3.45/5

654 Regions Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My mother lived with me in a state with no Regions Banks but chose to keep her accounts with her East Peoria Regions branch. When she died, the branch manager, Ms. **, was amazingly helpful, compassionate, and knowledgeable. She filled out all the paperwork for me for an annuity with another company, calling them and even giving them her Social Security number when they questioned her. She issued a check immediately for my mother’s CD and made a very good suggestion to clear her checking account with a check to the funeral home. I know my mother always had very positive relationships with the bank staff, and I now understand her loyalty. Ms. ** greatly exceeded my expectations, and I would definitely bank there if so lived nearby. She made a difficult time so much easier for me, and I will always be grateful to her!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Regions Bank is careful and precise. Though the bank itself was the victim of natural disasters in Iowa, employees work very hard to make sure customers assets are safely growing. The education and expertise of the staff is impressive.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I have been banking with Regions for over 15 years and they are a good service bank. My experience when I was hacked was not pleasant as they canceled my card on a vacation trip w/o my knowledge and left me with no money access. Luckily, I had enough to get home and they apologized but recommended I have a backup card and I do with another financial institution. I have no complaints and am not considering moving to another bank in the future.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I don't know where the value and loyalty comes into play for their customers. I did not have that experience. I experienced fraudulent activity on my account. A check for a large deposit ($8 hundred and some dollars) was made into my account from what I thought was a legitimate banking institute. Regions froze my account due to "security reasons". When I contacted them to find out why they said, "we have received several of these checks drawn on this particular bank (Costa Ibiza, Ltd.) from Community Choice Financial, that were fraudulent. Until our fraud department does a thorough investigation, all monies are unavailable at this time. We advise you to file a police report, a fraudulent report to BBB and to all credit bureaus."

I complied and presented them with a police report. At this point I felt exhausted and mortified to say the least. They told me that a check for the remaining funds that belonged to me for $10.36 would be mailed to me. After a week of several calls for the status on the account, they were charging me a $15.00 fee for the return of that fraudulent check that was deposited into my account. I was violated by that scam and I had to pay for it??? I requested to have that charge removed and to return my money, that had nothing to do with the fraudulent check deposit, and the rep said that she would do what she can to have it reversed.

Well then, after a couple days past, I still hadn't heard anything. I contacted them again. I was told that there were pending charges that were paid for two separate transactions. Those transactions were already completed before the fraudulent activity occurred! I had a bank account in great standing with another local bank for three years.

I am a faithful, hardworking citizen for a company that actually banks with Regions, which is why I moved my bank account here. What a big fat mistake. I know it was only $10, but for a big "REPUTABLE"? bank as this, they did not treat me with loyalty, or value my business. Was it because I didn't have any money or carry a "high value" account with them? They took all that I had. I live paycheck to paycheck. That was all I had until a week and a half before our next payday came. I felt judged, scrutinized and belittled for a scam that I didn't commit. I can say "Thank goodness" that they caught it so that I didn't use the funds that I desperately needed to fix my vehicle with, but then to take my last $10?!?!?! Shameful.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Please avoid this bank at all costs. They will charge you NSF fees even of you deposit cash to cover the transactions. The claim is if it hit the account on pending status before your cash deposit is cleared by them (even if you deposit cash the same day) they will still charge you. Way to steal hard people's working money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?

Original review: May 7, 2019

They charge my account literally for no reason. I asked about why they charged it and the lady at the bank in Chattanooga told me “you can beat the bank.”This bank is out for money only and doesn’t care about their customers. Their customer service is very inconsistent with answers I never get the correct answers then all of a sudden I have 108 dollar charge from them afterwards. Never fails. Worst bank I’ve ever dealt with. We will be switching.

Original review: April 24, 2019

The branch I deal with in Bay St Louis MS and they have been wonderful. I'm seeing a lot of issues with other customers as well. I had $180 in NSF fees over a three day period. They said the money showing on my end was never processed on their end. The deposits were done before 2 pm on Friday and when you call the number on the back of the card they talk to you like you're stupid. If the money from my deposits was not in the bank when it said they were, by that logic once the deposits are posted then the money should be in my account right? And it's never shown up. Reviews that I have read seem to point to the same conclusion I've came up with. These fees are charged as a way to pocket extra money from people in hopes they don't look at their statements. I have a lawyer and an accountant looking over all of this to get some real answers.

Original review: April 19, 2019

My mother has had Regions Bank for 10 years. I decided to open up my account with my son who is 11 years old with $25000 if we have 5 accounts together and I decided to open up a credit card with them. They decided the day forgot how to report to TransUnion and Equifax. They cannot figure out how to get the accounts to reports. So on to of the credit reporting agencies. The credit card dropped off and my score dropped over 75 points and it has not been reporting for over a year and a 1/2 showing that I have no credit history. They have also not given me any type of credit limit increase.

I have had multiple issues with identity theft. They have Even received the police reports. They have received the fraud reports from the actual bank stating that the fraud was no fault of my own and they still denied to return my money and they said that I still received my money out of the ATM which I did not and they refused to give it back. I have drove 30 minutes almost daily to their bank for their ATM to be down and having to pay over $50 in fees O we and a $100 in gas a week because their ATM are down.

There are no other Regions ATMs in the area so I have no choice but to use one that cost me double the amount. I have hundreds of dollars in ATM fees. I have hundreds of dollars in unauthorized charges that they refused to reimburse. They refuse to report my credit payments to the credit bureaus. I have 5 accounts with them at 1 point with over $50000 in. I am so disgusted in this bank. I am ready to pull every penny out and especially the fact that I've been with them for 5 years and I've made $10 in interest between all the accounts.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Things to know:

1. If you make a check deposit for over 4K they will hold it for a full 10 business days. I switched banks and I thought writing a check for $4,200 was simple enough. Well, I could not use the account for 2 weeks. It was another local bank and the check had cleared my old bank the next day.
2. They do not offer bank to bank transfers. They offer something like Zelle or pop which are person to person services. I do not trust those services. And they cost money.

3. Minimum for free checking is $1,500 unless you have direct deposit. That became impossible to keep consistently all the year.

I eventually closed Regions. I did get a nice $150 bonus for opening a credit card with them. Which I eventually closed because there are no perks such as real cash back. I switched to a credit union that requires $0 balance for free checking. Banks will close checking accounts if they suspect fraud. By law, they cannot tell a person by phone. The person has to wait for the letter in the mail. Fraud can often happen by people depositing a work-at-home scam check.

You would be surprised how many people are still falling for this decades old scam. Often scammers use the name Chase for these counterfeit cashier's checks. Many other things can raise flags such as change of address, getting a judgement on another checking account, having a negative balance at a different bank, being on ChexSystems, having a negative balance for too long, changing an address and not notifying banks. The list goes on and on, but the reasons are always legitimate.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I deposited a check yesterday for $2,838.83. Received a letter at the time of deposit from the teller stating that 200 dollars would be made available today the 16th and that the balance would be made available on the 17th, This check came from Chase bank. I deposited at your Dania Beach branch on Sheridan street. The letter stating when the funds would be available was signed by Adriana ** and now since the funds have not been made available I call the bank and am being told that there is an indefinite hold on my account and the words, "fraud" keep coming up. I was told the funds would be made available on the 23rd of April and now it's the 24th.

I am telling anyone with an ear. Do not open an account with this bank. I am really unsure if I will receive the funds that I deposited into this bank. I have bills to pay and I need to buy insulin as I am diabetic. The assistant manager I spoke to at the branch was condescending and laughed like something was funny throughout the conversation I had with him and had no regard for my plight. All I am trying to do is access the funds I placed in this bank and was told they would be made available today which is a lie. That money was set aside so I could purchase my insulin which I so desperately need. Thanks Regions for making me feel undervalued as a human being and as a customer.

Regions Bank Company Information