4.2/5 (1722 ratings)

About Quicken Loans

Quicken Loans is a mortgage lender that provides a variety of home loans and refinancing options through Rocket Mortgage, its online mortgage platform. The company is licensed in all 50 states and is one of the largest mortgage lenders in the country.

Pros

• Available nationwide
  • Multiple mortgage options
  • Easy online application

Cons

• No USDA loans
  • No in-person services

Bottom Line

Quicken Loans offers a streamlined online application for home loans and refinancing. Those who want to purchase a home, lower their mortgage payments or get cash out of their home might find its services helpful.

Quicken Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

Ashley was awesome and Rocket Mortgage was great!! It was painless and fast. I cannot say enough good things about my experience. The whole process took less than 30 days to close from calling Ashley to closing. I will be using Rocket again if I ever need to purchase or refinance again!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

My Rocket team went above and beyond from getting me prequalified, to locking in my rate, to expediting inspections so that I could close on my new house in the shortest time. Definitely will be using them in the future for any new purchase or refinance.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

My experience with Rocket Mortgage in refinancing my mortgage was outstanding. Tarick ** was exceptional and very professional. He explained the process clearly. All the staff I dealt with were very helpful. The whole process only took several weeks. I appreciate the great customer service.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

My experience was very smooth, by that I mean that Tiffany was very clear when describing my options and how each of them worked, and it showed me which one was more beneficial to my financial situation. The only thing that I found to be inaccurate was the fact that I would have two months' grace before I started my repayment process, I was looking forward to having that time to get fully ready. However, it was not a deal breaker and I was very pleased with everything else.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

We had absolutely no trouble with the loan process. It was quick and easy. We would recommend Quicken Loans to anyone looking to borrow money. We were shown, in our opinion, the highest courtesy that could be shown. We never once felt we were being pressured into anything we didn't want.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Tyler ** was our banker and was excellent to work with! He understood our numbers and worked timely on everything we needed to get done! The entire team at Rocket Mortgage was a pleasure to work with! Everything was explained thoroughly and if we had any questions, they were answered timely and in detail!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Everyone I worked with was extremely helpful and helpful. Renee was the best to work with. Extremely helpful and very pleasant to work with. She helped me save a ton of money having me get quotes for insurance on house and auto. I was extremely impressed at the prompt service we received. I want to thank the entire team.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Quick and simple. The account representative that helped us out and walked us through it all was very professional and efficient. The process was so easy and quick. Even the local closing attorney was extremely courteous and professional. The paperwork was all filed and received as promised. Yes, I highly recommend your company.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

The staff I worked with were friendly, and easy to work with. I was kept up to date on the steps I needed to have done. Along with how far I was in the process. The person I was given for my closing was nice and very friendly.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Rocket Mortgage was great from beginning to end with my refinance. The process was fast and efficient. 99% was done online which is so convenient. My banker, Matt, stayed in contact but did not over assert himself. I would highly recommend Rocket Mortgage for any of your home purchasing needs.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

The Rocket Home and Mortgage service was excellent! The team that was assigned to me answered all my questions and directed me through the entire process of both selling and purchasing a new home. Clay the financial lead ensured things stayed on track and communicated next steps throughout the entire process. The team was a pleasure to work with.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

Folks were nice, professional, helpful. We were able to get money to pay off bills as part of the refinance, that is why we wanted to refinance. It was a higher Interest rate than we had but we were assured we could lower it later when rates came back down. Our only problem was the "cost" to do this seemed high. We wanted to stay with You, so even though the cost was less elsewhere, we stayed with you.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

My experience with Rocket Loans in 2022 was a lot different than my experience in 2017 and not in a good way. Our loan was held up as the wrong type of inspection was ordered, an inspector was here for 6 hours on a Sunday, she even said she didn't know why they ordered that type of inspection, then we were lied to and told that it wasn't accepted because we didn't let them take pics of our son's bedrooms as he was sick having his wisdom teeth just removed, the person who did the 6 hour inspection told us the truth that Rocket told them they ordered the wrong type inspection and needed a traditional inspection, this had us very angry that we were lied to and it also made our loan take longer than it should have, we almost pulled out and went with another lender, but didn't want to lose even more time. Jennifer was wonderful though, was not her fault.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

This was my fourth experience with a refinance and by far the easiest and quickest process to date. The person who handled my account was very knowledgeable and accessible and answered all my questions. 99% was done remotely. Their portal was very user friendly! My circumstances were challenging, and they went above and beyond to get me to closing. Closing was at my home and took 30 minutes tops! The customer service is exceptional.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

Rocket Mortgage Rocks. The process was effortless and we closed within two months. The Reps we dealt with were on point. Thank you Jessica and Thank you Nick! Yes, we would use Rocket Mortgage, again, if the need arises. We will definitely recommend Rocket Mortgage to friends and family.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

Starting July 2022, Rocket Mortgage request documents in an effort to assist with a past due mortgage that remain after bankruptcy 13 voluntary dismissal. An application was required, which was received and completed. Documents requested were sent multiple times, and the reply continues to be "we did not get them". Fed-Ex was sent more than twice to request the same documents over and over. Several calls were made to Rocket Mortgage with the person from the accounts resolution team confirming the documents were received, but may have been crossed in the mail and it would be noted that the information was received. However, this went on for several weeks with an account resolution team member confirming, "Yes we received and maybe it just cross in the mail but this has been updated."

The last correspondence received from Rocket Mortgage was a closure letter stating that. "Since the information was not received we are closing our efforts and foreclosure will continue." I am filing this complaint regarding the lack of communication that appears to be intentional with the unscrupulous efforts to attempt foreclosure. This is a HELOC loan that was taken out in 2008, and now has a balance of $43000.00 with $3000.00 past due. As of October 20, 2022: Attached correspondence between Quicken representatives participating in the apparently scheme to buy time, so that their attorney move forward with processing needed documents to foreclose.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

It was pretty good overall. I've done several re-fi's in the past with Rocket, but this is the first time I had to provide my own Title Insurance company. Also there was some delay in the closing because my wife is unable to sign documents anymore and I became legal guardian/conservator for her. There was some mis-understandings on Rocket on how to deal with it. But overall I am happy on how it all went.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

As repeat clients, the service we always experience is above and beyond and we feel Rocket Mortgage has a built in WOW factor for total concern for customer resolution. And the professionalism and ease in each process from beginning to the end are impressive beyond words. Thank you for our relationships and years of consistency. You ROCK!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

Customer service is outstanding and I am all satisfied with the service that I received from Rocket Mortgage. For every question that I have rocket mortgage representative is there to explain until I understand what I need to know. It’s also easy to reach out whether by phone or by email response is quick and always enough for my satisfaction. Thank you!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

My experience with Rocket Mortgage was fantastic. I could not believe how easy it was. Brian **, who was my primary lender, was great. Also, the team of individuals who responded to me when I had a question were very efficient and timely. I sought a refinance to pay off high interest credit cards, (which have been cut up-smile) and now I can concentrate on paying off my mortgage and just enjoying my life without much stress. Thanks so much.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Rocket Mortgage offered extremely competitive interest rate and processed all the paperwork efficiently and effectively. All Rocket Mortgage personnel with whom we dealt were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The entire process went through smoothly and in a very timely manner. I would use them again if I needed to obtain another mortgage.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

From the start all the way to the close was a very agreeable experience. The people we were in contact with were very helpful and friendly. Whenever we had a question, they were very quick to respond. The Website is very user friendly, as well.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

This was my first time working with Rocket mortgage and would recommend Rocket mortgage to anyone for any mortgage needs. Very professional, communication was on point every step of the process, friendly and helpful staff. Closing was fast, convenient and efficient. I will definitely be using Rocket Mortgage in the future!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

With my new mortgage refinance I was so thrilled to get away from Mister Cooper and their 10.95% interest. Now working with the wonderful company of Rocket Mortgage. That's really gonna be a big help to me with their 4.99% interest and also I really appreciate the Friendliness of the employees and also they are professionalism, they were top notch and I almost wanted to process to continue simply because it was such a pleasure having them working with me.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Except for the requirement to pay for a $1100 appraisal by a person chosen by Quicken Loans, the mortgage initiation process was fine. About 8 months later, the mortgage account was flipped to Mr. Cooper and the nightmare began. Quicken stopped accepting my automatic payments BEFORE Mr. Cooper was ready to accept payments. I had no idea that my August 1 2022 payment was cancelled. I got a letter from Mr. Cooper dated August 11 2022 and I went to their website immediately and set up autopay. The website was badly designed and I had to manually enter all sorts of information that could have been transferred. I received an evening phone call confirming that everything was okay and the representative could see that I had auto pay.

On Sept 2, Mr. Cooper CANCELLED my autopay because I was behind on my payments! I tried to pay for two months on their website, reentering all the information again. I had set the payment date for September 12 but Mr. Cooper's website changed the date to October 10. Then I got from them about being behind on my payments. There is more but I won't waste your time. Avoid Quicken Loans (Rocket) because they have a horrible process for loan transfer and have chosen horrible partners.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Loan originator Vincent was very competent. Processing was pretty smooth, communication was very good. Checks to pay off other expenses were issued very quickly. No unreasonable requests or conditions were issued. Overall one of the best closings I’ve ever had.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

William ** was our first contact. And he was pretty helpful throughout if we had any questions. Always professional and got right back to us if needed. Never did a mortgage all online like this. It was a bit challenging but we were able to handle it, and it worked for us!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

John ** was great to work with great knowledge of all he was doing. All the others at Rocket Mortgage were awesome too. That includes Amrock to Brandon ** the appraisal person. Everyone was kind and polite and never lost patience with me. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

We are extremely please with Rocket Mortgage especially with Mr. Robert **, NMLS#**. He provided prompt assistance every time we needed it. His knowledge and professionalism were unique and he always went the extra mile to ensure we were satisfied with the information and service that he provided to us. We appreciate his help and we will be recommending Rocket Mortgage to all of our friends and relatives.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

We contacted Rocket because the regional bank we were working with did not offer many options. Rocket had an interest rate/points/down payment combination that suited us. They were able to pre-qualify us quickly, which was very helpful. Rocket personnel were friendly and considerate, though a bit "hard-sell" initially.

Quicken Loans Company Information