Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.

West Palm Beach, FL

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Great feedback, Carolyn! We are here to help our customers, and we genuinely appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

Everyone from OCWEN made me feel comfortable and supported through the entirety of my process. It was a very difficult time for me, financially and emotionally, and their determination to help me made me feel very safe and comforted. I truly had the feeling that OCWEN's entire goal was to help me (or any customer!) be successful with whatever service they could help with. They helped me refinance my mortgage when I had significantly fallen behind on my payments due to a long period of hardship and I was terrified that I would lose my house. Not only have I remained in my house but they helped me attain an affordable new mortgage. I truly appreciate everything OCWEN did for me.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Kelly, Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that we have exceeded your expectations and appreciate your positive feedback. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and are here to help our customers.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Ocwen loan service has exceeded all my expectation. We have had issues with our loan during the term, and they have been there as if they were family. They look for ways to help you survive your issues and are clear from start. That's what they want to do. I would and will always use them, refer them, and would speak out on their behalf. That's how good the service has been. Thanks for all you do, keep it up.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Great feedback, Terrance! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

Glad that Ocwen is my mortgage company! Ocwen went the extra mile to assist me in a professional and compassion way that most large Company doesn't do in these present times we are in now. Thanks a bunch!!!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Maryann, We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback! We are glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen. We will also ensure your feedback is shared with your Relationship Manager.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

When I think of my Ocwen Relationship Manager and the Ocwen Team who worked with me, I am still overwhelmed with joy. They worked diligently with me to save my home from foreclosure. My loan was modified. Unfortunately for a lot of my friends across this country it's too late for them. They have lost their homes because their mortgage companies did not go over and beyond to work with them. They are back to renting. I am blessed & highly favor by The Lord! I can continue enjoying my home and working in my flower beds without stress & worry. Thank you Ocwen Modification Team.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Great feedback, Jack! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

Each time I have contacted Ocwen or they have contacted me it has been a very positive experience. The employees that I have spoken with are very courteous very knowledgeable and do everything they are taught to do to be helpful. I give Ocwen a very high rating and would recommend them to anyone. I feel blessed to have Ocwen as my mortgage holder.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Bob, We're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

Everything was explained, clearly as they should be, leaving nothing to chance. I certainly would have no problem recommending them to my friends and family. If I was ever to need a mortgage in the future. They exceed any other group I have worked with. I believe them to be honest and trustworthy.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Lillie, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

I am very happy with how Ocwen worked with me to reduce my monthly mortgage payment. I most certainly would recommend them to a friend. Outstanding service. They have worked with me on obtaining two Ref, which is saving me over $700 per month.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Linda, We're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback! Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

Absolutely excellent! Could not have been better! Staff extremely polite, professional, courteous, patient and caring! Perfection at its best! Everyone in the process made the procedure as easy as possible and was handled in a very timely manner!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Oscar! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Very happy with your Institution. I would recommend to anyone most definitely! Never had any issues with my payments or anything. In fact I would like to have you again when we buy a new home in New Mexico where we leave now. Again thank you so much for the very thing.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Great feedback, Wilfredo! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

My experience was a very pleasant one. Great customer service and fast outcome to our request. I am so happy I ask for their assistance to keep my property. My wife and I were satisfied with their professionalism and dedication in helping people in this difficult times. Thanks.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Nelda, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

Mortgage assistance program - I have recently been involved with a loan modification with Ocwen Mortgage Co. I am very favorably impressed with the level of compassion, professionalism, and accommodating assistance that I was afforded by their very excellent staff. They came up with a solution to my problem beyond my expectations and made it possible for me to retain ownership of my home. I am most grateful.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Lana! We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

I would tell everyone to go with OCWEN for their Mortgage needs. They have treated me really great for three years that I have been with them. They answer all your questions that you direct to them. And if they don't know the answer they direct you to the department that you need. Me and my Husband want to move to another state soon and hoping to keep them as are Mortgage holder if we can. Please call me with any other questions.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Arne, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

Our experience has been the absolute best. We have had no problems contacting personnel if a question arises! They continually work with us in the difficult times. They have been patient and explain things if need be. They also call back when they tell you they will!! Thank you Ocwen, you have restored our faith in lending institutions! You are appreciated.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Edward, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

As a property owner, I have had over 35 years of experience with mortgage companies, for both my principal residences, as well as investment properties. Rarely have I found a company with which I found it such a pleasure to do business. Ocwen is the rare such company that combines exceptional customer care and service, with professionalism, accuracy, and polite deference. It will be a pleasure to do business with Ocwen again in the near term.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you James! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback and are happy to hear we have provided you with an exceptional experience.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

I love the way the service people at Ocwen strives to provide great service. They always make sure that have answered all my questions before they let me off the phone with them. They all are definitely team players no matter what department you are talking to, if you haven't got the right department they will make sure that you get to the right department so they can answer any questions regarding the loan. I give them a 5-star rating because they are the best as far as home loans. I highly recommend them.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Sherry, We're delighted to read your feedback about the service provided by Ocwen. Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

OCWEN provides EXCEPTIONAL service to their customers. Their phone reps are pleasant, professional, helpful, knowledgeable, and focused on their customers always. They never fail to verify that your questions have been answered and treat even the most remote/minor questions as if you are their priority. They understand that your home is your most important investment and they value that as much as the customer. They have a successful business because they have happy customers, they understand that important balance. Their logo says it all, "Helping Homeowners Is What We Do!" They walk the talk!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you Maria! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

The loan officers were very willing to work with me. They even helped closing the deal through the American Embassy as I was out of the country. I signed the final forms and had them witnessed by a notary at the Embassy.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Congratulations on buying your first home! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences.

Original review: July 30, 2016

We were first-time home buyers so we didn't understand too much about how the process works and Homeward Residential has been able to break down everything for us. They explained how much is gonna be left and how much is going every year to the interest and the principal, and they kept track of everything. Their loan officers were very friendly and they've always been on time when sending the paper for the tax and the docs on how much interest we paid at the end of the year when I ask them. I have a direct withdrawal from my account and they send the confirmation that the bill was paid in full every month. Overall, they're very good and they know what they are doing.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Steve, for the recommendation! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I have a nephew who before the mortgage crisis was a mortgage Broker. I had never owned a home but I let him talk me into buying. I had an affordable mortgage that turned into a nightmare. I didn't think it was fair. Got my state AG involved. They introduced me to Litton Loan who in turn gave me to Ocwen and I haven't missed a payment or been late since. I do pay it towards the end of the month due to my disability check's arrival but since I've been with Ocwen I am stress free and I would recommend you to anyone.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Jean, thank you for sharing your feedback! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with us.

Original review: April 17, 2017

I am very happy with Ocwen for the way they have helped me over the past 5 years with modification with my loan. Now they are helping me to go thru another modification again. Helping people is what they do. This is my 2nd modification and Brett call me and walked me thru all the paperwork. If not for Ocwen I would of lost my home. I am a special needs bus driver and my hours are cut during summer. Thank you Ocwen.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Ronald! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen!

Original review: April 17, 2017

Ocwen seems to be the most efficient organization yet. We have owned 6 homes in our married life and Ocwen seems to be more thorough, efficient, and detailed than all the other mortgage firms we dealt with. Please continue this pattern because we are just beginning this process and more steps to go through.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Carter, thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: April 14, 2017

Refinance to a fixed rate. It did not take a lot of time to go through everything. Our preliminary applying info. was quick & organized partly because we did our homework - my wife and I. We'll finish up the paperwork on Monday the 17th, if all goes well, and no big closing costs surprises.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Devorah, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Ocwen! It is our goal to provide exceptional customer service, and we're glad to hear the representative you worked with was very professional and accommodating with your request. Thank you!

Original review: April 14, 2017

Ocwen transferred mortgage to Nationstar and we needed a detailed mortgage analysis since the transaction. The representative was very professional and accommodating. He was very helpful and reassuring that he would provide the time and assistance necessary to resolve the issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.?

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Bianca, we apologize for your experience. Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review in detail and contact you to discuss this further.

Original review: April 13, 2017

After Hurricane Matthew devastated my area in October 2016 I contacted Ocwen and was grateful to be told that I could enter an agreement and not pay my mortgage payment for three months, with the understanding that those three payments would be divided among the following months resulting in increased mortgage payments. Sometime later I received a notice from Ocwen about my account being past due. I called and was assured by the agent that my account was being reported in good standing. The next month, the information was on my credit report showing I was 60-90 days late. I called Ocwen and directed to write a statement about the incident and fax it to Ocwen, which I did. After they researched the information, I was elated when I spoke with the representative and she told me they sent a message to the credit reporting agencies to correct the information for November, December, January.

What they did not say, was that once I started to pay my the increased payments (February, March and beyond) that I would be reported late. These are reported late even though I have made the agreed payments on time per the agreement!!! I asked to have the phone call reviewed when the agent told me I was being recorded as current. After many times back and forth I was informed this past Friday that the representative listened to the call, and I only asked about the specific months that were on the letter I called about. DUHHH!!! If I am calling with concerns about my credit, did it not make sense to let me know all is well now, but won't be when you start to make payments. Today I received a letter from Ocwen stating they have not received my payments for March 1, 2017 through April 1, 2017. Both of these payments have been made, as a matter of fact they were both made a day early on February 28 and March 31, 2017.

I called Ocwen and the specialist assigned to me was not available so I spoke with another one. She was very kind and explained that in their records I was current and the letter was generated and sent to me by mistake. I went on to explain to her my dilemma about the credit reporting and she told me that under the disaster relief program that I was participating in I should not have any negative things were ported to the credit bureau until after the length of the agreement June or July 2017. I can't remember if I made all my payments on time. She told me to write a statement and I explained to her that I had already done that and didn't understand that if I had the agreement with the company and they had all the information why am I having to do anything. She sent in a dispute for the research department.

Up until this point I had been very happy with the service I received from Ocwen loan Servicing. The recording when you call states that they are here to help homeowners. Is it fair to allow homeowners to agree to participate in a deferred payment program, have the owner pay per the terms of the agreement and then report to the credit agencies that they are late. This whole situation has been extremely stressful and added insult to injury. Not only was my home damaged in the storm, now because of what I thought was going to help me these items that have been reported negatively have lowered my credit score over 100 points. I have had to take leave from work to talk extensively on the phone with your representatives. My hope is that Ocwen will rectify the situation and restore the faith of a good customer who makes payments on time with no more aggravation.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Quiral! We're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen!

Original review: April 12, 2017

Any time I had a question or request and I would come in contact with an Ocwen representative, I always received accurate information and the representative was always helpful and knowledgeable and resolved any issues quickly. I was always impressed with Ocwen. They're a 10 out of 10.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Katherine, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Ocwen! It is our goal to provide exceptional customer service, and we're glad to hear that you are happy with the service provided.

Original review: April 12, 2017

OCWEN handled my mortgage loan with accuracy and customer service was excellent. Never any hidden fees, easy online access, and never any issues. I appreciated the customer service and ease of online use for all necessary follow-ups and issues. Thank you!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Pauline, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Ocwen! We genuinely appreciate it, and we're glad to hear that you are happy with the service provided.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Ocwen always kept us updated on changes with escrow, we were never surprise when taxes or insurance caused our payments to increase. Ocwen offered bi-monthly payments which made it easier for us to manage and also helped bring the principal down. Any questions I had they were quick to answer. At the time of the home loan our credit scores were low but they were able to offer us the lowest interest rate among their competitors.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Richard, thank you for sharing your feedback and we are so glad to hear you are happy with your experience! We also appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer service. Thank you.

Original review: April 11, 2017

We are happy with the outcome. It was the first time we had applied for credit since the troubles of 2008, and so we were surprised by some of the documentary requirements. It would have been nice if we had started with a comprehensive preview of all the documentary requirements so that our expectations might have been set more realistically. Nevertheless, the officer and processor did fine work and we are happy. We accomplished our goals with their help.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Emeal, we apologize for your experience and are sorry to hear of this situation. If you have any outstanding questions that you like to discuss, please send a private message and our Ombudsman team can contact you.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Ocwen could not find a way to reestablish our loan modification or offer to assist with any other way to help us keep our home of 10 years. We were denied for all programs. We are now facing foreclosure.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Robert, thank you for sharing your Ocwen experience with others. We're here to help our customers and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: April 11, 2017

The customer service representatives at Ocwen Loan Servicing have helped us thru financial difficulties by assisting us in and thru the modification process. They were informative, cooperative and professional at all times. All of our terms and conditions were fully explained and accurate when the time came to sign the documents. As customers we are very satisfied. Thank you for your time.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Berner, It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience.

Original review: April 11, 2017

The customer service representatives always provide accurate information. I have never had to call back for repeated info. It's always been a one-call resolution for me. The reps have always been courteous. I am certainly glad that Ocwen pride themselves on superior customer service. Thank you Ocwen.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Maurice, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen. We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to improve our customer experience. If there is anything outstanding that you need assistance with, please let us know with a private message and we can contact you. Thanks again.

Original review: April 11, 2017

No issues with mortgage process. It was irritating when the company representatives would call with a slight attitude if your mortgage payment did not arrive by the 15th of the month. More than one occasion, the individual was more interested in almost demanding payment on the spot rather than waiting 2-3 days for the next pay day. This is the primary reason we chose not to refinance our home with Ocwen.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Rachelle, thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Smooth transaction for paying off loan after selling my condo. Received email confirmation quickly after my last payment was received telling me that I had a 0 balance. Great experience and would highly recommend working with OCWEN in the future.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Joseph, thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you took to share your experience with Ocwen and we are glad to hear our website was easy to navigate and provided you the information needed.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Ocwen bought my loan from another bank. I noticed the difference in their website. It was easier to navigate and pay my bill. All the info that I needed was easy to find. It seemed like their goal was to help you pay off your debt.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thomas, thank you for your feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: April 11, 2017

We received a mortgage modification from Ocwen in 2013. I lost my job of 17 years, at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel during downsizing. It was a very trying time in our life. We had fallen behind on our monthly mortgage payment and the people at Ocwen helped us save our home.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Leilani, we apologize for your experience. Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review in detail and contact you to discuss this further.

Original review: April 10, 2017

Unfortunately we have had OCWEN for 11 years with our home loan, recently I have noticed issues. Send out payments ahead of schedule and funds would not be posted to account for a month. Call the company and complain and get nowhere. I have sent now certified mail, overnight mail with tracking and still funds are not posted in a TIMELY manner and Ocwen calls and tell you, "Your payment has NOT been received," and you tell them it was signed for on a certain date and they say, "Well um we haven't received it." BS. This is UNEXCEPTIONABLE behavior from a bank that claims they are for their homeowners. I am beyond angry at OCWEN.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Joan, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Ocwen! We genuinely appreciate it, and we're glad to hear that you are happy with the service provided.

Original review: April 8, 2017

Representative was informative with the question I had regarding my flood insurance and even gone the extra mile for another representative with additional information to make sure I was satisfied. And dealt with in a professional manner.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

James, we take all feedback seriously, and we apologize for your experience. If there is anything outstanding that you need assistance with, please send a private message with the details and we will contact you.

Original review: April 8, 2017

My experience with your staff was less than ideal. The biggest problem was language. The person I spoke with named Hernando ** was speaking broken English, most of which was unintelligible. I needed to ask him numerous times to repeat himself. He would give me a time to call me back. I would make arrangements to be here at the stipulated time, but he would call when I was out. It's probable I wasn't the only one to have a similar experience. Consequently I am exploring other options. Until this unacceptable situation improves, you will be missing out on much business.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Pauline, thank you for your feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: April 7, 2017

I am presently completing the packet for submission for loan modification. Every phone call with Ocwen has been positive and helpful. All the representatives have been understanding and accurate in tracking my information.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Ellyn, for this review! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are happy with the service provided.

Original review: April 6, 2017

2016 interest summary paid to get doc to my tax preparer - Very quick response by the OCWEN Customer care rep. Received summary via email in minutes and delivered it to my Tax expert right away. Very responsive and courteous care.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Reza. We are here to help our customers and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Ocwen bank helped for my loan modification. The process went through very smoothly without unnecessary communications and confusions. My relationship manager was very professional and helpful. I highly recommend this bank to all my friends and family members.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Susan, we take customer feedback very seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review in detail and contact you to discuss this further.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Ocwen customer service is NO HELP. What's worse, all of their reps are outsourced to another country. I have yet to speak to anyone who doesn't have a very thick, foreign accent. My house is located on the county line, in Madison County, NC. My mailing address is a Buncombe County mailing address. When I paid off my loan in 2014, Ocwen recorded the cancellation of my deed in the wrong county. I am selling my property and the buyers cannot get title insurance because of this error. No title insurance = no sale. I have been calling Ocwen for nearly a month with NO help. Just empty promises. This company is a joke.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Original review: April 6, 2017

As a mortgage holder I find it disturbing that all correspondences from you let me know that "you are a debt collector" and that all information can be used in collecting my debt. I have a mortgage and I pay my bills. I also appreciate the reminders to have enough money in my account to pay my mortgage.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you for your feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we genuinely appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience.

Original review: April 6, 2017

We've had financial setbacks in the past such as loss of employment, health issues, etc. Through it all, Ocwen has stepped up to help us make our struggles more tolerable. Their consultants have been very helpful and understanding. I would surely recommend them to those who are in need of their services.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Yvonne, we appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen.

Original review: April 6, 2017

I am very satisfied with the company, they were very helpful in every way to make sure that I get the help that I needed, and gave me a callback to any concerns that I may have. Right now in the process of another remodification and am looking forward to hearing good news from them.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Robin, thank you for your feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: April 6, 2017

I am very happy and blessed to have Ocwen has my mortgage Company. I have had lots of ups and down being self employed. They were there to assist me and for that I am grateful.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Peter, we're delighted to read your feedback about the service provided by Ocwen. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience!

Original review: April 6, 2017

A tremendous teamwork through Ocwen customers service. They're great supporters/outstanding customer service 1010% helpful. One of the greatest program to help & work with the home owner's family/friends keep their homes. Ocwen is the King of American land.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Carmen, thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: April 6, 2017

I am very grateful to have been part of OCWEN customers. They were there when I need the help! I would highly recommend them. Always ready to help in trouble time or just as simple as making regular mortgage payment. They were very informative and sensitive to our needs. Thank you to all of OCWEN staff.

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. Company Profile

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.
1988