Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.51/5

Regions Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I wouldn't bank anywhere else. Very friendly and personable tellers and loan officers. Online banking system is very user-friendly and secure. When we have needed a loan, always easy to obtain one. Great bank for consumers. Highly recommend.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Many years ago when Regions first bought out Union Planters I had so many huge problems with them that I said never again. When my husband and I got married 3 years ago and combined accounts he already had one at Regions and where I banked didn’t have a branch where we were living. So I ate my words and went back to Regions. I can not complain about anything since moving back. We have a checking, savings and have had two separate loans. So I give them a 4 since I did have such bad issues what must be 20 years ago. But if I based it on just my experience over the last 3 it would be 5.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2020

Regions is big enough to provide most of the services I need and small enough to provide personal service. I do wish they were better at providing loans. We had to go to NFCU for a $23,000 loan because Regions would not fund it.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I opened an account. Went to the bank and made my opening deposits on a checking and savings account. When I try to use the debit card it says no account found. When I try and call it says the same. I was switching from Wells Fargo but I think I’m closing this account out and going back to????

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

My wife and I applied for a home equity loan. We have stellar credit and our home is paid off. We only wanted about $6k for a pole barn. Our rep. Diane ** said we could borrow up to $200k. No, we don't need that much. Well we settled on $25k. 3 months pass and our phone never rang one time. We called to check the status on occasion and our rep was rarely available. Then after blaming the underwriters for the delay, we received an email to authorize an appraisal. The address on the appraisal was for a previous house we owned over 2 years ago! Still no phone calls from the bank.

Finally, I call cancel the whole thing. A few days later my wife gets an email to authorize email signatures. I call Ms. ** and she acts like I called to order a pizza, clueless, and starts reading notes back to be about things we have already discussed. I told her again...cancel the loan app., then a couple weeks later, I get a voice mail from Ms. ** stating they would only do the loan if I added my car loan to it to help my debt to net ratio. I don't have a car loan. Horrible experience from beginning to end and I'm still not sure if they stopped the loan process like I asked.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

After disputing another charge that had been previously disputed for services not received on a Adobe subscription charge. I went to use my card only to find out the card was killed after the unauthorized dispute was filed today. I went into the branch in Decatur Ga, and was issued a new card. When I tried to use the card the store said the card was counterfeit. The police were called and I was detained until I could prove my Identity. I go back to the branch, 2 people were being helped at the counter so I asked a lady sitting in the first office if a manager was available. She says, "I'm the manager but I'm on vacation. A teller can help you." I said, "I need a manager." She turns back around and ignores my request.

After the male teller finished his transaction he goes over and closes her door. He calls me to the middle of the floor, I explain the what just happened with my new card. Before he gets to his side I place the card my side of the counter reaching for my ID. He says, "DONT THROW ANYTHING at Me." I told him, "I didn't throw anything at you, you weren't even on that side of the window yet." He says, You can go have a seat." I am a retired 50 years old and wont be talked to this way by a worker Bee. He tries to make me wait for another teller. I don't move and he finally processes the withdraw and provides me with the business card for the manager. I just transferred my auto debits to anther bank and will never use Regions again.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I check my account daily, on 12/14/20, there were pending charges of $54 and change, had an available balance of over $170. On 12/15, we get a monthly deposit (every month on the 15th). I check my account on 12/15, they charged me $180 for 5 debits! It's now showing they cleared the day before. Those specific charges were not even pending the day before! I know they came through on the 15th the same day as my deposit. I've talked on the phone and email with them, they refuse to reverse the charges. Not the first time they've done this, however, this is the first bank I've had problems with overdraft fees that should not have been charged to me.

I have also seen they have a class-action lawsuit against them for illegal overdraft fees. I have filled out the form to join that and sent a complaint to the BBB. I will be researching new banks and taking all 3 of our accounts out of here as soon as I can get everything set up and direct deposits switched. This is by far, the absolute WORST bank I've ever encountered. I'll be encouraging my son to switch as well. That's going to be 4 accounts they'll lose! I do NOT recommend this bank!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I would like to say that I have been happy with my service for many years until now! To make a long story short I was the victim of fraud. I received a check that was supposed to be paying me back for money loaned and deposited the check. The Bank placed a hold on the check. Say they didn't think it would cash? I called the sender of the check about it and was told the check was not good because of a bad routing number? I then called the bank and told them the check was bad and could they just stop the transaction. I was told it would just have to be let return and it would work out.

They then reported it as fraud froze and my account! I told them that I am a disabled Veteran and that my Va and Social Security checks are deposited to this account, and that all of my bills are auto Debited from this account. I am the victim here and they closed my account! Then refused to allow me to open another account. And charge me fees on all of this on top of it all.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

Regions Bank sent me an email invitation to open a Money Market account and receive a bonus. I still have the email; I followed its instructions. Now ... after phone transfers and a half hour on hold ... they're telling me they have no record of such an offer. Additional frustrations gave me to understand I wish to do no further business with this bank — and, when I indicated as much, they informed me they are now going to charge $25 to close my account.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I'm helping elderly Dad close acct, customer svc said we're all set couple weeks ago after phone call w/ both of us. Now they want notarized letter. Long hold times, calls dropped, asking him too many questions to verify acct (he has memory issues). He gave SSN, birthdate, phone, had to go find his address, that wasn't enough for them! Ridiculous. Good riddance!

Regions Bank Company Information