Find an Online Banks partner

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

Chime Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chime?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chime?

Original review: July 17, 2021

I opened this account basically just to get my direct deposits into. However, I have opened up a bank account, savings account, a credit card, and debit card without any chance of overdrawing this account. This was my first actual bank account all by myself at 42 years old. When I say I cannot over draw my bank account, I mean that they front you money until your next paycheck comes in without being penalized for doing so. I also get my paycheck a day early. However, when I was a temporary at my job I did get it 2 days early. So that depends on your HR department at work as well.

When I need help, there is a virtual assistant in my mobile online banking. However, if that doesn't do the job you can call to talk with a customer representative. Every time I needed help my problem was resolved immediately. I have learned a lot using Chime without being criticized for my ignorance to how banking works. I also was able to link my bank account that I share with my husband. I enjoy using CHIME BANKING and recommend it to anyone wanting a new account.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I have been with Chime for probably two years if not longer. In the beginning I joined out of convenience and necessity, it was easy to send money back and forth between a few people who already had the card and the lack of fees and extra charges is what made it even more appealing. I quickly fell in love with the card I decided to enroll in direct deposit and shortly after it became my primary financial institution. I have access to free ATMs all over Phoenix Az. I don’t pay any extra fees for cash back or penalties for low balance. Soon after I was eligible for spot me feature and it was great. It covered me on those days where I may have been short. But the time I realized the integrity of the company was during the Covid pandemic. Man let me tell you. They raised the spot me for so many. They gave out prizes and benefits. They gave an option to use the chime credit building card.

So many different little perks and after you get paid and you pay back the spot me there’s no fees. Just a small request to submit a tip that will allow chime to continue providing these great perks and the tip is optional. It’s not even a pushy request. They make it clear it won’t affect you and it doesn’t. I am very grateful for my account. Spot me saved me. I was going through a rough patch during the peak of COVID and right then I got the email of the increase. It was like a miracle.. So thank you Chime for the services and products you provide and your all around genuine care for your customers

Get buying tips about Online Banks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I've been with Chime for over a year. Chime is great. I will never leave chime. My pay check is there on every week on time and in tight spots. The spot me is great. It's got me out of a bind many times. And instead of paying a bunch of overdraft fees all they ask for is a tip which I try to tip them a few bucks every week. I hope chime takes over all the banks. Banks are rip offs bb and it got me for almost 800.00 and Wells Fargo had to send me money back that they took off me for no reason. Chime has never took nothing from me. Bottom line Chime is the number one banking system and as long as they are in business I will be a customer. Keep up the great work chime. Ya'lll are the best in the business.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I hate banks. They rip you off, charge you interest on the fees they tack on for EVERYTHING, overdraft charges for overdraft protection (what?). Deposit a check into your account and who knows how long they hold it before you can access it..yeah, no thanks! Chime, literally, does none of the crappy bank stuff and does everything you really need your bank to do. I just deposited a large check, using the mobile check cashing feature, on the first attempt and you know what the fee was? ZERO.

I have a Spot Me amount of $100 if I am a little short before payday (also, ZERO!) and I have a separate Credit Builder account that uses the money I deposit, to build my credit and report it monthly to credit agencies. I do nothing except spend the money I deposit, they do everything else! Oh, and they gave me a super awesome METAL credit card after x-amount of purchases! It is so legit, I hate to be this shallow, but it validates me (lol). I love Chime and would 100% recommend them to anyone who will listen!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I've been banking with Chime for about 4 years and have utilized almost all of their features. Direct deposits were always reliable and spending with the visa card is safe and easy to use. You can block the card using the app if you misplace it, and ordering a replacement is free if it doesn't turn up. Recently, someone obtained my account info and made about $2,100 of charges to my card. Chime honored the visa 0% liability promise and within a week the money was back into my account.

I was also one of thousands of the lucky winners of a recent $200 prize from a social media marketing promotion. I have never had any issue with Chime. My last replacement card was mailed out with a bad chip in it and Chime bank discovered the error and expedited me a new card before the malfunctioning card even arrived. Refreshing to have a bank provide such great service and reliability in an age where big banks are becoming increasing unhelpful and sometimes even rude.

Original review: July 25, 2021

On 04/24/2021 Google*Luxy Limited $423.99+$254.39=$678.38 I filed a dispute with Chime Banks Dispute Dept., was given a time frame Of 90=07/24/2021, that they would have a final decision to refund the said amount listed above. It is now 90 days today they still haven't made a decision, nor have they returned my funds. It's been constant game playing for 90 days, now they are saying that have all night to make a decision because they're open 24/7.

I asked for a provisional credit since I've waited for so long, I was told that my particular transaction does not qualify for a provisional credit. Then, when I called them again at 4:30 pm on 07/24/2021, now it’s at the end of their business day ends at 9 pm on Saturday. At 4:54 I Spoke To Roxanne manager on duty Chime employee ID **, Who is now saying that my claim was actually supposed to have a decision on 07/23/2021, instead of 07/24/2021, she has to now escalate it to the investigations dept. to, make the final decision, and someone will reach out to me within 3 business days after I already waited 90 days.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Getting a Chime card and account was the best idea I’ve had in years. No overdraft fees, no surprises and the app is amazing!! Big banks scam is but chime is not one of them. I can’t say enough about it and I’ve had it over a year now!!!

Original review: July 20, 2021

I love it. I opened it thinking it was just some bogus account but I fell in love with it. It's everything. I recommend it to my friends and family. Why wouldn't you have a Chime. At this day and age they're really lit.

Original review: July 18, 2021

Chime has been a blessing from A-Z. From getting paid a little early to having a Spot me, and then be able to get a Boost?!? Really? Awesome, as well as my one dispute was handled promptly. Excellent!

Original review: July 18, 2021

I have had an active Chime checking account for about 14 months now. All of my deposits, transfers, withdrawals have gone absolutely smooth. The Spot Me feature is amazing if you ever get into a bind. Soon after I add it on the Credit Builder card and immediately saw an increase in my credit score. I now have a chime savings account. Between the three I can transfer funds immediately. No delays, no hesitations. After banking with some of the larger Banks out there I feel like the customer support for chime is way better. Outside of a local credit union this is the absolute best option to go! I have been very happy.

Chime Company Information