1.23/5

641 Regions Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 21, 2019

In person and onsite banking has been great. However, recently regions removed all local bank phone numbers and anytime you need anything at all you must call their 800 number. It is the WORST! I cannot begin to tell you how infuriating it is to spend 20 min waiting to talk to someone, give them every detail of your account and personal history, then be told they can't help you and that you will now have to wait 30 min to speak to someone else. Every....single....time I call this is exactly what happens. Do NOT use this bank.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Regions Bank charged me an overdraft fee saying that my money that I deposited into my account to cover my mortgage payment was not processed on time which is a lie... I made all necessary deposits at 7:40pm to make certain that I put the money in my account before the 8pm deadline and at that point I had a positive balance.. Well when I woke up the next morning my account was over drawn by $65 which is completely bogus and makes no sense at all.. I could not get a justified answer from anyone at the bank branch or customer service as to what caused this overdraft...I think some of my money was held so that this would happen..Some money was cash and some from my Square account.. Complete bullcrap and they refused to fix the problem saying that the funds didn't process until 11:30pm that night... Do not bank with Regions!

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: March 12, 2019

In good faith, I opened a NEW account with Regions, mainly because of how they treated my Mother. I was asked to co-sign for my Mother's account because she was going on long cruise and was getting her affairs in order just in case. The branch manager was kind, thorough and met all my Mother's needs. All I did was co-sign. I have no access to her account and didn't plan on it. It was at that point I thought I would also open an account. Then I found out they offer a bonus for new accounts. Now it's a no brainer. New account, bonus, close branch location.

Now after 4 months of getting the runaround. I am told that I do not qualify for the bonus because I already have an account? Excuse me what are you talking about? That's my Mother's account, not mine. I opened the new account in good faith. Based on my circumstance, it seems Regions should honor the bonus it advertised in a flyer that Regions mailed to me after co-signing for my Mother's account. False advertising at its finest. Do what's right and honor the bonus.

Original review: March 11, 2019

My debit card was declined with the reasoning being the card was "expired". The expiration date on the card was 08/19, this is March. I called Regions Customer Service, they noted the card was not expired but apparently an error was made by the "computer had generated it as expired". With it being the weekend, bank branches closed, I was left with only a "I'm sorry there is nothing we can do". Will be moving checking, savings, and IRA's to a bank that is able to do something about an error that is made on their part and a bank that cares.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I received an offer in the mail to open an account, Offered money for meeting all objectives. I am 69 and not very good with technology. Went in, talked with the manager and opened account. 1 year later after meeting all objectives for reward was denied. Why? Because offer was in my daughter's name (I received one in my name but picked up wrong mailing when I went in). However a manager opened the account, never said there was a problem. Now I am denied the rewards due to this. FRAUD as manager knew, had offer in his hand and still made the promises. Filing a fraud complaint for all the good it will do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?

Original review: March 5, 2019

Regions put 1800 of my dollars in another account, and are telling me it will take 5-7 days to correct it and return MY MONEY! In the meantime, my business rent check will bounce. They admitted that it was totally their fault, but claim there is nothing else they can do to correct it sooner! I will be closing my accounts with them ASAP.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I deposited a check on Monday. My account went into a fraud hold. ALL of my monies aside of this check were being held captive. My paycheck, my social security, they sent my phone bill back, I couldn’t pay my rent. Not ONE person including my own branch was helpful in any way. So here I sit on a Saturday on the side of the road with $12,000.00 in my bank, 4 miles in gas left till I run out and no access to one single dollar WHICH says available and had cashed through my brother's bank DAYS AGO! I’m insulin depends and can’t get my meds. LEGALLY NO BANK CAN HOLD MY SOCIAL SECURITY AND WEEKLY PAYCHECKS CAPTIVE! I am spreading all of this on EVERY PAGE SITE CAN FIND, along with tell my children community, family and friends (and I got A LOT) to never use these thieves!!!

Original review: March 2, 2019

Deposited local checks into my account only to have a hold put on my entire account, debit cards cancelled, and only "there is nothing we can do ☺" from the local branch, branch I opened my account at and 1800 #. The most useless inconvenient inconsiderate bank ever. Funds were verified. Also check issuers confirmed with Regions fraud prevention and after I kept reaching out for help they EXTENDED the check hold for 3 more days. My business is now out of work for a week. Can't buy materials for construction jobs, or gas, or pay help, or pay my rent, and my son's 10 year old birthday... Regions will screw you up. They have you by the balls and "there is nothing we can do ☺." As soon as this nightmare is over I'm closing the account and will bash them until I see their doors close. Worthless excuse of a bank.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Regions put a hold on my entire account because of a large deposit I made. They kept the hold on the account even after the funds were verified and had already cleared the account it was coming from. I was told by the branch that I had to come into the bank and remove the money that was in the account before the deposit was made, in order to access the original funds. I have to remove my legitimate funds in order to get access to my own money! What happens if a check I wrote tries to go through my account?? Would I be charged overdraft fees due to no fault of my own? No one could answer that question. And I repeat the funds have been cleared from the account the funds were coming from. The person who wrote me the check even called their bank and confirmed that the check was good.

After calling the Regions corporate office who could tell me nothing, I was told to call the branch that I originally opened my account out of (even though that branch had been closed for several years). I was then told to contact the branch where I submitted my deposit. That branch called the corporate fraud dept who said the account could be held up to 3 to five days. The bank was positioned to hold my own personal legitimate funds even though the deposit was good and verified?!! As a bank customer I am not allowed to contact the corporate fraud dept. I then placed a complaint with the bank corporate office and I was told the account could be held up to 11 days. Which is it 3, 5, or 11??? I was then told I could contact the fraud dept and speak to someone there.

After being transferred and clicking option 2 (which was something about getting information on a submitted claim) my call was dumped into a generic mailbox that was full so no messages could be left. If I could pull all of my money out and go to a different bank I would, however they are still holding my verified deposit!! I understand the bank protecting itself. They could have held my deposit weeks that would have been fine. But to hold my funds that were already in my account for possibly up to 11 days, is beyond ridiculous!!! I will make sure everyone I come in contact with hears this story and as soon as everything is made available I will be removing my money from Regions and banking somewhere else.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I am with Regions Bank and I monitor my account usage after every transaction and recently I had a fee added to my account for $108. When I contacted them, I was informed that my account was overdrafted for 0.17 (17 cent) and then another transaction for 1.07. I explained to them that I check my account after every use of my debit card and they told me that sometimes it won’t show up and there was nothing they could do about my fees. This bank is stealing people's money and covering it up by accessing fees that the account owner should never have. Someone needs to be informed of what is going on.

Regions Bank Company Information