Brandon, FL

3.9/5 (155 ratings)

About American Signature Furniture

American Signature Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Signature Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

After several phone calls and waiting 6 months now for a simple hydraulic part for my sofa console that was delivered broken, this is rediculous. I spent $5700 on a leather sectional at the Stone Crest GA store with the promise of warranty that doesn't seem to exist. They did come out and look at the console and said it would be repaired within 2 weeks. That was 4 months ago. Then they called me to come pick up the part over 2 months ago, I drove 30 miles and it was a hinge that didn't even go with my sofa, still don't know why they couldn't at least UPS it to me as I could put the part in myself. Still have not heard back from them after calling several times. Worst customer service and I won't buy from ASF again.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

I ordered a bedroom suite. Finally delivered and after they left I noticed the furniture smelled like manure. Called the company they set up an appointment for a service tech to come out. That took almost 3 weeks. I put charcoal pads in the drawers, sprayed air fresher. Nothing/no help. Tech comes out and gaslights me saying he has the same set with same smell. Ok well what do I do? He says wait till it goes away. I say, "Has your smell gone away?" "Not yet." I say so what if it takes a year and it's still there? Can I return it. "Well no, he says." I say ok I want it picked up and returned. He says ok. That was almost 3 wks ago. Haven't heard a word from anyone. I guess I go to court.

© Useful 0
© Funny 0

Cool 0

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

My experience with pure promise was very bad, bought sectional from American signature almost $2000 less then 2 years and get declined for warranty service. Very poor customer service, unprofessional, poor quality too. Wasting your time and money.

Original review: July 18, 2022

I waited more than 6 months for the Moto 2-Piece Power Extension Sofa to come in stock. I had a delivery service pick up and deliver the sofa to me in February 2022. I live outside the delivery area (3 hours). In March, the sofa malfunctioned. The charging port and the reclining mechanism failed to operate properly. The company agreed to having a local company come out to make repairs. The repair company failed to show the initial appointment but did come out the next day. It was determined that parts would need to be ordered and the repair company would return to make the repair. I waited patiently for a few months and contacted the store. I was instructed that a manager would return my call soon.

When I contacted the store a week later, I was advised that, per the manager, a new sofa would be delivered to me either Monday or Tuesday the following week. I stressed that I live outside the delivery address but was advised that this was not an issue. I waited until Friday (July 15th) and contacted the store. I was given Corporate's telephone number to call. I spoke with Corporate and was advised that I would have to bring the malfunctioning sofa back and pick up the new one. I was told that store pick up had been previously set for today. I advised the agent that this had not been communicated to me. I also stressed that returning the malfunctioning sofa and picking up the new sofa will mean that I will have paid double the price of the sofa.

The company offered no other further compensation and stressed that it is operating within the terms of the warranty. I have been polite and more than patient. I am only for what I paid for, and do not think it is fair or good business that I will have to incur added expenses that will far exceed the value of the sofa. American Signature Furniture should stand behind their products and take ownership of any and all flaws.

Original review: April 16, 2022

I purchased a bedroom set in early September 2021 and now it is mid April 2022 and I still DON'T HAVE IT. Yes, there are supply chain problems and I understand that. HOWEVER, I was told I would receive the furniture by November 2021 which I thought was reasonable! First it was bumped to Dec, Jan, Feb, April, and now END OF MAY! Needless to say, I am paying for furniture that I do not have. Had I known it would not have come by now I would never have purchased this bedroom set. (The one front and center on the display floor) My complaint is not that they have supply chain control, my complaint is that they are in a win/win situation. Lie about when the product will arrive, get the customer to pay, and then don't worry while the customer waits for months (and at this point I am curious if I ever will receive it). My next question becomes when does the warranty start/end? Will it expire before I ever receive the product???

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I am surprised how this company has lasted so many years. It should have been forced to close, and the owners should be in jail for fraud. Not sure why BBB has not acted on them. STAY MILES AWAY FROM THEM. A bedroom set was bought in early October 2021. Now it is January 19, 2022 (3 and half months) and I have a set minus the Bed....Funny! A bedroom set without a bed..!! Today, the date has been extended to Feb 9 2022.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Some are recently short of help and the service is not well as others services is great. Everything is a bit overpriced and delivery time is too long.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

We were in the store on University, Sarasota looking at couches. And found one that we liked but came to an agreement with sales on a similar couch that could be delivered as a present in our time frame. Our agreement promised the couch to be delivered 3 weeks later and that we would bind this agreement by paying in full now. Except here we are 3 weeks later and no couch. Manager refuses to make good on sales agreement and say we have to wait 3 months total not weeks.

This is just despicable bait and switch. We are not accepting this and think company needs to do more. We are furious and have more to say about this as they should have told us up front the TRUTH.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

After purchassing the very expensive bedroom set (Charleston queen bed) from American Signature Inc, we had to move and lost the hardware for the bedrooom set. After calling american signature to order new hardware, they just told me to go to Home Depot and buy it because they will not order new ones for me. I found this ridiculous because when I went there to buy the bedroom set they did not told me to get it from home depot. I'm very disappointed. We paid over one thousand dollars for just the queen bed and they are not able to order (I didn't want it for free, I was willing to pay for the new set of hardware) new hardware for me??? Beware. Do not buy anything from them, because once you leave the store you are not a valuable customer anymore.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I Never had any experience with a cheater company like acceptance now. They are asking me to pay full loan amount after 120 days. I called a week before the end of 120 days and the office girl told me I can pay the remaining amount in November. When I called in end of October to pay the balance they are asking me to pay the whole amount again as I crossed 120 days of agreement. Is this a punishment if someone crossed 120 days even though I called to settle down the balance and never received any call from them regarding restart of contract. I feel American Furniture should kick them off as it’s spoiling their reputation as well. I am so new to USA and buying furniture from American furniture was the biggest mistake I have ever done. Please don’t get cheated people.

American Signature Furniture author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

American Signature Furniture stores are concentrated mainly in the Eastern half of the country. The company offers traditional furnishings, as well as home décor accessories and outdoor furniture.

• Selection: Find furniture for living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms, kids, plus mattresses and accent pieces.

• Protection Plans and Warranties: Vary by item.

• Delivery Services: A specialist will deliver and assemble your furniture. For a period of 1 year, a specialist will repair or replace defective items.

American Signature Furniture Company Information