3.39/5
Based on 1,055 ratings submitted in the last year

1247 McDonalds Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 15, 2019

I enjoyed their prompt and fast service they provide. They were very generous and professional. They are very clean and honest atmosphere. I will definitely come back. Every time I come there they provide fast and courteous service, they are very friendly and are always in a pleasant mood. Their drive thru is very pleasant also, they provide very fast, waste no time.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Ok so, I eat at a LOT of fancy food at fancy food restaurants because I am rich, and so I was on a road trip and I was hungry, so I stopped off at McDonald’s, and I got a double cheeseburger with French fries, and OH MY GOSH! This was the best food I have ever ate. And I have PICKY taste. So if I say that I like this restaurant, so do you.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Coupons have been a big tradition in this family of ours. We have one kid named Jonn, one named Mildred and the rest we left at Home Depot as a punishment. The pancakes are my favorite. Make sure to ask for ketchup because for some reason they don't just give it to you with your pancake order. However ketchup on my pancakes gives me some pretty nasty gas. I timed one of my farts once after eating the pancakes with ketchup and it came out at 17.89 seconds. But it did smell good. Like I was saying with coupons you can get pancakes for nothing less than full price! Saved me a fortune! (So did leaving the kids at Home Depot.)

Original review: June 22, 2018

Went to McDonalds drive thru in Murfreesboro, NC on June 21 at lunch time. The lady taking the orders was very nice & accommodating. I had 3 separate orders & she didn’t flinch at that. She repeated it all back & was very efficient. The lady that took my money & gave us our food was also very nice & accommodating. It was such a pleasant experience that I will go back to that store again. Employees at other stores could learn from these nice ladies.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I sent this to corporate because I am not well, I was hungry and It took 2 people 3 trips to not get a hamburger. "Is this a joke??? Route 40 and 213 McDonalds in Elkton MD just served a dried up, bent in half hamburger, with no mustard or onions to my husband at the drive through. He brought it home and had to drive back to try again. They gave him another one in almost the same condition and he brought it home so I went back. The guy at the counter admitted he would not eat it (and it was better than the first one).

The girl at the counter handed me a third burger that looked like it was made last week and stored under the oven but they added fresh ketchup. I just told her to keep it and since they kept the receipt the first time and I did not have much shot at a refund without behavior unbecoming a lady. Just Wow! How incompetent does the entire staff have to be? There was hardly a soul patronizing the place at the time. Is it company policy to serve antique stepped on food??? That is more often than not the experience at McDonalds.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about McDonalds?

Original review: June 7, 2019

#McDonalds what is going on with Customer Service? Store on 1030 East University Ave refuses to make shakes simply because they don't want to clean the machine. I attempted to ask if they served Coke Zero & the employee at the window was so rude. I pulled up to the 2nd window after she refused to give her name. I spoke with a shift manager & he did give a contact# to Management with her name. I had to pull around again to place my order. I was visiting this location to bless some other fellow Vets with dinner.

Original review: June 7, 2019

So was accused of not paying for coffee by ** table server at McDonald's. The guy again for the fourth time bought us breakfast with extra large coffee. I went to get a refill and nobody would serve me. So the ** said I bought the coffee somewhere else and now wanted a refill. So I presented the receipt from the purchase and said the gentleman in the morning likes to buy us coffee and mcgriddles.... and they said well I had to get the refill in 28 minutes or being the store that I was in the store for three hours. Since 5am and it was now after 8 am so I said yes it takes me a while to relax. And no such time limit exists. This is a 24 hr McDonald's. So then nobody would give me a refill saying it had to be approved by the manager who then went to confer with the cooks.

So I got the refill and then I chewed out the ** server with the sour face like 24 seven and told her, "If you harass me again I was going to the corporate office". And I went to sit with older Americans that know me and are regulars and they said she has a I wanna be the manager problem and everybody has had run-ins with her. This took place at 9:00 am Thursday. We buy coffee there all the time and my mom has experienced the same harassment. We even sit in the dining room with two for three dollar specials and still are ignored for coffee refills and you have to stand forever to get one. Eventually the guy that buses tables comes over to give the refill. At another time I noticed an eye roll when getting a refill. 101 S, Pacific Coast Highway, El Segundo, CA 90245. (310) 640-2019, Incident 6th of June 2019 9:00 am.

Original review: June 6, 2019

How come every time I go to McDonald's the ice cream machine is always down? Especially after 8 pm. Literally every single time. If you just don't serve it after that's fine. But there has been many times in the last 5 years that I have noticed this.

Original review: June 5, 2019

My daughter had her 10th birthday party at the store and we were told that she will receive a birthday gift after approximately 1-2 months after her party coz they still need to order it. I’ve called the store 3-4 times already to do a followup after the stated time but they keep telling me it hasn’t come yet. Finally I talked to the store manager and she said she’ll give me a feedback at the end of the month which already passed and I still didn’t hear anything. I’m not pleased with this. I know it might not be much but the thought of your employees or company that hasn’t done their job is not acceptable for me who’s a regular customer. When I booked for the party they didn’t have the invitation for the theme we wanted. They just gave us what they had that time. I guess that was a sign that I shouldn’t have done my daughter's party there but I gave them a chance so this is where we are after the party.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Last night I ordered McDonald's via Uber Eats to my work from Bass Hill. I don't work far from the store, however was unable to leave as I was the only staff on duty in my department. I ordered a hot chocolate with extra chocolate & a banana bread. The hot chocolate arrived stone cold and the banana bread arrived severely burnt (I have a photo for reference). This is not the first time I have been issued poor service. I think it's time higher management made a few surprise visits to this store. Other issues I have faced over the past few months include:

- Staff witnessed sitting on the McCafe counter chatting to other staff while customers wait to be served.
- Customers waiting in drive thru at the speaker for a solid 5 minutes while staff are busy chatting to their friends.

- Staff witnessed smoking weed in my work car park. When confronted, they tried to stash their bong for collection later. I ended up throwing it in the bin.

It's really disappointing to see just how bad the service is getting in this store. I had been going to this store for 25 years and have watched it go downhill. The store only makes sales because of its convenient location. As of last night you have lost a customer.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I used this app for the most part successfully for more than a year. Then, for some reason, it stopped working and forced me to "upgrade." I did so and could never log in or sign up again! This is fraught with weird glitches, mainly on the link to verify. Now, I have 3 accounts, none of which allow me to sign in or login!! No support ever available either (tried many times). I guess they get you in and then spit you out!

Original review: May 18, 2019

I had expected Krispy Kreme's donut sticks, but when I had bought those 6 donut sticks, they were plain sugar, bread and cinnamon. Yuck! Never would I buy another donut stick the next time I do come around McDonald's. :( Please, do take them down from the menu, McDonald's.

Original review: May 16, 2019

HELLO, Myself Vivek **. I am from India, today I visit Shop No - 13 &110, Pavilion Mall Opposite Platinum Plaza, Sukhan, Cross Road, Nikol, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 382350 this McDo restaurants. And I face very bad experiences. 1st French fries not available (many time I face this issue)... McDo famous for this items, 2nd Mac Maharaja not available (high price item always). When I see any advertisement of McDo I just see this item first. 3rd quality of Mc-veggie low to low... Not explain to worst. 4th I see full people rush is full so they don't pack food and quality is so low.

McDonald's, Domino's, KFC are famous for this quality. Whenever I go in world but I got same pizza of Domino's, same burger of McDonald's. I know this are people not proper test so McDonald's give quality less food to all people???? Today when I got my MC-veggie first not proper grassing of vegetable. Only one pc of cabbage inside so I call manager and they change new one but not fully satisfied because not enough cheese, not proper size Tikki... I am totally disappointed when I start to eat... Deep fry of Tikki full of oil. Too much oily. Same with other items. This is not fault of any person. This is fault of McDonald's who don't follow people feedback. Last 3 month I always feedback, "Please improve your quality at least same as other McDonald's. I don't more but I need same. So request to you please maintain of your food quality otherwise close of your all McDonald's in some area when you don't maintain one quality of your food."

Please take feedback of people and take some action again your food quality. Otherwise world are changing. No one eat your food. If any help regarding quality test of how to manage your quality I always help you because I always eat McDonald's burger. And please improve your quality as soon as possible. I am always happy when I eat McDonald's food but I will very happy when all people happy when they eat McDonald's burger. I hope you welcome my quality issue problem and reply me as soon as quality will improve. I am always eat to that burger. When I was in college and 5 day of week I eat McAloo Tikki. When you improve your quality please email me. I am accept your invitation and eat all your item if you invite me after quality improve. More details of my please email me. Email: **. Thanks you.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I am aggrieved at the service I received when ordering from the McDelivery app at the Ellis Park (Johannesburg) McDonald’s. The order I had paid for was not accurate, was not delivered to the correct address and late. The reception I got from the store and the McDonald’s Twitter account in voicing my grievances was appalling and no remorse shown.

Original review: May 14, 2019

When I asked about a "senior coffee" the "woman" at the counter says in an undue attitude, "We don't give senior discounts & I have worked at all 9 McDonald's in Ocala county & none give discounts". This was on 4/17/2019 @1:48 pm....

Original review: May 12, 2019

Every single time I visit my local MCD's In Carmel Church, Va. there is an issue. I don't typically leave reviews or comments, but at this point it's getting ridiculous. Last night I was overcharged for my food. My total should have been $5 but I was charged $15 on my card. My order was mixed up with someone else's. My previous visit, the person in the drive thru forget my drink. I didn't realize until getting home. Before that, I waited in the drive thru for nearly 20 mins on a hot day and I get all the way to the window and the employee tells me their ice cream machine has been broke all day. The complaints go on. I really really wish that these workers at this location will get it together. My kids love McDonalds, but the service is so awful that at this point we choose to just go across the street to Wendy's, not because of the food but merely for decent customer service.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I stopped at McDonalds in DeFuniak Springs, Florida while traveling. I ordered a fruit and yogurt parfait. I was disappointed to see that the already small size cup has gotten even smaller, like half the size it used to be AND the price has gone up. Kinda sucks because I do like the fruit and yogurt parfait but I will not be ordering it again. To me it’s just not worth the $1.29 for maybe 5 spoons of yogurt, one mushy strawberry, and 2 blueberries. ????

Original review: May 8, 2019

I would go to this restaurant more than 3X a week. 2 out of 3X times I would get home and have to go back due to RAW HAMBURGER PATTIES OR HAVING TO THROW AWAY FOOD! So many time I would say no to onions, pickles, etc... Health reasons. Barely got what I order. Not getting all my food that was paid for, improper beverage served cold and old coffee when requesting hot. Burned bread covering cold meat when ask to be made fresh. Walked in sick, coughing, sneezing employees preparing food. Final straw I return cold burned food. Walking it in in the entrance a powerful stench of urine taking my breath away. Never again.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I've ate at McDonald's from East Coast to West for 35+ years. I'm in St. Louis Missouri now working and the locations off Parker Lane and the one on Bellefontaine owned by same owner is the worst service I have ever encountered in all these years. Very angry, hateful employees who are so rude. The order most always wrong. How hard can it be to get a Southwestern salad wrong...and half is usually missing. I know this is a rough area but there's good families who want friendly faces serving them the food McDonald's used to put out. This is just unbelievable service.

I can't wait to get out of this area where people act civilized. I ordered tonight coming home from urgent care, got home and once again wanted to take it back but as always I say screw it or will eat part of it 'cause I'm so hungry. We no longer even go in to eat anymore. Too depressing to get that kind service. Tonight is my last night. Can't wait to leave this hell hole and move on to places where people act civilized.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I have been a customer of their stores for more than 50 years. I have eaten at their stores in 27 states and in three countries. I started in the Bronx in 1967. I have never had a reason to complain until now. I have been complaining about the Store at South Semoran Blvd and Curry Ford Rd in Orlando 32807 for Ten years. The reason why is the Manager at the top just does not care about what you tell him. He will promise to fix the problem, but if he did I wouldn't still be complaining about the same problem. Rudeness and favoritism.

The favorite guest is treated as if they could do no wrong and are hardly treated in a rude manner. The not so favorite guest is treated with rudeness and a reminder of their policies. The Manager will give you lip service, telling what you want to hear, but he never does anything to correct the problem. He is a failure as a manager, He does not have the means to take command like a leader. In the military he would be removed from command as he should be here. Sir you know who I am. You are a total failure as a leader and should be removed. I hope the people reading this will make the moves needed to have you removed and do a clean swept.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Pulled up to window immediately. The manager working the drive-through started telling my husband our order. When he didn't hear he politely asked the manager to repeat that and the manager's exact response was "I just repeated the order. You didn't hear me." My husband responded "Obviously if I'm asking you to repeat my order then I didn't hear." Manager then states "Have a good day. I'm refusing your service" and closes the drive-through window.

Original review: April 15, 2019

The service at this McDonald’s is appalling. This morning I waited in the drive thru for almost 30 mins with only 2 cars in front of me. Unfortunately this is not the first time the service has taken this long and as a result of this I was late for work. They need to get their ** together.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Absolutely shocking service in McDonald’s in Kilkenny. Waited for ages for food. Had to approach the counter then to be told they had no salad for my order. Disgraceful experience. Will not be returning again. Their ordering system was all over the place with staff walking around not knowing who was waiting for what. Disgusted.

Original review: April 13, 2019

We were enjoying our meal (order no. 355) that is when we found a bug floating in our cold drink. We took the glass of Coke to the counter where at first we did not get attention. After telling them for the second time, a person heard and took the glass from our hand, saw the drink and threw it away, offering us for a refill. As if nothing had happened. It is unacceptable to get such a disappointing service and then poor approach to even solve the situation. After paying for your order and then not getting satisfactory service is very disheartening especially from a brand like "McDonald's". This happened in McDonald's CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.

Original review: April 8, 2019

McDonald's need to go back to basics. I've noticed over the last years that the cheese on their burgers and breakfast sandwiches and fish filet is not fully melted. Then I saw why, I observed that they remove patties out of a warming drawer, place the product on the bun and add a slice of cheese, not like before when they actually MELTED the cheese on the patty. It is like eating a pizza or grilled cheese sandwich without the cheese fully melted. Does NOT taste as good as expected. This is one of the reasons McDonald's is losing customers to other chains like In and Out which never lost their basics.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I asked for a hamburger with lettuce, tomatoes and pickles. A normal hamburger. I receive a sloppy slapped together hamburger with onions, pickles, and cheese and of course drenched in ketchup and charged 7.50 with small coke and fries. Come people with deserve better.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I strongly suggest you read this before using McDonald's horrible mobile app. On at least 5 occasions I have arrived at the restaurant and they said they had NO record of my order yet they charged my charge card. This happened at 4 different McDonald's. Each time the staff said there was nothing they could do about it even though I showed them on my phone the order processed. When I logged an issue on the McDonald's website I got a form response asking for the exact information I provided in the original ticket - clearly no one read my original message.

When I called them they said there was nothing they could do and said the only way anything could happen is if I issue a fraud complaint with my charge card, I do mobile ordering with Subway, Five Guys, Dunkin, Boston Market, Domino's, and Mooyah without any issues. So be warned this was happened to multiple times at different restaurants, they staff clearly has not been trained on what to do, corporate can't help you, and your credit card will be charged.

Original review: March 13, 2019

We go to McDonald's in Jane Mo. The last three times we had app ready to use discount and by time it was our turn to order MD had removed the offer. Complained to some guy named Joe. He refused to honor the offer. Wrote MD and they said app offers get deleted in the store like it was no big deal. More and more I am learning to dislike MD - terrible service, cardboard food and lack of care or concern for the consumer.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My daughter went to McDonald's tonight, waited 45 minutes for the food. Comes to find out they'd forgot her orders. And the restaurant wasn’t even busy. She saw some of the workers either on their cell phone or music earbuds in their ears. Had the manager out but she didn’t do a damn thing. This place is a joke. I had a complaint a while back, but never hear back from the corp. I've been stop going to McDonald for a long time now cause it's a joke.

Original review: March 10, 2019

This food chain is the worst I've ever seen in my entire life. I've been to just about every state except New York and Michigan and Wisconsin. I've ate at McDonald's across the U.S. because I travel for my job so I'm always on the go. I've went to numerous McDonald's and have the same issue. Every McDonald's I go to the service is always crappy. Customer service is very poor. The employees are always rude. Most of the time when you order food you expect to get what you pay for. They either hand you someone else's food or they hand you your food and leave things out of your bag. Such as this morning in Leesville, Louisiana. There is a McDonald's on Entrance Road and when I went there I first went there last night for dinner.

I ordered a number 6 which is a 10-piece nugget meal with large fry, large Coke. I get to the drive-thru window. Paid for my order. I get up there to the second window. They hand me my drink. Asked me to pull off in Lane number 6. So I did. Noticed there is another person waiting in line as well. This person I watched through my rearview mirror get an employee to bring him his food twice. I got out of my truck and asked the man in the vehicle how long has he been waiting. He said 15 minutes and he's running late for work now. I said, "Yeah I have 15 minutes as well to make it to work." Only because we both work on post therefore I told the man I said, "Yeah it's too bad it's not like it used to be at McDonald's." Customer service was very nice and polite and they were always granted five stars because of the simple reason they literally worked their ** off for their money however the people nowadays just does not care.

Needless to say I got my order and before the ** female if you want to call it that walked away from my truck. I hurried up and glanced in my bag just to find out I have a small fry. I turned around in my seat and hollered at the woman to come here. The woman walked back smiling. I said, "Do y'all ever check the bags before you deliver them to the customer." She said yes. I said, "Do you look at receipts before you do that." She said yes. I said, "Okay then explain to me why I have a small fry in my bag." She said, "That's because that's what you ordered" and with my receipt in my hand I smile back at her and stepped out of my truck and handed her my receipt and I said, "For your information. Now I know you're full of crap because I have my receipt in my hand which you do not have in your hand. You are not going to sit here and tell me that you glanced into my bag and made sure I had everything I needed."

She said, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I will go back in and get you a large fry." Keep in mind I've been sitting here waiting for 10 minutes. The conversation with the woman lead on about a minute and 30 seconds give or take. She went inside and magically disappeared. I waited a little longer. I finally got irritated and walk inside and ask the woman behind the counter where is the woman that I spoke with. It was handing me my food outside. She said, "I don't know what you're talking about. I said, "I need my large fries" so she handed me a large fry.

With that out of the way this morning I go in there leaving work to get a big breakfast with hotcakes and a double order of biscuits and gravy with a large Coke. The Coke was fine and the double order of biscuits and gravy would have been okay if the lid wasn't open when they handed it to me. However I did not have time this morning to glance into the bag because there was a line of traffic behind me. I was not trying to be rude to other customers so I was going to get out of their way noticing that there is no other parking spot. I went ahead and left and went home.

I made it to my home. I looked into my bag which was the tall white plastic bag that the big breakfast with hotcakes normally comes in. I open the bag up when I get to the house just to find out my biscuits and gravy or all over the inside of the bag. I was a little upset about that. No big deal though. I can still eat it. So I looked through the rest of my bag. Noticed there is no syrup, there is no fork, no napkins, no hash browns, no sausage and one pancake. So I said hell no. I Googled that store's number. Ask to speak to a manager. The manager was the one that I was talking to on the phone and it said, "How can I help you." I told the person I said I'm just calling to complain about my order. I said I ordered a big breakfast with hotcakes and a double order biscuits and gravy with a large Coke. There was no napkins, no straw, no fork, no syrup, no hash browns.

I told the manager of that store I live 15 miles down the road and I will be coming back into town within the next hour and ask the manager if he could give me my hash browns and my condiments. He said, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience sir but we have a strong strict policy against that we are not allowed to give you anything once you leave our property." I said already, "So you're just saying that you will not give me what I ordered." He said, "That is correct you have already left the property." Noticing how I downloaded an automatic recorder to my phone I had recorded this person saying this if I could be able to put this recording on here I would gladly do that so everyone could hear this ignoramus ** tell his customer that he will not give him his order.

I told the manager that I will be contacting corporate because it's not just their location that's at fault on this so I Google corporate's number. It went on for a few minutes with automated talking then directed me to someone which was a lady that represents McDonald's in some sort. I told her my problem. She kept trying to interrupt me by saying she apologizes. I told her three times I'm not asking for an apology. I'm asking for a resolve for the problem because y'all are really making things difficult for your customers on your own due to the simple fact that y'all give customers crappy service.

I said, "Hell, Wendy's and Burger King doesn't give this crappy service and a lot of times I choose Wendy's over McDonald's" and she says, "Would you like to speak to a corporate manager?" I said, "Isn't that what you told me you was?" She said, "No sir I did not." I said, "Yes ma'am you did because I have you right here saying it." She said, "What do you mean." I said, "You know how you said this call is being recorded. Well I also told you this call is being recorded and seeing how you did not listen to what I told you you just kept on babbling out of your mouth." She said, "So I am being recorded." I said, "That is 100% correct."

She said, "Well I will tell you this right now. I do not give you permission to record me and I will sue you if you try anything funny. I told the lady I said, "You'll hear something funny. McDonald's is the biggest joke that's ever been and ever will be and hopefully will be no longer because y'all are basically idiots with no purpose. Y'all hire high school kids that does not care about anything in the world except for making some pocket cash so they can go buy them some rolling papers and get them some smoke and get laid. That's all they care about other than that being on their cell phone while trying to take orders and serve customers."

The lady started acting very disgruntled with me and I really did not care because I've had enough with this McDonald's crap. I know back when I was a young teenager McDonald's didn't have a dine-in or drive-thru. It was you pull up into their parking lot. You walk up to the window. You order your food just like at a Dairy Bar. You get your food within the first 45 seconds of your wait and definitely did not get told to pull over in another parking spot so you could wait even longer. But back then customer service was very very excellent.

Everything was perfect and then they started franchising themselves out even further then it begin to be a big deal. McDonald's was everywhere. Then it began to be crappy service. When I was young I loved eating there but now it's beginning to be an issue for quick in and out fix for food. Very crappy service. I'm very unsatisfied and they make more money now than they have ever and they still complain about. This job sucks how I told an employee at McDonald's. One time the job is only how you make it and I told her I said I've been in the military for 28 years and there's one term that I have learned throughout my 28 years of service. She said, "What's that?" I said, "Embrace the suck."

I told her I said, "What you need to do is walk out that door, quit your job and go flush toilets for a living because that's apparently the only thing you're qualified to do not caring." Whether or not I hurt the person's feelings when they do this to themselves no one does this to them. When a person shows up for work disgruntled that is their own personal problem and which should not be relayed towards their customers. You are not supposed to deviate from company policy and I have firmly read their policy in their online website under their career area. That's saying the customer is always right goes both ways. Needless to say this morning is my last stop in McDonald's. From now on my wife and children will no longer be visiting their franchise either. Words of wisdom. I would go to another franchise that offers better customer service and quality.

McDonalds Company Information