Wells Fargo

3144people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with Wells Fargo:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

We have been banking with WF for 20+ years. We have been excellent customers with excellent records and been their PMA account ever since. We have a safe deposit box for over 10+ years. As part of the PMA account, we have been given the box in our branch for free. So we never pay a dime for the box since we opened it.

We live in the neighborhood of that branch, and we usually go to the branch at least once or twice a week, The last time I accessed my box was in June 2015. Last week we were trying to pick up few items from the box to our shocking, the key doesn't open! After the branch check through the paperwork of that box, to our amazement it has already belonged to someone else and we were being told that our box has been drilled open and the contents have been shipped to their depository dept in San Francisco due to nonpayment of safe deposit box fees!

We have never been informed about the problems, no letter, no phone calls and no one mentioned about the situation of the box regardless of my regular visits to the banks and ongoing discussion about our mortgages and line of credits for our bankings and mortgages! While we also in regular basis got a lot of marketing calls from the bank regarding their offer of products, no one bother to give us a call that our box is delinquent or about to be drilled or has been drilled open.

But good news is once the branch discovered of what really happened that this was the mistake from the bank, they were very apologetic and ashamed with what happened, they resolved the problem and got a hold of the situation pretty quick and has the contents FedEx back within 2 days and yesterday we went to the branch to pick up our contents but still we were deeply saddened when seeing our very valuable stuff, mostly our jewelries that we have been cherished whole life, had been all taken out from each individual cases and boxes to be crammed together inside plastic zip locks as if they are kids' Lego.

We know people makes mistakes but from a reputable and big name financial institution where the customers should trust such as Wells Fargo Bank, we expect a strict hold of following the process and procedures that should have avoided this mistake at the first place. If we didn't try to access our box we would never know that our belongings which we assumed were safe and sound inside the safe deposit box inside one of the most reputable bank are no longer there...

Using Wells Fargo Rewards is the worst process of all my interactions with this company. My rewards order had been labeled with the wrong address 2 time now. This causes me to HAVE to call the 877 number because emails replies are limited at best. I live in an apartment with a P.O. Box, and because the online address form has limited characters, it always incorrectly inputs the information. This could be corrected if the phone reps would take verbal address correction, but it fails, so far, every time I call.

Honestly, this is probably not their fault, they have likely been trained to use whatever the screen shows ( i.e. an address) and are only paid minimum wage. Please do not use Wells Fargo for anything. Simply use an Web engine search to take a look at the cases against this company, which they often settle for pennies on the dollar. They are now affiliated with USAA, a company I now refuse to do any banking with because of this relationship with Wells Fargo. Web search the Federal Reserve, and take a look at the big four and the many cases of how these banks scam people out of money. I reiterate, do not use Wells Fargo.

After 2 gruelling years I was able to sell my home and get the checks on Wed (that was a comedy of errors). That Wed I went to the local Wells Fargo, located in Allendale NJ. What happened from Wed to Saturday just blew my mind out. Since having no job since 2012 money toward the actual closing was insanely tight. When I spoke to the person who sets up the account she told me that I would have funds to start with ($200). Well when I got to the hotel I found out that the temporary ATM card did not have any funds on it all. The hotel I am staying at the branch manager wanted his money and in he was right on that. Lucky for me I had about a $100 bucks left from loan from my realtor.

By Thursday I had access to my account. By Saturday the 23rd I contacted Wells Fargo since I gotten an email that they sent a atm card to my old address - problem naturally being I don't live there anymore. For some screwball reason by Saturday afternoon the ATM card and the temporary one at that was deactivated. To my shock I was hoping to take care a few things before I leave Jersey for good next week since my money had actually become a major problem and since my brother was no help during this process (sold my folks home - that's why the no help). By this time what I had left was running out and starting june ended up skipping two major bills due to finance issues. The person who sets up accounts at the branch assured me that at least $200 would be ready for Wed. Since I also had to handle other costs to get my home sold.

After telling Wells Fargo they sent the card to my old address oddly enough the card was treated like it was stolen, instead of paying the outstanding bills. I had to put this off due to no money. And also need the money for personal medication as well. After enough yelling at the supervisor the card was turned back on but in some cases the damage was done. I was hoping to leave town Tuesday and drive directly to ohio. That got ruled out since no money - I had to put things off again. I had contacted corporate directly to get my email off their mailing list for surveys and after 3 days the bigger problems started. While the 6 figures I have left of the sale was nice but not able to get access to it that some may has well been a million or a billion but not be able to get it that's a joke. Yes somebody over there got the card working again.

Since their screw up I now have to spend another $102 dollars for hotel and as mentioned couldn't get my meds. Not until Monday. When the card was turned off nobody from the bank even asked me about turning it off but did try to get me with a new idea. My guess - some type of CD. Out of all the retarded things to happen, this had to happen so when I asked the "banker" why I am doing business here she got very quiet. From what I read if anybody does business with this Bank be warned. I am lucky after getting a new car I didn't have any real problems when I was on my way. I did try to get my email off their survey list but that would cut off my view of my accounts online. When I settle into an apartment was going to switch to paper statements. Not being able to see the balance of my accounts is just inviting a possible problem.

Opened a personal checking and savings account at Wells Fargo in 2012. Started a business a few months ago and opened a WF business checking and savings account in April. Also have WF handle our payroll and bought our point of sales system from WF. We've been depositing money steadily into our account since our business opened in late May. Because my husband's name is on the federal ID number, WF sent us a letter in May saying I couldn't be listed as a business owner (even though both of our names are on the lease). We resubmitted the required paperwork so it shows him as sole proprietor and were told everything was in order.

Had to close the two business accounts in early July because someone was writing phony checks on our account. Apparently the person who opened the account failed to use the revised paperwork, so I was again listed as a business owner. And then Wells Fargo closes our business accounts - out of the blue, no notice, even though the error was on the part of THEIR employee. And the money in our account -- sent back to us by SNAIL MAIL, and we were told it should get to us in 7-10 business days. They did this with no notice, knowing we had written checks on our account and even though we were damned good customers.

Customer service people told me we'd received three letters - a lie. They told me we hadn't submitted the proper paperwork - a lie (I have proof in e-mails with WF personnel verifying that they had everything they needed). I despise this bank and wish we could get out from under them. We unfortunately had little choice but to immediately open a new checking account with them because of our business situation, but once things smooth out, we will look to take our business elsewhere. And our lawyer will be looking into this matter, as we are surely going to end up with some bounced checks and a damaged reputation -- all because Wells Fargo hires incompetent employees. A warning to anyone considering a Wells Fargo account: RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

Our business set up checking and savings accounts with Wells Fargo a couple of years ago. We thought that was a good idea as our employees travel the US extensively and would have easy access to banking. It took a couple of days to get the accounts set up with all the paperwork required, which has not been our experience in setting up business accounts with other banks. It wasn't long before we realized how difficult it is to deal with WF customer service, actually I would say they do not have customer service. They are not solution oriented - but spew policy which changes and adds fees to your accounts. I moved our checking and savings to another bank who welcomed our business, we were set up quickly and easily. I kept the WF business credit card but will now cancel that after this last incident.

We had a balance of $3800 on the WF card. I pay the card one to two times a month to keep the card at zero and to make sure we have the spending power for our employees when they are out in the field. I paid the balance on July 11 (due July 26) online with our business account at another bank. The payment cleared our bank on July 13. I keep a close eye on the credit card and check charges almost daily. As of yesterday - July 22 - our balance is still zero but WF has not added the $3800 back into our credit limit. I've called three time and were told I needed to FAX them our WF account number, date of the payment, amount of the payment, account number and routing number of the bank I paid from AND our bank balance after the payment! Or - I can wait until July 29 and the $3800 will be added back into our credit limit.

They will not resolve this over the phone, although they admit that we have been excellent customers, pay our credit card promptly and have used the same bank account to pay on this card for months now. We have never had a charge back. We process a lot of revenue for WF through credit card purchases - no more - someone else will get our business. We do not recommend Wells Fargo and will tell everyone who asks where we bank to not bank with Well Fargo. I seriously do not understand how this bank has existed with the crummy service and their difficult policies to navigate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

I informed Wells Fargo that a jewelry company I had written to canceling all future business with said jewelry company, continued to bill me over 100 dollars for said jewelry and after I disputed that charge and requested they not accept further charges, I received another charge over 100 dollars the very next month which Wells Fargo refused to deny payment on. I of course canceled my account with these thieves and upon further review they were accepting charges from other merchants that were unauthorized. Wells Fargo ARE LIARS AND CHEATS AND A highly UNETHICAL BANK!!!

I've been using Wells Fargo for the last handful of years. I've never had much of an issue with them before. Minor annoyances such as the required minimum balance/having to use your card at least 10 times (monthly) so that you don't have $10.00 of YOUR OWN MONEY taken out of your account. I logged into my Wells Fargo account online and I saw that I a negative balance. I had no idea why that was happening, and after looking at my transactions, I saw that money was taken out of my account that shouldn't have been.

I immediately called and the lady I spoke with reversed the charges. I told her I wanted my account closed and she hassled me for a while about keeping it open, but I said no. She said that I would be receiving something in the mail within a few weeks to clarify my account was closed. A few weeks went by and I realized I never received anything in the mail. I decided to log into my account and I saw that I had yet another overdraft fee because my account was STILL OPEN. This was at least 3 WEEKS after I had personally spoken with someone who told me my account was closed.

After a week of emails, phone calls, and pure incompetence on their part, my account has finally been closed and I will get a cashier's check with the remaining funds they reversed into my account. I have never in my life dealt with pure dishonesty, stupidity and downright theft with any bank before. I was told THREE TIMES by THREE DIFFERENT PEOPLE that my account was CLOSED. They never closed it until I called again and again. It's absolutely disgusting the way this bank preys on people and I will let everyone I know to never do business with this pathetic excuse of a corporation.

I am currently using a credit union which is far superior to a big chain bank such as Wells Fargo. If you must use a bank like that, head over to TCF. They do not require a $500.00 minimum balance and they don't require you to use your debit card at least 10 times a month. If you fail to commit to one or both of those, a $10.00 monthly fee will be taken out of your account.

Wells Fargo is horrible. They steal your money and they have poor customer service. I was going through a hard time and overdrafted my account. I informed Wells Fargo of this and asked them if they would take the NSF's off so that I could straighten the account out. They told me that the computer was not recommending this. What? The computer. I asked to speak to the manager and the manager acted all concerned, put me on hold and said "No, we can't." I told him I was wanting to settle the account but they would not budge. I was told by the overdraft department that they could offer me a settlement but only after they closed the account. I have never seen such a horrible bank in my life. I have to mention that the account was supposed to be closed but lo and behold it was not and they allowed an auto draft to come through twice in order to charge 35.00 each. I had already accumulated over 10 NSF's. This can't be legal.

I deposited a $25000 check into my checking account on 7/12/16. I was told by Wells Fargo that the funds would be available the next day. Considering the amount of the check, I felt that there would be a holding period on the check. After over 24 hours, I went to my local branch to confirm if the funds were available. I was told that there was no hold on the check, and all funds were available for immediate withdrawal. I then commenced to pay out over $13000 in bills. 39 hours later, I received an email from Wells Fargo stating that a hold had been placed on the check and the funds would be available on 7/21/16. I contacted Wells Fargo to explain that I had been advised by their employees that the funds were available before making any payments. Their response was "I'm sorry, the funds will be available on the 21st."

I went to my local branch and explained what was going on. One of the managers told me that I was being treated unfairly and she would get this resolved immediately. After waiting in the branch for 2 hours, we found ourselves in an office with 2 bank managers who were explaining to me, that even though the company that cut the check had paid the funds to Wells Fargo on 7/13/16, the money was in 'limbo' and would not be available until the 21st. However, they assured me that all charges that came through would be paid and no overdraft fees would be charged.

Less than 24 hours later, every charge I had made was refused and two checks were returned NSF. Also I have been charged $175 in overdraft fees. It seems that I was being told this just so I would leave and they wouldn't have to deal with this epic screw up that they caused. I have sent multiple emails, talked to several people, and all anyone can say is "I'm sorry." No one is willing to take action to correct this issue. I guess Wells Fargo saw an opportunity to collect some additional interest and to gain some money from overdraft fees. I would advise anyone who is considering to use Wells Fargo to seriously reconsider.

Hello all, I have been banking with Wells Fargo for about 10 years. Recently, I started keeping some money in my savings account (I never did that before but proceeded to pay the $5.00 a month for that account). I have a non-branch credit union account where I keep a majority of my savings. Anyway, since I started keeping "savings" in my savings account, I have been hit with two overdraft fees each totaling about 35 dollars each, one for $10 overdraft and another for a little under 3 dollars. Their so-called overdraft protection is simply moving my "savings" to my checking account to cover "shorts" and then charging me $35 more dollars on top of that.

So I learned something, don't keep anything in your savings, at least you have to "protection" of making good on your account through deposits. Go with a different bank for savings, I have decided to use Wells Fargo like I have previously used them. If I had another option, I would bank elsewhere, meaning a larger nationwide branch, but for now, this is all I have.

I have tried to call my local branch on over 5 occasions over the past few months; several times for 30+ minutes and NO ONE EVER ANSWERS THE PHONE! To add to my cheer; I activated my card according to their instructions and once confirmed it was activated, went to make a purchase and got denied. I had to go home; call them and they "put a stop on it" for no reason. They are the worst. I am closing my account today.

I paid to have a check delivered FedEx overnighted to me from my brokerage account. I deposited the check in a Wells Fargo ATM and the funds were placed on hold for 5 business days. When I went to the bank to find out why and explained the situation I got a lot of shrugging of the shoulders and no help. This is not the first time I have been blindsided by Wells Fargo's lack of communication and "sorry there's nothing we can do" excuse. If you want to be disappointed and don't mind customer service that rivals Comcast for worst customer service then Wells Fargo is the Bank for You.

I have been banking with Wells Fargo bank for years, and for some reason they have become a horrible bank as the years went on. I have had them allow a transaction go through based off a bank card that was cancelled because it was lost. Keep in mind that same card and card number was changed out twice over before they let that transaction go through. Then on June 30th I was given a counterfeit $20 bill from one of their branches. I was then told they could not give me my $20 back. The last straw was the fact I signed up for in account I was told would have overdraft protection, but when a check went through the money in my second account was not used to cover the rest instead they charged me an overdraft fee of 35 dollars, for $3 dollars that was moved to my second account. I was also told they could do nothing about it. I would advise anyone banking with them to get out as soon as they can.

My mother has an account with Wells Fargo and she passed away on 6/22/2016. My father and I went to the Vero Beach branch the day we received the death certificates on 7/5/2016. My father's social security check got deposited into her account because she took care of the household finances. The deposit is tagged with his social security number so the bank knows it is his monthly check. They are refusing to release his funds because he is not a signer on the account. They are literally forcing him to pay for probate to get his money. My mother and father lived month to month on their social security check. They have nothing of value. The account might have $150 in it on top of his check amount. He was not asking for any other money from the account. Simply the amount that the bank has proof is his monthly money. This money is the only source of income for him.

I called and spoke to Michael in the executive office and he told me that probate was the easiest road to claim my father's social security check. I asked for a list of other options and he told me he could not give that to me that I had to go back to the branch. He also told me that if my father does not proceed with probate the funds would be sent to the unclaimed property fund of the state. This is absolutely the worst case of cruel heartless business practice I have ever seen. They are holding his money hostage.

They overdraft me 400 dollars without a single phone call or warning. I didn't even know until they called after I built up a large sum of money. I could have easily paid it off before it got out of hand. They are thieves and continue to charge 35 dollars for even charges that are a dollar. How is that fair. No warning. Nothing. They said they are willing to drop a single 35 dollar charge. Like that helps. Worst service I've ever had. I plan to leave them as soon as possible.

I had a situation with a fraudulent transaction. I called into their customer service call center because the bank branch hadn't handled the claim like they said they would. The woman I spoke to assured me that if I canceled my card and was issued a new one that it would prevent the transaction from "going through" even though THE TRANSACTION HAD ALREADY BEEN AUTHORIZED. Turns out that was plainly FALSE. And the authorization for the transaction which she said she could see happened days before didn't even reflect the full amount!

The rental car company which decided to upcharge me fraudulently authorized the transaction after I canceled the card (at the Wells Fargo bankers suggestion) and so my card was canceled the next day but the charge still went through despite the fact that I went to the trouble of canceling the card because it was authorized to do so.Twice! And Wells Fargo won't submit a fraud claim because I had agreed to the original charges (never mind the upcharges that were added later). My main problem with Wells Fargo is this: you have to get a 2nd opinion. Call them once and ask one banker and get story #1. Call Wells Fargo twice and get story #2. They like to change their stories to tell the customer what the customer wants to hear: NOT WHAT WILL ACTUALLY TRANSPIRE. And being with this bank for over 13 years means nothing.

The company I work for has their payroll, they're Wells Fargo Bank. One pay period the direct deposit did not go into any employees account. It was a holiday weekend and Wells Fargo kept saying they could not figure out why this happened even though it was determined it was the bank's mistake. Our Payroll Dept was on the phone with them for 2 days (ALL DAY) being transferred from dept to dept and it was found out that the bank knew there was some kind of problem on Tuesday (payday is Thurs) and no one at the bank acted to try to correct the problem.

Well it is now Friday time to go home and still no deposit in any employees account. People cancelling vacations because they do not have money, checks bouncing, etc. The company I work for is removing all accounts from this bank after this mess because the bank had no concern for their customers. It is 2016 and this is unacceptable. Everyone makes mistakes, just admit your mistake and correct it. However, Wells Fargo cannot even do this. DO NOT USE WELLS FARGO BANK!!!

How are these crooked banks allowed to charge $35 on an over charge for the SAME charge if not paid up by the next due date? For example: say, June payment was late, I paid the regular payment 12 hrs late yet, they told me if I didn't get that late fee paid by my next regular payment they will continue charging $35 each month for the June payment! I will NEVER let Wells Fargo finance me EVER, AGAIN!!

I try not to have an overdraft but it happens. On a Friday I made 4 debit transactions at store. On Sunday I made one debit transaction. I was off my balance by -$1.62 cents. Wells Fargo took the Sunday Debit as being the largest and paid it, but the for small Debit I did on Friday they hit me up as an overdraft for 3 transaction. It's a scam with this bank. I showed it to my Credit Union at work. Once I can get all my direct deposits transferred to the Credit Union, I will be leaving this bank after 35 years. They are just bad news and judging by the hundreds of bad reviews, it tells me the bank does not care and will continue to cheat its customers.

I have banked with Wells Fargo for several years now. This bank will actually rearrange transactions to hit you as many times as possible with overdraft fees. Merchant made an error? Fraud? Good luck fixing it! Did you sign up for their account notifications? Nice try, but the bank won't notify you until AFTER the fact, so you won't be able to add money to the account my COB to avoid fees. If you're even a dollar over you can expect to be charged $35 even if you have a deposit headed your way. This bank looks for any way possible to slap you with fees (overdraft, account fees, etc) and provides nothing in return. The staff is extremely unhelpful and severely lacking in the knowledge to help you bank efficiently and effectively. I hate this bank with a passion and will be moving my money elsewhere ASAP.

I am the Executrix of my father's estate. First of all, it took a ridiculous amount of time, over 8 months, to get my dad's Wells Fargo account settled. Wells Fargo gave me one excuse after another, and never gave me the same information twice. Then 4 months ago, I fired my estate attorney. I informed Wells Fargo immediately of the change, and on numerous occasions since that time, and requested that they not send the attorney any more documents or personal info of any kind, since he was no longer handling the estate. However they have completely ignored my requests and have continued to send my previous attorney documents containing personal information about my father's account, the latest dated 6/10/2016. I can't believe what they are doing is even legal. So I will rate their security a minus 2. I would highly recommend staying away from Wells Fargo.

I strongly urge anyone thinking of doing business with Wells Fargo to reconsider. Ever since they took over Wachovia Bank, their service, knowledge and performance has been less than professional. Apparently, their bankers are STRONGLY encouraged (I've heard that bonuses are given) to sign clients up for various products including credit cards. I got taken. In FEBRUARY the banker I spoke with told me that if I sign up for their credit card and charged $1000 on it, I would earn $100. This sounded great. I signed up and in less than one month charged the required amount. I called and asked to get the $100. I was told I had to wait until the statement processed. I waited a month and then asked for the $100. I was then told it takes several statements to process before they can issue the $100. It is now June - 4 months later - and I just returned from the bank. I am now told to wait until the end of July.

I firmly believe that Wells Fargo is going to try and push me off as long as they can in hopes that I give up. Next month, I plan to speak with a manager since I've jumped through every hoop they've put towards me. I firmly believe that Wells Fargo is corrupt, and I would like nothing better than for that institution to be thoroughly checked for their ethics and business practices. I cannot believe that I am the only person who is experiencing this problem. So multiply my $100 x all potential clients and Wells Fargo is sitting back and having a good laugh. Pick another bank!!!

I have been financially struggling for quite some time and my WF credit card has been maxed out and is frequently over my credit limit. Many times I will get the message that requests payment of the over limit amount. I do keep up the best I can by trying to keep up with all the payments I need to make but something is very wrong. Several times I have made the immediate payment of amount requested so I can avoid being over limit and it and it fails. The most recent was Monday June 20th. I had an urgent message to make an immediate payment of $141.50 dollars and I transferred $142.00 to cover the amount demanded. The immediate payment of $141.00 was not applied to the CC account & remained pending for 2 days.

Today - with absolutely no credit card activity since prior to the time of payment I am still over my credit limit & they are demanding an additional a payment of the Overlimit Amount (Due Now $55.35 - there was absolutely NO activity after the time of payment of $142.00 when $141.00 was requested). This is happening very often & THEY have made errors with my accounts that have added to the stress and struggle instead of working with me to help resolve it. Of course that is all 'policy' and their hand are tied. I will not be dealing with Wells Fargo anymore at all. I have been a customer since 1995 but I will no longer trust their practices and policies.

Wells Fargo Bank has charged $2,300 in NSF and overdraft fees on my mother's (75 yr old) checking account. They charge $35 for debit transactions and $35 every time the merchant resubmits a check. They charge $35 if you don't have enough money in your account for auto payments also. 65 fees since December 2015. Nobody picked up the phone to call her to say "Ms. is there anything we can help you with, is everything ok because your account is in trouble." She's banked with Wells Fargo 43 years. They waived only 9 fees.

Yesterday, the 20th, I received an email that my bank account had insufficient funds so I checked my bank account and it was a total of -$117.50. 4 $35 overdraft fees and a $12.50 over draft fee and they were all from the 17th. I was aware that my bank had over drafted with 4 transactions that made up to $17.78 so on the 18th I transferred some money to clear that out of my mind and it all looked fine in the 19th and yesterday morning. So I called Wells Fargo to let them know what happened and there was nothing they could do. I understand that they charge fees but they had me thinking that everything was fine but little did I know about their Monday surprise. Whatever happened to stopping the transaction? No they want you to keep swiping so they can charge you fees and notify you late when there's nothing they can do.

They closed my business checking account without notice and even though they reinstated my account I can't get my money that was in my account at time of closing. They claimed they mailed me a document for me to sign and return. I never got it because they mailed it to the wrong address which I never provided when I opened the account. I have received several documents including my debit card at my correct address but this legal document which I must signed was sent to an incorrect address that they use to close my account. I have been without money to run my business or to do any business at all. I will never do business with this bank again. They claim they are for the community. Rubbish. They only cater to you if you have a fat balance in your account. All I want is my money and I want it NOW!

My wife died March 1, 2016. She suffered for four years in bed and was finally put in the Hospice program. Wells Fargo claims that her card (only her name on it) was co-signed by me. This, they say happened on Dec. 24, 2014. My wife's card never had my name on it and I never got a card until I call Wells Fargo and told them of my wife's death. Wells Fargo told me I was put on the account April 4, 2016. Still, after their Dec. 2014 claim, I haven't received a card and never used the "new" or fraudulent card. In Colorado the husband is NOT responsible for the wife's credit card debt. Looks like more "lies" for the Feds to look at. Before this, Wells Fargo was fined, last month, over one billion dollars for having their employees lie about loans to consumers. Wells Fargo can't be trusted and if they are too big to fail, then they must be broken up. I will not pay them a dime on a "fraudulent" account.

This review is specific to the branch located at LEGACY & COIT in Plano, TX. Went there to deposit a couple of hundreds in each of my kids' accounts. The cashier who showed readiness to tackle my stuff, seems brand new and he knew nothing. He didn't even talk to me, went straight and brought another guy who supposedly was knowledgeable. On my request to deposit these hundreds into the two accounts, he asked if I have joint access with my kids. I basically told them that I'm just depositing, handed over my driver's license and explained that I'm the dad and that I do have internet access to one of them. The guy answered me in a very strict, rather negative manner that I cannot do that unless I have joint access. I took the hundreds, the driver's license and told them I'm moving the accounts to another bank.

Conclusion: Thinking about what happened, it seems the employees at this branch, were rejecting the customers on this Friday afternoon. So next time, I'll not waste my time and efforts going to this branch, and I'll go to a different branch because I do have positive experience at different branches. Wells Fargo at Legacy and Coit in Plano, TX doesn't exist for me anymore.

Don't ever bank with this bank!! They are predators that prey on the poor and middle-income workers! I had an issue with my account, lost my job and had recurring preauthorized payments, nothing wrong with that, however, I deposited a check of $3,085 given to me by an insurance firm to upset my overdraft account of $180.00. These criminals held on to my check for 7 (seven days) while authorizing my incurring payments and charging me overdrafts for these payment that eventually brought my overdraft from $180.00 to $418.00.

They charged me an overdraft of $35.00 for an incurring payment of $7.00. I called their customer service to put a stop to all future payments. Wells Fargo is making money off my $3,085.00 while keeping it on hold for 7 days, instead of three to five days and at the same time charging me and authorizing my payment with a $35.00 overdraft fees for each payment. Tell me if this is not a predatory bank? I am closing my account with them as of now!! Don't ever bank with this bank, never!!

On May 22, 2016, my husband went to an estate sale where he purchased a file folder case with some miscellaneous papers in it. In the file folder case we found an old check box and when we opened it it contained Bolivian monies. Out of curiosity, my husband went to Wells Fargo (where they do Foreign Exchange) and asked if the Bolivian monies have value. They looked it up and told us we need to come back tomorrow because they need to verify the real value of the monies. My husband came back the following morning, the bank manager told him that the value of the Bolivian monies was $9,271.44. My husband couldn't believed it so he asked the bank manager to double check it because he doesn't want to get the money and then find out later that it was a mistake. The bank manager double checked it again and reassured my husband that the monies were real and have value.

So the bank went ahead and transferred the amount to our account. We waited a week to see if they will call us back and tell us it was a mistake. Three and a half weeks later, we received no calls from the bank so we assumed everything is good. We decided to invest the money thinking that we are making a good decision for our family. Now yesterday, my husband got a call from the Wells Fargo and told him that the Bolivian monies we exchanged had been taken out of circulation and have no value and they are demanding their money back. In no way we misrepresent ourselves, my husband did not fraudulently represent anything about this situation.

We had a meeting with the Service Manager and told us that if we can't give the whole money back they will garnish all the money we have on our accounts and whatever is left unpaid will be post as a debt that we still need to pay. We tried to talk to them telling them that this is unfair and not right. We did not made the mistake, they did and yet they don't want to admit their mistake and want to held us liable. We have rent to pay, bills to pay, not to mention food, gas and the cost of day care for our son. They don't care that if they do garnish all our money they will hurt us so bad financially. We don't get the privilege of going back and undoing all our mistakes. Do we have to let them? At my family's expense? I am so lost and scared that we will lose everything that we worked hard for.

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

Wells Fargo was founded in 1852 in New York City. The bank is known for its financial services throughout the western part of the country during the gold rush. Today, Wells Fargo serves both U.S. and international customers at physical locations and online.

• Divisions: Wells Fargo operates through three branches—personal, small business and commercial.
  • Personal banking services: The company offers banking, loans, credit, insurance, investing, retirement and wealth management products.
  • Online banking: The electronic banking services include online banking, bill pay, statements, fund transfers and mobile banking.
  • Fraud protection: Wells Fargo's Fraud Information Center is committed to protecting their customers, offers an online security guarantee and account alerts. Additionally, Wells Fargo teaches customers how to report and protect themselves from fraud and identity theft.
  • Wealth management services: The company’s money management services include wealth planning, private banking, investment management, specialized wealth services and trust services.
  • Financial education: Wells Fargo has a robust educational portal with information about basic finance, credit, home ownership, investing, retirement and insurance.
  • Rewards: Consumers with a Wells Fargo’s “Go Far Rewards” card accrue travel, gift cards, downloads, merchandise and other benefits.
  • Best for Wells Fargo offers suitable banking products for all consumers.

Compare Banks & Credit Unions