Ocwen Financial Corp.
Ocwen Financial Corp.
Call toll free
4.05/5

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.

West Palm Beach, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ocwen Financial Corporation (Ocwen) is one of the leading mortgage servicing companies in America. We provide caring customer service and innovative mortgage solutions that help customers save money, build equity, and most importantly stay in their homes. Through our lending affiliate, Homeward Residential, Inc. (Homeward), we help customers refinance or buy their next home with HARP, Fannie Mae, and FHA mortgage options.

2991 Ocwen Financial Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

At the end of 2013, my loan was transferred from IndyMac to Ocwen. I had been in a loan modification for years and my house was in foreclosure. When Ocwen took over my loan I had such a great relationship manager that my loan was finally modified and my house was saved by them. I know there is quite a lot of negative feedback and reviews on Ocwen, as is the case with all banks and mortgage companies or servicers, but my experience with them has been the complete opposite and nothing but impressive. It is important to keep open the lines of communication to get things accomplished properly. They have been more competent than all the other banks I have ever dealt with to date.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Randi, for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen. We are glad to hear we were able to help you with a modification, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Excellent customer service, accommodating. Very helpful. Always answer all concern and question. Agent always know all aspects of the loan and don't put you on hold to verify someone about the concern or question.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Judith, it is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

We are very pleased with cooperation with Ocwen ~ Our bills have always arrived on time ~ That is why we were able to overpay our loan, and thus end the payment in advance Thank you! I think in the future we will want to apply for a loan in this loan company!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Jolanta, for taking the time to share your positive feedback, and Congratulations for the early payoff of your loan!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

You make it difficult to speak to a cs rep. I responded to your letter only to be told that I would have to speak to someone at the new company. Your agents are hard to understand and one gave me a totally incorrect number to call. All in all, I spent a good half hour of frustration with no result. The answer to the information sought was the same as given in previous years with equal difficulty. All in all, I am more than pleased that your company is now out of the picture.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Aram, Ocwen takes all feedback seriously, and we apologize for the frustration you experienced. Your information has been forwarded to the Ombudsman team so they can follow up with you.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

The person who took my call was at all times very helpful and kind, taking time to analyze each possible answer of all my questions; making me feel always with comfort and satisfied. Is very rare that you get this type of feeling when you’re talking to someone in the other side of the line; but I can say that I got lucky this time and I got a person who understood my needs and went beyond to solve them.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Sandra, for taking the time to share your positive feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the service provided.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Whenever I call customer service they are always very nice, willing to explain things, and very professional. We have been with Ocwen for over ten years and they have always worked with us and provided great customer service.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Erika, for your positive review! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I was satisfied having my mortgage with Ocwen, no problem has arise until at the end after I paid off my loan. Customer service ID# ** was no help and probably didn't know what he's doing. Customer service ID# ** was very professional and responsive to his customer's needs.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Rose-Sarrie, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen. We take all feedback seriously, and we are glad you did receive assistance from Franky. If you should need additional assistance, please send us a private message, and we will have someone from our Ombudsman group contact you.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Excellent customer service in comparison to a couple of years ago. I am not fond of the new system of paying with Western Union because of it does not show you with ease how to apply extra funds to escrow or capital. Your customer service lady did show me and told me that they get many calls for the same problems. She transferred me to the insurance Department which I needed to talk to and that was great experience as well. It use to be that I would have to hang up and call again. I am very pleased. You have really improved the customer service.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Marlene, thank you for your positive review about the excellent customer service you received! We are always looking for opportunities to improve our customer service, and we are very happy you are pleased with your recent experience.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I had questioned where to send the escrow shortage of which I was informed of in late January. I was routed to Customer Service Agent Jessica #** and was extremely pleased with the effort she undertook to get an answer. She had a smile in her voice from the first moment we talked and throughout our conversation and problem solving. She never gave one hint of being frustrated with the issue nor was the ever close to being in a hurry to get off the phone. I cannot begin to tell you how much the cheerful and smiling voice meant to me. The problem was rectified and the call terminated. You guys have a gem of a CS Agent in Jessica. People with her mannerisms are a rare commodity. She is the second one I've encountered with OCWEN and both ladies were superb. Thanks for finding and keeping such talent.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Thomas, for your feedback! We are delighted to hear about the superb service you received from Jessica, and we will be sure to pass along your message to her.

Resolution response: March 4, 2019

Ocwen has reassured me that the merger would not effect their service. Ocwen has great service and has merged with a company that has negative reviews, Ocwen has stated that the service would be up to Ocwens standards.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I've been with Ocwen for five years, have been on auto payment and have never been late. For no reason given they assigned my mortgage to PHH Mortgage, a terrible mortgage company with a star rating of ONE. If this is how Ocwen treats their customers, DO NOT GO TO THEM FOR A MORTGAGE. Now I will be with a non-reputable mortgage company for the next ten years of my mortgage. HORRIBLE.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thomas, Ocwen takes all feedback seriously. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team so they can follow up with you, and hopefully, alleviate the concerns you have expressed.

No response received
Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

The loan modification process is about a 4-5 month process from request to receipt of final documents. In 3 different phone conversations I was given an estimated interest-free balloon payment amount of 41k on a $101K unpaid principle balance. I would pay an estimated 4.875% on the remaining balance which would permanently lower my current (ARM) interest rate, and also my monthly payments. It was dream come true!

Upon receipt of the final documents I find the balloon payment amount is $89,333.83. I only owe $101K. I thought it must be an error. I called and spoke with a rep who informed me that I should never have been given and estimate in the first place. I was given another appointment date to speak with my my relationship manager AND the phone number to the loan refinance department. I am 66 years old and retired. The loan modification was an opportunity to retain loyalty to Ocwen and keep my original loan maturation date. I am so disappointed that I cannot in good conscience remain with a company that would be so deceitful.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Laurretta, Ocwen takes customer feedback seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review the modification terms, and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

The representative was kind, helpful and provide the information we needed. The website is friendly and we were able to access the information we needed as well. This is a good confident. They have work with us through the hard times. When our income was low they work with us and making sure that we could stay in our home. We are very grateful.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Calvin, for your positive review! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're happy to hear our customer service representative and our website have provided you with the information you needed.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

We were always contacted by someone from Ocwen. Never could understand them, Ocwen made us send them 8,000.00 cash by wire, Ocwen raised our outage note and charged us for their insurance then they foreclosed. We hire Olympia law group, sent a complaint to Tennessee dept of financial inst, and still being contacted by a company called Altisource. Ocwen promised to send out a package to modify. We never received anything. If Ocwen takes our home this is not over. We will sue.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

For many years I have not had any problems with OCWEN. They helped me when I was in need. Their service is outstanding and I will continue to refinance or request another home loan if I sell my home and get another one.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, James, for your feedback! We're glad to hear we were able to help you when you needed assistance, and we appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience with Ocwen!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

The CSR was most helpful in all aspects of our conversation. In addition, the CSR was upbeat regarding their approach to my request. I would highly recommend Ocwen Financial Corp. to those in need of their services.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Wendell, thank you for your positive review and recommendation! We are glad to hear that you're pleased with the service provided by Ocwen, and we will share your comments with the CSR you spoke with.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

The past year my payments are made on time just like the past 14 years but what Ocwen does it put the payment into suspense account for multiple months then I call to get fixed as now they are charging late fees on a not late account. After spending hours on phone they reverse the charges then do it again. I keep calling to fix the account. The last statement dated 12-25-18 shows 6 payments but doesn't correctly show payments. Today I spoke to Holly number ** who would not let me speak to a supervisor who name is Randy. Got nowhere then called 866-513-2954 customer help who basically sends me back to escalation dept who I have spoke to each month. If you are looking for a service provider this is not the one.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Dale, Ocwen takes all feedback very seriously, and we apologize for your frustration. We are forwarding your information to our Ombudsman team so they can review your account and follow up with you on this.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

We lost our home in a flood, and I'd like to commend Ocwen, and each representative that I have spoken with, for the way our case was handled. Each person I spoke to bent over backwards to try to help us out. The experience we went through was devastating, and I really appreciate not only the way our "business" was handled, but also the kindness shown as we waded through the decisions we had to make. God bless you all.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Barbara. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I have always had good experiences with OCWEN agents. They are well informed, and always willing to help. They are normally able to answer any question I might ask. They explained to me how to set up my OCWEN online account. I appreciate there help and kindness.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Dorothy, for your positive review. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience and we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I called Ocwen on January 29,2019, because I had a problem to log in to my online account. The representative I spoke to was knowledgeable, professional and patient. He walked me through the entire process and didn’t rush me off the phone. I really enjoy working with this company and I highly recommend them. They always help me when I have questions and concerns.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Jodi, for your positive review and recommendation! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're happy to hear our customer service representatives have provided you with the assistance needed.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

When I made the extra payment I chose the option to apply entire extra payment to principal. But Ocwen applied part of the extra payment to my next monthly payment although I have direct payment from my bank for monthly payments. Had to call them and they took several days before correcting payment application.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, George, for your feedback. Ocwen takes all feedback seriously, and we apologize for the issue with your payment. We believe this has been resolved, but if there is anything else that you have concerns about, please send us a private message. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I am James the homeowner of **. If it were not for God and my relationship manager that help save my home I would not have known what to do. He is awesome. Thank you for your help. Now I am back on track and plan to stay there.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

James, thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that you are pleased with the service provided by your relationship manager and that you are "back on track".

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have financial hardship due to medical concerns which restricting me from going back to work in the meantime. I have received the utmost support from Ocwen. Every phone call from Ocwen representative carried out with care, support, professionalism, patience and understanding in addition to offering assistance and resources needed to help remedy my situation.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Najwa. Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we appreciate the time you spent to share your positive feedback with us.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I highly recommend Ocwen Loan Servicing LLC to manage loans because whenever I call, I get results. Staffs are helpful, courteous and knowledgeable. Staffs helped me within their capabilities and wanted to be sure that I was happy before I hang up the telephone.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Paulina, thank you for the positive review and recommendation! We appreciate your business, and we are glad to hear you are pleased with the service provided by our staff.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Since Ocwen started with my mortgage account My stress about my house went away because Ocwen has been working with me to fit my budget and income that has enable me to pay my mortgage and not missing any month. I just want a place to sleep and not be in the streets and that’s what I see Ocwen is doing and has make life stressless... Thank you Ocwen.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Nancy, for your positive feedback! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we appreciate the time you spent to share your experience with us.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

On Jan. 7, 2019 my payment went out early. Ocwen didn't process my payment Jan. 23, 2019. I usually pay my account on the internet process they had provided @ no charge previously. Now they charge $7.50 for this option. In the past when I had mailed a payment, this same problem happened. 16 days to receive and process a payment. Personally I've never paid a merchant late, my credit is excellent. I will never trust Ocwen with a mailed payment again. If you mail a payment send it certified, protect yourself from unlawful practices.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Sylvia, Ocwen takes all feedback seriously, and we appreciate the time you spent to send us your feedback. I see you spoke with one of our agents last week, and the late fee has been waived on your account. If your issue is unresolved or if you have additional questions, please send us a private message and someone from our Ombudsman team will contact you. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

It was hard for me to maintain my house note. I have became blind and the same year my mother had passed away and I had give up on everything. But the company and staff never Let me down. When the the company needed their payments never told me I had to get out. It was months that I didn't have the money to pay my note. I cry everyday scared thinking no one cares. Couldn't go to family members and friends for nothing. Being blind and didn't have nowhere to go. But on the street. But thank god for the staff that work so hard for and still letting me know and showing more options to keep me in my house.

Everyone had close their door on me but Ocwen loan service. The staff never told me that it was not no hope and when I got the phone call from the staff. Each one of them kept working not to allow me not to give up and walk away. The lady said that the team had work it out. I didn't believe her. I thought it was someone just telling me that and the she was coming to put me out. No. They came to deliver me the paperwork to remain in my house. Thanks to god and the staff and company of Ocwen.giving me another chance not to become homeless. Thanks to the company that cares for all Ocwen. Thanks and I pray that you keep doing the right to help people in time of needs. God bless each one of you. Thanks and thank you lord for Ocwen being here for me when I needed the company the most. Kevin. Not homeless. Due to you all.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Kevin, for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen! We are here to help our customers, and we are very happy to hear we were able to assist you during your time of need.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I called customer service on January 22, to get information about paying the due balance on my escrow account and the technician I spoke with was very knowledgeful and as a result was 100% helpful, thank you for your service.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Howard, for the positive feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I contacted Owen to let them know my payment funds would be a day late. The following Monday, I received a call confirming my payment was declined. I understood the payment was received. Funds were available and fees were waived and I assisted with the payment.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Andrea, for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear we were able to assist you with processing your payment and the removal of the late fees. If you need additional assistance relating to this, please send us a private message, and we will contact you.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Every time I talk with customer service and all your staff; they make me feel valued customer. Please give them the highest regards. They are all very pleasant and excellent knowledgeable. Thank you for being part of the family.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Yvonne! We are delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! You are a valued customer, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We, like many others in Florida, fell on hard times in 2006, and continued to struggle financially for several years. We were both realtors at the time, and as the housing market collapsed, so did our incomes. We quickly fell behind on our mortgage, and our mortgage itself went through the hands of 5 banks/service companies, which made coming up with a solution to our troubles even worse. We hired a lawyer and agreed to go mediation with one of the banks. We put together the paperwork necessary for compliance with the bank’s guidelines, but were denied a settlement and were given no basis for their decision. Our lawyer said he had never seen such a lack of effort on the banks part, and he was convinced the bank had no real interest in offering settlements.

Fortunately for us our mortgage was passed on to Ocwen, who holds our mortgage now. From the beginning, they were responsive and helpful, giving us a real sense they wanted to work something out, that they wanted to keep us in our home. It took some time, but Ocwen offered us a realistic solution, and I’m very happy to say we went from several years of trials, lawyer fees and uncertainty to 4 straight years of on time mortgage payments. We have made improvements to the house over these last few years, the neighborhood has benefitted from our improvements, we are happy to be here, and we hope the bank is happy with our on time payments. It’s been a win win all around, and certainly could not have been done without a great partner like Ocwen. Their customer service is excellent, very clear and responsive, and we look forward to making many more on time payments in the years to come!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Mark, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ocwen! We are glad to hear we were able to assist you in keeping your home, and we do appreciate the opportunity to work with you. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to read your feedback.

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. Company Information

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.
1988