3.34/5

224 Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 13, 2019

I've gone to this Applebee's for curbside service several times and I never seem to learn my lesson. Every time we do curbside there are problems. But you wouldn't expect it on Mother's Day. Spent over $100 on to go and I got the Double-Glazed Baby Back Ribs with Honey BBQ sauce. Well when I got my food, my ribs were burnt almost to a crisp and they gave me spicy Texas BBQ sauce.

So I called to explain what had happened and every time I called (a total of 5 times), I got... "Please hold" and before I could say anything they put me on hold. And it just got better. I finally called and asked for the manager and he said that they were backed up and it would be a 30 minute wait for me to get my food re-made. So I said just give my husband a refund. Then my husband came back and told us how unprofessional the staff was, cursing at each other, grabbing fries with unprotected hands and putting them on people's plates, expressing with each other how they didn't have enough cooks in the kitchen. How can you not be fully staffed or overstaffed on Mothers Day? So I will never EVER go back and advise anyone who to take time to go to another Applebee's. It's worth the extra gas to get good service.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Applebee's $1 drinks of the month suck. I was just there. Had 6 of these, and did not even get a buzz. The bartender was cool though, and gave me 2 more on him and he poured a a lot of extra alcohol in them. Word to the wise - don't order their $1 special drinks, it was all sour mix and no alcohol!!! It is all premixed for the drink of the month and a total ripoff to the fullest!!!

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2019

We went to Applebee’s and our waitress ignored us for a half hour and the people around us were served and LEFT and we were still waiting and only... only!!!! When my mom said she wasn’t going to tip her because her service was so bad did she finally appear and acknowledge us.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Ordered the best steak. Had to send back it was bleeding and ordered it medium. It was almost too tough to cut. Server was late with everything and not pleasant. My wife ordered the salmon which was ok. Had to wait too long for food.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I order the 6 oz sirloin & added mushrooms. I received 4 mini almost microscopic mushrooms on my steak. I ordered on-line along with the potato soup that was so greasy & disgusting... I couldn't even attempt to eat my steak as my appetite was totally turned off. If a customer is paying extra, make it worth their while. I'm sure they are canned mushrooms, isn't that expensive. If I could tell that they are mushrooms, I'd be able to say if they are fresh or canned. I will not be returning as the past few experiences have been not so well. Food presentation is completely unappealing. Plates are dirty on the rim, you can't take a second & take a towel & clean the plate. I worked in the industry for quite a few & your establishment is unacceptable. Do not insult me with a gift card as that is a total waste of my time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applebees?

Original review: April 8, 2019

Last two visits to Applebee's (different restaurants) was the last straw. Rotten lettuce on salad. Waitress said she would let the kitchen know, but did not offer to replace with something else. I honestly did not know that so many others have had their own issues with the chain. We will probably NEVER eat in an Applebee's again.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I was there today for lunch. I ordered a sirloin steak, medium rare. When I receive my meal it was well done. I had sent back to the kitchen and they brought me another one, and it was seared on the outside and raw on the inside. The third time around they finally got it right. One would think that a cook in a professional kitchen would’ve heard of a food thermometer.

Original review: March 22, 2019

The worst experience as a first time food consumer at Applebee’s. First off we ask for a sling for our 7 month old guest who was with it. The ** waiter was too lazy to bring us one so he adjusted the table to fit the car seat. We ordered our drinks and only ** got one and had to wait ten to fifteen minutes for the other one. After waiting about half an hour we finally get our fried looking ** up steak and vegetables that looked like they were burnt to a ** crisp with a melted totally runny all the way melted sour creamed bake potato that look like a bird ** on it. Seriously, how long was it sitting there that the sour cream melted on it?

We were then asked to cut into the fried black steak to see if was cooked the way we like it. ** duh, what are we suppose to use, our fingers? They never gave us silverware at all. After asking us to cut into our steak to tell her that we love ** blackened and hard steak she leaves right away without even waiting to see if we were satisfied like she’s suppose too. Mind you we still are expected to eat like ** monkeys in a zoo with no utensils. Oh we barely got the other drink by the time this all happened. We had to literally get off our ** and ask for something to eat our food with. I thought it was a waitress’s job to give you silverware and a menu.

The grilled vegetables looked charred and like the took an open flame and just dumped the crap in the fire to burn it. A loaded baked potato? It had three little pieces of bacon on it and the sour cream was already looking like melted bird crap by the time we got our food. Guess what? We asked for a glass of wine and was told "that’s not my job". What the ** **? Don't you get paid to get our drinks or do I have to jump over the bar and help myself. Another guess what... No tip left and never again will I eat at that hell hole again.

Original review: March 5, 2019

We got to Applebee's hoping for a fun time with the family. We had never been to this Applebee's and thought we would give it a shot. There are two vegetarians in our family and hoped we would at least find some mac and cheese or breadsticks. We looked over the menu and thankfully saw some mac and cheese (there was also mozzarella sticks and some breadsticks. Those were quite good...). We got the mozzarella sticks first and hoped for the same deliciousness for the rest of our dinner, soon after we ordered a potato soup and hoped for a nice big bowl to share. We got the bowl and it was 5 bites (no exaggeration) and I quote "not the best I've had. Not worth the 5 dollars".

Soon the waiter came to tell us that the bacon was in the sauce of the mac and cheese and it was not vegetarian. After this, we got a breadstick and they said we would get more... (keep reading for later events) We decided to get the "famous apple fritter". Let's just say the best part was the apples on the side. (The apple fritter was pretty good but you could get a better one at a carnival). We had left with one breadstick to share with four people, dry fries, a decent apple fritter, five bites of soup, and one breadstick. I would not recommend this restaurant.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I went to lunch with friends and the service was bad. We order the hurricanes and it was clear, the waiter made all kinds of excuses about why it was like that. Then my husband ordered a beer and the waiter said they were out because it was a busy weekend and they had it on the menu. Too many excuses were given to us. We ordered some appetizers and the waiter dropped one of the cheese sticks and said he would bring out another one, 2 of our friends seen him go to the bars stood there a few minutes and then grabbed a plate and put the same cheese stick that he dropped on the plate. We had to get the manager because that was over the top. I have never had a problem before this incident. Now I will never go back.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We recently had lunch at Applebee's and decided to go for the AYCE Double Crunch Shrimp, Riblets and Chicken Tenders. We were quite disappointed with the Double Crunch Shrimp. The shrimp were smaller, had a different coating, and weren't butterflied like they use to be. I'm guessing maybe they changed their ingredients since the last time we had the shrimp. Definitely won't be having that dish again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Applebee’s are on the list for senior discounts on both AARP and Discount for senior clubs. You will not be given a discount. What you will get is untruth as to why it’s not usable & a letter from corporate coming off rude stating next time ask for the Golden Discount and call before to make sure the Golden Discount is available. I will continue to go to Denny’s and Chili’s. They will gladly give me a discount meal with no problem.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We ordered and waited and waited for our food. We ordered coffee and never offered a refill. I ordered traditional wings and soup. The wings that came were boneless and cold. The soup was cold. My wife ordered tacos that were cold. I informed the wait staff and asked for a to go bowl and container so I could take the food home to microwave it. We now waited for the to go containers. They finally came and I left to go home to heat my food so I could eat. My wife waited another fifteen minutes to get the check. We never saw management. We were never offered a discount or apology. This was suppose to be a family celebration that was ruined. People all around us were complaining.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Applebee's Davenport Iowa. Increasing smaller portions, and increasingly longer waits. Waste of time. Next time anyone suggests going to Applebee's, I will give my straight up opinion, then promptly go anywhere else. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

We just had a meal at Applebee's in Wilson, NC. My wife ordered a salad with grilled chicken. The salad was just lettuce. 2 croutons and chicken. It did not have any of the ingredients listed on the menu and the chicken tasted like it was cooked with salmon. I ordered the stuffed rigatoni in meat sauce. The meat sauce was burned and the rigatoni was dried and brittle except where the "so called" sauce was covering it. The breadstick that comes with it was very hard. It was evidently cooked in a microwave. This was my first and last visit to the Applebee's. I have been in other Applebee's and the food was much better.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I am a Vietnam era veteran who serve proudly and honorably in the United States Army Military Police Corps during Vietnam. I'm trying, and I mean trying to survive on a social security disability paycheck. I don't have a car. This year Veterans Day falls on a Sunday. I live in Pocatello Idaho. The buses do not run on Sundays. I called the local Applebee's and wanted to make sure that they're having their Veterans Day free menu on the 11th, Sunday. They said they were. They said it was corporate decision. So I called the corporate office.

After much hemming and hawing, I was told that it's an across-the-board corporate decision that the free veterans meal is on Sunday, November 11th. That's why I'm saying that they're paying lip-service to veterans. Someone, across the board, could have it on Monday the 12th of November. Since that's the official government observance of Veterans Day. I know several people who don't have their own transportation and rely on public transportation. Those veterans will not be at Applebee's on the 11th. Along with myself.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

We sat and waited 2 hours for our appetizers, then 2 of the people at our table received their salad. The other 4 had to wait. Finally when they served the other 4 we complained about our appetizers. Received them 15 minutes later. We sat for a minimum of 17 minutes (and yes I timed it) to get refills on soda. Alcohol was longer. Our food was served to a table next to us, after they started to eat it we at both tables realized it was our table's and they said it was cold anyway. The waiter came around 20 minutes after that to check on their table and took the plates into the back and warmed them up and served the exact same plates to us! Most dishonest manager ever! He blamed the bad service and the wait for only our table others came and gone while we sat, on the fact 2 kitchen staff was sick.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Kerstin was great! She attended to our needs. She informed us of the day’s special. She frequently checked on us to ensure we were having an awesome time. She also answered all of our questions. Great job.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

We go to Applebee’s about once a week and I’m a very picky eater, there’s only two things I’ll eat on the entire menu and one of them is on the 2 for 25$. We love that deal. Anyways I always get the oriental salad. It used to an amazing salad. Always way too much to eat. Brought home a container for the next day. The last two times I purchased this salad it was truly terrible small portion of lettuce and what you could find tasty a bit moldy... I’m done. No more Applebee’s for my family!!! Sorry Applebee’s. You screwed us over twice. We will never eat in there again...

Original review: July 20, 2018

The family went out to Applebee’s and we all got chicken sandwich. My wife ate half of hers and when she got to the middle the chicken was raw. Not undercooked completely raw and had blood in it. Disgusting. Do not eat there.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Took family to Applebee's for a dinner, staff was rude and questioned why my son would only have a appetizer for a meal? He ate earlier in the evening and wasn't that hungry but was still questioned why he wasn't getting a meal. I finally said, "He doesn't have to explain. This isn't court." Then proceeded to ask me how I like my bacon. Well let me see... Cooked! It is a pork product. Worst customer service we ever had. She basically took our order and left. It took almost 45 min for food and it was lousy. This place won't get my dollar again.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Poor customer Service. Me and my daughter went to dinner at the local Applebee's near our home in West Allis Wisconsin at 2865 S. 108th St. in West Allis, Wisconsin. Graduation Weekend, the evening of June 8, 2018, at 8 pm. My Daughter who has a learning disability ordered an appetizer, was confused about the price of the appetizer and wanted to return the appetizer after paying for it with her credit card, only to be treated poorly and embarrassed by the manager on duty, **. Not only was he rude, he smacked his hand down on her to go order and told her because she used a credit card there was nothing he could do about it, threw his hands up, and walked away. Needless to say my daughter was pretty disappointed, that pretty much ruined our experience and we don't think we'll ever visit that restaurant again.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I arrive at the restaurant at 10:30 PM. I place my order drinks and food. It's now 10:45 PM. We have not received any drinks. The waiter kept say she waiting on the Bar. 10:55 pm No Food or Drinks. The party that sat down after us now have their Food and Drinks. It's Now 11:15 pm. Nothing from our waiter at this time. Another waitress walk past and said, "Ya'll still don't have ya'll Drinks and Food?" We said, "No!!!" 11:20 PM I spoke with the Manager Nadia. She was very Rude, Loud and Ask Me, "What do you want me"!! I stated, "I want this service to be look in to and how my service was." I NEVER RECEIVED MY FOOD or Apologize for the Poor service when should have been upset and Rude. She was yelling at me.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Went to Applebee's against my better judgement. Our server doesn't even ask us for drinks until we were waiting for 10 minutes. Initial order was wrong and had to be sent back. Fries were dry and burger was way too salty. And the worst part? I wake up the next day with a terrible stomach flu. I must have puked up 15 times! I normally don't have any issues eating out but this experience was so bad I had to report it!

Original review: April 2, 2018

Let me start by saying the service was great! The food on the other hand was terrible! I had the potato soup which wasn’t all that good, barely had any potatoes in it. It also wasn’t a big portion. I also got a Caesar salad which was good, but a very small serving as well. My husband got the shrimp stir fry and he said it tasted like a frozen meal. What a waste of our money which was also expensive for what we got!

Original review: March 28, 2018

I used to love coming here, but my last 2 visits have been everything short of great. Tonight we waited 45 minutes for an appetizer, & when we got our food it was cold & we didn’t get the complete order. We waited an extra 15 minutes for the rest of our order. We didn’t get refills the entire evening. Disappointed as this is one of the few “sit down” restaurants in this town. Our server was very nice, but the overall service was not good.

Original review: March 20, 2018

We ordered a burger medium (told it would be pink), potato soup, French onion soup, pretzels and cheese. The server took our order and didn't come back till after we had a problem and then was gone till we were out of tea and ready to go. The burger was well done. Potato soup was just cheese no potato, the pretzel was overcooked and had no salt on it. Very unsatisfied. When we told them about the potato soup with no potatoes we were told that,s the way it comes.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Went for a couple of drinks with my girlfriend and had the worst service ever. We sat at the bar and didn't even get recognized until after 10 minutes. Worst part about it was they wasn't busy at all and she walked back and forth in front of us like we wasn't even there.

Original review: March 9, 2018

When I arrived at the establishment, I immediately was unhappy with the service. I had to wait two hours for a ** table. Then when I was seated, I got my food and it was colder than an iceberg. These ** is wild as hell. I am never returning. Do better sis.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

3 women went to lunch at the 44th St Applebee's. We all had gift cards. One had somehow not been made active. The GM manager Tony took totally handled the matter so professionally and with great care. The wonderful servicer Jenn was so caring also. Thanks for a really great lunch.

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Company Information