Wells Fargo

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I previously wrote reviews on an insurance company and a general contractor that did an excellent job in helping me recover from rebuilding after Hurricane Matthew did major damage to my home. When an insurance check over a certain amount is issued to homeowners, the mortgage holder's name is also listed as an endorser on the reimbursement check and this is understandable because some people walk away from damaged homes after cashing checks leaving the mortgage company stuck with a damaged home.

I can understand this, but what should be required to prove work is done and get the insurance reimbursement check back from the mortgage company after being told to mail it to them for endorsement after trying to cash it in a local Wells Fargo bank? I don't believe in using exaggerating language or generalities so I will just present the facts with how Wells Fargo Property Loss Department (hereafter WFPLD) in South Carolina handled my situation. This is a summary of a detailed letter I mailed to Wells Fargo two weeks ago and after answering an online questionnaire of "how did we do?" I waited this long to give Wells Fargo a chance to respond which they have not done.

Eleven different phone calls were made to the WFPLD over a 30+ day period. The local Wells Fargo Bank branch manager could do nothing as the WFPLD controlled all aspects of reimbursements. Why in the case of a disaster can't local reps handle this? A written contract, license, and W-9 for each and every contractor, proof of invoices, insurance adjustor report, and a 14 page checklist along with the insurance reimbursement check had to be mailed to WFPLD. I thought it would be easier with one general contractor. I can't imagine if multiple contractors were used.

Eleven phone calls-eleven representatives, and this was after dealing with the automated response system. (Press 1 for this, enter loan number, last 4 of SS, etc.). Even pressing 0 did not always work as "that response does not match our records". The automated response system would not accept loan number or last 4 of SS#. First auto response was "if you know your party's extension dial it now". I later found out there are NO extensions.

On two occasions it took over 10 minutes to find a supervisor after not getting satisfactory results from a rep. On many occasions a 3 to 6 minute on-hold was endured in order to do some reviewing. It took 26 days after the 1st phone call to receive a check covering out of pocket expenses to date. This was less than half of the total reimbursement check. This was also after two promises over a 1 and a half week period that the check would be mailed, only to find out certain documents were missing. No documents could be e-mailed in. All either fax'd from a local Wells Fargo bank or snail mailed. All faxes had a two day response period review.

Halfway through the process I called the complaint department as was told I would be assigned a case number on a return phone call within 24-48 hours. This never happened. But the following week a letter arrived stating all matters were being handled appropriately. On day 26, a third party home inspector arrived to make sure all repairs were done. This is in comparison to a local bank also listed as an endorser to handle the matter in one business day.

33 days after 1st call the remainder of the insurance reimbursement check arrived in two checks with the first listing the general contractor as an extra endorser because he was owed a final payment less than 1/3 of the total costs. The last check was money left to do outside repairs. This delayed the outside repairs (driveway and lawn), pushing them into the holiday season which interfered with out of state guest visits. Again, what if multiple contractors were used?

I will state that all reps I personally talked to in the WFPLD were never discourteous. Some were even sympathetic. It's the system that needs repair. Also I have never had trouble with Wells Fargo Mortgage Department. Wells Fargo has undergone two recent major newsworthy scandals. Some would think that they would want to make sure all existing customers would be treated with extra attention. Especially those who are close to 70 with a heart condition and trying to recover from a disaster.

Poor customer service. Representative I spoke with was not knowledgeable as to their product or specific service. When I queried the disclosure and attached 28.9% a.p.r. I could not get a straight answer as to particulars - basic information. If you are charging such exorbitant interest rates, it would seem more professional if the person, entity, knew what, and why - right? Loan sharking at its finest - not.

I sold my townhouse & paid off my Wells Fargo mortgage in June 2016 & then found a condo to purchase which would cut my cost of living in half so I could retire. My offer on this condo was accepted in July 2016 & I took it to Wells Fargo to apply for a mortgage for the balance I needed at closing. They knew I was retiring & this was the whole purpose of selling my large townhouse & buying a smaller condo so I would have much less to finance. I had enough equity so I only needed about $28,000 to close so Vickie at Wells Fargo in Colorado Springs put me through the whole mortgage application only to find out that my amount was too small for a mortgage. Shouldn't she have known that before I went through that whole process? So, then Vickie said I could apply for a Home Equity Line of Credit for the cash to close & sent me to another banker in that department.

I told her that I don't own a property, yet, so how could I apply for a HELOC? She told me this was a different kind of HELOC that I could apply for since I had a good amount of cash from my sale of the townhouse & even the banker she sent me to questioned it, but Vickie told him how he should be able to do it. That banker put me through that process to the point of pre-approval & then realized that I couldn't have a HELOC since I didn't own the property, yet, & that there was no special HELOC like Vickie had thought! So, he sent me back to Vickie.

Vickie finally came up with the idea of applying for a personal line of credit to pay the cash I needed to close, but I told her I was not fond of that idea as that of course was a very high interest rate, therefore, a high payment. But, Vickie told me not to worry because I could close on the property with this cash & only make the first months payment on the PLOC & then we could change that over to a HELOC. Considering the bankers at that branch didn't seem to know what they were doing, I was a bit leery in moving forward with that, but Vickie assured me this was the right way to go! So, I trusted that she knew what she was talking about this time & was approved for the PLOC. After making my first payment in Oct I went to Vickie to apply for the HELOC. And, the incompetence continued.

We started the HELOC application Oct 14th & I provided all verification they requested to my contact, Vickie, & got a call from the underwriter, Tanner, saying he still needed the verification. I told him I took hard copies to them a week ago or more & that this should have all been faxed to him by now! He contacted Vickie & found out that she was out on bereavement leave & that everything on her desk just sat there & was not forwarded to him or anyone else in her branch. He apologized & said they didn't want to lose my business so he was offering a lower rate of 2.115 % on the HELOC for the first year. So, then on Dec. 9th I'm told that they had all the info they needed & that this will be expedited & I hear nothing from anyone for over a week.

Then I get a letter, not a call, on Dec. 12th saying they are unable to offer the credit requested due my debt payments being too high relative to my income. Other than utilities my only debt is that PLOC & my income & assets, i.e., IRA & 401k are sufficient enough to cover any unforeseeable expense let alone the payments or even the ability to pay it off if need be. The incompetence at Wells Fargo appears to be critical in the Colorado Springs branch & my next step is to investigate whether they set me up in a high interest loan knowing all along that I would be locked into it for their benefit only. Had I known that this was going to happen I never would have accepted a high interest/payment personal line of credit & they knew that!

So along with this email to the board of directors I also have an agency interested in investigating more for me as well as a local media friend that thinks this would be a sad, yet, interesting story to share with the media considering the time of year as well as to warn others about the practices at this Wells Fargo bank.

I will wait a few days before I go any further but would expect as well as appreciate a response. Considering the thousands of poor reviews out there on Wells Fargo as well as the fact that the BBB won't even accredit Wells Fargo, which I only learned of recently. I would have expected that they would taken an interest in this situation.

I got a call on Dec 14th from Tanner, the underwriter for my HELOC application, & he said that my denial letter was sent out in error & the issue was corrected, but there would still be a 1-3 month wait as they now need to do a "Condo Review" since about 50% or more of these units in my complex are rented. He said this just came up & he had no idea that this was going to be needed! Talk about putting a customer on an emotional roller coaster! But, apparently this was just Wells Fargo's way of crossing their i's & dotting their t's before they gave me a final denial letter which they knew they would be doing in advance, anyway. And, all of this not only wasted my time but enabled Wells Fargo to collect a higher payment from me even longer!

I responded to Tanner that I will wait one more month & will currently be shopping for another lender that will do this HELOC or any other program for a refinance if he cannot finish this up by January or sooner. I got an email from Tanner on Dec 16th saying he needs a copy of the master policy or the HOAs contact info to continue this condo review. I sent him everything I received from the HOA at closing as well as the HOAs name, address, & phone # in a reply email the very next morning. I then get a call from Tanner on Dec 20th saying that is not what he needed & actually needs the HOA master copy of their insurance as my copy was merely the declaration page so he now needed their contact info. I told him that the HOA contact info, in detail, was included in the email I sent him 3 days ago!

He apologized & said he failed to see that in the email I sent him but will forward that now to the people doing the condo review. This incompetence just keeps continuing & something must be done about it. I now firmly believe they are just trying to make sure they get as many high payments from me on this PLOC as possible. So, next I was going to try to get the PLOC payments at least lowered until they can complete this HELOC which is only fair, but the incompetence & cover up of their errors only continues with no remorse or care to help me get out of this high interest PLOC! I cannot believe one company can be so inept as to make so many critical errors and have them all be unintentional.

I have to say I'm embarrassed to own stock in this company & am thinking of selling it and buying something in a company I can trust. This has gone beyond an error, beyond a simple miscalculation, beyond anything reasonable. It has reached the point where trust has been breached and can be considered intentionally deceptive because a company this size cannot be that inept, you would think? I'm hoping that someone is looking into this issue as I have been more than patient & more cordial than I think anyone else in such circumstances could possibly be.

On Dec 27th I got a call from Tanner asking me to reach out to the HOAs insurance company as they left several messages with no response from them. So, I called the insurance company & left a message & followed it up with an email to that company as well at 9:18 the same morning. They responded with an email at 10:51 the same morning saying that they had only received one message from Wells Fargo the day before & that they were going to respond on this very morning, anyway. They also sent me a copy of the attachment that they sent to Wells Fargo with the needed information to ensure they did what they were asked. Then I finally got a call from Tanner the same afternoon saying that the HELOC was denied due to the investor concentration being more than 50%!

The funny thing is I had already started searching for other lenders & when I'd get an offer I would give the details of this investor concentration that I surely did not know about & apparently Wells Fargo did not know about, but all of these other lenders knew right away! Amazing! They all said that Wells Fargo should have known that this should have been reviewed right up front or at the very least early in the application process when dealing with a condo! Again, had they known this I would not have agreed to a personal loan to begin with!

So, in summary, I applied for a mortgage for the balance owed on purchasing this condo but was told after applying the amount was too small for a mortgage; I was talked into a personal loan so I could buy this condo but didn't want to do that due to high interest/payment but was assured I could turn that over to a HELOC; was denied the HELOC; was then told they put the application back in pending status to do a condo review that they didn't realize they had to do; & then finally denied, again, after that.

I cannot emphasize enough that I would never have purchased this condo had I known I would be stuck with a personal loan for the balance owed as I stated this every time I was put through another process with Wells Fargo! I as well as anyone in their right mind would have waited to find another condo knowing that there was even such a thing as a concern with investor concentration! I'm not even that ignorant & I've purchased 3 other condo/townhouses before! Wells Fargo has put me through so much anxiety as well as an emotional roller coaster due to all their errors & incompetence & I should not be stuck with this personal loan due to their lack of knowledge or just plain ignorance!

I strongly feel that there must be something Wells Fargo can do to make amends & it would have to involve at the very least a lower interest rate/payment on this personal loan I now find I was stuck with at least until I can refinance with another lender. And, to top it off the payment goes up every month for the last 4 months after my first Oct payment of $372 starting with Nov $536, Dec $564, Jan $566, & Feb $583 with no advances at all since Oct! Talk about being set up for or more precisely talked into failure. I've sent 4 emails to Wells Fargo Board of Communications giving all of the above info & the only response is a call or two to offer more excuses of why this has all happened & no acceptance that anyone at Wells Fargo is at fault for this long list of incompetence!

I have given Wells Fargo every chance to try to make some menial amends, but it appears that this company is on a rather rapid downhill slide despite how large they are. And, I have found a place that claims they can & will refinance me through a different program so I pray this is true so I can end this nightmare with Wells Fargo, but as you can see I'm not going quietly.

For the past 2 months I've had to call and talk to customer service to access my account online (9 times). They have make me change my username name and password every single time. I've been a client for over 15 yrs. Never had to deal with this until now. It is ridiculous the amount of time I have put in on all the calls. I'm closing my account today. With all the money they have they should fix their online system because it sucks, customer service sucks. Every time I call they transfer me over and over. I had to get transfer 3 times just to place a formal complaint. Wells Fargo doesn't deserve not even 1 star.

Do not use Wells Fargo or Wells Fargo Dealer Services. This has to be one of the Nation's most dishonest companies I have ever done business with. Let me start by saying there is absolutely no need to even waste your time dealing with this Supposed Office of the President. Andrew ** is a Supposed Supervisor or Analysist, along with a supervisor named Christian. These guys are not there to help you. Their jobs is to collect information about your situation or whatever you say Wells Fargo has done to wrong you and use that info to protect Wells Fargo, not to resolve the problem. I have been overcharged interest, fees and etc. These employees are evasive, deceptive, never fixing any issues.

Don't even expect a call back in the timeframe they give you. I'm still waiting for my calls in 2 to 3 business days. I have now paid off and closed my accounts with Wells Fargo, and after 3 weeks of telling me they are processing my title, now they say they actually mailed 3 weeks ago. Which is not true, now they say it's my problem to deal with the post office cause it is the post office fault I didn't receive my title. Wells Fargo actually never had it. Now they refuse to pay for a new replacement title.

Folks if you're smart, listen to all the reviews about Wells Fargo and all the dishonest, crooked business dealings you have seen and heard in the news is true. This company is no more than a schoolyard bully. And you will get nowhere trying to hold them accountable unless you file a complaint in court. So with that said be careful and record all your phone conversations with this company. Serve them Certified mail to prove you have contacted them. And be careful how much information you give them, they will only twist and dismiss any responsibility on them back on to you. I was also told that I am not a priority and others are. Thanks Jay you're a real jerk.

Here is a few names within Wells Fargo Dealer Services Office of the President to beware of: Andrew **, Jay, Raven, Christian, Nina and many others. This office is nothing more than a low level customer service call center and have no ability to resolve any issues you may have. You need to serve James M Strother at the San Francisco CA office. I am currently awaiting Mr. James M. Strother office to contact me back in regards to my complaint, but I am not holding my breath. I will have to take further legal action and file complaints with AG office. I highly recommend for everyone dealing with Wells Fargo to changes banks. Protect yourself from this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Wells Fargo will not even waive a $27 late fee. For a huge company they can not waive a $27 late fee which was sent well in advance. We sent in a payment on 20 days before it was due, and they did not process it until 5 days after it was due. Wells Fargo blame it on the postal service. Never been late once with them, and they can not waive a $27 fee one time. I talked to a rep, and a supervisor, and nothing could be done. I guess they need the $27 to pay off their advertisement for the commercial that they are buying to apologize to the American people. I understand that the supervisor was backing up the Rep his own co worker, but I know other huge companies would of done a one time waive fee. Please think twice about using Wells Fargo for any home project loans. This is our second time, and it will be the last time. Never late!

I have received 12 overdraft fees at the rate of $35. each for 3 checks to Walmart. I have never written any bad checks while banking with Wells Fargo since 2008. In addition, I have deposited over $1,000 since and am now negative $102.00 due to these fees. This is customer robbery and I will be changing banks. In addition, some of these deposits were direct deposits which were held for up to 72 hours before being deposited. This in turn would give them the right to once more charge you an another overdraft fee. Three checks have now cost me over $600. This is extremely excessive overdraft fees and feels like highway robbery! They are definitely a very crooked bank. I had no problems until 2015.

Contacting Wells Fargo regarding two double debits to my account (causing it to be overdrawn) and six $35 charges. Made three calls, waiting each time 15-20 minutes. Transferred during each call 2 and 3. Got one issue resolved, only to be cut off for the third time. Gave representative my phone number; thereby, should we get cut off again, he could call me back. No return call (1 and 1/2 hours and issues still not resolved). Will now make my fourth call! ONE CALL should be all need to make...not 2, 3, 4, 5.

Deposits are just fine. What Bank doesn't a deposit? It's what happens after you deposit. You schedule payments for obligations in a timely manner expecting your debts to be paid on time. That does not happen routinely. Payments go thru days behind schedule and your actual account balance gets a little fuzzy. Very unsatisfying to experience. Your money gets Drab Grey instead of staying a nice healthy American Green! I don't appreciate you playing with my money WF!

Consistently our account balance is either highly under reported, or withdrawals for online payments to other more reputable financial institutions is not reported for several days creating obvious financial blind spots. These financial blind spots are in my opinion placed there intentionally to encourage spending and ultimately over drafting. These consistent banking methods show a clear predatory behavior towards its entire base depositors as a whole. It is a clear violation of banking trust coming from your highest office Wells Fargo and criminal.

The reason for my review is for me to express my feelings, my free speech, and say what is on my mind. I can not tolerate this highly irregular banking. No other bank I'm all my life has ever behaved this way towards me, my friends or family. Your bank is supposed to be safe. If it is not, that is why banks fail and I will need to withdraw my money from yours. If you need a consultant onboard to help with your PR image I would extend my services for a reasonable fee. Furthermore a possible review maybe possible with more statements to encourage more deposits and depositor loyalty.

I've been with Well Fargo since it was First Union. I have several accounts. My balance not different that the average person with up and down in activity. I received $600 in rental income every month and deposit it in personal account. This last time $400 was on hold. After only get a partial refund on overdraft fees I asked for the policy of formula for placing holds on deposited funds. Speaking to several customer service reps, the last being Lisa **, I was informed that this is no formula of determining which deposits will qualify for holds. Meanwhile, I have to eat the overdraft fees. Because of not calculable formula I was not able to assess whether to consider transferring $ from one of my rental accounts to cover the incurring overdraft. I may have to end my relationship with Well Fargo. FYI. These similar shady business practices is why I didn't transfer my mortgage with Wells Fargo.

Wells Fargo has put me through hoops after hoops to close my dead mother's account. I am the executor of the will. I brought the death cert, will and copies of power of attorney to the bank. They called me about an hour later and forced me to go to court to show I am the executor of the estate. It took 2 months to get the court date. The judge signed the document stating I am the executor of the estate. I brought this back to Wells Fargo. They said they had none of the documents I brought to them in Oct a week after my mom's death. They told me they would send all of the documents to legal and it would take 5-7 business days to get them processed.

Today Jan 5th I called Munira ** the banker. I was told that legal had all of the documents and it was held up in fraud dept. She gave us the phone number to fraud. Fraud dept said it was legal who was holding up the funds not fraud. Fraud moved us to Legal. They said the only document they had received from Munira was the EIN document that she made me get after I presented all of the death documents including the Judge signed executor of the will document. They are holding the funds as long as they can because they earn interest on the funds every day they can keep it. My advice to everyone is get their money out of Wells Fargo before their estate has to deal with them!

I use to access Wells Fargo from my app on the iPhone 5 or through the link on my phone to the actual website on my phone. I also accessed it through my computer. The website access allowed you to do everything and view everything in my bill pay. Now I can no longer access the actual website. When I try, it immediately sends me to my app where I can not access all of my payees (most often used and not so often used), see my payment and history with a payee, and I can no longer send a check to an individual without an account. No explanation is provided and this is useless. I am currently overseas and am having extreme difficulty. What happened to the access I use to have to my account?

Consider taking a walk, don't use your car, to the furthest Wells Fargo branch in your area or even in a neighboring area. It is way less frustrating than staying on the line for 40 minutes one day then for 1 hour 29 minutes the next day to reach the right banker who can help you with an issue. Does WF read these comments or even care? And this automated message: "we apologize for this UNUSUAL delay. The next available banker will be with you as soon as possible." I can't get it out of my head!

We were offered this HOME PROJECT CARD through the company who installed our windows in our home. I thought at the time that this was a great way to proceed with the financing for the windows as this was a card we could use at a later date if we needed or wanted to upgrade anything in the future. The only downfall is that you had to use their pre-approved vendors which is very limited. I was not aware that the the card only has a 1 (ONE) year valid date. Most "credit cards" will have an expiration date extending out a couple of years. Not this one folks.

Wells Fargo Cancelled the card which in return lowered my credit score. Every payment had been made on or before the due date and some payments were even more than the amount due. I feel like this is a pretty crappy business practice. I will in return refrain from any further business with this company and will share my experience with everyone I can in return. Word of mouth is a very powerful tool when it comes to past experience. Buyer beware.

I seriously hate Wells Fargo! Seriously despise Wells Fargo! I would not refer anyone, not even my enemy or Satan himself to this bank! I have disliked this bank and their antics in the past few years. It's amazing how in this day and time you can't provide your members with the correct balance on a day to day basis. Why do I show a certain amount on 01/03 then I'm in the negative 01/04, as if I don't know what amount to not go over. You are the dirtiest bank I have run across and I will definitely be taking my business elsewhere and I will use word of mouth to discourage any family, friends, business partners, colleagues, or associates from doing business with this bank. They'll be better off putting their monies under their mattresses.

For so long time, I really don't have a problem with them but when I called for three things... I want to block one thing that will always draft from my account and they said it will charge me for $31 which I decided to drop it and asked about the redbox amounts. I knew myself that I don't pay something over $8 for one event. I told them that it was not from me and they go ahead closed my debit card which I didn't realize I couldn't use my card for few days... I told them "no. I don't want it to be closed." They had me to transferred to claim dept. to get it open again and drop the claim... I did and then I speak with a person named Terrence work ID ** in North Carolina. I told them to keep my card open please. They said they couldn't unless I said I did so I decided over $8 is not worth my time so I said "yes I did it..." My mistake...

He told me that I will need to wait for 3-5 mins and then he said he need to ask me one question, asked me the same thing if I did it... I told him "YES I DID," then he started to say that he can't do that blah for protection reasons and CLOSED MY CARD!!! I told him "it's my name, my account, my money... I believe you have no right to do that!" He said "sorry. Nothing to do since it is already CLOSED!" He blew my fuse. He said I can go to other dept to work it out. I ask him if they going to make me wait for hours and tell me that my card is still closed, right? He said he will have to RESPECT my REQUEST. I told him that's all **!!! I cussed him out for "respect my request" and I'm LEAVING Wells Fargo over this. Been with WF for 7 yrs and so ready for a change!!!

Wells-Fargo has done the following repeatedly, charging what I would call excessive over-draft fees. Say my balance on a given day is 115 dollars. At 8:00 am I go out to breakfast with my wife and daughter. The bill is for 40 dollars. I then buy a pack of cigarettes for 7 dollars. I then pay 20 bucks at a local store. Later, three payments for 20 dollars come out. So, I am over by 12 dollars - which occurred on the last 20 auto payment - and should be assessed for one OD fee, right? Wrong. It works out better for Wells-Fargo if they charge the 4 20.00 charges, first, which takes me up to 80, then the 40 and then the 7 dollar charge. That way they can charge 2 35.00 OD fees. They do this crap all the time.

I recently closed all of my accounts at WF: checking, savings, and brokerage. I divested. Checking and savings were easy to close. The brokerage account was a bit of a pain. First, I had to sell securities - that lasted about two to three bdays. Then, the settlement took about two to three days. During this time, I asked a representative in North Carolina if my funds could be delivered via check the next business day - she assured me that the funds would be available and to call for a tracking number to see where my check would be.

Yesterday, I was busy with work that I totally forgot about my check and called this morning. Surprise, the check is still somewhere in WFslowland, there is no tracking number, and this institution does not know when their carrier for overnight shipping, which is Fedex, delivers. Jesus Christ, I called Fedex and asked if they deliver tomorrow and they said yes. Now, let's see if whoever works at WF can do their job and do it efficiently. Time frame - about 1 week and a half. Blockchain technology is needed, not only at this bank but probably many others.

Wells Fargo has unveiled a new online banking site that is completely nonfunctional. It looks like a video game and maybe the purpose is to mask the ingenious ways they have come with to charge hidden fees. For example: Now a cash transfer takes 24-72 hours and the money is "nowhere" while you are waiting for it to reappear. With the old site, a cash transfer gave you instant availability on your credit card. SurePay transactions also now have a delayed transaction time. Seriously, Wells Fargo, try to serve your customers and make money in legitimate ways.

I opened business checking, savings and credit card accounts with Wells Fargo in July 2016. I was told the monthly charges for the business account were $41.00/month. Excessive but it is the cost @ WF. I was never told that WF also charges an annual "membership" fee for a business account of $95.00/year - $587.00/year for the privilege of having a business account with WF! All of this before we even start our business. I did not set up an automatic transfer into the business checking account to cover the monthly charges. My mistake. So the charge hits the account, I go into bill pay to pay the charge only to discover there is a $35.00 charge for overdraft.

I call customer service and set up an automatic transfer to cover the monthly charge. I wrongly assumed the person I was speaking with knew what they were doing. I was assured the transfer would take place before the monthly charge. WRONG! The transfer was set up for the 13th of the month; the charge hit the account of the 10th of the month. Again overdraft charges and 1 1/2 hours on the phone being transferred, disconnected and on hold.

In December I received a statement showing the balance in the business account was -$161.00! The charges included the annual fee of $95.00, the $41.00 monthly charge, and a new charge called "non-validated PCI compliance". This time only 1 hour and 20 minutes on the phone with 4 transfers! Customer service is trying to reverse the charges for the annual membership fee and the PCI compliance fee because they did believe me when I said I was never told about these fees. BUT the bottom line is WFs unreasonable fee amounts, the long wait times on the phone and poor customer services. I am now in the process of finding a small community bank with the services I need.

I travel a lot and clear expectations for online bill pay and online money transfers are very important. Wells Fargo has been my bank since I left B of A 5 for 5 years ago. For the first few years Wells Fargo seemed predictable. Now things have changed. Before leaving this month for a 16 days trip overseas I set up ebill and bill pay for my credit card. The request was to pay the balance each month. After returning home I noticed that this request still has not been activated 19 days later. There was no explanation or suggestion of timeline on the website. Wells Fargo says that it can take up to 60 days to do this but I had to call to find out.

Since 'billpay' was not set up for this account 19 days later my credit card payment was late. I arranged for an immediate payment manually from Wells Fargo to B of A card. Instead of going through immediately it took 3 days and so I was hit with late fees. Wells Fargo told me that the 3 days are because an intermediary does the transfer and holds onto the money. I have a perfect credit score but with banking services like this even the most concerned will trip up with unexplained services like this. I also tried to use 'send money' - while I was abroad. Suddenly there is a new requirement that I need to be able to receive a text through cell service provider (despite it being 'online banking') to authenticate the request. Ex USA people use the local sim cards or wifi and therefore I was not able to receive any code.

When I called Wells Fargo from outside USA I was told that there were no other options. The supervisor could not care less and when I asked where the information was regarding these procedures I was told that It is "in the policies". Wells Fargo needs to be open about what it does and doesn't do, changes of policy and expectations on timing for account holders to do banking with them.

On Dec 22/2016 I placed a call to Wells Fargo about canceling an automatic payment. I was told that they could not do that, but a claim will be put in place so therefore I could have my money back. I am not rich but the little I have I worked very hard for it. In the morning of 12/24/16, I woke up to find my account empty. I place a call to Wells Fargo the first agent I spoke with was very rude I call to report fraud, so I asked for a Supervisor she instead put me back on the queue. I hung up and called back I asked to supervisor directly I was put through Sammi ** which as supervisor does not need to be doing that job at all, she is incapable for the position that she is in, she spoke to me in very demeaning way. I do not remember her pushing me out so she needs to be taught how to speak to her customer. She has the nerve to tell me what I have done and not done, people like her does not need to work in the banking industry.

Wells Fargo is not a very honorable bank as of now, the trust level with the bank is very disgusting however I have decided to keep it as one of my banks even with all the fraudulent activities coming to light. This is unacceptable that on Christmas eve that Wells Fargo will steal my money when I barely make enough to get by. Sammi ** the supervisor did not help but hung up the phone. I called back spoke to Tamra **. I asked to put me through an executive and I was told my case is not important enough. So therefore, I will take it to the media and social media. I am sure they will want to hear that the cover up for fraudulent activity still exist.

To pull down a 1.1 rating out of 5. That means NO 3, 4, or 5, and a smattering of 2, out of the more than 1800 ratings. You'd think they would have tried to stack the deck with a few decent ratings??? Maybe they DID, and that's the 2's they got.

I decided to purchase a couch and signed up for a Wells Fargo credit card with 6 months free interest. I thought that sounds good, I should have it paid off by then. Six months went by and due to medical bills I was not able to pay the card off, but made timely payments above the minimum. The 7th month came and my interest was compiled, and was over $240 on a $1,000 purchase. I called them and they said I needed to read the fine print on the back of the agreement. Lesson learned I guess, ** customer service, outrageous 28.24% interest, and one of the few cards that hit you with a compounding interest payment, no thanks!!!

OMG!! They changed their online banking to the point that you have to PROVE to them you are who you say you are every single time you log in. It's not that they don't believe you, THEY DON'T TRUST YOU AT ALL. I understand about online banking fraud and all, but this is over the top. They think, and believe, you to be a crook, and a threat, every time you login. They want your money to be safe (in their vault), but not in your hands or under your control. I've changed my password three times to conform to their standards and it still doesn't work (although their system accepts it). Please don't use Wells Fargo. They are not that big to fail.

I was going on vacation, and chose to prepay several bills, including Wells Fargo. I paid an extra $250 in August. My next few statements showed a credit balance. Dec. 5, I get my statement indicating they sent me a check reimbursing my account. The statement indicated the credit check was dated October 25. I had no recollection of ever seeing the check, so I called. They said they would do a stop payment, and would directly deposit the amount (around $250) right into my checking account. On Dec. 8, I receive the check dated October 25. (13 days to submit a payment? They would charge me interest and a fine if I returned a payment so late.) But, I was waiting for my direct deposit, and would forget the whole thing. Finally On Dec 21, I call to find out what happened to my deposit. I am getting a runaround.

Wells Fargo had no right: to refund my credit balance without my requesting it, and especially without telling me what they planned to do, process a transaction on October 25, and wait so long to mail it, that the check is received AFTER the transaction, take so long to issue a credit to a customer. I was told on Dec 5 that they would process the credit. It is now the evening of Dec. 22, and the transaction still has not been processed. That is 17 days. I have spent hours on this, and am still waiting.

My ex husband with the help of "Wells Fartgo" kicked me out to leave me homeless! I called Wells Fargo many times and they wouldn't talk to me. No one, not any lawyers, no one would help me from Frederick, MD. I can go back in court records to prove what happen, I tried on my own in court. They discriminated my case! I'm on the deed and on the account of the home since 2011. Wells Fargo will NEVER talk to me because my ex husband told Wells Fargo to lock me out and put a passcode on the account. He stated I have a disability and I'm a threat to the loan, Wells Fargo is discriminating. I still can't get anyone to speak to me after 5 years? There is no justice when dealing with Wells Fargo?

I found out that my credit card was used by a former significant other to set up recurring monthly charges. I promptly cancelled the card and was reissued a new card. Less than 2 weeks passed and I saw 2 of the same unauthorized charges post to my account through my new credit card. After spending over an hour and being transferred over 5 times I was told that Visa is actually a separate entity than Wells Fargo so when the vendor tried processing the monthly payment on the cancelled card, Visa went ahead and processed the charge on the new card, again without my authorization, because they said the person who set up the account, fraudulently, signed an agreement allowing Visa to give out my new account information without my authorization. Further, they told me that since I knew the person who authorized use of my card, I was to collect any unauthorized charges for that person directly.

Basically, there is NO protection for unauthorized charges to your account regardless of all of the advertising Wells Fargo does telling you that you are protected. I should have just closed my accounts and went to another bank then there would truly be protection. Live and learn. Time to go find another bank. Sadly, I have been with this bank for over 30 years...

I had four wf accounts. I have video that was recorded of me on phone with wells fargo customer service, they agreed to me recording. Telling me my balance was one number while my account showing another. I had them talk directly to Toyota Financial. At worst I had $300 a week disappearing. I kept records that were altered by them. It has literally cost me everything!!! My company, my vehicle, my home. I had to come back to Florida and over a year later I'm still struggling, starving, and barely surviving. Ludicrous for a gifted master electrician. I worked so hard, day and night to find out my money was bounced around and vanished!! Is there anything I can do to reclaim the lost funds? I went as far as contacting the IRS, who brushed off my claims??

I have been with Wells Fargo for more than 10 years, I do have different products with them. On 12/19/2016 I drove to my closer bank in IL which is about 25 miles one way from where I'm staying and their ATM direct deposit was not working; it was after they have closed. (It happened twice to me, first time was about 2 months ago in Green Bay, WI where ATM deposit would not work.) Well I did download their app and did a mobile deposit with them. Now it's been more than 24 hours and funds are not available. I have called their customer service at about 9 pm and ask them for clarification on the issue. They advise me that they are doing fraud investigation.

I have asked for a manager as I need to know exactly what I can do to get my funds as I have to pay my bills. I was transferred to a person who introduce herself as Tammy **, she advise me that she is with customer care executive services department. I have explain her the issue and she advise me that if I will go to the branch they might help me, however they cannot release my funds over the phone. I try to explain to her that I'm working and can't go to the branch that is 25 miles one way during business hours as I'm working and especially where they can't guarantee that they will help me. I'm a human being. I do understand that there was no one above her in the office at 9 pm. I have asked for a phone call from her manager tomorrow morning and she would refuse to ask her manager to give me a call nor give me her manager information.

I asked her to clarify me who is in charge of fraud investigation and who I can talk from Wells Fargo to see exactly what is going on. Tammy would not provide me any of the information and was keep telling me that I have to go to the branch. I asked her if branch is doing fraud investigation or no? She would not tell me. Then she place me for a brief hold (about 2 minutes) and again she told me that no one from Wells Fargo will call me as she is the highest point of contact.

I have ask her to send an email to her manager and have her manager give me a call or whoever is in charge of my fraud investigation, however she would refuse to notify her manager that I'm concerned and would like either manager or whoever is in charge to give me a call. I ask her again to send an email with request for a callback and she would refuse it. I am very disappointing with Wells Fargo customer service and wish that Tammy would at least try her best to help Wells Fargo customer. Again Wells Fargo Customer service is the WORSE.

Compare Banks & Credit Unions