toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Pacific Debt Inc

Thank you so much for sharing your personal story. We know that being on a fixed income and carrying so much credit card debt can be a recipe of disaster. We're happy to hear that 8 of your 16 accounts are now in settlement and are confident the other 8 will be as well. We especially like to hear about the personal level of service and care you have received as a client. At Pacific Debt we make it our mission to put customer service at the center of everything we do and treat our clients like family.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

I had a serious illness and had to leave all the credit cards till my my health situation got resolved and my credit card debt got out of control. It was $3,000 a month and I was really stressed. Then I went on disability, got my teacher retirement and my monthly income was gonna be $3,330 which leaves me $300 to make car payment, buy food, and pay for my medication. It wasn't doable and I wanted to be free from the credit card debt. I contacted several companies on email and Pacific Debt was the first one that called back.

They were really quick to respond. When I contacted them, I explained that our family philosophy was we pay what we owe and they explained to me that the credit card companies also have a choice of either accepting Pacific Debt's proposal or not. I didn’t want to really file bankruptcy and take the companies to the cleaners that way. I felt better about it and I really appreciated that. I talked to several different people to see if I needed their services. They helped me know what information I would need to give them, the account numbers and how much I owe and then explained to me that after a period of time, I would go to a specific case manager. When I talked to her, she was always nice.

Also, they explained carefully what would happen and how they work. They told me how to handle the calls and said the credit card companies would get aggressive for a while because I would stop paying anything for six months so I'd have to block them and not accept their calls. Then, I started getting letters that the credit card companies were gonna sue me and put me in prison which scared me. I did get sued, Discover gave me a subpoena so I contacted Pacific Debt and they assured me that I would not go to prison. They handled it, and I never had to worry about it. Every one of them was knowledgeable about my situation. If I called and said my name, they knew who I was, which I appreciated, because I know they have a bunch of clients. Also, I could always contact them and if I called and left a call in, I knew they would call me back that day within a timely manner always. For me, they've just been a lifesaver.

I'm still in the process of settling debt. I had 16 creditors when I entered and I'm down to eight now. I knew it would be not a quick process. They explained that it could take as much as three years so I'm pleased with the process of how fast it has moved because for six months, we didn't do anything at all. It's moving along fine and I'm pleased with it. I've already recommended them to a friend of mine. They have really been wonderful to work with and professional and knowledgeable about their business. I appreciate them.

Pacific Debt Inc

Thanks for the great review of our service and the kind words about your Account Manager. We understand that situations such as yours, where you are caring for a family member, can be very difficult. We do our best to handle most of the heavy lifting and get the creditor accounts resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

My mom has got dementia, so she has no clue. I was taking on the responsibility of paying off all the debts and so I looked for somebody to go ahead and handle it, so I wouldn't be taking all those calls. I looked at the ratings on different review sites and found out that Pacific Debt was pretty good. So I contacted them. I interact with my credit advocate for at least once a month. After we both got on the same page, Josh would call me up, and give me the percentages, and give me a lowdown, and I would tell him to go for it. He'd set all that, it was really simple. I authorized payoffs and transactions while I was in the store shopping. Josh was awesome to work with.

I get an immediate response when they receive emails that I send. I had to make everything current then I stopped paying the debt because they had insurance charges and late fees. We had to get things delinquent enough in order to negotiate with them. After the negotiations and Pacific Debt's fee, I was 15% over what the original debt was. All that and I didn't have to mess with the phone calls. Pacific Debt took some pressure off of me just by dealing with it on a normal basis. They're a great company, and it's an excellent service to use by anybody who is beyond debt. They're very professional and it was a pleasant experience working with them.

Pacific Debt Inc

Thanks so much for your nice review. We speak to a lot of people such as yourself that are experiencing financial hardship, such as Divorce, Medical Reasons, Job loss, etc. We do our best to be compassionate, kind and understanding of your situation -- with the ultimate goal to have you debt free as soon as possible. Our Account Managers deliver a personal level of service that most services don't offer and we are glad that your experience has been "painless and simple".

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I was going through a divorce, wound up with a ton of debt and I didn't know how to get out of it. I went on Google, read a few reviews and then I contacted Pacific Debt. The part on their website where people set up their accounts and stuff is very easy to understand. The people at Pacific Debt were easy to get in contact with. Their customer relation is really good. They didn't try to talk over my head and they're very patient. They made the whole process very painless and simple to understand.

I talked to Josh. He calls me if I needed to approve something and once a month, he updates me on what's going on. I only had to call him twice. In fact, I left a message because I called at weird hours, and he got right back with me. There have been a few months where Josh was trying to get a hold of me. He wanted to update me, and I told him, "I'll talk to you next month. I'm just not in the mood this month." He was super understanding and caring. Every month something changes and there was a lot of monotonous conversation but he likes to keep in touch with me.

Pacific Debt Inc

Thank you so much for your feedback on the level of service you have received from Josh, your Account Manager. We agree that he is a tremendous asset to the company! In fact, all Pacific Debt clients receive the benefit of a personal Account Manager once we reach the negotiations phase of the program. This personal level of service allows us to separate ourselves from many of our competitors, who rely on large customer service call centers and negotiators who rarely communicate with their clients.

Be sure to ask Josh about the Pacific Debt referral program, we pay $100 per referral that enrolls once the third program payment is made.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

Experience was excellent. Josh ** was excellent. Would recommend to friends. Was kept up to date frequently and was able to contact PDI quickly. I would recommend PDI to others with similar circumstances I had. There is nothing more to say.

Pacific Debt Inc

Thank you so much for sharing your story. Most importantly, congratulations on retiring over $23000 in credit card debt in 3 years! We are almost there, we are looking forward to sending your completion package real soon!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

My daughter had used Pacific Debt and had a positive experience with them so I reached out to them because I had a lot of credit card debt. I am retired, on a fixed income, and couldn’t repay the debt. My experience with Pacific Debt has also been very positive. They have someone who takes the money out on a designated day every month, and we’ve been doing that for the last three years. And in three years, I only have $2,000 out of $25,000 left in debt so I’m very impressed with that. I have an excellent team leader, Brian, who takes the time to explain everything. There have been times when they have called me and asked if I do an extra $50 a month because they can make it a great and exciting deal. I couldn’t do it and they accepted that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Debt Inc?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have nothing but praises for Pacific Debt. They really handled a very difficult situation. I was bamboozled by somebody and lost a tremendous amount of money. He maxed out all my credit cards and I didn't know where to go or what to do. Pacific Debt helped me consolidate and downgraded three major credit cards. They were very gracious over the phone and made me feel that I was not at fault. They put everything in perspective and reassured me that things would work out. It gave me confidence again that I could take care of this. I was a single woman, a widow, and I had a dependent child. I'm a hard worker and somebody took advantage of me. So, to me, Pacific Debt was a lifesaver.

My interactions with their credit advocate was weekly in the beginning and there was a lot of communication. There were three major debts, one was a loan and two were credit cards so we took care of them one at a time. I mailed all my information to them and faxed it over, then she always kept abreast of everything so it was really good. I worked with one particular person and it's nice because it wasn't a different person every time I called and she gave me her number. I could always leave a message and she would call back. Pacific Debt was an honest and reasonable company, and it was something I could tangibly work with. I made a goal for myself and I felt the payback was something that I could handle. They really fought for me to try and lower the debts. I wasn't even aware that there were these kinds of companies out there until I was in desperate trouble. Pacific Debt gave me peace of mind and restored my confidence.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Pacific Debt is great. I was out of a job, my credit cards were getting stacked up, and my husband's another situation, so I had to act fast. I called and talked to them, and they were real nice. They contact the creditors, talk to them, and then come to an agreement. And when they come to an agreement, they let me know. They really work hard to get me out of debt, and have done quite a few settlements already. They email me about two or three times in a month, call me at least once a month, and if I need to talk to them, they send the phone number for me to call. The process is building up my credit. I had bad credit before and now my credit's pretty good. I will recommend them to anybody. Whatever question or concern I have, they're willing to answer and they make me feel good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My stress level was out of this world because I got in over my head with debt. I had to find a way to resolve it so I contacted Pacific Debt. I've worked with two of their credit advocates and both were great. Also, they were very helpful, knowledgeable, and able to answer all of my questions. They took care of contacting my creditors and working with them to get my payment down. Some have already been resolved while others are still ongoing and they let me know what's going on each step of the way. To be honest, the process has been very hard. That's quite a bit of money coming out of my bank account to pay for this even though I'm not paying the full amount to my creditors which is horrible in itself. I barely make ends meet, I live on my social security and that's my only earnings. On the whole, Pacific Debt has been a Godsend. I would definitely recommend this company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm getting older, my husband's getting older, we both are beginning to have some health issues, and I wanted to try to get as much of my stuff paid off as possible without ruining my credit. The rep from Pacific and I have a very good relationship. I have an email and a telephone number where I can get a hold of her and she's very helpful. Pacific Debt has helped me tremendously with the anxiety that I was having because I know now that they're taking care of everything. I provide the monthly payment to the banking account, they work with the creditors, pay them, and work out a deal. It's tough making the larger payment, but knowing they're making the larger payment and taking care of many more accounts makes it much more palatable. It seems to be working very well.

Pacific Debt Inc

Thanks Leslie - we are all about reducing the stress and anxiety caused by high interest credit card debt. Shauna is a great asset to our team and she loves delivering great results for her clients. Before you know if we will be sending you your completion package!

Original review: March 16, 2017

Pacific Debt came up on one of my credit cards and I went online. I have a really good experience with Shauna. She takes care of me really well. Anytime I needed to talk to her I'd shoot her an email and she'd get right back to me or when we had to get anything done, she's prompt in getting through to me. I've had less stress since working with Pacific and we're almost done.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have about $100,00 in debt in different credit cards which was a result of divorce and my kids flying from St. Louise to Miami, and I cannot do this myself. I researched in the internet and found several companies that may help me with my financial needs. And that's where I did check reference. It wasn't an easy decision. Every company when they called me, there wasn't a pleasant conversation. But specifically, one made me more confident with Better Business Bureau. After this, I decided to call Pacific Debt and they were just excellent. I spoke to a lady who has enrolled me, then had a conversation with the management.

At first I was afraid to sign to this program because it's about money and debt. But they made me comfortable, listened to me, and understood my needs. I am really happy. So I signed into the program with a specific person who takes care of my needs. I can communicate with this person all the time like very personal. I sent all my statements to them and counted my chances to be settled with different companies and made ways to make how much I would pay monthly. They really care about their customers and I was surprised how good they were. We're already with the two settlements. I know as soon as they have more money in account we will settle two other credit cards. I will recommend them to friends if some would have the same situation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was searching for debt relief programs in the internet and Pacific Debt was the first one that came up. I looked it up on the Better Business Bureau and read a couple reviews. With any program like that, it's always hard to know if it's legit because there are a lot of scams out there that might be similar. But it seemed like it’s checked out and everybody had a really positive experience, so I decided to go with it. However, I wasn’t entirely sure what the plan was until I had invested a month into it. For the first month, it was a bit scary because I didn’t know what the goal was and how it was all going to go down. But after that, it was explained really well and everything made sense. In fact, I'm in the clear by the end of summer.

It was definitely a better alternative because rather than declaring bankruptcy, which was my only other real alternative, it gave me a way to do things and still stay floating. There is still a certain amount that I'm paying per month that if I weren’t employed would be pretty difficult, but we're making it work. The peace of mind has been huge. They have taken care of and explained everything really well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed some relief from debt so I sought their help. The process is still ongoing, and it's been great with the credit advocate who's not been hard to get a hold of when I have questions.

Pacific Debt Inc

Sharon, thank you so much for your great 5 star review. You touched on a couple of issues that make me very proud to be a Pacific Debt team member.

1) We take the time to build a plan around your budget. This isn't a "one size fit's all" type of program.

2) Our staff members offer "personal attention" and "care about people". Like most businesses, this is a business of relationships. We work hard to build strong relationships with our clients and in turn build trust with our clients.

Original review: March 14, 2017

The Pacific Debt ratings were very good. Also, they seem to pay more attention compared to the other companies that I contacted who were pushy but weren't really interested. Pacific Debt got all the information about my income, expenses and my credit card bills, and they set it up for payments over time in amounts that will be covered by my escrow account over a period of however many months it might be. This has been ongoing, and so I have been dealing with their credit advocate as often as I need to. They're very friendly and I was really surprised at their personal attention and interest. They definitely care about people. It's such a relief to feel that things are being managed because it was definitely unmanageable by the time my boyfriend left. I would recommend them to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I found Pacific Debt online and it was very easy to get a hold of their credit advocate. So far, my experience with them has been great. In fact, I just paid another thousand yesterday, and I have $2000 left to pay.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Pacific Debt has definitely worked on my behalf when talking to my creditors. They were able to help me lower the amount that I need to pay back and settle it instead of using bankruptcy. And the reps have all been pretty good. They’re timely in their manner of calling me back and answering my questions.

Pacific Debt Inc

Thanks Danielle for your feedback and sharing your experience. During the early stages of your program we touch base quite frequently to make sure everything is on track. As you progress through the program we provide you a brief monthly update to keep appraised. It is wonderful to hear that our team has already settled several of your accounts for "substantially" less than you owe and that the calls have dropped off as well. We are excited to be working with you on your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: March 12, 2017

I had recently gotten put on disability and my income was decreased by more than half. We were having a hard time financially and we were getting calls from collectors so I needed the help. Pacific Debt initially called me every couple of weeks but not so much anymore, since I have been assigned a case worker. She's super nice and efficient. I communicate with her by email quite often and she answers quite quickly and thoroughly. She tries to help people unlike most people who discourage you at times. So far, Pacific Debt has been able to solve three of our credit issues for substantially less for what we owe and it’s been nice just to be able to deflect the calls. It’s been a great experience with them so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was trying to head off a problem, and found Pacific Debt online on Better Business Bureau. They were ranked in the top 10. Pacific Debt pretty much took care of the problem.

Pacific Debt Inc

Thanks so much for your great review. Our team here really takes a personal approach to debt relief. We like to get to know or clients and strive each day to get them out of debt for as little as possible. Shonna really is a great asset to our team and I will be sure to pass along your compliment to our Executive team.

Original review: March 6, 2017

I have been with Pacific Debt since May 1, 2015. They have been outstanding in working for me while dealing with my creditors. I shudder to think what I would do without them. I didn't pick them first over other Debt companies, I picked them because they showed they would do everything in their power to get me through my time of financial pain. One thing before I go, I have a Manager by the name of Shonna **, she is outstanding and has always been there for me. Thank you Shonna.

Pacific Debt Inc

Tina is a great asset to our Account Management team and consistently gets great settlements for her clients. Thank you for sharing your experience and we are glad you are on the fast track to getting your debt settled.

Original review: March 6, 2017

Once again Tina ** did an outstanding job for me. She is helping me get debt free sooner than I could have done all by myself. All my gratitude to everyone at Pacific Debt Inc. I could not have done it without all of your help. From the very first call I knew I made the right choice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I was looking up debt counselors, I was looking for ones that were able to practice in my state and who had a high business rating. Pacific Debt is a BBB accredited business. Once a month, somebody calls to update me and then everything is the same as it was before. Everything has gone the way it should have or the way it was promised. It'll be better when it's over because the money that we have going into our account won't be going out once we're through. I would recommend Pacific Debt.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed help with debt and was worried about credit effects. The credit advocate at Pacific Debt was very nice. I'm a busy person but they called me back and waited until I had time to talk. They managed all my creditors and talked to them. While the process lowered my credit score, it gave me peace of mind because there is an end to the debt and payments are being made more affordable. It's better than claiming bankruptcy. My experience with them has been calming and relieving.

Resolution In Progress

Pacific Debt Inc

We are certainly sorry about the misunderstanding regarding the completion date of your program, as well as how and when we earn a fee. Pacific Debt does not charge any upfront fees, we only earn a fee after a debt is negotiated and you approve the terms of the settlement. I will make sure your Account Manager reaches out to you to see if there is anything further we can do to assist you in this matter.

Original review: March 5, 2017

Pacific Debt's advocates were constantly in contact with me when I signed up with them. Their representatives were kind and friendly. However, some of the facts were left out. Back in July of last year, they told me that I was going to be finished by January of this year. I know that was the date I was told because every time I spoke with anyone and correspond about whatever is going on with my account, I made notes. Now, they tell me I have another year and a half.

Also, I realized they were going to get a fee but I was not made aware they were getting a fee for each account they were closing out. Moreover, my bank folded my account in January because I didn't have enough funds in it and they thought I was getting mail. I wasn't looking for more mail to come from any of my creditors because my account has been under the program for so long.

There was also one incident with one of the credit cards that I had. I assumed that it was in the program as well. But I came to find out that one of the cards that was not in the program had taken me to court and they garnished. I was not made aware of it until after the fact. I was very upset because I had two credit cards with that creditor. If they would have seen that I paid off one of them, they should have automatically assumed that I was still in the same program and was going to pay off the other one. I was very disappointed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Pacific Debt was very helpful and accommodating. They followed through with whatever they said. They would contact me on a monthly basis, email me what they have accomplished to get rid of some of the debt that I had, and call me on the telephone and discuss my situation. They have handled each one of my creditors individually and resolved about 50 percent of what was needed so far. Pacific Debt worked out well for my circumstance and I would recommend them.

Pacific Debt Inc

Gwen, thank you for the great review. We truly appreciate it and are glad you found us. Unfortunately, there are a lot of bad actors out there that take advantage of people looking for real help, we are sorry you fell victim. If you ever need us, don't hesitate to call. We've been in business over 15 years and will be here to help you every step of the way.

Original review: March 4, 2017

I went to a different company and they took all my money, did not return it, and did not pay anything off. It's horrible for a senior citizen because we're on a fixed income. It was over $1,600 and that's a lot to lose. I looked on the computer and saw Pacific Debt. I saw all the recommendations that they had so I knew they were a good company. They were approved by people that's why I chose them. I know they aren't gonna cheat me like the other company and they have been really good. I picked over different companies and there were four different bills from Capital One and they paid them all off so it's great. I'm encouraged now. I know eventually all my debt's gonna be paid off and I'm happy about that. I tried to go through debt counseling and they wanted to pay it in full which I couldn't do because it was such a big payment. So Pacific Debt is a great relief. I would recommend them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Pacific Debt seemed to be the most preferable among other companies that I contacted, so I decided to go with them. Every time I call, I got to talk to somebody. Their reps look at your total debt and how they can help you find ways that they could settle them. I've been very happy with the relationship that we have so far working together. It's very professional and a good experience overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was having problems and it was starting to get me down a little. I wanted to figure out how I could try to get on my feet a little bit before I retire. Then, I saw online that Pacific Debt was good so I thought they might be able to help me out. In the past year or so, they've been contacting me every month, seeing if I had any questions. Also, I was always able to contact them when I needed to. Pacific Debt were able to setup the program with us, went through our card debt and together we figured out how we were going to take care of it. I was able to pay the debt off in a few years, a lot earlier than I could have without them. They were very helpful and I'd recommend them to a friend.

Pacific Debt Inc

Thank you for your kind words and we are so happy that your 12 accounts are being resolved as quickly as they are. Our team will continue to work hard for you until all 12 accounts are completely settled.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I am very pleased with the service that I receive from Pacific Debt. My account manager is very responsive to my questions. I am happy with the progress that is being made with settling my accounts with creditors. I have over 12 accounts in the program and several accounts have been paid in full, and the large majority are in settlement payment arrangements. Pacific Debt stresses that debt settlement is a partnership. As long as you sent them all correspondences from your creditors and keep open communication between yourself and your assigned account manager, the program will work for you. The Pacific Debt program is indeed working for me and I am on the road to being debt-free. I would highly recommend this company. I would not go anywhere else. They do what they say they will do to help you.

This company has been a life saver for me. Credit Card interest was assuring that I would never get them paid in full. Pacific Debt has wonderful employees, all of whom have been so nice to work with. They have guided me through the whole process with no stress on me.

I have worked with Pacific Debt for a few months, and so far I'm pleased with the service. Everything they've told me would happen has happened -- even down to responses from creditors. Moreover, Pacific Debt has stayed in constant contact with me via email and phone. Not once have I wondered where I stand with them. This is somewhat of a scary process, so I'm glad they are walking me through.

Pacific Debt Inc Company Profile