4.8/5 (557 ratings)

About Accredited Debt Relief

Accredited Debt Relief has delivered custom financial solutions to individuals across the U.S. since 2011. We match our clients with personalized programs to reduce their unsecured debt and regain control of their finances.

Pros

• Accredited with BBB, AFCC, IAPDA
  • Various debt relief options
  • Free consultation
  • Experienced negotiators

Cons

• Must have debts of $10,000+
  • Coverage limited to 32 states

Bottom Line

Accredited Debt Relief has debt settlement services for amounts over $10,000, plus other debt-relief options. They only service 32 states, but for those who are eligible, the company’s services can provide good financial help.

Top Accredited Debt Relief Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Accredited Debt Relief?

Verified

Accredited Debt Relief was helpful and understanding … My consultant was extremely friendly and explained everything very well … After reviewing everything I was informed about I ...

Verified

Reagan was professional and helpful. She fully explained how the debt relief program worked, looked at my financial situation, and gave me clear precise options on how to handle m...

What is Accredited Debt Relief?

Accredited Debt Relief is a company offering relief programs to customers who have accumulated substantial debt. It operates in 32 states and employs a team of professional debt negotiators to act as an intermediary between you and your creditors. The company offers debt relief options like debt consolidation, debt management, debt settlement and bankruptcy.

Accredited Debt Relief is an accredited member of the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC), a leading association of professional consumer credit advocates. It is also accredited with the International Association of Personal Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA) and the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce.

How does Accredited Debt Relief work?

Accredited Debt Relief has a minimum debt requirement of $10,000. It cannot guarantee to settle a specific amount for each client because every case is different, and there are many factors in settling a debt.

If you withdraw from your debt settlement program, Accredited Debt Relief guarantees that you’ll be able to get back the remaining balance in your bank account that was opened specifically for your debt settlement.

Here’s how you can enroll in the company’s debt relief programs:

1. Sign up for a free consultation session.
  2. You will be assigned a dedicated representative as your point of contact.
  3. Sign up with the specific program that meets your requirements.
  4. Negotiations start within one to two weeks after signing up.
  5. Open a new bank account where Accredited will draw funds for your monthly payments.
  6. The first settlement will be made within three to five months of the program.
  7. If you think you’re going to miss a monthly payment, inform your Accredited representative five days in advance so he/she can work out other arrangements. Missing payments may delay your program.
  8. Continue funding your bank account. This is key to settling your debts on time.

Accredited Debt Relief services

Piling credit card and personal loans can lead to stress; however, getting rid of them can be even more challenging. Accredited offers the following debt relief services that help customers settle their debt with a budget they can afford and timeline they can follow.

Debt Settlement
Debt settlement is a program available to borrowers with a legitimate financial hardship. These are debtors who cannot continue to pay their debts under the original terms. Only unsecured loans, like credit card debt, are allowed for debt settlement. Accredited can help you negotiate for a lump sum payment, which is a lower amount than your loan balance. While the Accredited agent is negotiating, you’ll need to open a savings account where you’ll make regular deposits to build up the needed amount. Not all creditors will agree to debt settlement, but you can also explore a debt consolidation or debt management option.
Debt Consolidation
If you’re struggling to pay the minimum payments on your credit card debt, personal loans, student loans and medical expenses, consolidating all your obligations into one monthly payment is an option. Debt consolidation allows you to:
  • Free yourself of dealing with multiple creditors
  • Reduce your monthly payment
  • Lower your interest rates
  • Streamline the paying process with just one monthly payment
  • Avoid delinquencies
The common ways of consolidating your debt are:
  • Taking out a new loan to pay off all your existing obligation - The downside of this type of debt consolidation is that you may not be able to reduce your interest rate. You may also compromise your home if you get a home equity loan.
  • Debt consolidation program - A debt relief company works out an arrangement with your creditors for a possible reduction of interest and waiving of outstanding fees. You’ll then make one consolidated payment each month to your chosen debt relief company, which will distribute payments to your creditors as they are due.
Debt Management
A typical debt management plan does not involve a loan. It is part of a debt consolidation plan that can get you out of your loans faster, reduce interest rates and eliminate or minimize creditor calls. Accredited Debt Relief will review your financial situation, negotiate with your creditors and try to come up with a single monthly payment amount and schedule after deducting basic living costs like utilities, rent, mortgage and secured loans.
Bankruptcy
For people buried in debt, bankruptcy is a tempting solution as a last resort. It allows them to stop all collections and prevent wage garnishment, foreclosure, repossession and legal action. You may file for bankruptcy in one of two ways:
  • Chapter 7 bankruptcy -You may qualify for this process if you’re unable to pay a minimum monthly payment and you’re earning below the average income for your state. Allowable debts for discharge include credit card debt, personal loans, medical bills, tax debt, garnishments and car accident judgments. Ineligible debts include child support and most student loans and tax debts. You’ll be compelled to liquidate all your non-exempt assets to help pay your creditors. Assets not included are your primary residence, work equipment tools and vehicles, and certain personal items.
  • Chapter 13 bankruptcy - This is a better bankruptcy option if you’re earning more than the average income for your state. It involves restructuring your debts for a more affordable payment arrangement, but your debts are not totally discharged. Monthly payments are made to a court-appointed trustee, and the payment term may run for three to five years.
Keep in mind that bankruptcy does affect your credit score from a good score to a fair or poor one.

Accredited Debt Relief FAQ

How much does Accredited Debt Relief cost?

Accredited Debt Relief does not charge upfront fees. Fees are typically between 15 and 25 percent of the total debt enrolled. The company spreads out its fees over the life of the debt settlement program. It’s important to note that every case is different, and savings are not guaranteed. Results vary depending on the details of the case and other factors outside the control of Accredited Debt Relief. Clients who consistently make deposits to their bank account pay around 50 percent of their total enrolled debt without the fees. With the fees, they pay around 68 to 75 percent of their enrolled debt. For example, if you enroll a $20,000 debt, Accredited could negotiate that down to $10,000. You can expect a 20 percent fee of $4,000 spread out over the life of the settlement program. A 2-year term would charge you $2,000/year, while a 4-year term would charge you $1,000/year on the average.

How does Accredited Debt Relief affect your credit?

To the credit bureaus, enrolling in a debt relief program means you’re having a hard time managing your debt on your own. This can lower your credit score, limiting your access to new credit and lower interest rates. Debt relief programs start with three to five months of negotiations by the debt relief company with your creditors. This means several months of missed payments, which can cause the credit bureaus to lower your credit score further. While debt relief programs bring down your credit, it is a better alternative to bankruptcy — which stays on your credit records for at least ten years. Lenders will also appreciate your effort for doing your best to repay your debts. When you start paying according to the negotiated settlement, your credit score will gradually improve over time.

Do we recommend Accredited Debt Relief?

Accredited Debt Relief is one of the most trusted debt settlement companies. It treats debt settlement with a personal approach by assigning a dedicated representative to guide you through the entire process. We highly recommend this company for clients who want to settle unsecured debt, avoid bankruptcy and start a clean credit slate.

Accredited Debt Relief Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Accredited Debt Relief?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

Bottom line is that they DO NOT act for the best interest of the clients. Actually, they have NO incentive to actively pursue settlement to reduce the debts. Why would they endeavor to do so when they can collect settlement fees even over the failed settlements? Don’t buy into their words, for which they will not take responsibility at all.

Misleading Marketing and Taking No Responsibility. The agents of Accredited Debt Relief (aka Beyond Finance LLC) repeatedly employed misleading marketing strategy to entice a prospective client to their program before and during enrollment, asserting that 50% of debt reduction is normal for their clients and actually more often than not they could reduce more than 50% of the debt. They kept saying that all I had to do is just to make monthly payments on time, and they would take care of everything. They never informed me of a probable situation in which, due to lack of fund, settlements would be suspended and thereby I might be sued by the creditors, which indeed happened to me. And I had to make a chunk deposit to avoid court summon. That the articles in the contract do not state such words as marketed by their employees DO NOT exempt from their failure of giving a correct information to their client.

Charging over Failed Settlements and Increasing Debts. According to their own words in the email forwarded to me by their agent, “PPA at 100%, not a settlement.” Nevertheless, they charged on the three accounts of which total payment will be 100% or more than the original amount of debts. It cannot be justified for a Debt Relief Program to make money out of failed settlements. Common sense dictates that it should make money only when it actually succeeds in reducing the total payment. Among my five accounts they were able to reduce the total payments only on two accounts, of which percent of the total payment compared to the original debt is 56.97% and 75.17% respectively. Nevertheless they charged ‘Settlement Service Fee’ for all accounts. As a result, I will end up paying 10% MORE or who-knows-how-much than the original debts.

Stonewalling Necessary Information. According to CFT Pay Portal, the third party payment agency required by the law, I’m scheduled to pay 15 more months than the estimated period. As a result, the total payment will be about 10% more than the original debts, contrary to the number given by their agent. To resolve the discrepancy, I made a series of attempts to inquire of the exact date of graduation and of the total payment, which are necessary information and thus perfectly legitimate claim of a right by the client. And since the settlements have been already made on all accounts, they should be able to provide me with the final numbers.

However Accredited Debt Relief (Beyond Finance LLC) firmly refused to disclose the related information, while repeating “once we get closer to the end of the program we can draft an official letter according to the message received.” Who are “we” here? Does it include me as it should? Then, how can I know the time when “we get closer to the end of the program” when they keep stonewalling me from getting those information?

I’m completely left in the dark, not knowing how long and how much I will have to pay to graduate from this program. Will it be 20%, 30%, or 50% more than the original debt? Will it take two, five, or even ten more years to graduate? I do not know and do not trust their words that “any remaining funds will be refunded upon program completion”. How can they justify the case in which it is very likely that they may collect more than what is needed to pay off the debts? What will be counted as ‘remaining funds’ when ‘total payment’ is not clarified? How can I trust their words when they have repeatedly failed to keep their words, and have refused to disclose the necessary information?

Accredited Debt Relief response

Thank you for the feedback, Pete. We are looking into this for you and will be reaching out as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can contact us at 800-497-1965 or customerservice@acrelief.com to speak directly with a member of our team.

Support Team at Accredited Debt Relief

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I'm very grateful for Accredited Debt Relief program after being turned down by so many others, I look forward to doing business and improving my finances as I take my first step to achievement. I'm grateful I met Herb ** and Rosa **, they were very professional and made my day, Mr. ** was extremely exceptional, as he made me feel very valuable and was very reassuring, thank you accredited debt relief for having such awesome people, overall my experience was excellent, thanks again for helping me to improve my financial future.

Hi Jewel,

Thanks for the wonderful review and congratulations on starting to resolve your debt! Our team is dedicated to helping our clients overcome debt: we thrive on this type of feedback and are thrilled that our program is helping you achieve your financial goals.

Thanks again,

Support Team at Accredited Debt Relief

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

My rep was named Chris and he was amazing. He helped me through every step, explained it perfectly and was ultimately an amazing guy. I feel a huge relief knowing I'm on my way to getting rid of my debt. They work with you and make it work, they are a really good group.

Hi Coy,

Thank you for your great review about your experience with Chris. We strive to provide the top customer service to all clients. Thanks for choosing Accredited Debt Relief!

Support Team at Accredited Debt Relief

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Originally I answered an advertisement to try and obtain a debt consolidation loan, I ended up here and I am so glad I did!!! Justin was excellent at finding a debt relief option that worked specifically for my needs without having to take out another loan or file bankruptcy. He explained everything very well and was very understanding and patient through the whole process. Now I am actually excited about becoming debt free instead of stressed and overwhelmed! I would definitely recommend Accredited Debt Relief!

Hi Cherilyn,

We appreciate your awesome review! We strive to provide excellent service to all clients while settling all accounts in a timely manner. Thank you for choosing Accredited Debt Relief to assist you!

Support Team at Accredited Debt Relief

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Great service and friendly staff. I'd definitely recommend. Was helpful and now I feel going forward I'll be more financially secure. Something I wanted to do but wasn't sure. I'm definitely glad I did and now I'm happy and waiting on results.

Hi Christopher,

Support Team at Accredited Debt Relief

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

The Gentleman I spoke with was very supportive and extremely understanding. He couldn't have been more helpful and polite. My experience talking with him and getting things started in this program couldn't have gone easier because of his compassion. I recommend Accredited solutions to anyone and everyone...AAA SERVICE.

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for the great feedback and taking the steps to resolving your debt. We’re so glad to hear that our program is working for you.

Support Team at Accredited Debt Relief

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Daniel is by far the best customer care worker I have encountered in my life’s experience. He genuinely cared about my needs and through your company put my mind at ease. He explained the program ideally, he did this by forwarding me easy to understand details that made my discussion with my wife so much easier than I was imagining. Thank you to Danny. He’s a stand up guy.

Hi Ray,

We’re happy that you had such a great experience with Daniel. We put a lot of work into helping our clients move toward a brighter financial future so we’ll be sure to pass your kind words on to him. Thanks for choosing Accredited Debt Relief!

Support Team at Accredited Debt Relief

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Amber is awesome. She provided excellent customer service, guidance, & debt relief knowledge through the entire process. I am so relieved that I didn't get approved for the loan I was seeking. Jasmine ended with excellent dashboard instructions. Thank You & GOD Bless You All, Mary

Hi Mary,

Support Team at Accredited Debt Relief

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

The reason why; I am giving Mr. Benjamin ** five star is due to his encouragement and knowledge of credit. This was my first time seeking assistance; Furthermore, I felt at ease when Mr. Benjamin ** express to me his ability to negotiate with the creditor on my behalf. His staff was very nice...I didn't feel Ashamed, because of my credit was so, awful. I felt I have no hope until I talk with Mr. **. Thank you, in advance Mr. B. **.

Hi Ms. Hildegarde,

We’re happy that you had such a great experience with Benjamin. We put a lot of work into helping our clients move toward a brighter financial future so we’ll be sure to pass your kind words on to him. Thanks for choosing Accredited Debt Relief!

Support Team at Accredited Debt Relief

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I cannot say enough about the quality of service I received from Johnathan **. It has been a very long time since I have worked with someone in the service or sales arena who had the qualities he displays. In particular, in addition to being clear, concise, and kind, he was exceptionally knowledgeable about the subject matter and the services.

Hi Hannah,

We’re happy that you had such a great experience with Johnathan. We put a lot of work into helping our clients move toward a brighter financial future so we’ll be sure to pass your kind words on to him. Thanks for choosing Accredited Debt Relief!

Accredited Debt Relief Company Information