1.38/5
Based on 71 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

73 World Finance Corporation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Do not get a loan with this company! They lie to get your business, then give false information about your payment amounts, payment schedule, etc. They also want enough collateral to cover 4 times the loan amount. Horrible customer service!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

A lady told me that I was able to get more money from them. To meet up with her and she will discuss it with me. I went on my hr. Lunch break. Got there and was interested in the loan. Then she tells me I needed my last two check stubs. I was not happy. I drove all the way over there for this. It took me 20 to 25 min driving from my job to there. Then told me to come next day. That she would be there till 12 pm. I got there at 11:58 am. And I look up and she was telling me they are closed. I look down at the time on my phone. By then it was 11:59 am. So she must of locked the door earlier than 11:58 am.

I thought they closed at 12 pm. I was hoping to get in there to take care of business. I had my 14 yr old daughter with me. My daughter was like, "Really!" Again I was not happy. I Waste time coming out there again. So I told my daughter to forget it. Due to me getting money soon. I decided not to bother with borrowing the money. I came to World Finance 2x. Somebody need to tell those employees not to lock door until 12 pm. I came late due to some emergency situation I had to deal with. I still had a few min to borrow that money.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

When World Finance took over for Texan Credit Corporation, life became hell and so did the customer service. They give you false information about your payments when and if you are able to renew your loan, they lose your paperwork so when you come to renew your loan they don't have your info so you have to wait and then go back over everything you did. But worst of all, they call you and tell you that you are eligible for an increase on your loan, so you go to get it and they ask you for so much collateral that you damn near have to put your house up to meet their collateral amount, and if you can't meet the amount then you can't renew your loan. They speak to you in such an arrogant and condescending tone, that you would rather do business online, rather than dealing with them in person. I wouldn't use this company again if my mama's life depended on it and she's been dead for 10 years!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

They're okay. I was surprised to get approved. Of course they call you when you're late! I would expect anyone to follow up w/ you when you don’t pay on time. It's a little unclear how much extra you are charged if you choose to refinance your loan?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I needed a quick loan for an emergency so I tried World Finance Corp first. BIG MISTAKE! They added all sorts of charges that totaled over $500. A $1200 loan over 18 months costs $2,268! To pay it off in less than a week the pay off was $1,500! I asked what the $300 charges are & staff said they had no idea! This was the same staff who were making disparaging remarks about people who were calling them for loans while I sat in their office the week prior. PLEASE try somewhere else before trying here. A loan from Regional Finance for $1,800 for 18 months only charges $479.87 interest! Total pay off would be $2,279.87. You get $600 more in your pocket! See the difference? Yes, really bad interest and charges, but the staff's attitude was disturbing as well! Please go somewhere else for a loan. Gainesville, GA office is a rip off!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Finance Corporation?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Make a long story short. I received 2 loans from World Finance in Aurora Illinois. Everything was fine until I referred someone to them and they never sent me a refer check of $25. I've talked to everyone at this location such as Daniel, Krystal and Brandon for weeks into months about my check. No one help me but want to call me about my last payment of $68... You want your money. I want mine. They gave me problems about the lil check and couldn't give me any answers. I would never go back and wouldn't refer no one here to this establishment.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I called to make arrangements on my payments that I am behind on and the manager was very, very rude. I was telling him that I can't give exact date or time because I might don't come because of work and he said, "Who don't know their work schedule" and telling me, "You don't pay rent, you don't pay this. Why you not paying your bill on time" when he doesn't know what I pay. And I'm giving him my address and he's telling me, "No you don't live there." And I'm telling him, "Yes I do live there."

I know next time not to get a loan from these people. I was making payments online and they cut it off because I wasn't making the full payments. At least I was making some payments on my loan. Sometime people go through hard times but he doesn't seem to understand that. He's trying to figure out why I can't pay my bills because I don't have any bills when I do have other bills besides that loan. I will never get a loan from them again, my balance was down to three something and my stupid self went right back because they convinced me to get another loan again. I was paying it on time and when I got on hard times my account got way behind. But that manager was very, very rude and disrespectful. No one should ever be treated that way or talked to like that. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I called back to the company World Finance in Bessemer AL and told them I received a message after applying online. She asked me my name and spelled it out to her and she said please hold. My wife was talking to me about it and the last hung up on me not once but twice!!! I would have no stars.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Applied for a personal loan to help my Son who was in dire straits 1300 miles away, they had first approached me by email. They can’t even talk decent to you on the phone. I only asked for a small amount, they never got back with me, so I’m sure they are sending a decline letter and it reduced my credit score a lot just applying with them. Never again, ask anyone but them for help.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

The only thing I don't like is, if I renew my loan I have to add more collateral. Why??? My loan amount didn't increase. Nope, I won't be renewing my loan, unless it's an emergency. That is so so crazy.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I took out a loan against my car title and wound up filing for bankruptcy. My bankruptcy was paid off and discharged. I go to get my title back and they lost it. They said that they applied for a new one. It's been 3 1/2 weeks and still no title. I've gotten titles back in a week or less. I'm thinking of contacting a lawyer. DO NOT DO A CAR LOAN WITH THEM ESPECIALLY IF YOU LIKE HAVING THE TITLE TO YOUR CAR.

Original review: April 24, 2018

For several years I have been an on time loan customer paying nearly $200 a month to World Finance. I should have questioned my instincts when the LOAN OFFICER SUGGESTED DOCTORING PAPERWORK TO GET APPROVAL. However, I was backed into a position that I needed the cash. The knowledge that most of their applicants are in 'some type of need' puts the practice of allowing 'wink wink' documents as federally illegal. It is also a practice of coercion, to get people to sign loan documents for which they are desperate to obtain funds at extreme interest rates. Also federally illegal. But I digress.

Needless, I for several years obliged by the terms. Near the end of my loan I fell seriously ill. Yes, I did get behind. I am, however, making regular payments now, though they have been informed I am still unwell. These payments overall, have been adding up to approx. $200 a month. I now owe $580 on the loan. During the last few months, I have made regular payments. During the last few months.

World Finance Corporation of Martinsville, Indiana has called me numerous times. Too many to count. I have specifically asked all the employees to STOP CALLING. It continues. Tim the manager calls and I tell him, "Do not call me!" I hang up, and not 5 seconds go by and he is calling back... THIS IS HARASSMENT. When I then make an important choice to block their number - they start calling my work. Why? I have told them how sick I am. That I am laid up and paying when I can. Even with that information they are getting their $200 a month. AGAIN - WHY ARE THEY HARASSING ME? Now that I owe so little on the loan, nearly 2 1/2 payments... WHY NOW??! Are they calling my mother?? My aunt??? My ex-mother-in-law?? WHY HAVE THEY STARTED STALKING ME?

I got on the phone and I meant it when I said they better never call me or any of my family again. When I called their home office in NC they seemed shocked and genuinely concerned, said they would have someone call. OH YOU CAN BET THEY DID!!! They had Pettyjohn from the Bloomington, IN office call me on his personal phone and threaten me. When all along I have been a great customer, nearly paid off multiple loans with them... and after explaining I am sick on bedrest ill, and STILL making payments. This company which violated federal laws when originating the loans, now violates more federal laws from moving from a simple phone call to federally violating stalking laws and harassing people. DO NOT GET MIXED UP WITH THESE PREDATORY LENDERS AND LOAN SHARKS.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I took out a loan with this company due to the fact I fell short of cash after being on sick leave. Listening to one of my friends >> I shouldn't have and they approved me for a $1200 loan. I fell behind on my payments and when I spoke to one of associates in the Pontiac, IL office, she noted my account that I would be making a payment. The manager in the Matteson, IL office ignored the notes on the account and went ahead and send a wage garnishment to my employer.

These people does not know what the other are doing, so after a lengthly conversation with the Matteson, IL manager she stated I had to pay $500 to stop the garnishment and she went ahead anyway and sent the wage garnishment to my job. What a piece of **. She ignored the payment arrangement and decided to go ahead and send over the wage garnishment. Then I was told I had to physically come in and make the payment >> WHY. A payment is a payment. This place is stupid and they are crooks. The Matteson office can't keep employees in that office and no one knows what they are doing.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I've been a customer for 8 years. Yesterday I made a payment and asked where I was at because I was thinking of taking a vacation in a few months. Told me I should be fine and reminded me I was available for a 1000 dollar increase if I needed money sooner. Last night my mother's twin brother passed away. So with having to travel from Missouri to Texas with taking off work that 1000 that was available was a godsend. Until I went to borrow and manager of Grandview MO branch said it wasn't available. Not sure how computer says it's there one day but not the next. Why blatantly lie to your customers who have been in good standing for 8 years??

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I had my taxes prepared recently at World Finance in Waxahachie TX. I could have done them myself, but I have a vacation to Mexico planned and wanted to be sure and have my return deposited and accessible before I left. I specifically asked what the charges were, and was told $79 for two w-2 forms. I also had some mileage deductions to consider, and asked if it would cost extra. The answer I received was no, it shouldn't affect the charges.

When we were through, she told me that my charges would be deducted from my refund. When I got my check, they had billed me for $219 for two w-2's. That's $140 more than what I was told it would be. When I pointed this out, the lady said "yea, I saw that this morning, and was wondering why". I reminded her of our discussion, and what she had quoted me, to which she replied "I should have checked it better before I sent it off". So basically, the manager of this World Finance location lied to me, and I got robbed of $140, which she said that there was nothing could be done about it... kinda like "oh well!"

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I've been a customer with the company for almost five years at the branch of Alexandria, LA and I can safely say that I have had the most wonderful experience being a customer of theirs and hope to be one in the future as well.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I was approved for a loan, and I went down to the Piedmont location to submit my documents. The employee (Tanya) and her manager are really two of the dumbest people I have ever met. Tanya took a look at my pay-stubs and apparently could not understand simple arithmetic. She claimed my pay-stub amount was incorrect and for that reason, she would not be able to proceed with my loan. She showed my stubs to her manager, who also was too dumb to realize that the math added up. I handle two separate accounts for one corporation, and therefore I receive two different pay-stubs. I explained this to her manager, and to my amazement she still couldn't wrap her tiny brain around this simple fact. I think I am actually more annoyed at how stupid they are, rather than the fact that I wasted my time driving down there and did not get the loan I was approved for.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Worse place to get a loan. Went in and loan was ready but social security card has my maiden name and driver's license has my maiden and married name. They wouldn't take it. Never had problems but today. They were rude as hell. Never will I recommend them to nobody. This was in Chesnee, SC.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

So far I have been very pleased with World Finance. They have helped me with a couple of small loans. Their payment option is low and manageable and every time I have gone in to see them I was greeted well and made to feel welcome.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

This place is a joke. I have been waiting for over a week for a response on my approval status. Every time I call to see if I'm approved I'm told that I will receive a callback later on that day or the next day. Not to mention when I went into the office to fill out my paperwork I was told that I would hear back from someone later that day. Just full of lies and excuses. I don't recommend this place to anyone that is in need of a loan for an emergency. Not surprised why the ranking is so low. 1.3 overall.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I was close to paying my loan off a few months back. I owed less than 1,000 when I lost my job. I called to let them know I may be a few days late. Waiting on my last check. I was told I physically had to come in and talk to them. And was forced into re financing my loan. After I told them I did not want to. I was told it was either that or they would confiscate my valuables. Now I'm back to owing 2,000 on a 1300 loan. When if they would have waited a few days I possibly could have it paid off by now.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I had a ray of hope when I was told "Your loan is approved." Day 1 I had award letter downloaded on my cell phone and thought they would use their email to pull it and print it; my printer was out of whack and that was one of the reasons I wanted the extra $. Stated they weren't able to do. I went to my apartment office and they printed the letter. Day 2 went back... mind you it's 98-101 degrees in the Dallas, TX area. I'm walking back and forth, I ride public transportation and, I was happy that I now had the award letter, and all other essentials necessary. DUMB as DIRT staff couldn't wrap their heads around the printed letter that had July 20th date but reflected my 2 diff incomes.

Since Social Security mandate that online account created, that's what I do to save time sitting at SSA office. DUMB as DIRT staff didn't care that the letter showed July 20, 2017, that it said as of Dec. 2016 this amount and at bottom another date showing other amount. So long story short they said "No we can show you what award letter look like… dah, dah, dah." I was so livid that I wanted to hop across counter and slam dunk 'em. So after 2 days of trips I was still being messed around and I was sick of them. So I scheduled my para-transit to pick me up on Mon. 07/24 from SSA office and transport me to their office. But my HEAVENLY FATHER told me to send out a message to everyone (text) asking for $25 until loan received Monday... will repay. Within one hour I had $240 and the loan was for $256. I NO LONGER NEEDED A LOAN AND THANK GOD DIDN'T NEED TO LOOK AT THOSE SILLY, DUMB BUTT STAFF FACES.

Original review: May 3, 2017

World Finance tells the client that INSURANCE IS REQUIRED on the loan which is tacked onto the amount which is UNGODLY and almost doubles and/or triples the loan amount!!! They tell you that it is required, however, the back of the contract shows it is NOT MANDATORY!! When I inquired about it, they said it is mandatory to carry it which is not what the contract says. I had a 3 week medical leave without pay from my employer in which that insurance should've covered the monthly payment so as not to create a hardship. The Ringgold office knew I was on medical leave, but never initiated offering for the so called REQUIRED insurance that they tacked onto my loan to cover that month's payment. Instead they chose to harass me over it knowing that I had no income coming in for 3 weeks. Clients are being required to pay for insurance which does them absolutely no good during a hardship.

Original review: April 29, 2017

First let me start by saying that I've had my car financed with World Finance since June 2013 and I've always either made double payments, paid early, or been on time with my payments. Well with an interest rate of 42% it's made it difficult for me to pay the load off completely. The vehicle financed through them is a 2005 with very high mileage and is falling apart. So about a month ago I purchased a brand new vehicle from a dealership and have lower interest and the same payment. In this month I've been in contact with them and have been trying to sell it to my mother (who I can't lie has been dragging her feet). However it's been 1 MONTH!

The girls in the Imperial office have been calling my phone several times a day and my place of business which I asked them nicely not to do. Well this morning I received a call from the Festus office and told the woman the situation and that my mother would be there Monday to make the payment since she is driving and purchasing it. Then 15 minutes later I get a call from the Imperial location and a woman named MINDY was beyond rude from the moment I answered the phone. I told her I had already talked to someone and proceeded to tell the story ONCE AGAIN! She began shouting at me and threatening me to the point I was disgusted at the lack of professionalism when the ENTIRE time she was threatening and carrying on. I TOLD her at least 3 times I would just make a payment over the phone NOW.

Like I said I've been a customer for a while and I thought I was a valued customer and have sent friends and family there the entire time. I've been in business with them. About 4 months ago the GM, Kevin, left the Imperial location and since then it has been an awful place to work with. The girls in the office are petty and rude. Always gossiping about customers in front of other customers and ignoring people waiting to make a payment while they play on Facebook. It's ridiculous. Once I am done with this loan I WILL NEVER EVER EVER do business with them again and I will make sure to tell everyone I meet to stay as far away from them as possible. I'm very upset with the company as a whole. You don't treat people like that and you sure as hell don't keep customers like that. Time to re-evaluate your hiring process World Finance. You just lost a lot of business. 1 star is too much.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I have received calls from employees at the World Finance Company in Savannah with wrong information. My account has been mixed up at least twice with other customers. They took someone else's money and put it on my account and then I was told today that I came in the office and renewed my loan when all I did was make a payment. I am also being told that I need to pay late fees that I already paid and was told that I did not have any more, I get a call today saying that I have three. I will never do business and or recommend this company to anyone. Lastly, the employee was extremely rude to me and was having a shouting match with me over the phone threatening to report to the credit bureau.

Original review: March 20, 2017

Went in to pay my loan, employee, fairly new, extremely rude. They call your house even if your grace period is not up, and I even phoned them after the 10th to let them know I'd have it paid by the 20th, the end of our grace period. Last month I paid with cash, the employee was to give me 2 separate receipts because one was for $2 that I paid on the one late fee, which this is the 1st time we were late. Gave the guy $100 and he gives me one receipt back for $2, not the hundred. I caught it when I got outside, went back in and the guy looked shocked. I do believe he was going to take that bill.

The same employee is the one who was extremely rude and gave me dirty looks the whole time I was in there, and there was a customer in there the whole time! Well, needless to say, after we pay off this $500, they will not get any of our business again. This is our 2nd loan with World Finance and our last. Beware consumers. DO NOT do any business with the one on 10th Street here in Jeffersonville Indiana!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

I've dealt with this place for many years but never tried their tax services. I was in office to handle business regarding my loan and the branch manager asked if I wanted to do my taxes and told me I can get a check that day for 1500. Ok... I told her this is too good to be true and she replied "yes you can, you have your w2s." And I did. We start the process didn't take very long at first. But what I am PISSED off about is that no I didn't leave that day with a check for 1500. This lady straight mislead me into doing my taxes with them at a high charge but you are thinking you will get the 1500 with 0 interest rate. But the catch is they send your taxes to the IRS but in order for World Finance to cut the check the IRS have to accept your taxes. That's a bunch of BS. I'm thinking once they send the taxes not actually accepting. So she tells me 15 mins. to see if I owe any back taxes etc. Running game. Lol. Then she will cut me a check.

Long story I went home. I was tired. She said she would call. Never did call. I called her back and of course I'm argumentative "you told me 15 min. blah blah." Then I hit her with "I knew better than that it takes the IRS about 21 days or less to actually ACCEPT your Tax return then usually short after that you get your refund so why I fell for this bs is beyond me." She said "the IRS are accepting returns." Lmao... Dummy me. Looking at the money.

Another thing I kept asking her in office was if my refund will be deposited into my account. She said no the check will come to them. But when I looked at all the paperwork at home you do not have to have your refund coming to them. They say that so they can ensure they get the money 1500 that you don't walk out with that day... If you reading this please look over the paperwork before signing because I didn't. She made me electronic sign once taxes was sent and didn't even go over any of the paperwork. She told me Monday for the 1500 but I doubt it. I'm highly upset but this too shall pass.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I received a flyer in the mail from World Finance that had me believing that I could get a loan very easily. I filled out an online app and did not get a response so I went into the office and did an app with one of the employees. She did not tell me that they do a hard credit check until she finished the app. She then asked me how much I wanted to borrow. She told me that they would call me within an hour to let me know if I was approved or denied. I waited 3 days before I finally called them and she told me that I was denied. I feel like this is a very unprofessional company. They gave my brother in law a loan and his credit is messed up and he has not paid them a dime. And he said he doesn't plan to either. I also have read most of the reviews on this company and they suggest that this company is not a good place to get a loan from anyway. I am sort of glad that they turned me down.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

If there is ever a class action suit on them I am in. I fell behind on payments and they continuously came to my house and harassed my son who is special needs while I was not at home and had a sheriff served him, not me while I was at work, which I feel is somehow illegal. I accept responsibility for falling behind and recently paid them off through a garnishment, thank the lord, however, the way they came to my home was a HUGE chance they were taking especially since my house was broken into and I did not know who they were immediately.

I also stopped paying by check by putting them through their door slot. My checking account was somehow compromised and there are only one or two places that I use checks for. I'm not accusing them directly, but their payment doors leave it where someone can swipe the check from inside the door. I haven't checked lately, so hopefully they changed their policy. You fall behind and yet they still try to have you come in and pay a certain amount and refinance. Do not borrow from them.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

First I'd like it impressed that I've never been late on my loan payment, so I have no complaints there. My complaint is in their shark tactics for getting the unsuspecting person stuck in revolving debt. Every time I make a payment they do anything they can to talk me into adding to the already existing debt. When I declined this past time and asked for the pay off they said "Well we hope you won't do that" and got snarky. Listen...you guys pay it off, get yourself out of debt and don't use them out of desperation if you don't have to. And please don't fall into any traps. It's easy to do. Keep your receipts, pay on time and don't add any more debt from them.

World Finance Corporation Company Information