McDonalds

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The reason I'm making this complaint is because I'm sick and tired of getting coffee cups that leaks. It never fails. I've have try different locations in the DC area. It has come to me buying a coffee cup and pouring the McDonalds coffee into it. Please fix this issue. Thanks.

My son was only 14 (a month away from turning 15) and wanted to show some responsibility and put a little money in his pocket. He filled out an application and got the job within a week. The first red flag came when he handed me his direct deposit authorization form and said he didn't need it anymore, the manager took a picture of the form with her cell phone and said she would forward it to corporate. 3 weeks later, he never received direct deposit into his acct. He told the manager, which told him he would get paid "next time". My son wanted me to let him handle it. So I waited. 5 weeks after starting his job, he still wasn't paid. Okay, I had to intervene. The store had their phones off the hook. Busy for hours and hours. So I called the owners of the franchise.

Within a few hours, he had a pay card for the last 3 paychecks he'd never received. Turns out, the owner says they emailed the hiring manager several times, asking for the correct info to his bank account but they were not answered. They put the funds on a PayCard, an account in which the hiring manager never gave to my son. The owner apologized for the unprofessional behavior. The week after this happened, my son's hours were cut from 12-16 hrs. a week, down to 0. That's right. He wasn't on the schedule. And when he called with the concern, he wasn't given a response. He was told that someone would call him back. Never happened. The following week he was scheduled just 2 hours. So that's 2 hrs. in a pay period.

Since he never gets anywhere with management, I decided to email the owner, in hopes she could do something. She responded to me, saying the general manager told her the reason for the reduction of hours was because after a week of training on the register, my son was unable to catch on, so he was limited to cleaning the lobby. THIS IS NOT TRUE. My son was NEVER, NOT ONCE, trained on a cash register. His job was limited to taking out garbage, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning tables and the bathrooms and washing dishes. I was also told in the email, that since she is getting conflicting stories, she will allow her store manager to take care of her employees (the same ones she apologized to me for being so unprofessional) and he would need to have a meeting with her.

How could the store manager possibly even know anything about my son when he has never met her? The hiring manager is the only one he has ever seen. And the shift manager. I did look it up through franchise information and it simply states that you must be 16 to work a cash register. I'm appalled that not only is a manager making up blatant lies, but an owner is allowing it. My son will not work for a company that holds managers at such low standards. He was trying to learn responsibility and all he learned was how the working world operates. Big me, little you! Location - 127 N. MIAMI ST, WEST MILTON, OH.

I really upset at the level of disrespect, lack of customer service, and unprofessional way I was handled this morning 1/5/2017 at this location. I called on 1/4/2017 and asked to speak with a manager. Francine answered and I explained to her my frustration. I told her that lately when I come to that location the person making the oatmeal puts so much liquid in it it cannot be eaten. I know that there has been times when it is correct and it is the one thing I can eat for breakfast because I am on a restricted diet. The manager told me to come back the next morning and to let them know at the window.

I did that this morning to be so rudely addressed by Kathy and Carlos. I told them that I spoke to Francine and they denied me because Francine did not inform me to bring a receipt and she did not write my name in a book. I was humiliated that she was denying me to receive it when it cost 1.99 /2.11 with tax. I purchased one today to receive the receipt to get the manager's name. I was unable to eat it because she turned her back to prepare it. It was suspect behavior and I didn't feel safe eating it. I will never visit this location again. Please send to regional director. Thanks.

I got a cut on the top of my index finger that required 4 stitches and severed nerves from a sundae cup. I was offered $100 and food coupons, and was refused a claim with their insurance for it. I was given the runaround and even a phone call requesting info on what happened that when I tried to reach this individual, they didn't exist. I spoke to one of the managers. He tried to talk me into sending the cup. When I decided not to send the cup McDonald's has been ignoring me completely. I am a very concerned person about the safety of these cups and the millions of little hands every year that they end up in. McDonald's doesn't see the importance.

Well I have not stopped at McDonalds in over 5 yrs, and with that only place to stop on my way home from the airport, I stopped to give it a try. Well I know McDonalds is not a gamer's job but it's a perfect start job, I have been there. So with that being said, I went to the drive-through and ordered a number 1 with extra pickles, ok so that is not hard. Get to the window and no one else in line but the truck behind me. Well when I get home I find that I got two cheeseburger sauce. One with a label saying extra pickles. OK so I bit into it to only find ketchup and cheese, no beef patty, LOL OK. Grabbed the second patty to have a label that says no pickles, OK so I take a bit and it's cold and find only pickles.

So all I have to say the food was horrible. What I had to try and the fact the employee can't read and make a burger to what is order. Wow and these are our next generation of grown ups and they want to make more the minimum wage, ahhh not. I will never go back. Plus to add to the fun I got food poison from them on top of it all, nasty people. And nasty food.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about McDonalds?

250 Whalley Ave, New Haven, CT 06511 - I and my wife went through new haven on a charter trip early in the morning. We did our drop off students then went to Mcdonald's on Whalley avenue; we bought two apple juice, and two sausage egg muffin, no cheese... after we got our order and went outside in the bus to eat, both sandwich has receipt that says no cheese??? But yet still, one of them has sausage with cheese and it was missing the egg... so I went back inside then tall gentlemen took my sandwich, went to the person making the sandwiches gossip something to her, brought back a sandwich. "Sorry, sir", he said... so I went back out to eat again... and noticed the egg was still missing from my sandwich... totally piss me off. These people can't make a sandwich - also charged me full price.... 3 dollars plus, while my wife sandwich cost 1.00 probably also make up the price.

Robbery and bad service... you can contact me by my email. Check the register that day, see how much they probably robbing people and believed they won't noticed. I want nothing to remain confidential. I heard of people in fast foods doing things like this. Now I'm a victim. I use my bank card. I can email you a transaction. Thank you. This was no mistake or accident. It was done multiple times... it was too easy.

14985 US Highway 17, Hampstead, NC 28443, United States. Went and got a medium frappe and a ten piece nugget, was told or would be cooked to order. When I got to the window it was already ready so I forged maybe they had then in the fryer already and they just came up! Negative, my nuggets were hard as rocks and cold. I called them not even 5 minutes later to tell them I wanted a refund or fresh food like they said and she tell me they were cooked fresh she cooked them herself, wouldn't give me a name. I drove back and they're closed. Pulled up to the window and they are all arguing with me. All I wanted was a refund. Mind you I'm pregnant and it is against the law to serve old food so if I would have gotten sick because of that... lawsuit. So I will return in the morning for a refund and to speak to the manager 12/28/16.

This just happened to me a couple of days ago. I don't know where management gets their training. I was hired to work there and my training consistent of watching training videos. And was given the challenge of frying the fries. When you're with someone in the beginning everything is much better. But my second day I was left on my own and it was a total nightmare. The staff managers were ruthless. I had to multitask which was not a problem but we were short of people that day. And trying to fill the big vats of fries and fry them at the same time. I never came across a group of mean spirited individuals in my life. No wonder the service is bad and the reason is because they can't hold on to people let alone able to treat them right.

It's also dangerous especially when pulling out the fries my area would be slippery. So when you get mad at a crew member please be patient and understanding. It's not them. It's management that has them running around like robots. My outlook on McDonald's is disappointing. I quit the end of my shift. No one should endure that type of abuse. Retrain your MANAGERS. Customers I warned you!!!

On my way I passed a freezing cold Veteran. I and I asked if he would like a cup of hot coffee. He said, "Yes, please." I went to get my coffee and then also ordered his. The manager asked if I wanted cream or sugar I said "I don't know. It's for the vet outside." To get to the point no one dictates to me what I do with my money. That McDonald's is very prejudice against vets. He was sitting on the sidewalk not even their property. Doing nothing wrong. Manager telling me, "You can't buy him a coffee." I support our vets. That manager has a job because our vets fought so you could work, not so you could dictate to someone that they can't buy a simple cup of cover. I was a serious customer there. No more, never going back. McDonald at watt ave by bowling alley. Country club. Goodbye McDonald. Starbucks here I come.

I went to the McDonalds next to the Vineland outlets in Orlando, FL. McDonalds has all day breakfast and I went in with a coupon for a free coffee when you buy a breakfast sandwich. The manager comes up, because McDonalds is the only restaurant where the cashiers can't do coupons themselves, and tells me that they can't accept breakfast coupons after 11 and their register will not process it. Despite that they sell McMuffins, the sandwich I ordered, all day and that nowhere on the coupon did it say it was only valid until 11. I don't know maybe that is policy and I'm just the dumbass but since that wasn't on the coupon I feel that instead of breakfast, that manager was serving me some fresh cracked **.

McDonald's has come out with a new coffee cup for Xmas that has the possibility of burning if put in a microwave for any reason. The cup also softens up without notice, so it may be used only once.

I ordered a double quarter pounder and large fries. I paid at the first window. When I got to the second window for pick up. The female was nasty with me when I asked why I had to park for just a sandwich? She stated "I don't make the food and you need to move over to the number 1 parking spot." First the McDonald's at State Rd. And Lansdowne Ave. was not busy even when I pulled in at 5 pm. There were no lights on outside the business. This location is a big hangout for juveniles and I feel that I should not have been treated that way. The female that brought my food out to me which was about a minute threw the bag at me and walked away when I wanted her name. I will not go there again and will also tell others not to go there. Bad experience with bad employees. I cannot even read the receipt because the printer cartridge has to be replaced. I do have my receipt.

My wife and I visited the McDonalds Restaurant number 17075 at 3 N Wilbur Shaw PLZ, in Rolling Prairie, Indiana, 46371 on 12/03/2016. This store is on the Indiana Toll Rd. I80 West Bound. I would just like to congratulate them on being the worst McDonalds that I have ever stepped foot in. I have been to Africa, the Middle East and Europe and never before have I never been served such garbage. I am keeping the receipt as a reminder to never step foot in another McDonalds.

WE QUIT BUYING AT MCDONALD'S. The fries are soggy, white... not golden brown and never crisp. They are of poor quality compared to BURGER KING, WENDY'S and mom and pop restaurants. No crunch. The fries shown on the Today show today are as far from reality as I am from Mars. Cook them longer or just make thicker, better fries!

McDonald's has a great looking app, but in the Columbia S.C. area looks don't matter. The app works perfectly while I am in my home or not connected to McDonald's WiFi. But as soon as I enter any McDonald's in Columbia I get an SSL error. I even tried writing down the code to one of the offers before entering the restaurant and gave it to the cashier when ordering, but it was turned down by management because I did not have the coupon on my cell phone. I have tried to use the app at multiple restaurants with similar results. Only one Manager gave me the offer without the coupon.

I love pickles on my hamburger so whenever I go to McDonald's I always ask for extra pickle but they only gave me like a few pickles. Sometimes they gave me more pickles but one time I got no pickles at all. So please McDonald's if you're reading this please give me extra pickle because I love pickles on my hamburger.

I am a disabled 57 year old guy. I was treated not good. I was shoved a coffee and sugar nearly in my face from a employee. His name is Adam and the manager at the time had words with him. The few times after that didn't see him. Then when I did I said "I don't want you serving me." He said "well go somewhere else." I asked to speak to the manager and was told to go somewhere else and I was banned. The head office said no one gets banned for life. Well I am. I think it's appalling. I am disgusted as I have been treated as because I am disabled. I have not been to McDonald's since they will not let me speak to the CEO. Appalling.

Around about 9:09 pm, I went to McDonalds on North Slappey In Albany, GA near Fun Park. I ordered a Fish-Filet Meal in the drive thru. The girl gave me the order and told me that they were out of Fish-Filet boxes so they had to place my order in the spicy chicken box. So I left. When I got home, it was spicy chicken in the box. I called to speak to the Manager. That was the one that answered the phone. She sounded as if she was still in high school. I proceeded to tell her what happened and when I was done, there was this long silent on the phone. So I asked how she was going to correct this. She said, "Bring it back and you can get your fish sandwich." I said, "I am all the way on the Eastside of town." She said "Bring it tomorrow if you want your fish sandwich."

I asked "was there another manager on duty?" She said "no, just me." I asked for her name and she told me. I went back. The minute that I came in the store, all of the employees were looking at me as if she had a conversation with them. One of the employees came up to me ask, "Are you back for your Fish sandwich?" I said "yes and to speak to your manager." She finally came out and I told her, "I am the one that is returning this chicken sandwich." She took it and walked off without even "I am sorry that happened." McDonalds hires these young people to do an adult job.

Since McDonalds did away with their Clubhouse Burger what is left are basically burgers with pickle relish or salad dressing! WHY?? What are they thinking?? I'm off to Burger King. They lost a customer!

Every time you go in the McDonalds in RIDGELAND SOUTH CAROLINA they never take time and say hello or hey it always what ya want and if they mess up on something they start cussing and you always have to wait 20 minutes or longer for your food and the manager kenneth ** is so rude and no repeat for me cuss people and I have call a few times about all of this but I guess it wont change.

I went to the drive-through at McDonald's on West St in Waukesha, Wi. Sat at the terminal for a minute then said is anyone there 3 times. When the worker did answer the response was, "Can I take your order?" in a rude way. So I gave the rudeness back and then was told to move to first window to place order, then ask to speak to manager and I went inside to speak with the manager. The worker came out and started talking in a loud voice and cut me off when speaking. I then stated I was leaving and going to file a complaint. Then I yelled back and said the customer is always right, and the worker then proceeded to yell and I then left with not being able to talk to a manager or being able to order either. I don't know what training they do for the manager because that worker was out of control verbally. I will not go to a McDonald's ever again. It is sad that these places the customer service has went right out the window.

Went to McDonald's in Little River, SC with my wife, she ordered the all American burger with fries and I ordered a cheese burger with fries. The meat somehow does not taste like the old delicious flavoring it had years ago. The bun was tough to chew and so was the french fries which were cold. My wife fell ill after eating her meal. Don't think I'll be going back to any McDonald's again.

A few weeks ago I bought food during lunch time and we I got to work I notice half of my food was missing. At that point it wasn't worth me going back. Tonight I bought dinner at the same place... I'm all about 2nd chances. Well, my coffee and all of my food was cold... I was so MAD and I didn't Definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone. If you're traveling and pass North Carolina by this one don't stop. It's not worth it. Here is the address - Crossroads Shopping Center, 975 Glenway Dr, Statesville, NC 28625. Phone:(704) 871-8545.

I was at the McDonald's on 670 Eglinton Avenue W in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. I used a coupon for "any hot drink" to order a coffee with my food. Both cashiers refused and said I couldn't order a coffee with it. An employee had to come over and explain coffee is a valid hot drink to her. And McCafes, lattes were all listed on the coupon. After paying, I got my food quickly but waited over 10 minutes for the drink when the restaurant was empty. Both cashiers would not make my coffee. Another employee had to tell them to serve everyone their drinks and do their job. They ignored, so I waited a long time before someone else came to do it. In the end I was given the wrong items too. I have never seen cashiers so rude. Never going to that location again and I do not recommend it to anyone. YOU WON'T GET SERVICE.

I've noticed a trend at a local McDonald's at 5516 N Lamar, Austin TX. They will periodically cut off power to the receptacles in the seating area of the restaurant. The power can remain off for weeks. It's obvious who they are targeting with this strategy, disadvantaged individuals. I would be interested if this is a strategy repeated at other McDonald's restaurants.

After getting off work I stopped at McDonald's for some French fries. When I got them the bag felt cold so I tried a fry and it was cold and mushy. I told the guy at the window. He took the bag, closed the window and then came back and said he would take care of it. Well I pulled over to the side to let the other customers buy. Someone came out with a bag of fries. It felt warm. I thanked him and drove off. I stuck my hand in the bag and grabbed a fry to eat and it was warm, not fresh out of the oil, more like a microwave. They are soft and mushy. I filed a complaint with McDonald's and got an email back stating they were sorry that they couldn't meet my high quality standards. I didn't know cold, mushy French fries was their standard.

On September 23, 2016, on this evening at 9:50 p.m. I went to the Columbia, SC McDonald's on Elmwood for dinner on my thirty minute break. I drove through their drive-through and I order two cheeseburger meals with a double cheeseburger and a side of fries, and she didn't even give me any receipt. The food order came up to $14.85 and I ask her for it, and she walk away. As I waited for my food the women at the second window, who was not sure about what I had order, look very clueless. As I reminded her about what the order is, she proceed to give me the wrong order, and I mentioned it to her again that the order was wrong. SHE WALK WAY FROM THE WINDOW. AND THEN ANOTHER CREW MEMBER CAME BACK, and the same thing happens again -- they gave me order that wasn't mine. And the food was very cold and bread was hard. And I did even noticed it until I got back to work.

The manager was very rude and hung the phone up in my face. Then I came back up there and the woman gave me more cold food. When I mentioned that to her she became very, she got snotty, and said, "I refuse to go there again." She had no name tag on so I couldn't get her name. But, they lost a customer for life! She definitely needs some customer service training.

Went to McDonald's in Maple Grove, MN (twin cities area). I was the only customer in the store, perhaps 3 cars in the drive through on a Sunday at 11am. There were two girls behind the counter one leaning on some equipment another sweeping a very dirty floor. I was not acknowledged for at least two minutes. Finally one of them walked over with broom in hand and asked me what I wanted in a snarky way. I was told the egg white muffin was not available at 11:10. She typed in the corrected order while holding the broom in the other hand. She accepted my twenty into the till one handed and threw my change in a pile in front of me and walked away. Terrible customer service. I should have yelled.

I bought a quarter pounder, fries and a drink. Ate half the burger. I found a growth that look like something out of a sci-fi book. I just couldn't eat anymore. It turned my stomach.

This morning at 10:50 I went to the Waynesboro Georgia McDonald's for breakfast. Signs all over saying breakfast all day. The mgr was very rude and said they don't serve breakfast all day. When I said that "the signs say you do," she got snotty and said, "Well we don't." People behind me ordered breakfast and she served them. I refuse to go there again. She had no name tag on so I couldn't get her name. But, they lost a customer for life! She definitely needs some customer service training.

McDonalds Company Profile