1.26/5

602 Regions Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I have banked with Regions for 20+ years and have numerous accounts with them. I pull up my account today to discover they have charged me a $36. overdraft fee because I was supposedly .88 cents short on a charge to my debit card. I had close to $2000. in savings and had money in every other account that is linked with mine. Did they bother to pull .88 cents to cover that??? NO. When I called, it took me 30 minutes to get someone on the phone and she told me, basically, too bad.

This is how they operate. If I had been .01 cents short, they would've charged me $36. Are you kidding me??? Maybe they're charging so much so that they can hire some courteous, prompt, and informed customer service representatives??? Because they sure do not have any now. I recommend that NO ONE bank with Regions. They have horrible customer service and horrible bank practices. They will probably be the next bank that we find out has been embezzling money continuously!!!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

So I am having the same issues with my account. I put money in and if I use my debit/credit card I need to go online and check my account first because there are always something coming out of my account on their end. Fees! Now I have switched to carrying cash and rarely use my card. My problem is I'm stuck there because I have a $7500.00 personal loan that was co-signed for me, used to start a small business. I cannot count how many times money is just plain missing! Gone! Poof! So I start watching my accounts and collecting hard copy proof and putting all of it in a red folder.

One thing I found strange is when I go in and pay on my loan I try to double the amount due. (Trying to get ahead) The processes changed, from person to person? The teller takes the money and only puts minimum amount due on loan, then does "another transaction" and tells me she is putting that towards my principle. Well this money never again was to be found. Then I went in and asked about it, no manager ever available and I was told they "moved her to another branch" So you get the kid that does new accounts, he says, "he will have the manager call me when he gets back in the office." No call back.

Ok so one thing is I live 1/4 mile from Regions so one time, after going through this yet again, I called from the parking lot and told the same thing, "The manager is not in." Bam walked right in door, phone still in hand. I walked in the manager's office threw down all my proof of this money not in me account. Hundreds... "What the hell is going on with my money?!" She took all of my receipts and printed transactions, had it all in a folder. She takes the folder, looks at it and sees what I'm talking about. She sounded concerned and says she will "get to the bottom of this!" We talked one or two more that week she doesn't know, she will have to go higher-up to find the answer and will get back to me ASAP.

I'm so happy finally I'm going to get to the bottom of this. The next day or two after work I stopped in and she DOESN'T WORK THERE ANYMORE and The red folder gone!! I asked the NEW manager what was going on with this missing money, he "just started at this branch so he needs to get caught up on everything" OK so I give him a week or two, I go in and "he is not there anymore." I'm thinking this job has a high turnover rate? There is something going on at this bank!! What's the **. Is this Area 51 or what? All I want to know is where is my damn money?? Stopped in again this time before work and there is a large RED sign on the front door this branch Is closed!! Ok now I know I'm just screwed? This has caused me so much time and stress that I actually was thinking I'm losing my mind. This can't happen right, I mean there are laws and federal standards.RIGHT???

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have had issues with my online banking before, but today is the last straw. Over the weekend I could not get into my online banking. Had to wait until Wednesday my only day off to call them. They did some type of update and because of that I had to delete my browser history. OK fine, while that was annoying, what happened next was the very last time I will do business with them. When I finally got into my account my direct deposit was not in my account after checking with my job to make sure it wasn't on their end, it wasn't.

I called Regions yet again. They told me they are having an issue with the direct deposit. That was at 9:30 AM, it is now 2:30 PM, and my pay is not in the account. I have automatic withdraws from that account. I made an appointment with Bank of America to move my funds, but I CANNOT move my funds because my pay is not in my regions account. As soon as I have my money I am withdrawing all of it and going with BoA.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Our debit card was cloned on 07/20/18 and after racking up hundreds of dollars in actual purchases and overdraft fees, the bank denied our claim twice stating that it passed their fraud investigation. What investigation if you don't even review camera footage or signatures, hell you don't even contact the police department...we did file a report as well. We never received any alerts that our card had been compromised. I happened to be getting ready to make an Amazon purchase and realized that one of our accounts was in the negative! Not being able to contact anyone due to their "office hours". I went to the mobile app and blocked all transactions.

We've been with this bank for over 15 years and were never told that we needed to set up separate accounts for mobile banking! After waking up to several more charges, is when this was discovered! Not only has this been a nightmare to resolve, it ruined our birthday weekend because we had no money!! They took the money from our savings and primary account to cover the overdraft and left us with $2...and the damn account is still in the negative as we speak! This is no way to treat your customers! And to have an uptight rep pretty much show no sympathy and try to over talk us when we called tonight and told that she was there by herself after asking to speak with a manager is bull! There's no way you are the only person in the building left.

I've worked in customer service and the sups are the last to leave at the end of the business day! Bank with them at your own risk. They will continue to rack up fees and treat you as if you are the criminal who's trying to scam them! Why would you go through so much trouble to put yourself liable if you were the culprit?! Makes absolutely no sense. And when asked for an explanation, we're told that oh well it passed their tests, and a card was actually handed to the merchant. We don't contact the merchant or the police, you can do that yourself?! TF you mean?! At least feed me first if you're gonna continue to screw me over!! Regions, you've lost a loyal customer out of this, and you should be ashamed of your practices when it comes down to customer satisfaction!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

On 5-25-18, I opened a checking account with the promise of a $200 bonus. I later opened a savings account and was promised a $100 bonus if I made regular transfers for six months. On August 10, 2018, I received a form letter from A. Flowers with Regions Bank: "We are unable to verify certain information" and requesting a copy of a Lease Agreement, Mortgage Statement, or current utility bill. I am currently living in a sober living home, so have none of these. Does this mean Regions no longer wants my business? Please explain why you would threaten to close my accounts if I don't provide documents I do not have. I think the answer is simple: Regions is trying to avoid paying me the $200 promo they promised me when I signed up - for shame REGIONS!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Regions is extremely dishonest. They have manipulated my account so that overdraft charge go multiple. They have refused to investigate fraudulent charges to my account. They transfer you and keep you on hold hoping you'll just go away. I've waited as long as 40 minutes only to have the customer service representative hang up seconds after answering. You might as well give your money to a Mexican drug cartel. Yesterday I took Lyft out of town for a final job interview and to sign a new lease. Regions suspected "activity" and froze my credit card. So, when the 2 gentlemen I did business with walked me to my Lyft ride the driver was livid and cursing at me because the charge would not go through. I was humiliated. My landlord and new employer gave me looks! The driver called the police and I sat in the back of a patrol car. I have never even gotten a speeding ticket! One of the most embarrassing of my life experiences.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

This bank will do everything they can do to allow your account to overdraft so that they can collect fees. They even had an agent call me pretending to be protecting the security of my card (I had moved and was using the card in another part of the country) when in reality they were changing the settings on my account to allow it to be overdrafted. I had made it very clear to them that I wanted no overdraft to be possible. I will be closing the account as soon as possible and would not recommend this bank to anyone.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I set up my account maybe 4-5 years ago when I got my first full time summer job. I only chose this bank because they had one in my home state and also where I went to college. The first couple years it was nice banking with them and there was no hassle because I didn't do anything with them (i.e. bill pay, ATM withdrawals, transfers etc).

As I grew older and had more bills to pay like credit cards and rent and transfers between accounts, that's when I realized that banking with Regions was a mistake. I work a normal M-F 8-5 job sometimes I work 9-6 Central time which means that anytime there's something wrong I will need to call in the day on my lunch hour. While I normally wouldn't mind doing this on my lunch break, the fact that it takes over an hour to get in touch with someone is ridiculous and when you finally do every associate you speak with has a huge attitude and a chip on their shoulder. Banking companies should have 24 hour assistance.

Also, anytime I check my account it says I have a certain amount and then the next day or two days later I have significantly less. The fact that it takes so long for things to process on their end is ridiculous. Dealing with Regions over the phone is just plain ridiculous to sit there and explain what is happening to your account and Regions saying, "Sorry. There's nothing we can do," over and over again on top of having an attitude is so disrespectful. Has Regions ever heard of "The customers come first." Without customers they would literally have no business.

I am only staying with them because of the amount of locations across the US whereas most banks in my area, are only in this area and nowhere else. The OD fees ($36 per item) are ridiculous, the time it takes to process is ridiculous, their customer service is ridiculous. I can't name one thing that truly has stood out to me. If you want a tip, anytime you go out to a restaurant make sure to pull out cash and pay that way. Their ATM withdrawals will process same business day if you go to the ATM before 8 and next business day after 8. Also if they have ever refunded you for the erroneous OD charges you accrue due to thinking you had more in your account, they will never do it again no matter how nice you are to them. They only do it once. Doesn't matter how many years ago it happened. Thank you Regions for really making your customers feel awful and having a bad experience.

I just want to add one last experience. I have two checking accounts so I can transfer between and pay bills if I am not using bill pay. One of my checking accounts had $0 in it for about 2.5 weeks. I had called Regions a week and a half earlier explaining that I would be receiving a deposit and if there would be any issues. They said, "No everything would be fine". I got paid on a Thursday in my main checking account and I transferred all my money into the $0 checking account that night before bed around 11:00 PM and didn't think anything of it. I had cash on me so I didn't use my debit card Friday either. On Saturday I try to go shopping and my debit card doesn't work. I go to the ATM to try to pull money out and I can't. It's around 1:30 at this time and I needed to speak to someone fast because Regions closes at 2:00 PM on Saturdays.

I call Regions and it takes 25 minutes to get an associate and she tells me I my account is in soft close because I hadn't had a deposit in 2.5 weeks. NOBODY told me this when I called a week prior to let them know. So I tell her that is unacceptable because I only had 10 dollars left in cash and it was a holiday weekend so we wouldn't have any way of accessing my account for three days. She says she can't do anything further to get my account out of soft close. I yelled at her and told her what would you do if you only had 10 dollars and two mouths to feed and you had to wait 3 days. She said, "Well I'd never get myself in that situation."

I told her transfer me to your manager. She asked why and I said, "Because clearly you can't help me." She tells me she will IM an associate to further assist me and if she can she will transfer me. She says the associate told her to transfer. (Don't forget Regions closes at 2 and it's already 2:10 at this point.) She says, "Please hold while I transfer you." A Regions recording comes up and thanks me for calling but no associates are available because they are closed. I call back the normal line and the same recording comes up.

I am panicking in the car and I search on my phone "Regions after hours" and apparently the number listed is for Regions credit card holders but the nice woman who answered allowed me to explain my situation and she tells me to hold on while she gets me over to a Regions associate who handles mobile banking and debit cards. Someone finally answered (HALLELUJAH) after 15 minutes and she was so nice. I was in tears at this time and she was able to assist me. She told me to hold on while she messages someone from the tech team who may be able to fix my account being in soft close. It was successful and I was able to use my debit card where I could use my pin.

I spoke to her manager and gave her a Kudos because it only took her 10 minutes to fix my problem whereas the other associate just wanted to transfer me to so she could go home for the day. That experience is why Regions is awful at customer service and they need to be retrained. I work in customer service and that was just unacceptable. When I sent a secured message from my account to Regions regarding the experience, they again replied as if it was my fault. That is not how you treat customers.

Original review: July 13, 2018

VERY disappointed in Regions Bank. I closed my checking account due to relocating. And when the account was closed my FREE online banking was closed. I receive my paperless statements online. I need 3 months' previous bank statements. Now since I have closed my account I have been booted offline. I was going to view and print my last 3 statements online as I have done numerous times for FREE. So I called CS, she said I would have to pay $5 per statement??? This is crazy. I was an excellent customer for years with Regions. Since online banking was shut down, they want to charge me $15 for 3 statements.

If I did not choose free online banking WITHOUT paperless statements, they wouldn't charge me $5 a month to send me my statement by USPS mail monthly. Regions really doesn't care about people, only their customers. That is horrible CS. If you are not their customer any longer, Regions will kick you to the curb. Very unacceptable way to conduct a business/customer relationship. Regions has lost my total respect. It's not about the $15. It's about the principle and morals how a business such as Regions treat their customers and former customers.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I am currently switching from Chase Bank to Regions because Chase does not have any locations in or around Nashville. Regions makes creating a checking account appear simple, claiming everything can be done online quickly and easily. However, about a week after opening my online Regions account, I received a sketchy e-mail (I thought it was a virus) telling me to call to verify "pertinent" information on my account. I called during work and, after bouncing around different customer service lines and going through their laborious automated menu, was finally transferred to a local branch for "verification." The branch is requiring me to bring a paper copy of my lease to its location. I, like most Americans, work Monday through Friday during the hours they're open. I have never seen or experienced a bank requiring a copy of a lease agreement. Is this 2018 or 1985?

Original review: June 27, 2018

I've had an account with Regions for about 3 or 4 years, and have had an issue over the years with the way the balance is prone to change from one minute to the next unexpectedly. Example: The other day, I checked my account online first thing in the morning and saw I had a certain amount ($9.85 to be exact), then went to a doctor's appointment, then to the grocery store, and when I scanned my card, it said insufficient funds. So I called the bank and was told that some charges went through, and I had a negative 15 cent balance. I explained that couldn't be possible, because I checked my account before I left the house, and I haven't made any transactions in over a week.

I was told that the charge of $10 for checks I had ordered went through that day, even though I had ordered the checks on the first of the month (the lady then told me that they charge when the checks are sent out/when they arrive, to which I informed her I ordered them on the first of the month, and I received them over a week ago, and I had already been charged for them).

I learned early on with this bank to make sure to check the account several times a day and write down the amount every time because of issues like this happening in the past, and have kept up with every transaction made, so I don't understand why the charge went through again. Long story short, I hate this bank with a passion! I want to close the account, but since I just ordered checks, I realize that would be money wasted, ugh, so I guess I'll stick with them until I use all the checks. But I HEAVILY advise everyone else to STAY AWAY from them!

Original review: June 25, 2018

A couple of weeks ago PayPal and eBay got into my account, bank statement shows they made several attempts. I believe that Regions keeps running these through to just get more in OD fees. I went to the bank last week and they did waive 180.00 in OD fees and I locked my account down and I just checked and they have attempted to run another ATT through and I was told at ATT that they had not run that through. I'm on SS and they have me in OD. Help.

Original review: June 18, 2018

So, I've been with Regions since I was a gullible 17 year-old my. I'm much older now and have grown tired of their incompetence. My work checks have gone missing recently at my new job. Direct Deposit hasn't been working for 3 months. I called my works HR department to have them confirm to me that the payments have been completed, but yet my money is nowhere to be seen in the accounts. I walk into the bank on my lunch break to see what's going on with my money on the first of the month on Friday after not getting anyone to pick up the phone for 20 minutes. THEY HAVE ONE TELLER AND ONE ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (employees that specialize in signing up people for new accounts) AND A LINE TO THE DOOR. I will repeat this again. On a Friday and it's the first of the month, they had two people in there and security guard. You've got be kidding me. Any normal bank would be fully staffed on this day. NOT REGIONS!!

I quickly realized that I'd be there for my entire lunch break and just walked back out. After finally getting on the phone with them, Regions directs me back to my works HR department saying it's their fault. Then again I confirm with HR that my numbers are correct and that it has definitely been completed. After getting back to regions they tell me they will look into it further and put me on hold after asking me how much the check was for. They said that they couldn't do anything and that they can't find my money. EXCUSE ME?! I'm currently under the impression that they are mis-depositing my money into someone's account and are too incompetent to double triple check that they are indeed putting the money into the correct account.

After my work gets my money to me on a pay card again I'm closing this account and going somewhere else. I have bills to pay and food that I need to buy to sustain my life force. This is not a game. It feels like they don't care about my money or me anymore. I'm pleading with anyone that reads this. DO NOT BANK WITH REGIONS.

Original review: June 7, 2018

My reasoning for the review is I’m finally fed up with this bank. I should’ve left almost 10 years ago but I was convinced by the bank manager to stay which quite frankly was the worse mistake I could’ve done. The hidden fees left and right the ridiculous overdraft fees they cover ten dollars but because it was 3 individual charges I would lose over 100 bucks overdraft fees. After trying to deposit money and the atm ate it I’m done with this horrible branch. My friends left them. It’s about time I learned to do the same and walk away.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I went to get into my lock box at Regions. They said I didnt have one in my name in the computer. I flipped out as I have the key. I threatened to get an attorney. They called me. Said they found it. My husband passed Nov 3 2017. He had a lock box. He told me there was 30,000 in it. It went to me in the will. I opened it. Guess what? It was empty.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I hate Hate HATE this bank. For years I had banked with my local credit union, but when I went off to college I decided to get a more universal bank account. I definitely chose the wrong bank to give my business to. I have had several problems in the past with their processing causing problems with my account and costing me a lot of extra money that I needed. However, this time is the LAST STRAW.

My boyfriend is hooked to my account, and he is able to transfer money out if needed. One day he transferred it, however unbeknownst to me it had not processed yet through Regions and my available balance did not reflect that amount had been taken out, therefore causing me to overspend accidentally. The transaction did not process until THE NEXT WEEK, by which time I had already made a fair amount of transactions. However, now my account is in the negative along with the huge overdraft fee. Ok fine. However I also have certain services on auto draft, which caused me a DOUBLE OVERDRAFT. I will NOT be paying both fees, and after everything is settled, I WILL be changing banks FIRST THING tomorrow morning.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I have heard "I am sorry, there is nothing I can do" at least 10 times today. When I ask to speak to someone who can help me, it's "everyone is in a meeting." I will be looking for another bank that will at least try to fix their mistake!!

Original review: May 26, 2018

I have been banking with Regions for over 15 years and they are a good service bank. My experience when I was hacked was not pleasant as they canceled my card on a vacation trip w/o my knowledge and left me with no money access. Luckily, I had enough to get home and they apologized but recommended I have a backup card and I do with another financial institution. I have no complaints and am not considering moving to another bank in the future.

Original review: May 22, 2018

What Regions Bank is doing is in violation of the Unfair and Deceptive Act. They placed a hold (Funds Availability Act violation) on my cash deposit over 10 days when I opened an account. Cash is supposed to be immediately available. I called and they had no reason or reasonable excused to hold it. I made a mobile deposit on May 15, 2018 from the same bank they knew I worked at and the same bank they received the cash advance from using my debit card and placed a hold on my funds with no knowledge still today (8 days and counting and costing me interest on my LOC).

I called 1 day later and they could not tell me when the hold is going to be release or why an extended hold was placed. It's now 8 days and my money is on hold. I only placed it into the account to pay off my line of credit. They the seen the exact amount and now every day they hold it my line of credit is unpaid causing me a negative impact which is accrual fees that I will be charged to my LOC. I can't close my account while pending. They received my funds the same day they placed a hold. I recently filed a federal reserve complaint and awaiting the response. Please I have been with my first bank and still continue for 14 years. SunTrust Bank has been great to me. I know you might have your opinions but this is facts! Truth! I hate that I got a LOC with Regions.

I will payoff and close even though my credit score will take a hit. I can afford it for the time. I have built a strong credit history so even with the hit I will still be over 700. The price of losing a great customer is beyond me for Banks like Regions. I will say to anyone having been in banking and recently left the field RUN FOR YOUR LIFE FROM REGIONS BANKS!!! I have great clients who left and came over to my bank. Not everyone follows the rules and those that fail to, should be demolished, shut down and forgotten!!! BTW rating is O stars...

Original review: May 17, 2018

Regions insisted on marking our account "dormant" although quarterly electronic payments were being made to it. Customer service was unable to give explanation and promised a call-back from an appropriate VP but VP never called.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Unfortunately I can’t leave a review on your page, so I’ll have to like this. If I could give you guys a star rating it would be zero stars. My purse was stolen in February and I went up to Regions and asked them to close my account, they didn’t. So then someone was able to completely empty my account with Just an out of state ID. No account number, social, or even signature. Regions then assured me my savings account and the other accounts linked to mine were 100% safe Which was not true. My savings was then completely emptied.

I then made the choice to switch banks. I talked to a different banker, who did not know about all of this. I was able to take all of my money out with just my ID. No account number, social, or even a signature!! Even though I had a red flag on my account for fraud. THEN Regions sent my account to collections instead of closing it... what?! So now all of the accounts that were linked to mine have been affected. Thanks Regions! You sure know how to keep my money safe! Friends please share this so that this doesn’t happened to anyone else. #regionsbank #dontbankwithregions

Original review: May 11, 2018

Convenient location, good customer service and lots of services available. Tellers are very friendly, call you by name and show a definite concern to fulfill my needs.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I've been with Regions for about 5 years now, and this is the ABSOLUTE last straw. From the way they seem to "hide" pending transactions to make you overspend and then suddenly they ALL post and run you into the negative to this last situation. I cannot BELIEVE how easy it is for them to cover the tracks of THIEVES. My account was hacked and there were two unauthorized charges made on my account. I check my account every day and I caught these two transactions the day they were made, literally HOURS BEFORE.

I called them immediately. I was then told that because they were still pending, I couldn't dispute them yet. That just wasn't a good enough answer for me, so I contacted both companies and question myself leaving messages and emails. The next morning, I called Regions again to dispute one of the transactions that had posted. Then when I requested to have it expedited, because this was my rent money I needed back, she told me since my account wasn't overdrawn, she couldn't expedite it. I was FURIOUS!!! Eventually the agent advised for me to process the payment and she would have it force paid. And I did. She's pretty much the ONLY agent that was willing to help, and I hope she finds something better than a job that covers for CRIMINALS.

The NEXT morning, I called AGAIN to confirm that my rent was being force paid, which it was. The other transaction was STILL pending so I STILL couldn't dispute it. The NEXT morning I called, spoke with another agent who so-called put in an expedited dispute, then told me that the first dispute had been denied because they felt "I didn't respond quick enough since I called them at 6 pm"... she literally said that they assumed since they saw I logged in earlier that day, I should've seen the transactions earlier. I said, "Ma'am, my account was HACKED. I have my debit card right in front of me which means they probably got into my account! Logging in at 6 pm was the first time I had logged in all day and when I saw it, I immediately contacted you, isn't that your policy!?"

And fortunately that same day, one company ended up complying and was kind enough to provide me all the information that was used to process that order which included the blatantly random shipping address in a totally different state! And I told this to the agent to which she advised to have me forward to their department which I DID.

I called later that same day asking if they would at the very least give me a temporary credit to get my account current while they "so-called investigated" my case to which I was blatantly told no. THIS particular agent said that order to bring my account current, she would have to put in ** amount of dollars. A duh, that's how much was STOLEN FROM ME. Then she told me she has no authority to do so, and the ones who do "don't speak to the public". -_____-" What?

And it gets even MORE absurd. I called them tonight, not too long ago, spoke with a Quinton in the credit card department who completely understood me and reasoned that their policy should be to allow me a temporary credit while they investigated. But unfortunately, very kind Quinton had to transfer me to a very rude Daniel in the debit card department who flat out told me (verbatim), "Just because you file a claim doesn't mean you get your money back". I said, "Do you even hear yourself covering for THIEVES!? Do you HEAR YOURSELF making it easy for evildoers to do even more EVIL!?" He told me that my second dispute had ALSO been denied because they never received my email. Apparently, it got quarantined, is how he put it.

My account is overdrawn about $1,200 and I will not pay a single cent of it. I'm going to find a different bank and if this issue with Regions holds me up, I WILL SUE. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PLACE FOR THE STRESS THEY'VE PUT ME THROUGH. I have all my documentations, police reports, and at least one of the companies in question on my side. Truth will prevail, so I advise Regions to let me go in peace before I TRULY light a fire under them. This is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE and I advise anyone to NOT bank with them. I thought they were a great bank too, but until you REALLY have an emergency, you will QUICKLY find out how little they care about you. RUN PEOPLE. RUN!!!

Original review: April 30, 2018

I've never left a review for anything in my life but I feel not leaving a review about how terrible Regions is would be a public disservice. I have had Regions for almost 4 years and, while there were isolated instances, the service had been okay. In 2018, I have had to file five complaints. Regions deposited a $3500 refund from my college into the wrong account, couldn't find where they put it for the 3-4 business days, and took no responsibility in any of it.

In addition, Regions has mis-deposited 2 of my work checks, given me the wrong routing number for my direct deposits, cc'ed me on emails that should only be rotated internally within employees, and currently mailed my replacement debit card to the wrong location. My card is now expired and I don't have access to any money at all until they're able to "locate my card" and send me another one, which should take 5-10 business days. Completely unacceptable. I've never experienced service this bad, it's almost comical. I would feel safer putting my money in a mattress than to ever let Regions look after a penny of my money.

Original review: April 19, 2018

To start, I want to be clear that I usually don't complain about customer service. I've worked in the food industry in the past and have seen the worst of the worst, and I have a great deal of inherent respect for everyone I come across and treat them accordingly. I'm friendly and courteous with the establishments that provide me a service, but after so many times of being given the runaround I feel others should know. I've been banking with Regions since I opened my own checking account as a freshman in college. I've always stuck with it just because it's a hassle to move everything to a new account, but at this point, I'm willing to go through the hassle because that will be less of one than dealing with Regions customer service one more time. The account features are good- mobile banking is functional but not the best, but you can deposit checks from your phone or a SmartDeposit ATM.

For immediate availability of checks deposited from your phone, there's a minimum of $5, but the last deposit I made ($250) cost $10. Overnight processing is $3, but it's usually 2 business days before that option is available. Standard availability is $0 but you might as well just take it to a location or get it cashed, as it takes 2-5 days to process. The SmartDeposit ATM is a great feature for depositing cash since those funds are available immediately as long as they're made before 8pm. Online banking is good too, but again, not the best.

The reason I'm so tired of banking here is because the customer service is extremely subpar. Unless you get the personal number of someone at your local branch, you have to call the 1-800 number known as the "Greenline," and I've never had a phone call on this hotline that lasted less than half an hour for even minimal things. If you need help with anything of this nature, be prepared to block out an hour or so of your day. The last straw for me happened this week when one of my subscriptions didn't update correctly (I had previously chosen the $100/year Microsoft Office package, but was unsure that I'd need it for another year, so I switched to $9.99/month). Microsoft didn't update the subscription properly and charged the $100. I spoke with them and within 5 minutes, they issued a refund and updated my preferences (Microsoft has great customer service!).

I made Regions aware of the situation the same day, and after almost a full 24 hours after sending a message through their "message center" online, was told in a very roundabout way that there would be a $36 NSF fee charged regardless of a refund since the transaction overdrew my account. I was then told that if I wanted the fee refunded, I would be welcome to go through the fee refund process, which will inevitably take an hour or two initially and then 1-2 business days to process, and will not be worth the $36 Regions will be gaining off of me from the mistake of someone else. Save yourself the time and bank elsewhere if you can.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I have a checking and savings account with Regions but this is about my Savings account. Now when I got my savings I was told that my savings would not be charged any fees which that's cool but my checking would be charged 5 dollars per month because the type of account it was. That's ok. That's what I agreed to. So will someone tell me why my savings was hit for $45.00 for an excessive withdraw/ item fee. What is that. My savings is for back up just in case of an emergency or something important pops up. Well my utility bill was due and thanks to Regions I don't know how to get my lights to stay on. I feel like I was stoled from and the only reason my accounts are open is because I have one more deposit coming into it this week. After that I am shutting my checking and savings account down. I even tried to call customer service but the wait time is ridiculous. I am done with Regions. I cannot bank with a bank that I cannot trust.

Original review: March 30, 2018

We came to make a deposit and had to use the restroom and they said they do not have one. What kind of business does not have a restroom for the public. So you can take money but can not supply appropriate service. Don’t do business with them unless you want to perpetuate inhumanity. Shame on Regions Bank. Below par in everything including conduct.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Regions Bank has the worst customer service ever! Every time I have a problem it's at least a 20 minute wait. I travel overseas and recently I tried to use an atm machine. It would not issue the money even though I had money in my account. I tried four times and then found another machine hours later. Of course Regions charged me $5.00 every time I tried. $20.00 for nothing. I had my sister call and after waiting 20 minutes they said they would not return the money because she had no authority. No authority to tell them to put the money back in my account??? Then I got online and wrote them 3 emails and they refused to refund my money. I spent $20 and they would not credit me back even though the atm transaction was not completed. That's fraud!!! Taking money yet not doing the service.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I had 4 accounts with Regions Bank, for several years without my knowledge or authorization Regions withdrew funds from my accounts without any notification, when I learned about the fraud and crime it took me years to collect my money from Regions, now Regions closed 3 of my accounts without notification even though 2 were business accounts without any notification, it caused me to lose thousands of dollars in business transactions along with months of term oil, even today I have not been able to completely recover as well as Regions continued to accept electronic funds into my closed accounts and did not return my money, the LOC acct regions continued to withdraw funds from the account without notification or authorization. Regions stopped providing me with balance due and monthly amounts due.

Regions bank continue to steal funds from the account claiming bogus insurance policies even though all my insurance was and continued to be up to date. The Federal government should shut Regions Bank down due to their illegal activities over and over again and hold this bank accountable for their illegal activities. When I contacted Regions directly via email they never responded now even months later. Police department had to be involved which I was informed that the FBI was also contacted due to the severity of Regions fraudulent and illegal activities. Regions Bank I learned has been involved in scam insurance practices for years along with numerous other illegal activities they have been prosecuted in federal court.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I had my online account locked on the 29th of January, I went into my branch and sat for 2 hours while they made inquiries, sent me home, said they would contact me by the end of the day. 2 days later I went back in for them not offering any help. I left the country on the next Saturday so told them I needed it sorted by then, guaranteed me it would be. Then the day after I leave the country they email and tell me my account will be closed. It is now March 19th and I've called several branches, emailed several people and no one will tell me where my $4000+ money is or if my account will actually be closed or anything. I'm now in debt due to no money. And no branch will help me in any way.

Regions Bank Company Information