3.8/5 (1141 ratings)

About Taco Bell

Taco Bell Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Taco Bell?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2023

I went to the Capitol Blvd store and asked for a key to use the restroom. At first I was ignored. When I asked again I was met by profanity from their female night worker. She then proceeded to curse her when he told her there was a messy situation outside and saying she wasn’t going to clean it. Then she started some more cursing. Her co-worker even asked why she curse so much. She was just **.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2023

On the night of Feb. 2 2023 my wife and I decided to stop by the Taco Bell on 6706 US Highway 431 to get something to eat. Before we began ordering we specifically told the employee taking the drive-thru orders that each and every item of food needed to be free of lettuce. Once we began ordering we reiterated that no lettuce was to go on each taco and burrito, and we could see "NO LETTUCE" appear under each individual item on the order screen. We even "rounded up" so the change would go to a fund to help Child Education. We waited for the order for approx. 10 minutes. It didn't seem odd to me at the time that two of the employees came to the window, smile and give me a nod when we received our order.

Once we got home we opened the food and noticed that not only did each and every taco and burrito have lettuce on them, but they had an obvious triple overabundance (easily triple the normal amount). This was done deliberately! And they wanted us to know it! After calling and making a complaint we took the food back, but couldn't find the smiling nodding employees who were the obvious culprits of the prank, but what we did find was an inebriated employee that was handling trash and fixing food WITH THE SAME GLOVES ON HER HANDS! She was talking in riddles and could barely comprehend that we wanted to see the manager and not make a food order.

The only redeeming point of the whole FRUSTRATING TIME AND GAS WASTING endeavor was the manager (John), and his willingness to give us our money back without question. My wife and I have vowed to NEVER eat at that particular Taco Bell ever again, and will advise others we know not to waste their time or risk their health by eating there either. It was an actual good thing that we had to bring the food back, especially after witnessing the dirty state of the kitchen and the unsanitary practices of the high-as-a-kite employee.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

I regularly get the chips and cheese from Taco Bell and no matter what restaurant I go to the chips are always stale and burnt. There is an after taste with the chips as well. This has come to my attention a few months ago. I figured the issue would work itself out, but every Taco Bell seems to have the same nasty chips.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I visited the Taco Bell in Burlington NC on Huffman Mill on my lunch and order Nacho Belle Grande and waited 20 mins to get a Soft Taco. Gentleman called my Name for order and it was a single Taco. The cashier told the RUDE gentleman that threw my order on the counter that it was wrong. He ignored him and continued to look at his phone. Cashier then ask the manager that was working drive through with another young lady if he could correct my order and the manager continued to work drive through. After 10 mins I asked for a refund. The manager finally came and gave me a copy of refund for 7.93. After 3 days my money had still not been refunded. I go back to store. The same manager said it was the weekend so it's probably taking longer. Ask for corporate phone number and he said he didn't know it.

Seven days still no refund. Go back to store. RUDE manager said I needed to call corporate about refunds. Ask for number. She said she didn't know it but I could Google it. Call corporate. She offer to send me coupons if I had a appt. Ask if I can have a GM to contact me. It's been a month no call no refund. This Taco Bell need to be closed down. They are always rude and **.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

I ordered with my 4 year old. All he wanted was the nacho fries and the baja blast. 20 mins, no food, I went up and asked, they said they'd get on it. I see a bunch of cars go through the drive up window. I was pissed! I went to a different Taco Bell and my kid enjoyed those fries, but this particular location needs a new crew!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I have used the Taco Bell app multiple times and unfortunately Academy has so many locations and I inadvertently choose the wrong location and showed up at the wrong location and needed to get a refund for my order and called in to the Austin Bluffs/Academy location and spoke with Mary who was so rude and told me to use the app to get a refund but could not advise me on where to go in the app or how to go about a refund. She told me to GOOGLE it. I was beside myself to hear a manager with such little customer service. It makes me second guess going to a taco bell who just has anyone with a title of a Manager. I feel like Mary needs to be reprimanded and replaced..

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

I don’t know why Taco Bell even offers customization to the orders because they never get it right! I have dietary restrictions and cannot eat dairy. How hard is it to not put cheese on the taco??? I have tried to order food from them in person, online and in the drive through and 9 times out of 10 they put cheese on the tacos.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

Taco pizza meat had a burnt taste. Nacho fries were extremely salty. Give us the spice and reduce the salt considerably. Also monitor the meat when in the warmer too long so burnt taste is not there.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

We waited with our 4 year old for over 25 minutes! I even went up front 3 times to wait for our food and stood there with employees and management in rude and hostile moods. There were only two other customers waiting at their tables for food as well. After seeing several cars go in and out of the drive through, while we were still waiting, I was pissed! They even locked the doors while we were still inside. We couldn’t go out the door we came in by our car. We had to go out the emergency exit and walk around the building! We will NEVER eat at another Taco Bell again!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

My parents and I went for lunch and we ordered our food but it never came. I asked about it. They said they were shortstaffed and it took a long time to cook the fries, people after us were receiving their food but we still had not received ours, I asked for the manager. A girl said she was the manager. Her name was Branie. She said she would get on it. Waited another 15 minutes. Still no food, I believe her friends came in and she gave our food to them for free, this was very unprofessional. I do not go to McDonald’s now because of similar things. Now Taco bell is on that list. This was very upsetting to be treated that way. I asked for the manager's name of that location. She kept leaving, I had to keep asking for her. She said his name is Paul but is not allowed to give out his phone number.

Customer service is the only thing between you and any other fast food chain. Please train your staff to be professional and courteous. This can damage Paul’s reputation, Branie’s reputation and Taco Bell's Reputation. Just remember Wards, Sears, Kmart, Big boy restaurants, Carrols restaurants, Pop’n taco, Sambo’s, Taco Viva, Two Pesos, Vip’s restaurants, and many more do not exist because mostly due to customer service. You treat people right, they will come, but if you don’t you will be just like the rest - gone. Do not send me coupons or free food. I am writing this so you know what is happening in your restaurants. This is not the first time I have been treated badly in your restaurant, but this was so striking of such horrible customer service that I felt I needed to speak up, thank you.

Taco Bell Company Information