2. Shopping

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.31/5

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Reviews

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

My son was in to visit for Christmas, from California, so he took me there to have dinner. They only had 2 different steaks, and mine was overdone, and could hardly chew it. They had no baked potatoes, so ordered fries that had pepper on them. My son ordered bbq ribettes; supposedly boneless. But did have bones, and slaw that he asked for certain dressing, and got none. I wasn't offered bread and I asked about it, and just got regular sliced bread. Also ordered coffee, and it took 30 minutes to get. One last thing, the waitress was someone that just kept apologizing. But never did anything about the problems.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I went to Applebee's on 12/11/2019. Went to pick up my order. When I was checking my order noticed that they put the garlic bread in top of the pasta. I ask the waitress if I could get a fresh breadstick beachside. By the time I bring my mom the food the breadstick is going to be really bad and saggy. The waitress said, "Ok here I give you the paper glass put that bread in this glass and I will give you another one!" I am like really? I have to put my hands on somebody else food. I don’t think so. She said then is going to be a dollar something. I don’t remember exactly how much because she got me so mad. Then the manager came in the rudest non customer service skills whatsoever.

He said, "The meal comes that way and we can not be asking everyone 'How would you like your meal to come? No breadstick or would you like together?'" He said, "Don’t tell that we did this wrong". I explain to him what happen with the waitress and he didn’t acknowledge nothing I said. There is something that needs to be done about that horrible staff. WOW incredible. I am so disappointed.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

It’s sad when you order and go pick it up and it’s missing the side and bacon. I ordered the chicken bacon cheddar with broccoli. No broccoli and no bacon hence it’s called “ chicken bacon”. What gets me is the person checking the food. Obviously my order wasn’t checked. Call the restaurant and spoke with the manager Jeff. He was rude until I demanded some of my money back. I won’t be wasting my gas and time to go to this Applebee’s again. I took a picture but not sure how to upload it.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I had the worst experience at an Applebee's ever. It's been a while since we've eaten at Applebee's. When we entered they weren't busy. Very few people there. Had to long wait to be seated, even though 2 girls were talking at the bar. Just let us stand there, so we just picked a table and seated ourselves. Waiter said he wasn't sure that he could serve us since he was busy. He had 3 other tables at the time. REALLY. Once we finally got to order our lunch, it seemed to take the food forever to get there, not 12 mins as advertised. Food was cold, not hot. Had to ask for more sauce on my 3 cheese penne because it hardly had any and tasted like wet noodles. Husband's burger came with about 12 fries, OMgosh, and my mother's chicken was hot but her pasta was cold. She took hers home then gave it to me. Said she would never order it again. Probably will never go back to Marion Il applebee's ever.

Service was slow, food was Awful. What a waste of money. Didn't ask for the manager because I didn't see anyone there that looked like a manager and we really didn't have the time to argue with one about the meal, so we just paid and left.. I will be telling all my friends about this restaurant. Been a while since I've been to an Applebees and now I think I know why. If Marion Il is the best you have to offer then it will be a very cold day before we return to one. After our visit I now know why they weren't busy. Lousy service, and worst food ever.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Visited the Applebee's in York Pa on Sunday Nov 10th with my family. And boy have things changed. (For the worst) In the past the food was quite good with excellent service. Now It took approximately 12 minutes to be waited on with a waitress who seemed not concerned about us. The three steaks were virtually not done. Red. We ordered well done. The green beans were cold. The waitress never checked on us to inquire about our food or a coffee refill. Interesting on Sundays the place was usually crowded in the past. Today it was virtually empty. I wonder why? I don't believe we shall be returning to this establishment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applebees?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

My grandson and I went to Applebee’s yesterday for lunch. When I asked for a specific booth, the hostess said she would have to ask the waitress. She came back and said it was fine. We were there approximately 10 minutes and no one ever came to our table. It almost looked like the waitress was deliberately avoiding us. We left the restaurant without anyone really caring. Don’t plan on ever returning. FYI if you want to know how the restaurants are doing, go to Chemung County Food Inspections. It will help you decide where it is safe to eat.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Today I went to Applebee’s for takeout and I was very unhappy when I got home. My onion rings tasted terrible. They were cooked in old grease and you could really taste it. Also my barbeque wings tasted the same way. When I have gotten them in the past they were always good. But today’s were awful.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

I ordered from a mix and match type menu. I ended up ordering the French Onion Soup and the spicy honey tenders. What a joke for the price!!! I'd rather spend $10 at McDonald's! It was like eating off the kids menu!!! I could count how many fries I got on 3 hands. Those were at least fresh. The onion soup was almost passable. I took 2 bites of the smallest and driest frozen fried chicken tenders. Quality is not there and you should be ashamed of yourselves for your portion size! Over Priced!!! I'll never be back. Like I said ~ I'd rather spend my money at McDonald's or a local small business. Good Luck!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I am never the one to do this. But, here I go. My boyfriend and I just got back from Lexington KY where our son was born. WE had an appointment there. We came back to Ashland which is our home. We went to our local place we love to eat. As we are seated we ask for the most helpful server. He moves us table, as we are gathering our belongings no one is around us besides the server we requested and a lady who has short hair tattoos, and a bandaid on the side of her face is where I guess her eyebrow is done.

As we are moving our server brings us our card and money. We go to pay for our dinner that we took our son to because he had a big day at his appointment getting blood taken and he was so good!! so we rewarded him. As we are counting our money and going to pay, we come up with missing 200$. I call the manager and she says she will ask, she calls me back and says he doesn't have it, and she doesn't believe her staff would do that. Well, okay lady!!!! We shall see in the morning when I file a police report and watch the Cams. :)

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

When I shut you down, You're Out. I give you a chance to change it, but only one chance. I'll make it short and to the point. The Bartender clipped my Friend for about 30.00. (Never Pay Cash in Here.) Didn't even say they were sorry. Not a care in the world about their customer. On top of that I go in a day later to get something to eat and tell the manager about how they did my friend, and by mistake, leave a stamped envelope on the table and left. Called back, and asked them if they would kindly put that letter in their outgoing mail, and what do think. They said they saw it, but threw it in the trash. Not sorry with that either. THAT WAS THE LAST TIME THEY EVER GET A CHANCE TO TREAT ME OR MY FRIENDS THAT WAY EVER AGAIN. COUNT ON IT..! I gotta give it to them though, They have nerves of Steel. No more for me anywhere they are. One System can and does ruin it for all The rest. SHAME.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Company Information