2.12/5
Based on 162 reviews that contain star ratings

165 Dairy Queen Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I ordered a chicken sandwich. My chicken was so hard I couldn't bite it, my lettuce was limp & brown, my bacon was hard as a rock, bun was hard & stale. Everything about it was bad. The condiments & chicken should have been thrown out & fresh put out for serving. But I got nasty food & service was horrible. I will never eat at another Dairy Queen again. Even the ice cream I ordered was horrible. Fudge brownie. Brownie was hard and hardly any chocolate. No whip cream. I'm so depressed. I used to love Dairy Queen, now I won't step foot in one.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

So far my experiences with Dairy Queen have been ok. Sometimes they're really slow and there have been times when I have received runny ice cream which I do not like. My biggest complaint with this company is that I would really like it if they brought their pie blizzard menu back. The pie blizzards were great for people who didn't want a ton of candy pieces in their ice cream. The only blizzards I get now is the banana split and occasionally the salted caramel which I still end up picking some of the candy out. It was nice to bite into pie crust, whipped cream and simple ice cream instead of having a mouth full of candy and a little ice cream. I know this is more of a suggestion than an experience review, but I just had a put it out there. Rather it helps or not.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

It was fairly busy when I went in, 6 cars in the drive-through so I went inside. Although there were 6 people in line, the two cashiers worked quickly and I had my Oreo Blizzard in less than 5 minutes. Ordered a burger and it was cooked to perfection. Love the Bend, Oregon store on North 97.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I created an account just to do a review on DQ on 50 in Orlando Florida. I’m so sick of buying a Blizzard (which I’ve done 3 times and won’t ever do again) and getting soup! Today was the last straw. My house isn’t even .5 miles from the restaurant but when I got home my car was sticky from the melted ice cream and carrying in two Blizzards melting all over myself is a nightmare! I got the M&M mini and a royal Oreo small (one for me and one for my 4 year old son). Instead of eating them right away, I had to stick them in my freezer before we could even enjoy them. Just a note to self and others, just got buy a tub of ice cream at Walmart. Not only are you spending just the same but at least it’s not soup when you get home.

Original review: June 10, 2018

On Friday, June 8, I bought side salads with a meal at the Dairy Queen in Roscoe Illinois. When I got them home, my wife and I found slimy stuff on the lettuce. It was truly inedible. The obvious problem is lack of sanitary procedures, and changing out old produce. My wife sent a complaint to Dairy Queen, and so far has received no response. I do not judge for someone doing something wrong. I judge by how they respond. SLIME!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairy Queen?

Original review: June 2, 2018

I went into the Dairy Queen on Trotwood in Columbia Tenn. I ordered 2 double cb and 2 ff. I placed my order at 7:10 pm and finally at for my money back at 746 still no food. I walked inside. I will never go back.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I stopped in 107 Rives Rd Clinton MO 64735 last night and ordered a double cheeseburger meal with everything on it. They accidentally forgot to put everything on it. No biggie. So I go to the table and take a bite and the cheeseburger is hard as a rock. I go back up to ask for a fresh one and the guy rolls his eyes and says, "I'm off the clock now." So ** the other gentleman working indeed makes me a new one from the microwave. I thought DQ motto was FRESH FLAME BROILED? Because I got a microwaved hamburger. So disappointed. Will not be back.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Went into Dairy Queen at 7922 Culebra Rd, San Antonio, TX 78251. They had 8 people working, 3 in the kitchen and the rest up front. I ordered Beltbuster Combo, waited 20 mins for it, finally decided to walk to counter, I see a customer returning my order because she ordered chicken strips. One hefty girl behind register, grabs burger and tells the back kitchen to add fries to it so they can take it to the right customer... "Ah hello, I saw the whole thing" I told her. There's no way I am eating a burger that a customer has touched already trying to figure out if it's her order or not. They apologized profusely but I still asked for my money back. They apologized because they got caught. Can you imagine what else they try to get away with in the back when customers are not looking. By the way, Manager, nowhere to be found. Terrible Service, DO NOT EAT HERE!

Original review: April 19, 2018

Went through the drive thru at the DQ at 10th and Post in Indianapolis. Only car in the drive through and no other customers inside. They refused to make 2 separate orders! Even drove to the window to give our order because their speaker was acting up - still would only take 1 order. When we asked for the voucher for the sundaes (we got the meal deal), he gave us a handwritten note for them (again, on only 1 written piece of paper - not 2). I guess he assumes we will be coming back together. He then told us we could never have a voucher again. We also asked for ketchup - that was not in our bag (along with no napkins). They just suck and didn't care! I can see why we were the only people there. Oh, my chicken sandwich was 2 chicken tenders - if I wanted tenders, I would have ordered them.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Yesterday 3-29-18 I went to old Hartford Rd. I had coupon. I told at the speaker. I said, “I want 2 of the sausage biscuit and 2 hash brown.” She said, “Meet me at the window,” I pulled up, gave her the coupons, paid for it. I didn't check the bag. Went to work. It only had 1 sausage biscuit and 1 hash brown. I called them and said, “You didn't give me what I ordered and it’s not gonna cost me nothing.” She said, “No it won't. The manager was very flipped with me. Said, “You gave the coupons and we didn't charge you.” I said, “That's your fault. I know what I ordered.” I said, “This is my gas and my time to come back over here and you want to charge me reg price.” I will never go back there and I am not the only one who complains. THEY CAN'T GET THE ORDER RIGHT AND THEN YOU SAT THERE AND WAIT FOREVER AND ON TOP OF THAT VERY, VERY RUDE, I give it below poor.

Original review: March 19, 2018

On March 16, 2018. I went to get my associate and my lunch at Bridgeport Diary Queen, went to the drive thru, looked at the sign saw 4.99 shrimp basket and fries with drink and asked for 2 orders and spoke with the girl. Mind you she telling there was a up charge with the drinks and what I saw on the sign was 4.99 shrimp basket and fries and drink. Asked to see the manager about being rip off. Of course she lean thru window told there was up charge to the drinks. I pay for my stuff, drove around and took a picture of the sign and showed them where their mistake is and went back in to get my food. Asked for a receipt, they had reprint a new because the other one was lost, sure someone is going to be upset, because you waste whole lunch wasting time with business and training issues.

I called complaint line and asked for someone to give a call about this issue and figure out why I wasted time a their business for a lunch. It all about the principle able. On March 17, I get a call from the owner of the Dairy Queen calling me a piece of crap and she has three affidavits from her employees and them told if take picture again or step foot on property the local police will have arrested. This phone call took place in front of my assistant manager on speaker phone, ** was call that received from business owner. I sure only got one side of story and what a terrible experience that had for just going getting lunch...

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I don't usually take the time to fill out a complaint, but you need to pull your name away from the DQ in Hooks TX, worst food that I have ever received from a DQ. It is a dirty place and they don't honor your products... They do not even make stuff on the menu correctly... If this was my only experience with a DQ, I would not drive thru one again. I love DQ, and all the other ones we have used in other states and some in other parts of Texas were great, the one in Hook is a JOKE!!! Go to the next exit. Do not order food from the Hook location.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Dairy Queen Simpson Ferry Mechanicsburg Location - Feb 3, 2018 7:00 shift. Young lady should not be in a customer service position. After asking for chocolate ice cream three times, vanilla was served. Not worth the hassle of sending back. This young lady needs an attitude adjustment. Will never return.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I want to keep my money within the safe saving zone, but what I had saw on the board was around 5 dollars I'm almost getting my money chewed up by expensive restaurants. Above 5 dollars each time I go out to eat. I need to recover. Next time, add the 3 dollar menu.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

DQ is very clean, prices however on blizzards are way too high because the medium blizzard is actually the same size as large. The only difference is the large is slimmer but taller in size whereas the medium is just a little shorter yet wider. This is why I always buy medium. Need to increase size of large cup to call it a large.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

The reason for low scores revolve around CLEANLINESS. Specifically, the stainless steel collars used to make blizzards. When not in use they sit in nasty water that is suppose to drain which it doesn't. The crew member simply picks up a collar, rinses it off then uses it on the next order. THIS IS DISGUSTING! The ice cream and Blizzard choices plus mix-ins is very good. The crew members are mostly teenagers or young adults and are focused on their world revolving around them at the time. This is true in every industry though so Dairy Queen really can't be singled out for that score. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Love DQ. Consistently good. I lived in Camas, WA for 25 years, and was always more than satisfied w/ selections, courtesy of staff, quality of products. I now live in Vancouver, WA, and have found 2 stores I frequent... both as good as the one in Camas. Even going out of town, I will look for a DQ for my weekly indulgence, and they always exceed my expectations. Can't imagine life without DQ!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Please avoid this Dairy Queen. The staff is rude, disrespectful, and use profane language. The cooks wear gloves, however wipes their nose without removing the glove, and or, washing their hands. The Assistant Manager Ladestiny was throwing her hands up and disrespecting other customers, besides me. The general manager Angela **, was extremely rude. Unwilling to listen to what was going on. She kept saying, she looked at the camera. If that's the case please pull the recording, it will confirm everything I am stating. This is not slander, because I have a video and audio to confirm it. I do not mind sharing it.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

The staff is always very friendly, which is something you can't say about many fast food places. They all seem to have good days and bad days, but my local Dairy Queen is CONSISTENTLY cordial.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Stay away from the Dairy Queen at 1122 Tyson Road, Hope Hull, AL 36043. The food is horrible, the customer service and satisfaction is the worst ever. The phone number is fake, when you call 334-288-4307 it rings to a Fax line and you get a fax tone. The other number I was given was **, that number says "the number you have dialed is no longer in service or has been disconnected. The DQs are privately owned. I have not been able to speak to owner since I visited that location on Sept. 13, 2017. She called me 3 times but I live where the cell service is weak. She left me 1 voicemail, she never left her name, what company she was calling from and she has a thick southern accent and talks 90 mph that I could hardly understand her VM. I had to listen to it about 8 times to figure out it was DQ calling me.

She has not returned my call again and I have learned today She closed my complaint so she obviously does not want to resolve my issue or complaint at all. I am urging everyone and posting on as many websites as possible for everyone to stay away from this store, and DQ in general. They do not care about customer satisfaction. It's not like the old days where companies told the employees, the customer is always right and do everything in your power to make the customer happy. This owner and Dairy Queen in general does not care about its customers, the horrible product they are trying to push on the American public. I requested a full refund for the horrible food and I did not get a refund. The hamburgers were about a half inch thick, and they were double hamburgers. The large French fries were lucky to be small fries.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Dairy Queen chicken strips changed my life for the better. However, my experience with this product in Sweet Home Oregon has been better than what I have been served from other Dairy Queen locations. I visited Corvallis, Oregon and ordered a normal 6-piece chicken strip basket with ranch and it was nothing compared to what Sweet Homes Dairy Queen serves to its customers.

Quality: The quality is fantastic. Everything is cooked just right, and always hot and fresh as soon as you get it handed to you. Quantity: The quantity is one of the best parts about Dairy Queen's chicken strip baskets. When I order I ask for the 6 piece basket, but in it I usually receive 7 or 8 big and juicy full sized chicken strips. It comes with a few hand fulls of salty, delicious fries, and finally a toasted piece of bread buttered to perfection, all served to you in a big red box.

Customer Service: The customer service is average. They aren't always the most cheerful and eager when taking your order, but sometimes the perkiness can be a little extra anyways. The wait time on chicken strips is usually five minutes, but its well worth the wait. The employees at the window are usually kind and as quick as possible.

Taste: The taste is hands down the best part. The taste of everything that comes in the basket is absolutely incredible. The chicken strips are the perfect amount of crispy, and never too hot so you won't need to worry about burning your tongue. The fries are salted just right, and never burnt. The toast is always extra buttery and toasted just how I like it.

Price: I believe when buying this chicken strip basket, you get more than what you pay for. The cost comes to around $7.50, but I would be willing to pay even more for this delicious meal. You can add a drink for only one dollar more, but I usually stick with water. To conclude my opinion and review on Sweet Home, Oregon's Dairy Queen chicken strips: I very much approve. I would definitely recommend them to a friend, and think everyone should be able to enjoy the luxury that comes along in a chicken strip basket.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Put one in McAlester, Oklahoma please! Always clean, friendly, and a wonderful place to eat. I rate 5 stars to all the ones I've eaten at. Family environment as well.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The quantity of fries you receive with meals is very small. I like the fact that you can have a refill of your favorite beverage and having reading material available is great.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Dairy Queen always serves fresh sandwiches and the wait is always short, if at all. Plus, the menu selection seems to cater to calorie conscious consumers with their grilled chicken, turkey and artesian sandwiches.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I love Dairy Queen's Blizzards, they give you different kinds to choose from. And their food is great also, plus the ice cream cakes. Chose to go there!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I have never been in a Dairy Queen where I have had bad food or service. It's one of my favorite fast food restaurants to go to. I do wish they would serve crushed nuts on their sundaes or give you choice.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

My Local DQ also has an Orange Julius so it offers a lot of variety. The drive up menu board is easy to see and easy to order from. The customer service is always friendly, service with a smile and the food is always delicious and has a good presentation. It's a bit pricey but cheaper than other places and totally worth the price. Plus, the happy hour from 2-4 offers various choices at a bargain price.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I enjoy the clean atmosphere of the renovated restaurants in my area, but service can be a little sketchy. Recently the clerk had trouble making change for a $20 bill, and sometimes my Blizzard is melting over the edge of the cup although it doesn't fall out when held upside-down. Actually I don't need to see that. I know it is thick.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

It's a great place to eat. They have a lot of different Stuff. Help is friendly and helpful and they treat you Good. Place is clean, restroom have toilet paper and Drive thru is fast and prices aren't too high for what you get. You can take the whole family out for dinner. Not a lot in change so go get ice cream, hamburger, drinks, fries, they have it. I love this restaurant. So take the kids they will love it or go through Drive Thru and take some home after a long day of work. Make you take pets home some.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Dairy Queen in Belleville, IL. is excellent! Great service and the staff are always pleasant! The food is excellent and served quickly. Dairy Queen is always clean and well maintained. Always a pleasant experience!

Dairy Queen Company Information