1.21/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

627 Regions Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Enticed by their $200 bonus for opening a new personal checking account, I would pay them that just to quickly end this business relationship. Held two check deposits for 11 days, one of which was tendered by my previous bank. Locked me out of online banking until they cleared (still locked out as I write this). And, I'm done. Please keep in mind that at least with corporate, they were snarky and rude throughout. This place is a joke. Bank elsewhere unless you want to spend part of your working day dealing with this kind of nonsense.

Enticed by their $200 bonus for opening a new personal checking account, I would pay them that just to quickly end this business relationship. Held two check deposits for 11 days, one of which was tendered by my previous bank. Locked me out of online banking until they cleared (still locked out as I write this). When speaking with corporate, this was the transaction:

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Regions Bank is a total rip-off. I've never been robbed by a bank as worse as this. The overdrives are a total rip-off. Yesterday when I login to my account I have one pending overdraft. Today I deposit $120 into my account. Today I checked my account and they hit me with two overdrafts. When I call to complain they said my other overdrafts. I wasn't able to see it on my end but they can see it on their end. I am leaving this Bank. I advise you never to deal with this Bank.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Yesterday when I logged into my online Regions account to see about my (1) overdraft and I saw that Regions charged me (2) Overdraft Fees and I called them and they only gave me back $36 and $18 and the guy said they do the rest at midnight til 6 am. When I looked again on my online Regions account I saw they did refund the other $18, then when I logged on today I saw they took it off and I called them and they said I was not available for the second refund of the overdraft fee. They ripped me off $18 half of my other overdraft fee. So I'll be switching to another Bank. This Bank is a ripoff.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I'm totally frustrated with Regions. I have been banking with them for a long time now. Back in July of 2018 Regions allowed someone to change the address on my account. No one can tell me who did it! So therefore I went to redeem my reward points and I never received my gift cards because the cards went to the incorrect address. So I then asked could they resend the gift cards to the correct address and that say no. I also asked could I get my points back and they say no. That is so not fair. Totally frustrated with them. They didn't even try to accommodate a life long customer.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Yesterday, on the first business day of the year, I went to a brand new branch that opened very close to my home to open a small business account. The bank also has a branch conveniently located 2 blocks away from the office I rented for my new business. So it looked like an easy decision for starting our fresh new venture, with a wonderfully “green” look. The process of opening the account took more than TWO HOURS (thank goodness they have computers). Today I went to register in the online banking, and the page gave me an error. I tried again, and again, obtaining the same result… Then I decided to phone the customer service number noted there.

Once I got through the choices, the machine said, "Your estimated waiting time is 10 minutes," which were really almost 20, but well I’m thinking their computers are like that (or their systems…). When the agent heard my problem, she told me that the error refers to a piece of data, incorrectly input by me. While she was on the phone, I went back twice over every single question and answer, and everything was correct and I kept getting the same error message, and so I told her. To that she replied: "I apologize but at this point there is nothing I can do for you, that error means that there is an incorrect input, and unfortunately I cannot do the registration for you.” Do I have to live without online banking? Shall I have to call a Shaman of some sort to help me guess what is going wrong? Tomorrow first thing I’m going to close the account!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I’m closing my account today and moving on. Within the last month, Regions has created more problems for me with no solutions given on their end. They’ve run out of money (that’s what the teller told me when coming to the bank for a withdrawal). The next closest branch was more than 30 mins away. Regions assessed an overdraft fee in anticipation of an overdraft. After waiting more than 20 mins to speak with someone on the phone, they say they can’t refund me because at midnight I had a transaction come in for the next day that “would’ve over drafted me” and that was their reasoning for taking $36 from me. It’s ridiculous! I’m going to a bank that has quality customer service and doesn’t want to take your hard earned money.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I had the most horrendous experience December 21, 2018 at the Regions Bank, Belle Forest Circle, Nashville branch. I went in to add my new bride to my checking account. I was waited on by an older man, Mike **, who didn't want to wait on me as he was on hold with his cell phone for his personal business, but thought he might be able to squeeze us in. He then ordered my bride's granddaughter to sit outside the cubicle and that "He would keep an eye on her."

Without asking me, he listed Debbie by her maiden name and then said to use her married name he would need a marriage certificate. I pulled our's out and he said angrily, "You're holding out on me, Earl." Mike didn't like the way the marriage certificate was printed by the state and tried to call the issuing clerk. I guess he thought I had printed it myself and wanted to verify the veracity of it. As it was after 4 p.m. the office was closed and he refused to use her married name. I told him, "Fine, go ahead."

He then announced that he didn't like the tone of my voice and that if I didn't start behaving he was going to push the button to call the police and have me arrested??? For not liking the TONE of my voice???? As my friend would say, "What the what?" All throughout the time we were in his office, he lectured us on things like he wished he lived in the country, that he would never come to town. His threat to "push the button that is only two inched from my hands and have the police arrest me" indicates that he needs serious psychiatric help and should not be allowed to deal with the public. I tried to close my accounts but as one had my daughter on it and she was not there, could not close them both. I will not return to this branch but this man is a danger to the public. Do not go there! #regionsbank #belleforrest #Bellvue #nashville

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

They took a 131.00 out of my account after being on hold for 20 min. They said it was because I was 30 days past due on a loan payment. The payment is 20.41. It was paid on 11/28. Said it was to cover the loan and when 30 days this happens. Been with them since 1983. Hope I live to see the bank fail.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

About 36 hours ago, the mobile app for Regions account holders stopped working. The company stopped providing any type of updates 24 hours ago. This is happening 10 days before Christmas. Facebook is literally flooded with hundreds and hundreds of angry complaints. People can't order online, use their debit at ATMs, nor use any mobile app feature. No response from the company. Pathetic way to run a company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Today I was charged $72.00 in NSF for pending charges, which never overdrafted my account! It doesn't matter if that charge was going to 'fall off' or what... they decided to hit me with fees anyway. Kicker is I had a direct deposit of 128 last night to cover any pending charges that was held till after they charged me the fees. Doesn't make sense to me???

Regions Bank Company Information