1.59/5
  • 1 star
Based on 105 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 11, 2017

1113 McDonalds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

McDonald's, My name is Ellen and every morning my grandson and I go to our local McDonald's. We have 2 sausage burritos with mild sauce and 1 small eggnog shake since they became available (don't let his mom know). The issue is that both the McDonald's that are close by have a huge sign advertising all small shakes (by name) for $2.00. Yet, even after we have complained several times to no avail, they still charge us $2.35 and nowhere is that price listed on the menu. I thought today I'd go in and order to see what they did with a different order? You can see in the picture it's clearly marked as $2.00. So it seems like that is false advertising to me? I also have photo of both the receipts and the reader board... The locations of the McDonald's are S.W. Nyberg Road and the other is on S. W. Boone's Ferry Road. Both are in Tualatin.

I called the corporate offices and they said that they would have to contact the local owners association to address it? I gave them my info, but he sounded like I might not get a response from them anyways... Is this right? It seems like it's not a big deal for 35 cents, but it makes me angry that they don't honor the posted pricing...

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Paintsville KY McDonalds - Went through the drive thru and had ordered a basket of fries, a coffee and a med Coke Zero. Asked for hot mustard sauce, was only given 1 and the lady said if you want more you have to pay. How rude and insulting. I didn't ask for more than one. Got to my office and took a drink of my soda to discover it was Mr Pibb. Nasty! They should focus more on getting orders correct than being rude. The restaurant always smells on the inside like feet! Very unclean eating area.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I have provided accurate feedback to McDonalds several times about filth and terrible service at different locations. I have never once received a response from McDonalds leading me to believe that they really don't care about their customers. As a disgruntled consumer I have taken the best response. I do not patronize any McDonalds anymore. There are far superior choices for travelers.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

The bathroom is dirty, you can smell it from the register line. You can smell racism from the workers by laughing so hard at an Asian guy after he got mad & yelling in his accent at somebody who took over his line. My order came out after waiting for about 15-20 minutes, which is too long for a fast food restaurant! One of the order was mistakenly made, when my child confronted it to the worker, the woman who prepared it said it was as we ordered even though the picture at the back of the register look completely different & lack of something in it which is the onion, & the sauce she put in was also the wrong sauce.

My child had to show them the receipt then she made another one, without saying sorry, no nothing! Few weeks ago I ordered an iced mocha latte as it's shown in the picture on the register table & at their back, it came out different without the whipped cream, & the taste was not good either! I don't keep the receipt for this purchase, however I took a pic of it. The worst experience with fast food restaurant!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I ordered $11 worth of food and I showed the young man my phone and he scanned it for the Free Fry Friday. Then I realized it wasn't on the receipt. I brought to the attention of the manager and she told me I'd have to order more food to get the fries and I told her I already got $11 worth of food and show them the receipt. And she said because it didn't show it on the receipt is nothing she could do. I think that was wrong.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about McDonalds?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I went to one in North Las Vegas NV. I regret coming here because they lacked customer service, one of the workers just saw me and ignored me instead of greeting and assisting me and other workers were in the back talking. Whatever happen to customers should always be first? My other complaint was they had terrible food. I was so dissatisfied with my meal. The fries were soggy and drenched with oil, as for the chicken sandwich too chewy, and my chocolate chip cookie was like a hockey puck. They really need to get better management. They seem to never clean their bathrooms as well. Very dirty.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

When I got my ice cream cone, the gal at the window had her bare fingers all over the cone. I asked if she could wrap it in a napkin, she said there's napkins in the bag - my son and I were in a hurry and it was rush hour - I dismissed it but said to my son, "I hope I don't get sick" - I don't know how many finger prints are on my cone at this point. I should not have eaten it, but I did anyway. Well, 14 hours later as was the amount of time when I had food poisoning that sent me to the hospital a few years ago - here I am homebound for the entire day in the bathroom.

MY REAL COMPLAINT HERE is that I'm writing this while on hold for their COMPLAINT LINE. They don't want complaints. I went to their website while on hold. I'm not spending a bunch of time filling out information they'll probably use against me somehow. I'm still on hold =30 MINUTES AND 10 SECS!!! They advertise "WE WANT TO KNOW." NO THEY DON'T!!! My receipt is in the car and I'm too sick to go get it, but it's the one on 75th Ave and Bell Rd Peoria, AZ. 530PM Halloween night.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Drive thru Mitchell, IN - Felt I spoke my order pretty loudly, loud diesel pickup beside me & loud kids in car, but he couldn't hear me so I yelled it & said "I'm not yelling at you, I'm yelling so you can hear me." He rudely said, "Yea right. Whatever!" At window he rudely told me just go away! I apologized again, didn't give me my change, yelled, "Get HELL out of my drive-thru!" Made me cry! Never ever going back there. I'm innocent. He's a psycho. He's the guy I always thought was so nice. Not anymore. Explains why he works there though. Will never go there again until he is gone.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

My husband was fired from the McDonalds on TVA road for lies. The general manager was not even at work. They sent him home. He was told to return the next day for his shift. Upon returning the general manager fired him for supposedly being smart with managers. She said she had audio of the incident but she does not because he didn't do it. I won't stop here. I won't tolerate him being fired over a lie. This McDonalds is nasty and the employees are lazy.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I usually never write reviews. This morning, after eating in McDonalds located in Sonora, California, I felt that the chain had really stepped up. Their new decor, updated menus on large screens, and a great music selection playing in the background deserves great merit. I am 41 years old, and just thought a good job McDonalds was deserving. I read other reviews and am horrified at others experiences. I'm glad my nearest McDonalds is not the same. The kids that work there are courteous and it's very pleasant to patronize this restaurant.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I just came back from drive-thru in Hot Springs and I ordered chicken nuggets, and fish sandwich and, a chicken sandwich and small fries, med fries and a sweet tea. The chicken nuggets were drowning in oil and tasted like an old socks. My husband's fish and chicken sandwich was not edible. The fries were very greasy and tasted stale. We have never had bad food from there before. I was very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

The McDonald’s on North Bend is horrible! Some senior management needs to do something about it! They get orders wrong and not one of them greet you as a customer. They act like you're a pain in the butt and bothering them! Nobody ever says Thank You!!! Never. How sad that simple customer service cannot be expected! I mean how about a damn thank you! What I’m buying is paying your check!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

First of all your food looks nothing nearby than what you advertise. Secondly, it tastes like **, I ordered $3 worth of **, not once not twice but I gave you three chances, each on different cities (Patna, Kota and Delhi) but I can count on you to serve me the worst you can serve. I ordered and start eating, I'm not ultra rich but when I took the bite it was like I'm on streets eating leftovers from dustbin, I felt so poor that I got tears in my eyes. Your fries are always soggy and with no blend of spices.

Your burger and patties both were bland with some bland cheese on it, I have never tasted anything so bland in my life, if there wasn't coke I would have thrown that garbage into its place and have started screaming, but come helping me digesting it. Please anybody reading it, come to India and specially Mumbai and eat 10 cents worth of "vada pav", you would forget what is McDonalds. Even my local street vendor (near my house), makes better drinks, fries and burger. Please stop looting the whole world, I would never step into any McDonalds in my life, your food is crappy only employees are nice. I'm not loving it... Hey but I prefer Domino's, it's expensive too but at least its cheese is real and tasty and specially not bland.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I purchased a sausage biscuit and egg white delight, but was told that the sausage biscuit was not eligible for BOGO. I then ordered an egg McMuffin as my "free" sandwich. The register took the lower priced sausage biscuit off... Even though it is not supposed to be eligible. I called to complain and was transferred to Ben in the App Department on 10/6 at 8:15 AM. He told me several times to read the fine print of the app. I finally got him to agree that the breakfast sandwich should not have been taken off. He stated there was a glitch in the system. I asked him what he was going to do about me being overcharged and he said "Nothing". After I asked him his name and if the call was recorded. After giving me his name and number, he hung up on me.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Took my elderly grandmother to the McDonald's at 9500 Liberty Rd, Randallstown, MD. I ordered extra-value meals for us both. I ordered an Egg McMuffin meal, with an OJ; I was later told OJ was not available. Instead, I was given a soda. However, I realized I was up-charged for a soda (I thought one came with meal). When I mentioned this to the clerk, she said: "Well, I don't know what to tell you". Later, I noticed a placard on the table that advertised a free apple pie with an extra value meal. The clerk told me the placard was old. Why was it still on the table? No one could answer the question. Stay from this place.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

At the McDonald's on Paxton Rd in Cincinnati Ohio I ordered a medium fry for 1.99. What I got was a small fry inside of a medium carton. This is the second time this has happened. You know that pinching the fry carton scheme that McDonald's is denying? Well they didn't even bother with the pinch, they just flat out shorted me.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Yesterday I visited the McDonalds near the UK campus on 357 South Limestone, Lexington, Kentucky. My wife walked across the street to eat with a friend at Chipotle. I wanted to eat at McDonald's. Because she didn't join me at McDonald's they towed my car. It sat on their parking lot for a total of 8 minutes before they towed it. When I was finished eating, I had to inform her they towed her car and walk a mile to get back to where I was. I'm a 100% disabled veteran. You would think they would have taken all of this into consideration. Nope, I was told that because she didn't join me they towed my car. It cost me $139.00 in tow fees. The staff were rude and stated "Oh Well" when I asked for a manager to come outside. The coward hid in his office I am guessing. Until resolved I am going to leave a review in every area I can find a place to leave a review. What a terrible way to treat a customer and a veteran.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Went in with my kids, upon entering the supervisor was walking around barefooted. Ordered our food, there was dirt in the drinks, food itself was never served yet employees claimed they already served it. And friend went to eat her Big Mac and found a bug in the box. When I called the supervisor he treated me like it was my fault and told me maybe I shouldn't go there anymore.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017
The last several years of higher than usual price hikes was the looming "minimum wage" terror. Yet they had the money to pay for automated kiosks to replace humans. Today, as every day I go in for my breakfast and medium coke. Instead I get a double whammy, not only is my coke are $2.30 EACH rather than $1.00.

I ask why. I get told the $1 coke is now $2.30, not even the $1.80 it was before the "sale" AND that there is no more all day breakfast though I was there before noon.

You do a search online for McDonald's prices specific to your franchise location, and they have a link to "prices" but they NEVER show you prices. I call the store itself, the manager is combative right off "why do you want to know the price?" As if what business is it of mine. After I explain he tries to claim McD has been losing money with the minimum wage, ironic as he is Filipino. I point out that I've just been on the internet trying to find their SECRET PRICES and that I can link him with the report that McD had record profits again this year.

In the end he told me he did not know the price BEFORE the sale, only that after the sale it was $2.13 plus GST and taxes $2.21 "rounded off" to $2.30. Rather than debate his math I gave up. This is the worst of greed and customer disservice. There was the foreign worker scandal, we had here as well, unlike when I was a boy, there were "some" familiar faces week to week which maybe we should start avoiding. Such businesses who cannot keep employees especially as the Canadian employees openly complain about not being able to get enough hours.

I worked at Safeway in the 70s when they busted the union, promising great price savings for the customers, instead just price hikes. I see McDonald's doing the same thing here, even as food prices fell, record profits, they advertise a "sale campaign" and even without declaring it closed, they hit you with price increases. MCDONALDS LURES YOU IN WITH ADVERTISED SALES WHICH ARE PRICE HIKES. Illegal or what? Signed disgusted and offended customer who can't even pull out of drive-through disgusted by deception.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I'm a Veteran and McDonald's store #3913 managers and employees are very disrespectful and misrepresent the surveys I take time to fill out online. Every other McDonalds I visit honor the finished survey with the code with no hassles and a smile!!! Forest City's McDonalds store # 3913 manager are disgraceful and practice false advertising while lying in a unprofessional manner that my survey states I must order a food product and the receipt never stated I must order a Quarter Pounder or Big Mac... I ordered a Double Cheeseburger without pickles or onions and drove away after a 5 minute hassle-shake down from the manager double teaming me. THE SURVEY WAS NOT HONORED AS A HARD WORKING VETERAN. MY ORDER WASN'T CORRECT... DISAPPOINTED VETERAN 3 TIMES.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I very rarely eat fast food. When I do, I eat at McDonald's. It's the one I have always liked the best, so now I don't bother with others. Not a great source for a steady diet, but, when you want it, you really want it. My favorite is Filet-O-Fish!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

It all depends on which city or even country you are in. My sisters and I have gone to Jamaica and the young people who waited on us were respectful and the restaurant was very neat. But, many of the inner city McDonalds in the USA act as if you, the customer, annoy them and the service is way too slow to be fast food. The food is not that great.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

The last 2 times I went to McDonald's and tried to use my McDonald's cell phone app to get "buy one get one free" sandwich they told me the app was down and I couldn't get the discount. So I paid full price. I went home and wrote a complaint on the McDonald's site but they have not contacted me about it. I will be going somewhere else from now on. Poor customer service. They could have at least posted a sign at the drive through that their app was not working. Or they could have honored the app which I showed them on my phone.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

The soft drink machines at the store located on Woodward Ave & South Blvd in Pontiac, MI needs improvement in surface cleanliness. The drive thru service varies throughout the day. At midnight, there could be as many as 5-7 cars waiting for food. The kids are nice but they can only perform as well as they are trained. I think it's time for a spot check.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Very interesting thing, you can never imagine it at a Mcdonald's. I visited India-Ahmedabad Miraj Cinema outlet on 2nd Aug 2017 with family and ordered 6 McAloo Tikki burgers. When it was given, it didn't have tomato slice. When asked they replied that it is stopped. Can you believe that a MNC, global brand like Mcdonald's can stop tomato because of its high prices!!! Very strange and pathetic.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

As far as fast food goes I still think Mcdonalds is best. Good value and price and they are changing their menu for better nutritional value. They also are changing their restaurant configuration for faster drive thru service.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

McDonald's is an iconic place to go and eat. I remember when we went when I was a child. I used to get the equivalent of a happy meal. The only difference is I got 2 cartons of milk. Fond memories.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I haven't been to a McDonalds in over 10 years but since I heard they sell breakfast all day, I Decided to try it. I went to McDonalds in Bath, Ohio on West Market Street's drive through restaurant at approximately 6:15 PM and ordered the big breakfast with hot cakes, a bacon egg and cheese bagel, a medium fry, a McFlurry with M&M's, sweet tea and a kiddie cone. The woman told me it would be $15.35. I pulled up to the window and was told that they didn't sell the bagel sandwich that time of the day so I asked to replace it with another big breakfast without the hot cakes. She then told me that the big breakfast wasn't available that time of day either. So I asked if the hot cakes and sausage was available like the commercial claimed and she said yes and so that left my order being 2 hot cakes and sausage, medium fries, the m&m flurry, sweet tea and the kiddie cone. She told me that it would be $11.14.

I paid and pulled up to the food window and was handed 1 hot cake and sausage, medium fries, the m&m flurry and a kiddie cone. I asked where the tea and other hot cakes were and was told she didn't charge me for the tea or the other hot cakes. I looked up the prices online later: hot cakes and sausage costs $3.19, medium fries $1.79, M&M McFlurry $1.69, kiddie cone $1.00. That totals $7.67. I asked her if that should cost $11.14 like I paid and she asked if I had a receipt proving that I paid that amount with an attitude and of course the lady that took the money didn't give me one. She could tell I was getting upset and said she would bring out the other hot cakes and sausage.

I pulled up and waited 15 minutes and realized they were not going to bring it out to me. I had my dog in the car and wasn't going to leave her in a hot car and so I just left. I tried to get a number from their website to make a complaint but every time I tried to do anything on their website, it wouldn't let me do anything unless I created an account that allows them to send me unlimited emails - no thanks!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I go here mainly for coffee or iced tea. Sometimes Ice cream, or small fries. These two drinks if the McDonald's is a franchise, cost .99 + tax, and have really good flavor! For a cheap not too bad treat, the Ice cream cone is also super affordable.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

This morning the 19th August at approximately 0740hrs I used the drive thru at Otara McDonald's. I waited and waited for service. I decided to drive thru to the pay window and waited there with no service. I then decided to drive to the pickup window. A girl appeared at the window and I explained my issue. She apologised, closed the window and disappeared. Then a male appeared and informed me that I would have to go round and join the line again, I found this very annoying and by apologies it appears it's ok. Drove off and went elsewhere.

McDonalds Company Information