2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.52/5

Pizza Hut Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pizza Hut?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pizza Hut?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I ordered a Pizza to be delivered to my door. The delivery charge was $4. I was with my grandchild. I was told to come down to the lobby. They refused to bring it upstairs. Therefore, I cancelled. Other Pizza companies have their delivery person bring the orders up to my door and I give them tips for bringing the orders up to my door. This is the first time you all refused to deliver my order upstairs. They should have mentioned on their website clearly stating that they do not deliver to the door.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I ordered a large cheese and tomato pizza. I got a medium cheese with a few dices of tomato. Not even crunchy. Not tasty at all for 25.65$!!!! From Pizza Hut Saint-Laurent. On the other hand the pizza hut close to Cote-Vertu station was the best ever and I ordered the same for 12$!!!!

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

This was my first experience with Pizza Hut delivery and it was my worst and would not ever try ordering pizza from pizza hut. I order a pizza an hour ago and it did not reach me and now I am unable to contact pizza hut neither through call nor through any app/website. I was stood up in a party and had to order from somewhere else after an hour. My order number as sent through text was: **. My contact number is:- +**. My E-mail ID is:- **.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Pizza uncooked dough, no cheese, without proper topping. After eating start vomiting. No taste at all we have wasted our money. And we have to through Pizza Hut is a disgusting place and very very bad for health.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

Doesn’t Pizza Hut train how to make pizzas? Ordered two pizzas. Both were very dry. Like eating crackers. Worst pizza I have ever eaten. May not ever order again from Pizza Hut. Ordered pizza from 803 Mason Rd location.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Their P'zone is ALL dough and next to NOTHING in the inside of the P'zone. After paying $30.19 for two P'zones (Canadian and Meat lovers) plus delivery is NOT worth it. Almost ALL of the P'zone is the dough which I would have been better off and would have SAVED my $30.19 and had some toast instead!!!! You have lost our business FOREVER. Returning tomorrow to show you what garbage we got delivered to us on Oct 30/20. We tried to call someone at Customer Service, but there was a high volume of calls and we didn't get through. On your phone prerecorded message it says loaded with ingredients - now that is CRAP cause there is so little ingredients!!!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I went to visit my granddaughter in Grove Oklahoma who is three and she had just had surgery. And we went to our hotel and I ordered pizza from Pizza Hut and had it delivered to our room, the lady hands our pizza and leaves. I open up the pizza box and the pizza literally was like a sandwich. The pizza was on top of the pizza so I called Pizza hut and I told them that I had seven grandchildren and I had just spent $50 on this pizza and it was like a sandwich pizza on pizza so they said, "Okay ma'am what do you want us to do?" I said well I want a new pizza brought to my grandkids so they brought it and had the nerve to ask me to give them that pizza so that they could make sure I was telling the truth and then took the pizza with them. So I will never buy from Pizza hut in Grove Oklahoma again.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I have reached out to Pizza Hut directly via phone, email, and an online survey on their website and no one has gotten back to me. I did receive a "thank you for your feedback" email with a promise someone will contact me but that has yet to happen. I left my complaints on Oct 3rd and 4th. It is now Oct 23rd and nothing has been resolved. Below is the review I left with them. Again, 3 attempts were made with them directly before bringing it here. I am extremely disappointed in Pizza Hut's lack of willingness to get back to me about the issues I encountered.

First with the positive: besides being lukewarm, the order was correct and toppings were plentiful. The negative: I ordered my pizza online at 5:51pm. Estimated delivery time was 45-55 minutes. It didn't arrive until 8:09. I received a text at 7:25 saying it was on the way. At 7:55, when it was still not here, I called the store to make sure everything was OK. I was told the delivery driver was pulling in now. It arrived 9 minutes later. So a total of 2 hours and 18 minutes after ordering, I received my pizza. At that point, I had already made my kids noodles and put them to bed. They were so hungry and sleepy and couldn't wait any longer. I did this despite the fact that pizza delivery is a treat in my house and they were really looking forward to it.

I specifically requested no contact delivery so when the delivery driver knocked on the door, I assumed it was just to let me know the food was here and was expecting to walk out to my food alone. To my surprise, he was standing there holding the food and handed it to me. I understand contactless delivery seems pointless to some because the person already touched the boxes but regardless, I still try to take as much precaution as I can because myself, along with other family members in my household, are high risk. I prefer to tip in cash but tipped on my card solely so I could receive contactless delivery and didn't.

My sister called the store to voice our concerns about the food taking 2 hours to arrive. She politely asked for a manager and was hung up on or either got disconnected. This happened SEVEN TIMES before she was able to get a manager on the phone. Once she explained our situation to the manager, he said even though we ordered at 5:51 the order did not come through on his end until 6:51. Then proceeded to tell her that the internet lagging was not his fault so there was nothing he could do. But my concern is, it wasn't our fault either. As far as what we knew and what your website said, the order went through at 5:51 on my end. So the internet wasn't "lagging" at my house. Regardless, I still understand this was not the manager's fault. However, a little understanding and professionalism would have gone a long way.

Again YOUR website said, order placed at 5:51 and showed that the order DID go through. So if in fact there was a lag, it was NOT on our end and we had no way of knowing. The manager then told my sister that the only thing he could do about the food not being hot was to remake the order but we would need to return the original order in full. We all dug into it the second it came through the door so this wasn't possible. And even if we hadn't already started eating and did take him up on his offer, that would mean it would be at least 3 hours from the time of our original order before we were able to eat. It had already been over 2. So after 8 phone call attempts and a chat with the manager, we were left with our issues being unresolved.

My last issue and most concerning is the total I was given vs what was actually charged to my card. The total I was given online and on the paper receipt that came with the pizza was $53.11, this included the tip. However, THE TOTAL CHARGED TO MY CARD WAS $63.73. I did not authorize more than $53.11 to be charged. I can provide proof of these different totals. I've worked in the food industry for a very long time so I do understand things happen and mistakes are made. For this reason, I never judge a restaurant based on the issues I may have. I judge them on how they handle the issues and if they attempt to correct them.

In this case, no real attempt was made. So to answer the question asked in the survey I was given: what could you do to make me recommend Pizza Hut? My answers are: better training for management on how to handle customer complaints, a look into a possible mishandling of debit card charges, and an attempt to fix the problems I experienced.

I have proof of the things I mentioned above. So if needed, I can provide screenshots of the time my order was placed, the time I received the "order on the way" text, as well as times each of the 9 phone calls were made to the store along with the total time we were on the phone. I also would especially like to provide proof of the overcharge to include my receipt both online and paper, as well as my bank statement. Feel free to contact me at [email address] and I will be happy to email whatever is needed.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

We get wings plain ran through the oven twice...We call to get it done tonight and first they said they don't do that. After putting in my number they saw that they had done it for us before....so now the manager says, "We will do it just this time but we are not suppose to do it..." "So why did y'all do it the first time???" He was very rude....will not order from them again...This was the Edgewood Pizza Hut in Lakeland Fl.. I work customer service 28 years and they need some classes like yesterday...Please give them some classes...Need a new manager asap!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

I haven't ordered from Pizza Hut in a while, saw a promotion on TV and decided to give it a try again, however it may be a long time before I try anything more from Pizza Hut, the sauce is so watered down you can't even taste it on the pizza, we also ordered the breadsticks and it came with it small little container of the water down sauce. It's kind of gross. Pizza Hut you're messing up.

Pizza Hut Company Information