Ocwen Financial Corp.
Ocwen Financial Corp.
Call toll free
4.03/5
Based on 407 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.

West Palm Beach, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ocwen Financial Corporation (Ocwen) is one of the leading mortgage servicing companies in America. We provide caring customer service and innovative mortgage solutions that help customers save money, build equity, and most importantly stay in their homes. Through our lending affiliate, Homeward Residential, Inc. (Homeward), we help customers refinance or buy their next home with HARP, Fannie Mae, and FHA mortgage options.

2785 Ocwen Financial Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: May 15, 2018

I recently applied for an equity loan with another company, only to find out that the company could not verify the Title was "Clean" or "Clear". I reached out to Ocwen and they cleared it up for me -- yet, I'm not sure the other company was willing to accept Ocwen explanation; so, I mailed them a complete copy off the HAMP Approval and Subordinate Note that extended and Amended the original Deed/Title. After this experience, which I spent $495 for an appraisal; I would recommend anyone who was approved for a Modification Loan to check their Deed and Title to ensure it is clean and clear because apparently many companies do not want to hold more than the second lien in any property when applying for an equity loan.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Gary, for the positive feedback! We are here to help our customers and we appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I requested help with my Mortgage in 2005. I was given an adjustable rate and new 10 Year mortgage without my authorization. I have requested proof of serving rights and proof of payments. Never received. I'm in Kidney Failure and Heart Failure and they have scheduled the foreclosure sale without mediation. Help.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Robert, Ocwen takes all customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Your information has been forwarded to our Ombudsman team so they can review your account and contact you to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Ocwen Financial Corp is a predatory lender. They will manipulate the rates without your approval and increase monthly payments without knowledge. Please beware. I will never go through them or recommend them.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Lora, Ocwen takes all customer feedback very seriously and we apologize for your experience. This information has been assigned to our Ombudsman team and they will be contacting you to discuss further. Thank you.

No response received
Original review: May 4, 2018

To close out escrow/taxes - I have to wait 6 years to do this. 6 years that is too long for seniors to wait. Main object is to pay my house down and try to have extra money to live on. 6 years just too long. Just don't want house to be paid off so you can collect interest. This is just not fair for seniors. No help from anyone mortgage companies or the government...

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Sylvia, we take customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Our Ombudsman team will be in contact with you to discuss this further.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Ocwen went out of their way to help us rework our mortgage. I have a tenant who is waiting for disability and has been unable to pay--I was making payments on my own until November when I could no longer do so. Ocwen gave me time I needed to resolve my issues and helped me by lowering my interest rate and reinstating my mortgage. Thank you very much!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Thomas, for your review! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you, and we're glad we were able to help you rework your mortgage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.?

Original review: April 30, 2018

Four months in a row we paid additional principal - clearly marked on the payment stub. EVERY time we would get a statement showing that the funds were not applied to principal. Each and every time we'd have to waste an hour or so to call the representative and have the funds applied to principal. With the consistency of the error it seems intentional and with so many customers likely a lucrative mistake to make. So frustrating.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Darlene, Ocwen takes all feedback very seriously, and we sincerely apologize for the frustration you experienced.

Original review: April 30, 2018

We had wind damaged done to our dwelling due to a severe wind storm that went through our area. We need the loss check endorsed by the mortgagee. They were very friendly and fast with getting this done for us and returned so we can get a contractor to repair the damage.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Susan, for taking the time to share your positive feedback. We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear we were able to quickly process your loss draft check so you can get the needed repairs done.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I called to update contact information. I was unable to change it via the web site. I was curious as to why old phone numbers would re-appear on account. Some numbers were deleted - I never had those numbers. Interesting. Customer service rep. was polite and helpful.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Elizabeth, for taking the time to share your feedback. If there's anything further you need assistance with, please send us a private message, and our Ombudsman team will contact you.

Original review: April 24, 2018

The Customer Service Rep was very knowledgeable and extremely courteous. He was able to set up my payment by phone and answered a couple of other questions I had. I would highly recommend Ocwen to others.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Sharon, for your review and recommendation! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are happy with the service provided by our Customer Service Rep.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I love this company. They always help customers and company’s employees is very good and friendly. They help customer a lot. I had a mortgage problem and employee name was Asif. He helped me top to bottom. He supports me for my modification since last couple months. He was calling me and help me. Thanks for everything.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Sultana, thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to read your feedback about the service provided by Asif. I will be sure to share your comments with him.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I was told that some info was sent to me about furthering my Loan Mod. I never received it. Was told that it was denied. No info was sent to my attorney. I asked the rep if he can sent it again. He told me that he could only send it to my attorney. So why wasn't that done in the beginning. I could not speak to anyone until my attorney sent out an authorization that I could speak on my behalf. I sent my payments out. I asked for a letter stating that my Loan Mod trial was complete. Received it. But I could not speak on my behalf until Ocwen received the authorization. Now I'm waiting on a reversal. I wouldn't stop at send monetary payment but stop at paperwork. Need help please.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Dwayne, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss this in further detail.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Ocwen, provided fantastic, courteous, accurate financial information on my current mortgage while maintaining a complete understanding of the situation the clients are experiencing. I value their continued consideration and always will recommending Ocwen in a positive manner.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

William, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience and for your recommendation. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to read your feedback about the service provided.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I am very happy with the way Ocwen helped me keep my home and their understanding of my situation. I almost lost my home and Ocwen was willing to work with me and my situation. Currently I am working on a payment plan and hope to be back on track within a couple of months. I always had great customer service except one time with a female but everyone else was very understanding.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Anna, for your positive feedback. We are here to help our customers and we're glad to hear we were able to assist you with your situation.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Thank you for hiring the best customer service representatives. Ocwen, thank you for never making me feel intimidated, or afraid, your employees have never pass judgement or made me feel like I don't deserve my home. You guys are the BEST! Thank You.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Margie, for your positive review! We are here to help our customers, and we're delighted to read your feedback.

Original review: April 17, 2018

The customer service agent was fast, efficient, very knowledgeable, pleasant, and explained even more than what I asked. She was able to explain all aspects of my loan including the Hamp incentive and escrow fees.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Linda! It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're delighted to hear you're happy with the service provided. We will be sure to share your comments with the customer service agent you spoke with.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I only have two complaints: 1) at the end of my mortgage I have several "balloon" payments, which at this time I don't see how I can make, 2) when my principle is reduced because of good payment record, it is implied to the IRS that I have been given cash that I need to pay taxes on. Not true. I have been given no cash.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Brian, Ocwen takes customer feedback very seriously and we appreciate the opportunity to address your complaints. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review your account in detail and contact you to discuss your concerns.

Original review: April 17, 2018

My husband and I are very excited to give a great recommendation to OCWEN Financial Corporation for their outstanding service to us on our loan. They have always given us superior assistance when needed. They were able to renegotiate new loan terms for us that lowered our interest rate and enabled us to stay in our home. Thank you OCWEN Loan Servicing! If we could give more than 5 stars we would!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Cheryl, thank you for your review and recommendation! We are delighted to read your feedback on the outstanding service provided, and we're glad we were able to assist you.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I cannot say enough about the patient, knowledgeable and courteous representatives at Ocwen. When I call Ocwen, I always have my questions answered and then some. I definitely would recommend Ocwen to a friend!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Patrice, thank you for sharing your positive experience with Ocwen! We are here to help our customers, and we appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback and for the recommendation.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: April 17, 2018

Keep messing up amount due - Per our agreement dated 3/22/18 we were due to make an extra payment of ~$2800 which was due to an error by the bank in applying our original modification payment. We made that extra payment of $2800 in March along with the normal March 1 payment of $2800. We followed up with $1400 late in March for April and another $1400 in the beginning of April for April. At the point we should only owe for May 1 in the amount of ~$2800. Per Kathy, $1400 was misapplied to principal and needs to be fixed. Please confirm the above and correct the statement sent on 4/10/18 which shows amount due of $5,262.46. Again, the correct balance for due for May. Should be ~$2800.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Joseph, Ocwen takes all feedback very seriously, and we apologize for your experience. Your information has been sent to our Ombudsman team to review the payments made to your account.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Once again, we are having difficulty with Ocwen Loan Servicing. In May, 2016, they paid the escrow property insurance they had collected to the wrong company for the wrong property. We suspended payments until this problem could be rectified. It took until November, 2016 to resolve this. This was reported to the credit bureaus so our creditworthiness was adversely affected due to their mistake. Trying to resolve this additional problem was also a monumental ordeal.

Currently, we qualify to have the FHA MIP insurance requirement removed from our monthly payment liability. Federal statutes in force for mortgages prior to 2013 specify reaching 5 years or longer with the current mortgage and attaining an LTV of 78% to remove this requirement, which applies to our situation. This is also becoming yet another monumental ordeal for something that should be an automatic process. It is, therefore, my highest recommendation to AVOID this mortgage company at any cost.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Robert, we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns regarding your mortgage insurance. Your account has been assigned to our Ombudsman team to review and they will be in contact with you to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I have had issues in the past with Ocwen and having to get my loan back up to date for missed payment and had not so great customer service. However this time I called and got a woman who was very compassionate and took the time to explain everything to me. She went above and beyond in helping me get all the information needed to wire transfer my entire amount to bring my account up to date. I even had to call her back to ask a second question and she was able to recall me from earlier in the day and help me. She left me feeling like she actually cared and that I was not just a number in her day. I am very pleased with my experience.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Shannon, for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear you were pleased with the excellent service recently provided by our Customer Care representative.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Ocwen customer service representative has been very helpful to me, Especially not too pushy but instead assist to find a solution to the problem. I would gladly recommend Ocwen and definitely use them again.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Mirlaine, for your positive feedback and recommendation! We're happy to hear we were able to provide you with the assistance you needed.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I have a manufactured home on a permanent basement. The home will never be moved again. There is a process called title elimination so the original title the manufacturer used to haul it down the road can be eliminated and the home can be upgraded to real property. It's something most banks want done to enhance the value of the property. To contact Ocwen, I had to talk to several people in another country who had no idea what I was talking about. All they would give me was a fax number in the United States. A normal brick and mortar bank would understand this process and have it done quickly. Not Ocwen.

After multiple attempts and leaving a bad review, a representative from the United States called me to get the problem resolved. She is also impossible to get ahold of and ultimately my request was denied because Ocwen don't understand the process or it's been sent to the wrong people to make the decision. I have my house on the market and the buyer's bank can't pay off my home until Ocwen signs the papers. That is normal practice in the industry. I feel like I'm talking to someone from Mars when trying to explain what needs to be done. My request was denied because of ignorance to the manufactured housing loan process by Ocwen. We are about to lose the sale of this house and I will have to file lawsuit all because this is not a bank where I can talk to someone who understands this process.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Gary, Ocwen takes all customer feedback very seriously and it is our goal to make every attempt to resolve your concerns. This information has been forwarded to our Ombudsman team to review your account and contact you to discuss further. Thank you.

Original review: April 11, 2018

With early stages of Alzheimer's, I tend to forget when to make my payments. Please keep calling me like you had been. This month I have yet to get a call from you. People don't drop the damn ball. You were doing just fine. Other than that, everything else is just fine.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Armando, for taking the time to share your feedback. I have forwarded this message to our Ombudsman team so they are aware that you prefer to receive phone calls each month as a reminder.

Original review: April 10, 2018

My recent experience with customer service was a very positive experience. Not only was I given the names of agencies that I can contact for assistance. The agent was very helpful and professional.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Edna, thank you for your positive feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: April 10, 2018

My experience with Ocwen has been excellent. The agents that I’ve spoken with are very professional and courteous. They have always answered my questions and any concerns that I may have. It’s a breath of fresh air.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Keith! We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience, and we're delighted to hear about the excellent customer service you received.

Original review: April 10, 2018

My Customer Service rep was probably the best I’ve EVER had in any business transaction! She was A+++. Professional, understanding, quick, and just downright nice! She listened and was able to immediately solve my request, sending a fax to my tax accountant while I waited!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Donna, thank you for sharing your feedback about the service provided by your Customer Service rep. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we will ensure your feedback is shared with both Mary and her manager.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I was treated with utmost respect when speaking with Customer Service. All my questions were answered completely, and when I did not quite understand something, it was explained to me so that I did understand. I actually enjoyed my experience.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Teresa, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Ocwen! It is our goal to provide exceptional customer service, and we're delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Ocwen is willing to work with me to get my payments up to date. I was unable to make payments because of health issues but Ocwen was willing to work through this with me. I was afraid to speak with them because of that. I finally got the nerve to speak with a representative and it was a real relief. Just make the call and they will work with you. Thanks Ocwen!

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Jeffrey, thank you for your feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad you reached out to us for assistance.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Ocwen Loan Servicing was incorrectly notified that I had underpaid my Real Property Taxes. I was able to go the Tax payment website and print a copy showing that tax year 2017 was paid in full and $0.00 was owed. The matter was handled quickly and satisfactorily.

Ocwen Financial Corp. response

Thank you, Carol, for taking the time to share your feedback!

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc. Company Information

Ocwen Financial Corporation/Homeward Residential, Inc.
1988