1.27/5
Based on 51 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

World Finance Corporation

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 24, 2017

53 World Finance Corporation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I was close to paying my loan off a few months back. I owed less than 1,000 when I lost my job. I called to let them know I may be a few days late. Waiting on my last check. I was told I physically had to come in and talk to them. And was forced into re financing my loan. After I told them I did not want to. I was told it was either that or they would confiscate my valuables. Now I'm back to owing 2,000 on a 1300 loan. When if they would have waited a few days I possibly could have it paid off by now.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I had a ray of hope when I was told "Your loan is approved." Day 1 I had award letter downloaded on my cell phone and thought they would use their email to pull it and print it; my printer was out of whack and that was one of the reasons I wanted the extra $. Stated they weren't able to do. I went to my apartment office and they printed the letter. Day 2 went back... mind you it's 98-101 degrees in the Dallas, TX area. I'm walking back and forth, I ride public transportation and, I was happy that I now had the award letter, and all other essentials necessary. DUMB as DIRT staff couldn't wrap their heads around the printed letter that had July 20th date but reflected my 2 diff incomes.

Since Social Security mandate that online account created, that's what I do to save time sitting at SSA office. DUMB as DIRT staff didn't care that the letter showed July 20, 2017, that it said as of Dec. 2016 this amount and at bottom another date showing other amount. So long story short they said "No we can show you what award letter look likeā€¦ dah, dah, dah." I was so livid that I wanted to hop across counter and slam dunk 'em. So after 2 days of trips I was still being messed around and I was sick of them. So I scheduled my para-transit to pick me up on Mon. 07/24 from SSA office and transport me to their office. But my HEAVENLY FATHER told me to send out a message to everyone (text) asking for $25 until loan received Monday... will repay. Within one hour I had $240 and the loan was for $256. I NO LONGER NEEDED A LOAN AND THANK GOD DIDN'T NEED TO LOOK AT THOSE SILLY, DUMB BUTT STAFF FACES.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: May 3, 2017

World Finance tells the client that INSURANCE IS REQUIRED on the loan which is tacked onto the amount which is UNGODLY and almost doubles and/or triples the loan amount!!! They tell you that it is required, however, the back of the contract shows it is NOT MANDATORY!! When I inquired about it, they said it is mandatory to carry it which is not what the contract says. I had a 3 week medical leave without pay from my employer in which that insurance should've covered the monthly payment so as not to create a hardship. The Ringgold office knew I was on medical leave, but never initiated offering for the so called REQUIRED insurance that they tacked onto my loan to cover that month's payment. Instead they chose to harass me over it knowing that I had no income coming in for 3 weeks. Clients are being required to pay for insurance which does them absolutely no good during a hardship.

Original review: April 29, 2017

First let me start by saying that I've had my car financed with World Finance since June 2013 and I've always either made double payments, paid early, or been on time with my payments. Well with an interest rate of 42% it's made it difficult for me to pay the load off completely. The vehicle financed through them is a 2005 with very high mileage and is falling apart. So about a month ago I purchased a brand new vehicle from a dealership and have lower interest and the same payment. In this month I've been in contact with them and have been trying to sell it to my mother (who I can't lie has been dragging her feet). However it's been 1 MONTH!

The girls in the Imperial office have been calling my phone several times a day and my place of business which I asked them nicely not to do. Well this morning I received a call from the Festus office and told the woman the situation and that my mother would be there Monday to make the payment since she is driving and purchasing it. Then 15 minutes later I get a call from the Imperial location and a woman named MINDY was beyond rude from the moment I answered the phone. I told her I had already talked to someone and proceeded to tell the story ONCE AGAIN! She began shouting at me and threatening me to the point I was disgusted at the lack of professionalism when the ENTIRE time she was threatening and carrying on. I TOLD her at least 3 times I would just make a payment over the phone NOW.

Like I said I've been a customer for a while and I thought I was a valued customer and have sent friends and family there the entire time. I've been in business with them. About 4 months ago the GM, Kevin, left the Imperial location and since then it has been an awful place to work with. The girls in the office are petty and rude. Always gossiping about customers in front of other customers and ignoring people waiting to make a payment while they play on Facebook. It's ridiculous. Once I am done with this loan I WILL NEVER EVER EVER do business with them again and I will make sure to tell everyone I meet to stay as far away from them as possible. I'm very upset with the company as a whole. You don't treat people like that and you sure as hell don't keep customers like that. Time to re-evaluate your hiring process World Finance. You just lost a lot of business. 1 star is too much.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I have received calls from employees at the World Finance Company in Savannah with wrong information. My account has been mixed up at least twice with other customers. They took someone else's money and put it on my account and then I was told today that I came in the office and renewed my loan when all I did was make a payment. I am also being told that I need to pay late fees that I already paid and was told that I did not have any more, I get a call today saying that I have three. I will never do business and or recommend this company to anyone. Lastly, the employee was extremely rude to me and was having a shouting match with me over the phone threatening to report to the credit bureau.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Finance Corporation?

Original review: March 20, 2017

Went in to pay my loan, employee, fairly new, extremely rude. They call your house even if your grace period is not up, and I even phoned them after the 10th to let them know I'd have it paid by the 20th, the end of our grace period. Last month I paid with cash, the employee was to give me 2 separate receipts because one was for $2 that I paid on the one late fee, which this is the 1st time we were late. Gave the guy $100 and he gives me one receipt back for $2, not the hundred. I caught it when I got outside, went back in and the guy looked shocked. I do believe he was going to take that bill.

The same employee is the one who was extremely rude and gave me dirty looks the whole time I was in there, and there was a customer in there the whole time! Well, needless to say, after we pay off this $500, they will not get any of our business again. This is our 2nd loan with World Finance and our last. Beware consumers. DO NOT do any business with the one on 10th Street here in Jeffersonville Indiana!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

I've dealt with this place for many years but never tried their tax services. I was in office to handle business regarding my loan and the branch manager asked if I wanted to do my taxes and told me I can get a check that day for 1500. Ok... I told her this is too good to be true and she replied "yes you can, you have your w2s." And I did. We start the process didn't take very long at first. But what I am PISSED off about is that no I didn't leave that day with a check for 1500. This lady straight mislead me into doing my taxes with them at a high charge but you are thinking you will get the 1500 with 0 interest rate. But the catch is they send your taxes to the IRS but in order for World Finance to cut the check the IRS have to accept your taxes. That's a bunch of BS. I'm thinking once they send the taxes not actually accepting. So she tells me 15 mins. to see if I owe any back taxes etc. Running game. Lol. Then she will cut me a check.

Long story I went home. I was tired. She said she would call. Never did call. I called her back and of course I'm argumentative "you told me 15 min. blah blah." Then I hit her with "I knew better than that it takes the IRS about 21 days or less to actually ACCEPT your Tax return then usually short after that you get your refund so why I fell for this bs is beyond me." She said "the IRS are accepting returns." Lmao... Dummy me. Looking at the money.

Another thing I kept asking her in office was if my refund will be deposited into my account. She said no the check will come to them. But when I looked at all the paperwork at home you do not have to have your refund coming to them. They say that so they can ensure they get the money 1500 that you don't walk out with that day... If you reading this please look over the paperwork before signing because I didn't. She made me electronic sign once taxes was sent and didn't even go over any of the paperwork. She told me Monday for the 1500 but I doubt it. I'm highly upset but this too shall pass.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I received a flyer in the mail from World Finance that had me believing that I could get a loan very easily. I filled out an online app and did not get a response so I went into the office and did an app with one of the employees. She did not tell me that they do a hard credit check until she finished the app. She then asked me how much I wanted to borrow. She told me that they would call me within an hour to let me know if I was approved or denied. I waited 3 days before I finally called them and she told me that I was denied. I feel like this is a very unprofessional company. They gave my brother in law a loan and his credit is messed up and he has not paid them a dime. And he said he doesn't plan to either. I also have read most of the reviews on this company and they suggest that this company is not a good place to get a loan from anyway. I am sort of glad that they turned me down.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

If there is ever a class action suit on them I am in. I fell behind on payments and they continuously came to my house and harassed my son who is special needs while I was not at home and had a sheriff served him, not me while I was at work, which I feel is somehow illegal. I accept responsibility for falling behind and recently paid them off through a garnishment, thank the lord, however, the way they came to my home was a HUGE chance they were taking especially since my house was broken into and I did not know who they were immediately.

I also stopped paying by check by putting them through their door slot. My checking account was somehow compromised and there are only one or two places that I use checks for. I'm not accusing them directly, but their payment doors leave it where someone can swipe the check from inside the door. I haven't checked lately, so hopefully they changed their policy. You fall behind and yet they still try to have you come in and pay a certain amount and refinance. Do not borrow from them.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

First I'd like it impressed that I've never been late on my loan payment, so I have no complaints there. My complaint is in their shark tactics for getting the unsuspecting person stuck in revolving debt. Every time I make a payment they do anything they can to talk me into adding to the already existing debt. When I declined this past time and asked for the pay off they said "Well we hope you won't do that" and got snarky. Listen...you guys pay it off, get yourself out of debt and don't use them out of desperation if you don't have to. And please don't fall into any traps. It's easy to do. Keep your receipts, pay on time and don't add any more debt from them.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

After the process of the application and I was told that I was approved. Was advised to bring in documents which I complied to. Then I was told that because my bank statement did not have my name on it I was turned down after the reps eye balled all my documents. I don't if they were expecting some different or what. But I glad they turned me down. Now I have saved myself some money, plus I have excellent payment history no missed payments or late payments in over 5 years.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Colonial Finance on Lomas Ave. Ne turn into World Finance at Eubank Ne and at all Credit boroughs still showing as a Colonial Finance messing up my credit. Why can't they change it? Bad business!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

I first went to this company as many do, to catch up. I fell behind. I asked if they would take payments each paycheck. "NO" is all I got. I couldn't make the payments they suggested that I renew, so I did. I went to school and lost my job at the same time and yet again was not able to make the full payment yet again they would not work with me. Now I got a legal notice and they are going to garnish my wages. If they would have worked with me they would have received more than my payment was each month by working with me. Now I don't have enough money to pay my basic needs like electric, gas to get to work or even food.

Thanks to this company I am worse off - financially worse off. The manager is very rude along with the other employees, call all day every day when they know I work night and not able to answer the phone. They even contacted my new place of employment where we are not to get personal phone calls. This is the worst service I have ever worked with, so unprofessional. Please think twice before getting a loan from there.

Original review: April 21, 2016

I was introduced about World Financial Group from a good friend of mine. I was able to learn how to cut the expenses, save money and build the financial foundation. I graduated one of the top school in U.S. However the college never taught me how to manage my own finances. That is why middle class continue to struggle. I see some of the complaints from other people however I disagree them. It is always depends on people who explains about the finance concept. Their Financial Literacy Education Campaign is the best ever! No other industries can beat it. If you do not believe it, you should check out their "Saving your Future" book from World System Builder. Please look at the facts first before starting complaints. Lots of people barely have anything to do but write a bad review behind the curtain without knowing the fact.

Original review: March 17, 2016

Tax Year 2015 I got my taxes done at World Finance to pay off a loan that I previously had through them with the 0% interest rate on the $1,500 advancement they offer. This advancement the same day that your return is accepted by IRS. However I have waited 21 days and no return, so I called IRS to find out that they failed to send the form 1095-a which is the health care form. I took the form back to them, they sent it again to a number that their tax professionals told them to send it to. I told them that the IRS told me to send it to the one that was on the letter when I got it. They assured me that their tax professionals knew what they were doing so four weeks later I call the IRS to find out the status. I find out they have never received the forms so in all I am waiting seven weeks now just to start my six to eight weeks all over again.

I called and talked to the vice president who informed me that there is nothing they can do, that they have done everything on their end and then they had not done nothing wrong. When I talked to a local supervisor she told me it was my responsibility to bring in and make sure the form was sent. However paying $386 I would think that it would be their responsibility. They don't seem to think this way. When they need their money they will go to extreme lengths to get it calling your phone every day, calling your friends and family, coming by your house, but yet when you want your money there's nothing they can do.

Original review: March 11, 2016

I went to World Finance Corp. this morning for taxes. I have lost everything the past few years and still in process of getting my ID's. I was dealing with a lady at the front desk when she asked for my ID so I give her my SS card. She then asked for ID. I told her my TDL is expired. This guy at a desk in the back overheard and said "We don't take expired IDs so just go find somewhere else"! Very rudely said! I'm not accusing, but being the only ** person in there, I felt as this was somewhat of a racist act! Instead of being nice and trying to help, that's the treatment I received from this place! This is the office at 6500 North Few in Houston, Tx! I hope this comment gets to them real soon!

Original review: March 2, 2016

We have got a loan for Christmas. Paid it back, it was for collateral. I asked if they wanted my first born. "Seriously." But #1 customer, great standing letters coming 3x a week. Then due to health issues took out a title loan, they took my new title & my chipped key, they sent my title in, got a call from Lisa my insurance agent telling me that my "custom" truck she had a new title saying it was (salvaged) told me to look into it. I went back to "WF". Told her I needed a copy of my title, after a big nasty argument including me saying I'm calling the police & her calling her mngr, I finally get the copy & sure enough it was in the top corner "salvaged", then we had to take chapter 13.

To my surprise it was paid off really quick! So I took the paper from the state proving it was paid off, got every excuse in the book, "My 'mngr' is looking into it, it's not on our books," on & on. Then today my husband got off early, I had requested another chapter 13 letter, he went down there today (I have been fighting them over a year). She had my husband sign a paper & said "Have your wife call me with the VIN # & I will get a title for you. She can come pick it up." He asked "Why don't you get out of the chair you're so firmly planted in, go to the file cabinet & get my title & key & I will be on my way!" She replied "They are not here." It's been over a year. He said that I have been fighting you that long to get it back!! He asked "Where do they go? That's a $225.00 dollar key!!!" She replied "Sir I don't know, don't have any clue!!" But I'm working on getting my "original" title myself & working on finding out where my key is!!

At the least, they are going to make me another key!! But I understand what each & every one of you are saying & the rates have went up again, they charge the highest rates allowed by law! And I wouldn't send my worst enemy there.:( Run, run, run!!! The "mngrs" do act like it's their money, maybe it is & they are legal loan sharks. Just say no!! If anyone knows the corporate address or phone # please let me know, or a local lawyer that can help me get a key made from them. I would surely appreciate it! Good luck & stay away from World Finance for any kind of loan!!! And my "loan officer" was a tax preparer & things were so slow.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2016

I went to them to buy a RV, I was $4000 short. They wanted me to sign over my $21,000 Toyota Camry 7000 Chevy truck, plus they would hold the title to the camper, plus sign over my old RV. Then they wanted the deed to my farm, plus my wife as a cosigner. I got only one thing to say about this. It's a good thing I didn't want $5000. I would hate to give them my kids & pets too.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2015

I recently had some health issues, I am on disability and am about 4 months behind on my payment. I first took a loan out with them several years ago and paid the loan off and renewed the loan, paid off and took another loan out several times. I was in good standing with them until this point. I am curious as to what will happen to me. I contacted them a while back and told them I couldn't afford to pay the payment could they take half. They said no but they could renew. So now I'm back at over 1,000 to pay off and still not enough to make the full payment. I don't know what to do. JUAN if you are out there please advise me of my options. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2015

At first the Lawrenceville location seemed ideal to borrow from. However, my thoughts regarding this soon changed. Even after you let them know when you are coming in to pay they constantly call from different numbers, and act like they did not know you just talked to them that same day! They harass people! Meanwhile, I was late 2 times but ended up paying off the full amount of the loan and they still put a negative comment on my credit. So even if you pay them off and satisfy the loan and close the account they will add negative information about you on your credit (after the account closes paid in full)!!

Just out of curiosity, I tried to borrow a small amount from them for a friend. They told me, "oh, we cannot loan to you ever again because you paid us late once." I said, "that is dumb. I paid you guys off completely." They were like, "oh you have to wait a few months and maybe we will be able to." C'mon now... I was better off not paying them at all if you ask me since they still made my credit look bad with the negative comment posted there.

I would have never knew that comment was on there if I did not sign up to check my credit and information. They are full of crap and I hope they go out of business! I really do not wish bad things on people but I really despise that I even went there to begin with. I am disputing that comment on my credit as we speak!! Meanwhile I borrowed $220 from them to go out of town for a funeral and ended up having to pay them back minimum 450 off the rip. I wish I just borrowed from a friend... Do not go there!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2015

I swore I never would borrow money there again. However that was before my tooth broke. I had not missed a payment. I went in and they had the loan ready and I got the money. A few days later after my emergency dental work, I began to go over the loan and realized that if they could add any and all insurance to the loan, they did. I borrowed the least amount of dollars and by the time they added interest to this my payment was 97.00 for 10 months. My prior loan was over 800.00 for 10 months, but due to the ungodly pain I took the money and went to the dentist.

As I read my contract I realized how I had been taken advantage of. As I read it stated I had 30 days to change the numerous add on to loan. I called a week after and stated I had went over my loan contract and would like to come in and change the unnecessary charges. I was told the manager there was at another office, but she would put a note on her desk. I waited for call, so I phoned again and was told they could not change it and I read her what the contract stated and she said "well if something happened to my vehicle the vehicle and loan would be paid." I told her "my car was paid for and I had so much life insurance already on me". What they were charging me was so minute it was so inconceivable to add that. I was told to just make the payment due in a few days and goodbye.

The prior note was never late, due to them being on xmas holiday and out due to snow. When they finally put payment in computer, they did not look at the date the check was put in drop box, so they charged me a late charge. I paid what they ask, so a few months later on my last payment I put.10.00 over to see if your company was as honest as me. I never received a check for paying too much. Why they think someone down on their luck and rebuilding a good credit score again would have to endure this kind of loan shark behavior. I showed my character and they showed me World Finance character (as they represent you). If they do not know how to go by your contractual laws, why are they working there. If I could have had the time and due to the fact I had a toothache, I would not have ever went there.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2015

I will NEVER use these people again. They have been a total nuisance. I called to let them know that I would be in at the end of the month to pay them off. They obviously didn't want to hear that. The girl at Athens that works with KEVIN **, who is the manager there, proceeded to tell me to come into the office which I was considering until she DEMANDED that I come to her office the next day. I don't think so. I don't have a vehicle and have been sending their money through the mail. They don't have a way to take money other than cash. That should tell you something. I've used other loan companies in Athens GA and none of them have acted like World Finance. I will use Security Finance for all of my loan needs from now own. I only owe world finance $60. Let's see how they handle themselves with that.

The girl that works with Kevin **, yeah - she told me that I WILL be in her office next day that I will find a ride. I asked her who that might be that will come and pick me up to go to their office, and she just kept on and on. These people are rude. They will harass you to no end. They continuously knock on my door and call me several times a day! I'm with the person that says, "RUN, RUN, RUN AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!"

Original review: Sept. 23, 2015

I had borrowed 1500 for 22 days. They charged me 300 dollars - what a rip off. I could have went to a payday loan store and got a cheaper rate, 4000 percent, at world finance. Don't borrow money from them. Run from any of their stores, or you will fall into their trap and owe them for the rest of you life, and your kids' life. RUN RUN AWAY.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2015

I had been dealing with World Finance Loans for three years. I recently quit my job for personal reasons. I called to let them know I am not working right now. They even went to my job to see if I was telling the truth. The manager Carla keeps coming to my house every other day. She knocks loud as if she is the police or mob. Her and her workers keep harassing my cellphone, house phone, they even harassing my ten references I put on my application.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2015

How about if you're a customer for 5 years, an employee takes your payments and your money - the entire staff and GM agree, but only to take nothing off.... And then I advised them I have a death in my family, and I get a legal notice the same week.... poor, poor customer service.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2015

The worst company I have ever dealt with. If I could I would stand in front of their door and beg people not to do business with them. Their collections company in Albany, GA took me to court to garnish my check when I was making payments. They suck.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2015

I've gotten a loan with them for the past 3 years but this year has been the worse experience with them. First I applied on the 26th for the loan and usually getting the loan is really quick and easy. However this time they took forever. And I've never been late. But this time it took a week. So now instead of them putting the date I applied they put the date I was approved which makes my pmts late every month. I've begged them to please change the date so my pmts won't be late but they refuse. Then the most resent issue is I made my monthly pmt and because I get off so late I have to use their drop box which I've used the past 3 years with no problem cash in an envelope sealed.

I get a call the guy says "you need to make your pmt." He says "all we got was an envelope cause your pmt was stuck in the door." **. I always make sure my pmt hits the floor. So he puts me on the phone with the manager. Manager says I need to make my pmt. I said I did. He said "all we got was an envelope." "No I made my pmt and it hit the floor. Now someone in your building has stolen my money." He tried to blame me for using cash but I've been paying cash for 3 years. I said "I'm not rich. I'm not making another pmt this month but y'all will see my pmt next month and y'all can add that pmt to the end." He says "well we're gonna have to report you to the credit bureau if we do that." I told him I didn't understand how this is my fault when someone in their office stole my money and no one is getting fired. He just kept saying that's why I shouldn't of paid cash and this could of been prevented.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2015

I just checked my credit report to found out this company is listed with delinquent payments. I have never heard of them or used them!

Original review: July 15, 2015

On July 10, 2015 I received a letter from World Finance in Mansfield, LA that I used to have a loan with but had paid off a couple of months ago. Well since I just moved into a new home on June 1st, I can always use extra money to assist me with repairs or purchases so I called Wendy ** yesterday to ask about her offer. She asked me how much would I like and I said the $2,100 sounded great. She stated that she may be able to get me $1,500 to $1,700 and that she would get the paperwork together and call me back. After lunch I still hadn't heard from her so I called and she told me that she had questions about my income, address, dependents, and current bills. She stated that she would run a credit report and get back with me. So far, I still haven't heard anything so I'm wondering why she contacted me in the first place if this wasn't a valid offer.

I guess I'm not the great customer and friend that the letter states that I am. It feels like one of those bait and switch games where you are offered something to peak your interest and then given something else. I've been a World Finance customer for many years and have always HAD great things to say about them but I doubt if I will be able to say anything positive about them again.

Original review: July 10, 2015

I was robbed 4 times in a three week period. They would not even look at the police reports nor would they adjust my loan, even though all the collateral was stolen along with a lot of other things. They were very rude, disrespectful, and just plain belligerent with me about it. Told me that I just did not want to pay my account and that I faked the robbery story and the reports. I could not believe they said that. I was extremely upset and I left and I still refuse to pay them on the grounds that I know they are going to file the insurance then make me pay them and they have hired a collection agency to bill me too. I told them there was no way they were getting paid three times. They should not be able to do business that way.

World Finance Corporation Company Information