2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.74/5

Dairy Queen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairy Queen?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairy Queen?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I have complained 3 times to head office. In each case they responded with, ”we will let the franchisee know of your concern.” Has one of the franchisees responded? The answer is no! Once head office sends to their respective franchises they don’t follow up either. The silence from both tells me they don’t care. Well I do and will never spend another dime at Dairy Queen. There are loads of alternatives.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

DQ makes great blizzards and we are usually always happy with them. Unfortunately the new Oh Henry PB Blizzard is very disappointing. It is nothing at all like the actual Oh Henry PB bar. We got a few measly peanuts and a touch of peanut butter FLAVOUR....absolutely zero Henry PB bar in this product, nor were there ingredients added to make it even remotely taste like the bar. A family member had the Turtles Blizzard, however, and it was well done with good amount of chocolate covered caramel and pecans. Sorry DQ you didn't make the grade on the new Oh Henry!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Their burgers and french fries are super delicious that I can’t even resist them cause of it taste/smell. I admire their workers and how hard they work. I love it. I wish to come back someday to buy more of their fabulous, delicious, tasty food.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I wanted to try the chicken and waffles, looked so good in the ad. That is what I ordered plus a small order of onion rings. Let's just say the only thing good was the chicken. Onion rings had no taste at all and got 6 small rings for 2.79, wow. The waffle was of the frozen variety so was chewy. Will not go back.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

We ordered $30.00 worth of food. (2) Grilled chicken sandwiches. We ordered 11 minutes before closing time. The lights turned off while we waited, meaning they closed (taking no more orders). We got our food and drove home. Upon inspection, two grilled chicken sandwiches looked awful. One of the chickens was black and both had a tiny sprinkle of lettuce in the middle of the mayo on the top of the bun. We drove back the next day to ask the cashier to speak to a manager, she said there were two working. I had to ask to speak to one of them. We were told they don't do refunds or exchanges. I had expressed many times that one chicken is burned and they didn't really have lettuce. We went back and forth on that several times. The cashier told us to look behind her at the machine and that they have no control over how it is cooked. I told her they could have put another chicken in and the fact there is literally barely any lettuce.

We were told twice that we should have called. I had to explain again that we ordered at 8:49pm. The receipt closed at 8:52pm and we had to wait for the food. The lights were turned off while we were waiting. The store was closed. We were asked to lift the other chicken up to see the other side. I said it was not burned. So I tried prying it up but it was glued to the bun. I was offered no napkin. I went to a table and got one myself. I said I realize some places close at closing time or close early to leave at closing time. The manager came back with, "Nobody leaves before 9PM. We leave at 9:10PM to close the store up. You should have called." I again had to explain we didn't get to see the food until we got home and that the store was closed. When I'm at a drive thru and I know the store is closing and it takes 15 minutes to get home. I know that the store will not answer a phone past closing time.

Both managers came to the front alongside the cashier and offered a store manager phone number to contact the next day (tomorrow) or we can stop by. I asked the cashier what to do with the sandwiches, she had to page the manager, and we were told to do whatever with them, to leave them or bring them tomorrow if we come. I need to mention that another employee behind the open window in the kitchen kept watching what was going on too. The only apology received was about the fact that they weren't going to do anything. We were told the shift managers have no authority to refund or exchange anything. Then why have them at all? How can they provide customer service? By this time I'm really mad and speaking loudly at the cashier. I centered myself and apologized to her and that I was just angry at the situation, she took it well and understood, even though she did irritate me, like she was removing blame.

But, as I grabbed the sandwiches, she told us not to worry and that the store manager is usually good at dealing with this stuff. In fact, nobody took blame and it felt as if they were trying to make us look like we're just complaining for no reason and that we should have been the responsible ones to call in that night when they were closed. Customers shouldn't have to dissect their food before leaving. Nor should they have to banter back and forth with employees. This store is on a HWY and 15 minutes away. Even if we lived 5 minutes from this location, there was no time to call back. It's the fact they turned out their lights while we were waiting for the food, so we knew they were closed. How hard is it to understand that?

They were closed and expected us to call. I don't know how many more times I need to say this before it sinks in. Or again, the sandwiches didn't have but a bit of lettuce and one of them was black. Let it sink in. We were condescended. I will never eat here again, ever. My food was good, and I was surprised, it's the simple fact this place is not friendly at all. Too bad right? That is how we felt when we left.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I'm very dissatisfied. Went there about 4:30pm to order their 5 buck lunch and was told that they couldn't place the order because their lunch hours are 11pm to 4pm. But I could order a meal. Nowhere in their ads does it say what their lunch hours are. Far as I know...dinner don't start till 5pm. I'll never go to Dairy Queen again.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I have always rated Dairy Queen burgers. Onion rings and diary products as very good. But think it’s a bit ridiculous to nickel and dime for changing from fries to onion rings and extra charge for spicy mustard as extra. But regular mustard no charge. This happen on Veteran Memorial in Mableton, Georgia. Nowhere else. Was this the Management trying to get over or was this a new pricing?..

Original review: June 13, 2019

On June 5th, 2019...I ordered my small ice cream dipped in chocolate at the drive thru in Exeter, Ontario at approximately 9:30 pm. I was the only vehicle in the drive through. When I got to the window there was an employee at the cash register speaking to someone but. I one came to the window but continued to talk to the person on the other side of the til. Then another staff member came from the back and didn’t help me either and went to the til also.

I honked the horn not once but twice and I said excuse me as I seen a crack in the window and finally I had to knock on the window, the first thing the employee said to me was that will be 3.35. And I said I have to pay???? She said "yes," got me a cone and said there was an ambulance outside and that is why I guess they were preoccupied. I will add there was no one in distress in the store. She then said sorry and got me a coupon for a sundae which was buy a 7$ meal and then get a free sundae. This is unbelievably bad service!!!!

Original review: May 30, 2019

A very nice facility with good food and great soft-serve ice cream. We drive here for food and ice cream because the Girard, PA Dairy Queen has ice cream that tastes like ice milk. There is a huge difference in the quality of the soft serve... maybe you can check into this. So, we are customers of the Conneaut, Ohio Dairy Queen now and want you to know of the great place they operate. Girard, PA needs help and they need someone to get their soft serve corrected. Hope you take me seriously!

Patti

Original review: May 12, 2019

They call their food fan food not fast food but yet their food is never hot. Barely lukewarm. Get a routine and you're in for a treat with cold gravy that can't even make the cheese warm meanwhile even melt it fries cold. What a great combination. I'm surprised I don't get real sick every time I have ate there.....

Dairy Queen Company Information