Ocwen Financial Corp.
Ocwen Financial Corp.
Call toll free
4.11/5

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.

West Palm Beach, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ocwen Financial Corporation (Ocwen) is one of the leading mortgage servicing companies in America. We provide caring customer service and innovative mortgage solutions that help customers save money, build equity, and most importantly stay in their homes. Through our lending affiliate, Homeward Residential, Inc. (Homeward), we help customers refinance or buy their next home with HARP, Fannie Mae, and FHA mortgage options.

2960 Ocwen Financial Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I along with my agent have been working since July 2018 to successfully complete a short sale with Ocwen. My home has been under contract at least 3 times since then. I have lost three potential buyers due to Ocwen giving us the run around for the past 5 months and buyers not wanting to wait on the short sale to be approved. We are never able to speak to the same person twice when we contact customer service. We have received conflicting information from various representatives about the process and what we need for approval. I have a buyer who is ready to close this month but now Ocwen is telling us there is more paperwork that we are required to submit and it will take another 3 weeks for them to approve. I am so fed up! I am at the point of letting the home foreclose. I just want consistent information and the ability to make this short sale happen! It’s ridiculous what we’ve had to endure the past five months.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Liz, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team so they can review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

OCWEN was always on time when calling to keep appointments. They helped me with every difficult aspect of obtaining success at achieving my loan modification. Always reassured me of being there to help me.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, John, for your positive review! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you, and we're glad we were able to help you with a loan modification.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Ocwen is not a company to be trusted they are dishonest and unethical. I have had 2 bad experiences with them. I needed help and applied for a modification, followed the requirements, sent the certified check and held my mortgage as I was instructed. To my surprise I almost went into foreclosure. Ocwen denied ever receiving my modification documents and wound up charging back charges, late fees etc. I provided all the proof all documents was sent as well as phone conversations and it did not make a difference to them, they do not care.

The second incident regards forced escrow. I have lived at current residence 18 years and have always paid my taxes. January 2018 I received my monthly statement and realized I was paying over 1000 more a month. I called Ocwen to inquire why the increase and I was told it was for escrow. What, why escrow? My taxes were paid and why was I not notified of this alleged delinquency? They didn’t have an answer. After 10 months of haggling with them they finally said, "You have a escrow balance, but we are going to force you to remain in escrow because you still owe 75% of your mortgage."

Note: They are shady and certainly not for the consumer, it seems they try to find ways for the homeowner to fail and not be able to meet their financial obligations. I get it, I know Ocwen has been sued and has had class action lawsuits, but to hurt innocent hard working consumers is heartless. I don’t know how Ocwen and its workers rest their heads at night. I will try as hard as I can to get out of this Company. They are horrible.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Doris, Ocwen takes all customer feedback very seriously and we apologize for your experience. This information has been assigned to our Ombudsman team and they will be contacting you to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

The representative was very helpful with me and I felt his remorse with my situation and guided me very easily on what next steps to take, to bring my account current. I felt he did not just rush me through and I was his priority during our call. Thank you very much.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Susan, for taking the time to share your positive feedback. We are here to our customers, and we're glad our representative was able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

The Ocwen staff has been very helpful, patient and respectful throughout my Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure process. They have guided me and made suggestions when needed. I appreciate all they have done to help me out of a difficult financial situation.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Mary, thank you for the positive feedback. We are here to help our customers, and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.?

No response received
Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Went to Ocwen for loan modification, has taken months. I call weekly and they always manage to lose or need something else. I called on 12-3-18 and was told modification was approved. It was almost 2% higher and added almost $100,000 to the END of my loan! I was told that the paperwork would be sent out so we could review. We have not received paperwork and found out it was approved November 27 2018 and we were never notified. When we went to make are regular mortgage payment the website would not allow us to do so and the new higher payment was already in place! WE NEVER ACCEPTED the modification!!! Now we have to fight to get our original monthly payment back. This company is completely unethical. WE NEVER ACCEPTED THE MODIFICATION and NEVER RECEIVED the paperwork.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Terri, we apologize for your experience. We take customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns regarding your account. A member of our Ombudsman team will review the account and contact you.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Going thru a loan modification, the service representatives have been pleasant, helpful and informative. Always treated with respect. Everyone goes thru hard time and it's nice to not be disrespected for having issues.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Nancy, for taking the time to share your positive experience. We are here to help our customers and we're glad you are pleased with the service provided by our representatives. If you should have any questions or concerns regarding your loan modification, please send us a private message, and we can have someone in our Ombudsman team contact you.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Pleasant experience with customer service. I received a letter and wanted it explained to me. I was told that I was okay on my mortgage and there was nothing to worry about. I was glad to hear the good news. I'm a happy customer.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Donald, for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted that you are pleased with our customer service.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I am in the throes of applying for a loan modification. I am a senior citizen who lives on a fixed income (social security) and presently have an ARM (which seems to keep going up.) I have lived in this house for close to 40 years. I would surely hate to lose it due to unfortunate events in my life (divorce and etc.). The people I have been dealing with have been very nice.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Leo, for taking the time to share your feedback. If you have questions regarding the loan modification application or if there's anything you need assistance with, please send us a private message, and our Ombudsman team will contact you.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Having Ocwen finance our mortgage has been an awesome experience! Even when we got behind on our mortgage they still accommodated us as if we never got behind on our mortgage. We feel as though we are family members with Ocwen.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Shernita, for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen! We are here to help our customers and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

We have to wire our payment. Many times we pay 3 months in advance and it doesn’t get posted. We have been placed in foreclosure yet have proof of payment. Can never to speak with anyone in the US. We have paperwork proving the original difficulty began with a previous lender placing owners insurance on the home. It was already included in the payment. Now with interest we owe quite a bit of money that should not have been charged in the first place. We know it, proved it, have a letter from Ocwen saying they know it. And yet I am still in foreclosure.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Sherrie, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Thank you so much to the wonderful lady by the name of Loan **, that has been weekly making appointments with me and helping me get all my paperwork together. She was so patient and helpful. She represents your company in the highest form of customer service which is what keeps customers satisfied and brings in new business, which is the lifeline of any company.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Rachel, for taking the time to share your positive feedback! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to read your comments about the excellent customer service you received. We will ensure your feedback is shared with this agent.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

My experience with Ocwen has always been positive. Agents are professional and knowledgeable. They are always helpful. I will always be grateful for Ocwen working with us to save our home when we were so desperate. My kids were in grade school then. We now have a college grad working for the state of California, 2 kids in Medical school and 1 senior in college graduating soon and heading to Medical school too. Thank you.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Winnie! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

The customer service person was knowledgeable with the questions concerning my pay off loan. She also gave me important information that I was not aware of. She would ask me several times during our conversation if I understood.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Kenneth, for your positive review. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Thank you so much for Ocwen open door policy, returning calls and answering questions for elderly. People been concerning is very important. We fell on hard times because of health. Now our kids helping we are back on track. Thank YOU Ocwen Bank for the modification. YOUR Team was outstanding and amazing. My kids said thank you for understanding their elderly parents in a time of need. Stay understanding your Elderly???

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Virgil, for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen. We are here to help our customers and we're glad we were able to assist you and your family with a modification.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I called my relationship manager to ask why they sold the servicing of my note to another servicer. I really liked Ocwen and would have liked to stay with Ocwen. I was with IndyMac since I bought my house in 99 and refinanced with IndyMac around 2005. I really liked working with the assigned relationship managers Scott **, Ray ** and James. Due to a funding issue, I was late with my payment by 3 days and got cancelled from the modification program. I asked for the new servicers contact information so I may pick up where I left off and hope to complete a modification very soon. Thank you for the great customer service during my time with Ocwen.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Carol, for taking the time to send us your feedback. We appreciate your comments about the great customer service you received from Ocwen, and we hope you are able to complete your modification with your new servicer.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My Experience with Ocwen has been and is always the BEST. Any home owner would love the way that Ocwen cares and strives to make your situation better!! OCWEN CARES, that beats all... I thank them for always helping me to the point of joyous tears, love this company!!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Pamela, we are delighted with your positive review! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad that you are happy with the service provided by Ocwen.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

It has been our pleasure to work with Ocwen Loan Servicing. They are professional, courteous and informative. They have counseled us on different occasions throughout the course of our mortgage and offered comprehensive strategies to stay on track and save money. We are thankful for their services and would absolutely recommend to a friend and have done so in the past. The Relationship Managers are helpful and understanding.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Beatrice, for taking the time to share your positive feedback and for the recommendation! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to hear you are pleased with the service provided.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

My experience was that I was a loyal customer for many years making on time payments. In the event I wasn't able to make a payment due to their website not working on my android phone (my standard way of making a payment because I didn't have a computer at the time). They dinged me with a late mark on my credit reports. Years later I have attempted to have the mark removed and they prove to be a typical ruthless financial institution. Investing resources in order to attempt to prove me wrong and hence call me a liar just in order to not change the false late payment report.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Rich, we would like to review this for you; however, we are unable to locate your account with the information provided. Please send us a private message with your phone number so we can have someone contact you. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Ocwen acquired my mortgage loan in April 2012. I was already in a mortgage modification with my previous servicer at a very affordable monthly payment. Ocwen refused to honor that modification, compelled me to apply for a new modification directly through them, approved me, however at a much higher, unaffordable monthly payment. Despite my providing very accurate and proper documentation proving my case, Ocwen just disregarded the evidence. Having much higher monthly payments has caused a great deal of stress and extreme hardship for me and my family. I fell behind again - and now I am told that they cannot approve another modification because I am at my maximum amount of modifications allowed. This is totally wrong! I need Ocwen to help me get back on track by approving a modification, and at an affordable amount (as with my previous Saxon modification).

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Joanna, we apologize for your experience and we are forwarding your information to our Ombudsman team for a review of your account. They will be contacting you to discuss this further.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I'd simply like to share that I've been dealing with Ocwen for years, now. I have always gotten answers to my questions and I've always hung up from phone conversations with a good feeling. World-class customer service.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Naomi, for taking the time to share your positive experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional experience and we appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Several times I have been able to modify my loan with Ocwen at my hardships. If it wasn't for their ability to approve my modifications I honestly would be homeless. They have been quick to respond to my questions all the personnel and been very clear to answer. Thank you for another successful modification Ocwen!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Alfred, for your positive feedback. Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're glad we were able to assist you with a modification.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I gave the gentleman a score of 10 as he earned the highest score. He was patient and asked questioned. I was frustrated from not being able to make a payment online due to Owen changing their website with no notice and then extra frustrated when my payment came back refused from bill pay services from my bank. He spent almost an hour helping me set up the new way to be able to pay and let me know to change the address bill pay has in case I use that method again as well. Had he called and just acted like a debt collector to harass instead of assist I would have just hung up in frustration.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Danette, thank you for your positive feedback regarding the customer service provided by Vincente. We do apologize for the frustration you experienced due to the website change. If you need additional assistance, please send us a private message and someone in our Ombudsman group will contact you.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Inconsistencies with escrow account, and entire bill. Overcharged for escrow re: homeowners insurance, even after lower rate, continued to charge $277/mo, always stated I had a negative balance, when my attorney I was overcharged, and should get a refund!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Vera, we apologize for your experience. We take customer feedback very seriously, and we appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Our Ombudsman team has been engaged to review your account in detail and will reach out to you. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

We moved recently. When we received a forwarded statement by mail, I made an attempt to log on to the Ocwen website to update my mailing address. Since the account in question is a HELOC, we are being told that this cannot be done online. So we call. It takes a full 2 minutes on a computer-guided menu, receiving information that I am either aware of myself (as what my last month's payment was), or information that I am not interested in, until I finally talk to a representative. I am then being told that he cannot process my change of address request, and that I need to write a letter and mail that in.

So let's summarize: What is possible with any other bank, credit card company, or brokerage firm (namely to make address changes online), is not possible with Ocwen. I spend 15 minutes on the phone, then I would have to spend another 15 minutes to type up a letter, maybe another 1/2 hour to run to the post office, for the simple request of a change of mailing address? I told the Ocwen rep that this is not very customer-centric, and that I made an effort to let them know that we had moved, and that if they continue to mail statements to the old, invalid address, then so be it. This is a terrible way of doing business. You would think that what any other financial service company is capable of doing in the 21st century, should be possible with Ocwen as well. Wake up guys and focus on the customer!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Daniel, we take customer feedback very seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Our Ombudsman team has been given this information and will contact you to discuss this further. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Have changed my payments several times and have asked some questions others take for granted. I'm always treated with respect and have always received friendly service. I'd recommend them without hesitation based on my 10 years experiences!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Scott, for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen. We are here to help our customers and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with your experience.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I must say Ocwen has outstanding customer service, their reps are very helpful in issue, complaints, questions etc. They take the time out to solve the questions or issue, they also follow up with a relationship manager call making sure your issues are taken care of. Love their service & will always do business with them. Outstanding Merchant.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Brendalee, thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're glad to hear about the outstanding customer service you have received. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

As a person who was faced with financial difficulties after losing employment, Ocwen was instrumental in the process of getting my financial situation back together. Ocwen made the process of modifying my home loan understandable with their effective communication during the process. I would highly recommend them to anyone at any time. Two thumbs up to Ocwen and thank you.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Daniel, for the positive review and the recommendation. Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Ocwen appraise my home above the value of the property. I had it appraisal twice. The appraisal came in about 200 thousand lower. Third time Ocwen had one did and it came in lower but I still had to pay interest on 735.000 thousand about 180-200 thousand higher.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Rosetta, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously and we would like to discuss the concerns you have expressed in the Consumer Affairs review. Your information has been forwarded to our Ombudsman team and they will be in contact with you to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I called concerning an insurance claim check that needed to be endorsed. I was afraid that I would have to talk to ten different people before I reached the person who could help me, and I was afraid that I would send the check and it would get lost in a mountain of paperwork. However, when I called, I only spoke to two people -- the person who answered the phone, and the person who was able to help me. Both were very courteous and professional, but also personable.

She told me the procedures, which were very simple, and gave me the address that I needed to send the check to. She assured me that the process only took a couple of days and my check would be mailed back immediately within one to two business days. I didn't feel as if I was talking to a major corporation full of robotic employees. I was talking to one person who knew how to help me. I appreciated that very much. I only wish I had written her ID number down so that I could give her credit.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Heather, for the positive review. We are happy to hear of the agents' professionalism and that you received the assistance needed.

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. Company Information

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.
1988