2.4/5 (1148 ratings)

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

About Regions Bank

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

Regions Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?

Original review: May 5, 2022

Updated on 05/06/2022: I'm still waiting for MY money to be deposited into my account. Been a week since I put cash into the ATM and the ATM crashed. I've been dealing with robots, rude "chat" people and nothing but a run around. ONE person has been helpful but still can't get my cash deposited into my account. This bank is a joke and should be shut down. After reading reviews from other customers (over 1,000) complaints about the same issue I am going through is a shame. Can't contact an actual person and God forbid corporate do anything to actually help their customers.. Funny but they need to realize they work for US! Without us they wouldn't have a job. I'm hoping people will start reading reviews before trusting their money going to any bank. Hopefully this review and the 1,000+ other reviews posted about this bank will help someone. GO ELSEWHERE. READ REVIEWS.

Original Review: If I could give a negative star I would. I have been with Regions for 4 years (give or take a couple months). Since opening the account money has been "lost". Has been added to my account (that wasn't even mine then disappears the same day) multiple times. ATMs constantly down or eats your deposit and you have to wait weeks to get it credited to your account..Meanwhile they add on overdraft fees. OH and as I am "chatting" with a rep right now I am told "there are other ways to deposit money". I'm sorry. Do you not work for us? If we didn't have accounts here you wouldn't have a job. This place is a joke! With all the times people deposit their cash and the ATM "fails" makes one wonder what is really going on? Find another bank and look for reviews before opening any account. And now they sent me a link to open a savings account...Got to be joking!

Original review: April 26, 2022

Wow. This bank is HORRIBLE. Wish I NEVER came across them. I have perfect credit and a perfect pay history for over 20 years. I signed up with this joke of a bank for one of their credit card promotions - DON'T DO IT!!! Their website was a disaster to get set up. I set up auto-pay but it didn't take. They then (without sending any notice) gave me a late on my credit (first one EVER). I asked them to remove it. They said, "NO". Then, after 3 months, their system screwed up again (how does auto pay work on all my other cards but now with this place?). Again, a 2nd 30 day late - with no notice. And would not remove, although it auto-paid for the other 3 months. This place SUCKS!!!

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2022

Do NOT open a business account. They will pull so much money from you for their “fees.” I spent at least an hour a week trying to get resolution to banking issues. Went in person two months ago to close my account as per their instructions. It’s two months later and I still can’t get it closed and yep! They are still collecting fees. It has been the biggest nightmare. Don’t try and speak with someone because their automation will have you going in circles.

Original review: March 23, 2022

I'm a retired business owner and dealing with Regions and trying to consider them a real Bank is beyond my ability. Never have I had dealing with any financial institution that was so damn uncaring and sloppy. Four times they stopped purchases for no reason. Brainless people running this bank and for sure their so called fraud department. I'm shopping for a new bank today and will be leaving these clowns very soon.

Original review: March 4, 2022

Tried to review my online bank account today and received a notice saying my account had been locked to security reasons. I was given a number to call, waiting a ridiculous period of time. Then I went through an identification process and then was told I had to be transferred to another department. This time I was told the wait time was greater than 15 minutes. I have been an account holder for many years & the process for addressing a situation is ridiculous. I have had numerous similar episodes over the years and the bank refuses to publish local branch phone numbers. If it is possible for anyone to avoid opening an account at this bank, I strongly recommend you look elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

This is the single worst bank I have ever encountered. They accept checks for deposit that are made out to people/entities other than the payee! I am astounded by this behaviour and when called on it I was in essence told: Too bad, so sad. This is something I would expect a bookie to say, not a major banking concern. In any event nothing could be done because they arbitrarily decided the matter was not worth their time or scrutiny. I guess when you're a big corporation you can pretty much do whatever you want. They blew me AND the BBB off. Mr. **, you should be ashamed of yourself!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

I put 700.00 in the ATM on Friday and it basically ate the money and gave a receipt. I went to the branch and called customer service they said it could take up to 10 days to resolve. This is my rent money. I spoke to branch manager Andrea and she was nonchalant and didn’t help. Customer service on the phone said the branch should be able to fix the issue and they refused. I spoke to the area manager and it was the same thing. They won’t provide the credit and hold your money while they investigate instead of just fixing it on the back end. DON’T TRUST. I am out of my rent money because of this bank and at this point don’t know if the issue will ever be resolved because they DON’T CARE. All THEY DO Is APOLOGIZE.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

This bank for 9 months has did activity in my account. Several customers are angry with this local worse bank in century. Ok so last August how you send money to credit card and take back and make me pay; last September you give IRS and take back and re again December as a $200 payment once a new agreement with them set! Crooks I promise!!!! Yesterday took the cake for me and never banking there again!!!! They will be paid by the 30 day mark and that is it and never ever never!!! They try to make my job Uber not give me rides but to bank they paid every day I should never see longevity overdraft period. As they curiously. I was told they pay back is 7days then 30 days!!! I am in absolute anger!! Don’t bank with them then my IRA account they rejected as wire transfer and then took it!! How when it was under review at Fidelity! Crooks! Then placed it in my bank account as a negative!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I had missed a call from Regions Bank and I returned it. The lady let me know that the company I work for loan is 34 days past due. I told her that I’ve been a week and a Hospital and just got out but when I get back to the office I will look into the matter. She proceeded to push me to go ahead and pay over the phone and I reiterated that I am not at the office and I just got out of the hospital after a week stay. The disappointing thing is regions has built this big PR campaign on relationships but this lady Was unconcerned about my state of health and just wanted to get a payment. Sidenote. I have banked with regions Bank for at least 20 years. I am not a fly by customer. Sad and disheartening regions has gotten to this point.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

I wanted to use the external transfer service from Regions Bank checking account to another bank's checking. When I asked beforehand, I was informed that there would be no fee for the outbound EXTERNAL transfer and was said to feel free to do it without worries. However, I was charged $3 as the outbound service fee. After seeing this, I contacted 3-4 agents by phone, and all of them said the $3 fee was charged by another bank, not Regions. Now, it turned out that Regions bank actually DID charge $3 for the outbound external transfer. A Regions banker says that they are sorry but that there's nothing they can do about this.

I am not happy, because I did the external transfer only based on the Region's bank agent's misinformation. Also, I am surprised that 3-4 agents by phone all said there is NO fee for the outbound EXTERNAL transfer from the Regions bank account. This morning was the first time that the agent said there IS a $3 outbound external transfer fee. However, they wouldn't refund this fee.

Take a Mortgage Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Regions Bank Company Information