Dairy Queen

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was very impressed with the motivation and work ethic of the team at the store in Joliet Illinois, on Essington. I visited the store on 8/13/17, at 8:00 pm and noticed how well the team worked together. Everyone was focused on what needed to be done. At no time did I see someone just going thru the motions or slacking. The manager there should be recommended for creating a good work ethic.

The Dairy Queen in Harleysville opened a new site. The Blizzards are full of ice cream but the ingredients are far and few between. We have tried at least 5 times since they opened, and we pay a price but hardly any ingredients. Will not go in future. Also, they have on their drive thru sign "If not served upside down" a free blizzard. They claim they do not honor this. Then why have it on the sign? Very poor quality and the young staff do not listen to the orders.

Stopped for a quick burger after a hot day in Coaldale Alberta DQ. Ordered a snack and it was the western BBQ burger meal. Terrible excuse as it was put together with cold BBQ sauce and was tasteless. The drink machine was foamy and blew out all over the machine as well as several of the drinks had no color or syrup just like carbonated water. The ice maker was also empty and after several complaints an employee walked around with a scoop full of ice cubes sharing them with whoever wanted instead of filling the dispenser.

When we complained about the juices not being right she said, "oh well just try another flavor." She did admit the foaming was a faulty O ring. I would say the machine was short of liquid. They ran out of ice cream so a large plastic bag was brought in to refill and they threw it on the dirty floor and commenced to refill from the floor. Gross. My wife’s swiss burger was not very well prepared either. Management seemed to be foreign and not well informed to manage this business. We will never come back to eat at this place again. Once was once too many. Sorry!

Fort Worth Texas, McCart Ave. I drove through and ordered 1 taco. They asked if I wanted 3 for $5 & I said no just 1. No lettuce. It cost $2. I got it and see why you needed 3. They were not quite 4" wide. I almost couldn't find it in the gigantic paper they wrapped it I'm that probably cost more than the taco. I stopped the car and went in. I said, "are things so bad off for you that you have to lower your portions to this extreme?" I left him the taco. I said "consider it a contribution. You Must Need It More Than me." Sad so sad. They used to be good and still could be, but how can you enjoy a taco that costs a dollar a bite and costs $2?

Great service but one of your employees her name's Ashlyn she sells some of the employees her ** brownies and she talks to them about when she is making some more and how much they will cost. I believe you all should get this handled because that is not okay to be having a employee selling ** brownies there at your business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairy Queen?

Stayton Oregon Dairy Queen at 2 pm on 7-16-2017 got a hamburger, had some kind of chemical in it, tasted like a cleaner maybe (not really tasted many cleaners). Immediately got very sick after taking one bite, sadly I swallowed it before I realized. Sat by the side of the road and vomited for a long time. French Fries were wet as if they had been in water. Not sure what is going on at this DQ but look out! Would hate to have given that to a child. Probably just a cleaner on the counter but it scares me if someone put stuff in my food.

I went to Dairy Queen in Rialto Ca on Riverside Ave. And I got a receipt that said to go online and complete a survey and I will get a free Dilly Bar and the website was listed on the receipt. I go online to the provided website to find out this is not the correct site and I can't complete the survey. I tried for 4 days thinking I was doing something wrong but come to find out the website was incorrect. When I told the owner the receipt had incorrect information on it and I could not do the survey and can I get my dilly bar I was told, "Sorry. You're right. The website is wrong but I cannot give you a dilly bar because you didn't complete the survey in the allowed time." Nowhere on the receipt does it say I have a certain time to complete and the provided site that they gave me and circle was wrong.

The workers and owner knew it was wrong and never disclosed it nor do they honor their error and they told me to call corporate because it is corporate fault even they knew the advertisement was wrong. This is beyond false representation when you knowingly advertise something that is incorrect. Misleading and wrong it is. I'm still pursuing this until I get results. I will write a complaint everywhere I can until I am heard and this is resolved.

I was very pleased with my visit to Dairy Queen on seventh street. The dining area seemed to be clean, service was satisfactory, a little slow for fast food but satisfactory for fan food.The workers was all smiles and very friendly. Thanks for great service. I will definitely be back to see you again, and a special thanks to I think her name was Lynn.

I go to this Dairy Queen 3 to 4 times a week with or without my grandkids but the last couple experiences with my Strawberry and Banana blizzard with pecan has been horrible. However, this last experience with this young lady she gave me 2 perfect blizzards and the 3rd was just a milkshake with pecans. When asked to redo it she said she can redo it but she guarantee it would be the same. It wasn't the same. IT WAS WORSE!!! AND A LESS AMOUNT!!! I went inside to speak to a manager but there was only young kids available. I got the store number and have yet to hear from a manager. This Dairy is in Harwich Port Massachusetts. I'm angry because if I'm spending 15 to 25 dollars each time I go there I was want exactly what I ordered, and I don't want a young lady telling me otherwise. Perhaps they need a course on customer service, if so I am available.

Yesterday, Sunday, June 11th @8:15 pm, I went with my two kids to get ice cream from DQ Hay Blvd. Oakville, while my wife was waiting in the car outside. I had a coupon to redeem for ice cream. When the associate was ringing me in (that lately he introduced himself as the store manager) he came up to a price that I thought was bit high, so I asked - from a curiosity standpoint - on how did he come up to that price and if the coupon discount was included? A very simple and straightforward question that any customer has the right to ask!!

Suddenly, I found this gentleman turned to be very sarcastic and in a very disrespectful tone - as if he's talking a ** - (and not to an MBA holder with a degree in pharmacy), he starts saying; "Look there at the price list and you can see yourself; it's **$ and then add the coupon so it comes up to **$ then you must know that here in Canada we pay taxes, so it come to **$!!" I was speechless for a moment who dare this person talk like that in front of my kids! I then told him, "Listen you need to speak in a more appropriate way... it's my right as a customer to ask and you need to answer in a decent way." Instead of apologizing or even clarifying himself, he went even further by saying, "Listen I don't want you in my store you can leave now!!"

At that point I promised him to teach him a lesson on customer services and how to be polite with all people despite their race or color and asked him to call the police to report this incidence. He refused and kept asking me to leave and that put more stress on my little one who run outside to her mom waiting in the car, while he continues shouting on me, "You're making a scene here, your breath smells!! Leave my store!!!" I insisted to call the police but he refused again, hence to avoid more stress on my elderly kid who was still in the store, I promised this arrogant store manager to teach him another lesson through sharing this case via all the official and social media channels until I get my right and my kids' rights back to be treated politely as a human being before being even a pharmacist with a degree!!

These are the standards, I'm raising my kids on, is to treat everyone equally and with full respect and will not allow such a disrespectful behavior from an arrogant racist store manager to make any damage in their character, seeing such a scene. I'll pursue every possible channel to cascade up to DQ headquarter to investigate and if no response, I'll take this case to the next levels.

We ordered cake at DQ Scott Road Surrey, for my daughter's birthday. The cake they prepared was altogether different than we ordered. The staff was not at all apologetic. The cake was so bad that it can't be worse. I would recommend not to order any cake at this location.

We went as a family to DQ last night. We go usually once a month. I repeated multiple times that I wanted a blizzard with Reese pieces candies, cheesecake, and caramel. I then said not the cups only the candies as I am allergic to chocolate. It was repeated and correct. I went home and started eating it to find a piece of chocolate in it. I looked in the cup and found more! Thank God my throat doesn't close. I do however get horrible migraines and end up vomiting all night. It was a horrible and very painful night and now into the next day. People really need to be aware of the seriousness of allergies. This is the second time I have had this happen there. I have also had 3 orders remade before they didn't listen. It's not a "Oh I don't like that," I am allergic and get violently ill. Very disappointed and won't be back.

We had a party of 14 visit the Dairy Queen on the pike in Marietta, Ohio. While eating my niece had 2 ants crawl OUT of her fries. The lady (not in our party) sitting beside of us saw the ants crawling out of the fries as well and told the cashier, she smiled and the lady said "no, it's not funny". She (the cashier) took my niece's fries and I handed her mine. The cashier came back and said the ants aren't exactly in the food, we just have a problem with ants. We noticed ants crawling along the back of the seat so we moved elsewhere so the children could finish their cones, then we spotted ants crawling everywhere. Most of us threw our food away. The cashier had a napkin smashing ants on the walls and seats... If that didn't ruin our appetite!!!

The last two times I went to Dairy Queen, at two different locations, in two different states, they tried to pour my Blizzard out right in front of me, and looked me in the eye and smiled while doing so like a dog pissing on the carpet. Why would they do that? I complained to the last one, and the manager argued with me. I called the franchisee back the next day and SHE argued with me. I called Corporate and they tried to shut me up by throwing money at me, but refused to disenfranchise the store. That's right. Dairy Queen Corporate encourages franchisees and their employees to argue with customers. Never again will I go to Dairy Queen.

I took my two grandsons to Dairy Queen yesterday. Will you ordered one small ice cream cone and two blizzards: a pecan cluster blizzard with extra nuts and an M&M blizzard. The total for those three items was over $12. I thought that was ridiculous but whenever I started eating my blizzard I found the ingredients for that blizzard including the extra nuts were not present. I went up to the counter and asked why there were no nuts my blizzard and I was told that they go by a system of measurement. I basically had plain ice cream only even though I paid a lot for the blizzard. The employees were slow and very rude. I will guarantee that I will never step foot in a Dairy Queen again.

False advertisement. I ordered a meal for my family, they gave me something totally opposite of the menu and overcharge me. Complain to corporate and the owner and they laughed about it!!! Dairy Queen is based out of Canada and from my understanding to corporate they don't like Americans so awesome as Americans on a boycott any outsourced company that thinks we are below them!!! I lost family member in the Trade Center 9/11 and I am tired of these outsourcing companies do think they could come into America and treat us like crap. The owner says "if you don't like it don't buy from us. More stupid Americans will buy from us anyways."

While waiting for food about 20 minutes the shift leader and her new employee decided to do all the trash in the restaurant instead of making our blizzards. Then when they finished they went straight back to getting blizzards made and touched every handle and top of cups. When we asked for a refund they got mad and started using the F word and refused to give us our receipt. This was in Valley View Texas. Stay away!

I was just at the Dairy Queen in De Smet South Dakota. Today I went to the drive-thru and placed an order. I was told to pull around and was told not to come back again. They refused service to me because I complained about their bad service in the past. I was told none of the staff members will wait on me. What a way to run a service by fixing your problems telling the customers who complain to leave.

Complaint: My eight-year-old daughter received an overcooked corn dog. Same day the Hi-C fruit punch was out and it was watered down. Next day I ordered a strawberry and banana blizzard and received a banana split blizzard. The day after I received a strawberry and banana blizzard with just ice cream when I called to just let them know what had happened I was told there was nothing they could do about it. What is upsetting is when my wife ordered this with some food it was not given to her and she had to drive back up to Dairy Queen to get it. So now when I go to order some treats for my girls I was told not to ever come back and they don't want me around anymore. When I asked why I was told because I complain too much.

I was served three sandwiches for takeaway in the afternoon, two sandwiches were consumed in the afternoon, whereas one of the sandwich was left for the evening brunch for my son. While he was having it I noticed that the bread was actually burnt out so I asked my wife whether the other two sandwiches were the same, unfortunately they were the same. So I called DQ at Kennedy and Ellesmere to lodge my complaint, they asked me to bring the sandwich to tell me that the other one will be the same and they cannot replace the meal. The staff was incredibly rude, impolite and unprofessional. Unfortunately, this was my second visit to DQ and now I will never again visit the place. The lost one more customer! Alas.

Sunday, Oct. 30, I just left my local DQ on Cox Road, Glen Allen, Va and was disgusted by the lack of cleanliness. Back counters were smeared with milk/cream, back corner caulking at counter had mold on it, ice cream on the floor at the counter. When I mentioned to the female worker her response was "I'll take care of that later." I was the only person in the shop and when I mentioned that someone could slip and fall, it made no difference. The smeared fingerprints on the doors were also a turnoff. Empty tables needed to be cleaned off. I know that his owner gives much back to the community, but the public deserves better than this. He can do better.

Edmonton, AB, The Dairy Queen / Orange Julius at 11136 82nd Ave. THE MANAGER SHOULD BE FIRED!!! I went in to buy a box of 12 Dilly Bars, he ran it through the till and it came up close to $18. I saw the price but felt leery 'cause I have them before and they were around $15 with GST included. So I questioned him on why so much and asked him to show me the prices for the box. I looked and there was NO PRICES in the cooler on any cooler item, and there wasn't anything on the menu. He proceeds with an attitude, points to the price he rang up, and says, "This is the price." I asked again and he said, "That's price."

So I took his word and bought it, went to my car, and started calling other Dairy Queens. I talked to the location on the South Edmonton side (14151 23rd Ave. Dairy Queen) and the man on the phone told me the price would only be with GST included $15 and something cents. I kept the man on the phone and right away went back into the store to get a refund. BUT the man at the counter said he would not refund me because I had took the stuff out of store and "didn't know if I did something to it." I was only out of store for 5-10 mins max and it was fully sealed and returnable.

I put the other Dairy Queen on speaker and asked if it was my right to return something and get refunded irregardless of being out of store for 5-10 mins and he agreed. I asked the rude, east Indian man who wouldn't refund me to speak with his manager and he claimed to be the manager. I told him his service as a manager was ** and when I left store he swore at me saying ,** and giving me the finger. I walked across the street, got into my car and looked back at the store, and he was standing outside on the edge of curve staring very intently at me like he wanted to hurt me, like he wanted to fight right then and there.

As I drove away I yelled out my window, "What you looking at? Got a problem?" and yelled back profanities and gave me the finger over and over. I will never, EVER buy from another Dairy Queen and I will tell all my friends and family NEVER eat there or purchase anything 'cause they could possibly be ripping you off especially when a manager doesn't have the decency to prove what he charges, could be pocketing change, and treats people with that much disrespect. If that's the type of people Dairy Queen likes to employee I will do my best to discourage everyone I can from ever eating there again.

You are not going to believe this! I just went up to Dairy Queen in Swartz Creek to get my sons some dinner. I ordered and paid for my food and then I believe I seen a girl at the counter wrap or she unwrapped and wrapped back up a sandwich after she just handled money. I told the girl in the drive thru that I would like my money back and why. She went and got the manager who is the man that wears all black and who has a speech impediment, I believe. He proceeds to yell at me and tell me that I am a liar and that I didn't see what I just saw! I said, "I know what I just saw and I would just like my money back". I never yelled and I never cussed at him.

He then puts the refund on my debit card and hands it back to me and screams "don't you ever come back to my ** restaurant again"! I again say that I know what I saw and go to pull away and I tell him that I will be reporting this incident and he stuck his head out the window and called me a **! Now, I ask, what would you do if he DID this to you? Also, my 14 year old son was in the car at the time and there was a customer at the counter. If you were a customer inside or outside in the drive thru and you witnessed this... I would love to talk to you! Some people said tonight that he is the owner, Tommy!

DQ Battle Lake MN - Over the years this place has declined. This year we had hope that things were improving. WRONG. The food is unpredictable. They run out of ice cream. They close at random times despite their posted hours. The people who work here are sketchy - you will never find a real supervisor/adult on staff here. The owner hires high school kids and lets them run as they see fit. Also stories of moldy hot dog buns, poor hygiene, and dirty conditions.

Waited in line over 20 minutes. 14 people in front of me at least 7 behind me. 1 person ringing out more than enough to come up and open, another waited another 15 for food, 1 person after another coming up with a complaint. Got home, order was wrong. Missing food. Called, got an answering machine. Day and a half later no callback. Time to move on Colonie NY.

I am 54 years old, have been eating at Dairy Queen since I was about 6 years old. I have always gotten a cherry sundae. For the past couple of years I can't seem to get a cherry sundae. I haven't eaten at DQ since but I still come in every once in a while to see if all the flavor are back.

I purchased an ice cream cake, as I understand it should include some cake and the best quality ice cream, given its high price. Instead, it only contained a tiny layer of hard chocolate fudge and the worst low quality ice cream ever. Eating this cake, caused me severe stomach ache and heartburn. This might be due to the low quality ingredients used in the making. It is very unfortunate to pay money to get sick!

A year ago I made a complaint about the store on Curry Ford Rd in Orlando, Fl. The manager and owner asked me to give them another chance. Two weeks ago I gave them another chance. This visit was far worse than the visit a year ago. The store has a board full of chicken meals, however on this visit there was not any chicken at all. There was not any soda, no toppings for ice cream. And there was not any air. The room was very hot and nobody cared. This is the behavior of the owner who could not care less on what takes place in his store. This is a plea to all the people reading this review. I am asking you to avoid this store on Curry Ford Rd, Orlando. The best thing that you can do is put this place out of business or force the owner to sell. This owner cares about nothing. It is your duty to put them out of business or this terrible treatment will continue.

I frequent the DQ in 55116 of St. Paul, MN. The last three visits have been annoying. Visit 1: I pull up to the intercom to place an order. I am asked to wait a minute. I wait two minutes. I pull around to the window, no cars there. I told the employee I don't appreciate being left at the intercom. He "apologized". I place and take my order. Visit 2: I pull up to intercom. No response. I drive to window no one there. I tap on the window. A young woman rudely informs me the drive up window is closed (there are no notices posted and it's noon), closes the window and walks away.

Visit 3: I pull up to the intercom. I try to place an order. The idiot working the drive thru doesn't know how to operate the intercom. I place my order at the window. I get my food. The sundae is skimpy. I ask for more ice cream. The employee (who is dumber than a stick) argues with me and states this is the small. I state I receive more than this and stated I will not accept it. I get add'l soft serve, hopefully there are no boogers in it. The cup is about to burst on the bottom, so I hand that back to get a new cup. I leave for the last time. It's not worth the hassle to get disservice at this location. I'm done.

Last evening I went to our new Dairy Queen on Burkhart and was the sixth person in line. Ordered crept forward as they were busy. Got to the window, was handed a box of Dilly Bars (I guess that is what they were supposed to be), handed my blizzard. After she asked if I wanted a lid, put wrong lid on it, it was a flat lid not the usual, then told I had to wait for my burger. Ok, but why give me some of my items to sit in the car and melt. And shouldn't my burger have been ready? Got the burger and it was cold. WORST HAMBURGER I EVER HAD! I guess I'll go back to the old Dairy Queen on North 41, but ordering any more food from any of them will not happen... and the Dilly Bars, what happened to those? Wont get those anymore.

Occasionally, when I'm in the mood to have some ice cream and I'm at the mall, I would step into Dairy Queen's store. When I order there, I choose only from two items -- the Kit Kat Blizzard or the Matcha Green Tea Moolatte. I absolutely love them both. Apart from their delightful tastes, I'm pleased to not have to pay too much for them. If I'm looking for quality and affordable desserts, I'd go to Dairy Queen.

Dairy Queen Company Profile