1.37/5
Based on 195 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

203 Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 9, 2018

Poor customer Service. Me and my daughter went to dinner at the local Applebee's near our home in West Allis Wisconsin at 2865 S. 108th St. in West Allis, Wisconsin. Graduation Weekend, the evening of June 8, 2018, at 8 pm. My Daughter who has a learning disability ordered an appetizer, was confused about the price of the appetizer and wanted to return the appetizer after paying for it with her credit card, only to be treated poorly and embarrassed by the manager on duty, **. Not only was he rude, he smacked his hand down on her to go order and told her because she used a credit card there was nothing he could do about it, threw his hands up, and walked away. Needless to say my daughter was pretty disappointed, that pretty much ruined our experience and we don't think we'll ever visit that restaurant again.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I arrive at the restaurant at 10:30 PM. I place my order drinks and food. It's now 10:45 PM. We have not received any drinks. The waiter kept say she waiting on the Bar. 10:55 pm No Food or Drinks. The party that sat down after us now have their Food and Drinks. It's Now 11:15 pm. Nothing from our waiter at this time. Another waitress walk past and said, "Ya'll still don't have ya'll Drinks and Food?" We said, "No!!!" 11:20 PM I spoke with the Manager Nadia. She was very Rude, Loud and Ask Me, "What do you want me"!! I stated, "I want this service to be look in to and how my service was." I NEVER RECEIVED MY FOOD or Apologize for the Poor service when should have been upset and Rude. She was yelling at me.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Went to Applebee's against my better judgement. Our server doesn't even ask us for drinks until we were waiting for 10 minutes. Initial order was wrong and had to be sent back. Fries were dry and burger was way too salty. And the worst part? I wake up the next day with a terrible stomach flu. I must have puked up 15 times! I normally don't have any issues eating out but this experience was so bad I had to report it!

Original review: April 2, 2018

Let me start by saying the service was great! The food on the other hand was terrible! I had the potato soup which wasn’t all that good, barely had any potatoes in it. It also wasn’t a big portion. I also got a Caesar salad which was good, but a very small serving as well. My husband got the shrimp stir fry and he said it tasted like a frozen meal. What a waste of our money which was also expensive for what we got!

Original review: March 28, 2018

I used to love coming here, but my last 2 visits have been everything short of great. Tonight we waited 45 minutes for an appetizer, & when we got our food it was cold & we didn’t get the complete order. We waited an extra 15 minutes for the rest of our order. We didn’t get refills the entire evening. Disappointed as this is one of the few “sit down” restaurants in this town. Our server was very nice, but the overall service was not good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applebees?

Original review: March 20, 2018

We ordered a burger medium (told it would be pink), potato soup, French onion soup, pretzels and cheese. The server took our order and didn't come back till after we had a problem and then was gone till we were out of tea and ready to go. The burger was well done. Potato soup was just cheese no potato, the pretzel was overcooked and had no salt on it. Very unsatisfied. When we told them about the potato soup with no potatoes we were told that,s the way it comes.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Went for a couple of drinks with my girlfriend and had the worst service ever. We sat at the bar and didn't even get recognized until after 10 minutes. Worst part about it was they wasn't busy at all and she walked back and forth in front of us like we wasn't even there.

Original review: March 9, 2018

When I arrived at the establishment, I immediately was unhappy with the service. I had to wait two hours for a ** table. Then when I was seated, I got my food and it was colder than an iceberg. These ** is wild as hell. I am never returning. Do better sis.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

3 women went to lunch at the 44th St Applebee's. We all had gift cards. One had somehow not been made active. The GM manager Tony took totally handled the matter so professionally and with great care. The wonderful servicer Jenn was so caring also. Thanks for a really great lunch.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Me and my husband went to Applebee's in St. Joseph location for our first anniversary and it was literally the worst mistake. We orders the 2 for $25 deal, and got wings for appetizer which were amazing BTW. But that's the only thing that was even good. I had finished my bring before the appetizer had been brought out, our server noticed that if I needed a refill and went to get a new one. I wait at least 30 minutes for another drink. She brought my new drink ALONG with the food we order by that time, which was the half rib with fries and garlic mashed potatoes. (It wasn't busy at all by the way) My husband ordered the four cheese noodles with seasoned chicken tenders.

To start off, my fries and potatoes were completely unsalted and nearly cold. The whole thing of ribs was not meat, just fat and not warm. My husband's noodles were way overcook and the whole bowl was filled with what looked like WATER and barely cooked bacon. There was absolutely no kind of cheese on the dish he ordered??? Noodles tastes very plain with no seasoning and the "seasoned" chicken tenders were so small (there were only 2 of them) and barely any meat on them.

We've never been so disappointed, as soon as I finished my cold and gross meal and my husband only took 2-3 bite of his, we were ready to leave. (By the way this is our first time coming here) We took the server we were took and would like to pay and she handed us the receipt and walked away only to return 30 more minutes later while we were waiting with our card already. It would've seemed pretty pointless complaining about the food, knowing we will never come back here. And this is why, when people want to go out to eat and don't leave a tip... it's obviously for a reason and this was a big reason why!! Sincerely a customer who paid $32 of bad service and gross food.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

There was a commercial about riblets being back. I went there for dinner for my 44 wedding anniversary. No riblets at 7:30pm. Order tenders basket. My wife order a steak tendera was 4 to order very small cut. My food was served. My wife about 15 minutes later. When we enter restaurant 25 mins. wait with plenty of empty tables. Never seen manager or asst. No meet and greet. Lanes Ave location Jacksonville, FL Feb. 02, 2017. No receipt given. Paid in cash. I use to be in restaurant management. Can use lot of improvement.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Inside, the menu is good, along with service. It's clean and reasonably quiet. Outside, their car side delivery is great, fast and convenient... Just call it in and pull into the designated area and it's brought out to you.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Visited Applebee's during Birthday dinner. Ordered steak on menu 15.99. No size specifications. Server placed burnt stuck to pan juices and 2 small strips of some kind of meat. I asked for manager he came and said “I don’t see anything wrong with it, it looks like 6 inches”. Left the table, came back later and said ”So you never touched it at all”. I said “Nope”. He credited the ticket. I sit there 3 hours with family with no dinner because he refused to take it back and I wasn’t putting that trash in my mouth.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Ok y'all don't ever eat at the Applebee's on Charleston and Decatur Blvd. I asked for a medium rare steak and they brought me a rare one. So I told the waitress and the manager brought the same exact steak back. All they did was throw it on the grill for a few more minutes. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a health code violation?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I went to have dinner one year ago with my husband at Applebee's, he ordered steak and after finishing it he felt sick all the night. He had nausea and spasms so he decided not to go to Applebees again but the last Halloween I decided to go to have dinner there and I hardly convinced him to go, we had the appetizer first and then l ordered pasta with chicken it was cold and even before finishing it I felt sick and had the same feeling my husband had before!! So this time I decided never to be back again. It was just a scary experience that was suitable for a Halloween day!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Waitress took my order; America burger. She quickly ask how I like my meat, while looking away I said "well done". She walked away. I said wait I want chili cheese on my fries, response ok. Food came. I took a bite into a medium rare burger. I only ate the edges because I had not ate in 5 hours.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Service good. Food was the worst I ever had. From the salad to the burger and don't forget the nasty fries. No words can describe the nasty tasting food I got from Applebee's Spokane Wa. Don't waste your time or money!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I came to town here in Lodi California. My sister and I decided to have dinner at Applebee's and with it being busy Saturday night we decided to seat ourselves in the bar, service was really slow! Food wasn't hot and steak was not that great and bar drinks were kool aid drinks, couldn't taste any liquor at all, and menu price was $5.99 but got charged $7.99 on both drinks and Applebee's would not adjust price so I told them I wouldn't be back and they were fine with that.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Our server never asked about how we wanted our food cooked so my daughter called her back. I told her to make it well well done. I'm ok with it being burnt. My meat wasn't even fully cooked. Outside was a light brown but when I looked inside 85% of the center was still red. Also the menu didn't say onions on it because I don't eat them and yet they were on my meat.

Vomiting and extreme sharp stomach pains currently. When we told the manager she took everyone's plates. Didn't even ask if my daughter was finished with her ribs. I will never eat Applebee's again. The noises coming from my stomach are actually scaring me. They took my burger off the bill. However they put the cheaper appetizer in the two for twenty and charged me for the more expensive appetizer as well as the more expensive 3rd meal. But I guess they get to pick what two meals out of the three. 2 for 20 qualifying meals will be in that 2/20.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

From actually visiting an Applebee’s in Bell Garden, CA and calling customer service relations; my experience with Applebee’s by far the worst in my life. Anthony at the restaurant has poor service, he’s rude and sarcastic! Mariah at human relations needs to learn what it means to have sympathy and understand situations as they may all not be the same. Know I have to wait to speak to the owners, where in the world is this okay?! Applebee’s human relations said it’s up to the franchised owners discretion on a refund. I will never visit any location and will make sure all my friends and family hear about all this negative feedback and my unpleasant experiences, yes experiences!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Hello. I visited the Applebee's in La Vale, Maryland Sunday Oct 15th around 2-3 pm. I ordered ribs. When they arrived I noticed that they were very dry, so I turned them over to find a dirty plastic cup top. It was a large white plastic top. It appeared that the ribs were taken out of the trash. The ribs were not hot but smothered in barbecue sauce. My Fiancée salad appeared to have pinkish toilet paper in it. I told the manager but she just relieved us of paying the bill. I was nauseated and shocked. I felt like that manager should have gotten to the bottom of how these items got into our food. Applebee's was one of my fiancée's favorite restaurant but not anymore.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

We went as a family, to the Applebee's in Medford Oregon. There were 4 adults and 3 kids. The mozzarella sticks were cold, and the chicken in one dish was like rubber, so we sent it back. Another dish was pasta that was almost hard, and so spicy that it was inedible. Two of us ordered hamburgers which were ok, but because the chicken dish was so bad, my daughter sent it back and asked for a hamburger with a fried egg on it as a replacement. When it arrived, it was a barbeque burger, but she ate it anyway because by this time we had been there an hour with 3 kids. All in all it was very far below expectations, and it seems like a trend for this location. We won't be going back any time soon, and if we do, we will order something that's hard to mess up, like a salad.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Went to Seymour Indiana restaurant. The food was terrible. It was cold. The service was also terrible. This is the third time we had stopped travelling at this restaurant and we have had bad service all three times. Never happen again.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Great service. Friendly people. Prompt service. Reasonable pricing. All around experience is always good. Parking can be a problem at times. You may have to park across the street. Restrooms are keep clean.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Went for dinner. Waited while the waiter was outside smoking. Eventually he showed up. Took my order and came back very late. Finally got my food, and on my first drink with it almost empty. He went back out for smoke break again. I had to go to bar for another drink. While at the Bar 5 feet over, they took my food and cleaned the table. I sat back down and the lady continued to walk away. Slightly amazed at this point. Then waiter asked about me needing anything. I did let him know his service was not great. Got a manager and let her know how his service was terrible. She did not like my attitude and immediately pointed out she was a lady and I need to be nicer. She did not want to hear one word about his service. She asked if I needed my check and got it. Glad to see they like to avoid complaints. Applebee's at 39139 Farwell Drive, Fremont, CA 94537.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Service is always impeccable. The staff we have had at most restaurants is always well trained and helpful. But the decision of the FRANCHISE for the MIDWEST is beyond the pale. They have decided to destroy menu items that I have enjoyed for years. The Bourbon Street Steak and the Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp are no longer palatable. As are the Blondie Brownies. All restaurants in the Midwest have had their sizzler plates removed from the premises and are not allowed to use them for fear that someone will get hurt on them. This is completely ridiculous as there is a warning given each time the server places the dish before the diner.

None of these dishes can be eaten without the sizzler option. The butter topping on the steak and shrimp comes out cold. The onions and mushrooms come out limp and barely warm, they are not seared and carbonized like they should be and the red potatoes are not hot and edible. They are warm, and one time I got them they were cold. The Blondie brownies cannot be served on a regular plate as the syrup is poured over the brownie and caramelized on the sizzler plate. This is a WRONG HEADED decision by the MIDWEST FRANCHISE. I will hope they change their minds.

Original review: July 2, 2017

Horrible Applebee's service at my once favorite restaurant. Waited 30 minutes for someone to acknowledge my existence in the restaurant, looked around and saw most staff goofing off and paying no attention to me.

Original review: June 22, 2017

My family and I would go to Applebee's, but on June 21, 2017, we were disrespected and treated poorly. The manager ** shouted at us and refused to give his business card. He was talking to another table about us. He yelled at me and told me to leave the restaurant if we did not like this restaurant. I was a customer regularly and the servers know us. I need this manager to be reviewed and he has bad attitude. He shouted out loud towards us and told us we could not ask for business card. The manager must respect a customer and ** did not do this. I want this incident to be reviewed and I will not be going here again and I will not recommend anyone else to go here. The address of this incident is 555 Saratoga Ave. San Jose, CA 95129.

Original review: May 8, 2017

Have always liked Applebee's before, but if this was my first time there, it would be my last. Took a really long time, at least 45 minutes to get our food, and then the French fries were not hot, and the fish was really, really greasy. Had to ask for extra napkins so I could blot the fish to remove some of the grease. Very unappealing. Also, I think they should bring the RIBLETS back! Big loss for me when they took those off the menu.

Original review: April 21, 2017

When I went to this Applebee's at 1776 Eastchester Rd, Bx, NY, 10461 I ordered 6 things. I was wondering why it cost so much but when I got home I realized why they didn't give me the regular menu, therefore, I didn't get the option to order 2 for $20 or 2 for $26. I contacted Applebee's corporate headquarters around 10 times and was ASSURED each time that somebody would contact me and nobody didn't. I took them to small claims court. They didn't show up and I still lost the case. NEVER EVER WILL I PATRONIZE OR GO TO ANY APPLEBEE'S ANYWHERE EVER AGAIN. I don't do business with companies who don't care about their customers! This is one of the main reasons why so many business are going out of business. They do give a darn about their customers. And as for Applebee's their selection now for 2 for 20/$2 for $26 is only chicken which I don't eat. They don't even offer steak on that menu now. Cheap buzzards!

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Company Information