West Palm Beach, FL

• 3 stars4%
  • 2 stars3%
  • 1 stars69%

www.ocwen.com

Ocwen Financial Corporation (Ocwen) is one of the leading mortgage servicing companies in America. We provide caring customer service and innovative mortgage solutions that help customers save money, build equity, and most importantly stay in their homes. Through our lending affiliate, Homeward Residential, Inc. (Homeward), we help customers refinance or buy their next home with HARP, Fannie Mae, and FHA mortgage options.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Sherry, We're delighted to read your feedback about the service provided by Ocwen. Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

OCWEN provides EXCEPTIONAL service to their customers. Their phone reps are pleasant, professional, helpful, knowledgeable, and focused on their customers always. They never fail to verify that your questions have been answered and treat even the most remote/minor questions as if you are their priority. They understand that your home is your most important investment and they value that as much as the customer. They have a successful business because they have happy customers, they understand that important balance. Their logo says it all, "Helping Homeowners Is What We Do!" They walk the talk!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you Maria! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

The loan officers were very willing to work with me. They even helped closing the deal through the American Embassy as I was out of the country. I signed the final forms and had them witnessed by a notary at the Embassy.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Congratulations on buying your first home! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences.

Original review: July 30, 2016

We were first-time home buyers so we didn't understand too much about how the process works and Homeward Residential has been able to break down everything for us. They explained how much is gonna be left and how much is going every year to the interest and the principal, and they kept track of everything. Their loan officers were very friendly and they've always been on time when sending the paper for the tax and the docs on how much interest we paid at the end of the year when I ask them. I have a direct withdrawal from my account and they send the confirmation that the bill was paid in full every month. Overall, they're very good and they know what they are doing.

We recently refinanced our home, and several calls took place with Ocwen representatives. All were very courteous and helpful. In the most recent call, the representative was especially helpful, going a little "out of the way" to get everything right.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Howard. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Payment Arrangements - Just wanted to inform agent that payment would be made before the end of the month. He was very professional.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Having difficulty gaining access to the website, I contacted a representative by telephone and explained my inability to do so using what I believed to be my current username and password. The representative was attentive, understanding, and courteous. The representative was knowledgeable and professional in providing the correct procedures in alleviating my problem in a timely manner.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Mangeet. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Whenever speak to Ocwen person they always talk nicely. Thanks to you guys. I'm very happy that I'm part of your bank. You always take care your customers, not only me.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

David, We're delighted to read your feedback about the service provided by Ocwen. Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Rep was very personable. She responded to my question in a quick, professional manner, provided a solution to my query, and had me off the phone in 5 minutes.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Bootsie. We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

I would recommend Owen to others because they really work to help their customers. I have had to contact them several times before and they were kind and always wanted to help me and my situation. So this is why I would recommend them to others.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Iris, We're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Your company is the best I have every dealt with. Thank you so much for your quick response concerning my needs. Everything work out excellent. I am excited for the experience I have had working with your company. My loan officer was precise. All the information was up-to-date which made the process quicker. You guys are the most. Keep up the good work in the future. I am putting your name out there. Every time I heard someone speak concerning their mortgage, my experience is being shared.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Paul, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

My family owns a small service business in Phoenix AZ. The financial crash of 2009 had a significant negative impact on us. We fought to survive, and with 3 children in our home, the reality of a foreclosure was devastating. Ocwen took a pro-active stance to help us. They sent us a modification agreement which permanently changed our interest rate 7 points lower. This took our monthly payment from almost $1200.00 to just over $635. The maturation date remained the same, and this reduction allowed us to weather the financial storm and keep my family in the only home they have ever known. The net result is our family is stable and secure, and extremely grateful to Ocwen and the management team at Ocwen.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you Oliver! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Ocwen is driven by commitment and the lender offered me an affordable financial package which enabled me to remain in my home. I can relax and enjoy home life because of the trust, honesty and terrific loan serving I enjoy with Ocwen. Thank you!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Great feedback, Daniel! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with you experience working with Ocwen.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

First preference to any friend that need my recommendation. Professional and convenient and they listen and communicate back to you like you're a person and not a number. Great Company.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you Alice! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

End of year tax record - Needed a copy of my interest paid for 2015. Loan had changed hands & new lender sent their part for remainder of year but had not received one from Ocwen. Called, had great response, emailed my form instantly. Great service. Great communication.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you Judith! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I accidentally made a house payment to the company that previously owned the loan. It scared me to think I was going to be out that money for several months. When I called the service department to correct the mistake I was delighted to be taken care of and reassured that everything was duly noted, and corrected. The service was amazing!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Marilyn. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I had a nice experience when speaking with the Ocwen Representative. He was helpful and I appreciated his great personality.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you Jataun! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Late Payment and Payment History - I was provided with excellent customer service. The representatives I spoke with knew their stuff and was very, very customer service friendly. Can they be cloned?

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Sharon. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I was quite pleased with the attention and respect afforded me by Ocwen representative. He took the time to speak clearly, explain terms in a way I could understand. He assisted me with the application process. His customer service far exceeded my expectations. I will recommend Ocwen Loan Servicing to my friends and family.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Mesidor! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Dealing with Ocwen has been a rewarding experience. The reps. are knowledgeable and helpful either online or over the phone. They have and promoting good programs to help homeowner keeping and stay in their homes regardless of their financial difficulties. They did helped me when I was in need.

Yes, your operators are always curious even though I am always late at no fault of my own. I have asked for a due date change but they say their hands are tied because of policy. I cannot get a month ahead because of being on a fixed income, my husband and I both and I end up paying a $12 Western Union fee and the $17 late fee each month and have for over a year.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you Keith! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I had concerns on my old account with you and the lady who helped me was great. She addressed my concerns and explained why thing said what they said and put my mind at ease.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Service is responsive, friendly, professional and reliable. Documents are occasionally mis-tracked, and this is understandable. I look forward to telephone meetings and exchange of information, because circumstances can change. Thank you.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you Joseph! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I have been with Ocwen for several years. I have been blessed that they took on my mortgage. I have always received individual attention and any and all of my questions/concerns were immediately address and resolved. All of Ocwen's representatives are highly qualified and they are determined to please you as their customer. I highly recommend Ocwen and will always stay with them!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Ocwen is very good mortgage company. In the time of financial hardship they were there for me and my family. The customer service representative are very helpful and they answer the phone in a timely manner.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Andrew, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will use it to improve our customer service.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I am unhappy with how Ocwen deals with customers. They call early morning on weekends waking up the whole family on the 2nd of the month to inform that the payment was not yet received. I was never late and had a grace period until the 15th. I asked customer service to stop calling us that early, but they were not helpful at all and did not do anything to resolve the issue.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

We apologize for your experience. We take customer feedback very seriously and we thank you for providing us with an opportunity to address your concerns. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review your account in detail and contact you to discuss this further.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

This is the worst mortgage company ever in the history of mortgage companies. I've owned my home for 16 years & my loan was transferred to this company about 3 years ago. In 2015, unbeknownst to myself, Ocwen failed to mail my homeowner's insurance payment, I was without insurance for several months. It took me about a month to get the payment mailed by Ocwen. In December of 2015, I became ill & was placed on medical leave. I applied for assistance through their loan modification program. I was denied twice. Once because my SS disability wasn't finalized yet. Once it was finalized, I reapplied. Only to be denied, stating that I hadn't sent in this form or that form, which I had. Twice.

The relationship person agreed I was correct, but I still had to reapply. Then these clowns denied me again. They told me my address was incorrect as well as my name. Really?! I sent tax returns, utility bills, everything they asked for. Still telling me I don't know my own name or address. Pretty much accusing me of mortgage fraud. Really?! Last week or so, I received a letter stating that my homeowners insurance- Missouri Farm Bureau (which I have always used) is not rated high enough & I do not have the proper policy. All of this is incorrect.

Each time I call, I get an operator with a foreign accent so thick that I cannot understand them. I have asked numerous times when I've called to speak to someone else that I can understand, never have they ever transferred me. I end up hanging up the phone. I've asked for supervisors, nothing. I'm extremely overwhelmed with my illness & huge loss of income. I do not have time or energy for all of the mess these people have put me through. Not to mention, they destroyed my credit score. Even with my staying in contact, when payments would be made, etc. I am going to try my best to find another mortgage company that is credible & refinance. I pray that nobody else that is as ill as I am has to deal with these people.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that the Relationship Manager has been very diligent in working with you. We will ensure your feedback is also shared with him.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

While helping a client as a third party, Homekeepers, I find Ocwen to be one of the most efficient in collecting and disseminating information. My representative Sukundra ** is very diligent in working with me to help the consumer retain his home.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you Mary. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we certainly value your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

Ocwen is been helpful in helping me keep my home. I am a senior and want and need my home.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you Kathryn for taking the time to share your Ocwen experience. We're happy that you have enjoyed working with us.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

I do not get alarmed when I receive a phone call from the Collections Department. I had to take an early retirement March 14, 2013 to take care of my mother in law. I am on a very tight budget which makes it difficult to pay bills. I do not have enough money at the beginning the month to cover all the bills at once. I do not get my Social Security check until the third week of each month. So my Mortgage Payment will always be late. There is nothing that I can do about this. I will always get a phone call from the Collections Department. These people are very polite, understanding, and helpful. I don't mind getting calls from these people. It is a pleasure dealing with them. I am grateful that your employees are so pleasant to talk with. I am grateful that they not rude and very aggravating like some other collections department from other companies are. Thank you.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you Achille for your positive feedback. We are happy to hear we have provided you with an exceptional experience.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Rocks! YES! Ocwen treated us as customers. They made the transition from GMAC to OCWEN very smooth when GMAC sold their mortgages. Actually I called them to see if they would take my other mortgage as well. Thank you Ocwen and please keep up the GREAT work you are doing! Wishing you well!

Expert Review

Michele LernerMortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.    More about Michele→

Ocwen Loan Servicing was founded in 1988 and has over 10,000 employees and operations across the United States as well as in the U.S. Virgin Islands, India and the Philippines. They provide lending solutions for residential and commercial customers, including home loans, investment property loans and reverse mortgages.

• Free mortgage assistance solutions: Ocwen has several options for homeowners to consider instead of foreclosure if they are unable to afford to stay in their homes. These options include help with listing a property for sale, forgiveness of debt in exchange for transferring the deed to the property and debt settlement through foreclosure alternatives.
  • Online application: Submit an online application to get started finding the right loan for your needs. Check your loan status online.
  • Commercial mortgages: Ocwen has over 20 years of experience managing performing and non-performing mortgage loans for commercial clients. Their commercial mortgage services include default management and small balance portfolio management.
  • Homeowner resources: Ocwen’s website has several resources for homeowners and home buyers to explore, including a convenient mortgage rate comparison table that allows consumers to determine which type of mortgage will work best for them.
  • REO property listings: Ocwen’s website includes listings of their REO (Real Estate Owned) properties. Simply input your desired area code to find and bid on homes for sale in your area.
  • Best for Ocwen Lending Services is best for business owners and first time homebuyers, real estate investors will also benefit from Ocwen’s REO listings.

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. Company Profile