Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar
  • 1 star
Based on 183 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

191 Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Visited Applebee's during Birthday dinner. Ordered steak on menu 15.99. No size specifications. Server placed burnt stuck to pan juices and 2 small strips of some kind of meat. I asked for manager he came and said “I don’t see anything wrong with it, it looks like 6 inches”. Left the table, came back later and said ”So you never touched it at all”. I said “Nope”. He credited the ticket. I sit there 3 hours with family with no dinner because he refused to take it back and I wasn’t putting that trash in my mouth.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Ok y'all don't ever eat at the Applebee's on Charleston and Decatur Blvd. I asked for a medium rare steak and they brought me a rare one. So I told the waitress and the manager brought the same exact steak back. All they did was throw it on the grill for a few more minutes. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a health code violation?

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I went to have dinner one year ago with my husband at Applebee's, he ordered steak and after finishing it he felt sick all the night. He had nausea and spasms so he decided not to go to Applebees again but the last Halloween I decided to go to have dinner there and I hardly convinced him to go, we had the appetizer first and then l ordered pasta with chicken it was cold and even before finishing it I felt sick and had the same feeling my husband had before!! So this time I decided never to be back again. It was just a scary experience that was suitable for a Halloween day!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Waitress took my order; America burger. She quickly ask how I like my meat, while looking away I said "well done". She walked away. I said wait I want chili cheese on my fries, response ok. Food came. I took a bite into a medium rare burger. I only ate the edges because I had not ate in 5 hours.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Service good. Food was the worst I ever had. From the salad to the burger and don't forget the nasty fries. No words can describe the nasty tasting food I got from Applebee's Spokane Wa. Don't waste your time or money!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applebees?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I came to town here in Lodi California. My sister and I decided to have dinner at Applebee's and with it being busy Saturday night we decided to seat ourselves in the bar, service was really slow! Food wasn't hot and steak was not that great and bar drinks were kool aid drinks, couldn't taste any liquor at all, and menu price was $5.99 but got charged $7.99 on both drinks and Applebee's would not adjust price so I told them I wouldn't be back and they were fine with that.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Our server never asked about how we wanted our food cooked so my daughter called her back. I told her to make it well well done. I'm ok with it being burnt. My meat wasn't even fully cooked. Outside was a light brown but when I looked inside 85% of the center was still red. Also the menu didn't say onions on it because I don't eat them and yet they were on my meat.

Vomiting and extreme sharp stomach pains currently. When we told the manager she took everyone's plates. Didn't even ask if my daughter was finished with her ribs. I will never eat Applebee's again. The noises coming from my stomach are actually scaring me. They took my burger off the bill. However they put the cheaper appetizer in the two for twenty and charged me for the more expensive appetizer as well as the more expensive 3rd meal. But I guess they get to pick what two meals out of the three. 2 for 20 qualifying meals will be in that 2/20.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

From actually visiting an Applebee’s in Bell Garden, CA and calling customer service relations; my experience with Applebee’s by far the worst in my life. Anthony at the restaurant has poor service, he’s rude and sarcastic! Mariah at human relations needs to learn what it means to have sympathy and understand situations as they may all not be the same. Know I have to wait to speak to the owners, where in the world is this okay?! Applebee’s human relations said it’s up to the franchised owners discretion on a refund. I will never visit any location and will make sure all my friends and family hear about all this negative feedback and my unpleasant experiences, yes experiences!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Hello. I visited the Applebee's in La Vale, Maryland Sunday Oct 15th around 2-3 pm. I ordered ribs. When they arrived I noticed that they were very dry, so I turned them over to find a dirty plastic cup top. It was a large white plastic top. It appeared that the ribs were taken out of the trash. The ribs were not hot but smothered in barbecue sauce. My Fiancée salad appeared to have pinkish toilet paper in it. I told the manager but she just relieved us of paying the bill. I was nauseated and shocked. I felt like that manager should have gotten to the bottom of how these items got into our food. Applebee's was one of my fiancée's favorite restaurant but not anymore.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

We went as a family, to the Applebee's in Medford Oregon. There were 4 adults and 3 kids. The mozzarella sticks were cold, and the chicken in one dish was like rubber, so we sent it back. Another dish was pasta that was almost hard, and so spicy that it was inedible. Two of us ordered hamburgers which were ok, but because the chicken dish was so bad, my daughter sent it back and asked for a hamburger with a fried egg on it as a replacement. When it arrived, it was a barbeque burger, but she ate it anyway because by this time we had been there an hour with 3 kids. All in all it was very far below expectations, and it seems like a trend for this location. We won't be going back any time soon, and if we do, we will order something that's hard to mess up, like a salad.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Went to Seymour Indiana restaurant. The food was terrible. It was cold. The service was also terrible. This is the third time we had stopped travelling at this restaurant and we have had bad service all three times. Never happen again.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Great service. Friendly people. Prompt service. Reasonable pricing. All around experience is always good. Parking can be a problem at times. You may have to park across the street. Restrooms are keep clean.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Went for dinner. Waited while the waiter was outside smoking. Eventually he showed up. Took my order and came back very late. Finally got my food, and on my first drink with it almost empty. He went back out for smoke break again. I had to go to bar for another drink. While at the Bar 5 feet over, they took my food and cleaned the table. I sat back down and the lady continued to walk away. Slightly amazed at this point. Then waiter asked about me needing anything. I did let him know his service was not great. Got a manager and let her know how his service was terrible. She did not like my attitude and immediately pointed out she was a lady and I need to be nicer. She did not want to hear one word about his service. She asked if I needed my check and got it. Glad to see they like to avoid complaints. Applebee's at 39139 Farwell Drive, Fremont, CA 94537.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Service is always impeccable. The staff we have had at most restaurants is always well trained and helpful. But the decision of the FRANCHISE for the MIDWEST is beyond the pale. They have decided to destroy menu items that I have enjoyed for years. The Bourbon Street Steak and the Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp are no longer palatable. As are the Blondie Brownies. All restaurants in the Midwest have had their sizzler plates removed from the premises and are not allowed to use them for fear that someone will get hurt on them. This is completely ridiculous as there is a warning given each time the server places the dish before the diner.

None of these dishes can be eaten without the sizzler option. The butter topping on the steak and shrimp comes out cold. The onions and mushrooms come out limp and barely warm, they are not seared and carbonized like they should be and the red potatoes are not hot and edible. They are warm, and one time I got them they were cold. The Blondie brownies cannot be served on a regular plate as the syrup is poured over the brownie and caramelized on the sizzler plate. This is a WRONG HEADED decision by the MIDWEST FRANCHISE. I will hope they change their minds.

Original review: July 2, 2017

Horrible Applebee's service at my once favorite restaurant. Waited 30 minutes for someone to acknowledge my existence in the restaurant, looked around and saw most staff goofing off and paying no attention to me.

Original review: June 22, 2017

My family and I would go to Applebee's, but on June 21, 2017, we were disrespected and treated poorly. The manager ** shouted at us and refused to give his business card. He was talking to another table about us. He yelled at me and told me to leave the restaurant if we did not like this restaurant. I was a customer regularly and the servers know us. I need this manager to be reviewed and he has bad attitude. He shouted out loud towards us and told us we could not ask for business card. The manager must respect a customer and ** did not do this. I want this incident to be reviewed and I will not be going here again and I will not recommend anyone else to go here. The address of this incident is 555 Saratoga Ave. San Jose, CA 95129.

Original review: May 8, 2017

Have always liked Applebee's before, but if this was my first time there, it would be my last. Took a really long time, at least 45 minutes to get our food, and then the French fries were not hot, and the fish was really, really greasy. Had to ask for extra napkins so I could blot the fish to remove some of the grease. Very unappealing. Also, I think they should bring the RIBLETS back! Big loss for me when they took those off the menu.

Original review: April 21, 2017

When I went to this Applebee's at 1776 Eastchester Rd, Bx, NY, 10461 I ordered 6 things. I was wondering why it cost so much but when I got home I realized why they didn't give me the regular menu, therefore, I didn't get the option to order 2 for $20 or 2 for $26. I contacted Applebee's corporate headquarters around 10 times and was ASSURED each time that somebody would contact me and nobody didn't. I took them to small claims court. They didn't show up and I still lost the case. NEVER EVER WILL I PATRONIZE OR GO TO ANY APPLEBEE'S ANYWHERE EVER AGAIN. I don't do business with companies who don't care about their customers! This is one of the main reasons why so many business are going out of business. They do give a darn about their customers. And as for Applebee's their selection now for 2 for 20/$2 for $26 is only chicken which I don't eat. They don't even offer steak on that menu now. Cheap buzzards!

Original review: April 12, 2017

My husband and I went to Applebee's in Appleton, WI for a date night. Our waiter was horrible. He didn't even pay attention to us at all. Kept going up to the bar where his friends were. Never asked us how our food is. We had to ask the hostess for refills on our drinks and another staff for a1 my husband asked for when our food was brought out. I probably won't be going there again. The hostess should of been our waiter and got the tip because he did everything for us.

Original review: March 6, 2017

My husband & I went to the Applebees in Olean/Allegany, NY on Sunday 3/5/17. We arrived at the restaurant about 3:50. There was a group of people who just walked in the door in front of us, so there was a delay in seating us. Eventually the waitress came by and said she would be with us as soon as she could. She said her name was Missy. Right away we noticed she had an attitude when she finally came back to our table 10 minutes later asking for our drink order. I asked if I could ask her a question, but she was obviously put off because she wanted our drink order. By this time it was 4:10.

I finally got through to her that I had a question. I asked her if we could still order the hamburger specials for $9.99 even though it was then 4:10 and the specials ran until 4. She said she really didn't think so. I asked her to ask the manager, and she said she would when we gave her our drink orders. She came back with the drinks and said her manager said we could not order the special after 4:00 as they would have no way of ringing them up!! All the time she was impolite. Then she rudely asked us for our order. I told her to bring the check for the drinks as we were going elsewhere to eat. She told us to go right ahead and we didn't have to pay for the drinks (which we didn't drink anyways).

The whole incident was very upsetting. I don't appreciate rude waitresses... acting as if she knew it all. Never did she offer to have the manager come over to talk to us. Just walked away with an air of authority. Is this really the way two senior citizens (or anyone for that matter) deserve to be treated? The hold up from our 3:50 arrival until she finally got around to taking our order, was totally the fault of the waitress. This Applebees has some very good waitresses (especially Diane who we try to get whenever she is there), but this girl definitely needs some training on customer service and satisfaction. Won't be back, at least for awhile, and I definitely won't let this Missy wait on me again!!

Original review: March 6, 2017

The worst service ever. I want them to close this restaurant down. The manager garbage the servers are trash. It took us thirty minutes to make a drink order. The manager Oniko have has a terrible disposition and a bad attitude when it comes to customer complaints. When my food finally came it was burnt.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

Lovely waitress. Removed the annoying electronic box from the table. Drinks and appetizers really excellent. We were enjoying the evening. Did a 2 for 25 meal. The sirloin stir fry was 90% rice and crispy noodles. I couldn't believe how few veggies were in there. My wife ordered fish and fries. The fish had a solid core of frozen, glassy fish in the middle. We asked for a replacement cooked and they came back with another piece of fish - also still frozen solid in the middle. They didn't charge us for the fish meal. The waitress was so apologetic, we tipped her well. But the meals were just not worth the price they charge for them. Cheap stuff thrown together by amateur cooks who don't know what they are doing. So we are done with Applebee's now. My only reason to go back would be to tell the waitress to get a job at a better restaurant. She was really good and wasted in that pitiful place.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Waitress brought us our drinks, we asked for straws, we were informed we had to wait till they roll silverware to get straws. Waitress said the dishwasher was lacking in Washing dishes. We waited 30 mins for them. And the whole time we could see the silverware sitting there waiting to be rolled. Waitress came to ask if we were ready to order, I said yes, and she then rolls her eyes at me. She kept forgetting what our drink order was. So it took 15 mins to even get our drinks, another 30 mins to wait for straws. The waitress had no customer service skills at all. We were very unhappy with our visit. And no manager was to be found to make a complaint. This is at the Temple, TX location. Her name is April.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I can't remember the exact name of the Asian salad served in the 2 for $20 menu but I was unable to eat most of it. When I order a salad, I expect fresh and healthy ingredients. Instead, most of the salad consisted of thin Asian noodles and chicken surrounded with way too much breading. A disappointment.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Applebees in Jacksonville NC - We had a server today Jessica. She was at the bar. She didn't even introduce herself. She just came over. They were not busy at all as we came around 1:30, the lady at the bar was our server and only had a couple as her table. She took about 10 minutes of us sitting there before she even came to ask what we wanted to drink, we didn't want to wait so we ordered our appetizer through the little tablet on the table. She came over grabbed our drinks after waiting 10 mins and then didn't even bring our appetizer to us or check on us after that until we clicked on the tablet for our check.

We were there for 30 mins. She brought was too busy laughing and taking care of the purple at the bar. She had another table next to us and had a male server grab her drinks while she continued to talk to the couple at the bar. Needless to say we got our check and left very displeased. We don't usually go to Applebee's. We always have a bad experience.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

We visited Applebee’s in Hickory, NC on Dec 31, 2016 for supper at approximately 8:45 pm. Ordered large appetizer plate and both of us ordered bourbon street chicken and shrimp with spinach and artichoke dip as our addition appetizer. The appetizer came out and just had started eating them when our main course arrived within 3 or 4 minutes. This never happened before. It always takes time for them to cook chicken. We noticed the cast iron plates were not sizzling like normally are. They were just barely warm. I even touched mine and told my wife I could touch it. The butter wasn't melted and runny but coagulated on the plate where it is normally on the shrimp. Shouldn't have eaten it but we ate our appetizer and ate a little of our chicken and it was dried out and I ate all my shrimp. BAD MISTAKE!! We took our leftovers home and put in the fridge. By that night I had made 4 trips to the bathroom with diarrhea and the next day I was throwing up.

I really got hit hard the next day. Couldn't eat anything but at 4 in the morning running to bathroom every 10 minutes with watery bowels that lasted all day long. It hit my wife later than me by about 4 hours. She made it to work and was throwing up in her work trash can because she couldn't make it to the rest room. She thought she escaped the diarrhea but when she got home it hit her and we both have been sick for 3 days. I keep saying we will never go back to Applebee’s. Maybe this was our wakeup call. It’s like they were preparing food in expectations of a big crowd for New Year’s and they didn't show and they were serving old reheated food.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

My family were going out to eat after church - Applebee's happened to be our choice. The first 10 minutes were fine (even though they were taking a while just to get our drinks) until the food came. It was first the appetizers then the main course. My father, mother and I had ordered steaks (All Well-Done) - two with baked potatoes and one with mashed. They all were ordered with a side of broccoli. The waitress comes with the first plate of food which was a well-done steak with mashed potatoes and a side of you guessed it... FRIES! Of course my father complained and asked for broccoli, but they refused to take the plate back and replace the fries - instead they brought a side of broccoli on a separate plate. The other two plates were my mom's and I. Mine was fine, my mom was brought a rare! No big deal. My mom called the waitress back to take the food and get it cooked to well-done.

The lady came back and to our surprise it still was RARE. Literally nothing changed - she asked the waitress "Does this look well-done to you and she replied, "Uhhh, no. Here, lemme call the manager." So, the manager comes and my mom asks her as well and she replies, "Well - it looks medium." I could see the anger on my moms face grow ever more. The manager pays for my father and mother's plate. The entire time I had been drawing Batman saying "I said Well-Done". I put it on the edge of the table and we left. The first thing my brother did when we got home was... (you guessed it) have diarrhea. Trust me - the customer service was terrible.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

My son placed a curbside order on Tuesday November 29, 2016 at the Elmont, NY location and when he brought it home it was horrible... Unfortunately this is not the first, second or third time but it will definitely be the last. I guess your question would be "why do you go back". Well, we try to give them the benefit of the doubt but that proved to be a mistake.

We ordered steak medium rear, mashed potatoes and broccoli and three cheese pasta with grilled chicken. When we got home and I took a bite I just wanted to puke. The medium rear steak was dry and harder than a hockey puck. The broccoli was not cooked and had nothing and I mean nothing on it. The three cheese pasta was less than a child's portion (1/2 cup if not less) and dry, minus the three cheeses. We would have gone back and demanded our money back but it was raining and we were very frustrated and tired and to top it off we could or find the receipt. We wound up giving the food to our dog but he just ignored it and walked away. Needless to say, I threw it in the garbage. Applebee's in Elmont will NEVER get our money again.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

Not a fan of Applebee's but was in the neighborhood and decided to give them another go at making something good to eat. Disappointed yet again and I doubt I will ever return. I'm not one for sending food back and I didn't this time either but should have. I ordered the sirloin as well as did my husband. I ordered mine as rare as humanly possible or "blue rare" because I know sirloin can be extremely tough if cooked more than that. Came to the table medium well... toughest steak I ever ate and left most of it on the plate along with the gristle and fat.

I think Applebee's may want to stay with their appetizer menu and bar food and leave it at that. I suppose being the only "sit-down" restaurant in my town (Warrenton, MO) they may think they don't have to please but based on that meal alone I will never go to any Applebee's anywhere. BTW, there was no hostess on the floor so we sat ourselves and caused a bit of confusion when a waitress noticed we had sat down without a server. She was extremely polite and located a server for us immediately which was very nice.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

This happened at the store 133 address: 10601 County Line Road, Spring Hill Fl 34609, where the general manager is **. My family and I went to have dinner, we were a group of 9 people with 4 little children, between 1 and 10 years old. First the waitress brought our drinks 15 min. after we ordered them, then the food came at 5 different times, 1st 2 grown ups, then 3 grown ups and the latest to have their meals were the children, YES THE CHILDREN. Of course other tables with American people got their food 1st, despite that they arrived after we did. On my group of people there was only one American guy, so of course they served my table last. This attention at this restaurant No. 133 is terrible for Hispanic people, I don't know what happens with other international ones.

To all the Hispanic community, don't waste your time going to this place, since you are going to have a terrible experience. There are a lot of other restaurants around like Pizza Villa & Restaurant, Thai Cuisine, Beef 'O' Brady's, Copacabana and hundreds more. Please pass this message along so other people Hispanic and non-Hispanic don't make the mistake of going to this Applebee's store 133.

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Company Information