1.37/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Brandon, FL

Looking for a good furniture store?

203 American Signature Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 21, 2019

Purchased a couch, large chair & side table from American Signature - Franklin, TN on 06/16 with a delivery on 06/21. Delivery men, Gerry & Julius called us when they were about 20 minutes out and arrived within the time frame that was told to us the day before for delivery. They asked where the furniture was to be placed and ensured everything was ready and we were pleased with our furniture before they left. Very professional, and very appreciative of their hard work and help with our new furniture!

Original review: May 28, 2019

I purchased two five piece sectionals from American Signature in Smyrna GA. The young men Jabari and Darrell were very polite and courteous. They also set up my sectionals as well as boxed up their trash and took it with them. My husband had an issue with something regarding the furniture and called and spoke with Cameron in customer service and she took care of the problem that day. So all in all we are pleased customers. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I visited the American Signature at North Point in Alpharetta Georgia a few weeks ago and I was approached by a lady who was smiling and asked if I was enjoying the beautiful weather, I was actually under the weather, but I smiled back because she seemed genuine. I lost my husband a few months ago, and I needed to get a new bed, I was a stay at home wife, I took care of my husband until he passed away. I never had credit and my credit score is pretty bad. I told Tonya my situation and she told me it was okay, she said she sorry for my loss, and that my credit score doesn’t matter, and that she will make sure that I get a comfortable bed regardless.

I asked if she could show me the scratch and dent section, then she said I didn’t have to limit myself to just that. She told me to browse around and pick out whatever I wanted. Ha, that sounded like a joke but ok. I found a nice bedroom set, then I asked about layaway, Tonya smiled and said they have options for everyone, she convinced me to do a credit application with no job, I agreed to and I was approved. She was just as excited as I was, and she said “I told you” we both laughed, I hadn’t laughed nor felt excitement in months. I really appreciate everything that she did for me, I’ll never forget Tonya, nor the company that gave me a chance when everywhere else said I didn’t qualify. One person can really make difference. I not only got a bedroom, but I also found a dinette set also. Thank you so much for going far and beyond, I’m so grateful for you all. You made a world of a difference and I’m so thankful.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I would like to say that American Signature Furniture stands behind their Furniture and honors their warranty, if there is ever a problem. Thank you for your quality of furniture that you sell and your superior customer service. A+. I purchased a Beauty Rest Standard King, Natasha Plush pillow top mattress, the motion adjustable base and the extended warranty on 9/1/2016. Well, a few weeks ago while getting in the bed I heard a pop noise and my butt sunk into the mattress. It was around 8:15 p.m., so I got out of bed and found my warranty paperwork and called the store. I spoke with Tony and explained my situation regarding the mattress and gave him my information. Tony advised, "Let me bring up your account." Then he replied; "I have it here, well no problem I will have it replaced."

I was transferred to the customer service department and I was offered a delivery date for 3 days later. I was amazed and kind of speechless. Once the new mattress arrived via an outside delivery company, the employee pushed it off the truck and the other employee in the roadway just let it hit the street, and one corner became damaged and got a tiny tear in it.

I called the store again and explained the problem. They replaced the mattress temporarily and re-delivered a brand new one four days later, January 30, 2019. All I can say now is, "That's Superior Service". The quality of their furniture is excellent as I have purchased a living room couch and chaise two years earlier and had purchased a warranty as well. The grandkids stained a few cushions. I called and they set up an appointment to have it cleaned. Once it dried the stain was still visible but that was not a problem. I called them back and they just ordered new cushions and delivered them once they came in. I have not had or heard of such customer service and the quality of the furniture is impeccable. The couch feels as firm as it was on day one as we sit on it today. I highly recommend AMERICAN SIGNATURE FURNITURE to anyone needing furniture today.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I am so happy that I got the experience that most people don't give when delivering. These two gentlemen were attentive and patience when they were bring in my furniture. Their names are Amilcar and his partner Hiran. Thanks, you guys were awesome.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Signature Furniture?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I went to American Signature on August 12, 2019 and was immediately greeted by a sales representative named Pablo ** at the Carrollwood Dale Mabry Store. His willingness to help me was very gratifying and I loved the help he was giving me. I worked with Pablo for about an hour or so picking out living room furniture, an amazing marble stone dining room set, a dresser with mirror, night stand and marble stone sofa couch table. Pablo asked me if I resided in a home or an apartment complex. Then I responded that I reside in an apartment complex. Then he asked asked at what level/Floor I was located on, I stated that it was the 3rd floor. He asked if there was an elevator, and I said no elevator. He stated that he had to ask because the delivery guys couldn't deliver higher than 4 floors. We set my delivery date for August 22, 2019 and I took the day off for this amazing furniture to be delivered.

American signature called me 3 days the week of my delivery to verify my delivery time between 12pm-2pm and date for August 22, 2019. I received a call for a final verification of delivery the day before. The morning of delivery, I ran a few quick errands before my delivery was to come. On my way back home, 50 mins before 12pm. I get a call from the delivery truck asking me if I lived on the 3rd floor and if there was a accessible elevator. Again, I said no. They told me that they could not deliver my marble stone table to the 3rd floor. They could deliver it to the 2nd floor and I would have to move it to the 3rd floor myself. Then I called Pablo and explained this situation to him and he said that he was only informed that they could only go no higher than the 4th floor. Pablo was very apologetic and said that he would have the delivery Warehouse manager call me so we can get this matter worked out.

Now, Myself being an educated ** Male. I feel very comfortable explaining my experience with the Warehouse Manager who also was an ** Male. He called me and didn't introduce himself with his name nor his title. He said and I quote "So I'm calling because you wanted to speak with a Manager". Then I said, "Yes, I have a delivery scheduled to be delivered in 50 mins to my home. The delivery driver called me to tell me that they will not be delivering my marble stone dining table today." He said, "that is correct because due to liability issues they cannot deliver furniture to 3rd floors and 4th floors anymore." Then I told him that Pablo ** my sales representative wasn't aware of this issue either.

Then the Warehouse Manager tells me in the same conversation. "We have the Mirror and nightstand and your marble couch table on the truck now, but your dresser arrived yesterday damaged and we can deliver everything else except for the dining table and dresser." Then he proceeds on with excuses and I have no tolerance for them when they make no sense. Quoting him again "We couldn't call you last night because we had issues with our phone lines so, I'm calling you today from my personal cell phone." Then I said, “You have a lot of excuses and I don't do excuses. Just like your calling me today from your personal cell phone, you could have done the same thing yesterday.” In his voice there was no type of sympathy, empathy nor remorse for the inconvenience they caused. It was more like, you can always cancel your order and go somewhere else.

I'm writing this review to definitely help someone else from having to deal with the issue that I was confronted with from American Signature. I had been a customer of American Signature since 2009. You would have thought they would have been more accommodating to my needs and I am so disappointed. I will no longer use this company. If anyone is going to purchase from this place, please use my review as a teaching tool. The store is not properly informed on the Warehouse policy and procedures.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I ordered the coffee table online for a good price. I received an order confirmation and pick up was like a month from the order date. Then after like three weeks of waiting, the store manager called me that they have to cancel my order because they don't have this table anymore. The manufacturer still makes the coffee table but they can't get me what I ordered. Why they offered it for sale? Vogue Coffee Table Graphite or online everybody sells it as Revere Coffee Table in Graphite.

Original review: July 18, 2019

On March 1, 2019 I purchased a sectional with chaise because I visited my uncle's house and fell in love with his larger sectional (same model). I was delighted when I went into the store and the salesman showed me a black one, just as I wanted. I was approved for the store card and ended up buying a $2500 mattress set and 3 pillows for an additional $400 plus the protection package for all. With that being said, I spent over 5k when all I came in for was a sofa; but the products were great and the salesman seemed to do a great job. This was February 28-ish of 2019... NOT EVEN THREE MONTHS LATER I was sitting on the loveseat portion and the sofa DROPPED, it split in the middle portion of the frame.

I'm 5'3, 120 lbs and live alone with rarely any company. I'm thinking, well this is exactly why I didn't buy from Value City or somewhere cheaper but nonetheless it was "no biggie" that's why I purchased insurance. I contacted the insurance company and was told to contact the store since it was within the manufacturer's one year warranty. HOWEVER!!! I contacted the store and was told the sofa was "as-is" and the warranty I purchased was for the actual bed not even the sofa or mattress and there was nothing I could do. I asked to see where it said that and they produced a receipt and the difference in price, from the regular price and the "sale" the salesman gave me was $200.

My pillows cost more than that! Why would they think I would want to "save" $200 on a BROKEN SOFA! A manager came out to assist and all they could offer is to send a person out to "look at the sofa for a charge of $85" out of my pocket and any cost of the repairs would be on me minus a 10% discount they offered. I almost broke out in tears, I was so upset, angry, sad whatever other adjectives you can come up with. I was ripped off and they insulted me more by offering 10% on another sofa. A month later, no follow up AT ALL from the company or salesperson, I have toys supporting the bottom of the sofa so I'm not on the floor.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Let me tell you about our experience with American Signature Furniture: We bought a sectional on March 3rd with recliners on both ends. We really liked it and couldn't wait to get it. The salesman was very nice with great in the store service!!! Sofa was delivered the next week. When Mark came home, he tried to recline the end of sofa and could hear scraping and popping noises, and it was leaning to the left. Called the store back and told them it was broke. They told us they would send someone out to look at it. First day they could do that was March 30th. Repairman came out and stated it was the mechanism underneath, it was bent on the bottom (prob. done on delivery) and would need to order the part to fix it. After several calls in April, they told us they got the wrong part and had to reorder.

After several weeks and several conversations, they finally agreed to replace the left end recliner with something from the store!! They finally came out the first week of June to deliver the left end recliner but when the came, they of course had the wrong end!!!! Called the store again!!!! They stated they would get the correct end and set up another delivery. Finally called back and stated they could deliver the correct end of the sofa on the 13th. I told them I had to work, so it would have to be in the morning. The girl stated she would write that down.

They called the day before to confirm, stated they would be there in the afternoon between 2-4. I told them I could not do that because I work. She stated, "Well this is the time we have." Great customer service!!! Told her I would have to reschedule for my day off. Again, rescheduled for the 18th. They called on the 17th and stated they would be there on the 18th between 8-10 AM. REALLY. Of course when I am off. Finally on June 18th, over 3 months after the purchase of our sectional, I finally received the correct end. I will never do business with this company again!!!!

Original review: June 19, 2019

We purchased a power reclining sofa from American Signature on 1/9/2015 with a 5 year warranty. From the beginning we had problems. What a mistake! ASF would not help us, denying all responsibility for selling us a defective product, since we purchased a warranty. First after about 6 months one of the recliners would not open. After a half a dozen calls to the warranty company, they finally fixed that. Then one side would open and the other would not close.

It took several months for them to send someone out who could not fix it. Then when we called again numerous times, they said we had someone else work on it — it was their service rep! We disputed this, and also sent photos of the peeling leather on the back of the headrest. After another two months they finally said that they would send the replacement parts in 12 weeks, but would not cover the peeling leather. I would definitely not recommend American Signature Furniture. They do not stand behind their products and the warranties that they sell are not worth the paper they are printed on.

American Signature Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

American Signature Furniture stores are concentrated mainly in the Eastern half of the country. The company offers traditional furnishings, as well as home décor accessories and outdoor furniture.

• Selection: Find furniture for living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms, kids, plus mattresses and accent pieces.

• Protection Plans and Warranties: Vary by item.

• Delivery Services: A specialist will deliver and assemble your furniture. For a period of 1 year, a specialist will repair or replace defective items.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs