Find a Debt Collection Agencies partner

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

World Finance Corporation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Finance Corporation?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Finance Corporation?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I began dealing with WF when it first came into our small town of Carthage MS. I have ALWAYS paid my loans off early. In August 2019, I had some financial issues and got behind on payments. I paid my loan off even though I was behind. I received a phone call asking if I need some cash and Lord knows I did. I did the application, only for them to deny me based on 1 bad payment history. They overlooked past countless times of early payoff. I am disappointed and hurt because I need the loan and I was depending on them since they called me. I don't want them to ever contact me again. Please don't ever get in a financial bind and miss payments because they will blackball you.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I received a loan from this company back in October 2019. I then was laid off in November 2019. I told them this and they were at first compassionate. Until January 2020 they reported negative remarks on my credit reports and have threatened me over the phone. Branch Manager Maggie began to yell at me and told me I was to call her everyday or else! They have no compassion or manners!

Get buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I've had 16 loans through this company over roughly 10 years. Every loan paid off early, every early payoff resulted in a large drop in interest. This last loan I took was for 1996, full term interest would be 2772 payout. I paid the loan off in 11 months (rather than the full term) and they knocked off 70. Do the math. Roughly 26% interest on a loan paid out 7 months early resulted in paying 2702? I brought this to her attention and she swore to be damned I'm wrong. I'll never do business with them again. This is robbery! I'll be calling corporate this afternoon and if monetary reimbursement is refused, my next call will be to my attorney.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

In 2005 I had a tooth pulled which developed into an infection in my gum. Unfortunately that infection traveled around my head and stopped right on my brain stem which caused me to have a stroke and paralyzed the complete right side of my body. The doctors told me that due to the fact I have scar tissue and shadows on my brain stem from the infection I was very susceptible to having another stroke. Well 14 years later I needed another tooth pulled and it was going to cost me over $200. I didn't have it at the time and I was worried to death because it was a life-or-death situation for me. I called all over trying to get a loan to pay for this dental work and no one would give me a loan.

Finally I called World Finance on Perrin Beitel to see if I could add to the loan I already had with them. I spoke with Joselyn there at World Finance and explained to her my situation. She asked me to call her back in about 15 minutes and I did. She told me that my loan was approved and I was overjoyed at the fact that I knew I had a chance to live without having another stroke. I truly believe that World Finance saved my life. I will never go to any other Finance Company but world because of their caring and wonderful customer service. I especially I want to thank Joselyn for help in me obtaining a loan and understanding my situation. You guys at World Finance are wonderful life savers. Thank you again.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

This is the message I sent them today. NASTY PEOPLE. I am extremely upset with your Russellville ky store. I walked in with my service dog and the manager was extremely rude telling me that you have a strict rule of no dogs service related or not. This is against the law as service dogs that are certified can go anywhere the owner goes. (My dogs certification is 122176). She tried telling me it was because if someone came into the location and had an allergic reaction World Finance would be liable. This is incorrect. Now I am an honest person and admit that on this day he did not have his service collar on as it was left in a car broken down 20 miles away and at a shop, however I offered to show her his certification. She refused. I would like for the main corporate office to please inform her of the laws governing service dogs.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I never seeked to do business with this company, but they acquired the local loan company I have been doing business with years without problems. One day I begin receiving phone messages (up to 5 per day; home, work and mobile) to call World Finance. Of course, I am thinking it's a scam and why are these people contacting me? AFTER receiving these calls for 12 days and receiving 16 (YES-16!) letters, I finally received one saying they had purchased my original loan company. Mind you, they have been adding late fees even before they informed me I had been "acquired" by them. I make payments online and keep the local office informed of when to expect my payments, etc as I am a stage 3 cancer patient.

I have been harassed by these people for 4 months now. I have requested they cease contact under my debtor rights against harassment since I am, in fact, sending regular payments and they have not slowed down, they have started calling more! If you want to know what kind of company this is, look at their creator as shown on Wikipedia.. They are not even BBB accredited anymore due to unresolved complaints. ANY company is better than this one. Do your research prior to becoming a client of theirs and pray you do not get "acquired" by them if you have a loan somewhere else!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I went to the location on Keystone. Portia and the rest of the staff was very knowledgeable and helpful in assisting me with obtaining a loan. I would definitely recommend them. I felt comfortable and relaxed. They are GREAT!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Most professional and knowledgeable staff, in all my experience; also office personnel much like family atmosphere.... I have been a loyal, very satisfied customer for over 20 years, quite impressive. If you need help with a loan or your taxes then without hesitation you must connect with World Finance Corporation.... CAMERON of Hendersonville????

Original review: July 31, 2019

I just finished reading all the reviews on this company and noticed they were all out of state (TN here). The World Finance here in Dyersburg is wonderful! They're very professional and efficient whenever I call them with a question. I guess everyone needs a Dyersburg store so they'd experience the same greatness.

Original review: July 24, 2019

Never deal with them. Wanted a loan for 4,000 for a 6,000 trailer. They wanted that title plus my car title. Jumped thru all the hoops then deal went to hell after the man I was buying the race car training for fax them copy of title it was from Illinois. I live in Mo. They won’t do it. My question why no answer. This is a week of wait for answer of loan. They are useless and don’t waste your time. Find a good company. They are not the one. They will waste time, want a arm and leg and do nothing. Good luck. And don’t use them.

World Finance Corporation Company Information