2. Finance
  3. Debt Settlement
Accredited Partner

Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.78/5

Accredited Debt Relief understands how stressful it can be to be in an overwhelming amount of debt. This is why at Accredited Debt Relief, we are committed to helping our customers get out of debt as soon as possible.

From bankruptcy and credit counseling to debt counseling, management, and debt settlement, the experts at Accredited Debt Relief are ready to assist you. Our team is trained to negotiate settlements with your creditors on your behalf for less than the full amount owed. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you!

American Fair Credit Council
eLegitimate
Top 10 Debt Consolidation
#1 Debt Company
#1 User Score
Consumers Advocate
Top 10 Reviews

BOTTOM LINE

Accredited Debt Relief has debt settlement services for amounts over $10,000, plus other debt-relief options. They only service 32 states, but for those who are eligible, the company’s services can provide good financial help.

PROS

• Accredited with BBB, AFCC, IAPDA
  • Various debt relief options
  • Free consultation
  • Experienced negotiators

CONS

• Can be more expensive
  • Coverage limited to 32 states

Top Accredited Debt Relief Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Accredited Debt Relief?

Accredited Debt Relief was helpful and understanding … My consultant was extremely friendly and explained everything very well … After reviewing everything I was informed about I decided to go ahead and enroll in the program and am looking forward to an end to my debt.

Reagan was professional and helpful. She fully explained how the debt relief program worked, looked at my financial situation, and gave me clear precise options on how to handle my needs ... She definitely kept me at ease in my time of need.

Accredited Debt Relief Get Started

What is Accredited Debt Relief?

Accredited Debt Relief is a company offering relief programs to customers who have accumulated substantial debt. It operates in 32 states and employs a team of professional debt negotiators to act as an intermediary between you and your creditors. The company offers debt relief options like debt consolidation, debt management, debt settlement and bankruptcy.

Accredited Debt Relief is an accredited member of the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC), a leading association of professional consumer credit advocates. It is also accredited with the International Association of Personal Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA) and the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce.

How does Accredited Debt Relief work?

Accredited Debt Relief has a minimum debt requirement of $10,000. It cannot guarantee to settle a specific amount for each client because every case is different, and there are many factors in settling a debt.

If you withdraw from your debt settlement program, Accredited Debt Relief guarantees that you’ll be able to get back the remaining balance in your bank account that was opened specifically for your debt settlement.

Here’s how you can enroll in the company’s debt relief programs:

1. Sign up for a free consultation session.
  2. You will be assigned a dedicated representative as your point of contact.
  3. Sign up with the specific program that meets your requirements.
  4. Negotiations start within one to two weeks after signing up.
  5. Open a new bank account where Accredited will draw funds for your monthly payments.
  6. The first settlement will be made within three to five months of the program.
  7. If you think you’re going to miss a monthly payment, inform your Accredited representative five days in advance so he/she can work out other arrangements. Missing payments may delay your program.
  8. Continue funding your bank account. This is key to settling your debts on time.

Accredited Debt Relief services

Piling credit card and personal loans can lead to stress; however, getting rid of them can be even more challenging. Accredited offers the following debt relief services that help customers settle their debt with a budget they can afford and timeline they can follow.

Debt Settlement
Debt settlement is a program available to borrowers with a legitimate financial hardship. These are debtors who cannot continue to pay their debts under the original terms. Only unsecured loans, like credit card debt, are allowed for debt settlement. Accredited can help you negotiate for a lump sum payment, which is a lower amount than your loan balance. While the Accredited agent is negotiating, you’ll need to open a savings account where you’ll make regular deposits to build up the needed amount. Not all creditors will agree to debt settlement, but you can also explore a debt consolidation or debt management option.
Debt Consolidation
If you’re struggling to pay the minimum payments on your credit card debt, personal loans, student loans and medical expenses, consolidating all your obligations into one monthly payment is an option. Debt consolidation allows you to:
  • Free yourself of dealing with multiple creditors
  • Reduce your monthly payment
  • Lower your interest rates
  • Streamline the paying process with just one monthly payment
  • Avoid delinquencies
The common ways of consolidating your debt are:
  • Taking out a new loan to pay off all your existing obligation - The downside of this type of debt consolidation is that you may not be able to reduce your interest rate. You may also compromise your home if you get a home equity loan.
  • Debt consolidation program - A debt relief company works out an arrangement with your creditors for a possible reduction of interest and waiving of outstanding fees. You’ll then make one consolidated payment each month to your chosen debt relief company, which will distribute payments to your creditors as they are due.
Debt Management
A typical debt management plan does not involve a loan. It is part of a debt consolidation plan that can get you out of your loans faster, reduce interest rates and eliminate or minimize creditor calls. Accredited Debt Relief will review your financial situation, negotiate with your creditors and try to come up with a single monthly payment amount and schedule after deducting basic living costs like utilities, rent, mortgage and secured loans.
Bankruptcy
For people buried in debt, bankruptcy is a tempting solution as a last resort. It allows them to stop all collections and prevent wage garnishment, foreclosure, repossession and legal action. You may file for bankruptcy in one of two ways:
  • Chapter 7 bankruptcy -You may qualify for this process if you’re unable to pay a minimum monthly payment and you’re earning below the average income for your state. Allowable debts for discharge include credit card debt, personal loans, medical bills, tax debt, garnishments and car accident judgments. Ineligible debts include child support and most student loans and tax debts. You’ll be compelled to liquidate all your non-exempt assets to help pay your creditors. Assets not included are your primary residence, work equipment tools and vehicles, and certain personal items.
  • Chapter 13 bankruptcy - This is a better bankruptcy option if you’re earning more than the average income for your state. It involves restructuring your debts for a more affordable payment arrangement, but your debts are not totally discharged. Monthly payments are made to a court-appointed trustee, and the payment term may run for three to five years.
Keep in mind that bankruptcy does affect your credit score from a good score to a fair or poor one.

Accredited Debt Relief FAQ

How much does Accredited Debt Relief cost?
Accredited Debt Relief does not charge upfront fees. Fees are typically between 15 and 25 percent of the total debt enrolled. The company spreads out its fees over the life of the debt settlement program. It’s important to note that every case is different, and savings are not guaranteed. Results vary depending on the details of the case and other factors outside the control of Accredited Debt Relief. Clients who consistently make deposits to their bank account pay around 50 percent of their total enrolled debt without the fees. With the fees, they pay around 68 to 75 percent of their enrolled debt. For example, if you enroll a $20,000 debt, Accredited could negotiate that down to $10,000. You can expect a 20 percent fee of $4,000 spread out over the life of the settlement program. A 2-year term would charge you $2,000/year, while a 4-year term would charge you $1,000/year on the average.
How does Accredited Debt Relief affect your credit?
To the credit bureaus, enrolling in a debt relief program means you’re having a hard time managing your debt on your own. This can lower your credit score, limiting your access to new credit and lower interest rates. Debt relief programs start with three to five months of negotiations by the debt relief company with your creditors. This means several months of missed payments, which can cause the credit bureaus to lower your credit score further. While debt relief programs bring down your credit, it is a better alternative to bankruptcy — which stays on your credit records for at least ten years. Lenders will also appreciate your effort for doing your best to repay your debts. When you start paying according to the negotiated settlement, your credit score will gradually improve over time.

Do we recommend Accredited Debt Relief?

Accredited Debt Relief is one of the most trusted debt settlement companies. It treats debt settlement with a personal approach by assigning a dedicated representative to guide you through the entire process. We highly recommend this company for clients who want to settle unsecured debt, avoid bankruptcy and start a clean credit slate.

Accredited Debt Relief Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Accredited Debt Relief?

Original review: March 24, 2020

I signed up with Accredited Debt Relief. Very efficient and proficient personnel that signed me up and welcome office. Kimberly ** is very professional and knowledgeable. Her pleasant attitude and patience was remarkable. If there was a rating above 10 I would give her an 11. Very responsive to all my concerns and answered everything that I was concerned about. The lady Ashley in the welcoming office was also extremely kind. Great team to deal with. Ian **.

Accredited Debt Relief response

Welcome to the program, Ian!

Thanks for leaving us such a glowing review! We love hearing our customers’ success stories, and are thrilled to know that you’ve achieved such an important financial goal.

We’re happy that you had such a great experience with Kimberly and Ashley. We put a lot of work into helping our customers move toward a brighter financial future, so we’ll be sure to pass your kind words off to them. Thanks for choosing Accredited Debt Relief!

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Everyone has been so supportive, so helpful, so understanding. We had tried (and got) loans to consolidate bills, and then something else goes to heck, then something else went to heck, and you have not got up on your feet.. You try to make sure all bills are paid (you skip going out for a meal...for many years..We haven't honestly had a vacation since the 1980's.) (We try to see the grand kids once a year, it doesn't work out, but we try.) Then my employer decides nobody can get overtime. (I had as much overtime as I could handle for 7 years, now NO overtime..worked here for just over 20 years!!! Now we are going backwards VERY fast.)

We quit drinking in 04/07/1988, non smokers, we are both in very good shape, under weight, but mostly not bad. Being so broke that you make sure your spouse, and your dog have food, I eat once a day. We started having lots of medical for my wife and I both. Started in 1990 of one or both of us needing lots of health care. Insurance DOES NOT cover everything. Everyone here is so, so very understanding. I am embarrassed to not being this far upside down. THANK YOU!! Thank you, thank you. Frank and Nancy

Accredited Debt Relief response

Welcome to the program, Frank!

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We know that having debt / being burdened by debt can be stressful, but we’re excited to help you take your first steps toward overcoming it. We’re committed to keeping you informed as progress is made in your debt resolution journey: you can always track your debt resolution progress by reaching out to us at customerservice@acrelief.com or 800-497-1965.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Nick ** & his team has been "FANTASTIC" getting me through the program!!! I have been making only the required payments on my credit cards now for 20 years and they have been giving me more credit because of always paying on time which has caused me to get over my head on being able to pay them. His team & Beyond has been so helpful so I can get out of debt & retire in 4 years!!! Being 61 and now have a future of no debt in 4 years is just a dream come true!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Hi Bob,

We’re happy that you had such a great experience with Nick. We put a lot of work into helping our customers move toward a brighter financial future, so we’ll be sure to pass your kind words off to him. Thanks for choosing Accredited Debt Relief!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Have to admit I was really nervous about doing this and at the same time I really hate going this route but after much prayer I felt this was the right way to go. I just want to start over and get out of debt. Peter was awesome. I felt really comfortable talking with him and he went over everything and explained it so I could understand the whole journey that I am about to take to get out of debt.

Accredited Debt Relief response

Thanks for leaving us a review, Katrina!

We’re so happy that you chose to enroll in the program, and we can’t wait to see you resolve your enrolled debt. We are also glad that Peter made you feel comfortable and explained everything to you.

We’re committed to keeping you up-to-date with your progress throughout your debt resolution journey! You can track your progress by contacting us with any questions at customerservice@acrelief.com or 800-497-1965.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

Extending help and compassion to others has great rewards,..I think most of us try to live a life where we do, indeed, find reward in helping others. There are times when we are on the receiving end,..and are grateful for the help of others. My experience with Accredited is another assurance of my faith in others. After talking with Pat ** a few times, I felt he is devoted to helping me resolve substantial credit card debt,...and help me find relief from my incessant worry. ..and to avoid future "cardinal" sin.

Pat reviewed the steps, benefits, downside, and responsibilities involved in a settlement of my debts....no rushing, no pushy persuading. I do, indeed, feel I am in good company and would/will recommend Accredited to others. I am truly grateful for all the help and guidance. Thank You! P.S. I was about to sign up with another lender (Liberty). When I told them I was going with Accredited,.the agent said that I was in good hands,...Accredited has a top-notch reputation.

Accredited Debt Relief response

We appreciate your awesome review! We strive to provide excellent service to all clients while settling all accounts in a timely manner. Thank you for choosing Accredited Debt Relief to assist you!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

It Is never a pleasant experience when going through something like this. But Jessica was understanding and patient when going through the many details that come with the program, making sure my understanding was clear. Unlike other companies that just push you through the system, I feel more confident and aware of what I am getting into!

Hi Eric,

We are very happy to hear about your positive experience with Jessica. We look forward to helping you reach your goal of resolving your debt. Thanks for choosing Accredited Debt Relief!

Support Team at Accredited Debt Relief

Original review: May 7, 2020

I was told They could drop my debt of $24320 to $18145. After 6 months of being on their 36 month payment program they eliminated one of my credit cards debt of $3000. Long story short after finishing the program I have collection companies calling my phone telling me I owe for the rest of my debt that was apparently dealt with already by Accredited Debt Relief...

Hi Adela,

Thank you for providing this feedback. In order to better understand your situation, we will be reaching out to you soon, or if you prefer, please call us at 800-497-1965.

Original review: April 9, 2020

I had a very good experience with encounter. I was informed of all my options. Everything was explained to me in a manner I understood. The process was thorough and explained every bit so I would be able to understand.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the positive rating and for taking the time to provide us with a review about your experience. We look forward to helping you resolve your debt!

Original review: April 9, 2020

I work with Matthew **. He was very professional, personable and knowledgeable. I wasn't really interested in the debt consolidation idea at first, but after Matt explained options and how it worked, it sound like the best option for me after all. Matt work with underwriting to help find a Best solution for me with a monthly payment I could afford, less than what I am now paying. Frankly I feel really relieved of the burden I have been struggling with-all the high interest rates. Thank you Matt for all your help.

Hi Jennifer,

We’re happy that you had such a great experience with Matthew and we look forward to helping you with your debt!

Thanks for choosing Accredited Debt Relief!

Original review: April 2, 2020

It was a pleasure speaking with Justin who took the time to explain the steps needed to start the debt resolution process. I have been struggling for months with card payments, realizing that the rates kept climbing on my balances. Having been laid off due to the pandemic made me face the inevitable that I needed help. I'm looking forward to good working relationship with this company.

Hi Maria,

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We love hearing our customers’ success stories and are thrilled to know that you’ve achieved such an important financial goal. We’re also happy that you had such a great experience with Justin and that he took the time to explain the program to you. We look forward to working with you as well!

Accredited Debt Relief Company Information