Ocwen Financial Corp.
Ocwen Financial Corp.
Call toll free
4.06/5

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.

West Palm Beach, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ocwen Financial Corporation (Ocwen) is one of the leading mortgage servicing companies in America. We provide caring customer service and innovative mortgage solutions that help customers save money, build equity, and most importantly stay in their homes. Through our lending affiliate, Homeward Residential, Inc. (Homeward), we help customers refinance or buy their next home with HARP, Fannie Mae, and FHA mortgage options.

2988 Ocwen Financial Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We are now working on resolving financial difficulties resulting from my husband's illness and pending major surgery. Sharon **, our relationship manager, is making the process easy and simple. Although we did get turned down for a loan modification, we have been able to work out a payment agreement. We only have a short time left on the mortgage and this shakeup in our finances has been devastating, but Sharon is doing a great job. We appreciate her. Several years ago we tried dealing with Ocwen and were seriously disappointed by the customer service. This time, things are much better and we do appreciate the change in service from Ocwen.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Elaine, for your positive review. Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we are glad you've seen an improvement in our service. We're also happy to hear that Sharon was able to assist you with a repayment plan, and we will be sure to share your feedback with her.

Rated with 1 starResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

My husband & I have owned homes since 1983, so have dealt with various mortgage companies. Ocwen is by far the worst! Our mortgage was sold to them in April 2016, but the time since roughly Nov 18, 2018 till now Jan 14, 2019 (and still ongoing) has been the worst. Our insurance agent found us a new homeowners policy which saved us some money, as rates went up since we live in FL. This was done before the old policy was up for renewal and paid out of escrow. Ocwen acknowledged the receipt of the new policy information and paid the premium from our escrow. Our agent sent Ocwen a notice of cancellation for the old policy. Ocwen then went & PAID the full premium due on the old policy-also out of our escrow, a full 10 days after paying the new policy!

This of course threw our escrow into a major shortage amount, which we were not aware of until we received an escrow analysis in the mail wanting a shortage payment. Many phone calls, super high stress levels, condescending attitudes from Ocwen, of course returned payment from our old insurance company...you would think we would not have a shortage & our monthly payment would be near the same (our taxes even went down slightly), but no. Last call, we owe a shortage now because the last analysis was done in January...REALLY...they do not understand that it was done in Jan all due to their mistake in November! Watch your escrow!! We don't even know where to go now...they say WE have to write a letter to dispute. RIDICULOUS!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Kathleen, we sincerely apologize for your experience. We are forwarding your information to our Ombudsman team for a review of your escrow account, and they will contact you to discuss.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

The agent that I spoke with was courteous, knowledgeable and efficient. That is all I ask of businesses I have dealings with. He helped allay a serious concern I had about a payment that I had trouble tracking down. Though my days with OCWEN are coming to an end, I must admit that I have not had a bad day with OCWEN.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Keith, thank you for sharing your positive feedback with Ocwen! We're glad to hear our agent was able to alleviate your concerns with the payment you were trying to track down and that you are satisfied with the service provided by Ocwen.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

My experience with Ocwen has always been rewarding. During times of hardship or life changes, my mortgage company is there to assist with the best solutions to making my situation healthy and positive. I value their honesty, commitment and trust in times of adversity. Thank you for standing by me when times were hard. Now my mortgage is comfortable and my APR is the lowest in the industry. Kindest regards.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Lakeena! We're glad to hear we were able to assist you with your mortgage, and we appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with Ocwen!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I have experienced an stellar experience with Ocwen in the past several years. They have ALWAYS gone above and beyond to meet my needs. In experiencing the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, Ocwen had immediate assistance to protect your account. Even in this situation they were so caring and so helpful. The only words I can use right now for Ocwen is awesome and wonderful.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Tammie, it is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I have always had a good experience working with Ocwen. We are currently working on my loan to help me reduce my payment based on hardship. I take dialysis and my wife is my caregiver and can't work. We are trying to lower our house so my income will cover the payment.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Ogwin, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen. If you should have any questions or concerns during the modification process, please send us a private message.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I had to call in regards to a roof damage claim that was covered by my homeowner insurance. I had questions on how this was to be handled. The customer service rep answered my questions clearly and efficiently. I obtained the information I needed and then mailed the check to be endorsed by Ocwen and then returned to me. I am currently waiting return of the insurance check so I may schedule repair of my roof. I give customer service 5 stars as I have been very satisfied up to this point.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Paul, for the positive feedback. Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're glad you are satisfied with the service provided.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Always looking for ways to help their customers find solutions to any problem. Three patient and willing to explore solutions. Help in the consumer to build a better relationship with the financial institution is key. Tell me what it takes to get your account back on track and to keep it on track. Love their commitment to customer satisfaction. Thanks.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Timothy, for your positive review! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I’m very satisfied with Ocwen since I enrolled in 2012 when I made a modification and my monthly payment dropped to $200 and save my house and recently in November dropped again to $168 thanks to $5000 for the 6 anniversary so I’m very thankful with Ocwen.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Frank, for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

My wife and I, (as with many people) have struggled through severe medical issues, lack of funds due to unemployment, etc., etc. - during times of duress I decided to apply for modification to our Mortgage with Ocwen. We couldn't have asked for more friendly, understanding professionalism if we tried. Much communication depends on your personal attitude as to how you've come to where you are financially... The employees at Ocwen very well know each situation and usually attempts and succeeds in assisting those homeowners who truly wish to meet their obligations and responsibilities.

We have been with Ocwen for six to seven years and I don't believe I could ask for better service, attitude and concern from your employees... Though it is their job to police all accounts, no one says that they have to go the "extra mile" to meet our needs... However, I have yet to experience any negative feedback from any employee. If I had to choose who to do business with during times of duress, confusion and concern, I would turn to Ocwen every time!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, David! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we look forward to working with you in the New Year.

No response received
Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

First Ocwen was not my mortgage company at first but somehow they bought my account and I was with them. So I got married in 2010 and moved. I called customer service to see what I can do and the lady told me they can buy my house back. I said, “Ok that's great.” I talked to a lady every Sunday afternoon around 4 pm. Now I asked, “Do I need to make payment?” She state No because they waiting on the lawyers to send me the paperwork. Now after a year on a Sunday she calls me and say I would have to do the paperwork over because it has been a year. Never mind that I been talking to you every week. So I filed paperwork out Again. Now this Sunday she states I got denied. Now my house was foreclosed on and on my credit report. If I knew this I would have kept renting the house and not let it go in foreclosure. They are a bunch of liars.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Alice, we've received your review. Please send us a private message with the property address so our Ombudsman team can review your account and contact you. Thank you.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

We applied for a loan modification after retiring from the military after 20 years. My benefits had not completely kicked in yet so my income was not the same. Mind you, I didn't chose Ocwen be my mortgage company. After receiving and returning paperwork just to get a call back claiming that something was not filled out, initialed or signed correctly, it takes nearly 2 years to get the modification completed. At that point my payments went up and I owed more on my house. After about 14 months of making these payments we decided to do another loan mod in hopes of better results and lower payments.

Shame on us, after about 9 months we get an offer for higher payment, the total amount of my house is now nearly $40 more than when I purchased it and somehow, by the time we signed the final packet I was late with the first payment and didn't know it. The modification team has no idea what the finance team is doing and vice versa. One would think that if a representative is assigned to you that they would know all of what is going on with your account. That is not the case here. These people work for the same company, working with the same customers but do not communicate between departments. Especially when your modification department tells the customers not to make any payments until the process is complete, but the finance department is ringing the phone off the hook for payments and sending negative remarks to the credit bureau. I think this needs to be investigated and not by Ocwen.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Willie, we take customer feedback very seriously, and we appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Our Ombudsman team has been engaged to review your account in detail and will reach out to you. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

On the 12/21/2018, I went to the UNITED STATES POST OFFICE. I sent my payment 2nd day (To be delivered 12/24/2018). As of this morning, Ocwen can not find my payment. They suggested that I stop payment on the check and make my payment on the phone. I called my bank and stopped payment. I called Ocwen to make my payment on the phone. (Payment due 1/1/2019.) They said they would take my payment for a charge of $17.50!!! Lets review, I sent the payment and the US post office delivered it.. They can not find the payment. They tell me to stop payment on the check and make the payment on the phone. Now they want $17.50 to help me??? Looks like losing checks is VERY profitable. I paid the payment online and was forced to pay Western Union a $7.50 fee. Wonder what Ocwen's rebate is on that transaction??? The first person I spoke with was very nice. The second person was condescending and anything but helpful.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Jim, Ocwen takes all customer feedback very seriously and it is our goal to make every attempt to resolve your concerns. This information has been forwarded to our Ombudsman team to review your account and contact you to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I have a very rewarding experience with Ocwen. They have kept their word with transparency and with helpful resources to maintain home. By providing incentives towards my principal gives me encouragement to stay on track with my mortgage payments.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Tina, we are delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! We are here to help our customers, and we appreciate the time you took to share your positive experience.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

When trying to refi in 2013/2014 it was impossible to get in contact anyone at Ocwen. When calling you were told to hold for about 8 hours. Since the property was in foreclosure and I could not talk to anyone for months I had to sell the property fast resulting in selling it at a reduced price. After the property was sold I received an offer for a refi. It was too late then.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Jozefus, we value your feedback and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had with Ocwen. If there is anything that you need additional assistance with, please send a private message with the details and we will contact you.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Ocwen's rep was kind and understanding. It made me feel better. I'm currently unemployed and have not been able to find a job. The call was not at all pushy, I did not feel pressured. This is a tough time to lose my job, after almost twenty years.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Robin, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Ocwen is here to help our customers, and it is nice to hear that the conversation with our agent made you feel better. We will be sure to share your feedback with the agent you spoke with.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

When I contacted Ocwen and described our situation, how we rented our house out when we decided to move back to our home state to be with friends and family. Well the people that we rented too were nothing short of animals who trashed our home, When we decided to proceed with the eviction process and move back, of course we had no extra money and our mortgage payments fell behind and defaulted. Thankfully Ocwen and their team understood our situation and helped us get back on track, we were never treated like a number or in any way disrespected Thanks too Ocwen, we are back on track, they sure do live up to their Motto "Helping homeowners is what we do." God Bless you all and thank you.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Avril, for your positive review! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

They really stand for their statement “help homeowners is what we do” very true... and thank you, I have great help and information every time I need... only bad thing is the call center agents from India don’t speak English very clear and it’s very hard to communicate. I request US agent and all is good and clear, save myself some misunderstanding when not clear on communications.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Laura, for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear you are pleased with the service provided by Ocwen. Your information has also been forwarded to our Ombudsman team to notify them of your preference to be routed to a US agent.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Deferred Principal Balance on my mortgage statement that should not be there. Have asked them repeatedly to explain this in detail which they cannot/won't do. Regular Principal Balance way too much also. Bought this place in June of 96 for 112K, put 17K down reducing my original mortgage to $95K. Been paying on it for 22 1/2 years and they still say I owe $88K Principal Balance and $72,513 Deferred Balance. I've asked them to either explain it or remove it. Been after them for 7 years + now and nothing has been done. Litton was the former servicer which I believe to be the root of the problem!!!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Dale, we take customer feedback very seriously, and we appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Our Ombudsman team has been engaged to review your account in detail and will reach out to you. Thank you.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I feel that the other reviews can't be further from the experience I had with them. After trying to work with them on a payment because I lost my job, and they wouldn't work with me. My other bills were understanding with us and worked with us but these guys wouldn't, they added to the frustration of our difficult circumstances.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Ocwen takes all feedback very seriously, and we apologize for your experience and frustration. We would like to have our Ombudsman team review your account. Please send us a private message with your phone number, so they can contact you to discuss further.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Ocwen has been the most satisfying experience because of the amiable staff that it has. From start to finish while we were modifying our loan step by step we were able to accomplish all that was asked. My daughter and my son in law who is Guillermo ** was very satisfied with the outcome of the approved modification. The staff was very knowledgeable with all the procedures and we are very satisfied. I believe that Ocwen is the best Financial Co. in the UNITED STATES. Thank You Ocwen.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Jesus, for your feedback! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're pleased to hear we have provided you and your family with a positive experience.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Very helpful and respectful and efficient. Always will to help. They make sure you are who you say are. This bank (operator) help me keep my home. I should have ask for help a little bit sooner and early stages of the loan.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Daniel, thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're glad you received the assistance you needed.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I’ve always had a good experience with Ocwen, they worked with me to get my payment lowered. They always listen to my needs and work with me to resolve them. I only have one objection and that is I don’t have access to a loan officer, it takes a few days to get an appointment.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Patricia, for taking the time to share your positive feedback! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you. If you need someone to contact you to schedule an appointment, please send a private message, and someone from our Ombudsman team will call you.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I was extremely pleased with the service offered me when I called to seek some help with my mortgage. The person I spoke with was very helpful and offered me a way to work through my problem. It’s rare these days to have a company provide such great customer service.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Robert, for your positive feedback! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're glad you received the assistance you needed.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Ocwen loan servicing has been servicing my loan for 10+ years their products are good, and they're courteous too. Right to the Point. Never had any real issues with Ocwen. However Ocwen attached a balloon payment at the end of my loan, did not inform me it was up to me to find out that indeed there was a balloon payment.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Douglas, thank you for your feedback. Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're glad you are pleased with our products and service. We do, however, apologize for your experience regarding the balloon payment. If you would like to speak to someone in our Ombudsman team regarding this, please send us a private message, and we will have someone contact you.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I have been exceedingly happy with the customer at Ocwen. Was concerned in the beginning about the servicing department being overseas. But it hasn’t had any effect on the quality. They are always very polite and offer valid solutions to any issues that have come up.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Laura, it is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read that you have been exceedingly happy with the customer service at Ocwen! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Associate was very helpful, professional and courteous when I called him with reference to the City and County taxes on my account. Any time over the years that I have had reason to call Ocwen with regards to my account they have always been friendly, and helpful.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Judith, for your feedback! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're pleased to hear we have provided you with a positive experience.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I felt comfortable talking with your rep. He took away the stress that I was up under. I would recommend your company to anyone because this is not the first time Ocwen has help me in my need of help, I appreciate the help I have been given.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I along with my agent have been working since July 2018 to successfully complete a short sale with Ocwen. My home has been under contract at least 3 times since then. I have lost three potential buyers due to Ocwen giving us the run around for the past 5 months and buyers not wanting to wait on the short sale to be approved. We are never able to speak to the same person twice when we contact customer service. We have received conflicting information from various representatives about the process and what we need for approval. I have a buyer who is ready to close this month but now Ocwen is telling us there is more paperwork that we are required to submit and it will take another 3 weeks for them to approve. I am so fed up! I am at the point of letting the home foreclose. I just want consistent information and the ability to make this short sale happen! It’s ridiculous what we’ve had to endure the past five months.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Liz, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team so they can review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

OCWEN was always on time when calling to keep appointments. They helped me with every difficult aspect of obtaining success at achieving my loan modification. Always reassured me of being there to help me.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, John, for your positive review! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you, and we're glad we were able to help you with a loan modification.

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. Company Information

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.
1988