toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Pacific Debt Inc

Thanks for the great review of our service and the kind words about your Account Manager. We understand that situations such as yours, where you are caring for a family member, can be very difficult. We do our best to handle most of the heavy lifting and get the creditor accounts resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

My mom has got dementia, so she has no clue. I was taking on the responsibility of paying off all the debts and so I looked for somebody to go ahead and handle it, so I wouldn't be taking all those calls. I looked at the ratings on different review sites and found out that Pacific Debt was pretty good. So I contacted them. I interact with my credit advocate for at least once a month. After we both got on the same page, Josh would call me up, and give me the percentages, and give me a lowdown, and I would tell him to go for it. He'd set all that, it was really simple. I authorized payoffs and transactions while I was in the store shopping. Josh was awesome to work with.

I get an immediate response when they receive emails that I send. I had to make everything current then I stopped paying the debt because they had insurance charges and late fees. We had to get things delinquent enough in order to negotiate with them. After the negotiations and Pacific Debt's fee, I was 15% over what the original debt was. All that and I didn't have to mess with the phone calls. Pacific Debt took some pressure off of me just by dealing with it on a normal basis. They're a great company, and it's an excellent service to use by anybody who is beyond debt. They're very professional and it was a pleasant experience working with them.

Pacific Debt Inc

Thanks so much for your nice review. We speak to a lot of people such as yourself that are experiencing financial hardship, such as Divorce, Medical Reasons, Job loss, etc. We do our best to be compassionate, kind and understanding of your situation -- with the ultimate goal to have you debt free as soon as possible. Our Account Managers deliver a personal level of service that most services don't offer and we are glad that your experience has been "painless and simple".

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I was going through a divorce, wound up with a ton of debt and I didn't know how to get out of it. I went on Google, read a few reviews and then I contacted Pacific Debt. The part on their website where people set up their accounts and stuff is very easy to understand. The people at Pacific Debt were easy to get in contact with. Their customer relation is really good. They didn't try to talk over my head and they're very patient. They made the whole process very painless and simple to understand.

I talked to Josh. He calls me if I needed to approve something and once a month, he updates me on what's going on. I only had to call him twice. In fact, I left a message because I called at weird hours, and he got right back with me. There have been a few months where Josh was trying to get a hold of me. He wanted to update me, and I told him, "I'll talk to you next month. I'm just not in the mood this month." He was super understanding and caring. Every month something changes and there was a lot of monotonous conversation but he likes to keep in touch with me.

Pacific Debt Inc

Thank you so much for your feedback on the level of service you have received from Josh, your Account Manager. We agree that he is a tremendous asset to the company! In fact, all Pacific Debt clients receive the benefit of a personal Account Manager once we reach the negotiations phase of the program. This personal level of service allows us to separate ourselves from many of our competitors, who rely on large customer service call centers and negotiators who rarely communicate with their clients.

Be sure to ask Josh about the Pacific Debt referral program, we pay $100 per referral that enrolls once the third program payment is made.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

Experience was excellent. Josh ** was excellent. Would recommend to friends. Was kept up to date frequently and was able to contact PDI quickly. I would recommend PDI to others with similar circumstances I had. There is nothing more to say.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was overwhelmed and frustrated by debt, so contacting Pacific Debt was our last resort. They told us how the process worked and asked us how much debt we had and what were the circumstances behind it. I lost my job and my wife is on social security, so we had no choice. They understood us and they helped us through the process. They said that we're going step-by-step and even offered for me to check the Better Business Bureau to see their background. There were no issues against them, so I felt comfortable and then eventually got into the paperwork side of it.

The initial phase of dealing with the customer care was very good and the transition to the account manager was fairly smooth. They're quick to respond to my emails, which is an easy way to contact them. Also, I was able to get a hold of them any time I needed them. Then if I called and they're not there right away, they'd get back to me quickly. Even though I had a lot of questions, they seemed to answer them fairly quickly. They also remind me that it's a slow process to go through. So hopefully, in a couple of years or so, we'll be cleared. We're in the process of settling one account and that the next one will be starting in about a little less than a month. As a whole, it's a relief in the sense that I don't have an enormous amount of money going out each month that never seem to be getting anywhere.

My experience with Pacific Debt and my account manager, Brian **, couldn't be more positive. He has been courteous, caring and ready to help and offer advice during my entire process. He relates on a personal level that puts you at ease and does not embarrass you at your ignorance about the process. I am extremely satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Debt Inc?

I could not have had a better person helping me. She has been super great in helping me in so many ways. Very understanding and the staff all around, and very resourceful. I would recommend your company to anyone. The last company I with cost me a lot of money and didn't get much taken care of.

So far I have been very please with Pacific Debt. Ellen have done a great job in handling my account. If I hear of anyone that need your service I well recommend them to you. Thank you for your help.

I am very happy with Pacific Debt, they saved my life in so many ways. I thank them. They were always there for me when I had questions concerning my acct. I would recommend them highly to anyone whom needs a service such as theirs. I am thankful.

Pacific Debt Inc

Thank you so much for the nice review. We are glad that we were able to meet your expectations and get you out of debt. Reviews such as yours help others make informed decisions and we appreciate them.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

When my wife and contacted pacific debt we needed a lot of help with our debt situation. I read the reviews on pacific debt. Call them up. They were top notch in everything explaining the process cost and how long it would take. Everything they said they would do happened. Thanks Pacific Debt.

I would recommend this service to anyone struggling with tens of thousands of dollars in debt. It provides peace of mind month to month that your outstanding debts will be dealt with by professionals. It's very worry-free and the terms are short.

I have worked with Pacific Debt for several years. I have found each member to be polite in their nurturing and they get to the point of stress quickly. Pacific Debt is above any other business conducting debt management. If you are having finance problems, Pacific Debt will help you solve them.

I am very pleased with the way this company and especially our debt advisor Kristen ** has handled our situation. Our debtors are being paid and we will be debt-free much faster than we could ever have accomplished on our on. We are definitely looking forward to being debt-free.

The CFT website that show payments, settlements and drafts should give more info on bills that still needs to be settled or at least list them. Pacific Debt should keep info on some kind of website we can access to see status or recommendations they have on their schedule to do for me.

The fact that we've never had a questionable credit in our lives, and all of a sudden, we have a questionable credit is the problem. I had a good experience with my interaction with Pacific Debt's reps and they relieved us from some stress though it also added some stress. But, we're comfortable with it right now.

I wanted to clear up some credit cards I had so I contacted Pacific Debt. They explained everything and let me know what's going on at all times.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I take care of a business. I went a little bit over on my credit and was having a hard time keeping up trying to pay all the debts. We picked Pacific Debt out of the internet. My wife or her friend had mentioned something, but I didn't know if they were the best debt consolidation and relief company. So far, however, they've been taking care of my business and I've been satisfied.

My wife used Pacific Debt about eight years ago. Then I was with Freedom Debt Relief and they didn't get me anywhere. I had four accounts and I was with them for four years and I still haven't had one paid off. So I went to PDI and they took over. The first guy I had was great. He left but the guy I have now is just as good, friendly and speaks with me professionally. They got me out of debt quicker than I thought and I have already recommended them to people.

I had a personal referral to Pacific Debt. When my referrer gave me their phone number, I was told that they'll work with my debts. I called them and the rep was really friendly and informative. They didn't leave any stone unturned with me and it was good service. Not all my cases had been settled yet, but they are working pretty hard on them, and it's been a relief not paying as much debt as I was.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Pacific Debt customized and negotiated my debts with my creditors and then created a plan that suits with my monthly payment. I have my account manager and we have communication very often. She sends the statement every month and I'm very satisfied. Working with them has affected me in a positive way as I have started to restore my creditability. Overall, it was an excellent experience.

We owed too much and Pacific Debt did their job and the process worked out just fine. We got us a discount. When we called, their rep was very helpful and very professional. He did a nice job for us. I would recommend someone to him. I look forward to a little bit easier and simplified life which was the reason we went with Pacific Debt.

Consumer Increased Rating!
Resolution In Progress

Resolution response: Feb. 13, 2017

They called and explained how everything was working. I am very satisfied overall now.

Pacific Debt Inc

Hey Rodolfo thanks for your feedback. We're excited that you have made so much progress already on your program. I've relayed your concerns to your Account Manager and he will be following up ASAP to make sure you get a full program update.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Pacific Debt absorbed all my debts or selected parts of my debts then very quickly, they managed to cut out a huge portion. They save my money to pay my debts. They take my $900, put it in the bank, make money or invest or whatever, then pay my debts. They negotiated with one of my lenders and cut it out right there very fast. Some of my debts are not very big but since then, nothing has moved. I haven't seen any movement since that first one and I'm getting nervous about that. However, I still pay them $900 a month. I don't know what's happening or what they're waiting on. It's possible they're negotiating right now.

I had a desperate need to settle some debts and Pacific Debt seemed the most efficient from what I found as suggested by my mother. I have had several different people helping me, but once a month, we have a discussion about what's going on with my account. They’ve been very helpful the few times that I have interacted with them over the phone and were very quick to get back to me with emails as well. They’ve handled any information that the creditors have for me and I don’t have to deal with them directly. They’ve helped a lot of the harassing phone calls and the papers that do get mailed from them. They’ve intervened with that and helped settle what they could with my account. So far, they’ve been very satisfactory in helping me with the stress that debts can give and just relieving a lot of anxiety that it can cause.

I’ve worked hard my whole life and was trying to avoid bankruptcy. I worked for the post office, but when all the post offices started closing down, I lost over half of my income. I was a single mother of two children, and I was very stressed before contacting Pacific Debt. But now, it feels better that someone’s actually taking care of those things for me, but it's still very expensive for me to make those payments. $800 a month is a lot just to pay in one lump sum for four years so it’s still very stressful to me. It was also very stressful and annoying when they would have someone try to work and take care of the situation, phone call after phone call. I'm not supposed to have my phone at work, so I had to turn it off. But then I didn't know if someone from my family would call me. But once we got through that, they helped a lot and the phone calls stopped so that was a relief.

Now, I’ve gotten three of my debts paid off. I was trying to avoid any type of judgement but I do have one against me at the courthouse right now and that’s the next one that we’re working on. So hopefully, that one will be taken care of before long. They’ve promised me to help write letters to the creditors, to get my credit back up to where it needs to be, showing the credit bureau that these debts have been paid in full.

Initially, I was skeptical about what was going to happen when I was figuring out who Pacific Debt was. I asked about how things work and they shared with me what they were going to do and how they were going to do it. I felt very comfortable. Pacific Debt has improved my life. We're still working on what I got myself into, but over 60% of what I had indebted is gone, so far, and I'm very happy with that. Also, anytime I called, they either answered or put me through whatever number that I had for their division or I would leave a message and they'd call me back within an hour to three hours.

Our experience with Pacific Debt has been positive. We have been kept up to date on the progress of our settlements and the standing of our account. Our account representative answered our questions quickly and made sure we understood completely.

Pacific Debt Inc

We are excited to hear that your program is ahead of schedule. Thank you so much for the positive feedback!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

Pacific Debt has been wonderful. I've had no issues or problems whatsoever. They have worked with us greatly. They have taken all our accounts and we got better settlements on them than what we expected. The counselor that I'm working with is really good and tells me everything that's going on. Hopefully, if this continues, we'll get out of this before the four years that we first set.

It's hard to be drowning in debt. Pacific settled all of my credit card debts pretty good and handled making payments on everything for me. And if I had a question, my credit advocate always answers the problem right away every time.

I was torn in the beginning because in all of my life, I paid my bills. And I was feeling guilty, I don’t know if I can do this and I’m not getting out of the hole. Then when I spoke with Pacific Debt, they made me feel like, “Bonnie, you are paying. You are just not paying all those ridiculous fees that they keep charging you month after month, knowing that you’ll never get out of this.” And then I felt better. I’m really glad that I did it. And they’ve been very helpful and always there for me.

I try to talk to Josh, my credit advocate at least once a month. He was out for a while because his wife was very ill and then another girl, Nicole, took over for him. She was wonderful and she was just like Josh who is always there for you to calm you down. So I’ve been very happy with them. I’m a senior citizen, and this has relaxed me a little bit and made me feel like I could retire and that I wasn’t gonna have to work until I died at my desk because I always said I was gonna retire three days after I was dead. They're lifesaving and I'm relieved. I have recommended them.

Just signed up. The company hasn't done much for me yet but I'm very confident they will. After a few months I will post another review with an update. The two sales people I spoke with were very helpful and left me feeling secure with my decision to trust this outfit with my debt problems.

We were referred by a family friend as they saved them over $50,000 in debt and couldn't say enough good things. We luckily don't have anywhere near that much debt and feel we made the right choice. We were educated on our options and have already received two settlements. 4 more to go and it's time to celebrate. Thank you Pacific Debt.

Pacific Debt Inc Company Profile