4.64/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Pacific Debt was founded in order to address the growing tide of consumer debt in America. Today, Pacific Debt is a leader in the debt settlement field. The company settles millions of dollars in consumer debt each month, while maintaining the original vision of a consumer friendly experience. Above all, the biggest difference between Pacific Debt and many of its competitors, is the personal level of service the consumer receives throughout the process. From enrollment to client care and account management, Pacific Debt cares about their customers and their satisfaction.

Pacific Debt can service the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Virginia.

View More View More

Pacific Debt Inc Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

My dad's friend told us about Pacific Debt because he and his son were getting bad credits for having too much loans. My dad had six bills that he had to take care of so he calculated the amount. We selected the amount that we would have to pay and got the 24-month plan. I spoke to the account manager recently and she was really nice. I left her a voicemail and she got back to me right away and cleared all the confusion that I had. We’re seeing improvement and my dad doesn't think about the side costs because he wants to get out of debt. I'm glad that Pacific Debt is there. They really helped us through this process and I'm happy that we have paid off 4 bills and just two more. We’re waiting on the process to see how low the companies are going to go. I recommend Pacific Debt and their service is worth it. It takes time but I know they are working hard to help us out.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I wasn't making enough to cover all my debts and it just happened that I saw the Pacific Debt commercial at the right time. With regards to the debt settlement process, I started off with Armando and then now, I'm with Tina. They're both my personal account managers. They were able to reach out to me, but not in the way that I expected. I'd rather have them notify me like when an account is over with or paid for.

Although they have resolved my accounts, they should touch base a little more with the people they work with. Since having Pacific Debt, I feel less stressed. I’m glad that somebody’s taking care of my debts for me. And though I still have a couple more to go, they have resolved them. Overall, the people at Pacific Debt are very good. I don't have complaints about them. I’ve already recommended them to friends

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I started getting calls at work from the bank that I had a credit card through because I had stopped paying. So I gave Pacific Debt a call, and the program has been pretty straightforward and they helped to consolidate all of my credit cards with a three-year plan. I had to start making monthly payments and then, as I accrued enough money, they started settling my debts for me, credit card by credit card. There was one that was a little bit high that I have to do on my own after the fact, but Kimberly, the lady that I've been working with, has been nothing but helpful in terms of telling me how to do that and giving me guidance.

It's been about two years since I’ve been with Pacific Debt and Kimberly has been phenomenal. I like how thorough she is with the information. If I have any questions, she's really prompt. She has been a reassuring resource for me so I fully trust what she tells me to do. She made me feel at ease and it was as good as this situation can be. But I would like to have some sort of bullet point kind of email in terms of what our plan was after we created it. If I was going to be late on the payment with them, I would like to know what my options were as far as how many days' notice I would have needed to let them know to push back the automatic withdrawal. But that could have been made available to me and I just was not aware of it.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I was very happy with Pacific Debt. It was an exceptional experience. I wanted to pay off my debt and it was nearly impossible with the rate that I was able to make the payments. So, I decided to take the Pacific Debt route and complete paying these debts off, and I’ll be done in December. It took me two years. They made an agreement with each company to bring the balance down. In that way, it was possible then for me to pay it off instead of earning all of the extra interests. They sometimes took three companies to work with at a time.

I really enjoyed the communication part. They kept me very well informed. I was able to see what was happening. I was contacted to agree to the settlement before they did anything. I would deposit a certain amount and then, they would work with that solid money towards paying off as they settled accounts. I can look at my statements when it comes in and at any time, I can increase the amount per month so that I can pay off earlier, which I like as well. Their account manager, Kimberly, did a great job. Even when I could not find her for one reason or another, she would return my call. That was really helpful to me. If I had any questions at all, I did not have problems getting answers. Debt settement was a new experience for me, but I felt very confident, very trustworthy of the work that was being done. It was a great feeling to know that I am almost out of debt. I would definitely recommend the company to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Debt got to me and Pacific Debt was the first one I found for help. They treated me good and both of the reps I had were very good and nice, and they answered everything that I had questions about. There were a few times where I got behind and they were cool, we fixed it and we moved on. My experience has been simple and easy, there's no debt now and it's worth the cost. I would tell my friends to try it out and see if it's for them because Pacific definitely help out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Debt Inc?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I've got too many credit cards and a loan and I tried to do a Chapter 13 at first but when I talked to Pacific Debt, it sounded like they were going to do the same thing however, I didn’t have to give all this bunch of money to a lawyer to do that. It also helps me with my credit so it was better and I liked the way they gave me an estimated time when I was going to be paid up. They also explained things where I understood and made me feel more comfortable. They got all my bills and they’re working with the creditors to break down the payoff amount and makes it better on my account. The money that gets taken from my checking account every month is my own account and I’m able to work with that.

I talked to other companies but they wanted me to pay more per month. This year on May the 20th, I had a stroke so right now, I’m on disability. I’m not better now ‘cause I was in rehab and I’m making the same amount of money as I was before. The money is tighter but I’m still okay with the payment per month. But I let Brian know that and if there was an agreement that he would make with one of the creditors and it was more than what I put in per month, I couldn’t do it out of pocket right now and he was understanding about that. He calls to get my okay to make certain payments and I would ask him about the number of payments and how much per month then he lets me know. Brian seemed like he’s really on it and he's done a good job.

I got myself into this mess but they’re helping me out and I appreciate it. Before, all my money was going to the creditors and now I have a weight off my shoulder. I feel like it’s being taken care of correctly and professionally and I can breathe now. In fact, I have a friend, Jenny, who’s got a problem with credit cards and she said she was thinking about Chapter 13. I told her about Pacific Debt and I gave her the phone number and the person who's doing mine. I told her that I wasn't getting anything out of it but I let her know that they helped me out a lot. She was very interested and she called me to find out more about it. She didn't know how it worked but I told her that when she calls them, they’ll assist her better.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I was with Net Debt, but I was looking into switching. I did some internet research and saw several different companies were being compared. Pacific Debt seemed to be a good fit, so I called, double checked and moved my balance over. The reps have been nice and understanding. They contacted me and the rep had a discussion with me saying they can settle it for a certain amount, but I'll have to make sure that I can make the payment. I've been showing that I'm steady and reliable, so they thought it was a good factor in making that part of the settlement.

They set up the payments and followed up. I sent copies of any letters I received and that was easy 'cause I could take a picture of it with the phone and send it via email. It worked out and it was a lower payment too, which was nice. The program is for two years and a couple of months, and that sounds a lot better than 30. Now, I am getting ready to make my first official payment to my card company. The cost is reasonable for the situation I had and Pacific Debt has been great. I like their referral program and I told my friend who was thinking about consolidating her stuff and I'll get from that too. I recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Received a call to make sure I send my updated statements for the month. My first time consolidating my bills. I have been struggling but a friend recommended me to seek help from the agency. So far they have assured me I will be assisted.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Pacific Debt had good ratings from the BBB. I was behind on a couple of credit card payments but once I did a consultation with Pacific Debt, I was interested and went with their debt settlement program. The process has been very easy. My account manager, Kimberly, would call, text, and send an email and if I have any questions, I call or email, then she calls me. We're in a totally different time zone. I did everything that she told me to do and hold on to all my bills. I'd take a picture of them and email them, and get an email confirmation. Then I’d get a call or email, say, "Reply to this to do a settlement," and it's a done deal. Kimberly gets the job done and I’m very comfortable working with her. She's fast and efficient and seems to handle her business on my account. I’d also get stuff from the creditors that it has been settled.

I already have a couple of credit cards off of me and have a little less than two years to go. They told me that I could pay more and that would be helpful, but the minimum that I pay is sufficient so that's all I do. I could have done it in two years but the budget only permitted the three-year program. The program is a little expensive but I’m getting results, so I'm okay with it. The debts are coming down and I may get an alert from Credit Karma that my credit score has gone up. I'm happy and I would highly recommend Pacific Debt to others. They’re trustworthy, reliable and great.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Pacific Debt seemed to have better reviews online than other companies. I got into their debt consolidation program and it’s working well. They’re already consolidating or paying off some of the credit cards we have. It was simple at first and we were able to talk to someone who walked us through how it was going to work. All my main concerns on how long it’s going to take us to pay all the debt and if that was going to affect the credit score since we may be buying a house in the future were answered. We understood how the program is going to work.

We did all the paperwork by email and everything was pretty much set up. We also have monthly updates if we are getting mails from the credit cards. Pacific Debt emails us if they needed anything or they give us a call if they are about to consolidate that day. They get a hold of us if we are not available because of our schedule and they’re doing a good job. Our debt was more than what we’re paying now but things worked in our favor so Pacific Debt is worth it. They have been very quick, friendly and knowledgeable on what they are doing.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

When I looked into Pacific Debt, they looked a little more legitimate compared to the first company I called that seemed very shady. It was more comfortable when I talked with Pacific Debt on the phone. The Debt Resolution Program has been good so far. It’s going to take time as I am about a quarter through the process but it definitely helped a lot. It's still a bit of a struggle with everything but it has gotten better. I haven't needed a lot of explanations from my personal account manager but if I ever do, they’re usually good about it. I usually contact them through email unless it’s something that’s more urgent and then I’ll call them. It has all worked out smoothly and the cost in relation to the service is fair. I’ve recommended them to somebody.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I called Better Business Bureau to check and make sure that Pacific Debt was legit and they were. So far the program and the quality of their service have been very good. They got all of my bills down which are about to be paid off. I'm back on the road now and there's no more credit cost. They keep me posted with everything and they email me with everything I need. If they need anything, they’d let me know. I’m satisfied with everything that they’re doing.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I googled companies that can help with debt consolidation and Pacific Debt has a lot of articles on how they are one of the top companies. I called a couple of companies around, did my research, and then I decided to go with Pacific Debt. I had them provide me with settlement services and the experience is going well so far. My account manager was patient and responsive. He answered all my questions and called me if he thinks that something is hard to explain so things aren't misconstrued. The settlement amount was good. However, I expected the debts which were not very high to cost lower, but they were not. They were a little high.

I also didn't realize that my credit is still going to a bad status. My debt to income ratio was becoming ridiculous, which was not enabling my credit score to get any better. I took a hard hit on late payments and for it to go into collections I would have to have late payments. I moved from a person who never had a late payment to accept the fact that I was going to have that so I could eventually get to a settlement status with these creditors. So now every time I try to do something with my credit, the first thing that these people see is I had six consecutive months of late payments. Those had been a few of the challenging things that were unavoidable.

Additionally, they don’t help when they're negotiating with the company to remove the late payment history from my credit. The debt is not going to say "settled" until you're done paying. I thought that once they come to a settlement agreement that within the 60 days, it would say that that account was settled. Also, for the ones I paid in full, I'm still going to have a negative credit history for six months. I started out as a three-year plan but I want to be done by next year because I need to rebuild my credit.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I searched online for services that Pacific Debt offered. My personal account manager answered all my questions very quickly. The communication has been good but the process of coming to agreements with the creditors took a lot longer and Pacific Debt is waiting for the last creditor to come to a settlement. Pacific Debt should have details about how long it's going to take for a resolution because I still get calls after I sent a letter to creditors saying to call me in one other way. It was good that the total cost was lower than what they estimated and it's what they said it would be up front.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I wanted to consolidate my credit card. My friend recommended Pacific Debt and the account manager I dealt with was good. Every time I sent him some papers, and if I have a question, he would explain it to me. They set up a three-year payment plan for me where I will be paying monthly. The credit card company is not calling me anymore and now, I know how to control myself in spending. Overall, I'll recommend Pacific Debt.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Well it's early for me but Josh ** my account manager is exceptional. We had to pay off American Express and it was stressful because they would not work directly with Amex so Josh had to walk me thru the process to negotiate a settlement and I have to say he help make it easy for me. Now Amex is paid off. Josh is very professional and knows his job very well.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I was paying my credit card debt and I was getting nowhere. I looked up Pacific Debt on the internet and they had good ratings. They gave me an opportunity to pay my credit card, talk to my creditors, cut my bill in half, and then pay them in a certain time. They had a representative call me and asked me about all of my credit cards. I gave them the names and numbers. He gave me his name and some forms to fill out which I did. I did it over the internet and I sent it back to him. He knew all the information about the credit cards. When he saw the number, he told me how much I was going to pay and he walked me through the process of the payments and how much they're going to charge. Everything they do is great. I looked at other companies that I could go to but the people that I spoke to talked to me and I understood exactly what they were saying. They sound honest as well.

Pacific Debt provided the 42 months payment plan and every time I receive a statement from the credit card company, I would send it to them. And as I pay monthly, they have to wait to have enough money so they can start with the payments. They started with one credit card and got it reduced to a certain amount. They called me and they let me know that they were working with that credit card. Then once they paid that credit card completely, they started with another one. They kept me up to date. Pacific Debt gave me everything that I needed and they're doing their job. Right now they did two credit cards and so far I am happy.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I have a very pleasant experience with Pacific Debt and I would recommend them. I'm in a financial hardship and I enrolled in their debt relief program. I like their Better Business' ratings and the way that the customer service handled it. The account manager and I talked to discuss all that has to be done and he was very informative. I was impressed with his courtesy and professionalism. I got the best payment plan that I was comfortable with and that worked. National Debt Relief's support to me is awesome.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Very friendly and knowledgeable. Was treated great and felt understood. The man that helped me (Rian) was patient and extremely helpful. I didn't feel like an idiot with money issues. Would highly recommend Pacific Debt to all my friends and family.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I contracted with Pacific Debt in January of 2017 and I have had an amazing experience so far. Everyone is so helpful and quick to respond. I never felt judged or looked down on ever! So far they've settled 2 of 5 debts with 50% deducted of debt. The payment plan is very affordable and they work with you along every step! I'm so relieved I chose Pacific Debt.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Pacific Debt really helped me deal with a lot of credit problems I had. Walked me through all steps and made it easy to deal with. Now I'm free and clear of all credit debt. The agents were understanding and patient with all my questions and worries.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I'm 13 months into Pacific Debt's program and it's working out great for me. They're providing me with excellent service. I have four years total so I'm well on my way into getting this finished. Everything’s been settled and I'm just paying my monthly payments. The personal account managers were wonderful and positive. They did everything on time, did everything they said they would do, and they know every word of my personal account. Everything went according to plan, and I was well-advised ahead of time. I was not clear on a few items, but when I called they cleared up every item that I've had to deal with. I thank them for helping and being able to see an end to this nightmare that I was living.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I am very pleased with Pacific Debt Inc. I am a 77 year old women who got myself way over my head in Credit Card debt. PDI was very professional and helped walk through the program. They have settled most of my debt and I am very relieved by this.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Everything was great in the beginning but I noticed later after the first year, things considerably slowed down & I didn't get answers on questions that I had related to my account. So that was a bit disappointing. It's been a couple months now almost, I have not gotten answers on some simple questions & I'm not sure why but I've just been too busy to worry about it. But I am very grateful that those first few accounts got worked on as quickly as they did.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have been impressed, they do what they say and follow up. My debt is going down faster than expected. The Customer service reps are reliable and provide great detail. They make sure you understand the process and all that takes place.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I worked with Pacific Debt once before but I canceled. I got a total refund because I tried to do a different thing. I then contacted them five months ago and started the whole thing over again. I filled out all the paperwork online that they sent me. They take a payment out every month but there have been times that I had to postpone my payment until the first of the next month and it worked out perfectly. They have done some settlements and they're waiting for the larger amount right now to finish negotiating with the companies.

I called the account manager Shanna for a couple of things and it's gone very smoothly. There was one account I was worried about but she contacted me about it last week and she negotiated for half of what it was. It was the largest debt I had so I was very happy about that. Working with Pacific Debt is expensive but in the end, it's well worth it. I've been making payments to them and we are now just going to get all my credit cards debts all finished up this month. I just sold my home so I had a bigger amount of money to throw in. I'll be ready to move on without credit cards.

I would have never been able to get it done but Pacific Debt negotiated for quite a bit less money than I would have had to pay if I continued paying the way it was. Pacific Debt is a place I can trust. I'm a widow so I'm cautious about some stuff. I feel like I wasn’t jacked around at Pacific and it was just all upfront honest. They told me what it was going to cost me and they’ve done a very good job in negotiating. I am very satisfied and would recommend them.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Joanne,

Thank you for the 5 star review and congratulations on settling your largest account. Our entire program is built on trust and honesty and we are glad your experience reflected that.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I had no job for more than a hundred days and things mounted up, so when I landed a new job there’s a 25% reduction in my income. I did some research online and came across Pacific Debt. They were among the top companies and they’ve been around for a long time. I also liked that because I’m in Southern California, they were only an hour and a half away from me, so I could go and meet with them for whatever reason I need to.

Everybody that I talked to has been phenomenal. When I filled out the initial interest form on the web on a Saturday night, someone reached out to me first thing on Monday morning. The reps and I had great conversations. They answered all my questions throughout the days of me going back with additional questions. I decided to go ahead and enter the debt consolidation program on September 1st, Thursday. It was painless and very straightforward. And then, on Tuesday at my customer care conversation, the rep walked me through, made sure I didn’t have any questions and he set expectations. Also, every time I’ve reached out, either via text, email or phone call, they were very responsive.

Since my first draft would start on the 17th, up until two weeks ago, everything was good in the eyes of all my non-secured creditors. So there’s been no phone calls other than a couple of emails now that the first group of payments has been missed. It’s been awesome. Although I know that Pacific Debt is making a percentage off of my payments, the cost is a non-factor to me because when I look at the total out of pocket cost if I continue to just make the payments I’m making now for the next three or four years versus what the anticipated end result is, it would give me significant savings. I know my credit’s going to take a little of the hit during that time, but the lesser evil is what’s going to take place. I got to keep my family going, so this seemed to be the only path forward that made sense. It’s been an informative and a very positive experience with Pacific Debt and I highly recommend them to anyone finds themselves in a similar situation.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I was way behind on my bills and needed help clearing things up. I decided to go with Pacific Debt because of the reviews. I gave the people at Pacific Debt eight different credit card accounts and they negotiated to get the principal reduced and calculated a payment for me that would take care of the immediate debts. Carly, the account manager, is the one I communicate with the most. I’m impressed with her courtesy, friendliness, and willingness to assist me. She laid out what was going on and what was the process. We just put the money in to cover what's needed. She has helped me out greatly and we’re halfway through the debtors. Pacific Debt Inc has made things financially easier. Their rate is a little high but it’s worth the money because they’ve been working very hard on getting a lot accomplished and getting our principal reduced by a lot.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

My daughter was rear-ended in Texas by a drunk guy who had no insurance and no license. She had a good job as a finance officer for a large company in Dallas, but she hasn’t worked in over three years. I was helping her get along, so I borrowed money from my $25,000 credit cards, sold a bunch of the stocks I had and refinanced my house. I got in debt and got to the point where I didn’t have money anymore. I saw that Pacific Debt had a good rating and that’s where I went with debt consolidation. I went with someone else first and then quit them because I didn’t think they were doing the job.

Pacific Debt is good about communicating and keeping me informed. They send me a text either about something or if I need anything. The account manager I've been working with is very personable, friendly, helpful and always willing to answer my questions and go beyond that. I’m very pleased and she is so good about explaining things, what they’re working on or what they’re going to do next. At the end of each month, they take money out of my account, save it, use it and try to get my debt down with two different companies. They made an offer at one place and they settled. As soon as Pacific Debt gets enough cash built up, they’ll make an offer on the other group and start paying.

I’ve always had a credit score of up to 780, but now it's 471. I hope that that Pacific Debt can help me get it back up because we’re probably going to sell our house in the next couple of months and move to Arizona. So with the 471 credit score, I won’t be able to get a loan on a house. The next time I talk to Pacific Debt, I’m going to ask if there’s any way that my credit score will go up after having agreed with these people on a lesser amount. For instance, Wells Fargo will only take 40% off so that would save me some. And the other one, I might even maybe go down to 50%. They will surely let me know when they find out what kind of settlement they make with it. Pacific Debt's help in reducing $60,000 of my debt has really helped. I don’t even think about it anymore because it’s in their hands. They’ve been good and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

My father referred Pacific Debt to me. One of his friends had used them before. Pacific Debt manages my debt and they become the middleman between me and the creditor. Their account manager I'm dealing with is the most professional and knowledgeable. I have an escrow account where I deposit funds on a monthly basis. Once I make enough funds to settle a debt, we’ll first pay the commission to Pacific Debt. Then to settle, they negotiate with my creditor, and once an agreement has been made, I make a direct deposit to the creditor which Pacific Debt handles. They suggested to make my payments a little bit higher and I settled on the number which I was financially comfortable with, contributing each month. But there has been a few times where they need additional funds to settle an account. I was able to provide that a few times and sometimes, I wasn’t able to. I still have two outstanding accounts that still need to be settled.

The quality of their service has been pretty good but the percentage which is like 20% is a little high. Also, their commission could be quite high depending on the amount. So, until they can get their commission, they cannot settle us an account so, that prohibits moving forward in a few cases. I didn’t fully understand the process until I was involved in it. But if I were to do that on my own, I would be unable to negotiate and pay myself. On the other hand, they are professional and pretty attentive, but there are a few things that I wish were a little bit different. Overall, I had a good experience and I would refer them.

Pacific Debt Inc Company Information