Wells Fargo

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Wells Fargo is the worse bank. The most sneaky. We trust financial institutions with our money but this one don't. I will make a transaction, it will go through. Money subtracted from your account sit in pending for 2-3 days. Or show at first then disappear and then reappear which cause overdraft. Example paid electric bill on Monday. Balance to begin with was $170. Bill was $167. Sit in pending until Wednesday 12 am. Added $20 on Tuesday. Now I am overdraft of $138. Please tell me how you call the bank. They feed you some bull. Have you thinking you're crazy. I should not have to screenshot my bank statement to prove they cannot be trusted. I stopped my paycheck from to the bank and still have issues. They charge you overdraft and take your money. They have to be stopped.

They got caught once for being sneaky, they should be shut down. Now it's happening to my daughter who is away in college. If you look at your account balance that should be correct if money is subtracted from your account. I don't care if sits in pending for a month. There is no reason you should get overdraft and especially if you never ask for it. Please stop this bank!!!

Wells Fargo is one of the worse bank I have been dealing with in years. I applied for an Investment loan to purchased a small warehouse the asking price $95.000 of dollars with a 30% down payment. After 3 months dealing with all the requirement and stupidity that the agent asked me for it, my application was under the review of the underwriter or the division lending manager Jim **, which call me a few days later to tell me that he can't approved my loan because he feel it was some red flag with my deal.

Mr. ** was unable to determine assurance for my ability to repay the loan, I have an income of $168,000, a house value of $648.000 and $70.000 in my bank account and another 71.000 on my 401 plan. I have not credit card bill. Are you kidding me. Anyway meanwhile I went to TD Bank and I got approved within 3 days. Wells Fargo worse bank EVER!!!!

I wish I could give zero stars or negative stars. In January Wells Fargo decided, without telling me, to turn all my stock shares that they were holding over to the state of Oregon. That is, they took the shares out of my account and told me they were with the State; multiple calls with the State have determined that WF is still sitting on those shares. In the meantime, Wells Fargo has given me non-information, misinformation, conflicting information, a huge runaround, put me on hold for longer than they've spent on the phone with me, and a lot of attitude. "Those funds are with the state of Oregon." Actually, I have a representative from the state of Oregon on the phone with me, and she is flatly denying everything you say.

"You need to provide certain information (the amount on the report issued sending the shares to the State)."How do I get that information? "You need to submit a request for a line-item report." I send in the request. Do I get what I asked for? No, I get two invitations to open a new account with WF. Uh, no thanks. Wait, here's another letter! "You need to send a $35 research fee to have your request answered." This sounds to me like extortion, but the stocks total thousands of dollars (and would have totaled more, given the bull run that's going on, if WF hadn't sent them into limbo!) so I send in the check. "That information we told you that you needed to get from a line item report? It isn't part of the line item report. Oh, but we cashed your check for $35 anyway." Well, what???

WF customer disservice rep refuses to tell me what's going on, where my stocks are, when I can get them back, tells me I'm just going to have to wait for WF to give up the stocks it's been sitting on for over three months now, saying only, "I've answered your question." I point out that she hasn't; she hangs up. Thanks for nothing, Pamelita. When this nightmare is over, I will not only close my account with these lying and rude incompetents, I am going to encourage all my family members to do the same. Final word? Stay as far away from Wells Fargo as you can get.

I received a loan from Wells Fargo for an engagement ring from Shane Co. I've been making payments for the last year and the balance of the principal hasn't changed. I originally signed up for the 6 months no interest rate where I had every intention of paying it off. Within that time period my mother suffered from health issues which caused her to need money. Paying for her medical bills was more important than paying my engagement ring so I continued to pay the required amount each month to Wells Fargo but I couldn't pay it all in 6 months.

After the 6 month period ended, I called Wells Fargo to explain my situation. They basically said that there's nothing they could do and that I'll have to pay a very high interest rate since I didn't pay it off in 6 months. Now I'm paying $180 in interest along with the monthly payment. I have to fight them each month on charging ridiculous fees to my account. This loan has dropped my credit score from 750 to 580. Basically this loan has ruined me financially. I would warn anyone who plans to do business with Wells Fargo to go to any bank other than them. This was absolutely the worst mistake I've made.

On 4 separate occasions, I've called Wells Fargo's Customer Service. Each time, I received the worst customer service ever. Each time, the person didn't know the answer. Put me on hold. Came back. Another question. Put me on hold again. Came back. This last time, the person never came back to the phone. I hung up. Wells Fargo is too big. That's the issue. The employees are not well trained anymore. I'm to the point where I no longer wish to bank with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

I had the funds in my account that a company returned immediately and I checked it. It was there the same day. I said, "Good... I can pay my car insurance now since my balance went back up." So, the next morning Wells Fargo (Fraudo) put a negative in my account when I did my calculations thoroughly and even saw my balance went back up (like they didn't see I was watching). This company I won't say their name, gave me all that money back. Wells Fargo is stealing from its customers or borrowing money from them. My hardworking money needs not to be played with. What's the point of having a bank when you can't even trust them with a dime.

This Man tells me, "Wait until tomorrow around 1:00 and check to see if it's there or for more fees." Is he kidding me? More fees? Are you calling me a liar! That's a slap in my face and then he keeps cutting me off like he doesn't want to hear it... and continues to say I can file a complaint if it's not there. I've been with them long enough and I am done! This has got to be the worstest. All they do is maximize their chances to steal from its customers using overdrafts. And if you're not careful, you can be a victim too. I'm switching and closing after this gets taken care of. I'm so disappointed with them. I'll never trust them with "my money" again.

My wife and I opened a checking account with Wells Fargo over a year ago. When we signed up for the account, they said we would have to be put on a probationary account because our previous bank that we had been with for over eight years did not report our banking history and after six months if there were no problems with our account it would automatically be upgraded to a normal checking account. This probationary account included a $300 dollar a day limit on ATM transactions, $500 a day limit on debit card transactions (which makes bills more difficult to pay) and you could not make mobile deposits or deposit checks at ATM's. We decided to go ahead with it figuring we could make it work for six months.

The person signing us up for the account also asked us if we wanted a savings account with the bank as well, but we declined several times due to already having a savings account with a much higher interest rate elsewhere. He ended up signing us up for one anyways without our knowledge, and even setting up $25 a month automatic deposits from our linked checking account. We closed the account as soon as we could. We deposited a cashiers check from our previous bank into the checking account for the opening in the amount of $1700 and they placed a hold on it for 14 days, even though it was from another national bank.

Six months passed and I contacted Wells Fargo to try and get our account upgraded like we were told we could do. They told me that they have no control on upgrading accounts and that it is done automatically after a year. A year passed and I contacted them again. We were told that it would be upgraded automatically sometime after a year, not exactly at a year and that they again had no control over it. We have been lied to by representatives at this company on several different levels regarding just about every single question we asked from when we signed up for the account to now. I will be closing the account next week.

Constantly, constantly, constantly blocking my debit card without notice or warning and most importantly without my permission. After dozens of complaints, they still refuse to stop doing this. It's come to the point that using them as a debit card provider is purely impossible since I'm constantly denied access to MY money. After nearly 20 years of loyal patronage, I must close my account and go to a new bank since their customer service is horrendous.

Why I hate Wells Fargo... I went to look at my checking account online to do my taxes and discovered that since I receive my statements in the mail, I am no longer allowed to view my accounts online. A few months ago I could! In order to do so, I have to change to online statements! What a crock! I am worried that if I do that I will no longer be able to get photos of my checks. Last year, they fooled me into changing my no charge ready reserve account to a fee charging account by saying I couldn't find out information on that account unless I would talk to a customer service agent who required me to change my account. I was not able to reverse the action even though I wrote letters, etc. I think I will have to get out of this terrible bank that has cheated so many people...

I recently moved from Arizona to Texas. Last week I went online to transfer funds from my Wells Fargo account to my Chase account. After many failed attempts, I then spoke to a supervisor who confirmed that I was unable to transfer my own money because of the type of account I have. While I was told when I opened the account that it was a checking account and was given an ATM card, it seems that this account can only accept deposits (???). The supervisor then told me to do the transfer through a Chase bank request and it would be fine. Wells Fargo still refused to release my money because I don't have a checking account with them.

I then called back to Wells Fargo and spoke to another supervisor who said if I opened a checking account (which took 30 minutes, but she did on the phone) I would be able to transfer funds. So I went back online and sure enough there are both accounts... so I attempted to transfer money INTERNALLY from one Wells Fargo account to the other... and guess what!!! I still can't transfer from the original account to the new checking account. Got another supervisor on the phone and asked if they could just manually do the transfer. NO!! I was told to go to my local branch, 30 miles away, and make the withdrawal in person. I will do exactly that on Monday when I close the account.

I have already stopped automatic deposits to this horrible institution. I have never experienced an issue with any bank trying to get my own money. HORRIBLE BANK! I will do everything in my power to warn people about their lies and practices, as they need to be investigated by the banking commission. When you see hundreds of complaints on the internet it should be warning enough.

I refinanced and within a month my mortgage was sold to Wells Fargo. They have made multiple errors - from listing my escrow insurance amount a $1000 more than it is...paying my homeowners insurance twice...multiple phone calls to them with different answer every time. Now because of their errors I am $600 behind on my escrow. I have the money (refunded after several months dealing with my insurance company) and understand it needs to be paid, but they made several errors on their end to cause the problem.

I spent hours on the phone being transferred, “You need to speak to someone in the mortgage department”, “You need to speak to someone in escrow”, “You need to speak to someone in insurance" over and over. The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. DON'T use Wells Fargo. They are horrible...and this coming from someone that has had two mortgages from Bank of America. I would actually rather be back with B of A.

The deposit time of my online bank statement was altered by someone at the bank. I made the deposit on 3/20/2017. It showed up on my statement on 3/22/2017. On 3/22 I spoke to Jill **, and only her. She deleted the deposit and reversal off my statement record. Therefore I know that Jill ** took my deposit. She deleted the record to cover up that she took the money. It would take a manager to access and delete the entries, the deposit, and the reversal.

She deleted this right after I showed her the copy I made of my online account. I am sending the copy. Why do you not give deposit receipts? You have to ask for one and no other bank does this! Other banks just give you a receipt! This leaves a deposit open to theft by employees. Why can statement records be changed by employees leaving no employee number or signature. This leaves customers open to theft.

I will see the District Attorney about this theft which I know was by Jill ** at the Tannehill bank branch of Bessemer. You need to put a stop to these loopholes in your computer records I mentioned above. I absolutely will not stop pursuing this matter until I get my $400 of hard earned money returned. As I stated the computer records of my deposit were erased by Jill **.

I was surprised how a bank will be ripping off their customers and this has been happening over the past five years that Wells Fargo bank has been taking out my money any how when they are not supposed to and also I was building my credit with them since early year and they have been messing with my credit report which I don't know why they are doing that, and I have 703 as at two days ago according to FICO credit report. I made my last total balance payment on April 2nd and it's due by April 16th. I paid it fourteen days earlier than the due date so which I expect my credit to increase but instead it decreased. So when I saw this I was bittered and disappointed because this is not the first time nor the second time this has happened.

I called Wells Fargo to lodged the complain but to my surprise the so called supervisor could not even listen to me well. He could not even answer my question why has my credit score falls, but instead he was screaming at me and been racist because he saw my names and hear my accent so he believes he can just talk to me anyhow. This so called supervisor lack the qualities of leadership but I am not surprise with this because I think that's how 99% of their staff addresses customers especially those in their top management levels. I will never bank Wells Fargo again because I want to bank with a bank that will have my interest as number one, that respect me as a customer and not having me do business with as a source of them to be ripping me off.

I was looking through my account history for last month and noticed a withdrawal for an amount I never pull out. I look up the ATM which was located on the other side of the country. I then call Wells Fargo to ask about the transaction. They say it was fraud and he could either cancel my card right then or I could go take care of it at the bank and get a temporary card. Before I could answer, he "went ahead and canceled it for me" without my confirmation. Guess I don't get to eat tonight, as I work graveyard and the bank doesn't open for 8 hours. I closed my account with Wells the last time I had problems with them, now I've been thinking, why should I use them at all anymore if they are just going to do whatever they want without asking me about it? And how do they let an ATM withdrawal happen without a hold, on the other side of the country when I use my card every day??

Wells Fargo may be a good bank but sucks at the investing branch. Wife and I invested $10k in IRAs at Wells Fargo. Completed paperwork at the bank. Sent forms in from booklet we were given. Never heard anything. Called and they emailed new forms. Sent those in. Didnt hear anything. Called again. Said I should receive new paperwork soon to finish account setup. Never heard anything.

One year later I still dont have IRA's invested in anything (during the biggest run up in the market in 20 years Ive made 36 cents on $10k). Set up this years IRA online at another bank, took 4 minutes. Needless to say Ive just closed my brokerage account with Wells Fargo (with a $95 fee of course) and will invest in the other bank. Oddly closing the account was a breeze. Best part of the whole process.

My wife recently opened a checking account at Wells Fargo. She wanted me on the checking account. I am her husband. We went down to the bank. Went in to see about putting me on the checking account. They tell me they require two forms of picture ID. Now I have open numerous chat checking accounts. All I have ever had to do is provide was a driver's license and a social security number. I would have had to drive back to my home 30 miles away get my passport in order to be on my wife's account. I am beginning to think dealing with Wells Fargo bank if you're Brown they want to see more ID.

I have had trouble in the past with Wells Fargo bank. I had to close accounts that belong to my first wife who died of cancer in 2009. All the banks I went to I had no problems with the paperwork. I had everything in order. I was able to close the accounts until I went to Wells Fargo. They had me fill out a form and they told me if this form was filled out wrong I would have to go in front of a judge in order to close these accounts. I called my attorney. She told me what to put on the form so I went back into Wells Fargo. They would not close the accounts. Told me I had to go to court. I told them "well you get to call my attorney and tell her what's going on immediately." When they found out I had an attorney they released all the accounts and couldn't be more helpful. I'm getting to see a real pattern dealing with Wells Fargo bank. If you're ** no problem. If you're brown or ** you better have extra ID available or an attorney.

I've been a member of Wells Fargo since 1992, and although I've had negative experiences over the 25 years I've been a customer, I've always figured that these national banks are all similar, so why go through the hassle of switching. Until today. I don't carry overdraft protection as I have never needed it, and have never had any negative marks on my account.

I went to pump gas today, and swiped my debit card as credit as I've done a thousand times. An error popped up telling me to "Please See the Cashier". Ok fine, no problem. I go inside to pay, and he tells me that my transaction cannot be processed. Alright, a little weird. Finally I try the ATM and get the same message, "Cannot Process this Transaction". It did not say that my transaction was declined, or that I had insufficient funds.

At this point I call Wells Fargo because my car needs gas and I need to get to work. I spoke with a customer service rep and her supervisor. I can without a doubt state that I have never had a worse experience in my life. I never write complaints, and I hardly ever care if a customer service rep is short or rude. I understand it's probably not a great job, and they deal with all sorts of people everyday.

Bottom line is that Wells Fargo closed my debit card without sending me ANY correspondence. I did not receive a letter, email, or inbox message. Although they closed my active debit card, the woman said my checking account was operating as normal. I found it extremely odd that my debit card would be closed, but my checking account left open.

I pressed her for more information, explaining that I don't carry a credit card, and that my debit card is the only way I can access my account. I live in MA and the closest Wells Fargo branch is 85 miles away in central CT. She told me that she understood how frustrating and stressful the situation was, but unfortunately she does not have the ability to re-activate a card that has been closed. When I asked why my card was closed, she told me that she did not have that information, and that I would have to go to my nearest branch to find out.

At this point I was doing all that I could to not scream. It's 630PM EST, I have no gas in my car, my debit card has been closed without my knowledge, and the closest branch is not only 85 miles away, but of course closed for the evening. I explain how unsatisfactory and unacceptable the situation is, and her best solution was for me to ask a friend for money in the meantime. I told her that the solution was not an acceptable one. "I have money. In your bank. That you are not letting me access. Please fix it." We kept going around and around until I ask for her supervisor. She assures me that he will tell me the same thing, but I insist. As soon as he picked up the line, I could tell that nothing was going to be fixed. He was aggressive, rude, and maintained a complete lack of empathy and understanding of the situation.

I asked him how my debit card could be closed without any notification from Wells Fargo, and why it could not be re-activated over the phone. He told me that in fact, I had been notified in the deposit account agreement paperwork that I had signed God knows when. He then goes onto explain that he has given me plenty of solutions, but I am refusing to accept them. Here is a brief overview of his suggested "solutions": Have a friend or family member loan me money. Go to my local branch and speak with a bank teller, maybe they can sort this out. Here's the best one, "YOU COULD ALWAYS PAWN A TV OR XBOX."

I swear on my life that those words actually left this supervisor's mouth. I was stunned and speechless. I asked him to clarify that he had suggested that I "pawn a tv" until the situation is resolved. Not too long after that I lost my temper, swore a few times and hung up. So apparently it is my fault that Wells Fargo closed my debit card without any warning or notice, and that there is absolutely nothing that can be done over the phone. Again, I have been a customer for 25 years. I've always carried a positive balance and have never overdrawn my account. I am stuck at a gas station, unable to access MY money, and the best solution I receive is to ask a friend, or to pawn electronics. I am closing all of my accounts first thing tomorrow, and would never recommend any Wells Fargo product to anyone.

I'm currently a Wells Fargo customer that have been victimize in their fraudulent activities. In February 20, 2017 I let a good friend of mine borrow $500 from me and sent the money online to her using the cash app with no problem. So on March 10th 2017, she went inside a Wells Fargo branch in Miami and deposited $500 in cash back into my account. So I checked the same day and the money was there with no problem. So last week in the 30th of March I was checking my account and noticed that $500 was missing from my account and it said a teller cash check was taking from my account. So I called he bank right away and was told that someone went inside a Wells Fargo bank and took $500 out of my account. After they told me that I said "how can that be possible because for anyone to took money out of someone account especially at a branch it's either you have the person card or if you go inside you need two proof of government identification." After I told them that the rep told me "oh you are right but we don't know what happen."

So I was told to open a case search so they can investigate what's going on. So I did and open the case. The next money I login my account now I see the same transaction said a bank originated debit transaction for $500. So I called them again and spoke to multiple people and it was very frustrating. I was not gonna give up so I told them to let me speak to the supervisor and I was able to spoke to him. His name is Aleks ** and as I spoke to him he told me that oh what happen was someone did deposit $500 in my account in March 10th and on the 30 of March someone came back with a receipt saying that money was deposit to a wrong account and the money was his/hers so since the person had a receipt they had to take the $500 out of my account and gave it back to the person.

So I told him "how can that possible for you guys to let something like that happen?" He told me "well if the person has the receipt so meaning that's their money." When he repeat that to me several time I was so shock because something like that never happen to me. So long story short, I told him "don't you guys have cameras? Why didn't you check the video on the 10th of March to make sure that was the same person came back to get the money." So he told me yeah they do have cameras but they going to check in 3 days and they will let me know what happen.

So he went and put back my $500 into my account and told me that after they check both videos they might have to take the money back if it's the same person who came back to get the money. I was like "why can you check it now so I can know if I have to make my friend pay me back or not." I was told no they can't tell me who they saw in those videos because they have the right to protect the person privacy. So I was told that they going to call me on Monday the 3rd of April but I never receive a called from them. So I decided to call them from a number Aleks gave me. I called 10 times nobody answer the phone. The number they gave me was 888-361-2807. I need to know what to do because these people are now trying to find ways to take people money. Not to mention I'm a pregnant woman working at night from 6:30 pm to 7 am so I work hard for my money. I can't let them get away with it.

I work overseas and made a grave mistake by opening an account with Wells Fargo Bank. Not only do they have the worst products of any bank but once you deposit your money into their bank you have a devil of a time making a withdrawal if you cannot walk into the bank to conduct the transaction. They allow a maximum of $5000 daily at $30 per wire with a maximum of $15,000 per month if you need to bank online. Their representative spend their entire day apologizing to customers for the rotten service they offer. They do not render assistance to their customers if you are not able to go into a branch and get into a battle with them to withdraw, wire or transfer your money. They will only acknowledge your existence if they are able to send you a text claiming they are trying to protect you when in reality the cell number could belong to anyone.

I tried 30 times in one day to add a new recipient to my account to be able to send a wire transfer and their website would not allow me to add anyone. If you need access to your money find another bank as you will be ready to commit suicide after speaking the employees at this bank and that goes for every branch. The only language they train them to say is "I am sorry but that is our policy. I cannot help you." This bank sucks... I need medication after every encounter I have with the employees of this bank.

Twice Wells Fargo errantly credited an incorrect amount in my direct payment for my pharmacy health plan without explanation. They honor the dollar amount of the payment but do not include the change portion e.g. payment is $37.30 and they only credit $37.00. Their only suggestion is that I file a claim but in doing so the first time the payment was returned to the company putting me in default and then assessing me a fee followed by a letter to the company stating that I had not "authorized the payment" which is untrue. I set up the payments to be taken out of my account monthly for $37.30. Customer Service has no answer for me. I wouldn't recommend Wells Fargo for any banking.

My daughter went to Wells Fargo bank at 4180 Haines Rd., Duluth, MN on Nov. 9, 2016 to exchange dollars for some Japanese yen and South Korean won. The exchange had been planned with the bank a couple of days ahead in order to make sure the bank had the foreign money. The exchange rate for Japanese (yen) on that day (11-9-16) was 1 US dollar = 105.65 yen. The exchange rate for Korean (won) on that day (11-9-16) was 1 US dollar =1,157.10 won.

My daughter and her friend who did the exchange at the bank noticed something wrong in that exchange. Coming home my daughter handed me the receipt and asked me if they were right on suspecting that the exchange was not right. Very quickly I rounded up in my head the 105.65 yen to a plain 100 and multiplied it with 542 dollars and it resulted in 54,200 yen, instead of 53.000 yen, which the bank paid for that amount. Did the same thing with the Korean (won) and there was a shortage as well.

Because my daughter went to Asia, I went to Wells Fargo bank and asked to speak with the manager. A young woman came and she introduced herself as one of the two managers at that bank. I told her that the currency exchange was not correct and she told me to go to the very person which did the exchange and she will explain me the situation. Because both exchanges were incorrect I suspected intentional manipulation rather than a simple mistake. Therefore I wanted the problem to be solved by the manager. I was not prepared properly for that debate, because it was my impression that the bank will see the "mistake" immediately and will give me the refund.

Instead, after a young man came with a calculator and by using the numbers on the receipt, he kept coming with the same numbers as they were on the receipt. In vain I tried to explain that by simply rounding the numbers up the math does not match, because they kept coming with the same thing. It was clear to me that a much more detailed information was needed and I didn't have it. I counted on the intelligence of the people at the bank who are supposed to be really good with numbers to get what I noticed on the first glance.

Realizing that either they didn't get it, or intentionally they tried to fool me, I told the manager that I will have this mathematical mess on internet and then I will come back. Here are the proper numbers: My daughter gave teller $542.75 to exchange for yen. Exchange rate that day (11-9-16) was 1 US dollar = 105.65 yen. She received 53.000 yen. $542.75 x 105.65 yen = 57,341.54 yen, not 53.000. A shortage of 4,341.54 yen which = $41.09 US. SAME DATE. SAME BANK. My daughter gave teller $ 99.97 to exchange for S. Korean won. Exchange rate that day (11-9-16) was 1 US dollar = 1,157.10 won. My daughter received 107,000 won. $99.97 x 1,157.10 = 115,675.28 won, not 107,000 won. A shortage of 8,675.28 won which = $7.50 US.

My daughter and her friend are college graduated and they noticed something wrong. I am exchanging foreign currency often and very used to such trades and can make very quickly calculations in my head. Yet this currency exchange which is the simplest thing there is in normal situations, was so complicated by the bank that it took me a lot of work to come up with the right numbers and I have to go the second time 20 miles distance to the bank in order to get the money which the bank swindled my daughter of. I didn't go to the bank yet, but I'm sure the bank manager cannot possibly be that stupid to deny the "mistake".

I don't know if the exchange girl did the swindling, or Wells Fargo bank. I tend to believe it was the bank, because the exchange rate numbers used, are such as not to be understood at all. I assume the exchange numbers are given daily by the bank headquarters, and the exchange currency people use the numbers as they receive them. Also the "mistakes" on both yen and won are about 8% in favor of the bank which I assume is automatically calculated to make the job easier for those who come up with the numbers.

If it took all this time and frustration for people like me and my daughter who are experienced in such situations, to figure this "mistake", what is the chance that some Mexicans, or third world country people (who are by far the majority who do such exchange) to detect the manipulation? And if they do, the only thing the bank has to do is return the "mistaken" amount. I think an investigation in this field may reveal millions of dollars being swindled by the bank.

Mobile website NOT USER FRIENDLY. I always click on FULL SITE, to get the easiest readability for my account. But recently, the mobile site takes over, whether I want to use it or not. AND IT'S A BIG NOT. I CANNOT STAND THE MOBILE SITE. IT'S POORLY DESIGNED. Furthermore, things "change" after checking boxes or submitting payment. WELLS FARGO customer for over 20 years - I dislike the branch manager of closest branch so much, that I go way out of my way to steer clear of Bellevue, NE branch. How she ever was promoted to manager boggles my mind.

The representatives of Origin of Truth Institute went to Wells Fargo Bank in Dalton, GA, on Wednesday on March 29, 2017, and submitted documents on a promissory note. All representatives of OTI sat in an office as we presented documents in order to process said documents. The intent of visit was clearly stated. Calls were made to confirm if the papers submitted were in process. There was one document that needed to be changed and we retrieved the needed document. The Personal Banker said that, "It’s a go” indicating we were ready to exchange on the promissory note.

Then representatives of OTI came in on Friday, March 31st, 2017. He attempted to open a business and savings account, which we did not request and, avoiding the very reason we came into the branch, which was to exchange legal tender (promissory note). We explained our intent and he then referred us to another Banking institution of Wells Fargo to speak with someone who dealt with our particular financial needs. We then, met with the Personal Banker's, referral and then he explained that they do honor promissory notes as legal tender, negotiable instruments. He said we can't use our promissory note but Wells Fargo creates their own promissory note. We were then directed to corporate at Wells fargo.

Several other calls were made to the corporate offices in California, one in Southeastern and the other in San Francisco, in attempts to exercise our rights regarding the promissory note according to the UCC law which is under the Federal Reserves and Maritime Law. [Admiralty law or maritime law is a distinct body of law that governs maritime questions and offenses. It is a body of both domestic law governing maritime activities, and private international law governing the relationships between private entities that operate vessels on the oceans].

There were 2 of the 3 callers that were very rude and unprofessional and absolutely hateful and mean, when asked questions regarding their position and if we could speak to someone else in a higher position. We got blown off and talked to as brutes, just overall violated our constitutional and civil rights and turned away without the anticipated services rendered that are due us. The corporate office representatives told us they don't do promissory notes but two branch manager told us they do them and have done them.

We have an actual recording of the conversation with one of the managers telling us that he has done several promissory notes and that Wells Fargo create their own (PN) on a certain type of paper. While on the phone with the corporate office representative of Wells Fargo, a call was made to the person we spoke to and we were informed by the corporate office representative, that the manager at the bank said he didn't tell us they do promissory note, it was a misunderstanding.

I've had the Wells Fargo Home Projects card for 3 years and always made my payments on time. I'm currently remodeling my kitchen and I called last week to make sure the electrician I chose is still on their approved vendor list so I could use my card to pay for the new lighting. I was told by a Wells Fargo customer service rep that my electrician is on the list and I could use my card to pay him. The electrician completed the work on kitchen today and when I tried to pay him with my Wells Fargo card it was declined.

I called Wells Fargo again to see what the problem is and was told by the customer service rep that my electrician isn't on the list and hasn't been for more than a year. However, I received a new Wells Fargo card 3 months ago with the electrician's company name printed on the card right under the Wells Fargo name. Apparently, the vendor list is very short. Bottom line is, Don't get this card, it's useless and customer service reps are rude, untrained, and don't care. I'm very unhappy with Wells Fargo and would leave negative stars if I could.

We bought a house in FL in 2005 and when the housing market tanked we had to move around where the money was to keep the house and we rented it out. After 8 years and several bad tenants we ask Wells Fargo 2 times to do a modified mortgage and was told they would not because we did not live there any longer but they would help us sell it if we wanted to.

So this year after spending 14000 in the house for repairs that the tenant tore up we called and applied for a short sale, they approved the amount. The loan was up to date and they sent a letter saying the leftover amount would be forgiven. Well the house closed and 2 weeks later I signed on and seen they closed both of my credit card accounts and my wife's one also. My one was 0 Balance and our other 2 was current. I called and was told that it was because of mismanagement of account #. Which is the mortgage account that was forgiven. 2 days later our reward points that we had was removed with a message that said we can still make payments. We now have seen that they dropped our credit scores by 80 points each, mine was 768.

I had account ending ** for many years. Never a fee was assessed until October 2016. Not aware when the account changed. Even the broker couldn't tell me how. They have been giving me the runaround since November 2016 not wanting to return my $155.

My son and his wife died in a house fire in Pittsburgh. They had a car loan through this company. They had automatic withdrawal. I notified them they had passed, and to stop taking money out of their account, and come and get the car... They told me as long as they had money in the bank, they would keep taking out the money. We hired a lawyer, he called and they told him the same thing. Of course we are filing a suit against them. It's unlawful to take money, from the dead... The day they were informed, they shouldn't be in their accounts. Law says dead people can't pay their bills... If you use this company, or looking for one, look at what they are doing to the dead. What will they do to a live person...

I came in to deposit some checks and Serge (at Wells Fargo Val Vista Town Centre) noticed that my front tire was flat. I was very surprised and was going to the gas station to get it fixed ASAP when he offered to pump my tires for free with his electric pump. He was very kind and courteous and I am glad that he helped fixed my tires. Never, had a bad experience with Wells Fargo.

I was charged a $15 fee to use my Wells Fargo savings account to make a payment on my Wells Fargo credit card. It is also crazy that the money came out of my savings right away but shows only 'pending' on my credit card... umm Wells Fargo you have the money and you knew it was in the account that you took it from so what is the hold up? Once my card loan is paid off I am changing banks because this one will nickel and dime you to death.

This was the WORST for investments!!! About 7 years ago my mom gave me $2000 but she insisted I invest it with Wells Fargo and buy stocks and I could do a low risk/low reward account. I did, and I bought stocks from 4 different companies via my financial advisor. In that entire 7+ years I had that money invested I NEVER made more than $300. I recently closed my account because it was pointless to keep it in there when I need it now. I made a whopping $216. They of course taxed the $216, and on top of that they charged me $62 commission fee for each stock I closed. So I gave them $2000 and 7 years later I got back $1957. I am luckier than some, it could've been a lot worse, but I would've made more off interest if I kept it in a bank savings account and that's pretty sad... NEVER do ANYTHING with WELLS FARGO!!!

Compare Banks & Credit Unions