1.30/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

613 Regions Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

BEWARE! Regions has withdrawn money from my account ($500), when that amount was Not available! On the 6th of November, Regions removed 500... although there was only 119 in the account. Everything prior to that... 9 line entries/payments, had already been paid. By Regions pulling the 500 from the account, ALL of those line items went into unpaid status! 9 Items... Regions Forced my account into a NEGATIVE STATUS... and now, Are charging OVERDRAFT FEES, for Each unpaid item... 9... one as Small as $2!!!

I've spoken with Several people, it comes down to an Unrelated/Unlinked business account... and without Notice... OR ACTUAL FUNDS IN THE ACCOUNT TO COVER, they pulled the money. I am literally living by Driving Uber... and have a Child that has to eat, No gas, to drive... and the account is Negative $592- with the first of several $36 fees! How can a bank FORCE an account into a negative status... it Was Not negative Prior to Regions pulling that money. Please help with this. Who do I call to lodge a complaint, and file a claim. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

As others have said... Same thing here. Transactions go in and out to try and overdraft you; rearrange the transactions high to low, to overdraft you; withhold debits so you will overdraft later. Deposits go in and out to overdraft you; rearrange posted transactions to overdraft you; "force check" debits through to overdraft you with a recurring charge or check... Last time, debit was 17 days old; and recently, put a duplicate transaction through to overdraft me. Disputed it, but still left in the hole until they "investigate." They even told me the computer system on the merchant's end can duplicate it on its own by mistake. That was after I told them I know the owners of the establishment, and can check to see if they put it through twice. But... In no way Regions did it. Uh, sure thing, Regions. Thiefs! Corrupt! Unethical! HORRIBLE BANK. ZERO STARS. DO NOT BANK HERE.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I have had so many issues with this bank... is one thing after the other. Instead of helping customer satisfaction is the opposite. They force you to have a minimum amount for direct deposit to avoid the monthly fee which is ridiculous, also for customers that looking to save money is not a good deal when it comes to your transactions. Transactions appear when they wanted to happen without any notification to avoid the overdraw fee leaving on negative and they even close your account with a zero balance without any notification again!! Also it is a pending transaction. It will not give you time to deposit the difference like you can do it with CHASE which very convenient. I wish I would read more about it before opening my account, so happy with CHASE FOR 10 years!!??

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Regions Not There for Hurricane Michael Victims. I spoke with a customer service agent at Region's because my husband's place of employment was demolished and my place of employment won't be open any time soon and we have excellent credit and do not want to damage that on top of everything else. I called to see if we could get a reprieve on our mortgage and tack the payments on to the end. I was told no. Before the hurricane our house is worth much more than what is owed on it and compared to others we are lucky we did not have more damage. Regions is giving a forbearance for 90 days and all 3 payments are due at that time. But they might consider a hardship loan after that. This is just a way for Region's to make money off of other's misfortune.

I remember after Katrina when we visited our family in New Orleans many damaged homes in opulent areas were vacant because people just walked away. I thought how odd at the time but I can't help but wonder if this is why. I know their phone recording says Region's is here to help but don't be fooled. When this is over I will take all of my banking elsewhere. I just want people to be aware when moving to the south. We are from the Midwest and I know when my Family's farm was ravaged by a tornado our local bank stepped up to the plate and not only helped my Father but others in the community as well.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I opened 7 businesses accounts and personal accounts. Two months and got a merchant's accounts to process my credit cards payments with for all my accounts. All the suddenness two months later they sent me a note that all my account will be closed on the date so and so. WHAT? WHAT? I been in business for 35 years. I don't have any problem with no one. Perfect credit score. Deposit almost 100k a month to there. This dumbest bank ever and you telling me you will close my accounts. This is very stupid and not called for and they not telling me for what reason. All I hear is the bank backroom said so.

Someone in the backroom sitting on someone be doing the wrong decision. NO THANKS REGIONS BOYS. I GOT BANKERS LINED UP WAITING TO GET my business. What is wrong with you people? After I spent thousands of dollars to order checks for each accounts I have with you and then you telling me we will close my accounts for no reason. Whatever, whatever and whatever. You lose. I am doing business down the road lol. 3 locations of In & Out Express Lube LLC. In & Out Express Wash Homosassa Fl LLC. Mean Green Termites LLC. Dollar Plus Super Mart LLC.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I went to Regions Bank on hwy 90 in Pace, Fl. 32571 on 9 October 2018 when they first opened. I attempted to cash a personal check that was written on Regions Bank by an individual who had bought my van in the amount of $2,000. The teller was a young guy at the first teller window. He verified that the gentleman had the money in the account to cover the check. Then I was told there would be a $20 fee to cash the check that was written on your bank because I was not a customer with your bank. That upset me so I took it to Pen Air here in Pace and they immediately cashed the check and I was given the money.

Last week I had sold another vehicle and the check for $2300 was written on United Bank. I took it to United here in Pace and no questions ask except for an ID and they cashed the check. I called your toll free number and listened to your tape recordings and sure enough you folks charge 1% to cash anybody's check if you are not a customer. For your information; I will never be one of your customers nor would I recommend anyone to be your customer. Thank you very much for letting me vent. I really do feel thankful that I personally deal with Pen Air, Charter Bank, Navy Federal and have never had any difficulties with any of them the way I have with you folks.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Horrible, Horrible and Horrible. They just stole $260.00, from my wife. Went to deposit Cash on a Saturday, because the Bank is closed on Saturday. Went to ATM machine put them in their slot, it closed and the screen, "This function is not valid." Told my wife, she came to the Bank Monday morning to report the complaint. Region said they would investigate and it would take 5-10 days. She got letter yesterday and they disallowed her claim. In other words they stole our money. Filing a Police Report for the Stolen money. What a backward bank. I understand main offices are in Alabama, you should stay there and not bother doing business anywhere else.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

This is the third time this year that their ATM has been down. The first two times I was trying to deposit money so that my account wouldn't have a negative balance, but both times the ATM was down. So I ended up with the negative balance anyways. When I called so that I can leave a comment, I didn't get an respond back. So I just wrote my review here.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We have banked with Regions for years and have been pretty satisfied. Until today we were charged $108.00 in NSF for pending charges, which never over drafted our account! It doesn't matter if that charge was going to 'fall off' or what... they decided to hit us with fees anyway. So for an account that never went in the negative yet got charged like one that did... thus ended our relationship with Regions.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I have had my small business checking account with Regions for over 10 years. I have a small motorcycle shop. I order parts online, have several automatic payouts set up and of course write some checks. Because I cannot keep a minute to minute balance on my account I keep an eye on my balance checking it several times a day. Yesterday it showed several hundred balance, this morning it showed 144.00 in overdraft fees and 300.00 overdraft. I went to the local branch and talked to someone there. She printed out some info on my account and it looks like they anticipated the account would be overdrawn so they charged my account 144.00 in NFS fees, did cause a 36.00 fee to be charged on 4 charges instead of 1.

This is a scam. It's really stealing! First of all if the information they provided was correct I should not have been overdrawn. I read something someone else posted on this site about the way they seem to hold some charges back and spring them on you causing a overdraft. Can this be legal? I have to wonder if it should be something a class action lawsuit over? It's not enough damage to any one person however It's a huge amount of money they are stealing combined.

Regions Bank Company Information