2.4/5 (1149 ratings)

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

About Regions Bank

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

Regions Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

I wanted to use the external transfer service from Regions Bank checking account to another bank's checking. When I asked beforehand, I was informed that there would be no fee for the outbound EXTERNAL transfer and was said to feel free to do it without worries. However, I was charged $3 as the outbound service fee. After seeing this, I contacted 3-4 agents by phone, and all of them said the $3 fee was charged by another bank, not Regions. Now, it turned out that Regions bank actually DID charge $3 for the outbound external transfer. A Regions banker says that they are sorry but that there's nothing they can do about this.

I am not happy, because I did the external transfer only based on the Region's bank agent's misinformation. Also, I am surprised that 3-4 agents by phone all said there is NO fee for the outbound EXTERNAL transfer from the Regions bank account. This morning was the first time that the agent said there IS a $3 outbound external transfer fee. However, they wouldn't refund this fee.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I was amazed when leaving Regions Bank. I had been a business, and now only, personal account holder with Regions Bank for many years. My activity with them due to medical reasons had been dormant for quite some time. Finally after improvement I visited a local branch for the first time in years. Today, in light of changing times, digital access, reduced interactions, and effective communication, I was left in amazement with how I was made to feel once my banking business had been completed. I can assure you Regions Bank still values their customers with dignity and respect at a level not often found, today.

When one can walk into an banking establishment today, feeling better when they walk out than they did walking in, that bank, is doing all things right. I can't remember the last time I was made to feel that way. No act, no phony salesmanship, only sincere, professional service. Professional service with the genuine feeling of being appreciated as a customer.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Every branch appreciates your business, regardless of your financial situation. They're friendly, and are loyal to honorable Veterans or proven customers. I'm disabled, and they afforded me a better life when I was down and out. Prove to them, and they will prove to you, their loyalty. I love these folk. They got your back. Much love.

Sincerely,

Mark S.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

On 9/22/21, I sat in front of Steve **, Regions Bank branch manager, Republic MO, for one hour to open business account in name of Lamarch Capital Holdings, Inc., handed him $100 and today I learned account is not open!!! Where is my money? I want my account open!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Regions doesn’t do anything well, my branch keeps the phone off the hook and say it’s had problems for a week, when actually it has not been answered for months. 941 238 6100 try it yourself. You will always get the same answer to your problem “we can’t help you” “sorry we know how you feel” 800 253 2265 will answer some time. Always 30 min wait at best. Very poor bank. l have automatic payments set up only reason I put up with poor service. They were a solid bank when it was AM South but keep going down. I don’t think Regions can get any worst than they are. But I am sure they will keep trying.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Submitted application in May. It's soon September 2021. I still have not closed on Refinance. Guess Mortgage dept is putting me off for Purchase home because the commission is higher. Wow this experience is the worst I've seen yet. Some of my former colleagues used another Mortgage company and was able to refinance in 45 days. I'm pushing 120 days. Always let me check with coordinator blah, blah..Just a little frustrated!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I have had a terrible experience trying to receive customer service assistance today regarding my Regions visa account. I have been passed to 4 different people to fix a problem with my online account. After signing on, I can't see my prior transactions or make a payment. After being transferred 4 times over 1 1/2 hours of waiting time and explaining my problem at least twice to each individual, I was hung up on. I am so fed up with this bank that I am fixing to close my account out. They have kept me waiting over an hour and a half today and still no assistance. If I could give their customer assistance a 0 out of 5 stars I would, but since I have to give them a 1 star in order to send this message I am going to complain about it.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

This is the HARDEST bank to get in touch with. I went to a Regions ATM machine to make a deposit and the machine took my money. The bank was closed so I tried to call the customer service and no one responded for days! No one picks up the phone. Not to mention, they deactivated my card due to me disputing a transaction and it took almost a month for my new card to get delivered.

Original review: July 27, 2021

I don't know how this bank stays in business. There are NO local phone numbers and the phone numbers they do give out are so automated that it takes 10 minutes to MAYBE finally get to a real person who then tells you that your problem can be solved online or at your local branch, blah, blah, blah and you are NO better off than when you started! I would NEVER trust anything of mine to this runaround company. Good luck ever being dealt with upfront and honestly! I am extremely disappointed in this so called bank!

Original review: July 14, 2021

I am a long time customer (credit card, private bank customer, HELOC and checking account, who applied for a HELOC with Regions. My credit rating is 827 (per Regions). Application process started in March until I finally was exhausted and gave up in June. I would be requested for my information, submit then would repeatly be asked for some new item, submit that info then a week later a new request would be sent. There has to be a list of information that is required at the start. I went to the local office in April to complete application process only to be stalled for another 2 months. It was like they did not want to make any loans. Poorest customer service I have ever experienced by any lending institution

Original review: May 14, 2021

HSL, the owner of a small business, is a victim of Regions Bank. Last year she was contacted over the phone by a representative of Ascentium Capital, a subsidiary of Regions Bank. They advertised financing for a POS system called Clover. It was seemingly a great deal, they stated that there wasn’t a contract and stressed the quality of their customer service. When she started the service, the price was significantly more than what was said over the phone, and it grew monthly. She tried calling the number she was given and had trouble getting a response, when she did, they would dodge her questions and kept talking to fill the space. The problem of being overcharged stayed the same no matter the number of times she called. She wanted to cancel the service as it had become too expensive for her to continue.

When she called Ascentium, they told her to call a different department, she called and they said that she was in a two-year contract and if she wanted to cancel she needed to pay over $7,000. She told them that she had agreed to the original price with no contract, not what was being said. She name-dropped the salesperson who had originally advertised the package to her and Ascentium said they no longer worked for them.

They then revealed that the POS company Clover was unconnected to their company, though they had previously implied that they were one company. They told her that if she did not pay the fee they would add her business to a debtors list to be contacted by debt collectors and that they would drop her personal credit score, saying that that would be very difficult for her. She refused to pay the fee, knowing that this was wrong, and her credit score was ruined, making her unable to get a new house as she hoped to do that year.

Original review: May 7, 2021

I am currently working out of state due to Covid 19 as nurse that was relocated for 6 months. I need a replacement debit card for my checking account because the chip was broken. I ordered a new one and they froze my account and reported me as fraud because while I was away the name of my street changed and for a moment I blanked on my new street address. After 3 hours on the phone they agreed to send me a new card. They gave me the Visa 911 card replacement service. After an hour on the phone with Visa, Regions Bank was sent an approval to provide a new out of state card. Regions denied it. I had to spend another 2 hours on the phone with regions again.

Needless to say it's been 4 weeks I have no card, had to get a new back, new direct deposit to access my money and pay my bills. I am currently trying to close out my account but the last three times I have been given an excuse and they are telling me I need to come in to a bank (22 hour drive). Meanwhile regions bank is overdrafting my account even tho I turned off over draft on my account.

Original review: April 30, 2021

My father died in January 2021. I am trying to take care of final expenses and affairs. I received a post card from Regions stating IMPORTANT NOTICE INSIDE. Inside had printed NOTICE OF CHANGE 04/13/21. I call Regions Customer Protection Center. The representative stated he could not help me so he transferred me to 800 S Shackleford Rd, Little Rock, AR 72211 and provided a phone number of 501-371-6400 just in case the call got disconnected. The phone rang until the call was disconnected. I immediately called the number directly and received the same result, no answer.

On April 30, 2021, I made two online appointment. Confirmation #** for a 1:45 PM on 04/30/21. No one called me. I made a second online appointment. Confirmation #**. No one called me for this appointment. I called the 1-800-REGIONS (734-4667) number. Was on hold for about 15 minutes. When a representative got on the line, I explained the situation. She told to go to a local branch. I live in a state that does not have a "local branch" which is why I was attempting to take care of this situation by phone. Oh I forgot I did go into a branch on 03/17/21 to try to take care of my deceased father's affairs. The representative took a copy of the Death Certificate to upload to his file then said there is nothing else that can be done. Dealing with Regions has been extremely difficult and emotional. I pray whoever banks with Regions will have a better experience because my experience has been horrific.

Original review: March 29, 2021

My card was compromised and I had to replace my card. Since then the fraud department has locked both my daughter and husband's debit cards without cause no fraud just locked them without warning!! Absolutely no access to money on their debit cards. I have called to have the block removed and no one will ever pick up. This is the 4th day!! I’m on hold in excess of an hour every call and only a stupid recording. I called customer service, they apologize but say it’s nothing they can do. Do NOT bank here unless you have the patience of God!! After 20 years this is the piss poor service you receive. And calling 1800-REGIONS is of no help in getting anyone to answer.

Original review: March 3, 2021

A customer use to be able to look the telephone number to a specific branch and talk to someone in your local branch. Now it's a number to a call center and "Reggie" is your contact. An automated answer service that attempts to answer your question or assist you. This normally waste about 30 minutes of your time. Now they are closing branches and my local branch is one that is being closed. Had they maintained their original customer service and ways of operating this branch would probably not been affected. Believe it or not there are still some people that like to have that personal, professional interaction especially when it comes to your financial institution. I will be changing where I do business in the very near future. Regions Bank USE TO be amazing! Not anymore. Look at your options closely.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Well I been a customer for 10 years and the only thing I keep with them is a checking account which I will be closing very soon. I had a credit card and a credit line but this bank Customer Service is awful. I got excellent credit score and they dare to deny me. So if they don't value or appreciate my business is time to go somewhere else. Also, the place really doesn't help either, my loan was processed in the "GREAT STATE OF ALABAMA". Thanks for wasting my time. Never again!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I opened an account years ago and because I moved into a house they want to see my lease or they said they will close the account. None of their business. Very unprofessional. They closed my account. I have heard the same stories from other members and I can't be more dissa.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I had my father close my Regions account, and since he managed the account, they couldn’t disclose anything to me so they sent me my money in form of cashiers check for $2,000 cuz he’s been stealing from me. My banking experience with these people was horrible. They don’t do anything but sit on their phones from what I’m seeing. If you do get with someone in person, you will feel like you're talking to a wall or to yourself because they don’t what you're talking about and if they do know what you're talking about, they’re not gonna care anyways.

These clueless idiotic people, not only that but they are rude and they do anything in their power to get you out of their bank so they don’t have to mess with you while they are making money off of fees. If you plan to open a savings or checking account, do yourself a favor and open one up somewhere else, but at Regions. In my opinion, Regions needs to be shut down completely and never open back again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Regions bank froze my account because someone got into my account and deposited a bad check. My bank account is on hold until my local branch manager returns from vacation...which will be after February 3 when my retirement check hits my account. If my account is still frozen on Feb 3rd my bills linked to my retirement will all bounce.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Opened an account 3 days ago online. Went to bank 1 day ago to make in-person deposit of my payroll check. Teller told me payroll check will be available in 1 day, yesterday. Went to get money today teller told me my money won’t be available till Tuesday even though it says on my on-line app it available NOW. Talked with teller, then customer service then teller, everyone of them had a different explanation. I wish I would of read reviews before opening a new account. I only opened it here because of the 62+ free checking. If my funds are not available on Monday I am contacting BBB and whoever else I can scream “don’t do it, run” to. So far worst experience ever.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Where do I begin? Their $400 welcome bonus is a scam. I do welcome bonuses frequently as I have moved a lot and this is the first time I have been scammed. None of their online tools work properly: from opening an account, to asking/emailing a question. Errors come up constantly telling you to call. When you call, just expect lip service and never expect your problem to be resolved. The specific location in Missouri City, TX can't help you with anything. The drive through will show "closed "and you have to walk in (during covid, with your kids) and ask why it's closed. It's always because the teller "forgot" to turn the light on and was too distracted by her phone to notice you there. There are never any customers at that location, so being swamped isn't the problem.

If I ask for 50 cent or dollar coins, they never have them. I have to go to Wells Fargo to get my daughter's tooth fairy money. I could go on and on. The worst is the welcome bonus scam! Don't try it; they have every excuse in the book as to why you don't qualify despite meeting everything required. Most of their excuses come down to their problems with their system not working correctly and it turns into your fault.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I opened an account. Went to the bank and made my opening deposits on a checking and savings account. When I try to use the debit card it says no account found. When I try and call it says the same. I was switching from Wells Fargo but I think I’m closing this account out and going back to????

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

My wife and I applied for a home equity loan. We have stellar credit and our home is paid off. We only wanted about $6k for a pole barn. Our rep. Diane ** said we could borrow up to $200k. No, we don't need that much. Well we settled on $25k. 3 months pass and our phone never rang one time. We called to check the status on occasion and our rep was rarely available. Then after blaming the underwriters for the delay, we received an email to authorize an appraisal. The address on the appraisal was for a previous house we owned over 2 years ago! Still no phone calls from the bank.

Finally, I call cancel the whole thing. A few days later my wife gets an email to authorize email signatures. I call Ms. ** and she acts like I called to order a pizza, clueless, and starts reading notes back to be about things we have already discussed. I told her again...cancel the loan app., then a couple weeks later, I get a voice mail from Ms. ** stating they would only do the loan if I added my car loan to it to help my debt to net ratio. I don't have a car loan. Horrible experience from beginning to end and I'm still not sure if they stopped the loan process like I asked.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

After disputing another charge that had been previously disputed for services not received on a Adobe subscription charge. I went to use my card only to find out the card was killed after the unauthorized dispute was filed today. I went into the branch in Decatur Ga, and was issued a new card. When I tried to use the card the store said the card was counterfeit. The police were called and I was detained until I could prove my Identity. I go back to the branch, 2 people were being helped at the counter so I asked a lady sitting in the first office if a manager was available. She says, "I'm the manager but I'm on vacation. A teller can help you." I said, "I need a manager." She turns back around and ignores my request.

After the male teller finished his transaction he goes over and closes her door. He calls me to the middle of the floor, I explain the what just happened with my new card. Before he gets to his side I place the card my side of the counter reaching for my ID. He says, "DONT THROW ANYTHING at Me." I told him, "I didn't throw anything at you, you weren't even on that side of the window yet." He says, You can go have a seat." I am a retired 50 years old and wont be talked to this way by a worker Bee. He tries to make me wait for another teller. I don't move and he finally processes the withdraw and provides me with the business card for the manager. I just transferred my auto debits to anther bank and will never use Regions again.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I check my account daily, on 12/14/20, there were pending charges of $54 and change, had an available balance of over $170. On 12/15, we get a monthly deposit (every month on the 15th). I check my account on 12/15, they charged me $180 for 5 debits! It's now showing they cleared the day before. Those specific charges were not even pending the day before! I know they came through on the 15th the same day as my deposit. I've talked on the phone and email with them, they refuse to reverse the charges. Not the first time they've done this, however, this is the first bank I've had problems with overdraft fees that should not have been charged to me.

I have also seen they have a class-action lawsuit against them for illegal overdraft fees. I have filled out the form to join that and sent a complaint to the BBB. I will be researching new banks and taking all 3 of our accounts out of here as soon as I can get everything set up and direct deposits switched. This is by far, the absolute WORST bank I've ever encountered. I'll be encouraging my son to switch as well. That's going to be 4 accounts they'll lose! I do NOT recommend this bank!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I would like to say that I have been happy with my service for many years until now! To make a long story short I was the victim of fraud. I received a check that was supposed to be paying me back for money loaned and deposited the check. The Bank placed a hold on the check. Say they didn't think it would cash? I called the sender of the check about it and was told the check was not good because of a bad routing number? I then called the bank and told them the check was bad and could they just stop the transaction. I was told it would just have to be let return and it would work out.

They then reported it as fraud froze and my account! I told them that I am a disabled Veteran and that my Va and Social Security checks are deposited to this account, and that all of my bills are auto Debited from this account. I am the victim here and they closed my account! Then refused to allow me to open another account. And charge me fees on all of this on top of it all.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

Regions Bank sent me an email invitation to open a Money Market account and receive a bonus. I still have the email; I followed its instructions. Now ... after phone transfers and a half hour on hold ... they're telling me they have no record of such an offer. Additional frustrations gave me to understand I wish to do no further business with this bank — and, when I indicated as much, they informed me they are now going to charge $25 to close my account.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I'm helping elderly Dad close acct, customer svc said we're all set couple weeks ago after phone call w/ both of us. Now they want notarized letter. Long hold times, calls dropped, asking him too many questions to verify acct (he has memory issues). He gave SSN, birthdate, phone, had to go find his address, that wasn't enough for them! Ridiculous. Good riddance!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

They make everything look good, but it is all a scam! They make it impossible to actually qualify for any of their advertised special "deals". There is NO customer service at all. Have to drive to a location and sit in drive-thru line for any help. Phone is never answered. Your money will be tied up for weeks and will likely get very little or none of it back after the fees they charge due to your money being tied up by them! It has been a full time job for the last 10 days just trying to get my money back and close the account! Their behavior should be illegal if it isn't!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I wouldn't bank anywhere else. Very friendly and personable tellers and loan officers. Online banking system is very user-friendly and secure. When we have needed a loan, always easy to obtain one. Great bank for consumers. Highly recommend.

Regions Bank Company Information