1.39/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Regions Bank

Looking for a mortgage lender?

686 Regions Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Easy to use. Very efficient and always available to help. No fees to use. Like the fact that they have lots of brick and mortar offices in many states. We have been customers and account holders for decades.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I've been banking with Regions for 40 years (including the time before they bought out my bank) and my experience has been a positive one. Checking, CD's, IRA's, and investments. I've also been banking with other banks over a long period, (never keep your money in one bank for FICA) and I've found overall for a bank, Regions has been my best experience. But I find a Credit Union is best for loans and smaller investments, and they have lower fees. Other Banks could learn a lot from Regions. Wells Fargo, BOA, Capitol, Guaranty are among the worst banks I've encountered.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I spoke with Chris who really helped not only dispute my fraudulent charges but also helped me understand how skimmers work and how people may have gotten my card info. He was knowledgeable and courteous, and he was patient with me when I asked a lot of questions about the skimming process. Great experience!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My mother lived with me in a state with no Regions Banks but chose to keep her accounts with her East Peoria Regions branch. When she died, the branch manager, Ms. **, was amazingly helpful, compassionate, and knowledgeable. She filled out all the paperwork for me for an annuity with another company, calling them and even giving them her Social Security number when they questioned her. She issued a check immediately for my mother’s CD and made a very good suggestion to clear her checking account with a check to the funeral home. I know my mother always had very positive relationships with the bank staff, and I now understand her loyalty. Ms. ** greatly exceeded my expectations, and I would definitely bank there if so lived nearby. She made a difficult time so much easier for me, and I will always be grateful to her!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Regions Bank is careful and precise. Though the bank itself was the victim of natural disasters in Iowa, employees work very hard to make sure customers assets are safely growing. The education and expertise of the staff is impressive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Regions Bank Lost $1000 of My Money and No One Can Seem To Find It! I had auto payment on my checking account to my credit card. When my credit card balance was 0 dollars Regions did not stop two of my payments from going into my account. These two payments were then refunded out of my credit card account, but to where? No one knows. The credit card account is no longer linked to my social security number. No one knows where the $1000 dollars or the account is. They say the only way they can see the account is with my credit card number (which I shredded the credit card). How does a bank lose $1000????

On a separate note I about a year and a half ago I moved to Puerto Rico and updated my address with Regions. I have been receiving bank statements like clockwork. Earlier this year my debit card expired. After calling the bank and asking them to send a new debit card I waited for 2 weeks and did not receive a card. I called Regions back and they sent another new card... which I didn't receive. This went on for 2 months. Finally I had to change my address on all of my accounts in order to have the card sent to my parents. My parents then had to mail me my debit card. If I wasn't lucky enough to have parents to who could send my debit credit. I would have had no way to access my money. Honestly after these two experiences if I could give Regions negative stars I would. How does a banking institution think it is ok to treat their customers this way.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

My ATM card was stolen and I reported it within an hour. The person who stole my card was able to use it at Target and got $1200 out of my account within 30 minutes. I was told if I made a police report I would get my $1200 back. I made report and submitted it to Regions Bank and 3 weeks later I was informed that my claim was DENIED. When I went to the bank in person I was accused of giving my PIN number to the person who stole my card. The only way I got my money back was because I had made a SECOND POLICE report in the town where my card was used. Luckily the police had pictures of the thieves from cctv. BEWARE of this terrible bank.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

As a small business customer, we secured a 3 million dollar debt at Regions to open and operate our business. We never missed a payment... NEVER. We were never were late on a payment... EVER. Despite this, we made changes that improved our profitability by over 30% and removed unnecessary cost. Mind you we did this just because it was good business. BUT, our market and market competitors who also financed with Regions in this industry mismanaged their businesses and many of them shuttered. So, what Regions kindly did for us was put out an olive branch to "make sure we were taking care of you" and with the other hand told us that they were going to start looking for ANY reason to accelerate our loans (despite us never missing any payments ever).

What they did instead was comb through the covenants in the loan agreements (that to this point 2 years into the project did not seem to matter) and they started hitting us with detailed "technical" defaults that are so arbitrary and unscrupulous that it would put any small business in jeopardy... At any point, whatever suits their needs. What a bunch of liars... A den of thieves. In short, they are not a "partner" to any small business. They are liars and mislead those that depend on them for good advise. Can't be more disappointed in people than I was with which I was in contact with, took at their word and now have suffered the embarrassment of taking them as being anything other than crooks.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

When I signed up for an account they told me you have X amount of days before they locked the account for 24 hrs. They then changed it to be less than that without telling anyone, and extended the length from 24-48 hrs again without saying anything. Do not use this bank, any other bank is better than this one. If I could give it 0 stars I would.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

We had our bank card stolen on last month. Katy was helpful on Friday of last week but today indicated that we gave our pin number to the crooks that deposited the check and withdrew the money a little at a time. I had a stop payment on the cards when we found out it was stolen. I went the extra mile to call the company that the check came from and talked to the accountant. The accountant told me to tell the bank manager to call her to discuss the situation and she didn't want to call her. She finally decided to call her to discuss the situation of the fraudulent transaction.

Regions fraud department do not know how to investigate or catch a fraud situation. I will be taking this situation to court and is on the process of doing so now. I am trying to help with the problem but being treated like the crook. I am doing the investigator's job cause according to the accountant of that company came from no one called her discussing the situation but me. So get ready to court. Especially if the company reimburse the bank.

Regions Bank Company Information