toll free
Call now for more information

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.

West Palm Beach, FL
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Carl, thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen. We are delighted to read your feedback and are so glad to hear our agents were able to assist you in achieving positive results. We aim to provide the best service for our customers!

Original review: July 1, 2017

I was happy to hear that I had so many options. Ocwen has the best customer service because they quickly and accurately understand where YOU the customer are with just a few mortgage related questions. I followed their advice and with all positive results. Will continue to be a proud Ocwen customer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had the pleasure to speak with a gentleman name: Cary-#**, he was wonderful, very pleasant and helpful! My highest compliments to OCWEN for having such a caring and wonderful employee such as Cary, he truly made my experience with OCWEN a memorable one! Please, extend my thanks to Cary again, for a job well done, and thank YOU OCWEN!!!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Ida, it is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen!

Original review: June 15, 2017

Great experience with the whole team that work for the best interest of keep us in the home. They try to everything that they could to help you. They really help me keep the home. Hopefully one day it will me Ida **. They were personal and business organization; that I enjoy working with.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

John, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. In reviewing the notes in our system, I see that you spoke to one of our Home Retention agents yesterday. If you should need additional assistance, please send a private message with the details and we can have our Ombudsman group review your account and contact you.

Original review: June 15, 2017

Just completed the loan modification procedure from Ocwen. Although I was warned by a realtor that mortgage companies never do loan modifications more than once on a property, Ocwen seemed to be genuinely interested in helping my situation. I was informed today that the loan modification was not approved and I am waiting for the report explaining why.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Donna, for taking the time to share your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we're happy to hear we were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Original review: June 15, 2017

Ocwen provides great customer service and have been there for me when I really needed them. When times were hard and I was behind on payments. Ocwen provided me with several options to help me keep my home. Ocwen have truly been a blessing.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Terri, thank you for your feedback! Ocwen is here to help our customers and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I have never had a mortgage company that honestly cared about me as a person. I have had financial and health problems since being an Ocwen customer and every time they have helped me resolve my issues so I can stay in my home. I am proud to have Ocwen as my loan servicing company.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for the recommendation and for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen.

Original review: June 14, 2017

Our experience with Ocwen is pleasant, the customer representative and relationship managers are very very pleasant to deal with, if I had to rate the service it would be 10+ all the way, thank you Ocwen very much. I appreciate you. I recommend you to the world.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.?

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Sytrena, thank you for the positive feedback! We're glad to hear we've been able to make your transition easier.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I have recently been relocating to a new area and Ocwen has been very patient and has really kept me updated on everything I need to know. Moving along can be very difficult but Ocwen has made this transition much easier. Thanks Ocwen!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Jordan, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously, and we sincerely apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I submitted paperwork to modify my home loan and home equity loan with OCWEN. My original mortgage carrier was GMAC Mortgage, but they sold my mortgage to OCWEN several years ago. OCWEN has horrible customer service and questionable business practices, as evidenced by numerous lawsuits and judgments against them over the years. My loan modification was rejected out of hand. I wanted to reduce my interest on my home loan of 5.75% and on my home equity loan of 10.5%. As a disabled veteran with 24 years of active service, I would have thought I could get somewhat of a break. NO. They told me I could sell my home or go into foreclosure. Thanks for nothing OCWEN. Is there no appeal process through the federal or state government systems?

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Jean, thank you for your feedback! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're pleased with your experience working with Ocwen. We will also ensure your feedback is shared with Amrish.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I am presently in a difficult situation which I hope to resolve shortly. The calm, professional and supportive approach of the person who worked with me (Amarish), has helped me tremendously. Instead of being in turmoil between now and the date when I can make the payment, I can focus constructively on what must be done to meet that obligation. Excellent customer relationship management.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Susan, we are delighted to read about the superb service you received from Jason, and we appreciate the time you spent to share your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we value your feedback!

Original review: June 13, 2017

Jason ** was absolutely superb! He was helpful from the start till the very end and always there when we needed him. I would recommend him to any friend or family member without any hesitation. He is an asset to the company and he's a rockstar! Thank you so much Jason.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Great feedback, Nina! We are here to help our customers, and we're very glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen.

Original review: June 10, 2017

My mortgage company, Ocwen has again come through for me to be able to stay in our house. My husband became disabled and our income drastically decreased, but Ocwen with the help of our relationship managers with both our first and second mortgage were able to modify both so that we could stay in our home. We love Ocwen as our mortgage company!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Curtis, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously, and we sincerely apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: June 10, 2017

Ocwen purchased my mortgage from Home Eq. I have a variable interest rate and applied to refinance the loan about 6 weeks ago. My credit is good and I was told that everything was OK. However, the person who was originally helping me resigned after requesting the usual documents (all of which I sent); the next person that was assigned to me did not call me or return my calls so, my application was given to a third person who requested some of the same documents that I'd sent previously. Now she is requesting my wife's email address which I do not know but did provide her work email (she owns her own business). I also provided my wife's phone number.

I have either financed or refinanced nine different properties over the years and this is the most difficult one that I've faced. They even required me to send my divorce papers of 20 years ago although the property was given up back then and was paid off over 10 years ago (also divorce papers clearly stated that my ex was responsible for payment). This should have been a non issue because the property was paid off 10 years ago and is not in my name.

Also, I might add that Ocwen has held the mortgage that I'm trying to refinance for at least 7 years and my account is current and I don't miss payments. It seems as though they are looking for an excuse to deny my application because they first lost my documents, got confused about some old property that I gave away in a divorce and consistently do not return phone calls. Now, the money that I paid to lock in a rate is no good because too much time has passed and I've also paid for an appraisal. If I'd known I'd have this much trouble, I would've never requested a refinance.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Michelle, we take customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review in detail and contact you to discuss this further.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I am trying to keep my home. It took months to get the modification that doubled my payment. They call constantly. You can't understand them. They refuse payments constantly or tell you that you owe them a minimal fee of a few dollars and it must be paid through the speed pay which costs 20.00. They are just trying to foreclose. I had a bunch of medical issues and own my missed payments. I could have just given up but I'm trying to do the right thing which they make impossible.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Sandra, thank you for your feedback! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your experience working with Ocwen.

Original review: June 8, 2017

In my approximate eight years with Ocwen Loan Services personnel, I have consistently experienced helpfulness, efficiency, timeliness, knowledgeable professional employees. This company has constantly achieved high quality transaction/mortgage services.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Arne, Ocwen takes all feedback very seriously, and we sincerely apologize for your experience.

Original review: June 8, 2017

I had a terrible experience in 2016 while asking Ocwen for a loan modification on an investment property I had bought in 2006 at 6.5% interest. (The loan had been sold about five times over the 10 years, the last time to Ocwen around 2002.) I filled out the Ocwen loan modification paperwork, but I misunderstood a couple of statements because the questions kept bouncing back and forth between my primary residence and the investment property, and the application was extremely unclear about what property the questions were referring to.

When Ocwen informed me of my mistakes, I quickly corrected the mistakes and resubmitted the paperwork. Ocwen then openly accused me of lying on the original application, even though I had corrected the mistakes on the subsequent paperwork, and they turned down my application because they said I lied. Over the entire 10+ years I had the loan I had never missed a payment, and I had never been late with a payment.

In fact, I paid between $100 and $500 extra toward principal with nearly every payment I made during those 10+ years. My credit score has been good to excellent all along. After Ocwen denied my application, I refinanced the property through a local bank at around 4%, and the bank has assured me they will never sell the loan to a loan servicing company. I will never do business with Ocwen again.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Jeffrey, we take customer feedback very seriously and we thank you for providing us with an opportunity to address your concerns. I see you have spoken with someone in our Ombudsman group, and they are working with you on this issue. If you need additional assistance, please send a private message with the details, and it will be reassigned to our Ombudsman team to review and contact you.

Original review: June 7, 2017

We had a mortgage on an Arizona home serviced by Ocwen. Never late with a payment. They sold the loan to Nationstar in December 2015. We sold the home in June of the following year and paid off the mortgage (to Nationstar) with the proceeds from the sale. Flash forward to the present - we are now applying for another mortgage and it turns out that Ocwen has left this (the original mortgage) as an open item on our credit report. Even though we have never been late and Ocwen fully admits to selling the loan. They are refusing to help get this item removed from the report.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Timothy, for this review! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are happy with the service provided.

Original review: June 7, 2017

My experience with Ocwen has been very pleasant, they help me with all my loan needs and a loan modification, whenever I had questions or needed info they were very helpful. I would recommend Ocwen loan to anyone that needed mortgage or loan help. Their reps were always kind and professional, thank you.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Catherine, for your positive review regarding your experience with Ocwen. We appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us, and we welcome your suggestion for improvement.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Ocwen is definitely one of the better lenders out there. They have many payment options and handle inquiries quickly and efficiently. No games and I appreciate that since the last lender was horrible and I was so happy when I got sold to Ocwen. The reason I can not give the full 5 stars is because of the last payment options. I was forced to visit a bank to do either a cashier's check or ACH transaction after having automatic withdrawal and zero late payments. You are punishing good customers and this should be reviewed.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Bruce, thank you for sharing your feedback about the service provided by Ocwen and for taking the time to share your positive experience!

Original review: June 6, 2017

Pleased with my overall experience with Ocwen financial services. Ocwen has great customer service and provides courteous and efficient detail to their customers.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Ocwen Loan Services has been very helpful to me. They have worked with me to ensure I do not lose my home. I realize that my payments are not on time sometimes but they have stood by me and hopefully they will continue to help me.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Scott, we sincerely apologize for your experience regarding the tax payments and escrow. Your feedback is important to us and we will use it to improve our customer service.

Original review: June 2, 2017

They are by far the worst of the worst! We paid our property taxes (for 11 years) on time, and our mortgage payment was $670. Then one day we get a notice that our new payment would be $1700! They said they needed to escrow our account for unpaid taxes, even though I sent them receipts! For two months they ** us around with someone from India who just kept saying, "I understand and I am sorry". They insisted they paid our taxes. I had to call the tax collection agency and was told that OCWEN sent a check for our taxes 3 months after we paid the taxes, and that they sent the checks back to OCWEN! It took 3 months before OCWEN realized they made a mistake and still screwed up our escrow. The best thing we did was refinance with a REAL company. Stay as far away from this company as you can. I'll live in a cardboard box before I ever take any money from these idiots!!!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Melvina, thank you for your feedback. We are here to help our customers, and we genuinely appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience!

Original review: June 1, 2017

The man I was speaking with was very helpful. He listen to my problem and offered suggestions on how I could get the help I needed to solve my problem. He was not rude or insulting to me. He was so understanding and kind. It was a pleasure to speak with him.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Belvia! We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear of the great customer service you have received..

Original review: June 1, 2017

Every time I call Ocwen, I get great customer service. You can tell they are the same across the board. You call for one thing but they tell you other pertinent information that you need to know as well.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Michael & Vickye, we appreciate the opportunity to work with you and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are happy to hear that we were able to help.

Original review: June 1, 2017

Ocwen has always went above and beyond to do whatever it took to keep us in our home. They have done modifications put past due payments at the end of our loan and like I said done WHATEVER it took to keep us in our home for 22 years now! I truly believe there is not a finance company nowhere that would have worked as hard for us as OCWEN has. My family says THANK YOU OCWEN from our hearts.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Philip, we apologize for your experience. Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously and we would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review in detail and contact you to discuss this further.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I am trying to keep my home and have a modification plan under review. I was told that I had to fill out all the documents and send in a payment. I was told that the way I sent it in was not correct and then had to mail them in. I received a phone call from my relationship account rep yesterday stating that the loan was approved and they have received all the documents. What they did not tell me is that because I did not send in the payment as disclosed in the documentation, as I was waiting for the paperwork to process, that I only had 1 day to send in the payment as I was supposed to send it in May 1st.

I contacted Ocwen and pleaded with them to give me until June 2nd as this is when I would have the money to make the payment. All I got was the runaround making me feel embarrassed with the representative telling me there is nothing they can do and no one higher that I could reach out to. I have been struggling with Ocwen for years trying to make my home affordable as that is what they say they do. I am all out of options as the representative on the phone said today maybe I should just short sale my home. I called 800-390-4656 as this is what I was able to find on the website. They said there is nothing they can do. I want to keep my home! IF anyone knows of an option that might work... please help.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Sasha, we sincerely apologize for your experience with Ocwen and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further. A member of our Ombudsman team will reaching out to you. Thank you.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Like everyone else, I had no choice but to deal with this poor excuse of a company. My first problem was them misappropriating thousands of dollars worth of money that was supposed to have been paid towards my mortgage. I insisted they were missing monies and was told repeatedly that I was wrong. So I sent them the list of all amounts, check numbers, and dates paid. After a FORMAL request for investigation, they corrected it but did not admit fault. Next, we have the time where they didn't pay my homeowner's and windstorm policies on time. My insurance company said my coverage lapsed for a few days, but luckily I didn't need force-placed coverage.

Then, there was the time I fell behind. I lost my job and couldn't make the full payment. So they offered me a modification. I sent in all the paperwork, all while receiving foreclosure threats DAILY. My modification was to be a three month trial, at the end of which would become permanent as long as I made the payments on time. So I made my first payment. Made it early, in fact. Called to make sure it was received. At that time, I was berated by the agent, he repeatedly told me my account was past due, and I owed a few thousand dollars, and they were going to foreclose if it wasn't paid, even though I had just entered into this modification. My relationship manager said everything would be fine.

So I made a second payment. Again, I paid it early. Again, I called and talked to my relationship manager (who I never reached again until later, even after repeated attempts), who proceeded to tell me that yes, my modification was kind of approved, and the payment was received. I still continued to get letters detailing my delinquency and threatening my foreclosure. So, when I got the money together, I paid them all of the arrearage. At that point, I got a phone call saying my modification was denied and that they were retroactivating it, and that I now also owe the difference on top of my regular payment.

So now, I am in the same boat as before. They send me delinquency notices and foreclosure threats because I owe the difference and an extra month's payment in "MISCELLANEOUS FEES." Its no wonder y'all are being sued. Again. And everything you're being sued for, I went through. I can NEVER speak to the same person twice, and I NEVER get the same answer to the same question from 2 different people. Right hand doesn't know what left is doing. Time for a class action suit in Texas, because I KNOW I am not the only one. Otherwise, no cease and desist order would have been filed here.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you for your feedback and recommendation, Stephen! We are here to help our customers, and we genuinely appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience!

Original review: May 31, 2017

My experience with Ocwen has always been one of respect and an attitude to help me in finding a solution to my problem. They have operated no less than highly professional. I personally would recommend them to anyone looking to find a mortgage service company.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Ocwen takes all feedback very seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your information has been sent to our Ombudsman team to review your account and assist in this matter.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I am a disabled veteran. I decided to refinance my house from a 30 year balloon loan to a 15 year fixed loan. I went with another company because Ocwen nowhere in my paperwork described the amount of the balloon payment. I only signed a paper saying that it was. When I called them to inquire they told me the balloon payment AFTER paying for 30 years would be $77,000 or roughly half the original loan. My new mortgage company is trying to get the payoff figure from them and they keep stalling and playing games with the appraisal and my locked in rate is due to expire. They call Ocwen every day and it is always some new story.

They are the scum of the Earth. You cannot even speak to anyone who speaks English. You can't understand them!! This is the way Ocwen treats disabled veterans who are trying to get their life together. Helping customers my ass. They should be embarrassed to use that as a slogan. Lawyers from the VA will be taking up the matter early next week. Hopefully they will force these pond scum non English speaking ** to give the payoff figure up. Screw Ocwen!!!

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Thank you, Ned, for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen! We're glad we were able to assist you and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: May 26, 2017

Ocwen has been extremely professional and helpful in dealing with them over the last 10 years or so. I wouldn't be in my home today if not for Ocwen...I would recommend Ocwen to anyone in a heartbeat. I can't say enough about you guys always having some kind of solution to my issues. I went through a horrible divorce and several years later broke my back. Ocwen has always done right by me. I love you guys.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Mark, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously and we are here to help our customers. We apologize for your experience and would like to discuss this further with you. A member of our Ombudsman team will be in contact with you. Thank you.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I am concerned that somehow this company has a four star rating on this site and may mislead many many people about the workings of this organization. The federal government along with 22 states across the country have filed either lawsuits or cease and desist orders for mishandling mortgages. The company can push back all they want but when you have 22 states and the federal government taking action something isn't right. That is just common sense.

Personally after a divorce 9 years ago and because my other half failed to make a payment I was put into default and held literally in loan modification nightmare. Sold my loan 4 times, I was forced to fill out loan modification paperwork a staggering 8 times after being told my paperwork was never received. Even after I would mail, fax and email all the paperwork to ensure receipt. They miscalculated my annual income (I don't know how) and denied me because they had my income at 500.00 (Five hundred dollars) then denied it again stating income at 1200.00 (twelve hundred dollars).

They held me in this game for 5 years now causing the price of my home to double because while you are being reviewed for modification and all the time they never "so called" receive your paperwork and all the time you are 'Denied for income of 500' you are being charged late fees, penalties and interest and they will literally as they did with mine send you back your monthly mortgage payment. My home has now doubled in the amount of the original mortgage, I cannot sell it because they have me in this default status and have made my world a living nightmare.

Finally my fight is not over with this company and my advice to anyone with this company as your lender is to document every single call and save every single email and notice you receive from them as I have and to learn your documents inside and out as I have because they have a history of misrepresentation in the courts. But if you know everything you signed the law will protect you. I am not done with my battle and probably just beginning but I am a consumer totally prepared so please don't be mislead by a higher than acceptable rating on this site and be aware of who you are dealing with.

Ocwen Financial Corp.

Miguel, Thank you! We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience and we value your positive feedback. We will be sure to share your feedback with your Relationship Manager.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I had a very good assistance from my relationship manager Grace **. I don't have any complaint. I get my solutions of my case very soon. Just we need about two appointments for to get everything done.

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. Company Profile

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.
1988