Brandon, FL

1.4/5 (246 ratings)

About American Signature Furniture

American Signature Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Signature Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Signature Furniture?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

My experience with pure promise was very bad, bought sectional from American signature almost $2000 less then 2 years and get declined for warranty service. Very poor customer service, unprofessional, poor quality too. Wasting your time and money.

Original review: July 18, 2022

I waited more than 6 months for the Moto 2-Piece Power Extension Sofa to come in stock. I had a delivery service pick up and deliver the sofa to me in February 2022. I live outside the delivery area (3 hours). In March, the sofa malfunctioned. The charging port and the reclining mechanism failed to operate properly. The company agreed to having a local company come out to make repairs. The repair company failed to show the initial appointment but did come out the next day. It was determined that parts would need to be ordered and the repair company would return to make the repair. I waited patiently for a few months and contacted the store. I was instructed that a manager would return my call soon.

When I contacted the store a week later, I was advised that, per the manager, a new sofa would be delivered to me either Monday or Tuesday the following week. I stressed that I live outside the delivery address but was advised that this was not an issue. I waited until Friday (July 15th) and contacted the store. I was given Corporate's telephone number to call. I spoke with Corporate and was advised that I would have to bring the malfunctioning sofa back and pick up the new one. I was told that store pick up had been previously set for today. I advised the agent that this had not been communicated to me. I also stressed that returning the malfunctioning sofa and picking up the new sofa will mean that I will have paid double the price of the sofa.

The company offered no other further compensation and stressed that it is operating within the terms of the warranty. I have been polite and more than patient. I am only for what I paid for, and do not think it is fair or good business that I will have to incur added expenses that will far exceed the value of the sofa. American Signature Furniture should stand behind their products and take ownership of any and all flaws.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2022

I purchased a bedroom set in early September 2021 and now it is mid April 2022 and I still DON'T HAVE IT. Yes, there are supply chain problems and I understand that. HOWEVER, I was told I would receive the furniture by November 2021 which I thought was reasonable! First it was bumped to Dec, Jan, Feb, April, and now END OF MAY! Needless to say, I am paying for furniture that I do not have. Had I known it would not have come by now I would never have purchased this bedroom set. (The one front and center on the display floor) My complaint is not that they have supply chain control, my complaint is that they are in a win/win situation. Lie about when the product will arrive, get the customer to pay, and then don't worry while the customer waits for months (and at this point I am curious if I ever will receive it). My next question becomes when does the warranty start/end? Will it expire before I ever receive the product???

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I am surprised how this company has lasted so many years. It should have been forced to close, and the owners should be in jail for fraud. Not sure why BBB has not acted on them. STAY MILES AWAY FROM THEM. A bedroom set was bought in early October 2021. Now it is January 19, 2022 (3 and half months) and I have a set minus the Bed....Funny! A bedroom set without a bed..!! Today, the date has been extended to Feb 9 2022.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Some are recently short of help and the service is not well as others services is great. Everything is a bit overpriced and delivery time is too long.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

We were in the store on University, Sarasota looking at couches. And found one that we liked but came to an agreement with sales on a similar couch that could be delivered as a present in our time frame. Our agreement promised the couch to be delivered 3 weeks later and that we would bind this agreement by paying in full now. Except here we are 3 weeks later and no couch. Manager refuses to make good on sales agreement and say we have to wait 3 months total not weeks.

This is just despicable bait and switch. We are not accepting this and think company needs to do more. We are furious and have more to say about this as they should have told us up front the TRUTH.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

After purchassing the very expensive bedroom set (Charleston queen bed) from American Signature Inc, we had to move and lost the hardware for the bedrooom set. After calling american signature to order new hardware, they just told me to go to Home Depot and buy it because they will not order new ones for me. I found this ridiculous because when I went there to buy the bedroom set they did not told me to get it from home depot. I'm very disappointed. We paid over one thousand dollars for just the queen bed and they are not able to order (I didn't want it for free, I was willing to pay for the new set of hardware) new hardware for me??? Beware. Do not buy anything from them, because once you leave the store you are not a valuable customer anymore.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I Never had any experience with a cheater company like acceptance now. They are asking me to pay full loan amount after 120 days. I called a week before the end of 120 days and the office girl told me I can pay the remaining amount in November. When I called in end of October to pay the balance they are asking me to pay the whole amount again as I crossed 120 days of agreement. Is this a punishment if someone crossed 120 days even though I called to settle down the balance and never received any call from them regarding restart of contract. I feel American Furniture should kick them off as it’s spoiling their reputation as well. I am so new to USA and buying furniture from American furniture was the biggest mistake I have ever done. Please don’t get cheated people.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I purchased 2 recliner couches & 1 reclining chair that were delivered November 2019. By Summer of 2020, 1 couch & the chair were broken. We contacted ASF within the 1 year purchase/delivery. They sent a representative in 11/20. The couch frame was broken & had to be replaced (this took 9 months). The chair was "fixed" by the representative, but it was soon broken within 30 days. When closing the chair from reclining position, it would fall over, on top of me!! Finally, another representative was sent on 8/3/21 (all the delays were blamed on the pandemic) & he said that the problem with the chair recliner is the frame is too small for the chair itself. He was putting in a claim for replacement.

Upon calling ASF 9/29/21 I was declined a replacement because it was past the 1 year warranty. But they clearly knew of the problem within the year of purchase/delivery. I am stuck with a broken chair & the 5 year warranty plan declined because they have a 30 day reporting period. ASF gave me the run around for 8 months, then dropped me. I spent $4,000 & had two out of three pieces of furniture break within 1 year.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Updated on 01/07/2022: The WORST customer service from ANY company that I have ever in life dealt with!!! From store level to Corporate. No sense of understanding or empathy to deal with their customer's needs. I have been looking for a new bed set due to recently moving into my first home and found a set that I absolutely fell in love with at ASF. This turned out to be the biggest mistake I have ever made in my adult life.

I ordered the furniture on Sep 6 2021 and was advised ALL items were in stock and would be delivered on Sep 25. Four months later and countless phone calls to the store and Corporate still missing half my items. I received my dresser, mattress and adjustable base in Oct because those were the only items available and I demanded those be delivered. That was my second mistake. The delivery drivers were 3 young guys that made a mock of my home!!!! Moved ALL my furniture off my porch without my knowledge and refused to put it back. Then when I went to inspect the items that was delivered I discovered my BRAND new out the box mattress had been spoiled with sweat from one of the men.....BEYOND disgusted.

Called the store to speak with the Store Manager and advised the reason for the call and she stated "Oh I'm not getting involved in that. Talk to the Shipping manager" and received their standard ** from him... I should have returned the items and ended the relationship right then!! Since that date it has been a complete nightmare with the delivery date getting changed constantly.

It's amazing that this company has been paid in full but feels like, "Oh well you will get your items when you get it"!!! I know a lot of other customers are in this same boat without a paddle but why continue to take people's money if you can't fulfill orders from over a year ago???? And continue to lie to customers??? I was told today that my delivery has been pushed back until March 2022...which is just ridiculous. I will NEVER do business with this company ever again and will encourage friends, family and even enemies to stay away from this company if you want a wonderful experience that doesn't come along with stress, headaches and being treated like a piece of crap!!!

Original Review: I recently purchased furniture from American Signature and while in the store the sales associate that assisted me was AWESOME. I was provided with a delivery date and all my questions were answered. I was advised that I would receive a call 3 days prior to the delivery. I actually received a call from an employee "Lo" who was BEYOND rude, unprofessional and needs to find another profession. She informed me that half of my items were delayed and couldn't tell me why "Just don't have it" as she stated.

I called back and spoke with the Sales manager Hannah whom apologized for Lo's lack of customer service it takes to fulfill her job. However when I asked Hannah about the delays she pulled the inventory up and stated they had plenty in GA at the warehouse and she doesn't understand why my bedroom set was being delayed.

Fast Forward to today and I received another call from Amy who informed me that the items would be delivered until Oct 13 and this date could change. Amy was more knowledgeable and a bit more helpful but not too much better. Now take note that I have a payment due on Oct 1 when I asked about the payment being due and what could be done to I was referred to the finance company. When I spoke to the finance company to voice my concern about not receiving a delivery date and making payments on items I have no idea when I would receive or even if I would ever receive the furniture the finance company opened a dispute to pause any payments for 30-90 days.

The finance company stated that American Signature has already been paid for the items so the company doesn't care. I truly believe this!!! It's like let's get people to come in the store and spend thousands of dollars and treat the customer like dirt AFTER we upsale and get their money. I know a lot of people are experiencing issues with delayed furniture and I totally get it but my only thing is at least be customer centric and not rude or argumentative to a paid customer.

I love their furniture and had plans on returning to update a few rooms BUT it definitely will NOT be American Signature....Being able to provide outstanding customer service and respect has always been a must whether I'm at the Dollar Tree or Ruth's Chris. Also note that I have called the Corporate office twice with no response from a Store/Regional/District Manager. Great job American Signature!!!

American Signature Furniture author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

American Signature Furniture stores are concentrated mainly in the Eastern half of the country. The company offers traditional furnishings, as well as home décor accessories and outdoor furniture.

• Selection: Find furniture for living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms, kids, plus mattresses and accent pieces.

• Protection Plans and Warranties: Vary by item.

• Delivery Services: A specialist will deliver and assemble your furniture. For a period of 1 year, a specialist will repair or replace defective items.

American Signature Furniture Company Information