1.88/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Wells Fargo

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

2160 Wells Fargo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I love Wells Fargo. My entire family has banked with them since they purchased all of the Wachovia banks. The transition to Wells Fargo was a simple and smooth. Their apps are wonderful as well.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

When my account was victimized by fraud, Wells Fargo did OK until, without warning, they denied access to download my previous year's records -- thus hampering my tax prep efforts.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Wells Fargo = professionalism and excellent customer service compared to Chase and Bank of America where I have banked before. Every encounter I've ever had, be in person, via the web or phone, I have always had a very positive experience. The person(s) I interacted with are courteous and appeared truly happy to be of service - NICE!!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

08/08/17 - Called Wells Fargo from Chile. Told must make international wire transfer IN PERSON. 08/10/17 arrived on overnight flight and handed banker a filled in form with all pertinent information on WF Check list, he submitted 8/14/17. Went to bank to inform that recipient account # was wrong and other information missing. Funds withdrawn from my account 08/10 but not received in Chile. Given a ref # after giving correct information. 08/15. Went to WF. Saw banker who again took the correct information and submitted it. 8/16 went to WF. Saw banker who confirmed information had been updated that day and gave me another ref#. 8/16 no record of funds yet in Chile. Had to fly to Chile. 8/18 Bank in Chile requested proof of transfer instructions which was asked via email and phone to WF Bank manager. 8/ 20, 21, 22 Still no funds and no proof instructions. Just a note that the bank was "escalating the process."

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I have never had any issue with Wells Fargo online access, or banking services. There have been no known breaches of my personal information or any leaks of information.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

The staff is always helpful however I dislike the $10 monthly fee if you don't have direct deposit, swipe your card 10 times in a month at a store or go below 1500.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Wells Fargo has mismanaged its customers' money for centuries. Their stagecoaches were robbed, almost daily, and usually it was an inside job committed by their own people during the Old West. Nowadays, they rob their customers in a multitude of shams, and schemes. Just a few: by charging ridiculous overdraft fees, unless the customer specifically declines that option. Re-ordering, or timing the transaction's documentation, or timeline, or its sequence, so that OD fees will be incurred; creating new accounts under existing customers' names, and exposing their sensitive, personal data to hackers; They're one of the reasons for the Housing/Finacial Crisis of the mid 2000's, and they're still practicing the same tactics for which they were previously fined billions, for destroying the lives of millions of honest Americans. Crooks.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

When I first joined WF I was giving these people at 300-400 in overdraft fees. I begged and pleaded with them to stop holding payments and release when they collected their money. It wasn't fair. Then a class action lawsuit was brought about, it helped some but I carefully watch my account. I have a dedicated account for bills alone. They have a ways to go however, they have come a long way as well.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Account got hacked a couple years ago but Wells Fargo's fraud unit caught it. It was a major pain to close and open new accounts. Also, sold my home and took 23 days to clear proceeds check. Local attorneys' trust check. They called it 7 day hold. Weekends and holidays made it 23 days.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

They will tell you anything to get you to start the loan process, assuring you all the way to the underwriter's big NO that there will be no problem. I brought up my concerns at the very beginning, and these were the factors that lead to the loan non-approval, but meeting with 3 layers of loan officers it was obvious in retrospect that they just throw anything at the wall and hope something sticks to get a nice commission.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

At my local branch, the tellers and managers are always helpful and very friendly. When I was charged fees on my savings account they helped me change the type of account so it wouldn't happen again and got the charged refunded. Banking there is quick and easy.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I've been with Wells Fargo about 15 yrs. After returning from several yrs of being overseas, WF helped me reestablish bank accounts, credit, investments & auto financing. They have been responsive to problems, taken appropriate actions when needed. I'm very satisfied with Wells Fargo banking.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I have been with Wells Fargo since 2009 and never had a problem until now. I had to call Wells Fargo three times due to packages not being delivered or the package has arrived damaged. When I called customer service they transferred me to their dispute department who never filed my dispute or gave me a claim number. This wasn't the first time. I called and made two more disputes that never got filed and was even given a false claim number.

When I called Wells Fargo dispute department I was told they have no disputes on file. Got a call a few weeks ago from The Wells Fargo dispute department telling me they need more info on the dispute I filed against Vons. I never filed a dispute against Vons and told the guy everything was fine. Wells Fargo filed the dispute in error. When I contacted customer service and told them my disputes aren't being filed and if they are it's for the wrong charge I just get told "I know this must be frustrating for you." Customer Service was Unapologetic and unhelpful and rude. Currently looking for a new bank.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Clerks were rude. When I tried to cash a check drawn to me on my acct. to pay a contractor. Refused a CC, couldn't get a loan, refused to reverse a fine cause I couldn't make it to the bank due to snow. I closed the acct and don't deal with them anymore.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Even though Wells Fargo has had its difficulties in the past I have always received the best care from them whether it be in person, on the phone or online.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I have always had great experiences at Wells Fargo. Customer service has been very helpful where needed. I have been to several different branches and had had the same experience at all of them.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I know they have had their problems and that humans for you, marketing on TV, they are trying hard to get back public's trust. Clerks behind the window are well trained and can count. They are very friendly and their first language is English or they speak English well with good diction. That's important for us old heads. Also easy access, good parking and bright.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I like to bank with Wells Fargo. Everything is going good. They're very helpful and good service friendly people. They explain real good how the bank works and have the right information to give a customer to bank with their bank.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Love Wells Fargo. People who work there are very caring and personable. If you have a problem you go to the bank and they fix it immediately. Easy to get to, within walking distance, right in the neighborhood.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I caught a fraud charge and then they asked me about another one that just came in - a charge in the UK. And the credit card fraud that came to light. Closed my credit card account.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I've been banking with Wells Fargo for a long time. For many years, I only had checking and savings. I liked their companion savings idea. That would save to the next dollar. Then I liked the savings incurred for every checking transaction. I refinanced a car loan through WF. I'm almost finished and am pleased with this company.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

We refinanced our home a little over a year ago through Wells Fargo. They were extraordinarily helpful, gave us a great rate and their service was outstanding. We have virtually all of our financial products with Wells Fargo and couldn't be more pleased, despite their one glitch of bad press, which has since been rectified, but didn't affect us.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I have been with Wells Fargo since they took over my bank and my experience with them has been positive. I do all my banking online, drive-thru and in person at Wells Fargo and find them to be user friendly and they have good customer service from my experiences.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I gave customer service a low score because I have had some problems with them before. My situation is unique where I have a trust checking account I have no access to that a family member controls. It is linked to my personal checking account to transfer money to. Both of our names are on the account because it is the only way for them to transfer to my checking account from another account I have no access to.

My family member was allowed to create his own access using his own login and password to access my personal Wells Fargo account without my permission which should be illegal. His only responsibility is a one-way transfer not to snoop around in my checking account. Some Trustees think they can do as they please. I inquired with two different representatives at Wells Fargo and received two different answers. One said this was illegal and the other said it was legal. It's like the left arm doesn't know what the right arm is doing or they need to start educating their employees.

After that was done he then ordered checks for my own personal Wells Fargo account then charged my account for it. This was done behind my back. I didn't find out until the bank notified me the checks were on their way which I'm assuming my brother also received because he sent me an email about that. He got caught and probably didn't realize both of us would be notified. It was4 an error on his part and he intended to order for the trust account instead.

Wells Fargo has a lot of explaining to do about this and if it wasn't for me having to keep that checking account open I would close out my Wells Fargo account. What they allowed my family member to do was unethical. His name is only on my account for that trust account to access my personal account not for any other purpose. Since my brother refuses to send me bank statements for that account after saying he would, I have no way of finding out if fraud is involved. I can thank Wells Fargo for that. They do have good security, but just how secure was my account if someone can do this. This just shows if you have somebody's account number you can very easily hack it.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Although Wells Fargo had some hiccups in the recent past, I can truly say that they are striving to get to the level and standards that they were founded on. Good for you Wells Fargo!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Been with this bank over 20 years, most have been good. But advisors are hard to reach, bad on returning phone calls. Local level they are great. Never had a security problems.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I've been a customer of this particular bank before it was acquired by Wells Fargo. The customer service has not changed. Always someone available to offer you advice or point you in the right direction.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I opened my account at Wachovia. Several years later Wachovia was bought out by Wells Fargo. After the initial problems, Wells Fargo has continuously refused to allow transfers from my account to accounts of known individuals of myself, and consistently has refused to allow transfers to my own accounts at Citibank. Consistently Wells Fargo has used Hinder to prevent the use by myself of my own account and has placed any number of excuses to do so, in exactly the same form and manner that that same Hinder has been placed in the 60's and 70's against the Vote for Woman and African Descendants. This form and manner of Hinder and its excuses amount to determined fraud, it being not in doubt that forms of War Profiteering, Racial preferences and abuse of "Homeland security" protocols would be in play to commit these forms of fraud through Hinder.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I think Wells Fargo is a sorry bank. They've taken money not owed to them from my account. Twice with piss poor customers service. Bad manners toward customers.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Wells Fargo is very understanding and always willing to work with their customers. You can rest assure they are there to see to your needs and help with any issues.

Wells Fargo Company Information