McDonalds

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

WE QUIT BUYING AT MCDONALD'S. The fries are soggy, white... not golden brown and never crisp. They are of poor quality compared to BURGER KING, WENDY'S and mom and pop restaurants. No crunch. The fries shown on the Today show today are as far from reality as I am from Mars. Cook them longer or just make thicker, better fries!

McDonald's has a great looking app, but in the Columbia S.C. area looks don't matter. The app works perfectly while I am in my home or not connected to McDonald's WiFi. But as soon as I enter any McDonald's in Columbia I get an SSL error. I even tried writing down the code to one of the offers before entering the restaurant and gave it to the cashier when ordering, but it was turned down by management because I did not have the coupon on my cell phone. I have tried to use the app at multiple restaurants with similar results. Only one Manager gave me the offer without the coupon.

I love pickles on my hamburger so whenever I go to McDonald's I always ask for extra pickle but they only gave me like a few pickles. Sometimes they gave me more pickles but one time I got no pickles at all. So please McDonald's if you're reading this please give me extra pickle because I love pickles on my hamburger.

I am a disabled 57 year old guy. I was treated not good. I was shoved a coffee and sugar nearly in my face from a employee. His name is Adam and the manager at the time had words with him. The few times after that didn't see him. Then when I did I said "I don't want you serving me." He said "well go somewhere else." I asked to speak to the manager and was told to go somewhere else and I was banned. The head office said no one gets banned for life. Well I am. I think it's appalling. I am disgusted as I have been treated as because I am disabled. I have not been to McDonald's since they will not let me speak to the CEO. Appalling.

Around about 9:09 pm, I went to McDonalds on North Slappey In Albany, GA near Fun Park. I ordered a Fish-Filet Meal in the drive thru. The girl gave me the order and told me that they were out of Fish-Filet boxes so they had to place my order in the spicy chicken box. So I left. When I got home, it was spicy chicken in the box. I called to speak to the Manager. That was the one that answered the phone. She sounded as if she was still in high school. I proceeded to tell her what happened and when I was done, there was this long silent on the phone. So I asked how she was going to correct this. She said, "Bring it back and you can get your fish sandwich." I said, "I am all the way on the Eastside of town." She said "Bring it tomorrow if you want your fish sandwich."

I asked "was there another manager on duty?" She said "no, just me." I asked for her name and she told me. I went back. The minute that I came in the store, all of the employees were looking at me as if she had a conversation with them. One of the employees came up to me ask, "Are you back for your Fish sandwich?" I said "yes and to speak to your manager." She finally came out and I told her, "I am the one that is returning this chicken sandwich." She took it and walked off without even "I am sorry that happened." McDonalds hires these young people to do an adult job.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about McDonalds?

Since McDonalds did away with their Clubhouse Burger what is left are basically burgers with pickle relish or salad dressing! WHY?? What are they thinking?? I'm off to Burger King. They lost a customer!

Every time you go in the McDonalds in RIDGELAND SOUTH CAROLINA they never take time and say hello or hey it always what ya want and if they mess up on something they start cussing and you always have to wait 20 minutes or longer for your food and the manager kenneth ** is so rude and no repeat for me cuss people and I have call a few times about all of this but I guess it wont change.

I went to the drive-through at McDonald's on West St in Waukesha, Wi. Sat at the terminal for a minute then said is anyone there 3 times. When the worker did answer the response was, "Can I take your order?" in a rude way. So I gave the rudeness back and then was told to move to first window to place order, then ask to speak to manager and I went inside to speak with the manager. The worker came out and started talking in a loud voice and cut me off when speaking. I then stated I was leaving and going to file a complaint. Then I yelled back and said the customer is always right, and the worker then proceeded to yell and I then left with not being able to talk to a manager or being able to order either. I don't know what training they do for the manager because that worker was out of control verbally. I will not go to a McDonald's ever again. It is sad that these places the customer service has went right out the window.

Went to McDonald's in Little River, SC with my wife, she ordered the all American burger with fries and I ordered a cheese burger with fries. The meat somehow does not taste like the old delicious flavoring it had years ago. The bun was tough to chew and so was the french fries which were cold. My wife fell ill after eating her meal. Don't think I'll be going back to any McDonald's again.

A few weeks ago I bought food during lunch time and we I got to work I notice half of my food was missing. At that point it wasn't worth me going back. Tonight I bought dinner at the same place... I'm all about 2nd chances. Well, my coffee and all of my food was cold... I was so MAD and I didn't Definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone. If you're traveling and pass North Carolina by this one don't stop. It's not worth it. Here is the address - Crossroads Shopping Center, 975 Glenway Dr, Statesville, NC 28625. Phone:(704) 871-8545.

I was at the McDonald's on 670 Eglinton Avenue W in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. I used a coupon for "any hot drink" to order a coffee with my food. Both cashiers refused and said I couldn't order a coffee with it. An employee had to come over and explain coffee is a valid hot drink to her. And McCafes, lattes were all listed on the coupon. After paying, I got my food quickly but waited over 10 minutes for the drink when the restaurant was empty. Both cashiers would not make my coffee. Another employee had to tell them to serve everyone their drinks and do their job. They ignored, so I waited a long time before someone else came to do it. In the end I was given the wrong items too. I have never seen cashiers so rude. Never going to that location again and I do not recommend it to anyone. YOU WON'T GET SERVICE.

I've noticed a trend at a local McDonald's at 5516 N Lamar, Austin TX. They will periodically cut off power to the receptacles in the seating area of the restaurant. The power can remain off for weeks. It's obvious who they are targeting with this strategy, disadvantaged individuals. I would be interested if this is a strategy repeated at other McDonald's restaurants.

After getting off work I stopped at McDonald's for some French fries. When I got them the bag felt cold so I tried a fry and it was cold and mushy. I told the guy at the window. He took the bag, closed the window and then came back and said he would take care of it. Well I pulled over to the side to let the other customers buy. Someone came out with a bag of fries. It felt warm. I thanked him and drove off. I stuck my hand in the bag and grabbed a fry to eat and it was warm, not fresh out of the oil, more like a microwave. They are soft and mushy. I filed a complaint with McDonald's and got an email back stating they were sorry that they couldn't meet my high quality standards. I didn't know cold, mushy French fries was their standard.

On September 23, 2016, on this evening at 9:50 p.m. I went to the Columbia, SC McDonald's on Elmwood for dinner on my thirty minute break. I drove through their drive-through and I order two cheeseburger meals with a double cheeseburger and a side of fries, and she didn't even give me any receipt. The food order came up to $14.85 and I ask her for it, and she walk away. As I waited for my food the women at the second window, who was not sure about what I had order, look very clueless. As I reminded her about what the order is, she proceed to give me the wrong order, and I mentioned it to her again that the order was wrong. SHE WALK WAY FROM THE WINDOW. AND THEN ANOTHER CREW MEMBER CAME BACK, and the same thing happens again -- they gave me order that wasn't mine. And the food was very cold and bread was hard. And I did even noticed it until I got back to work.

The manager was very rude and hung the phone up in my face. Then I came back up there and the woman gave me more cold food. When I mentioned that to her she became very, she got snotty, and said, "I refuse to go there again." She had no name tag on so I couldn't get her name. But, they lost a customer for life! She definitely needs some customer service training.

Went to McDonald's in Maple Grove, MN (twin cities area). I was the only customer in the store, perhaps 3 cars in the drive through on a Sunday at 11am. There were two girls behind the counter one leaning on some equipment another sweeping a very dirty floor. I was not acknowledged for at least two minutes. Finally one of them walked over with broom in hand and asked me what I wanted in a snarky way. I was told the egg white muffin was not available at 11:10. She typed in the corrected order while holding the broom in the other hand. She accepted my twenty into the till one handed and threw my change in a pile in front of me and walked away. Terrible customer service. I should have yelled.

I bought a quarter pounder, fries and a drink. Ate half the burger. I found a growth that look like something out of a sci-fi book. I just couldn't eat anymore. It turned my stomach.

This morning at 10:50 I went to the Waynesboro Georgia McDonald's for breakfast. Signs all over saying breakfast all day. The mgr was very rude and said they don't serve breakfast all day. When I said that "the signs say you do," she got snotty and said, "Well we don't." People behind me ordered breakfast and she served them. I refuse to go there again. She had no name tag on so I couldn't get her name. But, they lost a customer for life! She definitely needs some customer service training.

My friend and I went to McDonalds at 5526 Mahoning ave Youngstown, OH 44515 today 9/8/2016. This store is dirt. The floor was sticky they had fly strips hanging in the eating area loaded with flies. The pop machine was dirty with pop spilled and empty straw wrappers. There were very few people in there when we were there and five employees standing at the counter talking and joking. All the trash containers outside were stuffed full of trash, you couldn't get one more napkin in them if you had to. The bathroom, the ladies' bathroom was dirty and had no toilet paper at all.

My friend and I go garage saling and we've stopped at other McDonalds and they are much cleaner than this one. We were actually shocked in the condition of this store. We understand about the public and know they can be messy but when you only have three customers in there and 5 employees standing around wouldn't it be wise for one of these employees to move their feet and at least clean tables off and clean around the pop machine, there were small gnats flying around the pop dispenser and it was sticky there were flies crawling all over the pop machine also. SO DISAPPOINTED in this store. Thanks for letting me vent about it.

Went to McD's this evening to try the two artisan chicken sandwiches.... Save your money and go to Chick-fil-a - you will save about 1.50 for the meal and there is no comparison. Won't ever eat McD's chicken again. The buttermilk crunchy chicken was overcooked and dried out. The grilled chicken tasted as if it had been marinated for days.... both disappointing.

I visited a McDonald’s in Two Harbors, MN and was short-changed $15.00. Of course, I didn't realize this until I had driven to my destination. The young kid at the register didn't give me a receipt or the change. :( He also messed up our other order and gave us "coffee with whipped cream" instead of our simple order of "coffee with cream". I contacted the Two Harbors McDonald’s via their website over a month ago and heard nothing back. I also contacted McDonald’s corporate office via their website and have heard nothing. I really don't think they even read the emails. McDonald’s has the worst customer service of any fast food chain out there!

After seeing McD TV advertisement for "2 for $5" sandwiches, planned a road trip to Toccoa, Georgia, (30 miles away from where I live), to eat there during the trip. CSR over drive-thru intercom said they don't honor it and suggested an alternative at a much higher price. Drove off immediately. Wish there was a site where local franchises that benefit from corporate advertising, then shaft the customer by not offering it, could be listed, so that you'd know who exactly offers what and save time and money by going to an alternative. Didn't know McD allowed this. In future, will note which FF restaurants are hyper greedy and go straight to the competition. Wish it was a law that you are legally obligated to honor specials if your corporate advertised them. Don't give me that "only at participating locations" excuse, either. Without the website I suggested above, HOW ELSE WILL YOU KNOW?

9-1-2016, a person was spraying toxic chemicals (i.e. weed killer) in the drive-thru area. This is black top and he was spraying very heavy in the crack next to the building a large amount of chemicals. Exposure to things like Round-up causes Parkinson's! Customers breathe that air right by the drive thru window! The weeds can't be that bad. Someone could bend over and pluck the 1 weed or 2 that may or may not be there. I won't be using the drive thru this week for sure. I'm a frequent customer (at least 2-3 times per week) and I'm very upset. They need to stop spraying chemicals and just pull the weeds.

I went to McDonalds recently and I had on a order 2 Apple pies. They did not included them in the order. There was 2 other times, they did the same thing. You know if the employees wouldn't play on their smartphones so much maybe they wouldn't forget on a order.

On August 20, 2016 at 3:18 pm I used the drive thru at 5004 STHY 121, Plano, TX 75024. Waited for a very long time for the line to move. Once I received my purchase and drove away, I realized there wasn't a single napkin in my bag. Since I planned to eat in my car, I was quite disappointed.

On Wednesday August 17, 2016, I visited the McDonald franchise at 159-01 Jamaica Avenue (located near the SS office) and prior to making my purchase, I requested the use of the bathroom and was told that I had to submit a ticket as proof of purchase to be allowed inside the restroom. I explained that not only did I have an emergency, but I did not wish to take my food inside the restroom and would therefore make the purchase afterwards. The cashier, supervisor and custodian all insisted that I could not use the restroom without presenting a ticket.

I was forced to enter the male restroom when a male customer exited to avoid having an accident and was pursued by the custodian. He only retreated when he was threatened with a lawsuit and noticed that I was about to actually use the restroom with him present. When I threatened to call the headquarters, the custodian told me to go ahead. A rude tone. I feel that this policy is not in the best interest of customers and should be reversed. I have been to other locations and was allowed to use the restroom prior to making a purchase. Because of my unpleasant experience at this location, I was forced to exit and make my purchase at another location on Jamaica Avenue.

I have been a customer at this McDonalds for years and have always been impressed by their service. Recently the service of this location has sharply declined. Today I waited in the drive through for over 20 minutes just to get a beverage. When I finally got to the window I was given the wrong drink. I had to pull into a parking spot, unbuckle a baby from a car seat, (and I am a senior) to go in to get the correct drink. When I complained, the manager was quite rude and unapologetic. I am wondering if this restaurant is under new management.

Regarding the McDonalds at 7281 sw 8th st Miami, FL. I'm a senior and I ordered 2 senior coffees. The woman at the drive thru gave me the stink eye and said "no, only one senior coffee per person". Most McDonalds charge .69 but this location charges .79. The owner of this store is penny wise and pound foolish as I will never go back again. They have a Yelp review score of 2 out of 5 with most reviews being 1 star with horror story complaints. This store needs to be reviewed and investigated by the corporate office. The Health Dept should also investigate as one complaint on Yelp said there was human feces on the floor under the table. Gross!

This happened twice at the Mcdonald's in Jersey City N.J. Communipaw Ave. After purchasing #2 meal instead of giving me two cheeseburgers they gave me 2 McDouble. When I complained the manager said they had no more but then replaced them also. The discount is not really a discount if you get a $1 off. They then get it back by charging you the tax afterward & when I paid the girl at the window she purposely dropped my change & didn't even apologize. I will never return to that location ever.

Got everyone breakfast this morning. Chicken biscuits were burnt and not eatable. Whole order sucked. Will not go back to that location.

While attending class at UB, I decided to take in a late lunch and proceed to McDonald's (NF Blvd & Maple Road location in Amherst, NY.) The store appeared to be clean so when I went up to the counter to place my order, I was surprised to see two (2) employees passing a partial brick of cheese back and forth as if it were a football game. The cheese hit the floor and the employee who dropped it simply put it back on the table and continued to use it while preparing food! Disgusting!!! I then turned my attention to the cashier and requested to speak with the manager on duty. She informed me that he was back in the office on break and if I needed further assistance, I was to call (716) 833-2159. Never ever again will I visit any McDonald's.

McDonalds Company Profile