toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Pacific Debt Inc

Thank you so much for sharing your personal story. We know that being on a fixed income and carrying so much credit card debt can be a recipe of disaster. We're happy to hear that 8 of your 16 accounts are now in settlement and are confident the other 8 will be as well. We especially like to hear about the personal level of service and care you have received as a client. At Pacific Debt we make it our mission to put customer service at the center of everything we do and treat our clients like family.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

I had a serious illness and had to leave all the credit cards till my my health situation got resolved and my credit card debt got out of control. It was $3,000 a month and I was really stressed. Then I went on disability, got my teacher retirement and my monthly income was gonna be $3,330 which leaves me $300 to make car payment, buy food, and pay for my medication. It wasn't doable and I wanted to be free from the credit card debt. I contacted several companies on email and Pacific Debt was the first one that called back.

They were really quick to respond. When I contacted them, I explained that our family philosophy was we pay what we owe and they explained to me that the credit card companies also have a choice of either accepting Pacific Debt's proposal or not. I didn’t want to really file bankruptcy and take the companies to the cleaners that way. I felt better about it and I really appreciated that. I talked to several different people to see if I needed their services. They helped me know what information I would need to give them, the account numbers and how much I owe and then explained to me that after a period of time, I would go to a specific case manager. When I talked to her, she was always nice.

Also, they explained carefully what would happen and how they work. They told me how to handle the calls and said the credit card companies would get aggressive for a while because I would stop paying anything for six months so I'd have to block them and not accept their calls. Then, I started getting letters that the credit card companies were gonna sue me and put me in prison which scared me. I did get sued, Discover gave me a subpoena so I contacted Pacific Debt and they assured me that I would not go to prison. They handled it, and I never had to worry about it. Every one of them was knowledgeable about my situation. If I called and said my name, they knew who I was, which I appreciated, because I know they have a bunch of clients. Also, I could always contact them and if I called and left a call in, I knew they would call me back that day within a timely manner always. For me, they've just been a lifesaver.

I'm still in the process of settling debt. I had 16 creditors when I entered and I'm down to eight now. I knew it would be not a quick process. They explained that it could take as much as three years so I'm pleased with the process of how fast it has moved because for six months, we didn't do anything at all. It's moving along fine and I'm pleased with it. I've already recommended them to a friend of mine. They have really been wonderful to work with and professional and knowledgeable about their business. I appreciate them.

Pacific Debt Inc

Thank you so much for sharing your story. Most importantly, congratulations on retiring over $23000 in credit card debt in 3 years! We are almost there, we are looking forward to sending your completion package real soon!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

My daughter had used Pacific Debt and had a positive experience with them so I reached out to them because I had a lot of credit card debt. I am retired, on a fixed income, and couldn’t repay the debt. My experience with Pacific Debt has also been very positive. They have someone who takes the money out on a designated day every month, and we’ve been doing that for the last three years. And in three years, I only have $2,000 out of $25,000 left in debt so I’m very impressed with that. I have an excellent team leader, Brian, who takes the time to explain everything. There have been times when they have called me and asked if I do an extra $50 a month because they can make it a great and exciting deal. I couldn’t do it and they accepted that.

Pacific Debt Inc

Thanks for the great review of our service and the kind words about your Account Manager. We understand that situations such as yours, where you are caring for a family member, can be very difficult. We do our best to handle most of the heavy lifting and get the creditor accounts resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

My mom has got dementia, so she has no clue. I was taking on the responsibility of paying off all the debts and so I looked for somebody to go ahead and handle it, so I wouldn't be taking all those calls. I looked at the ratings on different review sites and found out that Pacific Debt was pretty good. So I contacted them. I interact with my credit advocate for at least once a month. After we both got on the same page, Josh would call me up, and give me the percentages, and give me a lowdown, and I would tell him to go for it. He'd set all that, it was really simple. I authorized payoffs and transactions while I was in the store shopping. Josh was awesome to work with.

I get an immediate response when they receive emails that I send. I had to make everything current then I stopped paying the debt because they had insurance charges and late fees. We had to get things delinquent enough in order to negotiate with them. After the negotiations and Pacific Debt's fee, I was 15% over what the original debt was. All that and I didn't have to mess with the phone calls. Pacific Debt took some pressure off of me just by dealing with it on a normal basis. They're a great company, and it's an excellent service to use by anybody who is beyond debt. They're very professional and it was a pleasant experience working with them.

Pacific Debt Inc

Thanks so much for your nice review. We speak to a lot of people such as yourself that are experiencing financial hardship, such as Divorce, Medical Reasons, Job loss, etc. We do our best to be compassionate, kind and understanding of your situation -- with the ultimate goal to have you debt free as soon as possible. Our Account Managers deliver a personal level of service that most services don't offer and we are glad that your experience has been "painless and simple".

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I was going through a divorce, wound up with a ton of debt and I didn't know how to get out of it. I went on Google, read a few reviews and then I contacted Pacific Debt. The part on their website where people set up their accounts and stuff is very easy to understand. The people at Pacific Debt were easy to get in contact with. Their customer relation is really good. They didn't try to talk over my head and they're very patient. They made the whole process very painless and simple to understand.

I talked to Josh. He calls me if I needed to approve something and once a month, he updates me on what's going on. I only had to call him twice. In fact, I left a message because I called at weird hours, and he got right back with me. There have been a few months where Josh was trying to get a hold of me. He wanted to update me, and I told him, "I'll talk to you next month. I'm just not in the mood this month." He was super understanding and caring. Every month something changes and there was a lot of monotonous conversation but he likes to keep in touch with me.

Pacific Debt Inc

Thank you so much for your feedback on the level of service you have received from Josh, your Account Manager. We agree that he is a tremendous asset to the company! In fact, all Pacific Debt clients receive the benefit of a personal Account Manager once we reach the negotiations phase of the program. This personal level of service allows us to separate ourselves from many of our competitors, who rely on large customer service call centers and negotiators who rarely communicate with their clients.

Be sure to ask Josh about the Pacific Debt referral program, we pay $100 per referral that enrolls once the third program payment is made.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

Experience was excellent. Josh ** was excellent. Would recommend to friends. Was kept up to date frequently and was able to contact PDI quickly. I would recommend PDI to others with similar circumstances I had. There is nothing more to say.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I inherited a lot of credit card debt because of my significant other. When she left, I'm a disabled veteran living on a fixed income. So I just quit paying my bills and needed help. I Googled and Pacific Debt was one of the names that popped up. They were the first ones that I spoke with and I liked them. I talk to my credit advocate all the time. She writes me via email or I give her a phone call. If I can't get a hold of her, she'll call me back within 10 to 15 minutes. Pacific Debt helped me out with my debt. There was one where I was almost going to court and they're taking care of it right now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When my son was in financial trouble, we had a choice of declaring bankruptcy or maintaining some level of creditability. So I looked for someone that could reassign the debt. Pacific Debt has done it a lot and they had some positive reviews, so I entered into it. The debt collection is a nasty process, but Pacific Debt has taken that out. We're still working through it because they only have renegotiated one that I'm aware of. They have reached out a little bit, but I only put money in the bank and they pull it out. I assume that they're continuing on but I could use an update on where we are at this point in time, although they do respond when I have had an inquiry. My son still got some other issues to work through, but this was a step A and working with Pacific debt has been helpful and positive.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Pacific Debt has the highest rating among other credit advocate providers. Their rep was very good and she kept me informed of everything. She contacts me at least once a month to see how's everything or if anything comes up. Pacific Debt has been very helpful in getting my credit under control.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve been working with them for less than a year but they said everything will be taken care of in five years. They were straightforward and called me about settlements and the fee and if I had any questions. They’re getting me out of the debt and that’s a good thing. They are taking the funds out and they are paying off my creditors.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was needing some help with my my finances so I decided to seek the help of Pacific Debt. I contacted their reps several times and then, they called back. We had interactions with them in getting the documentation I needed to get everything rolling and then, the account manager called me up to give me updates on how things were going. I've been working with them for about a year now. I’ve got just one payment right now and the amount that I’ll have by the time it’s paid off is going to be far less than what I would’ve been able to owe and it got me on my situation years ahead of time. It’s made things, as far as financially, quite a bit easier for me to deal with. They even kept my bills paid.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Debt Inc?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was maxed out on all of my credit cards and did not have enough money. I was also getting a divorce and had worse financial problems. I kept thinking that there is something that I can do to take care of it. But every turn that I had was blocked off. I only have a part-time job because I'm not in good health at all. I was thinking for months before I decided to check into something and call. I saw Pacific Debt’s advertisement on MSNBC and I called that number. They referred me to the Pacific Debt branch.

At first, I thought it was pretty good because when I would call to talk to the assistance, they would be able to route me to an actual advocate. I did get some deferred payments and that was good. I also felt very positive about them. However, I felt a little bit dragging behind the lag there. I've also got an advocate, but it's kind of slowing down. It's been over a week since I called there and I haven't heard back from her. I'm not doing that well either because they wanted me to turn in some papers from the credit card people and I didn’t do it because I had so many different things. I also found out later on that they charged me a much higher fixed rate than they should have.

I owe someone $3,600 and they've been nagging me about it. I'm saying, "I don't have any money. So, I can't do anything about it right now. But I hope to get to this other stuff done and catch up and get me bills to do that." And then, the guy said, "Well, how about this payment plan?" And he offered me for $2,000 which is a lot less percentage wise than what Pacific Debt was. At the time, I was fairly impressed but it was lowered somewhat. It sounds better because that included their fee which they have to pay. They've got overhead and people to pay. It was less than what I owed and they were going to handle that for me and take the stress off me. I thought that was a good deal. But at the same time, I was aware that I didn't know if that was the best deal I could find if I was confident enough to shop around and knew what I was doing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've read some reviews, how long Pacific Debt have done their business. They’re reputable and has good ratings. I called them and asked a lot of questions before I agreed to do it with them. I was in debt and felt frustrated. After working with Pacific Debt, I wasn't so stressed out and I felt that there was light at the end of the tunnel. There were extensive phone conversations, 30 minutes of explanation on how they work, what they're going to do, setting reasonable goals and the steps to accomplish them. They sent me information in case I missed or didn't understand something. They've called me every week or every two weeks to talk to me and they also sent me emails about what they had accomplished and what the next plan was. The one lady I worked with was very nice, takes time out of her day to call.

We went through all the bills and everything we owed and they gave us an estimated time at a certain rate paid when they would be done or completed. And they said, "Of course, if you pay, contribute more money, we can pay it off faster." They've gone through and tackled the two biggest things I had facing me and knocked one out in quick fashion. Working on the second one now. They explained how they had working relations with some of the people who were trying to collect from us. And made it simple. They called and asked for a permission before they do anything or take any steps. I take a picture of any mail and I send it to Tina ** and she takes action.

My overall experience has been pleasant and uplifting. Positive comes to mind instantly. Every time I think about it for several times throughout the day and every time I'd open mail, it would just be depressing. I have somebody working for me to change all that. I have a time in which I can actually start thinking about my future. There seem to be some hope to get back on track again. I own a house. I would like to move. But until I get these debts paid off, I can't do that. So, now at least I have a goal and a plan in place. I have a time frame. It's invigorating and nice. I would certainly recommend them. A friend of mine recommended me another place. I'm glad that I went here because they've been very involved, stayed in contact with me. Sometimes more or so than you would even think anybody would.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My bills were larger than my paycheck and I decided to contact a debt consolidation group. Pacific Debt had high ratings so I went with them. All of the people there were excellent from the initial phone call. They were knowledgeable, caring, and they took time. Then I was able to connect with the credit advocate every time I need it. Pacific Debt plugged it up pretty simply and so far they’ve done what they said they would do. They’ve been easy to reach and easy to deal with. I’m pleased.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Pacific Debt knew what they were doing and what had to be done. Also, the timeframe and everything was exactly what it should be. It has been a continuous communication with their credit advocate once I had signed up. I called about four times a month. Some things came up so I asked them and they answered. They also sent me emails and I responded back. One time when I received a letter, I asked, "What does this mean?" So I read it verbatim to them and they told me what it meant, what's next, what to do and what not to do. It has been great. One of my debts has already been taken care of in a sense and then the other one is being worked on. It's a great company, and so far they've done everything that they've needed to do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had an overwhelming amount of credit cards that I wasn't able to pay, and I know someone that had used Pacific Debt, so I signed up with them too. It's been great working with them. Before they do anything, they call to let me know what's going on, ask for my permission, explain everything, and then I receive a receipt and they do a follow-up call. They said that settling the debt could take a maximum of 48 months. They try to negotiate with each one as the money is collecting. It goes into a savings account, so I can always withdraw if I want to and get all my money back. Overall, they have excellent customer service, and everything that they've talked about is in writing. I trust them completely.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My outstanding debt just wasn’t getting any better and I wasn’t really able to balance life and responsibility. I went online and from everything I read, it seemed Pacific Debt Inc is a good choice. I also did some research because I was mainly concerned to make sure that they weren’t fraudulent. Having Pacific Debt Inc handle my affairs by signing a power of attorney was probably the best thing I could have done. It’s kind of been working all great since they’ve taken over. I’ve been working with them over a year now. The payment arrangement is also excellent and I can actually put food on the table now.

I also liked that their credit advocates would contact me and make sure that it was convenient, or that I was available. If I wasn’t, they were able to reschedule. They called me on my watch, not their watch which was really nice. They would call me up and talk to me, ask me what I needed, how things were going and what I needed to do on my end, and kind of walk me through the process and hold my hand. I’d get an email on confirmations and any kind of documents. And if I needed anything at any time, I can either call or email and each time I had a Pacific person to contact. So, I was always aware who was getting control of my account.

I think they are awesome people. All that I have dealt with are very friendly and compassionate. I have had nothing but good rapport with them. They have been very helpful and kind to help me out with this problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed some things consolidated. I Googled what company is the best in debt consolidation and Pacific Debt was number one. I called the first three and I felt most comfortable with Pacific so I chose them. We had a situation where the fund wasn't in the account and we tried to get in contact with them. We were able to get a hold of someone and got the problem resolved. However, I misunderstood a little bit as far as the way they do the debt consolidation. I wasn't happy about the money that I pay in. They do it one at a time instead of everything at once. So, it appears to be that I'm making payments on one source. The way that they're doing it, it takes longer for my credit to start to get back. As far as my credit goes, it seems that I'm not paying the other debts and nothing's going on. So, I wasn't happy about that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My job was going downhill and I needed help to control my debts and Google rated Pacific Debt 4 stars. I dealt with a few people and they were great about it. I haven't had any problems with any of them. Everybody was real helpful and explained it very thoroughly. We even went over important stuff two or three times just to make sure I understand it. The payment arrangement is helpful and took a lot of stress off me. They took care of it all and handled everything.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were Googling online for places to help with our credit situation and we initially contacted another company. But we could not afford to do what they had said they were able to do. It was almost as much as what we were trying to pay just trying to stay afloat. And so, we called Pacific Debt. They were the second one we contacted and they were able to make it work with us for our monthly budget. They laid out what they set up for us monthly and how long it would take to get things handled.

Their reps usually check in at least once a month with us, as well as when they get some settlements. Every person that I've talked to has been super great and answered any questions I had. There wasn't anything that they couldn't answer. They really were able to bring everything into where we could work with it with our monthly budget and did really good at settling some things a lot lower than what other companies were telling us we would have to pay.

They also made it clear that it'd be better if we were able to ever do more, because the more they have to work with, the quicker they can get things handled for us. They've done a really good job at getting everything going and handling everything for us. And we've been happy with how it's gone along. Although I wish we had more to make it go faster, but that was the point of doing a debt settlement.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'd been stressed prior to contacting Pacific Debt. I needed the help as my daughter considered bankruptcy. It's a fresh start. I'm still on the beginning of it and I have a lot more relief. The debts are getting paid and taken care of. The Pacific Debt rep called me whenever I needed her or when I had questions and she's pleasant and thorough. I told them what I needed and we listened to the terms that needed to be closed out. They were informative and they told us what was there on their end. I don't know exactly what they do but I truly appreciate it. Almost all of my debts have been settled except for a few but it's my fault and not theirs.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Pacific Debt had good Better Business Bureau accreditation so I felt getting in contact with them was a safe thing. My credit advocate reached out to me regularly. Because I don't have phone reception in my laboratory, I'm very difficult to reach. And so, they usually leave a message. They told me to get back to them if I have any questions. I would recommend them.

Resolution In Progress

Mr. Perez,

Thank you for your review. Please call your Account Manager Shonna - she can be reached at ext 296. Shonna can help get you get logged in online to view your account. You also have the ability to download your monthly account statements. Each month you should be receiving an email notifying you when the new statement is available.

If you have a difficult time getting online, please consult with Shonna - we might be able to pull the statement for you and mail it to you as alternative.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I have a large amount of debt before and I was very worried. I decided to do something about it and contacted Pacific Debt. They helped me out and reduced some of my accounts, which I’m paying off now. They’ve got at least half of it down but not all of it. I got one right now that’s reduced and it ends in August. Once every three or four months, I talk to my credit advocate and they're easy to contact. Pacific Debt has alleviated some of my problems. I put a set amount on the bank and they take out for it. But the company that takes it out never sends me information where the money is going to or how it’s going. It would be better if I could get a statement once a month from them or the bank that’s pulling the money out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

All the interactions I had with the credit advocates were really positive. I really like the first guy that I had, and the girl I have now is pretty nice as well. I had contacted a couple other companies but Pacific Debt gave me the best deal. I’ve had a good experience with Pacific Debt so far, but it would have been easier if things just got forwarded straight to them. A friend of mine went through a consolidation program with another company. I talked with them, but they wanted a little bit more every month, which I couldn’t do at that time. But I liked that their program forwarded all of the paperwork for all the credit cards and whatever problems they had to their company, so that the company left the person alone, with him or her not being worried.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had some debt that was getting the best of me so I contacted Pacific Debt. I've been working with them for almost a year and a half now and I got a lot of phone calls, emails and a monthly check in. And it probably would take another year and a half to two years. But now, it's easier to get things done and people aren't calling me anymore, so it's been good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The person from Pacific Debt that I spoke with originally sounded like a very honest man. He explained to me what they did and how they do it and how long it was going to take. He answered all the questions that I had and I was happy with his response. At first, I was getting a lot of phone calls from credit card companies and I was instructed to not talk to them and I didn't. I was also instructed to send anything and everything that I would get from the credit cards and I've done that. And now the calls are not coming so frequently. I get a call once in a while call but when they tell me where they're from then I just hang up. I kept telling Pacific Debt I don't like surprises. I don't want anything popping up at the end and they've assured me there are none.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I spoke with the guys from Pacific Debt Inc and they gave me a good deal. We started working together and I like working with them. They have negotiated two cards already and I am waiting for another two. Their credit advocates are doing pretty well and I like them. I get into contact with them maybe more than once a month. Pacific Debt also contacts and pays the credit card companies for me. I feel that the payments they’ve set up are kind of high, but they’re reasonable. Going into settlement also lowered my credit score.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was scammed by a person that allegedly was in love with me. I wound up in so much debt and there was just no way out. I was drowning. I'm 73 years old and I still have a lot of old values and I couldn't afford to pay these people what they wanted but in all conscience, I couldn't not pay them something. I found Pacific Debt and I liked the reviews. There were some bad ones but by and large, they were all positive. I talk to them by email or by phone and anytime I have a question, I usually email them and I get an answer within 24 hours. It's all been great. I'm not stressed anymore and I almost got all of the debt taken care of now. I'd recommend Pacific Debt.

I found my experience with Pacific Debt very good. Especially Armando **. Totally re-assuring guy. Also appreciated former employee Andi. The whole process was nerve racking but Armando was awesome helping me through it all. Only regret was taking more time and allotting more money per month than originally agreed upon.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We needed to get our bills paid and working with Pacific Debt was the way that we felt we could get it done. They have helped us lower the interest and us be able to make the payment. I had Andrew then who used to call me once a month. Now I have Shanna and sometimes I have to call her. But if I call, they return my phone call. I hope I'm settling these debts. I didn't want to leave owing people. But so far, my experience has gone well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I took Pacific Debt on faith and tried to do what I could do because I was in a bind. I was trying to get my bills consolidated but I didn't know what to do because the bank that I have been dealing with for years wouldn't do it and I couldn't get a loan anywhere. I don't get but $1204 a month but I said at that time if Pacific Debt could help me get out of my debt, I would be willing to sacrifice $700 out of my check. When my washing machine went out I wasn't able to have it fixed right away nor buy a new one so I had to go to the wash house to wash my clothes. My accounts were closed up like Sears for my warranties and stuff that I had on the washing machine that was covered through Sears. So I chose that as one of the warranties on the list that they're working with.

I'm limited to do so much, and on top of that, I have my tax to pay so I had to try to jiggle around to try to pay it. And I just paid it because I don't want to go into that situation when I don't pay taxes. So I paid one installment and now I'm gonna try to pay the next one before April 10th or by April 10th so it won't go delinquent. But Pacific Debt paid one debt off with US Bank, and I'm looking forward to the rest of my debt being taken care of. I don't know how many years it's gonna take but I hope it's soon. When I needed help, ran across a problem, or had a question about something, I would call Pacific Debt and try to find out if I am doing the right thing or whatever I need to do. I would recommend them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Pacific Debt representative on the phone was extremely helpful. He was spent a lot of time to explain to me everything with every little detail whatever I asked, so I'm happy with that. Also, Shonna, another rep there, was very professional and I was impressed with her. Pacific Debt is good with their customer service and the way they handled things. Every time I called if I had questions, they called me back. Everything has been perfect and their service has been excellent and I regret not calling them earlier. We better have more people like them because a lot of people is going to need them in the next years.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I contacted several companies for debt relief help and went with Pacific Debt because of my payment plan and the fact that they put all the money in a third party. It's not escrow, but there's that trust that I have control over the money, and as they make settlements, they pull the money out of there. In other plans, I would just pay the company and I didn't feel like I had as much control over the money and where it went.

I was trying to consolidate a huge amount of debt, so there was a lot of stress and concern before, but Pacific has taken over that. Instead of me talking to all the credit card companies, they're doing it for me. The lady that I'm working with is wonderful. She's been doing this work for about 12 years, so she knows how the game is played. She's been able to help me get out of debt and that's what we were looking for. She's always available and gets back to me quickly, whether I call or email her. She's honest and tells things to me straight. I respect her opinions when it comes to what we should or shouldn't settle for. I definitely would recommend Pacific Debt if any of my friends, family, colleagues, or anybody needed a debt consolidation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had cancer, heart attacks, a broken back and had an enormous amount of physician bills. Everybody from Pacific Debt has been very nice and helpful. Also, if they have come to an agreement with somebody, they would call me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed some help and I happened to call and talk to Pacific Debt. They were able to describe a plan that I thought would work well for me. My credit advocate and I interacted about once a month and it was easy to get in touch with him. However, they could never keep anybody long enough to handle my whole account. I'm on my third or fourth person now and I didn't like that. While life has been better since working with Pacific Debt, it's been putting a financial strain on me. Nevertheless, I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel now despite the long process.

Pacific Debt Inc Company Profile