4.6(63)

About Quicken Loans

On November 1, 2023, Quicken Loans came under the control of LMB OpCO, and is now a financial marketplace platform connecting consumers with a wide range of services, including mortgages, personal loans, home services, auto loans and more. Quicken Loans says it aims to simplify the process of choosing the right loan, by providing the information needed to make confident borrowing decisions.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Free tool
  • Compare multiple options
  • Personalized recommendations
Cons
  • Doesn’t work with all companies

Stars Rating

• 83%
  • 5%
  • 3%
  • 5%
  • 3%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?
    Punctuality & SpeedOnline & AppRates

Reviewed May 26, 2024

Quicken’s website is very convenient and you can always stay on top of everything. I’m an existing customer so the application process was very easy. We just added a little bit more information. Every single area was great and the rate was fair for the times right now. People should go with Quicken. They're very organized, timely and professional. It’s an easy group to work with.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed May 25, 2024

The first person who contacted me was real professional and right to the point. He asked a bunch of questions that didn't make me feel like I didn't know anything and he was really good at explaining. He was just patient with me on a lot of things and very transparent. I appreciated that a lot. For the most part, the application process was easy. Any time I put documents in, everything would update and it made it a lot smoother. But their automation and their booking schedule could use some updating. There was a thing online where I had to pick a closing date and it was a couple of weeks out, which I thought that was a bit ridiculous because I had provided all my documentation pretty quickly. And I wanted to close before the end of the month. I called Rocket Mortgage directly and they scheduled me a closing date on the Monday of the next available week, which ended up being before the end of the month, and I appreciated that. However, had I not called, I would have never known. I don't know how many other people go through that.

Pinned

Hi Alan, we are sorry that you were experiencing communication issues with one of our providers. If you'd like to provide your preferred contact information to get further assistance, please send an email to customercare@quickencompare.com. Thanks!

Reviewed May 25, 2024

The application process went pretty smoothly. I was approved in less than a month. They were cooking. The rate and terms are not perfect, but it's just a temporary thing until we get some other financial stuff in order, and then we're going to refinance it again. We're doing like an arm thing right now, which was the best thing to do at the time. And then, once we get squared away with what we need to do, we're going to refinance it into a regular fixed loan.

Online & AppStaffLoan Process

Reviewed May 9, 2024

I've been a customer of Quicken Loans for years. They connected me with Rocket Mortgage, and it was very easy and simple to do. Some parts of it were done online. Some other parts of it were done over the phone. The initial contact started online. Their website is excellent. My loan rep was very upbeat and professional.

Punctuality & SpeedLoan Process

Reviewed May 9, 2024

I went with their debt consolidation program and it was okay. They did the homework and I appreciate them not either offering us or having us take the maximum amount of equity that we had because then we would have a bigger payment to make. The only thing was there was a perk that was never offered to us and with the initial loan origination, we could have gotten some money off. It was our fault too because we didn't ask for it but it would have been helpful. Other than that, everything was done promptly and we closed real quick.

Reviewed May 9, 2024

Quicken's application process was easy. Their reps were good. This is our third time with them.

Reviewed May 9, 2024

The loan officer I worked with was knowledgeable and helpful.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 9, 2024

Quicken made it very easy and simple, and that's what made a difference. They made me understand everything quickly. They were very good at getting information out.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaffLoan Process

Reviewed April 29, 2024

We did a loan with Quicken and when we did a second loan, they were my first choice. The application process was faster than I could have remembered or that I would have ever expected and the customer service was excellent all the way through. The rep was responsive and jumped right on any question we had. We were able to pay off our bills and get on a budget that we can live on. We don't feel like we're swamped anymore.

Online & AppLoan Process

Reviewed April 29, 2024

We've used Quicken Loans before and had a good experience with them. The application process took two weeks. It took a little longer because our house is under a trust. But we received the funding after seven days. We were able to pay off some debt that we had and we had more peace of mind.

Reviewed April 28, 2024

After discussing things with the Rocket Mortgage rep, we found out that we would have a better chance of getting the loan we're looking for with Quicken Loans than from other vendors that we looked at. We're pleased with the rates and terms. The application process was very easy and straightforward. You just have to get all your ducks in a row. I had a direct email to the representative that was looking at the account that handled everything for us. So, we could email and call them as needed. Overall, we were happy with everything. I highly recommend the company. They made the process easy.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaffEase of UseLoan Process

Reviewed April 28, 2024

Quicken Loans helped make the loan happen for us. I wrote down everyone's name that I was talking with and would highly recommend any of these people that helped push the thing through and handled questions and things that they saw that were gonna be needing to be done before they were last minute. Being I just turned 61 and ahead of the computer generation, their website was very manageable and easy to use and understand. There is a to-do list that you check every day and it tells you what you need to do. They call to make sure that you're okay and follow up on it. If I had any questions, I knew sooner or later they were gonna call me, and there they did. Even after it was said and done, they were calling in to check on me and make sure everything was good. Also, even when I made the change, nothing changed with the price that they told me. I'm very happy.

Reviewed April 27, 2024

The process with Quicken Loans was fairly well. But the underwriter was stupid. A $672 charge showed up on my record and I told them that I didn't know what that was. It turned out that the person I was leasing my house to 15 years ago bought a DIRECTV addition to put it in their house and charged it to my name. I told Quicken that it wasn't mine and I never lived in the house. So, I ain't paying it. Their rep told me not to do anything and that it was going to muddy the water. He said I could take care of it afterwards.

So, I told them to send me my check for the Discover and the other check for $672 which I'd mail to the person who leased my house. I went and paid my car off, too. So, I got a check for $12,000 to Discover that I paid off, then I got a check for $672 to this collection agency. I couldn't get it off my credit because DIRETV has written it off. I called Quicken and they told me to call Experian. I did and now, they're trying to get it off my credit bureau.

The charge was done from 2010 to 2013 and it was put on my credit in 2020 because it floated around three collection agencies where one buys another and one buys another. Quicken said they couldn't reissue the check because the underwriter said they couldn't change the contract. But all they got do was mail me another check and don't put the name on it. It didn't have anything to do with the contract. Also, why would they even make me pay that off at $672? It didn't even come into the percentage thing. And I paid my $20,000 car off that I didn't have to, but because I wanted to. So, it's kind of stupid over $672.

That check is still up there on the wall and now, it's going to be out-of-date. It's only good for 60 days. They said they'd call back when I get it corrected and they'd issue the check. It's going to be 30 to 40 days before Experian can do anything. But my problem is, I don't think they're going to be able to get it off because you can't go back and pull up the account number from DIRETV because they couldn't find the account number since they've written it off. Other than that, I didn't have a problem with the guys at Quicken Loans and I had a good experience with them. The guy who handled my paperwork tried to handle the issue right, but the underwriter didn't do it and didn't tell anybody. Then they saw it once I signed the contract. But it was a done deal at that point.

Pinned

Hi Tim, we are sorry that you did not have a positive experience working with one of our providers. If you'd like to provide your preferred contact information to get further assistance, please send an email to customercare@quickencompare.com. Thanks!

Punctuality & SpeedStaffLoan Process

Reviewed April 27, 2024

We've financed our last couple of houses with Quicken Loans. When we did an equity loan, it was very easy and that's why we deal with them. They answered any questions I had quickly, and it was fantastic. The rep, Miss Coda, was very easy to work with. I would tell people about my experience, and if we ever do a loan again, we'll go with Quicken again.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed April 27, 2024

We love Quicken Loans. They're wonderful. I did Rocket Mortgage. The original loan was wonderful. The second loan that we just got is not quite as wonderful, but it's not their fault because interest rates are through the roof. The application process was super easy, and the loan rep wonderful. Mike got the last one we did closed in 10 days. As far as their website, when it works, it's great. I have to call them because they're still trying to get me to go to the notary so that I can close my loan because that part of the website is broken. We're still getting emails like, "You need to take care of this. It's urgent." I already have my money though.

Loan Process

Reviewed April 27, 2024

The lending process at Quicken Loans was okay. However, I'm still having some problems with one of the payees. I may have done it wrong as far as who they were supposed to pay off because they still haven't been paid off yet. Whenever I asked for a certain pay to be paid, they refused to pay it, and said it wasn't the right Quicken loan. So, they sent it back. I just had to send it back out two days ago. As soon as this other thing is paid off, I'll be very satisfied. But right now, I'm still waiting for it to be finalized.

Customer ServiceRates

Reviewed April 27, 2024

At the beginning, it was very confusing. I would have liked to realize the relationship between Quicken and Rocket, and Rocket and Amrock. I never was sure how I went from Quicken Loans to Rocket Mortgage. I was led to believe that Rocket was a sister company of Quicken. If the fact that they're 2 separate companies had been told to me upfront, I may have paused and thought about what I was doing because I thought I was dealing with Quicken. I was so happy from 20 years ago of dealing with Quicken that I thought I was still with Quicken, that they just had this program called Rocket. When I used the chat feature, some of my questions were getting answered but it seemed to be a bot rather than a person so I asked to speak to a human. But once things got rolling, I was very happy with how everything worked. I was very pleased with the terms and the rates.

Pinned

Hi David, Quicken Loans is a new cutting-edge online marketplace transforming the way you find lenders. Rocket Mortgage is one of our providers. If you have anymore questions, please do not hesitate to email us at customercare@quickencompare.com. Thanks!

Punctuality & SpeedStaffLoan Process

Reviewed April 27, 2024

The rep I worked with was great. He was very responsive and very patient with me. It was very nice to work with them and the process went really well and it was quick. Everybody was accommodating, too. I was on the road and they found somebody where I was to come and sign the papers. The process was really good.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaffRatesTransparency

Reviewed April 17, 2024

I have had the opportunity to work with several different mortgage lenders. After careful consideration, I have determined that the following lenders stand out as the best in the industry. I was blown away by the exceptional customer service and streamlined online application process at Quicken Loans. They offered competitive interest rates and were transparent throughout the entire mortgage process. Their team of experts made buying a home a stress-free experience.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingLoan Process

Reviewed March 29, 2024

After daily, repeated SPAM calls with a recorded message about my non-existent 'personal loan application', I got tired of having to block the endless chain of different numbers that were used to sell me something I never requested, and I called them back. The call was answered by the Quicken loans call center, and I asked to be taken off their list. Still unanswered is why a supposedly legitimate company uses the same tactics as countless sham companies employ. I will not use Quicken home loans based on this intrusive and misleading lead generation practice. Deeply disappointed by Quicken loans.

Hi Danny,

I am sorry to hear you are receiving unwanted communication from us. Can you please send us an email to customercare@quickencompare.com with your number and we can take care of this for you. Thank you!

Punctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2024

They got my loan run through and did me a good job. It was great. I'm saving about $700 a month in payments by consolidating some bills. The application process was pretty quick and simple. I got online and filled out all the information they requested and I was able to upload all of that. So, it was pretty painless. They were upfront and kept in touch. They walked me through the process, and I was able to finish it up for about two weeks.

Staff

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2024

I did a refinance with Quicken. I already had them as my mortgage lender. The lender was great. She was very thorough and very personable. With the refinance, I hope to get my credit cards under control.

StaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed Feb. 12, 2024

The reps were helpful. They guide you through everything. The process was good. We got good interest rates as well. I had to pay for the appraisal but everything worked out fine.

Staff

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2024

I Googled mortgage places and Quicken listed a bunch of places, and Rocket Mortgage was the one who answered first. I clicked on their button and I started filling out their application and before I could even get to the next button, they called me, and I told the lady I talked to what I needed. She said there are three types of loans that I could get qualified for. Then she compared, and she said what would best fit. She was really nice about it, and she gave detailed information. She didn't push any particular one. She did rule out the home equity line one. She said that was not what I wanted. After that, I didn't check anybody else out. Although, she said, "Go ahead, do so." They never pressured me to get anything. Things smoothly sailed along. I was totally satisfied.

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2024

Quicken helped me with a second mortgage. I got it within just a few minutes. The application process was good and the loan specialist was very personable.

Online & AppStaffLoan Process

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2024

Working with Quicken Compare was a good experience. The application process was simple and easy to understand and the person who I worked with was informative.

Punctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaffLoan Process

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2023

My experience with Quicken Loans went really well. They could do what I wanted and they could also work with what I was available to do. The application process was very simple, easy and quick.

Online & AppEase of Use

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2023

Quicken's website is easy to use. We've had a loan with them in the past so I already had an account with them. I paid my mortgage online so I knew how to use their site. They were absolutely fantastic with our mortgage before. The matches they got for me were great. I was with them for a couple of minutes until they transferred me off to Rocket Mortgage.

Online & App

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2023

We did debt consolidation with Quicken Compare. Within five minutes of submitting an online entry, I had a pre-approval done. It was simple from there on out. The site is user-friendly. The log-in was a little tricky at times but it could have been our router.

Reviewed Oct. 28, 2023

We dealt with Quicken before and the loan was a better option versus using the equity in our house. The application process this time around was easier because they had all that information. The terms are good but the interest rates are high now. We have good credit so I thought maybe we would get a better rate. Still, I would recommend people to check Quicken out.

Quicken Loans Company Information