3.8/5 (534 ratings)

About Regions Bank

Regions Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?

Original review: May 14, 2021

HSL, the owner of a small business, is a victim of Regions Bank. Last year she was contacted over the phone by a representative of Ascentium Capital, a subsidiary of Regions Bank. They advertised financing for a POS system called Clover. It was seemingly a great deal, they stated that there wasn’t a contract and stressed the quality of their customer service. When she started the service, the price was significantly more than what was said over the phone, and it grew monthly. She tried calling the number she was given and had trouble getting a response, when she did, they would dodge her questions and kept talking to fill the space. The problem of being overcharged stayed the same no matter the number of times she called. She wanted to cancel the service as it had become too expensive for her to continue.

When she called Ascentium, they told her to call a different department, she called and they said that she was in a two-year contract and if she wanted to cancel she needed to pay over $7,000. She told them that she had agreed to the original price with no contract, not what was being said. She name-dropped the salesperson who had originally advertised the package to her and Ascentium said they no longer worked for them.

They then revealed that the POS company Clover was unconnected to their company, though they had previously implied that they were one company. They told her that if she did not pay the fee they would add her business to a debtors list to be contacted by debt collectors and that they would drop her personal credit score, saying that that would be very difficult for her. She refused to pay the fee, knowing that this was wrong, and her credit score was ruined, making her unable to get a new house as she hoped to do that year.

Original review: May 7, 2021

I am currently working out of state due to Covid 19 as nurse that was relocated for 6 months. I need a replacement debit card for my checking account because the chip was broken. I ordered a new one and they froze my account and reported me as fraud because while I was away the name of my street changed and for a moment I blanked on my new street address. After 3 hours on the phone they agreed to send me a new card. They gave me the Visa 911 card replacement service. After an hour on the phone with Visa, Regions Bank was sent an approval to provide a new out of state card. Regions denied it. I had to spend another 2 hours on the phone with regions again.

Needless to say it's been 4 weeks I have no card, had to get a new back, new direct deposit to access my money and pay my bills. I am currently trying to close out my account but the last three times I have been given an excuse and they are telling me I need to come in to a bank (22 hour drive). Meanwhile regions bank is overdrafting my account even tho I turned off over draft on my account.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2021

My father died in January 2021. I am trying to take care of final expenses and affairs. I received a post card from Regions stating IMPORTANT NOTICE INSIDE. Inside had printed NOTICE OF CHANGE 04/13/21. I call Regions Customer Protection Center. The representative stated he could not help me so he transferred me to 800 S Shackleford Rd, Little Rock, AR 72211 and provided a phone number of 501-371-6400 just in case the call got disconnected. The phone rang until the call was disconnected. I immediately called the number directly and received the same result, no answer.

On April 30, 2021, I made two online appointment. Confirmation #** for a 1:45 PM on 04/30/21. No one called me. I made a second online appointment. Confirmation #**. No one called me for this appointment. I called the 1-800-REGIONS (734-4667) number. Was on hold for about 15 minutes. When a representative got on the line, I explained the situation. She told to go to a local branch. I live in a state that does not have a "local branch" which is why I was attempting to take care of this situation by phone. Oh I forgot I did go into a branch on 03/17/21 to try to take care of my deceased father's affairs. The representative took a copy of the Death Certificate to upload to his file then said there is nothing else that can be done. Dealing with Regions has been extremely difficult and emotional. I pray whoever banks with Regions will have a better experience because my experience has been horrific.

Original review: March 29, 2021

My card was compromised and I had to replace my card. Since then the fraud department has locked both my daughter and husband's debit cards without cause no fraud just locked them without warning!! Absolutely no access to money on their debit cards. I have called to have the block removed and no one will ever pick up. This is the 4th day!! I’m on hold in excess of an hour every call and only a stupid recording. I called customer service, they apologize but say it’s nothing they can do. Do NOT bank here unless you have the patience of God!! After 20 years this is the piss poor service you receive. And calling 1800-REGIONS is of no help in getting anyone to answer.

Original review: March 3, 2021

A customer use to be able to look the telephone number to a specific branch and talk to someone in your local branch. Now it's a number to a call center and "Reggie" is your contact. An automated answer service that attempts to answer your question or assist you. This normally waste about 30 minutes of your time. Now they are closing branches and my local branch is one that is being closed. Had they maintained their original customer service and ways of operating this branch would probably not been affected. Believe it or not there are still some people that like to have that personal, professional interaction especially when it comes to your financial institution. I will be changing where I do business in the very near future. Regions Bank USE TO be amazing! Not anymore. Look at your options closely.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Well I been a customer for 10 years and the only thing I keep with them is a checking account which I will be closing very soon. I had a credit card and a credit line but this bank Customer Service is awful. I got excellent credit score and they dare to deny me. So if they don't value or appreciate my business is time to go somewhere else. Also, the place really doesn't help either, my loan was processed in the "GREAT STATE OF ALABAMA". Thanks for wasting my time. Never again!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I opened an account years ago and because I moved into a house they want to see my lease or they said they will close the account. None of their business. Very unprofessional. They closed my account. I have heard the same stories from other members and I can't be more dissa.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I had my father close my Regions account, and since he managed the account, they couldn’t disclose anything to me so they sent me my money in form of cashiers check for $2,000 cuz he’s been stealing from me. My banking experience with these people was horrible. They don’t do anything but sit on their phones from what I’m seeing. If you do get with someone in person, you will feel like you're talking to a wall or to yourself because they don’t what you're talking about and if they do know what you're talking about, they’re not gonna care anyways.

These clueless idiotic people, not only that but they are rude and they do anything in their power to get you out of their bank so they don’t have to mess with you while they are making money off of fees. If you plan to open a savings or checking account, do yourself a favor and open one up somewhere else, but at Regions. In my opinion, Regions needs to be shut down completely and never open back again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Regions bank froze my account because someone got into my account and deposited a bad check. My bank account is on hold until my local branch manager returns from vacation...which will be after February 3 when my retirement check hits my account. If my account is still frozen on Feb 3rd my bills linked to my retirement will all bounce.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Opened an account 3 days ago online. Went to bank 1 day ago to make in-person deposit of my payroll check. Teller told me payroll check will be available in 1 day, yesterday. Went to get money today teller told me my money won’t be available till Tuesday even though it says on my on-line app it available NOW. Talked with teller, then customer service then teller, everyone of them had a different explanation. I wish I would of read reviews before opening a new account. I only opened it here because of the 62+ free checking. If my funds are not available on Monday I am contacting BBB and whoever else I can scream “don’t do it, run” to. So far worst experience ever.

Regions Bank Company Information