Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.44/5

Regions Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I wouldn't bank anywhere else. Very friendly and personable tellers and loan officers. Online banking system is very user-friendly and secure. When we have needed a loan, always easy to obtain one. Great bank for consumers. Highly recommend.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Many years ago when Regions first bought out Union Planters I had so many huge problems with them that I said never again. When my husband and I got married 3 years ago and combined accounts he already had one at Regions and where I banked didn’t have a branch where we were living. So I ate my words and went back to Regions. I can not complain about anything since moving back. We have a checking, savings and have had two separate loans. So I give them a 4 since I did have such bad issues what must be 20 years ago. But if I based it on just my experience over the last 3 it would be 5.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2020

Regions is big enough to provide most of the services I need and small enough to provide personal service. I do wish they were better at providing loans. We had to go to NFCU for a $23,000 loan because Regions would not fund it.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

Regions Bank sent me an email invitation to open a Money Market account and receive a bonus. I still have the email; I followed its instructions. Now ... after phone transfers and a half hour on hold ... they're telling me they have no record of such an offer. Additional frustrations gave me to understand I wish to do no further business with this bank — and, when I indicated as much, they informed me they are now going to charge $25 to close my account.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I'm helping elderly Dad close acct, customer svc said we're all set couple weeks ago after phone call w/ both of us. Now they want notarized letter. Long hold times, calls dropped, asking him too many questions to verify acct (he has memory issues). He gave SSN, birthdate, phone, had to go find his address, that wasn't enough for them! Ridiculous. Good riddance!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

They make everything look good, but it is all a scam! They make it impossible to actually qualify for any of their advertised special "deals". There is NO customer service at all. Have to drive to a location and sit in drive-thru line for any help. Phone is never answered. Your money will be tied up for weeks and will likely get very little or none of it back after the fees they charge due to your money being tied up by them! It has been a full time job for the last 10 days just trying to get my money back and close the account! Their behavior should be illegal if it isn't!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

Regions Bank is a NSF fee predator. I clearly noticed posted charges and a posted balance on 08/07/2020. There was a single pending debit card charge making my available balance negative. I went to a branch to cover the negative available balance. I was not able to make the deposit as the lines at the drive through were backed up and the branch closed before I could make the deposit.

The next day I was charged 5 NSF fees for transactions that were already posted two days prior and the pending charge was still pending, all the negatives listed on the pending side. I called to complain, they said these fees are computer generated and not reversible. This is legal theft and you should beware with dealing with this bank if you are a small business or someone that lives day to day as I do. I immediately cancelled the debit card and will be moving my business to another Bank that has a more fair policy.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

We switched to Regions because we wanted to be able to bank from several locations. My husband is a Merchant Marine. I run our ranch. We switched to from a perfectly good bank for this promise. We attempted to use this promise and was not able to use it with out going through a manager. I recieved a check from a friend and she wrote it out to cash. I tried to cash it. It was only for $60. They said you can't cash it here even with an account. The reason because you can cash that anywhere. I looked at her and said evidently not. I got locked out of our on line banking account. I am deaf so I have to get someone to repeat what they are saying so I can hear it. After waiting the full 45 min. they hung up on us and never called us back.

Finally after making several email complaints and putting up this review on Consumer Affairs Regions called us and got us on line. They even emailed me a direct line to the one we spoke with to get us back on line. This one was very knowledgeable and very helpful. But the aggravation of what you have to do to get to this person who was so helpful is more than what I ever want to have to endure with a compay who is suppose to service me. When I can not get to my own money nothing they do can make me happy. My suggestion is to bank here at your own risk. Keep money aside out of the bank so when they lock you out you can still do what you need to get done. IF banking this way is something you can tolerate then this is your bank.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Worst customer service I've ever experienced. A phone call to Regions will take no less than 45 min-2 hours to have simple issues dealt with. I tried calling the fraud dept 4 different times and was on hold between 45 min and 2 1/2 hours each time I called and never spoke with anyone. They would literally answer the call and then hang up after I was on hold for hours. This happened 4 different times on a Friday and a Saturday. I spent almost an entire Saturday on hold and never spoke to anyone. They also don't offer a call back feature so you are forced to sit on the phone, on hold, listening to some of the worst music you will ever hear. There is so much more I could go into that is just so bad about Regions but just know to stay away from Regions Bank! Truly a horrible experience each and every time. Nightmare...

Original review: June 7, 2020

So I’ve been with Regions for only a couple of months and I would suggest anyone who is interested in opening up an account to run! I got a rental car though ACE rental ATL and was scammed out of $910. Regions bank denied my fraud claim twice even after me sending proof that the car they provided me with had a check engine light on, a broken mirror (which is a safety hazard) and dirty seats. Not only did they rent me a terrible car but they charged me an extra $400 without me authorizing it. When speaking to a teller they said they can only give me a credit if the scammers agree to refunding me. Now if they were going to give me my money back would I be disputing it with regions? Absolutely not! What’s the purpose of having a bank account with you guys if my money isn’t insured.

Regions Bank Company Information