1.67/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

McDonalds

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

1105 McDonalds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

My husband was fired from the McDonalds on TVA road for lies. The general manager was not even at work. They sent him home. He was told to return the next day for his shift. Upon returning the general manager fired him for supposedly being smart with managers. She said she had audio of the incident but she does not because he didn't do it. I won't stop here. I won't tolerate him being fired over a lie. This McDonalds is nasty and the employees are lazy.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I usually never write reviews. This morning, after eating in McDonalds located in Sonora, California, I felt that the chain had really stepped up. Their new decor, updated menus on large screens, and a great music selection playing in the background deserves great merit. I am 41 years old, and just thought a good job McDonalds was deserving. I read other reviews and am horrified at others experiences. I'm glad my nearest McDonalds is not the same. The kids that work there are courteous and it's very pleasant to patronize this restaurant.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I just came back from drive-thru in Hot Springs and I ordered chicken nuggets, and fish sandwich and, a chicken sandwich and small fries, med fries and a sweet tea. The chicken nuggets were drowning in oil and tasted like an old socks. My husband's fish and chicken sandwich was not edible. The fries were very greasy and tasted stale. We have never had bad food from there before. I was very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

The McDonald’s on North Bend is horrible! Some senior management needs to do something about it! They get orders wrong and not one of them greet you as a customer. They act like you're a pain in the butt and bothering them! Nobody ever says Thank You!!! Never. How sad that simple customer service cannot be expected! I mean how about a damn thank you! What I’m buying is paying your check!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

First of all your food looks nothing nearby than what you advertise. Secondly, it tastes like **, I ordered $3 worth of **, not once not twice but I gave you three chances, each on different cities (Patna, Kota and Delhi) but I can count on you to serve me the worst you can serve. I ordered and start eating, I'm not ultra rich but when I took the bite it was like I'm on streets eating leftovers from dustbin, I felt so poor that I got tears in my eyes. Your fries are always soggy and with no blend of spices.

Your burger and patties both were bland with some bland cheese on it, I have never tasted anything so bland in my life, if there wasn't coke I would have thrown that garbage into its place and have started screaming, but come helping me digesting it. Please anybody reading it, come to India and specially Mumbai and eat 10 cents worth of "vada pav", you would forget what is McDonalds. Even my local street vendor (near my house), makes better drinks, fries and burger. Please stop looting the whole world, I would never step into any McDonalds in my life, your food is crappy only employees are nice. I'm not loving it... Hey but I prefer Domino's, it's expensive too but at least its cheese is real and tasty and specially not bland.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about McDonalds?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I purchased a sausage biscuit and egg white delight, but was told that the sausage biscuit was not eligible for BOGO. I then ordered an egg McMuffin as my "free" sandwich. The register took the lower priced sausage biscuit off... Even though it is not supposed to be eligible. I called to complain and was transferred to Ben in the App Department on 10/6 at 8:15 AM. He told me several times to read the fine print of the app. I finally got him to agree that the breakfast sandwich should not have been taken off. He stated there was a glitch in the system. I asked him what he was going to do about me being overcharged and he said "Nothing". After I asked him his name and if the call was recorded. After giving me his name and number, he hung up on me.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Took my elderly grandmother to the McDonald's at 9500 Liberty Rd, Randallstown, MD. I ordered extra-value meals for us both. I ordered an Egg McMuffin meal, with an OJ; I was later told OJ was not available. Instead, I was given a soda. However, I realized I was up-charged for a soda (I thought one came with meal). When I mentioned this to the clerk, she said: "Well, I don't know what to tell you". Later, I noticed a placard on the table that advertised a free apple pie with an extra value meal. The clerk told me the placard was old. Why was it still on the table? No one could answer the question. Stay from this place.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

At the McDonald's on Paxton Rd in Cincinnati Ohio I ordered a medium fry for 1.99. What I got was a small fry inside of a medium carton. This is the second time this has happened. You know that pinching the fry carton scheme that McDonald's is denying? Well they didn't even bother with the pinch, they just flat out shorted me.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Yesterday I visited the McDonalds near the UK campus on 357 South Limestone, Lexington, Kentucky. My wife walked across the street to eat with a friend at Chipotle. I wanted to eat at McDonald's. Because she didn't join me at McDonald's they towed my car. It sat on their parking lot for a total of 8 minutes before they towed it. When I was finished eating, I had to inform her they towed her car and walk a mile to get back to where I was. I'm a 100% disabled veteran. You would think they would have taken all of this into consideration. Nope, I was told that because she didn't join me they towed my car. It cost me $139.00 in tow fees. The staff were rude and stated "Oh Well" when I asked for a manager to come outside. The coward hid in his office I am guessing. Until resolved I am going to leave a review in every area I can find a place to leave a review. What a terrible way to treat a customer and a veteran.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Went in with my kids, upon entering the supervisor was walking around barefooted. Ordered our food, there was dirt in the drinks, food itself was never served yet employees claimed they already served it. And friend went to eat her Big Mac and found a bug in the box. When I called the supervisor he treated me like it was my fault and told me maybe I shouldn't go there anymore.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017
    The last several years of higher than usual price hikes was the looming "minimum wage" terror. Yet they had the money to pay for automated kiosks to replace humans. Today, as every day I go in for my breakfast and medium coke. Instead I get a double whammy, not only is my coke are $2.30 EACH rather than $1.00.

I ask why. I get told the $1 coke is now $2.30, not even the $1.80 it was before the "sale" AND that there is no more all day breakfast though I was there before noon.

You do a search online for McDonald's prices specific to your franchise location, and they have a link to "prices" but they NEVER show you prices. I call the store itself, the manager is combative right off "why do you want to know the price?" As if what business is it of mine. After I explain he tries to claim McD has been losing money with the minimum wage, ironic as he is Filipino. I point out that I've just been on the internet trying to find their SECRET PRICES and that I can link him with the report that McD had record profits again this year.

In the end he told me he did not know the price BEFORE the sale, only that after the sale it was $2.13 plus GST and taxes $2.21 "rounded off" to $2.30. Rather than debate his math I gave up. This is the worst of greed and customer disservice. There was the foreign worker scandal, we had here as well, unlike when I was a boy, there were "some" familiar faces week to week which maybe we should start avoiding. Such businesses who cannot keep employees especially as the Canadian employees openly complain about not being able to get enough hours.

I worked at Safeway in the 70s when they busted the union, promising great price savings for the customers, instead just price hikes. I see McDonald's doing the same thing here, even as food prices fell, record profits, they advertise a "sale campaign" and even without declaring it closed, they hit you with price increases. MCDONALDS LURES YOU IN WITH ADVERTISED SALES WHICH ARE PRICE HIKES. Illegal or what? Signed disgusted and offended customer who can't even pull out of drive-through disgusted by deception.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I'm a Veteran and McDonald's store #3913 managers and employees are very disrespectful and misrepresent the surveys I take time to fill out online. Every other McDonalds I visit honor the finished survey with the code with no hassles and a smile!!! Forest City's McDonalds store # 3913 manager are disgraceful and practice false advertising while lying in a unprofessional manner that my survey states I must order a food product and the receipt never stated I must order a Quarter Pounder or Big Mac... I ordered a Double Cheeseburger without pickles or onions and drove away after a 5 minute hassle-shake down from the manager double teaming me. THE SURVEY WAS NOT HONORED AS A HARD WORKING VETERAN. MY ORDER WASN'T CORRECT... DISAPPOINTED VETERAN 3 TIMES.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I very rarely eat fast food. When I do, I eat at McDonald's. It's the one I have always liked the best, so now I don't bother with others. Not a great source for a steady diet, but, when you want it, you really want it. My favorite is Filet-O-Fish!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

It all depends on which city or even country you are in. My sisters and I have gone to Jamaica and the young people who waited on us were respectful and the restaurant was very neat. But, many of the inner city McDonalds in the USA act as if you, the customer, annoy them and the service is way too slow to be fast food. The food is not that great.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

The last 2 times I went to McDonald's and tried to use my McDonald's cell phone app to get "buy one get one free" sandwich they told me the app was down and I couldn't get the discount. So I paid full price. I went home and wrote a complaint on the McDonald's site but they have not contacted me about it. I will be going somewhere else from now on. Poor customer service. They could have at least posted a sign at the drive through that their app was not working. Or they could have honored the app which I showed them on my phone.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

The soft drink machines at the store located on Woodward Ave & South Blvd in Pontiac, MI needs improvement in surface cleanliness. The drive thru service varies throughout the day. At midnight, there could be as many as 5-7 cars waiting for food. The kids are nice but they can only perform as well as they are trained. I think it's time for a spot check.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Very interesting thing, you can never imagine it at a Mcdonald's. I visited India-Ahmedabad Miraj Cinema outlet on 2nd Aug 2017 with family and ordered 6 McAloo Tikki burgers. When it was given, it didn't have tomato slice. When asked they replied that it is stopped. Can you believe that a MNC, global brand like Mcdonald's can stop tomato because of its high prices!!! Very strange and pathetic.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

As far as fast food goes I still think Mcdonalds is best. Good value and price and they are changing their menu for better nutritional value. They also are changing their restaurant configuration for faster drive thru service.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

McDonald's is an iconic place to go and eat. I remember when we went when I was a child. I used to get the equivalent of a happy meal. The only difference is I got 2 cartons of milk. Fond memories.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I haven't been to a McDonalds in over 10 years but since I heard they sell breakfast all day, I Decided to try it. I went to McDonalds in Bath, Ohio on West Market Street's drive through restaurant at approximately 6:15 PM and ordered the big breakfast with hot cakes, a bacon egg and cheese bagel, a medium fry, a McFlurry with M&M's, sweet tea and a kiddie cone. The woman told me it would be $15.35. I pulled up to the window and was told that they didn't sell the bagel sandwich that time of the day so I asked to replace it with another big breakfast without the hot cakes. She then told me that the big breakfast wasn't available that time of day either. So I asked if the hot cakes and sausage was available like the commercial claimed and she said yes and so that left my order being 2 hot cakes and sausage, medium fries, the m&m flurry, sweet tea and the kiddie cone. She told me that it would be $11.14.

I paid and pulled up to the food window and was handed 1 hot cake and sausage, medium fries, the m&m flurry and a kiddie cone. I asked where the tea and other hot cakes were and was told she didn't charge me for the tea or the other hot cakes. I looked up the prices online later: hot cakes and sausage costs $3.19, medium fries $1.79, M&M McFlurry $1.69, kiddie cone $1.00. That totals $7.67. I asked her if that should cost $11.14 like I paid and she asked if I had a receipt proving that I paid that amount with an attitude and of course the lady that took the money didn't give me one. She could tell I was getting upset and said she would bring out the other hot cakes and sausage.

I pulled up and waited 15 minutes and realized they were not going to bring it out to me. I had my dog in the car and wasn't going to leave her in a hot car and so I just left. I tried to get a number from their website to make a complaint but every time I tried to do anything on their website, it wouldn't let me do anything unless I created an account that allows them to send me unlimited emails - no thanks!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I go here mainly for coffee or iced tea. Sometimes Ice cream, or small fries. These two drinks if the McDonald's is a franchise, cost .99 + tax, and have really good flavor! For a cheap not too bad treat, the Ice cream cone is also super affordable.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

This morning the 19th August at approximately 0740hrs I used the drive thru at Otara McDonald's. I waited and waited for service. I decided to drive thru to the pay window and waited there with no service. I then decided to drive to the pickup window. A girl appeared at the window and I explained my issue. She apologised, closed the window and disappeared. Then a male appeared and informed me that I would have to go round and join the line again, I found this very annoying and by apologies it appears it's ok. Drove off and went elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

The McDonald's by my home is run by an ignorant manager who I have seen not wearing a hair net or gloves then put her hand in the fresh french fries to get herself some. That turned me off completely. If you go to the manager with a problem all you get is a snippy attitude. She is not manager material and should honestly work behind the scenes and get a more suitable manager.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Some chains are great. Some are awful. Depends which one. The one I go to on Cedar Creek Rd is Awesome! Every one fast and friendly. It’s so busy yet they get it done and mistakes are made when they are busy but they correct it with a smile. I can make my food any way I want there.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

McDonald's has always provided good service as a rule. The menu gives us a good choice to select from and basically overall the value is good. When McDonalds can beat the price of a latte of surrounding stores, this is a good thing.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I don't get one of the biggest companies around here with fast food and you can never get anything hot. Something that's been sitting in a container. Their attitudes they don't know what they're doing and completely rude. Barely understand English sometimes. But the big thing is a food. 90% of the time the food is cold. They would have a great product if it was fresh but they are definitely quantity over quality.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

McDonald's has really stepped up with money saving promotions. You can get a small milkshake for $2, small drink for $1. They have an all day breakfast menu. They have great deals on food items too.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Friendly staff and dependable fare. Great place for a fast meal with good selection. There is something for everybody while prices remain reasonable.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Why would anyone eat at this place where there is a sign posted that not only does their food have cancer causing ingredients but just being in the general vicinity can also cause cancer. The sad thing is you don't see the sign until after you have ordered their food & you've already sat in their drive through line & are about to pay for the garbage you just ordered!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

McDonald's has always had a cool mobile app I use every time I go. I go more often because I get deals on my iPhone. Today, was heading there and realized they changed the mobile app and now forced to register. Tried to register in 2 ways, email & Facebook. Both failed with errors. Can't look at deals or obtain. Really bad migration guys. Hire some decent IT developers and test before you deploy!

McDonalds Company Information