1.30/5
Based on 50 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

370 Pizza Hut Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 14, 2018

I just wanted to make known that these people make the best pizza I have ever tasted, and I have tasted all the competition, I have done business with them for years and have always been a big fan, it is nice to have a stable company that makes a great product I like and that comes thru for you every time, and I am also glad that they are now the official pizza company for the NFL, among other good news I heard about this company, guess who I will be ordering a pizza from at the time of the Superbowl before kickoff? If you said "PIZZA HUT"... You guessed it!

Original review: June 20, 2018

Manager on duty would not honor online order coupon, and shook his head and made sarcastic, rude comments during conversation. Very unprofessional, will never go back to that Pizza Hut in Rock Hill. And my family eats pizza at least once a week so losing a very loyal customer!

Pizza Hut 370 Reviews (with Ratings) | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 17, 2018

Quit trying to please everyone. "BACK IN THE DAY" Pizza Hut came on strong...going for the 'Pepsi" generation. Lately they act like they were bought out by Disney...only interested in 'Families'. Well guess what...you're closing store all over now aren't you??? What happened to "ANCHOVIES"??? What happened to 'hustling' the customer making them feel wanted and important instead of 'What do YOU want'? Remember when you could get a BEER with your meal?

Original review: May 4, 2018

They hired teenagers to get St. Clair Pizza Hut running. Started out good til they hired Barb. Then everything went downhill fast. They stopped giving teenagers hours so they would quit. Then treating hourly employees so horrible they were leaving in tears because of management mistakes that they are trying to blame on employees. Horrible. They also force employees to purchase drinks while they work not providing anything to drink for free. Disturbing that the one good manager up there thought it was wrong and purchased waters for his employees out if his own pocket. Meanwhile the manager Barb eats their food in front of employees and doesn't pay. This place disturbs me!!!!

Original review: April 27, 2018

I was a regular at my local Pizza Hut, at the time of my last order I had 12 orders placed within 30 days, that's 3 orders per week! I also had more than enough points for free pizza. Long story short (sort of lol) I ordered, found a hair under a slice of pizza as I lifted it up and immediately called to let them know of the issue. The lady that answered stated she needed to speak to the manager, I could hear him in the background yelling and cursing about my situation. Told the lady to tell me If I wanted another pizza sent I would need to return the pizza with the hair on it, but there was no way I would take another pizza from them, I don't think anyone else would either after hearing the manager's level of professionalism, or lack thereof.

I requested my money back, he continued to yell over the lady to the point she had to tell him (in an annoyed voice) she couldn't hear me speak. He told her to ask me how much I paid for the pizza (the exact amount as I had used a coupon and ordered wings on the side). I told her the delivery guy kept receipt, but not to worry at this point I did not want a refund either just to get this manager’s name as I was planning on reporting his terrible behavior. She apologized and gave me his name (I could tell she was terribly embarrassed, I hope she gets paid enough). I sent a complaint to the main website, received an email stating I would hear back from higher up of this restaurant within 3 days. 9 days later, nothing.

I called the 800 number and they escalated the issue. I am to wait another 3 days, but 10 days later, I do not think I will ever hear back from anyone regarding this terrible experience. A simple apology would have been appreciated, I am not requesting a refund, but even that is apparently too much to ask for. There is a plus to this whole situation, I am now a little bit richer at the end of each week as I am no longer ordering from Pizza Hut. My wallet is thanking me!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pizza Hut?

Original review: April 26, 2018

Dining in at your store in Southgate, MI and was told I could not have the wifi password. It's 2018 and almost all restaurants have free wifi, I would think a big chain like Pizza Hut would too! Very disappointing!!

Original review: April 21, 2018

April 20 2018 I placed an order online for delivery. The delivery person made the delivery but it was incomplete; I didn't realize it until a few minutes later. I called the Pizza Hut on Hopkins Avenue, but the person on the phone put me on hold and never got back with me. I called again and the person on the phone said I had to be put on hold because they were busy with customers, although the reason the person answered my call was to possibly take a new order. I've tried calling again and again but I can't get through. A few days ago I had a very similar situation with the same Pizza Hut. I actually had to drive to the store to get my order corrected. I am LIVID, and I won't do business with these thugs anymore. They should be ashamed of themselves for how they conduct business, but I guess it's the American way. I'll continue to find opportunities to tell people about their self-serving, rip-off practices. I'll never do business with them again.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Pizza Hut took the container used to keep the marinara for the breadsticks warm. So now they have to serve cold sauce. There is only ever one waitress leaving customers to suffer. The buffet has been going downhill as well.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I order Pizza Hut this afternoon. As always 3 pizzas and wings on the side and 4 ranch for dipping. My order arrived an hour and half later which is pretty normal for Pizza Hut. My ranch dippings were missing. As always no ranch once again so I ask the delivery guy, if he has checked the receipt before leaving the store. He might of notice that there was a charge for 4 Ranch dippings and it wasn't there for you to deliver the complete order. He just mumbled and then said "I just grab the orders and deliver. I don't know". At that point I was fed up with so many ranch charges for years and never got my money back so, I call the store to complain about it and they put me on hold.

I waited for more than 15 minutes so I hung up and call again and this time before the person who answered put me on hold. I proceed to talk and said to him "I had been waiting on the phone for over 15 minutes" and I continued to say "I've had always order pizza and wings with ranch from your store and I have never actually had one with my wings simply because you guys never delivered with my order and even when I call and get the promise that you will deliver it to me still nothing".

He was quiet for a moment then he reply with a "ok. He is on his way with the ranch" so, I hung up and waited for two hours and nothing so, I call one more time and ask the guy where was my ranch and he said that he was waiting to get more orders to send the guy with my ranch. So I told the guy that I just wanted my money back. He said that in order to get my money back I had to go to the store and sign the receipt. Ouch!! Never ever again I am buying from Pizza Hut, I had enough already with them stealing my money.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Attempted to order 2 medium 2 topping pizzas for $5.99 each to be delivered. Included in price per coupon. Cheese not included as topping when just ordering extra cheese so $1 more. Pan crust also not included so $1 extra per pizza. $3.50 delivery charge not given to delivery driver. Not any part per manager. Not sure what this fee covers. Before it was over, our two 5.99 pizzas cost us almost $20 plus a tip. Decided to order local instead. Pizza Hut a chain with poor customer and employee service.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I grew up on Pizza Hut pizza and am so sad how their quality has gone downhill in the last year or so. We ordered a stuffed-crust pizza with pepperoni and green peppers from the Claflin Street location tonight and the pepperoni and peppers were over cooked and stiff. Very little sauce and cheese. In fact some slices had no sauce or cheese. Never thought I would some day no longer patronize my local Pizza Hut. P.S. We did not receive a receipt.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Stopped in Pizza Hut on the way home from work. Ordered two lasagna dinners with garlic bread to go. Twenty min. later guy brings my order up and there is no garlic bread. Another ten min he comes back and says, "Here ya go" and there is two little slices of bread in a box. I say, "Fine". I gotta go. I get home, open the "Lasagna" and it's scroodles (the corkscrew shaped pasta) with sauce and cheese on top. So I called them back and they said, "That's the meaty marinara that you ordered." When I explained the difference between lasagna noodles and scroodles they said "meaty marinara is what we call it." That's fine and dandy. Just tell me that you have changed the name and ingredients on a common dish before I waste my time and money. I ate mine because I was starving. My wife threw hers in the garbage.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Pizza Hut Longview, Tx - When I ordered I expressed I wanted extra Parmesan, the driver arrived with no Parmesan but run back to truck and found 3, no complaints on driver! The Alfredo sauce was runny and there wasn’t even any lids on pasta to keep warm! Very little chicken as well! By far the worst I ever got!

Original review: March 11, 2018

My stepson tried to order pizza on Friday, March 10 at the Pizza Hut on Harrison Blvd. in So. Ogden. They said it would be an hour wait, and when he told the guy on the other end of the phone he had a coupon, the person on the phone said, "Oh that coupon is for online only". So my stepson went to Pizza Hut online and could not find the deal he had on his coupon. So he asked for my help.

When I called, Brayden answered the phone, it was now a 2 hour wait. I told him I had a coupon for the 2 med pizzas up to 3 toppings each, 5 breadsticks and a choc. chip cookie. He said, "we didn't have that coupon, but we do have a special for 30.00 that you don't need a coupon, it's a 2 lg. pizzas, 3 toppings, breadsticks, and I will use my employee discount on the cookie so you won't be charged that much. " GEEEE... Thanks, Brayden. BUT I DIDN'T WANT THAT ORDER, I WANTED THE 22.99 DEAL! So when you order Pizza Hut, don't mind using your coupons cause Brayden will not honor your coupon but come up with some other special that will cost you more. I AM MAD! My stepson can waste his money at Pizza Hut, but I won't! Oh, by the way, it only took 30 min, give or take. No 2 hours.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Ordered a pizza at 7:09 p.m. It is 8:51 and we still do not have a pizza. I called... Person on the phone was rude and could care less. We usually order from Domino's or Papa John's -- I will NEVER order from Pizza Hut again! I hope these pizzas are amazing when we get them, unfortunately, probably not.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

DO NOT ORDER PIZZA FROM PIZZA HUT. I ordered a Chicken Bacon Alfredo pizza and bit into a bone. It was sharp and hard!!! I called Pizza Hut immediately and they said they could exchange it for a new one. Uhhhh NO. I will never order from Pizza Hut ever again. Luckily it was me eating it and not one of my children!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I ordered for a medium sized pizza which was very hopeless. I never recommend Pizza Hut to anyone. Never buy here. Even Domino's is much better than this. Pizza was not at all cooked. Sauce was very poor in taste.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Ordered a medium pizza with double pepperoni, onion, sausage, salami and mushroom on half. When it was delivered, Most of the pizza had no cheese or sauce and very little meat! Called to speak with the manager 5 times before someone finally picked up the phone but the manager was on a break and he never called me back. The person who answered said they would issue a credit for my next delivery since they had no available drivers (as if I'm going to order again). They finally sent another pizza 65 minutes later and they wanted the original pizza back! The second pizza had more meat but the dough was undercooked... My husband called the next day but again the manager never called back. This Pizza Hut needs new management and staff that know how to make a pizza. They seem to have an I don't care attitude. I am done with Pizza Hut.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

The pizza was 25 minutes late. The worst pizza I have ever tasted. We try not to order from this place because your lucky if 1 out 5 are even good and still hot when you get it, I think this is it for me. It's just too much risk. What a waste of money.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

We go to the Pizza Hut in Holiday Center Plaza in Monroeville. You had a manager there named Lila and the staff she had there was amazing and always made your order correct. She chose to leave because of how she was treated. Worst mistake you let happen. We do not go often to the shop because it is not always clean nor are the employees. They yell at each other, sit and ignore the customers, give you the wrong order and will not make your order the way it is asked. We was given a discount and they are rude and will barely do it and when you ask they say, "Sorry order has been rung already" when you asked and mentioned it several times. We the customer are a inconvience to them. I am choosing not to order from them because of the service and the attitudes of the employees working there. They sit on their phones or computers. You let a great person go due to not wanting to give a pay increase and now you have a terrible team.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

The Pizza Hut at 728 Gary St. in San Francisco is the worse store ever. I get pizza there about 10 times a year (I really do). Almost every time there is some kind of drama. I have order a pizza that is to arrived in 45 mins and it comes 2 hours later, I have order a pizza that is to come in 90 mins and after 3 hours I call and am told, that they don't have any drivers. I have tried to order the deals on TV but am told "this location does not have that deal". I have talked to the District Manager (who is a sweetheart). She has been very helpful.

But last night was a new problem. I order my pizza and it came to $19.99. So far so good, But then I see a $5.99 delivery Charge. WTF. $6.00? Now remember that does not go to the driver, I also have sales tax, a 4.75% SF fee? (ok, whatever) and now my pizza is $29.12 or should I say "it just went up 30%. Plus I still tip the driver $4.00. Can someone please tell me why there is a $5.99 delivery fee? I am done with this Pizza Hut. I wish we had Straw Hat out here, but we don't.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

My Family and I love Pizza Hut! But since they took off the $7.99 Pair-Deal Coupon we can no longer order from this company. The reason is that we do not eat any meat & dairy. So we were very appreciative that they offered any veggie toppings on the choice of crust. It's unfortunate and will have to order Domino's Pizza on our busy and hectic nights.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I waited for my small personal pizza, my drink, and hot wings patiently. When I got them I was so happy but then I opened the pizza box and it looked unpleasing. It looked sloppy and rushed by the way they cut the pizza and how it was out of place, not only that, the pizza was stone cold. After me waiting patiently 55 minutes to receive my food and beverage, I was just so disappointed and not happy with it at all. If I can describe my experience with two words it would be, UTTERLY SAD.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

At around 8:15-830ish on 1/7/18 I ordered online from your Franklin Avenue store in Gretna LA. I ordered cheese knots, veggie pizza added pepperoni, extra cheese, pineapple and banana peppers all of which is an extra charge and the chocolate chip cookie. I waited over an hour for my order. Originally when I opened the 1st box and saw wings I thought I got the wrong order or someone else got my knots and I got their wings. I called the store spoke to a young man who said he was the manager. He said they ran out of knots so he gave me wings (I don't like wings. I didn't order wings.). I now notice my pizza is wrong and I tell the manager who says he made the pizza meaning basically it can't be Wrong. Looks up my order and then realizes I did not get all the extras I paid for, tells me it will be remade and delivered along with cheese sticks since supposedly the store has no cheese knots and apologizes.

I ask if when the delivery guy comes back, do I just give him the wrong pizza and wings back? I was told no don't worry about it they don't want it back. (I was by no means looking for a free pizza. I wanted what I ordered and paid for.) I now wait again over an hour. I'm starving. I worked all day. I was really looking forward to my pizza. Guess what? Never came? Even funnier it is now 11 pm and the store is closed. Bottom line the employee lied to me. He never intended to correct their mistake and bring me my order. Unfortunately I paid cash, even tipped the driver $5.00. If I had used my bank card, I sure would have cancelled my payment. Now it gets even better, the pizza was not cooked all the way through and the cookie was overcooked and hard.

You had a Pizza Hut in Gretna years ago that closed down. They also had horrible customer service and 9 out of 10 times screwed up your order. I stopped ordering from them long before they closed. If this is how this store is going to conduct business they will follow in the other store's footsteps and close down. Best part this was my first time ordering from this store since it opened. Gave me a great first impression. I also sent an email to the contact Pizza Hut email provided on the website. I am still waiting for a response from them, seems it doesn't matter to whoever got and read the email. In looking up the corporate email address I came across a ton of similar complaints from consumers. Does no one care how Pizza Hut customers are treated? That customers can't get what they pay for? Don't you have some protocol, rules, regulations for your franchises? If you don't, you should. If you do then start using them.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Dunnellon Fl Store - I ordered 2 pizzas. One with chicken, spinach and mushrooms. One with pepperoni. It was the 2 medium 2 topping pizzas for $7.99. I was paying extra for the mushrooms on the chicken pizza... They call to tell me they are out of chicken. That was ok. I substituted beef. I finally get the pizzas and the spinach crust is not only still raw and doughy, but they literally left off the sauce. NO SAUCE at all. Just slimy dough, cheese and the rest... It was nasty. Then to my horror, the other pizza... Which my grandchildren were eating because they were hungry (I didn't get to that one in time. But I snagged a piece to send back.) had almost NO CHEESE. There was little sauce and barely any cheese.

I called to talk to management and was told I had to send back entire (or pretty close) pizza and for that they would give me another one. How friggen absurd... I spend hundreds per month at Pizza Hut. (There are 11 people in my home and we have pizza at least once per week with a bill of nearly and at times over $75.00). Plus members order for themselves at times. I felt and still do that I should be compensated for the trouble.

Now my grandchildren don't want pizza hut anymore because of an online rumor that they spit on re-orders because the cook had to do a remake. I understand nobody is perfect... But they should have not only replaced my pizza, but given me a voucher for another day as well. I sent a slice of the no cheese pizza back with the delivery guy. He saw there was almost no cheese on the few slices left. I have heard nothing from Pizza Hut about that. They need better management... People who care about the customer and their service.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I placed my order before 12:00 pm to be picked up @2:30. My order was not ready when I arrived at 2:30. The manager was not accommodating at all. Instead she made excuses, when my order was finally ready she sent another employee out. He made excuses as well. I never got an apology. I will not patronize the Pizza Hut at 309 Jonesboro rd again.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I decided to order pizza from Pizza Hut on two different occasions. The first time I ordered I called the store 5 times without an answer which I thought was strange. On the 6th attempt my call was answered only to be hung up on! The person who answered said her name was Jen so when I called back a girl Amy answered after the phone rang for twenty times! I wanted my pizza to be delivered so over an hour later a female with track marks on her arms came to my front door with my pizza!!! She did not get a tip needless to say. When I got the pizza inside I opened the pizza box to find that the pizza was cold and the wrong order! I ordered a pepperoni pizza not sausage and onion. The kids were hungry so it got eaten but not after finding a long blond hair in the second to last piece of pizza! I will never order from there again!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Ordered two large, pan pizzas for birthday guests. One Meat Lovers, the other a Veggie. Meat Lovers was so salty and the meat tasted questionable to some of my guests, including my husband. I found, maybe 7 pieces of spinach (I had requested more), maybe 6 pieces of Roma tomatoes and a few pieces of Bermuda onion. The manager called after I complained to the corporate office. He said he would credit my phone number for the next time I ordered. I told him I believed in integrity and would never order another Pizza Hut pizza. While he was trying to call through, I was on the phone with China Express (their food is wonderful) since it was our "Date Night."

I informed Don that that's who I was on the phone with when he called. I told him since I was never going to eat another pizza from Pizza Hut, how could he credit my phone number. I said we still had the pizzas in our refrigerator- he told me I did not need to return them- surprise- I figured they would try to pass it off to someone else. But, he said, "So, you want a refund." I told him, "Yes, you can credit my card." He said, " I'll see what I can do." I don't expect much of any refund but they can sit on that credit to my phone until HELL freezes over- much like the pizzas we received. Since we live less than 6 miles from their store, I figured their driver was out smoking a fat one and that's why he was late also. I will never recommend them and will never order their stinking pizzas again. China Express is my choice of quality food.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Basically I ordered two large pizzas, while on the phone I was hung up on (which in reality I didn't care). So I go to pick up the pizzas and the front of the store completely empty, no one there to greet, so I wait 5 minutes or so until someone comes out the back; I proceed to pay and I leave. I just got out of work so I'm exhausted! I get home and the pizza that was for my kids is completely wrong!! I ordered a large stuff crust pizza w/ extra cheese and chicken, and I get a stuff crust with nothing but sauce, it was literally rock hard... I'm not even exaggerating! I call and they tell me I have to go pick it up because it will take 1 hour if they deliver it to me... Are you serious!!! Last time I order from a place that can't even make it right! SMH.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I live in Columbus, OH and order a pizza from my local Pizza Hut. It arrived two hours later totally wrong. I called and explained to the manager who was the rudest man I've ever spoken to. Told me he'd try to get another pizza out to me later and that he'd take the old one back. An hour and a half later the second delivery was made. The driver took back the three hour old pizza and gave me what can only be described as an utter mess. All of the sauce and toppings had slid down to one side of the box as it was obviously carried on its side. Angry, I sent an email to pizzahut.com and received an email apologizing and giving me a free pizza. I was extremely hesitant to use the coupon or place any order at that store (coupon was only valid at THAT store.)

Fast forward two and a half month later I place a call and after struggling to explain the coupon to the woman on the phone I attempt to order a pizza. I asked for alfredo [white] sauce to which she seemed utterly confused unsure if that was even something they carried. Once that was resolved she typed away and stated that she can't accept the coupon over the phone it's online only (no it isn't.). I oblige and place on order online; obviously there's no "free coupon for terrible service" button. I place another call. I explain to the first woman who then transfers me to two other women all of whom needed an entire synopsis of the situation and me to restate my name and order.

I will NEVER be returning to this or any other Pizza Hut. Growing up I loved Pizza Hut, stuffed crust pepperoni with friends on weekends was amazing. Now they are a pitiful joke with some of the worst most inept employees on the food industry. I've literally never written a review about a place online. I've never complained to a manager before this experience, I'm a pretty easy going guy. Somehow these employees were able to get so under my skin and really just grind my gears. Whatever you do don't ever order from the Pizza Hut on E. Main in Bexley Ohio. It will ruin your day.

Pizza Hut Company Information