Brandon, FL

3.9/5 (83 ratings)

About American Signature Furniture

American Signature Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Signature Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Signature Furniture?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I purchased 2 recliner couches & 1 reclining chair that were delivered November 2019. By Summer of 2020, 1 couch & the chair were broken. We contacted ASF within the 1 year purchase/delivery. They sent a representative in 11/20. The couch frame was broken & had to be replaced (this took 9 months). The chair was "fixed" by the representative, but it was soon broken within 30 days. When closing the chair from reclining position, it would fall over, on top of me!! Finally, another representative was sent on 8/3/21 (all the delays were blamed on the pandemic) & he said that the problem with the chair recliner is the frame is too small for the chair itself. He was putting in a claim for replacement.

Upon calling ASF 9/29/21 I was declined a replacement because it was past the 1 year warranty. But they clearly knew of the problem within the year of purchase/delivery. I am stuck with a broken chair & the 5 year warranty plan declined because they have a 30 day reporting period. ASF gave me the run around for 8 months, then dropped me. I spent $4,000 & had two out of three pieces of furniture break within 1 year.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Updated on 01/07/2022: The WORST customer service from ANY company that I have ever in life dealt with!!! From store level to Corporate. No sense of understanding or empathy to deal with their customer's needs. I have been looking for a new bed set due to recently moving into my first home and found a set that I absolutely fell in love with at ASF. This turned out to be the biggest mistake I have ever made in my adult life.

I ordered the furniture on Sep 6 2021 and was advised ALL items were in stock and would be delivered on Sep 25. Four months later and countless phone calls to the store and Corporate still missing half my items. I received my dresser, mattress and adjustable base in Oct because those were the only items available and I demanded those be delivered. That was my second mistake. The delivery drivers were 3 young guys that made a mock of my home!!!! Moved ALL my furniture off my porch without my knowledge and refused to put it back. Then when I went to inspect the items that was delivered I discovered my BRAND new out the box mattress had been spoiled with sweat from one of the men.....BEYOND disgusted.

Called the store to speak with the Store Manager and advised the reason for the call and she stated "Oh I'm not getting involved in that. Talk to the Shipping manager" and received their standard ** from him... I should have returned the items and ended the relationship right then!! Since that date it has been a complete nightmare with the delivery date getting changed constantly.

It's amazing that this company has been paid in full but feels like, "Oh well you will get your items when you get it"!!! I know a lot of other customers are in this same boat without a paddle but why continue to take people's money if you can't fulfill orders from over a year ago???? And continue to lie to customers??? I was told today that my delivery has been pushed back until March 2022...which is just ridiculous. I will NEVER do business with this company ever again and will encourage friends, family and even enemies to stay away from this company if you want a wonderful experience that doesn't come along with stress, headaches and being treated like a piece of crap!!!

Original Review: I recently purchased furniture from American Signature and while in the store the sales associate that assisted me was AWESOME. I was provided with a delivery date and all my questions were answered. I was advised that I would receive a call 3 days prior to the delivery. I actually received a call from an employee "Lo" who was BEYOND rude, unprofessional and needs to find another profession. She informed me that half of my items were delayed and couldn't tell me why "Just don't have it" as she stated.

I called back and spoke with the Sales manager Hannah whom apologized for Lo's lack of customer service it takes to fulfill her job. However when I asked Hannah about the delays she pulled the inventory up and stated they had plenty in GA at the warehouse and she doesn't understand why my bedroom set was being delayed.

Fast Forward to today and I received another call from Amy who informed me that the items would be delivered until Oct 13 and this date could change. Amy was more knowledgeable and a bit more helpful but not too much better. Now take note that I have a payment due on Oct 1 when I asked about the payment being due and what could be done to I was referred to the finance company. When I spoke to the finance company to voice my concern about not receiving a delivery date and making payments on items I have no idea when I would receive or even if I would ever receive the furniture the finance company opened a dispute to pause any payments for 30-90 days.

The finance company stated that American Signature has already been paid for the items so the company doesn't care. I truly believe this!!! It's like let's get people to come in the store and spend thousands of dollars and treat the customer like dirt AFTER we upsale and get their money. I know a lot of people are experiencing issues with delayed furniture and I totally get it but my only thing is at least be customer centric and not rude or argumentative to a paid customer.

I love their furniture and had plans on returning to update a few rooms BUT it definitely will NOT be American Signature....Being able to provide outstanding customer service and respect has always been a must whether I'm at the Dollar Tree or Ruth's Chris. Also note that I have called the Corporate office twice with no response from a Store/Regional/District Manager. Great job American Signature!!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

In May 2021 we went to American Signature on Atlantic Blvd, Jacksonville, FL. Our experience with our sales rep was great. When there the first day, I purchased a bed and chaise lounge. My boyfriend purchased a bed for his teenage son. The sales man rang them up separately but put them on the same delivery schedule so we would only have to pay one delivery fee. They told us that the Chaise and bed I bought would be delivered 7/9/2021 and the bed he bought would be delivered 7/6/2021. We were ok with that because we were closing in our house 7/1/2021. The next day after purchasing those items we decided we wanted to purchase a dining room set we saw there and we went back to the store. We agreed to pick up the dining room set from the store so we didn’t have to pay another delivery fee and they told us it would be there for pick up 9/1/2021. We agreed because we would just use our old set until it came.

On 7/1/2021 we had movers at our apartment packing all our furniture to move to the new house. Because all the new furniture was being delivered a couple of days later we threw out my stepson's old bed and our old living room furniture and guest room bed. We headed to the new house to sign the closing papers. While at the closing table they called to say the chaise and guest room bed was going to be delivered 7/27. So we asked about the bed for the stepson and were told it was still on track for 7/6. We were not happy because my other stepson that doesn’t live with us was flying in on 7/13 but would be ok because he would still have a mattress and box spring on the floor.

Then 2 days later they called and said the bed they just told us was still being delivered on 7/6 was being pushed until 8/11. I was furious…I called customer service and he told me they don’t guarantee delivery dates. It’s just an estimate. I told him I beg to differ that we specifically asked at the store will the stuff be delivered on time because we are purchasing our home and we don’t want to carry old furniture. If you’re telling us this is when our new furniture is coming they said yes this is when it will be delivered.

After arguing with the rude customer service rep about a refund of my delivery fees he finally put me on the phone with the manager of the store. Who proceeded to tell me he was only authorized to give me back half of my delivery fees… I said that wasn’t going to work for me because both different delivery dates have been pushed. Our child is sleeping on the floor because you promised his bed would be here so we got rid of the old one. After long arguments with both the customer service rep and the store manager he refunded my delivery fees.

Now fast forward to today 8/30/2021. We finally got the 2 beds and chaise. So I called to make sure the dining room set was still going to be ready for pick up 9/1. They assured me it was on time. Two hours later they called me and told me it won't be ready to be picked up until 9/14. I am looking for another dining room set at another store. If I find one I will be going to the store for a full refund in the morning. Moral of the story DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM AMERICAN SIGNATURE. After they have your money they are rude and will not hold up their end of a deal.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

Customer Service is obviously not a priority for American Signature. Their website is outdated and contains incorrect information. Pick Hours are inaccurate for the Brandon Florida store. Causing me to drive to the store to find out pick up hours changed. I called and was given two different sets of pick up hours, by two different employees. Waste of time.

Original review: June 28, 2021

We purchased an $2000 5 piece outdoor sectional, it was delivered pretty timely however the look and quality was disappointing for the price paid so we called for a return of the item, did not even unwrap the entire thing. They schedule a pick up a week later, they came and picked it up and suppose to get a call the day after to get the refund which I was told was few hindered less because of “re stocking fee”. Five days later I called, waiting time with them is at least 40 minutes which is horrible already. After more than 40 min I was disconnected.

I called the local store, they said they received the sectional but they don’t process refunds. So I called again the 1800- number … several days in a row. Eventually I got to speak with somebody’s after more than two week from the day of pick up! This customer service attendant answered - Cheyenne ** Customer Care Specialist American Signature, Inc. She said she is processing the refund and I will received it in 3-7 days. A month later there was no refund! I emailed her and she never answered again! I file a dispute with my credit card to get my money. Super frustrated and disappointed. Will never ever buy from them.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I purchased a warranty and my bed broke. Technician came out and said it could not be fixed. Logged on to site asked for a replacement, by the way it has not been resolved and it has been over 2 months, they want me to drive 3 hours because that’s the closest to me. That’s not the kicker. I explained I could not do 6 hours round trip so just give me the money back. I paid over $1k for the bed and warranty and they offer me $369. What am I suppose to do with that? I have shopped with Value City for years and have always purchased the warranty. Never had a problem but now since the store in Memphis is closed I can’t get good customer service. Today 5/25/21 I have been on the phone for 6 hours going back and forth. Talked to a supervisor she couldn’t help me so I asked for the manager owner until I can get some justice regarding this matter. Unacceptable how they are trying to handle this.

Original review: May 18, 2021

Whatever you do don’t do their 120 days no fees plan! The website to make payments never works, you have to call the store or go to the store to make payments. I tried to make my final payment for 3 weeks before it was due and due to problems on their end it didn’t get made in time so they tried to make me pay double what I had purchased it for, 6k for 3k mattress. And the 120 day exchange is bogus too. I had the most expensive mattress and when I went to exchange it the only choice was a cheaper one by almost 1k and they make you take the cheaper and pay for the more expensive. Delivery tore my alarm sensor off the door and never paid to replace it, furniture is cheaply made at best. Not worth the price and sketchy business practices. I’m sending the mattress back, I refuse to pay 6k for something that was already overpriced at 3.

Original review: May 11, 2021

In OCT 2020, we purchased a living room set & extra sofa for the basement. After several delays (as they did not have the furniture) we switched to a dining room set. We were advised we would have more luck with the switch. Well here it is -MAY 2021- and they delayed my delivery AGAIN until JULY 22, 21. They HOPE to have something to deliver in July. We made them refund our money! AFTER 7 months you can't deliver what you sell to customers? And then they want you to wait for a check for your refund... NEVER AGAIN. Stop selling what you do not have!

Original review: May 6, 2021

Bought a recliner couch that got delivered in Dec 2018. The couch is 2.4 months old and falling apart. The finish is peeling off, the thread coming off seams, the separate couch parts no longer stay attached. No problem right? Since the salesman sold us the warranty that "covers everything". It is a lie, do not bother purchasing the warranty and do not believe anything the salesman says. Warranty company denying service to the couch. No problem, I closed my American Signature credit card and taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I purchased some furniture from American Signature Furniture. I called a week later to change one of the items over the phone. The sales representative asked if I wanted to add the warranty to my order. I said no multiple times. He said if I change my mind I could add, I again said no. I just reviewed the updates purchase information and he added the warranty after me saying no many times. I spent over $10,000 and this is the loyalty they have to try and be sneaky. The part of the delivery that was available showed up with dirt marks all over the white leather. I will be calling to cancel the warranty once they're open and may just cancel the entire order for them trying to pull one over and delivering such dirty expensive furniture.***Brandon, FL location***

Original review: March 25, 2021

Bought sectional sofa. Did not set anything like the one I sat on in store. Was hard as a brick. They sent out repair man this morning. He said the only way to fix it is to rip out entire sofa and replace all of it with new foam and cores. I refused, do not want a ripped apart sofa. I am so disappointed. Repair man said, "Call the warranty company. They may help." Do not buy from this company. When you try to reach them you will be on hold over 1 hour then get a disinterested person that is no help at all. You will not get what you ordered. And you will not get anything done about it.

Original review: March 24, 2021

We found a sectional at the Kennesaw, GA showroom and ordered it as it seemed to be good quality. What we received 4 months later had mismatched colors, arms are not padded so there is a hollow section between the fabric and frame. After two weeks of typical use the cushions are already showing signs of wear, this took two years with our old Ashley set, which was half the price so I never had high expectations.

The finish overall on this is poor, one of the seams on the ottoman arrived split. The fabric is pulled super tight on that piece but is slack and or bunched in other areas. The pillows, most of them, have the white filler showing in different places. I wasn't home when this was delivered, I would have refused it. They finally came and picked up the piece that was the farthest from the right color but that was a whole different hassle to arrange. This product is cheap and poorly made. Though I know this company doesn't really make "fine" furniture I did expect more for $3500. We will get a new sofa in a year or two from somewhere else.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Awful experience with this place, I paid for my headboard in September my delivery date has been moved more than 3 times. So when I finally think I'm going to get it on 2/17/21 they advised the vendor has moved date until May. Fed up. Will be going to get a refund today. You should look into getting better vendors.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I ordered a dining room buffet piece in October. Now 4 months later, they deliver a buffet that is not what I ordered. Now I cannot get thru to the store or delivery to discuss, I am caller # 49 in line and probably will be on hold for 90 minutes trying to reach an actual person to see what can be done. Customer service sucks!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

After making purchase of two bedroom sets last year August, to date in the new year the delivery on everything ordered has still not been made. This company’s customer service is terrible and they seem to be very inflexible in their approach towards customers who are having issues deriving from their tardiness and shortcomings. I would never recommend or even consider making a purchase from them again. I am still awaiting my items that I have been paying for over the last five months and still not on receipt of.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

We bought a $2500 couch and were told it would be an extended wait because of COVID. They called to extend the 2 month window by a month and then the delivery driver robbed us when they delivered 2/3 parts. They are awful. Sad thing is the couch is great but I would NEVER shop with them again.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

My experience with my sales associate was exceptional. She knows who she is. She has the same name as my grandma. Sitting down and signing paperwork was okay.... I received my furniture as expected. One guy carried my three seat sofa up two flights of stairs by himself.... Now mind you there were two delivery guys that were here.... I tipped them. They took pictures of my love seat and my three seat couch and they left. I made a payment the next day and left to go back home. We were getting ready to leave out the following day, my son bent down to tie his shoes then stood back up. He got cut by the couch and he was bleeding. I took my pictures of the cut and sent it to American Signature.

I filed complaints to the associates and asked can something be done about this. I wasn't receiving any phone calls nor emails. I kept calling management finally called me back after I showed my face and was told they were too busy so they couldn't look at my email. Long story short. I paid my furniture off in full, still no answers from anyone on this matter smh. I WILL NEVER SHOP HERE EVERRRRRR AGAIN! I meant it! Buyers BEWARE! Having second thoughts go with your gut. Our reviews aren't fibs.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

My wife and I bought a couch end of August, custom couch, we were given October 26th for delivery date. We were just told that the delivery date is January 6th. Almost 5 months after purchase. If we were told it will take 5 months to get a couch most likely we would pass on the purchase. This is unacceptable and I am very disappointed in the company. I will not shop there again.

Resolution response: Oct. 17, 2020

After a lot of back and forth between myself and Uniters North America, the warranty company American Signature Furniture uses, they finally approved my claim.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I purchased a couch from American Signature and decided to get the warranty because it's microfiber. I recently made a claim and it was denied because they said I had to report the stain within 15 days of noticing it. I then realized I filled out the form incorrectly because I thought it was asking how long I thought the stain may have been there for which I answered 15-30 days. I disputed the denial of claim and explained I filled out the form incorrectly and they still denied my claim with the same reason for denial before; it had to be reported within 15 days of noticing it.

I submitted the claim again because it was still within the 15 day period and they denied it because they said it was an accumulation of stains when that is completely false. I am very OCD and my couch is in immaculate condition after almost three years of use. I would never have an accumulation of stains on my couch. NEVER. I bought this warranty for peace of mind and all it has done is cause me stress and frustration. NEVER AGAIN AMERICAN SIGNATURE. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Original review: May 18, 2020

Extremely pleased with the excellence in service provided by Consultant Mr. Jorge **, at the "Tropicaire Shopping Center" showroom in Miami. His professionalism and quality of service is highly appreciated and recommended to others.

Original review: May 16, 2020

We purchased a leather recliner and couch three years ago with the warranty. We recently submitted a claim because the automatic recliner stopped working. Upon investigation we could see that a portion of the mechanism was bent. We submitted thorough evidence and additional requests to the warranty company and have been denied. They have determined that this was a manufacturing defect, therefore not covered. While our warranty states "Certain structural or component failures due to a defect in materials or workmanship during normal residential use" are covered, they have denied it. They are saying that a defect in workmanship caused the failure after 3 years of use, yet their wording allows them to refuse our claim.

NEVER buy from this company. We were hesitant to buy the warranty but the sales associate assured us that it would ensure we would have functional attractive furniture for years to come. I am at a loss as what else to say, just hope that this will prohibit others from making the same mistake we have made. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. DOES NOT BACK THEIR PRODUCT!!!

Original review: March 26, 2020

This was the worst purchase I have ever made! And it’s not the product, it was the hassle I went through with customer service, in the store and corporate office! I waited over 6 weeks to get the right piece to my sectional! They delivered it broken and then every week for 6 weeks they kept delivering the wrong piece! They were nasty and didn’t care about my feelings! They also told me I would receive a $100 store credit and when I got to the store the store manager said he was not giving me a store credit. WORST! customer service ever!

Original review: March 5, 2020

This was a horrible place to shop. Nothing I ordered was complete. I had things I didn’t order. When I called Melody to notify her of my missing items she told me they would be shipped in a up to a MONTH.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

My husband and I have been dreading going furniture shopping. We both have been in many furniture stores in the past, and can honestly say have never had any experience that we would title even remotely “pleasant”. In fact, when me and my husband walked into the Kennesaw American Signature Furniture on Sunday 9 February, we had already discussed an exit plan as well as what we would say to escape a pushy sales person bothering us while we searched the store. Lucky for us, we were greeted by Chris ** when we walked into your store, and are proud to say this has completely changed the way we look at the furniture buying process!!

He provided us with the most amazing buying experience either of us had ever had. He gave us the space we desired but never found ourselves without someone to answer our questions. He wasn’t pushy, was very knowledgeable about the products, and most importantly made us feel comfortable and as though we were getting the best deal. Our experience with Chris ** was so pleasant that after purchasing $4000 worth of furniture when we were walking out of the store, instead of conversing about our new goodies, we were actually talking about how amazing he and our experience was. We were more excited about the great service we got than the lovely furniture we just ordered! Chris ** - thank you for your AMAZING buying experience. If our furniture is even half as amazing as the buying experience then we will be happy customers!!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I purchased a sofa and ottoman from American Signature at Cobb Parkway store in Atlanta. I was very excited to pick up. After one month of normal use the sofa began to have no support. I called the store and a nice gentlemen was sent out. He advised sofa would be replaced. Sofa came in and I had to rerun the original in exchange for the new one. Now the second sofa is doing the same. I would like my money back but this is not an option per the store after asking the first time. I am out $1,400 and stuck with a sofa that does not hold up. I do not recommend American Signature. I was treated very rude. The manager and staff had no customer service skills. More people need to know how bad the service and quality is. I just want my money back and this furniture out of my house.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Needing to furnish a two bedroom condo. My partner and I went to numerous showrooms and worked with numerous sales reps. By far Vivian was the best! She was attentive without being pushy. Gave us space when we needed it and was right there with us when we were deliberating a piece & needed her expertise. She moved pieces around and made very useful suggestions. Moving to a new city and having to furnish a new place can be very stressful. It was a joy to work with Vivian and I highly recommend asking for her if you are in Miami. ~ Maureen

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I purchased a love seat and sofa from American Signature and it immediately started to fall apart after delivery. I contacted customer service and they stated that I would have to contact the warranty department which, I did. The first claim was sent to the wrong email. A mistake on their part. I contacted that the department. Again filed a claim and still nothing. It has been months. The only thing that seems to matter to to these people is payment. They want your hard earned money but refuse to fix or replace the product. The warranty is a RIP OFF money. They are stealing your money using false protection on a product they they will never replace or repair.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

This store DOES NOT care about the customer. Not even in the corporate office. Do not buy furniture here... Go to Havertys where they care about the service they provide. I will NEVER spend another dime in this store!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

We bought a new sofa chaise. My husband went to pick it up. It was all wrapped with cover and cardboard so he didn't check if the sofa chaise has any damage. As soon as we came home and unwrapped it we saw they sold us a defective piece. We called them and the lady over there wrote her notes as our labor has damaged the piece. When we call them to explain on what has happened the managers in the store were not ready to listen and were very rude and told us that they will send service tech to check the sofa and if it can be fixed they will fix the damaged piece. Paying almost 900$ sofa why do we have to take the defective piece. We took the pictures of the sofa when it was still in the truck. They always sell defective pieces.

Please do not buy anything from them. I bought a sofa in 2015. Within 2 years span the leather started to peel off and they said they can’t replace it and gave us some store credit. With that store we added some amount and bought sofa chaise now and they provide us a With the defective piece again. The store managers in Atlantic, Blvd Jacksonville were very rude when we tried to explain them the issue and hung up phone on the face. First of all they sell all defective products and when we complain we sold us defective piece they are not even ready to replace or exchange it.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Today I received my much waited on new power recliner. News Flash: It's been raining in Florida for 48 hours. Imagine my shock as I watch the delivery team lay my brand new electrical recliner all which ways on the wet road. Strike one. Strike two, the head rest adjuster wouldn't work. The delivery guy fiddled around with something and it began working, but with an awful noise and catching. He told me it was just the fabric. Nope. He leaves. I go to the LEFT side of my chair to push it over in place and the entire RIGHT side collapses.

I find it hard to believe as they were tugging and flipping on the wet ground neither noticed this. Three phone calls later, I'm told someone from service may come out today or tomorrow to see if it can be fixed. Fourth phone call, I'm told no way. The service guy (singular person for this company...) is on vacation until Jan 3rd- I was given the option of foregoing the power recliner and they'll give me a manual one. Yeah, I could just keep my old recliner if that was the case. Then, I'm told it'll be another month because their furniture is made in EUROPE. But, their name has AMERICAN in it. See where the confusion comes from. Also, the delivery guys left all their trash in the street in front of my house, at the beginning of the neighborhood. Thank goodness for outside and inside cameras to document this.

American Signature Furniture Company Information