1.45/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Wells Fargo

Looking for a mortgage lender?

2803 Wells Fargo Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I went into the the Woodstock Branch in Towne Lake (Georgia), Shaun ** assisted me. Most people only take the time to write bad reviews but I wanted to take the time to say he was very friendly and helpful and I will definitely be sending others into this branch. From the minute I walked in the door the lady who assisted me, to the teller who finalized closing out my out, the whole staff is so friendly and helpful. This branch goes above and beyond and truly cares about the customer experience. 5 stars!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Wells Fargo has made huge efforts to re-establish their customers' faith by totally re-vamping their sales strategy and taking accountability for any/all past mistakes. I have seen much improvement in their authentication methods with a focus on privacy and security. Despite the whole fiasco a few years ago I was confident in that they would do the right thing and use the situation as a learning experience. It’s not to say that the issue would not happen again and I believe any/all companies are subject to the same type of issues Wells Fargo has experienced without proper account safety protocols in place to try and circumvent situations such as what Wells Fargo has experienced.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2019

CAME TO THE NEW PROVIDENCE BRANCH OF WELLS FARGO. MET WITH MARY **. MS. ** WAS THE CONSUMMATE PROFESSIONAL. Explained everything down to smallest detail. No pressure, no hurries, no worries. Our loan was approved in 30 minutes. Ms. ** is truly a person you want to deal with. Knows her job right down to the last word. Customer service is a lost art, but not with Ms. **. She has renewed my faith in dealing with people who say they care and want to to help and that is exactly what she did. In closing I want to say thank you to Mary ** for being the warm, caring individual that she is.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

We were visiting the Nashville location and we met Chris **, the Vice President/Manager. We had a wonderful experience and cannot express how great he treated us. We watched him have a personal relationship with every customer that walked in the door. He took a good 5-10 minutes getting to know us and helping us in every way possible. With Wells Fargo being such a large corporation THIS is the type of management you should have. Thank you Chris ** for setting the atmosphere of your workplace to be wonderful!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I really & truly think that Wells Fargo is the best bank. I have never had an issue since with anything negative since I first opened my checking account back in 2010. I have only nice things to say about Wells Fargo. Anytime I have ever had a discrepancy, whether it be on my online statement or with an unauthorized charge on my debit card, Wells Fargo always takes care of it and never gives me any hassle about it whatsoever and I appreciate that and truly feel like they are on my side. It’s a good feeling.

Since I have a checking and a savings account with Wells Fargo and since I use my debit card at least ten times a month for purchases, I haven't paid for checking in years. They have ATMs located all across America & the new ATMs even give you a choice on what denominations of bills you want from the machine, even $5.00 bills! Just make sure if you leave the country you have enough cash in the bank to cover your needs (especially in the Southern part of Mexico) because they do not always have branch locations or ATMs available where you can deposit cash if you should need to. I’m unsure why this bank has such a ‘bad rap’ and such a low star rating. I ❤️ Wells Fargo!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I was mislead on the closing amounts, title fees, and the “thank you” gift card amount. When I reported this to Wells Fargo, they said they listened to all the recordings between the mortgage consultant and myself and found that only the gift card amount was misrepresented by the consultant. So why would I lie about the closing amount? Why would I lie about being mislead on the title fees? I’m not asking for any recompense. I’m looking for ownership of Wells Fargo for their mistakes but instead they pretty much call me a liar. They said they didn’t hear on the recordings in discrepancy on closing amount. I highly doubt they listened to over ten calls from the beginning or the end. They need to train their staff better so that they know what they’re doing and they need to be held accountable for their mistakes. I hands down give a one star for the whole experience.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I didnt receive any alert about pending transactions on my checking. And they mysteriously were posted "yesterday"s date. I have money on my other checking accounts and I would transfer money to that account if I would receive any notification, but they just posted a transaction on my checking in the middle of night and dont wanna refund overdraft fee that they charged me!!! What they said that I can setup "overdraft protection" so I will pay 12.99 instead of 35!!! Really??

So they charge $35 for (-12) on my account, just because they wanna make you pay 12.99 for overdraft protection where they do absolutely nothing but transferring money from one your account to your other account. Idk how it can be even legal!!! And it is not first time when they show their "not appreciation" to me as a client who is keeping money in their bank and using their credit card and 1 personal and 2 business checking. I would go elsewhere far far away from this "company".

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Wells Fargo will not accept a cash deposit to a friend's (who is out of town for an extended period) account. The cash is money collected for the friend for rental property. They claim "security concerns", however research reveals they and other big banks (Bank of America, Chase, etc) are actually adopting this policy in order to reduce use of physical locations and encourage use of online banking (reduce number of employees) to increase income. Another example of large corporations reducing customer service in order to increase profits. USE LOCAL BANKING!!! (Frost, Prosperity, area Credit Unions, etc.) Show Wells Fargo and the other big banks that they work for customers. Customers do not work for them!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I have all my accounts in Wells Fargo since 1994, business, line of credit savings, brokerage account and credit cards always in very good standing. Suddenly last week without a notice they close all my credit cards and my line of credit without any notice or explanations. My credit score is 810 (excellent) is no reason to close my accounts. Now I have to start over in another bank but I feel very bad after almost 30 years this start to happen, very unprofessional.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Wells Fargo notified me that there were fraudulent charges on my card. Very long story made short they held me accountable for them. They admitted that they were not mine. I know it sounds crazy but it is absolutely true. Never deal with this bank. They are thieves.

Wells Fargo expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Wells Fargo was founded in 1852 in New York City. The bank is known for its financial services throughout the western part of the country during the gold rush. Today, Wells Fargo serves both U.S. and international customers at physical locations and online.

• Divisions: Wells Fargo operates through three branches—personal, small business and commercial.

• Personal banking services: The company offers banking, loans, credit, insurance, investing, retirement and wealth management products.

• Online banking: The electronic banking services include online banking, bill pay, statements, fund transfers and mobile banking.

• Fraud protection: Wells Fargo's Fraud Information Center is committed to protecting their customers, offers an online security guarantee and account alerts. Additionally, Wells Fargo teaches customers how to report and protect themselves from fraud and identity theft.

• Wealth management services: The company’s money management services include wealth planning, private banking, investment management, specialized wealth services and trust services.

• Financial education: Wells Fargo has a robust educational portal with information about basic finance, credit, home ownership, investing, retirement and insurance.

• Rewards: Consumers with a Wells Fargo’s “Go Far Rewards” card accrue travel, gift cards, downloads, merchandise and other benefits.

• Best for: Wells Fargo offers suitable banking products for all consumers.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg