4.1/5 (1471 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Cassidy McCants

About Rocket Mortgage

Rocket Mortgage offers a simplified online experience to apply for a home loan or refinancing. You can apply for a mortgage and then manage the loan completely online through the company’s website or mobile app. Rocket Mortgage’s Home Loan Experts are available by phone if you need assistance. The company markets itself to those with good credit who plan to buy a home or refinance within the next six months.

Pros

• Online convenience
  • Refinancing options
  • Available nationwide

Cons

• No in-person services
  • No construction loans

Bottom Line

Rocket Mortgage provides a digital home loan experience. Some might find the service impersonal, but others enjoy the convenience. It offers customized recommendations and free resources to educate customers.

Rocket Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Mortgage?

Original review: May 14, 2022

This is my second time refinancing with Rocket Mortgage. All of the people involved made it seem easy to accomplish what I needed whether I needed cash out and/or paying of creditors. I would recommend ROCKET in a heartbeat.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Dorlan was absolutely fabulous working with us to get over the finish line. Loved the website dashboard. It made everything so easy. Would highly recommend Rocket Mortgage based on my experience. We refinanced 2 properties, the service was that good.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Rocket Mortgage is AWESOME, everyone is the company is caring, understanding and knowledgeable. John was AWESOME and helpful in getting my loan rate Locked and extended due some paperwork issues on my end. Once this was completed the Process was easy and quick. Thank you Rocket Mortgage for helping me getting my life back through the Mortgage Refinance with Cash Out.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I was put in for an FHA loan at first-WITHOUT my knowledge! There were new tasks on our dashboard EVERY DAY! When I FINALLY talked to Matt, he set me up for conventional. We went through with the appraisal and no word from him for days. I texted to ask and his reply was that the appraisal was taking longer than usual. After the 2nd week, I texted Matt to say that, "I'm under the assumption that this loan is not going to happen". He replied back with, "It came in at X AMOUNT, I'm working on the approval now". After hours of no word from Matt, I logged in to my dashboard to find a letter of denial. VERY unprofessional way to learn that we were denied. It states in the denial letter that someone should have already SPOKEN with us about our denial... That was NOT the case!!!! No way I would recommend this kind of behavior to ANYONE!!!

Original review: May 5, 2022

I wanted to catch the wave on low interest rates before the fed pushed the rates higher but feared my credit score was too low. I decided to submit to Rocket just to try and see what came of it! It was a Sunday night, within 1 hour I received a call from a Rocket Rep (Sunday), I was shocked. Every step of the way this person worked with me, answered questions, and noted my credit score was actually good (Credit Karma, whatever!), anyway this person even cleared a concern I received from another well know reality company debunking comments made about Rocket!!

The who process from start to finish took less the 1.5 month start to funding saving me tens of thousands on my mortgage and reducing the years I had to pay off on top of that! I have been through a few refi deals on my home and without a question Rocket has been the best on all counts from personal service and dedication to customer satisfaction, to quick action on loan, to no hidden fees... You can't go wrong here.

Original review: May 5, 2022

They will call you non-stop and not remove you from their call list, no matter how many times you ask. They give misinformation to customers and refuse to do anything to assist customers with anything other than taking their money. I went from Wells Fargo where I had a horrible experience then I moved to Quicken Loans and the Rocket Mortgage took over. Ever since Rocket Mortgage has been involved the customer service and experience has gotten worse and it is now essentially the same status of Wells Fargo. They are nothing more than a machine that will take you for every penny they can take without a care in the world about their customers or the humans behind the dollars. Such a sad death of a formerly ethical company. RIP Quicken Loans.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Enjoyed working with Rocket Mortgage! Literally the entire process was EASY! We are very thankful for the ease of the process that everyone made the refinance with cash out quick and painless. Even assisted in when our appraisal came back much higher than we thought.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Professional and easy. Agents were knowledgeable and then whole process was easy. Every team member was very easy to work with. The application process went smoothly. Processing the loan was fast. The closing team was fabulous as well as the title company.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Everyone that I worked with made this such a stress-free and easy transaction. Bruce ** made it so easy. He was clear in his explanations and very quick to respond to any questions or concerns that I may have had. The Amrock Representative made the closing so easy. Quick and efficient. I will definitely recommend Rocket Mortgage.

Original review: May 3, 2022

From start to finish my experience was excellent. I would recommend Rocket to anyone. I appreciate everything done for me and my family in buying our first home. I have no complaints to give, everyone we worked with was awesome.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I had a mortgage with them in 2011, and currently have a mortgage with them opened in 2019. Great company to work with. Fast, efficient, good rates. My problem is the phone calls. I have received 38 calls at home and at work in less than 3 weeks. I have asked them repeatedly to stop calling, and they ignore me and continue. I am about one more call away from researching ways to report them. Great mortgage company, horrible sales team.

Original review: May 2, 2022

People: All personnel I dealt with were professional, courteous, knowledgeable and very personable. Process: Although cumbersome occasionally, a very streamlined process nonetheless. With the Rocket app; it was a snap to keep up with my “To Do” items and get them done on a very timely basis. Even before Rocket changed their name, we re-financed with them (you). It was that transaction that sold me. The process was so quick, I was stunned. Rocket rocks, having the process down thoroughly.

Original review: May 1, 2022

Went smoothly because of great communication. Two weeks from start to finish. The website is terrific and kept us informed and well prompted for information. When we encountered problems a live person was available for assistance.

Original review: April 29, 2022

My recent experience financing a new house with Rocket Mortgage went well until we arrive at the closure phase. The closure consultant didn't provide me enough information and advice regarding the way they handle the closure numbers, especially the seller's credits, and that caused us a loss of money. When I posed the problem the final response from the executives was "We understand that the experience when closing could have been better. However, the loan is closed and we can not change how the loan closed". In previous communications, they accepted the error, but unfortunately, they don't have the willingness to make it right.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Smooth, professional and knowledgeable. The person helping me out was always there for us day and night. Never get us any negative response, If he didn’t know the answer he would find out and get it for us. Thank you for a wonderful experience like in the past.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Outstanding service, professionalism, dedication to give us the best opportunity and as well as Freda ** were the 2 keys to be able to achieve our goal of buying our dream house. Justin always was answering all my questions, doubts and help me in every way possible when I didn't know how to upload things in the app as well as explaining me with details all the procedure we need to do. Thank you both for your dedication.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Overall my experience with Rocket Mortgage was positive and we are satisfied with our refinance. Everyone I worked with at Rocket Mortgage was professional and friendly and things basically ran smoothly the whole way through. The only thing I might suggest improving on is the communication around the time of the appraisal and closing. It wasn't always clear what was going on and what the anticipated time frame for the different steps was. It's not a major problem and as I said we are happy with the refinance process overall, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Original review: April 25, 2022

I really liked how I was kept in the loop on each step. I received emails and even follow-up phone calls to be sure I understood what to do. I was constantly asked if I had questions. The process was seamless.

Original review: April 23, 2022

Buying a rental property was made simple and easy. The process was smooth and well explained. Ms. ** was very professional yet down to earth and friendly she humanized the process and walked us through it in a way that helped us all to

Original review: April 22, 2022

The team I dealt with for my refinance were, efficient, polite and made this process easy with no stress. I've never experienced such teamwork while working with a mortgage company. I'm happy I took my co-worker's recommendation and gave Rocket a call as I was extremely frustrated with the service I was receiving with my previous mortgage company.

Original review: April 22, 2022

The loan application and approval process was excellent. The loan closing was brutal, inefficient and controlled with automated emails to me that were not relevant at the time. Numerous corrections needed to be made and repeated in messaging to this part of the organization.

Original review: April 21, 2022

This was the easiest homebuying experience I have ever had. There was always someone available to speak with if I had questions and the process was smooth and easy. I was even able to text questions and received a prompt answer every time. I will be using Rocket Mortgage again.

Original review: April 19, 2022

It was a smooth and easy refinance. We really liked how each step had its own team of people that were extremely professional and knowledgeable and patient with us. We could chat online or call. They even closed at our home at a convenient time for us. We highly recommend them.

Original review: April 19, 2022

What a breeze. Easy, fast & friendly. That was by far the best refi I have ever done. Everything was quick. All questions answered quickly and accurately. Got the closing scheduled quickly. The notary was great and personable. Would definitely use you again in the future! Thanks

Original review: April 18, 2022

My refi took over 40 days because of a VA requirement. One of the associates seemed a bit rude and pawned me off on another but then things picked up and finished the process. I wanted a certain amount but was then notified I could take more so I did. I was grateful.

Original review: April 18, 2022

The Rocket Mortgage team was very helpful when I decided to do a cash-out refinance in March. They were very quick to answer questions at any time and helped even outside of normal business hours. They made the whole process very easy and have recommended to my family for refinancing and I highly recommend them for purchasing and/or refinancing.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Our refinance process was user friendly, efficient and a very good experience. Dana ** was a pleasure to work with. He was very personable, easy to work with and always available to answer our questions and concerns. I have already recommended Rocket Mortgage to my friends.

Original review: April 17, 2022

Rocket Mortgage is awful! I'm trying to refinance and it's been a nightmare. Too many people involved and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I originally had Tyler ** as my personal banker. We started off with a conventional loan. My DTI was high (apparently he didn't check this originally??) so he ends up switching my loan to FHA without asking me or telling me about it. When I first spoke with him I specifically told him I didn't want PMI. FHA loans always require PMI. I left Tyler numerous messages and sent numerous emails with no response. When I did get a call, he would call me at work when I asked him not to. I had so many questions that never got answered. Eventually my requests were escalated to Shelby **. She also likes to email and I told her with something this important, I prefer to speak over the phone to get all my questions answered and she has yet to honor this request.

I have another property where I'm on the deed with my father, mortgage is paid off but they still need to verify that I'm not financially responsible for taxes and insurance. So what they're doing is asking for financial bank statements from a non Rocket Mortgage client (my father). My local bank has told me this is an extremely strange request. I have had to upload 50+ documents and it's still not satisfactory enough for them. The answers I get are never consistent. I am looking into refinancing through a different lender. I cannot handle any more stress just to refinance. It's not ok to ask for financial records from a client who has no association with them. That's sketchy and almost sounds like a scam.

Original review: April 16, 2022

While I appreciate the promptness of the team. Communication was overlooked about my deposit and now the owner of the home has been shorted nearly 4k and is asking me for money. The ball was dropped with so many hands in the pot!

Original review: April 14, 2022

Everything was steady and resourceful. Customer service was excellent. Everyone did a great job and "thank you." I have to admit the people are very professional and responsible. From the beginning to the end, I was satisfied with the whole process. I would recommend Rocket Mortgage wishing to refinance and or buy a home. I hope I can get another opportunity with Rocket Mortgage to either purchase or receive another loan.

Rocket Mortgage Company Information