1.35/5
Based on 60 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

62 World Finance Corporation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 24, 2018

For several years I have been an on time loan customer paying nearly $200 a month to World Finance. I should have questioned my instincts when the LOAN OFFICER SUGGESTED DOCTORING PAPERWORK TO GET APPROVAL. However, I was backed into a position that I needed the cash. The knowledge that most of their applicants are in 'some type of need' puts the practice of allowing 'wink wink' documents as federally illegal. It is also a practice of coercion, to get people to sign loan documents for which they are desperate to obtain funds at extreme interest rates. Also federally illegal. But I digress.

Needless, I for several years obliged by the terms. Near the end of my loan I fell seriously ill. Yes, I did get behind. I am, however, making regular payments now, though they have been informed I am still unwell. These payments overall, have been adding up to approx. $200 a month. I now owe $580 on the loan. During the last few months, I have made regular payments. During the last few months.

World Finance Corporation of Martinsville, Indiana has called me numerous times. Too many to count. I have specifically asked all the employees to STOP CALLING. It continues. Tim the manager calls and I tell him, "Do not call me!" I hang up, and not 5 seconds go by and he is calling back... THIS IS HARASSMENT. When I then make an important choice to block their number - they start calling my work. Why? I have told them how sick I am. That I am laid up and paying when I can. Even with that information they are getting their $200 a month. AGAIN - WHY ARE THEY HARASSING ME? Now that I owe so little on the loan, nearly 2 1/2 payments... WHY NOW??! Are they calling my mother?? My aunt??? My ex-mother-in-law?? WHY HAVE THEY STARTED STALKING ME?

I got on the phone and I meant it when I said they better never call me or any of my family again. When I called their home office in NC they seemed shocked and genuinely concerned, said they would have someone call. OH YOU CAN BET THEY DID!!! They had Pettyjohn from the Bloomington, IN office call me on his personal phone and threaten me. When all along I have been a great customer, nearly paid off multiple loans with them... and after explaining I am sick on bedrest ill, and STILL making payments. This company which violated federal laws when originating the loans, now violates more federal laws from moving from a simple phone call to federally violating stalking laws and harassing people. DO NOT GET MIXED UP WITH THESE PREDATORY LENDERS AND LOAN SHARKS.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I took out a loan with this company due to the fact I fell short of cash after being on sick leave. Listening to one of my friends >> I shouldn't have and they approved me for a $1200 loan. I fell behind on my payments and when I spoke to one of associates in the Pontiac, IL office, she noted my account that I would be making a payment. The manager in the Matteson, IL office ignored the notes on the account and went ahead and send a wage garnishment to my employer.

These people does not know what the other are doing, so after a lengthly conversation with the Matteson, IL manager she stated I had to pay $500 to stop the garnishment and she went ahead anyway and sent the wage garnishment to my job. What a piece of **. She ignored the payment arrangement and decided to go ahead and send over the wage garnishment. Then I was told I had to physically come in and make the payment >> WHY. A payment is a payment. This place is stupid and they are crooks. The Matteson office can't keep employees in that office and no one knows what they are doing.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I've been a customer for 8 years. Yesterday I made a payment and asked where I was at because I was thinking of taking a vacation in a few months. Told me I should be fine and reminded me I was available for a 1000 dollar increase if I needed money sooner. Last night my mother's twin brother passed away. So with having to travel from Missouri to Texas with taking off work that 1000 that was available was a godsend. Until I went to borrow and manager of Grandview MO branch said it wasn't available. Not sure how computer says it's there one day but not the next. Why blatantly lie to your customers who have been in good standing for 8 years??

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I had my taxes prepared recently at World Finance in Waxahachie TX. I could have done them myself, but I have a vacation to Mexico planned and wanted to be sure and have my return deposited and accessible before I left. I specifically asked what the charges were, and was told $79 for two w-2 forms. I also had some mileage deductions to consider, and asked if it would cost extra. The answer I received was no, it shouldn't affect the charges.

When we were through, she told me that my charges would be deducted from my refund. When I got my check, they had billed me for $219 for two w-2's. That's $140 more than what I was told it would be. When I pointed this out, the lady said "yea, I saw that this morning, and was wondering why". I reminded her of our discussion, and what she had quoted me, to which she replied "I should have checked it better before I sent it off". So basically, the manager of this World Finance location lied to me, and I got robbed of $140, which she said that there was nothing could be done about it... kinda like "oh well!"

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I've been a customer with the company for almost five years at the branch of Alexandria, LA and I can safely say that I have had the most wonderful experience being a customer of theirs and hope to be one in the future as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Finance Corporation?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I was approved for a loan, and I went down to the Piedmont location to submit my documents. The employee (Tanya) and her manager are really two of the dumbest people I have ever met. Tanya took a look at my pay-stubs and apparently could not understand simple arithmetic. She claimed my pay-stub amount was incorrect and for that reason, she would not be able to proceed with my loan. She showed my stubs to her manager, who also was too dumb to realize that the math added up. I handle two separate accounts for one corporation, and therefore I receive two different pay-stubs. I explained this to her manager, and to my amazement she still couldn't wrap her tiny brain around this simple fact. I think I am actually more annoyed at how stupid they are, rather than the fact that I wasted my time driving down there and did not get the loan I was approved for.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Worse place to get a loan. Went in and loan was ready but social security card has my maiden name and driver's license has my maiden and married name. They wouldn't take it. Never had problems but today. They were rude as hell. Never will I recommend them to nobody. This was in Chesnee, SC.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

So far I have been very pleased with World Finance. They have helped me with a couple of small loans. Their payment option is low and manageable and every time I have gone in to see them I was greeted well and made to feel welcome.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

This place is a joke. I have been waiting for over a week for a response on my approval status. Every time I call to see if I'm approved I'm told that I will receive a callback later on that day or the next day. Not to mention when I went into the office to fill out my paperwork I was told that I would hear back from someone later that day. Just full of lies and excuses. I don't recommend this place to anyone that is in need of a loan for an emergency. Not surprised why the ranking is so low. 1.3 overall.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I was close to paying my loan off a few months back. I owed less than 1,000 when I lost my job. I called to let them know I may be a few days late. Waiting on my last check. I was told I physically had to come in and talk to them. And was forced into re financing my loan. After I told them I did not want to. I was told it was either that or they would confiscate my valuables. Now I'm back to owing 2,000 on a 1300 loan. When if they would have waited a few days I possibly could have it paid off by now.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I had a ray of hope when I was told "Your loan is approved." Day 1 I had award letter downloaded on my cell phone and thought they would use their email to pull it and print it; my printer was out of whack and that was one of the reasons I wanted the extra $. Stated they weren't able to do. I went to my apartment office and they printed the letter. Day 2 went back... mind you it's 98-101 degrees in the Dallas, TX area. I'm walking back and forth, I ride public transportation and, I was happy that I now had the award letter, and all other essentials necessary. DUMB as DIRT staff couldn't wrap their heads around the printed letter that had July 20th date but reflected my 2 diff incomes.

Since Social Security mandate that online account created, that's what I do to save time sitting at SSA office. DUMB as DIRT staff didn't care that the letter showed July 20, 2017, that it said as of Dec. 2016 this amount and at bottom another date showing other amount. So long story short they said "No we can show you what award letter look like… dah, dah, dah." I was so livid that I wanted to hop across counter and slam dunk 'em. So after 2 days of trips I was still being messed around and I was sick of them. So I scheduled my para-transit to pick me up on Mon. 07/24 from SSA office and transport me to their office. But my HEAVENLY FATHER told me to send out a message to everyone (text) asking for $25 until loan received Monday... will repay. Within one hour I had $240 and the loan was for $256. I NO LONGER NEEDED A LOAN AND THANK GOD DIDN'T NEED TO LOOK AT THOSE SILLY, DUMB BUTT STAFF FACES.

Original review: May 3, 2017

World Finance tells the client that INSURANCE IS REQUIRED on the loan which is tacked onto the amount which is UNGODLY and almost doubles and/or triples the loan amount!!! They tell you that it is required, however, the back of the contract shows it is NOT MANDATORY!! When I inquired about it, they said it is mandatory to carry it which is not what the contract says. I had a 3 week medical leave without pay from my employer in which that insurance should've covered the monthly payment so as not to create a hardship. The Ringgold office knew I was on medical leave, but never initiated offering for the so called REQUIRED insurance that they tacked onto my loan to cover that month's payment. Instead they chose to harass me over it knowing that I had no income coming in for 3 weeks. Clients are being required to pay for insurance which does them absolutely no good during a hardship.

Original review: April 29, 2017

First let me start by saying that I've had my car financed with World Finance since June 2013 and I've always either made double payments, paid early, or been on time with my payments. Well with an interest rate of 42% it's made it difficult for me to pay the load off completely. The vehicle financed through them is a 2005 with very high mileage and is falling apart. So about a month ago I purchased a brand new vehicle from a dealership and have lower interest and the same payment. In this month I've been in contact with them and have been trying to sell it to my mother (who I can't lie has been dragging her feet). However it's been 1 MONTH!

The girls in the Imperial office have been calling my phone several times a day and my place of business which I asked them nicely not to do. Well this morning I received a call from the Festus office and told the woman the situation and that my mother would be there Monday to make the payment since she is driving and purchasing it. Then 15 minutes later I get a call from the Imperial location and a woman named MINDY was beyond rude from the moment I answered the phone. I told her I had already talked to someone and proceeded to tell the story ONCE AGAIN! She began shouting at me and threatening me to the point I was disgusted at the lack of professionalism when the ENTIRE time she was threatening and carrying on. I TOLD her at least 3 times I would just make a payment over the phone NOW.

Like I said I've been a customer for a while and I thought I was a valued customer and have sent friends and family there the entire time. I've been in business with them. About 4 months ago the GM, Kevin, left the Imperial location and since then it has been an awful place to work with. The girls in the office are petty and rude. Always gossiping about customers in front of other customers and ignoring people waiting to make a payment while they play on Facebook. It's ridiculous. Once I am done with this loan I WILL NEVER EVER EVER do business with them again and I will make sure to tell everyone I meet to stay as far away from them as possible. I'm very upset with the company as a whole. You don't treat people like that and you sure as hell don't keep customers like that. Time to re-evaluate your hiring process World Finance. You just lost a lot of business. 1 star is too much.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I have received calls from employees at the World Finance Company in Savannah with wrong information. My account has been mixed up at least twice with other customers. They took someone else's money and put it on my account and then I was told today that I came in the office and renewed my loan when all I did was make a payment. I am also being told that I need to pay late fees that I already paid and was told that I did not have any more, I get a call today saying that I have three. I will never do business and or recommend this company to anyone. Lastly, the employee was extremely rude to me and was having a shouting match with me over the phone threatening to report to the credit bureau.

Original review: March 20, 2017

Went in to pay my loan, employee, fairly new, extremely rude. They call your house even if your grace period is not up, and I even phoned them after the 10th to let them know I'd have it paid by the 20th, the end of our grace period. Last month I paid with cash, the employee was to give me 2 separate receipts because one was for $2 that I paid on the one late fee, which this is the 1st time we were late. Gave the guy $100 and he gives me one receipt back for $2, not the hundred. I caught it when I got outside, went back in and the guy looked shocked. I do believe he was going to take that bill.

The same employee is the one who was extremely rude and gave me dirty looks the whole time I was in there, and there was a customer in there the whole time! Well, needless to say, after we pay off this $500, they will not get any of our business again. This is our 2nd loan with World Finance and our last. Beware consumers. DO NOT do any business with the one on 10th Street here in Jeffersonville Indiana!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

I've dealt with this place for many years but never tried their tax services. I was in office to handle business regarding my loan and the branch manager asked if I wanted to do my taxes and told me I can get a check that day for 1500. Ok... I told her this is too good to be true and she replied "yes you can, you have your w2s." And I did. We start the process didn't take very long at first. But what I am PISSED off about is that no I didn't leave that day with a check for 1500. This lady straight mislead me into doing my taxes with them at a high charge but you are thinking you will get the 1500 with 0 interest rate. But the catch is they send your taxes to the IRS but in order for World Finance to cut the check the IRS have to accept your taxes. That's a bunch of BS. I'm thinking once they send the taxes not actually accepting. So she tells me 15 mins. to see if I owe any back taxes etc. Running game. Lol. Then she will cut me a check.

Long story I went home. I was tired. She said she would call. Never did call. I called her back and of course I'm argumentative "you told me 15 min. blah blah." Then I hit her with "I knew better than that it takes the IRS about 21 days or less to actually ACCEPT your Tax return then usually short after that you get your refund so why I fell for this bs is beyond me." She said "the IRS are accepting returns." Lmao... Dummy me. Looking at the money.

Another thing I kept asking her in office was if my refund will be deposited into my account. She said no the check will come to them. But when I looked at all the paperwork at home you do not have to have your refund coming to them. They say that so they can ensure they get the money 1500 that you don't walk out with that day... If you reading this please look over the paperwork before signing because I didn't. She made me electronic sign once taxes was sent and didn't even go over any of the paperwork. She told me Monday for the 1500 but I doubt it. I'm highly upset but this too shall pass.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I received a flyer in the mail from World Finance that had me believing that I could get a loan very easily. I filled out an online app and did not get a response so I went into the office and did an app with one of the employees. She did not tell me that they do a hard credit check until she finished the app. She then asked me how much I wanted to borrow. She told me that they would call me within an hour to let me know if I was approved or denied. I waited 3 days before I finally called them and she told me that I was denied. I feel like this is a very unprofessional company. They gave my brother in law a loan and his credit is messed up and he has not paid them a dime. And he said he doesn't plan to either. I also have read most of the reviews on this company and they suggest that this company is not a good place to get a loan from anyway. I am sort of glad that they turned me down.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

If there is ever a class action suit on them I am in. I fell behind on payments and they continuously came to my house and harassed my son who is special needs while I was not at home and had a sheriff served him, not me while I was at work, which I feel is somehow illegal. I accept responsibility for falling behind and recently paid them off through a garnishment, thank the lord, however, the way they came to my home was a HUGE chance they were taking especially since my house was broken into and I did not know who they were immediately.

I also stopped paying by check by putting them through their door slot. My checking account was somehow compromised and there are only one or two places that I use checks for. I'm not accusing them directly, but their payment doors leave it where someone can swipe the check from inside the door. I haven't checked lately, so hopefully they changed their policy. You fall behind and yet they still try to have you come in and pay a certain amount and refinance. Do not borrow from them.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

First I'd like it impressed that I've never been late on my loan payment, so I have no complaints there. My complaint is in their shark tactics for getting the unsuspecting person stuck in revolving debt. Every time I make a payment they do anything they can to talk me into adding to the already existing debt. When I declined this past time and asked for the pay off they said "Well we hope you won't do that" and got snarky. Listen...you guys pay it off, get yourself out of debt and don't use them out of desperation if you don't have to. And please don't fall into any traps. It's easy to do. Keep your receipts, pay on time and don't add any more debt from them.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

After the process of the application and I was told that I was approved. Was advised to bring in documents which I complied to. Then I was told that because my bank statement did not have my name on it I was turned down after the reps eye balled all my documents. I don't if they were expecting some different or what. But I glad they turned me down. Now I have saved myself some money, plus I have excellent payment history no missed payments or late payments in over 5 years.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Colonial Finance on Lomas Ave. Ne turn into World Finance at Eubank Ne and at all Credit boroughs still showing as a Colonial Finance messing up my credit. Why can't they change it? Bad business!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

I first went to this company as many do, to catch up. I fell behind. I asked if they would take payments each paycheck. "NO" is all I got. I couldn't make the payments they suggested that I renew, so I did. I went to school and lost my job at the same time and yet again was not able to make the full payment yet again they would not work with me. Now I got a legal notice and they are going to garnish my wages. If they would have worked with me they would have received more than my payment was each month by working with me. Now I don't have enough money to pay my basic needs like electric, gas to get to work or even food.

Thanks to this company I am worse off - financially worse off. The manager is very rude along with the other employees, call all day every day when they know I work night and not able to answer the phone. They even contacted my new place of employment where we are not to get personal phone calls. This is the worst service I have ever worked with, so unprofessional. Please think twice before getting a loan from there.

Original review: April 21, 2016

I was introduced about World Financial Group from a good friend of mine. I was able to learn how to cut the expenses, save money and build the financial foundation. I graduated one of the top school in U.S. However the college never taught me how to manage my own finances. That is why middle class continue to struggle. I see some of the complaints from other people however I disagree them. It is always depends on people who explains about the finance concept. Their Financial Literacy Education Campaign is the best ever! No other industries can beat it. If you do not believe it, you should check out their "Saving your Future" book from World System Builder. Please look at the facts first before starting complaints. Lots of people barely have anything to do but write a bad review behind the curtain without knowing the fact.

Original review: March 17, 2016

Tax Year 2015 I got my taxes done at World Finance to pay off a loan that I previously had through them with the 0% interest rate on the $1,500 advancement they offer. This advancement the same day that your return is accepted by IRS. However I have waited 21 days and no return, so I called IRS to find out that they failed to send the form 1095-a which is the health care form. I took the form back to them, they sent it again to a number that their tax professionals told them to send it to. I told them that the IRS told me to send it to the one that was on the letter when I got it. They assured me that their tax professionals knew what they were doing so four weeks later I call the IRS to find out the status. I find out they have never received the forms so in all I am waiting seven weeks now just to start my six to eight weeks all over again.

I called and talked to the vice president who informed me that there is nothing they can do, that they have done everything on their end and then they had not done nothing wrong. When I talked to a local supervisor she told me it was my responsibility to bring in and make sure the form was sent. However paying $386 I would think that it would be their responsibility. They don't seem to think this way. When they need their money they will go to extreme lengths to get it calling your phone every day, calling your friends and family, coming by your house, but yet when you want your money there's nothing they can do.

Original review: March 11, 2016

I went to World Finance Corp. this morning for taxes. I have lost everything the past few years and still in process of getting my ID's. I was dealing with a lady at the front desk when she asked for my ID so I give her my SS card. She then asked for ID. I told her my TDL is expired. This guy at a desk in the back overheard and said "We don't take expired IDs so just go find somewhere else"! Very rudely said! I'm not accusing, but being the only ** person in there, I felt as this was somewhat of a racist act! Instead of being nice and trying to help, that's the treatment I received from this place! This is the office at 6500 North Few in Houston, Tx! I hope this comment gets to them real soon!

Original review: March 2, 2016

We have got a loan for Christmas. Paid it back, it was for collateral. I asked if they wanted my first born. "Seriously." But #1 customer, great standing letters coming 3x a week. Then due to health issues took out a title loan, they took my new title & my chipped key, they sent my title in, got a call from Lisa my insurance agent telling me that my "custom" truck she had a new title saying it was (salvaged) told me to look into it. I went back to "WF". Told her I needed a copy of my title, after a big nasty argument including me saying I'm calling the police & her calling her mngr, I finally get the copy & sure enough it was in the top corner "salvaged", then we had to take chapter 13.

To my surprise it was paid off really quick! So I took the paper from the state proving it was paid off, got every excuse in the book, "My 'mngr' is looking into it, it's not on our books," on & on. Then today my husband got off early, I had requested another chapter 13 letter, he went down there today (I have been fighting them over a year). She had my husband sign a paper & said "Have your wife call me with the VIN # & I will get a title for you. She can come pick it up." He asked "Why don't you get out of the chair you're so firmly planted in, go to the file cabinet & get my title & key & I will be on my way!" She replied "They are not here." It's been over a year. He said that I have been fighting you that long to get it back!! He asked "Where do they go? That's a $225.00 dollar key!!!" She replied "Sir I don't know, don't have any clue!!" But I'm working on getting my "original" title myself & working on finding out where my key is!!

At the least, they are going to make me another key!! But I understand what each & every one of you are saying & the rates have went up again, they charge the highest rates allowed by law! And I wouldn't send my worst enemy there.:( Run, run, run!!! The "mngrs" do act like it's their money, maybe it is & they are legal loan sharks. Just say no!! If anyone knows the corporate address or phone # please let me know, or a local lawyer that can help me get a key made from them. I would surely appreciate it! Good luck & stay away from World Finance for any kind of loan!!! And my "loan officer" was a tax preparer & things were so slow.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2016

I went to them to buy a RV, I was $4000 short. They wanted me to sign over my $21,000 Toyota Camry 7000 Chevy truck, plus they would hold the title to the camper, plus sign over my old RV. Then they wanted the deed to my farm, plus my wife as a cosigner. I got only one thing to say about this. It's a good thing I didn't want $5000. I would hate to give them my kids & pets too.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2015

I recently had some health issues, I am on disability and am about 4 months behind on my payment. I first took a loan out with them several years ago and paid the loan off and renewed the loan, paid off and took another loan out several times. I was in good standing with them until this point. I am curious as to what will happen to me. I contacted them a while back and told them I couldn't afford to pay the payment could they take half. They said no but they could renew. So now I'm back at over 1,000 to pay off and still not enough to make the full payment. I don't know what to do. JUAN if you are out there please advise me of my options. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2015

At first the Lawrenceville location seemed ideal to borrow from. However, my thoughts regarding this soon changed. Even after you let them know when you are coming in to pay they constantly call from different numbers, and act like they did not know you just talked to them that same day! They harass people! Meanwhile, I was late 2 times but ended up paying off the full amount of the loan and they still put a negative comment on my credit. So even if you pay them off and satisfy the loan and close the account they will add negative information about you on your credit (after the account closes paid in full)!!

Just out of curiosity, I tried to borrow a small amount from them for a friend. They told me, "oh, we cannot loan to you ever again because you paid us late once." I said, "that is dumb. I paid you guys off completely." They were like, "oh you have to wait a few months and maybe we will be able to." C'mon now... I was better off not paying them at all if you ask me since they still made my credit look bad with the negative comment posted there.

I would have never knew that comment was on there if I did not sign up to check my credit and information. They are full of crap and I hope they go out of business! I really do not wish bad things on people but I really despise that I even went there to begin with. I am disputing that comment on my credit as we speak!! Meanwhile I borrowed $220 from them to go out of town for a funeral and ended up having to pay them back minimum 450 off the rip. I wish I just borrowed from a friend... Do not go there!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2015

I swore I never would borrow money there again. However that was before my tooth broke. I had not missed a payment. I went in and they had the loan ready and I got the money. A few days later after my emergency dental work, I began to go over the loan and realized that if they could add any and all insurance to the loan, they did. I borrowed the least amount of dollars and by the time they added interest to this my payment was 97.00 for 10 months. My prior loan was over 800.00 for 10 months, but due to the ungodly pain I took the money and went to the dentist.

As I read my contract I realized how I had been taken advantage of. As I read it stated I had 30 days to change the numerous add on to loan. I called a week after and stated I had went over my loan contract and would like to come in and change the unnecessary charges. I was told the manager there was at another office, but she would put a note on her desk. I waited for call, so I phoned again and was told they could not change it and I read her what the contract stated and she said "well if something happened to my vehicle the vehicle and loan would be paid." I told her "my car was paid for and I had so much life insurance already on me". What they were charging me was so minute it was so inconceivable to add that. I was told to just make the payment due in a few days and goodbye.

The prior note was never late, due to them being on xmas holiday and out due to snow. When they finally put payment in computer, they did not look at the date the check was put in drop box, so they charged me a late charge. I paid what they ask, so a few months later on my last payment I put.10.00 over to see if your company was as honest as me. I never received a check for paying too much. Why they think someone down on their luck and rebuilding a good credit score again would have to endure this kind of loan shark behavior. I showed my character and they showed me World Finance character (as they represent you). If they do not know how to go by your contractual laws, why are they working there. If I could have had the time and due to the fact I had a toothache, I would not have ever went there.

World Finance Corporation Company Information