1.75/5
  • 1 star
Based on 328 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 15, 2017

2191 Wells Fargo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Carrier offered 0% financing through Wells Fargo so my financial adviser said to go for it rather than use money in my IRA. I have excellent credit, never have made a late payment, and have never been denied credit. My online application was turned down by Wells Fargo without explanation, in fact they didn't even notify me, they notified the heating contractor who then phoned me. When I called their customer service they were not willing to help me because my phone number didn't match their records, even though every other piece of information I gave them did match. I was told I would get a letter in 30 days explaining why I was denied, not exactly timely information. When I asked to talk to a manager I started getting hems and haws and excuses. I will never deal with them again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Wow. First time I actually had to call this bank. Will be sure to never do that again. Wound up in Spain, I think, at one of the "call centers", (See: "torture chambers"), was given incorrect info RE a bank to bank transfer. Got with my other bank and sorted it out, then decided WF should be informed about their overseas call centers lack of competence. Got a couple of 19 YO girls who gave me a hard time, and just figure I'll let them sink their own ship from now on, and do as little business as possible with this bank. I have several accounts with WF, but am concerned about their stability now.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Worst banking experience I have ever had in my life. I had an account with Wells Fargo for Bob's furniture. I called them to close my account and get a pay off estimate amount. The pay off amount more than the entire balance for almost $600 and they couldn't give me answer from where that extra/not making sense amount came from. They just charge me that $600 and they can't explain why. The representative lady told my wife she DO NOT KNOW WHERE THAT EXTRA CAME FROM. I called again to find out. The other representative gave me an attitude, she doesn't speak English and it was hard to understand the situation. I asked to talk to someone else she refused. The original amount was $4599. I end up paying around $7000 and no one could explain why. I recommend everyone to just avoid doing business with this bank.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Their online site has been down for at least 3 weeks, now, with no answers or help in sight. I'm unable to get a sizable refund due me from a retailer because they are having problems issuing the refund to my Wells Fargo card! This is just maddening!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I've been having problems with Wells Fargo for a while now. Wells Fargo is getting slick on how they charge you fees. Now because I answered an email, on how was Fargo customer service was doing. I gave them a bad review a couple weeks ago, now they took my check that I put in the ATM and put a hold on the full amount. Any manager for customer service had a bad attitude and was trying to treat me like a little kid. When Wells Fargo got sued a lot of customers started getting charged $35 fee on $0.50 because they needed to pay back people. Wells Fargo is the worst bank now that's out there. The customer service on the telephone, and inside the branch, think that nobody knows anything except them. Then when you show him proof, they're wrong and you're right they treat you like **. And think they only have education and they bring it up to you. That is why I don't need money in Wells Fargo and I'm going to another bank.

At First Wells Fargo was great, but like all greedy institutions and Liars and they want to just be rich. They steal your money, and that you got to take him to court or fight for your money. That's why a lot of people are closing the account with Wells Fargo. I will give him a zero because that's what they deserve in customer service now and the way they treat their customers. I hope they will go out of business one day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I opened a charged at a national chain store. I wasn't aware at the time it was through Wells Fargo. Had I known that I NEVER would have opened the charge. I never received a charge card. Never received a bill. I had given my current address, for reasons unknown Wells picked up an address I have been in for over 10 years. I finally receive a call from Wells, about 3 months ago. Still have NOT received an itemized statement. They assured me it wouldn't be reported to the credit bureaus. That was a lie. Initially spoke with one woman who was going to mail my itemized statement and the removal of delinquent fees, still haven't received anything. Did a follow up call and spoke to a person who took her place. He said it would take two to three weeks to received the bill! He also stated the mail came back??? I have received one piece of mail from Wells. I just don't get it. How can Wells Fargo still be in business???

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I'm a new customer of two weeks, I needed to get $1100 out of the ATM and was told I exceeded my daily limit??? I called and asked for my limit to be raised and was told my limit would stay at $310 for the first 12 months, WHAT THE!!! So I said, "Fine I'll just wire the funds," I quickly was told until I've passed my 6 month new customer period I would not be allowed to wire money. WHAT THE HECK... This bank makes it impossible for truck drivers like me to conduct business in a small window of time over the road, I feel like I'm being treated like I'm 12 years old.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Worst bank experiences I've ever had. Constant monthly fees. Once they did an automatic transfer that paid my credit card with them off in full which at the time I did not have enough money to do and so without seeing it, I used my debit card on simple things $5 or less and got charged a $35 overdraft on about 6 transactions. I called them and they tried to give me 25%. After about an hour on the phone, I regretfully settled with them giving me 75% back. Overall I just have had issues with this bank for all 4 years.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I paid off two seniors' loans. Wells Fargo kept the payoff for itself. One senior has to keep paying the other senior Wells Fargo took everything from. I reported this injustice to every bank regulator who did nothing so I took Wells Fargo to court myself. The Wells Fargo lawyer moved the case to another court that I can't easily get to then lied about Wells Fargo not receiving the loan payoffs then filed to have the case dismissed.

I have filed proof the loan payoffs were received and copies of the certified mailing receipts. Wells Fargo will lie on you in every possible way. If you have a bank account or loan with Wells Fargo move it elsewhere ASAP. Wells Faro will do its best to take everything it can in every way possible. I'm posting what Wells Fargo did all over the internet because this has got to stop. Wells Fargo is willing to take every penny and a home from a senior making the senior homeless. Let that sink in.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I am writing this letter to share my experience so that others will probably learn and make sure to not use this company for any kind of home loan. I am a physician and well qualified for a loan. I contacted Wells Fargo myself in March to initiate the process of getting home loan. It is literally now September 26 and I am writing this letter as well as a letter to the Better Business Bureau and Fair Credit Lending Company about my experience and will be blogging about it in bigger pockets and my personal blog. After multiple delays on their part (for which they charged me 2x for extending closing date) even though all papers were always turned in on time, the company is now requesting I pay for another extension because there was delay on seller's end. Also every time there has been an extension they have attempted to raise my interest.

I have tried contacting their executive office and that has not helped in any way and they appear to have had issue with one of the people who was actually really trying to help me with the loan and that person is no longer working with them because he himself stated they were "just terrible and unprofessional." My advice would be to not attempt to get any loans with this bank and try instead a local small branch bank which will actually care about your business and will treat you with respect and work in a professional and timely manner. Hope this helps.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Wells Fargo is ridiculous. I have a checking account and my account became negative. As I noticed, I deposited money to cover the exact amount. Tell me why, I got an overdraft fee even though I deposited money that same day, which put me even further negative. It makes no sense. I called to get it reversed and explained what happened and the customer service agent said they couldn't do it. I said, "This is a mistake you guys made." All I got was, "I apologize, thank you for choosing Wells Fargo." So they get to keep my money?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I called Wells Fargo to report fraud due to a deposit into my account in the amount of $6,500 to my WF Online Banking prior to any other fraudulent activities. Suspected a big fraudulent withdrawal and told this to WF. WF Credit Card department finds and declares fraud. Sends new credit card to the fraud address in California, I live in New Jersey. New credit card used in California fraudulently.

WF Online Banking department closes claim with no fraud found. Fraudulent withdrawal of all fraud deposited and my personal funds leaving me with a negative balance. WF Online Bank charges overdraft fees due. WF Credit Card used to pay my mortgage since no funds available in my bank account. I paid WF online banking all overdraft fees charged even though I report the fraud. I am also paying interest on WF credit card for my mortgage payment of about $100 per month until balance is paid in full.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I am very disappointed, very upset with my Wells Fargo Bank. I have an account since 2000. This bank can't do nothing to stop the scam that was my money and I did call and stop the payment right away. The customer service are not well train. They don't know what to answer. I lost my $150 and that's not fair. I am very, very upset. Also they need some nice people in claim department. People are so rude and mean in that department. They don't want to help you at all. In that case I have to look for a good bank who can help me if something like this happened in the future. I hate to do it but I have to secure my money and need positive and trained people.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Drive Thru Teller -- 22nd Ave N/34th St N Branch -- St Pete, FL - Today, I went to the Drive Thru Teller, commercial entrance at the specified branch. There was one customer ahead of me and no other customers, yet I waited for 15 minutes --- the girl in front of me had time to fix her hair and put on make-up. Finally, it was my turn. I wanted to make a $30 withdrawal: 2 rolls of quarters and 10 one dollar bills. This is the second time I have gone to this drive-thru to be told --- "Sorry, we have no quarters, you will have to go inside." I then went inside and there were three teller windows open --- I waited in line for another 10 minutes. Was told they will make sure this doesn't happen again. I'm sure it will happen again because they are totally incompetent!! Make sure you can serve your customers efficiently!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I took out student loans through Wells Fargo and they have since become impossible to deal with. I originally took out these loans because I was desperate to finish school and had an active savings/checking account with them so thought why not. Oh to be young. I have since cancelled my bank accounts due to incompetence on their end and am only giving them money for the student loan.

I called the other day because I am recently experiencing a hardship and wanted to see if there was anything they could do to help like postpone payments or defer them altogether. After being on hold for hours, being transferred several times, then talking with a foreign supervisor who tried hard but did not understand the situation, the best they could do for me was have me make three full consecutive payments and then I will be eligible for postponing one payment three months from now. I don't think she understood that I do not have money at this time. When I explained this to her the supervisor actually laughed.

In NO way has this bank EVER helped me with finances or improving credit or the ONE time when I was so broke and asked to make a late payment. I'm terrified to think of what would happen to my credit as well as my cosigner’s credit if these payments are not made because they're such a crummy bank and the idea of giving them ANY money makes my teeth grind. This establishment has singlehandedly put my family in a financial bind. I would never do business with them again and I encourage EVERYONE to hang on to your own money or give it to a credit union that at the very least will try to work with you, don't give it to Wells Fargo. You really are just a number with them and they will take everything they can from you.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I have been a Wells Fargo Small Business Advantage customer for many years with a 100K credit line which has always been managed responsibly and paid on time. I have ALWAYS made my payments online, directly through the Wells Fargo website. Around the first of the year, Wells Fargo made extensive changes to their website. Apparently, something is not working correctly, because since that time, EVERY payment I have made online has not processed through my bank where my payment accounts are located. My bank has told me that the Wells Fargo website has never even initiated the payment. I always print the confirmation code from the website, and I have made every payment well in advance of the due date, and well in excess of the minimum amount due, because I am trying to get the account paid off quickly.

Every month someone calls me to tell me that my account is past due, even though I made every payment in good faith, and have told them that the problem is on their end, with their website. I have provided them with the payment confirmation codes from their own website. Their collections people keep telling me that they are looking into it, but they never resolve it and are now telling me that it is MY problem. I have spent countless hours on the phone with them, without EVER being able to resolve the problem. Instead they just keep hounding me for payments, which I show have been made. There seems to be absolutely NO coordination between their online/website people and their small business banking people, and everyone just keeps passing the buck and telling me that they'll "look into it." I'm extremely frustrated, and will NEVER do business with this bank again, in any capacity. I would NEVER recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I've been with Wells Fargo for over 6 years and have had multiple fraud charges occur within the past couple of years. Most recently, a charge came through my account for a service that I had canceled within 12 hours of initiating the request (for ADT security services). No service was rendered and I received no benefit from the company. When I called (ADT) to cancel, I was told that my e-check would be canceled and no payment would be taken from my account. Two days later however, $108.16 was taken from my account. When I called Wells Fargo to file a claim I was told they were issuing a stop payment order and the amount would be credited within 10 days.

I called back to WF 2 days later and was told they would request expedited service so the funds would be credited back in 1-2 days. I called again today (2 days after my second call) to check on the status and after waiting on hold 45 minutes, the call was DISCONNECTED. I did not receive a call back from WF so I called again, waited on hold another 30 minutes, and then finally was told that the claim had been denied because I needed to deal directly with the merchant within 3 days BEFORE the transaction came out of my account.

Keep in mind, I CALLED TO CANCEL with the merchant less than 12 hours after I initially called them, was told by their representative there would be no charges to my account and yet they still deducted the amount 2 DAYS LATER. Now Wells Fargo cannot protect my money from being fraudulently withdrawn... because I was supposed to cancel 3 days before they charged me... I canceled within 12 HOURS! WF also did not inform me until after I'd spent 1.5 hours on the phone (FOR THE THIRD TIME) that they will not protect my funds and that the claim was canceled on their end. Overall the service at Wells Fargo has dropped astronomically over the last 6 years and too many fraud charges have occurred. They no longer are able to protect my account or finances so I'll be closing my account and finding a more responsible institution to bank with.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I have been banking with Wells Fargo for over 20 years since they were Wachovia. Have never had any major issues until about a week ago I tried to login to my mobile banking and it stated I had no accounts for online or Mobile use. I tried to go on from the computer and still no luck. So I called the online and Mobile Banking Department of Wells Fargo and was told that my account had possible fraud and was being investigated so my online banking and mobile banking was shut down. The one girl told me that my account would be open back 10 days after the investigation started which is on the 21st of August. She stated that it would definitely be back by the 1st of September. I called yesterday September 2nd and the lady told me the investigation didn't start until August 28th which was the last day I called and that my mobile app and all my online banking will not be up until September 10th.

Also nobody could tell me what the investigation was for although the first lady I spoke with had asked me if I was expecting to receive a large deposit from somebody into my account. I said I had no idea. I wasn't expecting anything from anybody. I'm sure it's just a cover-up of some fraudulent activity that is happening internally just like they did with the millions of other bank accounts. I just find it funny that nobody I talked to has any clue of why my particular account as being investigated even though it's only used for Uber and for me to pay my mortgage. Definitely very suspicious and I don't even have access to view my account on a regular basis to see what the heck it is that they are doing.

I believe every executive that works for Wells Fargo should be fired should be sued and fined and have their entire lives ripped apart houses and family taken away from them for everything they've done to everybody else. I'm sure there's plenty of people that can do that simple mindless job. Let's find them hire them and get rid of these corrupt heathens.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Recently opened a bank account at Wells Fargo. I explained that I had been the victim of several identity theft situations taking YEARS to resolve and costing me thousands of dollars after bank statements were stolen out of a locked USPS mail box. I asked them to under no circumstances send ANY mail to my home address. They agreed. Then they sent statements with account numbers as well as an ATM card to my mail box. I tried to call them and talk to them about this. On 8/31 for a period of over 2 hours I spoke to eight people at 1-800-877-4833. Every single person including supervisors were unable to help me. I was placed on hold eight times. The last person I spoke to who had a strong foreign accent insisted on my giving them my FULL social security number. Then the next day they called me again, a person named Myra from executive customer service called me at my home.

She had a real bad attitude. She told me she'd give me to a customer service specialist who would help me. She got that person on the line and then said she'd explained the entire situation to him and he'd now take care of me. She had not told him anything. I retold him all I wanted was the mail to stop coming to my home, he could not help me, he had to send me to another person. The same series of events that had occurred on the previous day started all over again with my explaining to person after person I only wanted the mail to stop coming to my home, and it ended the same way as the previous day with a foreign person who had no idea how to help me asking me for my full social security number (instead of just the last four digits).

So I am complaining that Wells Fargo's customer service is by far the worst I've ever seen in my 62 years of life. That they refuse to assist me in avoiding identity theft by continuing to send statement to me via hard copy mail when I've asked them now repeatedly to stop. And also facilitating ID theft by having their agents improperly ask for my entire SSN.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Had a checking and savings account with WF from the time they merged with Wachovia. This bank is a playground for the employees who all congregate in the teller area and shout to each other jokes and get sad when you ask them to keep it down because you cannot hear the teller. In view of the CEO scandal, had no confidence in them to trust my hard earned money with the bank and moved to a local credit union - quiet, customer focused and competent.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Of course it was easy to get a loan which I use to help get a car that I needed since my last car caught on fire. I've been banking with Wells Fargo for over 16 years so I figured getting a person one from them would make sense. I went on maternity leave this past summer and I did not have any income coming. My job does not offer maternity pay. I called them and asked them if they could put me on Lower payments or something or anything to help me get through the summer until I went back to work. Of course they were unable to help me. They said they don't offer any hardship assistance unless you are currently working which does not make any sense to me. How can you not help somebody when they are not making any income?

They were trying to get me to tap into my 401k do any means necessary basically to come up with this money which is ridiculous. So I've been struggling to pay them all summer because they call me every single day 3 times a day. It's actually ridiculous like they just don't care about their customers. They don't want to help. I think it's kind of sad that I've been with the bank for so long and then when I come to them in a time of need they pretty much turn me away and then just bother me even more.

How do you offer a hardship on somebody's working but if somebody goes on same eternally of and does not get paid for it that's something you can't hope. It's not like you can have a baby and go back to work the next day and they don't seem to understand anything like that and it's actually ridiculous that I have to wait till I go back to work to try to file for hardship, when all that extra money that I've been trying to get to paid in the summer I needed for diapers and stuff for the baby but they didn't seem to understand that.

If you take out a personal loan or anyone from Wells Fargo make sure you pay it on time or you'll suffer for it forever and they will not leave you alone about it and sometimes if you do go late they actually will tap into your bank account and just take the money out themselves as I have done previously and that's why I've had to pay them because I can't afford for them to go into a bank account and just take money out without me knowing when I have a child now that I have to take care of. I will never get another loan from Wells Fargo ever again and I'm very disappointed in their service and the lack of empathy that the service reps have basically "we understand you have a kid but we need you to pay this in this right now".

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Why?! After entering the wrong PIN twice my account is locked and I must go into the bank to reset it per Customer Service!!! It's after hours people!!! Give me at least 3 tries then the ability to change it online!!! I'm human and do sometimes forget PINS. Thank God it's not an emergency. I will be removing my savings from WF.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Wells Fargo gladly accepted bail out money from the US Gov't. However, god forbid that a person falls on hard times, communicates to them the issue, gets behind one payment and receives harassing, incessant auto dialed calls, with extremely RUDE individuals attempting to collect a debt. Especially, when you have been a stellar client for over 10 years.

I am baffled the audacity that they hide behind their policies and procedures and do not understand the human element. Furthermore, when you address your concerns of harassment with the WELLS FARGO Office Of the President, they refuse to help you, even if you are making your payments regularly. I spent over 30 hours speaking to 30 different employees of WELLS FARGO DEALER SERVICES and they are misinformed, rude and downright the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of doing business with, I urge any that reads this to boycott the worst offending BANKER in the USA.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I had a small food service business that I had opened up inside a call center so the food was to only be sold to the private employees. I had a probationary 6 month agreement with the call center's Director of Operations to see if the food business would be successful enough to continue on after the 6 months. DaVell ** of Wells Fargo in Las Vegas (**) had come to me asking if I would be interested in a Point of Sale terminal called a Clover. I told him that I wasn't sure if my food business would be successful enough to continue to stay in business as I was in a process of finding out if I could keep my business open long enough to even consider something like the Clover. He completely lied to my face with false information. He said that it wouldn't matter if my business closed down because he would have the contract terminated with no penalty fees based on the fact that the business didn't make it. He also lied on the length of the contract itself.

He came out to the location where I was working out of the small kitchen at the call center and as I was busy working he verbally explained the contract according to him and I signed without having the ability to read the documents. Unfortunately I trusted all that he was explaining to me of the contract and signed. Well 8 weeks later I had to closed up the business as it did not do well in sales. I called LaVell and he was now singing a different tune. Telling me that the contact could not be broken and I now had to pay penalties. Well those penalties are unaffordable to me.

I called to talk to his manager named James (**) and he never returned my first call after he told me he would call me back. I left a voice message for him asking him to call me back and I have yet to receive a call from him after 4 weeks now. I am receiving letters in the mail for collection of payment and it won't be long now for my credit to be ruined. Please Do Not do business with Wells Fargo as I am not the only one to be experiencing dirty business from this bank. Avoid them at all cost or you will regret it. They will lie to your face so long as they get you to sign.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I called 07/12/2017 and spoke with Demika to update my telephone number. Needlessly to say it was not done and as a result I missed important information from them, addition to Raul not understanding English and messing up my payment when I called in. Wells Fargo is crap. And their customer service representatives need more adequate training. I guess making fake accounts was the only training they received.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

My review does not include giving Wells Fargo Financial a star. Wells Fargo acquired what is now called Wells Fargo Financial from a loan finance company some years ago. Wells Fargo Financial has held up the closing of my home by their inability to provide the title company with a payoff amount. We now wonder if there is a cover up going on. We have spoke with 6 people two purporting to be a manager and was promised a pay off amount in 2 hours or at 9:00 am the morning of the close. Property to close at 11 am EST.

This process started more than 3 weeks ago and we have gotten nothing to date. Their policy is that requests are processed in 10 business days. We spoke with people who just got frustrated and hung up the phone on us. We spoke with people who did not know their job well enough to process the request. This is as recent as ten minutes ago. The excuse was to hold on the computer went down, next thing I heard the connection was gone. I still have no pay off amount, my house cannot close and I have dealt with employees that just do not care. Wells Fargo is moving toward a company who people have not faith in.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Been banking with Wells Fargo for over 15 years. The past year has been a nightmare of incompetency and apathy. It's truly shocking and I just can't do it anymore. In April, they said that we had to close down all of our accounts and start new accounts because my wife's information "was found in a fraud ring" they were tracking. This was terrible news on its own as we have several accounts most of which are tied to our business and our clients make transfers to these accounts and have for years. To start from scratch on everything was not fun. However, had I known that I would be met by an army of Wells Fargo employees who didn't care one bit about helping us out, I would have just taken our business to another bank. Instead, we began the process of setting everything up new again and it literally took more than 4 months and 10+ hours a week on the phone and email with them to get everything set and working again.

It was a gauntlet of incompetence and apathy. Truly shocking. During the process, a WF employee told me that they have seen this happening to a lot of accounts and they had heard that it might be the people Wells Fargo is using in India and that the people they are using in India are stealing customer information and using it. Of course I don't know if that's true, but it would make sense and it's crazy an employee would share that with me.

Since we have had things setup, I have run into issue after issue. This week alone, I found out that my debit card had been canceled. Very snotty local branch teller let me know when I tried to use it. Then they (same teller) told me that funds from a check we were depositing wouldn't be available for about two weeks. I get it that they need to verify funds from another national bank, but why would it take two weeks?

That experience pushed me to simply go to the other bank and setup an account with them, get a cashier's check and deposit it in the account. When I did that, they said that the Wells Fargo system was trying to put a hold on the funds for the cashier's check, which I am told is illegal. It was a fair amount of effort to get the funds in my account.

The last straw was this morning. I logged in to do a mobile deposit and was told that they were going to place a hold on the deposit and it would either be added to my account in one day or they would notify me by mail if there was a problem. Absolutely crazy to notify me by mail instead of email or calling. I can't do it anymore.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

When I opened both checking and savings accounts with Wells Fargo two and a half years ago, I didn't experience any major issues with them until now. Two months ago, my checking account was in overdraft. I called the Overdraft Protection Department to make payment arrangements. As soon as my paycheck arrived in my savings account, my whole paycheck was gone! I called the bank in tears, demanding to have my money back. Despite filing a complaint against the Overdraft Protection Department, the damage was done. They disregarded the agreement, and I was labeled a liar multiple times by numerous representatives. Because of them, I couldn't pay my bills, buy groceries and almost had my electricity turned off. I've already opened a checking account with a different bank, and looking forward to severing ties with Wells Fargo. I wouldn't recommend this bank to anyone, unless if you enjoy getting screwed over.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

My experiences in the city of Spokane are better than they were in Houston. Here in WA, I feel that I am getting more personalized service, although there are not as many branches. This bank was not as fast to catch on to fraud protection as other banks though. We had an issue and they accused us of being complicit. But one bank manager believed us, and we got our money back.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

In 2015 my husband received an insurance settlement. The check was drawn on Wells Fargo and our bank wanted to hold it for 30 days because of the size of the check. We went to Wells Fargo to cash the check knowing they would charge a fee because we didn't have an account. Once we got up to the teller she told us she couldn't cash the check without manager approval. OK fine. The manager comes over and escorts us to her office and explains to us the only way they will cash the check is if we opened a checking and savings account and she would allow us $2500 that day and the rest would be available in the new account the next business day. We had no choice. This was his worker's compensation back pay and we needed the money to pay back rent, utilities, etc. Basically we were extorted into opening accounts. If we didn't open the account we wouldn't be able to cash the check.

Wells Fargo Company Information