Dairy Queen

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We ordered cake at DQ Scott Road Surrey, for my daughter's birthday. The cake they prepared was altogether different than we ordered. The staff was not at all apologetic. The cake was so bad that it can't be worse. I would recommend not to order any cake at this location.

We went as a family to DQ last night. We go usually once a month. I repeated multiple times that I wanted a blizzard with Reese pieces candies, cheesecake, and caramel. I then said not the cups only the candies as I am allergic to chocolate. It was repeated and correct. I went home and started eating it to find a piece of chocolate in it. I looked in the cup and found more! Thank God my throat doesn't close. I do however get horrible migraines and end up vomiting all night. It was a horrible and very painful night and now into the next day. People really need to be aware of the seriousness of allergies. This is the second time I have had this happen there. I have also had 3 orders remade before they didn't listen. It's not a "Oh I don't like that," I am allergic and get violently ill. Very disappointed and won't be back.

We had a party of 14 visit the Dairy Queen on the pike in Marietta, Ohio. While eating my niece had 2 ants crawl OUT of her fries. The lady (not in our party) sitting beside of us saw the ants crawling out of the fries as well and told the cashier, she smiled and the lady said "no, it's not funny". She (the cashier) took my niece's fries and I handed her mine. The cashier came back and said the ants aren't exactly in the food, we just have a problem with ants. We noticed ants crawling along the back of the seat so we moved elsewhere so the children could finish their cones, then we spotted ants crawling everywhere. Most of us threw our food away. The cashier had a napkin smashing ants on the walls and seats... If that didn't ruin our appetite!!!

The last two times I went to Dairy Queen, at two different locations, in two different states, they tried to pour my Blizzard out right in front of me, and looked me in the eye and smiled while doing so like a dog pissing on the carpet. Why would they do that? I complained to the last one, and the manager argued with me. I called the franchisee back the next day and SHE argued with me. I called Corporate and they tried to shut me up by throwing money at me, but refused to disenfranchise the store. That's right. Dairy Queen Corporate encourages franchisees and their employees to argue with customers. Never again will I go to Dairy Queen.

I took my two grandsons to Dairy Queen yesterday. Will you ordered one small ice cream cone and two blizzards: a pecan cluster blizzard with extra nuts and an M&M blizzard. The total for those three items was over $12. I thought that was ridiculous but whenever I started eating my blizzard I found the ingredients for that blizzard including the extra nuts were not present. I went up to the counter and asked why there were no nuts my blizzard and I was told that they go by a system of measurement. I basically had plain ice cream only even though I paid a lot for the blizzard. The employees were slow and very rude. I will guarantee that I will never step foot in a Dairy Queen again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairy Queen?

False advertisement. I ordered a meal for my family, they gave me something totally opposite of the menu and overcharge me. Complain to corporate and the owner and they laughed about it!!! Dairy Queen is based out of Canada and from my understanding to corporate they don't like Americans so awesome as Americans on a boycott any outsourced company that thinks we are below them!!! I lost family member in the Trade Center 9/11 and I am tired of these outsourcing companies do think they could come into America and treat us like crap. The owner says "if you don't like it don't buy from us. More stupid Americans will buy from us anyways."

While waiting for food about 20 minutes the shift leader and her new employee decided to do all the trash in the restaurant instead of making our blizzards. Then when they finished they went straight back to getting blizzards made and touched every handle and top of cups. When we asked for a refund they got mad and started using the F word and refused to give us our receipt. This was in Valley View Texas. Stay away!

I was just at the Dairy Queen in De Smet South Dakota. Today I went to the drive-thru and placed an order. I was told to pull around and was told not to come back again. They refused service to me because I complained about their bad service in the past. I was told none of the staff members will wait on me. What a way to run a service by fixing your problems telling the customers who complain to leave.

Complaint: My eight-year-old daughter received an overcooked corn dog. Same day the Hi-C fruit punch was out and it was watered down. Next day I ordered a strawberry and banana blizzard and received a banana split blizzard. The day after I received a strawberry and banana blizzard with just ice cream when I called to just let them know what had happened I was told there was nothing they could do about it. What is upsetting is when my wife ordered this with some food it was not given to her and she had to drive back up to Dairy Queen to get it. So now when I go to order some treats for my girls I was told not to ever come back and they don't want me around anymore. When I asked why I was told because I complain too much.

I was served three sandwiches for takeaway in the afternoon, two sandwiches were consumed in the afternoon, whereas one of the sandwich was left for the evening brunch for my son. While he was having it I noticed that the bread was actually burnt out so I asked my wife whether the other two sandwiches were the same, unfortunately they were the same. So I called DQ at Kennedy and Ellesmere to lodge my complaint, they asked me to bring the sandwich to tell me that the other one will be the same and they cannot replace the meal. The staff was incredibly rude, impolite and unprofessional. Unfortunately, this was my second visit to DQ and now I will never again visit the place. The lost one more customer! Alas.

Sunday, Oct. 30, I just left my local DQ on Cox Road, Glen Allen, Va and was disgusted by the lack of cleanliness. Back counters were smeared with milk/cream, back corner caulking at counter had mold on it, ice cream on the floor at the counter. When I mentioned to the female worker her response was "I'll take care of that later." I was the only person in the shop and when I mentioned that someone could slip and fall, it made no difference. The smeared fingerprints on the doors were also a turnoff. Empty tables needed to be cleaned off. I know that his owner gives much back to the community, but the public deserves better than this. He can do better.

Edmonton, AB, The Dairy Queen / Orange Julius at 11136 82nd Ave. THE MANAGER SHOULD BE FIRED!!! I went in to buy a box of 12 Dilly Bars, he ran it through the till and it came up close to $18. I saw the price but felt leery 'cause I have them before and they were around $15 with GST included. So I questioned him on why so much and asked him to show me the prices for the box. I looked and there was NO PRICES in the cooler on any cooler item, and there wasn't anything on the menu. He proceeds with an attitude, points to the price he rang up, and says, "This is the price." I asked again and he said, "That's price."

So I took his word and bought it, went to my car, and started calling other Dairy Queens. I talked to the location on the South Edmonton side (14151 23rd Ave. Dairy Queen) and the man on the phone told me the price would only be with GST included $15 and something cents. I kept the man on the phone and right away went back into the store to get a refund. BUT the man at the counter said he would not refund me because I had took the stuff out of store and "didn't know if I did something to it." I was only out of store for 5-10 mins max and it was fully sealed and returnable.

I put the other Dairy Queen on speaker and asked if it was my right to return something and get refunded irregardless of being out of store for 5-10 mins and he agreed. I asked the rude, east Indian man who wouldn't refund me to speak with his manager and he claimed to be the manager. I told him his service as a manager was ** and when I left store he swore at me saying ,** and giving me the finger. I walked across the street, got into my car and looked back at the store, and he was standing outside on the edge of curve staring very intently at me like he wanted to hurt me, like he wanted to fight right then and there.

As I drove away I yelled out my window, "What you looking at? Got a problem?" and yelled back profanities and gave me the finger over and over. I will never, EVER buy from another Dairy Queen and I will tell all my friends and family NEVER eat there or purchase anything 'cause they could possibly be ripping you off especially when a manager doesn't have the decency to prove what he charges, could be pocketing change, and treats people with that much disrespect. If that's the type of people Dairy Queen likes to employee I will do my best to discourage everyone I can from ever eating there again.

You are not going to believe this! I just went up to Dairy Queen in Swartz Creek to get my sons some dinner. I ordered and paid for my food and then I believe I seen a girl at the counter wrap or she unwrapped and wrapped back up a sandwich after she just handled money. I told the girl in the drive thru that I would like my money back and why. She went and got the manager who is the man that wears all black and who has a speech impediment, I believe. He proceeds to yell at me and tell me that I am a liar and that I didn't see what I just saw! I said, "I know what I just saw and I would just like my money back". I never yelled and I never cussed at him.

He then puts the refund on my debit card and hands it back to me and screams "don't you ever come back to my ** restaurant again"! I again say that I know what I saw and go to pull away and I tell him that I will be reporting this incident and he stuck his head out the window and called me a **! Now, I ask, what would you do if he DID this to you? Also, my 14 year old son was in the car at the time and there was a customer at the counter. If you were a customer inside or outside in the drive thru and you witnessed this... I would love to talk to you! Some people said tonight that he is the owner, Tommy!

DQ Battle Lake MN - Over the years this place has declined. This year we had hope that things were improving. WRONG. The food is unpredictable. They run out of ice cream. They close at random times despite their posted hours. The people who work here are sketchy - you will never find a real supervisor/adult on staff here. The owner hires high school kids and lets them run as they see fit. Also stories of moldy hot dog buns, poor hygiene, and dirty conditions.

Waited in line over 20 minutes. 14 people in front of me at least 7 behind me. 1 person ringing out more than enough to come up and open, another waited another 15 for food, 1 person after another coming up with a complaint. Got home, order was wrong. Missing food. Called, got an answering machine. Day and a half later no callback. Time to move on Colonie NY.

I am 54 years old, have been eating at Dairy Queen since I was about 6 years old. I have always gotten a cherry sundae. For the past couple of years I can't seem to get a cherry sundae. I haven't eaten at DQ since but I still come in every once in a while to see if all the flavor are back.

I purchased an ice cream cake, as I understand it should include some cake and the best quality ice cream, given its high price. Instead, it only contained a tiny layer of hard chocolate fudge and the worst low quality ice cream ever. Eating this cake, caused me severe stomach ache and heartburn. This might be due to the low quality ingredients used in the making. It is very unfortunate to pay money to get sick!

A year ago I made a complaint about the store on Curry Ford Rd in Orlando, Fl. The manager and owner asked me to give them another chance. Two weeks ago I gave them another chance. This visit was far worse than the visit a year ago. The store has a board full of chicken meals, however on this visit there was not any chicken at all. There was not any soda, no toppings for ice cream. And there was not any air. The room was very hot and nobody cared. This is the behavior of the owner who could not care less on what takes place in his store. This is a plea to all the people reading this review. I am asking you to avoid this store on Curry Ford Rd, Orlando. The best thing that you can do is put this place out of business or force the owner to sell. This owner cares about nothing. It is your duty to put them out of business or this terrible treatment will continue.

I frequent the DQ in 55116 of St. Paul, MN. The last three visits have been annoying. Visit 1: I pull up to the intercom to place an order. I am asked to wait a minute. I wait two minutes. I pull around to the window, no cars there. I told the employee I don't appreciate being left at the intercom. He "apologized". I place and take my order. Visit 2: I pull up to intercom. No response. I drive to window no one there. I tap on the window. A young woman rudely informs me the drive up window is closed (there are no notices posted and it's noon), closes the window and walks away.

Visit 3: I pull up to the intercom. I try to place an order. The idiot working the drive thru doesn't know how to operate the intercom. I place my order at the window. I get my food. The sundae is skimpy. I ask for more ice cream. The employee (who is dumber than a stick) argues with me and states this is the small. I state I receive more than this and stated I will not accept it. I get add'l soft serve, hopefully there are no boogers in it. The cup is about to burst on the bottom, so I hand that back to get a new cup. I leave for the last time. It's not worth the hassle to get disservice at this location. I'm done.

Last evening I went to our new Dairy Queen on Burkhart and was the sixth person in line. Ordered crept forward as they were busy. Got to the window, was handed a box of Dilly Bars (I guess that is what they were supposed to be), handed my blizzard. After she asked if I wanted a lid, put wrong lid on it, it was a flat lid not the usual, then told I had to wait for my burger. Ok, but why give me some of my items to sit in the car and melt. And shouldn't my burger have been ready? Got the burger and it was cold. WORST HAMBURGER I EVER HAD! I guess I'll go back to the old Dairy Queen on North 41, but ordering any more food from any of them will not happen... and the Dilly Bars, what happened to those? Wont get those anymore.

Occasionally, when I'm in the mood to have some ice cream and I'm at the mall, I would step into Dairy Queen's store. When I order there, I choose only from two items -- the Kit Kat Blizzard or the Matcha Green Tea Moolatte. I absolutely love them both. Apart from their delightful tastes, I'm pleased to not have to pay too much for them. If I'm looking for quality and affordable desserts, I'd go to Dairy Queen.

Has a man ever tasted food so good it made him refer to himself and everything else in the third person? Perhaps it might well be the case with a Dairy Queen. A man buys himself an Oreo Blizzard. The anticipation gradually builds prior to tasting a food, though it does not spike at the moment a food is served upside down, but rather the moment a man is about to take a bite of chocolate plus vanilla goodness. A man enjoys a treat very much while seated in a jeepney during heavy traffic.

A man revels in a treat that keeps him cool in the sweltering heat. A man rejoices in looking for the bigger chunks of Oreo cookie not properly crushed. A man enjoys the sweet taste overwhelming his mouth. A man is satisfied. All hail the Dairy Queen, the First of Her Name, the Unburnt Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and of the First Men Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, Mother of Dragons. Oreo Blizzard, cold as ice. Oreo Blizzard, winter is coming.

Well it wasn't me but my mom who went to a Dairy Queen in GA and ordered a cup of water and she stated that when she took a sip that she swallowed something that felt slime go down her throat. So when she got home in Anderson SC she took the top off the cup and found first of all that the water was dirty and that there was some more slime down at the bottom and something that looked like styrofoam. And I think that something should be done about that because she got really sick from that nasty water.

Normally we enjoy all the food during our visits to a variety of Dairy Queen locations; the hot grilled foods -- especially the chicken strip basket--are usually quite tasty, which is why we continue to visit Dairy Queen restaurants. The chicken basket we ordered on our most recent visit to the Troy, IL location was no exception. The chicken in the basket was hot, fresh and crispy, as were the lightly salted French fries. Just great! However, the management of and service in that particular location appears to be in dire need of improvement. The staff is indeed courteous enough, but does not appear knowledgeable enough when it comes to corporate policy and promotions.

We arrived at the restaurant a few minutes after three p.m.; I noticed a sign that indicated "Happy Hour" pricing on three beverages, including iced coffee for 99 cents. When I mentioned to the cashier that I wanted to take advantage of the happy hour promotion, she had a really puzzled look on her face, and she had to ask the manager how to ring up the drink at the promo price. While we were eating, we overheard on their P.A. system for the drive-through to be sure to check the receipt to take a survey to receive a free product (I apologize but I don't remember what item exactly the freebie is supposed to be). I also saw signage in the store regarding the same promotion.

When I got the mocha flavored iced coffee, the first sip or two was okay, but then afterward it tasted really gritty, so I decided I would take the telephone survey that was advertised, more in the hope of reporting the poor quality of the iced coffee than for the privilege of receiving a free product coupon. Imagine my surprise when I looked at the receipt and it not only had no store identifiers or phone numbers for the restaurant itself on the receipt, but NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE SURVEY! Also, the register tape does not have any pink or other colorization that might indicate that the advertising is missing because the receipt is printed on register tape that is near the end of the tape roll. NO. It's just completely blank on the back side! There is a clerk name and server number with F-0110 Tent #11 across the top of the receipt, but no contact information whatsoever.

The store also had numerous ads posted for various products they did not appear to have in stock, such as the mini Oreo Cookies 'N Cream ice cream cake. We were interested in purchasing one, but didn't find any Mini cakes, in any flavor at all in their freezer case. We did notice two unappealing old-looking ice cream cupcakes in the freezer and wondered whether those are what is now being referred to as the mini cakes. If so, then they don't look anything like the mini cakes depicted in the ads.

More than a couple of years ago I called DQ headquarters to share my dissatisfaction with the quality of one of those ice cream cupcakes and the fact that at the time (perhaps it has been corrected by now?) the cupcakes were being sold without any nutrition labeling as required by law. When I spoke to someone in corporate about the issue (poor taste, missing label, etc.) I felt as though they really didn't give a rat's carcass about the issue. Lip service, and not so much as the offer of a refund on the item or even a lousy few cents off coupon for the trouble. Given that we have enjoyed most of their foods over the past 30+ years, that inappropriate corporate indifference wasn't quite enough to dissuade me from continuing to dine in their restaurants.

I plan to contact corporate again to report that there was something not quite right about the taste of the iced coffee (as though it either had coffee grounds in it or they just mixed an envelope of hot chocolate mix in with regular coffee and the hot chocolate mix didn't dissolve) and about how promotions were poorly handled in the Troy location. If they offer something more tangible than mere lip service in exchange for constructive criticism, I'd be quite surprised (and pleased!).

I LOVE DAIRY QUEEN!!! The blizzard is so delicious. I love all their flavors. I always buy my DQ before I start working. It's my energizer and stress reliever. I also tried one of the cakes and it was so amazing, I love it. I always make sure that I have my DQ every time I watch a movie or just go for a walk. I just love it so much. Don't mind the extra calories as long as I am happy that is what matters haha! Not a week goes by without me eating my favorite DQ... But why the name? Why Dairy Queen? And not Dairy King? haha! Just a thought!

Yesterday at the location in Orangevale, off of Greenback Ln., I ordered one chili dog and was given a receipt with the total $3.09 on it. They gave me a second receipt underneath that I didn't see until much later, that showed a 39 cent charge. I asked the counter what it was about, and was told it was because I didn't pay with cash or credit. So you're telling me a multi-million dollar business is going to charge people for using the most accepted form of payment nowadays? Never eating here again.

I went thru the drive thru and ordered a Butterfinger Blizzard with extra Butterfinger. I got to work and had something full of pecans. I could not eat it. I tried to call and the phone rang off the hook. No answer of the 5 times I called. I called the 800 number and filed a complaint. I work at the hospital. I go in at 645 and get off at 715 am. I go home and sleep until 5, and get ready for work and come in again. I stopped in the DQ this time and went in. I told the manager "Carrie" what happened the day before and she said they couldn't refund or give me anything without getting the Blizzard back. That I threw in the trash about 24 hours prior, so I told her I wanted another one. I repeated the Butterfinger with extra topping. She looked at me like I was crazy, and she started to ring it up, and asked me again what I wanted... I was very angry and told her obviously she couldn't hear.

I had repeated the Butterfinger large with extra toppings about 5 times now, then I told her I would like a foot long with chili and cheese, add mustard and slaw. I should have checked before I left. NO CHEESE!!! I know she did this on purpose. I have my receipt, both of them, and I took pictures of my hotdog with no cheese. I called and the 3rd time I called she answered and said, "Do you want me to fill out a complaint?" I told her no and hung up. I have never been treated like this. She should not be a manager. I am posting this on Facebook for all my friends to see. Carrie needs a hearing aid and manners!!!

I visited Dairy Queen on 4-10-16 specifically to get a banana split. I paid for it and at the end of the counter the lady said "I cannot make you a banana split because I had to go to Monroe to get bananas and was only able to get 1 bundle and it has to last me until tomorrow night." What??? You have bananas and you can't make the banana split because you need to make your bananas last??? NOT going back. Poor customer service. Very low quality restaurant.

Arrive at the Dairy Queen in Wimberley Tx on 3/18/16 at 2:00 p.m. As I was waiting in line to place my order noticed that nobody was in the kitchen for about 10 minutes. I was next to order and was upset because the old lady skip me and told me that the man behind me was a regular customer that goes everyday and that she knew what he always orders. The man was shy and apologize for cutting in front of me. Then the old lady placed my order which was a grilled chicken sandwich combo, 1 side jalapenos, 1 small ice-cream cone.

At 2:20 I walked to the counter to ask the lady about my order. The order had been sitting on the counter for more than 5 minutes already cold. When I took the first bite I spit the food because the chicken was not fully cooked. It was still raw. I then took the sandwich back to the lady. I waited another 8 minutes and my sandwich was still not being made. A customer comes in and a hispanic male which was the cook steps out to greet the customer and in front of me tells the old lady that placed my order that he was going to run to the back to cook the food of that lady that had just walked in because he also knew what she wanted. Wimberley TX. is a small town and I had the impression that everyone knew everyone!!!

It was already about 2:30 pm and I told the lady, "What about my sandwich." At that point I demanded my money! I had paid with my debit card and she wanted to give me the money back to my card but I told her I wanted it in cash. She gave it back in cash. A fast food restaurant with only 1 person on the front, 1 in drive thru, No cook in the back because he was wandering around the restaurant, the manager had stepped out for about 20 minutes. Didn't even bother to talk to me to apologize when I was demanding my money. As soon I stepped out I made a phone call to the corporate office in Minneapolis and spoke to a lady and explained everything that took place. She told me that she was going to give the complaint to the correct people. She ask for my Phone an email which I provided to her. I took a picture of my receipt which shows that I paid with my debit card. I will never eat at a DQ ever again!!!

Decided to try the Grill Menu for the first time. Alaskan Pacific Cod was served piping hot which is great. Tasted pretty good. We decided to dine in however we're not asked if we were dining in or if our order was to go until we were served at our tables of choice, and the receipt stated "eat-in". Speaking of tables, they were dirty and so were the seats. We could visibly tell the floor needed to be mopped. Other customers noticed as well. Floor was very, very icky. Our ketchup bottle was empty, so we had to use one from another table. We would've asked the cashier for assistance but she had a line of customers. We ordered two shrimp baskets and asked for cocktail sauce for each. Rang up correctly but was only given one cocktail sauce.

I placed 2 orders of the 6 dollar dinner meals (2 double cheeseburgers, 2 fries, 2 drinks, 1 sundae and 1 mini blizzard). My order came to $15.40. It was a car in front of me that seemed to have had a mess up with their order which called me to wait more than 30 minutes. When I finally approached the window the worker at the window had an attitude and gave me cold food and said there nothing she can do about it. I told her I ordered hot food so she told a co-worker that I said my food is cold and what to do. She didn't come back to the window for about 10 minutes with fresh fries and my 2 double cheeseburgers seemed to have made their way to the microwave because the wrapper was warm but the burgers was still cold. Never again!! You lost a customer.

Dairy Queen Company Profile