1.39/5
Based on 111 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 21, 2018

1160 McDonalds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 21, 2018

The new 1/4 pounder looks very good on TV with the nice thick fresh beef and the cheese dripping out, fact is though it's still just the old one made to look better for TV but when you open it it looks nothing like it does in the commercial. The flavor has not changed and the price they charge is a joke. Wendy's is less and has more flavor and In-N-Out put it to shame. I had to try it at least once but I won't be trying it a second time. It was very disappointing to say the least.

Original review: May 11, 2018

2 can Dine for $11.48 - The CSR who took my order (in which I advised upon ordering that I had a coupon) would not Honor my coupon at check out. He stated and I quote "I do not have to accept your coupon", "and I do not have to, and I will not adjust your total". I was completely shocked. Still, I am not even sure if he was joking... But he was not. This review will not change the fact that McDonalds is a multi millionaire company... And more than likely, will never this.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I went to the counter and asked the girl to make fresh coffee. It was May 8, 2018 approximately 8:30 pm. They did not provide a receipt. The girl agreed. (She was a manager/at least she wore a manager shirt) The owner's granddaughter served me out of the other pot. When the girl explained I was waiting, the granddaughter got confrontational with the employee and then with me saying if I had a problem then don't come back to her store claiming I complained multiple times. Last year or maybe two years ago I called because they gave me rotten expired apples with my oatmeal.

Original review: April 27, 2018

McDonald's in East Palatka Florida - I have had to wait over 5 min. numerous times before someone even comes over the intercom to take my order. The last time I waited just to find out the ice cream machine was down, so I was unable to get the item I wanted anyway. This store consistently has issues with timely manner in the Drive-Thru.

Original review: April 27, 2018 In drive thru made order. At window drive thru lady looks at me and puts food on table. Then I wait. She comes back and says, "What you need." I said, "My food".

Oh. And Toss me the bag. Excluding syrup and butter that is a part of meal. I wait till she comes back. And she Toss bag in mine. Grumpy look. Then I left. Notice still missing items. I came in told them what happened. They refuse to heat up my food and give what is on order. Then refused refund. Manager extremely rude to me and said she don't care I not get refund. And continued serving her Hispanic customers over me in this predicament.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about McDonalds?

Original review: April 26, 2018

My daughter and I went to McDonald's in Chicago IL on Tuesday April 24, 2018. We both had the steak, egg, and cheese bagels. I was eating and thought I had swallowed something. I was perplexed and thought that maybe it was the edge of the bagel or something. Literally minutes later, my daughter was shocked and pulled something out of her mouth. It was a bone. Not only that, she has several little pieces in her mouth. She went to the bathroom and spit it out. I went to the manager and showed the piece to her. I told her I wanted an incident report. She filled out one for my daughter and I. I saved the receipts for the original sale and the refund. I took pictures as well. We were so grossed out that I threw it all out.

On Wednesday April 25, 2018. I woke up and sat at my computer. Where I literally went on myself. I had diarrhea and bad stomach cramps. I went to work and my daughter was calling me after I got there. Bad stomach pains as well. I left work and took her to the emergency room. We both were looked at and I was told that whatever I swallowed and we ate was in passing. We were told we had a stomach virus and was given an antacid and antispasmodic colon medicine which is a regimen for 7 days. Grew up on McDonald's but will never eat there again.

Original review: April 26, 2018

My name is Rev. Joey **, I Pastor a Church here in Raleigh North Carolina, I go to McDonalds here on Louisburgh/ Spring Forest Road. I eat breakfast there every morning, but on the morning of April 20, 2018, at around 10 AM, I bought a biscuit, I consumed half of it until I bit down on an object that was pretty large in size. It scraped my gum and I removed it from my mouth and so happens that an Employee was just passing by and got the Regional Manager who was on duty at that time. His name was Charles **, we both took pictures of the object and he took my Information and retrieved the foreign object to send off and be Investigated.

I immediately regurgitated and got sick to my Stomach and went to the emergency room at Wake Medical Hospital on New Bern Ave. in Raleigh, where I was there for many hours getting Flushed Out and treated for nausea and vomiting and stomach pains, I have yet, to hear from anyone concerning this matter and I am beginning to look at McDonalds in a different light. I do not deserve this kind of treatment, but I feel that the power and money that Mcdonalds have and success in business have drawn them to not care about the customers who Legitimately Complain against the imperfections, Therefore, I have a hospital bill and haven't heard from any Insurance Company or attorney to address any physical or punitive damages that I have endured since this happened.

Therefore, with my Church as my witness, I will if necessary, allow my Church and the community, to boycott this restaurant until this is financially settled. I have access to media and pictures and I am well respected in Raleigh, So before this happens, I offer you the opportunity, right now to get this right with me, and for future customers. Thank you much.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Raw chicken McNuggets - We ordered from McDonalds Northgate Cyberzone Alabang, Muntinlupa delivery April 19, at 4:30 PM. They delivered it fried outside but raw inside (bloody and cold). 2 children who ate some had stomach pain. I called hotline and wrote customer care in the Philippines. I got a response 3 hours after. I know McDonald's has a good image and reputation but tainted by a branch with poor quality and very bad customer service.

Original review: April 18, 2018

McDonald's US Hwy 1 South Saint Augustine, Florida - I have many time waited in line at the drive-thru and inside for as long as 15 minutes for an ice cream cone or shake to find out the ice cream machine doesn’t work. It would be nice to have a sign outside stating the machine is out of order so we don’t have to go through this.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Monday night around 8 pm went thru the drive-thru, ordered 1/4 pounder, double 1/4 pounder & happy meal (for granddaughter), when the rude employee gave us our food our 1/4 pounders were basically thrown together & tasted horrible & my granddaughter's fries were cold as well!! 9 times out of 10 they never get my order right & the food is almost always cold & almost not worth eating & the fries always taste like they’ve been sitting around all day!! Service in the drive-thru is ALWAYS slow even if there’s no other customers in the line! McDonald’s South Highland is the absolute WORST fast food restaurant I’ve been to!!

Original review: April 10, 2018

Monday April 9, 2018 at around 2:20 pm I was with my mom and decided I wanted to stop and get something to eat because I haven't ate all day. I asked my mom if she can make a quick stop at the McDonalds at Port Union in Scarborough so I can get food. I ordered just a double cheese burger sandwich and that's all. I just needed something to hold my hunger for the moment, since I haven't ate.

Then we drove off to get my daughter from school. Picked up my daughter asked her if she wanted a bite of my burger and she took a bit and said she didn't want anymore because she doesn't really like McDonalds or fast food. Then I took a bite and bit into something hard, thank God it wasnt my 5 year old daughter who bit it and thank God I didnt break a tooth. If I had chomped down hard I probably would of broke a tooth. Then I spit out the piece of burger that was in my mouth and felt the meat to find what it was I had bitten into. I came across what appeared to be a little piece of bone, I was so disgusted and traumatized, I've never experienced a piece of bone or whatever that hard substance was in my burgers before. My mom said maybe it's bone from them grinding the beef, but that isn't acceptable. If it had been my daughter who bit that piece instead of me she could of broke a tooth or choked.

I was so disgusted and said I'll never eat from McDonalds again. Like I said I was hungry and just needed something to put in my stomach and McDonalds was on the way home, but usually I wouldn't buy McDonalds because it's always something, but this was the final straw. I'm sure the seagulls enjoyed the burger though cause I gave it to them but I should of brought it back and got my money back and take a picture to show them. I was just too mad to drive back and I had to pick up my 5 year old daughter from school, so I didn't bother go back to McDonalds. I definitely will NOT be going back to McDonalds for any of their food EVER!

Original review: April 7, 2018

McDonald's has updated most of their stores in our area to a double window. It's been a miserable experience since. Average wait time of 20-40min per visit. They simply do not have the manpower to adequately operate two windows. I feel like they're getting more business because people are expecting them to be able to handle it when in reality people are just getting frustrated.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I had the WORST experience tonight at the McDonalds off Sterling and 40 highway in Independence, MO tonight. I got there and parked to pull up my app, I was going to do a mobile order but after fighting with the app for 10 min I decided just to have them scan the coupon at the window because I noticed it wasn't a mobile order only coupon, but when I got to the window the code for them to scan wouldn't load. I fiddled with the app more trying to get it to work. The manager came over and asked if there was a problem and I said, "The ** app won't load the coupon and I'm trying to get it to pull up". She immediately took offense and acted like I shot her dog or something cause I said the f word. It wasn't even directed at her. I was frustrated with the app.

I asked the guy if he could just honor the coupon. He went to ask and came back and said no he couldn't. He needed to scan it. I played with the app a couple more minutes and finally got it to pull up and he scanned it and I paid for my food. I asked him what the managers name was and he wouldn't answer me. The manager came in the room just then and she ignored my question too acting like I wasn't there and closed the door. I gave up and pulled forward and she stood in the other window so I wanted to get her picture so I could tell corporate who she was because no one would give me her name and decided just to record the rest of my visit because of them ignoring me. She saw my phone and flipped out. Whatever. So I tried to get her name a couple more times but they wouldn't give it to me. I didn't realize it at first but they were not getting me my food and started to just have the other customers pull ahead of me.

The employees were smirking and having a good old time when they would pass the window. The kid that took my order came to the window and said he forgot what I ordered and I told him to, "Please stop playing. Just make the food" because I had to get to work. You can hear an employee tell a car behind me just to go around me and they'll get their food. I tried to get the girl ignoring me at the windows attention at the end of the video but she wouldn't acknowledge me. I waited over 15 min since I paid before I had enough and went inside. My camera had stopped recording then. One of the young teen boy employees said shes inside now all excited like he was having a good old time with what was going on.

The manager asked again what I had ordered and said she'd make it now. Everyone was smirking and laughing. I asked the curly haired kid from the video for the owners name and he said he couldn't help me with that. The owner came in and the lady tried to tell her she had already given me my food. She also said the employees told her I was trying to get my food for free. She wasn't concerned about them purposely making me wait about 20 min for an order she was able to make for me in 2 minutes. She told me It doesn't Matter if I contact corporate because it will just go back to her. I will never eat McDonalds again after how I was treated and I recommend you don't either.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Breakfast vs Lunch Time - I drove thru the McDonalds at 89th and Penn in Oklahoma City at approximately 1020 (I was not aware it was before 1030 to be honest) on 4 Apr 18 and ordered a small fries and some children's milk (for my grand daughter who was in the car with me) - the person taking my order asked me to repeat what my second item was so again I said a children's milk with the small fries. She then told me to get my total at the window. There was a long line of cars in the drive thru's so I had to wait a while. When I finally got to the window the young man at the window said they were not serving fries yet. I said the girl did not tell me that when I ordered. He said nothing - So I said I was taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Your large lids for the Styrofoam tea cups have not fit for the longest time. I know I am not the only person to complain. The lids constantly pop off causing spills every single time. I have ruined clothes and important papers because of this not to mention my car now has tea and soda stains on the seats and carpets.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I went to McDonald’s to get the Parfaits at 9:06 pm 3/24/18. It was 3 cars in front of me and it took 14 minutes to get my order. I get home and check the shelf life label: It read Enjoy by 8:20 PM 3/24/18. This is the 7th time this has happened to me within less than a month's time. (I enjoy these as a late night snack and buy almost every night) and it’s the only thing to me that taste good from McDonald’s. But after my 6th incident on getting “old parfaits" they would always check them but it looks like it’s starting back. What happened to quality control in this restaurant. But that’s my last visit to McDonald’s.

Original review: March 19, 2018

There is a McDonald's store that I used to go to but it was so bad that I stopped going and even patronizing McDonald's altogether. This dirty, poor imitation of a fast food place is in Queens on Long Island City at 31-46 21 Street. Store is simply put gross, food if you can even call it that is among the worst food ever created. McDonald's has these constant advertisements making appear as though their food is so delicious and you should go there to be filled.

Well, not if you're going to this tragedy of a McDonald's. Also the customer service is a joke and all you see working there are a certain ethnic group that cannot speak English and therefore communication is non-existent unless you enjoy repeating yourself over and over again (not worth the trouble or hassle). Dirty tables, non-existent customer service and stomach turning food equals McDonald's 21 Street McDonald's. If you like quality food and better service don't go there. Go to Wendy's instead.

Original review: March 18, 2018

My 7 yr old loves to go to McDonalds, it's sort of a Sunday afternoon ritual he looks forward to every week...going to McDonalds with his dad, it's almost like one of their commercials! Unfortunately the experience gets worse every weekend. First of all the restaurant was absolutely filthy. He likes the locations with the play area. I mean dried mustard/ketchup on the tables, onions and pickles that had fallen off someone's hamburger. It was really awful, I cleaned our table myself with wipes. If there had been another McDonalds anywhere close by I would have left. Then I had to wait to place our order until the young girl at the register finished her conversation with a friend of hers who standing there chit chatting. Saying things like "may I help you," " thank you," will that be all," etc., are not required but at least eye contact or an acknowledgment that I was heard and understood.

After her, and then the manager, asking me twice if it was to go or for dining in the restaurant they still got it wrong and got the order wrong. The attitude was one of annoyance, like my son and my presence there was an annoying interruption. It's too bad Chik-fil-A is closed on Sundays. I've had unpleasant experiences so many times at the McDonalds locations in Rankin County Mississippi that I have decided we are not coming back. The food is not good then add the filthy/dirty facility and negative attitude and I'm done!!

Original review: March 17, 2018

A few months ago I was in McDonalds with a few friends of mine. We were there for lunch but had to get back to school, we ordered food and had to wait 25 minutes!!! We were late for school... I thought McDonalds always said "KIDS COME FIRST!" Well I guess not because all we ordered that day was: 1 wrap, 2 fries, 2 fountain pop and because of their new updates we had to wait 25 minutes for our food which I didn't like. Another time which happened recently my mom was at McDonalds in Dartmouth crossing and she was ordering a coffee for my dad. She had to wait 15 minutes for one ** coffee!! I don't like the service here. I think it should be a lot better maybe back to the days it used to be. Thanks. Hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: March 13, 2018

The McDonald's on the 31st and memorial are very disrespectful! Very! They literally argued with my grandma about scanning to redeem her frappe points on the buy 5 get 1 free. She wouldn't listen to us. She kept trying to tell us, "You can't use 2 coupons at same time." But it wasn't a coupon, it was to just redeem that I bought a frappe so eventually we could get the free 1. We asked to speak with manager and then the manager asked what was going on and finally scanned it for us. I find it very rude to that the Mexican lady at the drive through window was literally in a screaming fight with my granny! Not only do they not know how to do job correctly they don't respect anyone. I mean at least have the respect their elders. It was a terrible experience!

I also didn't like how the girl and manager went from speaking English to Spanish thinking I couldn't understand what they were saying but I took Spanish in college and I don't like being called ungrateful entitled gringo just because I wanted to redeem my last frappe purchase. So anyway I decided to redeem my free frappe the next day so I decided I'd give them 1 more shot since the other McDonald's are more of a drive. So long story short there I had the same people in the drive through but this time even though it says buy 5 any size frappe then get any size frappe for free. Well she took one look at me said, "I give you medium. I said, "No I need a large" and she said, "No I still give you medium." I then got mad because who is she to tell me what size I get when I'm allowed to choose so I showed her and read coupon to her and showed it says any size so I said, "A large please." She said nope.

I asked speak to manager. I got same manager. She's an older Mexican lady and I showed her it said any size and I wanted a large. She noticed I was from the other day. I know she did and she turns around and says, "Ok I give you large", so I pull forward to the 2nd window. They give me my frappe and it was a medium!!! And wrong kind! So I go back inside and say, "I asked for a large and I asked for a caramel frappe. You guys gave me a medium mocha." What did she say. Well she tells me, "I still give you medium. You will not get large. I will not allow you large", and I said, "Excuse me and I go either way." I need a new one because it's wrong flavor so why not give me large. She had make new one anyway but instead she still gives me a medium instead! So if you ask me that McDonald's needs more English speaking workers because no one and I mean literally no one can understand them through the drive through.

Everyone I ask says they wish they had English speakers at the drive thru and I suggest more training and a good talking to with the morning manager out there. She's Mexican also but I didn't catch her name. I just know she is there every morning and so is the other women. They need to know they can't treat people like that. It's bad business. Me and 10 others will never go back there because they witnessed it or have had it happen to them there so please do something about this! It isn't right one bit to tell someone what they can and can't order when it's all on the menu. They didn't offer me anything in return for my troubles or done anything to fix it. When I went and did their survey I got a buy one get one free but I ain't buying anything from that place until they fix it! So it's useless. I'm not wasting money there until I know things got fixed. Until then McDonald's have lost a few customers.

I hope this review though will actually get read and maybe something good will come out of this and they can get the proper training because name calling and telling me I can't have what I ordered just because they didn't like that I corrected them the 1st time I went there and I waited until I went there with my granny this morning because she wanted a coffee and so we went there to see if maybe the review may of helped and we could deal with proper trained workers instead of ones looking for a fight but omg we were wrong.

Same argument again. Why don't your workers understand the frappe thing isn't a coupon. It's just to redeem points so if you use a coupon with your order and you also order a frappe they need to know they can scan the frappe thing also after the coupon but they won't listen to me about it not being coupon and like I said above this was last time. We ever go there until they decide to provide better business with their customers. I spent a lot there when I go so they just ruined having me as a loyal customer now!

Original review: March 11, 2018

I picked up McDonalds in Hillside IL on Roosevelt Rd. on my way home from work. I went through the drive-thru to order my food and pay for it. When I got home I noticed the fries had a strange aroma. Upon closer sniff examination, I determine the fries smelled like strong cologne. I don't know if the fries were sprayed directly with cologne or if someone stood over the fries while applying cologne to themselves. Either scenario is unacceptable! I added a complaint on McDonalds' website and requested that the cameras be reviewed. How very disgusting and unsanitary! This complaint will be forwarded to the Board of Health, as well.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018 I am a long time customer of five locations in my county (St. Lucie County, Florida). Unless something changes with the way things are currently, I will never go back. I'm not the only one who feels this way as there are many times where angry customers left Fort Pierce location hungry and/or unhappy due to terrible service, unhealthy environment, lack of care, and unpleasant staff. I walk in, use the new kiosk to place my order which is a disgusting experience as the screen usually has smudges from God knows what/who on it. When is the last time the screen was wiped clean/disinfected. A minute later a gentleman and his daughter come in. The girl working the register told them to use the kiosk. Mind you, the three of us were the only people in line and a few cars in drive-through.

The gentleman asked her "Do I have to?" Cashier pause then says "Yeah" not yes sir. Blank stare. Totally uncomfortable.

A few days later I'm waiting for my order again and this poor little elderly woman comes in and is asked to use kiosk. I see this woman turn around, stare at this intimidating machine and after a few minutes I can tell she is very upset. I ask her, "Ma'am are you ok?" She asks "Is the register broken?" I say, "Ma'am, I'm not sure but I can help you if you like." Meanwhile, a staff member is literally doing nothing but staring at the computer expo screen and notices me, a customer, assisting another customer and does nothing. The woman was thankful for my help and I was yet again very dissatisfied with my visit to what used to be my favorite fast food joint. Yet another time (3rd time in a row) I notice one vehicle in drive-through. I walk in. I see two people have already ordered and they are waiting. I use kiosk to order three McChickens and a large Coke. I'm at the register for at least five minutes. The same two people are still waiting for their food.

In comes a young woman who was apparently from the drive-through. I can see she is genuinely angry. She says to one of the other patrons. "This is ridiculous, nobody even took my order." Now I'm there, two customers before me still waiting. And an angry drive-through customer. Staff members failed to notice or completely ignored the fact that we were there. Angry customer number one leaves now totally pissed off. That hurt me. I'm thinking she was probably craving that oh so good Big Mac but now has to go somewhere else. At least her presence will be valued. Now at this point I'm pretty much turned off. So I leave. I was there for literally 7 or 8 minutes with no greet, ring up or any kind of interaction from any staff member. That was two nights ago. (2/22/18).

I don't know why but I tried to go there again this evening for dinner... I stood at the register instead of going to kiosk. I was greeted with "Would you use the kiosk?" I say, "No. I guess ten dollars an hour isn't enough for you to give a half a damn so your employer is replacing you with a computer. Your job wont exist soon. I'll go to Burger King where a PERSON WILL SAY "HI WELCOME TO BURGER KING, HOW MAY I HELP YOU?" AHHH THAT'S NICE. FEELS LIKE BEING REINTRODUCED INTO CIVILIZATION... Please do away with kiosk. There are several reasons why it's just terrible. Epilepsy, blindness, people who are computer illiterate, and just unhealthy unhygienic people/children sticking their gross dirty nasty fingers on the screen. I'm surprised the health department doesn't ban them. You know, cold and flu spread fast. One sick person can create many.

Start regulating your establishments a little better or you will become a thing of the past. I can already see a local decline. Everything mentioned above was rather recent (the past two months or so). This never used to be a big problem before the computers or before minimum wage went to ten dollars an hour. (Specific location 2524 S 4th Street Fort Pierce FL, 34982) (store phone #7724651410). Somehow my order is never wrong but then again how difficult can it be to put 3 McDoubles in a bag and give them to the right person? You see I am a long time worker in the restaurant industry, I've even worked for McDonalds before so I'm not just some disgruntled customer. I understand what goes into preparing food. Even though I sometimes don't like my current chosen profession, I still never slack on customer service. Or cut corners just to avoid doing what is required of me while I'm on the clock.

I always care about quality control. I'm sorry but people who do not care about being at their job shouldn't be there. And definitely shouldn't be making that much money. I wish I could get a job where I can stand around and do the minimum of my duties. Just an extra body absorbing oxygen and space that other, smarter, more caring individuals could be using to get the job done... the right way. I would very much like it if someone from corporate could contact me. I would be thrilled to go in and video tape my experience. Then you would see what kind of people you have working in YOUR stores, dealing with YOUR SUPPOSED VALUED CUSTOMERS.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I am very dissatisfied that I had to pay extra for ketchup that is in the cost of the food at other places. I went to McDonalds on Versailles Rd. I got my order to go. I asked for more ketchup. They wanted me to pay extra for it. I could just went about a mile down the road to Burger King. They do not charge for extra ketchup. The only way that I am going back to that McDonalds on Versailles Rd is to get my free sandwich for where I filled out their survey. They owe it to me for paying more for extra ketchup. The other McDonalds on Harrodsburg Rd do not charge for extra ketchup.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Bought a sharebox at the restaurant using their app on the 5 February 2018. At around about 14:30 my delivery was at my place, I took one of the burgers and gave it to my son as he was hungry after school and took mine put aside as I was going to eat it later and when I was about to eat it later I saw a dead worm in the burger then I tried to send an email to McDonalds as I couldn't call them cause I didn't know which restaurant it was that delivered my food as I didn't have the slip cause the driver that brought the food left my place with it, same night my son fell ill. He started to complain about his tummy is painful then few minutes later he started vomiting. It was around about 12 midnight when he started feeling ill then around 2 he started to go to the toilet. Now he was vomiting on the other side. He was busy sitting in the toilet, then he started to feel weak as he was losing too much water due to that vomiting.

I couldn't afford to take him to the doctor so we went to buy meds over the counter at Clicks, I gave him the medication but he still couldn't keep anything down the whole day that day then he started to eat small amounts of food the following day, I tried to get hold of McDonalds and luckily I got them and found out which restaurant was that delivered as there were 2 McDonalds close to my house, The manager apologized and shifted the blame on their supplier for their carelessness and she transferred me to her boss and her boss only said he will refund me my money then try to send some form to their head office and they will get back to me till date (24/02/2018) I haven't heard from them. Now I am sitting here confused as to what else can I do or which other steps to takes cause I have been more than patient with them.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Took my wife to doctor appointment, we were a little early, she said, "Do we have time to get something to eat." She wanted a fish sandwich, found a McDonald's close by. Went through drive and ordered two Filet-O-Fish. Got up to the window after about 10 min as the line was very slow, they did not have our order in the system, had to go to parking space and wait 10 more minutes for someone to bring out the food!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

15th Cicero, Oak Lawn, IL had the Grand Mac. Bad. The bun was bigger and stale. The burgers seemed the same size as the regular Big Mac, the extra slice of cheese was hanging off the bun. Onion? Very little sauce? Not good.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I went to the McDonalds in Anderson, CA, because I hadn't eaten all day. I work retail, and spent almost what I make in one hour on food. In return, I got a greasy bun, burnt on the inside, three dots of mayonnaise on a rubbery tough chicken breast. Not to mention the long line of angry guests in the drive thru, which I pulled out of because the line wasn't moving. I went inside where it was not busy at all, and I STILL had to wait. While I waited, an angry drive thru guest returned twice due to McDonald's repeated errors on her order.

Despite their clear mistakes, and lack of business, the staff acted like they were soo tortured to be there and complained about guests the whole time! They're the first company to whine about low wages and they STILL don't do their job!!! The best part was contacting corporate, and they get the store manager to send me a refund. The manager sent me A PRE-STAMPED dessert card for an apple pie, I didn't even get to choose my dessert. First of all, I don't eat their desserts. Secondly, they give out those cards for drive thru errors all the time. Lastly, I asked for a REFUND. I'm not understanding what is so difficult to comprehend about this. I reached out one more time to corporate, they responded but the store manager has not. I don't even care anymore. They are not getting any money out of me at any of their locations. Poor way to treat your guests!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I visited again McDonalds here in Plumstead SA, Cape Town and outlet was closed, only drive through was open for service this at 07:30 in morning. I was there from 06:58 till 07:39 and several clients just walked off, even the outside benches were broken, several seats were missing. Isn't there complaints to be addressed here and service, gosh they losing money and this have a bad reflection on McDonalds SA, I'm disgusted, seems this happens also on regular basis even on some Mondays.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

McDonald's app overcharges and auto deducts a high amount from your credit card without giving a bill at pickup. MCD assumes you will not notice so it is a scam to overcharge and get more sales and hope the customers to not find out. On 1/27/18 ordered on the app deal-Free sandwich with any $1 purchase. App showed $1.11 total but took 7.08 from my credit card, so I cancelled the order and got the refund. Store manager was not there and did not call back next day so I went back 1/28/18 and tried the order again and again it was wrong. They attempted to fix it and so I had 2 wrong charges of $7.08. I then realised that even if I bought the items individually without the deal the total was $1.11 and $5.64 which is $6.75 which is less than the app charge for the same items.

The MCD app deals are a scam. I have the bills and credit card (card not present alerts) and I have called and filled the contact us form several time but they refuse to give me an email where I can attach the bills and I just get the standard 'thank you for contacting us...' email. They don't want to fix the problem because it is bringing them extra revenue. This is a case for a class action and I have the proof. If it did it to me it is doing this overcharge for several others.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I have been visiting McDonald's since early 90's when McDonald's was still a decent business but these days McDonald's is not the only worst place to visit but it's uncomfortable to visit. Personnel that work there barely speak English and even worst the attitude is even worst. I miss the old McDonalds where I can actually understand the personnel working behind the counter. Therefore I am done sadly with McDonald's.

McDonalds Company Information