2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.03/5

Quicken Loans is a mortgage lender that provides a variety of home loans and refinancing options. Quicken Loans has an online application process and provides services in all 50 states. It services 99% of the mortgages that you can apply for on its website.

Quicken Loans Reviews

Original review: May 16, 2020

They will not provide you estimate on rates for your loan unless they pull a credit report. I was just shopping for rates and was told pulling credit report is first step to their process of loan app.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I’ve owned several houses, refinanced houses and have used numerous mortgage companies. In 2018, I used Quicken to buy my home and was satisfied. A few months ago I refinanced and had a very bad experience. The initial disclosure was erroneous and I pointed that out. They supposedly corrected it subsequently but changed many of the numbers making the comparison confusing. Ultimately, I compared my new loan balance to my old balance and assumed the difference was my cost. It seemed like a good deal.

Later, when I called to find out why I did not get my escrow refund, I found that instead of refunding my old escrow they applied it to the principal balance so that my method of determining cost was not correct. I have never had an escrow balance applied to the principle in 40 years of buying and refinancing mortgages. They pulled a fast one and my cost was approximately double what I initially thought. Pretty sleazy I would say. If you use Quicken be very careful. I was not careful enough.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Misleading Information for 15 Years Mortgage. In short, A Quicken Loan agent called me on 12/17/2019. He told me that the mortgage interest rate for 30 years was 3.75%. I informed him that I wanted the 15 years mortgage loan. His answer was the interest rate would be 4.1% for the 15 years! I told him that the interest rate for 15 years must be less than it for the 30 years. He said that "If you took the 15 years mortgage, you would not take the privileges of the first time home buyers. So the mortgage interest rate would be 4.11%. But if you took the 30 years mortgage loan, you would be recognized as first time home buyer and the interest rate would be decreased to 3.75 per Freddie Mac."!

The agent tried his best to push me toward the 30 years mortgage loan. Actually he forced me to sign for 30 years mortgage when he gave me misleading information and offered higher interest rate for the 15 years than 30 years. I signed the Deposit Agreement for the loan and I paid $500.00 for the actual cost of my appraisal and credit report, because The agent gave me misleading information and force me to choose the 30 years mortgage loan.

I called Quicken Loan and I asked for new offer with competitive interest rate. A new agent gave me a lower interest rate, but it was not competitive interest rate again. I asked Quicken Loan to refund me $500.00, because I only made the agreement based on misleading information for the 15 year loan interest rate being over 4.1%! They refused to refund me any penny. I cancelled the pending mortgage loan for the 30 years. Unfortunately I waste me time and my money with Quicken Loan.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I encourage you to shop from a local mortgage company. Much better experience! Stay away from internet based mortgage companies. Very slow to respond to customer needs. They also charge more than anyone else..

Original review: May 12, 2020

After getting a quote, which included $1,240 in origination fees, I submitted an application. After I submitted all my docs and got preliminary approval, suddenly they wanted me to sign a new set of loan disclosures that included more than $6,000 in origination fees. When I asked them about the change, three different people up the chain acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, literally denying that anything had changed on the loan. Then when I told the last guy I was going to report them to the state AG, suddenly it was changed back to $1,250. Now they won't speak to me. Not great when you're trying to close a loan. I went elsewhere after dealing with this childish behavior for nearly four weeks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quicken Loans?

Original review: May 12, 2020

Please avoid this company at any cost. These are a bunch of crooks who try to trap you by running your credit before they give you any useful information. Closing costs are astronomically high. They just keep repeating they need to run your credit like a robot. They won't give you any advice or any basic information. So, if you are shopping around for a good deal from multiple lenders, avoid these guys and save some time.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Every client - every time. No exceptions. No excuses... More corporate b.s. ... Quicken cost me an extra 2K + while ** up my mortgage. I'm a very dis-satisfied Dis-abled Veteran. If not for a credit card I would've been living under a bridge!

Original review: May 11, 2020

Watch out. When you fill out an application online everyone and their brother calls you over and over and over and over none stop. This is way to much like vultures going after meet. Then you do call and start talking just trying to see if this is the route you want to go. They try to get you to give your social right off the bat. This lowers your score if Quicken is not the route you want to go. I want to know my options. I know my score. They should just give me what it looks like or could look like but not them. They just do not care. They want to go right for the kill. They say how awesome they are. I do not think so at all. I should hear options first knowing if information does not come back as I stated then it could change. All this should be done before they ask for my social. Just bad business all levels at this point.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Think a LONG time before you go to this company to submit a loan. The A/E out of Michigan has NO idea what he's talking about, which is not unusual for him, but what makes it unbearable are the lies. He only retracts his false answers after he receives proof we know he's lying, then if that isn't bad enough, makes up another lie. He seems like he's a girl, meaning, I thought he might cry when confronted with evidence after he'd lied. Very difficult to work with, then has a hissy fit when he's caught "stretching the truth". Like I said think a long time before you go to this company, if you try to talk to a manager, or a supervisor, it's like talking to the class dunce. A total waste of time, completely unprofessional behavior from all parties. Lying is NOT okay on the largest transaction most ever take part in.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Whatever you do don't make the mistake that my wife and I made in doing business with this dishonest company. They will change the terms of your loan during underwriting by switching you from one rep to another dept rep then delay coming up with one thing after another causing more delay -- what was supposed to be 1 month process turned into near over 3 months -- and zero transparency during every stage of underwriting because their lies and more lies just pile up each day that goes by -- and then they stick it to you during closing with exorbitant closing costs figuring you've invested so much time you won't back out. Watch out! Learn from our colossal mistake. Don't consider not even for a nano-second doing business with Quicken Loans aka Rocket Mortgage. They are bad news -- a company that cultivates a culture of chicanery in every dept and everything they do!

Quicken Loans Company Information