Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar

• 12%
  • 7%
  • 50%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applebees?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applebees?

Reviewed March 8, 2024

I recently visited this restaurant to taste the dishes they serve here. The restaurant's ambiance is quite pleasing, with its elegant décor and comfortable seating. The menu is really good, offering a range of dishes. Great food, beautiful ambience and amazing hospitality. Really liked the food. So far the best place. Really happy!!!

Reviewed Feb. 19, 2024

On Monday, February 19, 2024, my husband, two grandchildren, and myself had decided to take our grandkids out for lunch. So the pick was to go to our local Applebee's, which is located in Salem, Va. We have been there many times before, and have always been pretty well satisfied with the hospitality, service, food. Basically the whole gitty-up experience had been great with no complaints. I guess that is why I felt the need to reach out to let it be known, what my family and I had witnessed.

While having our lunch served by our very kind and sweet waitress, I had noticed a few of the staff members of Applebee's being treated and spoken to in a unprofessional and not very kind type of manner by a manager. I believe if you want a productive and successful staff to help a good business strive, the employees should be treated with respect, equality, and and a professionally secured work environment.

This manager that had displayed such awful character and bad mannerisms name is Mike. No one had name tags so before our departure, I had asked our waitress what exactly his name was. She had said his name was Mike, but could not remember exactly what his last name was. I have never written a review before but from what I had saw, I felt it to be absolutely necessary to do so. I truly hope that this person will be addressed and held accountable for his unprofessional behavior to others in the work place. I have a hard time understanding of how in the world someone of such bad character had ever been placed in a position of management.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Oct. 25, 2023

I had a wonderful experience here. My food was delicious, service was fast and great. My drinks were a little off but they were ok. I had a great time With family. Will definitely be back soon. Thank you so much.

Reviewed Oct. 18, 2023

Jersey was my server. She is very pleasant, happy, funny and sneaky. She gets into my head and gets me to try new things but she is never wrong. I love everything she recommends. She's friendly and makes me feel comfortable at at ease.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 16, 2024

Last month my daughter and I went for lunch at Applebee's, Chula Vista, CA. We ordered her a burger and I the Chicken Alfredo. After receiving our food I asked the waitress for a spoon. She looked at me as if questioning my request and out loud said "A spoon?" and walked away. I then said quietly to myself, "I like to swirl the noodle onto a spoon". After several minutes of waiting my daughter got up and asked another waitress for a spoon. That waitress came with a to go spoon in a plastic wrap. I was confused, I said " what is this?" to the waitress and she stated "We don't have spoons."

Now what restaurant doesn't have spoons, especially those that serve soup? I think I upset the young lady as a couple of minutes later here comes a lady dressed in street clothes carrying a white plate with a soup spoon. She place the plate on the table, gave a dirty look and walked away. I am wanting to go back and order the same and see if it comes with a spoon and if not I hope that if I ask for one I will receive one without an embarrassing moment.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed June 7, 2024

I visited the Oxford Alabama Applebee's on April 5th 2024 with my daughter and two grandchildren. I had a hair cooked into my food. Not just on it. I was treated as if it was my fault and was given a five dollar discount on my bill. I never felt more disrespected from a manager and staff. I had to ask for the Manager and since Applebee's has reached out saying they rectify the situation. Not only have I not heard back from them I was never given any type of apology. I. WILL NEVER VISIT THE RESTAURANT AGAIN AND DON'T RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE!!!!

Reviewed May 8, 2024

I am very disappointed with Applebee's. I got an email saying that I got a free dessert with my order, so I went online at applebees.com and put in an order. Then they said I needed to add another item to equal the total that I would need to get the free dessert, so I added it. They had a code that I could put in to get the free dessert but they didn't have a place for me to add it. I had already placed the order, so I called Applebee's and asked them about the free dessert. They said that it was only for inline not online ordering, even though the email said I could order online.

I asked the the person I talked to at Applebee's if I could change my order to remove the extra item and the dessert, and she said no because I'd already placed the order and paid for it online, I couldn't change it. I ended up canceling the order and I was very disappointed, because this was for my birthday. As a retired disabled army veteran, I can't always get around well, so I count on restaurants to help me out. I am so disappointed in Applebee's and I am considering never going there again.

Verified purchase

Reviewed April 12, 2024

Hello to all. So they have a burger special that says 9.99 for Bacon Burger but remind you they have 3 burgers up there .. I got the Mushroom Burger. Got charged 13.59. I asked manager for the 9.99 price. They stated no!!

Reviewed March 30, 2024

I order a wonton taco. It wasn't good at all. It wasn't even real chicken. I wasted my money.. My son ordered a chicken tenders platter. It didn't look good. But he's a child. I will never eat from there again.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed March 19, 2024

Tonight we ordered appetizers that took over 20 minutes to get then when we did get them they were cold. It took another 15 minutes for a manager to come to us to finally decide to offer us free desserts for the inconvenience and it dawned on 10 minutes later to try to replace the appetizer dish. All this is going on whilw we’re still waiting for the food we ordered over 45 minutes ago. When that order was received, my burger was over seasoned. My burger was a well-done burger when I ordered a medium rare. There is poor communication I believe between the wait staff in the kitchen. I also believe management is poor leadership and running the shift.

This is my third trip in there and every time I’m in there they’re always screwing around these managers and these young kids. Just really overall poor service. Me and my fiancé, we are nice tippers and I think this is the first time she or I haven’t even left a tip. That’s how bad the service was. We asked our waitress three times to bring us every time she walked away. She went to go hang out with them, managers and coworkers to gossip and talk and keep saying she forgot. My girlfriend and I also acknowledged we were in there over an hour and a half on a slow night. Upper management really needs to boost a morale and leadership of its Management and employees. What makes it worse is customers are watching these employees sit around gossip and do nothing. One of the employees had a child there chasing it around her and a manager. I didn’t know if I was at a restaurant or a daycare. I do not recommend this restaurant in Marshfield, Wisconsin

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Company Information