2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

3.6/5 (194 ratings)

About Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairy Queen?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairy Queen?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

If someone can tell me how to rate this lower than a 1, I'll do it. First, let me tell you about simply trying to get the food. I pulled into the drive-thru lane with one car at the speaker. To be clear, we were the only two cars in the entire line. That car ordered their food and pulled forward to the window. So, I, of course, pulled up to the speaker. The person at the other end of the speaker asked me to wait before placing my order. The car at the window got their food and drove away. I waited a few more seconds in silence before saying "Hello?" Only then did they come back on to take my order. The ONLY customer at the entire restaurant (they only do drive-thru), and I had to remind them that I was there in order to place my order?

So, now let me tell you about the food itself... Wait, I can't. They brought me the wrong food. Yes, ladies and gentlemen. I was the only customer, meaning they only had one order to work on. And they got that one order wrong. But certainly, after waiting so long, then getting the wrong food, they would make up for it with exceptional customer service, right? WRONG!!! When I asked to speak to the manager to voice my frustration at the length of time it took to get the wrong food, and ask for a refund instead of waiting for new food, her answer was (and I quote) "I don't get paid enough to listen to complaints. Call the owner." When I asked for the owner's information, she responded "It's on the website." Then she walked off and disappeared back into the locked building. No food. No refund.

That's correct. As a perfect punctuation to this customer service nightmare, I still have not received a refund of my $25.72.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I visited Dairy Queen on 580 in Waskom Texas. I am extremely amazed at how horrific that place look. The tile was coming up and missing on the floor. The poor workers didn't have much help and it took over ten minutes to get my food. The Most Disturbing encounter during my visit was I was charged 69 cent for 1 honey mustard for a chicken tender kids meal. I can't comprehend how the owner of This location would charge their customers for condiments. I didnt ask for extra, I just ask for one to go with the chicken tenders I order. Unbelievable!!!!

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2021

We were visiting friends in Beckley W. Virginia. Visited Dairy Queen in Hinton. Placed my order. Had to wait 30 minutes to get my order. I asked what was the status of my order. I was told, "We’re working as fast as we can." But there were 3 employees trying to fill the ice cream machine. No one knew what they were doing. Does it take 3 employees to fill one machine? Need better training. So finally after 30 minutes I stepped to the front of the line. I got an employee to check. Said they are working on it now. Got the my order. Said thank you. No response. Normally when you say thank you normally you get a response of you're welcome. Take out my order. Everything thing was cold. Bad service. Poor customer service. Needs improvement. Better training. Not happy at all.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I visited the DQ next to WinCo in Union Gap, (Yakima) WA while out shopping on Saturday. I wanted to try their new rotisserie chicken bites. Came with fries and slice of warm buttered bread and choice of dip sauce. The chicken was Excellent! It was hot & tender, no heavy breading or deep fry grease and the fries tasted like fresh cut! Total cost was $6.80 for an 8 pc. I liked it so much I thought I would get more after church on Sunday but Yakima Ave location was closer so went there. BAD choice!

Had same 8 pc order, but the chicken was barely warm, fries were the frozen bag variety and were cold and soggy with grease and no dip sauce - and they charged me $9.19!! I asked why the price difference and was told they are privately owned and can charge whatever they want. It was only after I drove away from window that I noticed poor quality food. Wanted to take it in to get my money back but lobby is closed, doors locked. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice - well never mind, I just won't EVER go back to that location again!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Drive through at DQ Hamilton Place Mall. I order a Blizzard and a Vanilla Ice Cream Cone and when I got to the window they had given me a Blizzard with an Ice Cream Cone stuck into the top. Took three tries for them and they never got it right. They pulled the Ice Cream Cone out of the top of the Blizzard & filled it up with Vanilla Ice Cream instead of what was in the rest of the Blizzard. Still no Vanilla Ice Cream Cone. Asked for the Ice Cream Cone, they did get that right but when I get home and look at the Credit Card Statement they had charged me $3.49 for a medium Vanilla Ice Cream Cone. How hard can it be to order a Blizzard and a Vanilla Ice Cream Cone? Well at this place it seems impossible to do so.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I was hungry and wanted something good and fast so I drive thru a Dairy Queen on Merrill Road in Jacksonville Florida. I ordered the #3 consisting of a cheeseburger, fry and a drink. Since I was in my car, I left the wrapper around the burger and ate the entire burger with the exception of a piece of the bun that had no meat left on it. When I looked closely the bun had mold on it. I was extremely disgusted. I returned with the piece of molded bread and spoke with the manager who apologized, refunded me for my meal, however did not act like it was a big deal. It was...I did not know how much of the bun was actually molded that I had ingested. Needless to say they have lost my business forever because there is absolutely no excuse for that.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Is it a true product of Hershey's in the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard? Was so disappointed after ordering my 1st one this year. Chocolate tasted like plastic. Peanut butter? Little to none, tasting nothing like Reese's. Anyone else have the same experience? I love peanut butter cups. This was awful!

Original review: July 27, 2020

My daughter ordered ice cream delivery from Dairy Queen. She ordered 1 summer berry cheesecake, 1 Blizzard Snickers x-cheesecake and 1 Blizzard Oreo with M&Ms for my son but they sent a wrong order instead. Oreo with M&Ms. They sent Oreo with pb cups! The bad is my son is pb allergic. He has a severe reaction at peanuts so he was sure it was the right order so he eat just a little but he has to had his epi pen injection and I had to take him to the emergency room. My husband call to Dairy Queen to claim about it and the employee was so rude. Even she said we have the fault! Why? If they made the wrong order? It was a terrible experience! If I could I gave 0 stars for this place.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

I have been going to the Coon Rapids River Rapids Drive location for many years for lunch. I always order the same thing every time which is the chicken basket combo with a twist sundae and toppings. Dairy Queen has always done a good job with my food. I've Never had a problem until the other day. I ordered my usual meal and asked for my usual sundae with toppings. The lady at the counter asked if I wanted it in a cone. I said no because I never have ever gotten my sundae in a cone. (It would be annoying to have to hold a cone and eat a meal at the same time). I said I wanted my sundae in a cup/bowl. Never had any issues with this before. I paid for my food then sat down and waited for it to come.

My order came and they had obviously put the ice cream and toppings in a CONE after I had said NO and dumped it upside down in a bowl!!! I was so pissed because they have NEVER EVER done this to me before in all the years I have been visiting Dairy Queen, even other locations other than Coon Rapids! Not sure if this is a new policy for people who order sundaes without a cone!! Or someone made a mistake with my sundae order and was too lazy to make the correct one!!!! So they just dump it UPSIDE down in the bowl!!?!!

So I had to scrape the ice cream out of the cone as best as I could to get it into the bowl. The ice cream was so less than what I usually get for what I pay for. Then I threw away the empty cone in the trash. There were hardly any toppings and ice cream left and that was way less than what I have always gotten. Plus it was all mushed together since I had to scrape it out of the damn cone! Very angry and disappointed in Dairy Queen this time! Posted this same review on their google review page and no response. Management has had the time to attend to more recent complaints though!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Melted ice cream just isn't as much fun to eat and the worst part is free from a good “Survey”. That’s the second time I received melted ice cream from Dairy Queen. This location is a ways from my house but I go here for the desserts. I grew up with a dairy queen near my house and the desserts are still as good as they were back then. Food wise it's the standard fair of burgers and hotdogs. I would say it's reasonable but nothing amazing on the food side. Dessert wise they are great. Ice cream and brownies are my favorite so maybe I'm biased. Dairy queen brings the A game in desserts. Do I suppose to call and get another free ice cream bar?

Dairy Queen Company Information