3.47/5

664 Regions Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 12, 2019

I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with Regions since I opened my account 10 years ago. Recently my account was hacked and they walked me through the process and had my money returned within a week!

Original review: June 14, 2019

I've been banking with Regions for 40 years (including the time before they bought out my bank) and my experience has been a positive one. Checking, CD's, IRA's, and investments. I've also been banking with other banks over a long period, (never keep your money in one bank for FICA) and I've found overall for a bank, Regions has been my best experience. But I find a Credit Union is best for loans and smaller investments, and they have lower fees. Other Banks could learn a lot from Regions. Wells Fargo, BOA, Capitol, Guaranty are among the worst banks I've encountered.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I spoke with Chris who really helped not only dispute my fraudulent charges but also helped me understand how skimmers work and how people may have gotten my card info. He was knowledgeable and courteous, and he was patient with me when I asked a lot of questions about the skimming process. Great experience!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My mother lived with me in a state with no Regions Banks but chose to keep her accounts with her East Peoria Regions branch. When she died, the branch manager, Ms. **, was amazingly helpful, compassionate, and knowledgeable. She filled out all the paperwork for me for an annuity with another company, calling them and even giving them her Social Security number when they questioned her. She issued a check immediately for my mother’s CD and made a very good suggestion to clear her checking account with a check to the funeral home. I know my mother always had very positive relationships with the bank staff, and I now understand her loyalty. Ms. ** greatly exceeded my expectations, and I would definitely bank there if so lived nearby. She made a difficult time so much easier for me, and I will always be grateful to her!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Regions Bank is careful and precise. Though the bank itself was the victim of natural disasters in Iowa, employees work very hard to make sure customers assets are safely growing. The education and expertise of the staff is impressive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?

Original review: July 11, 2019

I deposited my retirement check and it was pending for 6 days. Regions LOCKED my account on the 6th day for fraud. I called and was told I needed to go to the branch, went to the branch and was told I needed to wait out the investigation. I called my retirement company and guess what? My check cleared 7/3!!!! No one will answer why my account is locked, how long this will take, and keep giving me the run around regarding my case. Definitely closing all my accounts!

Original review: June 29, 2019

The 800 number customer service is beyond terrible. Very sad when you know what race of people they are without even seeing them. Their DISPUTE CENTER is a ZOO full of wild, uneducated, MONKEYS. This is why they could never own a business. It would burn to the ground. I'm glad my local branch has nothing to do with them. They need a complete makeover of employees if they plan to stay in the game. How embarrassing to have such filth working for them. Obviously cheap labor and too incompetent to complain, so they just hire their own. Disgusting beings. Regions needs to make a move or they will lose a lot of customers. No one wants to be a part of such people. TRUTH HURTS? Good. Sucks to be you and race.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I had a deposit of 640 dollars into my account Friday and so I spent a weekend spending money trying to have a fun time since I haven’t had that in a while. So now on Monday, I wake up to see -601.55 in my account which pissed me off so I called them and they made it seem it was my fault and that I need to fix it but I told them how could have gone through if it was pending so now. I literally ask them how can I fix this and their exact response was “You will just have to find a way to bring back to a positive balance” like what. I am very disappointed like the one time I do something for myself I ended up have to deal with this. Thinking about changing banks.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I would give 0 stars if I could! Every. Single. Month. that I have to call these people to make a payment on our car loan I have to spend at least 45 minutes (today was an hour) being transferred from person to person! No one knows who I am supposed to talk to!?!? They say I can't go online to make a payment so I either have to mail a check or call. Well, my check has gotten lost in the mail before so I don't do that anymore. I asked to speak to a supervisor this time because it just got so asinine! The supervisor was rude and completely unhelpful and told me she would have to transfer me to another department!

This makes my 8th transfer! All the while sitting on hold during each transfer! This whole thing is so insane I cannot adequately express it in words. I will NEVER EVER EVER get a loan again through Regions and I will SURE never bank with them. I cannot WAIT until this loan is paid off in 10 months. This has happened nearly EVERY SINGLE TIME I have called to GIVE them money since Feb of 2017!

Original review: June 18, 2019

I called May 15 to close my account when I had $10. They told me they would send me a check. They never did. They took out an $8 monthly fee on May 17th making my account $2. They then took out a monthly fee again on June 17th making my account -$6. I called on June 18th and they said they didnt see anything anywhere where they had tried to close my account, so they did it again. It is June 18, I still received no check from them. She told me to wait a few days and check if I can still access online banking. If not, she told me I would have to go to the bank (45 minutes away) and have them close it. Really???

Regions Bank Company Information