Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My son placed a curbside order on Tuesday November 29, 2016 at the Elmont, NY location and when he brought it home it was horrible... Unfortunately this is not the first, second or third time but it will definitely be the last. I guess your question would be "why do you go back". Well, we try to give them the benefit of the doubt but that proved to be a mistake.

We ordered steak medium rear, mashed potatoes and broccoli and three cheese pasta with grilled chicken. When we got home and I took a bite I just wanted to puke. The medium rear steak was dry and harder than a hockey puck. The broccoli was not cooked and had nothing and I mean nothing on it. The three cheese pasta was less than a child's portion (1/2 cup if not less) and dry, minus the three cheeses. We would have gone back and demanded our money back but it was raining and we were very frustrated and tired and to top it off we could or find the receipt. We wound up giving the food to our dog but he just ignored it and walked away. Needless to say, I threw it in the garbage. Applebee's in Elmont will NEVER get our money again.

Not a fan of Applebee's but was in the neighborhood and decided to give them another go at making something good to eat. Disappointed yet again and I doubt I will ever return. I'm not one for sending food back and I didn't this time either but should have. I ordered the sirloin as well as did my husband. I ordered mine as rare as humanly possible or "blue rare" because I know sirloin can be extremely tough if cooked more than that. Came to the table medium well... toughest steak I ever ate and left most of it on the plate along with the gristle and fat.

I think Applebee's may want to stay with their appetizer menu and bar food and leave it at that. I suppose being the only "sit-down" restaurant in my town (Warrenton, MO) they may think they don't have to please but based on that meal alone I will never go to any Applebee's anywhere. BTW, there was no hostess on the floor so we sat ourselves and caused a bit of confusion when a waitress noticed we had sat down without a server. She was extremely polite and located a server for us immediately which was very nice.

This happened at the store 133 address: 10601 County Line Road, Spring Hill Fl 34609, where the general manager is **. My family and I went to have dinner, we were a group of 9 people with 4 little children, between 1 and 10 years old. First the waitress brought our drinks 15 min. after we ordered them, then the food came at 5 different times, 1st 2 grown ups, then 3 grown ups and the latest to have their meals were the children, YES THE CHILDREN. Of course other tables with American people got their food 1st, despite that they arrived after we did. On my group of people there was only one American guy, so of course they served my table last. This attention at this restaurant No. 133 is terrible for Hispanic people, I don't know what happens with other international ones.

To all the Hispanic community, don't waste your time going to this place, since you are going to have a terrible experience. There are a lot of other restaurants around like Pizza Villa & Restaurant, Thai Cuisine, Beef 'O' Brady's, Copacabana and hundreds more. Please pass this message along so other people Hispanic and non-Hispanic don't make the mistake of going to this Applebee's store 133.

I and guest went to Applebee's for dinner. I got death sick on their sour cream and started throwing up before we left the rest. We told the waitress and got sick from the food and they did nothing and we still had to pay for the food even then I couldn't eat because it was bad. The only thing I throw up was the sour cream. I called the next day to the manager and she did nothing to refund our money for food we couldn't eat. Very bad customer service.

My wife & I attempted to take our family out to dinner, so that we could celebrate our granddaughter's 5th birthday together. We arrived at 6:40 pm & I text my daughter at 6:53 pm to let her know where our table was. They arrived within 3 min & the kind waitress took everyone's order 3 min later. The drinks arrived quickly. The appetizers arrived 25 minutes later, along with one of the granddaughter's meals. My daughter's shrimp meal arrived 5 minutes later. My wife's shrimp meal arrived 5 minutes after that, but it was incorrect & returned (never corrected). At 7:55 pm the waitress said that our food was almost ready & would be there shortly. I told her that we had ordered an hour earlier & that it was time to speak with a manager.

She said that she would make him aware of the situation. The kind manager came to our table in a timely manner & apologized for the delays & agreed to comp our meal. I thanked him, but asked if we could get it to go, since everyone was tired & wanted to leave. He said that he would have to see if the food was ready (?). At this point everyone was ready to leave, but I got them to wait just a few more min. The waitress returned & apologized again, which we greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, everyone said they would prefer to go next door to Bojangles now. Other customers around us was complaining too and another on the way to the car. A couple waiting to be seated heard us complaining & left. Horrible way of doing business!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applebees?

I placed an order at the Maysville, KY location yesterday. I was working in Lexington, KY and heading home to West Union, OH. Maysville is midway between there. I have ordered here many times. I placed an order from my phone. I ordered for a later time due to driving time. I estimated a 6:00 pm pickup. I arrived at 6:21 pm and went inside and let them know I had a to go order. I was told it wasn't there. After about 10-15 minutes of confusion between the young employees running back and forth talking among themselves, a manager came to me and said he had cancelled my order. I asked him why he'd do that. He said they received a call to cancel the last order that was placed. I asked why they'd do that without asking for a name, number or the order confirmation number and just cancel someone's order. He kept making one excuse after another then said, "My bartender told me she did get the confirmation number so I cancelled it."

I told him that was dishonest as I was the ONLY person that knew I'd placed an order so there was no one else that could have cancelled it. He said, "I wouldn't lie." I said, "I wouldn't show up to get my food if I cancelled my order." He then blamed the bartender, saying he'd had issues with her before and she had lied then. That still makes no sense, why would this lady claim I cancelled the order to get out of doing work, knowing I'm going to show up to get my order. He eventually made the order for free and gave me a $10 off coupon for the next visit. There won't be a next visit though. Their excuses were nothing but lies because none of it adds up or is logical to the situation. They just simply didn't make the order or they gave it away to someone else.

I only came to Applebee's to order the Blondie Brownie. It took a long time to get it. When I did get it I see they don't use the sizzler anymore. The Brownie was cold from the brownie to the sauce. My God Daughter and I sent it back. The manager did come over to hear what the problem was. It was sent back out, but took a while to receive it. It was fine until you got halfway through it. It became so hard that it was crunch and you could no longer cut it. You had to pick it up and bite it while listening to the extra crunch sound. I assume the cook overheated it too long. Maybe, that's what we get for complaining. We decided that this was a waste of money. We went out our way to enjoy this which, we always bragged about to other people. This was a terrible experience when you're in the mood for dessert.

I was at the Hiram, GA location on 9/24/16. We waited an hour for our food, the waiting staff told us the cooks walked out and quit. So the other employees from the waiting staff was cooking the food. By Saturday night the food poisoning hit me. I've called the corporate office only to get blown off and told that someone would call me. I've called the franchise company Neighborhood food group only to get voice mail. It's been 4 days and not a soul has called me back. So being sick for 4 1/2 days and being blown off. I went to the doctor and got it confirmed that I have food poisoning. So these employees that were cooking were probably not trained in how to get the food cooked correctly let alone to the correct temperature.

I would give it negative stars if it was possible. Had a rude manager experience. Wrote a complaint to corporate. Was told I would get a call. Never received a call. It's been about a week now. I had to reach out to an area manager who was also very rude. And then the manager I filed a complaint on called my job and tried to get me in trouble because I filed a complaint against him. I have lived in Gainesville almost my entire life. Used to be a dedicated patron of Applebee's. However after the all around lake of respect and honesty from this company and the way they treat their customers I will be telling all of my friends and family in Gainesville Ocala at UF and the military bases to NEVER EVER go to Applebee's!!!

On Monday September 12th, 2016 I went to the Applebee's in Lino Lakes. I was looking forward to a healthy Chef or Cobb Salad. All Applebee's had was 4 trendy salads: Thai Shrimp Salad, Fiesta Chicken Chopped Salad, Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, Oriental Chicken Salad. I complained to the manager and she did not even know what a chef salad was. However to her credit, after I gave her a description of what a chef salad was, she had the kitchen did prepare me a passable chef salad. I will not be going back to the Applebee's again and urge everyone to boycott this look a like chain. Support your local restaurant like Bistro La Roux, Matthews, Apple Garden or Anne's.

I had just sent in a statement about their mix/match lunches. They have A LOT of CHICKEN on there. When I was there I had asked waitress if I could substitute something and was told no... A plain salad over a chicken one would have been nice and probably cheaper for Applebee's. I contacted AB and the reply sent was automatic and said they will contact you in 3-5 business days. I got nothing!

Day 11, I sent ANOTHER email stating this was my second email. Still NO REPLY!! I just wanted someone to acknowledge my email. I'm not asking for anything but just thought maybe they could add other food than chicken. Grilled Cheese or why couldn't I have the plain salad from the other section? I do NOT eat CHICKEN. Pretty sad that they couldn't even reply! I keep getting emails with specials but nothing in regards to my comment. That made me upset!!! POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Does NOT make me want to go back. I was just making a suggestion at first which turned into a complaint!

I hate to even say this about Applebee's on Harding Place in Nashville Tennessee but my husband and I went there this Saturday, 4th September, the waiter took our drink order and brought the drinks back with no problem then we ordered our food. When the food was brought to us my husband's chicken was burnt, my daughter's steak was overcooked. She has to have it medium and it came back hard as a rock. We had them both sent back. When my husband got his chicken it actually made him so sick that he had to go to the bathroom and throw up. The service was so bad we will never go back there again.

We took a friend out to eat at the Southtown Applebee's in Bloomington, MN. The appetizers were good. However, the food was something else. My entrée came out five minutes before the other two in our party. So I had to wait for them. In the meanwhile my food was getting cold. I ordered my steak medium. When I cut into it, it was well done. The food presentation was terrible! I ordered a side of macaroni and cheese and a side of fries. It looked like they had just dumped everything on the plate. The steak was underneath the fries which were underneath the mac and cheese. My wife ordered baked potato with her steak. The baked potato was so cold it wouldn't even soften the butter, let alone melt it.

During the last four weeks I have been at Applebee's restaurants in Green Bay, Manitowoc and Sheboygan, WI. At all three establishments the credit card scanners had very dirty screens that were smudged and full of fingerprints. I think these screens should be wiped clean as each table is cleared to prevent the spread of illness and germs. There were small pieces of food and bread crumbs on the bases of these scanners. At the Manitowoc restaurant only two forks were wrapped in the napkin. When my daughter and I were served our dinners with chicken we had to ask for knives. Our server brought one knife and we had to ask for a second one.

We were told by the server that they didn't have enough knives to wrap them with the forks. At the Sheboygan restaurant my daughter and I ordered the spinach/artichoke appetizer that should be served hot. It was served at barely room temperature. We asked to have it served hot and it came back at about the same temperature. We talked to the manager and she told us that the previous week they were having trouble with one microwave. We then ordered a different appetizer. A discount was given on our bill but it will be a long time before I go to another Applebee's restaurant.

It's been a year and half since I have been there, now I know why. My husband and I Sat down and ordered our drinks. We had coupons which the server let us use. Well we ordered our appetizer and later the server decided to bring out 2 forks and 2 dishes. Well the dishes were not used, they were dirty from dried food on them. Then the server kept coming back and getting my husband his drinks. After the 5th time and me drinking my husband's, because I was not offered any more drinks, my husband had told the waiter I needed drinks. Our dinner came and all the silverware we were offered was our forks and a steak knife for my husband's dinner. Nothing else. We are so dissatisfied and never will take anyone there and I won't go back to that place. Mt. Pleasant, PA.

I took my husband out for a nice dinner for his birthday. We decided to sit at the bar. There were 2 bartenders taking care of the bar. So one of the girls came over to ask what we wanted to drink. Then it took her awhile to come back to take our food order. She was really busy talking to one of the guys at the bar. The other bartender was busy braiding one of her coworker's hair. Manager oblivious to what was going on. Well we finally got our food and my husband's fries were ice cold. We have been there several times but this was the last time we will ever dine there again!

Went to the Applebee's located in Tigard Oregon with my adult son and daughter in law about 5 pm July 27th. Our waitress was a smalls brunettes. She was fairly friendly to my family but completely ignored me as if I wasn't there. I guess she thinks when you get old you are not a person. Never looked at me and said one word and was extremely rude when asking if anyone wanted a box ignoring my request for a box. Finally did bring it. I usually don't complain about service but felt this was over the top. You might tell the little snip that the elderly are still people. I will never go to an Applebee's restaurant again.

On Monday 7/18 my mother who is a senior citizen took her two grandsons to dinner at the Lynchburg location on Old Forest Rd. After almost 40 minutes of not being served she decided to leave since one of the boys was sick. She was chased out of the restaurant by Robert Crews yelling that he was calling the police because she had not paid the bill. First of all their food had not been served to which he replied "well it's in the kitchen." My mom stated that her grandson was ill, they had taken entirely too long and she was leaving. Once again she was threatened with the police. She instructed him to do what he needed to do. She was taking her sick child home and would be back to finish this matter.

As promised she did return, and now Robert didn't want to talk in from of his customers, but had not problem threatening her in from on customers and young impressionable boys. My mom even offered her phone for him to call the police. Never once showing any respect for his customers whom I might add frequents the restaurant at least weekly. He didn't apologize nor provide her the name of his superior when asked. This man is a DISGRACE to your company and I will write every board, blog and review site until this situation is properly addressed. He needs to be reprimanded and also made to apologize personally for his abhorrent behavior. This is unacceptable.

My family went to Applebee's at 6727 Tara Blvd Jonesboro, GA 30236 on Saturday night, July 17, 2016 around 8:30 pm. The hostess was rude from the moment they arrived. They asked to be seated and told her they were expecting a party of 13 people. At that moment, only 9 were there. She told them I can't seat you until all have arrived. I arrived around 9:00 and I informed my family the others were not going to be able to make it. The hostess was gone from the front for 5 minutes. She was notified when she returned, all was there. She said, "Ok". Then she ask the next guest who was walking in the door, "How many are with you?" She sat them and return to her desk where another 5 people were standing.

Another family member went to notify her again that all that was coming was present. She said in a disrespectful tone, "Ok, I was sitting someone. I'll get to you". She finally told us to come on. I was standing in front of one of the tables talking and she said, "You need to move". I told her she needs to watch her tone and her attitude. She said, "What did you say? I need to watch my tone & attitude." I said, "that's what I said." She said "you can leave." At this point, I was truly upset with her disrespect. I told her, she can shut up talking to me. She responded, "I ain't gotta to shut up, you can make me." I respond, "Whatever **!" I turned around and started back talking.

She went to the back and a minute later, the manager approached me walking up really fast and said, "WHAT". I responded, "I didn't ask for you." He said, "yeah but you called my employee a **." I said "I did because," he cut me off and said "you can't call my employee a **." I responded, "as a manager, you should not be approaching in a manner saying "What" and not asking the customer," he cut me off again and said, "You can't be calling her a **. Ya'll all can leave." I responded, "I can."

I admit I should not have allowed a stupid person to bring me out this type of behavior. I should have stepped back and immediately asked for the manager. However, based on my interaction with the manager, **, he approved of her disrespecting and treating customers badly. Most professional managers would have managed the situation different. They would have walked up greeted the customer and advise that he was informed that an incident happen and his employee advised him she was called a **. "Can you let me know what happen?"

He should have apologized for his employee disrespect and her role in escalating the situation but advise the customer calling the employee a ** is not acceptable. Telling everyone they could leave was senseless. After I left, the manager told the waitress, "they leaving. Don't serve them." Then, he had the police come in and sit by my family while they eat. It took their food over an hour and it is no telling what he did to their food. I am requesting to speak directly with the Corporate office regarding this incident.

On May 21, 2016 my friend and I dined at the Applebee's on Rivers Ave. in North Charleston, SC. We ate and talked among ourselves. We enjoyed our meal. I had a frozen daiquiri and she had two Long Island Iced Teas. We ordered the 2 for $25. I ate my meal there and my friend took her meal to go. The check came and it was my treat. Our total was approximately $51. I paid with my debit card and put $2 down as a tip. Bear in mind, I was treating for the meal. My friend was going to leave the tip. As soon as I sat down the $2, the bartender named "Jason" disappeared from our sight. Moments later, he returned and handed us a sangria. Neither of us had ordered. So initially, we were taken back but thankful. His exact words to us were, "Here ya go! I made it extra crappy for you."

In his absence, while he was making the "drink", my friend had already picked up my $2 and replaced it with $10. Thus, we left more than a 15% tip. We were on our way out, bill paid, proper tip left; when he slide the free drink to us. We shared the free drink. The other bartender named "John" came in front of us and wiped the counter. He addressed my friend and I saying, he didn't have to do that. We thought he was referring to the free drink, in general. It was not until about ten hours later that we fully grasped what had happened. We had been poisoned.

On May 22, 2016 at approximately 6:30/7pm, my stomach was in knots. Suddenly, I could not get comfortable. Moments later I found myself running to my bathroom. I could hardly get my pants down before everything that was in me, filled the commode. I was in terrible pain. I was dripping in sweat. My heart was racing. My bowels had never felt so irritated. I was not able to do anything that required me leaving the bathroom. I was not able to feed my kids or put them to bed. I defecated for over eight hours with no relief. I did not sleep that night. I attempted to call my friend but she did not answer.

It was not until Monday morning when we spoke to each other. Much to our surprise. She had suffered the exact same symptoms, at the exact same time. That's when hindsight kicked in and we realized exactly what "Jason" meant when he told us the drink was extra crappy. Now we knew why "John" said, "he didn't have to do that". Suddenly, it all made sense. Jason the bartender saw the $2 and assumed that we had short-changed him. He then went and put either a stool softener or laxative in the free drink.

I Immediately contacted the Applebee's manager who not only did not believe us, he didn't even do an incident report. I had to research a phone number for Apple Gold, Applebee's corporate office. We gave our statement to Paul ** and was told someone would be in touch with me. That same day, "Monica", an insurance adjuster from Zurich did contact us. Again, we gave our statements. We were told an investigation would be conducted. We trusted that the truth would prevail but after 30 consecutive days and two different insurance adjusters (Monica was taken off our case and reassigned to Henry **), we were told the event we were speaking of never happened. We were told that the verbatim conversation we had with "Jason" and "John" never happened. We were told we had no proof. Then, the insurance adjuster offered me $300 to drop it.

In no uncertain terms, I told the insurance agent what he could do with the $300. I made it very clear to all parties involved that I will never let it go until the truth comes out. I will tell everyone what happened to us. I will post this story on every blog and every social media website. I will not rest until justice is served. At this point, it's no longer about the money. It's about morals, ethics, and integrity which apparently are not requirements to work at Applebee's.

Every time I get close to an Applebee's restaurant I stop and I always order the riblet platter. Today was a shock to me, I was told by the waitress that Applebee's does not serve the riblets any more. My wife and I walked out. I will never go there again. I called headquarters and was told by the lady that answered the phone that Applebee's did not serve the riblets anymore. She said I could order the baby back ribs for a small fortune. The lady said that she didn't know why the riblets were taken off the menu. I know one thing for sure, I will never stop there again unless they start serving the riblets again. One other thing, I do know for sure and that is I won't be stopping there again.

On Tues 6-14-2016 approximately 12:15 PM Our company visited the Applebee's restaurant in Muncie Indiana. It took well over an hour for our food to arrive and when it did it was not even satisfactory. Due to time restraints we figured we would suffer through it and eat it anyway. Our waitress spilled water on our boss and towards the end of the meal spilled salsa on my white pants. When we arrived back to work we contacted both the assistant manager and the manager who stated all they would do is pay for dry cleaning my pants. On Wednesday I called the corporate office and complained they stated they would be back with us. However, as of this morning Applebee's have made no effort to compensate us for the horrible food and service.

My fiancé and I frequent the Applebee's on Northfield and Rockside in Bedford, Ohio. I've finally had enough. Quite often during the week between 5-10pm there is barely anyone in this place. Maybe five table of customers. The servers are slow as molasses. Last night it was more crowded because of the Cavs game and the server was just as slow. The waitress move like there's nothing to do. We didn't get menus, had to get up and get those ourselves after we were seated. She brought over utensil for me because I had to ask her for it but didn't bring my fiancé utensils. I cannot even begin to tell you all the things that are completely wrong with this place. Love the convenience of the location but I will have to drive 20 miles to go to another one.

A co-worker and I went to lunch at your Altoona Iowa store, and we both ordered a tea drink. They were outrageously priced over $3 each. This is money that I will not spend at your establishment ever again. I can go to a very nice Steakhouse (Johnney's Italian Steakhouse) order lunch, with a beverage included, for only $10 per person. Your store needs to change their pricing a bit to compete with others or you have lost my company's and my personal business. I think a tea drink or coffee or even soda pop, especially at lunch time should only cost a dollar or maybe two.

Took my daughter-in-law and granddaughter for her 4th birthday to Applebee's and was shocked at how the company tried to add money on the tab. First, I would like to say the service was excellent and the food was very mediocre. A lesson in portions and presentation is greatly needed. The company puts a small computer on each table, which was mostly ignored because my granddaughter had some gifts to open, but at the end of the meal she was interested in it and was messing around on it. I saw she was playing a game. I immediately thought, that is a great idea to supply something for kids to do. An incentive to bring your family to Applebee's. Wrong. The company charged the tab for games played. What the hell? If they are going to charge you, they should tell you before the kids get hold of it.

Next, since we just had a birthday celebration, whatever happened to bringing out a token dessert with a candle and the employees singing a quick happy birthday? What no one does that anymore. They asked if we wanted a birthday dessert for her and I said, sure. It didn't make it out to the table, but there it was on the bill. They are going to charge for a four year old to have a birthday dessert? I had them remove both items they tried stick on my bill and will not return. Going to a restaurant now is very different than just five years ago, it is all about mediocre food and making an extra buck off the customer.

I know very well of one hardest working woman at a Applebee's in Philadelphia, PA. She works for 12 to 15 hrs at a time for this store with no lunch break. She can't snack on their food not even a carrot. She works other people positions because they up and quit. No 15 minute breaks because they keep hiring people who don't know how to do their jobs, so she fills in for them. She went to Cordon Bleu Culinary in New Hampshire. With high Grades she went for what she could find and it's Applebee's she gets. They see her work effort and what do she get? Men who won't promote her and she teach other men how to do her job and they all get a pay higher than what she makes. Which she is promised and never see. These people then all leave the company, but she stays hoping for this raise.

She is a single mom and have no one in Philly to help her with her child, so paying out of pocket keeps her in the red. I don't appreciate Applebee's and their treatment toward hard honest working women and the day they see themselves losing more customers than getting customers; maybe they will wake up. Not from Philly, but this particular place is a really bad example of corporate greed and sexual bias. I was told not to give the place address for this girl could be fired so I won't. But Applebee's you need to take on a more caring attitude toward your female staff. Maybe you wouldn't have such a big job turnover every year.

I ordered car side service on May 1st, 2016 and when I got home with it, it was not the Applebee's. It was not the food I was used to from Applebee's. My son does not like Applebee's and I have always backed them cause I love their food. After Sunday night when I ordered from Applebee's I will not order anymore. I spent over $27.00 and it wasn't worth $5.00. The steak was dry and it was well done and I order med. well. I will not be back. Applebee's on 320 S. Ridge Rd., Wichita, KS 67209, phone 316-942-0070.

Went to an Applebee's on Arena Drive in Largo Maryland and they did not have anything I could eat on the menu but I requested to have one of the meals put replace the chicken with tomatoes. Leia ** was the manager who cooked it to my expectations. It was delicious! And it looked great as well. Thank You Applebee's for being able to serve me at this time. The waitress was awesome named Phallen. Thank You!

Slow service at the Applebee's in Brooklyn by Gateway Mall. Also when my food came 40 mins later it was like cold! The waiter was all over the place, didn't feel welcome.

This was the most disrespectful establishment that I have encountered in a long time. This is my hometown and our family decided to meet up at this particular one since our suites were close after burying my mother-in-law. Our waitress was great she just needed help with a party of 30. Some of our party was at the bar and so some migrated to the bar. As we were mingling with other friends and relatives, a waitress by the name of Kaitlyn was coming by to assist other customers stated rudely and loudly "Excuse me!" We allowed her to come on by, then came by again with less professionalism as before and then proceeded to say we need to move and go to lobby to socialize. I then stated that we were drinking and talking with our family and then she continued to be combative and very aggressive. I requested for her to go get her manager. She refused got her purse and walked outside after I shouted that she was rude and disrespectful.

I am 44 years old and have never been disrespected in that manner especially by the help. She could have come back in there with a gun and shot me but she was never asked to leave or to remove herself. She continued to flare up the situation that ultimately almost came to violence. This kind of ignorance and disrespect will not be tolerated at all. I have not been compensated for my dinner or either one of our family members for this rude and scary incident. I really think she was racist.

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Company Profile