4.66/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Pacific Debt was founded in order to address the growing tide of consumer debt in America. Today, Pacific Debt is a leader in the debt settlement field. The company settles millions of dollars in consumer debt each month, while maintaining the original vision of a consumer friendly experience. Above all, the biggest difference between Pacific Debt and many of its competitors, is the personal level of service the consumer receives throughout the process. From enrollment to client care and account management, Pacific Debt cares about their customers and their satisfaction.

Pacific Debt can service the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Virginia.

Pacific Debt Inc Video

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

370 Pacific Debt Inc Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Received a call to make sure I send my updated statements for the month. My first time consolidating my bills. I have been struggling but a friend recommended me to seek help from the agency. So far they have assured me I will be assisted.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

When I looked into Pacific Debt, they looked a little more legitimate compared to the first company I called that seemed very shady. It was more comfortable when I talked with Pacific Debt on the phone. The Debt Resolution Program has been good so far. It’s going to take time as I am about a quarter through the process but it definitely helped a lot. It's still a bit of a struggle with everything but it has gotten better. I haven't needed a lot of explanations from my personal account manager but if I ever do, they’re usually good about it. I usually contact them through email unless it’s something that’s more urgent and then I’ll call them. It has all worked out smoothly and the cost in relation to the service is fair. I’ve recommended them to somebody.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I called Better Business Bureau to check and make sure that Pacific Debt was legit and they were. So far the program and the quality of their service have been very good. They got all of my bills down which are about to be paid off. I'm back on the road now and there's no more credit cost. They keep me posted with everything and they email me with everything I need. If they need anything, they’d let me know. I’m satisfied with everything that they’re doing.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I googled companies that can help with debt consolidation and Pacific Debt has a lot of articles on how they are one of the top companies. I called a couple of companies around, did my research, and then I decided to go with Pacific Debt. I had them provide me with settlement services and the experience is going well so far. My account manager was patient and responsive. He answered all my questions and called me if he thinks that something is hard to explain so things aren't misconstrued. The settlement amount was good. However, I expected the debts which were not very high to cost lower, but they were not. They were a little high.

I also didn't realize that my credit is still going to a bad status. My debt to income ratio was becoming ridiculous, which was not enabling my credit score to get any better. I took a hard hit on late payments and for it to go into collections I would have to have late payments. I moved from a person who never had a late payment to accept the fact that I was going to have that so I could eventually get to a settlement status with these creditors. So now every time I try to do something with my credit, the first thing that these people see is I had six consecutive months of late payments. Those had been a few of the challenging things that were unavoidable.

Additionally, they don’t help when they're negotiating with the company to remove the late payment history from my credit. The debt is not going to say "settled" until you're done paying. I thought that once they come to a settlement agreement that within the 60 days, it would say that that account was settled. Also, for the ones I paid in full, I'm still going to have a negative credit history for six months. I started out as a three-year plan but I want to be done by next year because I need to rebuild my credit.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I searched online for services that Pacific Debt offered. My personal account manager answered all my questions very quickly. The communication has been good but the process of coming to agreements with the creditors took a lot longer and Pacific Debt is waiting for the last creditor to come to a settlement. Pacific Debt should have details about how long it's going to take for a resolution because I still get calls after I sent a letter to creditors saying to call me in one other way. It was good that the total cost was lower than what they estimated and it's what they said it would be up front.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Debt Inc?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Well it's early for me but Josh ** my account manager is exceptional. We had to pay off American Express and it was stressful because they would not work directly with Amex so Josh had to walk me thru the process to negotiate a settlement and I have to say he help make it easy for me. Now Amex is paid off. Josh is very professional and knows his job very well.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I was paying my credit card debt and I was getting nowhere. I looked up Pacific Debt on the internet and they had good ratings. They gave me an opportunity to pay my credit card, talk to my creditors, cut my bill in half, and then pay them in a certain time. They had a representative call me and asked me about all of my credit cards. I gave them the names and numbers. He gave me his name and some forms to fill out which I did. I did it over the internet and I sent it back to him. He knew all the information about the credit cards. When he saw the number, he told me how much I was going to pay and he walked me through the process of the payments and how much they're going to charge. Everything they do is great. I looked at other companies that I could go to but the people that I spoke to talked to me and I understood exactly what they were saying. They sound honest as well.

Pacific Debt provided the 42 months payment plan and every time I receive a statement from the credit card company, I would send it to them. And as I pay monthly, they have to wait to have enough money so they can start with the payments. They started with one credit card and got it reduced to a certain amount. They called me and they let me know that they were working with that credit card. Then once they paid that credit card completely, they started with another one. They kept me up to date. Pacific Debt gave me everything that I needed and they're doing their job. Right now they did two credit cards and so far I am happy.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I have a very pleasant experience with Pacific Debt and I would recommend them. I'm in a financial hardship and I enrolled in their debt relief program. I like their Better Business' ratings and the way that the customer service handled it. The account manager and I talked to discuss all that has to be done and he was very informative. I was impressed with his courtesy and professionalism. I got the best payment plan that I was comfortable with and that worked. National Debt Relief's support to me is awesome.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Very friendly and knowledgeable. Was treated great and felt understood. The man that helped me (Rian) was patient and extremely helpful. I didn't feel like an idiot with money issues. Would highly recommend Pacific Debt to all my friends and family.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I contracted with Pacific Debt in January of 2017 and I have had an amazing experience so far. Everyone is so helpful and quick to respond. I never felt judged or looked down on ever! So far they've settled 2 of 5 debts with 50% deducted of debt. The payment plan is very affordable and they work with you along every step! I'm so relieved I chose Pacific Debt.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Pacific Debt really helped me deal with a lot of credit problems I had. Walked me through all steps and made it easy to deal with. Now I'm free and clear of all credit debt. The agents were understanding and patient with all my questions and worries.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I'm 13 months into Pacific Debt's program and it's working out great for me. They're providing me with excellent service. I have four years total so I'm well on my way into getting this finished. Everything’s been settled and I'm just paying my monthly payments. The personal account managers were wonderful and positive. They did everything on time, did everything they said they would do, and they know every word of my personal account. Everything went according to plan, and I was well-advised ahead of time. I was not clear on a few items, but when I called they cleared up every item that I've had to deal with. I thank them for helping and being able to see an end to this nightmare that I was living.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I am very pleased with Pacific Debt Inc. I am a 77 year old women who got myself way over my head in Credit Card debt. PDI was very professional and helped walk through the program. They have settled most of my debt and I am very relieved by this.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Everything was great in the beginning but I noticed later after the first year, things considerably slowed down & I didn't get answers on questions that I had related to my account. So that was a bit disappointing. It's been a couple months now almost, I have not gotten answers on some simple questions & I'm not sure why but I've just been too busy to worry about it. But I am very grateful that those first few accounts got worked on as quickly as they did.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have been impressed, they do what they say and follow up. My debt is going down faster than expected. The Customer service reps are reliable and provide great detail. They make sure you understand the process and all that takes place.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I worked with Pacific Debt once before but I canceled. I got a total refund because I tried to do a different thing. I then contacted them five months ago and started the whole thing over again. I filled out all the paperwork online that they sent me. They take a payment out every month but there have been times that I had to postpone my payment until the first of the next month and it worked out perfectly. They have done some settlements and they're waiting for the larger amount right now to finish negotiating with the companies.

I called the account manager Shanna for a couple of things and it's gone very smoothly. There was one account I was worried about but she contacted me about it last week and she negotiated for half of what it was. It was the largest debt I had so I was very happy about that. Working with Pacific Debt is expensive but in the end, it's well worth it. I've been making payments to them and we are now just going to get all my credit cards debts all finished up this month. I just sold my home so I had a bigger amount of money to throw in. I'll be ready to move on without credit cards.

I would have never been able to get it done but Pacific Debt negotiated for quite a bit less money than I would have had to pay if I continued paying the way it was. Pacific Debt is a place I can trust. I'm a widow so I'm cautious about some stuff. I feel like I wasn’t jacked around at Pacific and it was just all upfront honest. They told me what it was going to cost me and they’ve done a very good job in negotiating. I am very satisfied and would recommend them.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Joanne,

Thank you for the 5 star review and congratulations on settling your largest account. Our entire program is built on trust and honesty and we are glad your experience reflected that.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I had no job for more than a hundred days and things mounted up, so when I landed a new job there’s a 25% reduction in my income. I did some research online and came across Pacific Debt. They were among the top companies and they’ve been around for a long time. I also liked that because I’m in Southern California, they were only an hour and a half away from me, so I could go and meet with them for whatever reason I need to.

Everybody that I talked to has been phenomenal. When I filled out the initial interest form on the web on a Saturday night, someone reached out to me first thing on Monday morning. The reps and I had great conversations. They answered all my questions throughout the days of me going back with additional questions. I decided to go ahead and enter the debt consolidation program on September 1st, Thursday. It was painless and very straightforward. And then, on Tuesday at my customer care conversation, the rep walked me through, made sure I didn’t have any questions and he set expectations. Also, every time I’ve reached out, either via text, email or phone call, they were very responsive.

Since my first draft would start on the 17th, up until two weeks ago, everything was good in the eyes of all my non-secured creditors. So there’s been no phone calls other than a couple of emails now that the first group of payments has been missed. It’s been awesome. Although I know that Pacific Debt is making a percentage off of my payments, the cost is a non-factor to me because when I look at the total out of pocket cost if I continue to just make the payments I’m making now for the next three or four years versus what the anticipated end result is, it would give me significant savings. I know my credit’s going to take a little of the hit during that time, but the lesser evil is what’s going to take place. I got to keep my family going, so this seemed to be the only path forward that made sense. It’s been an informative and a very positive experience with Pacific Debt and I highly recommend them to anyone finds themselves in a similar situation.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I was way behind on my bills and needed help clearing things up. I decided to go with Pacific Debt because of the reviews. I gave the people at Pacific Debt eight different credit card accounts and they negotiated to get the principal reduced and calculated a payment for me that would take care of the immediate debts. Carly, the account manager, is the one I communicate with the most. I’m impressed with her courtesy, friendliness, and willingness to assist me. She laid out what was going on and what was the process. We just put the money in to cover what's needed. She has helped me out greatly and we’re halfway through the debtors. Pacific Debt Inc has made things financially easier. Their rate is a little high but it’s worth the money because they’ve been working very hard on getting a lot accomplished and getting our principal reduced by a lot.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

My daughter was rear-ended in Texas by a drunk guy who had no insurance and no license. She had a good job as a finance officer for a large company in Dallas, but she hasn’t worked in over three years. I was helping her get along, so I borrowed money from my $25,000 credit cards, sold a bunch of the stocks I had and refinanced my house. I got in debt and got to the point where I didn’t have money anymore. I saw that Pacific Debt had a good rating and that’s where I went with debt consolidation. I went with someone else first and then quit them because I didn’t think they were doing the job.

Pacific Debt is good about communicating and keeping me informed. They send me a text either about something or if I need anything. The account manager I've been working with is very personable, friendly, helpful and always willing to answer my questions and go beyond that. I’m very pleased and she is so good about explaining things, what they’re working on or what they’re going to do next. At the end of each month, they take money out of my account, save it, use it and try to get my debt down with two different companies. They made an offer at one place and they settled. As soon as Pacific Debt gets enough cash built up, they’ll make an offer on the other group and start paying.

I’ve always had a credit score of up to 780, but now it's 471. I hope that that Pacific Debt can help me get it back up because we’re probably going to sell our house in the next couple of months and move to Arizona. So with the 471 credit score, I won’t be able to get a loan on a house. The next time I talk to Pacific Debt, I’m going to ask if there’s any way that my credit score will go up after having agreed with these people on a lesser amount. For instance, Wells Fargo will only take 40% off so that would save me some. And the other one, I might even maybe go down to 50%. They will surely let me know when they find out what kind of settlement they make with it. Pacific Debt's help in reducing $60,000 of my debt has really helped. I don’t even think about it anymore because it’s in their hands. They’ve been good and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

My father referred Pacific Debt to me. One of his friends had used them before. Pacific Debt manages my debt and they become the middleman between me and the creditor. Their account manager I'm dealing with is the most professional and knowledgeable. I have an escrow account where I deposit funds on a monthly basis. Once I make enough funds to settle a debt, we’ll first pay the commission to Pacific Debt. Then to settle, they negotiate with my creditor, and once an agreement has been made, I make a direct deposit to the creditor which Pacific Debt handles. They suggested to make my payments a little bit higher and I settled on the number which I was financially comfortable with, contributing each month. But there has been a few times where they need additional funds to settle an account. I was able to provide that a few times and sometimes, I wasn’t able to. I still have two outstanding accounts that still need to be settled.

The quality of their service has been pretty good but the percentage which is like 20% is a little high. Also, their commission could be quite high depending on the amount. So, until they can get their commission, they cannot settle us an account so, that prohibits moving forward in a few cases. I didn’t fully understand the process until I was involved in it. But if I were to do that on my own, I would be unable to negotiate and pay myself. On the other hand, they are professional and pretty attentive, but there are a few things that I wish were a little bit different. Overall, I had a good experience and I would refer them.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I have had a wonderful experience with the staff and service from Pacific Debt to date. I would recommend Pacific to any family or friend experiencing the same situation. Friendly and responsive staff. I am almost at the end of my account and want to thank all of you who made this process worry free.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Pacific Debt had the best consumer reviews so far from different companies. They set up an account and it was very straightforward. They took my entire debt, made a general number, and divided that into 48 months. I can pay more if I want and I will have no penalty. They calculate on their own seeing how much I have and how much they're willing to settle for. I passed it through my bank account and now it's direct deposit. It just started and then as the fund grows and the creditors call, they’ll finally settle my debt through that account. The effects are going to be in the future, but it's giving me a little bit of relief.

They took their time explaining everything and were very patient. I called back and emailed them a number of times and they were very quick to respond to any of my questions. So, they have been very efficient. Other than the quickness of response, what also impressed me most was the attention to detail that they have. The process was very well managed and very organized. All the paperwork went through immediately. They did the first withdrawal and it went out smoothly. I had to change it the last minute and they were very efficient in changing things. So, I'm very impressed by them. They've given me a little more room to breathe and a little less concern about my financial obligation. I would totally recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I have been pleased with the service I have received. All staff was nice, and helpful but one so considering I had several that is pretty good. I think one thing that would have helped me would have been to understand how my bank statement better.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

We're new with Pacific Debt and we have a positive experience with them. We were drowning in credit card bills. I only called two companies. I called National, and for the amount of money we owed, they were really expensive. At Pacific Debt, everybody was really nice, really congenial and helpful and the cost was within what we could budget so I went with them. I've dealt with a girl named Eva. She's been very nice. When she wanted the statements, I just sent it to her and requested that she forwards it and she did that without a problem. She lets me know that it was done so I wasn’t kept in the dark about it.

We’re still getting phone calls from the credit card companies. I have my husband tell them we got Pacific Debt dealing with it. So far, I'm pleased with Pacific Debt. Having them relieved me of a whole lot of stress worrying about all these credit card bills because I know that they're going to get taken care of now. That's the biggest thing for me. I'd recommend them.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

It seems that with Pacific Debt, I as the customer had to do all of the work. Whether it was from sending in all statements to them, or having to hear the phone calls coming in from all creditors. It was exhausting. I was already exhausted from trying to deal with my situation. I ended up calling the creditors myself and was able negotiate with them to lower interest and payments myself.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Donna, thank you for the feedback and review. In reviewing your program, I see that you were enrolled for a little over a month and recently cancelled your program. Your first draft - less any banking fees - has been returned to you.

With regards to your concerns, in the early stages of your program we do request that you forward all creditor correspondence (such as statements and letters) as this information is crucial to your program. While this may seem unnecessary, it helps our team track your accounts and ensures that we get your first settlement as soon as possible. We only ask that you send these documents monthly. Over time, the amount of correspondence you receive will dissipate. Additionally, we advise all clients at the onset of their program that they will received creditor calls - this unfortunately can not be avoided. However, these too will dissipate with time.

With all of that said, I am glad you were able to work out lower interest arrangements with your creditors. As a reminder, our program is geared towards reducing the total debt you have - not just the interest rates. We wish you the best in the future and please contact us if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I was having issues making all my payments because of health issues and Pacific Debt is working on getting a settlement to get my credit cards paid off. The account manager lets me know what was going on and explained all the paperwork and the process to me. I'm paying them a set fee every month via automatic withdrawal and they get in contact with the creditors about getting settlements. I'm still only a month in and they said that I could complete the program in 42 months. So far, everything's okay.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I heard about Pacific Debt when my wife went through a debt issue a couple of years ago. I went with them and they handled everything really well. Everything went nice and smooth. I gave the account manager my bills that we’re going to settle on, and I made a monthly payment to an escrow account. With what I was making versus what I was still paying out to other bills, Pacific Debt put together a monthly payment and came up with an amount that I could afford. When the collections started coming in, the account manager started negotiating and the bills were being paid off. She would send me a letter or call and let me know that they had an offer for a settlement. I would agree or disagree and she could try negotiating again. She seemed to be on the ball with it. Right now I still have two accounts to be settled on, there's a lot less stress because I don’t have to deal with the collectors.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I was having trouble paying my bills and Pacific Debt was able to get me the amount per month that I was looking for. Everything is fine but I’m still in the process which just moved to a manager. My finances are still crappy and I'm just waiting to start being taken care of by Pacific Debt.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I kept trying to pay bills and I was making double payments and it didn't make any sense. And then I would get extra charges so I needed to get some help. I looked through several companies and I liked the report that Pacific Debt had in the Better Business Bureau. And I talked to them to see what they got to offer. It took a while to really understand how the program worked. I was kind of frustrated in the beginning because I was bombarded with calls from collector people for my accounts and I had never experienced that before. Pacific told me not to answer the phone and not deal with them, and that it was their job. They explained that it would be bothersome to get the calls, and they would eventually start to go away as the settlement comes in. It was what exactly happened. They kept their word.

Also, they asked me to send them copies of the information that I was getting from my creditors and that helped me understand how the program worked. And it seemed workable for me. I'm on a fixed income and they accommodated that. All of my experiences with people from Pacific Debt have been very pleasant. I first dealt with Steve and then I got turned over to another category and spoke with Kim. I was very comfortable on both occasions. They were checking with me and asking me if I had any questions. They're accommodating and they're explaining well. I have a friend who also was concerned about expenses that she was paying but she shouldn't. So I referred her to Pacific but she didn't have enough debt so they referred her to a parent company. And she was also going through what I did. With me being helped, I was able to help someone else.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

There was an imbalance in my income to pay my debts. I researched online and Pacific Debt got better reviews. I decided to move on with them and everything went smoothly. They helped me to settle with the companies. Then I've used the advising financial ins and outs and what my budget is. They were always helpful and my personal account manager was perfect. The quality of service was also perfect. I do direct automatic payments and I'm paying a certain amount every month that's deducting my total debt. The experience was nothing complicated and I'm thankful to everybody who helped me in the process. I was trapped and fearful before, but I'm free now. I totally recommend Pacific Debt.

Pacific Debt Inc Company Information