Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.

West Palm Beach, FL

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Great feedback, Carolyn! We are here to help our customers, and we genuinely appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

Everyone from OCWEN made me feel comfortable and supported through the entirety of my process. It was a very difficult time for me, financially and emotionally, and their determination to help me made me feel very safe and comforted. I truly had the feeling that OCWEN's entire goal was to help me (or any customer!) be successful with whatever service they could help with. They helped me refinance my mortgage when I had significantly fallen behind on my payments due to a long period of hardship and I was terrified that I would lose my house. Not only have I remained in my house but they helped me attain an affordable new mortgage. I truly appreciate everything OCWEN did for me.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Kelly, Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that we have exceeded your expectations and appreciate your positive feedback. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and are here to help our customers.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Ocwen loan service has exceeded all my expectation. We have had issues with our loan during the term, and they have been there as if they were family. They look for ways to help you survive your issues and are clear from start. That's what they want to do. I would and will always use them, refer them, and would speak out on their behalf. That's how good the service has been. Thanks for all you do, keep it up.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Great feedback, Terrance! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

Glad that Ocwen is my mortgage company! Ocwen went the extra mile to assist me in a professional and compassion way that most large Company doesn't do in these present times we are in now. Thanks a bunch!!!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Maryann, We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback! We are glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen. We will also ensure your feedback is shared with your Relationship Manager.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

When I think of my Ocwen Relationship Manager and the Ocwen Team who worked with me, I am still overwhelmed with joy. They worked diligently with me to save my home from foreclosure. My loan was modified. Unfortunately for a lot of my friends across this country it's too late for them. They have lost their homes because their mortgage companies did not go over and beyond to work with them. They are back to renting. I am blessed & highly favor by The Lord! I can continue enjoying my home and working in my flower beds without stress & worry. Thank you Ocwen Modification Team.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Great feedback, Jack! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

Each time I have contacted Ocwen or they have contacted me it has been a very positive experience. The employees that I have spoken with are very courteous very knowledgeable and do everything they are taught to do to be helpful. I give Ocwen a very high rating and would recommend them to anyone. I feel blessed to have Ocwen as my mortgage holder.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.?

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Bob, We're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

Everything was explained, clearly as they should be, leaving nothing to chance. I certainly would have no problem recommending them to my friends and family. If I was ever to need a mortgage in the future. They exceed any other group I have worked with. I believe them to be honest and trustworthy.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Lillie, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

I am very happy with how Ocwen worked with me to reduce my monthly mortgage payment. I most certainly would recommend them to a friend. Outstanding service. They have worked with me on obtaining two Ref, which is saving me over $700 per month.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Linda, We're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback! Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

Absolutely excellent! Could not have been better! Staff extremely polite, professional, courteous, patient and caring! Perfection at its best! Everyone in the process made the procedure as easy as possible and was handled in a very timely manner!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Oscar! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Very happy with your Institution. I would recommend to anyone most definitely! Never had any issues with my payments or anything. In fact I would like to have you again when we buy a new home in New Mexico where we leave now. Again thank you so much for the very thing.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Great feedback, Wilfredo! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

My experience was a very pleasant one. Great customer service and fast outcome to our request. I am so happy I ask for their assistance to keep my property. My wife and I were satisfied with their professionalism and dedication in helping people in this difficult times. Thanks.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Nelda, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

Mortgage assistance program - I have recently been involved with a loan modification with Ocwen Mortgage Co. I am very favorably impressed with the level of compassion, professionalism, and accommodating assistance that I was afforded by their very excellent staff. They came up with a solution to my problem beyond my expectations and made it possible for me to retain ownership of my home. I am most grateful.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Lana! We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

I would tell everyone to go with OCWEN for their Mortgage needs. They have treated me really great for three years that I have been with them. They answer all your questions that you direct to them. And if they don't know the answer they direct you to the department that you need. Me and my Husband want to move to another state soon and hoping to keep them as are Mortgage holder if we can. Please call me with any other questions.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Arne, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

Our experience has been the absolute best. We have had no problems contacting personnel if a question arises! They continually work with us in the difficult times. They have been patient and explain things if need be. They also call back when they tell you they will!! Thank you Ocwen, you have restored our faith in lending institutions! You are appreciated.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Edward, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

As a property owner, I have had over 35 years of experience with mortgage companies, for both my principal residences, as well as investment properties. Rarely have I found a company with which I found it such a pleasure to do business. Ocwen is the rare such company that combines exceptional customer care and service, with professionalism, accuracy, and polite deference. It will be a pleasure to do business with Ocwen again in the near term.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you James! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback and are happy to hear we have provided you with an exceptional experience.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

I love the way the service people at Ocwen strives to provide great service. They always make sure that have answered all my questions before they let me off the phone with them. They all are definitely team players no matter what department you are talking to, if you haven't got the right department they will make sure that you get to the right department so they can answer any questions regarding the loan. I give them a 5-star rating because they are the best as far as home loans. I highly recommend them.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you Charlie! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

My Name Is Charlie **. Myself and my wife, Janet **, wound up living in our home that was originally going to be an investment property right before the crash in 2008-09. We are homeowners. OCWEN worked with us in the following years following that and helped us design a modification that helped us reduce payments to keep affordable over the past few years but let us earn a reduction in Loan balance to allow us to either stay or resell at a fair value if we decide to downsize. We think they are one of the only services to work with people like that and recommend them to any homeowners.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Sherry, We're delighted to read your feedback about the service provided by Ocwen. Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

OCWEN provides EXCEPTIONAL service to their customers. Their phone reps are pleasant, professional, helpful, knowledgeable, and focused on their customers always. They never fail to verify that your questions have been answered and treat even the most remote/minor questions as if you are their priority. They understand that your home is your most important investment and they value that as much as the customer. They have a successful business because they have happy customers, they understand that important balance. Their logo says it all, "Helping Homeowners Is What We Do!" They walk the talk!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you Maria! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

The loan officers were very willing to work with me. They even helped closing the deal through the American Embassy as I was out of the country. I signed the final forms and had them witnessed by a notary at the Embassy.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Congratulations on buying your first home! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences.

Original review: July 30, 2016

We were first-time home buyers so we didn't understand too much about how the process works and Homeward Residential has been able to break down everything for us. They explained how much is gonna be left and how much is going every year to the interest and the principal, and they kept track of everything. Their loan officers were very friendly and they've always been on time when sending the paper for the tax and the docs on how much interest we paid at the end of the year when I ask them. I have a direct withdrawal from my account and they send the confirmation that the bill was paid in full every month. Overall, they're very good and they know what they are doing.

Ocwen was our home loan company for 11 years. They were the easiest and best company I have ever worked with. I was disappointed that when we bought our new house that we would have to change loan companies. Their website is very easy to use. You can get all of your tax papers right off the website. Back statements needed? All available.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Roberto! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: March 15, 2017

Through out the years. They helped me keep my house especially when the economic meltdown of 2008. They lowered my mortgage and the price of the house from the original purchase price. Till today when I have the chance to refinance, Homeward Financing which is an affiliate of Ocwen gave me an opportunity to refinance with a much lower rate.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Bradley, great feedback! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're pleased with your experience working with Ocwen. We will also ensure your feedback is shared with your service rep.

Original review: March 14, 2017

Loan service isn't exactly the kind of thing that I would recommend to a friend but my experience with my service rep was Awesome. Very attentive to my needs and willing to meet those needs in a courteous and personable manner. The whole thing was truly painless, which is the opposite of the reputation of the industry.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Lori, thank you for the recommendation! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen and Homeward! We will be sure to share your feedback with Ronald and Jordiana.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I would recommend Ocwen and Homeward Residential at the top of my list! We have been Ocwen customers since 2006 and when it was time for us to refinance I was solicited by several banks but chose to use Homeward Residential because they are affiliated with Ocwen. My loan officers, Ronald ** and Jordiana ** were very responsive and just a pleasure to do business with and I'm sure everyone knows that this is not a fun process but they made it very easy and this was the fastest loan closing I have ever been through! My husband and I have worked very hard to clean our credit up and we were rewarding with a great interest rate and even able to take several years off our loan saving us thousands of dollars! Thank you very much.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Cola, we sincerely apologize for your experience and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. A member of our team will contact you.

Original review: March 13, 2017

They can never find me in the files as an authorized person, you can never call in and speak with person handling loan when you call, they charge for everything unless someone who is in charge waive fees, and they don't make it easy to find other options without a lot of changes to qualify before they are changed again. I don't feel they are out to help those who are having problems or make affordable payments just out to get there property.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Arvonia, Ocwen takes all feedback very seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your information has been sent to our Ombudsman team to review your account and they will contact you to discuss further.

Original review: March 13, 2017

Ocwen is terrible I would give them an F. I filed bankruptcy and completed it paying in full all of my mortgage. It was paid in full Nov. 2016. Dec 2016 Ocwen sent a letter to the courts saying I owe another $6733.00. The court sent me letter. I contact Ocwen and find I have $12951.23 in suspended account which would cover if I owed more with a refund. I had them (Ocwen) to draft me a letter with this information 12/14/2016. On 12/15/2016 monies was reversed out of the account. No one can tell me where it went. Later I talked with supervisors and other staff twice a week until today 3/13/2017 with no statement letter saying the account is paid off, and their lawyer can not even get information to my lawyer about the account. So out of four different mortgages, from three other companies I have sign off of the deed in 2016, this one; three months later I have got nothing. My plan ended Dec. 2016. It is now March 2017, nothing!!!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Maria, we appreciate you informing us of this issue, and we'd like to apologize for any frustration this has caused. Your account has been sent to our Ombudsman team to review and see how we can help.

Original review: March 11, 2017

I sent in a payment by FedEx on Feb 22nd, they received it in February 24th (paid extra so they could receive it asap). Someone signed for it from Ocwen (S. **) and they haven't been able to find it!! It is March 10th and still nothing. All the while it is showing my account as late, messing up my credit. Now they want me to send a copy of the check! For what they have the original!!! It is Friday so it looks like yet another week of not being able to find this check.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Ivy, thank you for the positive review. We're sorry to hear about your son's accident, and glad to hear he has recovered. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review in detail and contact you to discuss this further.

Original review: March 10, 2017

You ask why I gave a high rating. Well I am glad you are my lender. You have been with me thru a divorce and then being a cancer survivor and thru the court awarding custody of my two grandchildren. I have had a real struggle but I haven't been late on any payments in years. I only wish you could help me now. I got laid off from my job in June. My son was helping me but he fell and broke his leg so I had to help him. He is back to work now, but I still need to refinance my loan to do the much needed repairs on my house. When I speak to someone about refinancing this mfg. home it's like I have the plague or something. It's worth a lot more than I owe.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Jacquelin, thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience, and we are glad that our agent was able to assist you with your questions and that you are happy with the service provided.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I was having difficulties paying my current mortgage payment. The representative I spoke to was able to help me with all of my questions. I filled out the loan modification over the phone. This is quick, convenient and saved me time with submitting the application.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Juanada, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously and we sincerely apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review as well and they will contact you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I was so excited that my HARP loan modification was approved but 8 months into the actual loan I found there was an accounting error that now has caused what seemed to be a savings grace is now a nightmare that no one (including the Ocwen Research Dept) could resolve. My loan is one month behind even though I have paid every month, I'm receiving numerous collection calls, and they are adding late fees. I've been made the victim of their error and I will have to endure this until I can pay an extra months mortgage.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Tami, we appreciate the time you spent to share your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback! We will also ensure your comments are shared with the Customer Care Coordinator you spoke with.

Original review: March 7, 2017

The person I spoke to was excellent. She heard my concern and offered to follow my account and call me back the next day at 3 pm (2/28/19). She called me at 2:58pm with the information I needed. All companies should use this experience to show top customer service. She listened carefully, validated my concern, and followed-up like she promised. I couldn't be happier with the service she provided.

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. Company Profile

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.
1988