Call toll free
4.04/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Call toll free

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ocwen Financial Corporation (Ocwen) is one of the leading mortgage servicing companies in America. We provide caring customer service and innovative mortgage solutions that help customers save money, build equity, and most importantly stay in their homes. Through our lending affiliate, Homeward Residential, Inc. (Homeward), we help customers refinance or buy their next home with HARP, Fannie Mae, and FHA mortgage options.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

2499 Ocwen Financial Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Communication and understanding is very important to customers. When you have people in a company that could communicate and explain to their customers when asked a question and the customer understands it, that is a successful company. I would definitely recommend Ocwen to my closest friends and relatives.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I recently called Ocwen Customer Service (for the first time in years) to ask a few questions about my account billing. The billing system and payment dates were explained along with overpayments and how they are handled. Everything was clear and easy to understand all in one call. Thank you!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Troy, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Ocwen! We genuinely appreciate it, and we're glad to hear that you are happy with the service provided.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I honestly believe that you should not change anything. In my experience thru the years your way to treat me couldn't be better. Thanks always. I have recommended Ocwen to many friends because every time that I have made a question I have receive a logical answer. Very nice people.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Matilde! We are delighted to read your feedback and we thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Ocwen has stepped up their customer service. Many of the agents have been spot on in helping me solve any problems. I have been reminded of my outstanding performance in paying my mortgage. One agent said I have a HAMP modification under the former president's administration.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Donna! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we appreciate the time you spent to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I liked that the agent was able to look at my account and give viable solutions. The agent was sympathetic to my situation dealing with the hurricanes that swept my location and wished me well making me feel like he genuinely cared about my well being and he seemed concerned about the status of my home and also my credit.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, June, for your positive feedback! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're glad you shared your positive experience. We will also make sure your feedback is shared with the Customer Care agent you spoke to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I had a great experience with Ocwen who serviced my loan. I liked their website and ease of use for making payment and checking the statement information. I recently paid off the balance of my mortgage and it was an easy process.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Mark! We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

The Ocwen mortgage company and the personnel who work there are absolutely the best at customer relations. I recommend anyone buying a home to use Ocwen first. I am forever grateful for and To Ocwen for what they have done for me and my family. Choose Ocwen first. You will never regret it!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Richard, we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we appreciate the time you spent to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

As a former customer of Ocwen Financial, I was pleased. All my payments were applied correctly, they sent payments to my escrow accounts in a timely manner and I was consistently informed of all changes to my account. Good customer service.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Melissa! We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC has handle my home loan for over 10 years. I have been very pleased with their professional service, they have never made a mistake on my account. The Company's communication is great.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Mary! We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I never had any issues with OCWEN. I had my mortgage loan with them. I never had to call for any problems. I called before I sold my house and they were very efficient in getting the information I needed. They also sent me a refund check within a few weeks of closing on the home.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Maritza, for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen! We're glad to hear we were able to assist with making the closing on your home as efficient as possible and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I was informed that I need to write to you concerning my recent involvement with your company in order to file a formal complaint. I am writing to inform you of the unsatisfactory customer service I received dealing with several of your employees, including Mohammed Employee # ** (I did not document all the other people I talked to). It all started with an email I received on May 26th from the Ocwen Financial Corporation that also featured Homeward Residential. It clearly stated some very confidential information including my Loan #, the value of our home and the available equity in our home that was to be used for a home equity loan. It then asked to click on a link to set up a time for a Homeward representative to call me which I did. No one ever called.

Several days later I filled out the link for a representative to call again and still no one called. So I then called the 800 # listed and waited over 40 minutes on hold. Then the person from Homeward who answered said he could not help me without Ocwen's permission. So I had him transfer me to Ocwen which is when I spoke to Mohammed. After a lot of back and forth with Mohammed he then transferred me back to Homeward and I talked to the same person from before who told me he could not help me without Ocwen's permission.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Peter, we sincerely apologize for your experience. Ocwen takes all feedback very seriously, and we appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer service. We are forwarding this information on to our Ombudsman team to review and determine what happened. If there is anything further you need assistance with, please send a private message with the information and someone from our Ombudsman team will contact you.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Easy to work with; easy to read statements; very courteous customer service agents. The last agent I dealt with to pay off my loan was very helpful and knowledgeable about what documents I needed. I had received them via email while on phone.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Jennifer, thank you for your positive review regarding your experience with Ocwen, and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

During my recent experience with Ocwen, I was extremely pleased with their response, concern, empathy, and service. I appreciated their concern for my time and circumstances. Their attention to detail was commendable.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Richard. We are here to help our customers and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I have had my mortgage with Ocwen Financial Corp. since 2003. Along the way, here and there, I had fallen into hard times, where timely payments became impossible. Ocwen, despite many late payments on my part, as well as long gaps between payments, worked with me in a courteous, professional manner. Helping to solve my overall situation, I now pay my real estate taxes and property insurance monthly via escrow to Ocwen when I make my mortgage payments.

This, after Ocwen, for a second time, offered to re-work my loan at an even lower interest rate, which included all back payments in said loan, which has allowed me to get back on my feet, financially, now able to make all monthly payments to Ocwen before the due date. At a time when Ocwen had every reason and right to foreclose, they instead made it possible for me to remain in my home. I would absolutely recommend Ocwen Financial Corp. to anyone interested in the services they provide.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Joseph, for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen! We're glad we were able to assist you and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Excellent customer service and support with the representative, in good, and also uncomfortable, situations where it matters the most. It's always good to have someone that really understands and listens then help with all they can, is hard to find these days! Awesome job!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Ortilla! We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I went through some difficult financial times. Ocwen was there for me the entire time, and helped me with my loan, and answered all of my questions. Most people have probably never heard of Ocwen, but they should be the first name people go to for help with a loan! They are extremely professional, and they helped me keep my house. After all of the struggle, it was worth it because I have a nice home and I am working hard to make sure everything stays on track with my payments. I am extremely grateful to Ocwen and would recommend them to everyone!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Danny, thank you for taking the time to share your Ocwen experience with others and for the recommendation! We're so glad to hear that we were able to help you, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Having been a customer for over 15 years with our mortgage through Ocwen, we trusted them. We signed a balloon mortgage 15 years ago and was told when it came due we could just refinance with them. 15 years came this October, 2017 and we were told that they would not refinance our loan and we had to come up with balance, which was $98000, to keep our home. No modification or loan extension would be given.

We found a company that would refinance the loan. That company sent the payoff to Ocwen and was received on Sept. 1. Ocwen accepted the payoff and the balance of our loan was $0. 3 weeks later, Ocwen reported our loan to the credit bureau as being 30 days past due, even though the entire loan was paid off. When I called to talk to them, they would do nothing about it, and because of this negative reporting, my credit score went down almost 100 points.

I would never recommend Ocwen to anyone. They seem to be nothing but a loan shark and make it almost impossible to get ahead with your mortgage. I am very disappointed and angry that a company would take advantage of someone who has been a customer for so many years and has never been late on the mortgage payment during that time. They have no interest in helping out their customers even though that's what they advertise. They are only concerned that they get your money. Bad business practices Ocwen!!!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Kym, we sincerely apologize for your experience with Ocwen and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further. A member of our Ombudsman team will be reaching out to you. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I had read about 45 negative responses about the negative ways that Ocwen handles the claim checks. Right now so far I Can tell you that they have been great to my brother and I. Told them it was an emergency and out a paid overnight with it and going to have it in 4 days. We will see how it goes but so far they have been awesome. Not to mention how many times they have helped us. They just want you to communicate with them that's all. Try it.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

August, thank you for the positive review. Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Ocwen's customer service is the absolute worst ever! Every time I call, I get a foreign speaking customer service representative, even though I have requested a USA representative ONLY on my account. I called and requested a payoff affidavit which was to be overnighted to me the following day. The FedEx envelope arrived, EMPTY. I called Ocwen immediately and of course a foreign speaking woman answers as usual and after several attempts of trying to explain to her that the payoff affidavit form was missing she places me on a brief hold. She comes back on the line, only to let me know that the department I need to speak with is gone for the day, being that they close at 5:00 p.m. central standard time, which is the same time zone that I am located in as well and it is only 4:24 p.m. We went back and forth and I am pretty sure she called me by my formal name at least 30 times during this nearly one hour phone call.

I could not understand anything she was saying and she continued to use words like "uh" and "okay" and clearly didn't know her English. I was very irritated and explained that I wanted to speak with an English speaking representative in the states, but she continued to speak and repeat my formal name over and over. Finally near the end of our conversation, she says, "Oh, the payoff affidavit was missing from the envelope we sent you?" It was like bells went off and she finally understood me, but informed me that I would need to call back in the morning, as that department was closed for the day. I was livid, I will not lie about that and I let her know how angry I was that it took nearly an hour for her to understand what my original call was for. I ended the call and my husband called another number for Ocwen.

Once again, we were transferred around at least through four different representatives, each one, giving a name, a badge number, listens to my complaint and transfers me onto the next representative, only to repeat myself over and over, it's like a three ring circus. Finally a representative comes on the line and explains that I am in the wrong department and she will need to transfer me once again. After a lengthy phone call, a female who actually speaks English comes on the line and apologizes for Ocwen's error of not placing the payoff affidavit in the FedEx envelope and will have to resend the form the next morning, which means, I won't receive it now until Friday morning.

It's Wednesday now, we requested it on Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. So now we are four days into something as simple as a piece of paper that should have been sent from day one. I spent nearly two hours of phone calls to a foreign customer service company and got nowhere. What is the point, Ocwen is wasting their money by outsourcing to a foreign call center and frustrating a lot of their customers. I cannot wait to be done with this mortgage company!!! What a nightmare!!! All I want to do is pay my mortgage off and BE DONE with Ocwen for good and they can't even get that done without me jumping through hoops for them!!! P.S. I only gave them one star, because no stars wasn't an option.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Kelli, Ocwen takes all feedback very seriously, and we sincerely apologize for your frustration. We appreciate the chance to resolve any issues that our customer may have and improve our service. If there is anything further you need assistance with, please send a private message with the information and someone in our Ombudsman team will contact you.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

My home loan from USAA was transferred to Ocwen. We had zero issues over the years. When we sold our home, Ocwen provided a seamless process. The paperwork and escrow refund check was delivered promptly after we closed on the house sale. I would definitely want to use Ocwen for a future loan.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Janet! We're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

After hurricane Irma, I had to miss work for 7 days to stay with my disabled husband until power was restored. The rep at Ocwen provided a 90 day forbearance to allow us to focus on rebuilding after the storm. THANK YOU!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Diana, thank you for the positive feedback! We're sorry to hear you were affected by Hurricane Irma. Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're glad we were able to assist you with a forbearance plan during this time.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

When I was having financial troubles they worked with me to ensure that I didn't lose my home. I really appreciate them understanding the downfall of me losing my job and they made a way for me to catch up, and now I'm back on track with everything and not stressing out about losing my home. Thank you so much!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Ray, for sharing your experience! We are here to help our customers and we're glad to hear you have everything back on track now.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

My husband had not been working in while and I was behind on paying my mortgage and the modification was a great options. They made it so easy. They answered all my questions and help me understand with ease.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Wanda, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We're happy to hear we were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

My last conversation was the first time I was able to understand the person I was talking to and got my question answered and she was professional. All other previous conversations I can't understand the person communicating with me. Will ask to speak to someone else same thing. It is very frustrating!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

We sincerely apologize for the frustration you experienced. We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to improve our customer service. If there is anything outstanding that you need assistance with, please private message us with the details. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

The Professionalism they show, ideas they bring for you to still live in your house while you are working to get back and take care of your responsibility, that is very important to me. Will share this with my friends. Thanks.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Amaechi, it is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

When you pay off loan you can't get title. I have called several times and get put on hold for 30 minutes or more to be told a story and no results. Each person I speak with is different. My trailer been paid off since February 2017 and still waiting on title. They keep telling me they sent paperwork to county and waiting on their response. First time was in March 15 2017 as second time September 5 2017. It has been sent to escalation manager and still nothing. I called county and they have not received paperwork to release title. Loan was originally through IndyMac and was transferred to Ocwen. DMV and county still show lien in IndyMac name. Transfer was never sent to them.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Michele, we apologize for your experience and appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Ocwen has been charging me late fees for some months. My mortgage payment was paid after the 15th only once since my loan modification which was in August 2017. I have made all of my payments on the last day of the month and I have never missed a payment. I was told my payment for the last day of the month is for the prior month. They are telling me I have to fax in an inquiry to open an investigation of my payment history. I called once before and was told my payment was made after the statement date. Has anyone else had this problem with Ocwen?

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Robin, we take customer feedback very seriously and we thank you for providing us with an opportunity to address your concerns. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review and contact you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I am extremely satisfied with how Ocwen representatives have been working with me over the past six plus months to ensure I keep my home since my medical condition has changed. I have been treated with genuine concern, respect, and professionalism. My Relationship Manager is excellent to work with, he is a real asset to this company. No need for improvement.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Cynthia, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we're delighted to read your feedback about the great service provided by your Relationship Manager! We will ensure your feedback is shared with him.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Discussed the disaster forbearance agreement. Employee was very professional and was helpful in explaining the terms and conditions. He also stated that the agreement would be sent to my email address, which I rec. promptly.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Burl, we're sorry to hear you were negatively impacted by the hurricane, and we appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback. Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are happy with the service provided.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I couldn't make my monthly payment, so l call and explain why, so, they explain to me what l need to do to catch up. The answer they gave me was satisfied to me. So they work with me to get it caught up.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Joeann, for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen. We are here to help our customers and we do appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. Company Information

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.
    1988