View Rates

2. Mortgages

4.2/5 (964 ratings)

About Rocket Mortgage

Rocket Mortgage offers a simplified online experience to apply for a home loan or refinancing. You can apply for a mortgage and then manage the loan completely online. Home Loan Experts are available by phone if you need assistance. The company markets itself to those with good credit scores who plan to buy a home or refinance within the next six months.

Pros

• Online convenience
  • Refinancing options
  • Available nationwide

Cons

• No in-person services
  • No construction loans

Bottom Line

Rocket Mortgage provides a digital home loan experience. Some might find the service impersonal, but others enjoy the convenience. It offers customized recommendations and free resources to educate customers.

Rocket Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Mortgage?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Would highly recommend Rocket Mortgage to anyone shopping for a loan!!! Great service. Quick responses, and very helpful navigating through the home buying process!!! 5 star!!! All service reps were so helpful and explained the entire process!!! Rocket mortgage has the mortgage process down!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Overall an ok experience. I love The digital aspect of how I can Upload my documents and review what needs completed. But, what I didn't Like was throughout the process someone new was handling my account what felt like every other day. I had Conversations with 4 different people that I can Remember and when I had A question it couldn’t be answered by the new person because they don’t know why my account was the way it was from the old person. Example: originally I was Quoted a 2.99 interest rate. A week later my paperwork said 3.25 and when I asked About it they didn’t know why it was like that and my question was just lost in translation.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

We had an outstanding experience completing the mortgage process with Rocket Mortgage. The licensed representative was very professional, patient and had very clear communication skills. He listened to understand our goals and objectives and delivered options to exceed our expectations. We would highly recommend the Rocket Mortgage team, thank you for 5-star customer service!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Rocket Mortgage is so awesome! Refinancing my house was so easy and SO fast. Within 2 weeks we closed on our new loan with a lower interest rate and payment amount, even after getting cash out. Thank you Rocket Mortgage!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Got a great rate. But they got my address wrong TWICE on the paperwork which meant I had to take time out of work three times. Original paperwork signing, first correction, then second correction. What mortgage company can't get an address right? They're now, 9 months later, bombing me with phone calls to refinance despite me saying no. They've even gone so far as to phone my former employer looking for me. To the point my former manager texted me to see what was going on. Even worse, my former employer is a hospital. So if you want a company who can't get your address right and ties up hospital phone lines during a pandemic, the Rocket Mortgage is right for you. Got a great rate though.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Rocket Mortgage agents continue to exceed expectations! Our initial purchase and two refinances have been with them and our financial status gets better every time. We will definitely be using Rocket Mortgage for all of our future needs. Thanks again!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Great experience. Very easy. Everything was online, red tape was minimized and everything was clear. Easiest loan process I’ve ever experienced and communication was excellent. I would definitely recommend Rocket Mortgage to others, and I would work with Rocket to secure another mortgage.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I think the service could be a little bit quicker and a little more better for the customer and the closing needs to be quicker and y'all need to be able to be on the same page. I'll talk to several people over the course of a loan and it was very frustrating.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Loan agent was great at explaining each step in detail. Everything went smoothly and it was easy to follow along. Display of information on website was easy to find and To-Do list made it clear what was needed from me.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Rocket Mortgage was wonderful in helping us get into our new home. They were patient with us as buying in this market was absolutely crazy, but they were always available, even after normal hours. They were incredibly fast with approvals and paperwork and really made the entire process so much easier, and that was really nice after having 8 different offers on 8 different houses turned down.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

The persons helping with my new loan were diligent in helping me get the best new mortgage for myself. They were skillful in knowing how to help me in completing paperwork in a timely manner. They were available and knowledgeable to answer each question I had.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I truly appreciate the help and support James and his team provided for me with setting up my refi. I felt that the team was concerned about me and my needs. Service was kind, caring and professional by everyone I had contact with. Rocket Mortgage is improving on customer satisfaction and making Americans trustworthy of the housing industry again. Thank God. Amen.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Everyone from underwriting to closing was professional and super responsive. David ** and Katy ** were extremely proactive and gave updates along the way. They ended up needing to make one last minute correction to paperwork but closing went smoothly and was on time. Definitely recommend!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

RocketMortgage and Quicken Loans made the whole process simple, convenient, fast and easy on my part. They saved me money now and in the future that will help me towards my retirement, giving me a great sense of comfort. The communication flow was constant via both text, calls and emails to keep me up to date on the status on each stage of the process. Anything that I needed to do was completely explained in simple language and the purpose was made clear.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Thank you very much for the outstanding work of your team. I especially want to thank Amy ** for all the support she provided me during the process. It didn't matter what my question was, she always had an answer for me.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Starting out online is quite simple. The first contact to set expectations and assist on finding a home was very helpful. After that.... things got confusing. We had to work with multiple people that all seemed to do the same job. No one seemed to know what the last one was doing. At times, it became frustrating, however the last woman we worked with was fabulous and made things easier to understand and was VERY PROMPT in responding (Latisha L.). We were able to purchase a home after many, many showings.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Rocket Mortgage engages people into thinking they will do everything they can for them until the papers are signed. When you try to get in touch with them they say “Oh well we are an autonomous. You find everything you need our our customer page”. No one calls or emails back for days. This was never told to us, neither was the fact that they charge $500 for an appraisal and then they tell you it will be done and back in 11 Days. That again is a lie. Became never got a true appraisal.

After I sent a nasty gram we are told "Oh it will be done today," then we are told it was just data not an appraisal. This is after four more days of trying to get someone to get back to us or tell us what is happening. I don’t know is the motto for Rocket Mortgage. I sent an email to Customer relations as well as the CEO, and the CEO had one of his minions call us. He gave us the typical song and dance. After this we told them to shove it and went with another company. They should be shut down!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

It was all good till I started getting spam mail on my mailbox looking like final notices. It's absolutely disgusting to use those tactics. I do not want life insurance. I already have life insurance. Stop your evil ways! If you want people to get your stuff then prove it is worth getting. This just comes off as desperate!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Too many redundant papers for my liking. It was a refinance, six months from original purchase. It took way too long to get the final group to sign off. Money owed me was in my account in an inefficient amount of time. Had I had to pay, you wouldn’t of closed had I didn’t bring funds. This experience was not satisfactory to my liking.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

This is my 3rd loan w/ Quicken/Rocket. Y’all are typically phenomenal. This time everyone was except my mortgage banker. Very - unavailable. Did not reply to calls or messages for NUMEROUS days. Even closing agents helped to attempt to reach him. Seemed very disinterested in my Loan. Did not listen to what I asked for and I ultimately settled for a different loan in order to have the process finalized. Feel free to call me if you’d like. I’m happy with my home. Thankful the process is over. Not a good experience. Expect and have received amazing service before. I typically don’t complain. I do understand the market is crazy. No excuse.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

The process was less stressful than I thought. My financing agent Kwesi ** was always encouraging thru the ups and downs and always was in communication with us. Even though everything was done thru phone calls and emails I felt like I knew and trusted him. I'd highly recommend Rocket Mortgage to anyone interested.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Everyone we dealt with was professional and courteous. The process was hassle free and quick. If we ever need services in the future we will definitely be a repeat customer. Will absolutely recommend Rocket Mortgage to all family and friends

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

The staff at Rocket Mortgage was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Rocket Mortgage worked smoothly and expeditiously, and left no surprises at the end. I was very pleased with the entire process, in fact I referred my sister who is currently in the process too.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I could not fathom how easy the refi process was compared to all others. Shellen ** was AMAZING! Her professionalism and friendliness was infectious. Every process was easy and geared to servicing MY needs. Everything from the appraisal to the mobile mortgage notary to sign the papers was incredibly efficient.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I cannot believe how easy it was to refinance with Rocket Mortgage. Our contact went through all of our option. It was so easy to upload the necessary information. I was kept up to date on the process and we closed in less than 3-weeks.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

This was a wonderful experience. Quick and efficient with my hand being held the entire way. Love the document portal and how easy it was to upload documents! And having the closing at my house was a bonus. Thank you for the great experience.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

When I first made inquiry about refinancing my home loan, I specifically asked about being able to reduce my monthly mortgage payment while still retaining my finance term of 15 years. I was told this could not be done. As such, I was looking to consult with another mortgage lender. Fortunately, a few weeks later, another agent contacted me asking about my earlier contact/inquiry. I explained to her "what" occurred. She then informed me that Rocket Mortgage could, indeed, handle the refinancing without changing my 15 year loan. This was wonderful news and as they say "the rest is history." I am very, very appreciative. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

The process was very seamless and efficient. However, there are perceived concerns about security without the face to face interaction. It would improve the comfort of clients if you were very clear about who would be contacting them at the next stage. Have them provide proof of ID and contact info. Particularly for the in-person closing/signing where you use a third party notary. Overall it was a positive experience.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

The agent we spoke with on the phone was very knowledgeable, well spoken, and friendly. He helped us make the right choice for our needs and got the process started. The app makes it so easy to keep track of any documents or actions that are needed. We were kept up to date with what was happening throughout the process so we were never left wondering. This was the third time we have used Rocket Mortgage, and I'm sure it won't be the last!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

This was one of the easiest and fastest loan I’ve ever done - and it was done electronically yet very efficiently and personal even though it was all electronically. Once it was time for my closing, attorney was pleasant and quick! Thanks.

Rocket Mortgage Company Information