2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Brandon, FL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.99/5

American Signature Furniture Reviews

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

My husband and I have been dreading going furniture shopping. We both have been in many furniture stores in the past, and can honestly say have never had any experience that we would title even remotely “pleasant”. In fact, when me and my husband walked into the Kennesaw American Signature Furniture on Sunday 9 February, we had already discussed an exit plan as well as what we would say to escape a pushy sales person bothering us while we searched the store. Lucky for us, we were greeted by Chris ** when we walked into your store, and are proud to say this has completely changed the way we look at the furniture buying process!!

He provided us with the most amazing buying experience either of us had ever had. He gave us the space we desired but never found ourselves without someone to answer our questions. He wasn’t pushy, was very knowledgeable about the products, and most importantly made us feel comfortable and as though we were getting the best deal. Our experience with Chris ** was so pleasant that after purchasing $4000 worth of furniture when we were walking out of the store, instead of conversing about our new goodies, we were actually talking about how amazing he and our experience was. We were more excited about the great service we got than the lovely furniture we just ordered! Chris ** - thank you for your AMAZING buying experience. If our furniture is even half as amazing as the buying experience then we will be happy customers!!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Needing to furnish a two bedroom condo. My partner and I went to numerous showrooms and worked with numerous sales reps. By far Vivian was the best! She was attentive without being pushy. Gave us space when we needed it and was right there with us when we were deliberating a piece & needed her expertise. She moved pieces around and made very useful suggestions. Moving to a new city and having to furnish a new place can be very stressful. It was a joy to work with Vivian and I highly recommend asking for her if you are in Miami. ~ Maureen

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at American Signature Furniture on Sunday 11/10/19. The sales associate (Erica **) was extremely professional and such a joy to work with! She helped us find the perfect sleeper sofa and within our budget. We are a repeat customer and will continue to go to this store for future furniture needs. I highly recommend this store! :-)

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I purchase a very nice recliner. When it arrive it was not the color that I wanted. The price of the chair was $ 1332.79. Needless to say I was disappointed. I called American Signature Furniture and told them I wanted to return the chair. They told me "Sorry you didn't receive what you wanted. We will send someone to come and pick it up." It was about 250 miles away I had to wait 5 weeks for them to come and pick it up.

When after 19 days from when they pick it up I still have not receive my credit. I called to see what happen they took care of it right away the only problem was. They were going to charge me $250.00 for delivery. I called them back and they took the delivery charge off. There was this nice woman there Shannon who help me with my problem. She was an excellent customer service representative. She made the process of getting my total refund back easy. American Signature Furniture is an excellent company which I will be doing business with them again. Thank you. Alan

Original review: June 21, 2019

Purchased a couch, large chair & side table from American Signature - Franklin, TN on 06/16 with a delivery on 06/21. Delivery men, Gerry & Julius called us when they were about 20 minutes out and arrived within the time frame that was told to us the day before for delivery. They asked where the furniture was to be placed and ensured everything was ready and we were pleased with our furniture before they left. Very professional, and very appreciative of their hard work and help with our new furniture!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Signature Furniture?

Original review: May 18, 2020

Extremely pleased with the excellence in service provided by Consultant Mr. Jorge **, at the "Tropicaire Shopping Center" showroom in Miami. His professionalism and quality of service is highly appreciated and recommended to others.

Original review: May 16, 2020

We purchased a leather recliner and couch three years ago with the warranty. We recently submitted a claim because the automatic recliner stopped working. Upon investigation we could see that a portion of the mechanism was bent. We submitted thorough evidence and additional requests to the warranty company and have been denied. They have determined that this was a manufacturing defect, therefore not covered. While our warranty states "Certain structural or component failures due to a defect in materials or workmanship during normal residential use" are covered, they have denied it. They are saying that a defect in workmanship caused the failure after 3 years of use, yet their wording allows them to refuse our claim.

NEVER buy from this company. We were hesitant to buy the warranty but the sales associate assured us that it would ensure we would have functional attractive furniture for years to come. I am at a loss as what else to say, just hope that this will prohibit others from making the same mistake we have made. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. DOES NOT BACK THEIR PRODUCT!!!

Original review: March 26, 2020

This was the worst purchase I have ever made! And it’s not the product, it was the hassle I went through with customer service, in the store and corporate office! I waited over 6 weeks to get the right piece to my sectional! They delivered it broken and then every week for 6 weeks they kept delivering the wrong piece! They were nasty and didn’t care about my feelings! They also told me I would receive a $100 store credit and when I got to the store the store manager said he was not giving me a store credit. WORST! customer service ever!

Original review: March 5, 2020

This was a horrible place to shop. Nothing I ordered was complete. I had things I didn’t order. When I called Melody to notify her of my missing items she told me they would be shipped in a up to a MONTH.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I purchased a sofa and ottoman from American Signature at Cobb Parkway store in Atlanta. I was very excited to pick up. After one month of normal use the sofa began to have no support. I called the store and a nice gentlemen was sent out. He advised sofa would be replaced. Sofa came in and I had to rerun the original in exchange for the new one. Now the second sofa is doing the same. I would like my money back but this is not an option per the store after asking the first time. I am out $1,400 and stuck with a sofa that does not hold up. I do not recommend American Signature. I was treated very rude. The manager and staff had no customer service skills. More people need to know how bad the service and quality is. I just want my money back and this furniture out of my house.

American Signature Furniture author review by ConsumerAffairs

American Signature Furniture stores are concentrated mainly in the Eastern half of the country. The company offers traditional furnishings, as well as home décor accessories and outdoor furniture.

• Selection: Find furniture for living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms, kids, plus mattresses and accent pieces.

• Protection Plans and Warranties: Vary by item.

• Delivery Services: A specialist will deliver and assemble your furniture. For a period of 1 year, a specialist will repair or replace defective items.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team