3.45/5
Based on 1,637 ratings submitted in the last year

1258 McDonalds Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 17, 2019

Stop employees from slamming the door to the lobby from the front counter (Megan!). Told manager who blamed a bad door seal and having to carry trays through the door. Shame on her! A little girl was so scared she almost ran into a door. These totally unexpected loud bangs really hurt US Veterans like me who get flashbacks and lose sleep for days, sometimes months. Not to mention little kids who may get hurt or wet themselves in the lobby. SHAME on them. I watched 3 other employees close it quietly with and without trays in their hands.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Dear Macky Dees, Long time eater, first time writer. As an avid eater of McDonalds, I have a request to make. I just like many of your other customers I'm sure, tend to have to do a runner to the bathroom not soon after eating a delicious meal as it passes through me with the speed and fury of a F1 car. To allow faster re-entry back to the waiting world, would you be able to stock the toilets with something less resembling cling-wrap and more the paper related toilet-paper we are used to? Each visit and subsequent wiping is akin to Daniel-san learning from Mr. Miyagi the "wax on/wax off" technique or ancient Grecian oil wrestling, leaving me close to a fate similar to Elvis' final moments on the throne. Other than that, keep up the good work????

Original review: July 3, 2019

I ordered a cheeseburger meal from McDonald’s website and I received the 2 burger sandwiches without cheese?!! It’s called cheeseburger!!! Adnoc branch is a very weak place where the employees are always sleepy. That’s the only reason why I ALWAYS get my orders WRONG and even after calling to make a complaint I waited more than hour to receive a callback from the branch just to correct the order and send it to me... I’m really disappointed and faded up from this branch. I will stop ordering McDonald’s.

Original review: July 3, 2019

McDonalds just south of 12 mile on John R. Road in Madison Heights, MI. - I’m pretty sure they just hired new employees (teenagers). They are all rude. They don’t look at you while you are paying or when they are handing you your food, they don’t say, "thank you" or "have a good day." They literally just slam the window closed in your face. Anyway.. the other day I went through the Drive Thru and that’s exactly what had happened to me. So, I went back to my office and ate my lunch. When I got to the last 3 fries in the container, I found a nasty dead bug with wings. It had some salt stuck to it too btw. I will never ever go there again. I didn’t even want to give a 1 star rating. Thanks for making me sick to my stomach!

Original review: June 9, 2019

I sent this to corporate because I am not well, I was hungry and It took 2 people 3 trips to not get a hamburger. "Is this a joke??? Route 40 and 213 McDonalds in Elkton MD just served a dried up, bent in half hamburger, with no mustard or onions to my husband at the drive through. He brought it home and had to drive back to try again. They gave him another one in almost the same condition and he brought it home so I went back. The guy at the counter admitted he would not eat it (and it was better than the first one).

The girl at the counter handed me a third burger that looked like it was made last week and stored under the oven but they added fresh ketchup. I just told her to keep it and since they kept the receipt the first time and I did not have much shot at a refund without behavior unbecoming a lady. Just Wow! How incompetent does the entire staff have to be? There was hardly a soul patronizing the place at the time. Is it company policy to serve antique stepped on food??? That is more often than not the experience at McDonalds.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about McDonalds?

Original review: June 7, 2019

#McDonalds what is going on with Customer Service? Store on 1030 East University Ave refuses to make shakes simply because they don't want to clean the machine. I attempted to ask if they served Coke Zero & the employee at the window was so rude. I pulled up to the 2nd window after she refused to give her name. I spoke with a shift manager & he did give a contact# to Management with her name. I had to pull around again to place my order. I was visiting this location to bless some other fellow Vets with dinner.

Original review: June 7, 2019

So was accused of not paying for coffee by ** table server at McDonald's. The guy again for the fourth time bought us breakfast with extra large coffee. I went to get a refill and nobody would serve me. So the ** said I bought the coffee somewhere else and now wanted a refill. So I presented the receipt from the purchase and said the gentleman in the morning likes to buy us coffee and mcgriddles.... and they said well I had to get the refill in 28 minutes or being the store that I was in the store for three hours. Since 5am and it was now after 8 am so I said yes it takes me a while to relax. And no such time limit exists. This is a 24 hr McDonald's. So then nobody would give me a refill saying it had to be approved by the manager who then went to confer with the cooks.

So I got the refill and then I chewed out the ** server with the sour face like 24 seven and told her, "If you harass me again I was going to the corporate office". And I went to sit with older Americans that know me and are regulars and they said she has a I wanna be the manager problem and everybody has had run-ins with her. This took place at 9:00 am Thursday. We buy coffee there all the time and my mom has experienced the same harassment. We even sit in the dining room with two for three dollar specials and still are ignored for coffee refills and you have to stand forever to get one. Eventually the guy that buses tables comes over to give the refill. At another time I noticed an eye roll when getting a refill. 101 S, Pacific Coast Highway, El Segundo, CA 90245. (310) 640-2019, Incident 6th of June 2019 9:00 am.

Original review: June 6, 2019

How come every time I go to McDonald's the ice cream machine is always down? Especially after 8 pm. Literally every single time. If you just don't serve it after that's fine. But there has been many times in the last 5 years that I have noticed this.

Original review: June 5, 2019

My daughter had her 10th birthday party at the store and we were told that she will receive a birthday gift after approximately 1-2 months after her party coz they still need to order it. I’ve called the store 3-4 times already to do a followup after the stated time but they keep telling me it hasn’t come yet. Finally I talked to the store manager and she said she’ll give me a feedback at the end of the month which already passed and I still didn’t hear anything. I’m not pleased with this. I know it might not be much but the thought of your employees or company that hasn’t done their job is not acceptable for me who’s a regular customer. When I booked for the party they didn’t have the invitation for the theme we wanted. They just gave us what they had that time. I guess that was a sign that I shouldn’t have done my daughter's party there but I gave them a chance so this is where we are after the party.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Last night I ordered McDonald's via Uber Eats to my work from Bass Hill. I don't work far from the store, however was unable to leave as I was the only staff on duty in my department. I ordered a hot chocolate with extra chocolate & a banana bread. The hot chocolate arrived stone cold and the banana bread arrived severely burnt (I have a photo for reference). This is not the first time I have been issued poor service. I think it's time higher management made a few surprise visits to this store. Other issues I have faced over the past few months include:

- Staff witnessed sitting on the McCafe counter chatting to other staff while customers wait to be served.
- Customers waiting in drive thru at the speaker for a solid 5 minutes while staff are busy chatting to their friends.

- Staff witnessed smoking weed in my work car park. When confronted, they tried to stash their bong for collection later. I ended up throwing it in the bin.

It's really disappointing to see just how bad the service is getting in this store. I had been going to this store for 25 years and have watched it go downhill. The store only makes sales because of its convenient location. As of last night you have lost a customer.

McDonalds Company Information