1.31/5
Based on 178 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a good furniture store?

Brandon, FL

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

185 American Signature Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

We Purchased the “Bonded Leather” huge sectional sofa and was told it was real leather! Then it started to peel all over & even underneath, if that is possible! Flakes of small black pieces are EVERYWHERE!! It’s on the Floor, gets on you, your hair, the cat, it travels with you. You find It on the kitchen floor, the bathroom, the hallway... It travels everywhere, & sticks to everything, but the sectional sofa it’s supposed to be on!!! They gave us some liquid treatment package, and said we had to use this or else it would void our warranty. The peeling process already started, but once I used it -I watched the peeling process speed up right before my eyes. What the heck did we buy for over $2,000? They said it was leather... Well, it’s not! We truly feel like we have been taken advantage of.

I would love to post a picture of how ugly this sofa looks now. Looks so awful! Truly embarrassing- I don’t want anyone to come over to visit! Don’t BUY anything bonded from AS!! Wish we knew what bonded was before we bought it! We really thought this would be the last sofa we would purchase. Now we can’t wait to get rid of it! I just can’t write enough on how ugly and embarrassing the peeling flecks of leather and now exposed rag tag material looks... And it’s the first thing you see because it’s all over the surface of the sofa. OMG!!! Who sells this type of non quality product and lies about it? And sleeps at night? Don’t they understand not everyone has $2,000 to spend on a sofa every few years! Shame on you American Signature!!!

I tell everyone the kind of poor quality furniture you sold us and how the salesperson lied about the material to make a sale! Where is your integrity?? People are horrified when they come over and see the condition of the sofa. I tell them to NOT purchase anything from American Signature because you may not get what you pay for or even the truth about what you pay for!!! Thanks for making my family room look shabby and ugly, and now I can’t afford a new sofa after my husband’s year of cancer treatment! So every time I sit down on the sofa and another piece of flaking bonded leather floats to the floor or gets on me-I’m reminded how we were taken advantage of and that we threw away $2,000!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I got 4 theatre seats and when they delivered the 4 seats, one was missing a simple cord that powered the seats. They told my wife "I can go pick it up"? What is the point of paying for delivery if you have to go back and pick up their mistake. I called and asked to talk to a manager and the manager NEVER called me after 3 attempts. I was told they would ship it and waiting a week and when I called they never shipped it. I called my original sales person and she had to apologize for that horrible manager in Kennesaw and she had to drop it off. I applaud her for doing that but there is something really wrong with upper management here. They showed me that they do not care about their customers. I already expressed this with BBB. I would never spend another cent with this company.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I am so happy that I got the experience that most people don't give when delivering. These two gentlemen were attentive and patience when they were bring in my furniture. Their names are Amilcar and his partner Hiran. Thanks, you guys were awesome.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I have never posted a negative review on anything product or service until dealing with American Signature Furniture. The customer service was deplorable, and their delivery department(outside vendor) are lacking all integrity. I've filed a grievance with their company, but am sure I won't receive a response, so I'm hopeful this review will prevent other people from going through what we had to just to get furniture delivered. Do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere, please! The location in Kennesaw, GA specifically should not be in business with as badly as they treat customers.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I ordered a chair. It was set up for pick up and I paid for assembly. I was called in the morning and was told that my chair would be in at 2pm and would be ready for pick up any time after 2pm. I waited until 6:20 pm to arrive to pick up. Kim at the delivery window in the warehouse was very unhappy. She said she hated the holiday. I said, ‘Well my order will be quick since it is only one dining chair.” She said, “No it is not easy because it is in a box with two.” I said, “It shouldn’t be since I paid for assembly.” She said, "It is not assembled." I said, “It better be. I paid and it’s late.”

She said that just because I paid doesn’t mean it will be assembled. And, "Now you will just have to wait for assembly." I talked to the manager named Max and he was rude too! He could care less. I said, "Give me a credit and I will never shop at ASF again." The manager could of given me a already put together chair from their display, but he did not. He was not willing to right a mistake that he did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Signature Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Long story short, they messed up my order, sent workers out and they broke my ceiling fan and never came back to put my adjuster together. When we complain all we got was the runaround. My husband had to fix the ceiling fan and put the bed together. We spent 3,000$ with them and were treated very poorly. I would suggest to you and anyone else DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

We bought a lounge chair from Ft. Myers, Florida store in 2016. On Oct. 22, 2018 the support bar under the seat completely snapped off from where it was welded. Huge structural issue that can't be repaired and when I called ASF they said they can't do anything because it only had a 1 year warranty. This is definitely a defect and they should be responsible for it. Wouldn't buy anything from them again ever!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Ordered a daybed and mattress around the end of June/early July 2018 and received a noticed that everything would be ready to deliver by August 1, 2018. Towards the end of July, I called to schedule a time for delivery (since I was never contacted) and was told the mattress was ready for delivery but the daybed was delayed until Sept. 2018. So I asked why wasn’t I notified and the rep told me I needed to tracked the order on my own. Number one, as a paying customer I shouldn’t have to call or stalk down my order status every day when there’s all types of technology available to keep your customers fully aware of their order. I truly believe if I hadn’t called that day they would have never said anything.

So after the rep stated the daybed would be ready for delivery early Sept. 2018 and that they could hold the mattress until then I let some time go by and called back towards the end of August 2018. I was then told the mattress was now out of stock and the daybed was in stock. Now I’m like they’re playing games! So the rep called the manager at the local DE and he tried to supplement the mattress with another to keep my delivery on track for early September. So I agreed. After the Labor Day holiday, I called on 9/4 to confirmed the delivery for 9/7 and was told everything was ready to ship and that I’d receive a call on 9/5 with the delivery timeframe. I’m like ok. I received a call on 9/5 like they said; however, I was told the daybed was now out of stock.

I was done at that point and ask for the manager. After waiting on hold for 5-10mins, the manager gets on the phone acting like he was looking up my invoice and claimed to have issues with the system. I’m like, "Can you please explain to me how the daybed went out of stock after being told everything was set for Friday, 9/7???" The manager could give an explanation and followed up with, "You can come to the store and pick something out as a replacement, no matter the difference in cost." I’m like, "No. That’s not an option." I live in PA so what makes them think I’m just going to jump in the car and ride down to DE to pick out something else; after paying for an item I obviously was already set on. So I ending up asking about the return policy and called the 800# to process a refund.

The customer care person process the refund but claim she wasn’t able to send an email confirmed that the refund was process. Went one to say she only received a “confirmed” message that the refund was processed and to allow 3-5 business days. I have no faith in them nor their systems and now have to wait and see if the money hits my account. I’ve never experienced anything like this in my life... beyond disappointed were American Signatures services. This makes me think they’re advertising furniture they don’t even have in their inventory and are just out to get people’s money.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I got a living room sectional in 2014 and it's peeling off and breaking. I was never told that I was purchasing a "bonded leather furniture" never heard of that before! Now, they are gonna give me $460 credit to spend it in 30 days!!! I am very dissatisfied with ASF. They lied to you to do their sale!!! Go somewhere else. Don't waste your money!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I bought a large sectional sofa that was promoted as some form of leather, and I paid a substantial amount! It looked like regular brown leather, and I was also given some kind of a "leather cleaning kit" in case of spills. This sectional has material that's peeled off in all the seats of the sectional, and it looks downright cheap and ugly. I reached out to American Signature Corporate and was told, I was 3 months past warranty, and today I decided to visit their store, and was basically told there's nothing they can do.

My gripe is a). They sold a substandard product masking it as leather, when it was not. b). There is a minimum life of a sofa/sectional and it's certainly more than 5-6 years especially if it's leather, or a leather variant. c). The store manager has to be given some leeway to address customer issues, if they are legit. Extremely disappointed at the quality of products sold by American Signature - will neither buy nor advise anyone to even consider it as an option. No redress, no customer service and very poor quality of products!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Ordered a table, bench, and three chairs. First delivery, I received the bench and table then a week later my chairs were delivered. The delivery driver named Angel was friendly and answered my questions without hesitation. Even although my chairs were uneven, and now waiting for someone to come back out in 2 weeks to fix them, I would still recommend their delivery service. Both deliveries were exceptional.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Paid cash for this bed May/June and was given a delivery date 7/24/18. One week after original delivery date, I call in and now I have a new date of August 9th. BUT that's just the date the bed comes in and then they'll schedule delivery... I asked for free delivery or something to offset this disappointment and was told "no. We don't do that." I ask for an email address to corporate and was told there wasn't one. I asked for a manager and after being on hold for 5 minutes I was told they're all on a conference call. I call BS!

I will NEVER step foot in this store again due to poor customer service and no knowledge of their product. Call back in to get the invoice number to be able to even submit a complaint and the rep gave me a new available date of 8/14/18. So within a 20 minute window my dates changed from 8/9 to 8/14. I told her I better not call back in again, huh? DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT purchase this bed.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Our journey to find new furniture for our living room and master bedroom started when we went to store # 418 Duluth, Georgia. From the moment we walked in, we were warmly welcomed by a cheerful sales person named Doina **. She carefully listened to our needs and started showing us furniture options that would suit our home and budget. She was very professional and friendly. But best of all, we didn’t need to check any other furniture stores because we found what we needed in a short matter of time thanks to her advice. The delivery was on time as scheduled by the store and quick set up. It looks amazing in our home! Overall, our furniture shopping was a huge success thanks to Doina. We will definitely be back again!!!

Original review: May 30, 2018

Morrow, Ga location employees Ms ** and Bridgette went in originally the Friday prior to Memorial Day! Went in to purchase 3k worth of furniture. Was told NO on everything from picking up my items same day to need to have items delivered almost like we were forced to use the delivery service. Ms ** treated us as if we had character she cared less of we made the purchase or not, she had delivered no manager decision making skills. Her only response was no to anything I asked. We left that evening unhappy and the next day I called corporate. I spoke with Chris the customer service manager who assure me he would handle the situation. Instructed me to go back to the store and call him when we arrive so he could obtain the SKU numbers and place the order and have it delivered by Thursday this week.

I went back to the store that Saturday only to find out he had never contacted the store and again we dealt with Bridgette. She got so tired of us waiting and trying to figure out how to use the military discount that she bought to our attention she told us to come back tomorrow and ONLY deal with her. Once we arrived on Monday, Bridgette tells us that she needs to have the person present with the military ID to process the transaction??? I call my cousin and she comes all the way from Norcross, Ga because AMAF does not use SureCheck??? Things at this point began to go out of control so the sales manager Justin comes over to figure out what’s going on. He takes over the computer. That bridge is on completed the order and gave a delivery date of Thursday as agreed.

Then my daughter gets a call to change the date to 06/01. are you kidding me??? At this point I’m waiting on the camera to come out and the people tell me I’m being pranked. Who’s in control of this establishment? How can there be no communication between departments and why are there false promises being delivered? I feel so deceived! American Signature can I get an explanation???

Original review: May 19, 2018

Marty is awesome, I am somewhat a difficult customer, He is very patience with me, he takes his time to explain the products and warranty. He has assisted me with the purchase of my dining room set, living room, my boys' room and now my bedroom. Thanks Marty. You’re an awesome salesman!!!

Original review: May 18, 2018

Will never buy from these people again. Service is horrible. Furniture was bought two weeks prior and never showed up for delivery. Was told it was rescheduled by my wife who a) doesn't speak English and b) was not even in the country at that time. When I confronted the staff concerning this they said it would be rescheduled but on their time and not my desired time. This is a store in Jacksonville Florida that does not have any professionalism or customer courtesy. Overall a disreputable vendor at best. If I could give less than zero stars I would. Will never recommend this retailer to others unless they want their time wasted and enjoy being lied to.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I purchased the Galveston living room set around Thanksgiving of 2013, and I paid for a 7 year warranty. Around January of 2017, I first noticed signs the leather in the couch appeared to be lifting a little. It was quite minor at the time and only in one small place, but I wanted to address it before it got out of hand. I called ASF and was told to bring pictures. They stated the only thing they could do was issue a store credit towards something else. At this point, I didn't want to pay anything extra, I liked the set, and I just wanted a replacement just as ASF replaced a Galveston recliner that showed signs of cracking a year after I purchased it. ASF no longer carried the Galveston living room set.

I went to the local ASF store a few times before I was able to resolve this issue and finally obtained a $700 store credit to use towards the purchase of another set. I was told by management at the time that I had until the end of the warranty to use the credit, but the price would continue to be reduced if I waited too long. I checked ASF periodically for sales on living room sets, informing the associates I had a store credit every time I came in, until I found a set that suit me. This was on or about May or June 2017.

About the end of July 2017, a very rude part of the management team who I came in contact with during my last visit, completely revoked my credit without me even knowing it because I challenged him on differing statements I had previously been told by their management team. I contacted the corporate office to file a complaint with regard to that situation. Unfortunately, I spoke to one of the rudest, condescending, and disrespectful customer service agents at the time. I was almost dumbfounded trying to figure out if the rudeness was a part of their culture, if not for the respectful person I later spoke to.

The customer service agent would not provide me with any contact information to file a complaint with management or even with a staff member to their company's president, Jay Schottenstein. Meanwhile, I cannot go anywhere in my house without tracking fake leather material all over my home and in my bed! I cannot invite people over, this is very depressing! I was deceived by ASF when I made that purchase and was told their products were quality leather. ASF corporate office aka Value City Furniture only advice to me was to contact their manufacturer based in China. I got nowhere with that!

Original review: May 2, 2018

I paid 3000 for a couch that was ripped. It was delivered by a contractor whose pay gets deducted if they rip or break furniture in the process of delivering. I did not know the couch had a rip till after 4 months, when I decided to clean behind it. I'm upset because this rip was 100 percent not ripped by me but by the contractors they hire. I would not buy from them ever again. Because it's been less than a year American Signature has to and will fix it but the warranty company that I paid 350 for, refused and said they could not.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I have bought thousands of dollars from American Signature Furniture store and I must say I will not be back. They tell you to buy a warranty that’s good for 5 years. But what they don’t tell you is that it does not cover a variety of things. I bought my living room set in 2015. I have two leather sofas. The bigger sofa started to peel and peel badly. I reached out to American Signature about fixing it and she had me send a picture email. She then called me to tell me my warranty does not cover basically anything that you would need coverage for dealing with leather! No peeling scratches. Anything! And she told me I can get 200$ worth of credit in the store.

I spent 2,000 on this living room set! And only one couch has peeling on the middle! Why would I want to buy another set after spending 2,000 on this one. I was mislead, the guy that sold me the living room set told me I would be covered for these types of things. I was lied to just to make a sell! I’m very disappointed with American Signature. And their furniture is not what they appear it to be. I have a leather bedroom set from them also that’s peeling that was also 2,000. I would never buy anything from them again because they do not stand by their furniture. And they will tell you anything for a sell!!!

Original review: March 10, 2018

I purchased a white leather sectional sofa from American Signature. It was financed through their finance department. The sofa was on sale for $999.00. I put down $450. Plus paid $135. For delivery and payments of 125.00 monthly at the end of my payments which was in June. They told me I owed another 2500. For the sofa when I ask them to explain because I had not missed a payment they said it was interest owed. I refused to pay more because this was not part of the original agreement. After getting nowhere with them I had to return the sofa I had paid a total of $1200.00 plus delivery for a $999.00 sofa. When they came to pick up the sofa they said it will be taken to a rent a center and resold as new for $2500.00 or more to another consumer. I thought what a scam.

I practically paid for a sofa that I never got to keep. Someone needs to put a stop to this type of business. I would never recommend this store to anyone. And if you still want to shop there I suggest whatever you buy pay cash and take it with you the same day. Never do the 90 day same as cash deal or finance. They have no moral ethics for consumers. By the way the delivery guys told me this happens everyday and they witness it on a regular basis. So they do this to people all the time and get away with it. I should have gotten an attorney and sued them but I did not at the time which was a big mistake on my part. That’s why I’m sharing my story so no one else will fall victim to this scam.

Original review: March 7, 2018

My wife and I purchased over TWO THOUSAND dollars of leather furniture from American Signature in NJ in August of 2013. Now we have issues with the leather bubbling in multiple places and we called their warranty company to have our warranty honored and they wont touch it! They said bonded leather sets are EXCLUDED from wear warranty in ALL the seating areas including the arm rests and head rest area. I was like... what? They said to read the fine print on the warranty and that we shouldn't have trusted the floor salesman alone for our information when we bought it. BTW, the store we bought it at in Moorestown NJ has since closed. That's convenient for them to pull a stunt like this and I am very angry! American Signature (Parent store Value City Furniture) does NOT stand behind their product and their leather furniture does not hold up more than a few years. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Wow! I wish I would have read all the horrible reviews before I purchased the furniture. I've had a NIGHTMARE of a time trying to get my furniture delivered to me. The customer service is horrible. I was supposed to get my delivery February 20th and still haven't received it. They have canceled on me three times thus far without calling or notifying me. I've wasted days waiting around for a delivery truck that never showed up. When I try to speak to someone about it they just transfer me to a "manager" but no one picks up. Eventually dropping the call. When I call back no one picks up or places me on hold before I can even say anything. American Signature Furniture, you guys are absolutely horrible. Probably the worst out there. Everyone, please get your furniture anywhere else. You can find the same furniture in other furniture stores. Save yourself the hassle and headache.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Bought a love seat 3 1/2 yrs ago at American Signature Furniture which had the common problem with bonded leather that peels off over time. And I was recently at Rooms To Go and the sales guy there said they were the only furniture store that had replaced all furniture with this peeling issue. He also said no other company including AS would do that, and he was right. Called AS today and the first thing I got was really bad customer service as soon as I mentioned "bonded leather, peeling, & warranty". When I finally got someone they explained peeling is NOT COVERED under their "Pure Promise" warranty. Oh no, it covers just about everything EXCEPT for PEELING! LAME PROMISE DESIGNED TO SCAM.

The lady said AS will give a 40% in store credit in the amount of 40%. I said OK we're looking for family room & kitchen furniture we can put it towards that. But, OH NO, American Signatures' idea of customer service is to also DEMAND you return the DEFECTIVE FURNITURE! She did explain that they would have someone pick up the furniture so I wont have to do that. Got a manager who was just as bad but better trained at the whole scam & deception routine. Honestly, why would they want bad furniture? Obviously, never setting foot in an American Signature Furniture store again.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We bought a furniture group (2 "Top Grain" recliner loveseats) from American Signature Furniture two years ago. In the past six months the piece began to show extreme “wear and tear” on the back of the loveseat along with the arm of the recliner. We were advised to purchase a warranty that would cover anything and everything on the recliner loveseats. We called Uniters and had someone come out and put in a claim. He commented he has seen a lot of this wearing of the leather and it will be covered. Received an email advising otherwise - does not cover "wear and tear".

Called the store where it was purchased and advised they could not do anything for us but to contact the Corporate Office (Customer Service). I did, and up until today I have not received an email or telephone call back. Very disappointed with American Signature to sell "Top Grain Leather" merchandise and not stand behind your product. We will not be back and have advised others to BEWARE of American Signature!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I purchased a Orthopedic mattress and was told it had a 10 warranty. Well guess what. Not true, I had the mattress for 5 years and was starting to notice that one side was sinking in more than the other. Every month I would flip and rotate the mattress but it didn’t help. I called the store to complain about the mattress and I still had my receipt. They send an employee over to check out the mattress and after he was done he said the mattress needs to be replaced. When we try to go back to the store they were no longer there because they moved out of New Jersey.

We called their main headquarters and they told us they weren’t going to replace the mattress because there was nothing wrong with it. We told them we had the copy of the written report their tech had made and they refused anyway. This company is very shady and I advise all to really think about it well before you purchase from this store. I will never ever purchase from American Signature Furniture again, they are not even worth it.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Bonded “Leather” sofa and loveseat CRAP - Not my first time purchasing furniture but is my last purchasing from them! On Two Thousand 14 I purchased a leather sofa and loveseat. I thought the word bonded was a good thing, Mike executives are bonded, my word is my bond! Anything but I noticed that the headrest on both units were starting to peel so I contacted American Signature Furniture, they said that they are no longer under warranty but they have a known problem and would offer me a store credit in the amount of 40%. I sent him pictures and called the store and she said that yes there's a 40% on my account which works out to be about $500.

I was thinking great I'll buy some other furniture chairs or something and replace these when they completely fall apart. I have had them for years and paid over $1300. She then went on to say that they would have to be returned, the only reason I can think that they would want them back because they want to go after the manufacture and get a credit from them! After all I still have about $800 into this thing. I should be able to keep them and spend the $500 in store credit. He's obviously a Chinese garbage that have a very short life expectancy. My last sofa lasted over 20 years. It was leather. Wasn't bonded just leather! If I don't have a class action suit there should be!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I have had nothing but the best service using American Signature Furniture out of Fort Myers Florida! The manager, Jason, and sales mgr., Laurie, were fantastic! They were respectful of all my ordering and took it upon themselves to make sure the delivery was made as soon as the order came to the store no matter how many times they had to come out -- making the customer number one is how they treated me. My bed is absolutely fantastic along with all the other furniture I ordered (which was A LOT)! I applaud this store in Fort Myers and their professionalism! BTW, I did order a few other things from another store in Naples and it has been HORRENDOUS to say the least! Thank you Jason and staff!! :)

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

My wife and I bought a sofa and a chair (bonded leather) from American Signature furniture 2-3 years back. We don't have a lot of money, and bought them with the money we had. We didn't buy any warranty or care package as we believed that a good piece of furniture (both totaling around $1,300), should last a long while with good care. We took good care of them. No smoking, no animals, no kids, not even direct sunlight. We bought the sofa 3 years ago, and the same styled chair a few months later. We built and purchased most of our furniture in our home around the style of those pieces of furniture. The bonded leather eventually broke down, and recently started to peel and flake all over the place (see picture).

Then recently we heard of a mutual friend that went to the same store as the one we went to and had a similar situation (University Parkway, near Sarasota), and spoke with the store manager (Jason **), and he helped her out and gave her store credit towards another purchase. We did the same thing, and went and spoke with Jason directly. He was more than accommodating, and wanted to make things right. We didn't need or have to go in full explanation mode, it was a very easy exchange. Again, there was no warranty, and no care package. They were not obligated, but still went out of their way and gave my wife and I 100% store credit.

Also I'd like to point out that my wife and I were very respectful but direct. I believe that was also helpful in this kind of situation. After much deliberation, we decided upon 2 accent chairs in a similar style for the amount of money we were allotted (an attached pic of one of them) that are real leather in the hopes of never having fake leather ever again, and that it'll last us a long while. The leather seems to be decent quality, not the best, but we are confident it'll at least last us much longer than a bonded leather sofa / chair will. After 3 years of having our sofa and chair, and it falling apart on us, that store manager made things right, even though he didn't have to do anything. I would recommend them for that reason alone. Jason ** (store manager) and Jasmine (assistant store manager) were very helpful and personable.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I bought over 3k in furniture and I got part of the delivery in on Dec. 13th and the other in Dec. 26th. But before that I was called that my merchandise was broken and it will be delivered on Jan. 30th. Almost 2 months from the 1st day I went. I have to make a payment on the 1st of January. So I asked them to give me a credit because I don't have it yet. The manager Bill was very rude and does not know how to handle a guest situation. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THEM FOR NOTHING. I AM SO SORRY THAT I BOUGHT ALMOST ALL MY FURNITURE OF MY NEW HOUSE THERE.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

We bought a furniture group (sofa, loveseat and recliner) from American Signature Furniture four years ago. In the past six months the piece began to show extreme “wear and tear” on the arms, back and seat of the loveseat along with the arm of the recliner. We are also seeing more wear on the sofa. Since we had a warranty and it was less than four years old, we thought we would get some assistance but that ended up NOT being the case. We were told if there were “fabric tears/cuts” on non-seating areas they would fix but these didn’t count. After several phone calls with management we were told we were being given a $500 credit and to come in and use it in store. We chose a replacement item and were scheduled to pick it up.

We then received a call “reminding us” that we had to bring all three of our pieces to the store when we picked it up. We would have been trading three pieces of furniture for one which didn’t make sense. They wanted all of them to be returned so they could try to recoup their money. The didn’t care about our money or our business. So basically they sold us crap furniture (pressed leather that they admit was not durable) and refuse to fix it. This furniture was bought when we had very limited use (kids were grown and never home) and there should not have been this type of wear and tear. Needless to say we will not be purchasing anything else from American Signature Furniture and advise others to do the same.

American Signature Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

American Signature Furniture stores are concentrated mainly in the Eastern half of the country. The company offers traditional furnishings, as well as home décor accessories and outdoor furniture.

• Selection: Find furniture for living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms, kids, plus mattresses and accent pieces.

• Protection Plans and Warranties: Vary by item.

• Delivery Services: A specialist will deliver and assemble your furniture. For a period of 1 year, a specialist will repair or replace defective items.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs