3.11/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

4179 Quicken Loans Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Quicken Loans offered a one-stop-shop approach, along with a special $1,250 deal towards closing. I'm 65+, but not retired, and used my life's savings towards a down payment on a condo. Their salesman Tim did not tell me I did not have to escrow homeowners insurance and taxes with them; his co-worker did. When I said I didn't want to, Tim called me up and convinced me; it's part of their "worry-free" approach. That is a laugh. They sent the wrong amount (about $500 too little) to the Tax Collector. Then the QL agent argued with me about Quicken Loans being right and me wrong, that I had to send QL a written statement from the Tax Collector.

Quicken then emptied out my whole escrow account, sending a second check (snail mail?) to the Tax Collector, who claims they still don't have the money. I asked QL to remove my escrow account, per the contract, and their response was they sold my loan to Fannie Mae, and they are not allowed to do so. The QL agent Sashae who has been handling my case, informed me, using the royal "we", that despite what I think of them, she believes they are very professional --- once I made them aware of the problem, they fixed it. There was not supposed to be a problem.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I have a high credit score and sufficient income, as they also confirmed in the beginning of the refi process. It took them 45 days to send me from one department/process to another, different people responsible for that process and so on. It boiled down to providing just two more documents, me paying off the car loan and my credit card. I did them both and send them the documents.

They kept saying we need a document saying you have paid your balance on your credit card. I sent them 3 documents instead of one. Their intelligent underwriter department could not read or understand two simple bank documents saying I paid off, and neither the amount withdrawn from my checking to that CC bank. The last person in charge of the process was a complete idiot who did not know the process, and was constantly out of the office just giving lip service. I only found ONE person who was genuine, and that was Bob ** who really tried to help the situation at times.

Finally I got sick of them after 45 days of run around and went to a local bank. Main Street Bank in Fairfax, VA approved me in 3 days from the time I provided them basic documents and I was at the settlement 10 days later!! QL offers people good teaser rates to get you to sign up with them. They have NO intention of providing you a loan with that rate. This is all part of the show that would gather more applicants, so they can CLAIM that they have the highest number of loans/applicants in the country. Highest number of applicant to fill their quotas??? Save yourself, find a better bank, possibly a local bank or other, and save yourself aggravation of dealing with incompetents and showmen!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I wish that I had read the complaints before I got started. The previous reviews are so accurate... At Quicken Loans, no one knows what the other person is doing. The refinance process was long, complicated, stupid and redundant... I also was asked repeatedly over the course of a week to document that I had paid off $63 on a credit card; btw, I had paid it off and even my credit card company (AMX) could not believe the stupid conversation we were having about that $63. I could not believe the number of phone calls and general confusion from day-to-day regarding the process. And right now... 10 days after closing... The loan has been recorded but no funding has occurred. My previous loan has not been paid off and the $20,000 cash-out has not been sent. Surely there are laws governing their irresponsible behavior!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

If there was a 1/10th of 1 star that's what I would have put down. They are the most useless bunch of idiots I have ever dealt with. Putting 70% down on a house and they want me to prove I paid my $27 Shell bill. Called my insurance company to ask for a copy of my insurance policy on the house I want to buy. Why would I insure a property I don't own? I own 3 other houses free and clear with a 750k value, have another 300k in the bank and 500k in other assets and they want me to show I paid a $27 bill? They have zero common sense, their employees must have 3rd grade education and basically, if you want to have an upset stomach, sleepless nights and spend 40 hours on the phone for nothing, use Quicken - the jackasses of the house loan business.

I guess their claimed 95% satisfaction rate must be for people with lousy credit because obviously my 770 and wifes 820 credit rating isn't good enough for these morons. Use a local bank. These guys are nothing more than stinky turds that want your $500 application fee. P.S. They had me so pissed off and frustrated, I went to the bank, took out the 100k I needed to close, paid cash, have no mortgage and will be sending them a bill for the 40 hours I wasted trying to answer all of their stupid questions. Worthless worthless worthless. Use a local bank.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

For the most part my experience with Quicken Loans was positive. Lauren, Amelia, and closing agent Nathan were helpful, professional and overall just excellent. Everything positive changed 24 hours before I was to close, having had turned in all requested documents 6 weeks prior, I got a call from a 'conflict consultant' named Doug **. He explained that there was an issue with my wife's employment. He was smarmy and arrogant in questioning my wife's work situation. Worst of all he seemed completely uneducated about any work situations that may be considered normal outside of his local Michigan bubble. He very arrogantly asked me. 'How can your wife be a full time nanny/ house manager in Los Angeles and be buying a house in NV? That's pretty far don't you think?'

I would suggest if Quicken Loans is going to hire people like Mr. ** that they educate them that in markets like Los Angeles people in my wife's position make 6 figure incomes or more to manage people's households. They also have homes in other areas and states. It seemed utterly unheard of to Mr. ** (and the underwriters apparently) that she could be a NV resident while commuting the whole 50 minutes to LA via plane! This after I provided 3 different letters over 6 weeks prior from my wife's employer explaining her position, situation, compensation and responsibilities all approved by the document department. Perhaps Quicken Loans needs to hire more worldly 'conflict consultants' to cater to markets like Los Angeles and New York because Mr. ** came off like an arrogant, unworldly idiot.

Mr. ** then informed me that more documentation would be needed and this would delay my close and possibly even cause my loan to be denied! 24 hours before closing! My wife and I searched for 6 months for the perfect house. Now that was in jeopardy 24 hours before we were to close. I was actually at the final walkthrough when Mr. ** called with this shocking news. When I expressed my outrage that Quicken Loans was bringing this to me less than 24 hours before closing he was just silent. When I told him I would be contacting a backup lender he replied 'no problem'.

It is worth mentioning that my wife and I both have FICOs over 740. We had never been so much as an hour late on a mortgage payment on our prior home. We had $150,000 plus cash liquid. We were putting 20% down on a 270k property with an annual income well over 100k. We were qualified buyers and we knew it. Still we were told our loan was in jeopardy. Ridiculous.

For this reason I would never ever do business with Quicken Loans again or recommend them to anyone. Any company that would spring this kind of news on a home buyer less than 24 hours before scheduled closing has a lot of work to do with regards to their underwriting and operating procedures. Not to mention hiring employees with proper people skills.

Even more outrageous was the email I received from Mr. ** the next day congratulating me on my approval (only after I let Quicken know in multiple emails to all concerned that I intended to accept a loan offer from Leader One if they could not meet my original close date) and asking me not to hesitate if he could be of any more help! In the end Lauren, Amelia and Nathan were pros. They kept me up to date and got my loan back on track. They should be commended. Mr. ** should be transferred to a position where he doesn't interact with people. My experience. Take it for what it's worth.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

We submitted all the paperwork and QL seemed to be very cooperative and competitive (rate-wise). Once we started signing papers however, we realized that our numbers were changing and not in our favor. We were told that the numbers discussed on the phone/over email were not guaranteed, authorized or locked in. Every time they would send us new "fixed" paperwork, the dates would still be wrong, lines of information were missing and they expected us to sign on their promise to "fix it" again.

When we finally told them we were uncomfortable signing any more incorrect docs, we were sent up the line to supervisors and retention. They screwed it up even worse and when we told them to cancel everything and close our app, suddenly we were getting our promised rate, the docs were fixed and we were closing. The night before our closing date, the numbers changed again and the closing person had to explain why - I just about walked out of the room. We decided to finish it and not surprisingly our troubles were still not over. We waited the required 3 days for closing to disbursement and the day I'm expecting a wire transfer, we get an email - not a call; nothing personal; no rush - that our payment will be delayed because I didn't sign one page.

WE SIGNED EVERYTHING MULTIPLE TIMES THROUGHOUT THIS PROCESS and they "forgot" to tag one signature line and the closer didn't see it either. WOW - why am I not surprised?! So, I signed the paper, emailed it back and asked to be called. They called my husband at work instead. Then when I found out, I gave them a call to answer my questions. The lady was short, disrespectful and overall a terrible example of handling customer concerns or complaints. She offered no help, no explanation and no time frame. Don't waste your time, your money and stress yourself out with these people. Save yourself the grief and if it means paying a couple extra bucks in interest, I'm sure ANY other company would do better than this. I am sad to be leaving our original mortgage company and I have regretted this experience for over a month.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Quicken Loans did a fantastic job with our loan. I was dealing with another local mortgage lender and they kept screwing around with all these extra fees, so after talking with my brother who has used Quicken with 2 of his home loans, I made the call. Took about 40 days from start to finish and approved for 4.15 back on April 8, 2018. I would highly recommend to anyone. On top of all that the home loan gets transferred to Rocket Mortgage and the only access is awesome. 5 stars for sure.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I was approved for a mortgage by Quicken, received the approval letter, along with a specific offer for both a fixed and ARM option. I decided to go with another lender, who simply offered a better product. The broker thanked me for the opportunity to try and work with me, and we ended our dialogue, via email. I went into my application to formally withdraw it, and found in my file that I had been issued a 'denial' letter on the basis of an 'incomplete packet'. This was utterly and completely false, and on the simple basis of business ethics I will be filing a complaint. The broker I worked with at Quicken was Mr. Blake Kalaf. He should be relieved of his ability to broker mortgages in the future. My decision to select another lender was strictly based on business, on numbers, on available rates and closing costs. A fabricated 'denial' letter says a lot about this company, none of which is flattering.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Called us to offer a way to lower our bills. Wasted our time for 5 days. Kept asking for various things. W2, pay stubs, proof of money in bank etc. And after telling my wife everything is good and once they verified we had 5000 dollars in the bank we would be approved and then at the last moment they say, "Sorry. We can't help you. Call back in 10 months." I wouldn't be so mad but they called us.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Quicken for years was a program that you could run on your PC. Since Intuit sold it it has become a money grab. I do not need online access or support but the company freezes your software after 1 year. Wants you to pay again for software you already paid for. This change of rules was NOT made clear when version 2017 was purchased. Another US scam for money, I could have kept my 2015 version for nothing.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I refinanced a year ago with Quicken Loans and had a pretty good experience (aside from the notary they sent, she was pretty rude). This past October I listed my home because I’m moving across the state. I reached out to Quicken Loans for a pre-approval so I could be ready to make an offer once my house was sold. Unfortunately my house didn’t sell quickly, so I had phone calls, emails and texts on a daily basis from my loan officer for over a month. Every time I picked up the phone I’d mention that my house hasn’t sold yet, but I’d reach out when I could.

That didn’t make a difference. It got to a point where his director sent me a text message asking when my house would sell. It was stressful selling a home already, so receiving daily texts/emails/calls about when it was going to sell really soured me on using them. I had another pre-approval through a credit union prior to using Quicken Loans and they didn’t harass me at all. In the end, they're giving me a better deal on closing costs and my interest rate. I'll never use Quicken Loans again.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I decided I didn't want to refinance with Rocket/Quicken Loans after all and the loan person talked to me for over 10 minutes trying to convince me that he knows my financial situation better than I do and he knows I need to refinance. Do not even try to cancelled refinancing with Quicken/RocketLoans - they are terrible, I actually had a tension headache talking to them. Better yet don't even go thru the process of refinancing with them - they are pushy and they won't let it go - I didn't want the appraiser to come on her terms and she was terrible and she wouldn't let up and I told her - "Please cancelled" and they gave it to another appraiser but the same company called Amrock and I am so stressed out now - and I might have to call my attorneys to actually let them know at Quicken/RocketLoans I am no longer interested in refinancing with this company. I am so stressed out from them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I called looking for a personal bill payer loan and was told that Quicken does not do those so I said thanks. We disconnected. Then they started calling me and it looks as though I had an inexperience sales person who then called me back later and said they do personal loans. I told them we did not want a refinance and then he started calling at least 4-5 times a day and finally I got in touch with him and he started telling me how I needed to refinance our home in order to obtain a personal loan. I told him we did not choose to do refinance and he tells me what is the best for me? We argued for about 5 minutes and then he continued insisting for a SSN and I refused to give him one.

I wanted a manager but I do not think this place has managers. The last thing he tells me is that refinancing is the best thing for me? That is not what we wish to do so I told him, "Do not call me back." This was a nightmare because he called at nights, weekends, holidays. This guy would not stop and he was trying to tell me what I needed and not what I asked for in the first place. I would love to know how they are rated with 5 stars when they deserve 1 star. We were honestly looking for a legitimate plan and this man had his own plan for us and that was not what we were gonna take. That is because he makes a lot more money for a refinance of a home than he would a personal loan referral. It is all about how much money they can put in their pocket. The customer is just another number to them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have unsubscribed (or so I thought) from their emails three times. I continue to get them, in fact I received 3 in the past 2 hours. I would never do business with a company that cannot even take me off their email list.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I reached out to Rocket Mortgage first to see about buying my first home. Because there were complications (I bought it from my parents), it was taking longer than expected. I received daily emails, calls and texts from the contact and then from his boss. I also looked into other lenders to see what the experience would be like and what rate I could get. In the meantime, after what I felt was harassment from Rocket, I decided to go with another lender. Rocket charged me the cost of them pulling my credit report, which I thought was ridiculous as that is part of trying to write a mortgage with a borrower. It was an overall terrible experience and I would not recommend them to anyone who can't close on a home in 2 days. They want to push you through the process as fast as possible with no consideration for the needs of the buyer/seller. I was disgusted with the constant barrage of contact from them.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Misrepresent themselves - pushy - get bombarded with phone calls. This happened twice now. I go to a site, this time: https://www.seniorsavingclub.co which says nothing about Quicken Loans, instead talks about an FHA loan. Phone calls start and guess who? Same thing happened before. Now I will have to endure weeks of this. They won't take no for an answer. I hear they overcharge in the closing costs, use higher interest rates, yet they claim to be the number one lender nationwide. I don't believe them.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Awful experience. Banker said, "Save 5 thousand dollars, call me back and you're good to go," saved, got approved. They hired an appraiser, came back with a low ball appraisal, still proceeded. Every day asking for same documents over and over, one hand does know what the other hand is doing. They lied from the get-go, closing date was changed 3 times, still pending. They work numbers. They have no compassion, too many people involved and when they say they reviewing it, sits on someone desk, and when they do review they send you back to the same person. They did not look at the documents and asks for same documents over and over, awful company, and when they say they have nothing to do with the appraisal they have their own appraiser. It is not a third party who hires them. Stay away from Quicken Loans. They will cause you heartache and problems.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I was considering refinancing my home. I am a customer with Quicken and have been since I refinanced in 2012. Jason with Quicken called me so I listened to his various options that would best suit my needs. Gave him information I probably shouldn’t have and told him I’d think on it. Tony, the team captain came on line and tried to convince me I should proceed. I called my brother and asked his opinion. My brother advised me to leave my mortgage alone. Within minutes Jason was calling me back to see what I had decided. I told him, "Thank you for your time but I’m going to pass." He immediately began pushing me and trying to persuade me to go forward with a new loan. I said “no and I’m going to hang up.”

Jason continues to call multiple times a day and leaving harassing messages. I’m feeling concerned about my existing loan with Quicken. I’m tired of my phone constantly ringing. I want to block the number but I know they will continue to call from other numbers. I may need to write the BBB. I hope they don’t steal my identity. I used to have such a high opinion of the company but now I just fear them.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

The application process was easy. Got preapproved 4.75% rate. At that point, I felt comfortable moving forward, so I paid the $500 appraisal fee that was required to move forward. However, after I gave them the money, they increase the rate to above 5% with a “loan estimate.” I explained to them that I might be going through different mortgage company due to this, and they sent me to a retention specialist - **, Steven.

Steven explained that he could work with me to improve the interest rate. He eventually sent me an updated loan estimate while I was on vacation. As I didn’t review it in time, he decided to cancel my loan application. I explained to him that I could review it now, and take a look, but he said it was too late and that I’d have to start a new application. I even left Steven a voicemail asking for a callback. He did not return my call/email and instead sent me an email the next day saying that he had canceled my loan even though he received my email saying I needed more time/help finding the updated loan estimate numbers. So basically, they have my $500 for “appraisal costs” that they’re not willing to return, and Steven canceled my loan without my permission.

In addition to the scammy interest rate hike, poor customer service, and canceling my loan without my permission, their closing costs were $7000 more and the interest rate was ridiculously high compared to other mortgage companies. I’ve never seen anything more unprofessional my entire life. Also, they refused to refund my money even though the retention specialist Steven ** cancel my loan without my permission. The funny thing is that I was going to use them, but now, I have no interest in dealing with a company that has poor morals, and customer service representatives that are rude and incompetent.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

It has been my experience whenever you need assistance with a problem Quicken Loans favorite word is, "We will research it and get back to you." They do not get back with you with results but say, "We are still researching it" which means indefinitely. They are not problem solvers or effective communicators. Wish I never ever did business with them.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Quicken Loans is a huge scam, almost a pyramid scam. They will say anything to get your money, and then a day before closing they will back out the deal and you will lose your money. As they say it was nonrefundable. Before I gave them any money, (they kept hounding me for the $500 good faith) I told them my situation, wife and I are renting to buy the house we are in, been here for 2 years and have a contract with the landlord. We have all the paperwork and "money trail" to all funds given to the landlord from our bank, my bank handled everything. QL said, "That is not a problem but we want $500 before we can do anything," so we gave QL the money and they assured us everything was A-OK.

I had to pay out of pocket for all the testing and what not, that was expected. But then a day before closing they said they couldn't approve the loan because they can't accept the down payment that was paid to the landlord at the beginning of our lease agreement. Said I needed to pay QL the $7500 more for the closing since that's what I paid in the beginning. The house was $60k, we put $7500 down and paid $900 for 2 years and wanted a loan for $35k. As per my contract with the landlord. House was appraised at $85k. QL said the contract between the landlord and us was null and void with them and demanded we take $85k loan and all the money we paid in meant nothing. So I went to my personal bank and within 2 weeks my wife and I are homeowners no thanks to (NON)QUICKEN LOANS. Save your time, money, patience and sanity and stay away from these pyramid scammers.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I called them on a Sunday, was told someone would call me back. Never happened. I called them Tuesday, I was told someone was going to call me Wednesday. Never happened. When I called to see what happened, the man told me that they are a very big company. When I said I'd like to do the survey, he hung up on me.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Quicken loans is the absolute worst company to deal with. In applying for a mortgage loan they insisted that was applying for an investment loan when in fact it was going to be my primary home. After writing a negative review I received. Call from a customer relations specialist named Erin who said she was going to investigate my problem. It went nowhere. I would recommend people stay away from Quicken and deal with a local lender.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I have always been a America First snob. In the beginning of wanting to refinance my home I contacted AFCU. They stated I, alone, myself would not qualify nor could I use my part time job income (because most part time jobs don’t last). My fiancé told me some of his customers had raves about Quicken Loans. I contacted them and hesitated, so I hung up. I got a text from Brittney. (I’m all about texting if possible.) She was so helpful and text me very clear answers on everything I had. The Rocket Mortgage app is awesome. I submitted all my documentation she needed AND my part time job pay stubs (Along with my full time job also of course). :) She gave me multiple options and the payment was perfect.

I was able to pay off all of my loans and be debt free. I read on the reviews after I had started the process that people weren’t happy and were passed on to other people, having to provide all the documentation over and over again. This did not happen to me. Everything was forwarded on to the next person. When it came time to close, they send someone (a notary) to my home!!! I picked the time and they were here with my paperwork. AMAZING!!! I was finished with the whole process, with no lies, no pressure within 2 1/2 weeks tops. I would highly recommend this company to anyone planning to refi their home. Thank you Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage for everything!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I recently retired and was curious about Quicken Loans interest rate on a refinance and whether it would lower my monthly mortgage payments as advertised. Instead of receiving that simple information, I was roped into giving my SS # (stupid on my part) and found out after the fact (from Credit Karma) that a hard credit check had been done as if I were applying for the loan, not simply inquiring. I called Quicken’s customer service and asked that they remove the hard credit check and they refused to do so.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I started out applying online to streamline my home buying experience. Once I was preapproved we continued our home search. Once we found a house that we wanted, I called my Rocket Mortgage rep before making the offer. I kept getting the runaround on what he needed to move forward. After a couple months of dealing with Rocket Mortgage, I called a local lender and within a week was able to make an offer on the house. I do not recommend wasting your time, contact local lenders if you are serious about buying a house.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Advertising the fastest approval process in the business our recent experience with Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans was abysmal. As small business owners we know it takes more to get approved so we went the extra mile and got verified approved (same as cash the folks at Quicken Loans told us). When we found our dream home a few days later and went back to Quicken to set the closing date. That's when to our surprise the whole process started over again, this time asking for even more documents. For every document we submitted they asked three more documents, each more bizarre than the next. As we voiced our concern and frustration about the barrage of documents QL demanded, staff became more belligerent and combative. Finally we decided to walk away from Quicken Loans and pay cash for the house. Not our first choice, but fortunate for us an option.

The warning here is that a verified approval is anything but. That businesses like Quicken Loans do not care about your business. Staff was belligerent and combative, not trying to remedy the situation. The promise of a quick and "pain free" process is simply not true. Fortunately for us we could afford to pay cash but we understand that is not possible for everyone. So be very wary when you start with Quicken Loans.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

DO NOT USE QUICKEN LOANS OR ROCKET MORTGAGE. It's essentially a numbers game. They'll pre-approve you for the loan. The customer experience on the front end of the transaction is fantastic! You'll have a great "executive banker" who's skilled in the ways of customer service and striking a deal. He/she will get you everything you need in order to convince you to fork over what they refer to as a "good faith deposit." Given your preapproval on income, debt, and credit, you'll assume you're moving forward. They claim the $500 will be applied toward the closing costs. Things are moving along fine. You'll start packing up your house; arranging for your tenant to move in; the sellers will move out of their home; you will have spent thousands of dollars in preparation for your big move.

Then you'll get a phone call a week before your closing date. In my case, they made an accounting error and miscalculated my debt-to-income ratio. They'll suggest you pay down your credit card debt to bring up your score--only to realize that their "hard inquiries" on your credit make this attempt futile. You're then left with a house filled with boxes, a soon-to-be-homeless tenant, sellers who now have an empty house, and family coming into town for Thanksgiving in your "new house." - But only it's not your new house, it's your old, small house filled with boxes and no dining room table because you sold it to help with the move.

GO WITH A LOCAL BANK. Save yourself the stress, emotional torture, and expense. Do not be romanced by their slick advertising or friendly "executive bankers." Believe me, I feel like suck a sucker for falling for it. Fortunately, I'm now working with a local bank who is helping me get a new loan. But I have to start all over again (including more money out of pocket).

They'll get your $500 in the first few days of your relationship - then wait weeks before putting your loan through underwriting. If anything is wrong with your loan, you'll find out about it days before closing. And you're out thousands in moving expenses and the $500 good faith deposit because they'll claim it was used toward the appraisal and other costs. STAY AWAY from Quicken Loans or Rocket Mortgage. No doubt they'll get their comeuppance one day through an expose on 60 Minutes or The New York Times.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I specifically told the call center rep that we have already bought and home and did not need a loan anymore. The agent by the name of "Tom" that was probably stationed in the Philippines, continued with his script. I told him again that I was not interested as I have already bought a home. He then transfer me to an agent to try and get me a loan. Very disappointed in my experience. Management needs to reevaluated their policies for the call center.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

On September 24, after talking to my husband for almost an hour, Samuel ** convinced my husband he could easily help us obtain a VA loan and that we should be able to close before the end of October. We have a VA loan from a bank now, but wanted to refinance our home. We have also had other VA loans from our bank, which were fairly easy.

After the conversation on September 24th, Sam asked for a series of paperwork, which included my husband's DD 214, which is what every other lender asks for. On September 25th Sam had all the paperwork he asked for. At that time we had to pay upfront for an Appraisal, $450. The Appraisal took another week and a half to schedule and complete. On October 8th it came in higher than we expected. At this point we had all documents, as well as our appraisal completed. We expected a closing date.

For the next week Sam's "crackerjack VA "team" kept asking my husband for a DD 214 MEMBER 4. My husband never heard of that form, or ever had to use it. They had him fill out a form, which they said may take a week or so. It became more than 2 weeks when we asked Brandon why it was taking so long. We even stated if they couldn't get answers we were going to look elsewhere. Brandon essentially said the VA had more important documents to produce for people who needed death certificates and other paperwork. He hoped they would get to our request soon. If we had to go with someone else, basically he said "we should do what we needed to do".

I Googled the illusive Member 4. Wikipedia states the VA never gives out copies of the Member 4. I emailed Sam this information and never got a response. My husband and I tried to email him again two days later and both our emails were bounced back as if we were blocked from his account. We canceled our loan with Rocket/Quicken Mortgage. If you do decide to go with this company make them tell you exactly what papers you will need and make sure you have them before they come up with an illusive document request and cannot tell you why, or when it will be available for you to close on your loan. It cost us over 1 month's wait period even though we had documentation they originally asked for, as well as a good appraisal. Beware the VA loan.

Quicken Loans Company Information