Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.

West Palm Beach, FL

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Great feedback, Carolyn! We are here to help our customers, and we genuinely appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

Everyone from OCWEN made me feel comfortable and supported through the entirety of my process. It was a very difficult time for me, financially and emotionally, and their determination to help me made me feel very safe and comforted. I truly had the feeling that OCWEN's entire goal was to help me (or any customer!) be successful with whatever service they could help with. They helped me refinance my mortgage when I had significantly fallen behind on my payments due to a long period of hardship and I was terrified that I would lose my house. Not only have I remained in my house but they helped me attain an affordable new mortgage. I truly appreciate everything OCWEN did for me.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Kelly, Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that we have exceeded your expectations and appreciate your positive feedback. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and are here to help our customers.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Ocwen loan service has exceeded all my expectation. We have had issues with our loan during the term, and they have been there as if they were family. They look for ways to help you survive your issues and are clear from start. That's what they want to do. I would and will always use them, refer them, and would speak out on their behalf. That's how good the service has been. Thanks for all you do, keep it up.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Great feedback, Terrance! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

Glad that Ocwen is my mortgage company! Ocwen went the extra mile to assist me in a professional and compassion way that most large Company doesn't do in these present times we are in now. Thanks a bunch!!!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Maryann, We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback! We are glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen. We will also ensure your feedback is shared with your Relationship Manager.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

When I think of my Ocwen Relationship Manager and the Ocwen Team who worked with me, I am still overwhelmed with joy. They worked diligently with me to save my home from foreclosure. My loan was modified. Unfortunately for a lot of my friends across this country it's too late for them. They have lost their homes because their mortgage companies did not go over and beyond to work with them. They are back to renting. I am blessed & highly favor by The Lord! I can continue enjoying my home and working in my flower beds without stress & worry. Thank you Ocwen Modification Team.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Great feedback, Jack! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

Each time I have contacted Ocwen or they have contacted me it has been a very positive experience. The employees that I have spoken with are very courteous very knowledgeable and do everything they are taught to do to be helpful. I give Ocwen a very high rating and would recommend them to anyone. I feel blessed to have Ocwen as my mortgage holder.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.?

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Bob, We're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

Everything was explained, clearly as they should be, leaving nothing to chance. I certainly would have no problem recommending them to my friends and family. If I was ever to need a mortgage in the future. They exceed any other group I have worked with. I believe them to be honest and trustworthy.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Lillie, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

I am very happy with how Ocwen worked with me to reduce my monthly mortgage payment. I most certainly would recommend them to a friend. Outstanding service. They have worked with me on obtaining two Ref, which is saving me over $700 per month.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Linda, We're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback! Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

Absolutely excellent! Could not have been better! Staff extremely polite, professional, courteous, patient and caring! Perfection at its best! Everyone in the process made the procedure as easy as possible and was handled in a very timely manner!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Oscar! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Very happy with your Institution. I would recommend to anyone most definitely! Never had any issues with my payments or anything. In fact I would like to have you again when we buy a new home in New Mexico where we leave now. Again thank you so much for the very thing.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Great feedback, Wilfredo! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

My experience was a very pleasant one. Great customer service and fast outcome to our request. I am so happy I ask for their assistance to keep my property. My wife and I were satisfied with their professionalism and dedication in helping people in this difficult times. Thanks.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Nelda, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

Mortgage assistance program - I have recently been involved with a loan modification with Ocwen Mortgage Co. I am very favorably impressed with the level of compassion, professionalism, and accommodating assistance that I was afforded by their very excellent staff. They came up with a solution to my problem beyond my expectations and made it possible for me to retain ownership of my home. I am most grateful.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Lana! We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

I would tell everyone to go with OCWEN for their Mortgage needs. They have treated me really great for three years that I have been with them. They answer all your questions that you direct to them. And if they don't know the answer they direct you to the department that you need. Me and my Husband want to move to another state soon and hoping to keep them as are Mortgage holder if we can. Please call me with any other questions.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Arne, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

Our experience has been the absolute best. We have had no problems contacting personnel if a question arises! They continually work with us in the difficult times. They have been patient and explain things if need be. They also call back when they tell you they will!! Thank you Ocwen, you have restored our faith in lending institutions! You are appreciated.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Edward, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

As a property owner, I have had over 35 years of experience with mortgage companies, for both my principal residences, as well as investment properties. Rarely have I found a company with which I found it such a pleasure to do business. Ocwen is the rare such company that combines exceptional customer care and service, with professionalism, accuracy, and polite deference. It will be a pleasure to do business with Ocwen again in the near term.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you James! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback and are happy to hear we have provided you with an exceptional experience.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

I love the way the service people at Ocwen strives to provide great service. They always make sure that have answered all my questions before they let me off the phone with them. They all are definitely team players no matter what department you are talking to, if you haven't got the right department they will make sure that you get to the right department so they can answer any questions regarding the loan. I give them a 5-star rating because they are the best as far as home loans. I highly recommend them.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you Charlie! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

My Name Is Charlie **. Myself and my wife, Janet **, wound up living in our home that was originally going to be an investment property right before the crash in 2008-09. We are homeowners. OCWEN worked with us in the following years following that and helped us design a modification that helped us reduce payments to keep affordable over the past few years but let us earn a reduction in Loan balance to allow us to either stay or resell at a fair value if we decide to downsize. We think they are one of the only services to work with people like that and recommend them to any homeowners.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Sherry, We're delighted to read your feedback about the service provided by Ocwen. Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

OCWEN provides EXCEPTIONAL service to their customers. Their phone reps are pleasant, professional, helpful, knowledgeable, and focused on their customers always. They never fail to verify that your questions have been answered and treat even the most remote/minor questions as if you are their priority. They understand that your home is your most important investment and they value that as much as the customer. They have a successful business because they have happy customers, they understand that important balance. Their logo says it all, "Helping Homeowners Is What We Do!" They walk the talk!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you Maria! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

The loan officers were very willing to work with me. They even helped closing the deal through the American Embassy as I was out of the country. I signed the final forms and had them witnessed by a notary at the Embassy.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Congratulations on buying your first home! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences.

Original review: July 30, 2016

We were first-time home buyers so we didn't understand too much about how the process works and Homeward Residential has been able to break down everything for us. They explained how much is gonna be left and how much is going every year to the interest and the principal, and they kept track of everything. Their loan officers were very friendly and they've always been on time when sending the paper for the tax and the docs on how much interest we paid at the end of the year when I ask them. I have a direct withdrawal from my account and they send the confirmation that the bill was paid in full every month. Overall, they're very good and they know what they are doing.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Penn, We value your feedback and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had with Ocwen. We appreciate the chance to resolve any issues that our customer may have and improve our service. If there is anything that you need additional assistance with, please send a private message with the details and we will contact you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

Ocwen's handling of my mortgage was uniformly bad. I cannot recall one time when the information given me was accurate in all respects. The phone tree hell the company puts you through to talk to an agent is generally not worth the effort or time. The company managed to "lose" $10,000 of mine for more than a month, and I had to catch the mistake and insist on a correction, else it likely would still be missing.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Calvin, for your positive feedback; however, we are sorry to hear of the issues with the authorization of your granddaughter. Our Ombudsman team is reviewing this now and will reach out to you to confirm it is set up as you requested.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

Experience is great. It's just there is always a problem when my granddaughter calls to handle my business. They say she is not listed and I authorized on my account for my business to be discussed with her. Her name is Alecia **. She handles my affairs.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Shawanna. We are here to help our customers and we appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I most recently fell on some challenging financial struggles. Elizabeth has been most supportive and helpful in obtaining the necessary modifications that I needed to help me get back on my feet.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Deborah, We take customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review in detail and contact you to discuss this further.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I cannot understand why you are having a problem with our title being clear with our names on it. We refinanced 2 times and then got a HARP mortgage with you. If you did not check that title when we got the HARP with you to see if it was clear then that was illegal on your part. Now you are delaying our deed in lieu because of a name on our title! That should have been found out when we got the HARP mortgage. So what are you going to do since you did not check at the time you gave us a HARP to see if the title was clear?

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Jay, thank you for providing feedback on your experience with us. If there is anything outstanding that you need assistance with, please private message us with the details.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

I questioned some of the changes in my escrow withholdings. The representative was knowledgeable but the process seems to be counter-productive. Ocwen is following the rules and that is all we can expect.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Janice, we appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

I lost my job in 2012 (Sandy) and once 1 month goes by with nonpayment off bills the others pile up quickly – me it was 6 months. When I found work (my phone got disconnected after the job offer call) the ascend to the surface began. There was what seemed no light. Ocwen worked with me. Yes I had the calls and the sleepless nights, get this paper and that but my counselor saw me through all the way! Ocwen cut my payment and interest rate in half. Made so that instead of having to use 2 paychecks (try saving that and eat!) 1 with a little leftover would cover my monthly payment. The peace of mind alone... This is my home!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Heidi, We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had with Ocwen. We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to improve our customer service. If there is anything outstanding that you need assistance with, please private message us with the details. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

Worst company ever! I cannot understand your customer service reps, which is very frustrating when dealing with something important such as a home loan. I will be refinancing with my credit union. Not to sound crude, but this company sucks big time!!!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

We apologize for your experience and appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

Although Ocwen is treading lightly since their grueling foreclosure practices, they continue to inflict distress to their customers. After being approved for a loan modification and successfully making all three trial payments, I've been recently told by Ocwen that my loan modification was denied. Granted, a month prior to completing the trial payments, I received a letter from Ocwen stating that the interest rate had changed thus reducing my loan payments by a few hundred dollars. This new payment amount differed from the payment amount listed on the modification agreement. Therefore, I didn't sign the loan modification agreement but contacted Ocwen to confirm the payment amount. The customer service rep instructed me to send a letter to their Research Dept. I complied and sent a letter October 2016 for explanation concerning the conflicting payment amounts.

Over 2 months have passed and I have not received a response from the Research Dept. Instead, I received a telephone call from Ocwen stating that my loan modification was declined. I didn't make my December 2016 payment because I was unsure as to which payment was correct. I was told if I didn't send in the payment amount noted on the unsigned modification agreement (which is $300 per month higher), my payment would be returned. I am currently locating an attorney to represent me on this matter.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Beatrice!. Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with us.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

It is a pleasure to have Ocwen as my Mortgage holder. Ocwen is concern about helping their customers in mortgage assistance as well as referring other services. Ocwen's Relationship Managers are assigned to assist customers' needs. Good.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Michael, Thank you very much for your positive review regarding your experience with Ocwen. Your feedback is valuable to us and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us. We also appreciate your feedback for improvement.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Have had a positive experience with Ocwen during my relationship with them. The only suggestion I have is that they could improve the method used to provide to the customer a payoff on a loan so that it might be expedited in a more efficient manner.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Great feedback, Ernest! We are here to help our customers, and we genuinely appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Ocwen worked with me all the way until we almost lost our home. They worked with our delinquent taxes & worked into our loan. We're grateful for those at Ocwen who helped us as I was going thru a different time my wife diagnosis with a liver problem & had a stroke. Thank you Ocwen for all your help.

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. Company Profile

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.
1988