Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.79/5

Regions Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I wouldn't bank anywhere else. Very friendly and personable tellers and loan officers. Online banking system is very user-friendly and secure. When we have needed a loan, always easy to obtain one. Great bank for consumers. Highly recommend.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Many years ago when Regions first bought out Union Planters I had so many huge problems with them that I said never again. When my husband and I got married 3 years ago and combined accounts he already had one at Regions and where I banked didn’t have a branch where we were living. So I ate my words and went back to Regions. I can not complain about anything since moving back. We have a checking, savings and have had two separate loans. So I give them a 4 since I did have such bad issues what must be 20 years ago. But if I based it on just my experience over the last 3 it would be 5.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2020

Regions is big enough to provide most of the services I need and small enough to provide personal service. I do wish they were better at providing loans. We had to go to NFCU for a $23,000 loan because Regions would not fund it.

Original review: March 29, 2021

My card was compromised and I had to replace my card. Since then the fraud department has locked both my daughter and husband's debit cards without cause no fraud just locked them without warning!! Absolutely no access to money on their debit cards. I have called to have the block removed and no one will ever pick up. This is the 4th day!! I’m on hold in excess of an hour every call and only a stupid recording. I called customer service, they apologize but say it’s nothing they can do. Do NOT bank here unless you have the patience of God!! After 20 years this is the piss poor service you receive. And calling 1800-REGIONS is of no help in getting anyone to answer.

Original review: March 3, 2021

A customer use to be able to look the telephone number to a specific branch and talk to someone in your local branch. Now it's a number to a call center and "Reggie" is your contact. An automated answer service that attempts to answer your question or assist you. This normally waste about 30 minutes of your time. Now they are closing branches and my local branch is one that is being closed. Had they maintained their original customer service and ways of operating this branch would probably not been affected. Believe it or not there are still some people that like to have that personal, professional interaction especially when it comes to your financial institution. I will be changing where I do business in the very near future. Regions Bank USE TO be amazing! Not anymore. Look at your options closely.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Well I been a customer for 10 years and the only thing I keep with them is a checking account which I will be closing very soon. I had a credit card and a credit line but this bank Customer Service is awful. I got excellent credit score and they dare to deny me. So if they don't value or appreciate my business is time to go somewhere else. Also, the place really doesn't help either, my loan was processed in the "GREAT STATE OF ALABAMA". Thanks for wasting my time. Never again!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I opened an account years ago and because I moved into a house they want to see my lease or they said they will close the account. None of their business. Very unprofessional. They closed my account. I have heard the same stories from other members and I can't be more dissa.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I had my father close my Regions account, and since he managed the account, they couldn’t disclose anything to me so they sent me my money in form of cashiers check for $2,000 cuz he’s been stealing from me. My banking experience with these people was horrible. They don’t do anything but sit on their phones from what I’m seeing. If you do get with someone in person, you will feel like you're talking to a wall or to yourself because they don’t what you're talking about and if they do know what you're talking about, they’re not gonna care anyways.

These clueless idiotic people, not only that but they are rude and they do anything in their power to get you out of their bank so they don’t have to mess with you while they are making money off of fees. If you plan to open a savings or checking account, do yourself a favor and open one up somewhere else, but at Regions. In my opinion, Regions needs to be shut down completely and never open back again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Regions bank froze my account because someone got into my account and deposited a bad check. My bank account is on hold until my local branch manager returns from vacation...which will be after February 3 when my retirement check hits my account. If my account is still frozen on Feb 3rd my bills linked to my retirement will all bounce.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Opened an account 3 days ago online. Went to bank 1 day ago to make in-person deposit of my payroll check. Teller told me payroll check will be available in 1 day, yesterday. Went to get money today teller told me my money won’t be available till Tuesday even though it says on my on-line app it available NOW. Talked with teller, then customer service then teller, everyone of them had a different explanation. I wish I would of read reviews before opening a new account. I only opened it here because of the 62+ free checking. If my funds are not available on Monday I am contacting BBB and whoever else I can scream “don’t do it, run” to. So far worst experience ever.

Regions Bank Company Information