Ocwen Financial Corp.
Ocwen Financial Corp.
4.05/5
Based on 450 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.

West Palm Beach, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ocwen Financial Corporation (Ocwen) is one of the leading mortgage servicing companies in America. We provide caring customer service and innovative mortgage solutions that help customers save money, build equity, and most importantly stay in their homes. Through our lending affiliate, Homeward Residential, Inc. (Homeward), we help customers refinance or buy their next home with HARP, Fannie Mae, and FHA mortgage options.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 15, 2018

2670 Ocwen Financial Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Ocwen has been very responsive to my needs as a homeowner. I was in need of a modification and my case was handled efficiently and courteously. I was contacted and kept in the loop at all phases and most importantly, I feel that they really listened to my situation. I am pleased with the result.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Monique, thank you for sharing your experience with Ocwen. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you, and we're glad we were able to assist you with a modification.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Ocwen was a big help in my family keeping our home, they worked with us to get through the Harp. During and after that and currently anytime I need help or clarification they are always easy to get on the phone, they always talk clear and have great data, they ask good questions and always have been understanding and are clear about what is possible. This is a great company that really does solve problems, it would not be saying too much that at least in my case Ocwen even achieves morality, which is difficult to do in a for-profit business. Ocwen might be the best customer service company in the United States.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Samuel, it is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

My experience with Ocwen has always been exceptional. When we went paperless, I didn't check my statements for several months causing our online account to become inactive. That resulted in our not being able to log in. I called customer service expecting an unfriendly, condescending representative to scold me and make it difficult to reset our account. I found the opposite. The man was kind, friendly, and helpful. He had us back on track in just a few minutes. What a relief! I am a satisfied client.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Deborah, thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're glad to hear our customer service representative was able to quickly reset your account and get you back online.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Shannon ** was great and she does her job very well. Please make her a manager. She is great in short sale department and any other department. She is an asset to your company. If you have any questions please feel free to call **.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Marc, thank you for sharing your feedback about the service provided by Shannon. We will ensure your feedback is shared with both Shannon and her manager.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I would not be in my home if it were not for the programs offered by Ocwen. I have established an amazing relationship with my relationship manager. Whenever I share my experiences with friends and family, they often tell me their mortgage company is not like that. I know of people who lost their homes because the mortgage company would not work with them. I am grateful for Ocwen.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Yolanda, for your review! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are pleased to hear of the amazing relationship you have with your relationship manager. We will ensure your comments are shared with her.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Re-assignment of a "suspense payment" - The customer service representative was very helpful and seemed to want to resolve my issue. Prompt and left nothing out, even noticing a payment I was not aware of. Excellent service!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Terry, thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience. We are happy to hear our customer service representative was able to assist you with your issue and that you are happy with the service provided.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

The customer service is very friendly and advisable, always respond properly with respect and care. I really appreciate their service and I have no issues or complaint with them. Keep up the good work.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

James, we appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience. We value your feedback!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I made a payment which was partially destroyed in the mail and returned to me. The payment was late by the time it was returned. I contacted the company and was immediately put at ease about the situation. The person was very professional, courteous and informative. No late fees were charged and my payment history remains clean. I was impressed with the thoroughness and speed of the transaction.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Herbert, thank you for your positive review about the service provided by Ocwen. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Ocwen has consistently been in favor of my needs as a homeowner. The Compassion that they show for a person, with real everyday problems, one they could relate to as a customer, not a 1/5 multiple choice format to choose from employee, at a Mortgage company that is trained to answer the phone's for the day, tell the customer about their multiple choice questions offered up in order to be able to further assist them. Well as we all know, life is , and always will be , Just one surprise after another, some good, some bad, but definitely fall under much more than a 1-5 odds that all & everyone's individual, circumstances, would have A LOT more, multiple reasons why they need compassion and understanding with their individual circumstances.

Help them, us with what we really need or want to keep us happy, in our homes continuing our dreams, relating to it and caring enough to make sure we get all our best options and answers for our questions. I would like to be able to make sure everyone knows that Ocwen is the answer for your needs as a homeowner, mortgage company, relationship when purchasing your home, for real help as your mortgage company you can expect to receive the customer care you hope for and deserve as a homeowner and a person.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Patricia, it is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Ocwen has been very good about keeping scheduled appointment calls and striving for ways to help my family when we have had financial struggles to avoid losing our home. Our relationship manager has always been very courteous and professional.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Charles, for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that you're pleased with your experience working with Ocwen.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Account taken out of escrow without any notice. Continue to include escrow payment in monthly payments. Have been trying to get this issue fixed since June 2017 and still not resolved.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Linda, we sincerely apologize for your experience with Ocwen and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. We will share this with the Ombudsman team member you are working with. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

We refinanced our home in Springfield, VA through Ocwen Financial Service. When a problem arose or I requested some documentation about the servicing of the loan, Ocwen was readily there to assist. We recently sold our home to retire to North Carolina thus ending a good relationship with our lender.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Henry, for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen. We are here to help our customers and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you. Enjoy your retirement!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

My experience with Ocwen Financial has been very positive. Their employees are always friendly, professional, very helpful, & if the person you're talking to doesn’t have the answers they are more than happy to find the right person to help you. I’ve been with Ocwen for several years and have not experienced any bad occasions. I would recommend to a friend or family member.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Gregory, we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback! Thank you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

My wife and daughter had a terrible accident and my daughter died at 24 yrs old. My wife is now permanent disabled. The Ocwen people don't care and instead of helping me modified her mortgage has destroyed her credit. She is on social security disability and Ocwen violated the credit reporting act ,and destroyed my disabled wife's credit. As a result they are kicking my disabled wife and me and other children out of my own home. I asked them just to modify the mortgage so my wife can pass in her own home. Ocwen destroyed my wife's credit and made it impossible to get her medication. I need someone to help us. Please.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

David, we'd like to extend our condolences to you and your family. We appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Our Ombudsman team has been engaged to review your account in detail and will reach out to you. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Your customer service rep was quite helpful and very knowledgeable. I very much appreciate your quick time in answering my call and when I was placed on hold it was for a very brief time. I wish all companies had as helpful and people friendly reps as you guys have. Thank you so much. I never have had a bad experience in calling you.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Greg, thank you for sharing your feedback with Ocwen! We are here to help our customers, and we appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I have contacted Ocwen Servicing multiple times on my mom's loan, it is incredibly frustrating trying to work with this company and even more frustrating that they are completely ignorant to the fact that what they are doing is illegal. Here are some of the issues I am trying to get resolved: Ocwen neglected to pay the Home Owners Insurance on time and the policy was cancelled. They are collecting double for the taxes due on the home, I have contacted them and they justify this by stating that they did a escrow forecast for the previous year and this is what they accessed for the what they should be collecting, the taxes are 5119 annually, they are collecting 9,756.

My mom's loan is in default because she can't make the elevated incorrect payment, she is on a fixed income and has since tried sending them payments to keep her home and Ocwen keeps sending the payments back and tacking on more and more fees... This has to be illegal, this is the worst company I have ever dealt with, they mishandle funds, incorrectly assess taxes, neglect to pay taxes and insurance on time and take advantage of older homeowners who don't have the means to defend themselves, if there are any attorneys that can assist please let me know, thank you so much.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Carlos, we apologize for your experience. We take customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns regarding your mother's account. A member of our Ombudsman team will review the account and contact you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I've had Ocwen for several years now, over 5 and I have to say I have not had any problems with them servicing my home mortgage. They have worked with me on any problems I've had which have not been many. Helped with modification loans when I have gone through job changes. Overall the service has been great.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Great feedback, Cortina! We are here to help our customers, and we appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Purchased house in 2004 with, what are real estate agent describe as "creative financing". One primary lender (Adjustable Rates), and a secondary lender (Balloon). Due to unforeseen circumstances we fell behind on both mortgages. In February, 2017 we had a house fire, totally gutting one bedroom and heavy smoke damage to bath, living room and kitchen. (Insurance was for "structure only".) When we were finally able to live in the house again (10 weeks) I started working with lenders to work out arrangements with them.

The primary lender worked with us and we are now in our fifth month of that agreement. Secondary lender (Ocwen) requested additional paperwork which needed to be received by them no later than November 3, 2017. I faxed requested paperwork to them on October 23, 2017, (I have confirming fax receipt). Waited for confirmation, and on December 6 were served with a Notice to Quit, as of January 15, 2018. I contacted lender explaining all, they asked for a copy of confirmation receipt, which I faxed to them, along with all the original paperwork faxed in October).

Today they informed me there is nothing they can do. I have no where to take my family. My husband barely gets around now (two hips and one knee replacement). My daughter who lives with us, along with my three grandchildren, has been at Bristol Hospital, Behavioral Medicine wing since December 31 with severe anxiety and depression. Dissatisfied doesn't even cover it.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Carol, we take customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Our Ombudsman team will contact you to discuss this further.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

My husband had became disabled in August of 2017. He no longer has an income. He was finally approved for permanent disability but will not receive payments until March of 2018. He receives $154.00 per week for temporary disablement. This is obviously not enough money to pay all the bills and the mortgage. His permanent amount will not be enough either. We struggled with what to do and finally chose to do a deed in lieu. Ocwen has been extremely courteous and understanding. They have never made us feel bad about our decision. We truly appreciate them!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Jane, we appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

It is always a pleasure to speak with my relationship manager. He is polite and sympathetic to my hardship. However, there were many attempts to lower my payments. My wife is fighting an illness which increases medical expenses in addition to the cost of health insurance. I am currently behind with payments and need their help. I'm receiving threatening letters regarding foreclosure. We have no option to leave our home. Final modification paperwork had been sent to me for signature too late which forced me to reapply. This increased our balance. Now, the balance is twice the amount of purchase 14 years ago. I have a new manager now. Hoping for the best and praying.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Michael, we take customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Even though you are now working with a new relationship manager, our Ombudsman team has been engaged to review your account in detail and will contact you to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

My Wife and I have been very satisfied with the service we have received since we were switched to OCWEN from our previous Mortgage Company GE. They helped us with lowering our Mortgage Payment by President Obama's program. However we will have to pay a Balloon payment at the end of the term. They have said they will work with us should we ever have a problem that would cause us to not be able to make our Mortgage payment. Other than that all is good between us and OCWEN.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Ronald, for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen. We are here to help our customers and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I contacted Ocwen when my insurance company sent me a letter asking about unpaid homeowners insurance. Their response was immediate but was encrypted and was not sure how to obtain it as I am not computer educated.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Gloria, for taking the time to share your feedback. If you need someone to contact you regarding the encryption, please send a private message, and someone from our Ombudsman team will contact you.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

My house was in early stages of foreclosure, AND at last minute OCWEN was able to get me a deal by which payments were lowered, temporarily but lowered enough that when I DO refinance it will be easier, BECAUSE I have been and will continue to make the monthly payment.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Anthony, thank you for your feedback. We are here to help our customers, and we appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I have experienced very positive feedback from Ocwen Loan Servicing company representatives. Any question I have had has been answered quickly and in a timely manner. I am very appreciative of the service I have received. Their attention to detail is also appreciated. Thank you for your service.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Catherine, thank you for this review! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are happy with the service provided by our Ocwen reps.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

My account remains past due after many years and no fault of mine. When my loan was transferred to Ocwen, it showed I had missed a payment. I never missed not one payment on this account and was always on time. But the company before Ocwen took one of my payments and put it in escrow, when after several months they discovered the error they said they would fix it. They did not, the account transferred to Ocwen. Ocwen said it was not their problem, they could not fix it., So I have written several letters, no solution.

This payment is a large one with high interest, I should not have to come up with an extra $1000 because of someone else's error. But I have dropped thru the cracks and no one will fix or help. They could taken the payment back out of escrow. Homeowners always have to pay escrow as dictated anyway, it would have been no problem. Until 2 years ago I worked two jobs and did not have the time to sit on the phone trying to resolve this, Now I am dealing with a hip issue and don't have time or heart to play games but I am not now or never have been late on my payments. I DO NOT OWE ANY LATE CHARGES AND TELL THEM SO EVERY MONTH WHEN I MAKE MY PAYMENT.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Denise, Ocwen takes all feedback very seriously, and we apologize for your frustration. Your information has been sent to our Ombudsman team to review your account and they will contact you to discuss further.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I've had a wonderful experience with Ocwen. They saved me money by sharing the HAMP program with me. Anytime I call customer service, they are friendly and efficient. I feel fortunate to have this company holding my mortgage. I hope they will be around a long time.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Charcella, thank you for sharing your positive feedback with Ocwen! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you, and we're glad you were able to benefit from the HAMP program.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I recently made a call to Ocwen regarding my mortgage. The representative was very professional and pleasant to deal with. They were knowledgeable about my issue and advised me on a solution. The representative was easy to understand and I felt that they gave me the attention I needed (without making me feel rushed). This was an extremely pleasant experience for me! Thank you!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Sia! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with us.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

To my knowledge and experience, Ocwen is to me the best mortgage company in the world. They care about their customers and nothing can beat that. Anyone came to me asking about a mortgage company, I would send them to Ocwen. They are the BEST.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Cheryl, we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback! Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

When speaking to the customer service representative I felt comfortable and at ease while explaining my financial situation. At all times during the past year I never felt ashamed or pressured regarding my delinquent account. Your employees have been compassionate and understanding. Thank you!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Susan, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to read your feedback about the service provided by our employees.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I never had problems with my mortgage payments, One day my mortgage invoices came from Ocwen. Now I have nothing but problems and frustrations, not counting with the enormous amount of trash mail begging for refinancing applications. Last month they refused to cash my mortgage check sent on the 1st, then they told me that I needed to pay over the phone with fees added, I had to beg them to dismiss the fees, and they assured me that they would not cash the check I had already submitted, but if they did and the check had a stop order, that they would charge me another horrible fee, even though they already got a second payment over the phone. Well, they did cash the check on the 17th. A double payment of over $3000 each ($6000) was taken in one month. Nothing but crooks and irresponsible organization. I'm out of Ocwen and in the process of refinancing through a different lender. No more Ocwen thank God.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Luiz, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously, and we sincerely apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail.

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. Company Information

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.
1988
www.ocwen.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use