Rocket Mortgage

Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Rocket Mortgage

Rocket Mortgage (NMLS #3030) offers an online application process to help borrowers get home purchase loans and refinances. You can apply for a mortgage and manage the loan completely online through Rocket’s website or mobile app, and the company’s representatives are available by phone if needed. Rocket Mortgage is a popular option for refis in particular. Rocket Mortgage now also includes Quicken Loans, which recently rebranded to Rocket. Note that some consumer reviews may still reference Quicken Loans.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Largest U.S. mortgage lender by 2021 numbers
  • Available nationwide
  • 100% online application
Cons
  • No in-person services
  • No construction loans or HELOCs

Stars Rating

• 30%
  • 40%
  • 9%
  • 2%
  • 18%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Mortgage?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Mortgage?

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2023

Back in September 2023 apply for a FHA or a USDA homeowner loan because I had finally got my credit up maybe missing my mom of four children. The only dream I have is to have a roof over their heads and a safe place for them to sleep, play their heads at night. They deny me because I had an eviction charge that was 7 years old on my record as soon as they seen that they did not me I thought that you wasn't supposed to be held against after 6 years but they're not the only ones that drive me a bunch of places to buy me to try to get me and my children at home government low income housing and everything. I draw disability each month and I have four children on a fix income.

The whole thing was all good until they got my background check then they started treating me different and try to tell me that my credit wasn't available for the grants or the programs and come to find out 2 weeks later they're calling me and email me want to take me as a client. I think it's pretty messed up the way they done me the first time and it's hard it makes it hard for people that draws disability to be able to become owner and it's wrong. There should be laws to protect us so that we can have the American dream of home ownership one day.

Reviewed Dec. 25, 2023

A year ago our home insurance elapsed while we were traveling and we immediately extended it. We did not get any reminders. Now Rocket charged us $67,000 to cover a year ago. We have insurance as of 10/10. We did not file any claims. Insurance is supposed to forward looking and not backward to a year ago.

Reviewed Nov. 14, 2023

Had the unfortunate pleasure to communicate with Jose ** a riple Crown Banker with Rocket Mortgage. I told him I was only interested in a home equity loan and then proceeded with application, exchange of documents, credit check and more. 5 days later after I called and emailed and did online chat, Jose finally responds with an offer to refinance my house. Of which I did not ask for, then as a response to my email asking for the home refinance offer; he informs me that Rocket mortgage does not offer home equity loans in my state. Could have saved alot of time, by just stating that in the opening prior to engaging in worthless banter. Would highly suggest another lender, this one starts off by deceiving potential clients.

Reviewed Nov. 12, 2023

I reached out to Rocket Mortgage via online application form. I will say that they did call me bright and early the next morning and the first lady that was on the phone was very pleasant. however she transferred me over to this gentleman. Who seemed more interested in calling me stupid for looking at my credit report. and advise me. I should never look at my own credit report as I’m too dumb to do so I spent at least 15 to 20 minutes on the phone and he continue to assault my intelligence even after I warned him, his words were coming off, abrasive and arrogant. I don’t know.

What type of training you guys put the people through but as this will be my first time buying a home I will make sure to tell everybody. I know you never use this company because it was the absolute worst customer service experience I have ever had in my life, and that being said, I have been in customer service for the last 20 years. Overall, I left a foul taste in my mouth. If you’re thinking of using this company don’t. That gentleman was totally unprofessional. Thankfully I have found a loan officer who is professional and courteous and local this evening. Who is more than happy to help me buying my first house. Your loss Rocket Mortgage.

Reviewed Oct. 30, 2023

At first they were okay and the end of the day they will ask nonsense documents.. But I did my closing recently MJXLending with the owner itself Kos.. He is very helpful. Don’t go ROCKET MORTGAGE. I won’t deal with them ever.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingRates

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2023

Rocket Mortage told me they would get me the lowest rates possible which made me jump at the chance to work with them. They asked for a good faith deposit which was explained as a hold which I would receive back just to make sure the company was not wasting their time. Long story short it did not go through. Then when asking about the return of my deposit I was told it would be less the credit check and apprasial. After 2 weeks of not receiving it back called them back they said well actually the apprasial was 685 dollars so we took a loss. Seriously a scam. I will never recommend this company they are not upfront about their business practices and definitely make sure you are not well informed. For those who it did work out for kudos to you. But I feel they should always be upfront regarding money regardless of your financial situation. An expensive lesson of 500 has been learned.

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2023

I did a refi with Rrocket Mortgage about 3 years ago. For the first year it went all right, But as time went on it got worse. The past year and some have been a nightmare. In May I had a financial hardship hit me when I had a knee replacement and had to stop working for a while, but I Was able to get help with my mortgage from an agency that gives a one-time voucher which gave me enough to pay about one and a half times a mortgage payment. Rocket mortgage didn't ask me how I wanted it dispersed. They just took it up on themselves to disperse it as they chose.

The rep who did it got it messed up and it had to be recalculated. The lame-minded girl who did it moved a bunch of payments around and messed up my payment history very badly. When you go on to the website and look at my payment history it's very hard to make heads or tails of even my realtor/accountant is having trouble figuring it out. It appears like the way it's been moved around there are payments that have been credited and debited and now they're saying that I missed one of my mortgage payments. I told them, I am very adamant when it comes to watching over my finances, bills, mortgage payments and everything as such. I would have known it if I had missed a mortgage payment.

So now as my accountant and I go over it we see where there are some debits and credits that don't make any sense, and they are in my favor. So they have created this mess. And now they say I am behind and are forcing me to pay it. I do not do automatic payments and I have stressed time and again over recorded conversations (so they say) on the phone with their customer service reps (who are absolute tyrants) I have literally been threatened to have my condo repossessed over this one payment behind if I didn't get it paid by the end of the month. So I spoke to a lady in resolutions named Michelle. It took three times talking to her that she finally told me it is our desire to work with you to keep you in your condo not to take you out of it.

If you don't get the payment which is behind (which I'm not even sure it is) paid by the end of the month we will work it out with you. So that set my mind at ease a little knowing that if I absolutely had to have a little more time to make up what they say I'm behind, I could. That was 2 days ago I spoke with her on October 25th. So I wake up this morning on October 27th and they have automatically taken the funds out of my account and overdrawn it grossly! I am so upset I can't even believe they would do such a fraudulent corrupt thing such as this, after I told them time and again on recorded calls DO NOT ever take money automatically out of my account! And they absolutely did it anyway!

If I can't get this fixed today I am going to go to every entity I can find to report them for these fraudulent and corrupt activities against me!! Unbelievable that they are so desperate. All of this, over one payment that they claim I am behind! If I could go back and put my mortgage back with Morgan Chase I would so most definitely do it! Beware of this company in their desperate and corrupt activities!

Customer ServiceRates

Reviewed Oct. 23, 2023

I've dealt with two SENIOR bankers who kept guessing what documents I need to provide just to hear from their underwriters that the document is not valid, going back and forth numerous times, no response when needed by me or my realtor, and the list goes on and on. I'd rather paying a higher rate with another lender and not their supposedly lower rate. Wasted too much with them for me to continue here. Stay away if you can.

Rates

Reviewed Oct. 19, 2023

Instead of Rocket Mortgage waiting for my insurance company to send the right bill Rocket Mortgage sends an exorbitant amount out without calling or questioning it. Every year they have applied it back to my escrow account but not this year. This year they applied it to my mortgage and decided while I was in the hospital for a month to take out extra from my account. My payment is normally $2070 but they took out $2496.27, (they say they only took out $300 extra and even that is wrong), in September and October 2023.

Now they say they took a survey of my escrow in JULY so they are keeping the extra except for $38 dollars. In my opinion this is a rip off company DO NOT USE!!!! Now I'm in financial straights that they caused. My only option may be to get a lawyer to straighten out this mess. Just as soon as interest rates go down I am leaving this company that takes your money and doesn't say anything. BTW: I have black-and-white proof of everything I have said. They took $426.27 times 2 out but want to reimburse $38. Someone needs to recalculate.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessRatesTransparency

Reviewed Oct. 16, 2023

You would think that since you are making one of the biggest decisions of your life you will have people supporting you and people you can trust but this experience showed me that you have to look out for yourself. Since the text is limited, I have to make a long story short. I reached out to Rocket beginning of summer 2023, especially because I saw the promotion, they were offering towards your closing cost. James ** was our original representative. He will always call and check in and see if there was something I needed while I was in the process of house searching.

Fast forward to October, now I have Carl ** as my rep. On this day, I wanted to lock in my rate since I had found a home. Carl was off and now I was talking to Michael (didn't catch his last name). Michael stated to me that the current rate was 7.75% and he explained that if I wanted a lower rate such as 7.375% or 7.125% it will cost me X amount. I decide to go with 7.75% (he never stated this comes with a price). He sends me the loan estimate in which I am expected to acknowledge and sign the disclosure.

I notice a section that reads Discount Points $5,974. I called Michael and asked him what this charge was from, he was ‘beating around the bush’ with his responses. I eventually, understood that I would have to pay this price in order to get the rate of 7.75% (but when we spoke on the phone, the first time he never mentioned it). That’s my first problem. Second, my offer was $590,000, we were giving 70,000 down payment. Why is my loan amount $531,000? And not $520,000. When I questioned Carl (the next day) he spoke to me with an attitude and told me “it’s nothing, I changed it, it’s nothing!” with an aggressive tone.

At this point, I already knew I did not want to do business with this company. I decided to inquire somewhere else for my mortgage and was able to get 7.5% with no points. I told Carl, and he counter offers with 7.375% with no points. I asked him to see it in writing the problem was that he wanted me to give my credit card information so I can pay for the appraisal. I repeatedly said I can't do that when I haven't seen a correct loan estimate and with the new rate he offered at no points. He was very persistent that I needed to provide my credit card before he sends it of course I didn't.

He eventually, sent it after my husband got on the phone and told him we weren't going to pay for anything without seeing the loan estimate. He eventually sent it, and there it was (what he didn't want us to see) a rate of 7.375% for a Discount Point of $13,939. Words cannot explain how disappointed I feel. Their words don't match what's on paper, please be careful. I highly recommend going to somewhere else for your mortgage needs. These people are untrustworthy.

Reviewed Oct. 10, 2023

I have never been so mad with Rocket Mortgage before and experienced such incompetence. I hope if I performed that way I would be yelled at and fired on the spot. It took 15 days for this mortgage company to process my check. It was in fact lost. I talked to several managers and supervisors in the executive office who only wanted to share their knowledge of their incompetence. Then after I was told my check was lost, on the same day, the very same day, I did a stop payment with my bank. Later the same day I received a thank you email stating Rocket Mortgage received the payment. Unbelievable! SO, I called my bank to stop the cancellation of my stop payment check. It was a Friday, so I knew my mortgage company is so slow to process anything. All was well.

It was all clear and I took care of everything, or so I thought. Then 4 days later I got a notice from my mortgage company that a stop payment was issued on the check. Unbelievable. My bank told me that the check was good since Friday. It was four days later that my mortgage company could not cash the check. It is so crazy. My bank said that they could go ahead and process the check again, but Rocket Mortgage did not want to, so I had to call my bank again to cancel the check once more. Unbelievable. I now will only send electronic payments through my bank to Rocket Mortgage. I also do not trust this company to process anything without the support of my bank. I advise you to have a second source when dealing with these so-called incompetent employees at Rocket Mortgage. Some computers are much more effective and infinitely more compassionate than the employees at Rocket Mortgage. Unbelievable.

Reviewed Oct. 5, 2023

I never seen such unprofessionalism as this company. We have gone from one loan person to another and they judge you by your age and other illegal activities and gloat in the amount of money they can limit to you... We can buy just about anything but they think their power is like a judge. We wound up getting 3x more money at a local bank and are very happy now. The broker or financial wizards at Rocket feel like they "Rule the roost," as they say. Glad I dumped them.

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

As a current borrower, my refinance (HELOAN) was a complete disaster. I was provided poor information, in an untimely matter that caused the HELOAN not to close. RUN AWAY! Also lowered my credit -110 points. Imagine that, right at the final step to close.

Reviewed Sept. 17, 2023

Watch out. As soon as my house was appraised my "TEAM" disappeared but the documents to sign kept coming with numbers $$$ not adding up. Finally "Tony" called me back saying he had taken some sick days and that I was not making HIM feel any better. I lost $500. Don't lose your $5000. TRUE STORY. Nurses with purses beware.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed Aug. 28, 2023

Rocket Mortgage is the worst company I’ve ever dealt with. Because our current mortgage is with them, we decided to reach out to them first about a $20K home equity loan. Being the cautious person that I am, I spent 3 days talking with an agent prior to finally pulling the trigger. Our talks included what I was looking for, what I didn’t want to happen, and why I was hesitant because of an auto dealership that even after I had my loan secured externally took it upon themselves to run 3 hard inquiries because THEY thought they could get me a better rate than the one I had already secured. I finally agreed to let this man pull a hard inquiry and begin the “home equity” loan process. I told him I’d be available Monday and he could contact me then and we’d get everything worked out.

He was persistent and insisted there were a few things that could be handled immediately to speed up Monday. That was a lie! He then messaged me repeatedly to try to get everything done Friday afternoon at 3:00. He asked for my permission to run the hard inquiry and told me that it may result in a “couple” of phone calls when the inquiry hits the credit unions from other lenders. Then he sent an e-signature doc describing the loan terms. It wasn’t a home equity loan at all. This man performed a hard inquiry for a mortgage without my permission! A mortgage that at bare minimum due to current rates would cost me $200K more than my current mortgage. When I told him that wasn’t what I talked with him about he proceeded to try and coax me into this being a better idea than the equity loan. I ended the conversation at this point.

Saturday, I received 6 phone calls from 8 AM to 9 PM (yes that’s correct) from companies saying they can get me a better rate. Sunday there were 2 more. Now here it is Monday morning and from 8:08 AM through 10:04 AM I’ve received 35 phone calls and 8 text messages from lenders looking for my business. Rocket Mortgage is selling your info for profit, there’s no doubt about it. While talking about this with family, one said, “my sister works for them, you should see what they did to her headshots!” (36 calls) She proceeded to show me that they took headshots of one of their loan officers and then photoshopped it onto a body that wasn’t hers. So apparently her body and hair weren’t sufficient for what Rocket Mortgage prefers to sell their product. The photos looked like she belonged on Selling Sunset and weren’t her at all. (37 calls) So they apparently think the more attractive a woman is the better chance they have at selling their loans. (38 calls)

Bottom line if you don’t want your information sold don’t use Rocket! If you respect women and think they should be valued no matter what physical shape they’re in, don’t use Rocket! If you’re looking for an honest lender that won’t deceive you, don’t use Rocket! If you’re looking for an upstanding loan officer that won’t lie to you while he tries to fatten his commission check, DON’T USE ROCKET!! (41 calls and 10 text messages)

Punctuality & SpeedLoan Process

Reviewed Aug. 22, 2023

I am trying to buy a house in IL. I live in Colorado. Closing was to happen today so I am in IL now. I am paying 3/4 of the loan in cash. Last week, three things happened. The addendum to the appraisal failed to be delivered from the appraisal company on the east coast, Rocket became super-focused on my less than $200 Amazon bill and wanted a zero-balance notification, and Rocket wanted me to lower my monthly homeowner's insurance payments from $150/month to $50/month. This is all to improve my debt /income ratio but doesn’t take into consideration that I am selling my Colorado house and that I have funds in the bank to supplement my income until things settle. Everything is resolved after much effort EXCEPT the appraisal addendum.

The appraisal company doesn’t want to do an addendum, and states it is low priority and unnecessary. Truthfully, I don’t even know that the appraiser went into the home. Rocket insists that they have to have this addendum before I can close. I am caught in the middle, and have spent thousands of dollars, endless tears, and hours of time trying to coordinate this process. I will probably be returning home without closing. I have used Rocket many times in the past with satisfaction but the last two times have been challenging. This time is by far the worst and definitely the last.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed Aug. 5, 2023

Rocket in conversations, while applying for a loan, give me mostly bad information. Interest rate quoted was changed, closing costs were doubled and fixed rate mortgage applied for was changed to variable rate arm without my authorization. Really poor communication from broker and then he goes on vacation and left me with a women associate that also was horrible and know very little. Rocket strung me out for nearly a month with their bait and switch deception while I was trying to close the loan prior to additional interest rate increases. When I questioned why they changed everything in their second written proposal the women says they would not make the loan? Even though they cost me time and a higher interest rate I would not have proceeded doing business with this sorry and deceptive company anyway. Be aware!!!

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed July 24, 2023

I applied for a home equity loan with Rocket Mortgage. Some how during the on-line conversation with their representative, it turned into a loan refinance. The representative said we were not qualified for a home equity loan due to our credit and it would be better to refinance our loan. Our current VA loan has an interest rate of 3.24% and the rep tried to convince me to refinance for a 6.990% loan. I declined. He continued to try to convince me it was a better option. Again, I declined. We have received multiple emails and phone calls, even after unsubscribing from emails and declining phone calls. Today I received loan paperwork in the mail, which I again DECLINED. What does it take to get them to understand we are NOT INTERESTED in refinancing our 3.24%loan to a 6.990% loan? Rocket Mortgage needs to cease and desist contacting us, Immediately.

Reviewed June 26, 2023

They promised they wouldn't sell our mortgage. It is also stated in their advertising. Our excellent payment and credit history must not have been to their advantage. After harassing us for 2.5 years to re-refi our new mortgage, they sold our mortgage to a bank we would never have done business with. Unhappy and do not recommend them.

Customer ServiceStaffRates

Reviewed June 17, 2023

One year ago my husband and I experienced horrible customer service to the point of consulting with legal firms and the overseer of savings and loan entities. After working out a plan to get the issue resolved once and for all through a short repayment agreement. This company came BACK WITH "oh you should have known the payment plan was going to fluctuate". We were given a payment plan in writing and stuck to that, making each payment.

Now this person call to tell us we owe and are past due because of the interest rate. I was thinking what an idiot to sit there and tell me something we should have did although this was not mentioned in the agreement nor discuss at anytime by phone, email or regular mail. One of their employees made several mistakes and instead of admitting it she unprofessionally tried to put the mistake on us. I had already elevated my tone but decided to calm down and end the call to gather documents and respond with legal support.

Reviewed June 9, 2023

I have worked with Rocket on two separate occasions. I cannot speak to actually getting a mortgage with them, but they communicate well, and they put everything up front. The first time, I was working to buy my first home, and they seemed like the best lender to go with. Their terms were the best for my situation, and they kept up with me and what was going on with me and encouraged me in my own work to get what I needed to start a mortgage with them.

The second time, since I was unable to get a home at that time, I sought them out to see what they could offer this time. Again, nothing had changed with the level of service and coverage, but they were not the best company for me to go with just personally. Unfortunate, because I think I would have great service down the road. They even appreciated the fact that I didn't just "leave them on open," and invited me back should it work for me with no pressure. Thanks, Rocket Mortgage! Highly recommended!

Customer ServiceRates

Reviewed June 9, 2023

I tried to refinance about a year ago, and they dragged their feet, submitted several inspections, and finally told me that my locked in rate had expired and all I could do now was to take the 1.25% higher rate. This was after inspecting twice, and claiming that they never received the appraisal (both of them). Their web page for auto payments is intentionally obstructive to setting up autopay. You cannot change an autopay amount. you must first delete the old one and create a new one. When you delete, you get "A new autopay can be scheduled once this cancellation has been processed, usually by the next business day." Why?

Probably because they hope you will forget and then incur fees when you miss a payment. I have never dealt with a financial institution that seems to care less about their clients. Overall, my experience is that they talk a good game, but when is comes to customer service and follow-through, they are awful. Wish I had gone with any other company.

Transparency

Reviewed May 8, 2023

This company's behavior is unethical and potentially illegal. After going through the loan process, they decided to sell my personal information to other loan providers for their own financial gain. This is a clear violation of my privacy and trust. It is concerning that they would prioritize their own profit over the privacy and security of their customers. This kind of behavior is unacceptable and should not be tolerated. It is important to be cautious when providing personal information to companies and to read the fineprint carefully to ensure that they will not share your information with third parties without your consent. Overall, I do not recommend doing business with a company that engages in such questionable practices.

Reviewed April 20, 2023

When I called Rocket Mortgage I was offered a rate that was not possible so they escalated to different division to cover up the bait-and-switch fraud. They hand you off to so many people it's like they created the Henry Ford factor line for mortgages. No relationship building, each person doesn't know what the other person is doing. They may be the largest but for sure are not the most organized or knowledgeable. It's like like they just push it through sometimes because they have gotten so far with the loan. I bet if they were really audited they would lot more legal problems.

Reviewed April 18, 2023

I currently have a loan with Rocket Mortgage. In the past couple years I’ve been with them I’ve gotten hundreds of calls wanting me to refinance, I ended up just having to block their number. Now I’m going through an insurance claim and I sent the check to them 1 month ago and I can’t even get a human on the phone to find out if it was received. When you call their number it’s all automated press 1 if etc. about 3 times until it just tells you how to send the check. It should be way easier to access a human to actually get answers to my questions.

Reviewed April 6, 2023

I called three weeks before they were scheduled to pay my annual insurance premium and asked them not to pay it to my current carrier because I was changing companies. They disbursed it anyway even though the account said DO NOT PAY. Now I have to try to get the money back to return it to them so that my escrow account is not short from a double payment when they disburse the money to the new carrier.

Reviewed March 30, 2023

After finding out our legal description was wrong back in 2015 we thought everything was fine as the attorney we had sent all corrected legal documents to Rocket Mortgage. We didn't hear anything more until Christmas 2021 when Attorney papers came saying that the homes affected were illegally sold. The mortgage company never fixed the legal documents for the properties affected from back in 2015 and never gave us a heads up. We then thought we had that fixed but then at the start of this month I am told we are in arrears by over $2400.

I have been harassed by someone that says she is a senior rep. Today I called our city tax office myself to find out that the city paid my exact property taxes on 12/30/22 and again on 1/30/23. The city sent one of those back. But then on 3/8 they again sent another amount for over $2285. A very unexplained amount that the city does not have. But yet Rocket Mortgage Rep is insisting this is on us!! I have been very ill and am not taking this harassment well. But she insists it is on us!!

Reviewed March 29, 2023

The most answers comes from a certain department and all other department. When you talk to they just guess and each of them say a different thing until after while and time passes answer comes from that particular department, very annoying people. Please do your homework before you start working with them.

Simmone increased rating by 4 stars.
    Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessTransparency
    After a positive interaction with Rocket Mortgage, Simmone increased their star rating on March 20, 2023.

Updated review: March 20, 2023

I am changing my review from 1 star to 5 stars. Patrick is a very busy man. He works hard to get our loans approved in a timely fashion. He contacted me and explained the whole process to me. He is very knowledgeable and personable. Rocket Mortgage will always be my go to company for my home loans.

Original Review: March 20, 2023

Updated on 03/20/2023: I am changing my review from 1 star to 5 after finally speaking with my loan officer, Patrick D. He took the time to explain what I needed to know. Rocket Mortgage is the best! Will continue to be a customer of theirs as long as I own property.

Original Review: Rocket Mortgage is great. The first time I refinanced with them, It was an awesome experience. The second time was horrible. Stay clear of Patrick **. He is a fast talker, he does not return calls and he will lie to you. You will pay more for your real mortgage or refinance.

Reviewed March 15, 2023

Loula was awesome. This is the second time she has helped me buy my house. She really does care and does everything possible to get it done. I will recommend her to everyone. My deals have never been easy and she has always worked through all the issues.

Reviewed March 9, 2023

We returned to Rocket for a mortgage because of a positive experience we'd had with them, especially with the loan origination people. There seems to be a problem however, when the client is handed off to the team that handles the process of finalizing the loan and moving to closing. This second time with Rocket was similar to the first, great service from Keeb with the process of getting the loan started and guaranteed, then poor service from Julia who took over the process after our offer was accepted and we were moving toward closing. She was a poor communicator - gave us conflicting explanations, didn't tell us what she needed, didn't answer our questions - leading to a lot of unnecessary stress.

We had to reach out to a supervisor, Kevin, who got things back on track and explained everything. After all that, Julia had the audacity to ask us to please rate her 5 on a 5-point scale! Rocket makes it very easy to get the loan started and then things bog down in the second stage, with the third stage (after closing) being practically non-existent. We would love to give the first team a 5 star rating and the second one 1 star, but have to give an overall score so it's an average (3).

Loan Process

Reviewed March 8, 2023

My refinance involved payoffs to a number of creditors, and while the refinance itself was flawless and quite streamlined, the payoffs were not. I received checks that I had to mail to the creditors--I never mail to them and didn't have addresses, etc handy. Owing to the timing, most of the payoff balances had changed. A clumsy part of an otherwise effective process.

Reviewed March 8, 2023

Amazing experience all the way around!!! From start to finish - extremely efficient and of high quality at every point. The customer service reps were very knowledgeable and extremely helpful, provides updates in a very timely manner which makes the process much much better. Would recommend them to anyone looking to refinance. I would absolutely look to use Rocket Mortgage again in the future.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffLoan Process

Reviewed March 7, 2023

I would recommend Rocket to anyone needing a loan!! It was a pleasure working with your Representatives, they were very friendly and professional! From beginning to end the loan process was easy, efficient and quick!!! I also use Rocket Money which is another great service!

Reviewed March 6, 2023

Getting our first mortgage was simple and professional. We applied for a home equity loan. Night and day. We were approved then told no after commitment. They could care less. Pull the product if the staff or approval software are not up to snuff. No more recommending them except Joe for a mortgage was outstanding.

Reviewed March 3, 2023

After spending hours with a loan prescreening representative and providing information on the nature of my application twice, once online and then with a live person. I had to use a live person because you're not really able to do online everything that’s in the meta tags that draws you in. Something is wrong when a company like this denies a person with a credit score above 770 and financials that meet all the requirements for this very small loan for an investment property. They knew and understood beforehand exactly what my intentions were regarding the nature of my loan and wasted hours of my time on the phone just to tell me that they couldn’t do it, without any clear explanation. It sounded as if it were being made up as she talked and I still.

Loan Process

Reviewed March 3, 2023

Excellent service with this refinance. Finished in 2 weeks. Highly recommend Albert!!! The closing was excellent. Received checks to payoff loans in 73 hours. Would gladly work with again. First payment coming up April 1st 2023. Easy way to pay loans online. They will never sell my loan. That is why I changed to them. I kept being sold off for a total of 5 times and I had enough.

Reviewed March 2, 2023

From beginning to end, this was an outstanding experience! Frank Jamal and Michael ** were fantastic. Frank from the get go was super helpful, informative and every step of the way the whole team was ahead of the curve. Everyone was easy to reach and always answered my questions. My closing agent was outstanding too. I would recommend Rocket and this team in particular to anybody that asked!

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2023

Awesome experience. Tiffany was just outstanding. And so we’re the other employees that I worked with. They made it so easy!! Thank you. Will definitely recommend Rocket mortgage to my friends and let them know all about my experience!

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2023

From start of my application to finish, I received friendly, profession and courteous help applying for my mortgage. Thank you Duy ** (my Banker) for guiding me through the process! Rocket Mortgage, keep up the great support of your clients' needs especially during the nerve wracking process of home buying.