Call toll free
4.81/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Accredited Debt Relief understands how stressful it can be to be in an overwhelming amount of debt. This is why at Accredited Debt Relief, we are committed to helping our customers get out of debt as soon as possible.

From bankruptcy and credit counseling to debt counseling, management, and debt settlement, the experts at Accredited Debt Relief are ready to assist you. Our team is trained to negotiate settlements with your creditors on your behalf for less than the full amount owed. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you!

American Fair Credit Council
Consumers Advocate
Top 10 Reviews
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Accredited Debt Relief has debt settlement services for amounts over $10,000, plus other debt-relief options. They only service 32 states, but for those who are eligible, the company’s services can provide good financial help.

PROS

• Accredited with BBB, AFCC, IAPDA
  • Various debt relief options
  • Free consultation
  • Experienced negotiators

CONS

• Can be more expensive
  • Coverage limited to 32 states

Top Accredited Debt Relief Reviews

01/16/2019

Accredited Debt Relief was helpful and understanding … My consultant was extremely friendly and explained everything very well … After reviewing everything I was informed about I decided to go ahead and enroll in the program and am looking forward to an end to my debt.

01/21/2019

Reagan was professional and helpful. She fully explained how the debt relief program worked, looked at my financial situation, and gave me clear precise options on how to handle my needs ... She definitely kept me at ease in my time of need.

What is Accredited Debt Relief?

Accredited Debt Relief is a company offering relief programs to customers who have accumulated substantial debt. It operates in 32 states and employs a team of professional debt negotiators to act as an intermediary between you and your creditors. The company offers debt relief options like debt consolidation, debt management, debt settlement and bankruptcy.

Accredited Debt Relief is an accredited member of the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC), a leading association of professional consumer credit advocates. It is also accredited with the International Association of Personal Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA) and the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce.

How does Accredited Debt Relief work?

Accredited Debt Relief has a minimum debt requirement of $10,000. It cannot guarantee to settle a specific amount for each client because every case is different, and there are many factors in settling a debt.

If you withdraw from your debt settlement program, Accredited Debt Relief guarantees that you’ll be able to get back the remaining balance in your bank account that was opened specifically for your debt settlement.

Here’s how you can enroll in the company’s debt relief programs:

1. Sign up for a free consultation session.
  2. You will be assigned a dedicated representative as your point of contact.
  3. Sign up with the specific program that meets your requirements.
  4. Negotiations start within one to two weeks after signing up.
  5. Open a new bank account where Accredited will draw funds for your monthly payments.
  6. The first settlement will be made within three to five months of the program.
  7. If you think you’re going to miss a monthly payment, inform your Accredited representative five days in advance so he/she can work out other arrangements. Missing payments may delay your program.
  8. Continue funding your bank account. This is key to settling your debts on time.

Accredited Debt Relief services

Piling credit card and personal loans can lead to stress; however, getting rid of them can be even more challenging. Accredited offers the following debt relief services that help customers settle their debt with a budget they can afford and timeline they can follow.

Debt Settlement
Debt settlement is a program available to borrowers with a legitimate financial hardship. These are debtors who cannot continue to pay their debts under the original terms. Only unsecured loans, like credit card debt, are allowed for debt settlement. Accredited can help you negotiate for a lump sum payment, which is a lower amount than your loan balance. While the Accredited agent is negotiating, you’ll need to open a savings account where you’ll make regular deposits to build up the needed amount. Not all creditors will agree to debt settlement, but you can also explore a debt consolidation or debt management option.
Debt Consolidation
If you’re struggling to pay the minimum payments on your credit card debt, personal loans, student loans and medical expenses, consolidating all your obligations into one monthly payment is an option. Debt consolidation allows you to:
  • Free yourself of dealing with multiple creditors
  • Reduce your monthly payment
  • Lower your interest rates
  • Streamline the paying process with just one monthly payment
  • Avoid delinquencies
The common ways of consolidating your debt are:
  • Taking out a new loan to pay off all your existing obligation - The downside of this type of debt consolidation is that you may not be able to reduce your interest rate. You may also compromise your home if you get a home equity loan.
  • Debt consolidation program - A debt relief company works out an arrangement with your creditors for a possible reduction of interest and waiving of outstanding fees. You’ll then make one consolidated payment each month to your chosen debt relief company, which will distribute payments to your creditors as they are due.
Debt Management
A typical debt management plan does not involve a loan. It is part of a debt consolidation plan that can get you out of your loans faster, reduce interest rates and eliminate or minimize creditor calls. Accredited Debt Relief will review your financial situation, negotiate with your creditors and try to come up with a single monthly payment amount and schedule after deducting basic living costs like utilities, rent, mortgage and secured loans.
Bankruptcy
For people buried in debt, bankruptcy is a tempting solution as a last resort. It allows them to stop all collections and prevent wage garnishment, foreclosure, repossession and legal action. You may file for bankruptcy in one of two ways:
  • Chapter 7 bankruptcy -You may qualify for this process if you’re unable to pay a minimum monthly payment and you’re earning below the average income for your state. Allowable debts for discharge include credit card debt, personal loans, medical bills, tax debt, garnishments and car accident judgments. Ineligible debts include child support and most student loans and tax debts. You’ll be compelled to liquidate all your non-exempt assets to help pay your creditors. Assets not included are your primary residence, work equipment tools and vehicles, and certain personal items.
  • Chapter 13 bankruptcy - This is a better bankruptcy option if you’re earning more than the average income for your state. It involves restructuring your debts for a more affordable payment arrangement, but your debts are not totally discharged. Monthly payments are made to a court-appointed trustee, and the payment term may run for three to five years.
Keep in mind that bankruptcy does affect your credit score from a good score to a fair or poor one.

Accredited Debt Relief FAQ

How much does Accredited Debt Relief cost?
Accredited Debt Relief does not charge upfront fees. Fees are typically between 15 and 25 percent of the total debt enrolled. The company spreads out its fees over the life of the debt settlement program. It’s important to note that every case is different, and savings are not guaranteed. Results vary depending on the details of the case and other factors outside the control of Accredited Debt Relief. Clients who consistently make deposits to their bank account pay around 50 percent of their total enrolled debt without the fees. With the fees, they pay around 68 to 75 percent of their enrolled debt. For example, if you enroll a $20,000 debt, Accredited could negotiate that down to $10,000. You can expect a 20 percent fee of $4,000 spread out over the life of the settlement program. A 2-year term would charge you $2,000/year, while a 4-year term would charge you $1,000/year on the average.
How does Accredited Debt Relief affect your credit?
To the credit bureaus, enrolling in a debt relief program means you’re having a hard time managing your debt on your own. This can lower your credit score, limiting your access to new credit and lower interest rates. Debt relief programs start with three to five months of negotiations by the debt relief company with your creditors. This means several months of missed payments, which can cause the credit bureaus to lower your credit score further. While debt relief programs bring down your credit, it is a better alternative to bankruptcy — which stays on your credit records for at least ten years. Lenders will also appreciate your effort for doing your best to repay your debts. When you start paying according to the negotiated settlement, your credit score will gradually improve over time.

Do we recommend Accredited Debt Relief?

Accredited Debt Relief is one of the most trusted debt settlement companies. It treats debt settlement with a personal approach by assigning a dedicated representative to guide you through the entire process. We highly recommend this company for clients who want to settle unsecured debt, avoid bankruptcy and start a clean credit slate.

Accredited Debt Relief Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

All information that Dean provided me with was accurate and complete. I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to work with him and the credit relief business. It has been a real blessing considering everything I'm currently dealing with. Thanks again Dean and I won't hesitate to reach out if I have any further questions. Thanks, Ashley **

Accredited Debt Relief response

We appreciate your awesome review! We strive to provide excellent service to all clients while settling all accounts in a timely manner. Thank you for choosing Accredited Debt Relief to assist you!

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Christine at Accredited Debt Relief, was absolutely fantastic in presenting all the information necessary to secure a loan with your company. I was drowning in a sea of doubt. Christine assured me that my financial situation could only get better through your efforts. I had dealt with several companies of your nature and never felt comfortable signing on with them. Kudos to Christine; she is definitely an asset to your company. Looking forward to working with her and Accredited Debt Relief.

Accredited Debt Relief response

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Emilia was cheerful, knowledgeable and helpful. She addressed my questions and concerns. She is a credit to your organization. I had various questions about the process and she addressed them. I had questions about the monthly amounts and she addressed them. I had questions about the escrow account and how that works and she addressed those as well. She was thorough and did a very good job, in my opinion. Additionally, she advised me on how to deal with my creditors and stepped me through my action plan in that regard. Again, she is a terrific asset to Accredited Debt Relief. Thank you!

Accredited Debt Relief response

We are very happy to hear about your positive experience. We look forward to helping you reach your goal of resolving your debt. Thanks for choosing Accredited Debt Relief!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Lori was very helpful and explained everything very well. Very sympathic, she really acted like she wanted to help us get our finances back on track. Easy to talk to. She found out correct information before giving me answers instead of just making an answer up. She was so very helpful. Can't wait to get this ball rolling and things done. Just loved her. So very pleasant to me. She acted that she really cared about her customers and taking good care of them. She likes helping people any way she can. Thanks Lori.

Accredited Debt Relief response

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I can't begin to tell you how satisfied I am with my contact person, Jennifer **. From the very beginning of my conversation with her, I was very impressed with her knowledge and simplicity of making the process of handling the debt reduction understandable for me. The virtues she possesses made it so much easier for me to accept what has happened to me financially and the steps I need to follow. She has been there right along the way and has made it possible for me to see the light at the end of a very disturbing financial situation. Jennifer is a magnificent asset to your company. Can't review company yet.

Accredited Debt Relief response
We are happy to hear about your positive experience and look forward to successfully assisting you through the remainder of your debt relief program.

Thank you for choosing Accredited Debt Relief!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Accredited Debt Relief?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Our customer service rep. Sarah, has been extremely patient, understanding and helpful in working with us to try and get a handle on our financial situation. We are just getting started and I hope and pray they can deliver. We've just hit a rough patch and just needed some help. Thank you ADR!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I’m satisfied with the process of getting my account set up and will be happy once I see some of my debt being paid off. I understand it takes time and patience so I’m willing to let the process work. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

My experience in signing up for the program was very good. I had multiple questions and all were answered in a professional and timely manner. Jeffrey was my contact. We played phone tag many times. I was impressed that he always called back and did everything he said he would do. Very professional and helpful.

Accredited Debt Relief response

Thank you for your 5-star review! We appreciate your comments and look forward to successfully assisting you through the remainder of your debt relief program! Thanks for choosing Accredited Debt Relief!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Completed my paperwork today under the guide of Miss Sarah **. Patiently she answered many questions until I totally understood. I’m feeling confident today and am looking forward in this quest to be debt free and sharing my experiences with friends and family.

Accredited Debt Relief response

We appreciate the positive review! Thank you for taking time to leave positive feedback for us!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Mr. ** was very knowledgeable and prepared to answer all my questions. He was very patient in walking me through all the steps. He worked with my financial needs and met my expectations. His assistance was exceptional! I would definitely recommend the program without hesitation to a friend. Thank you!!!

Accredited Debt Relief Company Information