1.39/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Wells Fargo

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Wells Fargo Reviews

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

My wife and I went to the Westshore branch to open an account. We were fortunate to be assisted by Personal Banker Alexandra **. I have never experienced such friendly, knowledgeable and efficient service. I can see why she came highly recommended. With employees like this Wells Fargo will go from strength to strength. Thank you very much for assisting me and my family. Looking forward to many happy years banking with you.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I went into the the Woodstock Branch in Towne Lake (Georgia), Shaun ** assisted me. Most people only take the time to write bad reviews but I wanted to take the time to say he was very friendly and helpful and I will definitely be sending others into this branch. From the minute I walked in the door the lady who assisted me, to the teller who finalized closing out my out, the whole staff is so friendly and helpful. This branch goes above and beyond and truly cares about the customer experience. 5 stars!

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Wells Fargo has made huge efforts to re-establish their customers' faith by totally re-vamping their sales strategy and taking accountability for any/all past mistakes. I have seen much improvement in their authentication methods with a focus on privacy and security. Despite the whole fiasco a few years ago I was confident in that they would do the right thing and use the situation as a learning experience. It’s not to say that the issue would not happen again and I believe any/all companies are subject to the same type of issues Wells Fargo has experienced without proper account safety protocols in place to try and circumvent situations such as what Wells Fargo has experienced.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Have to say THANK YOU to Kristina ** in the Windsor, CO local branch. We walked in with a tricky situation involving a scam, and she immediately got on the phone and started taking steps to help us. She spent ~45 minutes working on this stressful situation. She was professional, courteous, empathetic, and did everything she possible could to help us. Thank you so much Kristina! Mike & Tanner ** Windsor, CO.

Original review: March 26, 2019

CAME TO THE NEW PROVIDENCE BRANCH OF WELLS FARGO. MET WITH MARY **. MS. ** WAS THE CONSUMMATE PROFESSIONAL. Explained everything down to smallest detail. No pressure, no hurries, no worries. Our loan was approved in 30 minutes. Ms. ** is truly a person you want to deal with. Knows her job right down to the last word. Customer service is a lost art, but not with Ms. **. She has renewed my faith in dealing with people who say they care and want to to help and that is exactly what she did. In closing I want to say thank you to Mary ** for being the warm, caring individual that she is.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

For three days I have tried o contact Wells Fargo to schedule travel to make sure I will be able to use my visa. The internet site does not have Colombia listed so I was instructed to call 1800-869 3557. After calling for three days multi times each day. They requested account numbers. After few minutes. "Your was interrupted. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try later." I have tried other numbers which resulted with the same runaround. I am exhausted from this bs. When I return to the states all accounts will be closed. Terry **

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I needed a check in account for my direct deposit. I opened wells Fargo checking and in the site there was 400 dollar promotion going on. I had to reduce my tax saving deductions to add to 3000 dollar of direct deposit every month. But suddenly my account got closed without any notice. And due to account closure they denied the bonus also. Even though I met all the conditions for the promotion. Also they opened a complaint and made me wait for 2 months and came back with the same answer. It’s just fake promotion and fraudulent bank, I have ever banked with.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I have been banking with WF for 8 years now. They lock my debit card 5-7 times a month. Also, you MUST talk to a rep on the phone or in store to get it unlocked because even though the automated helper says your card is now unlocked, it's really not. I always use my personal desktop attached to an ethernet cord to access my online account, but I always need to go through security steps to access my statements!? If you want to have to jump through hoops to use your debit card and access your statements, this bank is your you!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I went to Wells Fargo to try to get a Secure Card because I am not a permanent resident. When the bank began the process she saw that my data was incorrect and began to tidy up, but she forced me to sign a document that I did not want since I had been watching another gift before. I realized that they made a big mistake on their account. They opened a ** for me as if I was resident and I am non-resident, because I work here only in the seasons. How is bank opens an account for you to consult your documents? Not really knowing if you're American or not? I felt injured, and I don't trust them anymore, because they can very well use all my data to do whatever they want since they don't need documents to prove anything. I am very upset about the situation and intend to change banks soon, because they are not reliable. PGA Boulevard (Gardens Mall) Palm Beach Gardens agency.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

As an employee working at a title company, I deal with Wells Fargo on many transactions. They do not care about your personal information, running up expenses wrapped up in your loan package, are NEVER on time to deliver a closing package, always blame the title company for royal screwing up their clients' loans, and they are an ethics disaster. Would never do business with them. FIND A CREDIT UNION.

Wells Fargo expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Wells Fargo was founded in 1852 in New York City. The bank is known for its financial services throughout the western part of the country during the gold rush. Today, Wells Fargo serves both U.S. and international customers at physical locations and online.

• Divisions: Wells Fargo operates through three branches—personal, small business and commercial.

• Personal banking services: The company offers banking, loans, credit, insurance, investing, retirement and wealth management products.

• Online banking: The electronic banking services include online banking, bill pay, statements, fund transfers and mobile banking.

• Fraud protection: Wells Fargo's Fraud Information Center is committed to protecting their customers, offers an online security guarantee and account alerts. Additionally, Wells Fargo teaches customers how to report and protect themselves from fraud and identity theft.

• Wealth management services: The company’s money management services include wealth planning, private banking, investment management, specialized wealth services and trust services.

• Financial education: Wells Fargo has a robust educational portal with information about basic finance, credit, home ownership, investing, retirement and insurance.

• Rewards: Consumers with a Wells Fargo’s “Go Far Rewards” card accrue travel, gift cards, downloads, merchandise and other benefits.

• Best for: Wells Fargo offers suitable banking products for all consumers.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg