2. Homeowners

Brandon, FL

1.4/5 (240 ratings)

About American Signature Furniture

American Signature Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Signature Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Signature Furniture?

Original review: May 6, 2021

Bought a recliner couch that got delivered in Dec 2018. The couch is 2.4 months old and falling apart. The finish is peeling off, the thread coming off seams, the separate couch parts no longer stay attached. No problem right? Since the salesman sold us the warranty that "covers everything". It is a lie, do not bother purchasing the warranty and do not believe anything the salesman says. Warranty company denying service to the couch. No problem, I closed my American Signature credit card and taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I purchased some furniture from American Signature Furniture. I called a week later to change one of the items over the phone. The sales representative asked if I wanted to add the warranty to my order. I said no multiple times. He said if I change my mind I could add, I again said no. I just reviewed the updates purchase information and he added the warranty after me saying no many times. I spent over $10,000 and this is the loyalty they have to try and be sneaky. The part of the delivery that was available showed up with dirt marks all over the white leather. I will be calling to cancel the warranty once they're open and may just cancel the entire order for them trying to pull one over and delivering such dirty expensive furniture.***Brandon, FL location***

Original review: March 25, 2021

Bought sectional sofa. Did not set anything like the one I sat on in store. Was hard as a brick. They sent out repair man this morning. He said the only way to fix it is to rip out entire sofa and replace all of it with new foam and cores. I refused, do not want a ripped apart sofa. I am so disappointed. Repair man said, "Call the warranty company. They may help." Do not buy from this company. When you try to reach them you will be on hold over 1 hour then get a disinterested person that is no help at all. You will not get what you ordered. And you will not get anything done about it.

Original review: March 24, 2021

We found a sectional at the Kennesaw, GA showroom and ordered it as it seemed to be good quality. What we received 4 months later had mismatched colors, arms are not padded so there is a hollow section between the fabric and frame. After two weeks of typical use the cushions are already showing signs of wear, this took two years with our old Ashley set, which was half the price so I never had high expectations.

The finish overall on this is poor, one of the seams on the ottoman arrived split. The fabric is pulled super tight on that piece but is slack and or bunched in other areas. The pillows, most of them, have the white filler showing in different places. I wasn't home when this was delivered, I would have refused it. They finally came and picked up the piece that was the farthest from the right color but that was a whole different hassle to arrange. This product is cheap and poorly made. Though I know this company doesn't really make "fine" furniture I did expect more for $3500. We will get a new sofa in a year or two from somewhere else.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Awful experience with this place, I paid for my headboard in September my delivery date has been moved more than 3 times. So when I finally think I'm going to get it on 2/17/21 they advised the vendor has moved date until May. Fed up. Will be going to get a refund today. You should look into getting better vendors.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I ordered a dining room buffet piece in October. Now 4 months later, they deliver a buffet that is not what I ordered. Now I cannot get thru to the store or delivery to discuss, I am caller # 49 in line and probably will be on hold for 90 minutes trying to reach an actual person to see what can be done. Customer service sucks!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

After making purchase of two bedroom sets last year August, to date in the new year the delivery on everything ordered has still not been made. This company’s customer service is terrible and they seem to be very inflexible in their approach towards customers who are having issues deriving from their tardiness and shortcomings. I would never recommend or even consider making a purchase from them again. I am still awaiting my items that I have been paying for over the last five months and still not on receipt of.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

We bought a $2500 couch and were told it would be an extended wait because of COVID. They called to extend the 2 month window by a month and then the delivery driver robbed us when they delivered 2/3 parts. They are awful. Sad thing is the couch is great but I would NEVER shop with them again.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

My experience with my sales associate was exceptional. She knows who she is. She has the same name as my grandma. Sitting down and signing paperwork was okay.... I received my furniture as expected. One guy carried my three seat sofa up two flights of stairs by himself.... Now mind you there were two delivery guys that were here.... I tipped them. They took pictures of my love seat and my three seat couch and they left. I made a payment the next day and left to go back home. We were getting ready to leave out the following day, my son bent down to tie his shoes then stood back up. He got cut by the couch and he was bleeding. I took my pictures of the cut and sent it to American Signature.

I filed complaints to the associates and asked can something be done about this. I wasn't receiving any phone calls nor emails. I kept calling management finally called me back after I showed my face and was told they were too busy so they couldn't look at my email. Long story short. I paid my furniture off in full, still no answers from anyone on this matter smh. I WILL NEVER SHOP HERE EVERRRRRR AGAIN! I meant it! Buyers BEWARE! Having second thoughts go with your gut. Our reviews aren't fibs.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

My wife and I bought a couch end of August, custom couch, we were given October 26th for delivery date. We were just told that the delivery date is January 6th. Almost 5 months after purchase. If we were told it will take 5 months to get a couch most likely we would pass on the purchase. This is unacceptable and I am very disappointed in the company. I will not shop there again.

Resolution response: Oct. 17, 2020

After a lot of back and forth between myself and Uniters North America, the warranty company American Signature Furniture uses, they finally approved my claim.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I purchased a couch from American Signature and decided to get the warranty because it's microfiber. I recently made a claim and it was denied because they said I had to report the stain within 15 days of noticing it. I then realized I filled out the form incorrectly because I thought it was asking how long I thought the stain may have been there for which I answered 15-30 days. I disputed the denial of claim and explained I filled out the form incorrectly and they still denied my claim with the same reason for denial before; it had to be reported within 15 days of noticing it.

I submitted the claim again because it was still within the 15 day period and they denied it because they said it was an accumulation of stains when that is completely false. I am very OCD and my couch is in immaculate condition after almost three years of use. I would never have an accumulation of stains on my couch. NEVER. I bought this warranty for peace of mind and all it has done is cause me stress and frustration. NEVER AGAIN AMERICAN SIGNATURE. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Original review: May 18, 2020

Extremely pleased with the excellence in service provided by Consultant Mr. Jorge **, at the "Tropicaire Shopping Center" showroom in Miami. His professionalism and quality of service is highly appreciated and recommended to others.

Original review: May 16, 2020

We purchased a leather recliner and couch three years ago with the warranty. We recently submitted a claim because the automatic recliner stopped working. Upon investigation we could see that a portion of the mechanism was bent. We submitted thorough evidence and additional requests to the warranty company and have been denied. They have determined that this was a manufacturing defect, therefore not covered. While our warranty states "Certain structural or component failures due to a defect in materials or workmanship during normal residential use" are covered, they have denied it. They are saying that a defect in workmanship caused the failure after 3 years of use, yet their wording allows them to refuse our claim.

NEVER buy from this company. We were hesitant to buy the warranty but the sales associate assured us that it would ensure we would have functional attractive furniture for years to come. I am at a loss as what else to say, just hope that this will prohibit others from making the same mistake we have made. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. DOES NOT BACK THEIR PRODUCT!!!

Original review: March 26, 2020

This was the worst purchase I have ever made! And it’s not the product, it was the hassle I went through with customer service, in the store and corporate office! I waited over 6 weeks to get the right piece to my sectional! They delivered it broken and then every week for 6 weeks they kept delivering the wrong piece! They were nasty and didn’t care about my feelings! They also told me I would receive a $100 store credit and when I got to the store the store manager said he was not giving me a store credit. WORST! customer service ever!

Original review: March 5, 2020

This was a horrible place to shop. Nothing I ordered was complete. I had things I didn’t order. When I called Melody to notify her of my missing items she told me they would be shipped in a up to a MONTH.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

My husband and I have been dreading going furniture shopping. We both have been in many furniture stores in the past, and can honestly say have never had any experience that we would title even remotely “pleasant”. In fact, when me and my husband walked into the Kennesaw American Signature Furniture on Sunday 9 February, we had already discussed an exit plan as well as what we would say to escape a pushy sales person bothering us while we searched the store. Lucky for us, we were greeted by Chris ** when we walked into your store, and are proud to say this has completely changed the way we look at the furniture buying process!!

He provided us with the most amazing buying experience either of us had ever had. He gave us the space we desired but never found ourselves without someone to answer our questions. He wasn’t pushy, was very knowledgeable about the products, and most importantly made us feel comfortable and as though we were getting the best deal. Our experience with Chris ** was so pleasant that after purchasing $4000 worth of furniture when we were walking out of the store, instead of conversing about our new goodies, we were actually talking about how amazing he and our experience was. We were more excited about the great service we got than the lovely furniture we just ordered! Chris ** - thank you for your AMAZING buying experience. If our furniture is even half as amazing as the buying experience then we will be happy customers!!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I purchased a sofa and ottoman from American Signature at Cobb Parkway store in Atlanta. I was very excited to pick up. After one month of normal use the sofa began to have no support. I called the store and a nice gentlemen was sent out. He advised sofa would be replaced. Sofa came in and I had to rerun the original in exchange for the new one. Now the second sofa is doing the same. I would like my money back but this is not an option per the store after asking the first time. I am out $1,400 and stuck with a sofa that does not hold up. I do not recommend American Signature. I was treated very rude. The manager and staff had no customer service skills. More people need to know how bad the service and quality is. I just want my money back and this furniture out of my house.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Needing to furnish a two bedroom condo. My partner and I went to numerous showrooms and worked with numerous sales reps. By far Vivian was the best! She was attentive without being pushy. Gave us space when we needed it and was right there with us when we were deliberating a piece & needed her expertise. She moved pieces around and made very useful suggestions. Moving to a new city and having to furnish a new place can be very stressful. It was a joy to work with Vivian and I highly recommend asking for her if you are in Miami. ~ Maureen

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I purchased a love seat and sofa from American Signature and it immediately started to fall apart after delivery. I contacted customer service and they stated that I would have to contact the warranty department which, I did. The first claim was sent to the wrong email. A mistake on their part. I contacted that the department. Again filed a claim and still nothing. It has been months. The only thing that seems to matter to to these people is payment. They want your hard earned money but refuse to fix or replace the product. The warranty is a RIP OFF money. They are stealing your money using false protection on a product they they will never replace or repair.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

This store DOES NOT care about the customer. Not even in the corporate office. Do not buy furniture here... Go to Havertys where they care about the service they provide. I will NEVER spend another dime in this store!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

We bought a new sofa chaise. My husband went to pick it up. It was all wrapped with cover and cardboard so he didn't check if the sofa chaise has any damage. As soon as we came home and unwrapped it we saw they sold us a defective piece. We called them and the lady over there wrote her notes as our labor has damaged the piece. When we call them to explain on what has happened the managers in the store were not ready to listen and were very rude and told us that they will send service tech to check the sofa and if it can be fixed they will fix the damaged piece. Paying almost 900$ sofa why do we have to take the defective piece. We took the pictures of the sofa when it was still in the truck. They always sell defective pieces.

Please do not buy anything from them. I bought a sofa in 2015. Within 2 years span the leather started to peel off and they said they can’t replace it and gave us some store credit. With that store we added some amount and bought sofa chaise now and they provide us a With the defective piece again. The store managers in Atlantic, Blvd Jacksonville were very rude when we tried to explain them the issue and hung up phone on the face. First of all they sell all defective products and when we complain we sold us defective piece they are not even ready to replace or exchange it.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Today I received my much waited on new power recliner. News Flash: It's been raining in Florida for 48 hours. Imagine my shock as I watch the delivery team lay my brand new electrical recliner all which ways on the wet road. Strike one. Strike two, the head rest adjuster wouldn't work. The delivery guy fiddled around with something and it began working, but with an awful noise and catching. He told me it was just the fabric. Nope. He leaves. I go to the LEFT side of my chair to push it over in place and the entire RIGHT side collapses.

I find it hard to believe as they were tugging and flipping on the wet ground neither noticed this. Three phone calls later, I'm told someone from service may come out today or tomorrow to see if it can be fixed. Fourth phone call, I'm told no way. The service guy (singular person for this company...) is on vacation until Jan 3rd- I was given the option of foregoing the power recliner and they'll give me a manual one. Yeah, I could just keep my old recliner if that was the case. Then, I'm told it'll be another month because their furniture is made in EUROPE. But, their name has AMERICAN in it. See where the confusion comes from. Also, the delivery guys left all their trash in the street in front of my house, at the beginning of the neighborhood. Thank goodness for outside and inside cameras to document this.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

We paid $4k for a custom sectional in October, it was first delayed because they sent the wrong color (poor quality assurance in the warehouse I guess), then a piece was not shipped so we lived with a partial sectional for a month, the correct color piece was sent and it was broken. Currently it is December and we are still awaiting the replacement. They have already missed their first "guaranteed" shipment date. I call and complained and they provided me 1.8% discount, yep a total of $75 on a $4,000 purchase. Stay away from this place, they are incompetent and have poor customer service.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I purchased a Home Bar that was in clearance on 11/23/2019 at the American Signature Furniture store in the Stonecrest Mall area, and paid by check. I rented a U-Haul truck to pick it up On 11/24. I arrived to do so about 4:30pm. The young man took our confirmation information and went to get our Bar.. Well getting to the pickup point he was carrying it on a hand truck with nothing around it to secure it. Well he got it there, and as soon as he set the Bar down it fell from the the hand truck and shattered the glass and of course burst the bar so that it was no longer fit to be use. Unable to provide a replacement, or help us with another in our price range.

They then told us we would not be able to get our check refunded until Thursday the 28th,the next week. Of course I was furious because not only am I out of the Bar that would have been perfect for my occasion that was coming up, but now the money I was going to spend to purchase another one, I am no longer able to use. Plus I have to pay for the the truck rental that I didn't use. And the customer service representative Rosa or Lula I believe that was their names was of very little help and didn't seem to care or empathize with me to resolve the issue. I left very disappointed in the service I received at this American Signature Furniture store at Stonecrest Mall, and of course determined I would never shop in this store again.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

We bought a gray and white marble dining room table which I loved. When it arrived, it was brown and white. I called AS and told them I didn’t want a brown and white table. The customer service rep was rude and nasty telling me I couldn’t keep returning it until I got the color I wanted. BUT I bought a gray and white table and not sure why they couldn’t pick out, one time, a table in their warehouse that was similar to what they displayed. The rep was unwilling to work with me and would rather I returned the whole set than try to find a solution. That seems profitable for them. NOT!

We also looked at a sectional. The sales rep told us they were having a sale the next week. We waited and went back for the sale. AS had marked the price up and had it for sale at the price we originally saw it for. Is this even legal? I don’t know about the quality but AS has some very nice designs. It’s sad they run their business this way.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I purchased a sectional sofa in 2015 and I was sold a 5 year protection warranty at that time. I was told that EVERYTHING from pet stains to rips were covered under the warranty for 5 years. Fast forward to late 2018 and the cushions on the sectional start to come apart at the seams. I thought "no problem, I've got a warranty." In September of 2019, I filed a claim for two cushions that both have the same problem as mentioned above; the seams are not holding up. I should have another entire year of coverage under my warranty, but the warranty company responded that my claim is not covered because of when it happened??

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

** and the Button (American Signature Furniture): Excited about our new home purchase in December of 2018, my husband and I visited the nearest American Signature Furniture to buy our living room set, credenza, dining room set, and a mattress. During our first trip to the store, we purchased a 3-piece living room set and a credenza. The living room set was out of tufted upholstery fabric and being a mom of two boys I expressed my concern to the sales rep with its longevity. To what he assured me that if I pay “a bit” extra for the warranty, I should worry less. Upon checkout, the sales rep said that there is no chair available in stock and I can pick one up from the floor since it’s in perfect condition anyways. My husband and I said we are ok with that, as long as it is all in good shape and covered by the warranty. We happily shaked hands with the sales rep and wished him lots of good customers and sales.

11 month later… The button pops off the chair. Seeing my disappointed, tired after a long day at work husband with a button in his hand, I said: “honey, don’t you worry. That is exactly why we’ve got our warranty.” Next day, on a beautiful Saturday morning, I called the store. The person on the other line looked up my purchase and said that I don’t need to worry since not only I have the 5-year warranty that I bought, it is still covered under a 1-year store policy.

I thanked her a bunch, feeling excited and ready to go on with my Saturday plans! But then she says: “wait a minute, did you say it was a chair?” I said yes. She said: “but your chair isn’t covered.” Surprised, thinking it was some kind of mistake, I explained our interaction with the sales rep during the purchase and assured that the 3-piece set was covered, otherwise I would have never bought it in the first place. She said: “well, the credenza and two sofas are, but not the chair. There may have been a mistake or something.” She offered to transfer to the assistant store manager.

Meet ** No Last Name… Assistant manager ** picks up the phone. I went on telling him my story and that my couches were awesome until I got that nasty button flying off. Seemed to be prepped to respond even before I finished it, he said: “I don’t know what the sales rep told you in the past, but you should have asked more questions and paid more attention at the policy when you bought it. I can’t do nothing for you. These couches are no longer for sale.” I went on telling him that the sales rep most likely mistakenly added credenza instead of the chair on the warranty.

Seemed aggravated, he kept interrupting me, cutting the conversation short. I said: “**, since it seems you are not hearing me, I would like to speak to someone who can assist me in this situation. Can you give me the name of your manager?” **: “I cannot.” Me: “Can you please give me a contact at your corporate office?” **: “8887518552.” Me: “May I ask, who can I speak with there?” **: “No.” Puzzled by these rude responses, I asked: “**, may I have your last name for my reference?” **: “I don’t give out my last name. I am the only ** here!”

Dear ** No Last Name, I worked in retail industry in leadership roles for many years and know what does it take to handle a customer that has a concern. Your rudeness is unwarranted and if your team member makes a mistake, it is OK to hear what a concerned customer has to say, and it is OK when you are as an Assistant Store Manager gracefully carry your last name. Also, when you take ownership and address your own mistakes it is called good business practices. Seriously, try researching this term on the internet. It will pay off in a long run. Pretending your mistake is your customer’s fault is short-term solution that yields bad long-term results.

Dear Reader, needless to say DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM AMERICAN SIGNATURE FURNITURE unless you want to spend your Saturday listening to your offended husband or wife! Peace to ALL. Location: 7463 W Colonial Drive, Orlando FL 32818. Invoice: 409-237-051

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Made the mistake of buying a leather couch from American Signature in Tampa. The couch was so overstuffed that it was simply uncomfortable to sit on. Called to express our concerns and we were told that that is the way it is (funny the showroom sample was extremely comfortable to sit on). Customer service told us we could wait for it to "break in" or return it but there was a 20% fee and we would not get the delivery fee refunded.

Fast forward 6 months later and it's still painful to sit on. Had one of their "service technicians come out to fix a USB charging port that was never even connected when assembled and the guy actually said we should get kids to "Jump on it" to speed up the break in period. This company is simply uncaring, unprofessional and an embarrassment to our community, They will not do anything to fix this issue. The staff is rude, you can never talk to the same person twice and everyone there simply does not care. I cannot comment on the quality other than to say the couch is so uncomfortable that we are going to donate it to Salvation Army and buy a new one from a store that actually cares about its customers. In my entire life I have never had such a horrific time with a company. Once they have your money you better hope you are happy because they do not care and they do not stand by the customer.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

My husband and I purchased 2 couches from American Signature Furniture in May of last year, as well as the extended warranty. Within 3 months the furniture began to creak very loudly. They picked up the furniture for repairs and when we got the pieces back the noise was worse than when we started. After calling Am Sig again we were told there was nothing more they could do. They stated that they didn’t want to attempt repairs a second time because they didn’t believe it would fix the problem. So now I am stuck with faulty furniture that continues to deteriorate. They should be ashamed of themselves for selling subpar products.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at American Signature Furniture on Sunday 11/10/19. The sales associate (Erica **) was extremely professional and such a joy to work with! She helped us find the perfect sleeper sofa and within our budget. We are a repeat customer and will continue to go to this store for future furniture needs. I highly recommend this store! :-)

American Signature Furniture Company Information