1.50/5
Based on 109 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1175 McDonalds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 14, 2018

The last few times we have eaten at McDonald's in Shrewsbury, Il the food steadily has gone downhill. Tonight, 7/13/18 will be my last time there. The cheese is never melted on the sandwich, most the time the bread is stale. Now the fries, cold, limp, transparent and disgusting! It's hard for me to believe that I actually liked them at one time! They were so bad tonight that I had to take a couple pictures... Enjoy... or rather not???

Original review: July 13, 2018

McDonald's Restaurant 13875 Walsingham Road Largo, FL - I ordered a large French Fry at approximately 7:20 pm. Since it was the only thing I was eating, I asked that the French Fries be made fresh. When I arrived at the 2nd window it had only been a minute, so I knew they couldn't have fried them in such a short time. I asked the server if the were fried fresh and she said "Bye." No "thank you", just "bye." The french fries were stale and not very hot. Poor quality product delivered by rude wait staff. Now I remember why I haven't been to a McDonalds in months, for $3 you just disrespected, lied to and cheated on a meal.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 11, 2018

Went there with my granddaughter to get a happy meal. Disaster. First, although there were 3 people behind the counter (and others farther back) and no other customers there, the oldest male said, “We'll be right with you.” Then all he proceeded to work on a drink machine and the other two stood there are watched him. He made some drink while they watched. 6 minutes later one of the "watchers" came over and asked if he could help me. I ordered a Happy Meal with 6 chicken McNuggets, Strawberry Gogurt and chocolate milk, and an apple pie. He charged me $6 and change which I thought was a little high for a happy meal. Then when they put it on the counter, it was in a bag and he tried to give me a cup to get a soda. I asked where the happy meal was and he acted like he never heard of a Happy Meal.

One of the other people came over and transferred the food into a Happy Meal box and he once again tried to give me a cup. When I asked for the milk we ordered he seemed to be oblivious as to where that might be located. Finally he found the milk and put it all on the counter. When I said I thought he overcharged me (he actually rang everything up a la carte) he just said he was sorry. A women did come outside as I was leaving and asked what was wrong and I told her. She said if I would come back in she would credit my card with the overpayment. Sorry, but I just wanted to get away from that place so I declined. I pray I never need to go in that place again.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Went to McDonalds drive thru in Murfreesboro, NC on June 21 at lunch time. The lady taking the orders was very nice & accommodating. I had 3 separate orders & she didn’t flinch at that. She repeated it all back & was very efficient. The lady that took my money & gave us our food was also very nice & accommodating. It was such a pleasant experience that I will go back to that store again. Employees at other stores could learn from these nice ladies.

Original review: June 15, 2018

On or about June 14, 2018, at approximately 10:38 p.m. I went inside the McDonald's Restaurant located at 107 7th North Street in Liverpool, New York 13088 of which claims to be open 24 hours a day. Upon my entering the restaurant I notice three ** people eating, and one at the counter being served. The ** girl (chubby) behind the counter looked at me. She saw me as a 62-year-old veteran ** guy and stated, "We are kind of closed." I immediately left the restaurant which in inside PILOT TRUCK STOP.

I tried to call the McDonald's consumer complaint line, but it was not open. This is a clear pattern and practice of McDonald's restaurants in the Greater Syracuse area. The same thing happened a few years ago at McDonald's on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse, New York. McDonald's clearly discriminates with the ** people (employees) denying food service to ** people. The McDonald's Restaurants in Liverpool and Syracuse and very bad ratings on Google. Clearly, there is a failure to train and supervise.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about McDonalds?

Original review: June 7, 2018

My husband has been working there for 4 years and kept getting sexually harassed by a female co worker. When he went to tell the manager she just laughed in his face and so he ended up quitting because they would not do anything about it. I will continue to fight on his behalf until something is done about it. I think it's ridiculous!!!

Original review: June 6, 2018

As a consumer, I am embarrass this is a American based company. As TRUMP screams, "Make America great again." chips is the pathetic corporate ** we have to offer. Poor food quality brainwashing parents to take their children there for some STUPID toy.

Original review: June 6, 2018

This evening, as has been the case for many in the last few months, we go to the location on Canton Highway in Marietta, GA. The order is the same: 3 plain cheeseburgers. Most typically there is a very pleasant person at the drive-through window. She is sitting... smiling... welcoming. For all the "grief" Micky-D gets, there is no doubt that the training... and the eagerness-to-please by of the vast majority of their employees... is equal to Fresh Hot Fries, Cold Coke and Quarter Pounder with Cheese. Most of you know that I mean. Great location. ****** That's 6 Stars!

Original review: June 4, 2018

The new salt is horrible. I will not return to any McDonalds again unless they bring back the old salt. The new salt is just regular cheap table salt that doesnt stick to the food. It bounces off and tastes horrible!!! Why did they do this??? Terrible. I will go to Burger King.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Everytime me and my sister come here, we order stuff and when we use a free coupon for a meal, we get charged for extra stuff we did not order, like stuff. And when the people bring the stuff to our table, it ends up being the wrong stuff and sometimes for take-out, they forget to put some of the food in our bag. They have terrible service and I would not recommend to come here. And we found used condoms in the bathroom. Shame shame you know your name.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Being on a budget I figured I'd stop into one of the local McD's. Ordered a double cheeseburger with bacon, small fries and large coke. The coke was just that coke and I was happy with it. But never have I ever been so dissatisfied with that nasty tasting burger... yuck! Tried a couple bites and tossed it in the garbage along with half of my fries. Now I never have tossed a McD's burger in the trash and it has turned me off on McD's for a spell and I will surely never order a yucky double cheeseburger with bacon.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I did not have a good experience. While I was sitting in the drive thru it took 5 mins for me to order then another 10 mins to receive my food. When I got home my grits was not fully cooked. The grits was watered down and hard. I would have went back for a refund but I don't stay in the area. The service there is terrible. They have you just sitting there. I don't know if they are short on staff but that doesn't make any sense to run a FAST food business like that.

Original review: May 27, 2018

This was one of the absolute WORST McDonalds experiences I’ve ever had. My friend and I went to the McDonalds on Division St & I ordered a large drink, 1 small fry and chipotle snack wrap, while my friend ordered a McChicken meal. When I received my order, the snack wrap was loaded with sauce, making it soggy by the time I opened it, my fries were stone cold, and I received 2 small fries instead of the 1 small fry I ordered, probably to make up for the fact that it was so cold, but both fries were so cold to the point where I couldn’t eat either one. This whole meal was a disappointment!!??? Absolutely disgusting!! Worst $11.28 spent ??? We will not be returning to this location as we are very displeased with our experience.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I rarely go to McDonald's, but for ME it was a once in a blue moon treat and so I went with my new friend Mark ** to the location at: 1231 South La Brea Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90019. We both had Big Macs with cheese and french fries and I had a chocolate shake to go on top of it! The food was okay, but it was the overall experience of just being there which is what I enjoyed; not just the food! I want to personally Thank Mark ** for taking ME there back on Tuesday, May 22, 2018.

Original review: May 23, 2018

La Cañada 91011. SENIORS ON FIXED INCOME. DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS ONE ON FOOTHILL BLVD OFF THE 210 FREEWAY. Completed the Survey for the Coffee then received BOGO quarter-pound hamburger. By the picture expected more for $5.00 than a cold and tasteless bun and patty disguised as ‘meat’ needing a microscope to find the pickle. The second one about 40-minutes later was a little better but not by much. All I heard was 'sorry'. Nothing to make the experience right like Starbucks would. Completed a second survey with comments on the worst overpriced rubbish. Anywhere!

Original review: May 21, 2018

The new 1/4 pounder looks very good on TV with the nice thick fresh beef and the cheese dripping out, fact is though it's still just the old one made to look better for TV but when you open it it looks nothing like it does in the commercial. The flavor has not changed and the price they charge is a joke. Wendy's is less and has more flavor and In-N-Out put it to shame. I had to try it at least once but I won't be trying it a second time. It was very disappointing to say the least.

Original review: May 11, 2018

2 can Dine for $11.48 - The CSR who took my order (in which I advised upon ordering that I had a coupon) would not Honor my coupon at check out. He stated and I quote "I do not have to accept your coupon", "and I do not have to, and I will not adjust your total". I was completely shocked. Still, I am not even sure if he was joking... But he was not. This review will not change the fact that McDonalds is a multi millionaire company... And more than likely, will never this.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I went to the counter and asked the girl to make fresh coffee. It was May 8, 2018 approximately 8:30 pm. They did not provide a receipt. The girl agreed. (She was a manager/at least she wore a manager shirt) The owner's granddaughter served me out of the other pot. When the girl explained I was waiting, the granddaughter got confrontational with the employee and then with me saying if I had a problem then don't come back to her store claiming I complained multiple times. Last year or maybe two years ago I called because they gave me rotten expired apples with my oatmeal.

Original review: April 27, 2018

McDonald's in East Palatka Florida - I have had to wait over 5 min. numerous times before someone even comes over the intercom to take my order. The last time I waited just to find out the ice cream machine was down, so I was unable to get the item I wanted anyway. This store consistently has issues with timely manner in the Drive-Thru.

Original review: April 27, 2018 In drive thru made order. At window drive thru lady looks at me and puts food on table. Then I wait. She comes back and says, "What you need." I said, "My food".

Oh. And Toss me the bag. Excluding syrup and butter that is a part of meal. I wait till she comes back. And she Toss bag in mine. Grumpy look. Then I left. Notice still missing items. I came in told them what happened. They refuse to heat up my food and give what is on order. Then refused refund. Manager extremely rude to me and said she don't care I not get refund. And continued serving her Hispanic customers over me in this predicament.

Original review: April 26, 2018

My daughter and I went to McDonald's in Chicago IL on Tuesday April 24, 2018. We both had the steak, egg, and cheese bagels. I was eating and thought I had swallowed something. I was perplexed and thought that maybe it was the edge of the bagel or something. Literally minutes later, my daughter was shocked and pulled something out of her mouth. It was a bone. Not only that, she has several little pieces in her mouth. She went to the bathroom and spit it out. I went to the manager and showed the piece to her. I told her I wanted an incident report. She filled out one for my daughter and I. I saved the receipts for the original sale and the refund. I took pictures as well. We were so grossed out that I threw it all out.

On Wednesday April 25, 2018. I woke up and sat at my computer. Where I literally went on myself. I had diarrhea and bad stomach cramps. I went to work and my daughter was calling me after I got there. Bad stomach pains as well. I left work and took her to the emergency room. We both were looked at and I was told that whatever I swallowed and we ate was in passing. We were told we had a stomach virus and was given an antacid and antispasmodic colon medicine which is a regimen for 7 days. Grew up on McDonald's but will never eat there again.

Original review: April 26, 2018

My name is Rev. Joey **, I Pastor a Church here in Raleigh North Carolina, I go to McDonalds here on Louisburgh/ Spring Forest Road. I eat breakfast there every morning, but on the morning of April 20, 2018, at around 10 AM, I bought a biscuit, I consumed half of it until I bit down on an object that was pretty large in size. It scraped my gum and I removed it from my mouth and so happens that an Employee was just passing by and got the Regional Manager who was on duty at that time. His name was Charles **, we both took pictures of the object and he took my Information and retrieved the foreign object to send off and be Investigated.

I immediately regurgitated and got sick to my Stomach and went to the emergency room at Wake Medical Hospital on New Bern Ave. in Raleigh, where I was there for many hours getting Flushed Out and treated for nausea and vomiting and stomach pains, I have yet, to hear from anyone concerning this matter and I am beginning to look at McDonalds in a different light. I do not deserve this kind of treatment, but I feel that the power and money that Mcdonalds have and success in business have drawn them to not care about the customers who Legitimately Complain against the imperfections, Therefore, I have a hospital bill and haven't heard from any Insurance Company or attorney to address any physical or punitive damages that I have endured since this happened.

Therefore, with my Church as my witness, I will if necessary, allow my Church and the community, to boycott this restaurant until this is financially settled. I have access to media and pictures and I am well respected in Raleigh, So before this happens, I offer you the opportunity, right now to get this right with me, and for future customers. Thank you much.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Raw chicken McNuggets - We ordered from McDonalds Northgate Cyberzone Alabang, Muntinlupa delivery April 19, at 4:30 PM. They delivered it fried outside but raw inside (bloody and cold). 2 children who ate some had stomach pain. I called hotline and wrote customer care in the Philippines. I got a response 3 hours after. I know McDonald's has a good image and reputation but tainted by a branch with poor quality and very bad customer service.

Original review: April 18, 2018

McDonald's US Hwy 1 South Saint Augustine, Florida - I have many time waited in line at the drive-thru and inside for as long as 15 minutes for an ice cream cone or shake to find out the ice cream machine doesn’t work. It would be nice to have a sign outside stating the machine is out of order so we don’t have to go through this.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Monday night around 8 pm went thru the drive-thru, ordered 1/4 pounder, double 1/4 pounder & happy meal (for granddaughter), when the rude employee gave us our food our 1/4 pounders were basically thrown together & tasted horrible & my granddaughter's fries were cold as well!! 9 times out of 10 they never get my order right & the food is almost always cold & almost not worth eating & the fries always taste like they’ve been sitting around all day!! Service in the drive-thru is ALWAYS slow even if there’s no other customers in the line! McDonald’s South Highland is the absolute WORST fast food restaurant I’ve been to!!

Original review: April 10, 2018

Monday April 9, 2018 at around 2:20 pm I was with my mom and decided I wanted to stop and get something to eat because I haven't ate all day. I asked my mom if she can make a quick stop at the McDonalds at Port Union in Scarborough so I can get food. I ordered just a double cheese burger sandwich and that's all. I just needed something to hold my hunger for the moment, since I haven't ate.

Then we drove off to get my daughter from school. Picked up my daughter asked her if she wanted a bite of my burger and she took a bit and said she didn't want anymore because she doesn't really like McDonalds or fast food. Then I took a bite and bit into something hard, thank God it wasnt my 5 year old daughter who bit it and thank God I didnt break a tooth. If I had chomped down hard I probably would of broke a tooth. Then I spit out the piece of burger that was in my mouth and felt the meat to find what it was I had bitten into. I came across what appeared to be a little piece of bone, I was so disgusted and traumatized, I've never experienced a piece of bone or whatever that hard substance was in my burgers before. My mom said maybe it's bone from them grinding the beef, but that isn't acceptable. If it had been my daughter who bit that piece instead of me she could of broke a tooth or choked.

I was so disgusted and said I'll never eat from McDonalds again. Like I said I was hungry and just needed something to put in my stomach and McDonalds was on the way home, but usually I wouldn't buy McDonalds because it's always something, but this was the final straw. I'm sure the seagulls enjoyed the burger though cause I gave it to them but I should of brought it back and got my money back and take a picture to show them. I was just too mad to drive back and I had to pick up my 5 year old daughter from school, so I didn't bother go back to McDonalds. I definitely will NOT be going back to McDonalds for any of their food EVER!

Original review: April 7, 2018

McDonald's has updated most of their stores in our area to a double window. It's been a miserable experience since. Average wait time of 20-40min per visit. They simply do not have the manpower to adequately operate two windows. I feel like they're getting more business because people are expecting them to be able to handle it when in reality people are just getting frustrated.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I had the WORST experience tonight at the McDonalds off Sterling and 40 highway in Independence, MO tonight. I got there and parked to pull up my app, I was going to do a mobile order but after fighting with the app for 10 min I decided just to have them scan the coupon at the window because I noticed it wasn't a mobile order only coupon, but when I got to the window the code for them to scan wouldn't load. I fiddled with the app more trying to get it to work. The manager came over and asked if there was a problem and I said, "The ** app won't load the coupon and I'm trying to get it to pull up". She immediately took offense and acted like I shot her dog or something cause I said the f word. It wasn't even directed at her. I was frustrated with the app.

I asked the guy if he could just honor the coupon. He went to ask and came back and said no he couldn't. He needed to scan it. I played with the app a couple more minutes and finally got it to pull up and he scanned it and I paid for my food. I asked him what the managers name was and he wouldn't answer me. The manager came in the room just then and she ignored my question too acting like I wasn't there and closed the door. I gave up and pulled forward and she stood in the other window so I wanted to get her picture so I could tell corporate who she was because no one would give me her name and decided just to record the rest of my visit because of them ignoring me. She saw my phone and flipped out. Whatever. So I tried to get her name a couple more times but they wouldn't give it to me. I didn't realize it at first but they were not getting me my food and started to just have the other customers pull ahead of me.

The employees were smirking and having a good old time when they would pass the window. The kid that took my order came to the window and said he forgot what I ordered and I told him to, "Please stop playing. Just make the food" because I had to get to work. You can hear an employee tell a car behind me just to go around me and they'll get their food. I tried to get the girl ignoring me at the windows attention at the end of the video but she wouldn't acknowledge me. I waited over 15 min since I paid before I had enough and went inside. My camera had stopped recording then. One of the young teen boy employees said shes inside now all excited like he was having a good old time with what was going on.

The manager asked again what I had ordered and said she'd make it now. Everyone was smirking and laughing. I asked the curly haired kid from the video for the owners name and he said he couldn't help me with that. The owner came in and the lady tried to tell her she had already given me my food. She also said the employees told her I was trying to get my food for free. She wasn't concerned about them purposely making me wait about 20 min for an order she was able to make for me in 2 minutes. She told me It doesn't Matter if I contact corporate because it will just go back to her. I will never eat McDonalds again after how I was treated and I recommend you don't either.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Breakfast vs Lunch Time - I drove thru the McDonalds at 89th and Penn in Oklahoma City at approximately 1020 (I was not aware it was before 1030 to be honest) on 4 Apr 18 and ordered a small fries and some children's milk (for my grand daughter who was in the car with me) - the person taking my order asked me to repeat what my second item was so again I said a children's milk with the small fries. She then told me to get my total at the window. There was a long line of cars in the drive thru's so I had to wait a while. When I finally got to the window the young man at the window said they were not serving fries yet. I said the girl did not tell me that when I ordered. He said nothing - So I said I was taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Your large lids for the Styrofoam tea cups have not fit for the longest time. I know I am not the only person to complain. The lids constantly pop off causing spills every single time. I have ruined clothes and important papers because of this not to mention my car now has tea and soda stains on the seats and carpets.

McDonalds Company Information