1.29/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1197 McDonalds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I would like to know why the buns on the burgers are always stale no matter what McDonalds I go to. And you want $15 an hour? I put myself at risk every day as a security guard and don't even make that. So keep thinking y'all deserve that high of pay for flipping burgers and constantly messing people's food and orders up. I went to one yesterday where they kept saying "huh. What?." Because I said I wanted a large four and four. Then I literally had to scream at the rude lady what I was trying to say and I said "A LARGE FOUR AND FOUR COFFEE". And she said "oh you shoulda said coffee." Learn how to talk to customers with respect and not correct them. Also learn how to not mess up literally every order after it's repeated 4 times and MAYBE you could make that much money.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

What a terrible establishment. When will people get out of the habit of being ok with less and less? I recently went in for an old favorite, bacon egg and cheese biscuit. This breakfast sandwich has become a shell of its former self. The bacon has gotten so thin that it’s almost nonexistent. Then the way overpriced orange juice was only filled 3/4 of the way. Rip off!!! As far as lunch goes, everything on the menu is smaller every time I go (very rare). Honorable mention for having the best French fries around... But they NEVER fill the fry container. McDonalds is the biggest ripoff around for the most unhealthy food... Boooo Ronald, you suck!!! Two bacon egg and cheese breakfasts with large orange juice $14.60.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

First I went to the McDonald's in Beaver Dam Wisconsin and they refused to get me my McFlurry even though that I paid for it but I never got it. This place sucks **. If I would I would not rate this place nothing. It really does sucks **.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

We are regular customers at our local McDonald's (store 31820) and have been for over 6 years now. Today ended that... for good. I used the mobile app to place a large order and chose to pick up at the drive-thru. As we approached the window, I received a text notification that our order was paid with our associated bank card (on the app). At the window, we were informed we had not paid and would not be given our food. They also refused to return our money (of course) or even look at the text receipt. The manager, Jason, repeatedly stated it wasn't his problem, but rather the mobile app, and if we wanted our money back, we would have to dispute the charge with our bank. While we are obviously doing that, it will take approx 3-5 days to get that going.

Following a heated exchange, they couldn't believe we didn't want to PAY THEM AGAIN. I'm actually shocked that McDonald's can get away with blatant theft and have no concern for customers whatsoever. When I spoke to customer service, apparently we are not the only customers that have experienced this issue. I'm appalled and disgusted by McDonald's (and that doesn't even begin to express it!) No one wants to have their money stolen.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Went to McDonald’s in New Milford, Connecticut. Go to order and the guy tells me they don’t have any soda or apple pies. This is the third time this has happened in a month so proceed to ask for extra pickles. The guy says they are out of pickles too then tells me, "Looks like we don’t have anything you want. So there's a new Wendy’s up the road. They will probably be able to help you..." Very rude and unprofessional.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about McDonalds?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

My daughter and I were kick out for speaking another language (Spanish). The manager got mad at us for speaking Spanish to each other. After we finished eating we won a free McFlurry, went back to order and saw when the manager went to a client that was sitting eating his food and asked to take back the sandwich; Manager fixed wrapper and put it in a different tray for other client. I asked my daughter: "Did you saw that?" in Spanish. Manager got upset and refuse to serve us, and demand us to leave the place. McDonalds 4294 N. Alafaya Trail Orlando, FL 32826.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

The person who had your food was so nasty and has long nails within using gloves. When I stated that to her she started talking to her coworkers in her Spanish language and treated me so nasty and she wasn’t even talking to me. Just dropped the food on the counter like I was a dog. I don’t know how those peanut are hired with long nails that has a lot of germs.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I visited the McDonald's located in Taylor Michigan address 23333 Eureka Road Taylor Michigan 48180. The day in question is September 29th 2018 at exactly 2:02 p.m....I purchased 2 @ 2 for 5 sandwiches totaling $10.60. I handed the cashier a 50 dollar bill, having trust I did not bother to check my change. The cashier tendered my receipt as a 20 dollar bill and thus gave me $9.40... with ticket number 192. Several minutes later I made a second order be in different number 397 2:07 pm. This order was placed by another employee on an entirely different register and tendered appropriately.

Nonetheless, upon leaving to go home I checked my receipts because I noticed I was short some money...and lo and behold, both my receipts state I used $20 dollar bills. When I walked through the door, I called McDonald's... I was told the registers were counted down and neither was over! I explained to the manager that it was impossible, and the most feasible explanation is that, one of the many people/peoples handling the register, someone stole it. I was then told to contact someone name Kareem at an office telephone in which for days went unanswered. I was then given a telephone number to contact one of his personal voicemail receivers. I left this guy a message a day. He never replied! I contacted corporate twice. The first time was via online email... the results were unresponsive. I then contacted corporate by phone and filed a complaint about the entire issue.

The franchise owner Kareem called me the very next day (10/04/2018) to apologize but stand by an employee, he stated has "worked for him for 20 years") whom suggest none of the registers were over. I asked about the video to be told by Kareem as well that the pixels are not that clear... and next time I should check my receipt before I go. It will NEVER be a next time... They blew it with me for all McDonald's. Corporate should have stepped in. It's a ** shame billion dollar company's security cameras are not sufficient when customers get robbed. But when their businesses are in jeopardy every camera and every angle is available

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I went into McDonald's, and ordered a chocolate milkshake, that I was excited for. They gave me a milkshake but it most certainly not chocolate, maybe there was a little but when I order a chocolate milkshake I expect a good chocolaty milkshake. I was not happy about it especially since I’m paying the money for what I order and that’s not what they bring me.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

As Uber driver I came to pick up an order but at the same time I opened my McDonalds application to purchase a free milkshake so the lady at counter voided my order and did not give me my milkshake. Then I said, “Where is the Uber order for pick up?” Still no service just attitudes about go back through drive thru. Who do you think you are. So I went back to my car and got back inside then the manager ** young lady started approaching my car talking that she off duty and, "Get out of my drive thru I'm the manager." She threating me so I left and still no service provided to customer and staff was aggressive by approaching my vehicle with disrespectful comments and no milkshake or the Uber service. This McDonalds should be reported to the media if possible. Last time I heard the customer is always right not get treated with intimidated comments and behavior and not do their job by providing service.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Went to the McDonald's on Newberry Road about an hour ago. My order total came to $6.17, I paid with a $100 bill, the cashier handed me my change and turned around. She gave me the incorrect change. Shorted me $20. When she turned back around and realized I was still sitting there, before I said anything, she said, “I owe you $20?” She then said to pull to the next window. She had to get the manager to open her drawer. 10 minutes later, a completely different person came to the window and asked what I was waiting for. I told her I was waiting for my $20. She went to the back and brought me a folded up $20 bill? Maybe exhaustion and stress is making me totally loopy, but I think I was deliberately handed the incorrect change?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Let me tell you, I was ready to have a nice meal at McDonald’s and I look in my chicken nugget box and I could not believe it - there were 9 chicken nuggets instead of 10 and that just made my day bad. I was really disappointed in this. The service was fine but they didn’t give me all my nuggets.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

So this is the second time this has happened in a week at the McDonalds in North Sydney Nova Scotia Canada. We ordered a 6 piece McNuggets and 2 McNuggets were missing and one was half eaten with teeth marks and spit. Whoever is making the food keeps eating and contaminating it. I don't know what diseases they may have put I don't want my food half eaten and a piece with spit and bark marks left. Utterly disgusting and unacceptable. My bf went back, got new 6 piece. I refused to eat it or fries, I don't trust the place. The employee should be fired so he stops eating food and leaving behind his DNA spit on food. I will never eat here again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Comment: I went into your McDonalds and bought a Filet-o-Fish Meal, bad enough you guys don't give ketchup, but for you to charge me .40 for added tomato. Which is not the issue here, it's the size of the tomato and the size of the cheese. Please explain how you cut a slice of cheese in half to put on a sandwich? So I paid you $7.03 for a processed fish sandwich, cold hard fries, smallest tomato you could possibly find and a half piece of cheese on a bun. If I didn't have to be back at work, I'd return this awful mess and get my refund and go to Chick-fil-A. This is really poor service.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Do not go to this McDonalds unless you want your Big Mac to have a bite taken out! When I first got here, the dining room was empty, the few customers in there were horsing around with the employees. One the kitchen staff was sitting on the floor. The drive thru was packed but they acted like it wasn't busy at all. Then about 3 or 4 minutes of standing there, a girl finally said, "Ma'am are you being helped," and I said no. They took my order finally. Then I proceeded to listen to the manager yell at them to cook and make the tickets. I got my order with 3 sandwiches and nuggets. All thrown in a bag.

I get home and I opened my Big Mac, took the top bun off and seen a bite taken out of the burger. I immediately went back and the restaurant, which was packed with teenagers, in like 10 minutes. I worked my around the rude kids that wouldn't move and asked for the manager and she said she was the manager and I explained what I found and showed her and the manager asked, "What was wrong with it?" Really!?! She put in another order for one and didn't apologize nor refunded my money. Bunch of children running the place, the manager was young and ignorant!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Really it is a pathetic service, as I done two times order placing but the order not placed as payment deducted. As per the communication with McDonalds person Mr. Gaurav ** he said he not got the order but the payment has been deducted. So as per the conversation he said, "Sir do it again as some technical issue has been happened so try once more." As per the conversation I tried again but same again the amount has been deducted but order not placed. And every time Mr. Gaurav ** saying only sorry for everything. So I told Mr. Gaurav ** to connect me to your manager. He replied that the manager not available. After keeping hold for long time he connected me with the manager called Mr. Gaurav **. I thought he will give some positive answer but he was also the same, "Sorry sir I can't help you." **. Really it is a pathetic & ** service.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

There are 2 McDonald's restaurants in Dearborn, MI that supposedly open 24 hrs. One at Ford Rd. And the other one is at Wyoming St. However, the one at Ford Rd, this is the 4th time in less than 2 weeks tell me that their system is down and can't take any orders which I know it's a lie. They just don't wanna work. The Wyoming location is even worse. Nobody at the drive through to take the orders. Although you can see someone is inside but I guess they wanna get paid without doing anything.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I went up to the counter and ordered a meal milkshake with chocolate and they asked me if I wanted to SUPER SIZE it. I was like, "Well okay sure!" But the supersize costs more! So I asked her how many people supersize it and she said if there were five people four of them would supersize it!! They are just making money!!! And a lot!!! But the French fries are so good and addictive! OMG! I wanted more and more! So be careful! But my milkshake had a black long hair in it! Special Addition! Ewww!

Original review: July 25, 2018

My name is Juan ** and I was a victim of discrimination and harassment from the McDonald’s franchise. On 7/23/2018, the McDonald's located on 3199 SW Port Saint Lucie Blvd, Port Saint Lucie, filed a “trespassing” noticed and called the police on myself. The reason was because a week prior, I had gone into the establishment for a chicken sandwich and I noticed that the young lady (**, Manager) was making my sandwich with a dirty blue glove. **, in giving me sandwich, I asked for my money back because I did not want the contaminated sandwich. I left, and she gave me my money back.

Fast forward to 07/23/2018, I went into the same McDonald's and ordered my sandwich and ** informed me that “I cannot come to McDonald’s anymore and that she was calling police” with fury and anger. I feared this woman, she was so aggressive and nasty to me. People started taking pictures of me with their phones and I felt humiliated and later had to go to Port St. Lucie hospital to be treated for shock, my diabetes and panic attacks all due to Ms. **'s actions.

The police officer Kneidel **, wrote me up a no “trespassing” when I looked at the report it says I used “Racial Slurs”? What? The hell? I’m a Latin Hispanic male with Indian Indigenous blood coursing through my veins. I have NEVER or EVER will be a racist. I don’t care that ** is **, I care that she is a dirty person and tried to give me contaminated chicken sandwich. What racial slur did I say? I speak broken English? This fabrication of a statement that caused me not only humiliation, but pain and suffering to my perfect record as a citizen of the USA. My daughter fought for this country in the US ARMY. I’m a patriotic man and I love this country.

I plea with McDonald's to release the video tapes of this incident. The proof is in the video tapes. It will show that I never said a racial slur and Ms. ** did indeed try to contaminate me with an improperly made chicken sandwich. Because, I called McDonald's and gave a complaint, Ms. ** what? Now, you can accuse me of “racism”, this is ridiculous. I’m 73 years old, I have health problems and my wife is undergoing aggressive Chemotherapy for her Lymphoma. How can any human being be so “horrid” and “aggressive” to an old man like me? Does she not have a father? Does she not have any decency? I think not, her actions have hurt my demeanor and has affected my health greatly.

I would like for McDonald’s to act and only reprimand Ms. **, but to give me an apology for her actions on the behalf of the McDonald’s corporation. I’m also currently looking for legal representation for damages that McDonald's and more specifically Ms. ** for their disgusting behavior towards a loyal customer of many years. Please email me at my email ** For your response and the action that will be taken from your company.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I went through the drive thru on 7/20/2018 at 5:48 pm. Ordered 2 combo's large, a #1 and a #3. They had me pull up to wait for my order. Once they finally brought my food out I left and got home to find I was missing one of the fries. Both combos were larged. I drove back and wanted my sandwich replaced as well because it would be cold by time I got back home. I left the other sandwich and fries at home so mom could go ahead and eat. First the girl at window slammed it in my face when I told her why I was back, then manager came to window and loudly told me I HAD to move up again and shut window in my face. I have never been treated so rude in my life except one other time at this same store 2 years ago. This was the first time I had come back since then and will be the last.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I have to write to tell McDonalds how very much I hate getting my iced tea or other cold drink in a regular cup rather than a styrofoam cup. A regular cup lets the tea and any other drink get hot immediately. It also sweats all over the place. Please please please put cold drinks in styrofoam cups! You can do it!

Original review: July 14, 2018

The last few times we have eaten at McDonald's in Shrewsbury, Il the food steadily has gone downhill. Tonight, 7/13/18 will be my last time there. The cheese is never melted on the sandwich, most the time the bread is stale. Now the fries, cold, limp, transparent and disgusting! It's hard for me to believe that I actually liked them at one time! They were so bad tonight that I had to take a couple pictures... Enjoy... or rather not???

Original review: July 13, 2018

McDonald's Restaurant 13875 Walsingham Road Largo, FL - I ordered a large French Fry at approximately 7:20 pm. Since it was the only thing I was eating, I asked that the French Fries be made fresh. When I arrived at the 2nd window it had only been a minute, so I knew they couldn't have fried them in such a short time. I asked the server if the were fried fresh and she said "Bye." No "thank you", just "bye." The french fries were stale and not very hot. Poor quality product delivered by rude wait staff. Now I remember why I haven't been to a McDonalds in months, for $3 you just disrespected, lied to and cheated on a meal.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Went there with my granddaughter to get a happy meal. Disaster. First, although there were 3 people behind the counter (and others farther back) and no other customers there, the oldest male said, “We'll be right with you.” Then all he proceeded to work on a drink machine and the other two stood there are watched him. He made some drink while they watched. 6 minutes later one of the "watchers" came over and asked if he could help me. I ordered a Happy Meal with 6 chicken McNuggets, Strawberry Gogurt and chocolate milk, and an apple pie. He charged me $6 and change which I thought was a little high for a happy meal. Then when they put it on the counter, it was in a bag and he tried to give me a cup to get a soda. I asked where the happy meal was and he acted like he never heard of a Happy Meal.

One of the other people came over and transferred the food into a Happy Meal box and he once again tried to give me a cup. When I asked for the milk we ordered he seemed to be oblivious as to where that might be located. Finally he found the milk and put it all on the counter. When I said I thought he overcharged me (he actually rang everything up a la carte) he just said he was sorry. A women did come outside as I was leaving and asked what was wrong and I told her. She said if I would come back in she would credit my card with the overpayment. Sorry, but I just wanted to get away from that place so I declined. I pray I never need to go in that place again.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Went to McDonalds drive thru in Murfreesboro, NC on June 21 at lunch time. The lady taking the orders was very nice & accommodating. I had 3 separate orders & she didn’t flinch at that. She repeated it all back & was very efficient. The lady that took my money & gave us our food was also very nice & accommodating. It was such a pleasant experience that I will go back to that store again. Employees at other stores could learn from these nice ladies.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I go to McDonald's almost everyday. At this particular store I go to, Gault Mile, located in East Fort Lauderdale, there are some **, island ladies that somehow became managers, and they are total **. Slow service, no plan, yelling and treating each other like cousins (that right there may be the problem) and every time I go there, they treat me like **. Frankly, I don't care. I know I'm beyond these idiots. But why will you hire, hateful, miserable women to run a nice store like this one? There is also a.young dude with dreads and blue shirt. ** walking. I call him. I mean these idiots wear a shirt with a different color and they think they are royalty. They say hello to certain groups, but others, in their sick heads, aren't worth a "Good morning" or a "Hello." Even though, we buying everyday there. They need to get rid of some of these haters with manager shirts. Who thought these idiots are manager material? I would like to meet you.

Original review: June 15, 2018

On or about June 14, 2018, at approximately 10:38 p.m. I went inside the McDonald's Restaurant located at 107 7th North Street in Liverpool, New York 13088 of which claims to be open 24 hours a day. Upon my entering the restaurant I notice three ** people eating, and one at the counter being served. The ** girl (chubby) behind the counter looked at me. She saw me as a 62-year-old veteran ** guy and stated, "We are kind of closed." I immediately left the restaurant which in inside PILOT TRUCK STOP.

I tried to call the McDonald's consumer complaint line, but it was not open. This is a clear pattern and practice of McDonald's restaurants in the Greater Syracuse area. The same thing happened a few years ago at McDonald's on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse, New York. McDonald's clearly discriminates with the ** people (employees) denying food service to ** people. The McDonald's Restaurants in Liverpool and Syracuse and very bad ratings on Google. Clearly, there is a failure to train and supervise.

Original review: June 7, 2018

My husband has been working there for 4 years and kept getting sexually harassed by a female co worker. When he went to tell the manager she just laughed in his face and so he ended up quitting because they would not do anything about it. I will continue to fight on his behalf until something is done about it. I think it's ridiculous!!!

Original review: June 6, 2018

As a consumer, I am embarrass this is a American based company. As TRUMP screams, "Make America great again." chips is the pathetic corporate ** we have to offer. Poor food quality brainwashing parents to take their children there for some STUPID toy.

Original review: June 6, 2018

This evening, as has been the case for many in the last few months, we go to the location on Canton Highway in Marietta, GA. The order is the same: 3 plain cheeseburgers. Most typically there is a very pleasant person at the drive-through window. She is sitting... smiling... welcoming. For all the "grief" Micky-D gets, there is no doubt that the training... and the eagerness-to-please by of the vast majority of their employees... is equal to Fresh Hot Fries, Cold Coke and Quarter Pounder with Cheese. Most of you know that I mean. Great location. ****** That's 6 Stars!

McDonalds Company Information