International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

3.9/5 (323 ratings)

About International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International House of Pancakes (IHOP)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about International House of Pancakes?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Yes it’s February 25th and it’s National Pancake Day. But dies IHOP bother telling the pancakes are Free! But you can’t take them to go. One must eat them at there qualifying restaurants. It would have been nice to know this little fact. Some of us have to work through the week. It’s difficult to take time off during the day and stop by one of your restaurants and be waited on. They should at least notify the public that the pancakes are free. But one must eat them inside their restaurant. It’s embarrassing to show up and be told you can’t get a free stack unless you eat them here. Not cool!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

My husband and I just got home from a great experience at IHOP in Pasco, Washington. The food was delicious and the service outstanding; however, our server Kevin took the time to visit for just a few moments and treat us as guests. His smile was contagious and dialogue involved some good human time spent together. We will plan some future travel to this IHOP as we live in the area. We just hope Kevin will be our server again.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Wife and I while on vacation to visit a family friend who lives in McMinnville came to this IHOP to eat. The young man that waited on us was very polite but just OFF. Food was served that wasn't ordered, Food that was ordered came wrong, and a salad was delivered 10 minutes after the meal came. To make a long story short a meal wasn't eaten and when we went to pay the bill they refused to remove the incorrect/uneaten meal of roughly $15. The manager ((Samantha ??)) comes out huffs and puffs and FINALLY removes the incorrect/uneaten meal from our tab. And although service was BAD We STILL TIPPED $7.00.

The very next day our Mcminnville host took us to Dallas, Oregon for lunch. While dining we received a call from her 28 year old daughter who was at IHOP getting her child some pancakes. She informed us that right now in the moment the manager ((Samantha?)) is loudly and belligerently complaining to her "Regulars" about this group that wanted "Everything Free" the night before, and how she had to "Take their salad back". She went on to say "There was just no pleasing them", blah blah blah. Again, She is stating all this very loudly, and unknowingly in front of a family friend/Mcminnville resident. I call this manager ((Samantha??)) and tell her that I don't find her actions to be professional, to which she replies "Your family shouldn't of been eavesdropping" and "I'm sorry YOU feel that way".

Days later we fly back to Phoenix and get in touch with a guy that claims to be the Manager of IHOP for the whole state of Oregon ((Gordon)). I relay our experience to him and he runs that whole "That's Unacceptable" and "I can't tell you what I'll be doing but I will be handle this" spiel. When I ask him to completely refund our meal cost either by refund or gift card he absolutely refuses and states that he doesn't do that. So in other words, he expected to dazzle us with BS and THAT would resolve or make up for the horrible experience at his store.

When I told him that that wasn't acceptable and that I would reach out to corporate he stated "Go ahead, it will just come back to me". He then said he was "Done with this conversation" and hung up on me. At no time did I raise my voice, nor curse at this man. So for this state district manager to just rudely hang up on a customer because they stated "That's not acceptable", just shows the character of whos running the IHOP stores in Oregon. So Before I start writing reviews and to the BBB, I figured I'd better get the correct name of the manager at IHOP in Mcminnville.

So I call, A woman answers, and I ask, "Hi, can I get the managers name please." This woman responds "That's me, what do you want "?? I ask, "Can I get your name maam?" She states "Why do you need my name"?? I tell her that I'm filing a complaint and that I'd just like to know the name of the person that I'm filing a complaint upon, and all I am asking for is the managers FIRST name, why is that so difficult???

She then spouts off with... "I know who you are and about your complaint, you are HARRASSING US, don't call here again!!!" and hangs up. Weird thing about it this woman wasn't even the manager that I was complaining about. This woman's name was "Kelsey". I've never spoken to her before, and like I said she wasn't even the manager in question. Way to jump right in there and get YOURSELF squarely in the middle of a complaint " KELSEY", HA!!

Anyways the manager that gave us horrible service, and then followed it up with loudly bitching and complaining about it to her regulars the next day. AND OUR Mcminnville family friend, well that manager's name is "Samatha". So to Kelsey, Samantha, and Gordon ((the supposed Manager of all IHOPS in the state of Oregon)) I would strongly recommend that you take up a refresher course in customer service, or if not, perhaps a job at the local truck stop would suit your behavior better. Our treatment was uncalled for, and rather than just refund us they refused to do ANYTHING, and then insulted us even more.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Great food and food choices. My only recommendation is to use real butter in the preparation and serving of their foods. Warm syrup and consistency in food prep have been reasons that we keep going back.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Customer service is the difference. A smile for starters then genuine courtesy. I always felt that the waitstaff didn’t want to be at work and certainly doesn’t care about the customer. How can they expect a tip if they have not provided good service? There were times two employees would have a a conversation with each other and ignore me until I spoke up and said excuse me. That’s unacceptable to see the customer (without acknowledgment) and continue with their conversation. It was rude. I could go on and on but great customer service goes a long way especially towards repeat customers and maintaining or increasing the customer base.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I recently visited the new IHOP location in Lincoln Rhode Island and I didn't realize that the food was going to be that great. My expectations were a lot lower. The service was great. The atmosphere was great. The food was awesome. The selection was pretty good. I thought they actually have a burger that's better than Five Guys. It's just great.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

My husband and I usually enjoy breakfast a couple of mornings a week at McMinnville OR, IHOP. I particularly enjoy the harvest grain pancakes, however order only 2. We find the food delicious and promptly brought to our table from the grill just as we order it. Eggs are always cooked as ordered, as is all of the food. Coffee is not bitter with carafe being regularly refilled. Servers are very congenial, most times calling us by name, and serve us with a smile. New servers are always aided by either a seasoned server or store manager. Manager always walks through several times, greeting people, oftentimes by name. We have eaten at IHOP in Twin Falls, ID and Bend OR and have received excellent service and food at those locations. The online coupons are also Great!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

It would be nice if we could substitute other sides for eggs as not everyone eats eggs. And expand the variety of the beverage menu. More free refills for the beverage menu would be great! Cameras in the restaurant were an effective way to get good customer service and good food but you took them out. Bad move!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

IHOP has great pancakes and other breakfast food. Most IHOPs are clean and have good service but I have been to some that are not. For a while I avoided IHOP restaurants but I have found nicer ones lately; so I am a customer again. I really like the newer wheat pancakes.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

Just an average experience overall...the service is usually average at best...attention to detail is average as well...whether you’re dining in or ordering online. Denny’s pancakes taste better in comparison. But the kids enjoy it so we continue to go there.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I'm pretty impressed with the quality of food at IHOP. The menu selection is diverse and I can usually find something I'd like. More often than not though the staff is terrible, making it a not-so-great experience. Not sure if they're understaffed or undertrained but I'm unimpressed. Also, I feel like I'm paying for a lot of unnecessary food. Expensive meals that are way too huge to eat anyway. I'd rather pay less and have a more reasonable portion size.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

The first time I went to the one in Germantown, I sat down and was looking at the menu. It felt greasy so I went to wipe it off and then she brought the water. The glass was streaked and filmy. I then opened the flatware and it had water spots on it. Got up and left immediately and will never go back. If the table is that dirty I get sick at my stomach thinking about the kitchen.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I appreciate the variety of pancakes. It's their differentiator and is what keeps us going. The pricing is fair too. However, some IHOPS are better than others. I always go to reviews to help make the final decision.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Decent family restaurant with good quality breakfast and variety of pancakes. But not a fan of the lunch or dinner. Staff are helpful and even in peak hours when the place overloaded with customers, they are professional.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

They have a great selection and I end up eating too much when I'm there. I love their combination plates and will always go there for breakfast and brunch. I have had a few occasions to go there for dinner and the selection is fine for me.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

The Breakfast & Dinner menus have a great selections for both Adults & Children at reasonable prices. Servers are always friendly & give great service. The food is always served fresh & hot. The restaurant always has clean tables & floors.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Great breakfast, good selection, and very fast service. Usually go to place when we travel. I like their prices too. Lunch is just ok and we have never ate dinner at IHOP. There are locations all over U.S.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

We had a party of four, first the waitress acted like she couldn't speak english. We had to beg for refills. Quality of food is not what it used to be. A couple got burgers & fries, I got a bacon lettuce, and tomato grease dripping from the bacon...

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

We always love to going to IHOP, being that we can’t make it as often as we like, so when we do go it’s always a treat. The Pancakes & French toast are the best as well as the coffee. And it’s also very affordable.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

IHOP really is dedicated to keeping its stores clean. I have not seen one where it is not clean. I have moved to another state and I still see the same wonderful clean place even here in the new state no matter which IHOP I order from.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

We have visited IHOP several times lately and each time the breakfast is cold. We are not happy as we like eating there. The service is generally great, but cold food turns us away. We may try it again, but it will be awhile.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Ordered omelette with hash brown and they got omelette with pancakes. Then they took forever to bring the hash brown. Waited for another 10 minutes to just get the hashbrown. Had to again wait for ketchup.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I’ve been a long time fan of IHOP. I’m a breakfast lover and really like their pancakes. However, their menu is very diverse if you’re not wanting breakfast items. They have season specials that are tasty and fun. Good value for the money...you’ll never leave hungry.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

IHOP is always great and they make sure to really take care of their patrons. They’re a cut above the rest in the crowded sea of restaurant chains. We support them because they really care about their customers who keep them in business!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

The IHOP on Mills Civic is my favorite restaurant. The food is perfect and very helpful staff. I was in there last week with a client and he commented on the excellent food and customer service. I provided an extra tip.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I always go here when I'm on a business trip because it's familiar and you know you can always get a delicious meal. I can't wait until the Fall when I can have their pumpkin pancakes with a large variety of syrups. Love it here.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Food, service, and value all above expectations. The service was phenomenal. Always is tremendously great. Love the ultimate breakfast. 2 bacon, 2 ham, 2 sausage, 2 eggs, scrambled hash browns, 3 pancakes and syrup, wheat toast pancakes are fantastic. Great value for the money.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Me and my family enjoy eating at Ihop. I think for a primarily breakfast spot they do offer a lot of different options. They have recently increased the options on their lunch and dinner menus which is awesome. Feeding a family of 4 sometimes gets rather expensive, but I can always count on being able to go to ihop and staying within my budget. I also see where they have increased coupons. I usually go to a restaurant and download their app if there is one available, so that I can have the options of their coupons or specials. Ihop offers these options also.

I also do the surveys at the end of my receipt to receive my free stack of pancakes... It might not seem like a lot but it adds up rather quickly so any savings is a plus. Customer service is pretty decent. Can't really say that I had any major issues. All in all I would say ihop is a good choice to take your family to eat and not have to worry with spending a whole lot of money and the food taste great!!!! You will definitely leave full...

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

The wait in getting a table isn't too bad, about 15 minutes. The thing I like most about IHOP is having the coffee carafe left there at your table for refills. Their breakfasts come to your table nice and warm, unlike some other chains I've gone to. The lunches served are tasty, as well, with a nice selection to choose from. Nice place to visit with the kiddos.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

The value for the food served is great, however sometimes the food is cold because the waitresses are so busy and forget. But they are very knowledgeable about the menu items, options and add-ons. Some are friendly and some are just courteous. The food choices are great especially for those like myself that are health conscious but it would be great if you had a variety of herbal teas, I am not a coffee drinker. To sum it up the restaurant is always busy so the food is good, and affordable especially for big families. The service just needs to be a little faster and some of the waitresses and hosts should smile, it goes a long way. Thank You and Happy Holidays to All!

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Company Information