Ocwen Financial Corp.
Ocwen Financial Corp.
Call toll free
4.08/5

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.

West Palm Beach, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ocwen Financial Corporation (Ocwen) is one of the leading mortgage servicing companies in America. We provide caring customer service and innovative mortgage solutions that help customers save money, build equity, and most importantly stay in their homes. Through our lending affiliate, Homeward Residential, Inc. (Homeward), we help customers refinance or buy their next home with HARP, Fannie Mae, and FHA mortgage options.

2898 Ocwen Financial Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

My experience with Ocwen has been great. They are very helpful and friendly and try to help me as much as they can with my mortgage payments. I would definitely recommend Ocwen to my family/ friends.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Margalie, for your positive feedback and recommendation. We are glad to hear that you're pleased with your experience working with Ocwen.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Hello my experience with Ocwen is extraordinary, for 3 times and had to make modification and Ocwen has always helped me, I have always helper. I have no words to thank him because they always help so that peoples like me do not lose our homes. Thank you and many blessing for your employees and executives. God bless you always.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Ana! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Recently changed house insurance. Ocwen helped me to send refund to my escrow very easily. They always work with me on my mortgage to keep my mortgage at a payment I can afford to stay in my home and not have to stress about where I am gonna live the rest of my life.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Diane! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you, and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

My experience with Ocwen has been great. They are very helpful and friendly and try to help you as much as they can with your mortgage payments. My relationship manager is very nice and explain everything to you, she take time with you. I would definitely recommend Ocwen to my family and friends.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Rebecca, thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback and for the recommendation! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to read your feedback about the service provided by your relationship manager.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Great customer service. She gave me some wonderful and helpful advice and resources. She was very uplifting especially when I didn't know where to turn for mortgage assistance. She listened and gave feedback to try and keep me in my home.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Valerie, for taking the time to share your positive feedback! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to read your comments about the excellent customer service and helpful advice given by Chauntagua. We will ensure your feedback is shared with her.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I rated them so high because the escrow specialist did a great job! I could not even understand the initial call taker and I’m pretty sure she did not understand me. The woman from the escrow section was awesome! She was informative, professional and articulate in her understandable explanation!!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Anita, for your feedback! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to read your comments about the excellent customer service provided by Deshai. If there is anything you need additional assistance with, please send us a private message, and we can have someone from our Ombudsman team contact you.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Ocwen has reported to my credit a foreclosure... my home was never in foreclosure. They were modifying it and it sold during the process and they were paid IN FULL. I’ve written letters and they still have not removed it from my credit!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Gina, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Courteous and always eager to provide answers to my questions. You are doing a good job. But cant understand the reason for the announcement "This is an attempt to collect a debt", even when I am the one calling, and you don't know why I am calling. Are you primarily a debt collection agency.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Paschal, for your positive review. As a mortgage servicer, we collect, or attempt to collect, debts owed to others, so, yes, Ocwen can be considered a debt collector. As such, we provide the disclosure you referenced so that consumers are fully aware that Ocwen can be considered a debt collector in some instances.

No response received
Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I had my home mortgage loan acquired by Ocwen Loan Servicing in 2005 through a buyout from my last mortgage co… TWICE they have put me behind on my mortgage payments now over the past several years by rejection of my payments stating that for whatever bogus reasons they rejected the payments due to late payment (more than 30 days) late... Thinking I could just make two payments at once the first time it happened. My mistake…

They had been rejecting the payments I was making through MoneyGram and stated that if you are more than 30 days late you can't just "catch up on the payments" without going through some stupid loan remod crap or other scam deal they offer...just to add more money to your loan pay off amount. These people are ridiculous!! Now yet again they are telling me that I would need to do another loan remod...because of a late payment on a "disaster relief plan" that I entered into as of Oct 2017 after a hurricane hit my house/fence… They worked out this plan that has turned into yet another nightmare with Ocwen…just like everything else they do!!

I was told that I could make repayment amounts of $300 plus dollars in addition to my regular monthly mortgage amount and those amounts would be deferred until Feb 2018 x 4 payments… They're now telling me that my mortgage is 11 months past due!!! What in the **... I have received one letter stated that they rejected my payment that was made for Aug 2018. That's the only one I have received to date… That's what spurred me to question as to why it was rejected??

I spoke with 3 people on the phone today 10/24/18…only to find out that I have to pay over $9,000.00 in order to catch up my loan or to do another loan remod and probably add another damn balloon payment to the end of my already upside down mortgage!!! This is ludicrous!!! How does this mortgage company still exist?? Constantly ripping people off... Tons of complaints on this website and other consumer affairs type sites and the BBB!!

How is this possible that this company can foreclose on someone's home and do illegal transactions with escrow funds and numerous other sketchy dealings with people's mortgages… And still be in business??? I have had it with Ocwen!!! This time I am retaining an attorney…using all the payments over the several months that they have rejected and that are still in limbo hopefully with MoneyGram!!! And retaining legal representation!!! I am also reporting them to every agency known to man!!! Including my state representatives!!! Thanks for NOTHING!!! OCWEN!!! Takers of hard earned money and hard working Americans' sanity everywhere!!!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Michelle, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously, and we apologize for the issues you have experienced. This has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review and they will be reaching out to you. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

OCWEN has been consistently helpful, with very polite and thorough staff members. They have provided extraordinary service and resolved issues to the benefit of the customer. They have streamlined the administrative and documentation to make it efficient and timely.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, David, for your positive review. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I recently sent my 2 ON TIME mortgage payment by certified mail (no return receipt) as I always do to Ocwen because they once lost a payment and it was a nightmare to resolve. This recent incident which I am writing about, USPS showed the payment delivered to their address within the date due period, but no one signed for it, therefore the payment went back into USPS hands which then USPS could not find. I followed up immediately with Ocwen (before they called me) to tell them about the now lost payment with tracking number as well. I asked them what to do, then acting in good faith I came to the conclusion to resend the payment overnight delivery to resolve issue as quickly as possible and called customer service to tell them of the progress.

I later again called customer service to follow up on them receiving the newly issued payment. I also asked about late fees and two separate times customer service people told me because of my excellent history of ten years or more the late fees would be waived. Well sure enough the newest statement came and guess what? The late fees were there. So I called Ocwen, explained situation, while on the phone the representative went online to USPS tracking, saw that my payment was at their location on time, but they did not sign for it.

I was then told "well since the late fee has been applied I nor anyone can change it". I asked to speak to a higher up and was told I would only get the same answer and if I went higher up than that they wouldn't take my call. If someone reads this from Ocwen please have the decency to recognize customers that have been loyal and proactive in resolving a problem instead of hiding behind a very unpersonal and discouraging company policy or agenda.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Charles, Ocwen takes all feedback very seriously, and we sincerely apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team for review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Ocwen Loan Servicing has been our first mortgage servicer for many years now. They have provided us with excellent customer service and have helped us during difficult times with total understanding and compassion. Our recent loan modification was completed easily and stress free with the help of our personal modification Specialist, Trevor. He was always kind, understanding, and timely with each appointment. He made the process simple and helped get us back on track, and all without judgement. We are grateful Ocwen has helped us keep our home after a very rough couple years.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Shannon, for taking the time to share your positive feedback! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to read your comments about the excellent customer service provided by Trevor. We will ensure your feedback is shared with him.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Called Ocwen to verify recent payment made through Western Speedpay posted. Was treated in a quick efficient manner that fully answered my question. While on the phone, was able to ask more questions about other issues, because the agent I was speaking with was so knowledgeable.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Kim, thank you for your positive feedback. Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're glad we were able to assist you.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

The company has been exceptionally well done. Customer service is excellent to clients. They care about how the client handles the financial aspects of the loan process. I recommend them highly because of their performance as a mortgage process.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Debra, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to read your feedback about the excellent service provided by our customer service team.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

It started 1 month after my husband passed away. I continued to make my monthly mortgage payments on time, In November of the same year I received notice that Ocwen had paid 2500 for my homeowner's insurance when previously it was only 731 a month. Took 4 months to get that straight. Sent Ocwen a check for 1800 to escrow Then they informed me my mortgage was going up from 642 to 842 a month. Paid 842 a month for the following year. Was informed it would go back to 642. They said we didn't send in enough.

So all payments sent in since weren't credited because it was a partial payment. I was informed I would have to do a loan modification or risk foreclosure. Told me to send in 1000 for down payment of loan modification. Sent in 1000, they received it on August 23rd. They stamped on front of money order that it was received on the 23rd and sent the money order back to me and said it wasn't received. Sent same money order back two times now and it has been returned. They informed me that I had to send in 1162 a month to get caught back up by October 29. I sent cashier check on October 4th. It was returned to me on Thursday October 18th with a letter saying wasn't sufficient amount. I'm at my wit's end. I have jumped through all their hurdles and they still want to take my home. I'm a disabled 64 year old woman who Ocwen wants to be homeless.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Connie, Ocwen takes all customer feedback very seriously and it is our goal to make every attempt to resolve your concerns. This information has been forwarded to our Ombudsman team to review your account and contact you to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Lost my job in 2009 due to economy. Filed for bankruptcy in 2011. OCWEN lost or did not have proper documentation or signatures on documents always asking for more time. Bankruptcy dragged on for 2 years until the court ordered OCWEN to have things ready by a stated date. Almost 1 1/2 years after the bankruptcy, OCWEN refused our payments saying we were behind on our mortgage. We weren't. We decided to sell our property, OCWEN has not allowed the sale, even after being contacted by a property lawyer we hired and the buyer's lawyer.

1 year later, the seller no longer wants due to no answers from OCWEN to us or to the what would have been buyer. We also sent certified letters telling OCWEN since they won't allow the sale, we would walk away from the home and they can deal with it. Still no answers or replies. I lived in the home for 19 years and never thought this would be the way I would have to leave it. When you do call and get someone that speaks English, they are unable to answer questions or explain why we are in the situation with them we are in. I guess the good news from them was a letter saying they were going to sue us (received over a year ago). Good! I look forward to finally getting some answers. Hopefully they will have their paperwork in hand since that always seems to be a problem for them. Hopefully it doesn't take them 20 years to do so. If your mortgage is ever sold to them, all I can say is good luck and try to refinance with someone reputable.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Anthony, we apologize for your experience. We take customer feedback very seriously, and we appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Our Ombudsman team has been engaged to review your account in detail and will reach out to you. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Excellent and friendly staff and customer support. Whenever I have a problem they are here to help me in any way they can. The staff members are always friendly, courteous and helpful. I have been a member for years and customer support has always been there to help me.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Meredith, we are delighted to read your feedback about the excellent customer support you have received from our staff, and we appreciate the time you spent to share your experience.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Excellent employee that answered my questions. Actually every time I have called Ocwen for assistance I have always been treated very kindly with sincerity. All major companies should treat their customers the same.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Wade, we are delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback! Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Always have excellent experience. The team members make sure my needs are met. They are always courtesy and professional. I would kindly recommend to a friend. Thank you them for doing business with me.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Yvonne, thank you for the positive review and recommendation! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are happy to hear that you are pleased with the service provided by our Ocwen team members.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Ocwen Loan Servicing is very understanding of their customers' circumstances and really go above and beyond to help you keep your home. Ocwen is very good at helping their customers with a lot of options that fit their needs. I Thank them so much for all they have done for me. I work very hard to buy my home. I want to keep it.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

MaryEllen, we are delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! We do care about keeping our customers in their homes, and we're glad we were able to assist you. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

The relationship manager at Ocean loan service LLC was outstanding in relation to my needed help. He was very polite and patient. He was very determined to help and come to a very successful solution. Please always those who need help to keep their house. May God bless you and the company. THANK YOU.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Huguette, for your positive review! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we are delighted to hear of the outstanding service you received from your Relationship Manager. We will ensure your feedback is shared with him.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I cannot believe in the modern age of computers and electronic commerce that Ocwen Loan Services LLC is now charges $7.50/month to process a mortgage payment unless you go paperless. I do not go paperless for various reasons and do not do automatic payments for other reasons. Although you might be the 4th largest lender, you do earn the right to be 1st in customer complaints. Because of your September 2018 change and my unwillingness like many other to go 100% electronic and use only free electronic payments, I'm having to revert to how everyone paid bills years ago. I'll receive your bill. I'll write out a check, and I'll mail the check.

I need to commend your company for giving jobs to people instead of computers. Now, we have the mail people processing and delivering more mail, have people in your business centers processing checks, and have people at other financial institutes processing checks. Another dissatisfied customer without any way to turn except to contact my local representatives to see whether we can pass laws in this state to make this type of "for pay" electronic processing made illegal.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. Ocwen takes all feedback seriously, and we appreciate the time you spent to send us your feedback. I see you spoke with one of our Customer Service agents yesterday regarding the policy change we recently implemented. If your issue is unresolved or if you have additional questions, please send us a private message and someone from our Ombudsman team will contact you. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Your interest rates on our home mortgage is high and not reality based. It creates undue stress on seniors who want to keep their beautiful homes both for their children and themselves. Drop your interest rates to more affordable realistic numbers. Thank you!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Antonio, we appreciate you taking the time to send us your feedback, and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Your information has been forwarded to our Ombudsman team and they will be in contact with you to discuss this further.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Asked for proof and date of proof, regarding payoff of house. Just for my wife's and my records. They were easy to talk to and even though it has been a year or so, they had no problem getting information and sending it to me. We are very grateful.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Daniel! We appreciate the time you spent to share your positive feedback.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Your customer care person was very helpful. Your changing off your webpage made it very hard to pay bills. On your old webpage, you were able to pay additional principals and escrow, on the new page it was change.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Thomas, for taking the time to provide your feedback. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this change may have caused, and we are glad to see you were able to talk to someone in our customer care department. If there is anything outstanding you need assistance with, please send us a private message.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Alfredo was courteous, prompt and offered assistance to my needs. My plans are to add to our home, landscaping, and reduce debts. Also plan to travel to Rome, Italy and visit Assisi and other Holy places.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Dolores, for taking the time to share your positive feedback with Ocwen! Your plans for your home and your travels sound wonderful!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I have been with Ocwen for several years. When you call Ocwen the recording says, "helping customers is what we do." That is exactly the truth!! They have helped my family time and time again. I will be a customer for life and would recommend them to any and everyone!!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Barry, thank you for the positive feedback and recommendation! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

When I was at an all time low, Ocwen made it possible for me to keep my family home of now 62 years. They always are willing to work with me in every circumstance. They provided me with a loan modification making it possible to keep my family home. They are superior in going the extra mile.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Deborah, for your positive review! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you, and we're glad we were able to help you with a loan modification.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Since losing my mother at the end of 2016 Ocwen has been so understanding and such a blessing to do business with. Their empathy and willingness to work with my circumstances have kept me from losing my home. I never once felt berated by anyone because I fell behind on my payments. I definitely recommend Ocwen for their amazing ethics.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Elisa, for the feedback and recommendation! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My home suffered major damage from hurricane Florence. Once insurance claim was approved we were told we had to send the check to Ocwen and deal with them for disbursement of funds. I admit after reading nightmare stories about my situation I was scared to even call. But to my surprise Ocwen was extremely nice and did everything they could to release the funds to quickly get my home fixed! I cannot Thank you enough for the peace of mind knowing my house will soon be back to normal. Every single Person I came into contact with was very very nice and compassionate to my situation! Thank you Ocwen!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Nicole! We are here to help our customers, and we are happy to hear that your house will soon be back to normal. We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback.

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. Company Information

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.
1988