Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Regions Bank Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Easy to use. Very efficient and always available to help. No fees to use. Like the fact that they have lots of brick and mortar offices in many states. We have been customers and account holders for decades.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with Regions since I opened my account 10 years ago. Recently my account was hacked and they walked me through the process and had my money returned within a week!

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I've been banking with Regions for 40 years (including the time before they bought out my bank) and my experience has been a positive one. Checking, CD's, IRA's, and investments. I've also been banking with other banks over a long period, (never keep your money in one bank for FICA) and I've found overall for a bank, Regions has been my best experience. But I find a Credit Union is best for loans and smaller investments, and they have lower fees. Other Banks could learn a lot from Regions. Wells Fargo, BOA, Capitol, Guaranty are among the worst banks I've encountered.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I spoke with Chris who really helped not only dispute my fraudulent charges but also helped me understand how skimmers work and how people may have gotten my card info. He was knowledgeable and courteous, and he was patient with me when I asked a lot of questions about the skimming process. Great experience!

Original review: March 21, 2020

My debit card expired at the end of February. I didn't have a replacement available when this happened. I thought it was lost in the mail or stolen so I blocked it to be safe. It ended up being postmarked on March 3 and it took a whole week to get to my mailbox. By then I called my bank because Regions didn't even bother to send a new replacement when I blocked it. The local bank ordered a new one and said it would take 5-7 business days. Two weeks later and IT'S STILL NOT HERE. I pay bills with this card so I'm not exactly happy about having to roll everything to my credit card until whenever I get the new card. If I get the new card.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?

Original review: March 11, 2020

This is the worst bank ever. They are rude. They don’t do their job. They won’t give you your provisional credit even though you get direct deposit. You call they don’t care. I have had nothing but problems with them. I’m on a set income. They don’t care. It’s ridiculous how they treat you. Run from this bank.

Original review: March 7, 2020

I've been banking with Regions Bank for 4 years. They have ripped me off from the beginning. Rearranging my deposits and debits on my account to make it look like I've overdrawn my account then charging $36 per overdraft. See I keep a very close check on my account multiple times a day. Every time I purchase something I log in and check that the money has come out. It always looks good to me at first. After a few days cleared deposits go into pending section. Cleared debits for the bigger amounts of money THAT HAVE ALREADY CLEARED and are OUT OF THE PENDING SECTION Switch with smaller debits that are still pending. So the smaller ones go to the cleared section and the larger ones go back to pending.

I have several times moved money from another account me and my husband have at a different bank to this one to keep it from screwing us, but it's beginning to get out of hand. A few years ago I received a check for $350 Because of this very issue. They have not changed their dirty dealings and are still ripping me and a lot of other people off. Stay away from regions bank. They are corrupt and take no responsibility for the hardship they cause people with their dirty dealings.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Please do not waste your time banking at Regions Bank. Their fees are horrible. They charge you $36 on a $10 reoccurring debit transaction. They look at reoccurring debits as electronic checks, automatically opt you in without your knowledge and cover it so they can charge you $36. They suppose to decline it but instead they are stealing money from you. I have recently opened an account at another bank approximately 6 months ago and so far, it's awesome. You will regret banking here if you do.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Regions is not a real bank. They are criminals and an incompetent business masquerading as a financial institution. There were fraudulent transactions made to my checking count. Someone managed to withdraw $1500 from my checking account. They did nothing to resolve the situation. They assisted me in no way. They denied my claim and refused to dispute the fraudulent transactions.

When I called to have a new debit card ordered they asked me what I would like for my pin to be over the phone. I have never experienced this before. It seems like a completely insecure way to handle a pin for someone's debit card. I had another issue with a merchant who was supposed to deliver food to me and never did. They also refused to dispute the transaction. Currently they have frozen my account and left me without access to my funds. This is only a day before I was going to put my rent money into the account to pay my rent. Thank God all they got was less than $500. I called and no one can explain to me why over $200 was withdrawn from my account with a notation that says back office. Another $250+ sits frozen and I don't know if I will ever get my funds back. It has been over 21 days and every time I call either the branch or the 800 number and no one can give me an explanation as to why there is a hold on my account.

If anyone uses this bank to store the majority of their money I feel extremely sorry for them. You would be better off hiding your money around your home than trusting these banks. If you call to get help with anything you will be greeted with workers who live in the ** of Louisiana. They cannot assist you with anything. Their customer service is nonexistent. If you ever have a problem with your debit card or account they will offer you no assistance whatsoever.

They have been investigated by the FBI and sued for charging people false overdraft fees and for an insurance scam. Read the other reviews about how they have stolen thousands from people with their check scams. Basically if you ever deposit a check into your account they will say that they cannot honor the check and that it has been returned to the issuer of the check. They will never return the funds to the issuer. They cash the check and steal the money. There are also numerous reviews that state that their ATMs take deposits and don't credit the account for the deposit. So basically they are also stealing people's money at the ATM. Get your money out of their bank and run!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I have been banking with Regions for years and have had several issues. First, their customer service is awful. Expect at least a 30 minute wait if you call.... and that’s after going through about 15 minutes with an automated teller that tries to keep you from talking to a representative. I recently had an issue with my account that was not resolved, yet, I was on the phone with customer service for an hour. I finally hung up as they kept putting me on hold to talk to someone else. I even had to go to the back of the “line” when they “transferred” me to another department. They were not apologetic at all and did not solve my problem. I have decided to switch banks, but, wanted to share my experience with others to save them time. Oh, and they have lots of fees that other banks do not have. Frankly, they are big business and do not care about their personal banking customers.

Regions Bank Company Information