4.63/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Pacific Debt was founded in order to address the growing tide of consumer debt in America. Today, Pacific Debt is a leader in the debt settlement field. The company settles millions of dollars in consumer debt each month, while maintaining the original vision of a consumer friendly experience. Above all, the biggest difference between Pacific Debt and many of its competitors, is the personal level of service the consumer receives throughout the process. From enrollment to client care and account management, Pacific Debt cares about their customers and their satisfaction.

Pacific Debt can service the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Virginia.

View More View More

519 Pacific Debt Inc Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I had a need and I found Pacific Debt on the internet. I talked to them to try to get my debts settled. They explained that you have to deposit into an arbitration account, a firm, which is equivalent to the money that you owe, broken down into smaller payments. And then they use that allocation of funds and go see a lower balance and a lower payout for them to get to and resolve the issues, and get them resolved on your credit report. I had about 25,000 worth of debt and Pacific Debt have broken down the payments about four into the month, which was important. However, I was really concerned about the fact that you had to wait six months and basically let the accounts default before they would transact.

I’m about three months in the process and I need to turn some documents in to continue. I knew about keeping everything on a legit standpoint as far as giving them the power of attorney and all. Michael, the person that I worked with was really diligent. He called me several times and tried to get me to send documents. They need to be a little more clear though on what the cost is involved at the beginning. I didn’t really understand it at first. They had to explain it several times for me to get clued in on what exactly the process was. They were ambiguous at the beginning. But I felt very comfortable working with them after I understood everything. They were really responsive to any questions I had, whether that be by email or by telephone. Pacific Debt is a good program. As a consumer, you gotta ask questions and do your due diligence.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I had some credit card debt and I read a few articles online. Pacific Debt was one of the companies that were recommended. When I contacted them, they were persistent in calling and emailing me. The earlier neglect on their part was, in one way, they wanted my business and on the other hand, they were patient. But they were efficient and also persistent on following up and with certain updates when I got to discuss.

They got my information as far as the creditors and the amounts. Then they set up an account where I could deposit some of my savings so that they could start settling with some of them. They also asked questions, like what my expectations were, and they gave me all the options. That was how I was able to understand the program, how quickly it could be done and what needed to be done as far as the payment. They worked with me on the payment plan and were very flexible. They understood what I was able to contribute. There was the possibility to accept higher payment amounts and also, reasonable monthly amount based on my regional state budget.

Nicole was also very easy to understand and she understood my emergency and my needs. She started working on it as soon as she got the account and she would email. She was very prompt and to the point. I was impressed with her readiness in letting me know what to expect as far as settling the amounts. She provided realistic expectations. Since then, they've been able to settle and I was impressed with the speed by which I was able to settle with some of the creditors. There are two small accounts left that they’re working on to resolve by the end of the year and by the end of the month. Pacific Debt has made things quicker based on what I could do. The information provided was valuable and working with them gave me some peace of mind.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

There was a time when we were way behind in credit cards and we were looking for somebody to help us with that debt. We had another company and they were rated really low. I found that Pacific Debt was rated highly so I changed to them. Their rep, Kimberly, was very helpful. She always answered my emails and was always there if I needed to talk about something. She always told me anything I needed to know.

Eventually, Pacific Debt was able to cut our bills way down and so we were able to pay them. I was kinda leery with the whole process, giving money to somebody and then have them pay my bills. It was a monthly sum that they took out. Sometimes, I would tell them that they can't take out the amount because I needed the money for something else. When I did, they did not take out the amount for that month. Overall, Kimberly did a good job and I was happy. We feel a lot better and relieved because we're out of debt.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I had challenges with the rise in interest rates, I just went through divorce, my son was in college and had moved, and I just took a new job but it wasn't the same salary. So, it was a confluence of a perfect storm for needing help. Pacific Debt stuck out based on my personal research on them, and they were the best choice. My personal account manager answered the questions that I had. She was clear on the program and where we were at in the program, and she gave me her contact information. My payment plan was cut and dried. They told me what they'd do and what it would cost me.

There have been a lot of stuff that I’ve been dealing with, and I've had less stress since working with Pacific Debt. They have been consistent with their contact to me. The woman working on my individual plans did a really good job. I would recommend Pacific Debt. They've done what they said they were gonna do. It's a good place to start for your research and they are gonna help you out.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

A guy called and said something about helping me get rid of my credit card. I talked to him and asked him some questions, but I wasn’t convinced by his answers. I went online and started doing some research. A guy who researched several companies that dealt with alleviating credit card debt came up and Pacific Debt was one of the companies that he referred.

Pacific Debt was the only one that called me back. The first guy that I talked to didn’t call back when he said he would, and when I asked if the program would hurt my credit, he said it won’t hurt my credit. When Pacific Debt called, I asked the guy some questions and I was pleased with the answers because he was truthful. He said that it was gonna hurt my credit but I'm trying to get out of debt and when I get out of debt, my credit is gonna look great. I set up everything with Pacific Debt and they started automatically taking off the funds. They took care of everything for me and told me what to do so I wouldn’t be overwhelmed by the creditors. I didn’t have to worry about anything. All I had to do was to have the money ready for them to withdraw from my account. Then when the debt was settled with whatever card company I was with, I always get something in writing. And then at the end, I got the whole thing.

They were upfront and explained every little thing. They never did anything without contacting me first and let me know what they were gonna do. Everybody was very pleasant, personable, and professional. They weren’t so stringent that they couldn’t make you feel comfortable with them and laugh. It was a three-year program and I’ve been done for almost a year. Although I have a credit card that I use for emergencies, I found out that I don’t need credit cards to live and just use my debit card or cash. I’ll also use the layaways. I have more accessible cash now and I’m not spending every dime I have to pay a credit card bill. I had a very pleasant experience and I love Pacific Debt.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. As you mentioned, many of our competitors have misleading sales practices. We do our best to enroll fully informed clients and set proper expectations. We want you to understand all of the pros and cons before you enroll. Once enrolled, our goal is to over-deliver and provide a 5 star client experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Debt Inc?

Original review: May 8, 2019

Julia ** it has been very supporting, calling me all the time, explaining the process, asking me for statements, making feel at ease. I cant wait to see my debt clear. Thank you so much Julia and Pacific Debt. Am looking forward to work with my account manager Josh.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I would like to share with others. The great experience I had working with Julie. She kept in contact with me and motivated me to stay with my eyes on the prize. I hope that whoever has a consultant. There as motivated as my consultant was. Thanks.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Julia has been so helpful! She has explained the process so well and has been very patient with all my questions. She has made the decision to enroll in debt negotiations one I will not regret! She's a great asset to your team!

Original review: April 16, 2019

This past months would have been bad and very stressful, but for me they have been great! I found Julia, or Julia found me and she had helped me in every step of the way with getting started and understanding all that it is with Pacific Debt. I was really nervous at the beginning with a lot of questions and she just help me understand the process while making me feel at ease with everything. I found not only a consultant, but a friend in Julia, I'm going to miss her calls for sure. She's awesome at was she does and I hope she continues to help more like myself. Keep on the great work Julia!!

Original review: April 9, 2019

Choosing to seek assistance from Pacific Debt has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. With their help, I went from the extremely overwhelming and debilitating feeling of drowning in debt with no relief in sight, to the comfort of knowing that an incredibly talented team of people were working tirelessly on my behalf. The employees they pair you with along the way provide continual support and guidance. Julia made sure that I understood the process and provided me with encouragement, while also keeping me accountable. She alleviated my initial fears by being non-judgmental and even built my confidence with her reassurance. I’m excited to continue with the process and am so thankful for their whole team and the difficult work they’re willing and eager to do.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Julia has been exemplary in managing my account. Leading and guiding me through the unchartered waters of restructuring my financial life. Not only does Julia hold your hand in the process, she empowers you to be proactive for the ultimate positive outcome! Kudos to Pacific Debt for realizing “Julia is indeed a special gem”!!!

Original review: April 3, 2019

I first talked to Julia when we started the program almost a year ago. I went to her with my fears, insecurities and uncertainty about the program. Our lives have been in a complete spiral after losing my job of 13 years, and two major surgeries. We were drowning in debt (a position we had not experienced). She has walked me off the ledge more than once. Most recently, (yesterday) I was frustrated and mad and concerned and even though she is not my account manager she once again eased my fears and concerns. In my humble little opinion, she is a rock star, She not only does her job amazingly well, she actually cares about her subjects. I would have gone insane by now if not for her, Thank you Julia for always being willing to help me even though I'm not yours to take care of. I really appreciate her.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Julia was very supportive of me through all this. She always responded promptly and was very helpful. I received numerous emails, texts, and phone calls keeping me advised as to what was going on so I never had any questions or concerns through this difficult time.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Josh ** was our account manager. Our family much appreciates the future Pacific debt has helped us to secure for us from here on. We can’t thank you enough for helping us to dig ourselves out of something that seemed impossible not that long ago. We praise you all and we are thankful for everything you have done for us! You have given us a new beginning!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

We were with DebtWave and they suggested Pacific Debt to us. We then chose Pacific Debt because of the recommendation. Their enrolment process was easy and we're just getting into the program. The reps were really friendly. They helped me out through the whole thing. In terms of the payment plan, they were good with working with me on it. Though I’m still at the verge of I don’t know what I should do, my experience has been good so far.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I was with DebtWave and I told them I wanted to pay the money off at a smaller amount. They were not able to do that for me, so they suggested Pacific Debt and I went with the suggestion. The enrollment process was typical and the account managers were very professional. Although nothing has been settled yet, I'm paying less money each month. Pacific Debt gets a share of around $25 a month and when you add that up for three years, that’s a nice little amount. Nonetheless, there has definitely been less stress since working with them.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Pacific Debt had really great reviews when I looked them up online and my friend said that they really helped her. I just got started with their program. They're very detailed, easy to talk to and are really there to help. They explained to me the way everything would run. They're gonna pay off my debt, and I'm gonna be paying them a certain amount every month of taking care of it in the long run. Also, they call me every now and then to check up on me and they're always on top of things whether through the phone or email. Everything that they're doing is ace.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I was interested in debt consolidation and I researched some of the top debt consolidation companies on the internet and in the country. Pacific Debt appeared to have a good reputation and rating, so I called them and started the process. I was also in the process of trying to get a refi, thereby not needing the debt consolidation so I'm still working on that with the refi company and I am on hold right now for at least a month with Pacific.

I have one complaint with Pacific, and that was when I started getting the feeling like they had moved forward with my account without my full consent. But apparently, that wasn’t necessarily the case. They made no draws so they did the hold that I asked them to do, but it was misleading because the emails made it look like everything was. One of their girls I worked with was a little bit short with me, but we've got it resolved. And everyone else has been fine.

It's so easy to just take people’s words for everything nowadays because of the amount of paperwork that gets thrown at you in these situations. The fine print is a lot, and I felt like I was pushed to just go ahead and sign it and send it over. I've seen times where it's really good to at least glance over things. We have to be careful. There's a lot of corruption out there.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I wanted more monthly payments or get rid of debt faster and when I searched online, Pacific Debt was the most top-rated by other customers. I didn’t end up enrolling in the service. That program wasn’t for me at the time. But they offered a lot of information regarding the services. The only thing that was hard on me was the hours they were available. I work and I get off at 5:30. So when they would give me a call during the day, I couldn't take their call. Then when I would try to give them a call, their offices were closed. It would be nice if they had longer hours or later hours to talk to someone. Otherwise, they were pretty much straightforward and I felt comfortable.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I had excess debt and before deciding on Pacific Debt, I compared companies online. There were various sites that rated them. Pacific Debt is going to renegotiate my debt and the program just started. The consumer assistance team is working with me right now.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

We had credit card debt that we got into to flip houses and the reps at Pacific Debt were polite, upfront and seemed to know what they were doing. During the application and enrollment process, everybody was very helpful. The account manager was very friendly and personable. We went into debt settlement and the payment was what we expected, so that was good. Working with Pacific Debt has provided relief since I know that there is a plan and that the debt can eventually be taken care of.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

From the beginning the staff at Pacific Debt has been nothing but professional. They never tried to "sell" anything to me. I felt they were more interested in helping me, making sure I understood the options I had. The individuals I have had the privilege to deal with have been professional yet understanding and helpful. They have been comforting when necessary helping us understand what was happening each step of the way. Once we made our decision, they made it easy for us. I would recommend Pacific Debt to anyone who needs their type of expertise.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I worked with Pacific Debt and it was great. There were no hassles and I’m debt-free now. Everything was set and that’s because I did it before the plan was over. Plus, my worker, Luis, was great. He was always there to give me all the feedback and information I needed right on time. He was very detailed, very clear, and with a good sense of humor. The cost was fine for a great quality of service. I also have recommended Pacific Debt to many people.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Carmen, congrats on being debt free! Even though you are now completed, if you ever need anything, we are always here for you. Feel free to call us toll-free at 1-877-722-3328 should the need arise.

Original review: March 19, 2018

We started out okay but soon determined filing bankruptcy was in our best interest. At first our customer service rep was great but apparently she resigned. The next was very good, Nicole **. I would say for those with a LOT of debt this is not a good program.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Thanks for your feedback Thad. We advise our clients that debt settlement is an alternative to bankruptcy. However, sometimes :"life happens". Our program only works if you are able to afford the program payments. If your budget changes due to a job loss, reduction in pay or other life circumstance, bankruptcy may be the best course of action. Thanks again for your review.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Service was excellent. My Account Manager was most helpful, informed, non-judgmental. Your staff prior to signing up were all completely profession, informed and made access to your program easy. Luis ** was my manager. I would have made a recommend on another site provided, however I could not navigate. This was a success for me. Thank You.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I have been with Pacific Debt for about 2 1/2 years, as they are settling a number of accounts for me and have reached settlements with 5-6 of those accounts with about 4 being paid off. I have been very pleased with their service and would not hesitate to ever use them again.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Two credit cards got out of hand and we're on a fixed income. The situation got more than what we could handle. I did some research on the internet and found out which companies are considered good, and we also wanted to see who'd be the ones that fit our needs. Pacific Debt provided us a program to clear up the debts. They're paying off one at a time as soon as the money comes in. We pay two of the cards monthly, and then they take care of pushing it. We had just got a judgment filed on one of the card companies and now they think they're going to get money. But all we are is Social Security, so we have Nicole, Pacific Debt account manager. The problem is that same attorney's been working on one of the credit cards, and we cleared it up. But he would not accept waiting for the other one. Nicole's been in contact with the office, but as I'm concerned, the attorney is a jerk.

Nicole has all that information in there because as soon as we get something, we send it to her. She's the one that's taking care of it. Nicole is very honest about everything and she is straightforward. We send something, she always replies, even if it's a phone call. I'd encourage friends who might ask about Pacific Debt because the company did a good job for us. Pacific Debt has done everything that I want them to do, and they've been right there to answer everything.

Original review: March 8, 2018

It has been great working with Pacific Debt. The peace of mind I have now is all thanks to them. They have worked tirelessly to get me out my debt and I am grateful. Everyone there has been a real treat and I can't wait until I am done and completely debt free again.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Pacific Debt has been handling my debt payback to multiple credit companies for almost 2 years now. I appreciate the professional and down to earth approach when dealing with me and my personal debts. Tina and her team really went to bat for me when 2 companies filed to sue me for the balance I owed. Pacific Debt arranged a settlement for payback, and stopped the lawsuit! And over the course of time with Pacific Debt, my credit rating has improved dramatically! Thank You Tina and everyone at Pacific Debt.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Would not use this company in future. The account manager assigned to my account did not return my phone calls. I would be the one to have to keep calling. They also did not settle my accounts in a timely manner, I ended up settling two accounts on my own.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Thank you for your review. In reviewing your program, it reflects that you enrolled in August 2015 with an initial estimate of 39 months. As of today, your program is complete with us - congratulations. With regards to the service issues you experienced, we sincerely apologize. It is our goal to return all client calls in a timely matter as customer service is a top priority. Additionally, I do show we removed your final account at your request so that you can handle it directly. If we can be of further help in any way, please don't hesitate to coontact us.

Pacific Debt Inc expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 2002, Pacific Debt Inc. was created to address the rise of consumer debt in the United States. Since its founding, Pacific Debt has settled millions of dollars in consumer debt each month by offering counseling and solutions that put the customer first.

• Free educational resources: Pacific Debt has several free educational resources posted online with subjects like basic budgeting tips, money management advice for newlyweds, insurance purchasing guides and more.

• Client Care: Pacific Debt has a small team of dedicated Client Care professionals to help consumers gather the right documents, manage creditor calls and anything else they need.

• Personal Account Manager: When clients start settling their debts, Pacific Debt assigns them Personal Account Managers. These managers give each consumer personal attention and work closely with consumers to keep them up to date on their progress or any upcoming negotiations.

• Blog: Pacific Debt hosts a blog to keep consumers up to date with articles about debt and financial management.

• Free consultation: Consumers can get a free consultation with a debt specialist to see if Pacific Debt’s services are right for them.

• Best for: consumers who are looking for debt solutions from a company that focuses on tailored customer service.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg