Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Have always liked Applebee's before, but if this was my first time there, it would be my last. Took a really long time, at least 45 minutes to get our food, and then the French fries were not hot, and the fish was really, really greasy. Had to ask for extra napkins so I could blot the fish to remove some of the grease. Very unappealing. Also, I think they should bring the RIBLETS back! Big loss for me when they took those off the menu.

When I went to this Applebee's at 1776 Eastchester Rd, Bx, NY, 10461 I ordered 6 things. I was wondering why it cost so much but when I got home I realized why they didn't give me the regular menu, therefore, I didn't get the option to order 2 for $20 or 2 for $26. I contacted Applebee's corporate headquarters around 10 times and was ASSURED each time that somebody would contact me and nobody didn't. I took them to small claims court. They didn't show up and I still lost the case. NEVER EVER WILL I PATRONIZE OR GO TO ANY APPLEBEE'S ANYWHERE EVER AGAIN. I don't do business with companies who don't care about their customers! This is one of the main reasons why so many business are going out of business. They do give a darn about their customers. And as for Applebee's their selection now for 2 for 20/$2 for $26 is only chicken which I don't eat. They don't even offer steak on that menu now. Cheap buzzards!

My husband and I went to Applebee's in Appleton, WI for a date night. Our waiter was horrible. He didn't even pay attention to us at all. Kept going up to the bar where his friends were. Never asked us how our food is. We had to ask the hostess for refills on our drinks and another staff for a1 my husband asked for when our food was brought out. I probably won't be going there again. The hostess should of been our waiter and got the tip because he did everything for us.

My husband & I went to the Applebees in Olean/Allegany, NY on Sunday 3/5/17. We arrived at the restaurant about 3:50. There was a group of people who just walked in the door in front of us, so there was a delay in seating us. Eventually the waitress came by and said she would be with us as soon as she could. She said her name was Missy. Right away we noticed she had an attitude when she finally came back to our table 10 minutes later asking for our drink order. I asked if I could ask her a question, but she was obviously put off because she wanted our drink order. By this time it was 4:10.

I finally got through to her that I had a question. I asked her if we could still order the hamburger specials for $9.99 even though it was then 4:10 and the specials ran until 4. She said she really didn't think so. I asked her to ask the manager, and she said she would when we gave her our drink orders. She came back with the drinks and said her manager said we could not order the special after 4:00 as they would have no way of ringing them up!! All the time she was impolite. Then she rudely asked us for our order. I told her to bring the check for the drinks as we were going elsewhere to eat. She told us to go right ahead and we didn't have to pay for the drinks (which we didn't drink anyways).

The whole incident was very upsetting. I don't appreciate rude waitresses... acting as if she knew it all. Never did she offer to have the manager come over to talk to us. Just walked away with an air of authority. Is this really the way two senior citizens (or anyone for that matter) deserve to be treated? The hold up from our 3:50 arrival until she finally got around to taking our order, was totally the fault of the waitress. This Applebees has some very good waitresses (especially Diane who we try to get whenever she is there), but this girl definitely needs some training on customer service and satisfaction. Won't be back, at least for awhile, and I definitely won't let this Missy wait on me again!!

The worst service ever. I want them to close this restaurant down. The manager garbage the servers are trash. It took us thirty minutes to make a drink order. The manager Oniko have has a terrible disposition and a bad attitude when it comes to customer complaints. When my food finally came it was burnt.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applebees?

Lovely waitress. Removed the annoying electronic box from the table. Drinks and appetizers really excellent. We were enjoying the evening. Did a 2 for 25 meal. The sirloin stir fry was 90% rice and crispy noodles. I couldn't believe how few veggies were in there. My wife ordered fish and fries. The fish had a solid core of frozen, glassy fish in the middle. We asked for a replacement cooked and they came back with another piece of fish - also still frozen solid in the middle. They didn't charge us for the fish meal. The waitress was so apologetic, we tipped her well. But the meals were just not worth the price they charge for them. Cheap stuff thrown together by amateur cooks who don't know what they are doing. So we are done with Applebee's now. My only reason to go back would be to tell the waitress to get a job at a better restaurant. She was really good and wasted in that pitiful place.

Waitress brought us our drinks, we asked for straws, we were informed we had to wait till they roll silverware to get straws. Waitress said the dishwasher was lacking in Washing dishes. We waited 30 mins for them. And the whole time we could see the silverware sitting there waiting to be rolled. Waitress came to ask if we were ready to order, I said yes, and she then rolls her eyes at me. She kept forgetting what our drink order was. So it took 15 mins to even get our drinks, another 30 mins to wait for straws. The waitress had no customer service skills at all. We were very unhappy with our visit. And no manager was to be found to make a complaint. This is at the Temple, TX location. Her name is April.

I can't remember the exact name of the Asian salad served in the 2 for $20 menu but I was unable to eat most of it. When I order a salad, I expect fresh and healthy ingredients. Instead, most of the salad consisted of thin Asian noodles and chicken surrounded with way too much breading. A disappointment.

Applebees in Jacksonville NC - We had a server today Jessica. She was at the bar. She didn't even introduce herself. She just came over. They were not busy at all as we came around 1:30, the lady at the bar was our server and only had a couple as her table. She took about 10 minutes of us sitting there before she even came to ask what we wanted to drink, we didn't want to wait so we ordered our appetizer through the little tablet on the table. She came over grabbed our drinks after waiting 10 mins and then didn't even bring our appetizer to us or check on us after that until we clicked on the tablet for our check.

We were there for 30 mins. She brought was too busy laughing and taking care of the purple at the bar. She had another table next to us and had a male server grab her drinks while she continued to talk to the couple at the bar. Needless to say we got our check and left very displeased. We don't usually go to Applebee's. We always have a bad experience.

We visited Applebee’s in Hickory, NC on Dec 31, 2016 for supper at approximately 8:45 pm. Ordered large appetizer plate and both of us ordered bourbon street chicken and shrimp with spinach and artichoke dip as our addition appetizer. The appetizer came out and just had started eating them when our main course arrived within 3 or 4 minutes. This never happened before. It always takes time for them to cook chicken. We noticed the cast iron plates were not sizzling like normally are. They were just barely warm. I even touched mine and told my wife I could touch it. The butter wasn't melted and runny but coagulated on the plate where it is normally on the shrimp. Shouldn't have eaten it but we ate our appetizer and ate a little of our chicken and it was dried out and I ate all my shrimp. BAD MISTAKE!! We took our leftovers home and put in the fridge. By that night I had made 4 trips to the bathroom with diarrhea and the next day I was throwing up.

I really got hit hard the next day. Couldn't eat anything but at 4 in the morning running to bathroom every 10 minutes with watery bowels that lasted all day long. It hit my wife later than me by about 4 hours. She made it to work and was throwing up in her work trash can because she couldn't make it to the rest room. She thought she escaped the diarrhea but when she got home it hit her and we both have been sick for 3 days. I keep saying we will never go back to Applebee’s. Maybe this was our wakeup call. It’s like they were preparing food in expectations of a big crowd for New Year’s and they didn't show and they were serving old reheated food.

My family were going out to eat after church - Applebee's happened to be our choice. The first 10 minutes were fine (even though they were taking a while just to get our drinks) until the food came. It was first the appetizers then the main course. My father, mother and I had ordered steaks (All Well-Done) - two with baked potatoes and one with mashed. They all were ordered with a side of broccoli. The waitress comes with the first plate of food which was a well-done steak with mashed potatoes and a side of you guessed it... FRIES! Of course my father complained and asked for broccoli, but they refused to take the plate back and replace the fries - instead they brought a side of broccoli on a separate plate. The other two plates were my mom's and I. Mine was fine, my mom was brought a rare! No big deal. My mom called the waitress back to take the food and get it cooked to well-done.

The lady came back and to our surprise it still was RARE. Literally nothing changed - she asked the waitress "Does this look well-done to you and she replied, "Uhhh, no. Here, lemme call the manager." So, the manager comes and my mom asks her as well and she replies, "Well - it looks medium." I could see the anger on my moms face grow ever more. The manager pays for my father and mother's plate. The entire time I had been drawing Batman saying "I said Well-Done". I put it on the edge of the table and we left. The first thing my brother did when we got home was... (you guessed it) have diarrhea. Trust me - the customer service was terrible.

My son placed a curbside order on Tuesday November 29, 2016 at the Elmont, NY location and when he brought it home it was horrible... Unfortunately this is not the first, second or third time but it will definitely be the last. I guess your question would be "why do you go back". Well, we try to give them the benefit of the doubt but that proved to be a mistake.

We ordered steak medium rear, mashed potatoes and broccoli and three cheese pasta with grilled chicken. When we got home and I took a bite I just wanted to puke. The medium rear steak was dry and harder than a hockey puck. The broccoli was not cooked and had nothing and I mean nothing on it. The three cheese pasta was less than a child's portion (1/2 cup if not less) and dry, minus the three cheeses. We would have gone back and demanded our money back but it was raining and we were very frustrated and tired and to top it off we could or find the receipt. We wound up giving the food to our dog but he just ignored it and walked away. Needless to say, I threw it in the garbage. Applebee's in Elmont will NEVER get our money again.

Not a fan of Applebee's but was in the neighborhood and decided to give them another go at making something good to eat. Disappointed yet again and I doubt I will ever return. I'm not one for sending food back and I didn't this time either but should have. I ordered the sirloin as well as did my husband. I ordered mine as rare as humanly possible or "blue rare" because I know sirloin can be extremely tough if cooked more than that. Came to the table medium well... toughest steak I ever ate and left most of it on the plate along with the gristle and fat.

I think Applebee's may want to stay with their appetizer menu and bar food and leave it at that. I suppose being the only "sit-down" restaurant in my town (Warrenton, MO) they may think they don't have to please but based on that meal alone I will never go to any Applebee's anywhere. BTW, there was no hostess on the floor so we sat ourselves and caused a bit of confusion when a waitress noticed we had sat down without a server. She was extremely polite and located a server for us immediately which was very nice.

This happened at the store 133 address: 10601 County Line Road, Spring Hill Fl 34609, where the general manager is **. My family and I went to have dinner, we were a group of 9 people with 4 little children, between 1 and 10 years old. First the waitress brought our drinks 15 min. after we ordered them, then the food came at 5 different times, 1st 2 grown ups, then 3 grown ups and the latest to have their meals were the children, YES THE CHILDREN. Of course other tables with American people got their food 1st, despite that they arrived after we did. On my group of people there was only one American guy, so of course they served my table last. This attention at this restaurant No. 133 is terrible for Hispanic people, I don't know what happens with other international ones.

To all the Hispanic community, don't waste your time going to this place, since you are going to have a terrible experience. There are a lot of other restaurants around like Pizza Villa & Restaurant, Thai Cuisine, Beef 'O' Brady's, Copacabana and hundreds more. Please pass this message along so other people Hispanic and non-Hispanic don't make the mistake of going to this Applebee's store 133.

I and guest went to Applebee's for dinner. I got death sick on their sour cream and started throwing up before we left the rest. We told the waitress and got sick from the food and they did nothing and we still had to pay for the food even then I couldn't eat because it was bad. The only thing I throw up was the sour cream. I called the next day to the manager and she did nothing to refund our money for food we couldn't eat. Very bad customer service.

My wife & I attempted to take our family out to dinner, so that we could celebrate our granddaughter's 5th birthday together. We arrived at 6:40 pm & I text my daughter at 6:53 pm to let her know where our table was. They arrived within 3 min & the kind waitress took everyone's order 3 min later. The drinks arrived quickly. The appetizers arrived 25 minutes later, along with one of the granddaughter's meals. My daughter's shrimp meal arrived 5 minutes later. My wife's shrimp meal arrived 5 minutes after that, but it was incorrect & returned (never corrected). At 7:55 pm the waitress said that our food was almost ready & would be there shortly. I told her that we had ordered an hour earlier & that it was time to speak with a manager.

She said that she would make him aware of the situation. The kind manager came to our table in a timely manner & apologized for the delays & agreed to comp our meal. I thanked him, but asked if we could get it to go, since everyone was tired & wanted to leave. He said that he would have to see if the food was ready (?). At this point everyone was ready to leave, but I got them to wait just a few more min. The waitress returned & apologized again, which we greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, everyone said they would prefer to go next door to Bojangles now. Other customers around us was complaining too and another on the way to the car. A couple waiting to be seated heard us complaining & left. Horrible way of doing business!!!

I placed an order at the Maysville, KY location yesterday. I was working in Lexington, KY and heading home to West Union, OH. Maysville is midway between there. I have ordered here many times. I placed an order from my phone. I ordered for a later time due to driving time. I estimated a 6:00 pm pickup. I arrived at 6:21 pm and went inside and let them know I had a to go order. I was told it wasn't there. After about 10-15 minutes of confusion between the young employees running back and forth talking among themselves, a manager came to me and said he had cancelled my order. I asked him why he'd do that. He said they received a call to cancel the last order that was placed. I asked why they'd do that without asking for a name, number or the order confirmation number and just cancel someone's order. He kept making one excuse after another then said, "My bartender told me she did get the confirmation number so I cancelled it."

I told him that was dishonest as I was the ONLY person that knew I'd placed an order so there was no one else that could have cancelled it. He said, "I wouldn't lie." I said, "I wouldn't show up to get my food if I cancelled my order." He then blamed the bartender, saying he'd had issues with her before and she had lied then. That still makes no sense, why would this lady claim I cancelled the order to get out of doing work, knowing I'm going to show up to get my order. He eventually made the order for free and gave me a $10 off coupon for the next visit. There won't be a next visit though. Their excuses were nothing but lies because none of it adds up or is logical to the situation. They just simply didn't make the order or they gave it away to someone else.

I only came to Applebee's to order the Blondie Brownie. It took a long time to get it. When I did get it I see they don't use the sizzler anymore. The Brownie was cold from the brownie to the sauce. My God Daughter and I sent it back. The manager did come over to hear what the problem was. It was sent back out, but took a while to receive it. It was fine until you got halfway through it. It became so hard that it was crunch and you could no longer cut it. You had to pick it up and bite it while listening to the extra crunch sound. I assume the cook overheated it too long. Maybe, that's what we get for complaining. We decided that this was a waste of money. We went out our way to enjoy this which, we always bragged about to other people. This was a terrible experience when you're in the mood for dessert.

I was at the Hiram, GA location on 9/24/16. We waited an hour for our food, the waiting staff told us the cooks walked out and quit. So the other employees from the waiting staff was cooking the food. By Saturday night the food poisoning hit me. I've called the corporate office only to get blown off and told that someone would call me. I've called the franchise company Neighborhood food group only to get voice mail. It's been 4 days and not a soul has called me back. So being sick for 4 1/2 days and being blown off. I went to the doctor and got it confirmed that I have food poisoning. So these employees that were cooking were probably not trained in how to get the food cooked correctly let alone to the correct temperature.

I would give it negative stars if it was possible. Had a rude manager experience. Wrote a complaint to corporate. Was told I would get a call. Never received a call. It's been about a week now. I had to reach out to an area manager who was also very rude. And then the manager I filed a complaint on called my job and tried to get me in trouble because I filed a complaint against him. I have lived in Gainesville almost my entire life. Used to be a dedicated patron of Applebee's. However after the all around lake of respect and honesty from this company and the way they treat their customers I will be telling all of my friends and family in Gainesville Ocala at UF and the military bases to NEVER EVER go to Applebee's!!!

On Monday September 12th, 2016 I went to the Applebee's in Lino Lakes. I was looking forward to a healthy Chef or Cobb Salad. All Applebee's had was 4 trendy salads: Thai Shrimp Salad, Fiesta Chicken Chopped Salad, Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, Oriental Chicken Salad. I complained to the manager and she did not even know what a chef salad was. However to her credit, after I gave her a description of what a chef salad was, she had the kitchen did prepare me a passable chef salad. I will not be going back to the Applebee's again and urge everyone to boycott this look a like chain. Support your local restaurant like Bistro La Roux, Matthews, Apple Garden or Anne's.

I had just sent in a statement about their mix/match lunches. They have A LOT of CHICKEN on there. When I was there I had asked waitress if I could substitute something and was told no... A plain salad over a chicken one would have been nice and probably cheaper for Applebee's. I contacted AB and the reply sent was automatic and said they will contact you in 3-5 business days. I got nothing!

Day 11, I sent ANOTHER email stating this was my second email. Still NO REPLY!! I just wanted someone to acknowledge my email. I'm not asking for anything but just thought maybe they could add other food than chicken. Grilled Cheese or why couldn't I have the plain salad from the other section? I do NOT eat CHICKEN. Pretty sad that they couldn't even reply! I keep getting emails with specials but nothing in regards to my comment. That made me upset!!! POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Does NOT make me want to go back. I was just making a suggestion at first which turned into a complaint!

I hate to even say this about Applebee's on Harding Place in Nashville Tennessee but my husband and I went there this Saturday, 4th September, the waiter took our drink order and brought the drinks back with no problem then we ordered our food. When the food was brought to us my husband's chicken was burnt, my daughter's steak was overcooked. She has to have it medium and it came back hard as a rock. We had them both sent back. When my husband got his chicken it actually made him so sick that he had to go to the bathroom and throw up. The service was so bad we will never go back there again.

We took a friend out to eat at the Southtown Applebee's in Bloomington, MN. The appetizers were good. However, the food was something else. My entrée came out five minutes before the other two in our party. So I had to wait for them. In the meanwhile my food was getting cold. I ordered my steak medium. When I cut into it, it was well done. The food presentation was terrible! I ordered a side of macaroni and cheese and a side of fries. It looked like they had just dumped everything on the plate. The steak was underneath the fries which were underneath the mac and cheese. My wife ordered baked potato with her steak. The baked potato was so cold it wouldn't even soften the butter, let alone melt it.

During the last four weeks I have been at Applebee's restaurants in Green Bay, Manitowoc and Sheboygan, WI. At all three establishments the credit card scanners had very dirty screens that were smudged and full of fingerprints. I think these screens should be wiped clean as each table is cleared to prevent the spread of illness and germs. There were small pieces of food and bread crumbs on the bases of these scanners. At the Manitowoc restaurant only two forks were wrapped in the napkin. When my daughter and I were served our dinners with chicken we had to ask for knives. Our server brought one knife and we had to ask for a second one.

We were told by the server that they didn't have enough knives to wrap them with the forks. At the Sheboygan restaurant my daughter and I ordered the spinach/artichoke appetizer that should be served hot. It was served at barely room temperature. We asked to have it served hot and it came back at about the same temperature. We talked to the manager and she told us that the previous week they were having trouble with one microwave. We then ordered a different appetizer. A discount was given on our bill but it will be a long time before I go to another Applebee's restaurant.

It's been a year and half since I have been there, now I know why. My husband and I Sat down and ordered our drinks. We had coupons which the server let us use. Well we ordered our appetizer and later the server decided to bring out 2 forks and 2 dishes. Well the dishes were not used, they were dirty from dried food on them. Then the server kept coming back and getting my husband his drinks. After the 5th time and me drinking my husband's, because I was not offered any more drinks, my husband had told the waiter I needed drinks. Our dinner came and all the silverware we were offered was our forks and a steak knife for my husband's dinner. Nothing else. We are so dissatisfied and never will take anyone there and I won't go back to that place. Mt. Pleasant, PA.

I took my husband out for a nice dinner for his birthday. We decided to sit at the bar. There were 2 bartenders taking care of the bar. So one of the girls came over to ask what we wanted to drink. Then it took her awhile to come back to take our food order. She was really busy talking to one of the guys at the bar. The other bartender was busy braiding one of her coworker's hair. Manager oblivious to what was going on. Well we finally got our food and my husband's fries were ice cold. We have been there several times but this was the last time we will ever dine there again!

Went to the Applebee's located in Tigard Oregon with my adult son and daughter in law about 5 pm July 27th. Our waitress was a smalls brunettes. She was fairly friendly to my family but completely ignored me as if I wasn't there. I guess she thinks when you get old you are not a person. Never looked at me and said one word and was extremely rude when asking if anyone wanted a box ignoring my request for a box. Finally did bring it. I usually don't complain about service but felt this was over the top. You might tell the little snip that the elderly are still people. I will never go to an Applebee's restaurant again.

On Monday 7/18 my mother who is a senior citizen took her two grandsons to dinner at the Lynchburg location on Old Forest Rd. After almost 40 minutes of not being served she decided to leave since one of the boys was sick. She was chased out of the restaurant by Robert Crews yelling that he was calling the police because she had not paid the bill. First of all their food had not been served to which he replied "well it's in the kitchen." My mom stated that her grandson was ill, they had taken entirely too long and she was leaving. Once again she was threatened with the police. She instructed him to do what he needed to do. She was taking her sick child home and would be back to finish this matter.

As promised she did return, and now Robert didn't want to talk in from of his customers, but had not problem threatening her in from on customers and young impressionable boys. My mom even offered her phone for him to call the police. Never once showing any respect for his customers whom I might add frequents the restaurant at least weekly. He didn't apologize nor provide her the name of his superior when asked. This man is a DISGRACE to your company and I will write every board, blog and review site until this situation is properly addressed. He needs to be reprimanded and also made to apologize personally for his abhorrent behavior. This is unacceptable.

My family went to Applebee's at 6727 Tara Blvd Jonesboro, GA 30236 on Saturday night, July 17, 2016 around 8:30 pm. The hostess was rude from the moment they arrived. They asked to be seated and told her they were expecting a party of 13 people. At that moment, only 9 were there. She told them I can't seat you until all have arrived. I arrived around 9:00 and I informed my family the others were not going to be able to make it. The hostess was gone from the front for 5 minutes. She was notified when she returned, all was there. She said, "Ok". Then she ask the next guest who was walking in the door, "How many are with you?" She sat them and return to her desk where another 5 people were standing.

Another family member went to notify her again that all that was coming was present. She said in a disrespectful tone, "Ok, I was sitting someone. I'll get to you". She finally told us to come on. I was standing in front of one of the tables talking and she said, "You need to move". I told her she needs to watch her tone and her attitude. She said, "What did you say? I need to watch my tone & attitude." I said, "that's what I said." She said "you can leave." At this point, I was truly upset with her disrespect. I told her, she can shut up talking to me. She responded, "I ain't gotta to shut up, you can make me." I respond, "Whatever **!" I turned around and started back talking.

She went to the back and a minute later, the manager approached me walking up really fast and said, "WHAT". I responded, "I didn't ask for you." He said, "yeah but you called my employee a **." I said "I did because," he cut me off and said "you can't call my employee a **." I responded, "as a manager, you should not be approaching in a manner saying "What" and not asking the customer," he cut me off again and said, "You can't be calling her a **. Ya'll all can leave." I responded, "I can."

I admit I should not have allowed a stupid person to bring me out this type of behavior. I should have stepped back and immediately asked for the manager. However, based on my interaction with the manager, **, he approved of her disrespecting and treating customers badly. Most professional managers would have managed the situation different. They would have walked up greeted the customer and advise that he was informed that an incident happen and his employee advised him she was called a **. "Can you let me know what happen?"

He should have apologized for his employee disrespect and her role in escalating the situation but advise the customer calling the employee a ** is not acceptable. Telling everyone they could leave was senseless. After I left, the manager told the waitress, "they leaving. Don't serve them." Then, he had the police come in and sit by my family while they eat. It took their food over an hour and it is no telling what he did to their food. I am requesting to speak directly with the Corporate office regarding this incident.

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Company Profile