West Palm Beach, FL

• 3 stars5%
  • 2 stars2%
  • 1 stars45%

www.ocwen.com

Ocwen Financial Corporation (Ocwen) is one of the leading mortgage servicing companies in America. We provide caring customer service and innovative mortgage solutions that help customers save money, build equity, and most importantly stay in their homes. Through our lending affiliate, Homeward Residential, Inc. (Homeward), we help customers refinance or buy their next home with HARP, Fannie Mae, and FHA mortgage options.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Edward, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

As a property owner, I have had over 35 years of experience with mortgage companies, for both my principal residences, as well as investment properties. Rarely have I found a company with which I found it such a pleasure to do business. Ocwen is the rare such company that combines exceptional customer care and service, with professionalism, accuracy, and polite deference. It will be a pleasure to do business with Ocwen again in the near term.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you James! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback and are happy to hear we have provided you with an exceptional experience.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

I love the way the service people at Ocwen strives to provide great service. They always make sure that have answered all my questions before they let me off the phone with them. They all are definitely team players no matter what department you are talking to, if you haven't got the right department they will make sure that you get to the right department so they can answer any questions regarding the loan. I give them a 5-star rating because they are the best as far as home loans. I highly recommend them.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you Charlie! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

My Name Is Charlie **. Myself and my wife, Janet **, wound up living in our home that was originally going to be an investment property right before the crash in 2008-09. We are homeowners. OCWEN worked with us in the following years following that and helped us design a modification that helped us reduce payments to keep affordable over the past few years but let us earn a reduction in Loan balance to allow us to either stay or resell at a fair value if we decide to downsize. We think they are one of the only services to work with people like that and recommend them to any homeowners.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Sherry, We're delighted to read your feedback about the service provided by Ocwen. Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

OCWEN provides EXCEPTIONAL service to their customers. Their phone reps are pleasant, professional, helpful, knowledgeable, and focused on their customers always. They never fail to verify that your questions have been answered and treat even the most remote/minor questions as if you are their priority. They understand that your home is your most important investment and they value that as much as the customer. They have a successful business because they have happy customers, they understand that important balance. Their logo says it all, "Helping Homeowners Is What We Do!" They walk the talk!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you Maria! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

The loan officers were very willing to work with me. They even helped closing the deal through the American Embassy as I was out of the country. I signed the final forms and had them witnessed by a notary at the Embassy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.?

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Congratulations on buying your first home! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences.

Original review: July 30, 2016

We were first-time home buyers so we didn't understand too much about how the process works and Homeward Residential has been able to break down everything for us. They explained how much is gonna be left and how much is going every year to the interest and the principal, and they kept track of everything. Their loan officers were very friendly and they've always been on time when sending the paper for the tax and the docs on how much interest we paid at the end of the year when I ask them. I have a direct withdrawal from my account and they send the confirmation that the bill was paid in full every month. Overall, they're very good and they know what they are doing.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Bayo! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

I rated Ocwen Financial Corp five star because that was the worth of their services to me. If not because of Ocwen Loan Servicing's help, I would have lost my home. Again, thank you so much for ALL your help during my financial challenges... I know that you get my back.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Henry, Thank you for taking the time to share your Ocwen experience with others. We're happy that you enjoyed working with us!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

This was a fast and easy refinance. The people at Ocwen are professional and easy to work with. All follow-up questions have been answered and their online site is easy to use. I give the company an A+ rating.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Archie, Your feedback is valuable to us and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

Everything started off great and got everything we were promised - just took a lot longer than expected and was not keep in the loop until I went back to my loan officer about all of it. Jill was great on getting it rolling on track. Then I figured y'all were going to pay everything and not all the checks getting mailed back to me. All in all was not a bad experience just long than I would have figured since it is not our first time to refinance.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Andrea, Your feedback is valuable to us and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

My Loan Officer, Shannon was great, professional and prompt most of the time... most all of my questions were answered. There were some complications on my part which I submitted in a timely basis but a lot of reorganizing was happening on your part and for a few weeks, I felt like I had fallen through the cracks... emails, phone calls went unanswered. Some sort of process should have been put in place, even if it was a mass email to your clients to let them know what was happening, and please stand by and be patient or some such. Having said this, in addition to Shannon, I want to mention that Danielle ** and Crispin ** were helpful and made it happen so it all worked out.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Denise, We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback. We will also ensure your feedback is shared with the Call Center representative who assisted you.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

Yes I would recommend a friend. I called Ocwen regarding my Mortgage payments. I spoke with one of the representatives. He was courteous, professional and understood my situation. The representative made me feel as though he went above and beyond his job duties. I was pleased with the outcome.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Tony, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear you were satisfied with the customer service received from Ocwen. If there is anything outstanding that you need assistance with, please send a private message with the details.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

To whom it may concern. Because I was interested in getting a loan to fix things on the house and I was not able to it that's why I said it was not fit my needs. I was satisfied with the customer service. It was very pleasant. The problem is I have to go to somebody else to get the loan and I didn't want to do that and I feel like I'm paying for a house I can't even take a loan on it.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Great feedback, Joe! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen. We will also ensure your feedback is shared with the Call Center representative who assisted you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

Representative was very courteous, very thorough, and stayed on topic. He reviewed every topic in order to ensure that we both were on the same page... he was patient. He was complete... and he was gracious.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Mary! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

My experience as a borrower on a home loan was great. I do not have any complaints about how professional OCWEN was during the time period I had the loan. I would recommend anyone to give OCWEN a chance to finance their home loan or any other financial needs.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Dennis! We’re delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen and appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

OCWEN returned our escrow the week after we refinanced our home mortgage. This was much sooner than we had been told it would usually come. It came much more quickly than we anticipated it. My wife and greatly appreciate OCWEN's courtesy and prompt customer service!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Laurel, We take customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Our Ombudsman team has been engaged to review your account in detail and will contact you to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

Without our OK or signatures Ocwen put us at some point into a "Modification Agreement," whatever that is. After talking with an attorney we have found out that this is illegal. I have been making monthly payments without stop. They have not applied them to our loan, but put them into some slush fund which I am to assume they are collecting interest on. That's what lenders do. We have also always paid our own homeowners insurance, which they have copies of each year from our agent and we find out they are also collecting monthly payments for insurance. So where is that money going or gone to? We pay our own out of pocket each month and have never been behind on it.

Now they have our credit rating at 500 and show that we are five months behind on our mortgage even though they have been paid $1200 per month nonstop. As we try to get this worked out with them, they continually send us incorrect statements and paperwork. They tell us there isn't anything they can do until we send the paperwork back (even though they won't accept it because they send the wrong stuff). We get a different "Customer Service" person each time that gives us a different answer as to what we have to do. Each time it's wrong.

In the meantime our credit is ruined. We couldn't even get $20 from a bank on credit if needed and all we've done is pay our mortgage each month. I am so angry right now, a $2 or $3 million lawsuit might just be on our radar. We are hiring an attorney today or tomorrow and we'll see if they can get someone who knows what they are doing and someone who will actually give straight talk. I hope that attorney charges tons of money too so Ocwen can pay that also. There is lots of pain and suffering going on here and when it comes to our credit rating, all we get from them is "Oh well, guess that's what happens." Illegal scam company and illegal business dealings. Don't ever get suckered in by them. They are definitely not what they put out to be.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Nikolay. We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

It was my pleasure to have Ocwen as financing of my mortgage. All four years I didn't have any problems to pay or to get help when I need it.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Jessie, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer service. If there are any additional details you can share with us or if there is anything outstanding that you need assistance with, please private message us with the details. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

Ocwen was good to work with some miscommunication within the department though. Cost to the refinance but in the end saving a 3 years of paying and 20,000 in interest.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Morgana, We take customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Our Ombudsman team has been engaged to review your account in detail and will contact you to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

I had a home equity loan with GMAC. Unfortunately, they sold it to Ocwen. I also have a first mortgage with a reputable mortgage lender who holds my escrow. Without my consent or knowledge, Ocwen changed my homeowners insurance policy stating they are my first mortgagee and changed my billing to my home address. I am contractually obligated to escrow my property taxes and homeowners insurance with the first mortgagee. I'm not sure what Ocwen is up to, but they fraudulently used my personal information to change my insurance policy. I have filed a complaint with my state AG's office, CPB and my state financial services. This company is unscrupulous. Do business with them at your peril.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Catherine, Thank you for providing feedback about your experience with us. We are glad to hear the agent you recently worked with provided excellent customer service and we will share this feedback. We also appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience and will share the details regarding the issues you have experienced with your scheduled appointments.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

The person I spoke with was very kind, pleasant, and caring. He was also helpful for our situation! He set up a phone appointment for me to speak with our relationship manager. I hope the relationship manager calls this time!!! I have had multiple phone appointments in the past & they never call me!!!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Shiralee, We take customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Our Ombudsman team has been engaged to review your account in detail and will contact you to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

We were notified by our insurance company that our HOI had not been paid. Our mortgage payment has not changed so Ocwen must just be pocketing the money. After several calls and being told that it would be taken care of right away, Ocwen has still taken no action to resolve THEIR error. Research shows that we are not the only ones on this site with this complaint.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Alejandro, All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service and will use this to identify opportunities to improve our service. If there is anything we can do to assist you, please private message us and we will work with you to research your request. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

I had a loan, which was sold to Ocwen. I’ve been with them for years, and I called them when I was looking at refinancing. They had all my paperwork there, and I didn’t want to move, but the lady I spoke to wanted to talk with me about a HARP loan. I told them I want a refinance and didn’t want a HARP loan. They never really followed up to tell me if they can do something or not. As far as I’m concerned, they dropped the ball in that regard. They were not helpful, so I ended up with Quicken.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Sandra, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

You guys have always been there for me supporting me in everything when I have questions, concerns or simply to give me an update on my account. I will always recommend you to all my friends. I will always choose you as the best financial institutions.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Rhett, We're here to help. Our Ombudsman team has been assigned and will contact you as requested. Also, please send a private message with the homeowner's full name and property zip code so that we can locate the account of your client. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

I am trying to help a client get a slight reduction in their mortgage payoff. The borrower is a double amputee and is no longer able to work due to his disability. The borrower is also 61 years old. In addition to all of these factors - we recently had the most devastating flood in US history and over 95% of the homes in my hometown were destroyed or damaged a month ago. I have not been able to speak to anyone in the United States about this - all of my calls seem to be routed overseas - but I am hoping that we can get some help so that my clients do not lose their home in foreclosure.

We only have a few weeks left before the Sheriff's sale - so if someone from Ocwen could PLEASE contact me it would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer not to get HUD involved - hopefully we won't need to. On behalf of my client - I appreciate any help that Ocwen can give and I will assure you that we will be VERY vocal in our praise. FYI - Ocwen does have written authorization on file giving me permission to speak on the client's behalf.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Lola. We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

All in all it was a good experience. I had looked at other options but most were reluctant to do a refinance on a loan under $50K. Because I had been with Ocwen previously it seemed like there were less hoops to jump through.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Great feedback, Kelliann! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen. We will also ensure your feedback is shared with the Call Center representative who assisted you.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

I needed documents to complete paperwork for the sale of our home. I could not access them online as my information was no longer valid. When I called customer service the woman I spoke with was very helpful, patient and kind. She was able to get the information I needed, then went the extra step to help me recover my online account. She even waited for it to show active before we disconnected. Wonderful customer service!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Jeryld! We’re delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen and appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

I can always count on Ocwen to listen and understand, when a need arise and have a plan to meet the need. They are willing to work with their customers at all length. I am truly honor to be one of their customers. It feels like family. Thank very much. Really can't express how appreciative I am.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Janet, All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. We are reviewing your account and a member of our Ombudsman team will contact you to discuss in further detail. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

I'm wondering who got paid to write the glowing reviews? If you google OCWEN it is a nightmare of stories including mine! My home has been vacant going on the 7th year after receiving auction notices that never happened. I cannot get this company to take my name off the title. The idiots in the ** Call centers barely speak English and talk like robots with no information about the case. I have written to the CEO and contacted the Florida BBB. My home is now uninhabitable!! You have put locks on it but not maintained it! It is now a huge danger to the neighborhood. There is literally no one who seems to be able to move this along. I just want out!!! If not, give the house back to me! One or the other.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, David! We’re delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen and appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

This is by far the best mortgage serving companies in America. They work with their customer from the beginning to the end. Would highly recommend them to any and everybody keep up the great work.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you Nicole! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

I have been a customer with Ocwen for about 9 years now. After I purchased my home, I had given birth to 5 children. I lost my job and have been fighting to stay in my home. I have since gained permanent employment and was able to receive a Home Affordable Modification that allowed me to keep my home. Providing a loving and supportive home environment to my children has been my #1 priority and thanks to Ocwen and their willingness to work in order to keep families in their homes I have been able to do just that. Thank you Ocwen and all of your wonderful Relationship Managers for all your support!!!

Expert Review

Michele LernerMortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.    More about Michele→

Ocwen Loan Servicing was founded in 1988 and has over 10,000 employees and operations across the United States as well as in the U.S. Virgin Islands, India and the Philippines. They provide lending solutions for residential and commercial customers, including home loans, investment property loans and reverse mortgages.

• Free mortgage assistance solutions: Ocwen has several options for homeowners to consider instead of foreclosure if they are unable to afford to stay in their homes. These options include help with listing a property for sale, forgiveness of debt in exchange for transferring the deed to the property and debt settlement through foreclosure alternatives.
  • Online application: Submit an online application to get started finding the right loan for your needs. Check your loan status online.
  • Commercial mortgages: Ocwen has over 20 years of experience managing performing and non-performing mortgage loans for commercial clients. Their commercial mortgage services include default management and small balance portfolio management.
  • Homeowner resources: Ocwen’s website has several resources for homeowners and home buyers to explore, including a convenient mortgage rate comparison table that allows consumers to determine which type of mortgage will work best for them.
  • REO property listings: Ocwen’s website includes listings of their REO (Real Estate Owned) properties. Simply input your desired area code to find and bid on homes for sale in your area.
  • Best for Ocwen Lending Services is best for business owners and first time homebuyers, real estate investors will also benefit from Ocwen’s REO listings.

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. Company Profile