4.0/5 (1868 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jennifer Schurman
Edited by Cassidy McCants

About Rocket Mortgage

Rocket Mortgage (NMLS #3030) offers an online application process to help borrowers get home purchase loans and refinances. You can apply for a mortgage and manage the loan completely online through Rocket’s website or mobile app, and the company’s representatives are available by phone if needed. Rocket Mortgage is a popular option for refis in particular.

Pros

• Largest U.S. mortgage lender by 2021 numbers
  • Available nationwide
  • 100% online application

Cons

• No in-person services
  • No construction loans or HELOCs

Bottom Line

Rocket Mortgage provides a digital home loan experience. Some find the service impersonal, but others enjoy the convenience. Rocket Mortgage also offers customized recommendations and free educational resources.

Rocket Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Mortgage?

Original review: July 20, 2022

My team at Rocket Mortgage were so helpful in my long home search journey in this market. They made everything very easy to understand and I never had to chase down an answer. They were readily available whenever I had any questions! 10/10 would recommend.

Original review: July 20, 2022

Rocket Mtg. made it very easy for us to refinance our home and receive some equity for home improvements. Everyone we dealt with was very professional and helpful. The whole process was quick with a smooth transition. We look forward to continuing on with our adventure and will let friends and family know about Rocket Mtg.

Original review: July 19, 2022

I was nervous about getting a mortgage loan online. The last time I had a mortgage loan it was all in person at my bank. Rocket mortgage made the whole process so simple. I can't believe how easy it was. They were extremely professional and pleasant. I wish I had refinanced sooner.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Everyone involved was great to work with, very professional and knowledgeable. From start to finish was stressful as one would think but the staff at RM made it easy as they could on my wife and I. I would recommend to friends and family to give them a shot on their next home!

Original review: July 18, 2022

The overall experience was not bad, the people I had to contact have been helpful. But the process of the creditor checks for loan payments is a hassle. Would’ve been much easier had they just sent the money into my account and let me paid them that way. Everything would’ve already been paid off and took care of by now. But since they required checks to be sent I’ve now waited 3 weeks to try to get stuff paid off, causing me to have to continue to make payments on those loans so they are not late. If I had it to do all over again I probably would not have went through the trouble.

Original review: July 17, 2022

Rocket Mortgage acquired my loan from another lender. Every month they now call me to try and sell other products. I’ve asked several times for this harassment to stop, to no avail. Absolutely terrible company. I always pay on time, and above my due amount - I don’t need to be pitched on products I have no interest in!

Original review: July 17, 2022

The Rocket Mortgage team was extremely helpful throughout every step of the closing process. Joe ** went above and beyond to get us the type of loan that would work for us, and Lisa ** helped guide us through the rest of the mortgage closing process. I would highly recommend Rocket Mortgage to anyone looking for a mortgage lender. Thanks Rocket Mortgage!

Original review: July 14, 2022

All aspects of the refinance process were handled in a smooth, timely manner. I was surprised by how easy the documents were received and sent. When I had questions or was confused Your Rocket staff was always available to fix or clarify my problems.

Original review: July 12, 2022

Rocket Mortgage was very thorough and efficient throughout my mortgage process. However, I was annoyed by the fact that rather than discussing loan terms with me, they added points to the loan by default. Despite me attempting to ask questions, I never received clear answers in regard to the way the loan was structured. Luckily, I had a friend in the industry who I was able to discuss my loan with. Most of this was because I was shuffled between several reps due to my main rep being on vacation, but that is more an excuse than a valid reason. Other than that, the rest of the loan team was excellent. Had they actually discussed my loan structure with me rather than making assumptions that I had to correct after the fact, this would have been a 5 star experience.

Original review: July 10, 2022

Said we were pre-approved for a set amount and that the rate was locked in but when we went to buy they pulled back and denied the loan. Went to another mortgage lender and secured a 2.25% rate for $500,000.

Original review: July 10, 2022

Everyone was knowledgeable and kind. We felt like we were really taken care of throughout the whole experience. When we did have a question we were connected with someone to help and the website kept up to date progress of where we were and numbers that we needed as we moved through the process.

Original review: July 6, 2022

Very unorganized, the death certificate was kept when I was told it wasn’t going be! I was A copy would be fine and that they weren’t going to take it then Rocket Mortgage told me they needed the original so I had to send out and spend almost $100 to receive that original death certificate from Seattle, closing had to be changed and I was worried about the closing being on time due to me being out of town

Original review: July 5, 2022

All in all I had a great experience with Rocket Mortgage. I was a bit overwhelmed after being contacted by multiple members of my Team often about the same subject....It was rather confusing sometimes! I preferred to just have Tracy ** contact me as she was prompt and clear with her requests and her guidance was really appreciated!

Original review: July 4, 2022

All of the professionals from Rocket Mortgage that I worked with during my mortgage process were well trained and very professional. I highly recommend Jason ** as he went above and beyond on his portion of the loan. They were always ahead of schedule and kept the closing process stress free.

Original review: July 2, 2022

Customer service was The Best. They Definitely was on point with Everything very Professional and I’ll Definitely recommend Them. They walk you through Everything. My loan officer especially he made sure everything was good and he kept me updated on things that they Needed.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Marsello and the team was there to help and assist me with all my needs every step of the way. Rocket Mortgage as a company does a great job with educating their staff and making sure their clients are satisfied.

Original review: June 30, 2022

Michael was great. No pressure, direct and to the point....which I like. He did not hesitate if I had any questions and no question was too small for him to answer. Nice customer service experience. Great experience. I would not hesitate to contact him again if I am in need of any type of refinancing.

Original review: June 29, 2022

Getting a mortgage is never a fun process, but the folks I worked with at Rocket made this as pain free as possible. They answered the phone whenever I called, were responsive over text message, and made sure that I knew exactly what I needed each step of the way. I would absolutely use Rocket again.

Original review: June 29, 2022

Overall a very awesome and great experience. This was my first home purchase and Rocket made it very easy and pain/worry free. Everything was smooth, the customer service was impeccable. Nothing but the very best to say. I highly recommend these guys

Original review: June 29, 2022

Great experience, went much more quickly than expected and results were highly satisfactory. Got a great interest rate and a shorter term. Really helped make our lives easier and far less complicated as the refi allowed us to pay off several other debts and free up some much needed funds.

Original review: June 28, 2022

We are so thrilled with how easy and helpful our mortgage team was! I would absolutely recommend Rocket Mortgage to anyone looking a trustworthy company! We had to have a very fast escrow and Juan ** was always available to answer questions and worked very fast to secure the best loan rates for us!

Original review: June 28, 2022

From the moment I started working with Rocket Mortgage, to the moment it was transferred to the local company, every day I was told “this is the last thing” until it was transferred. Even important documents, that were absolutely necessary, were needed last minute. There were so many last minute “just one more things”.

Original review: June 28, 2022

Excellent experience, Fast process and was kept informed of each step. Our representative Dallas even contacts us over memorial weekend to update us on our appraisal. Would use them again in the future. Highly recommend Rocket Mortgage for new home loan or refi.

Original review: June 25, 2022

It was super easy to get everything finished on our end! Everything was very simple. We are still waiting on the checks to payoff our debts, which is odd. Rocket Mortgage also sold our information like crazy and we are getting so much spam mail at our home address that specifically states it is regarding our Rocket Mortgage. Otherwise, it was great!

Original review: June 22, 2022

Rocket Mortgage has the best team! They went above and beyond helping us buy our dream house. We will never use a different mortgage company! The process is so smooth and works well! The staff is exceptional! The closing process was very easy and the best part!

Original review: June 20, 2022

This is our second time using Rocket Mortgage to refinance, and I cannot say nice enough things about it! Every person we spoke with, emailed with, and chatted with online was kind, courteous, knowledgeable about our issues, and very helpful. I cannot say enough good things about the experience.

Original review: June 18, 2022

Underwriters enforcing ridiculous rules that make no sense as they don't impact risk at all almost blew up my whole deal not to mention that they baited and switched my interest rate. Poor experience and even logical explanations yielded little influence over an underwriting team that made decisions that were nonsense.

Original review: June 17, 2022

My experience was just too good to be true. They kept me informed through the entire process, every step of the way. I was afraid of doing this alone and they were patient, I didn't feel like They was gonna take advantage of me, I'm not use to it because nowadays people are trying to rip you off. I highly recommend them...

Original review: June 17, 2022

I was a little nervous picking Rocket Mortgage because there were so many mixed reviews online but the team handling my mortgage were rock stars. They were available to answer any question, any time of the day. The process was easy to follow online and was able to take care of everything from my computer or smartphone which made it super convenient. I will have no hesitation on recommending Rocket Mortgage to friends or family in the future.

Original review: June 16, 2022

This is my second time having Rocket Mortgage as my lender. Always professional, courteous and go above and beyond! From start to finish, you can tell that they care and treat each customer with respect and as family! Each Representative is cordial and respectful. You can feel they love their work and enjoy providing quality services to each customer.

Rocket Mortgage Company Information