2. Shopping

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar

3.2/5 (274 ratings)

About Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applebees?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

2 curbside orders were placed at the Applebees on Hwy 138 in Stockbridge, Ga on Nov. 13th. When the time arrived for our orders to be ready, we had to call in for someone to bring out our order although we selected and were parked in curbside. I did not receive an item in my order and I contacted managers for about 4 days to get a resolution. 2 different managers informed the a gift card or refund would be provided. It is over 3 weeks later and I have received nothing. Not a replacement for the missing food item, not a refund/ gift card. I also contacted Applebees customer relations for days and still have received no resolution. Do not solicit the Applebees on Hwy 138 in stockbridge, Ga. They falsely advertise curbside pickup, they don't give you the items that you paid for, they lie and say that they are providing resolution and do nothing about it, and they take your money.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I ordered our dinner from Applebee's today. The food was terrible. First of all, the chicken was dry and hard as cardboard. It was cold inside. We ordered cheeseburger. The beef was still pink inside (not fully cooked). We have to throw that away afraid of getting sick from eating it. The portion size was like kid size menu but it was charged full price. I had bad experience with Applebee's before and thought I would give it another chance this time. It was a big mistake!!!! Waste of money and time and ruin my dinner.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I have been ordering the Oriental Chicken Salad with fried chicken for at least 10 years. It is always the same and I love it. Today, I ordered it and the chicken was completely different. It was heavily breaded and too salty. I have always been happy with Applebee's in general, but I wish you would go back to the other chicken.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I had just got off work. Decided I would get dinner at Applebee’s Alcoa Tennessee Alcoa Highway. I am a diabetic and being a nurse and being with patients all day you kinda forget about eating and tending to your own needs. I pulled up at the curbside to go. I started feeling my blood sugars was really low. The curbside girl Van comes out to get my card and looks at me and immediately ask was I ok. I looked at her and said my blood sugars are low but I’ll be fine. I must have looked like I was going to pass out and she runs inside brings me cup of Coke, stands there with me for a couple of minutes.

She went back inside, got my food, made me promise her I wouldn’t leave until she came back out to check on me and I did by that time I was feeling better my blood sugars had came up from her cold cup of Coke. I so appreciate her cause anything could’ve happened. So I’m saying she saved my life. Diabetes is a tricky medical condition and she knew just what to do thank you Alcoa Tennessee Alcoa Highway Applebee’s for having such an outstanding employee such as Van. Every time I come through I look forward to seeing her and she knows my voice. Every time I call please make sure she gets recognized. My family and I appreciate her so much.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Waited 29 minutes for food after ordering. Waitress was nonexistent throughout meal. Drink was empty, no refill offered. Waited 21 mins for check, had to ask waitress passing by for to go box. Never again!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I used to enjoy going to Applebee's...not anymore! None of the food had any flavor....the only good part of our visit was our waitress who was great and the food was cooked properly...but had no flavor at all! I paid almost $60 plus tip (over 20 percent because it wasn't the waitresses fault) for food that we didn't even finish! I will probably never go back.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I ordered the rib eye medium rare. It was cooked medium rare, but it was full of grizzle and fat with little flavor. I’ve eaten roast beef that was more tender and flavorful. I had to spit many bites into my napkin, they were inedible. I paid $20 for that! I wish I would have known I could add onions and mushrooms. It would have made it much more palatable.

The service wasn’t horrible but it was apparent that they were understaffed. Our appetizer showed up at the same time as the meal. I ate as much as I could since I was famished, but it was clearly the worst steak I’ve ever had. The potatoes weren’t horrible but lacked flavor. The broccoli came with nothing on it. No butter was offered. My daughter ordered the whiskey burger and had no complaints. Applebees is in the middle of a huge advertising campaign… I expected better. I am very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

My dad, daughter and I always go out to eat. It’s kind of our thing, & Applebee's is our thing… (I know it’s pretty mediocre but yea.) Anyway we walked in and it was a group of associates standing at the entrance, had to be at least 7/8 associates. NOT ONE PERSON ACKNOWLEDGED US. And on top of that they looked at us and didn’t say hi and continued their conversation like we wasn’t standing there. I cannot.

Original review: July 1, 2021

Stopped in yesterday early evening for dinner with my brother and his wife. The restaurant was not at all busy but the traffic seemed steady. We waited 9 minutes before our presence was acknowledged by a server. I ordered fish and chips and was immediately informed there was no tartar sauce. I said if mayo was available it would suffice. My brother ordered shrimp and my sister-in-law ordered a salad. The food arrived 17 minutes later. Silverware was not delivered with the meal and we waited another 6 inured for that. My sister-in-law was supposed to get a bread stock, but it never arrived. I never got the mayo either.. I had to go to another table for ketchup and mustard. We were never offered a refill on our beverages. In fact the server never stopped at our table to ask whether everything was ok.

At the conclusion of the eval we waited another 7 minutes and had to ask for our check. The total meal was approximately $45. I left a $2 tip and a not indicating my dissatisfaction with the service. Normally I tip 25% for passable service and have been known to tip 50% for excellent service. Upon paying the bill the server did apologise for the wait but it was too little, too late. I had heard they were going out of business and believe that this level of service may be a contributing factor. The other mystery is being out of tartar sauce. My brother is a former restaurant owner and he said he would have immediately sent someone across the street to get some from the local grocery store. It's a sad story.

Original review: June 24, 2021

Mediocre at best. I've eaten there 3 times, really bad experience each time. Small portions, meat was dry and overcooked (very thin 8 oz steaks), and everything was so over-salted it was nearly inedible. Some people seem to like this! Go figure.

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Company Information