toll free
Call now for more information

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.

West Palm Beach, FL
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Great feedback, Carolyn! We are here to help our customers, and we genuinely appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

Everyone from OCWEN made me feel comfortable and supported through the entirety of my process. It was a very difficult time for me, financially and emotionally, and their determination to help me made me feel very safe and comforted. I truly had the feeling that OCWEN's entire goal was to help me (or any customer!) be successful with whatever service they could help with. They helped me refinance my mortgage when I had significantly fallen behind on my payments due to a long period of hardship and I was terrified that I would lose my house. Not only have I remained in my house but they helped me attain an affordable new mortgage. I truly appreciate everything OCWEN did for me.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Kelly, Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that we have exceeded your expectations and appreciate your positive feedback. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and are here to help our customers.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Ocwen loan service has exceeded all my expectation. We have had issues with our loan during the term, and they have been there as if they were family. They look for ways to help you survive your issues and are clear from start. That's what they want to do. I would and will always use them, refer them, and would speak out on their behalf. That's how good the service has been. Thanks for all you do, keep it up.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Patricia, we are delighted to read about the excellent service you've received from Ocwen! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you, and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Original review: May 16, 2017

The customer service is great and Ocwen has improved so much. The customer service is excellent. Ocwen follows up with me through emails phone calls and I was able to reschedule appointment and reminders were great.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Ernest, for your positive feedback! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: May 13, 2017

I found the experience to be very user friendly and expedient. My account representative was very knowledgeable and sympathetic to my financial hardship situation. I would gladly recommend OCWEN to friends and relatives.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

LaRhonda, we take customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review in detail and contact you to discuss this further.

Original review: May 12, 2017

A total nightmare. When this loan was originated, it was done with an investor due to a bad divorce that I had gone through. I had to have an investor put on the loan for the credit purposes. I have been working with Ocwen to do an assumption since April 2016. It has been the longest drawn out situation, regarding a home, in my life. I would like to just give a readers digest synopsis of what has happened and the reason for my complaint.

04/2016 emailed the assumption department with no response.
08/2016 emailed assumption department yet again but with a response. Got the application with instructions sent to my email.
10/2016 reached out to the rep that was listed on the paperwork to get an update on the application.
10/2016 talked with rep (Jason) for the status update for him to tell me that I would probably be denied. His reasoning was that I have outstanding student loans and they have to do 1%.

10/2016 Received denial letter insufficient income box checked.

10/2016 Reached out to Newsed, HUD approved counseling, to get some assistance.
11/2016 Application sent again for assumption.
12/2017 Still waiting for update on assumption.

02/2017 Another application, with more fees paid, sent to Owen. First application I did not disclose my child support and this application it was disclosed.

05/2017 Received denial letter from Ocwen. This time the reason was lack of cash reserve, delinquent past or present credit obligations and insufficient income for credit requested. Now these are all three new and different reasons for the denial. The HUD counselor did the entire math before we submitted the application. No new credit lines have been open from the first time that the credit was pulled to the last time that Ocwen pulled my credit. Within the time that all this had transpired, the rep has given different answers to questions that the HID counselor has asked i.e. the amount that needs to be brought to the table and the reasoning for the denial(s). I just would like to assume the loan that I have been paying for. If someone could please look at this situation, I would greatly appreciate it.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Yvette, for the positive review! We are glad to hear that you had an awesome experience working with Ocwen!

Original review: May 11, 2017

Ocwen Financial is an awesome mortgage provider. They went above and beyond to help me with my mortgage needs and exceeded my expectations. They are very kind, and I have only great things to say about them. Thank you Ocwen, without you I would be a bad financial situation.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Rhonda, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review in detail and contact you to discuss this further.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I have been trying to get my home in my name since my spouse passed away in Sept. 2015. It has been a continuous nightmare. I am told a different story every time I call; or I'm missing paperwork; or I no longer have authorization to speak on his behalf. He is dead. He cannot longer provide authorization to Ocwen to speak to me. I opened an estate in order to take care of this problem, I am executor OF THE ESTATE. But yet I am always told they cannot speak to me without authorization. If I call back and talk to someone else, all the sudden they have authorization to speak to me.

I have kept track of every phone call. Every letter. Everything I have had to go through on this loan. My modification was finally approved and finalized in Dec. 2016. I was assured that it would only take another 30-60 for the home to finally be put in my name. I have not heard a thing from them so I called to check on the status the beginning of May. I was sent paperwork to sign for the assumption AGAIN. They even sent me the original paperwork that I signed in Feb. 2016 and stated that this was too old! Of course it is! It has been a year since I signed it!! I don't even know where to go from here. 2 years and I still have not been able to do something as simple as get my home in my name. The only thing I can think of doing now is taking them to court.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.?

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Karla, we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback. Thank you.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I have had mortgage accounts since 1996, I've to say that Ocwen has been by far the best. They immediately take care of my requests, inquiries, and they really know what they are talking about without hesitation. I wish all my mortgages could be handled by them.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Simon! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen.

Original review: May 9, 2017

A seamless transition to refinance - I finally took the plunge into refinance. There have been many stories about the hassle of so much paperwork. This was not the case for me. The underwriter was thorough, but efficient in getting things done. I would do it again, maybe my next house.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Carolyn, for your feedback! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I recently refinanced my mortgage. It was a long process and I dealt with a few persons. The main person I dealt with walked my husband and I through the process. So glad to have had her wisdom and expertise. She explained the process and then explained again (answering questions) throughout which was very helpful. It is now done and I'm satisfied.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

DeAndra, thank you for taking the time to share your Ocwen experience with others. We're so glad to hear that we were able to help you, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: May 7, 2017

Ocwen has approved 2 modifications for my family which has helped us to remain in our home and maintain our financial responsibilities. The staff has been particularly considerate, understanding and professional, which has eliminated previous skepticism increased confidence. Thank you to Ocwen and the Relationship Managers who have encouraged and assisted my family during difficult times.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

James, we appreciate the time you spent to share your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback!

Original review: May 3, 2017

Every time I contact Ocwen's Customer Service, whether it be for help on my mortgage or a loss due to storm damage on my house, I always receive the greatest customer service in regards to the problem I might be experiencing at that particular time.

No response received

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Ken, we sincerely apologize for your experience with Ocwen and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further. We are reviewing your account and a member of our Ombudsman team will contact you to discuss in further detail. Thank you.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I have had an Ocwen loan for many years. I have asked to refinance, but rather than keep a customer, they state that I have to move my loan to another company for a refinance. Why would they do this to someone with great credit and always pays on time?

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Debbie, thank you for the recommendation and for taking the time to share your Ocwen experience with others! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're happy to hear that we were able to help.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I have had a awesome experience with Ocwen as my mortgage company. Through divorce, sickness and now cancer. Ocwen has been there showing concern about my every need and have come up with plans to help make my loan affordable. I strive hard to pay my mortgage on time. I highly recommend them to my family and friends.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you! We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience and we value your positive feedback.

Original review: May 2, 2017

Over the years our interactions with the customer service experts at OCWEN have been generally very good. They are courteous and willing to assist no matter the challenge. As a result, our home is affordable. Am a satisfied OCWEN customer.

Foreclosure my home in July 2010. The Ocwen Customer Service are very rude and ugly, they did not accept third party on relay interpreter (video phone), they hung up on me hundred times. We tried to solve problem payment due my wife was in hospital in 2009. They don't care to accept on video phone for interpreter (American Sign Language Interpreter). We are deaf couple and I lost my home and my land was mine since 25 years and new home... just lost everything. We cried and WHY WHY they don't care us. Ocwen owe us big time. How very rude customer service... Ocwen people not friendly and lies.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Abbie, we apologize for your experience with Ocwen. Our Ombudsman team is reviewing your account with regard to the credit bureau reporting and will be in contact with you.

Original review: May 2, 2017

We closed on our house on 2/28/2017 and they still have failed to report to the bureaus accurately and it's 5/1/2017. I have called numerous times only to be told different stories each time to when they will report (they did on 3/24 - 3/27 - 4/7 - 4/30 all saying we still have a balance). The last few times I have called they said they would report by the 14th of the month and then the next time I called said it would be the third week and when that didn't happen I called again and said it would be the end of the month. Well here we are again and it's the end of the month and was reported WRONG again!

We were supposed to close on another house and we now lost the house and are HOMELESS because of this so called "company" that reports things accurately and value that about themselves. We are now talking to attorneys to fix this mess since it now says on our credit that we haven't made a payment since February. Beyond frustrated and tired of hearing excuses and by people you can't hardly understand. Our loan getting sold to them has been the biggest nightmare since the day they got our account.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Tracie, we sincerely apologize for your experience and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. A member of our team will contact you.

Original review: May 2, 2017

Ever since GMAC sold our loan to Ocwen it has been constant problems. My husband pays our mortgage twice monthly by splitting the payment in half and then paying a little extra to get ahead on principal. My husband has spoken to at least 8 different people. All said they "made notes", "It won't happen again". This last time he really thought he had it straightened out. Ocwen said it had a system for this type of payment. We just had to make an EXTRA $600 payment. I told my husband that sounds like a complete rip off! Plus, now when we call we get bounced around and then told they "don't have anyone to take our call, call back later." He has called 4 times and we can't talk to a single person. He has also emailed. Also, they didn't send us our 2016 tax paperwork until AFTER the April 15 deadline even though we were told they would be overnighted at one point then when they showed up 2 weeks later they were WRONG!!!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Jason, Ocwen takes customer feedback seriously, and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team and they will contact you to discuss in further detail.

Original review: April 29, 2017

After a slow credit recover I was approximately 18 months since any late payments on mortgages. In February had reasons tied to business that resulted in me paying the payment on the 28th. It was past the cutoff Ocwen established of 8:00pm that day, so it would post the following day, on March 1st. Ocwen interprets the new month starting as 30 days late... or any time it is posted in the following month. I have spoken with 3-4 of employees there, and they have sent me a copy of my mortgage note, and then they also responded with letter stating that they cannot correct reporting because it is correctly and contractually (always using this word) late because it posted March 1st. I know I was late, and I paid a late fee. But I interpret 30 days as literally 30 days late. So Feb 2nd is 1 day late, etc... March 1st would be 28 days late. I have never before heard of 30 days meaning 1 month in a technical sense.

The copy of my note was sent to me, and it says nothing about a month or 30 day reporting. I stated that usually there is a separate closing disclosure that refers to late reporting, and I'd like a copy of that. They apparently don't have anything. And the letter from the research department simply states that they are correct. I have repeatedly asked for documentation to support their policy and they state that it is the law/policy of credit bureaus, and that they cannot correct it even if they wanted to, because of those rules. The impact to credit is significant and it is costing me significantly in business related activities.

I have submitted a dispute through the credit bureaus and I'm not calculating what this is going to potentially cost me in damages. And while it's unfortunate I ended up so far past the date to even have this issue, the contracts we sign and laws in place are very specific and provide protections to both parties in a contract. I don't see that Ocwen is correctly practicing according to the law or my contract with them.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Jennifer, we apologize for your experience. Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously and we would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns regarding your mortgage. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review in detail and contact you to discuss this further.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I have had numerous problems with Ocwen. From them telling keep your home California that I was denied for a modification and I was approved to Ocwen refusing to tell me who my actual mortgage is through. They play games and no one can tell me what is going on with my mortgage. They have fees on top of fees. I have had so many issues with them I could write a book. Run away.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Maria, we are so sorry for your loss. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: April 26, 2017

My father fell critically ill in 2016 and he stopped paying his mortgage. He passed away end of 2016 and the mortgage payments were past-due. OCWEN has worked with me hand in hand to process a modification. Every single one of their representatives has always been courteous, compassionate and helpful. I have nothing but immense gratitude for this mortgage lender as they have made this unfortunate and devastating experience a little less painful.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Sharon, we appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I have always enjoyed a professional & compassionate experience with the Relationship Managers at OCWEN. I am a single women on a fixed income & as a result run into difficulties with managing my finances. I love my home & want to keep it forever & OCWEN works with me to that end with grace & suggestions to help me.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Clement. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: April 25, 2017

My application for loan modification was addressed professionally and courteously as required by business ethics. The forms were sent on time. Guidelines were included. Forms were made easy to understand. Return of forms directives were simple.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Helen, we apologize for your experience. Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review in detail and contact you to discuss this further.

Original review: April 25, 2017

There are a few things that I would like to address. I have an impound account that is supposed to pay my property taxes and insurance. I had the same insurance since the inception of my loan. Ocwen failed to pay my insurance as a result. I had to pay it to prevent it from lapsing. Another time my payments were misapplied which created a delinquent notice being filed with credit reporting agency which lowered my credit score. Another time, I was scammed to send my Ocwen payments to another address which I did. I never received my payments back. Ocwen failed to notify their customers regarding fraud and scammers.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Fred, thank you for your feedback! We're here to help our customers and we're glad we were able to find a resolution for you and your family.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I would like to say Thanks to Ocwen for their understanding and finding a great solution when it comes to paying my mortgage. My family and I could rest easy at night knowing we have a roof over our heads because Ocwen. Thank you.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Greg, we appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: April 22, 2017

The Ocwen staff that calls me to remind me of the mortgage payment due are respectful. Knowing I lost my job in 2015 and was unemployed for 8 months, I am still recovering and occasionally I cannot make the payment on the 1st and sometimes late even past 15th, but they know I am working to get back to normal. High marks for Ocwen.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Steven, thank you for sharing your Ocwen experience with others. We're here to help our customers and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: April 21, 2017

Ocwen is working with me and they understand the financial hardship I'm going through. The person assigned to my account is very knowledgeable and explained my options very clearly. I'm going to try a loan modification and he explained the process.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, John, for taking the time to share your feedback. If there is anything outstanding you need assistance with, please send a private message with the details and someone from our Ombudsman team will contact you.

Original review: April 20, 2017

I'm in the process of filing a Chapter 7 BK. My goal is to reaffirm my debt after my debts have been discharged. I cannot file until I'm out of the hospital for surgery since the courts are strict about schedule changes. The minute I mentioned filing I was told I could no longer speak with a representative even though the filing has yet to occur. Other than that, the customer service representatives have always been courteous and helpful.

No response received

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Ocwen takes all customer feedback very seriously and are here to help our customers. It is our goal to make very attempt to resolve your concerns. Your mother’s account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review your concerns and contact you to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: April 20, 2017

Why OCWEN is listed under mortgages, I don't know. I guess there's a loose association as they service loans for other subprime lenders, but make no mistake OCWEN is a debt collector. They are registered as a debt collector and use the same strategies as JDB's and the likes of the bottom feeders of the consumer predatory world. For a number of years OCWEN failed to pay any money into the escrow account associated with the mortgage attached to my mother's home, despite escrow being part of the loan agreement.

This left my mother behind on property tax and at-risk of property seizure by the sheriff's department, which naturally OCWEN or the lender they worked for would have bought the house for a song. This practice stopped when Delta Funding went bankrupt in 2007 due to the subprime housing crisis that OCWEN and Delta precipitated. However, OCWEN maintains irregularity in escrow collection and disbursement, causing an escrow account to go negative in the thousands of dollars. How can an escrow account go negative that far? Now irregularity is not a concern when it comes to interest collection.

They have successfully, and continuously allocated 80% of the monthly mortgage payments toward interest for the last 13 years, leaving <10% toward the principal balance. The maturity date of the mortgage agreement doesn't even allow for complete payment of the loan under the allotment used for payment segregation. By the time the maturity date comes to fruition, there will still be >$6,000 left on the loan. So upon the maturity date, OCWEN and whatever bank they "service" for will have earned upwards of $170k in interest, an additional $60k in principal, and will still be able to seize the property and resell it at the end. I hope, for the sake of lower income, or self-employed Americans across the country that OCWEN isn't around in 2034, and judging by the judiciary action against OCWEN over the last 10 years, they probably won't be.

I am pretty certain that because OCWEN pays to be a part of this Consumer Affairs site, that they also pay to have negative reviews removed and this will never be seen. I'm also fairly certain that the majority of the positive reviews on this website are in fact written by OCWEN and replied to by OCWEN. OCWEN is the 4th largest mortgage handler in the US that isn't a bank (they're a debt collector). If you visit the Consumer Affairs links for the other major mortgage brokers, you will see a lack of response. OCWEN uses this website to bolster their image.

OCWEN has, and continues to foreclose upon MILLIONS of Americans who were sold a dream and mislead to believe they were doing the right thing (agreeing to egregious interest rates). The subprime loans, such as my mother's, were sold with the intent that they would be foreclosed upon after a few years of payments, once the resident couldn't divvy up anymore. Unfortunately for OCWEN, my mother has continued to make good faith payments and never fell into foreclosure, so OCWEN found other ways to bilk my mother out of her limited income. Not once did the company ever offer mortgage relief when late payments occurred in the early ots, nor did they appropriately receive and distribute escrow monies. Their customer service is offshore, and can only help you obtaining loan documents some of which take upwards of 4 business days to receive via email. Do not trust this company or the services they provide.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Steve, for the recommendation! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I have a nephew who before the mortgage crisis was a mortgage Broker. I had never owned a home but I let him talk me into buying. I had an affordable mortgage that turned into a nightmare. I didn't think it was fair. Got my state AG involved. They introduced me to Litton Loan who in turn gave me to Ocwen and I haven't missed a payment or been late since. I do pay it towards the end of the month due to my disability check's arrival but since I've been with Ocwen I am stress free and I would recommend you to anyone.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Jaroslaw, we apologize for your experience. Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review in detail and contact you to discuss this further.

Original review: April 18, 2017

Was invited to loan modifications and promised lower payment. My trials payment was $1590 and I was promised to get same payment as trial or nearest cash value. My loan never have balloon and principal was $374000. During modification process I was able speak to modification officer. I signed and notarized modification application. Then after some time I received final modification agreement. I get literally shock. My principal rose to $480000 and get also balloon payment $230000. My monthly payment rose to $1890.00 a month.

That property market values was never more than $390000. I try to get in touch with modification manager but never again get connected to him. He was always away from office. Also his voicemail send me to another loan officer but again he was never reachable. I try to convince him that if I walk away from this loan and try to buy this property again for market value I'll never pay more than $375000. Conclusion: My modification was total scam not barring on any economic logic. That's why we stop paying.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Jean, thank you for sharing your feedback! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with us.

Original review: April 17, 2017

I am very happy with Ocwen for the way they have helped me over the past 5 years with modification with my loan. Now they are helping me to go thru another modification again. Helping people is what they do. This is my 2nd modification and Brett call me and walked me thru all the paperwork. If not for Ocwen I would of lost my home. I am a special needs bus driver and my hours are cut during summer. Thank you Ocwen.

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. Company Profile

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.
1988