1.29/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1214 McDonalds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We ordered 9-pieces McNuggets. Later we changed this into 20-pieces. When we paid, we found out on the receipt that we paid for both. So we wanted to cancel the 9-piece order, but this was not possible the cashier said. Once ordered and paid it is not possible to cancel she said. She did not even attempt to correct. So we asked to her co-worker, but she also refused to cancel the incorrect order. We still had to wait for our food, but nevertheless it was not possible to cancel anymore. This is really very bad service and not customer friendly at all. I have never experienced this bad service before.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I used the McDonald's Mobile App and I ended up paying twice for the same order. I had to talk to 4 different people regarding the issue and it's still not resolved. To make things worse the agent representing the App had the nerve to tell me that she would not transfer me to a supervisor unless I gave her more information. This woman argued with me until I had no choice but to hang up. So unbelievable... They lost a customer. I will never ever order food from McDonald's. Someone needs to remind McDonald's that customers come first.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Firstly I want to say that the no one at the front knows how to take orders. I told the person that I want the burger with hashbrown and no meat 4-5 times because he was not getting it but I got the burger with bacon in it. After taking one bite, I asked at the front to check if my burger has some meat in it and he said he did not know and to ask someone else. I am a pure vegetarian and this isn't what I expected from such a reputable company. Also if the employee at the front was a trainee there should be a trainer present too. This is the worst McDonald's I have ever visited. I want you to take action regarding this whole scenario or I am going to sue them.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I ordered: 3 large fries, cheesy bacon fries, 3 McChickens, and a quarter pounder with cheese, I only got the fries. Nothing else. I paid twenty dollars and 83 cents. When I got the food they said, "Have a nice day." Then when I got home all I found in my bag was 3 fries and cheesy bacon fries. LIKE WTFFF. RIPOFFFF.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I ordered a meal for delivery to my workplace as I'm working night shift, the order number ** was placed around 21:30 using the app, delivery was said to be around 21:55-22:10. So I went to the gate at 21:50, waited a few mins and then tried to track my order using the app only to find out that the order has been canceled. So I'm at work now doing night shift with no food for the entire night. Will have to starve until I get home at 6:00 am tomorrow morning!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about McDonalds?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I bought a Quarter-pounder at the McDonald's in Marlin, Tx and started eating it and noticed the meat was raw. I took it back. They could make another burger, I don't think so. I'm done with McDonald's because the manager had no understanding saying at least I know it was real meat. I don't care - then make them well done.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Coupons have been a big tradition in this family of ours. We have one kid named Jonn, one named Mildred and the rest we left at Home Depot as a punishment. The pancakes are my favorite. Make sure to ask for ketchup because for some reason they don't just give it to you with your pancake order. However ketchup on my pancakes gives me some pretty nasty gas. I timed one of my farts once after eating the pancakes with ketchup and it came out at 17.89 seconds. But it did smell good. Like I was saying with coupons you can get pancakes for nothing less than full price! Saved me a fortune! (So did leaving the kids at Home Depot.)

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I've lived in the Jane/Falstaff area over 20 years and have frequented this location, however, over the past 2-3 years the customer service has gone down the dumps. I try not to go there in the mornings, because the regular day staff are poor customer service reps. For the past week, each morning I've stopped at the Jane/Major Mackenzie location and ordered the coffee & bagel (with cream cheese) special (in the coupon). The coupon states the small coffee for $1.99, however, I've been able to upsized the coffee (for an additional cost).

This morning I (despite my former view) decided to stop at Jane/Falstaff location for the coffee/bagel and again, I asked for a medium coffee. The staff was very rude and abrupt. She stated that upsizing is not allowed and "there is no option on the computer to punch it in". I informed her that I've had this same order at another location, but she informed me that McDonald's is a franchise so she cannot comment on what other stores do. I was shocked by this. I decided to just get the medium coffee. She told me to drive forward. On the screen (at the drive-through) the coffee was $1.

When I got to the pick-up window, the server said $1.05 for the total. I asked if they are now doing $1 coffee (any size). I asked this as there was no signage of the start for $1-any size coffee. Without skipping a beat, the server informed me "I've already made your medium coffee so you can't change the size" (I'm not sure why she felt I wanted to change the size... I only asked for confirmation of the $1 any size coffee). Anyway, I've had many run ins with the staff at this location, but I find the morning crew lack customer service skills. I am aware that this location gets very busy, and it can be very stressful, but the customers deserve better service.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Picked up an order through the drive through. I got home and found out I had received a meat burger instead of a vegetarian burger. When I rang up to see if they will deliver me a new one, they said I would have to pay the full amount of what I paid and pay for the delivery via the Uber eats app, or come back into the store to exchange. Therefore an easy meal has turned into two trips to McDonald's wasting petrol. They then went on telling me they don’t sell spicy bean burgers which I had one over the last month in the same place. Fair enough if they explained to us when we originally was about to order they don’t sell them anymore however they didn’t and gave me a meat burger. I won’t be attending this McDonald's again. Get your orders right and make sure the food is hot, due to purpose of hygiene and the purpose of they want a good meal!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

This Lethbridge Alberta Canada restaurant in Fairmont Plaza South is HORRIBLE! So dirty I can't imagine someone won't be poisoned there soon. And the service was so bad I'm still wondering what the hell is going on there. The manager was an idiot of epic proportions. There was garbage strewn everywhere in the children's play area and there were almost no customers so no excuse. Tables were filthy and we all had to come home and shower. What a sty. Plus our food was slow to come. Many other people complained while we were there. NEVER GOING BACK.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Worst visit of my life. I order 2 McChickens and they have clumps of yellow stuff in it and big chunks of grizzle in it as well. They tasted horrible so did the nuggets. The fries were unsalted. Everything tasted horrible and now me and my 1 yr old are both sick and have been sick since we ate this stuff last night (Dec 28th). Just saying people need to get their crap together. This is at the PRYOR Oklahoma location.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Being Christmas day many of the fast food outlets were closed. We found a McDonald's open on Burnhamthorpe in Mississauga. I ordered a BIG MAC combo with only mustard and onions. When they delivered my order to our table and I opened the wrapping it was most unbelieving. The patties that were in this bun were at minimum about three paper napkins thick. It was difficult to believe that this BIG MAC combo was over $10.00 with taxes. There was no meat. To me it looked like the patties were for the kid's meal and not a regular size hamburger patty.

Even a person sitting next to us looked at this BIG MAC and said to me, "That looks really pathetic" of which I totally agreed with him. In comparison to other hamburger fast food restaurants this is the worst that I have ever eaten, except for a place in Montreal which advertises the thinnest hamburger available. I think they lose out to these pathetic looking hamburger patties I received from McDonald's.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

McDonalds has really gone downhill in the past few months. The past 2 visits to McDonalds in Walkersville, MD. have been NASTY. Rotten lettuce and tomatoes, some kind of yellowish looking liquid in the corner of the box, hard rolls and even missing rolls from my BigMac once. I used to buy my husband lunch there a lot but here lately we don't go there due to the fear of getting sick because of rotten foods. Very disappointed customer.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Keeps deteriorating. Consistently out of strawberry and cream pies. Dr Pepper tasted like 5% syrup and 95% carbonated water, warm french fries, not so cordial employees, slow service, their only advantage and I do mean the only positive is the 24 hour drive thru. Sad **. But every franchisee is a millionaire so what do they care???

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Went through drive thru. Ordered a happy meal, a big Mac $6 meal and a mushroom burger meal, the car in front of me was already pulled over waiting for their food, I get to the window. I get the drinks and happy meal and they tell me to pull over. They would bring the order out. The 1st car I watch the employee return to their car 3 times before it was right. I should have been next to get my order but they had every car waiting for their orders. I counted 5 cars, so they gave my food to the wrong car.

I had to go in and show my receipt and ask where's my food, just to find out they gave it away so they took their sweet ** time getting my order because I said I was going to make a complaint. When I got the bag it was still not right. Was missing a fry and a pie. This evening shift is so unqualified and unprofessional even the manager on duty could not get anything right or get employees to do their jobs. Get it right people and you think you should make $15 an hour. Get real. You got to get it right or you aren't worth **.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I'm a Walmart Employee and I take my breaks and lunch in your McDonalds store #30365. I have been frequenting this McDonalds for approximately the past four years. I have a visual disability and am legally blind. In the past your employees have been so nice and accommodating in helping me with my drink at the drink dispenser station. I have always been so appreciative for this service until today. I placed my order and was handed my food/drink cup. I then asked for help and was told, "No I can't help you." Shocked and saddened by this I took my food/drink cup and had a seat to ponder what had just happened.

I was really thirsty and decided to ask for help again thinking that previously there had been a communication problem. I went back to the counter and asked a different employee if they would be kind enough to help me and explained that I could not see well enough to get my own drink. I again was refused help and received a no answer without explanation. I was finally able to get a co-worker to help me. I am truly saddened by the way I was treated. I hope those people who refused me help never incur a similar disability and need help someday.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

My wife and I stopped early Thursday morning for breakfast after leaving home for Ocean Springs, MS. She had an egg McMuffin while I had a sausage biscuit. When we stopped for lunch I couldn't eat because my stomach was upset. Later that afternoon I had to pull over to be violently sick on the side of the road. My wife had to take over the driving. I spent the next 2 days weak and in bed. McDonald's quickly denied all responsibility because I had failed to drag myself to a hospital for a fecal matter test. We will never eat at that or any McDonald's again. My pain - their loss!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I would like to know why the buns on the burgers are always stale no matter what McDonalds I go to. And you want $15 an hour? I put myself at risk every day as a security guard and don't even make that. So keep thinking y'all deserve that high of pay for flipping burgers and constantly messing people's food and orders up. I went to one yesterday where they kept saying "huh. What?." Because I said I wanted a large four and four. Then I literally had to scream at the rude lady what I was trying to say and I said "A LARGE FOUR AND FOUR COFFEE". And she said "oh you shoulda said coffee." Learn how to talk to customers with respect and not correct them. Also learn how to not mess up literally every order after it's repeated 4 times and MAYBE you could make that much money.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

What a terrible establishment. When will people get out of the habit of being ok with less and less? I recently went in for an old favorite, bacon egg and cheese biscuit. This breakfast sandwich has become a shell of its former self. The bacon has gotten so thin that it’s almost nonexistent. Then the way overpriced orange juice was only filled 3/4 of the way. Rip off!!! As far as lunch goes, everything on the menu is smaller every time I go (very rare). Honorable mention for having the best French fries around... But they NEVER fill the fry container. McDonalds is the biggest ripoff around for the most unhealthy food... Boooo Ronald, you suck!!! Two bacon egg and cheese breakfasts with large orange juice $14.60.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

First I went to the McDonald's in Beaver Dam Wisconsin and they refused to get me my McFlurry even though that I paid for it but I never got it. This place sucks **. If I would I would not rate this place nothing. It really does sucks **.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

We are regular customers at our local McDonald's (store 31820) and have been for over 6 years now. Today ended that... for good. I used the mobile app to place a large order and chose to pick up at the drive-thru. As we approached the window, I received a text notification that our order was paid with our associated bank card (on the app). At the window, we were informed we had not paid and would not be given our food. They also refused to return our money (of course) or even look at the text receipt. The manager, Jason, repeatedly stated it wasn't his problem, but rather the mobile app, and if we wanted our money back, we would have to dispute the charge with our bank. While we are obviously doing that, it will take approx 3-5 days to get that going.

Following a heated exchange, they couldn't believe we didn't want to PAY THEM AGAIN. I'm actually shocked that McDonald's can get away with blatant theft and have no concern for customers whatsoever. When I spoke to customer service, apparently we are not the only customers that have experienced this issue. I'm appalled and disgusted by McDonald's (and that doesn't even begin to express it!) No one wants to have their money stolen.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Went to McDonald’s in New Milford, Connecticut. Go to order and the guy tells me they don’t have any soda or apple pies. This is the third time this has happened in a month so proceed to ask for extra pickles. The guy says they are out of pickles too then tells me, "Looks like we don’t have anything you want. So there's a new Wendy’s up the road. They will probably be able to help you..." Very rude and unprofessional.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

My daughter and I were kick out for speaking another language (Spanish). The manager got mad at us for speaking Spanish to each other. After we finished eating we won a free McFlurry, went back to order and saw when the manager went to a client that was sitting eating his food and asked to take back the sandwich; Manager fixed wrapper and put it in a different tray for other client. I asked my daughter: "Did you saw that?" in Spanish. Manager got upset and refuse to serve us, and demand us to leave the place. McDonalds 4294 N. Alafaya Trail Orlando, FL 32826.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

The person who had your food was so nasty and has long nails within using gloves. When I stated that to her she started talking to her coworkers in her Spanish language and treated me so nasty and she wasn’t even talking to me. Just dropped the food on the counter like I was a dog. I don’t know how those peanut are hired with long nails that has a lot of germs.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I visited the McDonald's located in Taylor Michigan address 23333 Eureka Road Taylor Michigan 48180. The day in question is September 29th 2018 at exactly 2:02 p.m....I purchased 2 @ 2 for 5 sandwiches totaling $10.60. I handed the cashier a 50 dollar bill, having trust I did not bother to check my change. The cashier tendered my receipt as a 20 dollar bill and thus gave me $9.40... with ticket number 192. Several minutes later I made a second order be in different number 397 2:07 pm. This order was placed by another employee on an entirely different register and tendered appropriately.

Nonetheless, upon leaving to go home I checked my receipts because I noticed I was short some money...and lo and behold, both my receipts state I used $20 dollar bills. When I walked through the door, I called McDonald's... I was told the registers were counted down and neither was over! I explained to the manager that it was impossible, and the most feasible explanation is that, one of the many people/peoples handling the register, someone stole it. I was then told to contact someone name Kareem at an office telephone in which for days went unanswered. I was then given a telephone number to contact one of his personal voicemail receivers. I left this guy a message a day. He never replied! I contacted corporate twice. The first time was via online email... the results were unresponsive. I then contacted corporate by phone and filed a complaint about the entire issue.

The franchise owner Kareem called me the very next day (10/04/2018) to apologize but stand by an employee, he stated has "worked for him for 20 years") whom suggest none of the registers were over. I asked about the video to be told by Kareem as well that the pixels are not that clear... and next time I should check my receipt before I go. It will NEVER be a next time... They blew it with me for all McDonald's. Corporate should have stepped in. It's a ** shame billion dollar company's security cameras are not sufficient when customers get robbed. But when their businesses are in jeopardy every camera and every angle is available

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I went into McDonald's, and ordered a chocolate milkshake, that I was excited for. They gave me a milkshake but it most certainly not chocolate, maybe there was a little but when I order a chocolate milkshake I expect a good chocolaty milkshake. I was not happy about it especially since I’m paying the money for what I order and that’s not what they bring me.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

As Uber driver I came to pick up an order but at the same time I opened my McDonalds application to purchase a free milkshake so the lady at counter voided my order and did not give me my milkshake. Then I said, “Where is the Uber order for pick up?” Still no service just attitudes about go back through drive thru. Who do you think you are. So I went back to my car and got back inside then the manager ** young lady started approaching my car talking that she off duty and, "Get out of my drive thru I'm the manager." She threating me so I left and still no service provided to customer and staff was aggressive by approaching my vehicle with disrespectful comments and no milkshake or the Uber service. This McDonalds should be reported to the media if possible. Last time I heard the customer is always right not get treated with intimidated comments and behavior and not do their job by providing service.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Went to the McDonald's on Newberry Road about an hour ago. My order total came to $6.17, I paid with a $100 bill, the cashier handed me my change and turned around. She gave me the incorrect change. Shorted me $20. When she turned back around and realized I was still sitting there, before I said anything, she said, “I owe you $20?” She then said to pull to the next window. She had to get the manager to open her drawer. 10 minutes later, a completely different person came to the window and asked what I was waiting for. I told her I was waiting for my $20. She went to the back and brought me a folded up $20 bill? Maybe exhaustion and stress is making me totally loopy, but I think I was deliberately handed the incorrect change?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Let me tell you, I was ready to have a nice meal at McDonald’s and I look in my chicken nugget box and I could not believe it - there were 9 chicken nuggets instead of 10 and that just made my day bad. I was really disappointed in this. The service was fine but they didn’t give me all my nuggets.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

So this is the second time this has happened in a week at the McDonalds in North Sydney Nova Scotia Canada. We ordered a 6 piece McNuggets and 2 McNuggets were missing and one was half eaten with teeth marks and spit. Whoever is making the food keeps eating and contaminating it. I don't know what diseases they may have put I don't want my food half eaten and a piece with spit and bark marks left. Utterly disgusting and unacceptable. My bf went back, got new 6 piece. I refused to eat it or fries, I don't trust the place. The employee should be fired so he stops eating food and leaving behind his DNA spit on food. I will never eat here again.

McDonalds Company Information