Ocwen Financial Corp.
Ocwen Financial Corp.
Call toll free
3.85/5

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.

West Palm Beach, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ocwen Financial Corporation (Ocwen) is one of the leading mortgage servicing companies in America. We provide caring customer service and innovative mortgage solutions that help customers save money, build equity, and most importantly stay in their homes. Through our lending affiliate, Homeward Residential, Inc. (Homeward), we help customers refinance or buy their next home with HARP, Fannie Mae, and FHA mortgage options.

3018 Ocwen Financial Corp. Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

It was hard for me to maintain my house note. I have became blind and the same year my mother had passed away and I had give up on everything. But the company and staff never Let me down. When the the company needed their payments never told me I had to get out. It was months that I didn't have the money to pay my note. I cry everyday scared thinking no one cares. Couldn't go to family members and friends for nothing. Being blind and didn't have nowhere to go. But on the street. But thank god for the staff that work so hard for and still letting me know and showing more options to keep me in my house.

Everyone had close their door on me but Ocwen loan service. The staff never told me that it was not no hope and when I got the phone call from the staff. Each one of them kept working not to allow me not to give up and walk away. The lady said that the team had work it out. I didn't believe her. I thought it was someone just telling me that and the she was coming to put me out. No. They came to deliver me the paperwork to remain in my house. Thanks to god and the staff and company of Ocwen.giving me another chance not to become homeless. Thanks to the company that cares for all Ocwen. Thanks and I pray that you keep doing the right to help people in time of needs. God bless each one of you. Thanks and thank you lord for Ocwen being here for me when I needed the company the most. Kevin. Not homeless. Due to you all.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Kevin, for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen! We are here to help our customers, and we are very happy to hear we were able to assist you during your time of need.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We, like many others in Florida, fell on hard times in 2006, and continued to struggle financially for several years. We were both realtors at the time, and as the housing market collapsed, so did our incomes. We quickly fell behind on our mortgage, and our mortgage itself went through the hands of 5 banks/service companies, which made coming up with a solution to our troubles even worse. We hired a lawyer and agreed to go mediation with one of the banks. We put together the paperwork necessary for compliance with the bank’s guidelines, but were denied a settlement and were given no basis for their decision. Our lawyer said he had never seen such a lack of effort on the banks part, and he was convinced the bank had no real interest in offering settlements.

Fortunately for us our mortgage was passed on to Ocwen, who holds our mortgage now. From the beginning, they were responsive and helpful, giving us a real sense they wanted to work something out, that they wanted to keep us in our home. It took some time, but Ocwen offered us a realistic solution, and I’m very happy to say we went from several years of trials, lawyer fees and uncertainty to 4 straight years of on time mortgage payments. We have made improvements to the house over these last few years, the neighborhood has benefitted from our improvements, we are happy to be here, and we hope the bank is happy with our on time payments. It’s been a win win all around, and certainly could not have been done without a great partner like Ocwen. Their customer service is excellent, very clear and responsive, and we look forward to making many more on time payments in the years to come!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Mark, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen! We are glad to hear we were able to assist you in keeping your home, and we do appreciate the opportunity to work with you. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to read your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

My wife and I, (as with many people) have struggled through severe medical issues, lack of funds due to unemployment, etc., etc. - during times of duress I decided to apply for modification to our Mortgage with Ocwen. We couldn't have asked for more friendly, understanding professionalism if we tried. Much communication depends on your personal attitude as to how you've come to where you are financially... The employees at Ocwen very well know each situation and usually attempts and succeeds in assisting those homeowners who truly wish to meet their obligations and responsibilities.

We have been with Ocwen for six to seven years and I don't believe I could ask for better service, attitude and concern from your employees... Though it is their job to police all accounts, no one says that they have to go the "extra mile" to meet our needs... However, I have yet to experience any negative feedback from any employee. If I had to choose who to do business with during times of duress, confusion and concern, I would turn to Ocwen every time!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, David! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we look forward to working with you in the New Year.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I called concerning an insurance claim check that needed to be endorsed. I was afraid that I would have to talk to ten different people before I reached the person who could help me, and I was afraid that I would send the check and it would get lost in a mountain of paperwork. However, when I called, I only spoke to two people -- the person who answered the phone, and the person who was able to help me. Both were very courteous and professional, but also personable.

She told me the procedures, which were very simple, and gave me the address that I needed to send the check to. She assured me that the process only took a couple of days and my check would be mailed back immediately within one to two business days. I didn't feel as if I was talking to a major corporation full of robotic employees. I was talking to one person who knew how to help me. I appreciated that very much. I only wish I had written her ID number down so that I could give her credit.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Heather, for the positive review. We are happy to hear of the agents' professionalism and that you received the assistance needed.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

My experience with Ocwen loan services is the best, Whenever I need help Ocwen is always there for me. I got hurt at work and couldn't afford to pay my mortgage. Ocwen help me with a homeowners modification so that I can stay in my house. I don't know what I would have done if they were not there for me. I cannot thank Ocwen loan services enough for being there for me at my time of need. I am so grateful to have a loan service company like Gwen loan services.

I would recommend Ocwen to my family friends and to all the homeowners out there. My experience was easy to deal with because they gave me my own relationship manager to help me with the process. My relationship manager help me fill out the paperwork and stay in contact with me through the whole process. Now I can rest easy and sleep at night again. I don't know what I would have done without them. Thanks again Ocwen loan services. You're the best. My name is Tonya ** and I've been in my home for 14 years now. Thank you so much Ocwen loan services.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Tonya, we are delighted to read your feedback about your experience with Ocwen! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you, and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for the recommendation!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.?

Original review: June 14, 2019

I am a Realtor. My client has a loan with this company. We are trying to get a payoff on the loan so she can sell it. Due to medical issues she needs the money for her care. This Bank is impossible to deal with. We have waited 2 months for them to get us the information that the mobile home is paid off or still has a open balance. All you get is fax everything to a number and 2-4 hours on the phone waiting just for a fax number. Both her children and myself have experienced this 7 to 8 times. They never can find the loan and when they do it's the same story and we still have no results. I hope that they read this and contact me. This is our last effort to try and get hem paid or get a release and we are going to the banking commission to file a complaint. So sad that this bank is taking advantage of this woman and her need to pay for medical care for herself.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Christine, please send us a private message with the name on the account and address. We will have someone review the account and contact you.

Original review: June 14, 2019

What a horrible experience. Been on hold for 1.5 hours just to find out my balance on a HELOC. Their phone service doesn't offer this function, pathetic. Get to customer service and their system identifies you, transfers you to a department that can't access your account? Simply unbelievable they can be in business.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Randall, we do apologize for your experience and for the long hold times. Your information has been sent to one of our team members for review, and they will be in contact with you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 13, 2019

We bought a house in 2000 and the previous owner's loan was with Ocwen. The loan purchased from Wells Fargo. The loan was paid in full when we purchased the house. We sold the house last month to find out the paid mortgage was not recorded. Our title company keeps getting the run around from Ocwen and it still has not been recorded which forces us to seek legal help which is going to be very expensive just because Ocwen will not do what they are required to and record the loan. It is very frustrating and time-consuming. Anyone have any advice on getting this handled?

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Joyce, we apologize for your experience with the lien release of the property and the frustration this has caused. Please send a private message with your contact number and the property address, so we can review your account and follow up with you. Thank you.

Original review: June 10, 2019

As a long time customer with Ocwen Loan Servicing, I have always been impressed with the customer service I receive each time I call them. Their representatives are always very kind and courteous, helpful in every way. They always strive to find a resolution with my issues, and are willing to work with me to do so. I cannot thank them enough! Well done.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Paul, for your positive review! It has been our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to hear that you are happy with the customer service provided by Ocwen.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I have work with OCWEN for many years as it has been my mortgage company. Every time, whether I was late on my payments or on time, its personnel has been very helpful, respectful, and even understanding. Once upon a time, a different company where I was buying a car, the collector made me cried. Therefore, for Ocwen personnel to be tactful and respectful, it's something that I greatly appreciate and value when dealing with businesses.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Maricela, for your positive review! It has been our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to hear that you are happy with the customer service provided by Ocwen.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 4, 2019

Reached the end of my loan time...still owed money, got it taken care of. But it took 14 months to get it refinanced to start making payments. Ocwen would not let me just keep paying the money owed. Transunion was told and other credit groups. I missed payments, still trying with no luck to clean...with Transunion credit group. Have been making payment. Now good standing with everyone. But still I have this big problem because of Ocwen... Tried to pay but they would not let me. Thank you.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Willis, we take customer feedback seriously, and we are glad to hear you are now in good standing with everyone. If you should need assistance, please send us a private message, and we will have one of our team members contact you.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I called because I send my bill out the day after I receive it and wanted to make sure the month of June would be covered if the check were made out to Ocwen. The representative said it would be fine. Thanks, Dennis

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Dennis, thank you for your feedback. If you have any additional concerns, please send us a private message and we'll have one of our team members contact you. Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 30, 2019

My mortgage was purchased by Ocwen in 2014 from GMAC. Ever since that time it has been a proverbial nightmare. The last hurricane in my area (Florence 2018) left my home and finances a shambles. I asked for and was given a 90 grace and repayment plan, only after I called three times. No one had ever heard of any such thing!! (Imagine that!) I was making the payments on the repayment plan although they were difficult for me. In January 2019 I was informed by my VA rep, I should apply for a loan modification. (How hard could this be people. I only owe 10K on the original mortgage and the maturity date isn't until 2032.) I was told I could not apply for a modification unless I stopped the repayment plan agreement, it was the only way it could be done. I did so but with much consternation. This put me a month in arrears, and sorely affected my credit rating as I had a 30 day late each month. I watched my credit score go from 720 down to 619.

I was then informed that in order to have a modification approved I had to be current on my payments. So, I sold every piece of furniture in my home that I could spare and caught up my payment. Then I was told they were waiting for the insurance and property tax information. OKAY! So I called my insurers and they never received a request for that information. I went in person to the tax office. They did not receive a request for any information. So, one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing! NOW, I am told PHH is taking over the loan and it will be another 90 days. It is now May soon to be June and no decision has been made. I am a disabled veteran and a senior citizens, I have 'been around the block' more than a few times and this is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. What a farce. I have no idea how Ocwen has a 4 star rating. I am fighting to stay in my home of 24 years!!!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Candice, we take our customer's feedback seriously, and we apologize for the delay you have experienced with the loan modification. Your information has been forwarded to one of our team members so they can review the status of the loan modification and follow up with you.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I called to request a copy of my statement, the customer service rep was very helpful. She listened attentively and my statement was immediately emailed to me. She also informed me of the mortgage being transferred to another company.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Michelle, thank you for your positive feedback. We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that the customer service rep was helpful and attentive to your needs.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I have been very pleased with Ocwen Mortgage Services. The bank is only 5 minutes from my house. I was able to drive my payment into the bank. They worked with me to keep my home whenever I was late. The staff is very courteous. They explained all the information I need to make the transition to PHH bearable. Thank you Malissa, Linda **, Robert **, and Mayur **. I'll never forget you.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Glenda! We are delighted to read your feedback regarding the staff at Ocwen and for the positive review you sent to Consumer Affairs! If you should require additional assistance following the transition to PHH, please send a private message and one of our team members will contact you.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Ocwen’s customer service agents have always been helpful, knowledgeable and patient. We really like their website and online customer portal. It’s easier to make payments, pull records, or just review account history. We’ve worked with many mortgage service lenders over the years and Ocwen has been the best.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Kyle! It has always been our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen's customer service, website and customer portal! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: May 20, 2019

No complaints, great customer service. Whenever I talk with someone they are always very professional, polite and courteous. I was explained to by the gal I talked with about the new change coming. Hopefully, they will be as nice as the employees of OCWEN.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Maureen, for taking the time to share your positive feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. If you should need assistance following the transition to PHH, please send us a private message and someone in our Ombudsman group will contact you.

Original review: May 15, 2019

"Helping Home Owners is What We Do" is the tagline this FRAUDULENT COMPANY USES. It's printed on all their direct mail. This is what I call MAIL FRAUD. They've done nothing but try to destroy my life. No one can help. Politicians lie to get in office and the lie to stay. They're in the bed with the banks STILL.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Roderick, Ocwen takes customer feedback seriously, and we appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Our Ombudsman team has been engaged to review your account in detail and will reach out to you. Thank you.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I am writing this note to thank the OCWEN staff for their availability flexibility, and willingness to work with me to keep my house by stretching the arrears through a more manageable amount and payment period.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Jean, thank you taking the time to share your positive feedback with Ocwen. We are here to help our customers, and we're happy to hear we were able to get you into a more manageable plan. If you should need additional assistance in the future, please send us a private message and one of our team members will contact you.

Original review: May 14, 2019

They convinced me to refinance and after months into the process they denied me and then charged me late fees on the entire amount of my payments that I had not paid (the original amount of my note not the amount they took it to during the process). I put me in a bend and I have been for a while now since they did that. I have been in my home for over 26 years and when Ocwen took over my loan I have hated them and wanted to leave this house and let them have it. I hope PHH will be better.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Cora, we take all feedback seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your information has been forwarded to one of our team members so they can review your account and contact you.

Original review: May 12, 2019

This company should be out of business. They always add fees to your monthly statement like “home inspection” or “mortgage review”. The customer service is nonexistent. They are so fraudulent with so many fines. How are they still in business?

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Angel, Ocwen takes all feedback seriously, and we appreciate the time you spent to send us your feedback. Your information has been forwarded to one of our team members so they can review your account and follow up with you.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My home loan with Ocwen Financial Corp. is nearing the end. I have two payments left on my loan and I must say I never had one issue to date. I am currently looking to finance another home and use my paid off home as a rental. My next step is to talk with Ocwen on a second mortgage. If the interest rates are right I would love to use Ocwen Financial Corp. for a second round. Thanks for the many years of great service.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Congratulations on nearing the payoff of your loan, Thomas, and thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. We have appreciated the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I have been with Ocwen for many years and always had a great and positive relationship with the organization. All experiences have been explained in detail and timely when dealing with customer service and relationship managers.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Joseph, thank you for the positive review! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are happy to hear that you were pleased with the service provided by our customer service agents and relationship managers.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I'm going through a hardship that is causing heartache. My relationship manager is very compassionate and understanding. He is currently helping me with a modification of my account. Everyone at Ocwen is so nice to speak to. Also, Ocwen has been very patient. I strongly recommend them to anyone who is experiencing a hardship.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Michael, we are sorry to hear of the hardship you are experiencing. We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive feedback regarding the service provided by your relationship manager, and thank you for the recommendation. If you should require additional assistance, please send us a private message and one of our team members will contact you.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Since I first started as a customer with Ocwen, customer service has always been outstanding. They explained everything I needed to know every step of the way until I was finally approved. From then on, everything has been great, customer service reps always readily available to help with any questions I had. All in all, I am very happy with Ocwen's customer service.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Kathleen, for your positive review! It has been our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to hear that you are happy with the customer service provided by Ocwen.

Original review: May 3, 2019

We had bought a house in Sep 2016. Paid every month no problems other than they messed up the escrow.... Then in Nov 2018 I called Ocwen to let them know my husband had surgery and would be off work for 12 weeks.. And we only had my income.... And I would pay December's payment but Not Jan of 2019... And would get it caught up by Feb. 2019. They wanted me to apply for help but said it would take a while to get it done. By that time my husband would have been back to work and we would not qualify...

So January I didnt make the house payment... I called Feb 1st to get caught up. They had sold our loan to PHH... I was told they couldn't do anything for me. I had to call PHH... Called them. They didnt have full access to my account...but if I called back before the 8th of Feb they wouldn't report to credit bureau...if I got it all paid. I said, "Perfect." So I PAID everything up to Current....and paid Feb payment. So Ocwen DID REPORT TO CREDIT BUREAU!!! And my credit dropped 57 points!!! My thing is I Called 2 months before to let them know... and they said there was nothing they could do... I wasn't behind. I was 45 days late and paid them 1300.00 and was completely current... They sold the Loan.... And still reported it. Now if I call there isn't anything they can do... WORST Company.... They make you go through a ringer to get a loan and they treat their customers like this...

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Melissa, we apologize for your experience. We are forwarding your information to one of our team members for a review of the credit reporting on your account, and they will contact you to discuss.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Updated on 05/09/2019: Dispute Update: There still has not been any contact with this company. After the initial review, I was told someone would be in contact with me. Unfortunately, after reviewing others who have written a similar negative comment, the EXACT same response was given. To this date, not one individual has made contact with me. I even sent a certified letter detailing my issues alone with corresponding documents and again, no response. Would not finance a dog house with this company. Tia

Original Review: Unfortunately, this company’s service is the most horrible I have worked with. First: It takes over an hour before you can reach an actual person. Second: The customer service personnel is housed in another country where English is not their primary language. Communication was virtually non-existent. Lastly, after my home was foreclosed, I found a $15,993 amount on a credit report that the company said they didn’t put there. After a dispute on Experian, Ocwen refused to take off and won’t until 2023! Let’s not forget they sent me a 1099-C which is a cancellation of all debt. I hate this company. Tia.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Tia, Ocwen takes all feedback seriously, and we apologize for your experience. We see you had worked with our Research team regarding this; however, I have asked our Ombudsman team to take another look and contact you regarding their findings.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Updated on 05/09/2019: The Ombudsman Office deems my issue with Ocwen resolved saying there were no errors made. I am out $550 for an appraisal that was insisted on to REFINANCE. Only to be told Ocwen does not refinance. This is only a small part of the problems. There is no email information available to respond to their "no errors made". Therefore I will continue to inform anyone and everyone what Ocwen employees have done. I originally stated the problems I am faced with and it has NOT been resolved. I have had to resort to other options involving over $15,000 due to this company's deceit and inadequacies.

Original Review: If you check Ocwen BBB rating, it is F's across the board. On March 18, 2019 I inquired about refinancing my mortgage so I could have some much needed repairs done on the house. After reviewing my credit score, 15 years of mortgage pmts, etc. I was informed everything looked perfect. I could even take extra monies to pay off a bill or use the money however I wished. I was emailed paperwork to get things started and a loan officer was appointed to my loan. I was informed I had to pay for & have an appraisal done before any repairs could be started. I immediately paid for the appraisal and it was submitted the day after it was done.

I emailed the loan officer several times trying to find out the status of the refinance. At least 6 out of 9 times I received an automatic response stating the loan officer was out of the office, not checking any messages. At one point the message stated he was out of the office for 4 days. Needless to say, I am not getting anywhere quickly here... When I finally spoke to the loan officer, he informed me he had all the paperwork he needed and we could close in "a week and a day". I asked him if I could have the repairs started and he said yes. This was April 16, 2019.

On April 24, 2019 I received an email from the loan officer stating my county tax payment could not be confirmed. My taxes are in escrow and are paid through Ocwen. I called the county tax office the next morning to inquire about this missing payment. I was informed by the tax office the payment was received at 4:30pm the previous day. So, Ocwen was trying to confirm a tax payment they had not submitted yet, and presenting this as a problem, delaying closing on the loan.

After responding to a questionnaire as to whether or not I would recommend Ocwen to friends and family, in a negative way, I received a call from a 3rd employee of Ocwen. This woman proceeded to tell me I could not refinance my mortgage for repairs. I would have to pay for the repairs out of my pocket, and afterward, I could refinance to get the funds. She also stated that I had been told this all along. Now I'm thinking someone put something in my coffee! I emailed the loan officer in charge of the refinance, said I have been getting the runaround for almost 2 months now and apparently paid for an appraisal ($550) that was useless.

I got home that night to find an email stating If the appraiser updates the report to show he is okay with it "as is" then the repairs may not be required and we will be able to move forward. No one said a word about the appraisal previous to this. I now have NO access to my front door, I have repairs partially done due to the fact that Ocwen employees either outright lie to their customers, or have no idea what they are doing. Three different people, three different stories.

I have contacted an attorney concerning this matter. I am not too keen on being told my taxes weren't paid when they are in escrow, that is just wrong. I also emailed the CEO of Ocwen/PHH, I seriously doubt I will get a response. The only reason I am writing this review is in hopes no one else is subjected to this kind of misleading treatment. It has now been approximately 6 weeks since the start of this mess, and it is still not resolved. Do your homework and look into the other reviews and lawsuits connected to Ocwen.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Aimee, Ocwen takes customer feedback seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your feedback has been forwarded to our Ombudsman team for a review of your account, and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I have had a very rewarding experience working with OCWEN. The customer service is outstanding and you are making a very conscientious effort to help me with my mortgage. You put the customer first. This is a great company to be a customer.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Frances! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we are glad your experience working with us has been rewarding.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I paid off my mortgage with Ocwen in August 2018. Ocwen sent a letter acknowledging that the mortgage was paid in full and that they would be contacting the registry of deeds in my county to release the lien/mortgage. I've had to follow up continually with them to find out where they are with this. For months, I was told it was stuck in the legal department. Today, they claimed that the county was informed in Feb 2019. Today, I had to insist that Ocwen e-mail me a copy of the release of mortgage that they supposedly mailed but that was never mailed to me (which is interesting in itself because the original "You've paid off your mortgage in full letter" stipulated that a copy of the release of lien/mortgage would also be mailed to me. It wasn't -- I had to ask for it.) As usual, I'll be following up with Ocwen and the registry of deeds. Lots of time wasted on something that should have happened months ago.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Laura, we apologize for your experience with the lien release of your mortgage and any frustration this has caused. Your information has been forwarded to our Ombudsman team, so they can review the account in detail and contact you to discuss further.

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. expert review by Michele Lerner

The loan servicing wing of this financial company is one of the largest mortgage companies in America. The company provides lending solutions including home loans, investment property loans and reverse mortgages to residential and commercial customers.

• Online application: Interested borrowers can submit a simple form online to get started finding the right loan for their needs. Once they’ve found the right loan and applied, they can check their application status online.

• Homeowner resources: The website has several resources for homeowners and homebuyers to explore including a convenient mortgage rate comparison table that allows consumers to determine which type of mortgage will work best for them.

• Free mortgage assistance solutions: The company offers help for homeowners trying to avoid foreclosure, such as help with listing a property for sale, transferring the deed to the property in exchange for debt forgiveness and settling debt through foreclosure alternatives.

• REO property listings: The website includes listings of their real estate owned (REO) properties. Interested buyers simply input their desired area code to find and bid on homes for sale in that area.

• Commercial mortgages: Commercial mortgage services include default management and small balance portfolio management.

• Best for: first-time homebuyers, real estate investors and homeowners looking for mortgage solutions to save money on their current home.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. Company Information

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.
1988