2. Shopping

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.28/5

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Reviews

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

I ordered from a mix and match type menu. I ended up ordering the French Onion Soup and the spicy honey tenders. What a joke for the price!!! I'd rather spend $10 at McDonald's! It was like eating off the kids menu!!! I could count how many fries I got on 3 hands. Those were at least fresh. The onion soup was almost passable. I took 2 bites of the smallest and driest frozen fried chicken tenders. Quality is not there and you should be ashamed of yourselves for your portion size! Over Priced!!! I'll never be back. Like I said ~ I'd rather spend my money at McDonald's or a local small business. Good Luck!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I am never the one to do this. But, here I go. My boyfriend and I just got back from Lexington KY where our son was born. WE had an appointment there. We came back to Ashland which is our home. We went to our local place we love to eat. As we are seated we ask for the most helpful server. He moves us table, as we are gathering our belongings no one is around us besides the server we requested and a lady who has short hair tattoos, and a bandaid on the side of her face is where I guess her eyebrow is done.

As we are moving our server brings us our card and money. We go to pay for our dinner that we took our son to because he had a big day at his appointment getting blood taken and he was so good!! so we rewarded him. As we are counting our money and going to pay, we come up with missing 200$. I call the manager and she says she will ask, she calls me back and says he doesn't have it, and she doesn't believe her staff would do that. Well, okay lady!!!! We shall see in the morning when I file a police report and watch the Cams. :)

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

When I shut you down, You're Out. I give you a chance to change it, but only one chance. I'll make it short and to the point. The Bartender clipped my Friend for about 30.00. (Never Pay Cash in Here.) Didn't even say they were sorry. Not a care in the world about their customer. On top of that I go in a day later to get something to eat and tell the manager about how they did my friend, and by mistake, leave a stamped envelope on the table and left. Called back, and asked them if they would kindly put that letter in their outgoing mail, and what do think. They said they saw it, but threw it in the trash. Not sorry with that either. THAT WAS THE LAST TIME THEY EVER GET A CHANCE TO TREAT ME OR MY FRIENDS THAT WAY EVER AGAIN. COUNT ON IT..! I gotta give it to them though, They have nerves of Steel. No more for me anywhere they are. One System can and does ruin it for all The rest. SHAME.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Bartender spits and licks cups of customers who do not tip. When management was told of such an offense, they said she has working there for a long time, oh well. This was very disturbing to know. I will not be dining at the Thorndale Applebees again.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I did an online order for Applebee's curbside service. First, we were told it is ready at 12:15pm. Then we got there on time and had to wait about 30 minutes. Then when we ate the food, the steak was undercooked and should have been well done and coleslaw had no sauce, very dry! I gave them a 2 instead of 1 because the ribs were good and plentiful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applebees?

Original review: July 15, 2019

First you should know we have in the past thought of Applebee's as one of our favorite places to eat! On Sunday July 14 we got to Applebee's at 12:15 and there were only 12 people in the restaurant, there was food on my seat I cleaned off, our waiter came right away and brought our drinks, took our order. We waited and waited for the salads. Finally asked another waitress to check for us. We got the salads right away but no silverware so we got another waiter to get us silverware. We ate the salads. Customers were starting to arrive 3 parties to be exact in our area. They were all served beverages, appetizers etc and we still had no entrees. When these folks were served their main courses we asked and were told ours should be up soon as they were really busy in the kitchen.

When finally they arrived one was cold, everything, it must have been setting somewhere and he got a baked potato not mashed and his steak was overcooked and tough. Mine was the bourbon chicken and shrimp and was hot and delicious. We shared my dinner and took the cold one home. All to say we were very disappointed and frustrated with the service. Also, it was the very first time we noticed how dusty and unkept the booths were. It just was not as clean as we were used to seeing at Applebee's in Ellenton. Thank you for listening.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I would love to give this place nothing, but it makes you give anyone at least one star. We have been to this location multiple times and have had okay service. Today we went to Crapalbees for a late lunch early dinner. The restaurant was dead and I counted 17 tables including the bar area that had customers. Meaning that it’s not busy! Believe I have the time because we waited 5 minutes to be seated. Then once we were sat it took over 15 minutes until the time we left the restaurant. During this 15 minutes not one person approached us or said anything.

I looked four of your employees in the eyes as well as my wife and daughter wondering why we were not served? That is when I counted how many table are filled. Lastly, when we were leaving I carried our menus up to the front, since you guys needed the help and saw a couple of people walking out right behind us after waiting up front for service. My family will not be returning to Crapalbees anytime soon.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Service fine, way too noisy for my tastes. Ordered their steak. Cooked medium rare, but it required minutes to chew each bite. Not Prime meat. Mashed potatoes mediocre. Green beans overcooked. Asked for for Black Bacardi, none. Cooking just above McDonald's.

Original review: July 8, 2019

***Terrible Managerial Experience**** I stopped in for lunch to get a light lunch. There was a new waitress there. She took my drink and lunch order. I wanted the lunch special classic + signature. The new waitress entered my order wrong and they brought out full order portions. Not thinking anything was off, I ate my lunch but couldn't finish the food. It was a little over half left that was uneaten, so I asked for a boxes. When the new waitress brought me the pay slip, it was about $30. I was like wait it should be about $15 with drinks given the lunch special.

The new gal got a more seasoned waitress to come look over the order and resolve the matter. I explained that my intention was for the lunch special and was being charged full size order. She apologized and said she will need to consult with her MANAGER. The MANAGER made the decision that he will correct the issue if I gave back half the uneaten order. Of course the manager didn't want to come talk to me directly. The waitresses came back to me and broke me the news. I was like "What!". The waitresses felt bad telling me this. They too disagreed with the decision but said I had to give back the leftovers.

I was upset but knew it was just a honest communication mistake. It happens but super surprised how the manager handle it. Taking back leftover food, what message are you sending about Applebees. Clearly the waitress were in uncomfortable situation. I told the waitress not to worry about it. I'm not mad at them. I'll leave the leftovers so they can correct it and tip them the difference. I ending up leaving $30, the leftovers and told them to correct it. Long story - short. empower your waitresses and waiters. Improve managerial decisions training. Thanks To the two waitresses for being professionals about it.

Original review: July 2, 2019

We visited the Auburn, MA Applebee's last night only to find that the menu has changed yet again. Our favorite meal was no longer included in the two-for-$ menu. Looking at the menu we found that everything was now more expensive. My husband asked the waitress if the haddock was fresh or frozen. She said fresh for sure. It was not. He was unhappy with his meal. The service was not very good. When we finished nobody brought the check or helped us with the stupid computer to pay our bill. Applebee's is no longer our favorite restaurant and we probably will not go there again because of constantly changing menus, higher prices on everything, and poor service.

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar Company Information