Find an Online Banks partner

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

Chime Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chime?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chime?

Original review: July 27, 2021

Horrible customer service. Was on the phone for 1 hour to resolve an error on their end. Caused insurance lapse on my auto. Got transferred 6 times to different departments just to hear that the company would not immediately correct their mistake. I'm already looking for another bank, this one is garbage.

Original review: July 26, 2021

Worst company ever, they let me order and set up my acct and card and I even was able to load funds to it but one day afterward went to get cash to pay a bill and was told for random reasons my acct is closed. Oh and no you cant speak to a real person and the emails are automatically generated so guess it sucks if you want your money back and was told via robot email that my money after 3 weeks should be sent out in a check form like wtf really and it's been well over that and still no check. Shocker. You dont throw your rent money away to these thieves like I unknowingly did because you wont get it back.

Original review: July 25, 2021

On 04/24/2021 Google*Luxy Limited $423.99+$254.39=$678.38 I filed a dispute with Chime Banks Dispute Dept., was given a time frame Of 90=07/24/2021, that they would have a final decision to refund the said amount listed above. It is now 90 days today they still haven't made a decision, nor have they returned my funds. It's been constant game playing for 90 days, now they are saying that have all night to make a decision because they're open 24/7.

I asked for a provisional credit since I've waited for so long, I was told that my particular transaction does not qualify for a provisional credit. Then, when I called them again at 4:30 pm on 07/24/2021, now it’s at the end of their business day ends at 9 pm on Saturday. At 4:54 I Spoke To Roxanne manager on duty Chime employee ID **, Who is now saying that my claim was actually supposed to have a decision on 07/23/2021, instead of 07/24/2021, she has to now escalate it to the investigations dept. to, make the final decision, and someone will reach out to me within 3 business days after I already waited 90 days.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Getting a Chime card and account was the best idea I’ve had in years. No overdraft fees, no surprises and the app is amazing!! Big banks scam is but chime is not one of them. I can’t say enough about it and I’ve had it over a year now!!!

Original review: July 20, 2021

I love it. I opened it thinking it was just some bogus account but I fell in love with it. It's everything. I recommend it to my friends and family. Why wouldn't you have a Chime. At this day and age they're really lit.

Original review: July 18, 2021

Chime has been a blessing from A-Z. From getting paid a little early to having a Spot me, and then be able to get a Boost?!? Really? Awesome, as well as my one dispute was handled promptly. Excellent!

Original review: July 18, 2021

I have had an active Chime checking account for about 14 months now. All of my deposits, transfers, withdrawals have gone absolutely smooth. The Spot Me feature is amazing if you ever get into a bind. Soon after I add it on the Credit Builder card and immediately saw an increase in my credit score. I now have a chime savings account. Between the three I can transfer funds immediately. No delays, no hesitations. After banking with some of the larger Banks out there I feel like the customer support for chime is way better. Outside of a local credit union this is the absolute best option to go! I have been very happy.

Original review: July 18, 2021

Best bank I've had so far. I love the Spot Me feature. As well as getting paid early. The only cons are some places don't see it as a "real" bank and that there aren't a lot of free ATMS in my area. Other than that it gets 5 stars.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I signed up for Chime well over a year ago. I have never once had an issue with app, card or my money. I have savings, checking, and credit builder card. Highly recommend to anyone. When they say free they mean free!

Original review: July 18, 2021

Chime gives a breath of fresh air in the mobile banking sector as being one of the first to offer a larger option to overdraft without charges than any other company. Would highly recommend. Thankful for them.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I would like to say, this bank has been a total blessing with lots of perks to add in. They are good at keeping me informed on any transactions that were made without my knowledge, and just sent me a new card right away after I had to submit it stolen. They also care about their customers.

Original review: July 18, 2021

Chime is everything they claim to be. They help me get through the month with Spot Me and friends can send $5 boosts to increase your Spot Me. They have a $75 referral for successful sign ups and so much more. Thanks Chime.

Original review: July 17, 2021

Absolutely love this card. Helpful in all aspects of managing account as well as their credit builder card is helpful as far as getting my credit score back on track. Would recommend this card to anyone that's tired of the runaround with traditional banking institutions.

Original review: July 17, 2021

I opened this account basically just to get my direct deposits into. However, I have opened up a bank account, savings account, a credit card, and debit card without any chance of overdrawing this account. This was my first actual bank account all by myself at 42 years old. When I say I cannot over draw my bank account, I mean that they front you money until your next paycheck comes in without being penalized for doing so. I also get my paycheck a day early. However, when I was a temporary at my job I did get it 2 days early. So that depends on your HR department at work as well.

When I need help, there is a virtual assistant in my mobile online banking. However, if that doesn't do the job you can call to talk with a customer representative. Every time I needed help my problem was resolved immediately. I have learned a lot using Chime without being criticized for my ignorance to how banking works. I also was able to link my bank account that I share with my husband. I enjoy using CHIME BANKING and recommend it to anyone wanting a new account.

Original review: July 17, 2021

Chime has been nothing but great for me. I get my paycheck and other allotments early, they spot me up to a hundred bucks instead of charging me fees and not clearing the transaction. I don’t have to worry about any hidden fees either. Moving to chime was the best decision I ever made. Now the brick and mortar banks are trying to imitate chime while discrediting it at the same time. I am also a veteran so my disability also got to chime and there are times when I get it three or four days early. If you don’t do anything else this year, give chime a try and I bet you will not regret it. You may not want to use regular banks ever again after using chime. Thanks.

Original review: July 17, 2021

They help you get paid early and spot you without fees to your next payday!! They added Boost now that you can send to friends. With more improvements to Chime. They keep trying to do more for the consumer!!!

Original review: July 17, 2021

At first I was skeptical about going through a banking app. I had heard so many mixed reviews, but I've been dealing with Chime almost over 6 months now and I actually Love It. They're understanding when you have questions, The No Fee Overdraft is amazing and they have many no fee ATMs around the city that are easy to find and withdraw money. Also I have a Chime Credit Builder Card and just within a month my credit has went up 50+ points. I LOVE THEM and I recommend to any and everyone.

Original review: July 17, 2021

It's easier to use than traditional banking. Plus, they protect my finances far better. I'm very happy. I also love my credit card. Everything is very easy to use and understand. I'm always recommending Chime to friends and family.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I do everything with Chime all the way up to fixing my credit so I can buy a house next year. Anyone can use this card. It's great for elderly people to get financial help when they need it. The money goes straight to their card for quick use.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I love Chime, they are easy to Bank with and I enjoy getting paid two days early. Also I love the credit builder options and the sweepstakes they offer, although I haven't won one yet...lol. Fingers crossed!!!!

Original review: July 16, 2021

Chime is the best banking solution I have the privilege of using. My funds hit early and on time every time. Then their credit card is simple to use and has been building my credit. Chime was a excellent investment.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Our family loves Chime. It is so easy to transfer money back and forth to each other and between our own accounts. No overdraft fees and you just tip if you want if you overdraft and they cover. We are def a Chine family.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I have had Chime for about 4 years, and I can honestly say it's the best thing! I love that spot me has my back when I get in a rough spot. And credit builder is amazing! My credit score went from low 500s to over 700 in less than a year. Customer service has always been amazing too. Also the app is so easy and convenient, I always know where I'm at financially. Best bank ever!

Original review: July 16, 2021

Decided to use Chime debit card for the first time specifically to make monthly rental payments. Had no idea (guess I didn't read the fine print) that the daily spending limit was only 2500.00. Well I paid a few smaller bills online with my Chime card, then when I tried to pay my rent, it declined the transaction even though the funds were there. So now Chime has my money but I can't use it for 24hours? Can't even transfer the funds into another account! Not good when your rent is late! Can't even get gas for my car! Will only use a brick and mortar bank now to pay pay major bills. Customer Service agent was sympathetic but of absolutely no use to me.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I have been with Chime for over three years. It has been the best experience by far. I can always count on them for A1 service accurate service and my paychecks always make it right on time. I love me some time.

Original review: July 15, 2021

My credit score has gone up since I got the credit building account. It's been easy and hassle free. Fits most situations plus the customer service is awesome. The app is user friendly. Transfer money with ease

Original review: July 15, 2021

So I have been banking what time for about two and a half years and they are always coming up with new features and new ways to assist their customers. Chime is the best banking financial institution that I have ever had and I've been with quite a few. They have an awesome no fee overdraft program. They allow you to transfer money to other members they have, the 2-day early deposit and they also have the credit card which helps build your credit along with many many other amazing features. Since I've been with them they have progressed so much within a short period of time and I am so excited to see what's to come in the near and far future.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Chime always has your back. No matter they great. I will never use no one else. If I need to call them they always talk to me and very helpful and very kind to me. My woman uses chime also and we love it. They always watch your account and if they think it's wrong on buying something they will make sure it's ok.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Chime has been really great. They are always a efficient and very patient when I call. I love my banking experience. They are really amazing. I would recommend chime to any and every one. Go get your chime account.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I have been with the Chime family for over 4 years, I have never had such better customer Care, Service and Banking handled so flawlessly. When we went through the hardest time of all our lives, My chime family created a way to be of more help to us. They too had been affected by this Pandemic and still thought about Me and my family. If you have a concern or a dispute the bot system in place is extremely helpful not to mention the response time from a representative once you file your request. Just know if you pick CHIME they definitely have your back. "Chime for the whole family."

Chime Company Information