2. Shopping

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.24/5

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applebees?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

We were celebrating our Anniversary. We ordered drinks. My water glass was dirty. I could see it looked like it hadn't been washed, inside and out. Before I could ask for a clean glass while we were waiting on our food I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I turned and it was a mouse! I got up. My husband got up proceeding to the door. The waiter was coming with our food. I told him we're sorry but there is a mouse and we're out of here. We left!

Original review: July 26, 2020

Today, July 26, 2020 I picked up an order from Applebee's Restaurant on 28th Street, Kentwood, MI. I waited far too long for the disgusting food I got. The ribs were apparently left over from a week or so ago, as they were black on the back, and the meat was tougher than rawhide. A small side note, why do they choose to put the "hand wipe packets" in with the ribs. They were the most sauce covered item in the container. I won't be going back. The service keeps getting worse. Clearly management no longer cares about quality.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2020

Had to wait 45 minutes at front with 5 waitresses standing at front desk. Was told they were waiting on a waitress. Finally got to table and waited another 15 minutes for food. They brought it out one meal at a time. Finally got everyone’s food out and had no eating utensils. Got utensils and was asked if we wanted a napkin. Food was cold by the time everyone’s food came out. Had to ask for salt and pepper. On top of all this waitress was wearing mask under her chin. Music was so loud you couldn’t hear yourself think. Asked to have it turned down and they said they couldn’t. All this is true. At the Applebee’s on Windsor Spring Rd Augusta Ga.

Original review: March 15, 2020

Young lady behind the bar (dark hair and glasses) came to our table and asked us for our drink order. My husband received his iced tea and water. After about 15 minutes I asked if my drink was coming and her flippant response was "It's coming. You need to wait". Another 15 minutes goes by and I asked again with the response, "You need to wait". I will never eat there again even though it had been my favorite place. Drink specials are great, as is the food. After a hand count of about 10 people total so she was not that busy. One bad apple spoils the rest.

Roxanne

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Today, to be more exact an hour ago I ate with my wife at this Applebee's Restaurant located in Doral FL. We ordered the two course offer for $ 26.00 including a ticket. We ordered Alfredo Pasta With Broccoli and an Oriental Salad, when the food arrived, the pasta was good, but the salad was a disaster. After stirring it, I started eating it after finding about 3 bites, which was pure topping of crispy sticks and I felt in my mouth that the only thing I ate was that. I made the comment to the waiter and asked to change the salad and please bring it with the separate topping. He told me he would call the manager, which never happened. After 10 minutes he took my dinner to bring me the same plate making it clear that he was giving me a plate of new salad completely scrambled.

My surprise was huge when I claimed that he had asked for the salad without topping and told me that the manager had cleaned my salad and that I saw that I had less topping. I was really shocked. Of course I didn't accept the dish and asked for the bill and talk to the manager who never showed up to show me my face. They forced me to pay a bill complete with an incomplete dinner and shameful attention. In the end the waiter told me that the manager did not want to change my salad because I had already tried it.

SIRS, that's what they serve at Applebee's, food made reluctantly and they probably put their hand in it and other things to fix their claim if their food is not served as it should be. Take precautions if you are going to eat at this site. I report my case to the food authorities to whom it may concern, since your kitchen should be checked to determine the degree of hygiene they have in that place. DO NOT EAT IN THAT RESTAURANT, IS NOT RECOMMENDED.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I went to Applebee’s after getting my teeth cleaned yesterday around 8pm 1/24/20 and my wife I ordered our food as usual like any restaurant. First off I should say the minute I walked in the door we saw straw wrappers and paper all over the floor so I already sensed something was up but I just ignored it and figured a party had just left. Anyways so my wife ordered a bacon cheeseburger and I ordered the 8oz sirloin steak, garlic mash potatoes and broccoli topped with grilled shrimp. Sounded tasty to me. So my wife got her burger and fries and it all was ok but not great.

Then I got my meal with another under the main plate. Kind of weird but I just ignored it. So I go to cut into my steak and it was barely even cooked. There was blood on my plate too. So I ask my waiter to have it re-cooked b/c for one I asked for a well done steak and this ain’t even close. So I waited and finally got my steak and meal back and I see they added some white sauce that covered my steak. So I ask the guy, "What’s up with the sauce? I never asked for any sauce and your menu doesn’t show sauce as being a part of the steak." He come up with some excuse saying that we thought you’d like this extra sauce. Then I said, "Let me check the steak." I cut into it and it’s still barely cooked. I said, "Aight man. It is now an hour that I have waited for food and I’m gonna need to talk to your manager."

15 minutes go by and nothing. I then wave him over and he says, "I’ll go get the manager." He come back 10 minutes later and says, "Your meal is on us and have a nice day." I’m like what???? He pays for my wife’s hamburger but never brings me another well done cooked steak. Absolutely no communication and the manager wouldn’t come out to talk. So I know what they did. They didn’t charge us b/c they wanted no proof of this bad service. Well I wasn’t gonna not let the consumer know of this and be warned that this restaurant has bad cook and horrible service and a manager that won’t deal with problems.

I will never go back to Applebee’s. It’s just not worth the chance especially when I’m hungry. I hate giving reviews but I felt obligated to review this horrible experience. From the looks of it I don’t think Applebee’s is gonna be around for much lunch if they keep going down this path. I’ll be hitting a real restaurant going forward like Outback steak house or Chili’s, etc. Applebee’s is trash at this point and highly recommend you go to a different restaurant so you can save yourself from this type of experience. If I could of put 0 stars I would of.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Tonight my parents and I went to your restaurant located in North Spokane Washington. We got there about 5:30-ish and waited for a table. We placed our drink and food order with the server by the name of Amber. As we waited we chatted and discussed the day's events. It had been about 20 minutes and still no service. A short time later my mother's salad arrived and then our Spinach-Artichoke dip about 10 minutes later. We are at about 30 minutes in to our order. Other guests have received their food and are eating.

The manager comes over, greets us and apologizes for the delay in our order. We are all understanding and continue to wait. 10 minutes later our server comes over and says that our food should be right out. 5 minute later my parents' food arrives a little on the cold side and another 2 or so minutes my buffalo wings arrive. We started to eat and our server came over and asked if I would like another order of wings and I said, "Yes please." As we are finishing our meals an order of wings comes out. The order was, sadly wrong as it was BBQ and not Buffalo. The server tried to find out what happened and apologized about the mix up and asked me if I wanted the fresh order of wings. I politely declined as dinner was over and I had to get my parents, which I should add they are in their mid and late 70's, home.

The server then proceeded to present the ticket on the touchscreen. Something my 78 year old father does not know how to use. She help run the card through the machine but gave no assistance to my parents on what to do and what buttons to push. I could not see the screen so I could not help them with the transaction. Before I knew it a 20% tip was added to the bill. This was not what my father wanted and yes obviously he hit the wrong button, granted. When the server returned he asked the server to remove the charges from his card and before we could give her further instruction she sped off and to do something. She returned with the tip removed from the card but had rerun the card and place the total on the card once again. This was something my father did not want to happen. Sadly she did not stick around, as I said before, to hear the rest of the instruction and that he was going to pay in cash.

My father told her to go back and reverse the charges once again as we had already started to lay cash out on the table in plain sight. She clearly did not understand what was happening and both my father and her became agitated due to the situation and one not understanding what one was being asked of her. She said, "So do you want me to split up the check?" My father said, "No I want to remove the charge off my card completely." She still was not understanding what my father was asking her. He, my father, said sarcastically, "No I want to put half on my card and half in cash. Just reveres the charges and get the payment off the card." She stammered and started to argue with my father and stating that "You don't have to be rude about this."

I was about to ask her to just get her manager to take care of the situation. It was at that point in time she threw the receipts at my father and stormed off. That was completely uncalled for, and completely disrespectful. As we sat there waiting for some sort of resolution to this situation, I could hear her almost yelling at her manager about what had happened. I was more than a little disturbed by this to the point where I was going to say something to the manager. She disrespects my father and then has the gall to go to her manager and chew him out. I can not imagine how embarrassed he was about everything.

The manager came over completely calm and tried to smooth things over. In my opinion he did the best he could but it was not enough. The damage had been done. Your server should be fired or at the very least placed on unpaid leave, demoted to a dishwasher and retrained on how to speak to guest and to speak to her manager. I know what would happen if I did such a thing in my profession. I would be looking for another job. Skill is important, Reputation is essential. The motto of the company I work for and it is exactly true. Our tab was $64.08 and the food and the service was not with that price. We did pay the check but did not leave a tip, as she did not deserve it nor should she be allowed to serve other elderly customers as this will happen again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

My son was in to visit for Christmas, from California, so he took me there to have dinner. They only had 2 different steaks, and mine was overdone, and could hardly chew it. They had no baked potatoes, so ordered fries that had pepper on them. My son ordered bbq ribettes; supposedly boneless. But did have bones, and slaw that he asked for certain dressing, and got none. I wasn't offered bread and I asked about it, and just got regular sliced bread. Also ordered coffee, and it took 30 minutes to get. One last thing, the waitress was someone that just kept apologizing. But never did anything about the problems.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I went to Applebee's on 12/11/2019. Went to pick up my order. When I was checking my order noticed that they put the garlic bread in top of the pasta. I ask the waitress if I could get a fresh breadstick beachside. By the time I bring my mom the food the breadstick is going to be really bad and saggy. The waitress said, "Ok here I give you the paper glass put that bread in this glass and I will give you another one!" I am like really? I have to put my hands on somebody else food. I don’t think so. She said then is going to be a dollar something. I don’t remember exactly how much because she got me so mad. Then the manager came in the rudest non customer service skills whatsoever.

He said, "The meal comes that way and we can not be asking everyone 'How would you like your meal to come? No breadstick or would you like together?'" He said, "Don’t tell that we did this wrong". I explain to him what happen with the waitress and he didn’t acknowledge nothing I said. There is something that needs to be done about that horrible staff. WOW incredible. I am so disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

It’s sad when you order and go pick it up and it’s missing the side and bacon. I ordered the chicken bacon cheddar with broccoli. No broccoli and no bacon hence it’s called “ chicken bacon”. What gets me is the person checking the food. Obviously my order wasn’t checked. Call the restaurant and spoke with the manager Jeff. He was rude until I demanded some of my money back. I won’t be wasting my gas and time to go to this Applebee’s again. I took a picture but not sure how to upload it.

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Company Information