1.23/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Pizza Hut

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 10, 2017

337 Pizza Hut Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I called Pizza delivery Hut at Hounslow West London to place an order for collection. Every time I called a member of staff would pick up the phone & hang up. This happened several times. I made my way to this branch & stated that I have been calling & someone keeps hanging up on me... he just smirked & went to the back to get the manager I requested. To my surprise it was the manager that kept hanging up on me & when I asked him why? He shouted at me to get out of "his shop"! I thought it was owned by Pizza Hut... another customer that came in after me said, "I'm leaving, I wouldn't order from here." I asked for the manager's name & told him I was going to make a complaint. He replied, "My names Bilal! Go ahead. They won't do anything."

I called Pizza Hut on their complaints number & was told that I would be contacted within 5 working days. Guess what? 3 weeks later & 3 calls later... nobody has bothered. Now I understand why the manager said, "Go ahead. They won't do anything." I have given my custom to this branch for over 15 years. They have now lost my custom & I have ordered from Domino's Pizza since. Their pizzas & value for money are great. You also get someone that actually answers the phone & has customer service skills. Shame on you Pizza Hut! I thinks it's a disgrace how you treat your customers. Looking at your overall reviews score, I can understand why you score so low.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

So I live in Miami Beach and ordered online. The online deal was $6.99 for medium pizzas with unlimited toppings. I think, ok, sweet deal and order 1 medium Hand tossed, with meatballs, onions, and cherry peppers. The second I order is Medium Pan pizza with meatball, black olive, pepperoni and cherry peppers. When it arrives we pay and driver leaves. We open the boxes and see that they prepared two identical pizzas, the one with black olives and pepperoni, which my husband can’t eat. I call the store to let them know and get greeted by someone speaking Spanish. I said “Do you speak English?” And she quickly responds No. I’m thinking ok, this is America but it’s also Miami and she has an attitude. So I ask for someone that speaks English and she passes the phone to someone who asks me takeout or delivery. I explained the order and the fact that they delivered two identical pizzas.

She read my order back and tells me that they will send out another pizza but I will have to return one of the pizzas to the driver. I say ok, but then think why on earth would they want me to return a pizza that has sat in my house for over an hour?? My husband has a cold and I have two dogs in the house. Like are they going to try and sell it to someone else?? Gross!! I’m still waiting for the correct pizza to be delivered. Haven’t touched the two pizzas they delivered. Very rude, ignorant, and disgusting experience. Honestly, I don’t even want the pizza anymore. Why don’t they try and find some customer service representatives that speak English and that know how to apologize and that don’t ask a customer for their cold food back.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I ordered a large stuffed crust pizza with extra cheese, Italian sausage and pepperoni, sierra mist, and chocolate chip cookies. I called Pizza Hut to tell them that the pizza was ok... But the cookies were burnt. "Can I get another order sent out?" The lady on the phone told me that she cooked and cut the cookies herself. They weren't burnt... And she hung up. I called right back, she says "Pizza Hut, how can I help you?" When I asked her what her name was. She responds, "Walhaven pizza hut, who is this?" I told her that I was the customer that she previously hung up on. She then hung up on me again. I tried to call back numerous times, but "someone" would just keep picking the phone up and then hang it up. I kept calling, but all of the numbers that were linked up to my home were blocked.

I called and spoke to the manager the following day. The manager was just as rude. I will take my money and my business somewhere else; Pizza Hut is not the only restaurant that serves pizza. I hope that someone in the corporate office will offer classes on good/Acceptable ways to ensure quality and respectful customer service and satisfaction. I am done with Pizza Hut.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I order a pizza with 8 slice and when delivery is coming pizza is cold and very tiny slices. Starving before pizza arrive and very disappointed with the order. I just like to say shame on all Pizza Hut branches. Show different and send different. And Stockport Road branch is worst. Never order again.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

The person on the phone could hardly understand or speak English. She did not know what a deep dish pizza is and when I was ordering a two topping pizza she told me extra cheese did not qualify as a second ingredient. I tried ordering pepperoni with extra cheese and she insisted on a $2.00 extra charge. The craziest part was taking phone orders for a pizza place and not knowing what a deep dish pizza is. It is a very bad idea not letting our local store answer their own phone, I have no idea where this lady was from but I do know the local help in Brainerd is not that rude and they know what the different types of pizza are. I ended up hanging up and going elsewhere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pizza Hut?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

No matter how many times I try I cannot get the order pizza site to work. Don't understand why they cannot see my address. Even when I put it in the website comes up saying there is no store close to me. Really they are just down the block on Greenwood ave. in Bethel.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Windermere Pizza Hut is run by liar and idiots. To increases the price they can cancel your order. Today I ordered two medium pan pizza, over the phone and when I reached to pick up, I have been told I never called, despite showing call record. Then offered me 20% discount which was more than the order price which I did over the phone.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Bad attitude and service. When I called Pizza Hut the guy answered the phone first and just said Rivergate. Then I ask where am I calling, he said, "Pizza Hut. This is Mark. What do you want. We don't have a driver." and then hung up.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Went to Pizza Hut on State Road 40 in Ocala for supper. What a big mistake. 1st got there at approx. 6:15 p.m. The guy behind the counter said just take a seat anywhere. As luck would have it we picked the wrong place to sit. The waitress came into the dining room at about 6:25 p.m. and went to the booth at the corner of the store. She was there talking to the couple from 6:25 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and when she finally came to our table she said, “Sorry I got in a chatty mode” or something to that effect. She then asks us if we wanted drinks in which we replied, “Yes Dr. Pepper for me and 2 empty glasses for my wife with no ice. She has her own drinks.” She then brought my Dr. Pepper and 1 empty glass and 1 with ice. We told her no ice so she poured it into another glass at a different table and set it back down. She then said, “Oh I forgot your menus. I will be right back.”

5 min. later she came back with the menus and left again going back over the table in the corner. At this time I was getting angry as I could hear the conversation about her kids, and the fact she was from New York and so forth. Finally at 6:40 p.m. she came to take our order. We ordered and I mentioned the time to my wife and said, “Let's see how long it takes us to get our pizza.” Almost an hour had gone by and she came back to the table and told us that the computer had went down and offered us some breadsticks or to go back to the salad bar. We refused both and I asked how long and she said it was in the oven so I said, “What 5, 7, 10 min. or what.” She then said, “Probably 7.”

We accepted that and she went away. We waited and waited and now we are at an hour. In the meantime the families that came in after us with multiple people had received their pizza and had eaten at least half of it. Oh and the chatty couple in the corner also received a cookie pizza. At this point I had had enough. I asked for the manager and the person at the counter said she was the manager. I explained my situation and she said, “I am sorry and here is your pizza sitting right here.” I told her I did not want it now at which time my wife said, “Yours is burnt.” I ordered a bbq pizza. I looked at it and she was right. She offered us the pizza free and I said, "Why would I take it after all this." We will never eat at that Pizza Hut again.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

We have had frozen pizza that is way better! Pizza tasted horrible, was an hour late on delivery on top of everything else. We ordered from 3 different places due to our large hungry party. Seriously, the cheap frozen pizza at Walmart is better than this place! We bought over $200 worth of their so called Pizza Hut pizza for our party and threw most of it in the garbage. Not the same Pizza Hut it was 20 plus years ago. Absolutely garbage! Processed junk, the cheese wasn't even cheese, it was mushy... I don't even know what it was. Nasty.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I always order from the same location by my house and the pizza always tastes great but the second to last time I got my pizza I noticed a short black hair in my pizza. My husband said it was probably our dogs hair since he is black so I thought nothing of it. Last night I ordered from the same place and as I was chewing I felt hair in my mouth. The next day I was talking to my mother who I shared the same pizza with and she said she kept finding hair in her pizza, about 5 or 6 hairs in each piece! I told her how I had hair in mine this time and last time and she said how she had forgotten until now that last time we ordered it she had hair in her pizza then too.

Now I know that it was not my hair or my dogs hair. The teenagers working there are putting hair in the pizza and they probable think it is so funny. I am so disgusted and outraged! As soon as they open I am talking to the manager of the store and contacting the Better Business Bureau and the Clark County Health Department!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Pizza was nasty service, was beyond poor, took over an hour to get a pizza, didn't see waitress but twice when talk to you manager they had nothing to say. Love Pizza Hut in Kings Mountain in Cherryville but hate it in Lincolnton North Carolina will not go back.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Pizza Hut at Raised Antler, Midlothian, VA - Tried to order several Large Pizza for a Party and the so called Pizza Hut Clerk hung up the phone in the middle of placing the order and would not answer the phone when I called back. We kept getting the Customer Service for Pizza Hut. This the 3rd time we have had a problem with this Pizza Hut and placing orders. Contacting a Lawyer to place a lawsuit for discrimination. One other time we complained because the pizza ordered made everyone who ate pizza extremely sick with vomiting and diarrhea for days after the pizza. We wanted to alert them so no one else would get sick in case there was something contaminated there at the store. They acted like we were the ones with the problem. We didn't order from them for about 4 years and decided to give them a try again. But this latest experience is the last time we trade with Pizza Hut. We ordered pizza for our party and spent $175.00 for pizza at another store.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I've never had a problem with Pizza Hut until today. Let me explain to you EXACTLY what happened. I have phone recording and credit card receipt proof for anyone who questions me about it. First, I placed an order online to Pizza Hut website. (Like I always have) - They usually get it to me within 30 minutes, always great, but TODAY - Horrible. I place the order at 4:38 pm - still wasn't here at 5:25 - I called and the person who answered said it's on its way according to tracker. I said, "It has said that for 30 minutes now and still not here. You charged my card 33.05 but my order was only 27.95." Hung up the phone when he said maybe the driver got lost. I said, I live 1 mile away and it's been an hour.

Delivery boy arrives, I said, "Why is it so late." He said, "It isn't." I said, Would you like to see my email proof that it was supposed to be here 30 minutes ago?" He handed me the boxes, SHORT an order of fries. I signed for the COLD order and shut the door in the LIARs face, no tip. (I usually tip them 10 dollars EVERY order - several times a month.) His loss for deliberately lying about when he left the store. And made ZERO apologies for it. So, they charged me 33 for a 27 dollar order to my card, missing part of the order. I said ** it, I just won't go there again.

SUDDENLY, ONE HOUR LATER - DOMINOS PIZZA guy comes to my door with an order. Coincidence after the Pizza Hut incident? I think not. I am truly convinced they deliberately overcharged my card - then someone at Pizza Hut (or the driver) deliberately placed an order to Dominos in MY NAME and sent them to my door - ONE HOUR after this was all over. I told the Dominos driver, "Sorry but I did NOT place an order with you" and showed him the boxes from Pizza Hut. He said, "Well someone must be playing games" and left, angry - understandably.

I will NEVER buy Pizza Hut - ANYWHERE - EVER AGAIN. They stole from me, were UNapologetic and deliberately decided to be smart asses sending Dominos to my door to be **. NEVER AGAIN!!! I'll go with Papa Johns or ANY OTHER PIZZA PLACE BUT PIZZA HUT. I've spent THOUSANDS at Pizza Hut through the years - Just takes ONE GROUP OF YOUNG ** to ruin a lifetime of memories. I have proof of everything if anyone wants to see it. Thanks for letting me review and make a formal complaint. The store: 4526 W Tuscarawas Rd., Canton, Ohio 44708. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

On 08/01/17 I ordered 2 large pizzas and 12 piece order of wings online. I get to the store about 15 mins after placing my order, walk in and there is no employee whatsoever in there. A delivery guy comes in, goes to the back and comes back to front and says, "I GUESS she will be with you soon" so I wait and wait and wait, thinking maybe she is in back doing paperwork or busy. NOPE, she comes thru the front door carrying a grocery bag with a 2-liter soda in it. Let's not forget there is a BIG HUGE cooler IN Pizza Hut with Pepsi products and water in it. Did she put her item down immediately and apologize to me? Again NOPE. She walks over to the delivery guy and proceeds to have a conversation, all while I am waiting and waiting. When she finally decides to do her job, she walks to register. This would be the part where an employee should say, "I am sorry for your wait". Did she? If you guessed NOPE, you'd be right.

Her words with a bit of an attitude were, "Can I help ya?" So at this point is where I have to remind myself that I have children to raise and orange is NOT the new black nor is it MY color. So, I pay my money and she brings out my COLD pizza but not a wing in sight. So I ask, "And my chicken wings." She shuffles around looking dumbfounded and checks my receipt (as if anyone would be paying almost $40 for 2 Plain Jane pizzas with no wings being ordered), goes to the back, returns, says "It's gonna be a few minutes, we didn't fix them". Again, thinks to myself, orange is not your color Tina! And I ask for a refund because I don't have time to wait for wings that were ordered almost an hour ago but this thirsty idiot forgot to cook.

Contacted Pizza Hut... which btw I think it would be easier sitting down with the Pope face to face than to actually speak to someone in management and they ONLY allow 1000 words when you contact them via their website. Got email back saying they would be forwarding this to the management team responsible etc... Needless to say, I have been ordering from Domino's for over 20 years and never not one single time, ever treated in such a manner. NOT even during SUPERBOWL SUNDAY when I ordered 10 pizzas and 50 wings from dominos did I get treated as an inconvenience AND my wait time in there was ONLY 5 minutes total! Even though I love pizza hut pizza when it's HOT... I will stick to dominos from now on. And I'll make sure my family does too... and we are a HUGEEE family considering I have 7 brothers and 3 sisters and God knows how many nieces and nephews.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Decided to order Pizza Hut for my sons 12th birthday. Hadn't ordered in a while and decided it would be a nice change. The last time I ordered there, the Pizza was delicious. They must have changed the recipe to compete or be more like Little Caesar's because that's what it tastes like. Crust with cheese on it. A freaking cheese stick. At least Little Caesar's has this kind of pizza for five bucks, but Pizza Hut has the gall to charge 15.99 and upward for the same thing. You guys need to return to the recipe you had for years, because this new stuff you're selling is TRASH.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I'm not pleased with the location on 11802 Tesson Ferry in Saint Louis MO. We placed an order for delivery and 45 min later the driver called and said “We don't deliver to you.” So when I called the store to ask “Why wasn't it said when I called?” The shift manager ** said “Oh well you can come pick it up. That's all I got for you.” and hangs up when I ask for the general manager info. I'm not pleased with the service at all and how rude they were to me on the phone. ** I assume is his real name hung up the phone. This is not how Pizza Hut do business and I feel very disrespected. That store number is 4935 but only assuming the information was right because I called back and it rang for like two minutes before ** answered the phone and sounded like he was reluctant to give me information. I'm not happy and of course I'm still hungry. What can be done especially about the rude service from that store?

Original review: July 13, 2017

Ordered a personal pan pizza and some pasta. Also got a side salad and cheese sticks. Ate my salad and cheese sticks. And waited about 30 minutes and still no food. Ask our waitress and she said it would be right out. Waited another 15 min still no food. Everyone that came in after us got their food by now and still nothing. We finally ask for our bill then was told our food was on its way. Got our bill for what we ate and drank and was finally told that our ticket had gotten misplaced. Why weren't we told that the first time we ask about our food. No manager to explain nothing either. Paid our bill and WE WILL NEVER BE BACK THERE EVER AGAIN... WORST SERVICE EVER...

Original review: July 12, 2017

Pizza Hut has found the bottom. After almost an hour's time, I ordered pizza online and got nothing that was requested except a pizza. No crushed red pepper, no grated cheese, no plates, no nap again, no fork. Just a pizza.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I ordered pizza several times from Pizza Hut on Flat Shoals in Decatur. Recently, 7/2017 was my most recent purchase. However, this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth literally. The pizza was too salty. This salty taste overpowered the overall taste of a good tasting pizza. I will have to take my business elsewhere.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I used to eat delivery almost every Friday after work for me and my family. That was our fun day of the week until we started getting bad service. I would order and have to wait 40, 50, sometimes over a hour after our expected delivery time or they wouldn't ever place my order. So I'm waiting on an order that was never put in. I never from there again until recently. My kids kept bothering saying they wanted pizza from Pizza Hut. So I called thinking they upped their service. It stayed the same.

I waited for an hour and they never showed up. I called and told them and they said they'll tell them to hurry up on my order. So I said "ok". Almost another hour passed and still nothing. So I called again and they gave me another number to call. When I called and told them the problem, they looked up my call and said my order was never placed. I told them this is the same problem I had a few years before and now a few years later I'm having the same problem on my first time back as a customer. Never again will I take my business there.

Original review: July 1, 2017

I called to place an order for delivery and spoke to Andrew. I was out of their delivery range but he was so nice about it and apologized. I called the wrong store, no need to apologize but he did and was very nice. He checked with the manager to make sure and confirmed I was out of range. He told me which store to call and gave me the number. He apologized again, called me by name which is rare nowadays and told me to have a great night. I am a supervisor where I work, in customer service. This is what customer service is all about!!!

Original review: June 28, 2017

The first time I order from Pizza Hut was when I was at my friend's house watch a wrestling pay per view and as long as I put extra sauce on my pizza it tasted perfect just like we wanted. I've been ordering pizza from Pizza Hut since I was kid and I love every second of it, can't wait until this week to try out the BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger with stuff crust. I'm give Pizza Hut this good review because this place has the best pizza on my end. So thank you Pizza Hut for making my pizza so lovely and good, you guys rock!!!

Original review: June 26, 2017
    My order at Pizza Hut was 1 hour and 20 min late. When I called the store the manager JENNIFER said "sorry I only have one driver. Sorry." No customer service skills and really bad service with insincerely apology. Food not at my home after 2 hours! Horrible, something has to be done about this business - Pizza Hut on Freedom Drive Charlotte NC 28208. It's unacceptable! Where do we draw the line? This business needs to be dealt with on a larger scale. Customers need to be satisfied in some way when we spend our money here! This ruined my night, my family had to wait hours for ONE pizza. What a unbelievable experience.

Sincerely, A very unhappy customer.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I'm very close to running out of food in my house and am trying to gather resources for food until next Friday. I have a Groupon account and there was an offer for free cheese sticks. So, okay. I signed up for Pizza Hut's account. No coupon popped up. Absolutely nothing. I finally called a local Pizza Hut only to be told that I had to *order* food (paying for it) and THEN the coupon goes to your email. That's **. They obviously have nothing better to do than lie to people who are on down on their luck. It's the principle of it. They could have said (after your first order) but they chose not to. *So* scummy. Thanks a lot.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I went Pizza Hut with my son and husband for lunch we ordered our food. Whilst my son ate his lasagne he found a hard piece in his food. When I checked it I couldn't understand what it was. It looked like plastic. When I raised it with the manager he tried cutting it with a knife and it didn't cut into pieces. I was discussing this with him asking him what it may be. It's disappointing. We come for food and we don't get the quality of food. He only refunded the lasagne and didn't appear very bothered. The service was very low.

Original review: June 10, 2017

We don't eat at Pizza Hut very often. Today we decided to eat there. Big mistake. It was one of the worst pizzas ever. It was worse than a frozen pizza? The staff was unfriendly. Didn't even ask how it was when we left. It would have not worth $21.00 dollars. Walmart Deli Pizzas beat it hands down. Way overpriced for poor quality.

Original review: June 4, 2017

I ordered a large pizza and my total was $16 and change, and the driver claimed that he did not have the $3 change to give me so he took the pizza back. The manager said, "Since you are a woman, I cannot give you credit or refund," or anything like that, Pizza Hut on Garey Ave in Pomona CA.

Original review: June 3, 2017

Every time I order pizza at the Pizza Hut on Plainfield in Grand Rapids Michigan I always order 3 and they always manage to mess up at least 1 pizza. They do not fix it or reimburse me and the workers are rude and act like you're wasting their time.

Original review: May 27, 2017

Last night I came home from work and I was totally exhausted and tired and I was not in the mood to cook so I decided to order a pizza from Pizza Hut for delivery. I went online and ordered a Pizza with a few additional toppings and after I paid for it I was informed it would take 30-35 minutes for my order to arrive and I did not have any problems or issues with that as I was going to take a quick shower while waiting. 90 minutes later finally the pizza arrived and I let the delivery driver in as he asked if he could use my bathroom. I said, "Sure, go down the hallway to the left and it is the second door". He was in there about 5 minutes and he came out and said, "Thank you Sir I really appreciate it". I gave him a good tip and he left.

Me and my lady decided to sit down and have a couple of ice cold beers and enjoy the pizza. She opened the box and jumped back as all the extra cheese and all the other toppings were stuck to the top of the box and the Pizza was burnt for sure. I could not believe what I was seeing at all. Immediately I called the Pizza Hut and told the guy on the phone what had happened. He replied to me, "Sir, that is impossible as none of our products ever leave our stores in that condition". I replied, "Well, there is a first time for everything and I am looking at a totally disgusting pizza and I want another one made the right way or I want my money back!" He replied, "I am sorry Sir, but we can't do that and have a nice evening". He hung up on me. I called back again and there was a busy signal and could not get through.

As I was just getting off the phone I hear my lady yelling and screaming from down the hallway saying, "OMG! I can't believe this you have to come and see this!" I went down the hallway into the bathroom and I was in total shock as I could not believe what I was seeing as the Pizza Hut driver who I let use my bathroom decided he had to defecate and left the disgusting mess in my toilet and did not have the decency to flush it down. I was very angry for sure. Between the horrible pizza, being ripped off and having someone from Pizza Hut delivery come into my house and do something like that I will never ever order from them ever again! Goodbye Pizza Hut and farewell!

Pizza Hut Company Information