2.36/5
  • 1 star
Based on 498 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a mortgage lender?

Quicken Loans

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Jan. 18, 2018

3448 Quicken Loans Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I went through refinancing with no problem and at a much lower rate and no closing costs. Customer Service, though I haven't had many questions since refinancing, has been excellent: friendly, most helpful and my experience is that they make one feel like you're a valued customer.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

If you need to refinance or get a mortgage with any company, Quicken Loans would be my first suggestion! From the first time I spoke to a representative until closing, they were professional and courteous and got back to me within an hour after I phoned them! All I can say is "they rock"!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

It was like the "right hand" didn't know what the "left hand" was doing all the way through. While some of the individuals we dealt with were helpful and smart and knowledgeable, others were not. The worst thing that happened was that our closing happened in MA right before Thanksgiving and the papers were sent in by UPS. Then they thought our paperwork was "lost" in transition, which caused us all sorts of upset over Thanksgiving, since the paperwork included so much confidential information. It turned out that the person "looking" was probably in one Quicken Loans office and our paperwork was just lying around somewhere in a different office because of the holiday. So they caused us a lot of upset for nothing.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Very easy with Quicken Loans to refinance, new mortgage. Others have too much paperwork. With Quicken everything was done online. I had someone to ask questions or help me at all times through the process.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Both my wife found that the entire process was well conducted in a most professional manner. Answers to our questions were clear and precise while they kept the schedule for contact as promised. Thus far we have had no reason to complain and have recommended other successful clients as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Being retired, I applied to Quicken Loans for a mortgage pre-approval. The process seemed quick and easy, the rep was encouraging. I have a credit score of 810, own my current home outright, no debt, and have substantial investment income. I clearly told the rep I would be listing my house for sale after buying a new home; as it's paid off, there's no rush, and I'm in an area of the country where houses can take months or even a year or more to sell. Based on the rep's statements and pre-approval letter, I found a home and made a purchase offer, setting a closing date, which was accepted. I scheduled the home inspection. I was then told by Quicken that I would have to (a) sell my current home before a mortgage would be approved, and (b) I'd have to have a floating rate. Both were explicit contradictions of what I was told during the application process.

When I let them know this would not fly, the "team leader" called to offer me even worse terms. I told them they don't get to make a penny off of me, and I will go to a local bank. I also ordered them to destroy my information, so that when they suffer the inevitable data breach I won't be further penalized for having been fool enough to apply to them. Is Quicken anything more than a scam? How many others have had their "guaranteed" terms changed at the last minute to disadvantageous or even damaging terms? Steer clear! The realtor--who is affiliated with Quicken's "In-House Realty," warned me against Quicken and told me horror stories of Quicken pulling mortgages at closing.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

A very good company. They are very easy to work with. They make the whole process as enjoyable as possible. I would use them again.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

They are not customer oriented and do not give information in a timely manner and cost unnecessary extra amount of money. They also try to increase the amount of the loan with extra fees.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I'm very impressed with Quicken Loans. They are very knowledgeable and helpful in answering my questions. Their forms and paperwork very organized and understandable. I would highly recommend Quicken Loans to my family and friends.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I was told escrow evaluations were every 12 months. I had to put $200.00 into escrow in May 2017. By their rules the next one should be May 2018 but instead they decided to hit me with another increase of $266.00 for December 1 2017. Their escrow figures are never accurate and each person you speak to has no clue where the escrow goes. I'm mad. What they are doing to us with the escrow it is very unfair.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I read a few reviews online about Quicken Loans and thought no way it would be fine. Boy was I wrong. Not only do you give a GOOD FAITH deposit of $500.00 that is (not) refundable so they say you do all the legwork for them then when it is time to close they tell you they can't do it oh and you're not getting your money back cause they used it to pay for the appraisal and the amount of the loan magically goes up 10-15 thousand more than what you want oh and the best part you're locked in interest is not the same as they say it is. I don't recommend this company at all. Go somewhere else try a credit union they work better and a cheaper interest rate too. If you use this company you're going to get screwed and will not enjoy it and they won't even cuddle with you. Either rob the poor to make the rich richer.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I decided to refinance my mortgage with Quicken Loans. Spoke to Justin **, Mortgage Banker and explained that I wanted to pay off my house mortgage sooner. My interest with my previous bank was 6.37 and I refinanced for 3.375. We began the process in August and closed on October 19. It took longer because of the path of Hurricane Irma and some repairs I had to do after the appraisal. My first payment will be in December and I want to pay bi-weekly to pay off the mortgage sooner. We mostly communicated online and a Public Notary went to our house for the closing. My goal was to refinance from 30 years to 15 and that is what I got. Very satisfied with Quicken Loans.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Beware of $500 deposit before Esigns any documents, It's a SCAM. You will never see it again, if the loan is canceled or withdrawn. Also, pay attention to Loan Estimate. They keep change estimated closing costs and cash to close. Just be careful what they promises of low interest rate and pay off your debt. They lied, mislead me. So lost $500 for Quicken LoanSCAM.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

After researching this company I contacted them anyway, dumb mistake. I have a credit score of 809 thank you, and when they told me all the fees for switching to a 15 year mortgage, over 5k, I said, "No thank you. I'm paying extra on it every month anyway." Jason tried to argue with me about compounding interest and while I'm sure that may be true, I'm still on track to paying off well before 15 years. They then had the colloidal NERVE to send me a letter saying THEY denied me the loan due to Fannie same service P&I INCREASE greater than 20%. HELLO this house is in LA county and I owe 118k on it. Total lie. I see all the stories here about preapprovals and then a denial later are totally true. I'm putting all this out there in detail so any pooh poohers can see yes it's true, and I thank all the other writers because they did make me wary of this company. So glad I saved my $$$.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Never, ever sign up online to receive a quote from Quicken Loans unless you have already definitely decided to use them to finance or refinance a home. They apparently distribute your request to every agent they have anywhere in the country and it's a free for all as to who reaches you first. Worse yet, the calls go on for months and months, long after you're chosen another lender and in my case long after I've closed on the new loan. This despite telling at least 10 agents I was no longer interested and asking them to remove me from the mailing list. Now I ignore the calls, or if I make the mistake of picking one up, as soon as I realize it's Quicken I tell them to go ** themselves!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

We applied for a mortgage loan and within 3 days, we were inundated with spam email for every product & company that someone moving might use. Unbelievable. Wound up contacting Quicken Loans and requesting that they delete ALL of our information, including email address, but the damage was already done - once your email is sold to mailing lists, you're a bull’s eye for every freaking spammer out there. The only thing left to do is to ditch your email account and establish a new one, but in this day and age, it is no easy thing to do since there are a LOT of legitimate people and companies that should have your email.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Recently, I did an online search looking for information on reverse mortgages. I started filling out a form on a website, but it was too lengthy so I closed the site before completing the form. The next day a Quicken Loans salesman called me to talk about refinancing my home. I am not interested in doing that, but was curious about what he could offer. Frankly, I wasn’t impressed with his terms. During the call he said several times, "We’re going to pay off your car loan and your dentist and send you $4,000 from your equity." I thought Quicken Loans must really want my business badly to do that, but I was skeptical. Finally, I pinned him down on the issue and he admitted the dentist payment would be paid from my equity and Quicken Loans would pay off my car as a loan to me. No wonder the $79,000 loan I have now was to be $89,000 with Quicken Loans even though I only owed $1,000 on the car.

This is just one example of how Quicken Loans salesman’s ambiguity and obfuscation was unethical, if not dishonest. He told me in order to continue the process I had to fill out an online form. I figured he meant the process of gathering information, as I’d never said or implied to him that I agreed to refinance my home with Quicken Loans. The form required me to give a credit card number but I wasn’t told why. I resisted, but he said it was necessary to continue and as I was still curious, I foolishly gave it to him. He told me he needed a home appraisal done and I said it wasn’t necessary because I had a copy of my city tax assessors value of the home, but he said that wasn’t good enough. So, he sent two women to do the appraisal, which he wanted and I didn’t. I don’t need an appraisal unless I’m selling my home.

The next day a different employee called and said the appraisal wasn’t high enough. So we were done, or so I thought. Then I started noticing minimum payments on my Discover card for $35.00. I knew I hadn’t used that card in a long time. So, I went to my online account and saw a charge by Quicken Loans for $500, obviously for the appraisal. If he had told me he was going to charge my card $500 right then, whether we did business together or not I would have refused and we would have been done.

Let me be clear that I did not call Quicken Loans, the salesman called me. I never agreed to have Quicken Loans refinance my home. I never asked for an appraisal. I truly hope Quicken Loans don’t condone this type of unethical sales practice. I’m a businesswoman and I know the value of sales to an organization. But I couldn’t sleep at night if I treated my prospects or clients the way your salesman and subsequently your customer service representative treated me. Apparently, though, this is SOP of the sales force judging from the number of complaints I found about Quicken Loans on the Internet.

Basically, I was charged $500 for a sales pitch, which Quicken Loans decided wasn’t worth pursuing. So, I am asking you to return my $500. Quicken Loans charged me for something I didn’t want, didn’t need, and never agreed to pay for. The only thing I’m guilty of is being too trusting of people. But this experience has taught me never to trust anyone I don’t know - especially fast-talking, overly-aggressive salespeople. I called customer service department to ask for my money back. An employee, Cassandra **, said that wasn’t going to happen. I look forward to a positive and just resolution to this matter. And please train your salespeople to tell prospects clearly that their credit card with be charged immediately for the appraisal; then they can decide whether they want to continue with the process. A sin of omission is still a sin.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

It is a SCAM. Once submitting my information being promised my new payment of x $$$ I was told I had to pay a good faith fee of $500.00 which would be refunded if I chose to back out or complications arised for loan to not go thru. I paid 500.00. Then was informed they was sending an appraiser to my house. After appraisal my loan increased by $500.00 and extra 10K was added on in fees to the principal. I of course backed out of the deal. I received 50+ phone calls from Quicken Loans to try to convince me to do business with them. Which I refused and Quicken Loans said my $ could not return because it was used to pay for Appraisal and credit report. Which they will not release either to validate either. SCAM.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Called Quicken and they gave me a written estimate based on my numbers. After I sent them $500.00 the numbers begin to change for the worse. When I contacted my loan guy (Dennis) he said "Don't worry the numbers always change but I will fix it." As closing came the numbers got worse and they said more funds would be required to close the loan. After contacting them about their original offer they said "pay the funds we can't close". Needless to say I will not close with these crooks. Total misrepresentation. BEWARE!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I filled up some info online to check how much would be my new payment if I refinance, not knowing that I will have tons of callers for refinancing. QL was first. They asked if I had used them before. I said, yes. But I refused for them to check my credit because I was not refinancing. I just wanted to see how much because it was the way it said online. The same way I answered every other companies that called. I refused to apply for refinancing. Then 2 months later, I got this letter that said they were unable to help me because of employment history! I did not even apply! Now that I checked how to go about this, because I wanted to sue them for invasion of privacy, I now am finding out that this awful company is really really bad.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I refinanced with Quicken Loans in April 2014. The reason I refinanced was to remove a name from a deed of my home. Quicken Loans told me that the easiest and fastest way to remove the name is refinance and they will have the other party sign a Removal Request form during the closing. That was done, now fast forward 3 years later after speaking with my lawyer regarding a different matter, it was discover that the other party was never removed and still on my deed. This person is now deceased and they are telling me it’s nothing that they can do. I have the signed document that was notarized during closing with the request to be removed from the deed.

They are telling me they are sorry for the issue, but not doing anything about it. I had a 20 year mortgage with 18 years left before the refinance so why would I go to a 30 year mortgage, roll over $5000 closing cost into the mortgage for a $100 cheaper note? I asked the Quicken Loans rep why would I refinance for nothing? The signed document provided by Quicken Loans states what was supposed to be done. The Quicken Loans rep couldn't answer the question. They are such a rip off, and I'm looking to filing suit against them.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My wife and I were looking at a re-finance on our home and thought Quicken Loans would be a good option. Holy cow were we wrong. It took 3 days of back and forth with the representative to finally get a quote. Every time she would call she was extremely flustered and had excuse after excuse on when she would have the info. They kept saying that they were having problems accessing my credit because I had a freeze in place (WRONG... my freeze was temporarily lifted. We even had two other lenders pull credit reports without any problems!). I finally had to get really stern with her and tell her that our patience had run out, either get me the numbers or we are done... and guess what... they had terrible rates. Don’t waste your time on Quicken Loans. They don’t have their stuff together. Total waste of time.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I'm both sad and annoyed. I've successfully been using Quicken for many years. The first time I installed Quicken, it was from 3.5-inch disks. After the transition from Intuit (releases 14 and 15), Quicken has become a nightmare. Downloading transactions from investment, bank, and credit-card accounts is now completely reliable. Previously -- prior to release 14 -- it was perfect; no problems at all. Now, it's one error message after another. I've followed the recommendations to reset the accounts more times than I can count. I receive messages that the reset was successful. Nothing improves.

My favorite Quicken error message in trying to access online accounts is something like "try again in a few days"! To me, the real message is "We've screwed everything up so bad we don't know what to do now, but give us a few days and maybe we'll figure it out." Sorry, but a useful, usable Quicken died when this new company took over. Do not buy it.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Started refi-loan process was told 45 days no problem... 4 months later still in progress. I have been involved in real estate transactions/loans over 30 times. This company does not know what they are doing... AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

After an extended amount of time and constant demands for more submittals and added costs to secure a new VA Loan thru Quicken. I intended to change my current sliding interest VA loan to a fixed rate loan, with another mortgage company. It was demanded that I pay for an appraisal ($450.00), A termite bond ($350.00) and fax after faxes. (I had a current VA Loan and I was trying to get a new VA Loan). The final straw was the demand to change my tax forms to show that I owed no taxes. I owed nothing and had filed by e-filing. I call the IRS and was told that changing anything would be breaking a federal law. When call Quicken to report this I was rudely told that change it or else. I selected or else.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I called a month before I started looking for a loan, preapproved me over the phone no issues, sent them all of my banking info, found a house and was ready to go through with the loan a month later. I called Louis my P.O.C. who said I would have to come up with $7,500 instead of the $4,500 he stated at first because of $7,500 worth of student loans. When I told him I was not interested in the loan if it was for that much he began to try to ask if I knew anyone who would "gift" me the remaining balance... I quickly got offended due to the feeling of being baited and switched and looked to get a cosigner.

Even with the cosigner he attempted to get $7,500 for downpayment with a cosigner with 650 credit score... At this point I got in contact with another finance company... When I told Louis this he insulted me saying that maybe I was not ready to get a house due to the lack of desire coming up with an additional $3,000 as the originally stated price was and sent a letter stating insufficient funds because I informed him I was checking into another company with zero down potential or less than $4,000 down payment option... waste of time. Go with a credit union or another finance company.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

DO NOT USE Quicken Loans. What they do is bait you in with high promises of good interest rates and low monthly payments only to slowly gradually change the monthly payments later on in the process. Here's what happened to me: Quicken approached me offering to refinance my home loan. I told quicken that I don't think I can refinance because the value of the home is probably lower than what I owe due to the market bubble bursting. They claim to have done "research" that suggested that my house worth was about 50,000 more than what I owed, so we begin the process. We got about a week and a half into the process with me filling out all sorts of documents and providing all sorts of proof of employment, bank balance, property taxes payment etc. Then they had an appraiser come out.

Quicken then called me and said the appraisal report and said that my home worth was less than what I owe and that was determined based on sales in the surrounding area. I said to them that they should have done that same research about what was sold in the area before we started the loan because I originally told them that was the case. They said the numbers they pulled initially were incorrect. Basically they just baited me into the process thinking that the sheer momentum of the loan refinance process would cause me to go forward. I canceled the entire process so now I just have a pull on my credit for nothing. DO NOT USE THEM.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My husband and I were very hesitant to use Quicken after reading some reviews. I expressed my concerns to my loan team and let her know I really didn’t have that deposit money to lose. She understood and assured me no matter what my house appraised at that we would be able to refi and save money even if we didn’t pull any money out. Our home appraisal came in way over what we thought it would. We went ahead with the loan. Would recommend them highly.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I bought first house with iFreedom Direct. They never gave me any stress during loan process. I tried to buy second house with Quicken Loans. They told me I am pre-approved. I did all e-sign, did all their request. After they charged me $400 faith deposit whatever, they said they can't be sure I am approved. They request for more paper works and start to drag time while my apt lease time is right there. I didn't want to be homeless because of Quicken Loans slow job. So I quit loan with them. It was so unpleasant experience and no communication. Nothing. This is real harassment for disable veteran!!! Do not go to Quicken Loans for your mortgage. Waste time. PS: I never have to pay $400 in front with other mortgage companies!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

SCAM!!! I applied for a ML in May 2017. I was told I was pre-approved. My original mortgage lender agent assured me that everything was ok. Constantly, I sent him everything he requested. I questioned things that was not necessary. Such as, 2 years of bank statements versus having sending 2 years of W2's and my income taxes. He never submitted most of the paperwork. Every week he needed the same documents faxed or emailed; which was very costly to fax it.

Once the underwriters started processing, they asked for the same documents that were sent to him. I became furious. Quicken Loans must not be a real business. The processors were not organized. I had too many people working on my files, who could not and would not provide me with legitimate answers. Where are all the documents my agent received multiple times and why didn't the underwriters receive it? Excuses, lies, my $500 fees was not refunded. I continued to be passed until 5 different employees who were "processing" my loan. I was promised a quick closing, but the date was pushed back three times.

Eventually, a few days before closing, I was told they couldn't approve my mortgage loan. The agent called me from a number belonging to the original agent; saying he was not him. This new agent said I could not have any debt, whereas, my auto was the only debt, which was acceptable during the pre-approval stages. Reducing my other debt of less than $500 a few months before closings only to hear, I should not have any debt.

Whereas, I know people that have more debt than I did that were approved for mortgage loan with more than $15,0000 of debt; be approve for a home loan. The worst case scenario, I lost all the earnest money I put down on the home, the seller did not appreciate the back and forth closing date. That was the worst mortgage lending experience I ever had. They lied, mislead me and the Realtor Team that was assisting me. Quicken Loans need to be deeply investigated and forced by an attorney to pay back each and every person they mislead, misused and lied to; especially if they paid them money who did not get their loan approved after being told they would. That company should be closed down!

Quicken Loans Company Information

www.quickenloans.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use