2. Finance
  3. Debt Settlement
Accredited Partner

Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.62/5

Pacific Debt was founded in order to address the growing tide of consumer debt in America. Today, Pacific Debt is a leader in the debt settlement field. The company settles millions of dollars in consumer debt each month, while maintaining the original vision of a consumer friendly experience. Above all, the biggest difference between Pacific Debt and many of its competitors, is the personal level of service the consumer receives throughout the process. From enrollment to client care and account management, Pacific Debt cares about their customers and their satisfaction.

Pacific Debt can service the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Virginia.

BOTTOM LINE

Pacific Debt Relief offers a full range of debt relief services. While fees might be as high as 25%, it’s worth it if it helps you escape the cycle of debt.

PROS

• Free consultation
  • Option to avoid bankruptcy
  • Full range of debt relief services

CONS

• Fees as high as 25%

Top Pacific Debt Inc Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Debt Inc?

Pacific Debt always was responsive and treated me with utmost respect. I was able to cut my debt load by 40% and completed the program in half the anticipated time. I will never have to use their service again but would recommend them to anyone.

The cost is fair and I really like how they have handled the process overall. They have been on top of it and calling me, and it's been good. It's a tough decision to make given the consequences but it has been making up for the lapse.

Pacific Debt Inc Get Started

About Pacific Debt Inc

Pacific Debt Inc. offers a full range of debt relief services for people on the brink of bankruptcy or looking to reduce their long-term liabilities. The company has more than 20 years of experience in the industry and is accredited by the American Fair Credit Council and many trade publications.

How does Pacific Debt work?

If you have $10,000 or more in debt, Pacific Debt works with your creditors to attempt to find a solution. The company does not guarantee debt relief, but it has helped thousands of satisfied customers. To work with Pacific Debt, start by using the company's website for a free consultation.

If you qualify for its debt settlement services, the company’s representatives help you set up an account that you pay an agreed amount into each month. Pacific Debt uses the funds that accrue in this account to negotiate with your creditors on your behalf.

Pacific Debt services

There are several ways to deal with overwhelming debt. Pacific Debt has four primary service categories:

• Pacific debt management: Pacific Debt offers management services that walk you through the process of taking control of your finances. Debt management with Pacific Debt typically includes changing your spending habits and exploring other options, including debt consolidation, debt settlement and, in certain scenarios, bankruptcy.
  • Pacific debt consolidation: If you have several sources of debt and are having difficulty making the minimum payments, Pacific Debt can help. The company refinances your various debts into one easy-to-pay loan. This makes it easier for you to stay on top of your payments and may reduce the amount you owe each month.
  • Pacific debt settlement: If you have a lot of unsecured debt and are struggling to make the minimum payments, Pacific Debt attempts to lower your obligations by negotiating with your creditors. Each month, you’ll deposit money into an account that Pacific Debt employees use to attempt to settle your debt for a lump sum that is less than the total amount you owe.
  • Bankruptcy: If you cannot get out from under your debt, Pacific Debt walks you through the process of declaring bankruptcy. This is the last step when other options to reduce your debt do not work.

Pacific Debt FAQ

How much does Pacific Debt cost?
Each case is different. Depending on the type of debt relief you are seeking, Pacific debt fees for debt settlement range from 10% to 25% of the money saved. While the company does not provide financing, its partners offer rates ranging from 5% to 36% for debt consolidation loans.
How does Pacific Debt affect your credit?
Debt settlement services typically hurt your credit score, and Pacific Debt’s program is no different. However, defaulting on your debts also harms your credit, so moving in a positive direction by finding relief is typically a better option.

Do we recommend Pacific Debt?

If you’re feeling overwhelmed by debt, Pacific Debt offers several options to help. While all debt relief services may hurt your credit score, working with Pacific Debt may be able to right your financial ship. The company, accredited by multiple organizations and trade publications, walks you through the entire process, from a free quote to resolution. For this reason, we recommend Pacific Debt Inc.

Pacific Debt Inc Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Debt Inc?

Original review: April 29, 2020

The Pacific Debt rep that emailed me, emailed me a lot of information about Pacific Debt. He didn't bug me and just called me back when I said, “Call me back and let me look over some information.” He gave me time to look it over. He was also more convincing than the other people that I was talked to. I felt more at ease with him, but I’m still having problems convincing myself to do this. I’m going through it, but I’m still gonna pay them a couple of my bills. The other person that I talked to was pretty nice too. I wasn’t able to pay my rent and couldn’t pay my utilities. But with Pacific Debt, I would be able to do that. When I signed up for consumer credit counseling, they gave me a monthly payment that I could still survive.

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I was trying to get consolidated and somebody recommended Pacific Debt to me. I also checked out a few of them and it was all hitting around the same kind of mob. With the Coronavirus, a lot of are things going on right now. It’s not even close to normal times. I tried one or two before I changed my mind. I then tried to get back to work and didn’t get back working. I said that I’d go ahead with Pacific Debt and hopefully, I could get back to work and get it. The Pacific Debt rep was pretty good.

Original review: April 26, 2020

The picture and the stories on Facebook made me decide to use Pacific Debt. I worked with a team of three and they got on me on getting things so they could help me. They were able to help me out by designing the plan, showing me how to do it, and sending me information. They also gave me a specific timeframe.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I inquired about Pacific Debt before and I know how this program works but the way the rep explained it earned my trust. They provided the lowest monthly payment, which was what I was aiming for. The debt settlement process was extremely simple and they made it even easier to understand. The rep introduced himself and gave me his main contact number. I told him that I didn’t wanna speak with five different people. If they were gonna explain something, I wanna be able to come back to them so they could answer the questions that I have. They said that wasn’t a problem. The first person introduced me to the program and he said that he was not gonna be handling my account, but I could always count on him for anything. Then, he put me in contact with someone else. So far, I'm completely comfortable with the process. I was talking to two other companies as well and it didn’t seem like I could trust them.

I have only been on the phone for a couple of times with Pacific Debt because we just started but they say that they would be in touch with me every month to remind me that I have to send them the statements for the accounts. They just deducted my first payment last week. Before I gave them my bank account, I didn’t have to have any doubts about it. They asked if we could move on and if there was anything else I needed to know before I sign up with them. I told them that they explained it all. The way they walked me through everything was perfect.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

We had a super positive relationship during our program process starting in August 2019. Julia was very helpful and always available for any questions that we had. She followed up with us every couple of weeks to make sure we were happy with the process and to make sure she was available for us. She was always super positive and upbeat which was a blessing to deal with.

Original review: May 1, 2020

It was pretty easy to enroll at Pacific Debt, except after I got started, I got lost to where I was supposed to be and what I was supposed to do. But Nicholas, the rep, gave me his number and told me to call if I needed anything, and he’s been very helpful. So far, everything’s good.

Original review: April 20, 2020

When I looked at Pacific Debt, they looked like someone I might want to work with. I’m just a month behind on my bills, but I was told that I needed to be about three months behind. I was concerned about that because I didn’t wanna do that. I wanted to start working on my bills immediately but they said I needed to be behind on the bills before they could call and say anything on my behalf.

I signed up and told them that they could take money from my account on the given days to start. I go through Crossroads Trust Company where I would send Pacific Debt the money and they would negotiate for me with the money in the account. But the first day passed and they didn’t take any money away. They might be waiting for some more information from me. I get money through Social Security, so I was supposed to send them a copy but I hadn’t been able to. I did all the DocuSign things that they sent to me but I haven’t been able to send copies of paperwork to them yet. They want me to take pictures of all of my materials and send it to them. I’m not that handy with my phone yet, but I said that I’m at home and I’ve got time to learn to do that.

I was having second thoughts. Since I got a stimulus check, I was really reconsidering and just making my own arrangements with the companies. I had a loan that I ended up paying off and I still have about $600 left. I said that maybe I should put that toward my bills and talk to the companies. I’m sure everybody would be understanding with this economic situation being the way it is. I could have the same conversation that Pacific Debt is gonna have with my companies or maybe a better conversation.

I’m satisfied with the offer. Everything seems to be on the up and up and they’re a good company. I’m just concerned that once I sign, I’m committed to them for however long it takes to put the money aside. But I would like for them to do it because they could do everybody as opposed to me having to deal with each one of my creditors one at a time.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Pacific Debt had a really good rating, and they were able to help me with my massive debt. They gave me an affordable monthly payment amount and they would directly pay my debtors and try to negotiate the settlement prices on the debt to a lower one, so I was able to afford it all. The only thing I didn't like was having to wait six months being so severely in debt, but that was the only way to get the negotiation down. Of course my credit was hit horribly, but other than that, I have enjoyed my experience with them.

My personal account manager Josh was amazing. He was always very patient with me and answered all my questions in detail. Anything that he couldn't answer, he figured it out and then contacted me back. It was always an open communication. It was very professional and satisfying. He reassured me a lot and helped me with the process and how it worked. I didn't like where I was with my debt, but they didn't treat me like I was some loser that racked up all this debt and then couldn't pay it back. They spelled out everything to me ahead of time, what was gonna happen and each time it happened, so I was aware of what was happening at the time. I was not blind about anything when I got into the program and how it was. They were excellent.

Pacific Debt fit me with the payment that I was comfortable with and could afford. And as I got more independent and added a little bit more on hand, I was able to increase my payments to them, so that way it was getting paid off even quicker. For the first time in my life, I don't have any credit card debt, and I love it. Overall it's a good experience. It's a little rocky at first, but that's only 'cause I'm not the type of person to be late on a payment. It's still worth it towards the end.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Pacific Debt's service was excellent and the program was good. My two account managers were professional and I was comfortable interacting them. I talked to them two or three times on the phone and some stuff through text. They got a hold with all my creditors and gave me a good monthly payment. The agreed amount was fine. I even increased it to another $100 later on. They made payment over a certain amount of time and their settlement program didn't take as long as I thought it would. I'm now done with it and so far, my credit is better. I've got more money, less debt and less stress, too. It was a good experience, overall. If somebody would be in the same boat, I'd tell them to go to Pacific Debt and they'll help them.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Pacific Debt helped me consolidate my credit card debt. My representative was good. He had very good communication with me and gave me the details before moving forward with anything. So, it was good. They asked me what payment plan was comfortable for me and we went from there. The program is pretty good the way it is. It’s helping me build my credit back up. It’s working for me so far.

Pacific Debt Inc Company Information