2. Finance

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

Chime Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chime?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chime?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I've been banking with Chime for about 4 years and have utilized almost all of their features. Direct deposits were always reliable and spending with the visa card is safe and easy to use. You can block the card using the app if you misplace it, and ordering a replacement is free if it doesn't turn up. Recently, someone obtained my account info and made about $2,100 of charges to my card. Chime honored the visa 0% liability promise and within a week the money was back into my account.

I was also one of thousands of the lucky winners of a recent $200 prize from a social media marketing promotion. I have never had any issue with Chime. My last replacement card was mailed out with a bad chip in it and Chime bank discovered the error and expedited me a new card before the malfunctioning card even arrived. Refreshing to have a bank provide such great service and reliability in an age where big banks are becoming increasing unhelpful and sometimes even rude.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

The customer service department at Chime really goes above and beyond to help combat fraud. When attempts were made on my card, I was called before I even knew anything was happening. There are no fees with this card. 100's of ATM's with no charge. Direct deposit is available. Can transfer money in and out of account. I can't say enough good things about this company.

Get buying tips about Online Banks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I have had my Chime Account for 4 or 5 months and I am happy I switched over. The app is user friendly, which is very important to me. Chime offers a lot of great little perks that make my life a little easier. I have always been able to find an atm that accepts Chime...wherever I am at. I gave them a four, only because I haven't banked with them too long. Thanks Chime.

Original review: May 2, 2020

I'm shocked at how many people are actually placing blame on a bank for things the members did wrong!! I've been a Chime member for over a year and I was really worried about some of these reviews. Come to find out, members are doing things that are against Chime's policies and then want to blame the bank. Or they're dumb enough to fall for some scam artist calling and asking for their personal account information. Who would have their family and friend's stimulus check deposited into an account when the policy clearly states, "The recipient's name on any direct deposit MUST match the name of the account holder or the deposit will be returned." The member service agreement also says that we absolutely cannot use a third party to load money onto our cards or they will close our account.

Does anyone read the fine print anymore? Why would anyone give someone their personal security information to a complete stranger without verifying the legitimacy of the call? Chime will never call you and ask you for your card information....they already have it!! They will never allow you to load money to your card using a third party check cashing or loading service, and they will not let you put your spouse's stimulus payment into your account without verifying that it's legitimate because they do not offer joint accounts. Every single bank is under strict federal regulations to ensure prevention of money laundering. The only problem I've ever had with Chime was a deposit that didn't come two days early, like usual, but that's not a guarantee. The only other times I have had issues was with a merchant who placed a hold on my card, but that was the merchant's fault, not the bank.

I love banking without fees, getting my deposit up to two days early, and being able to categorize my spending. The Spot Me feature is also another perk that is great. It's nice to have a cushion when you're running low. If you're considering opening a Chime account, then you should absolutely do it. My only recommendation is that you READ the member services agreement and never give anyone your personal information.

Original review: March 30, 2020

My paycheck comes in about 24 after it is put in by payroll. There are no ATM fees if you use within their network and there are TONS of them. The app even shows you where they are located in your area. I lost my card and had a replacement one within a week. Lost that one (yeah I know) and that one was also replaced within a week. The Spot Me feature is phenomenal! As long as your direct deposits and paybacks are consistent your Spot Me will always be there to help. LOVE CHIME.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Funds at Chime are FDIC insured, however your Chime account can be closed without notice, as mine was! AND when the account is closed, because of their archaic and cumbersome rules it will take more than 30 days to get your money by way of a check supposedly MAILED to you; so I was told. You cannot do an ACH transfer of your funds to your other bank account! (While the account is open there are strong restrictions AND limits on transfers!) I would certainly not recommend Chime!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I closed the account in Jan after having for 3 months because they lowered the interest rate to 0.5% from 1%. I was expecting a 1099 tax form since I got some interests for tax return. It says on their website the form should be delivered by 1/30 by mail for inactive account. But I never got it. So I called them, and nobody knew what they're doing. They then asked me to email for help. After 15 emails transferred to 10 people, the problem is still not solved. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! NEVER USE IT OR IT'LL GET YOU IN TROUBLE!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Chime notified about suspicious behavior..They asked me to send in verification..I sent in what they asked for 7 different times. Why they asked that many times..idk..but I did..It’s been over a week and my account is still not open..Every time I call I get the run around..This has been the worse experience of my life..They should be ashamed.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I have been with Chime for a few years. Recently, they have allowed random charges to come through. I call to dispute. I am on hold for at least an hour. I explain I need the Merchant information because I have pending charges that I didn't agree to for deduction. I can't get Merchant information. They don't disburse monies right away or even within a reasonable timeframe. I have been waiting for 2 months. They need to have merchant information from address to telephone numbers. What merchant is call home insurance and I don't have a home? I am going to a real bank. Super disappointed in their policies and protection of our accounts.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

A friend referred me with the possibility of getting a $75 bonus within 45 days. I'm on Social Security, get paid monthly and because I signed up on the 12th they denied the payment even though you're supposed to get paid early. Went several times back and forth with them explaining to them and even showing them a copy of one of their agents saying that we're approved and then they denied it. They're terrible at honoring what they say. Besides that I kind of like that we get paid early but it's a hassle to get your money. You have to go to certain places and you can only get out a certain amount. That's the downside. Plus they don't have a word. I'll pay change it back to my original Bank even though I don't get paid early. Even just in case I took screenshots of the conversations that I had. Even the one that says that we were approved. Sent it to them and they won't even honor their own representative saying that we qualified.

Chime Company Information