1.61/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

255 Taco Bell Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I placed an online order. I proceeded to the store to pick up my order. When I arrived they said that they did not receive any online orders. I then placed the same order at the store. When I got back home I checked my computer and it showed that the order had been placed and it was in the process of being prepared. I called the store and they told me that I would have to call the corporate office to get this taken care of. When I called the corporate office the next day, I was told that I would have to wait 3 to 4 day for the order to fall off their system. They would refund the charge after that. Taco Bell needs to get a better program to handle their online orders. It makes no sense that the store cannot bring up the order and it is held in limbo for several days.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Restaurant at Will Clayton with Atascocita Rd, Houston-Tx. It's the third time that I order a beef number 6, supreme, to get home and find beef only on the tips of my chalupas. Very disappointed. Very. 7 dollars for a bread with salad. They already know that hardly someone gonna get home this late, tired from a long day at work, and go back there just to complain, nobody got time for that. So they take advantage of this fact and keep on doing it with the customers. It was not a mistake. 3 times with the same customer. It's not a mistake. They ended up ruining my night. First the third time.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Where is the beef? I can't believe the amount of meat I've gotten in my tacos, burritos, Gordita, Chalupa... etc. Last four times my orders had hardly no meat, it looked like the meat was cut in half. They reduced the meat in all their items. All of my friends told me they stopped going there because of the same reason. I used to love TB.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Ordered two bean burritos with extra red sauce and extra onions. There was no red sauce and no onions. Very disappointing. This is the second time this week I ordered these for my elderly mother who loves the bean burritos here with onions.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Taco Bell on Lake St Aurora IL 60506 - This manager is way far from being a nice manager. She’s rude, disrespectful and really careless about customer. I explain my food wasn’t all I ordered. She didn’t even care. She turned around and left me there. I talked to a different person and they told me. "Sorry she’s the manager." I walk into the restroom and it wasn’t paper towel in it. I told them I needed to speak with the manager. She was doing food without gloves so I noticed she had a long fake nails. It let me thinking if she was the manager and she’s doing this what the rest of the team member is doing. They don’t care even a little. There’s another person there. Carmen I believe. She goes in front of other people’s order and gave free food to others. I think this is not fair. I have been there for a long time when Diego was Manager. I hope he could be in charge again. Poor people that goes eat there like me hope the best for the owner.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Taco Bell?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Purchased several Items. Came home and found someone took a bite (yes a bite) out of my Chalupa. This was deliberate and is disgusting and went back where they apologized. I believe you need to get these employees drug testing. This is a serious health violation. My order # is **.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Nathaniel ** was very helpful and kind. He helped me with everything I needed. He cooks some good food as well. Every time I go to Taco Bell he always welcomes me with a warm smile. He is very respectful.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

You can no longer order a BEEF BURRITO from TACO BELL. You have to order a BEAN BURRITO with no BEAN, For the price of a BEAN BURRITO, then add the beef for an extra cost! Now doesn't that sound like a ripoff. How long did it take them to come up with this scheme? No longer selling the BEEF BURRITO!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Taco bell. 2nd day in a row. This place is a joke. I use to work here. I know how it goes. Yesterday I went through taco bell night time. Ordered a 2 of the new 5 dollar boxes. No tomato on one of the boxes, triple layer nachos no red sauce, and a $1 burrito. Tomatoes of course on one of the boxes. Normal didn't complain. Taco bell had ** up and put tomatoes on my Mexican pizza while I was an employee there. Tonight I went there and ordered one $5 box and a triple layer nacho. For one when ordered I asked for the triple layer nachos the red sauce to be on the side just in a cup and I was CHARGED for a side of red sauce? The hell? It's one push of red sauce. You don't charge a customer for something that is on the item that they want on the side.

At least not when I worked there. You put one pump of red sauce in the container or whatever they're asking on the side that they just don't want on the item. Bam done. Customer satisfied. Anyways I just ended up getting red sauce on my nachos. The $5 box is what I'm enraged about. They gave me a REGULAR FRICKEN CHALUPA. Taco Bell you're crazy. Also my cinnamon twist had I 5 in the bag! I have photos! This time no tomatoes! But they sure as hell enjoyed giving me less of what I paid for and the wrong items. I called. I was asked to bring the food back up there. Not in the ways of being able to do that tonight.

I told the "manager" when she first answered that I did not have a way up there tonight. I was thinking like normal taco bell would say just come in tomorrow and we will replace that for you. When I come to places I expect to get my ** right. Not have to travel back to a place that I used to work at that cant even get my own order right. Also I know you guys have someone fill your twists. Clearly someone isn't doing their job right. Always whoever was in line and gave me a regular CHALUPA. Instead of the double. Congrats. You made your rates go down. I made them go up all the time when I worked there. Haha. Congrats on getting no tomatoes on there though. Thanks for the ** service.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I visited our local Taco Bell in Fairborn, Ohio on East Dayton Yellow Springs Rd. 12-6-18. My two boys, my husband and myself ordered our food and we usually get the same things but this time our order was more than usual. After we got our food (we ate inside) we noticed they charged us for an extra combo meal because we had an extra one. So I went to return and refund and after waiting 15 mins because the cashier was in the back. She was the only female working I believe her name was Danielle. I explained what happened and she grabbed my receipt out of my hand and just walked away.

Her manager came back out and I explained what happened again and he was willing to do the refund but he had to do it out of his own pocket?? He then tried to ask other employees how much money they had so it could be exact change. I couldn't believe it. I told them never mind and kept the extra combo. Is there no way to do a refund through the register?? And the cashier stayed in the back the whole time. Other customers were waiting too.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Following are some experiences I have had at the stores in Tyler, Texas. At one Taco Bell, I took my order back to the counter because it was wrong. I never got it back, and left having paid for a combo meal and not receiving it. Everyone just pretended to ignore me, and since I am not the type to make a scene, I just left. In another store, a woman took my order and refused to give me my total. Just. Flat. Refused. I asked three times. She finally said: "I will give you your total when you give me your name." I gave my name, and she turned and bolted back to the kitchen--without quoting my total.

I was a frequent customer (a professional person) and was always friendly--and this is how I was treated. For excellent service and food every time, go to nearby Burger King--a couple of hundred feet away (where my co-workers and I now go for lunch instead of Taco Bell.) PS: I am a teacher, and a student came into my office Monday and offered the reason for her absence the week before-- she had gotten sick eating at Taco Bell...

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Taco Bell on main Street, Lexington, SC did a total 180. When I used to go there, everything would come out wrong and the workers were nasty and argumentative, so I stopped going for 2 yrs. Now I go there and they greet me, make me feel important, and always get it right. Someone did something right to change, because it is so much better.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I have ordered 8 items in drive through. Once I reach home, I realized 2 Cheesy Fiesta Potato Bowls missing in the packet. We got only 6 items instead of 8 items ordered. I called in the restaurant (as it is 6 miles away from my home) and requested if they can refund the money for those 2 items. They said they cannot refund the money over the phone. My family and I were so hungry and it was already 9:00 PM by the time I had phone call with the manager (Brian). I had to drive all the way back to the restaurant and requested for the refund of whole order ($14.03) instead of just those 2 items ($2.98).

Manager did not accept my request. Rather he argued with me why he would refund the whole money. I said, "It is your mistake, and because of your mistake, I wasted my gas to drive back and forth (12 miles), my time, and the inconvenience caused to me. As a courtesy, I am requesting you to refund the total amount of the order instead of just missing items." He did not agree to refund back the money, he is rude and argued with me instead. This never happened to me and I am totally dissatisfied with the service he provided. Felt like never go to Taco Bell again.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Diarrhea. Employees were running all over the little Latina manager, customers got the wrong food and employees seemed pissed off to make the correct item. My food was made in a jiffy and immediately caused GASTRIC DISTRESS. CLOSE THIS JOINT.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I was a taco short on my order. Employees behind the counter ignored me as they laughed and played in the back. When I did get their attention, 3 all waved to another to come and help me. That clerk asked another clerk still to prepare the missing item. If half the staff can't be bothered to help a customer or to correct their own mistake, I think I'll go elsewhere next time.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I came in one morning and this polite girl handled my order so well I can't wait to go back. Her name is Bella, she is very outgoing and polite, almost felt like I was at home. The restaurant was very clean.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Tonight 10-14-18 at approximately 8pm I went to Taco Bell at 1402 Rt 37 in Toms River, NJ. I wanted to order a Cantina Bowl not knowing that it is now called a Powerbowl because it is not displayed as such on the drive thru menu. As I proceeded to order, the man at the drive thru, Frank said "uh, what do you want?" I then said "may I please have a steak cantina bowl?" I then heard him along with the other workers laughing at my accent in the background. As I became irate, I went to the drive thru window, a young girl presumably ** came to the window and I went on to ask what was so funny and she said "what, we ain't laughing". I then said "instead of laughing why don't you do your work"? She then said, " Whatever, why don't you mind your damn business?"

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

On September 17th, I underwent a surgical procedure on my left leg. Afterwards, despite the pain, my wife, granddaughter and I decided to go through the Taco Bell drive-thru (store 023774). My granddaughter ordered a Triple Double Crunchwrap Box to share with my wife. I ordered two Beefy Nacho Grillers. The girl taking the order said "What are those? I never heard of that." I explained that it was simply a burrito filled with seasoned beef, nacho cheese and red strips. She said "We don't have those."

First off, she sounded like she was distracted and that I was an interruption. (Perhaps it was close to the end of her shift. It was almost 4 pm.). Second, this item is listed online and for the particular restaurant we went to (2011 Airport Blvd in Pensacola, FL.). I was so disappointed, I paid for the crunch wrap box, and declined to order anything for myself. My granddaughter specified Coke as the drink for the combo, but she received diet Coke instead. It will probably be some time before we patronize our local Taco Bell again.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

WORST experience of my life. I went in to store number 035310 tonight for dinner with my family. I ordered a power bowl with beef and extra lettuce, and cheese quesadilla. When the food came out my power bowl had regular iceberg lettuce on it. I went up and asked why there was romaine (as it is supposed to come with romaine). The "manager" said that is how some people like it, I told her, "Well that is not how I ordered it." She then made me a new one. This time the rice was not cooked and was hard. I went and told her and she started raising her voice, saying it was fresh rice and that I was wrong. She told me I had an attitude and she didn't need to fix it and that she doesn't need customers like me in her store.

There was a gentleman working who then made me a new one. (The rice was still hard) But I was grateful for his customer service. My son's quesadilla also was not cooked at all and there were actual shredded cheese in it not melted and cold. I am beyond upset and cannot believe was treated with such disrespect. I will never go back to that Taco Bell ever again!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Every time I order it's never right. Tonight I ordered a #6 steak with nacho cheese. I had two pieces of steak and the bread was hard. Not to mention the customer service is horrible. Tonight is my last time going to the one on Hillcrest RD in Dubuque, Iowa.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Time to put Taco Bell on my do not eat list. Just like McDonald's they are great at getting your money but not at getting your order right! I ordered two tostada's without nacho cheese, two burritos one beef and one bean and a dozen of their cinnabons at the drive thru. After repeating my order and reviewing the order on screen you would think they would get it right... But no I get two beef & bean burritos, two tostadas with nacho cheese and no cinnabons! This wasn't the first time they messed my order up but it will be the last???

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Worst Taco Bell/KFC ever. You're better off going to the one off of Imperial and Hawthorne, which is less than 5min away. The floor is always sticky by the soda machine and lids are everywhere. I went there and ordered my lunch, I ordered three items and ask for hot sauce. The guy gives me two packets and I ask if I can get more and he grabs 5 packs and only puts 2 extra in my bag. Literally the only Taco Bell I've been to where they are stingy with their hot sauce. Then I get back to work and they forgot an item so now I'm pissed and I go back to speak to a manager because this has took almost my whole lunch. The cashier is like I didn't mess up they did with an attitude. I was like, "I don't care who messed up. I just want what I paid for." The manager never came out, just gave me my item and no apologies what so ever. I will not be returning any time soon. Just go to the one on Hawthorne. Way cleaner and better service.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

My girlfriend I and her son goes thru drive thru at Taco Bell in Kannapolis NC. We order 7 soft steak burritos two 7 layer burritos with black beans on the side and a large Pepsi. I get to window, they forgot the 7 soft steak burritos. We wait, we get the order, start driving away, stop and double check the order. They gave me 6 not seven. So I go in get the other steak burrito. We get home there is no side of black beans and all 7 burritos are beef not steak.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I'm getting really ** tired of Taco Bell discontinuing really great food. I eat food that they put on the menu to come back and they have discontinued them. How and why the ** Taco Bell? That is the most annoying ** ever. And you have really nasty employees most of the time.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I created this account just to write a review about how slow the service is at the Taco Bell location that is closest to my home. I’ve come to this location several times over the past four years and the service has always been slow, but I’ve been sitting in the drive-through line for about 15 minutes and have not had a chance to order. I’ve seen several people leave because they are not willing to wait. I’m not writing this review to bash Taco Bell at all. I would just like for someone to have the opportunity to correct something that may be going unnoticed. The location is in Sandy Springs, GA in zip 30328 at the crossroads of Abernathy and Roswell Rd. I love Taco Bell. If you could please address this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Taco Bell in Hampton Cove needs major improvement! I have gone twice and had poor service both times. We ordered shredded chicken burritos and were given tacos. The first time we made it all the way home and had to go back. The second time, I checked them at the counter and asked that they be re-made. Taco Bell manager dumped the taco stuffing into a burrito tortilla and had staff member give them back. No rice, no sauce, and it had the taco lettuce on it. Sad, sad, sad, and unethical!!!! The store is also dirty, food and grease on the floor, staff looks rushed and tired. While I was there each time more people got the wrong order than got the right order. Not to mention, the average wait time for fast food is 20-30 minutes... That's not fast. Buyer beware! Go someplace else.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I got a Supreme Burrito and Nacho Fries at the Hamilton Montana store. Both were cold and the fries were mushy. All kidding aside the burrito was the worst burrito I have ever had. The Nacho Fries were just ok, but like I said cold.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Late at night when you're hungry this is the place to go. The food is always great and hits spot. Now the customer service is a hit and miss. Sometimes it's great, other times it's good and there are times when they make you feel unwanted. The only other problem I have is dessert. There should be a bigger selection. It's a hassle to have to go to more than one fast food restaurant. When it's late at night or throughout the day... one is all we have time for.

Original review: June 23, 2018

As it stains the customer servicè is put together. It might be better if they had a service that you either spoke into, text/Typed or called your order in. Someway you didn't need to speak to a person but only to pìçk it ùp.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Let this stand as notification of unprofessional behavior by a representative of your company, Taco Bell, located at 555 NE Hwy 19 Crystal River. Florida, at 03:59 pm, today's date: June 10, 2018. We visited this location on June 1. 2018 and purchased food totaling $18.05 at 12:12 pm, utilizing the drive-thru window. Upon returning home, we found several strands of human hair throughout our food. We immediately made contact by phone to notify management that it was apparent someone in the food preparation area was failing to use proper headgear required by law to prevent the contamination of food products. On that date, a representative, who introduced herself as ** politely registered our concerns, and without delay invited us to return to the location for a complete refund of our money, along with full replacement of our purchase.

At that time, we informed your representative of our busy schedule, along with our inability to return at that time. ** graciously offered to take our name and phone number and invited us to return at our convenience for a replacement, to which we agreed on a future date. Today, June 10, 2018, at 03:59 pm my wife entered the location, with the original receipt of purchase to request the replacement of the food initially purchased. Confronted by a different representative than we had spoken with on the phone, **. This representative became verbally aggressive towards my wife, using profanity, stating that "it was people like us that she hated, always coming in expecting free food, and she was tired of it and wasn't going to tolerate it!" She spoke in a loud, unprofessional manner that could be heard by other patrons of the restaurant, embarrassing my wife as well as making us feel as if we had committed a crime.

She continued her rant as she refused to replace the food. Instead, being forced to purchase the majority of our order, allowing ** to decide which portion would get replaced, and which part would require additional purchase. Your representative not only acted in an unprofessional manner but verbally assaulted my wife in the process. Publically embarrassing her in front of other patrons, as well as other employees of your company, whom all smiled and chuckled as if they were enjoying the show that was on display at the expense of my spouse.

I will not overlook this incident and would like a member of ownership, not management to contact at the number provided. Through the thoughtfulness of three separate patrons who witnessed this atrocity, I have obtained written statements. This public display of intentional humiliation enacted by your employee is without question, disgusting, unprofessional, at best. I seek a response from your ownership within a reasonable amount of time from today's date. Regards.

Taco Bell Company Information