International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

3.9/5 (239 ratings)

About International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International House of Pancakes (IHOP)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about International House of Pancakes?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

9/25. I told who I believed to be the manager about my allergy to soy. Yet her only reply was what contains soy. I then had to tell her it was in breads, some milk produces, candies etc. Which she said, "Does gluten-free work for you." Like it was my job to guess what had soy in it or not. When IHOP does offer an online allergy-free site to see what contains a certain allergy or not. I found this out after 1 minute or research into IHOP. I don't even work there! The waiter was good but the person I believe to the manager did not care enough to look into this for me. I would say that if you have any allergy go to any other IHOP than 2 Traders Way, Salem, MA 01970. This issue is not a company issue, it is a branch issue and needs to be addressed.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Wait to get in. LONG wait to get food. Long wait with LOW rate, tasteless, cold and inedible food, and the insult of having to pay $35.00 to leave 3/4 of the food there. Hell…if Cracker Barrel is too crowded Waffle House is better than this joint. I RARELY go out to eat so to have my outing turned into this is extremely disheartening.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I love Ihop and this experience was the worst by so far. The server didn’t say hi or anything. My food was cold, I told them it was cold and they just reheated my food. The food was touching the server dirty shirt. Never again I would eat in this location. It was in Fort Myers, Florida, on Cleveland Ave.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I'm so sick of these chain restaurants thinking that they can compare to actual gourmet restaurants. You're a step above McDonald's. In fact McDonald's is better. If I'm gonna spend 20 bucks on a breakfast it will be at a top rated restaurant not at one of your not so fine establishments.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Me and my family went to IHOP in Temple Terrace, Florida. We had to wait to be seated 30 min. They said they have no employees to work! Of course you will have no employees to work, because they pay employees cheap. The food was terrible and they charged for the bread, something that no other food chain does. Everything was expensive which did not match the test of the food. IHOP is terrible. Please avoid eating there and working there so they can file for Chapter 13. Employers need to learn to start paying their employees good so they will have no shortage.

Original review: July 4, 2021

Went to IHOP at 12755 SW 88 street in Miami Florida this evening with my daughter. We arrived at 8 and sat down, waited over 20 minutes for server to come and take our order. He came back 10 minutes later. My pancakes were hard as a rock and the food was cold. My daughter ordered a burger and it was raw. We were there for a good 45 minutes waiting for our server ** to come to our table so we could get the order set straight and done right, he never came. Meanwhile in the kitchen you could hear, what we believe, the cook yelling and complaining about how the job is not worth it for $15 an hour. He was cussing and really loud. I finally got another server to come to my table and I asked for a manager, what a surprise, no manager.

** then suddenly appears asking why I want to see a manager. He would have know if he had come to our table to check how the food was. At that point he says, "Oh well let me get you new pancakes and the burger well done." This was 45 minutes too late. I tried to be patient and give him a chance in that time we waited. This was a horrible experience and highly recommended never going to this IHOP.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Rude management. Went to pick up an order was told I should just leave (from manager). Finally got the food over 45 min later (quick 2 egg breakfast) Was told not to bother coming back to this restaurant (from the manager). I was nice and cordial, unlike the Manager. As if I ever would put myself through that again she obviously doesnt understand customers are what keep the doors open. If you would like to be ignored from the staff and have a terrible customer relations interaction with cold food, this is the place for you. If not, please do not waste your money on this, many other restaurants that would love to have your business.

Original review: June 22, 2021

We waited for our food for a long time. My fiancee hash browns were cold and stiff. The peppers on my omelet weren't cooked, and they brought my daughter still frozen french fries. It's not the waitresses fault, but whoever was cooking had no business in a kitchen of any sort.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Our son took us out to eat as a gift to his Daddy. We arrived at about noon. We finally left at 3pm. We had to wait an hour and a half total to be seated and for our food. The food arrived burnt. We ate it bc we were hangry and knew that it would only be a longer wait if we complained. The kitchen staff were acting like it was party central. One waitress finally had two tables full of people walk out bc they got tired of waiting, that's when she went in the kitchen and said something. We only knew bc when she left, one of the kitchen staff started cursing and dropping ** bombs. Our food came out after that.

Original review: May 20, 2021

My family and I ate at IHOP location 2250 E Lincoln Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806. That was the worst service I have experience I ever had. First ** that what he said his name was and he didn't wear a name tag. First he spills water on the our table. Then I asked for hot water, he gave me a mug that had big lip stick stain on it. Then he served the water in those hot tea or coffee container when I pour out hot water that was disgusting, the water was not clear, it was light yellow. It looked like pee pee. I informed him regards to this water. He didn't change it. The food didn't look tasty to me any longer. This ruined my whole meal. Very unpleasant experience eating there. This ruin my appetite thinking that they could poison our food.

Original review: May 15, 2021

It was the most horrific service on planet earth. I am certain that I am not exaggerating. They made customers wait in the lobby and only one waiter/waitress at time would come to seat whichever customer was next, while the other wait staff made certain that when they walked by they did not make eye contact with anyone in the lobby to avoid being questioned about when they would seated and what the hold up was etc. Whichever wait staff did the seating, would get drink orders and food orders of the party they just seated before they would come to the lobby again and ask who was next. Completely disorganized.

Why can't they be like other restaurants and just seat everyone to avoid having customers wait for two hours. I mean give me a break, they only keep the restaurant about half full to begin. I worked as a waiter for 5 years. You are supposed to seat as many customers as you can and take their drink orders and take their food orders later on when you're caught up. Horrible!

When one of the customers complained to the manager, her excuse was that she was very understaffed with only 4 wait staff. I have seen restaurants with only 2 wait staff seat 50 plus customers with no problem. Yes it's hectic, but you should do anything to avoid having customer wait for two hours. They weren't courteous enough to offer complimentary beverage for the inconvenience. The only reason I even bothered to tip was because I am a teacher/coach, and the waitress recognized me because she graduated 6 years ago from the high school I teach at and she was very courteous and polite. There is a learning curve for wait staff, but for management, this was completely inexcusable.

Original review: May 4, 2021

After being asked to wait for a text to be seated, and waiting 45 minutes when we were told 35, and people leaving so there was seating available, and getting fed up, we left. We were texted 40 hours later. This is the location that’s across from What used to be Forest Fair Mall in Fairfield, OH.

Original review: May 3, 2021

After waiting 15 minutes to even be seated we waited another 20 minutes and hadn't been asked for our drink order. Given the fact that there was only five tables being served in the entire place at the time it didn't seem such a big deal to me. Us being one of the five tables. Less than friendly staff absolutely horrible service. And despite the fact that I've never actually eaten their food I will never ever go back there. We went to the Irondequoit location in Rochester New York but I will not be visiting any locations. If I could give less than one star I would definitely do it. So very disappointed in the whole experience. The overall impression of the restaurant was disgusting. Tables weren't washed seeds were dirty and so on. I got up and walked out. Totally disappointed in the whole experience.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Every time I get food from IHOP I always get sick. It doesn't matter the location. Over the years I gave IHOP chances and see if it was a certain type of food. I tried their chicken, pancakes and Belgian waffles a few days ago.

Original review: March 14, 2021

I purchased a meal for my family from here through Uber Eats. Now I know uber eats is responsible for not being able to find a driver but if I can see that so can you. I placed my order at 10:15. It didn't say they found a driver until 11:30 but for some reason my food was made at 10:15 and just sat until someone showed up. Waffles and pancakes had been sitting for 2hrs and you sent it out the door. My food was delivered at 12:20am and you're only 5miles down from me. I understand uber eats couldn't find a driver and that's not your fault but you as an establishment sent cold food out your door as if it was the customer's fault

Original review: March 7, 2021

We got there and were seated right away which was nice but when it came to having to order it took a half hour and then after ordering it took another forty-five minutes to get our food + tea smelled like fish.

Original review: March 6, 2021

Poor service, dirty floor, not practicing social distancing. Waitress for area was visiting w/ family, not caring for other tables. 30 min. Waiter # 2 took order, promised coffee refills. Never returned. Other customers were seated within 3 feet of our table. Food & trash were on seats & floor. Staff unconcerned. Stated a large group was in other side of building and waiter was moved to that area.

Resolution response: Dec. 28, 2020

Got my order after 3 hrs.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

I oredered online in IHOP website then after 30 mins not received my order I called them but transferred me to Grubhub. I called GrubHub which transfer me back to IHOP. Until now, I have no food no refund. So inconvenient and waste of money and time.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I always loved this place but this last time it was a disgrace, waited for table then they brought us to the table still with stuff left from last customer not even sanitized, I waited and asked to have the table wiped then I notice they was doing to another table too but I guess the customer did not noticed, the waiter wiped my table and and while was wet she put the menus that got all soak and she expected us to seat then. Another waiter dry it out the table when I appreciated for it, I told them. I was not supposed have to tell them to have the table sanitized and ready before bring a customer to the table.

Honestly I was so disappointed because I noticed they was not sanitizing the tables at all and the service was horrible. My daughter got chicken fingers that was hard to eat and my son asked for chocolate chip pancakes and it came chocolate pancakes. It was such of waste of my money with such a terrible service. I was used to go there on Sundays after church with my kids. Now I just have to go someone else with Covid, restriction and sanitized.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I signed up for a free stack of pancakes on 10/31/20. In the IHOP website it is advertised that "You can get the free stack NOW" after signing up. I did not receive any coupon via my email immediately. Instead, literally 24 hours later, I received a coupon voucher to be used at an address in Glendale, CA. My address is in Austin, Tx and my address is saved in the IHOPmembership too. Today 11/3/20, I spoke with a "Josh" about still not receiving that coupon. He stated that he is the supervisor but that it would take another 2-3 days to receive the coupon with the corrected address. I find utterly surprising as all of this is done electronically. Meaning that coupon is most likely in a template and just the wording would need rectifying. What a disappointment and quite frankly false advertising on IHOP.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

The IHOP in Bellmead, TX is not a place I would recommend. A friend and I ate there on 10/29/30 and it took at least 12 minutes to be acknowledged. Common sense is to at least acknowledge the customer to say, I'll be with you shortly or something of that nature rather than say nothing. The customer service and food quality confirmed that was my third and final time visiting this specific location. It has been disappointment after disappointment. To the Management of IHOP, please find out and correct whatever happened when IHOP moved from the Baylor location to the Bellmead location. It is not the same and needs an overhaul to bring this IHOP back up to standards. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I was at Ihop last night October 21, 2020 in Culpeper, Va. I was dinner and across from me there were two ladies. Four waitresses came out and sang Happy Birthday to her. I took my grandson there for his Birthday on October 7, 2020. I told the waitress that it was his Birthday. So she didn't know for sure if they could sing too. So she went and asked the Manager. She came and said that they aren't doing the singing because of the Virus. She did bring him ice cream. But I just think it was rude. I do like their food. But the pancakes are too dry.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I and my family of 6 went to iHop in Racine as they were closed down for a while I wanted to go as they were back up and running! I have never had such horrible service in life! First when we walked in we were greeted by being told in a rude way that my daughter needed a mask as she left it in the van. We should have left right then and there. But didn’t! We then waited forever to be seated. There was only us and another family in the whole restaurant!

Then Took 15 minutes for drinks and it Should never take 40 minutes for burgers and breakfast food! No phones were ringing nobody else came into the restaurant either it was ridiculous on how long we waited Never again! Meanwhile my 2 year old was screaming like crazy because he was hungry... Then the waiter Brought us the food with no silverware! Never got refills. Never was asked if we needed boxes. 55.00$ I could of spent somewhere else! I will never ever go back to this restaurant. I didn’t even want to tip and I have never felt like this before I always tip so well!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I ordered breakfast four hours prior to pick up from IHOP on Cobb Dr Smyrna, Ga on a Saturday morning requesting curbside pick up. When I arrived I called the posted number but was disconnected without any reason. I tried two more times with no success. When I went in they seemed welcoming but oblivious of the absence of curbside pick up. I guess it's just a gimmick to get you to choose ihop over other places.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

For the Ihop in Tucson Arizona on Broadway. Regardless of the Covid19 pandemic, the cleanliness of the restaurant is bad and this is especially directed at the tables, plates, glasses and silverware. It was still showing on the glass someone else's lip marks when they brought my water. I asked for another glass and same thing. Everything was super spotted and didn't feel clean or any measures to prevent the spread of the virus. They wore masks, but that is the only thing I saw they made sure of.

The quality of food and flavor was horrible. Way too much butter and grease was used and the butter was either old or added something slimy and sweet. Service from the waitress was slower than a snail. I saw my plate literally sitting in the kitchen window for 15 minutes before it was brought to me. Plate was hot, but not the food. On top of this, there were only 3 customers and 3 waitresses, so there was no excuse for not tending to the customers. I'm scared that with the incomplete proper cleaning of food dishes and cooking that I am still exposed to the virus. Please clean up and check cooking techniques and cleaning.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Phone wasn't answered. Management was very nasty. Told me I could get hit by a car as I requested that he correct his ordering service. Talked nastily to me in front of various customers and gave me only half of my order. Service terrible and manager was VERY NASTY AND UNPROFESSIONAL! PLEASE CORRECT THIS. JERSEY CITY ROUTE 440 STORE. RATING = 0.

Original review: May 25, 2020

My family and I chose IHOP in McMinnville to have breakfast today and we are very disappointed. Our server had a rude and uninviting attitude and body language when we were not ready to order at her first check in. When requested ahead of time to split the check between two sets of four meals, she seemed inconvenienced and had a snide comment "I guess." The server never came to refill coffee or ask if we needed anything.

Our Omelettes were cold. I had asked at time of order for bacon to be added to my omelet and when it came it had none. Another server saw me looking around for help and she asked if everything was alright and I told her our issue. At that time our server came over briefly and when I told that there was no bacon she walked away and stated loudly and embarrassingly that "she would pay for it." When our server came back to bring us the check she stated again without needing too loudly and rudely again that she had paid for the bacon (nobody needed her to pay for bacon that was never added in the first place).

I was completely appalled and dissatisfied at her level of customer service and her general attitude. I don't usually make it a point to complain or reach out if I have a bad experience, but this experience was not acceptable and our server in my opinion is hurting your business. This is a time that I feel support to local businesses is very important, unfortunately I highly doubt I will ever return. I also feel compelled to tell others how I was treated.

Original review: May 22, 2020

We are retired, we use to eat at IHOP a lot now and think, the last two times we have eaten there, we received little good at a an high price. We will not eat there again. The service is very slow. Only 4 tables are filled and servers are slow. Waited a good five minutes to have my drink refilled. Sorry to see this restaurant go downhill.

Original review: April 19, 2020

You are my favorite restaurant! I barely ever get to go to this restaurant because it is expensive but I still love it! The pancakes are my favorite food there and my whole family loves IHOP. If you haven't gone there before you are missing out. I don't know one person who doesn't like IHOP.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Yes it’s February 25th and it’s National Pancake Day. But dies IHOP bother telling the pancakes are Free! But you can’t take them to go. One must eat them at there qualifying restaurants. It would have been nice to know this little fact. Some of us have to work through the week. It’s difficult to take time off during the day and stop by one of your restaurants and be waited on. They should at least notify the public that the pancakes are free. But one must eat them inside their restaurant. It’s embarrassing to show up and be told you can’t get a free stack unless you eat them here. Not cool!

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Company Information