3.22/5

1228 McDonalds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 15, 2019

The service at this McDonald’s is appalling. This morning I waited in the drive thru for almost 30 mins with only 2 cars in front of me. Unfortunately this is not the first time the service has taken this long and as a result of this I was late for work. They need to get their ** together.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Absolutely shocking service in McDonald’s in Kilkenny. Waited for ages for food. Had to approach the counter then to be told they had no salad for my order. Disgraceful experience. Will not be returning again. Their ordering system was all over the place with staff walking around not knowing who was waiting for what. Disgusted.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2019

We were enjoying our meal (order no. 355) that is when we found a bug floating in our cold drink. We took the glass of Coke to the counter where at first we did not get attention. After telling them for the second time, a person heard and took the glass from our hand, saw the drink and threw it away, offering us for a refill. As if nothing had happened. It is unacceptable to get such a disappointing service and then poor approach to even solve the situation. After paying for your order and then not getting satisfactory service is very disheartening especially from a brand like "McDonald's". This happened in McDonald's CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.

Original review: April 8, 2019

McDonald's need to go back to basics. I've noticed over the last years that the cheese on their burgers and breakfast sandwiches and fish filet is not fully melted. Then I saw why, I observed that they remove patties out of a warming drawer, place the product on the bun and add a slice of cheese, not like before when they actually MELTED the cheese on the patty. It is like eating a pizza or grilled cheese sandwich without the cheese fully melted. Does NOT taste as good as expected. This is one of the reasons McDonald's is losing customers to other chains like In and Out which never lost their basics.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I asked for a hamburger with lettuce, tomatoes and pickles. A normal hamburger. I receive a sloppy slapped together hamburger with onions, pickles, and cheese and of course drenched in ketchup and charged 7.50 with small coke and fries. Come people with deserve better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about McDonalds?

Original review: March 21, 2019

I strongly suggest you read this before using McDonald's horrible mobile app. On at least 5 occasions I have arrived at the restaurant and they said they had NO record of my order yet they charged my charge card. This happened at 4 different McDonald's. Each time the staff said there was nothing they could do about it even though I showed them on my phone the order processed. When I logged an issue on the McDonald's website I got a form response asking for the exact information I provided in the original ticket - clearly no one read my original message.

When I called them they said there was nothing they could do and said the only way anything could happen is if I issue a fraud complaint with my charge card, I do mobile ordering with Subway, Five Guys, Dunkin, Boston Market, Domino's, and Mooyah without any issues. So be warned this was happened to multiple times at different restaurants, they staff clearly has not been trained on what to do, corporate can't help you, and your credit card will be charged.

Original review: March 13, 2019

We go to McDonald's in Jane Mo. The last three times we had app ready to use discount and by time it was our turn to order MD had removed the offer. Complained to some guy named Joe. He refused to honor the offer. Wrote MD and they said app offers get deleted in the store like it was no big deal. More and more I am learning to dislike MD - terrible service, cardboard food and lack of care or concern for the consumer.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My daughter went to McDonald's tonight, waited 45 minutes for the food. Comes to find out they'd forgot her orders. And the restaurant wasn’t even busy. She saw some of the workers either on their cell phone or music earbuds in their ears. Had the manager out but she didn’t do a damn thing. This place is a joke. I had a complaint a while back, but never hear back from the corp. I've been stop going to McDonald for a long time now cause it's a joke.

Original review: March 10, 2019

This food chain is the worst I've ever seen in my entire life. I've been to just about every state except New York and Michigan and Wisconsin. I've ate at McDonald's across the U.S. because I travel for my job so I'm always on the go. I've went to numerous McDonald's and have the same issue. Every McDonald's I go to the service is always crappy. Customer service is very poor. The employees are always rude. Most of the time when you order food you expect to get what you pay for. They either hand you someone else's food or they hand you your food and leave things out of your bag. Such as this morning in Leesville, Louisiana. There is a McDonald's on Entrance Road and when I went there I first went there last night for dinner.

I ordered a number 6 which is a 10-piece nugget meal with large fry, large Coke. I get to the drive-thru window. Paid for my order. I get up there to the second window. They hand me my drink. Asked me to pull off in Lane number 6. So I did. Noticed there is another person waiting in line as well. This person I watched through my rearview mirror get an employee to bring him his food twice. I got out of my truck and asked the man in the vehicle how long has he been waiting. He said 15 minutes and he's running late for work now. I said, "Yeah I have 15 minutes as well to make it to work." Only because we both work on post therefore I told the man I said, "Yeah it's too bad it's not like it used to be at McDonald's." Customer service was very nice and polite and they were always granted five stars because of the simple reason they literally worked their ** off for their money however the people nowadays just does not care.

Needless to say I got my order and before the ** female if you want to call it that walked away from my truck. I hurried up and glanced in my bag just to find out I have a small fry. I turned around in my seat and hollered at the woman to come here. The woman walked back smiling. I said, "Do y'all ever check the bags before you deliver them to the customer." She said yes. I said, "Do you look at receipts before you do that." She said yes. I said, "Okay then explain to me why I have a small fry in my bag." She said, "That's because that's what you ordered" and with my receipt in my hand I smile back at her and stepped out of my truck and handed her my receipt and I said, "For your information. Now I know you're full of crap because I have my receipt in my hand which you do not have in your hand. You are not going to sit here and tell me that you glanced into my bag and made sure I had everything I needed."

She said, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I will go back in and get you a large fry." Keep in mind I've been sitting here waiting for 10 minutes. The conversation with the woman lead on about a minute and 30 seconds give or take. She went inside and magically disappeared. I waited a little longer. I finally got irritated and walk inside and ask the woman behind the counter where is the woman that I spoke with. It was handing me my food outside. She said, "I don't know what you're talking about. I said, "I need my large fries" so she handed me a large fry.

With that out of the way this morning I go in there leaving work to get a big breakfast with hotcakes and a double order of biscuits and gravy with a large Coke. The Coke was fine and the double order of biscuits and gravy would have been okay if the lid wasn't open when they handed it to me. However I did not have time this morning to glance into the bag because there was a line of traffic behind me. I was not trying to be rude to other customers so I was going to get out of their way noticing that there is no other parking spot. I went ahead and left and went home.

I made it to my home. I looked into my bag which was the tall white plastic bag that the big breakfast with hotcakes normally comes in. I open the bag up when I get to the house just to find out my biscuits and gravy or all over the inside of the bag. I was a little upset about that. No big deal though. I can still eat it. So I looked through the rest of my bag. Noticed there is no syrup, there is no fork, no napkins, no hash browns, no sausage and one pancake. So I said hell no. I Googled that store's number. Ask to speak to a manager. The manager was the one that I was talking to on the phone and it said, "How can I help you." I told the person I said I'm just calling to complain about my order. I said I ordered a big breakfast with hotcakes and a double order biscuits and gravy with a large Coke. There was no napkins, no straw, no fork, no syrup, no hash browns.

I told the manager of that store I live 15 miles down the road and I will be coming back into town within the next hour and ask the manager if he could give me my hash browns and my condiments. He said, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience sir but we have a strong strict policy against that we are not allowed to give you anything once you leave our property." I said already, "So you're just saying that you will not give me what I ordered." He said, "That is correct you have already left the property." Noticing how I downloaded an automatic recorder to my phone I had recorded this person saying this if I could be able to put this recording on here I would gladly do that so everyone could hear this ignoramus ** tell his customer that he will not give him his order.

I told the manager that I will be contacting corporate because it's not just their location that's at fault on this so I Google corporate's number. It went on for a few minutes with automated talking then directed me to someone which was a lady that represents McDonald's in some sort. I told her my problem. She kept trying to interrupt me by saying she apologizes. I told her three times I'm not asking for an apology. I'm asking for a resolve for the problem because y'all are really making things difficult for your customers on your own due to the simple fact that y'all give customers crappy service.

I said, "Hell, Wendy's and Burger King doesn't give this crappy service and a lot of times I choose Wendy's over McDonald's" and she says, "Would you like to speak to a corporate manager?" I said, "Isn't that what you told me you was?" She said, "No sir I did not." I said, "Yes ma'am you did because I have you right here saying it." She said, "What do you mean." I said, "You know how you said this call is being recorded. Well I also told you this call is being recorded and seeing how you did not listen to what I told you you just kept on babbling out of your mouth." She said, "So I am being recorded." I said, "That is 100% correct."

She said, "Well I will tell you this right now. I do not give you permission to record me and I will sue you if you try anything funny. I told the lady I said, "You'll hear something funny. McDonald's is the biggest joke that's ever been and ever will be and hopefully will be no longer because y'all are basically idiots with no purpose. Y'all hire high school kids that does not care about anything in the world except for making some pocket cash so they can go buy them some rolling papers and get them some smoke and get laid. That's all they care about other than that being on their cell phone while trying to take orders and serve customers."

The lady started acting very disgruntled with me and I really did not care because I've had enough with this McDonald's crap. I know back when I was a young teenager McDonald's didn't have a dine-in or drive-thru. It was you pull up into their parking lot. You walk up to the window. You order your food just like at a Dairy Bar. You get your food within the first 45 seconds of your wait and definitely did not get told to pull over in another parking spot so you could wait even longer. But back then customer service was very very excellent.

Everything was perfect and then they started franchising themselves out even further then it begin to be a big deal. McDonald's was everywhere. Then it began to be crappy service. When I was young I loved eating there but now it's beginning to be an issue for quick in and out fix for food. Very crappy service. I'm very unsatisfied and they make more money now than they have ever and they still complain about. This job sucks how I told an employee at McDonald's. One time the job is only how you make it and I told her I said I've been in the military for 28 years and there's one term that I have learned throughout my 28 years of service. She said, "What's that?" I said, "Embrace the suck."

I told her I said, "What you need to do is walk out that door, quit your job and go flush toilets for a living because that's apparently the only thing you're qualified to do not caring." Whether or not I hurt the person's feelings when they do this to themselves no one does this to them. When a person shows up for work disgruntled that is their own personal problem and which should not be relayed towards their customers. You are not supposed to deviate from company policy and I have firmly read their policy in their online website under their career area. That's saying the customer is always right goes both ways. Needless to say this morning is my last stop in McDonald's. From now on my wife and children will no longer be visiting their franchise either. Words of wisdom. I would go to another franchise that offers better customer service and quality.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Went to McDonald's Gateway and for the third time they had no ice cream! I have walked a distance for this. How is it possible to advertise something that's not in stock? Pathetic... Absolutely pathetic!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Ok. I purchased a McDouble and when I bit into the burger I had gotten shock. Look down and my meat was raw. Not only raw but they left that paper still on the meat that supposed to be taken off when you cook the burger. I’ve been sick all night throwing up, sweating. I’m getting a lawyer because I called the McDonalds, they never answer. I talk to corporate and they said they would call me right back and I haven’t heard from anyone.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I was being ignored. I ordered my food for there and they put it in a bag. I went to grab my bag and all my food came out of the bottom of the bag. They tried to say I did it on purpose and it wasn't. They started to yell at me to clean it up. I told them I did not do it on purpose and they called me a liar. I asked for my food again and they told me no that I threw the food on the floor on purpose.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Food causing diarrhea. I ordered regular McChicken with added cheese and bacon at the McDonalds inside Walmart on Cockrell Hill in Dallas TX. The McChicken was brown inside the meat and I told them and they said “I dont know, it's fresh; It's McDonalds what do you expect.” The next day I ordered another McChicken thinking it wasnt going to happen again but it did. I have pictures as proof.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Went thru the drive thru this morning. Realized I was given the wrong amount of change after I drove to the window. Told the woman at the window. Mind you it was only one penny. But it is my money and I should be asked if I want my money or not. Which they have done in the past. I always say yes. I'm pretty sure that I need my penny more then McDonald's does. She got an attitude right away. Said I will give you a penny. She handed it to me and then said here do you need a few more? How unprofessional and condescending on her part.

I asked to speak to manager. He waddled over and looked at my order and turned around and walked off. I kept telling her how unprofessional she was and had an attitude. Hope everyone that says "no keep the penny" realizes how many McDonald's there are around the world. Those pennies add up. Just making McDonald's a richer company that has terrible service. I would go every morning for breakfast and sometimes for lunch. I won't be back to any McDonald's period. That will definitely save me high blood pressure and $100+ a month.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We ordered 9-pieces McNuggets. Later we changed this into 20-pieces. When we paid, we found out on the receipt that we paid for both. So we wanted to cancel the 9-piece order, but this was not possible the cashier said. Once ordered and paid it is not possible to cancel she said. She did not even attempt to correct. So we asked to her co-worker, but she also refused to cancel the incorrect order. We still had to wait for our food, but nevertheless it was not possible to cancel anymore. This is really very bad service and not customer friendly at all. I have never experienced this bad service before.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I used the McDonald's Mobile App and I ended up paying twice for the same order. I had to talk to 4 different people regarding the issue and it's still not resolved. To make things worse the agent representing the App had the nerve to tell me that she would not transfer me to a supervisor unless I gave her more information. This woman argued with me until I had no choice but to hang up. So unbelievable... They lost a customer. I will never ever order food from McDonald's. Someone needs to remind McDonald's that customers come first.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Firstly I want to say that the no one at the front knows how to take orders. I told the person that I want the burger with hashbrown and no meat 4-5 times because he was not getting it but I got the burger with bacon in it. After taking one bite, I asked at the front to check if my burger has some meat in it and he said he did not know and to ask someone else. I am a pure vegetarian and this isn't what I expected from such a reputable company. Also if the employee at the front was a trainee there should be a trainer present too. This is the worst McDonald's I have ever visited. I want you to take action regarding this whole scenario or I am going to sue them.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I ordered: 3 large fries, cheesy bacon fries, 3 McChickens, and a quarter pounder with cheese, I only got the fries. Nothing else. I paid twenty dollars and 83 cents. When I got the food they said, "Have a nice day." Then when I got home all I found in my bag was 3 fries and cheesy bacon fries. LIKE WTFFF. RIPOFFFF.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I ordered a meal for delivery to my workplace as I'm working night shift, the order number ** was placed around 21:30 using the app, delivery was said to be around 21:55-22:10. So I went to the gate at 21:50, waited a few mins and then tried to track my order using the app only to find out that the order has been canceled. So I'm at work now doing night shift with no food for the entire night. Will have to starve until I get home at 6:00 am tomorrow morning!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I bought a Quarter-pounder at the McDonald's in Marlin, Tx and started eating it and noticed the meat was raw. I took it back. They could make another burger, I don't think so. I'm done with McDonald's because the manager had no understanding saying at least I know it was real meat. I don't care - then make them well done.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Coupons have been a big tradition in this family of ours. We have one kid named Jonn, one named Mildred and the rest we left at Home Depot as a punishment. The pancakes are my favorite. Make sure to ask for ketchup because for some reason they don't just give it to you with your pancake order. However ketchup on my pancakes gives me some pretty nasty gas. I timed one of my farts once after eating the pancakes with ketchup and it came out at 17.89 seconds. But it did smell good. Like I was saying with coupons you can get pancakes for nothing less than full price! Saved me a fortune! (So did leaving the kids at Home Depot.)

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I've lived in the Jane/Falstaff area over 20 years and have frequented this location, however, over the past 2-3 years the customer service has gone down the dumps. I try not to go there in the mornings, because the regular day staff are poor customer service reps. For the past week, each morning I've stopped at the Jane/Major Mackenzie location and ordered the coffee & bagel (with cream cheese) special (in the coupon). The coupon states the small coffee for $1.99, however, I've been able to upsized the coffee (for an additional cost).

This morning I (despite my former view) decided to stop at Jane/Falstaff location for the coffee/bagel and again, I asked for a medium coffee. The staff was very rude and abrupt. She stated that upsizing is not allowed and "there is no option on the computer to punch it in". I informed her that I've had this same order at another location, but she informed me that McDonald's is a franchise so she cannot comment on what other stores do. I was shocked by this. I decided to just get the medium coffee. She told me to drive forward. On the screen (at the drive-through) the coffee was $1.

When I got to the pick-up window, the server said $1.05 for the total. I asked if they are now doing $1 coffee (any size). I asked this as there was no signage of the start for $1-any size coffee. Without skipping a beat, the server informed me "I've already made your medium coffee so you can't change the size" (I'm not sure why she felt I wanted to change the size... I only asked for confirmation of the $1 any size coffee). Anyway, I've had many run ins with the staff at this location, but I find the morning crew lack customer service skills. I am aware that this location gets very busy, and it can be very stressful, but the customers deserve better service.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Picked up an order through the drive through. I got home and found out I had received a meat burger instead of a vegetarian burger. When I rang up to see if they will deliver me a new one, they said I would have to pay the full amount of what I paid and pay for the delivery via the Uber eats app, or come back into the store to exchange. Therefore an easy meal has turned into two trips to McDonald's wasting petrol. They then went on telling me they don’t sell spicy bean burgers which I had one over the last month in the same place. Fair enough if they explained to us when we originally was about to order they don’t sell them anymore however they didn’t and gave me a meat burger. I won’t be attending this McDonald's again. Get your orders right and make sure the food is hot, due to purpose of hygiene and the purpose of they want a good meal!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

This Lethbridge Alberta Canada restaurant in Fairmont Plaza South is HORRIBLE! So dirty I can't imagine someone won't be poisoned there soon. And the service was so bad I'm still wondering what the hell is going on there. The manager was an idiot of epic proportions. There was garbage strewn everywhere in the children's play area and there were almost no customers so no excuse. Tables were filthy and we all had to come home and shower. What a sty. Plus our food was slow to come. Many other people complained while we were there. NEVER GOING BACK.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Worst visit of my life. I order 2 McChickens and they have clumps of yellow stuff in it and big chunks of grizzle in it as well. They tasted horrible so did the nuggets. The fries were unsalted. Everything tasted horrible and now me and my 1 yr old are both sick and have been sick since we ate this stuff last night (Dec 28th). Just saying people need to get their crap together. This is at the PRYOR Oklahoma location.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Being Christmas day many of the fast food outlets were closed. We found a McDonald's open on Burnhamthorpe in Mississauga. I ordered a BIG MAC combo with only mustard and onions. When they delivered my order to our table and I opened the wrapping it was most unbelieving. The patties that were in this bun were at minimum about three paper napkins thick. It was difficult to believe that this BIG MAC combo was over $10.00 with taxes. There was no meat. To me it looked like the patties were for the kid's meal and not a regular size hamburger patty.

Even a person sitting next to us looked at this BIG MAC and said to me, "That looks really pathetic" of which I totally agreed with him. In comparison to other hamburger fast food restaurants this is the worst that I have ever eaten, except for a place in Montreal which advertises the thinnest hamburger available. I think they lose out to these pathetic looking hamburger patties I received from McDonald's.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

McDonalds has really gone downhill in the past few months. The past 2 visits to McDonalds in Walkersville, MD. have been NASTY. Rotten lettuce and tomatoes, some kind of yellowish looking liquid in the corner of the box, hard rolls and even missing rolls from my BigMac once. I used to buy my husband lunch there a lot but here lately we don't go there due to the fear of getting sick because of rotten foods. Very disappointed customer.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Keeps deteriorating. Consistently out of strawberry and cream pies. Dr Pepper tasted like 5% syrup and 95% carbonated water, warm french fries, not so cordial employees, slow service, their only advantage and I do mean the only positive is the 24 hour drive thru. Sad **. But every franchisee is a millionaire so what do they care???

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Went through drive thru. Ordered a happy meal, a big Mac $6 meal and a mushroom burger meal, the car in front of me was already pulled over waiting for their food, I get to the window. I get the drinks and happy meal and they tell me to pull over. They would bring the order out. The 1st car I watch the employee return to their car 3 times before it was right. I should have been next to get my order but they had every car waiting for their orders. I counted 5 cars, so they gave my food to the wrong car.

I had to go in and show my receipt and ask where's my food, just to find out they gave it away so they took their sweet ** time getting my order because I said I was going to make a complaint. When I got the bag it was still not right. Was missing a fry and a pie. This evening shift is so unqualified and unprofessional even the manager on duty could not get anything right or get employees to do their jobs. Get it right people and you think you should make $15 an hour. Get real. You got to get it right or you aren't worth **.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I'm a Walmart Employee and I take my breaks and lunch in your McDonalds store #30365. I have been frequenting this McDonalds for approximately the past four years. I have a visual disability and am legally blind. In the past your employees have been so nice and accommodating in helping me with my drink at the drink dispenser station. I have always been so appreciative for this service until today. I placed my order and was handed my food/drink cup. I then asked for help and was told, "No I can't help you." Shocked and saddened by this I took my food/drink cup and had a seat to ponder what had just happened.

I was really thirsty and decided to ask for help again thinking that previously there had been a communication problem. I went back to the counter and asked a different employee if they would be kind enough to help me and explained that I could not see well enough to get my own drink. I again was refused help and received a no answer without explanation. I was finally able to get a co-worker to help me. I am truly saddened by the way I was treated. I hope those people who refused me help never incur a similar disability and need help someday.

McDonalds Company Information