3.34/5

271 Taco Bell Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 12, 2019

I personally love Taco Bell but when two employees try to be genuinely funny in the morning it makes a person's day so much better. I wish every place was like this. Not only being funny but they also wish me a happy Mother's Day and even though I'm not a mom they said for future reference.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I all the time see sauces such as mild, fire, and hot but there is never a Diablo sold in bottles at retailers such as Walmart and other stores. Sure it may not be for everyone but for the ones that love and prefer that hot and spicy feeling from a good hot sauce I believe they need to look into selling the Diablo sauce on shelves with all the other sauces.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

With Taco Bell it's 50/50. You don't always get 100% great service and food. But for the price and services they provide it's pretty good. Everyone still loves going there. Taco Bell is still in my top 5 fast food places to go.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Taco Bell on main Street, Lexington, SC did a total 180. When I used to go there, everything would come out wrong and the workers were nasty and argumentative, so I stopped going for 2 yrs. Now I go there and they greet me, make me feel important, and always get it right. Someone did something right to change, because it is so much better.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Late at night when you're hungry this is the place to go. The food is always great and hits spot. Now the customer service is a hit and miss. Sometimes it's great, other times it's good and there are times when they make you feel unwanted. The only other problem I have is dessert. There should be a bigger selection. It's a hassle to have to go to more than one fast food restaurant. When it's late at night or throughout the day... one is all we have time for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Taco Bell?

Original review: May 19, 2019

I have tried to patronize our local Taco Bell. However, it is impossible. 100% of the time I have visited this disgusting store, I have received an incorrect order. I don't understand how anyone can stay in business when the quality control is non-existent. This is the worst garbage I have ever attempted to eat. Management at Taco Bell (if any exists) should take the franchise away from the idiot that owns it. I have written about this particular store on numerous occasions, however, nothing is ever done and it continues to get worse.

I was very fortunate to be sent a certificate for two free tacos due to my consistent complaints. Oh boy, what a landfall. I guess they thought this would shut me up and never bother them again. I sent the certificate back to Taco Bell and asked that instead of offering me free tacos, that they should look into this franchise. NO! Nothing ever happened. For those of you who continue to eat this garbage, be sure to visit your doctor regularly. I will never visit another Taco Bell in my lifetime.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Everything is normally very good; this time thought it was different. I always get the Chalupa box and I always LOVE this box but as soon as I took a bite it was different. My regular taco had only meat and cheese in it. I wish I could add a picture just to show how much was really in it because it would normally be able to read my little brother but he would have to eat five of them just to make him full. Then I ate my Chalupa which only had tomatoes and meat on it... last but not least I ate the burrito that come in the box and it was like it had sat out in the cool for a long time. My experience this time was just not good so I hope that they really take this into consideration. I also think that if the reason was that they were out of products they should at least tell the customers so they may order something different. This location was in Georgetown Texas.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Taco Bell 6112 82nd Lubbock, TX 79424. Took over an hour to deliver food and then only after asked for money back and would go elsewhere. I eat Taco Bell all the time and the food was uneatable. Then the 19 year old waitress chased us out of Taco Bell cussing us in front of 7 kids. The worst experience ever at a Taco Bell.

Original review: April 5, 2019

A few times now, I have ordered taco salads, and they are bitter! Maybe the oil it's being fried in is not getting changed out often enough. Also, does Taco Bell have a problem getting cheese? I won't order certain items if I don't have cheese at home to add to it. I tried to leave a review on the website, but it was not accepting the address or time that I had put in. What a crock!

Original review: April 5, 2019

Taco Bell, terrible food, and, management. We as customers pay for food and get cold nasty food or prepared food made incorrectly. Food was burnt and not prepared correctly. Becomes tiresome paying for food not prepared well or food that taste nasty.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Who's the corporate mastermind that made changes to the Taco Bell fast food? To start with Taco salads use to have meat in them and they tasted like their claim to fame "taco" seasoning (cumin). My Fiesta Taco Salad had no meat and no flavor, but lots of filler (rice & beans). There was no flavor in the supposedly shredded chicken burrito I purchased. There was lots of rice and beans (filler) and maybe a tablespoon of chicken. In my opinion they need to get rid of the rice. No amount of their 'sauces' is going to make a difference. Go back to the Taco Bell food before the current management took over as the current products they are serving is of low quality. I'm never going back - it's disgusting. I don't know if Taco Bell cares about the customer and selling a better product, but if the poor quality food continues, they may go out of business.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Requesting phone call from Management...Horrible experience consisting of quality of food, mistakes with order, missing item, etc... Meximelt missing. Ordered a burrito requesting no rice, add potatoes ($0.50 upcharge) and the burrito was served with rice and no potatoes added. Two spicy potato tacos ordered, no spicy sauce on both tacos. Mexican Pizza made incorrectly with no lettuce, very little tomatoes, and the shells were very soft and wet with grease. Ordered Spicy Rattlesnake Nacho Fries, restaurant out of fries. Ordered Nachos Bell Grande, restaurant out of chips.

Ordered the blue Doritos hard taco, restaurant only had nacho (red) Doritos shells. Employee at register mistakenly pressed in $40 when I paid with a gift credit card (balance on gift card was $4.00) and when Manager was finally able to come up front, she advised gift cards cannot be refunded and gave instruction to employee that took almost 10 minutes to correct the issue (while prepared food sat off to the side). All food was room temperature when eaten (apparently from sitting while employee worked out issue with register). All tortillas were "very" greasy. Unacceptable!

Original review: March 14, 2019

After to going to Taco Bell's in both Canada and The USA recently, I have noticed their recipe flavor for the meat has changed for the WORSE. I have been going to Taco Bell since 1972 and will never go to another as long as I live. I did some research online and found others have noticed this overpowering onion flavor change in Taco Bell's meat recipe, which used to be good...not anymore. It sucks big time. Not sure why they changed a good thing, but must be for cost reasons, and as such Taco Bell will never cost me a dime again cause I will never eat there again.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Over the last few years, Taco Bell food offerings have really gone downhill. I started eating at Taco Bell in 1972, used to ride my bicycle to our local Taco Bell for my .25 taco and burrito. Today, 2/28/2019, the Connersville, IN Taco Bell I purchased a Taco Salad. They didn't have the chicken taco salad anymore. This Taco Salad was such poor quality than the previous Chicken Taco Salad. Almost no lettuce, soggy meat, and smaller taco shell. Will never purchase one of these again. Additionally, I can no longer order a beef enchirito. Taco Bell corporate really needs to hire people that care about customers and the company. Big disappointment.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Used the drive thru. There were a couple cars in front of me which was no problem. It was moving along until it the car in front of me got stuck at the menu for an extended period of time, when they left and I got to the menu to order the woman taking orders asked me to please hold for a moment. No problem! Then I sat there... and sat there.

Then all of a sudden I hear very loud elevated talking coming from the sidewalk right by the drive thru line. It was 3 of your employees. One was clearly suppose to be taking orders at the window and 2 other employees. The one employee was apparently reacting like a child when she got scolded to do her job instead of standing around and talking. This was ridiculous for me to have to sit there forever and listen to your employees fight out in the parking lot right next to a huge line of cars that had built up behind me and several people had their windows down... totally unprofessional. What made it worse is it took forever for someone to actually take my order. By the time I got my food it was cold, I ordered a Dr. P and got a root beer and I asked for hot sauce 2x and still didn't get it. No napkins. :( Probably won't be going back anytime soon.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Today I went to Pleasantville Taco Bell and ordered supreme chalupa and a $5 chalupa cravings box. The supreme chalupa’s filling was very little. I mean I paid $3 for the chalupa and what I get is a chalupa with no filling. This was not the first time this had happened to me. They don’t fill the order properly. Very disappointing and waste of my money.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

In January I ordered take out at the counter. I ordered all of my various food items with no cheese as I can't eat cheese. Everything but the 6 bean burritos was correct. However the 6 bean burritos had cheese on them. I called within 15 minutes and told them. The man I spoke with said he'd put it in their "book". I asked if I needed to save the receipt and he said I didn't. I saved it anyway. I thought I remembered his name as Jose or Jesus.

Well fast forward a month I go in to order those plus some other items and the (manager?) Edgar/Edger told me it wasn't in the "book". I saw him go to a computer not a book. He proceeded to become extremely rude and acted as if I was lying. He offered 50% off the bean burritos. Well since 100% of them went in the trash I don't find that an acceptable solution. I decided to just leave and call corporate. When I asked for my receipt back he threw it at me. I asked his name he told me; then snidely said Jose. I was in no way trying to generalize by using the name Jose that's what I remembered it to be. Something with a J anyway. This man has no business working with the public. I will not go to this location ever again even though it's closest to my house. It's not my fault they made the food incorrectly nor that they didn't write this in the "book". No one deserves to be treated as I was treated.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Ordered online then received a confirmation text. Next I received a text telling me my order was ready to be picked up. Proceeded to Taco Bell on Canton Rd. in Springfield township near Akron, Ohio and was told they never received my order. I showed the employee my order info on my phone with the right address of the Taco Bell. I was denied my order and told to call corporate. Refunded a week later, no apology, did not try and make up for their mistake in any way. This was just the latest incident of many for me at this incompetent franchise. Never again!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I placed an online order. I proceeded to the store to pick up my order. When I arrived they said that they did not receive any online orders. I then placed the same order at the store. When I got back home I checked my computer and it showed that the order had been placed and it was in the process of being prepared. I called the store and they told me that I would have to call the corporate office to get this taken care of. When I called the corporate office the next day, I was told that I would have to wait 3 to 4 day for the order to fall off their system. They would refund the charge after that. Taco Bell needs to get a better program to handle their online orders. It makes no sense that the store cannot bring up the order and it is held in limbo for several days.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Restaurant at Will Clayton with Atascocita Rd, Houston-Tx. It's the third time that I order a beef number 6, supreme, to get home and find beef only on the tips of my chalupas. Very disappointed. Very. 7 dollars for a bread with salad. They already know that hardly someone gonna get home this late, tired from a long day at work, and go back there just to complain, nobody got time for that. So they take advantage of this fact and keep on doing it with the customers. It was not a mistake. 3 times with the same customer. It's not a mistake. They ended up ruining my night. First the third time.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Where is the beef? I can't believe the amount of meat I've gotten in my tacos, burritos, Gordita, Chalupa... etc. Last four times my orders had hardly no meat, it looked like the meat was cut in half. They reduced the meat in all their items. All of my friends told me they stopped going there because of the same reason. I used to love TB.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Ordered two bean burritos with extra red sauce and extra onions. There was no red sauce and no onions. Very disappointing. This is the second time this week I ordered these for my elderly mother who loves the bean burritos here with onions.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Taco Bell on Lake St Aurora IL 60506 - This manager is way far from being a nice manager. She’s rude, disrespectful and really careless about customer. I explain my food wasn’t all I ordered. She didn’t even care. She turned around and left me there. I talked to a different person and they told me. "Sorry she’s the manager." I walk into the restroom and it wasn’t paper towel in it. I told them I needed to speak with the manager. She was doing food without gloves so I noticed she had a long fake nails. It let me thinking if she was the manager and she’s doing this what the rest of the team member is doing. They don’t care even a little. There’s another person there. Carmen I believe. She goes in front of other people’s order and gave free food to others. I think this is not fair. I have been there for a long time when Diego was Manager. I hope he could be in charge again. Poor people that goes eat there like me hope the best for the owner.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Purchased several Items. Came home and found someone took a bite (yes a bite) out of my Chalupa. This was deliberate and is disgusting and went back where they apologized. I believe you need to get these employees drug testing. This is a serious health violation. My order # is **.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Nathaniel ** was very helpful and kind. He helped me with everything I needed. He cooks some good food as well. Every time I go to Taco Bell he always welcomes me with a warm smile. He is very respectful.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

You can no longer order a BEEF BURRITO from TACO BELL. You have to order a BEAN BURRITO with no BEAN, For the price of a BEAN BURRITO, then add the beef for an extra cost! Now doesn't that sound like a ripoff. How long did it take them to come up with this scheme? No longer selling the BEEF BURRITO!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Taco bell. 2nd day in a row. This place is a joke. I use to work here. I know how it goes. Yesterday I went through taco bell night time. Ordered a 2 of the new 5 dollar boxes. No tomato on one of the boxes, triple layer nachos no red sauce, and a $1 burrito. Tomatoes of course on one of the boxes. Normal didn't complain. Taco bell had ** up and put tomatoes on my Mexican pizza while I was an employee there. Tonight I went there and ordered one $5 box and a triple layer nacho. For one when ordered I asked for the triple layer nachos the red sauce to be on the side just in a cup and I was CHARGED for a side of red sauce? The hell? It's one push of red sauce. You don't charge a customer for something that is on the item that they want on the side.

At least not when I worked there. You put one pump of red sauce in the container or whatever they're asking on the side that they just don't want on the item. Bam done. Customer satisfied. Anyways I just ended up getting red sauce on my nachos. The $5 box is what I'm enraged about. They gave me a REGULAR FRICKEN CHALUPA. Taco Bell you're crazy. Also my cinnamon twist had I 5 in the bag! I have photos! This time no tomatoes! But they sure as hell enjoyed giving me less of what I paid for and the wrong items. I called. I was asked to bring the food back up there. Not in the ways of being able to do that tonight.

I told the "manager" when she first answered that I did not have a way up there tonight. I was thinking like normal taco bell would say just come in tomorrow and we will replace that for you. When I come to places I expect to get my ** right. Not have to travel back to a place that I used to work at that cant even get my own order right. Also I know you guys have someone fill your twists. Clearly someone isn't doing their job right. Always whoever was in line and gave me a regular CHALUPA. Instead of the double. Congrats. You made your rates go down. I made them go up all the time when I worked there. Haha. Congrats on getting no tomatoes on there though. Thanks for the ** service.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I visited our local Taco Bell in Fairborn, Ohio on East Dayton Yellow Springs Rd. 12-6-18. My two boys, my husband and myself ordered our food and we usually get the same things but this time our order was more than usual. After we got our food (we ate inside) we noticed they charged us for an extra combo meal because we had an extra one. So I went to return and refund and after waiting 15 mins because the cashier was in the back. She was the only female working I believe her name was Danielle. I explained what happened and she grabbed my receipt out of my hand and just walked away.

Her manager came back out and I explained what happened again and he was willing to do the refund but he had to do it out of his own pocket?? He then tried to ask other employees how much money they had so it could be exact change. I couldn't believe it. I told them never mind and kept the extra combo. Is there no way to do a refund through the register?? And the cashier stayed in the back the whole time. Other customers were waiting too.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Following are some experiences I have had at the stores in Tyler, Texas. At one Taco Bell, I took my order back to the counter because it was wrong. I never got it back, and left having paid for a combo meal and not receiving it. Everyone just pretended to ignore me, and since I am not the type to make a scene, I just left. In another store, a woman took my order and refused to give me my total. Just. Flat. Refused. I asked three times. She finally said: "I will give you your total when you give me your name." I gave my name, and she turned and bolted back to the kitchen--without quoting my total.

I was a frequent customer (a professional person) and was always friendly--and this is how I was treated. For excellent service and food every time, go to nearby Burger King--a couple of hundred feet away (where my co-workers and I now go for lunch instead of Taco Bell.) PS: I am a teacher, and a student came into my office Monday and offered the reason for her absence the week before-- she had gotten sick eating at Taco Bell...

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I have ordered 8 items in drive through. Once I reach home, I realized 2 Cheesy Fiesta Potato Bowls missing in the packet. We got only 6 items instead of 8 items ordered. I called in the restaurant (as it is 6 miles away from my home) and requested if they can refund the money for those 2 items. They said they cannot refund the money over the phone. My family and I were so hungry and it was already 9:00 PM by the time I had phone call with the manager (Brian). I had to drive all the way back to the restaurant and requested for the refund of whole order ($14.03) instead of just those 2 items ($2.98).

Manager did not accept my request. Rather he argued with me why he would refund the whole money. I said, "It is your mistake, and because of your mistake, I wasted my gas to drive back and forth (12 miles), my time, and the inconvenience caused to me. As a courtesy, I am requesting you to refund the total amount of the order instead of just missing items." He did not agree to refund back the money, he is rude and argued with me instead. This never happened to me and I am totally dissatisfied with the service he provided. Felt like never go to Taco Bell again.

Taco Bell Company Information