Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
1.00/5

portfoliorecovery.com

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

152 Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I am trying to purchase a house. I have all necessary documents except for one. I found out prior to our close that this was pulling up on my credit. I married this debt, but it was 700 dollars. I paid it in full the first time I saw it and then we paid the entire balance. It's been 4 months since then. I have not been able to receive a letter of satisfaction. This is now causing an issue with the completion of our home purchase. I have heard it's been escalated for the past two months. Now four months later I still can't get a real time frame for anything. This is ridiculous.

Original review: July 20, 2019

** they called from this number and change numbers every day. The debt was written off years ago. But they keep calling. I sought an attorney, used call blockers but they continue to call. I spoke with them and informed that debt was written off so they stop calling at 8 am. Now they call at 9 am. Once they sent me a fake court date to come to court.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 6, 2019

These people have been trying to contact a person who shares my name for the past six months regarding a Capital One debt. At first, I was nice and informed them that I believe they have the wrong person. I have no Capital One credit card on my credit report, and have never had any Capital One credit lines in my life. They asked if my date of birth was such and such. I told them NO. They asked if I lived at such and such address in South Carolina. I told them NO, I don't even know anyone who lives in South Carolina. They asked if the last 4 of my SSN was **, and I said NO. The only thing I have in common with the person who owes that debt is a VERY common name.

The woman I spoke with thanked me, and said they obviously had the wrong person. I thought this was settled. The calls stopped for 2 weeks, then started right back up. Same thing. Trying to collect the exact same debt. I told them again that they have the WRONG PERSON. They keep right on calling! This is harassment! This has been going on for SIX MONTHS! Sometimes they will call 2-3 times a day. Something needs to be done about this nonsense.

Original review: June 25, 2019

Letter to my father to collect a 3.7k debt from Capital One. My mother received a letter stating that my father had an outstanding balance and now into collection. My father passed away 30 years ago and this debt was acquired in 1999 and it went awry in 2003. I have had a call on my cellphone...I do not owe this bogus debt? They said that legal proceedings? Today again, spoke to a rep and they said they will notate this. This company is a predator, the debt occurred after my father passed, they call people who do not have the debt, they threaten with legal action. How do we report to the Better Business Bureau and spread the word.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Portfolio Recovery continues to break Federal Law and engage in criminal business practices which resulted in their being found guilty and fined by the United State Federal Govt. In our experience, this criminal enterprise sent a single notice of claiming ownership of an account in our name that never existed and was disputed several times with the claimed creditor they purchased the account from. They, then, proceeded to file a lawsuit seeking the amount claimed was owed and fees. Even after disputing this with them, they then threatened to garnish wages, seize vehicles, and any valuable property they could to satisfy a $1100 debt account that was not ours to begin with. Needless to say, the process is still ongoing with complaints filed with the federal government and NASDAQ exchange that this publicly traded company is a member of and traded on.

From the CEO right on down to the shareholders, paralegals, customer service reps, and their representing lawyers, the first instance of breaking federal law and preying on the American people didn't seem to get their attention or change their behavior. In fact, their entire so-called business model is predicated on parasitism and predation - siphoning what little assets and wealth the poor have into the hands of parasites who serve no function or purpose in society other than to attack and feed on it. It should be safe to say that far more stringent and exacting legal consequences will now be coming to this group of criminals and predators. Things will move beyond fines. Keep watch. The investigation is ongoing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC?

Original review: June 1, 2019

I recently decided to check my credit and had some collections from a few years back after a job loss. I called Portfolio and they agreed to a paid in full settlement. I paid the agreed amount immediately over the phone. They only deducted the amount I paid and it’s still on my report. It’s only 121$. I would have paid it all had I know. GET THINGS IN WRITING FROM THESE LIARS.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I in bankruptcy due to Toyota and a really bad car deal that went very sideways then to find out that Ally sold my cars to Portfolio Recovery Assets LLC that treating me like crap on the phone and disrespected me then 2 days before they start to procedures to repossess the vehicle due to no proof of insurance but I had insurance on the car since I bought them so this has been hell dealing with this company and with Ally not telling me any about selling the accounts I think it's BS cause I signed contract with Ally not this crap company so I hope someone from corporate call me to make this right.

Original review: May 20, 2019

This company is calling me multiple times a day. They are calling my office, my cell phone and my former mother-in-law's home. They call from different numbers every time. This is over some socks that I ordered from KingSize Direct that I was dissatisfied with and the company would do nothing about my complaint so I never paid for them and threw them away. Now I have this company harassing me multiple times on a daily basis. Multiple times per day even on holidays and at former relatives' homes. This is absolutely ridiculous. Now it's on my credit report hurting my credit. How is this even legal? By the way they are stating that I owe more than $450.00 when the socks I ordered were $136.00.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I had an account with American Express that disputed on the merits of its written contractual basis but it was still sent to various collection agencies (at the same time) including Portfolio Recovery Associates. Despite the passage of well more than 10 years they still call and annoy me at various times of the day and even late at night and as early as 6:30 A.M.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Portfolio Recovery has been calling my house on a daily basis two-three times a day. On a different number every time they call. I don't pick up my house phone. When I do pick up their call ask them what is it regarding to. They won't tell me. They ask for my husband. When I met my husband 10 yrs ago yes he has some debt. But now he has an excellent credit. Between the two of us. We have over 100,000 in credit line. Do we looks like someone that would owe debt? Stop your ** nonsense robot calling and harassment. Thank you very much!

Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC Company Information