toll free
Call now for more information

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.

West Palm Beach, FL
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Carl, thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen. We are delighted to read your feedback and are so glad to hear our agents were able to assist you in achieving positive results. We aim to provide the best service for our customers!

Original review: July 1, 2017

I was happy to hear that I had so many options. Ocwen has the best customer service because they quickly and accurately understand where YOU the customer are with just a few mortgage related questions. I followed their advice and with all positive results. Will continue to be a proud Ocwen customer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had the pleasure to speak with a gentleman name: Cary-#**, he was wonderful, very pleasant and helpful! My highest compliments to OCWEN for having such a caring and wonderful employee such as Cary, he truly made my experience with OCWEN a memorable one! Please, extend my thanks to Cary again, for a job well done, and thank YOU OCWEN!!!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Kristi, Ocwen takes all feedback very seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your information has been sent to our Ombudsman team to review your account and they will contact you to discuss further.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Our bill was ALWAYS due on the 1st of each month. Even though I always paid it w/in the grace period, Ocwen would call and pester me about the payment. So, I worked REALLY hard to get to where I could pay the bill paid ahead of time to avoid the calls. Then, suddenly, w/o warning, Ocwen changed the due date to the middle of the month. Once again I worked to get the bill paid 2 weeks BEFORE its due date and now, once again the due date is changed to the 1st of the month.

My payment was due 8/16, I sent a check on 8/4 which Ocwen got on 8/8. NOW I have a bill that says it's due on 9/1! 2 weeks between due dates??? I called customer service and was told in about 10 days they will email me about my inquiry/complaint! WHY IS THIS COMPANY PUNISHING ME FOR PAYING MY PAYMENT EARLY??? On top of their predatory loan interest rates, it apparently takes them over a week to provide customer service. WHY??? I have yet to have one positive experience when dealing w/ this company.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Angel! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with us.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Ocwen has always been helpful to me. They listen to my problem and they always find a solution to help me and for me to be able to keep my home. Am very grateful to Ocwen customer service and managers. Thanks.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Candace, thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Everything was fine. He showed concern about my account and let me know that if I needed any help to make sure I contact Ocwen or him directly for any services needed. I appreciate his time on contacting me and letting me know of his compassion and abilities to help me.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Jeffrey, for your positive review! We're here to help our customers and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Call to customer service - Answered quickly, handled my issue very quickly. They were very professional and efficient. They made sure my needs came first. I can't say that about very many Financial institutions! Well done!!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Sheri! We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience and we value your positive feedback and recommendation!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Ocwen has been a great lender and has enabled my son and I to stay in our home. I could not be more grateful for this company and their kindness and compassion. I will recommend Ocwen to all my friends and clients. I anticipate winning a big contingency case in 2018 and Ocwen will be the first lender I go to when I purchase more real estate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.?

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Renee, thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I recommend Ocwen Mortgage because when I needed to lower my interest, they worked with me and lowered my interest rate which made it more affordable for me to keep up with my payments. Thank you Ocwen Mortgage!!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Virginia, for your review and recommendation! We are here to help our customers and we appreciate the time you spent to share your positive feedback.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Ocwen's Customer Service is the Best I have yet seen! The Relationship Managers are very knowledgeable regarding services provided at Ocwen. I would recommend this company to my family and friends. I can call or email them anytime with questions and I get an answer which is very helpful.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Terry, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously. We apologize for your experience and would like to discuss this further with you. A member of our Ombudsman team will be in contact with you. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Was given the runaround to only be told that we make over 6,000 a month based on some numbers you came up with. How? I don't know when my wife work on commission and I got a 22.5 percent pay cut. My wife had only made 700 in the last 2.5 months and before that she had only made 1200. You drag your feet instead of using email. You send things by mail asking for them slowing down the process and then give you the runaround which is your style putting people behind making it that much harder for them to make payment so you are hoping they default. You have had a history of this and you are still doing. You are as very bad debt collector. You say you want to help but you don't and you take way too long to do stuff when you can do 98 percent of it online instead of mailing. You are the worst customer service.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Donna, for your feedback! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I have had the opportunity to work with Joshua ** and a series of people at Ocwen in modifying my loan and general assistance. They make you feel like they really care on most every call and they provide clear, concise and accurate help.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Jose, for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen! We're glad we were able to assist you through the loan modification process, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I really appreciate the help and information received from the Ocwen staff and my account manager during the process of Loan Modification. I count with good people who took care of my situation. Thank you so much for your kindness and professionalism.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Alina, we'd like to extend our condolences on the loss of your husband, and we sincerely apologize for the issues you've experienced during this time. We show the Family Transfer Package was sent on 8/09/17. If you have not received it or if you still need assistance, please private message us with the details. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

My husband passed away and I send Ocwen a letter and a copy of his death certificate, I have continued to make my payments on time and I am on the property deed, taxes and insurance of the property, and I also signed the modification package with my husband 2013 but I'm not on the original note so Ocwen told me I was going to get a family transfer package via mail and email so that I can be added to original note and everything transfer to me BUT I did not receive no package, so now I call today to ask where is my package and they say that I'm no longer authorize on the account. Really? I have been talking to Ocwen representatives all this time and now no one wants to help, now they said I need a court letter for authorization.

My husband died with no will and again it's my property too so why not help me like you said you would, I'm a widow with 2 kids. I just want to be left on the property alone with the loan the same like Ocwen said I can do. I have been making the payment and will continue to make the payments. Why did they lie to me?! I will be contacting my attorney to have this situation taken care of. LYING TO HOMEOWNERS is illegal and my conversations are recorded and I have reps names and id # written. Do not believe what Ocwen tells you.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Martha, thank you for your feedback and recommendation! We are here to help our customers, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you. We will also ensure your feedback is shared with Brett.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

My Relationship Manager, Brett is always so pleasant and helpful! I have had several opportunities to work with Ocwen in times of financial distress and they have helped with many loan modification offers! I would definitely recommend them to my friends and family who are looking for a valuable Mortgage loan company.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Ricki, thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Our conventional mortgage was bought out or transfer to Ocwen years ago. Until the time we refinanced we've never had an issue with them. I'm not affiliated with Ocwen. I'm reviewing this today because I think all good companies need a good review. I depend on reviews myself.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Salvador, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and we are glad to hear the information was easy to find and convenient. A letter was mailed on August 10th acknowledging receipt of your application and documents.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

The Home Modifications packet was very useful to me by getting it online, so I could be able to read and analyze the files faster to be able to save my home in time. All my information was the basics information that was very easy to find and convenient for me. All the forms were based on facts and I took my time to carefully read them and fill them out. I checked all the information and numbers to make sure they correct and made sure to sign and verify what I signed by reading the forms. I also made sure to include the forms needed for the documents to be processed and qualify for this home modification. I also made sure to include other information that may come in need for this process which was required as the forms say.

I was very satisfied with this problem and did not receive any complications with filling out the forms or receiving them. The only problem was that the forms were pretty long because of the twenty pages but it was just making sure most of the information was correct and for signatures where needed. I also made sure to read the forms carefully such as in section 13 so I would not sign the wrong thing of information that is not required of me if not in need or if I do not have it. I also acknowledge the agreement and appreciate the consideration. Hopefully you and your associates find this information useful and you receive my forms and papers by fax.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Kelly, we apologize for your experience and appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

We had Ocwen for our mortgage company, we applied & got approved for a loan modification. We were told that it basically was like a 2nd loan on our house to make us current which it did. We were told that if we would ever sell the home not only will the first lien/loan be paid but the 2nd lien/loan would be paid as well with the home sell... Well this did not happen. I have now been turned over to the U.S. Department of Treasury because I am unable to pay for what Ocwen said would be released upon paying off my loan. I have a letter stating this fact from the title company that requested the payoff amount for both loans and it still does not show paid so they are still coming after me. I contacted Ocwen and was told it is no longer their concern because they received their money. I have already reported them to the BBB. My next step is to obtain a lawyer and sue.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Ali! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Not only she knew what she was talking about; she was very patient to explain everything sometimes 2 or 3 times without becoming jumpy or treat us like bunch of idiots. Very nice, very cool, very friendly. When I thanked her for being so patient, she said that it is her job to make sure the clients are satisfied with answer to their question. What a beautiful gesture.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

German, we apologize for the issue you experienced in making your electronic payment. We take customer feedback seriously and thank you for providing us with an opportunity to address your concerns. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review this and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I called today to make an electronic payment for one month and I was not able to do it, the system provide the accumulate payment (two) and I specific requested for a single payment today of $1291.90.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Theresa, thank you for taking the time to share your Ocwen experience with others. We're so glad to hear that we were able to help you with the refinancing of your mortgage, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

We recently refinanced our mortgage and was pleasantly surprised by how simple and easy of a process it was. A lot of that was due to their knowledgeable point of contact who helped us through the process and was in constant communication with us. We would definitely refinance with them again.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Brittany, Ocwen takes all feedback very seriously, and we sincerely apologize for your frustration. We are forwarding this information on to our Ombudsman team to review your account and the fees assessed. If there is anything you need assistance with, please send a private message with the information and someone in our Ombudsman team will contact you.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

We have unfortunately been with Ocwen since GMAC closed. They've never been willing to work with us, but have no problems sending us threatening letters or harass us in phone calls. In 2009, I had life threatening complications after delivering my 2nd child. We experienced a lot of extra expenses, loss of income etc, I was unable to return to work after 3 months. I tried contacting them and they wouldn't work with us, didn't offer us any help, besides barely being able to understand them since their call center is in another country.

We ended up getting a few payments behind, however we got our payments caught up. Fast forward to Nov 2015, I found out I was being changed from 40 hrs a week to 26 hrs a week. The following Monday, I contacted them as I originally was supposed to change to part time 32 hrs a wk Jan 2016. They again refused to work with us, so even though we made our payment each month it was due, yes, right after the grace period they marked us late for 5 payments. They charged us so many "other" fees & late fees that it was over $3400. I called wanting to know exactly what these fees were and they couldn't tell me and refused to remove any.

Fast forward to 3/2017, I was placed on a medication that inadvertently caused cardiac issues, I was placed on bed rest and had no vacation to cover this the 1.5 wks. I called them and was up front as to what was going on, I asked if they could work with me. All they said was, "Your payment is due. We'll be marking you late by the 16th and we cannot stop calls until you have paid us." So up to 8 phone calls a day from them. 2 months later, call them again and let them know we were taking a draw from our 403b to get the current month and "other" fees paid, and that the soonest we could do this was the 20th and would they waive the late fee since we were paying it all, over $3800 to be exact.

They told me, "No, if you don't pay it all by the 15th it will be late." So I just need to pay it on the 15th. Even though our draw wouldn't arrive until the 20th. Not only did they charge us a late fee, paying June's payment online, and specifically typing in the fields for late fees and other fees of how much we were paying it was a relief. Only to find out a week later they took 50% of our other fees and applied it to the next month's mortgage, which we didn't ok. So now we owe 1168 in other fees still!! We also received a receipt almost 2 wks after paying that they received our payment!! They then kept our acct delinquent until this week 8/17 even though we're in good standing. Horrible company, we are hoping to sell next July and I hope to God we never get them again. They don't deserve any stars.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Christie, we appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback about our CSRs.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Scored CSR experience at 10. All CSRS are extremely kind, patient and helpful. I appreciate the assistance I've received in this vital situation that can have such a dire outcome. Ocwen can save homes and change lives.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, David, for the great feedback and recommendation. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Just a brief message regarding our experience with OCWEN. Several years ago our mortgage balance and rate were very high. Affordable for our budget. We approached Ocwen for modification and after their precise guidance and easy application, our mortgage was adjusted and now affordable. The customer service was so great. Every step was done with ease. We are so grateful for the New CEO and his leadership and team for making this possible for us and so many more!! I would recommend this organization without hesitancy!! They have restructured and a huge success! Thank you.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Ivor, we appreciate the opportunity to work with you as well. Thank you very much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Counselors are always very helpful and provides alternatives. We enjoy our home and would prefer to stay in it, however life's circumstances are not always the same. We appreciate working with Ocwen.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Roger, and we appreciate the time you spent to share your experience with us! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I realize that OCWEN's business practices have been questioned by many regulatory agencies. I can only address my own experience with OCWEN, which has been impeccable. Prompt and thorough processing and communication, with no hidden, unexplained charges. The interest rate on my ARM has risen less than .5 percent in 10 years. I work in a customer service position where mortgage documents are often presented. When I see OCWEN documents, I often ask about my customers experience. I have met many satisfied customers. Apparently, there were issues of some sort somewhere in the organization, but OCWEN is doing something right.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Daniel, thank you for your positive review regarding your experience with Ocwen. We appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us, and we also appreciate your feedback for improvement.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

The agent took care of problem quickly, professionally and with extreme courtesy. It was truly a wonderful experience. Suggestion... invent a process where - when you call in you can state your need then be directed as necessary without going through the annoying computer stuff and menu. Absolute pleasure dealing with you folks.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Hazel, thank you for your recommendation! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

My experience with Ocwen was that I was treated with respect, and understanding for what problems that I am going through. And letting me choose the best way to solve my problems. I would definitely recommend them to anybody.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Anise, for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen. We are here to help our customers and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you. We will be sure to share your feedback with the agent who assisted you.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Well Ocwen service person treated me like a valuable person! I am behind on my house note. We are senior citizen. He spoke with respect and kindness but took care of business. Usually I don't answer the phone but I am glad I did. We own our own business for many years -- he would be the kind of representative I would hire to represent us!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Christine, for this review! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are happy with the service provided.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I needed to call regarding an insurance issue and the payment of the bill since it comes out of my escrow account. Both representatives I spoke with were very polite and helpful! Thank you for providing great customer service.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you for your feedback, John! Ocwen is here to help our customers and we are pleased Velia was able to relieve some of your stress. We will ensure your feedback is shared with her.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Although I have had some serious delinquency with Ocwen its relationship management group, especially Velia **, have treated me with a great deal of respect. It's very trying, at the age of 76, to be behind on my first mortgage payments, as well as other debts, so when I'm dealing with someone like Ms. ** and she displays empathy for my plight things become less stressful. I thank her and her associates for being sensitive to my situation. Bottom line, I would highly recommend Ocwen to a friend.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Kouhyar! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen!

Original review: July 25, 2017

I had a positive experience throughout the lifetime of my second mortgage with Ocwen Loan Services. My loan was sold to them by another lender. Ocwen customer service staff were very helpful and courteous when answering my questions. They also were very responsive if I requested assistance regarding any matter. I highly recommend this lender.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

This is great feedback, Norma! We are here to help our customers, and we genuinely appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I have been with Ocwen for many years. They have worked with me and have been ready and willing to provide favorable solutions to any concerns that I may have. They have given me favorable rating even when they have been adjustable. Customer service experiences have been smooth and supportive. I am a satisfied customer!

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. Company Profile

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.
1988