Ocwen Financial Corp.
4.04/5
  • 1 star
Based on 481 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ocwen Financial Corporation (Ocwen) is one of the leading mortgage servicing companies in America. We provide caring customer service and innovative mortgage solutions that help customers save money, build equity, and most importantly stay in their homes. Through our lending affiliate, Homeward Residential, Inc. (Homeward), we help customers refinance or buy their next home with HARP, Fannie Mae, and FHA mortgage options.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 14, 2017

2599 Ocwen Financial Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Very pleased with the folks I worked with (helped me immensely) while going through the refinance program from beginning to end. Email and phone communications were wonderful and getting the required information to the right people was a breeze.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Jeremy! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback and we are happy to hear we were able to assist you with the refinancing of your loan.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I was given all the information that I requested, I gave my data to make it easier for the prospect of a modification loan. He was always on a professional level with me. He gave me a time and date that he will call back. I will be sent by email the application form for my wife and I to fill out and get all my document in order, to email back.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Larry, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are here to help our customers, and we are glad to hear you received the assistance you needed.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Due to going through a very messy divorce, I fell behind on my mortgage. The relationship manager at Ocwen Sunny **, helped me to get a loan modification on my current mortgage. All of the relationship managers at Ocwen have always been so helpful to me. I would have been homeless had it not been for their help with this. I want to Thank them again for their help and the care that they showed to me.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Laura, thank you for your feedback! We're here to help our customers and we're so glad your relationship manager was able to assist you with a loan modification.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Ocwen is by far one of the best, if not the best, when it comes to customer service. I have had 2 loan modifications since 2009 and have always been treated in a caring manner from anyone I spoke with. Being in the retail business myself I often secure financing for my customers and I often hear horror stories from people who have difficulty with their Mortgage companies and I always tell them of the GREAT experiences I have had with Ocwen. I believe their CS Reps at Ocwen receive great training and deserve the highest grades on any survey.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Eric, thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen! We are delighted to read your feedback and are so glad to hear of the excellent treatment you have received from our Customer Service Reps.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Ocwen has a great customer service department. Well organized and very skillful in care for mortgage issues and modifications. Ocwen has grown in the past four years to be one of the top mortgage servicing companies of all times. I appreciate all the mortgage assistance from Ocwen and care for my loan.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Patricia, we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback! Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I have been with OCWEN for the past ten years or so. I have experienced financial problems due to divorce and as a head of the family, and high cost of living in the Washington Metro. OCWEN works with me even when I have been defaulted on my payments for two months; OCWEN always works with me to bring me current. I have a personal Manager, assigned to me that I can call anytime. In short, I have been able to keep my home when others have lost theirs, OCWEN's communication lines are open 24-7.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Ama, we appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Ocwen assigned a relationship manager (plus) that has been very supportive and assisted us in keeping our home. He continually strives to aid us during several unforeseen circumstances. Loss of job, hurricane and even a medical issue which resulted in me unable to work. Thank You.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Steve! We are here to help our customers and we appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback. We will ensure your feedback is shared with your Relationship Manager.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

There was an issue with my homeowner's policy that one call to Ocwen solved the matter swiftly. The team member I was directed to was able to put me on hold and contact the insurer and rectify the problem. Customer service was friendly and professional. A followup was rendered to assure my satisfaction. If everything was this easy, we wouldn't have any problems. Thank you.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Robert, thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that we were able to rectify the issue with your homeowner's policy.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Issue: Required assistance with late payment. Service: The person on the phone was patient, kind, listened carefully, efficient, and helped me submit the payment. I accomplished what I needed to do very quickly.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Mary, for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear we were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

The Ocwen Representative - Rimit (sp) was very concerned for my needs and tried to do everything possible to ensure my happiness. I am very please with the service and the Account Representative. Have and will recommend them to any friend, family or acquaintance.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you for your feedback and recommendation, Beverly! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're pleased with your experience working with Ocwen.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

As the economy soured, homeowners lost their homes, banks recuperated people's home, foreclosed increased. My experience with OCWEN illustrated different mode. I became defenseless economically, Ocwen employed patience to help me return on my feet.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Theodore, for your positive review regarding your experience with Ocwen. We appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Ocwen has been servicing my home mortgage for many years. During this time, I have had to contact them on numerous occasions. Once, regarding a loan modification, and most recently, due to falling seriously behind on my payments, as a result of a divorce action. Their customer service has always been outstanding. In addition, I have never had any problems with insurance and property taxes being paid on time.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Frank, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Ocwen must have a crystal ball as every year they "predict" a shortage in our escrow and demand an increased payment. Every time we try to get out of the escrow, they magically invent yet another reason why they won't let us do so. First it was our payments had to be current for two years. We passed that hurdle, and now they are saying our loan to value ratio isn't what they want it to be. I am thisclose to contacting an attorney as I am sick to death of their deceptive practices. I would not borrow another cent from them EVER and plan to badmouth this company to everyone I know. Ocwen SUCKS!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Jacqueline, we apologize for your experience. We take customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. A member of our Ombudsman team will contact you. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Ocwen has been working with me in every way possible to reestablish my credibility. I am so grateful and they have a great customer service team. I would recommend Ocwen to others who are interested in financing a home. I trust that they will be satisfied.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Edna, for this review and recommendation! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are happy with the service provided.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

When speaking with my relationship manager, Murali, I’ve always felt valued as a customer. His professionalism and knowledge of process and procedures were an asset to me. I was able to go through the process (loan modification) and am waiting final approval.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Colette, thank you for your feedback! Ocwen is here to help our customers and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you. We will ensure your feedback is shared with Murali.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I could hardly ever understand any of the customer service people. They are in another country because the sound is low and they speak the most choppy mispronounced words you've ever heard. Every time I called them I had to request another person who speaks English. I'm so glad my loan got transferred. I hope I never have to deal with these idiots again.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Dustin, Ocwen takes all feedback very seriously, and we sincerely apologize for your experience.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I am so fortunate to have the Ocwen Loan services as my mortgage carrier, they are the most organize, customer service oriented and caring company ever. I was not able to afford my mortgage payments anymore due to life events, the Ocwen team/my relationship manager find any way possible to lower my mortgage. My relationship manager is amazing!! Very caring people, not robots. My daughter's and I thank Ocwen Loan Services very much for all the help. We truly appreciate you.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Natalie, it is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! We will be sure to share your feedback with your Relationship Manager.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Without Ocwen Servicing and Wells Fargo Bank my family and I would have lost our home several times. They could NOT be more helpful and understanding. They truly go above and beyond to help you save your home not lose it. TOP NOTCH. Could not imagine any better exist.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we genuinely appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Ocwen has been very helpful and willing to help us stay in our home. I was laid off in 2011, we modified our mortgage with no issues. Ocwen representatives are very helpful in taking you through the steps that are need to help you.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Theresa, thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

OCWEN helped family stay in our home after I becoming disabled couldn't work anymore. They directed me to the HARP program, OCWEN found a way backed by this program, it was instrumental for our family.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Fredell, for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear we were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I was missing my mailed November mortgage account statement and I mailed a check 11-1-17 to the PO Box 24738, W P B. The payment was not recorded and the check was missing. Assistance helped resolve the situation and the check was cancelled. My late payment and current payments were made by phone correcting and resolving my problem. Excellent assistance from ** to solve my situation. Thanks.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Roy, thank you for this review! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are happy with the service provided in resolving this issue.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Very Good. Relationship manager was very accommodating in scheduling my payment for January 1, 2018. Repayment plan was re written to accommodate the balance on the repayment portion having already making substantial payments on the catch up. Thank you.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Alfredo, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we are glad to hear that the Relationship Manager was able to assist you with your repayment plan.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

During my last conversation with my relationship manager, he was very thorough and compassionate to my situation and made sure any unanswered questions were taken cared of. I REALLY HAVE TO SAY YOU REALLY DO CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMER'S SITUATIONS AND HARDSHIPS, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Joseph, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we're delighted to read your feedback about the great service provided by your Relationship Manager!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Loan #**, I have been a long time Ocwen customer, I applied 3 times for a loan modification and Ocwen has declined my application telling me that at this time I do not qualify for a modification, my income has declined and I am having a hard time, If they really want to help they can extend the term of my loan and put a fix interest rate but since they always set the value of my home very high they just tell me to sell, I have dispute the value before with comparables but they don’t care.

I want to keep my home. I am a older person. It is very sad that they just want you to lose the house you have lived, when they call my cell phone in the past they asked what is the best number to call and they give the home # saying that is the contact # they have and I asked, "Well don’t you have my cell?" They responded No but they are calling my cell.

The persons that called they are from India and I cannot understand their English, why they don’t use people that speaks better English, hard to communicate, I recently made a payment and since I am late they didn’t allow me to do it online. I was 89 days late not on default yet so I had to call and the guy from India (customer service) was trying to charge me $19.00 to do the payment over the phone, I told him that in top of having a hard time financially Ocwen is trying to squeeze the blood out of me then he changed the amount to $12.00. Still higher than paying online ($10). Ocwen should feel embarrassed of what they are doing to people, pushing us to go into default when they should try to help us save our homes, I know that if they extend the term of my loan and put the interest fix I will be able to do my payments without any problem. Very disappointed???

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Maria, Ocwen takes all feedback very seriously, and we regret the experience you've had. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review and contact you to discuss your concerns in further detail.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Recently I sent an Insurance Claims check for hurricane damage from ST. Johns Insurance for endorsement. I thought that it was a simple procedure. I did not anticipate going through the third degree just to get the check endorsed and return to me for deposit. It was the most frustrating experience I have ever had. I sincerely hope that will be my first and last experience dealing with anyone at Ocwen's Insurance Claims Dept.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Fredricka, your feedback is valuable to us to improve our customer service. We sincerely apologize for your experience with Ocwen and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

My initial call involved a late charge discrepancy listed on my 11/20/2017 statement. It was corrected and the Service Rep. mentioned other MTG solutions & my call was transferred to the Homeward Res. Dept. My concerns/needs were met.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Patricia, thank you for providing feedback on your experience with us. If there is anything outstanding that you need assistance with, please private message us with the details.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I was a member of the Ocwen mortgage. They were very helpful, easy to understand, and answered all my questions, they helped me through rough times, did everything they could do to help me. I was very pleased for all they did for me, and recommend them to anyone looking for a mortgage co.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Tony, for your feedback and recommendation! We're here to help our customers and we're glad to hear you were pleased with your Ocwen experience.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Ocwen Loan refuses to adjust my first and second high interest only, balloon mortgage to low interest fixed rate that fits my income. My current mortgage debt to income ratio is 57%. I have good credit report with a proven track record of making my payments on time. I have owned my home for 13 years with zero late payments. Ocwen gave me a modification on my first mortgage which was a waste of time. It didn't solve anything. My current interests rates are 3.4% which matures in 2035 and 11.9% matures in 2019, both are interest only loans. The original loan amount in 2004 was $115,410. My current principal balance is $109,000. This means I have only been allowed to pay $6,410 in principal over 13 years. I have suffered emotional distress over the terms of my loan. Ocwen has set me up to fail and lose my house. I do not know who to turn to. Ocwen Loan have me strapped.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Julie, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously and we sincerely apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review as well and they will contact you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I have been with Ocwen Mortgage for several years. I am not very happy with them due to their failure to remove the mortgage insurance. I have made monthly payments to Ocwen over 5 years and I never have missed a payment or been late. I have sent several letters to have the mortgage insurance removed but always get the standard excuse. I have discussed the problem with other companies and was informed Ocwen is the worst company to deal with in the removal of mortgage insurance. Mortgage insurance is added to the loan in the beginning of the loan in case the loan is defaulted and foreclosed on therefore the lender would not take the loss.

The mortgage insurance is usually cancelled by other mortgage companies after one year. It's been over 5 years and I am still paying the mortgage insurance of $229.21. At what point will I not still be considered a high risk. It is the greed of Ocwen Mortgage Company to continually take the extra $229.21 mortgage insurance each month. Ocwen is not interested in helping its customers but only getting as much money from them. I have proven that I am a good client without having late or missed payments. I would like to have the extra $229.21 each month in my account but instead the bloodsucking leeches are taking it from me.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns regarding your mortgage insurance. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

We had no problems with OCWEN when we needed to have information about our account or how we needed to provide information to them. They were always courteous and friendly and helpful. All employees knew the information being asked and where or who we needed to talk to. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a easy to use friendly environment.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Coree! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. Company Information

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.
1988