Ocwen Financial Corp.
Ocwen Financial Corp.
Call toll free
4.06/5

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.

West Palm Beach, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ocwen Financial Corporation (Ocwen) is one of the leading mortgage servicing companies in America. We provide caring customer service and innovative mortgage solutions that help customers save money, build equity, and most importantly stay in their homes. Through our lending affiliate, Homeward Residential, Inc. (Homeward), we help customers refinance or buy their next home with HARP, Fannie Mae, and FHA mortgage options.

2852 Ocwen Financial Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

We have been Mortgage Customers of Ocwen for many years as we bought our Home in 2005. Their Customer Service is outstanding as they have helped us through a few financial hardships with the greatest of ease and professionalism. It always stressful when facing difficulty making our house payments as this is our most prized possession... and Ocwen made our requests for help in a very timely manner and we always felt assured by anyone we talked to. We thank you Ocwen for striving to be one of few with such outstanding customer service and many ways to help people remain in their homes that work so hard to do so. Thank you!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Robert and Emily, for your positive feedback regarding the professionalism and outstanding customer service displayed by our reps. We are here to help our customers and we are glad to hear we were able to assist you with your requests for help. Please let us know if you need additional assistance.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Ocwen sent someone to look at my house and no one was home and they declared that the house was vacant and unoccupied. Had someone cut the grass in front and then billed me $ 114.00. I Called and spent an hour on the phone trying to explain to someone in the escalation department, with no luck. What a rip off. Take my advice. Don't do business with Ocwen.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Kenneth, Ocwen takes customer feedback seriously, and we apologize for your experience. This has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review your account and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I would recommend Ocwen to anyone because it has been the best mortgage company I have ever worked with. When I have lost my job and struggled they did everything in their power to make it work for me so that my mortgage was affordable to me and I'm very grateful to this company for always helping me out and taking me out of so many problems financially.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Harry, for the positive review and recommendation! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're happy to hear we were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

My experience with Ocwen loan services is the best, Whenever I need help Ocwen is always there for me. I got hurt at work and couldn't afford to pay my mortgage. Ocwen help me with a homeowners modification so that I can stay in my house. I don't know what I would have done if they were not there for me. I cannot thank Ocwen loan services enough for being there for me at my time of need. I am so grateful to have a loan service company like Gwen loan services.

I would recommend Ocwen to my family friends and to all the homeowners out there. My experience was easy to deal with because they gave me my own relationship manager to help me with the process. My relationship manager help me fill out the paperwork and stay in contact with me through the whole process. Now I can rest easy and sleep at night again. I don't know what I would have done without them. Thanks again Ocwen loan services. You're the best. My name is Tonya ** and I've been in my home for 14 years now. Thank you so much Ocwen loan services.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Tonya, we are delighted to read your feedback about your experience with Ocwen! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you, and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for the recommendation!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Ocwen is the best mortgage lender. Customer service is always available to help with whatever circumstance the customer maybe experiencing. My husband and I have always received outstanding and excellent service from Ocwen.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Cynthia, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Ocwen! It is our goal to provide exceptional customer service, and we're glad to hear that you and your husband are happy with the service provided.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

On 9/29/14 I sent Ocwen 6 money orders for a total of $6,000 to Ocwen to pay my loan and to pay down my loan principal. I sent the money order by FedEx and tracking confirmed delivery on 10/1/14. Ocwen LOST all 6 money orders! I had to cancel all 6 money orders and pay $15 x 6 = $90 in cancellation fees plus the FedEx 2-Day shipping fee of $9.50. Almost 2 months later on 11/24/14 Ocwen FOUND the 6 lost money orders well after they were cancelled and tried to deposit all 6 of them. When they were returned unpaid, Ocwen charged me for 6 "Returned Check Fees" of 6 x $25 = $150. It was not until 1/30/17 (2 years and 4 months later) that I received a final refund of all of the erroneous fees I was charged!

In September 2017 Ocwen fabricated a 2nd social security number on the same loan account for which they lost $6,000 in money orders! This caused letters from the IRS to be sent to Ocwen and Ocwen sending me requests for proof of my "2nd social security number" that did NOT exist! This fiasco took me 3 months and a lot of unnecessary correspondence, phone calls and TIME to resolve! Ocwen caused me no end of time-wasting problems that should NEVER have happened if they were a well organized and well run company but they are NOT! These problems occurred over a period of 3 years and 3 months! I was so frustrated with them, I vowed that one day in my busy life I would write a testimonial to tell people about these TRUE stories. Ocwen was a disastrous loan servicing company for me!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Anthony, we value your feedback and we sincerely apologize for your experience. We appreciate the chance to resolve any issues that our customer may have and improve our service. If there is anything that you need additional assistance with, please send a private message with the details and we will contact you. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc - I’ve been a customer of Ocwen Financial Corporation for over 10 years, in those years I’ve applied for mortgage modification and have been denied many times. I have an adjustable rate mortgage that is currently 6.5%. Since 2008, I have been upside down in my home value. I didn’t walk away, I’ve held on and I have tried to do the right thing. My mortgage has doubled and continues to increase. I can’t get Ocwen to do the right thing and modify my loan to a standard home loan. In 2017 Ocwen accepted approx $50,000 from the Hardest Hit Fund and they continue to want more. I am now at risk of foreclosure as my mortgage continues to increase.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Gabe, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously and we would like to discuss the concerns you have expressed in the Consumer Affairs review. Unfortunately, there was not enough information provided to identify your account or contact you by phone. In order to further assist in reviewing your account, please send a private message with your property zip code and a phone number so our Ombudsman team can contact you to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Agent was courteous, informative, patient. One gets the feeling of sincerity and empathy emanating from agent. Agent did not try to hurry or rush the info. exchange: instead, there was a deliberate effort to answer all questions and to offer other avenues of assistance if that was required. Agent was truly professional.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Aubrey, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to read your feedback about the service provided by our agent.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Your people were very calm and patient and that was greatly appreciated as I am elderly and tend to repeat things and they had no problem with me doing that. I would have no problems telling other people about my experience. Thank You.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Gwendolyn, for your review! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are happy with the service provided by Ocwen.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Someone from Ocwen had given me the wrong info and it turned out to be a fiasco. Lauren from the Loss and Draft dept came to my rescue and quickly rectified the mishap. Please give her a pat on the back and a Raise! We need people that are smart and can handle their jobs like Lauren.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Donna, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service and apologize for your initial experience. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. We are very happy to hear about the service Lauren provided to quickly rectify the situation. We will ensure your feedback is shared with both Lauren and her manager.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I never Maid a late payment. I never missed a payment. They screwed up my credit, reported me late... took double payments out of my bank account. I spent at least 40 hours on the phone trying to get them to fix their own mistakes. They put me on auto call and harassed me multiple times a day. I file complaint after complaint. Finally they sold my loan to Wells Fargo. Ocwen doesn't know it's head from its rail. People don't speak English well are rude and incompetent.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Shawnna, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I called regarding a late charge applied to my account - the first late payment in many years. The agent was courteous and explained several options. He then requested a waiver of the fee from his supervisor, it was granted, then I paid the regular amount over the phone.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Robert, for taking the time to share your feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Ocwen Financial Corporation needs to be closed. I always paid my mortgage ON TIME and when I tried to get it refinanced at a lower rate, I was given the worst treatment possible. I did everything I was asked to do and still did not achieve anything. I should have reported you to the Better Business Bureau. I wouldn't recommend you to my worst enemy.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Wilma, Ocwen takes all feedback very seriously, and we apologize for your experience.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Agents are very professional. Service fast and accurate. Courtesy is exercised throughout the conversation. I will recommend this company to anyone interested in a home loan. I am very pleased with the services I receive from OCWEN over the past several years.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Nadim, for your review and recommendation! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My mortgage was taken over by Ocwen Loans Servicing, LLC from G.M.A.C. via business reasons. I had no control over the takeover which was translucent and informative. I verified my mortgage amount, any other charges to this account, i.e. insurance, and interest plus. I received good customer service and timeless returns on callbacks to me. Mortgage paid in full.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Great feedback, Gail! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we appreciate the time you spent to share your positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My mortgage was transferred to Ocwen in about 2012. The first I learned of this was through a phone message from them. Again, what was the company? I didn't even know. Then in 2013 I was laid off for the second time during the recession and I applied for a refinance. Could have faxed in, but mailed all the paperwork for safety. Then began the requests for my bank statements, over and over again. I always faxed them and waited at the machine for confirmation. Still the same thing, send in bank statements. I started writing things on the cover page with the documents, like 'someone has to actually get up and walk to fax machine and pick up the pages and put with application pages'. Still I couldn't get noticed. It was never reviewed to my knowledge and I struggled for years by not having the opportunity to refinance when I needed to.

My interest rate was high (10.1) and the market was down at times to around 2 and 3 percent and still no one would review my application. I did internet searches a dozen or more times trying to find the agency responsible to making sure mortgage companies were doing as required but never did find out so I could make a formal complaint. Then, I think it was last year, my mortgage is suddenly transferred to yet another company and today (year later) I discover that they owe me nearly $500 in escrow fees. Letter I received (with my last name spelled incorrectly) said they couldn't find my current address (yeah, same one). They've been holding this money for a year.

I would have thought it would have been transferred to the new mortgage company. I was short a payment after my layoff due to social security retirement having to wait a month before regular payments. That $500 would have been more than half the missing payment. How dare they deliberately fail to timely review my refinance application and how dare they hold on to these funds for so long?

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Elizabeth, Ocwen takes all feedback very seriously, and we sincerely apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

They are easy to work with, patient, and understanding. If you answer their calls they will help you. Do not blow them off because you feel all they want is your money. They WILL help you in more ways than one.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Ronald, for your review! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are happy with the service provided by Ocwen.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Ocwen has my loan all screwed up. I applied for a modification and made ALL the payments. I got approved for a permanent modification again missing NO payments and now they want to foreclose on my home. Why? Because they did not credit my account correctly. Now they won't fix it. Stay as far away from this company as possible.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Kathy, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously, and we sincerely apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

The gentleman that I spoke to was very polite and knew just what to do to help me fix my current problem. He also gave me advice on what my next step should be. He went ahead and gave me several phone numbers to agencies that may be able to help me, if I needed it. I really appreciated the kindness that I was treated with.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Michele, for your review! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you, and we're glad to hear our agent was able to provide you with the assistance and advice you were in need of.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I sent a check to pay off 98% of my mortgage in April 2018. The check came back 30 days later with no explanation. I called. They told me I had to pay off the entire mortgage. I got the pay off amount resent another check in full May 2018. The check came back again 30 days later with no explanation. I called. They then told me I had to send a certified check and gave me another pay off amount for approximately 300.00 more. In June I finally paid off my mortgage. I just received a notice that my credit score went down because Ocwen reported me delinquent in May 2018 even though they had received the money and sent it back.

I called to ask them to correct this error. I spend almost 4 hours with almost nothing being done except for me to hear their policy over and over again. They are scripted to the max with no one able to make any common sense decisions outside of their policy equation. They are terrible with customer service and their representatives only read from scripts. Horrible and stress full situation all around. They bought my mortgage. I did not choose them. They certainly do not have anyone's interest but their own. BEWARE! IF YOU HAVE A CHOICE TO NOT USE THEM!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Chrystie, we apologize for your experience, and we are forwarding your information to our Ombudsman team. I believe they are already in the process of amending the credit reporting for the month of May, and they will be in contact with you to follow up.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

My loan maturation is October 1 2018. I was trying to get for the pay off amount and the procedure. Customer service representative was very polite and very helpful. She explained everything in details and she was very knowledge about the material.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Abdelhak, for taking the time to share your positive experience. Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear our customer service rep was able to assist you with your payoff questions.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

The mortgage product is my husband's but I am the one that takes care of all household bills. Every now and then I have to call Ocwen to explain something to me or I just have my own question. I find everyone extremely helpful, courteous, and professional. When my husband mentioned possibly refinancing the loan I specifically told him to do it with Ocwen so that the servicing of it would stay with them.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Mickey, we are delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen! We are here to help our customers, and we appreciate the time you took to share your positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

They were always extremely helpful. When we were having financial problems Ocwen did not hesitate to help in any way possible to make sure we could maintain our home in good standing. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to purchase a home.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, James, for the review and recommendation! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear your experience with Ocwen has been positive.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

My experiences with Ocwen has always been professional, courteous and expedient! These are my ingredients for Great Customer Service. Every time I contact Ocwen every representative I speak with can handle any issue I may have at the time. Looking forward to doing business with Ocwen for a long time.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Tashawna! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to hear you're happy with the service provided by Ocwen's customer service representatives. .

Original review: July 31, 2018

The reason I contacted Ocwen, was to report the passing of my wife. The person I spoke with offered condolences and sounded genuinely empathetic to my situation. They were knowledgeable about what I needed, and were able to handle my concerns without delay or having to put me on hold. While this may seem trivial to some, those that have been through similar situations will understand how much that means. My insurance carrier was the only other call that made me feel the same way. Other companies I contacted were cordial, but there was nothing really genuine in their words of concern, it was all business. If ever asked, I would recommend Ocwen to friends and relatives.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Eugene, for taking the time to share your positive experience with Ocwen. I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your wife. If you need additional assistance, please let us know.

Original review: July 28, 2018

They are patient and listen well to my concerns. Gave thorough answers to my questions. Also offer to help any time. Considerate. I felt they were truly interested in my concerns. On a scale of 0 to 10, 10 being highest, I give a 10. They are very knowledge and very polite. I thank God for them and all good gifts. They have helped me greatly. I am grateful. Keep up the good work.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Lillian, for giving us a high rating of 10! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to read your feedback about Ocwen!

Original review: July 27, 2018

Our experience with Ocwen has been phenomenal. The quality of customer service experienced is exceptional. They have addressed our needs, no long wait time and you can understand the representatives.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Renee! We are delighted to read your feedback about the exceptional customer service provided by our representatives, and we appreciate the time you spent to share your experience.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Ocwen has helped me and my granddaughter so much. I have had financially troubles. I am taking care of my granddaughter. She has medical issues and with that and other things I am so thankful for their help I so not know What would have happened if it wasn’t for ocwen. Thank you So much for your help.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Vercie, for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that you're pleased with your experience working with Ocwen.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I was trying to find out information so I could avoid the bloom to see what options I had. I got an email with a payoff I got confused. I called and the lady that I talked to was very professional and answer questions that I was confused on. She also explained if I had any questions later on, "Please feel free to call." I did and she was kind enough to call me back and answer all my questions. Also stated later if I needed any help with anything again to call her back. She has been the best reliable person I've spoke with working for Ocwen along with the lady that help get me through on my restructure.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Allen, thank you for your feedback! Ocwen is here to help our customers, and we're pleased to hear our associate provided you with a positive experience. We will ensure your feedback is shared with her.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I spoke to them regarding my late mortgage payment. They were compassionate and showed empathy toward me which made me feel like my problem as well as my situation really mattered. They were professional and that mattered to me. They showed me that even though I was late they still appreciated my business.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Mamie! We are here to help our customers, and we do appreciate your business and the time you spent to share your positive experience.

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. Company Information

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.
1988