3.57/5
Based on 2,241 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Quicken Loans

Looking for a mortgage lender?

4641 Quicken Loans Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 4, 2019

It was easy to apply and get approved for my mortgage. I think I got the best rate available which is always a nice thing to have. I liked the fact that I could do the entire application online because I sometimes have a work schedule that would prevent me from doing all of that in a physical branch. They have been easy to work with from the initial application process all the way through to getting the mortgage and buying a home. At first it was difficult to get more personalized service and they were a bit slow to respond. But after I was able to track down the process more closely, I haven't had any problems them since then.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Honestly they were good at first but then I realize I would never ever tell me there's at least 12 ever companies that are way better. The interest rates were way too high. They are rude. They take so much time to finalize things. I hate them and wouldn't recommend them to my dogs.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Quicken Loans seems to be comparable to other mortgage companies. Quickens is faster in giving you information than the bank I dealt with in the past. They are friendly and knowledgeable. They are faster than a lot of banks, banks usually take 90 days or more, Quicken didn't take that long to give me the information on the loan that I needed or wanted. They answered any questions I had within a short time frame, nothing to dislike about them. The one thing I don't like about getting a loan with Quicken or anyone else is all the information they want. So many years of taxes, work experience, investment and such. I know they are loaning a large sum for a house, but it could be easier.

Original review: June 4, 2019

The experience has been beyond great. They helped with everything and made sure we got a great rate. They are super nice and friendly and go beyond and above to get what you need. They was easy to deal with and all the paperwork was made to be easy to understand. The process was pretty simple. We applied. Heard back from them in just a few days. Got the paperwork all rolling out and was approved so now we have a great place to live. We love our home now that we have that mortgage paid off. Would recommend them to anyone who needs a new mortgage loan.

Original review: June 4, 2019

They have a really good standard and great rates that help every new homeowner learn more about what they need.. lots of loan products. I like the loan products availability because they show you a chart with rates that simply work with your down payment and they help you every step of the way. I liked everything that they had to offer. All of their services that they had were really amazing and they were very easy to get to know how to use them. Overall a good service company for your everyday home loans. They walk you through the entire process.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Original review: June 4, 2019

They made it very easy for me to tailor the mortgage to suit my needs. I was approved very quickly. The application process was easy and simple. I enjoyed the fact that I could apply online. I liked that my approval come so quickly. I liked that the application process was clear and straightforward. I liked that Quicken gave me a lot of confidence that they knew what they were doing. The website was easy to navigate. The pages loaded quickly. The information that was requested was always relevant. There was nothing unreasonable about the information that was asked of me. I felt like the secure would do a good job of keeping my data secure.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Quicken Loans is a good company to do business with. They help me with all that I need with my mortgage or anything else I would like. They offer many products if I need them and they offer much assistance with anything that I need. It is a good choice for me to know what I like in a lending institution. I want to know what it is for me. I like it a lot for me to know what I want in a mortgage lending company. I started online with an application and the place I wanted to buy. Then I spoke to a mortgage representative about what I wanted in a mortgage and they helped me get approved with the rate I wanted. However, I wish that they can offer more products in the way of a bank. I would like to see them offer more tools for me to have.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Easy to fill out forms with all needed information and answers to any questions and/or concerns we have. Fast approval and received the need qualification we wanted for the right amount. The mortgage was sent to a different provider which still has been good, easy to deal with, same rates and payment schedule. Accurate results. Ease of making payments. Easy to apply, get qualified and get the actual mortgage. Great customer service agents. Customer service is available when you need it.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Decided to try them for refinance and get rid of the mortgage insurance on my original loan. Got a hold of them we gave all the info they asked for. They called back and insisted that a debt relief loan was the best for me. I said sure that could help. Then they said that I was going to have mortgage insurance again. Kind of defeats the whole purpose. I then said go ahead. I was charged $500.00 for appraisal and roof we went. House was appraised got a call back a snag occurred. We have solar panels on lease to own. A clause in the contract that stated if sold new buyer must have good credit to get the contract. I was told they did not like that clause and that I needed to get it changed. No luck there they said it should not change or prevent us to get refinance. Quicken then called and we were dropped from process. We are out the $500.00 we paid. Not cool. Buyers beware.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I recently made the mistake to search online into a refinance rate with Quicken Loans. I should have known better than to do so as the same thing happened before. Shortly after I inquired ONLINE, my phone began to ring repeatedly. I have not answered because I am either at work or not interested in speaking with someone on the phone at this time. Hence, why I researched online. I did not request a phone call. My phone has rang up to 7 times in one day and someone has called even on Saturday and Sunday. This is extremely poor business practice and can be construed as harassment. Quicken Loans- constantly calling someone is not a professional business practice and does nothing more than annoy and chase away a customer. What a shameful selling tactic!

Original review: June 3, 2019

I contacted Quicken via Rocket Mortgage along with a few other lenders for pre-approval. I should have known from the get-go that it would be a bad experience as it was an act of Congress to get on the phone with the loan specialist handling the pre-approval. After finally getting him on the phone and talking through the details, the rates were better than what I'd been quoted before and so I decided to move forward.

From there I was handed off to a "triple crown" senior purchasing specialist, who was hiding her ineptitude behind a fancy title. Things quickly fell apart. We were approximately a month out from closing when the appraisal was ordered. We received the report toward the end of that week, which was lower than the agreed upon price. The seller decided to dispute. My POC, the purchasing specialist, advised that she had sent the dispute on to the AMC who would send to the appraiser. She then left office for 3 days.

As we were approaching 2 weeks to close, I asked for updates from her backup. This person clearly had no idea what was happening with my loan. After a slew of confused emails, she confirmed that the dispute was sent and that she had RESENT it, just to be safe. Fast forward to the end of the week without any answers, and the real estate agent lets me know that the appraiser has no idea there is a dispute at all.

At this point, I decide to run it up the flagpole myself. I get on the phone with the "senior research team" (which I have dubbed the 'do anything to save your business team'). Sure enough, a couple of hours later, I get a response from that team. Quicken had never passed the dispute on, in fact, it needed to be vetted by their internal team first. Obviously I had no idea that this was the case as I had been falsely assured that the dispute was handed off twice (and never told about any internal review). Since I was shaking trees, the team finally reviewed it and decided it did not warrant being passed along to the AMC. After losing an entire week, the seller agreed to drop the purchase price to the appraised value.

That is done, and I am told there are a couple of outstanding items before we are clear to close. Time passes and although I ask for updates, I get vague responses hours after I submit them advising that I'll be told when we are clear to close. 2 days from closing now. I try to reach out to my POC and receive no response for hours. I reach out to Quicken via chat, and the rep advises that she will "try to put a rush on" the outstanding item - the condo review. I tell her that I am going to escalate it myself and go back to the senior research team I contacted in the first place. I reach out and explain the situation, and the do-anything-to-save-your-business guy tells me that he will have this sorted ASAP. As I wait for his response, I get a message from someone that my POC (sr. purchasing specialist) is out of office that day and she is filling me in on her behalf. I had NO IDEA she would be out of office. 2 days before closing!

Now, the kicker: I get called by the bad-news guy to tell me that there is an issue in the condo review that would break a Fannie/Freddie rule unless I put another 5% (or $13k) down. This is after 5pm on Wednesday, when we are supposed to close on Friday. He tells me that I can have this gifted (I.e., ask some poor, unsuspecting family member for $13 thousand dollars) and then we will TRY to keep your closing date - but Friday is "not a slam dunk." If there was anything in this process that could have precluded Quicken from closing on the agreed upon terms, why on earth would it be the LAST ITEM completed in my loan application? Why would it not be completed BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE?

Thank everything that is holy that my husband and I had the forethought to continue renting our current place through the month of June. Otherwise, we would have been forced to a) liquidate money from retirement, b) ask family for money or both in order to *hopefully* close on the home and not be homeless with a son and pets. After Quicken mishandled our loan application worse than I could have ever imagined, we found a professional, local lender who not only offered more competitive rates but was able to approve the loan with the original terms.

I would warn ANYONE against contacting Rocket Mortgage/Quicken Loans. The home buying process is stressful enough. Understand that you will submit questions or concerns into the ethos and hear nothing for hours. Understand that in the absence of your main POC, the likelihood of speaking to anyone who is remotely familiar with your loan application is nil. Understand that when you are on the ropes because Quicken has fumbled something – you will be told that you can only talk to X because that person is “assigned” to this issue. Do yourself a favor and avoid a lender that will drop the ball less than 2 days before closing and turn your living situation upside down.

Original review: June 3, 2019

A family member of mine recommended I choose Quicken Loans for my mortgages and so far I can see why. They were so friendly and easy to work with. It did not take long before I worked out what I needed from them and I could not be more satisfied. My experience with them has been pretty good as they are cheap and always reliable. Their customer service has gone beyond my expectations and I enjoy their services. They are a very reliable service provider for my mortgages and personal needs. They always have my back and I trust them with their fantastic customer service and protection. I could complain about the price but it is in fact fairly low for what they have given me in terms of all the loans I have.

Original review: June 3, 2019

It was really amazing because this company is really responsible and have a good service customer. It was easy to obtain my mortgage with this company and i fell really comfortable with the result. Also people is really friendly and responsible. Have good offer and its easy to pay the mortgage because have the better fee of the market. The communication sometimes was complicated because a lot of people try to communicate for email and the best way to talk with the employee is for phone because the email is really overcrowded. First It was easy because I use the internet information for apply in the web page. After I called to an assessor and she explained me every step for obtain the mortgage. Every process was a little slow but I felt safe and it was really easy.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I liked how everything could be done online and in mere minutes. They were alright but I transferred my loan over to a real bank which worked out better in the end for me because the rates were less and the bank is in my hometown. All of it could be done online which is a huge time saver and they never gave me any problems but I think it is just better to work with a local bank I already had a relationship with. Nothing beats a face to face when needed.

Original review: June 3, 2019

My experience has been okay. The process of applying is simple and can be done online. If you qualify you receive a phone call outlining the entire process. Then you receive a package in the mail about how they appraise your property. The process is somewhat lengthy but worth it if you are in need of a mortgage. Good customer service, fair loan rates. The loan rates have been consistent, but are a bit expensive in my opinion. Otherwise I can't complain. I would most likely recommend Quicken Loans to others if they qualify. High interest rates means high payments, so watch out when applying.

Original review: June 3, 2019

My experience has been really great. The support is very quick in answering all my question one time and the rates all their terms and at a great rate and their customer support and website are fantastic. What I really liked about my mortgage with Quicken Loans is you can do it online and their website is easy to use. It was very fast. Recommend to every one that I know.

Original review: June 3, 2019

When I went to the branch asking about my loan they helped me very quickly. They sat me down in a office, gave me food and drinks. We have a great discussion on how I can improve my situation. The loan was far more than I expected which I was very grateful for and I received my loan in my account within 24 hrs. I really enjoyed using them. They helped me greatly and I feel that they have great rates to make it affordable to pay back. They offered me a 45000 loan and I paid it back within 2 years and I have excellent credit with them. They are very trustworthy. They gave me a great loan and made me feel like I wasn’t just out here signing papers. I feel they have a great customer service base and they are very reliable. The process they offered were very reliable and good to me. Made me feel at home. No surprise fees. Everything was explained and made me feel great.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Quicken Loans was the first mortgage company I have used. I have never had an issue with them and they are always easy to reach when I have questions. It was very easy to apply online with Rocket Mortgage. The whole process being online makes it fast and easy. The biggest benefit is that it is an online process that is just as good as another local company. I like that they have made financial matters easy for people to understand. Even as a new homeowner I was able to understand the process through them. I like how straightforward the process is. I thought I would want to visit a brick and mortar place, but Quicken has made that unnecessary.

Original review: June 3, 2019

The process was detailed but they tried to make it as user friendly as possible. I had a relatively good experience considering the nature of mortgages which involve a lot of paperwork. They made the paperwork process efficient and explained everything that needed to be done. They made supplying documents easy through their online process. I liked the mostly online process because it allowed me to do things at my own pace without having to go into a branch every few days or hours. The process was well explained and I had a representative that I could contact for questions. But I would have liked to have had a more realistic time frame on the closing process, although I know it can be difficult to estimate.

Original review: June 3, 2019

First they estimate my mortgage and we make comparison online with other residential mortgage lenders. Then if you qualified they give you specific loan requirements at the time of application and results may vary. They have no state restrictions. The taxes and insurance wasn't included. The exact interest will depend on the date you lock your rate.

Experience was a good one. They are very attentive to my needs and ask me how they may help the best they can. They have a good customer service and they offer low rates for the loans. And there's no hidden service charge. They easily consolidate my mortgage. They develop financial projections with the projected income report. And they compare returns to more than 200 benchmarks or create my own custom benchmark. I don't have any issue with Quicken Loans, they have a very transparent way of payments. In fact they have been a great help to me and my home mortgage needs.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Great company. Very friendly, very knowledgeable, know their stuff and customers. The process was fast, quick, simple.He just got my info, asked me questions and about my credit history, checked it out online and validate some stuff and then we worked on a long term mortgage.. very easy and a painless. But I found a company with a better deal and lower interest rate. I asked them if they would match offer and they said they couldn't, "sorry we can't do that sir." So I went with a different company... It's all about saving money money.

Original review: June 3, 2019

It is just a stressful time buying a new house but Quicken did everything they could on their part to make it seamless. The rate quote was easy and quick. Helpful and friendly guy helped me during the initial stages and amount of paperwork to fill out was reasonable. All the information was given to me up front so there were no surprises on the cost or rate when we officially closed.

I locked in a good rate and after that started using the Quicken website to upload documents. The website was easy and someone from Quicken was always calling to see if I needed anything or let me know how the documents I uploaded looked. I really couldn't have planned it any better myself. I also like the website Quicken has to upload all your documents. It told me exactly what I needed to do and what my next steps were. If I wasn't sure about something they were always there to help me. Usually calling me before I had time to call them.

Everything truly went well. They were quick and thorough on getting me a rate quote and the paperwork required was what you would expect. Since then everything has been great. But their 15 year rates weren't quoted as competitive as their 30 year. For most this isn't a big deal but for previous homeowners who don't want to go backwards on their mortgage this is a big deal.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Quicken Loans has a great service. At the process of mortgage I like the starting process. The form were easy to solve. The process of mortgage was very easy and clear to me. I like the rates of Quicken Loans. Additionally I like the customer service of the firm. They helped me much. Their rates are affordable. Overall good experience with them. But the time period of the mortgage process were pretty long. I think it should be shorter. And I hope that they will decrease their rates.

Original review: June 3, 2019

It was positive a very reliable company. They have great rates and they treat you the way you want. Make you feel comfortable. They are very welcoming and they treat their people like family. I will definitely use them again. When you call with a problem they are very quick to help you fix it and they are very polite with you about it. Their workers are the best I have encountered. They are very well mannered. You going or online and put in your application. They process all your info and give you an estimated time it will take to get back to you. They ask your preferred method of contact and they contact you when the application has been accepted or rejected.

Original review: June 3, 2019

My experience has been very good. I am very satisfied with them. They are very respectful and honest and I am glad that I chose them as my mortgage person. I've liked doing business with them. The process was quick and easy.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I used Rocket mortgage from Quicken Loans. I did everything online with their website. Fast and their website has an extremely easy user interface. No one to talk to. Low-interest rates and everything can be handled online. I used them to refinance and received almost $20,000 instantly. I have told several friends and they all have switched and saved money.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Easy to pay. Good online presence. Online servicing goes well. They have a good rate. I like that they let me refinance and it was easy. It was easy to get someone on the phone. We were able to drop our rate easily. They made it easy. Came to us with all the paperwork. The sales people are my biggest complaint. We just refinanced and they call all the time trying to get us to refinance. And they are pushy. Just stop it. Their sales people harass me at least once a month and I ** hate that.

Original review: June 3, 2019

It's just like any other company really. You can do a few preliminary steps, but eventually you just decide your plan and apply. From there Quicken takes care of most of it for you and guides you easily through. It has been rather simple and straightforward. No issues were had making payments or contacting the company. I havent been too worried either which is always a plus. It has always been high quality and exceeded my expectations. I've rarely or never had complaints about them and any issues are always resolved way faster than I would have thought.

Original review: June 3, 2019

It has been a joy to do business with such a good company like Quicken Loans. I like the style and design along with their customer service. I love the way they go about their business model and format. It is excellent with its company and its priorities. Thank you for all you have done in my mortgage. Without them, I wouldn't be able to have my house right now.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Quicken Loans was easy to use. Filling out applications is always a tiresome process. It would be a tiresome process with any company, Quicken Loans is no different than any other mortgage company. But I was approved quickly. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone. They are good. I like using them.

Quicken Loans Company Information