International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

3.9/5 (570 ratings)

About International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International House of Pancakes (IHOP)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about International House of Pancakes?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

I recommend this place for breakfast. It's really good and I love it. If you want pancakes then IHOP is the right place to go. In my opinion ihop is borderline amazing. You should really come and eat here! P.s They have a new pancake recipe.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I said I would never visit this location, but I did. I should've gone with my first mind. We arrived around 2:15pm today 10/30/21 and there were 3 employees outside twerking making Tik Tok videos. (2 females one guy) When we went in they had come back In and were serving plates, I don't think they even had enough time to wash their hands. We waited about ten minutes, I had to go up to the counter and ask for service because all of the employees were twerking in the back left hand corner of the restaurant. We finally got served, but then an argument broke out between management and staff. It was about customer service ironically. This location is ghetto, and not to mention some sketchy characters hang around outside the area. The owner needs to clean house and rehire. Savannah, GA 204 Location

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I placed on online order at 7:45 PM for a pick up time of 8:30 PM, I arrived as scheduled. I waited in my car as instructed to do so when I placed the order "due to covid 19 and CDC mandates, please wait in your car your order will be brought out to you." The system of texting was down (you used to text a number upon arrival and then they would come out apparently that's not working and so you needed to call." I called the number. I was met by a rude woman on the other end of the line. She was short, curt, and I was still asking questions when she abruptly said someone would bring it out. I was trying to find out if my order was at least being warmed. During this time she hung up on me,

Once inside I found my order just sitting there. Grease all over the bag of condiments I suppose (it was a brown paper bag). I had felt the order. It was cold, I advised the lady who FINALLY came to the counter, (they saw me at the counter) I heard someone order someone to go help the lady at the counter but it was ANOTHER 10 Minutes before FINALLY someone came to check on me. I adv them my order was cold and I didn't want it. They asked me if I wanted them to remake it. I said "either that or refund me but I am NOT accepting this cold order." 30 minutes later we are now at almost 10pm. Was given my order and I took it home and to my horror it was NOT REMADE. IT WAS REHEATED!!!! The side of bacon was now a side of jerky. The lettuce on the BLT was wilted and disgusting. The mayonnaise was gross.

The burrito was even worse. Totally a reheated tortilla and the contents inside (egg, hashbrowns, and bacon pieces was like rubber (eggs), wood chips(hash browns) and jerky (bacon). The Reese's pancakes were totally rubber with regurgitated peanut butter, that type of disregard for consumers is going to cause someone food poisoning, anyone knows you don't reheat Mayonnaise and just the idea that they would make me wait 30 freaking minutes for a 2 minute reheat job is ludicrous,

This is NOT an isolated incident with this branch of IHOP, approximately a month ago, I ordered an order online at 6 am for a 10:30 am pick up time, when I arrived at the restaurant I was approached by a young disrespectful individual who when asked if my order was ready told to "go through the bags (points to about 10 plastic bags all thrown on a table or tossed about by customers looking for their order). It's over there and if nots you'll just have to wait-looks at a room full of people and said who's next as in if I was dismissed." I asked for a manager actually I loudly demanded a manager 2 waitresses just stood there so I walked to the back and found someone standing there and told them "get me a manager NOW" manager comes out, asks my name another 10 minutes goes by she comes out says she can't find my order am I sure I ordered and do I Have proof.

I told her I ordered online from my computer at home she told me well I am going to need to see that so I was made to drive home get the order and go back to the restaurant (SERIOUSLY) it takes the manager about 10-15 minutes after she was notified I was back to come out she is starting to get closer and approach me when she sees a termed employee standing there with her uniform in her hand and what does she do? She turns around before approaching me all the way because she saw the former employee there as well and made me wait ANOTHER 15 minutes while she went back in the back and got all of the paperwork to end this employee's position and then when she came back did she come up to the customer first (me) and apologize take ownership for the delay. NO!!!! She goes up to the employee that was terminated after hearing the convestation.

Take place right in front of me. It became clear the employee had been terminated (that should have been a conversation for a private area). Made small talk with her, took the uniform. Explained the paperwork she handed her THEN she FINALLY addresses me and my concern and was a complete raunch about it, I unleashed on her. ABSOLUTELY I DID. I was supposed to pick up an order at 10:30 am. It's now after NOON!!!! I had to argue with her, to acknowledge the fact they screwed up. She never did take ownership or accountability.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Waited 30 minutes to get seated, and waited almost an hour for food. They kept getting our orders wrong. They gave us microwaved pancakes, the cheesy chicken bacon ranch was supposed to be a bowl of rice with grilled chicken, cheese, and bacon, but the chicken was raw and everything was in separate plates with no cheese or bacon at all. They told us there was no salad after we had already ordered and waited. The chicken tenders we ordered were old and really hard, didn’t even feel like chicken.

We had to ask for a strawberry milkshake twice, because they never got to actually making it. I was served tap water that tasted dirty as my drink, not to mention the place looked pretty dirty considering they had just opened about an hour before we went. We were 10 people and the order was over $100, the experience here was pretty terrible. I will never visit this location again.

12230 N I-35 Service Rd
Oklahoma City, OK 73131

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

For years IHOP was my favorite restaurant.. A few years ago we visit the IHOP in Cordova Tn… After this terrible experience we never go back… We try again for 2 weeks in more than 5 or 6 different IHOP in Memphis and Olive Branch MS and is sad for me looking how this Restaurant Chain come worst and worst day by day… Let you wait for long time to come in and very long time to take an order… It is terrible!!!! Today is the last day!!! I never go back to IHOP... I DON'T RECOMMEND ANYBODY TO VISIT IHOP!!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

9/25. I told who I believed to be the manager about my allergy to soy. Yet her only reply was what contains soy. I then had to tell her it was in breads, some milk produces, candies etc. Which she said, "Does gluten-free work for you." Like it was my job to guess what had soy in it or not. When IHOP does offer an online allergy-free site to see what contains a certain allergy or not. I found this out after 1 minute or research into IHOP. I don't even work there! The waiter was good but the person I believe to the manager did not care enough to look into this for me. I would say that if you have any allergy go to any other IHOP than 2 Traders Way, Salem, MA 01970. This issue is not a company issue, it is a branch issue and needs to be addressed.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Wait to get in. LONG wait to get food. Long wait with LOW rate, tasteless, cold and inedible food, and the insult of having to pay $35.00 to leave 3/4 of the food there. Hell…if Cracker Barrel is too crowded Waffle House is better than this joint. I RARELY go out to eat so to have my outing turned into this is extremely disheartening.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I love Ihop and this experience was the worst by so far. The server didn’t say hi or anything. My food was cold, I told them it was cold and they just reheated my food. The food was touching the server dirty shirt. Never again I would eat in this location. It was in Fort Myers, Florida, on Cleveland Ave.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I'm so sick of these chain restaurants thinking that they can compare to actual gourmet restaurants. You're a step above McDonald's. In fact McDonald's is better. If I'm gonna spend 20 bucks on a breakfast it will be at a top rated restaurant not at one of your not so fine establishments.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Me and my family went to IHOP in Temple Terrace, Florida. We had to wait to be seated 30 min. They said they have no employees to work! Of course you will have no employees to work, because they pay employees cheap. The food was terrible and they charged for the bread, something that no other food chain does. Everything was expensive which did not match the test of the food. IHOP is terrible. Please avoid eating there and working there so they can file for Chapter 13. Employers need to learn to start paying their employees good so they will have no shortage.

Original review: July 4, 2021

Went to IHOP at 12755 SW 88 street in Miami Florida this evening with my daughter. We arrived at 8 and sat down, waited over 20 minutes for server to come and take our order. He came back 10 minutes later. My pancakes were hard as a rock and the food was cold. My daughter ordered a burger and it was raw. We were there for a good 45 minutes waiting for our server ** to come to our table so we could get the order set straight and done right, he never came. Meanwhile in the kitchen you could hear, what we believe, the cook yelling and complaining about how the job is not worth it for $15 an hour. He was cussing and really loud. I finally got another server to come to my table and I asked for a manager, what a surprise, no manager.

** then suddenly appears asking why I want to see a manager. He would have know if he had come to our table to check how the food was. At that point he says, "Oh well let me get you new pancakes and the burger well done." This was 45 minutes too late. I tried to be patient and give him a chance in that time we waited. This was a horrible experience and highly recommended never going to this IHOP.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Rude management. Went to pick up an order was told I should just leave (from manager). Finally got the food over 45 min later (quick 2 egg breakfast) Was told not to bother coming back to this restaurant (from the manager). I was nice and cordial, unlike the Manager. As if I ever would put myself through that again she obviously doesnt understand customers are what keep the doors open. If you would like to be ignored from the staff and have a terrible customer relations interaction with cold food, this is the place for you. If not, please do not waste your money on this, many other restaurants that would love to have your business.

Original review: June 22, 2021

We waited for our food for a long time. My fiancee hash browns were cold and stiff. The peppers on my omelet weren't cooked, and they brought my daughter still frozen french fries. It's not the waitresses fault, but whoever was cooking had no business in a kitchen of any sort.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Our son took us out to eat as a gift to his Daddy. We arrived at about noon. We finally left at 3pm. We had to wait an hour and a half total to be seated and for our food. The food arrived burnt. We ate it bc we were hangry and knew that it would only be a longer wait if we complained. The kitchen staff were acting like it was party central. One waitress finally had two tables full of people walk out bc they got tired of waiting, that's when she went in the kitchen and said something. We only knew bc when she left, one of the kitchen staff started cursing and dropping ** bombs. Our food came out after that.

Original review: May 20, 2021

My family and I ate at IHOP location 2250 E Lincoln Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806. That was the worst service I have experience I ever had. First ** that what he said his name was and he didn't wear a name tag. First he spills water on the our table. Then I asked for hot water, he gave me a mug that had big lip stick stain on it. Then he served the water in those hot tea or coffee container when I pour out hot water that was disgusting, the water was not clear, it was light yellow. It looked like pee pee. I informed him regards to this water. He didn't change it. The food didn't look tasty to me any longer. This ruined my whole meal. Very unpleasant experience eating there. This ruin my appetite thinking that they could poison our food.

Original review: May 15, 2021

It was the most horrific service on planet earth. I am certain that I am not exaggerating. They made customers wait in the lobby and only one waiter/waitress at time would come to seat whichever customer was next, while the other wait staff made certain that when they walked by they did not make eye contact with anyone in the lobby to avoid being questioned about when they would seated and what the hold up was etc. Whichever wait staff did the seating, would get drink orders and food orders of the party they just seated before they would come to the lobby again and ask who was next. Completely disorganized.

Why can't they be like other restaurants and just seat everyone to avoid having customers wait for two hours. I mean give me a break, they only keep the restaurant about half full to begin. I worked as a waiter for 5 years. You are supposed to seat as many customers as you can and take their drink orders and take their food orders later on when you're caught up. Horrible!

When one of the customers complained to the manager, her excuse was that she was very understaffed with only 4 wait staff. I have seen restaurants with only 2 wait staff seat 50 plus customers with no problem. Yes it's hectic, but you should do anything to avoid having customer wait for two hours. They weren't courteous enough to offer complimentary beverage for the inconvenience. The only reason I even bothered to tip was because I am a teacher/coach, and the waitress recognized me because she graduated 6 years ago from the high school I teach at and she was very courteous and polite. There is a learning curve for wait staff, but for management, this was completely inexcusable.

Original review: May 4, 2021

After being asked to wait for a text to be seated, and waiting 45 minutes when we were told 35, and people leaving so there was seating available, and getting fed up, we left. We were texted 40 hours later. This is the location that’s across from What used to be Forest Fair Mall in Fairfield, OH.

Original review: May 3, 2021

After waiting 15 minutes to even be seated we waited another 20 minutes and hadn't been asked for our drink order. Given the fact that there was only five tables being served in the entire place at the time it didn't seem such a big deal to me. Us being one of the five tables. Less than friendly staff absolutely horrible service. And despite the fact that I've never actually eaten their food I will never ever go back there. We went to the Irondequoit location in Rochester New York but I will not be visiting any locations. If I could give less than one star I would definitely do it. So very disappointed in the whole experience. The overall impression of the restaurant was disgusting. Tables weren't washed seeds were dirty and so on. I got up and walked out. Totally disappointed in the whole experience.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Every time I get food from IHOP I always get sick. It doesn't matter the location. Over the years I gave IHOP chances and see if it was a certain type of food. I tried their chicken, pancakes and Belgian waffles a few days ago.

Original review: March 14, 2021

I purchased a meal for my family from here through Uber Eats. Now I know uber eats is responsible for not being able to find a driver but if I can see that so can you. I placed my order at 10:15. It didn't say they found a driver until 11:30 but for some reason my food was made at 10:15 and just sat until someone showed up. Waffles and pancakes had been sitting for 2hrs and you sent it out the door. My food was delivered at 12:20am and you're only 5miles down from me. I understand uber eats couldn't find a driver and that's not your fault but you as an establishment sent cold food out your door as if it was the customer's fault

Original review: March 7, 2021

We got there and were seated right away which was nice but when it came to having to order it took a half hour and then after ordering it took another forty-five minutes to get our food + tea smelled like fish.

Original review: March 6, 2021

Poor service, dirty floor, not practicing social distancing. Waitress for area was visiting w/ family, not caring for other tables. 30 min. Waiter # 2 took order, promised coffee refills. Never returned. Other customers were seated within 3 feet of our table. Food & trash were on seats & floor. Staff unconcerned. Stated a large group was in other side of building and waiter was moved to that area.

Resolution response: Dec. 28, 2020

Got my order after 3 hrs.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

I oredered online in IHOP website then after 30 mins not received my order I called them but transferred me to Grubhub. I called GrubHub which transfer me back to IHOP. Until now, I have no food no refund. So inconvenient and waste of money and time.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I always loved this place but this last time it was a disgrace, waited for table then they brought us to the table still with stuff left from last customer not even sanitized, I waited and asked to have the table wiped then I notice they was doing to another table too but I guess the customer did not noticed, the waiter wiped my table and and while was wet she put the menus that got all soak and she expected us to seat then. Another waiter dry it out the table when I appreciated for it, I told them. I was not supposed have to tell them to have the table sanitized and ready before bring a customer to the table.

Honestly I was so disappointed because I noticed they was not sanitizing the tables at all and the service was horrible. My daughter got chicken fingers that was hard to eat and my son asked for chocolate chip pancakes and it came chocolate pancakes. It was such of waste of my money with such a terrible service. I was used to go there on Sundays after church with my kids. Now I just have to go someone else with Covid, restriction and sanitized.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I signed up for a free stack of pancakes on 10/31/20. In the IHOP website it is advertised that "You can get the free stack NOW" after signing up. I did not receive any coupon via my email immediately. Instead, literally 24 hours later, I received a coupon voucher to be used at an address in Glendale, CA. My address is in Austin, Tx and my address is saved in the IHOPmembership too. Today 11/3/20, I spoke with a "Josh" about still not receiving that coupon. He stated that he is the supervisor but that it would take another 2-3 days to receive the coupon with the corrected address. I find utterly surprising as all of this is done electronically. Meaning that coupon is most likely in a template and just the wording would need rectifying. What a disappointment and quite frankly false advertising on IHOP.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

The IHOP in Bellmead, TX is not a place I would recommend. A friend and I ate there on 10/29/30 and it took at least 12 minutes to be acknowledged. Common sense is to at least acknowledge the customer to say, I'll be with you shortly or something of that nature rather than say nothing. The customer service and food quality confirmed that was my third and final time visiting this specific location. It has been disappointment after disappointment. To the Management of IHOP, please find out and correct whatever happened when IHOP moved from the Baylor location to the Bellmead location. It is not the same and needs an overhaul to bring this IHOP back up to standards. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I was at Ihop last night October 21, 2020 in Culpeper, Va. I was dinner and across from me there were two ladies. Four waitresses came out and sang Happy Birthday to her. I took my grandson there for his Birthday on October 7, 2020. I told the waitress that it was his Birthday. So she didn't know for sure if they could sing too. So she went and asked the Manager. She came and said that they aren't doing the singing because of the Virus. She did bring him ice cream. But I just think it was rude. I do like their food. But the pancakes are too dry.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I and my family of 6 went to iHop in Racine as they were closed down for a while I wanted to go as they were back up and running! I have never had such horrible service in life! First when we walked in we were greeted by being told in a rude way that my daughter needed a mask as she left it in the van. We should have left right then and there. But didn’t! We then waited forever to be seated. There was only us and another family in the whole restaurant!

Then Took 15 minutes for drinks and it Should never take 40 minutes for burgers and breakfast food! No phones were ringing nobody else came into the restaurant either it was ridiculous on how long we waited Never again! Meanwhile my 2 year old was screaming like crazy because he was hungry... Then the waiter Brought us the food with no silverware! Never got refills. Never was asked if we needed boxes. 55.00$ I could of spent somewhere else! I will never ever go back to this restaurant. I didn’t even want to tip and I have never felt like this before I always tip so well!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I ordered breakfast four hours prior to pick up from IHOP on Cobb Dr Smyrna, Ga on a Saturday morning requesting curbside pick up. When I arrived I called the posted number but was disconnected without any reason. I tried two more times with no success. When I went in they seemed welcoming but oblivious of the absence of curbside pick up. I guess it's just a gimmick to get you to choose ihop over other places.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

For the Ihop in Tucson Arizona on Broadway. Regardless of the Covid19 pandemic, the cleanliness of the restaurant is bad and this is especially directed at the tables, plates, glasses and silverware. It was still showing on the glass someone else's lip marks when they brought my water. I asked for another glass and same thing. Everything was super spotted and didn't feel clean or any measures to prevent the spread of the virus. They wore masks, but that is the only thing I saw they made sure of.

The quality of food and flavor was horrible. Way too much butter and grease was used and the butter was either old or added something slimy and sweet. Service from the waitress was slower than a snail. I saw my plate literally sitting in the kitchen window for 15 minutes before it was brought to me. Plate was hot, but not the food. On top of this, there were only 3 customers and 3 waitresses, so there was no excuse for not tending to the customers. I'm scared that with the incomplete proper cleaning of food dishes and cooking that I am still exposed to the virus. Please clean up and check cooking techniques and cleaning.

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Company Information