Find a Debt Collection Agencies partner

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

National Recovery Agency Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Recovery Agency?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Recovery Agency?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I had Dwight help me with paying off my account, there was a lot of people with my name but he figure it out and did everything in his power to get it done quick and was very polite and kind! Thank you.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I spoke to David at ext 3003. He was cool as **. David processed my payment quickly, so I could call and have services turned on in my new apartment. He has a good sense of humor and easy to talk to. I give David 5 stars!

Get buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Good service and courteous people who understand. The wait times are little to none and the people were understanding and very helpful. I had a great experience and had all my questions answered and my problems resolved.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

Erika ** is a very helpful and understanding agent. She has made my experience with a credit collection agency less stressful and very helpful. She deserves a job well done. I love working with her. She is an asset to your organization.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

A good point for this company -- their phone reps are very courteous and professional. Other than that, I can't say anything nice about the company. I suffered identity theft several years ago and filed police reports at that time. I provided copies of the police reports to NRA. NRA refuses to remove an open debt that was obviously incurred by the identity thieves based on geographical location (100s of miles from where I live) and time it was incurred (around the same time as I filed the police reports). It's not my debt so I will not pay it. I wish NRA and other similar companies would quit bothering victims who already have enough headaches just dealing with the other fallout from the identity theft.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

This company continues to report that I am delinquent even after I have sent proof several times that it is not a valid claim. They say, "send the proof and we will take care of it" and then they don't. Since 2014 they report every month. They even told me that is only $670 just pay it and it will be gone. I don't owe it, I will not pay it. This is a scam as old as time.

Original review: July 27, 2020

My rep was Shakia ** and she was very courteous, professional, and she also followed up with me to make sure I was still interested in resolving my debt. I didn't expect a Brooklyn girl to be so nice but she was the exception I guess. Other debt collectors could learn a lot from her.

Original review: July 23, 2020

The representative that I spoke with (Avery) was very professional and prompt. He provided all of the information that I needed to resolve some collection accounts that were showing up on my credit report.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

After months dealing with this company and other parties about an unpaid medical bill (that never arrived because the doctor had the wrong address) I finally settled the debt with original billing agency who was told by the NRA that my account was closed and I was out of collection. Fast-forward one month and I get a call telling me that I still owe the same debt for the same doctor on the same date of service. In fact, the NRA agent could even verify that it was a second, identical, account. Still, I have "prove" that the outstanding debt was paid. How, I wonder, do I prove that an outstanding debt for a separate (but duplicate) account was paid when payment for the original (and correct) account isn't proof enough??

And of course, the agent wasn't helpful at all, just telling me over and over to "fax in proof". Who has time to deal with this crap!? Now I have to waste more time dealing with them because if I don't they can screw up my good credit over a scam! I'm livid. I'm going to file a complaint with the CFPB and send an official letter disputing it, for whatever it's worth. BTW, I'm giving this agency 1 star ONLY because I have to, to submit this review.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

It’s been almost a year now I’ve been trying to get away from this company. Somehow they got my student loan debt and said I had to set up arrangements for 5 months of wage garnishment AND pay them on top of that. Well I’ve sent documentation 3 times now and it’s been almost a year that I’ve been garnished. They said it was 5 months and every time I get to the end of 5 months they tell me that THEIR company hasn’t received enough money so they keep rolling it over. I don’t know what to do at this point. This is a VERY crooked company and I’m worn out.

National Recovery Agency Company Information