Call toll free
4.62/5
Based on 509 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Pacific Debt was founded in order to address the growing tide of consumer debt in America. Today, Pacific Debt is a leader in the debt settlement field. The company settles millions of dollars in consumer debt each month, while maintaining the original vision of a consumer friendly experience. Above all, the biggest difference between Pacific Debt and many of its competitors, is the personal level of service the consumer receives throughout the process. From enrollment to client care and account management, Pacific Debt cares about their customers and their satisfaction.

Pacific Debt can service the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Virginia.

View More View More

511 Pacific Debt Inc Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Josh ** was our account manager. Our family much appreciates the future Pacific debt has helped us to secure for us from here on. We can’t thank you enough for helping us to dig ourselves out of something that seemed impossible not that long ago. We praise you all and we are thankful for everything you have done for us! You have given us a new beginning!

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

We were with DebtWave and they suggested Pacific Debt to us. We then chose Pacific Debt because of the recommendation. Their enrolment process was easy and so far, we're getting into the program. Their personal account manager was friendly and I was helped out through the whole thing. In terms of the payment plan, they were good with working on it. Though I’m still at the verge of I don’t know what I should do, my experience has been good so far.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I was with DebtWave and I told them I wanted to pay the money off at a smaller amount. They were not able to do that for me, so they suggested Pacific Debt and I went with the suggestion. The enrollment process was typical and the account managers were very professional. Although nothing has been settled yet, I'm paying less money each month. Pacific Debt gets a share of around $25 a month and when you add that up for three years, that’s a nice little amount. Nonetheless, there has definitely been less stress since working with them.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Pacific Debt had really great reviews when I looked them up online and my friend said that they really helped her. I just got started with their program. They're very detailed, easy to talk to and are really there to help. They explained to me the way everything would run. They're gonna pay off my debt, and I'm gonna be paying them a certain amount every month of taking care of it in the long run. Also, they call me every now and then to check up on me and they're always on top of things whether through the phone or email. Everything that they're doing is ace.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I was interested in debt consolidation and I researched some of the top debt consolidation companies on the internet and in the country. Pacific Debt appeared to have a good reputation and rating, so I called them and started the process. I was also in the process of trying to get a refi, thereby not needing the debt consolidation so I'm still working on that with the refi company and I am on hold right now for at least a month with Pacific.

I have one complaint with Pacific, and that was when I started getting the feeling like they had moved forward with my account without my full consent. But apparently, that wasn’t necessarily the case. They made no draws so they did the hold that I asked them to do, but it was misleading because the emails made it look like everything was. One of their girls I worked with was a little bit short with me, but we've got it resolved. And everyone else has been fine.

It's so easy to just take people’s words for everything nowadays because of the amount of paperwork that gets thrown at you in these situations. The fine print is a lot, and I felt like I was pushed to just go ahead and sign it and send it over. I've seen times where it's really good to at least glance over things. We have to be careful. There's a lot of corruption out there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Debt Inc?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I had a need and I found Pacific Debt on the internet. I talked to them to try to get my debts settled. They explained that you have to deposit into an arbitration account, a firm, which is equivalent to the money that you owe, broken down into smaller payments. And then they use that allocation of funds and go see a lower balance and a lower payout for them to get to and resolve the issues, and get them resolved on your credit report. I had about 25,000 worth of debt and Pacific Debt have broken down the payments about four into the month, which was important. However, I was really concerned about the fact that you had to wait six months and basically let the accounts default before they would transact.

I’m about three months in the process and I need to turn some documents in to continue. I knew about keeping everything on a legit standpoint as far as giving them the power of attorney and all. Michael, the person that I worked with was really diligent. He called me several times and tried to get me to send documents. They need to be a little more clear though on what the cost is involved at the beginning. I didn’t really understand it at first. They had to explain it several times for me to get clued in on what exactly the process was. They were ambiguous at the beginning. But I felt very comfortable working with them after I understood everything. They were really responsive to any questions I had, whether that be by email or by telephone. Pacific Debt is a good program. As a consumer, you gotta ask questions and do your due diligence.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I had some credit card debt and I read a few articles online. Pacific Debt was one of the companies that were recommended. When I contacted them, they were persistent in calling and emailing me. The earlier neglect on their part was, in one way, they wanted my business and on the other hand, they were patient. But they were efficient and also persistent on following up and with certain updates when I got to discuss.

They got my information as far as the creditors and the amounts. Then they set up an account where I could deposit some of my savings so that they could start settling with some of them. They also asked questions, like what my expectations were, and they gave me all the options. That was how I was able to understand the program, how quickly it could be done and what needed to be done as far as the payment. They worked with me on the payment plan and were very flexible. They understood what I was able to contribute. There was the possibility to accept higher payment amounts and also, reasonable monthly amount based on my regional state budget.

Nicole was also very easy to understand and she understood my emergency and my needs. She started working on it as soon as she got the account and she would email. She was very prompt and to the point. I was impressed with her readiness in letting me know what to expect as far as settling the amounts. She provided realistic expectations. Since then, they've been able to settle and I was impressed with the speed by which I was able to settle with some of the creditors. There are two small accounts left that they’re working on to resolve by the end of the year and by the end of the month. Pacific Debt has made things quicker based on what I could do. The information provided was valuable and working with them gave me some peace of mind.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I wanted more monthly payments or get rid of debt faster and when I searched online, Pacific Debt was the most top-rated by other customers. I didn’t end up enrolling in the service. That program wasn’t for me at the time. But they offered a lot of information regarding the services. The only thing that was hard on me was the hours they were available. I work and I get off at 5:30. So when they would give me a call during the day, I couldn't take their call. Then when I would try to give them a call, their offices were closed. It would be nice if they had longer hours or later hours to talk to someone. Otherwise, they were pretty much straightforward and I felt comfortable.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I had excess debt and before deciding on Pacific Debt, I compared companies online. There were various sites that rated them. Pacific Debt is going to renegotiate my debt and the program just started. The consumer assistance team is working with me right now.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

There was a time when we were way behind in credit cards and we were looking for somebody to help us with that debt. We had another company and they were rated really low. I found that Pacific Debt was rated highly so I changed to them. Their rep, Kimberly, was very helpful. She always answered my emails and was always there if I needed to talk about something. She always told me anything I needed to know.

Eventually, Pacific Debt was able to cut our bills way down and so we were able to pay them. I was kinda leery with the whole process, giving money to somebody and then have them pay my bills. It was a monthly sum that they took out. Sometimes, I would tell them that they can't take out the amount because I needed the money for something else. When I did, they did not take out the amount for that month. Overall, Kimberly did a good job and I was happy. We feel a lot better and relieved because we're out of debt.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

We had credit card debt that we got into to flip houses and the reps at Pacific Debt were polite, upfront and seemed to know what they were doing. During the application and enrollment process, everybody was very helpful. The account manager was very friendly and personable. We went into debt settlement and the payment was what we expected, so that was good. Working with Pacific Debt has provided relief since I know that there is a plan and that the debt can eventually be taken care of.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

From the beginning the staff at Pacific Debt has been nothing but professional. They never tried to "sell" anything to me. I felt they were more interested in helping me, making sure I understood the options I had. The individuals I have had the privilege to deal with have been professional yet understanding and helpful. They have been comforting when necessary helping us understand what was happening each step of the way. Once we made our decision, they made it easy for us. I would recommend Pacific Debt to anyone who needs their type of expertise.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I had challenges with the rise in interest rates, I just went through divorce, my son was in college and had moved, and I just took a new job but it wasn't the same salary. So, it was a confluence of a perfect storm for needing help. Pacific Debt stuck out based on my personal research on them, and they were the best choice. My personal account manager answered the questions that I had. She was clear on the program and where we were at in the program, and she gave me her contact information. My payment plan was cut and dried. They told me what they'd do and what it would cost me.

There have been a lot of stuff that I’ve been dealing with, and I've had less stress since working with Pacific Debt. They have been consistent with their contact to me. The woman working on my individual plans did a really good job. I would recommend Pacific Debt. They've done what they said they were gonna do. It's a good place to start for your research and they are gonna help you out.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

A guy called and said something about helping me get rid of my credit card. I talked to him and asked him some questions, but I wasn’t convinced by his answers. I went online and started doing some research. A guy who researched several companies that dealt with alleviating credit card debt came up and Pacific Debt was one of the companies that he referred.

Pacific Debt was the only one that called me back. The first guy that I talked to didn’t call back when he said he would, and when I asked if the program would hurt my credit, he said it won’t hurt my credit. When Pacific Debt called, I asked the guy some questions and I was pleased with the answers because he was truthful. He said that it was gonna hurt my credit but I'm trying to get out of debt and when I get out of debt, my credit is gonna look great. I set up everything with Pacific Debt and they started automatically taking off the funds. They took care of everything for me and told me what to do so I wouldn’t be overwhelmed by the creditors. I didn’t have to worry about anything. All I had to do was to have the money ready for them to withdraw from my account. Then when the debt was settled with whatever card company I was with, I always get something in writing. And then at the end, I got the whole thing.

They were upfront and explained every little thing. They never did anything without contacting me first and let me know what they were gonna do. Everybody was very pleasant, personable, and professional. They weren’t so stringent that they couldn’t make you feel comfortable with them and laugh. It was a three-year program and I’ve been done for almost a year. Although I have a credit card that I use for emergencies, I found out that I don’t need credit cards to live and just use my debit card or cash. I’ll also use the layaways. I have more accessible cash now and I’m not spending every dime I have to pay a credit card bill. I had a very pleasant experience and I love Pacific Debt.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. As you mentioned, many of our competitors have misleading sales practices. We do our best to enroll fully informed clients and set proper expectations. We want you to understand all of the pros and cons before you enroll. Once enrolled, our goal is to over-deliver and provide a 5 star client experience.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I worked with Pacific Debt and it was great. There were no hassles and I’m debt-free now. Everything was set and that’s because I did it before the plan was over. Plus, my worker, Luis, was great. He was always there to give me all the feedback and information I needed right on time. He was very detailed, very clear, and with a good sense of humor. The cost was fine for a great quality of service. I also have recommended Pacific Debt to many people.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Carmen, congrats on being debt free! Even though you are now completed, if you ever need anything, we are always here for you. Feel free to call us toll-free at 1-877-722-3328 should the need arise.

Original review: March 19, 2018

We started out okay but soon determined filing bankruptcy was in our best interest. At first our customer service rep was great but apparently she resigned. The next was very good, Nicole **. I would say for those with a LOT of debt this is not a good program.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Thanks for your feedback Thad. We advise our clients that debt settlement is an alternative to bankruptcy. However, sometimes :"life happens". Our program only works if you are able to afford the program payments. If your budget changes due to a job loss, reduction in pay or other life circumstance, bankruptcy may be the best course of action. Thanks again for your review.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Service was excellent. My Account Manager was most helpful, informed, non-judgmental. Your staff prior to signing up were all completely profession, informed and made access to your program easy. Luis ** was my manager. I would have made a recommend on another site provided, however I could not navigate. This was a success for me. Thank You.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I have been with Pacific Debt for about 2 1/2 years, as they are settling a number of accounts for me and have reached settlements with 5-6 of those accounts with about 4 being paid off. I have been very pleased with their service and would not hesitate to ever use them again.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Two credit cards got out of hand and we're on a fixed income. The situation got more than what we could handle. I did some research on the internet and found out which companies are considered good, and we also wanted to see who'd be the ones that fit our needs. Pacific Debt provided us a program to clear up the debts. They're paying off one at a time as soon as the money comes in. We pay two of the cards monthly, and then they take care of pushing it. We had just got a judgment filed on one of the card companies and now they think they're going to get money. But all we are is Social Security, so we have Nicole, Pacific Debt account manager. The problem is that same attorney's been working on one of the credit cards, and we cleared it up. But he would not accept waiting for the other one. Nicole's been in contact with the office, but as I'm concerned, the attorney is a jerk.

Nicole has all that information in there because as soon as we get something, we send it to her. She's the one that's taking care of it. Nicole is very honest about everything and she is straightforward. We send something, she always replies, even if it's a phone call. I'd encourage friends who might ask about Pacific Debt because the company did a good job for us. Pacific Debt has done everything that I want them to do, and they've been right there to answer everything.

Original review: March 8, 2018

It has been great working with Pacific Debt. The peace of mind I have now is all thanks to them. They have worked tirelessly to get me out my debt and I am grateful. Everyone there has been a real treat and I can't wait until I am done and completely debt free again.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Pacific Debt has been handling my debt payback to multiple credit companies for almost 2 years now. I appreciate the professional and down to earth approach when dealing with me and my personal debts. Tina and her team really went to bat for me when 2 companies filed to sue me for the balance I owed. Pacific Debt arranged a settlement for payback, and stopped the lawsuit! And over the course of time with Pacific Debt, my credit rating has improved dramatically! Thank You Tina and everyone at Pacific Debt.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Would not use this company in future. The account manager assigned to my account did not return my phone calls. I would be the one to have to keep calling. They also did not settle my accounts in a timely manner, I ended up settling two accounts on my own.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Thank you for your review. In reviewing your program, it reflects that you enrolled in August 2015 with an initial estimate of 39 months. As of today, your program is complete with us - congratulations. With regards to the service issues you experienced, we sincerely apologize. It is our goal to return all client calls in a timely matter as customer service is a top priority. Additionally, I do show we removed your final account at your request so that you can handle it directly. If we can be of further help in any way, please don't hesitate to coontact us.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Was very pleased at first with Anisa, who is no longer there. She encouraged me and kept me from crying about my situation. She worked quickly and out of 5 creditors have been paid in full and I just filed my taxes and all 3 had submitted 1099-C forms which I dealt with. Ellen my new rep is very nice but doesn't seem as aggressive as Anisa, and doesn't stay in touch and seem to care about me or my situation. I feel like a number to her and not sure my best interests are being cared for - She is nice but I have to beg for info. I can't find my balances on each account at Xroads, and so far have not gotten the help to find them.

Overall, I am glad I chose Pacific Debt to help me, but would like to get the one last creditor on board, but I worry about Ellen getting the best deal for me. I don't want to rate you as my being dissatisfied - I think it is just the differences in the two young ladies I have had dealings with. I would love to get this done as soon as possible but because f the 1099-C maybe we should not pay off but one creditor in a calendar year.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Thank you for sharing your review. Anisa was a great Account Manager, unfortunately she moved to Chicago to start a new chapter in her life. Ellen has been a great asset to our team; however, we realize not all clients and Account Managers mesh 100%. I see we are working to get your final account resolved - as your other 5 accounts are settled or in settlements. We will be in touch to get that last account settled asap.

Original review: March 7, 2018

As of today, Pacific Debt has settled several of my accounts. I am currently waiting for them to settle the final 3 and then I will be finish with the program. Nicole and Quiana have been very helpful and have kept me up to date on my accounts. I would recommend Pacific Debt to others but advise them to be prepared for their credit score to drop but it will go back up slowly.

Original review: March 7, 2018

ALL IS FINE. To me I need a little more explanation. Your settlement will done in 100 years or 10 months. Looking for that horizon, even though they do send settlement info... Where's the light at the end of the tunnel.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Joseph thank you for sharing your review. As of now, 4 of your 5 enrolled accounts are either settled or in active settlements. You only have one to go! Reviewing our notes, the target date to obtain that last settlement is August / Sept 2018. Be mindful, that is not your completion date. In reviewing your program, you enrolled in May 2016 and had a 47 month estimate. With that said, you have made tremendous progress in a short period of time.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I have been getting emails and letters on the mail from debt relief companies saying that they can take my debt and make it half what it currently is so I reached out and checked a couple and then I chose Pacific Debt. They're working with my creditors to come to an agreement, like a debt reduction. Then I pay them a monthly fee and they pay the creditors from that. However I'm not happy with something they did. When I went to them my credit was in a really good shape. But one thing they fail to tell me is that in order to move forward with negotiating with the creditors they have to let my old accounts go delinquent.

I found that out when I saw that my credit score decreased in Experian quite a bit. And that was due to the fact that Pacific Debt quit paying my bills, which I understand it had to be done. But they never told me that and had I known that I would have never gone with the program. After it happened I reached out to the guy who was assigned to my account and told him. He said that they had to do that in order to negotiate. At that point the damage was done. I wish they could have been a little forthright with that.

As for the program I'm at the midway point. I'm seeing some accounts being handled and settled in full. My personal account manager, Josh, has been very responsive. We don't contact each other that often but whenever I send something to him he responds whether it's email or phone call. He's been good and I'm very comfortable working with him.

For my payment plan they work with the creditors. They contact me to see if I agree with it or not and then they do a recording session if I agree with it. It was based on all my debt and the percentage of what they thought they would need in order to look at what they thought they could work it down to. Since working with Pacific I'm only writing one check and it's a direct deposit versus going online and making all the bills. The program works but you have to make sure it's really what you want to pay all your creditors.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Pacific Debt is one of the top rated companies that provides debt settlement. I'm now halfway through their program which is phenomenal. The cost is great and the account manager, Carly, is fabulous. She always sends me emails me and always checks in. If I can't make a payment, she does what she can. I ask her to hold it even if it's like a week before 'cause it's supposed to be a two week period. She definitely pushes everything through for me, so she's great.

In addition, their people are great and they're looking out to help you and settle everything for you instead of shamming you over and not getting in contact with you like some creditors and gnarly settlement people. On the other hand, the process is a little scary especially with my credit and stuff being ruined, but over the three years’ time, it's pretty much worth it compared to being in debt for about 15 years of my life. I'd rather take bad credit and build it back up than be in forever debt. I will recommend Pacific Debt.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. You are doing great Kelly and we sincerely appreciate your feedback on Carly, who is a tremendous asset to our team.

Original review: March 4, 2018

If you need to get into a type of program to consolidate your debt, I would recommend Pacific Debt. Although there were good and bad things about getting into a program, I was happy with the way they handled my situation. At the start, I was comfortable with the way they presented their program and how they could help with my debt issues. They discussed with me the payment options and asked if I was comfortable with the numbers that they came up with, which I had to pay and if anything was to change in my salary.

In addition, I liked that they handled all the transactions between the debts that I have and they also communicated and explained what they were going to do, and the expectations of the debt settlement program. They also kept in contact with me as far as what was going on with the settlement. So far, I'm almost halfway done. The positive part about getting into their program was I could eliminate all these debts further down the road. The negative side was that my credit rating went bad. That was to be expected though. Overall, Pacific Debt has a smooth way of trying to pay off and consolidate my debt.

Original review: March 3, 2018

My parents passed away and I got stuck with everything. I was using my credit card to take care of their stuff and my stuff as well, and my bills had built up from there. I looked at the internet for the ratings. Pacific Debt had really good ratings so I went to check it out. So far, they are doing a great job. I have one bill instead of four. They have a special account for me where every month, they take out something for the bills and they send an email to tell what was paid. My personal account manager is doing a great job as well. Her name is Ellen and once in a while, I call to ask what is going on. She keeps me informed all the time.

Eventually, the costs balance themselves out and right now, Pacific Debt had settled two of my bills. They're on the third, and then they’ll do the last one. Overall, I have a very good experience with them. And even though my credit score bites right now, I’m not worried about that. I've got what I got. I would tell friends to call Pacific Debt so they can work with them.

Original review: March 2, 2018

The debt relief program I have with Pacific Debt has been very beneficial and worth it for me. I have about a year left. I provided them the financial statements that I had concerns with and they took over on contacting those individuals and setting up a basic payment program. An account was set up and a monthly deduction gets sent to that. They handled matters through the debtors that way and the program helped me out tremendously. Nicole, my personal account manager, was very professional and I would highly recommend anyone to her. I was impressed with the way she conducted herself and provided the information on the overall process and how things would be executed. I'm very comfortable working with her. I've also been satisfied with the services and guidance that they provided for me. If anyone is in the same situation I was in, Pacific Debt would be a good point of contact.

Pacific Debt Inc expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 2002, Pacific Debt Inc. was created to address the rise of consumer debt in the United States. Since its founding, Pacific Debt has settled millions of dollars in consumer debt each month by offering counseling and solutions that put the customer first.

• Free educational resources: Pacific Debt has several free educational resources posted online with subjects like basic budgeting tips, money management advice for newlyweds, insurance purchasing guides and more.

• Client Care: Pacific Debt has a small team of dedicated Client Care professionals to help consumers gather the right documents, manage creditor calls and anything else they need.

• Personal Account Manager: When clients start settling their debts, Pacific Debt assigns them Personal Account Managers. These managers give each consumer personal attention and work closely with consumers to keep them up to date on their progress or any upcoming negotiations.

• Blog: Pacific Debt hosts a blog to keep consumers up to date with articles about debt and financial management.

• Free consultation: Consumers can get a free consultation with a debt specialist to see if Pacific Debt’s services are right for them.

• Best for: consumers who are looking for debt solutions from a company that focuses on tailored customer service.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg