Find an Online Banks partner

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

Chime Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chime?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chime?

Original review: July 17, 2021

I opened this account basically just to get my direct deposits into. However, I have opened up a bank account, savings account, a credit card, and debit card without any chance of overdrawing this account. This was my first actual bank account all by myself at 42 years old. When I say I cannot over draw my bank account, I mean that they front you money until your next paycheck comes in without being penalized for doing so. I also get my paycheck a day early. However, when I was a temporary at my job I did get it 2 days early. So that depends on your HR department at work as well.

When I need help, there is a virtual assistant in my mobile online banking. However, if that doesn't do the job you can call to talk with a customer representative. Every time I needed help my problem was resolved immediately. I have learned a lot using Chime without being criticized for my ignorance to how banking works. I also was able to link my bank account that I share with my husband. I enjoy using CHIME BANKING and recommend it to anyone wanting a new account.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I have been with Chime for probably two years if not longer. In the beginning I joined out of convenience and necessity, it was easy to send money back and forth between a few people who already had the card and the lack of fees and extra charges is what made it even more appealing. I quickly fell in love with the card I decided to enroll in direct deposit and shortly after it became my primary financial institution. I have access to free ATMs all over Phoenix Az. I don’t pay any extra fees for cash back or penalties for low balance. Soon after I was eligible for spot me feature and it was great. It covered me on those days where I may have been short. But the time I realized the integrity of the company was during the Covid pandemic. Man let me tell you. They raised the spot me for so many. They gave out prizes and benefits. They gave an option to use the chime credit building card.

So many different little perks and after you get paid and you pay back the spot me there’s no fees. Just a small request to submit a tip that will allow chime to continue providing these great perks and the tip is optional. It’s not even a pushy request. They make it clear it won’t affect you and it doesn’t. I am very grateful for my account. Spot me saved me. I was going through a rough patch during the peak of COVID and right then I got the email of the increase. It was like a miracle.. So thank you Chime for the services and products you provide and your all around genuine care for your customers

Get buying tips about Online Banks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I've been with Chime for over a year. Chime is great. I will never leave chime. My pay check is there on every week on time and in tight spots. The spot me is great. It's got me out of a bind many times. And instead of paying a bunch of overdraft fees all they ask for is a tip which I try to tip them a few bucks every week. I hope chime takes over all the banks. Banks are rip offs bb and it got me for almost 800.00 and Wells Fargo had to send me money back that they took off me for no reason. Chime has never took nothing from me. Bottom line Chime is the number one banking system and as long as they are in business I will be a customer. Keep up the great work chime. Ya'lll are the best in the business.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I have been using Chime for about a year now and I have been very pleased with my experience with the app and I will and do recommend to anyone who is interested in the online banking services. I have lost or had stolen debit cards on a few occasions and with Chime account I can go to the settings and turn off my card and order a new one in seconds and the credit builder card has been very helpful in repairing my credit. I still use Chime today and can not think of a negative thing about it! Oh and they also have spot me where they offer you a certain amount of overdraft and it is fee free, it has been helpful on a few occasions when I needed it most.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I hate banks. They rip you off, charge you interest on the fees they tack on for EVERYTHING, overdraft charges for overdraft protection (what?). Deposit a check into your account and who knows how long they hold it before you can access it..yeah, no thanks! Chime, literally, does none of the crappy bank stuff and does everything you really need your bank to do. I just deposited a large check, using the mobile check cashing feature, on the first attempt and you know what the fee was? ZERO.

I have a Spot Me amount of $100 if I am a little short before payday (also, ZERO!) and I have a separate Credit Builder account that uses the money I deposit, to build my credit and report it monthly to credit agencies. I do nothing except spend the money I deposit, they do everything else! Oh, and they gave me a super awesome METAL credit card after x-amount of purchases! It is so legit, I hate to be this shallow, but it validates me (lol). I love Chime and would 100% recommend them to anyone who will listen!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

My wallet was stolen and my Chime card was used at a store I’ve never been to. Filed a dispute and even reported my card lost. Chime denied my dispute saying no issues had occurred on on my account… Chime's policy is if they are still investigating your dispute within 10 days they have to give you a credit. Chime didn’t even spend 7 days on my dispute. They denied me quickly with no hesitation just so they don’t have to give me a credit…. I’ll no longer be a customer of chime after this.. DONT TRUST CHIME WITH YOUR MONEY!!!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

All was good until I wanted to deposit funds from my home refinance. They DO NOT accept valid wire transfers and they would not deposit a mobile check from a a valid Wells Fargo Escrow Account, even though they say they will accept mobile check transfers $10,000 or less. The only response I received was that they couldn't verify the funds. It's Wells Fargo on an Escrow Account, meaning funds are immediately available! Now I have to scramble around to figure out how to get funds there. Thank goodness I didn't completely get rid of my local bank account. Very poor service.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

I have had a Chime account since 2019. I have been using it as my main checking and savings account, and eventually obtained the credit builder account as of May 2021. As of August 2021, I will never trust this corporation with my money again. It all started when I had to reach out for the 3rd time that mouth about a reoccurring fraudulent charge (Suspicions in itself). In result of feeling disrespected and abandoned by the folks who have access to quite literally all of money, the conversation became unproductive and emotional.

At some point I mentioned how hard this situation was making my life since I had zero wiggle room in my paychecks. I then close the conversation out of anger. Within the hour, a local sheriff is at my door. He says he’s responding to a potential “self-harm risk”. I am in awe. Chime assumed I was a danger to myself, with no supporting evidence even alluding to that. When I confront the “chat” agent in the app after the officer had left, I demanded to know what warranted that 911 call. I never got a response. I tried to reach them a lot in fact, now my help feature in the app is always on “maintenance mode”. I have screenshots of every conversation regarding this. There was no risk to even be assessed, so I feel violated and plan on taking further legal action against them, considering what started this in the first place. Be *very* careful around Chime.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Claim online that they are better than a bank. That's **. They are just as bad as a bank or worse with deposits at least a bank goes in right away but Chime's policy has changed 5 business days before a deposit shows up. False advertisement.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

This is the most difficult and inconvenient operation I have ever done business with. They didn’t accept any of the checks I wanted to deposit while I have them and it costs money to deposit cash. They are making it impossible for me to withdraw my funds after closing my account because “the system messed up” and didn’t fully send it to my real bank account. Now I have to jump through hoops and fight them daily on trying to get my $1200 back. They are terrible to work with and I could not stress enough how badly people need to avoid them.

Chime Company Information