2. Shopping

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.32/5

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applebees?

Original review: March 31, 2021

I had a very interesting situation at Applebee's Staten Island Mall last Sunday 3/28/21. My bill came out to $35, we left a cash tip at the table. When I got home after we paid on my credit card, I was hit with a charge of $40.90. The manager told us erroneously that it was VISA who tacked on the addition as part of the 20% tip. I clearly lined out the tip area on the receipt that I signed for $35. Why I was charged an additional $5.90 is beyond me. So please be careful if you pay your bill with a credit card at Applebee's...

Original review: March 28, 2021

Tried taking my family there 3/26/2021. Was told they couldn’t accommodate a party of 5. But they had an entire row of empty tables. On 3/27/2021 we called ahead and we was told they could accommodate our group of 6 and a baby seat. We get there. Same hostess as the night before and she goes well that employee is being reprimanded for saying that and it will be 1-2 hours before they could seat us. Again she was very rude and hateful. We will not be returning to Applebee’s 4733 s. Yale, Tulsa Oklahoma.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Our meal for our date night was so disappointing. Appetizer is not supposed to be the best part. 2 drinks 2 bourbon chicken sucked. Said something but guess it is the norm. Used to eat here on regular basis. NOT NOW. Frankfort, KY.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Purchased the Two for 22 deal on that being 26 and some change. The spinach and artichoke dip for an appetizer was watery. Barely had any taste. The first entrée was the Four Cheese Penne Pasta With Chicken. Where is the cheese? I could’ve just cooked plain pasta and eating it and it wouldn’t taste the same. The second entrée was a Oriental Chicken Salad With Crispy Chicken. The lettuce was wilted. Brown on the edges.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

We were celebrating our Anniversary. We ordered drinks. My water glass was dirty. I could see it looked like it hadn't been washed, inside and out. Before I could ask for a clean glass while we were waiting on our food I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I turned and it was a mouse! I got up. My husband got up proceeding to the door. The waiter was coming with our food. I told him we're sorry but there is a mouse and we're out of here. We left!

Original review: July 26, 2020

Today, July 26, 2020 I picked up an order from Applebee's Restaurant on 28th Street, Kentwood, MI. I waited far too long for the disgusting food I got. The ribs were apparently left over from a week or so ago, as they were black on the back, and the meat was tougher than rawhide. A small side note, why do they choose to put the "hand wipe packets" in with the ribs. They were the most sauce covered item in the container. I won't be going back. The service keeps getting worse. Clearly management no longer cares about quality.

Original review: July 11, 2020

Had to wait 45 minutes at front with 5 waitresses standing at front desk. Was told they were waiting on a waitress. Finally got to table and waited another 15 minutes for food. They brought it out one meal at a time. Finally got everyone’s food out and had no eating utensils. Got utensils and was asked if we wanted a napkin. Food was cold by the time everyone’s food came out. Had to ask for salt and pepper. On top of all this waitress was wearing mask under her chin. Music was so loud you couldn’t hear yourself think. Asked to have it turned down and they said they couldn’t. All this is true. At the Applebee’s on Windsor Spring Rd Augusta Ga.

Original review: March 15, 2020

Young lady behind the bar (dark hair and glasses) came to our table and asked us for our drink order. My husband received his iced tea and water. After about 15 minutes I asked if my drink was coming and her flippant response was "It's coming. You need to wait". Another 15 minutes goes by and I asked again with the response, "You need to wait". I will never eat there again even though it had been my favorite place. Drink specials are great, as is the food. After a hand count of about 10 people total so she was not that busy. One bad apple spoils the rest.

Roxanne

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Today, to be more exact an hour ago I ate with my wife at this Applebee's Restaurant located in Doral FL. We ordered the two course offer for $ 26.00 including a ticket. We ordered Alfredo Pasta With Broccoli and an Oriental Salad, when the food arrived, the pasta was good, but the salad was a disaster. After stirring it, I started eating it after finding about 3 bites, which was pure topping of crispy sticks and I felt in my mouth that the only thing I ate was that. I made the comment to the waiter and asked to change the salad and please bring it with the separate topping. He told me he would call the manager, which never happened. After 10 minutes he took my dinner to bring me the same plate making it clear that he was giving me a plate of new salad completely scrambled.

My surprise was huge when I claimed that he had asked for the salad without topping and told me that the manager had cleaned my salad and that I saw that I had less topping. I was really shocked. Of course I didn't accept the dish and asked for the bill and talk to the manager who never showed up to show me my face. They forced me to pay a bill complete with an incomplete dinner and shameful attention. In the end the waiter told me that the manager did not want to change my salad because I had already tried it.

SIRS, that's what they serve at Applebee's, food made reluctantly and they probably put their hand in it and other things to fix their claim if their food is not served as it should be. Take precautions if you are going to eat at this site. I report my case to the food authorities to whom it may concern, since your kitchen should be checked to determine the degree of hygiene they have in that place. DO NOT EAT IN THAT RESTAURANT, IS NOT RECOMMENDED.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I went to Applebee’s after getting my teeth cleaned yesterday around 8pm 1/24/20 and my wife I ordered our food as usual like any restaurant. First off I should say the minute I walked in the door we saw straw wrappers and paper all over the floor so I already sensed something was up but I just ignored it and figured a party had just left. Anyways so my wife ordered a bacon cheeseburger and I ordered the 8oz sirloin steak, garlic mash potatoes and broccoli topped with grilled shrimp. Sounded tasty to me. So my wife got her burger and fries and it all was ok but not great.

Then I got my meal with another under the main plate. Kind of weird but I just ignored it. So I go to cut into my steak and it was barely even cooked. There was blood on my plate too. So I ask my waiter to have it re-cooked b/c for one I asked for a well done steak and this ain’t even close. So I waited and finally got my steak and meal back and I see they added some white sauce that covered my steak. So I ask the guy, "What’s up with the sauce? I never asked for any sauce and your menu doesn’t show sauce as being a part of the steak." He come up with some excuse saying that we thought you’d like this extra sauce. Then I said, "Let me check the steak." I cut into it and it’s still barely cooked. I said, "Aight man. It is now an hour that I have waited for food and I’m gonna need to talk to your manager."

15 minutes go by and nothing. I then wave him over and he says, "I’ll go get the manager." He come back 10 minutes later and says, "Your meal is on us and have a nice day." I’m like what???? He pays for my wife’s hamburger but never brings me another well done cooked steak. Absolutely no communication and the manager wouldn’t come out to talk. So I know what they did. They didn’t charge us b/c they wanted no proof of this bad service. Well I wasn’t gonna not let the consumer know of this and be warned that this restaurant has bad cook and horrible service and a manager that won’t deal with problems.

I will never go back to Applebee’s. It’s just not worth the chance especially when I’m hungry. I hate giving reviews but I felt obligated to review this horrible experience. From the looks of it I don’t think Applebee’s is gonna be around for much lunch if they keep going down this path. I’ll be hitting a real restaurant going forward like Outback steak house or Chili’s, etc. Applebee’s is trash at this point and highly recommend you go to a different restaurant so you can save yourself from this type of experience. If I could of put 0 stars I would of.

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Company Information