1.36/5

1185 McDonalds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Let me tell you, I was ready to have a nice meal at McDonald’s and I look in my chicken nugget box and I could not believe it - there were 9 chicken nuggets instead of 10 and that just made my day bad. I was really disappointed in this. The service was fine but they didn’t give me all my nuggets.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

So this is the second time this has happened in a week at the McDonalds in North Sydney Nova Scotia Canada. We ordered a 6 piece McNuggets and 2 McNuggets were missing and one was half eaten with teeth marks and spit. Whoever is making the food keeps eating and contaminating it. I don't know what diseases they may have put I don't want my food half eaten and a piece with spit and bark marks left. Utterly disgusting and unacceptable. My bf went back, got new 6 piece. I refused to eat it or fries, I don't trust the place. The employee should be fired so he stops eating food and leaving behind his DNA spit on food. I will never eat here again.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Comment: I went into your McDonalds and bought a Filet-o-Fish Meal, bad enough you guys don't give ketchup, but for you to charge me .40 for added tomato. Which is not the issue here, it's the size of the tomato and the size of the cheese. Please explain how you cut a slice of cheese in half to put on a sandwich? So I paid you $7.03 for a processed fish sandwich, cold hard fries, smallest tomato you could possibly find and a half piece of cheese on a bun. If I didn't have to be back at work, I'd return this awful mess and get my refund and go to Chick-fil-A. This is really poor service.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Do not go to this McDonalds unless you want your Big Mac to have a bite taken out! When I first got here, the dining room was empty, the few customers in there were horsing around with the employees. One the kitchen staff was sitting on the floor. The drive thru was packed but they acted like it wasn't busy at all. Then about 3 or 4 minutes of standing there, a girl finally said, "Ma'am are you being helped," and I said no. They took my order finally. Then I proceeded to listen to the manager yell at them to cook and make the tickets. I got my order with 3 sandwiches and nuggets. All thrown in a bag.

I get home and I opened my Big Mac, took the top bun off and seen a bite taken out of the burger. I immediately went back and the restaurant, which was packed with teenagers, in like 10 minutes. I worked my around the rude kids that wouldn't move and asked for the manager and she said she was the manager and I explained what I found and showed her and the manager asked, "What was wrong with it?" Really!?! She put in another order for one and didn't apologize nor refunded my money. Bunch of children running the place, the manager was young and ignorant!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Really it is a pathetic service, as I done two times order placing but the order not placed as payment deducted. As per the communication with McDonalds person Mr. Gaurav ** he said he not got the order but the payment has been deducted. So as per the conversation he said, "Sir do it again as some technical issue has been happened so try once more." As per the conversation I tried again but same again the amount has been deducted but order not placed. And every time Mr. Gaurav ** saying only sorry for everything. So I told Mr. Gaurav ** to connect me to your manager. He replied that the manager not available. After keeping hold for long time he connected me with the manager called Mr. Gaurav **. I thought he will give some positive answer but he was also the same, "Sorry sir I can't help you." **. Really it is a pathetic & ** service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about McDonalds?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

There are 2 McDonald's restaurants in Dearborn, MI that supposedly open 24 hrs. One at Ford Rd. And the other one is at Wyoming St. However, the one at Ford Rd, this is the 4th time in less than 2 weeks tell me that their system is down and can't take any orders which I know it's a lie. They just don't wanna work. The Wyoming location is even worse. Nobody at the drive through to take the orders. Although you can see someone is inside but I guess they wanna get paid without doing anything.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I went up to the counter and ordered a meal milkshake with chocolate and they asked me if I wanted to SUPER SIZE it. I was like, "Well okay sure!" But the supersize costs more! So I asked her how many people supersize it and she said if there were five people four of them would supersize it!! They are just making money!!! And a lot!!! But the French fries are so good and addictive! OMG! I wanted more and more! So be careful! But my milkshake had a black long hair in it! Special Addition! Ewww!

Original review: July 25, 2018

My name is Juan ** and I was a victim of discrimination and harassment from the McDonald’s franchise. On 7/23/2018, the McDonald's located on 3199 SW Port Saint Lucie Blvd, Port Saint Lucie, filed a “trespassing” noticed and called the police on myself. The reason was because a week prior, I had gone into the establishment for a chicken sandwich and I noticed that the young lady (**, Manager) was making my sandwich with a dirty blue glove. **, in giving me sandwich, I asked for my money back because I did not want the contaminated sandwich. I left, and she gave me my money back.

Fast forward to 07/23/2018, I went into the same McDonald's and ordered my sandwich and ** informed me that “I cannot come to McDonald’s anymore and that she was calling police” with fury and anger. I feared this woman, she was so aggressive and nasty to me. People started taking pictures of me with their phones and I felt humiliated and later had to go to Port St. Lucie hospital to be treated for shock, my diabetes and panic attacks all due to Ms. **'s actions.

The police officer Kneidel **, wrote me up a no “trespassing” when I looked at the report it says I used “Racial Slurs”? What? The hell? I’m a Latin Hispanic male with Indian Indigenous blood coursing through my veins. I have NEVER or EVER will be a racist. I don’t care that ** is **, I care that she is a dirty person and tried to give me contaminated chicken sandwich. What racial slur did I say? I speak broken English? This fabrication of a statement that caused me not only humiliation, but pain and suffering to my perfect record as a citizen of the USA. My daughter fought for this country in the US ARMY. I’m a patriotic man and I love this country.

I plea with McDonald's to release the video tapes of this incident. The proof is in the video tapes. It will show that I never said a racial slur and Ms. ** did indeed try to contaminate me with an improperly made chicken sandwich. Because, I called McDonald's and gave a complaint, Ms. ** what? Now, you can accuse me of “racism”, this is ridiculous. I’m 73 years old, I have health problems and my wife is undergoing aggressive Chemotherapy for her Lymphoma. How can any human being be so “horrid” and “aggressive” to an old man like me? Does she not have a father? Does she not have any decency? I think not, her actions have hurt my demeanor and has affected my health greatly.

I would like for McDonald’s to act and only reprimand Ms. **, but to give me an apology for her actions on the behalf of the McDonald’s corporation. I’m also currently looking for legal representation for damages that McDonald's and more specifically Ms. ** for their disgusting behavior towards a loyal customer of many years. Please email me at my email ** For your response and the action that will be taken from your company.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I went through the drive thru on 7/20/2018 at 5:48 pm. Ordered 2 combo's large, a #1 and a #3. They had me pull up to wait for my order. Once they finally brought my food out I left and got home to find I was missing one of the fries. Both combos were larged. I drove back and wanted my sandwich replaced as well because it would be cold by time I got back home. I left the other sandwich and fries at home so mom could go ahead and eat. First the girl at window slammed it in my face when I told her why I was back, then manager came to window and loudly told me I HAD to move up again and shut window in my face. I have never been treated so rude in my life except one other time at this same store 2 years ago. This was the first time I had come back since then and will be the last.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I have to write to tell McDonalds how very much I hate getting my iced tea or other cold drink in a regular cup rather than a styrofoam cup. A regular cup lets the tea and any other drink get hot immediately. It also sweats all over the place. Please please please put cold drinks in styrofoam cups! You can do it!

Original review: July 14, 2018

The last few times we have eaten at McDonald's in Shrewsbury, Il the food steadily has gone downhill. Tonight, 7/13/18 will be my last time there. The cheese is never melted on the sandwich, most the time the bread is stale. Now the fries, cold, limp, transparent and disgusting! It's hard for me to believe that I actually liked them at one time! They were so bad tonight that I had to take a couple pictures... Enjoy... or rather not???

Original review: July 13, 2018

McDonald's Restaurant 13875 Walsingham Road Largo, FL - I ordered a large French Fry at approximately 7:20 pm. Since it was the only thing I was eating, I asked that the French Fries be made fresh. When I arrived at the 2nd window it had only been a minute, so I knew they couldn't have fried them in such a short time. I asked the server if the were fried fresh and she said "Bye." No "thank you", just "bye." The french fries were stale and not very hot. Poor quality product delivered by rude wait staff. Now I remember why I haven't been to a McDonalds in months, for $3 you just disrespected, lied to and cheated on a meal.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Went there with my granddaughter to get a happy meal. Disaster. First, although there were 3 people behind the counter (and others farther back) and no other customers there, the oldest male said, “We'll be right with you.” Then all he proceeded to work on a drink machine and the other two stood there are watched him. He made some drink while they watched. 6 minutes later one of the "watchers" came over and asked if he could help me. I ordered a Happy Meal with 6 chicken McNuggets, Strawberry Gogurt and chocolate milk, and an apple pie. He charged me $6 and change which I thought was a little high for a happy meal. Then when they put it on the counter, it was in a bag and he tried to give me a cup to get a soda. I asked where the happy meal was and he acted like he never heard of a Happy Meal.

One of the other people came over and transferred the food into a Happy Meal box and he once again tried to give me a cup. When I asked for the milk we ordered he seemed to be oblivious as to where that might be located. Finally he found the milk and put it all on the counter. When I said I thought he overcharged me (he actually rang everything up a la carte) he just said he was sorry. A women did come outside as I was leaving and asked what was wrong and I told her. She said if I would come back in she would credit my card with the overpayment. Sorry, but I just wanted to get away from that place so I declined. I pray I never need to go in that place again.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Went to McDonalds drive thru in Murfreesboro, NC on June 21 at lunch time. The lady taking the orders was very nice & accommodating. I had 3 separate orders & she didn’t flinch at that. She repeated it all back & was very efficient. The lady that took my money & gave us our food was also very nice & accommodating. It was such a pleasant experience that I will go back to that store again. Employees at other stores could learn from these nice ladies.

Original review: June 15, 2018

On or about June 14, 2018, at approximately 10:38 p.m. I went inside the McDonald's Restaurant located at 107 7th North Street in Liverpool, New York 13088 of which claims to be open 24 hours a day. Upon my entering the restaurant I notice three ** people eating, and one at the counter being served. The ** girl (chubby) behind the counter looked at me. She saw me as a 62-year-old veteran ** guy and stated, "We are kind of closed." I immediately left the restaurant which in inside PILOT TRUCK STOP.

I tried to call the McDonald's consumer complaint line, but it was not open. This is a clear pattern and practice of McDonald's restaurants in the Greater Syracuse area. The same thing happened a few years ago at McDonald's on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse, New York. McDonald's clearly discriminates with the ** people (employees) denying food service to ** people. The McDonald's Restaurants in Liverpool and Syracuse and very bad ratings on Google. Clearly, there is a failure to train and supervise.

Original review: June 7, 2018

My husband has been working there for 4 years and kept getting sexually harassed by a female co worker. When he went to tell the manager she just laughed in his face and so he ended up quitting because they would not do anything about it. I will continue to fight on his behalf until something is done about it. I think it's ridiculous!!!

Original review: June 6, 2018

As a consumer, I am embarrass this is a American based company. As TRUMP screams, "Make America great again." chips is the pathetic corporate ** we have to offer. Poor food quality brainwashing parents to take their children there for some STUPID toy.

Original review: June 6, 2018

This evening, as has been the case for many in the last few months, we go to the location on Canton Highway in Marietta, GA. The order is the same: 3 plain cheeseburgers. Most typically there is a very pleasant person at the drive-through window. She is sitting... smiling... welcoming. For all the "grief" Micky-D gets, there is no doubt that the training... and the eagerness-to-please by of the vast majority of their employees... is equal to Fresh Hot Fries, Cold Coke and Quarter Pounder with Cheese. Most of you know that I mean. Great location. ****** That's 6 Stars!

Original review: June 4, 2018

The new salt is horrible. I will not return to any McDonalds again unless they bring back the old salt. The new salt is just regular cheap table salt that doesnt stick to the food. It bounces off and tastes horrible!!! Why did they do this??? Terrible. I will go to Burger King.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Everytime me and my sister come here, we order stuff and when we use a free coupon for a meal, we get charged for extra stuff we did not order, like stuff. And when the people bring the stuff to our table, it ends up being the wrong stuff and sometimes for take-out, they forget to put some of the food in our bag. They have terrible service and I would not recommend to come here. And we found used condoms in the bathroom. Shame shame you know your name.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Being on a budget I figured I'd stop into one of the local McD's. Ordered a double cheeseburger with bacon, small fries and large coke. The coke was just that coke and I was happy with it. But never have I ever been so dissatisfied with that nasty tasting burger... yuck! Tried a couple bites and tossed it in the garbage along with half of my fries. Now I never have tossed a McD's burger in the trash and it has turned me off on McD's for a spell and I will surely never order a yucky double cheeseburger with bacon.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I did not have a good experience. While I was sitting in the drive thru it took 5 mins for me to order then another 10 mins to receive my food. When I got home my grits was not fully cooked. The grits was watered down and hard. I would have went back for a refund but I don't stay in the area. The service there is terrible. They have you just sitting there. I don't know if they are short on staff but that doesn't make any sense to run a FAST food business like that.

Original review: May 27, 2018

This was one of the absolute WORST McDonalds experiences I’ve ever had. My friend and I went to the McDonalds on Division St & I ordered a large drink, 1 small fry and chipotle snack wrap, while my friend ordered a McChicken meal. When I received my order, the snack wrap was loaded with sauce, making it soggy by the time I opened it, my fries were stone cold, and I received 2 small fries instead of the 1 small fry I ordered, probably to make up for the fact that it was so cold, but both fries were so cold to the point where I couldn’t eat either one. This whole meal was a disappointment!!??? Absolutely disgusting!! Worst $11.28 spent ??? We will not be returning to this location as we are very displeased with our experience.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I rarely go to McDonald's, but for ME it was a once in a blue moon treat and so I went with my new friend Mark ** to the location at: 1231 South La Brea Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90019. We both had Big Macs with cheese and french fries and I had a chocolate shake to go on top of it! The food was okay, but it was the overall experience of just being there which is what I enjoyed; not just the food! I want to personally Thank Mark ** for taking ME there back on Tuesday, May 22, 2018.

Original review: May 23, 2018

La Cañada 91011. SENIORS ON FIXED INCOME. DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS ONE ON FOOTHILL BLVD OFF THE 210 FREEWAY. Completed the Survey for the Coffee then received BOGO quarter-pound hamburger. By the picture expected more for $5.00 than a cold and tasteless bun and patty disguised as ‘meat’ needing a microscope to find the pickle. The second one about 40-minutes later was a little better but not by much. All I heard was 'sorry'. Nothing to make the experience right like Starbucks would. Completed a second survey with comments on the worst overpriced rubbish. Anywhere!

Original review: May 21, 2018

The new 1/4 pounder looks very good on TV with the nice thick fresh beef and the cheese dripping out, fact is though it's still just the old one made to look better for TV but when you open it it looks nothing like it does in the commercial. The flavor has not changed and the price they charge is a joke. Wendy's is less and has more flavor and In-N-Out put it to shame. I had to try it at least once but I won't be trying it a second time. It was very disappointing to say the least.

Original review: May 11, 2018

2 can Dine for $11.48 - The CSR who took my order (in which I advised upon ordering that I had a coupon) would not Honor my coupon at check out. He stated and I quote "I do not have to accept your coupon", "and I do not have to, and I will not adjust your total". I was completely shocked. Still, I am not even sure if he was joking... But he was not. This review will not change the fact that McDonalds is a multi millionaire company... And more than likely, will never this.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I went to the counter and asked the girl to make fresh coffee. It was May 8, 2018 approximately 8:30 pm. They did not provide a receipt. The girl agreed. (She was a manager/at least she wore a manager shirt) The owner's granddaughter served me out of the other pot. When the girl explained I was waiting, the granddaughter got confrontational with the employee and then with me saying if I had a problem then don't come back to her store claiming I complained multiple times. Last year or maybe two years ago I called because they gave me rotten expired apples with my oatmeal.

Original review: April 27, 2018

McDonald's in East Palatka Florida - I have had to wait over 5 min. numerous times before someone even comes over the intercom to take my order. The last time I waited just to find out the ice cream machine was down, so I was unable to get the item I wanted anyway. This store consistently has issues with timely manner in the Drive-Thru.

Original review: April 27, 2018

In drive thru made order. At window drive thru lady looks at me and puts food on table. Then I wait. She comes back and says, "What you need." I said, "My food".

Oh. And Toss me the bag. Excluding syrup and butter that is a part of meal. I wait till she comes back. And she Toss bag in mine. Grumpy look. Then I left. Notice still missing items. I came in told them what happened. They refuse to heat up my food and give what is on order. Then refused refund. Manager extremely rude to me and said she don't care I not get refund. And continued serving her Hispanic customers over me in this predicament.

McDonalds Company Information