3.61/5

176 Dairy Queen Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Asked for extra taco sauce, and only got one! And tacos were soft and cold. Altogether Lockhart Dairy Queen is NEVER good. Seems like they need to only need to make ice cream and not food since they suck at everything else!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I stopped for lunch on my way from Illinois to Kentucky. I waited 40 minutes in the drive-thru line. I should have driven away. When I finally got to the window, I saw five or so teenagers milling around, not doing much of anything, and because I was visibly upset at that point, two chubby teen girls started pointing and laughing at me. The boy who served me apologized and offered me coupons. He disappeared for another six or so minutes, then came back and told me they had no coupons, and gave me a handwritten note with the manager's cell number.

I called the manager and got voicemail. He or she (I was given no name) never returned my call. The food was HIDEOUS, and the burger had obviously been microwaved. I contacted corporate through its website. I was told they'd share my experience with the franchise owner. That was two weeks ago. I have contacted corporate two more times because I want reimbursed, plain and simple. Five lazy teenagers with no manager on duty obviously cannot run a store properly, and it would be very foolish of DQ to lose a customer for life over the matter of a simple $10 reimbursement.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I ordered a chicken sandwich. My chicken was so hard I couldn't bite it, my lettuce was limp & brown, my bacon was hard as a rock, bun was hard & stale. Everything about it was bad. The condiments & chicken should have been thrown out & fresh put out for serving. But I got nasty food & service was horrible. I will never eat at another Dairy Queen again. Even the ice cream I ordered was horrible. Fudge brownie. Brownie was hard and hardly any chocolate. No whip cream. I'm so depressed. I used to love Dairy Queen, now I won't step foot in one.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

It was fairly busy when I went in, 6 cars in the drive-through so I went inside. Although there were 6 people in line, the two cashiers worked quickly and I had my Oreo Blizzard in less than 5 minutes. Ordered a burger and it was cooked to perfection. Love the Bend, Oregon store on North 97.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I created an account just to do a review on DQ on 50 in Orlando Florida. I’m so sick of buying a Blizzard (which I’ve done 3 times and won’t ever do again) and getting soup! Today was the last straw. My house isn’t even .5 miles from the restaurant but when I got home my car was sticky from the melted ice cream and carrying in two Blizzards melting all over myself is a nightmare! I got the M&M mini and a royal Oreo small (one for me and one for my 4 year old son). Instead of eating them right away, I had to stick them in my freezer before we could even enjoy them. Just a note to self and others, just got buy a tub of ice cream at Walmart. Not only are you spending just the same but at least it’s not soup when you get home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairy Queen?

Original review: June 10, 2018

On Friday, June 8, I bought side salads with a meal at the Dairy Queen in Roscoe Illinois. When I got them home, my wife and I found slimy stuff on the lettuce. It was truly inedible. The obvious problem is lack of sanitary procedures, and changing out old produce. My wife sent a complaint to Dairy Queen, and so far has received no response. I do not judge for someone doing something wrong. I judge by how they respond. SLIME!

Original review: June 2, 2018

I went into the Dairy Queen on Trotwood in Columbia Tenn. I ordered 2 double cb and 2 ff. I placed my order at 7:10 pm and finally at for my money back at 746 still no food. I walked inside. I will never go back.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I stopped in 107 Rives Rd Clinton MO 64735 last night and ordered a double cheeseburger meal with everything on it. They accidentally forgot to put everything on it. No biggie. So I go to the table and take a bite and the cheeseburger is hard as a rock. I go back up to ask for a fresh one and the guy rolls his eyes and says, "I'm off the clock now." So ** the other gentleman working indeed makes me a new one from the microwave. I thought DQ motto was FRESH FLAME BROILED? Because I got a microwaved hamburger. So disappointed. Will not be back.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Went into Dairy Queen at 7922 Culebra Rd, San Antonio, TX 78251. They had 8 people working, 3 in the kitchen and the rest up front. I ordered Beltbuster Combo, waited 20 mins for it, finally decided to walk to counter, I see a customer returning my order because she ordered chicken strips. One hefty girl behind register, grabs burger and tells the back kitchen to add fries to it so they can take it to the right customer... "Ah hello, I saw the whole thing" I told her. There's no way I am eating a burger that a customer has touched already trying to figure out if it's her order or not. They apologized profusely but I still asked for my money back. They apologized because they got caught. Can you imagine what else they try to get away with in the back when customers are not looking. By the way, Manager, nowhere to be found. Terrible Service, DO NOT EAT HERE!

Original review: April 19, 2018

Went through the drive thru at the DQ at 10th and Post in Indianapolis. Only car in the drive through and no other customers inside. They refused to make 2 separate orders! Even drove to the window to give our order because their speaker was acting up - still would only take 1 order. When we asked for the voucher for the sundaes (we got the meal deal), he gave us a handwritten note for them (again, on only 1 written piece of paper - not 2). I guess he assumes we will be coming back together. He then told us we could never have a voucher again. We also asked for ketchup - that was not in our bag (along with no napkins). They just suck and didn't care! I can see why we were the only people there. Oh, my chicken sandwich was 2 chicken tenders - if I wanted tenders, I would have ordered them.

Dairy Queen Company Information