3.45/5
  • 1 star
Based on 62 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Dairy Queen

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 17, 2018

152 Dairy Queen Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I want to keep my money within the safe saving zone, but what I had saw on the board was around 5 dollars I'm almost getting my money chewed up by expensive restaurants. Above 5 dollars each time I go out to eat. I need to recover. Next time, add the 3 dollar menu.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

DQ is very clean, prices however on blizzards are way too high because the medium blizzard is actually the same size as large. The only difference is the large is slimmer but taller in size whereas the medium is just a little shorter yet wider. This is why I always buy medium. Need to increase size of large cup to call it a large.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

The reason for low scores revolve around CLEANLINESS. Specifically, the stainless steel collars used to make blizzards. When not in use they sit in nasty water that is suppose to drain which it doesn't. The crew member simply picks up a collar, rinses it off then uses it on the next order. THIS IS DISGUSTING! The ice cream and Blizzard choices plus mix-ins is very good. The crew members are mostly teenagers or young adults and are focused on their world revolving around them at the time. This is true in every industry though so Dairy Queen really can't be singled out for that score. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Love DQ. Consistently good. I lived in Camas, WA for 25 years, and was always more than satisfied w/ selections, courtesy of staff, quality of products. I now live in Vancouver, WA, and have found 2 stores I frequent... both as good as the one in Camas. Even going out of town, I will look for a DQ for my weekly indulgence, and they always exceed my expectations. Can't imagine life without DQ!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Please avoid this Dairy Queen. The staff is rude, disrespectful, and use profane language. The cooks wear gloves, however wipes their nose without removing the glove, and or, washing their hands. The Assistant Manager Ladestiny was throwing her hands up and disrespecting other customers, besides me. The general manager Angela **, was extremely rude. Unwilling to listen to what was going on. She kept saying, she looked at the camera. If that's the case please pull the recording, it will confirm everything I am stating. This is not slander, because I have a video and audio to confirm it. I do not mind sharing it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairy Queen?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

The staff is always very friendly, which is something you can't say about many fast food places. They all seem to have good days and bad days, but my local Dairy Queen is CONSISTENTLY cordial.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Stay away from the Dairy Queen at 1122 Tyson Road, Hope Hull, AL 36043. The food is horrible, the customer service and satisfaction is the worst ever. The phone number is fake, when you call 334-288-4307 it rings to a Fax line and you get a fax tone. The other number I was given was **, that number says "the number you have dialed is no longer in service or has been disconnected. The DQs are privately owned. I have not been able to speak to owner since I visited that location on Sept. 13, 2017. She called me 3 times but I live where the cell service is weak. She left me 1 voicemail, she never left her name, what company she was calling from and she has a thick southern accent and talks 90 mph that I could hardly understand her VM. I had to listen to it about 8 times to figure out it was DQ calling me.

She has not returned my call again and I have learned today She closed my complaint so she obviously does not want to resolve my issue or complaint at all. I am urging everyone and posting on as many websites as possible for everyone to stay away from this store, and DQ in general. They do not care about customer satisfaction. It's not like the old days where companies told the employees, the customer is always right and do everything in your power to make the customer happy. This owner and Dairy Queen in general does not care about its customers, the horrible product they are trying to push on the American public. I requested a full refund for the horrible food and I did not get a refund. The hamburgers were about a half inch thick, and they were double hamburgers. The large French fries were lucky to be small fries.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Dairy Queen chicken strips changed my life for the better. However, my experience with this product in Sweet Home Oregon has been better than what I have been served from other Dairy Queen locations. I visited Corvallis, Oregon and ordered a normal 6-piece chicken strip basket with ranch and it was nothing compared to what Sweet Homes Dairy Queen serves to its customers.

Quality: The quality is fantastic. Everything is cooked just right, and always hot and fresh as soon as you get it handed to you. Quantity: The quantity is one of the best parts about Dairy Queen's chicken strip baskets. When I order I ask for the 6 piece basket, but in it I usually receive 7 or 8 big and juicy full sized chicken strips. It comes with a few hand fulls of salty, delicious fries, and finally a toasted piece of bread buttered to perfection, all served to you in a big red box.

Customer Service: The customer service is average. They aren't always the most cheerful and eager when taking your order, but sometimes the perkiness can be a little extra anyways. The wait time on chicken strips is usually five minutes, but its well worth the wait. The employees at the window are usually kind and as quick as possible.

Taste: The taste is hands down the best part. The taste of everything that comes in the basket is absolutely incredible. The chicken strips are the perfect amount of crispy, and never too hot so you won't need to worry about burning your tongue. The fries are salted just right, and never burnt. The toast is always extra buttery and toasted just how I like it.

Price: I believe when buying this chicken strip basket, you get more than what you pay for. The cost comes to around $7.50, but I would be willing to pay even more for this delicious meal. You can add a drink for only one dollar more, but I usually stick with water. To conclude my opinion and review on Sweet Home, Oregon's Dairy Queen chicken strips: I very much approve. I would definitely recommend them to a friend, and think everyone should be able to enjoy the luxury that comes along in a chicken strip basket.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Put one in McAlester, Oklahoma please! Always clean, friendly, and a wonderful place to eat. I rate 5 stars to all the ones I've eaten at. Family environment as well.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The quantity of fries you receive with meals is very small. I like the fact that you can have a refill of your favorite beverage and having reading material available is great.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Dairy Queen always serves fresh sandwiches and the wait is always short, if at all. Plus, the menu selection seems to cater to calorie conscious consumers with their grilled chicken, turkey and artesian sandwiches.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I love Dairy Queen's Blizzards, they give you different kinds to choose from. And their food is great also, plus the ice cream cakes. Chose to go there!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I have never been in a Dairy Queen where I have had bad food or service. It's one of my favorite fast food restaurants to go to. I do wish they would serve crushed nuts on their sundaes or give you choice.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

My Local DQ also has an Orange Julius so it offers a lot of variety. The drive up menu board is easy to see and easy to order from. The customer service is always friendly, service with a smile and the food is always delicious and has a good presentation. It's a bit pricey but cheaper than other places and totally worth the price. Plus, the happy hour from 2-4 offers various choices at a bargain price.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I enjoy the clean atmosphere of the renovated restaurants in my area, but service can be a little sketchy. Recently the clerk had trouble making change for a $20 bill, and sometimes my Blizzard is melting over the edge of the cup although it doesn't fall out when held upside-down. Actually I don't need to see that. I know it is thick.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

It's a great place to eat. They have a lot of different Stuff. Help is friendly and helpful and they treat you Good. Place is clean, restroom have toilet paper and Drive thru is fast and prices aren't too high for what you get. You can take the whole family out for dinner. Not a lot in change so go get ice cream, hamburger, drinks, fries, they have it. I love this restaurant. So take the kids they will love it or go through Drive Thru and take some home after a long day of work. Make you take pets home some.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Dairy Queen in Belleville, IL. is excellent! Great service and the staff are always pleasant! The food is excellent and served quickly. Dairy Queen is always clean and well maintained. Always a pleasant experience!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

We visited a local DQ store for dinner and was excited to see that the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard is back. I don't know how very long it has been since I purchased one of DQ's "pie" flavor Blizzards, but I remember enjoying just about any Blizzard flavor I have tried. Whereas I have had disappointing experiences with some of their other menu items, not so with the Blizzard treat -- until today.

The Pumpkin Pie Blizzard I received tasted terrible! It tasted like ordinary vanilla laced with a little nutmeg and overly crunchy (about to the point of being stale) shortbread cookie pieces mixed in. If there were any real pumpkin pie pieces in that Blizzard, I didn't find them! That Blizzard tasted so bad that when the server brought our meals, I asked him about the Blizzard and what was in it, having mentioned that I didn't find any pie pieces in it. He explained that they use "pie filling," but didn't address my dissatisfaction nor the fact that even if there was pie filling in that thing, it could barely be tasted!

I don't want to complain about the kid who was clueless when it came to customer service. There's just so much ignorance among people working in the service sector these days that customers can rarely escape such inexcusable treatment. However, I do mean to complain about DQ's rather deceptive advertising of the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard! Or, could it be that the local franchisee is falsely "interpreting" the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard recipe in a way that isn't sanctioned by DQ corporate? Either way, what I received didn't measure up!

Updated on 09/22/2017: Whenever I have a disappointing experience with a company's product or service, I try to do the right thing and alert them to the situation in a kind and considerate way -- just as I did by sending information to Dairy Queen via their website electronic mail. I wrote to let them know that I purchased a Blizzard treat that tasted terrible and I had concern that advertising for the item could be perceived as being deceptive. I did receive an e-mail reply as anticipated, but it was a typical form letter that really didn't address the specifics of the concern.

So, I telephoned corporate headquarters to make an inquiry. The customer service rep didn't seem to be as familiar with DQ products and advertising / promotions as one might expect for someone working in their "fan relations" department. She couldn't answer the question about corporate policy for how exactly a Blizzard treat is supposed to be prepared. She didn't seem to be aware of current advertising for the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard. Because it seemed so odd that she should seem so out-of-touch with DQ's product line, I asked where she was located. She said that she was "in Canada." That, too was a bit odd, because I dialed the Minneapolis phone number and not the number for Ontario, nor the general toll free number.

Given the pattern of her speech, I thought maybe I could be talking with a representative based outside North America. She very politely communicated that she was only able to forward messages to other people at Dairy Queen who could call back. In other words, her role is not to serve as a "fan relations specialist" but merely to work as an agent for an answering service.

Yet according to Dairy Queen International's "Contact Us" web page, here is what they claim their "fan relations" operators can do: "They can answer any questions you may have..." Based on my experience, that statement is NOT TRUE. Just like it appears that DQ's advertising claim to have real "pumpkin pie pieces" in the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard treat is NOT TRUE. Making false claims to customers is wholly inappropriate!!!

And as we know, there are even laws against that kind of behavior! I can accept that life is not perfect and any business can encounter situations beyond their normal control that will displease or upset a customer. However, there is no excuse for bending, twisting or otherwise mangling the truth in order to gain market share. I'll gladly accept mistakes and imperfection when I know that intentional deception is not involved. But when deception is intentional and appears to have been part of the marketing plan... that's when it's time to take my business elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Small town service with large town choices. The selections are varied, quality excellent and their participation in area charity events with BOGO blizzards and free cones is much appreciated.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I recently tried their $5 burger lunch which was surprisingly good. The cheeseburger was basic, but pretty tasty and the fries were very good. The Blizzards are good as well as the coffee drinks.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I love their $5 lunches! I'm a sucker for soft serve, but only good soft serve. You pair that with a sandwich, french fries, and a drink; you can't beat it.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

The DQ on Emerald Isle in Emerald Isle, NC is run very good. Food is always good and the ice cream cakes are awesome. The owner is always in the store and waits on people in line and makes sure not just the customer is taken care of but his employees are treated very courteously.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Seems a little pricey on some items compared to others. Otherwise all is fine based on the Cynthiana store. I have noticed that Georgetown Banana sundaes are not as good. All clean and do a good job.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Dairy Queen has a consistently tasty, quality menu that I enjoy but they are not always so great when it comes to service. The managers quite often schedule too few employees to provide truly excellent service.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I think the restaurant is a very good place to take your family and have a wonderful night together. The menu has something for everyone! I had a wonderful time with my family and I would go again.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

DQ has okay food that could be much better if they would just serve it hot. I have gotten cold /lukewarm food there numerous times. The ice cream is the best, so I love to go there for cones and Blizzards.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

They can reduce prices on certain products, ice cream, etc and make better fries and no more foam cups. I like paper cups. They don't leak or break easy like others.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I purchased a large ice cream cone at the Campbellsville, KY Dairy Queen, the price was 2.79, I know of at least 3 other Dairy Queen locations in the area that the cost of a large cone is 1.99. Why are they charging .80 cents more for the same product? Aren't chain stores supposed to have the same pricing? I will not visit this store again or recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

There is a Dairy Queen close to our house, we go there often. I do get coupons often for a Blizzard, buy one get one free, the hardest decision is which one to choose. We go there often for their value meals that are either $5 or $6, that does include a small blizzard or sundae... So glad there is one close by us, where we used to live we never went since it was on the other end of town.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Terrible experience. Manager was non-sympathetic and didn't care to rectify the problem. Left with a Blizzard that contained hair in the cup. Quite a bit/not just one strand. It was horrible and made me sick to think I started to eat some of the ice cream from this cup. Called them as soon as I got home to complain and the employee said she would take down my name and give it to the manager. When I went back to the store it was even more embarrassing because just because they couldn't find my name in the log book for calling to report it, they acted like I was just trying to get a free Blizzard... Really, I would drive 15 minutes one way to do this? This was unsanitary and I would have liked to complain to the health dept, but not being from the area, I had no idea who covered this.

Dairy Queen Company Information

www.dairyqueen.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use