Wells Fargo

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Wells Fargo Bank steals from its customers. That should come as no surprise. But what is worse -- even if you have an account open with them they will charge you a "monthly service fee" just for them to hold your money. I noticed that my savings account was slowly losing $5 here and there -- thought it was from credit card payments or something. Lo and behold, Wells Fargo STEALS this money and calls it a "service fee."

Did you know?? Wells Fargo destroys all of their documents on your banking account after 7 years? Convenient for them right? But what about the customer? NOT ONLY DO THEY STEAL YOUR HARD-EARNED MONEY, when you have a credit card they charge you OUTRAGEOUS interest rates. Had a credit card since 2008, paid it off 5 times or more. Went from a $1,200 credit limit to $12,000 credit limit but they refused to lower the interest rate from 19.55%... ALMOST 20% interest rate!!! Ridiculous. Paid off my card again and canceled it. As soon as I get my direct deposits transferred into my credit union I will be canceling my business with them altogether. ** you Wells Fargo!!! You're crooks, thieves, and a horrible place to do business.

The way I have been treated as a customer through the student loan program has been awful. You would think Wells Fargo would want to use this opportunity of reaching young people to try and make them customers for life. I will never bank with Wells Fargo again. You could give me a full percentage point lower on a mortgage and I would still rather choose your competitor. Any car loan, mortgage, investing or any sort of banking I do will only be with Chase or a small bank. I have never disliked a company enough to want to boycott them or tell all my friends and family to avoid them until seeing what it is like working with Wells Fargo.

I have had an Equity Loan with Wells Fargo for 13 years and have always made the payment on time and have paid over on the principal. I used the money for personal things. It was made on my house that was worth $250,000 or more. I had Tower Hill Insurance and after 10 years my upstairs Porch Collapsed in 2014 and the insurance company did not want to pay the amount to fix it. I hired a lawyer and have been dealing with this for 2 years. The Insurance company dropped me and I am unable to get insurance as having a case open. The bank had to take out insurance to protect them which is almost 3 times what I was paying and for not much coverage as I had.

Wells Fargo also put a restriction on my Equity Loan. I am paying over what I have to pay and only owed $60,000 out of $100,000. They are working against me the whole way. Also they are keeping $10,000 of the money that insurance company has given me. I had put it right away on the Equity Loan until we settled and I could get the house fixed. I have been with them for many years back when they were Wachovia and have always been a good customer, no bad checks or any bad things and this is how they treated me.

I deposit 500 in the ATM... a wells Fargo check. My account not negative... they hold the money. All of it till the next day. Tomorrow. I needed to place an order that now can't be placed till Monday... meaning it delays my work. 3 days of idle time. Yes I should have taken my check inside. I could have had 500 in hand. I have been using the ATM for a lot of deposits... Never had too many issues. Last two times... I'm done with Wells Fargo... with this bank. Monday I'm closing the account... Going to credit union. Thanks Wells Fargo as I have not one dollar to my name. We can't eat... anything for no apparent reason. The ATM changes the way it does biz.

Wells Fargo does care about their little people customers. If you are not a big business they could care less about you... They charged me a 4$ interest fee after I paid one of my accounts off and then said the fee was based on my average balance??? Made no sense if my balance was 0$... needless to say I have canceled/closed all my accounts with them over that 4$ which they should have just reversed... I will never do business with them again and can't wait to pay off my other account so I can be done with them for good since I'm just a little guy customer that doesn't matter... I have only spent $10000+ with them over a couple years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

I recently had a check deposited into my account. I wanted to receive cash back but I was told I couldn't because I had a overdraft in the last 6 months and they was holding the check for 7 days to be verified. So I went to the ATM to get cash out and they blocked my card. The only thing they are saying is because of the check amount, they have put a hold on my account. I have given them my ID and all and still can't get money from my account until 7 days. When my money deposit, I will be closing all my accounts. I have had so many problems with them it's ridiculous.

Terrible bank!! Run far away from these crooks! First of all they set into motion overdrafts that will create 2 instead of one. Let's say you had $100 in an account. You had a bill you paid for $20 and later a bill for $81 dollars. They will purposely run the $81 dollar first even if payment was made much later just to stick you with two overdraft fees!!! Thieves through and through. My wife and I had separate accounts, she had numerous times called and emailed and shown up in person to isolate me from her account. Now she stopped using that account and stopped all transactions.

Lo and behold three months later my account ends up in the negative from 800 because of her overdraft fees that were adding up from auto payments that she had put a stop to months ago!!! Now I'm stuck no food no gas because this scummy bank decides to take all the money out of my account and pay the overdrafts that were time and time again told to STOP PAYMENT!!! Now they say 5 days to get my money back??? Nice job Wells Fargo!! Take the money from someone else's acct immediately and then sit on it for 5 days!!! I will never EVER use your bank again. Better off with a prepaid credit card to direct deposit!! At least they are up front about screwing you over you slimy reprehensible crooks!!!

I have been a loyal customer to Wells Fargo for nearly 3 years now. I have done business through this bank as a non-customer and was pleasant with it. I decided to open an account and give it a try. I liked how everything was cutthroat with depositing and withdrawing money via through debit card. But as time went on I was beginning to really dislike this bank. The minute you get inside the bank, you have a banker standing there to harass you to open something new or they are trying to sell you something even if you had mentioned you weren't interested. The next time they'd ask again! I found this very annoying.

I had issues some when I'd do deposits for a company I did the deposits for. The bank tellers would always ask me to open an account for me personally, and they'd ask me to other questions (this was prior to before I had an account Wells Fargo). I had also known various people who'd come to Wells Fargo to cash checks and the bank would treat you like a criminal to do just that and then charge you a fee for cashing them, which I found ridiculous. I also had a teller whom I knew personally that would not allow me to deposit a check for my family's business into their account because I didn't know the account numbers and everybody at the Wells Fargo branch where I bank knows who I am. Which is also what I found stupid, I have been in there plenty of times doing the same thing so I didn't understand why it'd be an issue. I was depositing not taking money out or anything. They turned me down and refused me.

Getting to the nitty-gritty of things, the tellers and bankers do not care about the customers at all. The bankers who sit by the door the minute you get inside, ask you pretty much why you're there. If they know they can't make no money or do anything for you, their attitudes change and don't talk much after if at all. I have had numerous issues with Wells Fargo safe to say. Today was my last straw, I had money in my savings to cover my bills from my checking and did so. I wasn't informed of the new protection charge fee for funds from savings to go into checking. My savings should have covered it all and then I got slapped with an overdraft fee as well. I was just in the bank to put more money and wasn't informed less then an hour later via by email about all the charges, and my account wasn't overdrawn when I was in the bank and no new charges appeared.

I spent the better part of 20 minutes sorting out an issue of theirs as well. I had to switch with 3 different people and they decided to reimburse me 25% of the $50 they took from me which shouldn't have happened in the first place. It was the bank's mistake. I know I wasn't in the hole, as I was just at the bank. Very unhappy with the satisfaction of the company; the company is very disloyal and dishonest. The bank doesn't like to post transactions until days after they had occurred which throws you off as well leaving you to guess how much money you do or don't got. I will not miss the long waits at the bank to get their crude customer services and I won't miss seeing the banker asking to 20 questions for you being at the bank.

Also the charging of my money own to get used from my savings into checking. The ATM fees are outrageous as well, like it's not bad enough you get charged from the merchant of the ATM but Wells Fargo also will charge you as well since it's not a WF ATM. I have never heard of this from a bank before. The tellers are often rude as well and the branch I bank at has had issues with keeping confidentiality because of one the employees seems to tell everybody the bank's transaction. I am closing my account as soon as I can and going elsewhere. My advice to you, avoid Wells Fargo. The service is awful and there are many hidden charges in and fees hidden within.

Resetting auto pays, fraud accounts, Seattle found it reckless. Back in December I opted to not use the auto pay. Each time a new day populated or an amount auto entered. I did my best to populate deleting the auto pay accounts more than once. Only after they paid on a nearly empty account and my calling to complain did they reset it back. Deleting them again! Previously I set them for sending payment to my credit card. It didn't arrive till after I complained. They started new fraud accounts and lost Seattle, WA as banker. Today is the last straw, to a new bank I go.

I am having the worst experience with my WF loan service. I purchased a vehicle that was financed through WF via trade-in. I paid off my past vehicle which was also financed through WF. I cannot seem to get any answers regarding why I am continuing to get 'past due' notices for my paid-off vehicle. The billing for my new vehicle is confusing as well. When I sent an email to the website, I received a secured message alert. When I opened it, it read that the message was no longer valid! WTH! If I could give this bank a negative star, I most certainly would! It should not be that difficult to keep past and current loans straight.

We purchased $7,000 in carpet for our house and was financed through Wells Fargo. We signed up for online statements and paid the account in full on time. Then we purchased $600 worth of carpet in June and argued between Wells Fargo and Empire as we were unable to make a payment online as we were never charged. In August of 2016 we were told by Wells Fargo that when Empire finally put the charge through, we would begin receiving the emailed statements again. In December we received a letter in the mail that we were delinquent. We called and paid the account plus the late fees, even though they were not our fault. Now we've received late marks on our credit and they has the nerve to send us a letter that after a review of our credit, they decreased our credit from $7k to $700.

We called and were told that it was our fault and that we were responsible for hitting a button (that does not exist) on our online account to have the bills emailed to us or else we should have been calling every month to find out when the charge finally posted. Then the "supervisor" hung up on us when we asked where this was specified online and where this button was. I think it's such poor customer service and just bad business to a) not offer to call Empire (their merchant in the first place) and get the charge put through after 3 months of us calling and then b) try to scam us by saying we didn't hit a button for online statements to be emailed to us (Edison and every other creditor emails you the bill when you choose online statements), and c) to have a supervisor hang up on you and not call you back to fully respond respectfully to the issue. I've never banked with Wells Fargo and never will.

My credit/debit card was stolen today. The moment I discovered this, I immediately called Wells Fargo to report it. This meant I did not wait until I got home (40 minutes away); it meant I attempted to perform this task on a sidewalk without my online banking account, my statement, my account number, or the blood of my first born child - all things they seem to require that I produce to prove I am who I say I am when I want to STOP people from removing unauthorized monies. But I am getting ahead of myself. So on the sidewalk where I have discovered the unfortunate fact that I have been robbed of my card, I whip out my handy dandy cell phone (thanks to the miracles of modern technology) and promptly enter into the phone answering system that could not process my accent. After several attempts, it kindly suggested I use "the phone keypad to enter your account number". Fabulous... if I had the credit card in my hand to report it stolen.

There were no further options and it was decidedly difficult to get the phone system to patch me through to a "banker", which was one of the options that I spoke, repeated, repeated again, repeated again, screamed, screamed again, screamed again, began cussing fluently in both my current accent and my childhood accent. I was unsuccessful in getting the phone system to connect me with a real person. On the positive during the 12 minutes that I struggled with the phone system, my frustration became very palpable and while the machine could not take note of that and provide the proper assistance, I was doing an excellent impersonation of a complete lunatic and people began to step off the sidewalk and cross into the parking lot to avoid coming near me as I became progressively unhinged while trying to get the system to send me to a real person.

Now I am not sure if I had exceeded the time mandated for the phone system to decide it could not get rid of me, or if I yelled the needed allotment of foul language to reach someone alive. That first person I spoke with also had an accent. And while not the same as mine, it also would have triggered complete bewilderment from the mangled telephonic hellspawn Wells Fargo has developed to intimidate inconvenient customer out of wishing to do something related to their money.

Shockingly the person I spoke with also demanded the number of the credit card I wish to report stolen. So in a public area (which I reported to the person online), I disclose my social security number, my date of birth, my full name, my legal name, and 3 of my addresses. (That was a sticking point. I have 3 adjacent properties and for some reason Wells Fargo has latched onto one of them as my primary address and I can never remember which one because NO ONE else uses it.) Nope this is not good enough. But I do get a gracious plenty of "I'm sorry" and "I do understand" and explanations of why I need to be transferred to Timbuktu to have this card at this time turned off. End result is I become a complete harridan and end up disconnecting.

There are not words to describe my emotional state to know that my card is in the hands of who knows who, currently off on a spending adventure that I don't want it to be on, and my bank, the same bank that previously shut my card off on two separate (and equally embarrassing times) because I didn't report in with them first and get permission to travel (in country to places I have been to before) to do so, doesn't feel motivated to respond. I am beyond livid.

I have had this account for 20 years through various banks as they've preyed on each other like cannibalistic piranhas and in no previous incarnation was a bank so vile, unresponsive, and abrasive. And that's not the staff. The staff is very polite. It must be a stressful, tiring job. It's the policies and the procedures. It's the little things, like when that ice storm came through last year that immobilized the area and I was stuck and my card wouldn't swipe. The human I spoke with understood that I needed my card to work. We discussed at length that I needed the card to work for one last transaction so I could get home before she issued me a new card. She assured me she did.

Unfortunately, that's not how it worked out and I was stuck beside the road until a complete stranger picked me up and my infant child and gave us a ride home. (Just think how much worse this story could have gone!! Thank you Wells Fargo for letting me know that in an ice storm and you've wrecked your vehicle, while you might not be able to count on the people you've had a lengthy business relationship with, you can learn that not all strangers are murdering psychopaths. I'll write Forensic Files and let them know too.) I closed all accounts with Wells Fargo except my checking account over that nonsense. Today, I learned I was foolish. I should have closed all accounts. I will remedy that Monday at 9:00 am.

To make a long story short, Wells Fargo Bank, without my knowledge or permission, 'punched' my Safety Deposit box, and removed my valuables. They violated every legal rule regarding Safety Deposit entry. They have been evasive and non-compliant in the return of my property. Even with legal representations Wells Fargo Bank is ignoring the situation. I have been a loyal customer with them for over 33 years and have had a Safety Deposit box for over 20 years. They are saying "they have no record of me having a Safety Deposit box"... Really!! I have the keys to the box in my possession and last accessed the box approximately 3 years ago. This has gone on now for several months and a considerable amount of financial legality for an attorney.

I have several business accounts and personal accounts with Wells Fargo. Today I deposited a check from my business account to my personal account. Normally, those funds would be available immediately, or so I thought, since both accounts were at the same bank. I got back to my office and found out that the funds were going to be held for 24 hours. I went back to the Wells branch where I made the deposit on Bee Ridge Road in Sarasota and was told about all of the reasons why my funds could not be made available. Evidently since I wrote a check from my business account to myself and deposited that check into my personal account, the system puts on an automatic hold for 24 hours. This has NEVER happened to me before. Wells was unable to rectify the situation and therefore I do not have the available funds today that I wanted. This sounds very shady to me and we will most likely be moving all of our accounts as a result.

I was mortified to read the other review about what happened with the other customer's escrow. The same illegal escrow account mismanagement is happening to me. We closed on our home at a very good rate with a local bank; we argued over the closing costs, and I think as revenge, knowing we were relieved to have escaped Wells Fargo, they intentionally sold our mortgage to them. I'm pregnant with two young children to take care of, but am trying to deal with all of this. We switched homeowner's insurances and immediately paid the amount into escrow. We were told they mailed a check fully 12 days ago now, and I call in "every day" and they have said different lies - that they will cancel the check and wire the money, oh but today they can't, only if it gets to the last minute. All lies. They are clearly trying to do what they did to the other customer - double our premium by forcing us to go with QBE or whatever their company is.

We have 8 days left till our insurance company cancels. I plan on double paying if it comes to it, and then suing Wells for the escrow surplus if it comes to it. My top agenda at this point is to break up that escrow because the last thing I need is them screwing up our taxes too. I knew I was dealing with an unethical company; my point with this post is you can be 100% responsible and still suffer with these people. Every time I call it's another 800 number. I actually had an agent leave me her direct number with not enough digits in it. I tried every permutation for what I thought might be the missing digit but they were all spam numbers. I really wish there could be a class action lawsuit over this.

At great inconvenience to me, I have avoided using their website as it supposedly waives your right to class action lawsuit, and understanding the lack of ethics the company operates with I knew I could not ever trust this company with that kind of power. All I want to do is raise my kids and just live my life, and instead I have to track these leeches and all their lies. They're dreadful people. I have to restrain the urge to spit at the actual people working in the banks. I despise this company and everything they stand for so much. The only perk is I can call in and vent without remorse at whatever parasite is on the other end; usually you'd feel bad but knowing it's their job to lie and steal day in day out, it helps. I plan to continue to call in every day even if this issue is resolved just to raise as much hell as I possibly can. God knows I can't afford therapy banking with them.

I have had Wells Fargo for about 2 years. Today I went to check my bank account over the phone and it transferred me to customer service. My account has been overdraft for about a week due to personal issues. I called last week to tell them that I am getting a direct deposit into the account on the date and that it would cover it to put a note on the account. Well call today for the rep to tell me that they have closed my account due to the account being negative. I'm just so mad. How can they close someone's account and not even call or notify the customer that they are closing the account.

Very entertaining. Recorded phone call with Janette **, the incompetent rep that is a robot lol. They bait and switch the mortgage recording cost, from $250 to $550. So greedy this bank even after the scandal! Mortgage recording?? I'm paying for something that should be free!!! With all the interest I paid over 17 years this bank has some nerve trying to charge for pressing a few buttons! Evil, dishonest and unethical.

My financial track record wasn't the best when I opened my account almost three years ago at WELLS FARGO. However it was simply due to being uneducated about the importance of credit and how it ultimately affects your entire life to a certain extent. I learned over time that my credit was in dire need of fixing and started by opening an account at Wells Fargo.

From the very beginning I have had nothing but bad experiences with the company. I may not keep thousands of dollars on hand and in my account but nevertheless I'm a customer! Nearly every few weeks over the past year, I have been keeping up with what is spent etc. And somehow I always manage to end up negative by a ridiculous dollar amount. But the past 6 months have been beyond horrible with this bank. But most recently I was attempting to transfer money from one bank to another (I opened an acct at BB&T so I could get away from Wells Fargo). I transferred 200 from WF to BB&T. This would have left me 50.00 in my WF acct in case any random charges went through. Because WF is really good at charging me at random weeks after I have used my card at a certain place the charge somehow goes through days or weeks later. So after making the 200.00 transfer I woke up the next morning to find my Wells Fargo acct negative 70 bucks. So I in turn transfer 80 bucks back from BB&T.

I realize that the 200 was deducted from WF but not deposited to BB&T and that I wouldn't have the 200 until 3-4 business days. So I call online customer service, asked the associate to cancel the 200 transfer and the 80 transfer. She says okay and the 200 bucks goes back to WF. 3-4 days later I realize 80 bucks was deducted from my BB&T account and was "PENDING" DEPOSIT at WF. Here I am 2 weeks later and I'm being told the associate didn't cancel the 80 dollar transfer and WF doesn't know why nor do they know where my 80 dollars is. Then after being hung up on probably 6 times and each time calling back to RE-EXPLAIN my story, I get a "supervisor". I say that with as little emphasis as possible because she did NOTHING TO HELP ME.

All she told me was she sees everything I'm relaying to her, however before I can have my 80 WELLS FARGO has to "research" the info. I am beyond belief that I have to sit and wait for this company to decide when or if I can have MY MONEY. I see the ball was dropped multiple times on this one issue alone. Not to mention every other bad experience I have had with them. I am beyond exhausted with this bank. I am a single mother of four who had to borrow money to feed my children. Does anyone at Wells Fargo know how embarrassing it is to beg and borrow money when you had the money to feed your children but couldn't because an employee didn't know how to do their job. I would rather burn my money in the fireplace than to deposit another dime into WELLS FARGO.

We were pre-approved for a loan to purchase a home in Arizona. I sent all the required documents that they asked for and was told two or three times that nothing else was required from me. Then I was told that I needed to send more documentation (this happened two or three times). I received a commitment letter from Wells Fargo, and again, they wanted more information. I sent 10 months of bank statements, proof that my homeowners insurance on my current home was paid, proof that I was up to date on my payments for my current home, proof that my property taxes were paid up to date on my current home (although my current home has nothing to do with the loan we applied for).

I sent proof of income, and a lot more documentation. I contacted Wells Fargo on Monday, January 31, 2017 to ask if we were going to be funded or not because we paid Wells Fargo $600.00 for an appraisal which was going to be done on February 4, 2017. I explained that it wouldn't be very financially responsible of me to allow the appraisal to be performed if we weren't going to be approved for the loan resulting in us losing our $600.00. I was told on the day I called (January 31, 2017) that they see nothing that was going to stop the approval and since I have a commitment letter that all should be good. So, of course, we were happy.

So today, February 2, 2017, I received a phone call telling me that I wasn't going to be approved due to "my cash deposits not matching up to my cash withdrawals last year", (I had more money deposited that I had withdrawn) "we will be unable to use your account funds per FHA cash on hand guidelines" BUT I have the option to have a family member "gift" me $5,200.00 from an account that they can verify funds from. In other words, I would have to ask a family member to GIVE me $5,200.00 and send Wells Fargo two years of their bank accounts. Keep in mind, I have proof of enough money in my bank to close escrow and to pay the down payment, I didn't get an answer what they needed the extra $5,200.00 for and how many people have family that would GIVE them that kind of money.

I asked quite a few times for a list of required paperwork, we couldn't get a straight answer. I spent a lot of time, money, paper, ink, etc on this and in my opinion, Wells Fargo wasn't going to approve it right from the beginning. We spent money for a house inspection, notary services, termite inspection and for a credit check which we won't be able to recoup. We lost our own money, and we spent lot of time on this and we won't be able to get any of it back.

They are increasingly adding fees that just aren't justified. My newest favorite was the release of their TERRIBLE, new website for online banking. It strips you of privileges you used to have, and still get from other banks, and then when you need them back, charge a fee for these now special services. Their brick and mortar stores are so annoying to visit now. To cash a single check you have to explain to a door greeter your visit just to get in line for a teller. Then work with a teller who has to call over a teller manager to greet you and ask you questions EVERY TIME you want to deposit a check. Yeah, not cash, DEPOSIT. I was trying to do my taxes and book keeping for 2016, and couldn't see my checks deposited on mobile banking for more than 90 days. If I wanted any more, it's $5.00 per print. Ridiculous.

Years ago I had a WF mortgage and escrow. The escrow was badly mishandled - they didn't pay the insurance on time, and then tried to make me pay for QBE (their own company) at nearly twice the rate of my real insurance company when the coverage lapsed for non-payment. I refinanced to get away from Wells Fargo, but as weirdness will happen, the loan was eventually sold back to Wells. I did manage to get rid of the escrow portion and all went along per plan.

When I relocated I thought it would be simplest to stay with WF - bad decision. The papers were late and wrong getting to closing, and they'd set up escrow. "No problem. Go ahead and sign and we'll fix it." Ha! They wouldn't remove the escrow until a year passed and then only if I was a very good little customer. In late December I got a call from my insurance company that the bill they sent to WF was returned as undeliverable - and what is the new address. Thank you Amica for contacting me, and shame on you Wells Fargo for trying to be slimy yet again. They had already put the QBE ball in motion and knew how much extra I would have to fund in the escrow to pay for it. I did manage to get the escrow account closed but have yet to see the distribution of those escrow funds. If you go with Wells Fargo for your mortgage - be kind to yourself and stay away from the escrow.

I had a large home equity credit line that ended after 10 years of interest-only payments. When that happens, you then will repay monthly for both principal and the interest at a new rate. Well first I looked at my original documents 10 times, then I spoke to 5 Wells Fargo people asking them to say what my new interest rate would be. Their answer was, "That is proprietary company information and we can't tell you how it is calculated." Unbelievable!!

On 1/3/17 I went online and canceled the bill pay to Lakeland Electric and made the payment myself with my debit card the reason and the back stated the payment would not be received by the until 1/7/17 online the bank paid it anyway on 1/4/17. After several calls to the bank and including a person to person they informed me on case #** to contact the electric company of the issue and that they would be contacting them to take the back the electronic payment. I informed them by email of the problem and that the bank will be contacting them re the issue. I rcvd an email back confirming the issue and waiting for contact from the bank.

I was informed yesterday that they were closing the complaint and not recovering the money to resolve this problem. They offered to do a three way call for me to request a refund which I refused since I had already contacted the bank as instructed by them since it is now the 27th of Jan and since there is a credit on my acct I would just leave it for the new bill. But in the meantime we were getting collections from the bank for the acct being overdrawn. When I called this am there were 8 message in my bank inbox but the time I finished the call it had been deleted to 6 with the 1/3/17 information being deleted.

I called in looking to transfer my retirement plan to another company. The first time I called, I got transferred three times and got hung up on. The second time I called, I got transferred twice and specifically asked to get a direct transfer due to the fact I got hung up on. The girl I spoke with had no idea what she was talking about. All I wanted to know is what they require from me to complete the transfer and I thought this was a simple question. Not to mention, I get e-mails almost every two weeks stating my online access has been disabled due to "suspected fraud". I don't trust this company with my money at all whatsoever and I can't wait to close my account.

I didn't ever want to deal with Wells Fargo after dealing with them at the base I was stationed at in England, but my wife signed up for some kind of 2nd chance checking account to help restore your credit. Like they care. 2nd chancers are exactly what WF want so they can hit us with numerous bad check fees. We have a Netspend account through my wife's employer. Netspend is a prepaid debit card that is through the Bancorp Bank. Some of the advantages is spending is done in real time. So if I got to a store and buy 20 dollars worth of goods that 20 dollars will be deducted immediately from my account and I will get a phone text that said 20 dollars was spent.

Direct deposits will hit your account 1-2 days earlier than another bank. A big plus is say I have 34.67 left in my account and I accidentally spend 35 my account will be in the negative and I won't be able to use it till it is positive again but I won't get hit with an NSF charge and have numerous things go through to rack up more NSF fees. Plus there are no fees. My wife thought if she called up our WF in the morning and saw we had 300 dollars left in the account. Wrong because after too many NSF charges I download a checkbook register app to keep track of my account.

Now I have to be a detective to keep track of the shady ** that WF does. Example, our cell phones were due on the 11th which we paid to keep phone service. WF didn't even show it as a pending transaction or deducted the money we spent on the phones till 1 week later. So if you look at our balance we had what was actually left plus the money for the phone which was already spent.

This week I discovered some more shady stuff WF does. Last weekend I rented some videos from Amazon for my daughters. And both of them were on the pending transactions for a few days but then suddenly one of the videos and a magazine I bought disappeared of the pending transactions until they cleared a few days later. This where the detective work came in pulling my hair out to find out why my balance and WF was different.

Finally I had scheduled an online bill payment I forgot about on the same day my wife's pay direct deposit was scheduled. The bill payment put us in the hole for maybe 2 minutes because WF runs all their transactions about 4 in the morning but they must run payments first then credits so they can ** their customers over and get over and get their NSF fee. Now that I know what they are doing they will never get another NSF fee from me again. I hope this helps other people and as soon as my credit is good enough to move banks I will ditch WF.

I am a caregiver, my employer recently passed away Oct 14 2016. She had written my paychecks to me prior to her death. I was informed by Wells Fargo bank that I need to summit her death certificate to the bank before cashing my checks. I did so on Jan 24th 2017. Which I received her death certificates on Jan 20 2017. After providing all the documents the bank required from me Wells Fargo put a block on my employers bank account and refused to cash my paychecks due to her passing away. I explained to the manager at the Wells Fargo branch that she was not deceased prior to her paying me for my job of taking care of her in her home for 4 1/2 years. They told me at first I needed 2 forms of ID for the Wells Fargo to cash my checks which I was providing to the bank manager. Then she informed me she wasn't going to cash my paychecks because my employer passed away.

Wells Fargo is up to its old game creating fake accounts again, but now they are doing it with a twist. Last year I had to replace my HVAC unit, so I fell for the same as cash if you pay equal amounts over the life of the loan. They called this loan a Home Project Loan and a credit card came with it. If you were late or missed a payment you would be hit instantly with the full interest payment (28.99%) over the total amount borrowed.

Rewind to Thursday January 12, I received an email from my credit monitoring service saying that there was a change in one of my accounts. I logged in to the credit monitoring service and discovered that Wells Fargo had changed my account. I logged in to Wells Fargo and found out that the original account was closed and a new one opened. I called Wells Fargo and asked about it. I then asked them why, on January 9 when I received the monthly bill for February it had the original account number on it, and what would happen if I mailed the bill paying it with the closed account number? They said that nothing would happen because they knew about the new account number. I asked for the new account number and received it over the phone and was given the instructions on how to find the new account numbers on their website. I asked for a new bill with the correct account number. Did I get it. No.

Saturday January 21 I did my normal on-line banking paying bills and such. Paid the Wells Fargo bill due February 2 with the new account number. A few hours later I was surfing the net and checked my email. There it was another email from the credit monitoring service saying an account had changed. I logged into Wells Fargo and there it was, the new account was closed and another opened with a new account number. Here is the new scam that Wells Fargo is doing. Instead of opening fake accounts that people are not aware of, they are closing an old ones and opening a new ones calling it a change. Because this account is considered a Home Project Loan and has credit card comes attached to it and we all knows what happens to your credit scores when a change occurs and it not in a good way.

Had a problem at first getting my money back. I submitted a dispute over $581.19 on the phone a couple months ago through the claims department, went from one adjuster Mehsute who denied the claims temporarily to another adjuster Peggy who obviously has no clue as to what she is doing. I finally get the adjuster to agree to credit the account, which they marked as provisional credit. No more than 2 minutes later I get a callback from Peggy who turns around and denies the payment right after we agreed that they will credit my account the full amount and they would dispute. Had to then be connected to a claims service consultant Jeremy ** who tells me I have to wait another 15 days for the dispute to be active after I have already waited more than 15 day prior to calling them November 11th.

Called back on November 29th to finally get them to submit a dispute with the other company. Ever since then I have had no contact with them regarding my dispute, no letters, e-mails or calls. My time on the phone had been wasted throughout the past month. I called recently last week on January 10th to get status and get the claims answering machine that "there are no representatives to answer my call, please leave a message." Today I have been on the phone just letting it sit on my desk for a combined 2 hours tonight and I had to call the number on the back of my card to finally speak to a rep Kayla who just transfers me to the same claims office. The only dispute I have ever had at all and the service is truly god awful and the worst I have ever seen in my life. I could watch a movie in the time the claims department decides to pick up the phone to their so-called "appreciated customers". Will have to waste my time to follow up another night.

My experience was horrible. Money "disappeared" from my account, not once or twice but 3 times. I'm dumb enough to had stayed with them but at first it was $13.00. Supposedly they had said it was a glitch. Ok. Next time it was $50.00. I went over to my local Wells Fargo by 1st Ave and Washington in downtown Phoenix Az. The teller was so rude and was getting pissed off at me for wondering were my money was. She yelled and said I was being stubborn and asked me to leave but before I asked her if I can clear my account and she said "no that that was not possible at the moment." Whatever again stupid enough. Now $96.00 went missing when my card decline and before that day at 11 pm I withdraw $20 from my local Wells Fargo ATM and I print my receipt which said I had 96 dollars left ok. I used my card. It declined!

I TRY to check my account but it won't let me log in on my Wells Fargo online account and it tells me it's unavailable. I keep trying and finally it says I'm -3.96. How the **? And all my account summary is GONE! I call Wells Fargo and they have talk to a machine? Literally explaining my problem to a machine I keep trying to reach customer service but nothing. Took me about 30 minutes NO LIE to finally get a HOLD of someone. I tell her my situation blah blah with their stupid greeting nonsense and she keeps repeating the same thing and I tell her about the receipt I have and all of the sudden she says it's a glitch. No I do not believe that. Imagine how many people they do this and imagine getting at least 20 from 1000 people will add up. For a fact they are stealing from their customers!!! DON'T RECOMMEND AT ALL. AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE AS WELL AND HIDDEN FEES. AND A LOT OF "GLITCHES".

They are the only bank I ever heard of to charge a fee to cash their own check. A check made out to me from a client, I went to W/F bank and they wanted to charge a fee to cash a check. Horrible horrible bank. Watch out for misc. fees.

Compare Banks & Credit Unions