1.87/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

412 Pizza Hut Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

We went for a early lunch with our grandkids, we arrived at 11:45 am and were the first people in the restaurant. While the cashier seated us our server brought menus and assisted with specials. All was good up until that point, then The restaurant quickly started filling up and the server looked overwhelmed. We ordered our food and drinks at 12, we received our drinks at 12:15. None of our appetizers came, at 12:30 I asked where they were and he just replied that they were coming, mind you we were the first ones there and ordered first yet people who came in after are now munching on salads and breadsticks.

Finally 1 pm rolls around and he throws 2 pizzas on the table, then breadsticks as well as packaged sauce for those. Hmmm I’m not sure about this place as every Pizza Hut I’ve ever went to offers warm marinara sauce and Butter garlic sauce upon request. So now we are eating because we are starving and we had to ask three more times for our boneless wings. Thank God the sofa fountain was near us so we could refill our own drinks. All while this one server was trying his best the cashier stood arguing with a customer who left her Nintendo Switch there the day before and the Cashier tells her they put it next to her tip cup and now it’s gone. So who’s to blame there??? The lady is causing a scene and I had to get a box and box up my horrible food to leave as my children were getting scared. All this next to Fun Spot, and it was not my idea of Fun!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

The pizza dough was undercooked and very dry. Took the pizza back to the manager but she refused to give any credit for it. So we left the pizza at the counter. The manager could care less. Only in Miami!!!

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

It is our family ritual to order pizza on the weekends. We redeemed our Hut Reward points to receive a free pizza and I decided to purchase honey bar-b-que wings for dinner. We've always ordered pizza from our local neighborhood pizza hut and never had problems in the past until this evening. We placed our order at 6:18 and understood the delivery to be close to an hour as per the app tracking. After an hour, I made a call at 7:07 to get an estimated time of our order after noticing the app was not giving updated tracking info on our order.

After talking to the what sounded like a call center (and not the local pizza hut establishment), the representative stated the driver had left the store and should reach my residence momentarily. The pizza was not delivered until 730pm at which the driver when he arrived, was quite rude. To add insult to injury, the pizza was cold and the chicken wings were over-cooked. I called Pizza Hut immediately only to be welcomed again with poor customer service. The young lady appeared annoyed from my complaint in which I then asked to speak to the manager. The manager was not helpful. Pizza Hut wanted to give me a credit for my next visit, however I declined and requested for a full refund to included the tip given for the order.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have been ordering from Pizza Hut for a while. This is the second back to back late delivery within maybe a month or so. I placed one this morning for 12:45 pm and it is now 1:20 and still no pizza. When I called to question why it was late I was told by a nice young woman, who was very apologetic, that they only had one delivery driver. If your manager knew this the order was placed, he should have told me and I could have ordered from another company. He did say (from the background) that he could only give me $10 off of my order. I don't blame the drivers because it is not fault. I would say the manager is to blame and highly recommend he taking another training class.

Mannerism was not professional either. This is not the first time we (Virginia Commonwealth University) have had problems with this particular Pizza Hut (2343 W Broad St, Richmond, VA 23220). I would not recommend using them. Delivery driver delivers pizza. I asked him to remind manager of the $10 discount. He said it's on your ticket. Once I looked at the ticket, it is the same dollar amount I was quoted earlier 38.71, which does show a $10 which it is not. I wrote down the amount as quoted by Richard, so he actually owes us another $10. Pitiful. Who hires these folks??? My business will be placed elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Ordered 7 pizzas. I couldn’t even taste the BBQ sauce on the BBQ chicken which maybe only had 1-2 tiny pieces of chicken on each slice, if that. The ham and Hawaiian didn’t even have a piece of pineapple on each piece and very little ham. The pepperonis and sausage pizzas had enough toppings I guess but lacking in taste.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pizza Hut?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

After placing a take away order, we opted to taste a bit of it on the spot which was served to us. We had to ask for everything viz., Ketchup, Mustard Sauce, Paper Napkin etc. After consuming a bit, we requested to pack the balance buy they simply refused stating that they will garbage it but won't allow us to take home.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Service was good ordered, ordered on-line. Was there in less than 45 mins. Everything was nice & hot. However, pizza may not have been cooked enough, very doughy, and soggy with little to no sauce & way too much cheese to the point of gagging on it. Sauce is too sweet for my taste as are the boneless 'Hot' wings, no taste, dry & bland. Will never eat this terrible pizza again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I love the pizza; however, I have had several bad experiences ordering pizza at multiple locations and actually never receiving the pizza. Today I ordered pizza for my team, who were in a licensing class. The order was confirmed at 12:14. It is 2:47 and they still have yet to receive lunch. I can't get the store to answer. Customer service can't contact the store. This is such poor service!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

It was very quick and simple to order and the people there were nice and friendly. The food was good even for my mom. The pizza I got was nice and fresh and tasted heavenly after a long day of work. I would get pizza from there again.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

The service is great and the food is always fresh. The prices are very good. There is a lot of options for food on the buffet. Inside is very clean and nice in inside. Also the staff are great at this place. Would recommend this place.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Every time I order take out from this place I have a hard time. And tonight I ordered one as a gift for someone in another local town and I was transferred OUT OF STATE!! And then they wouldn't accept the order because the order was over $30 and I had to be there with a ID to prove who it was. Seriously, my last time dealing with them. There are too many other good pizza chains where I don't have to put up with this BS.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I’ve dealt with slow delivery from here for years, but today was the last straw. A pepperoni pizza was supposed to take 45 minutes to arrive. I live 5-10 minutes away from them. A $2 delivery charge. After an hour, I called and the manager wouldn’t get on the phone making an innocent waitress deal with the situation. The delivery man said the pizza would probably be cold, no receipt, and it was thin crust, hard and inedible. Never again!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Long ago Pizza Hut was terrible then they became good. They have gone back to being terrible. Pizza was supposed to be hand tossed - was thick like it was over proofed. It was more like sauce on a piece of sandwich bread. No chew to it at all. In my opinion it was undercooked also. Was supposed to have pineapple and it wasn't there. This is the second and last time I will get pizza like this from them. I will not be ordering ever again. I thought the first time was a fluke. Normally it was great in the past. Last time I threw the pizza away. This time no one in the family ate more than half a piece... I hate to throw it away. Such a waste of money.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

This was the second and last time we will ever order from Pizza Hut. The pan crust was dry and more like hand tossed. Our pizza had no sauce at all. We ordered breadsticks, dry almost like they had been sitting for days and they came with no sauce. Very unsatisfactory!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I made an order from Pizza Hut for $31. When I checked my credit card few days later, I found that they charged my credit card $46. I called the location from which the order came and was told to call back within few day because the manager is not available. I called Pizza Hut customer service and spend long time to get someone to explain the issue, the person who responded gave me a case number and told me I will be refunded within 3 days to my credit card. One month is gone and I still did not receive this refund. I use to buy from them but did not checked every time if they charged the exact amount or overcharged. I'm not sure if they do this often to other people. I will not buy from Pizza Hut anymore.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

This was by far the worst experience EVER at a Pizza Hut. Came in at 8:50! NOBODY in the whole place yet - 45 min here we still sit with NO pizza. 1 family comes in after us and gets drinks order taken AND their food before they even take our order. Kids just got done a basketball game and we’re starving! 1 waiters for that table and we had a girl who worked in the kitchen! Had to repeat our order 3 times. Other table has their check and we still don’t have our food!!! TERRIBLE - never will come here again. IT IS LOCATED ON RT 10 & 23 in Morgantown.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I had placed an order online for carryout for a future time around 8:15p. I arrived about 8p to check up on my order. A heavy set ** associate stated that the pizza hasn't been placed in the oven yet. I proceeded to tell her that's fine, I will run to Walgreens across the street and will come back. She rudely insisted that I pay first (when my order hasn't even been placed in the oven). I am a regular customer mostly ordering online for delivery. I told her that I will pay be at pick-up, and she kept stating that I should pay now, meaning if I don't my order is not going to be made. Then I asked her is this a new policy and she stated this has always been their policy. Keep in mind that I have been ordering from this Pizza Hut for years.

Afterwards, I told her well I will discuss this with your corporate headquarters, because I'm not paying until pick-up and I'll go ahead and cancel my order. She stated that it's fine and that she will call corporate herself and cancel my order. This associate by far has the worst customer service and I contacted corporate informing them of this and will be providing reviews on a every social media platform that I can. She is the most disrespectful associate who needs additional training, and possibly additional education. As a healthcare professional we provide exceptional care for our patients and the best experience we can. Looking at the previous reviews this employee's actions seem to be escalating and proper disciplinary actions need to be taken.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

This is the first time I have ever got a great experience from this store. It was delivered on time and the driver was friendly and brought plenty of condiments. This is how customer service is supposed to be and he should be teaching other employees how it's supposed to be done. Well done Pizza Hut in West Memphis. The product has always been great. Now they have the customer service. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I placed a very large order for delivery online. The total amount came to almost $60. I requested that they bring change for $100 in the comments for the driver. When I clicked submit order I noticed a disclaimer that said they carry less than $20 and will not give change for anything higher. Since I am a regular customer, I called the store right away to give them payment in form of debit over the phone. They took the info and charged my card.

I got a call Lee's than 5 minutes later saying the order was kicked out and voided. Said the money will not go back on card for 3-5 days. Told me if I wanted food will have to give order all over and pay another almost $60. Guess what. I was not paying twice! I said to forget it and went elsewhere. This was over a week ago. Still no refund! I called to complain and it is a third party company because they can't handle the amount they get. No paid for food and never got it. Have yet to get my refund and still have heard nothing from Pizza Hut! Absolutely terrible. What a headache ordering some pizza turned into. What if they did that to someone and that's all the money they had? Needs to be reported to Better Business Bureau!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I guess Sean is the new Assistant Manager at the Pizza Hut over on Manatee Ave (I think it's Store 4606). My family and I had been out all day and just needed to get something to eat quickly. Called it in and he was very courteous and our pizzas were hot and fresh!!!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I recently purchase pizza at the East Main store in Lancaster Ohio. I was surprised to have the waiter serve me with his pants pulled down to where 6-7 inches of his underwear was showing. There was also very little topping on the pizza. I say this as I went to the Memorial Drive Pizza Hut where there was an adequate amount of toppings to make a quality pizza. In the future, I will be purchasing elsewhere than East Main.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Yuba City CA. Store delivered two overcooked pizzas and when we called we were given nothing but pushback from the manager, no apologies, no replacement, no return for a refund. Had to call corporate to try to get my money back. Still waiting on that. Choose another pizza place. You will be better off.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I used to love Pizza Hut. It was my go-to for ordering pizza. Today, after a difficult day and wanting some easy comfort food, I decided to order. I have not ordered from this branch since moving into my new house. I ordered online. When I placed my order, I marked that I would pay by check. It said it would arrive in 20-30 minutes. After about 45 minutes, I called and was told I could get a $4 discount. Then at about an hour, the pizza arrived. It was warm, not hot. Then I was told that branch did not accept checks. I didn't have any cash. I called the branch and asked for a comp since it was late, luke-warm, and there was no indication that checks were not allowed. The lady I spoke with said to give the pizza back to the delivery guy and it would be voided. I am very disappointed with my first experience ordering from this branch. I will not order a Pizza Hut pizza again, nor will I recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Perfect stuffed crust meat lovers pizza - it's the best pizza for delivery you can get. Exceptional customer service kind, polite, and professional. Fast delivery, kind and polite as well. I highly recommend Pizza Hut to anyone anywhere anytime - Thanks!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I called about an hour ago and the lady on the phone was very rude. After I gave her my address she was very rude and said “ha honey nobody is going to deliver all way out to you.” So I called Hungry Howie's and gave them my address, they said yes they will deliver to me. Mind you, Pizza Hut is only 8 miles from my house, and Hungry Howies is almost 14 miles from my house! VERY DISAPPOINTING.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Pizza Hut, please bring back the Peruvian cherry peppers as a topping option. They taste great and are a rare find, much better than the average pickled sliced jalapeno! Thanks, love the pizza, a true classic meal dating back to delicious ancient times!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

We ordered pizza, wings, fries & cinnabons, online, and was told the order would take 2 hours!? Order actually arrived within an hour. After sitting down to eat, we found both pizzas were somewhat raw and extremely greasy, the wings were sloppy and overcooked, the fries were soggy and the Cinnabons were extremely tiny, definitely NOT what we were expecting! Tried to call and complain, but no one would answer their phone! In order to eat our pizzas, we had to put them in the oven to cook longer! We will definitely NOT be getting ANYTHING from them again!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I ordered a cheese pizza for my two boys and somehow I got a pizza with black olives and buffalo sauce on it and when I call Pizza Hut back they said that it was a mistake on my part and they could do anything about it. And when I stated that I would never order a pizza with black olives or buffalo sauce the woman replied that people like what they like with no regard to the fact my two boys don't have anything to eat because of their mistake.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I have been ordering pizza for many years here in Tucson AZ at my local pizza hut. I always order extra sauce because they tend to skimp on the sauce. Every time lately when I order my pizza it always is either so so or horrible! This last one I ordered had no sauce at all and the crust was very doughy. Frozen pizzas are better than the pizzas I order from Pizza Hut. They are very inconsistent. I will not be ordering from Pizza Hut again. Now I can understand how they get such bad reviews. If they don't improve I am sure they will not be in business for the long. There is too much competition out there. I am not one to review but this was the worst pizza from Pizza Hut.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Assistant manager ** is a outstanding employee. She is very nice. She is quick with the customer orders and makes sure the rest of the staff is on the same page to make all the customers happy and satisfied carry out are deliveries. Located at the Pizza Hut in 1866 Government Street, Mobile, Alabama.

Pizza Hut Company Information