Saturday.

Here we are Saturday and no furniture! I received a call confirming my delivery from 8:30 am to 10:30 am. Today's story is that it won't be delivered until Wednesday because there is a "note" stating they couldn't reach me! I spoke to someone and confirmed my delivery, I have a record of the call! I didn't receive not even an "I'm sorry" until I spoke to the store manager Maria. Even then, nothing was offered to make things right other than "We can pick up your sofa and refund you or deliver next week." I am so beyond irate for the service, waste of my time and money. Don't buy from this company, not worth it!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I purchased a living room set, sofa, love seat and chaise, coffee table and two end tables. A high rise dining room set with the high chairs... Ok where do I begin... Ok within the first few days, the high sitting dining room table was wobbling, so I tried to fix that and it got a little better but it still was wobbling. The chairs that go with it, the screws CONTINUOUSLY fell out with the slates that hold the chair together.. so I have been CONSTANTLY screwing these screws in... and they STILL come out!!! The footrest on the two of my chairs have broken, the bolts underneath the seat of the chair CONSTANTLY come out... it's ridiculous!!! When I bought the furniture, I purchased the warranty. I think it expires this year. The lady told me that they didn't have my type of furniture anymore. It's discontinued. And for the warranty to work, the furniture has to have damage that's irreparable...

My cushions in the sofa are SOOOOOO low and this furniture is still practically new. The arm of the sofa cracks and moves really bad... My coffee table and end tables have skid marks on them where the wood paint came off... The love seat and couch pillows always separate... I WILL NEVER EVER IN MY LIFE WASTE MY MONEY AT THIS PLACE!!! The stuff catches your eye when you walk in, but the QUALITY of the furniture is HORRIBLE!!! If I could rate it 0 stars I would!!? I should have spent my money at Rooms To Go because I KNOW that their furniture is awesome. I have had theirs before but lost everything I had because of a best friend's doing. I know next time... You live and you learn.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

Purchased living room set for $2053.00 February 2014. Was told had lifetime warranty and receipt stated so. The headrest "leather" is now peeling off and the local store and home office have offered $880 store credit. That is totally unacceptable to two old people on social security.

American Signature Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

American Signature Furniture stores are concentrated mainly in the Eastern half of the country. The company offers traditional furnishings, as well as home decor accessories and outdoor furniture.

• No credit financing: When you're ready for a new dining room set but your budget doesn't quite agree, American Signature Furniture offers a 90-day, no credit leasing option. You pay as you go after the furniture is delivered.
    • Direct shipping: Many areas qualify for "direct to your home" shipping, saving you a trip to the store and delivery costs.
    • Double the difference guarantee: If you find the same item at a different store for a lower price, American Signature Furniture will refund you twice the difference if it's within 30 days of your purchase.
    • Easy Pass shopping: Easy Pass shopping lets you browse and select items online and then see these same items when you visit in-store. Just give an associate your email address to pull up your cart.
    • Large in-stock inventory: American Signature Furniture keeps a large inventory of in-stock items so you don't have to wait for weeks to get your new furniture.
    • Best for: Cost-savvy shoppers, families and professionals.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs