1.56/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

384 Pizza Hut Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I have been ordering pizza for many years here in Tucson AZ at my local pizza hut. I always order extra sauce because they tend to skimp on the sauce. Every time lately when I order my pizza it always is either so so or horrible! This last one I ordered had no sauce at all and the crust was very doughy. Frozen pizzas are better than the pizzas I order from Pizza Hut. They are very inconsistent. I will not be ordering from Pizza Hut again. Now I can understand how they get such bad reviews. If they don't improve I am sure they will not be in business for the long. There is too much competition out there. I am not one to review but this was the worst pizza from Pizza Hut.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Assistant manager ** is a outstanding employee. She is very nice. She is quick with the customer orders and makes sure the rest of the staff is on the same page to make all the customers happy and satisfied carry out are deliveries. Located at the Pizza Hut in 1866 Government Street, Mobile, Alabama.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

2805 Ridge Pike, Norristown PA Location - Unbelievably the worst experience I have EVER had! Provided wrong pizza and raw breadsticks. When the order was picked up by my wife and kids, they had to wait another 20 minutes beyond the stated time for pick-up. I went to the store because they do not answer the phone. Order was placed online. For over 15 minutes no answer... When I arrived phones were ringing and no one was answering them. I hung up and then phones continued to ring. The staff was walking around in a daze and seemed under the influence of something. One staff member who I later learned was the manager was on his cell phone while making food. I asked to speak to the manager. 10 minutes later no one! I asked again.

Rudely, the kid who was on the cell phone said, "You're looking at him." I stated that I needed my order fixed and that now an hour and a half later, my family was sitting at home (8:00pm) waiting for dinner. He told me that in order to help me, I needed to help my self and be a "professional". I reminded him that it was he who needed to fix the issue. He asked me how old I was. When I asked for his name and the store owner's contact information he continued to talk over me and ultimately refused to provide me with my request and also refused to issue a refund. He walked away. I began recording my interactions or lack thereof.

I repeatedly requested for assistance, a refund, his name and owner information. Others in the store said they had been waiting for over an hour. A steady stream of people walked in and out after waiting with no customer service. Eventually, the nameless manager came out and said the police have been called because of my continued "violence". Again, I have this all on video. Fast forward to the police arriving, I stepped outside. This caused more people to not even enter the store. After apologizing to the police for this humiliating experience, I began providing my account and video footage.

I was told this was a civil matter and to contact headquarters. During my discussion with the police, a patron who was inside and witnessed my experience came out and supported my claims. He said, "This guy didn't do anything wrong. He was asking to have his order fixed but they [he] were being very rude to him." The police then met with the nameless manager. Soon after, they told me he was going to issue a refund. I went in and received the refund. Phones were still ringing with no one answering them. I can't imagine the lost revenue. NEVER, NEVER AGAIN!!! ZERO STARS!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Be aware of this Pizza Hut store located at 4432 Curry Ford Orlando Florida. They will charge you whatever amount they want as tips without your permission. Just happened to me this past Saturday. I will not recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I am pizza lover. Trying all brands in my city - Phoenix AZ. Have to admit that Pizza Hut is THE WORST! Besides the taste, the help people are rude, which is rare in Scottsdale and Phoenix areas. Never again. I read other reviews from other states, maybe they are real people, not fakes, but I would not recommend to use Pizza Hut. There are many much better brands.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pizza Hut?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Ordered meatball & mushroom pizza (hand tossed crust). Got home & it was thin crust, burnt mess. Tasted like old cardboard. When they see they burnt it - why would they have the nerve to take my money?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

After reading the negative reviews on this site, I just want to chip in and share a story on how my Pizza Hut experience went. So I was ordering a pizza course for myself, it was around nighttime and there were many customers around me. I made my order and the waitress was very kind to me and double checked each item. My orders came in fast, the food was good and I was satisfied with their customer service. I'm aware that the staff may have changed but I would still recommend dining in at Pizza Hut.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I order 2 large pizzas specifically with extra heavy sauce, and did not receive, so I decided to contact the store where the manager (Billie **) offered me $5 cash back. So I decided to go down to Keaau Pizza Hut, where I spoke with Kirk and the problem was not resolved. I didn’t receive a cash refund or pizzas with extra heavy sauce. And when I went down Kirk ** asked “Why are you complaining, when there is no charge for extra sauce”? Very bad service, and very dry terrible tasting pizza.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I had been utilizing my local Pizza Hut for a while since the scandal with Papa John's, and had been pleased with the pizzas I had ordered. But this last time, I was very disappointed with the quality of my large, stuffed crust, hand tossed pizza. It was not up to the quality of pizzas in the past. It almost tasted like it wasn't fresh. And the toppings were skimpy. I hope this was just an isolated occurrence.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Pizza Hut started charging a service fee in California! Why should I have to pay for service when I'm picking up my own pizza and I'm not even eating inside their facility? So I have to pay extra for them to make my pizza? That's ridiculous! By the time I ordered my pizza... They added tax and then the service fee the pizza cost nearly $10 more and if I wanted delivery it would have been service fee, tax, delivery charge then a tip for the delivery guy. That adds $15-$20 on to the order! I've decided to stop eating Pizza Hut altogether because there are other pizza places that don't do this... Bye Pizza Hut!!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

On 9-8-18 at 12 we went to Pizza Hut, Waterville, Maine for lunch. There was 3 other families in there when we arrived, one family arrived shortly after us and another after that. We ordered salad, breadsticks and personal pizzas. Nothing major, however the salad bar was empty, bottom can be seen of most containers, the breadsticks had more parmesan cheese than the cheese itself, one pan pizza was supposed to be crispy however the other was. Upon getting the breadsticks the waitress brought our bill asking us if we wanted a box, when we had not even gotten our pizza as of yet.

The couple across from us asked for theirs to go as it was so cold in there. Upon finishing up and paying, the cook stared at me and the waitress was in the other side room, finally after a few minutes I asked if I could pay and commented on how terrible the food and service was. I was told to have a good day. I will never go to Waterville Pizza Hut again nor will I recommend anyone to this Pizza Hut.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Ordered Pizza on a Sunday @ 10:15 PM. Waited, and Waited, and Waited. Now it is Midnight 12 AM, Store CLOSED, NO ANSWER, NO PIZZA, CARD CHARGED! WTH? ARE YOU PEOPLE **? Or what? I want my money back ASAP and FREE Pizza for a year! We are Hungry, and P>O>! Corporate office should shut place down! Either that, or start by firing entire staff! Most ridiculous scenario ever!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Pizza was so dry today I returned it. Only sauce baked to exposed crust. No sauce under toppings. Was not always this way. Been ordering from their store 2 blocks away for 18 years. In the past couple of years it seem that they are trying to save money using less and less sauce to require us to pay for extra sauce. Guess I'll look for different place.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I ordered a large thin crust pizza, half with cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms and jalapenos. The other half without cheese with mushrooms and jalapenos only. I ordered it on the phone. He repeated it three times to me. And I also ordered the Pizza Hut crust flavoring. We got the pizza. It was like cardboard, the whole thing has pepperoni on it and no cheese and no crust flavoring. Me being vegan I couldn't eat anything so I had to go to Mod Pizza, which we should have went to in the first place! My poor husband who is a meat eater and eats Dairy had no cheese on his freaking pizza and we just threw it away. It was $20 wasted.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I just wanted to make known that these people make the best pizza I have ever tasted, and I have tasted all the competition, I have done business with them for years and have always been a big fan, it is nice to have a stable company that makes a great product I like and that comes thru for you every time, and I am also glad that they are now the official pizza company for the NFL, among other good news I heard about this company, guess who I will be ordering a pizza from at the time of the Superbowl before kickoff? If you said "PIZZA HUT"... You guessed it!

Original review: June 20, 2018

Manager on duty would not honor online order coupon, and shook his head and made sarcastic, rude comments during conversation. Very unprofessional, will never go back to that Pizza Hut in Rock Hill. And my family eats pizza at least once a week so losing a very loyal customer!

Original review: June 17, 2018

Quit trying to please everyone. "BACK IN THE DAY" Pizza Hut came on strong...going for the 'Pepsi" generation. Lately they act like they were bought out by Disney...only interested in 'Families'. Well guess what...you're closing store all over now aren't you??? What happened to "ANCHOVIES"??? What happened to 'hustling' the customer making them feel wanted and important instead of 'What do YOU want'? Remember when you could get a BEER with your meal?

Original review: May 4, 2018

They hired teenagers to get St. Clair Pizza Hut running. Started out good til they hired Barb. Then everything went downhill fast. They stopped giving teenagers hours so they would quit. Then treating hourly employees so horrible they were leaving in tears because of management mistakes that they are trying to blame on employees. Horrible. They also force employees to purchase drinks while they work not providing anything to drink for free. Disturbing that the one good manager up there thought it was wrong and purchased waters for his employees out if his own pocket. Meanwhile the manager Barb eats their food in front of employees and doesn't pay. This place disturbs me!!!!

Original review: April 27, 2018

I was a regular at my local Pizza Hut, at the time of my last order I had 12 orders placed within 30 days, that's 3 orders per week! I also had more than enough points for free pizza. Long story short (sort of lol) I ordered, found a hair under a slice of pizza as I lifted it up and immediately called to let them know of the issue. The lady that answered stated she needed to speak to the manager, I could hear him in the background yelling and cursing about my situation. Told the lady to tell me If I wanted another pizza sent I would need to return the pizza with the hair on it, but there was no way I would take another pizza from them, I don't think anyone else would either after hearing the manager's level of professionalism, or lack thereof.

I requested my money back, he continued to yell over the lady to the point she had to tell him (in an annoyed voice) she couldn't hear me speak. He told her to ask me how much I paid for the pizza (the exact amount as I had used a coupon and ordered wings on the side). I told her the delivery guy kept receipt, but not to worry at this point I did not want a refund either just to get this manager’s name as I was planning on reporting his terrible behavior. She apologized and gave me his name (I could tell she was terribly embarrassed, I hope she gets paid enough). I sent a complaint to the main website, received an email stating I would hear back from higher up of this restaurant within 3 days. 9 days later, nothing.

I called the 800 number and they escalated the issue. I am to wait another 3 days, but 10 days later, I do not think I will ever hear back from anyone regarding this terrible experience. A simple apology would have been appreciated, I am not requesting a refund, but even that is apparently too much to ask for. There is a plus to this whole situation, I am now a little bit richer at the end of each week as I am no longer ordering from Pizza Hut. My wallet is thanking me!

Original review: April 26, 2018

Dining in at your store in Southgate, MI and was told I could not have the wifi password. It's 2018 and almost all restaurants have free wifi, I would think a big chain like Pizza Hut would too! Very disappointing!!

Original review: April 21, 2018

April 20 2018 I placed an order online for delivery. The delivery person made the delivery but it was incomplete; I didn't realize it until a few minutes later. I called the Pizza Hut on Hopkins Avenue, but the person on the phone put me on hold and never got back with me. I called again and the person on the phone said I had to be put on hold because they were busy with customers, although the reason the person answered my call was to possibly take a new order. I've tried calling again and again but I can't get through. A few days ago I had a very similar situation with the same Pizza Hut. I actually had to drive to the store to get my order corrected. I am LIVID, and I won't do business with these thugs anymore. They should be ashamed of themselves for how they conduct business, but I guess it's the American way. I'll continue to find opportunities to tell people about their self-serving, rip-off practices. I'll never do business with them again.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Pizza Hut took the container used to keep the marinara for the breadsticks warm. So now they have to serve cold sauce. There is only ever one waitress leaving customers to suffer. The buffet has been going downhill as well.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I order Pizza Hut this afternoon. As always 3 pizzas and wings on the side and 4 ranch for dipping. My order arrived an hour and half later which is pretty normal for Pizza Hut. My ranch dippings were missing. As always no ranch once again so I ask the delivery guy, if he has checked the receipt before leaving the store. He might of notice that there was a charge for 4 Ranch dippings and it wasn't there for you to deliver the complete order. He just mumbled and then said "I just grab the orders and deliver. I don't know". At that point I was fed up with so many ranch charges for years and never got my money back so, I call the store to complain about it and they put me on hold.

I waited for more than 15 minutes so I hung up and call again and this time before the person who answered put me on hold. I proceed to talk and said to him "I had been waiting on the phone for over 15 minutes" and I continued to say "I've had always order pizza and wings with ranch from your store and I have never actually had one with my wings simply because you guys never delivered with my order and even when I call and get the promise that you will deliver it to me still nothing".

He was quiet for a moment then he reply with a "ok. He is on his way with the ranch" so, I hung up and waited for two hours and nothing so, I call one more time and ask the guy where was my ranch and he said that he was waiting to get more orders to send the guy with my ranch. So I told the guy that I just wanted my money back. He said that in order to get my money back I had to go to the store and sign the receipt. Ouch!! Never ever again I am buying from Pizza Hut, I had enough already with them stealing my money.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Attempted to order 2 medium 2 topping pizzas for $5.99 each to be delivered. Included in price per coupon. Cheese not included as topping when just ordering extra cheese so $1 more. Pan crust also not included so $1 extra per pizza. $3.50 delivery charge not given to delivery driver. Not any part per manager. Not sure what this fee covers. Before it was over, our two 5.99 pizzas cost us almost $20 plus a tip. Decided to order local instead. Pizza Hut a chain with poor customer and employee service.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I grew up on Pizza Hut pizza and am so sad how their quality has gone downhill in the last year or so. We ordered a stuffed-crust pizza with pepperoni and green peppers from the Claflin Street location tonight and the pepperoni and peppers were over cooked and stiff. Very little sauce and cheese. In fact some slices had no sauce or cheese. Never thought I would some day no longer patronize my local Pizza Hut. P.S. We did not receive a receipt.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Stopped in Pizza Hut on the way home from work. Ordered two lasagna dinners with garlic bread to go. Twenty min. later guy brings my order up and there is no garlic bread. Another ten min he comes back and says, "Here ya go" and there is two little slices of bread in a box. I say, "Fine". I gotta go. I get home, open the "Lasagna" and it's scroodles (the corkscrew shaped pasta) with sauce and cheese on top. So I called them back and they said, "That's the meaty marinara that you ordered." When I explained the difference between lasagna noodles and scroodles they said "meaty marinara is what we call it." That's fine and dandy. Just tell me that you have changed the name and ingredients on a common dish before I waste my time and money. I ate mine because I was starving. My wife threw hers in the garbage.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Pizza Hut Longview, Tx - When I ordered I expressed I wanted extra Parmesan, the driver arrived with no Parmesan but run back to truck and found 3, no complaints on driver! The Alfredo sauce was runny and there wasn’t even any lids on pasta to keep warm! Very little chicken as well! By far the worst I ever got!

Original review: March 11, 2018

My stepson tried to order pizza on Friday, March 10 at the Pizza Hut on Harrison Blvd. in So. Ogden. They said it would be an hour wait, and when he told the guy on the other end of the phone he had a coupon, the person on the phone said, "Oh that coupon is for online only". So my stepson went to Pizza Hut online and could not find the deal he had on his coupon. So he asked for my help.

When I called, Brayden answered the phone, it was now a 2 hour wait. I told him I had a coupon for the 2 med pizzas up to 3 toppings each, 5 breadsticks and a choc. chip cookie. He said, "we didn't have that coupon, but we do have a special for 30.00 that you don't need a coupon, it's a 2 lg. pizzas, 3 toppings, breadsticks, and I will use my employee discount on the cookie so you won't be charged that much. " GEEEE... Thanks, Brayden. BUT I DIDN'T WANT THAT ORDER, I WANTED THE 22.99 DEAL! So when you order Pizza Hut, don't mind using your coupons cause Brayden will not honor your coupon but come up with some other special that will cost you more. I AM MAD! My stepson can waste his money at Pizza Hut, but I won't! Oh, by the way, it only took 30 min, give or take. No 2 hours.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Ordered a pizza at 7:09 p.m. It is 8:51 and we still do not have a pizza. I called... Person on the phone was rude and could care less. We usually order from Domino's or Papa John's -- I will NEVER order from Pizza Hut again! I hope these pizzas are amazing when we get them, unfortunately, probably not.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

DO NOT ORDER PIZZA FROM PIZZA HUT. I ordered a Chicken Bacon Alfredo pizza and bit into a bone. It was sharp and hard!!! I called Pizza Hut immediately and they said they could exchange it for a new one. Uhhhh NO. I will never order from Pizza Hut ever again. Luckily it was me eating it and not one of my children!

Pizza Hut Company Information