4.66/5
  • 1 star
Based on 424 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Pacific Debt was founded in order to address the growing tide of consumer debt in America. Today, Pacific Debt is a leader in the debt settlement field. The company settles millions of dollars in consumer debt each month, while maintaining the original vision of a consumer friendly experience. Above all, the biggest difference between Pacific Debt and many of its competitors, is the personal level of service the consumer receives throughout the process. From enrollment to client care and account management, Pacific Debt cares about their customers and their satisfaction.

Pacific Debt can service the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Virginia.

Pacific Debt Inc Video
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 18, 2017

442 Pacific Debt Inc Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Pacific Debt helps me to pay my credit card. We set up a monthly payment and they take the money out of my bank account. Their quality of service is great and I call them when I have questions. We've been working with them for two years and it’s going well. There’s plenty of time and it's a fair time to pay them the money that I owe. Right now, there's less pressure to pay that.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I was looking online for debt reconsolidation. I was struggling to make the minimum payment on my credit card each month. I was going backwards because of the interest and fees. It was just overwhelming. I talked to a couple of companies, and Pacific Debt was where I could pay it off in the least amount of time. However, we weren't able to include my credit card through my credit union and that was a bummer. Credit unions aren't willing to negotiate debt or don't have to in the same way that credit card companies and banks do.

The reps at Pacific Debt were very helpful in walking me through. The first five months were probably the worst because that was when I was getting all the calls and the threat emails. Pacific Debt was great in helping me get through all of that. It was frustrating at first to call in and speak to different people but once my account got assigned, I've spoken with Shana consistently since. I feel pretty comfortable with her. If I have any questions, I can always call or email wherein she responds.

I am anxious to get it paid off and I've been paying a little extra, but I've since lost my job. I've got unemployment thankfully but I've been concerned about making those biweekly payments and have discussed that with Shanna. She told me we could redo. We could go back to just the one amount once a month if for some reason I can't continue with the program. The credit card companies that she negotiated settlement with could just be all bets are off and I have to pay a specific amount. And I definitely don't want to do that. But if I have a friend saying they need to get out of an overwhelming debt, I would recommend Pacific Debt. They treat you like a real person.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I listen to satellite radio a lot and I keep hearing about Pacific Debt so I went online and it looked like Pacific Debt had a better rating than the other company. And while they are giving me results I was looking for, there were a few surprises here and there. You don't necessarily think about the damage they will do to your credit when you first do it. It's because of the process. I wasn't making progress but I wasn't behind at the time I started with them. Once you go with them, they don’t do anything until you’re at least six months behind. And you start putting money into an account but it’s not until you’re so far behind that they will start making contacts with the creditors and make settlements. The reps at Pacific have said that when I signed up, but I kept asking because I keep getting calls left and right and I'm avoiding those calls. But Pacific Debt has been proactive in dealing with companies and getting stuff resolved.

Right now, I'm still going through the process. I’ve only been into it for a year and a half so it probably takes another year before we get all of them paid off. But I was making more than minimum payments and I'm still not making progress because it was so much. And there were certain credit cards, for instance, that they couldn’t touch. I had two that entered the credit union and they couldn’t touch those. Overall, my life is not as positive, but I got it going. It's not the greatest but at this point, I'm glad I did it with Pacific Debt.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I had some bills that were taking a toll on me after I had a baby. I needed Pacific Debt's sure help to pay them off slowly. It was fairly easy to get enrolled in the program. I sent them copies of whatever I needed settled, signed release forms, and communicated with them. Communication was quick and easy whether it was via email or on the phone. They helped me see what exactly my monthly bills were and what was going to be doable for me, and how it could be separated based on how much I owed. If I need any changes, they are helpful and more than willing to do it. My account manager is very professional and she responds quickly. I’m not on top of things as much as she is, and she's been very helpful. She explained things clearly to me for me to understand what needed to be done.

So far, the program has worked well. I’ve got about a year to go and there are only two accounts that they haven’t resolved yet. Come August, I’m going to have less money to pay and things paid off. Pacific Debt is a good way to organize your finances when you’re having a hard time doing it on your own. However, when things get difficult, they need to be a little more lenient as to the rules and regulations. There was one instance where I couldn't pay for a particular month and they told me they needed the payment because there were companies that needed to be paid that month and there was not enough amount in my bank. Also, if I had the time and energy to call my companies of credit cards and settle things on my own, I would probably have done it in less time because of whatever their cost may be. Nevertheless, Pacific Debt is helping me out with the program and I’ve already recommended them to a couple of friends.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Pacific Debt did a really great job when I did my initial call with them so I just decided to go with them. In the beginning, there was a couple of people. As it started moving forward then it was just one person. When you just have one contact person, it's always a lot easier to get things done and not having to repeat yourself. We're about halfway through the program and it's working really well. Whenever I've had issues, they've always been able to work with me. If I have to change my date to make payment, they've also been able to work with me on that.

However, I changed account managers and I was never notified that my previous one was already gone. I had called my first account manager and didn't get any response for almost two weeks. Then, I finally called the office and spoke to one of their reps and explained the situation. Then, she got me to somebody. That person advised me that they were my new account manager and had said that the other person was no longer managing the account. Other than that, Pacific Debt has taken off a lot of stress and I would definitely recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Debt Inc?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I loved the approach of the two Pacific Debt agents that called and I initially began the process with. It was a really nervous time because it was all new to me and they were so understanding. They were very patient and engaging with me, the consumer. I called several times back and forth and each time, no question was too crazy for them. They were very knowledgeable about the process and they assured me what each step would look like and what would happen from the first day until the very last moment.

Each component of the total package was something that I approved of and Pacific Debt's total approach in each area was one of the other factors that helped me to engage and decide to go with them. It was a lot more feasible in terms of some of the other places that I began to search around and look at as well. They really were so instrumental in helping me to consolidate, pulling everything together and trying to figure out how I was going to do things. They helped me, at a very tough time, to find some peace and some way to move forward in a prosperous way. I'll never forget how kind they were to me and we've done a good job in such a short amount of time. Anything that helps you to eradicate your debt and get to your bottom goal is always a good thing. They should keep doing what they're doing.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

The customer reviews were really way high for Pacific Debt. I did debt consolidation with them and it took a lot of the burden that was on my wife and I. They shouldered it while we were going through it in our rough periods. We worked with a debt consolidator, Josh, and then he went through and negotiated with the creditors for a better weight in a reduced amount. He’s absolutely wonderful and very personable. I never felt like we were just a number. It’s always on a very personal note. We've never had to go through anything like this, so he made the transition very easy and didn't make us feel like we were doing something that wasn't ethical. We worked out very well. We've also changed it probably three times over the course of the program. We've paid more into what they even required. So, that’s flexibility there.

The cost is a bit higher than other companies, but I didn't mind paying a little bit extra when I receive the customer service that my wife and I did. I recommend the program to anyone who has the means and the resources to pay their debt and got into a really bad spot. It's nice that there's a program out there that doesn't feel like you're stuck in a corner. I didn't know that even existed until I started getting research. I have already recommended Pacific Debt to somebody. They're a relief and I'm very satisfied. We're almost done with the program and we got our lives back.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Pacific Debt is a very good company. Their customer service has been excellent. They were able to answer all my questions. I've been with them for over three years and I'm almost complete with my program. I was getting to the age where I couldn't remember things and I could never have done it by myself. It was an excellent experience.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

We received something in the mail from another place like Pacific Debt. I haven't thought about doing anything like that, but when this one came in the mail, I thought of checking it out thru the computer. It popped up Pacific Debt after I checked the first ones out. Pacific Debt sounded honest and that they were going to get the job done. Their program has been helpful and my account manager is very good. He was in a bad accident and it kind of held up the process a little bit, but that was understandable. Pacific Debt has taken a lot of stress off of my shoulders. They are wonderful.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I worked with Pacific Debt for debt consolidation. I paid their fees and they set up payments to the creditors. They withdraw $425 a month from my account. I've only settled one debt and another one will be settled on November 30th. That's two and there's three more to go. I just wish it was a little bit quicker of a process but it is what it is. I got to have patience. Tina was my personal account manager. She called me to do follow-ups. I emailed her any kind of billing statements from the creditors that are in this program. She points me in the right direction on how to handle those. I feel comfortable working with her. Anytime that I call, she does answer the phone or returns the call. I have less stress on billings coming in since working with Pacific Debt. I know the bills are being taken care of in a timely manner. I would refer a friend to Pacific.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I was in debt and I really need to just crush it. I didn't see that I was getting any better with my financial situations. So, I decided to get out of debt and seek debt relief services. The reviews showing what the company was doing was Pacific Debt’s selling point. They made it affordable where I could pay them monthly and not make it a big burden.

The first account manager I had was very one-on-one with me and helped me. If I had any question, he would just answer immediately. On the other hand, the second account manager, I don't hear from him as often. I can't call him or email him with the concerns. Nonetheless, having Pacific Debt calmed me. I don't have to worry about phone calls and people harassing me. It gives me peace of mind that I know I have someone working with me. They are great. I would recommend them highly to anyone that are having issues. I'm happy with them and I’m thankful that they’re helping me out.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

My experience with Pacific Debt was great. Kimberly ** was very professional and Pleasant. I would recommend Pacific Debt to a friend just based on how I was treated by Ms. **. She kept me informed on how my accounts were going.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Pacific Debt had a good rating. I picked up the phone, called them and they got me enrolled. I had maxed out my credit. Upon enrollment, I gave them my credit card statements and the payment was based on the total debt. They took out the payments from my bank account. It was easier to pay in one payment than pay a whole bunch of them. I needed to establish my credit rating so when I had the money to pay the stuff, I wanted to get it done so I could get myself back again. But, I was waiting for my account manager to get everything closed up. There were a couple of times I had to call to find out what was going on and I found out that the person managing my account was injured. That was the only thing that I had an issue with but the last I heard was he accepted the final payment. Pacific Debt resolved my debt issue and I’m impressed.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I was in a substantial amount of debt and it was getting harder and harder to pay. I looked up debt consolidators through 311 New York because I wanted something that was accredited and legit until I went with Pacific Debt. They provided consolidation and have reduced my payments and were able to reach settlements with certain companies that I'm in debt to. I should be done by November or December. Christine is awesome. She's been extremely helpful and accommodating to my needs and really attentive. She’s great and it was comfortable and wonderful to work with her. I've had issues come up where I wouldn’t be able to pay and I would email her and she would take care of it right away. The payment arrangement was based both on my overall debt and income and it was a smaller payment compared to a few thousand that I have to pay a month.

To my knowledge, the cost of the program is combined with my monthly payment. And just having it that way compared to having a separate payment or a bill that I have to dread towards the end is way better. It’s great and now, I'm feeling like it's free. It has released a huge stress on my shoulders. And in general, it has made me be more careful about my credit cards. Pacific Debt has been a great company to consolidate my debt and helped me figure what I needed to do, what the priorities are, and they're extremely attentive to their clients. I would highly recommend it. It's actually better than opting for a bankruptcy.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I needed to get my credit card stuff straightened out so I signed with Pacific Debt for a two-year program, which ended last May. Their rep was fine for the first year and a half, and then she's always out of office. Whenever I leave a message, she never gets back to me. But she got a couple of my bills reduced and taken care of, which was nice. Now, I'm going to cancel their services since I don't need it anymore. The rep told me that I can't do that and that I have to do this and that, but I just shut it off.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Pacific Debt negotiated with the credit card people so that we can pay our debt. We gave them a month fully paying it and they waited until they got enough money to pay off this credit card debt. They're cool. But at the beginning, they didn't allow us to settle the credit card debt directly with the credit card companies. They're making money off of people. My wife was able to contact one of the debt collectors and made her own deal with them to pay the debt off at a lesser price but Pacific Debt got upset. They told us not to call them. They messed up our credit and told us not to pay our credit card bills.

We then got phone calls for weeks from debt collectors. My wife said maybe it wasn't the best idea going with Pacific Debt. But then they finally negotiated with the debt collectors. And I think we're going to get out of debt which is good. Also, the Pacific Debt people were very helpful. They have this nice and cool lady who called me and said I needed to call her as soon as possible because we got to settle on something. It was mainly a positive experience.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Was Headed for Bankruptcy... until PDI helped me to settle over $25,000 in debt for less than 50% of the total debt. The process was very stressful at first, but PDI customer representative knew what they were doing, was extremely helpful in getting me through the first couple of months. Shonna ** did a fantastic job negotiating the settlements.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Very happy with the company, doing exactly for me what they said they would do with our finances. Very helpful agents. Always available to help when I called. Our agent Luis ** is very nice, listens and I am happy he is our agent. It has almost 3 years and we have always been aware of our account and how things have progressed.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Pacific Debt worked up an amount that I would be comfortable with. The payment plan was an automatic debit from my checking account. Also, if I have to change it, that would be acceptable as well. I had one incident one month, where I had to withhold most of the payment and they were fine with that. However, the Pacific Debt dashboard was not user-friendly. The way it’s set up, it’s hard to access and I had to change my password several times. I sent one email to one account representative, and I told them that it was a very unfriendly user site and I don’t recall getting a response, except “Here’s the website.” My husband and I went through a flood and we’ve been trying to get our house back together. I haven’t had time to deal with the issue at this time. Other than that, I would tell friends to use Pacific Debt.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I am so glad I chose Pacific Debt to help me with my debt! They are professional, non-judgmental, helpful & available! I had $24,897 in debt that they negotiated to $9,142. I would highly recommend this company! Thank you Pacific Debt!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

My wife found Pacific Debt going up on social media. We talked with them and went from there to set this thing up. We were happy with what we were hearing so we went that way. My wife was going through a business bankruptcy at the time. That really put us in a hurt locker because we had to pay for that and get that all done. Pacific Debt looked at our bills and told us that they can take care of it. They told us what amount needs to go in so every month that amount automatically is being drawn out of our check at the first of the month.There's only a couple of them left and we will be done with them soon. We're just waiting for this one to get over with so we can get back and try and get some savings put together.

It's been very good with Pacific Debt. They've switched people every now and then, but other than that, we have no problem. Whenever a bill comes in from our credit union which was one of the major bills, I send it to Pacific Debt. Periodically, we make a phone call, and see how it's going, and they keep us informed really well. They're doing 100% with what they're doing and I'm comfortable with them. They've made it a lot easier for us to live. I don't have to worry about all of these phone calls coming in and bugging me about my debt. I just say, "I'm sorry. This is being handled by Pacific Debt. Here's the phone number. You can call them. And they'll tell you what's going on." And I haven't had any problem. I get quarterly or monthly letters from one or two of them that we're still working with. And it just goes from there. I let them handle it and I stay out of it completely. I'm happy with Pacific Debt and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

In need of some financial assistance I sought information to eliminate debt, without getting deeper in debt through loans. I contacted Pacific Debt and have experienced nothing but professionalism and competence throughout the process. They have stayed in touch with me every step of the way. I am closer now to being debt free than I've been in decades. My hats off to a reputable and dependable company. Others should follow their example.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I just love Pacific Debt... My counselor, Tina **, couldn't be any more helpful or wonderful to work with. I have had to alter my payment date a couple of times this year to coincide with my paydays and Tina always works it out for me. HIGHLY recommend this company if you are drowning in debt like I was.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Really pleased and would definitely recommend PDI to a friend! Thank you very much. It's been a great thing for me... So many companies really don't follow up like PDI and all the employees I have dealt with have each been great.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

The staff and customer service were an awesome group of people, they are very professional and courteous. I would recommend this company to anyone struggling with debt. They handled my case and are completely confidential. They also helped reduce my debt with my creditors.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Working with Pacific Debt has been painless. They take a difficult time in your life and make it easy with their professional and noncomplicated process. They basically did the hard work and left the easy part for me. Working with this company has been a pleasure.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I have been with PD door almost 2 years and have been with 3 reps. I am not sure where I am really at with paying off my debt. And when I send in my statements they just say thank you. It would be nice to get an update. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I am a customer of Pacific Debt Inc. since August 2015. So far they have handled my settlements with professional courtesy and efficiency. I am very much satisfied with the way my case manager Kimberly ** has worked to deal with all my creditors to their satisfaction and mine. I would recommend Pacific Debt Inc to anyone who is in the same situation as mine.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I have had an account with Pacific Debt for just over a year. I have had nothing but wonderful service since day one. They are on top of everything and always ask my opinions when having to make a decision on any financial decisions that need to be made.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I got stuck with a lot of credit card debt. I got to the point where I was getting really depressed because the debt was not going away. I have always paid my bills on time. I've had some of these credit cards for years. Things just started building up to where I could not get caught up. The thing that really upset me was that when I called the credit card companies and asked them to simply give me a month or two, they turned me off even when I tried to explain to them the reason. It wasn't that I was trying to get away without paying. I was just trying to get caught up.

I came across another company that does debt settlement but I decided after looking at theirs to check who else is on. I looked for reviews. I always try to do my due diligence when I'm looking for anything on the internet, and that's how I came across Pacific Debt. I called them on the phone, and I must have talked to them three different times before I finally decided to make the move. I made it very clear to them that this was not what I wanted to do. I had a very good credit rating which was up around 750. I even sat down with my husband and told him what I wanted and how it's going to affect me with my credit. After we talked about it, I was embarrassed that it had gotten to that point. And he was so supportive. But Pacific Debt, from the very beginning, reassured me that they understood what I was going through. I took a leap of faith and made it very clear to them that I was putting myself in their hands.

Pacific Debt made the process extremely easy for me. They explained to me what the fee was to do it and I clearly understood that. The only thing that they asked me to do on the phone was to tell them what credit cards I have and how much I owe on each. Once they got that information, they put me on hold for just a short period of time. When they came back, they said, "Okay. This is what we can do for you. We'll do it within 48 months. And this what your payment would be. Do you think you can handle that payment?" I told them I could.

Up until that point, I have been making all my payments and they suggested that I stop making them. I started getting a little queasy about it. They explained that if I'm not making the payment, in a short period of time, I would be getting these phone calls, and I did. Pacific Debt will get in contact with the credit card companies and begin to negotiate with them, which is what they did. The program has worked well. I have one account that is still not settled, and that's because I haven't been able to build up enough in the account to have them make the phone call. My account manager, Luis, keeps in contact with me on a regular basis. He's fabulous. Pacific Debt has always reassured me saying, "Don't worry about it. If you can make some extra payments, that would be great. If not, don't worry about it." They've never pressured me. I have been extremely impressed with how they've handled it.

Three of the accounts have been settled, and one account is going to be settled at the middle of next year. Within two years, or maybe a little bit more than that, I'll be finished. And then, I will be debt-free. A month ago, my funds were a little tight because we had a granddaughter that took off for college. I had to call and ask. "Would it be possible for me to reduce my payment this month?" Some people would go, "Gosh! I don't want to call them 'cause I know what they're going to say." Luis said, "Let me see how much we actually need. And then, let me tell you what you have to pay." And he saved me $400 that month. There wasn't, "Well, you really shouldn't be doing this." They've never made me feel bad. They always understand how I feel. And as long as I'm doing my due diligence with them, they're working with me 100%.

They take a fee out every time they've settled an account, which is fine. In one particular case, they were not able to take it all out together at once so they spread it out into payments. Instead of coming to me saying, "Well, we can't settle this account because we can't get our fee 100% for the month for this account," they didn't even bother to ask me. I've never had any problem with them. Some people would probably say it's a little steep for a fee. But Pacific Debt is doing all the negotiating. They're doing all the administrative work. So, I understand that the consequence on a consumer level is that you have to pay a fee in order to get this.

The stress that Pacific Debt took off me was unbelievable. My credit level went down to about 650, but that's just fair. The charge off is on my credit report, but I will work that off eventually and go back to normal. It's been a lifestyle change for me. The experience also taught me how to manage my money better because I'm forced to use either my debit card, or Amex which has to be paid every month. Pacific Debt has produced exactly what they said they would. Their customer service is amazing.

Pacific Debt Inc Company Information