3.6/5 (106 ratings)

About Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairy Queen?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairy Queen?

Original review: July 27, 2020

My daughter ordered ice cream delivery from Dairy Queen. She ordered 1 summer berry cheesecake, 1 Blizzard Snickers x-cheesecake and 1 Blizzard Oreo with M&Ms for my son but they sent a wrong order instead. Oreo with M&Ms. They sent Oreo with pb cups! The bad is my son is pb allergic. He has a severe reaction at peanuts so he was sure it was the right order so he eat just a little but he has to had his epi pen injection and I had to take him to the emergency room. My husband call to Dairy Queen to claim about it and the employee was so rude. Even she said we have the fault! Why? If they made the wrong order? It was a terrible experience! If I could I gave 0 stars for this place.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

I have been going to the Coon Rapids River Rapids Drive location for many years for lunch. I always order the same thing every time which is the chicken basket combo with a twist sundae and toppings. Dairy Queen has always done a good job with my food. I've Never had a problem until the other day. I ordered my usual meal and asked for my usual sundae with toppings. The lady at the counter asked if I wanted it in a cone. I said no because I never have ever gotten my sundae in a cone. (It would be annoying to have to hold a cone and eat a meal at the same time). I said I wanted my sundae in a cup/bowl. Never had any issues with this before. I paid for my food then sat down and waited for it to come.

My order came and they had obviously put the ice cream and toppings in a CONE after I had said NO and dumped it upside down in a bowl!!! I was so pissed because they have NEVER EVER done this to me before in all the years I have been visiting Dairy Queen, even other locations other than Coon Rapids! Not sure if this is a new policy for people who order sundaes without a cone!! Or someone made a mistake with my sundae order and was too lazy to make the correct one!!!! So they just dump it UPSIDE down in the bowl!!?!!

So I had to scrape the ice cream out of the cone as best as I could to get it into the bowl. The ice cream was so less than what I usually get for what I pay for. Then I threw away the empty cone in the trash. There were hardly any toppings and ice cream left and that was way less than what I have always gotten. Plus it was all mushed together since I had to scrape it out of the damn cone! Very angry and disappointed in Dairy Queen this time! Posted this same review on their google review page and no response. Management has had the time to attend to more recent complaints though!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Melted ice cream just isn't as much fun to eat and the worst part is free from a good “Survey”. That’s the second time I received melted ice cream from Dairy Queen. This location is a ways from my house but I go here for the desserts. I grew up with a dairy queen near my house and the desserts are still as good as they were back then. Food wise it's the standard fair of burgers and hotdogs. I would say it's reasonable but nothing amazing on the food side. Dessert wise they are great. Ice cream and brownies are my favorite so maybe I'm biased. Dairy queen brings the A game in desserts. Do I suppose to call and get another free ice cream bar?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I'm handicapped so I always go through the drive-thru. They are always pleasant and very accommodating. When ask for lids/tops to be put on they follow-thru and are always pleasant about it. Or if I ask for my box to be put in a bag with handles (I'm on a walker), they do it with a smile and say, "Yes ma'am."

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Myself and my husband ordered a chicken sandwich from Dairy Queen in Magee, Ms. Usually they are really good but on this occasion right in the middle the chicken was raw. Made us want to throw up. Will be calling them in the morning.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

They have great value for the money. They will accommodate special requests. Delicious burgers, fantastic fries, yummy blizzards & sundaes. I am partly handicapped & someone will always offer to help me out with my purchase if I have a problem carrying all of it.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

You can always drop into a Dairy Queen on your way home from shopping. Food is always good, fresh and the employees are always friendly. As far as the others here in NS we don't have them here. I have been to some of the others in different provinces and they are excellent. Wish we had them here as I do enjoy the other restaurants are available.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I have complained 3 times to head office. In each case they responded with, ”we will let the franchisee know of your concern.” Has one of the franchisees responded? The answer is no! Once head office sends to their respective franchises they don’t follow up either. The silence from both tells me they don’t care. Well I do and will never spend another dime at Dairy Queen. There are loads of alternatives.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

DQ makes great blizzards and we are usually always happy with them. Unfortunately the new Oh Henry PB Blizzard is very disappointing. It is nothing at all like the actual Oh Henry PB bar. We got a few measly peanuts and a touch of peanut butter FLAVOUR....absolutely zero Henry PB bar in this product, nor were there ingredients added to make it even remotely taste like the bar. A family member had the Turtles Blizzard, however, and it was well done with good amount of chocolate covered caramel and pecans. Sorry DQ you didn't make the grade on the new Oh Henry!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Their burgers and french fries are super delicious that I can’t even resist them cause of it taste/smell. I admire their workers and how hard they work. I love it. I wish to come back someday to buy more of their fabulous, delicious, tasty food.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I wanted to try the chicken and waffles, looked so good in the ad. That is what I ordered plus a small order of onion rings. Let's just say the only thing good was the chicken. Onion rings had no taste at all and got 6 small rings for 2.79, wow. The waffle was of the frozen variety so was chewy. Will not go back.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

We ordered $30.00 worth of food. (2) Grilled chicken sandwiches. We ordered 11 minutes before closing time. The lights turned off while we waited, meaning they closed (taking no more orders). We got our food and drove home. Upon inspection, two grilled chicken sandwiches looked awful. One of the chickens was black and both had a tiny sprinkle of lettuce in the middle of the mayo on the top of the bun. We drove back the next day to ask the cashier to speak to a manager, she said there were two working. I had to ask to speak to one of them. We were told they don't do refunds or exchanges. I had expressed many times that one chicken is burned and they didn't really have lettuce. We went back and forth on that several times. The cashier told us to look behind her at the machine and that they have no control over how it is cooked. I told her they could have put another chicken in and the fact there is literally barely any lettuce.

We were told twice that we should have called. I had to explain again that we ordered at 8:49pm. The receipt closed at 8:52pm and we had to wait for the food. The lights were turned off while we were waiting. The store was closed. We were asked to lift the other chicken up to see the other side. I said it was not burned. So I tried prying it up but it was glued to the bun. I was offered no napkin. I went to a table and got one myself. I said I realize some places close at closing time or close early to leave at closing time. The manager came back with, "Nobody leaves before 9PM. We leave at 9:10PM to close the store up. You should have called." I again had to explain we didn't get to see the food until we got home and that the store was closed. When I'm at a drive thru and I know the store is closing and it takes 15 minutes to get home. I know that the store will not answer a phone past closing time.

Both managers came to the front alongside the cashier and offered a store manager phone number to contact the next day (tomorrow) or we can stop by. I asked the cashier what to do with the sandwiches, she had to page the manager, and we were told to do whatever with them, to leave them or bring them tomorrow if we come. I need to mention that another employee behind the open window in the kitchen kept watching what was going on too. The only apology received was about the fact that they weren't going to do anything. We were told the shift managers have no authority to refund or exchange anything. Then why have them at all? How can they provide customer service? By this time I'm really mad and speaking loudly at the cashier. I centered myself and apologized to her and that I was just angry at the situation, she took it well and understood, even though she did irritate me, like she was removing blame.

But, as I grabbed the sandwiches, she told us not to worry and that the store manager is usually good at dealing with this stuff. In fact, nobody took blame and it felt as if they were trying to make us look like we're just complaining for no reason and that we should have been the responsible ones to call in that night when they were closed. Customers shouldn't have to dissect their food before leaving. Nor should they have to banter back and forth with employees. This store is on a HWY and 15 minutes away. Even if we lived 5 minutes from this location, there was no time to call back. It's the fact they turned out their lights while we were waiting for the food, so we knew they were closed. How hard is it to understand that?

They were closed and expected us to call. I don't know how many more times I need to say this before it sinks in. Or again, the sandwiches didn't have but a bit of lettuce and one of them was black. Let it sink in. We were condescended. I will never eat here again, ever. My food was good, and I was surprised, it's the simple fact this place is not friendly at all. Too bad right? That is how we felt when we left.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I'm very dissatisfied. Went there about 4:30pm to order their 5 buck lunch and was told that they couldn't place the order because their lunch hours are 11pm to 4pm. But I could order a meal. Nowhere in their ads does it say what their lunch hours are. Far as I know...dinner don't start till 5pm. I'll never go to Dairy Queen again.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I have always rated Dairy Queen burgers. Onion rings and diary products as very good. But think it’s a bit ridiculous to nickel and dime for changing from fries to onion rings and extra charge for spicy mustard as extra. But regular mustard no charge. This happen on Veteran Memorial in Mableton, Georgia. Nowhere else. Was this the Management trying to get over or was this a new pricing?..

Original review: June 13, 2019

On June 5th, 2019...I ordered my small ice cream dipped in chocolate at the drive thru in Exeter, Ontario at approximately 9:30 pm. I was the only vehicle in the drive through. When I got to the window there was an employee at the cash register speaking to someone but. I one came to the window but continued to talk to the person on the other side of the til. Then another staff member came from the back and didn’t help me either and went to the til also.

I honked the horn not once but twice and I said excuse me as I seen a crack in the window and finally I had to knock on the window, the first thing the employee said to me was that will be 3.35. And I said I have to pay???? She said "yes," got me a cone and said there was an ambulance outside and that is why I guess they were preoccupied. I will add there was no one in distress in the store. She then said sorry and got me a coupon for a sundae which was buy a 7$ meal and then get a free sundae. This is unbelievably bad service!!!!

Original review: May 30, 2019

A very nice facility with good food and great soft-serve ice cream. We drive here for food and ice cream because the Girard, PA Dairy Queen has ice cream that tastes like ice milk. There is a huge difference in the quality of the soft serve... maybe you can check into this. So, we are customers of the Conneaut, Ohio Dairy Queen now and want you to know of the great place they operate. Girard, PA needs help and they need someone to get their soft serve corrected. Hope you take me seriously!

Patti

Original review: May 12, 2019

They call their food fan food not fast food but yet their food is never hot. Barely lukewarm. Get a routine and you're in for a treat with cold gravy that can't even make the cheese warm meanwhile even melt it fries cold. What a great combination. I'm surprised I don't get real sick every time I have ate there.....

Original review: April 17, 2019

4/16/19 @ 1PM ordered $5 chick special to go with buffalo sauce and butterscotch on sundae. 20 mins. later received order on tray. Had to wait again to be repackaged and sundae out of fridge. I had requested that it not be made to receiving order. Got home, got BBQ sauce for chicken, choc sauce on sundae, and sundae was melted. I live less than mile from DQ so time for travel, less than 5 min. in car.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Silver Lake WI. Went to DQ today to get a burger, I don't go there often so I ask the gentleman on the intercom what comes on their grill burger (a term I saw on the sign, not one I made up.) He left to ask a coworker who then explained to me they do not serve grill burgers. I ask if they have any burgers there, they did. I ask what comes on the regular burger, he says "ketchup, mustard and pickle". So I order a burger without pickle and mustard as a plain burger with ketchup was my goal. After I pay I'm asked to pull into a waiting spot (which is completely fine), where I was harassed by a very drunk man (also fine, not their fault).

After a bit the employee brings me a bag with several more items in it than I ordered, I recognize this isn't mine and wait for the man to come back out to swap. He then says "Oh! that's what the number on the cars are for!" Which...like...ya, that's exactly why we have these numbers on our cars lol. So, I keep patient, at this point I have my food, I drive off. Open my burger, there is mayo (which I can't have) lettuce and tomato. Damn dude. Anyway, I'm sure he was a new employee and I should let this go (which I did, I just threw the burger away and made food at home), I just wanted to make sure you guys were aware.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Asked for extra taco sauce, and only got one! And tacos were soft and cold. Altogether Lockhart Dairy Queen is NEVER good. Seems like they need to only need to make ice cream and not food since they suck at everything else!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

A guy comes in to order a blended coffee. The machine that makes them was down and out of commission. Gentleman's obviously disappointed. Employee improvise and came out with his own concoction to satisfy the customer's needs. So still in the end the customer leaves happy and the restaurant still gets the sale. Very clever.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I stopped for lunch on my way from Illinois to Kentucky. I waited 40 minutes in the drive-thru line. I should have driven away. When I finally got to the window, I saw five or so teenagers milling around, not doing much of anything, and because I was visibly upset at that point, two chubby teen girls started pointing and laughing at me. The boy who served me apologized and offered me coupons. He disappeared for another six or so minutes, then came back and told me they had no coupons, and gave me a handwritten note with the manager's cell number.

I called the manager and got voicemail. He or she (I was given no name) never returned my call. The food was HIDEOUS, and the burger had obviously been microwaved. I contacted corporate through its website. I was told they'd share my experience with the franchise owner. That was two weeks ago. I have contacted corporate two more times because I want reimbursed, plain and simple. Five lazy teenagers with no manager on duty obviously cannot run a store properly, and it would be very foolish of DQ to lose a customer for life over the matter of a simple $10 reimbursement.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I ordered a chicken sandwich. My chicken was so hard I couldn't bite it, my lettuce was limp & brown, my bacon was hard as a rock, bun was hard & stale. Everything about it was bad. The condiments & chicken should have been thrown out & fresh put out for serving. But I got nasty food & service was horrible. I will never eat at another Dairy Queen again. Even the ice cream I ordered was horrible. Fudge brownie. Brownie was hard and hardly any chocolate. No whip cream. I'm so depressed. I used to love Dairy Queen, now I won't step foot in one.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

So far my experiences with Dairy Queen have been ok. Sometimes they're really slow and there have been times when I have received runny ice cream which I do not like. My biggest complaint with this company is that I would really like it if they brought their pie blizzard menu back. The pie blizzards were great for people who didn't want a ton of candy pieces in their ice cream. The only blizzards I get now is the banana split and occasionally the salted caramel which I still end up picking some of the candy out. It was nice to bite into pie crust, whipped cream and simple ice cream instead of having a mouth full of candy and a little ice cream. I know this is more of a suggestion than an experience review, but I just had a put it out there. Rather it helps or not.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

It was fairly busy when I went in, 6 cars in the drive-through so I went inside. Although there were 6 people in line, the two cashiers worked quickly and I had my Oreo Blizzard in less than 5 minutes. Ordered a burger and it was cooked to perfection. Love the Bend, Oregon store on North 97.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I created an account just to do a review on DQ on 50 in Orlando Florida. I’m so sick of buying a Blizzard (which I’ve done 3 times and won’t ever do again) and getting soup! Today was the last straw. My house isn’t even .5 miles from the restaurant but when I got home my car was sticky from the melted ice cream and carrying in two Blizzards melting all over myself is a nightmare! I got the M&M mini and a royal Oreo small (one for me and one for my 4 year old son). Instead of eating them right away, I had to stick them in my freezer before we could even enjoy them. Just a note to self and others, just got buy a tub of ice cream at Walmart. Not only are you spending just the same but at least it’s not soup when you get home.

Original review: June 10, 2018

On Friday, June 8, I bought side salads with a meal at the Dairy Queen in Roscoe Illinois. When I got them home, my wife and I found slimy stuff on the lettuce. It was truly inedible. The obvious problem is lack of sanitary procedures, and changing out old produce. My wife sent a complaint to Dairy Queen, and so far has received no response. I do not judge for someone doing something wrong. I judge by how they respond. SLIME!

Original review: June 2, 2018

I went into the Dairy Queen on Trotwood in Columbia Tenn. I ordered 2 double cb and 2 ff. I placed my order at 7:10 pm and finally at for my money back at 746 still no food. I walked inside. I will never go back.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I stopped in 107 Rives Rd Clinton MO 64735 last night and ordered a double cheeseburger meal with everything on it. They accidentally forgot to put everything on it. No biggie. So I go to the table and take a bite and the cheeseburger is hard as a rock. I go back up to ask for a fresh one and the guy rolls his eyes and says, "I'm off the clock now." So ** the other gentleman working indeed makes me a new one from the microwave. I thought DQ motto was FRESH FLAME BROILED? Because I got a microwaved hamburger. So disappointed. Will not be back.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Went into Dairy Queen at 7922 Culebra Rd, San Antonio, TX 78251. They had 8 people working, 3 in the kitchen and the rest up front. I ordered Beltbuster Combo, waited 20 mins for it, finally decided to walk to counter, I see a customer returning my order because she ordered chicken strips. One hefty girl behind register, grabs burger and tells the back kitchen to add fries to it so they can take it to the right customer... "Ah hello, I saw the whole thing" I told her. There's no way I am eating a burger that a customer has touched already trying to figure out if it's her order or not. They apologized profusely but I still asked for my money back. They apologized because they got caught. Can you imagine what else they try to get away with in the back when customers are not looking. By the way, Manager, nowhere to be found. Terrible Service, DO NOT EAT HERE!

Dairy Queen Company Information