Find a Mortgages partner

2. Mortgages

4.7/5 (192 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About North American Savings Bank

North American Savings Bank, often referred to as NASB, offers services like mortgage loans, refinancing and emergency lending services. North American Savings Bank was established in 1927 and has a long history of serving its community. It offers in-store services in the Kansas City area.

Pros

• Offers multiple types of mortgages
  • Nationwide online lending
  • Mortgage refinancing available

Cons

• In-person services only in Kansas City

Bottom Line

North American Savings Bank offers mortgages, refinancing services and banking solutions. It only provides in-person services in the Kansas City area, but it also offers online services.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

North American Savings Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Savings Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about North American Savings Bank?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

It takes NASB way too long to close on a simple re-fi. The last delay was waiting for a doc that was sitting in the portal for 4 months. I did refer a friend, but he couldn't get any information without first submitting a loan application. I could keep going...

North American Savings Bank response

Hi Mike, thank you for sharing your experience. While NASB strives to close every loan as quickly as possible, the holidays and pandemic has created some unavoidable delays in the mortgage process. We are sorry the experience took longer than expected. The documents such as paystubs, statements etc. are required for final approval.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

Rick was very responsive throughout the refi process. Whenever we had a question, Rick responded very quickly and thoroughly. The refi took over 3 months but it finally got completed. Rick did tell us ahead of time that the refi was going to take longer than normal due to high volume. Overall very satisfied...so far.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Sam. We are glad Rick was able to meet your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

I would definitely deal with Bob again. I couldn’t have asked for a better partner in refinancing my loan. He was always there and really good about explaining every detail of the process to me. His rate was the best I found.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Phillip. We are glad NASB could assist you with your refinance, and that enjoyed working with Bob. We appreciate your feedback and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

Jansin was great with customer service. She always called me and kept me in the loop. She made sure that I was informed about all paperwork that she needed which I got to her immediately. I appreciate her good customer service and I have recommended her to other people and I will continue to. She’s a great loan rep and she should be commended by her employer!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Ronald. We are glad Jansin was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

It took a number of months to complete, but that was all explained upfront. The interest rate was locked so it really did not matter. Jeremy was very helpful and kept us update along the way. His assistants were also helpful in complete needed information.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Ron. We are glad Jeremy was able to exceed your expectations and assist with your refinance. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Bob and team are great to work with! Their web portal makes it easy to keep track of documents and requests as you move through the refi process. They keep you updated and are proactive in getting missing items. Closing was convenient and done at home.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Yannick. We appreciate your review and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Thank you to Adam ** and NASB for providing the home loan for our house. Our lender worked with us by providing the tools needed to get qualified for a home loan, made each transition of the loan process smooth, and kept us up to date throughout the entire process. We would definitely recommend Adam and NASB to others.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Matthew. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB and Adam. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

We were extremely happy with our mortgage refinance experience with NASB. Joey was awesome to work with; he was very clear in what documents/information was needed and responded to our e-mails and phone calls same business day. This was our second experience with NASB and Joey and we will definitely recommend them.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Carolyn. We are glad NASB could assist you with your refinance, and that you enjoyed working with Joey. We appreciate your feedback and hope to work with you again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

This is the second on line mortgage I have obtained with NASB. Their rates were as low as any I could find. Brian and his team at NASB made my mortgage refinance about as simple and painless as possible. I found their on-line portal for reviewing and signing documents easy to navigate.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Robert. We are glad NASB could assist you with your home loan. We appreciate your review and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

We had a great experience refinancing with NASB. Our loan officer Alex ** is a fantastic professional -- he explained the process and timelines clearly and thoroughly and his loan estimate was right on the money. The processing and underwriting team was easy to work with, very friendly, and right on time with everything needed to close. Even the notary they used was great! The rate and fees they offered were better than anyone else we looked into, so the excellent customer service experience they provided was really a fantastic bonus. Very highly recommend Alex and the whole NASB team for your mortgage needs.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Eric. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB and Alex. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we appreciate your review and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Kurt was an excellent guide to helping me refinance my house! His explanations made the process easy and he made the process very smooth! I didn't have any back and for with the underwriting because everything was so clear thanks to Kurt. I would definitely recommend NASB to my friends. Actually, I already have begun giving out Kurt's name as a reference! Thank you

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Emmanuel. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB and Kurt. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

The loan officer failed in his duties to explain all issues on the loan. The bank took 8000 of my escrow money and applied it to the loan without my permission. Once the problem was identified they did nothing to correct the issue.

North American Savings Bank response

Anthony, thank you for sharing your concerns with us. During the loan process, escrow application is communicated by the loan officer via email and within all the disclosure and closing documents. We certainly understand your frustration, and we work diligently to be clear in our communications, answer questions and provide all documents and disclosures in a timely manner so the borrower has enough time to review, and we can address any potential questions about the documentation. If we don’t hear back from the borrower, we assume the documents accurately reflect the borrower’s expectations. As shown in the loan disclosures, the escrow funds were used to reduce the amount of the new loan.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Alex ** did an amazing job helping us with our loan. The experience was very positive. Communication is key for our family and NASB responded to all of our questions with patience and positivity. Would highly recommend NASB and Alex ** to family and friends.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Jennifer. We are glad Alex was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Was good other than timeline and misunderstood quote. Was quoted a very competitive quote through Costco system and early in the process learned that quote was not as competitive as we had thought given the expense of that type of loan in the quote.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Eaton, for leaving us a review. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. Your feedback is important to us, and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Jason ** did an excellent job with the refinance. He did just a great job explaining everything, was very quick to respond to my questions, and was helpful all around. I’ve been through home financing with a few banks, and this by far was the simplest process. My only concern for the future is alerting the customer beforehand about third party vendors that you contract out. The one credit inquiry group called and I was unsure if it was a scam or not. Thankfully I contacted Jason and he quickly confirmed that they were a legitimate third party vendor.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Andrew. We are glad Jason was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

My loan guy Kory ** was great, answered all my questions quickly and correctly. All his estimations were right on point! I would highly recommend him to anyone considering a REFI. He was available by phone and by email, never ever had to wait to hear back from him. He was very reassuring through the entire process.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Paula. We are glad Kory was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Communication was excellent, and everything went very smoothly. Turn around with communications were typically within minutes, and we are very happy overall with the experience. Marc and his team always made us feel heard, and we were more than happy to help in securing docs in a timely fashion.Thanks!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Adam. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB and Marc. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Our rep Jenna always made herself available for questions and kept us updated on the progress of our refinance. Closing went as expected and on schedule with our rep dealing with the escrow company and arranging the notary. NASB portal was great for easy document uploads and disclosure delivery.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Rebecca. We appreciate your review and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Brett ** was extremely helpful and responsive throughout the entire process. We had a unique situation with us living in Canada and trying to refinance properties in Minnesota and Michigan. We ran into some roadblocks that Brett was able to navigate and find solutions. The overall process took longer than I expected, but Brett was honest about where we were in the process and quick to provide updates whenever I asked. That level of customer service prevented me from getting frustrated or discouraged along the way and was actually one of the main reasons we chose to refinance with NASB to begin with.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Patrick. We are glad NASB could assist you with your refinance, and that you enjoyed working with Brett. We appreciate your feedback and hope to work with you again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Anthony constantly communicated with us all the way through the refinancing process which was key to providing a 5 out of 5 star service. He answered all questions ASAP and even on weekends. We highly recommend this banks services. Thanks again Anthony!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Kenneth. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about Anthony. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Communication was fine, but not a lot of heads up on the closing timeframe. But very responsive to email and questions. Not a lot of drama and glad to work with NASB and Lauren N again! The rate was fantastic and couldn’t find anything better than what they provided.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Kevin. We appreciate your review and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Jason was always helpful and knowledgeable throughout the whole refinance process. He also helped me get the best rate and lender credit I wanted. Jason is also attentive with quick email communications. I have and will continue recommending him to friends!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Steven. We are glad Jason was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I am happy with my refinance with NASB. I received great rates and wonderful service. They delivered on everything they promised and then some. The communication all throughout the process was wonderful. I am happy to recommend Jeff and NASB to anyone for refinancing.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Niraj. We are glad NASB could assist you with your refinance. We appreciate your feedback and hope to work with you again in the future!

Resolution response: Feb. 16, 2021

Just an excellent team!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

By far the best mortgage lender in the KC metro area. Definitely recommend Kyle ** and the NASB Alderman group for any mortgage needs. I would recommend them to all my friends and family! Kyle and his team went above and beyond to make our experience the best possible.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Sandra. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB and Kyle. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Anthony did a super job through the whole process. Very responsive and easy to get a hold of. Always had an interest for any question and with respond immediately. Consistent follow-up to make sure I had all my questions answered or if I need anything.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Roger. We are glad Anthony was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

We had a great experience with NASB and more specifically Warren. He went above and beyond to ensure we were happy with our rate and made the entire process seamless. We are very happy that we chose NASB as our lender.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Jocelyn. We are glad NASB could assist you with your refinance and that you enjoyed working with Warren. We appreciate your feedback and hope to work with you again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

This is experience was nerve racking at first but with all my questions being answered and being reassured everything went well. Every email was answered within an appropriate amount of time or we were directed to where to find what was needed.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Jessica. We appreciate your review and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

We recently did refinancing of a couple of our investment properties with NASB. These guys are very professional. Though we were caught in the tsunami of refinancing applications, they kept well informed and finally drove the transaction to successful completion. Was indeed a pleasure doing business. Thank you!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Nikhil. We appreciate your review and are happy we could be of service!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Had a great refi experience with Kurt ** at NASB. Kurt let me know every week how far along in the queue we were for getting to underwriting, and the loan closed almost to the day from when he said it should in the beginning, so expectations were managed really well. The back and forth with the underwriter for paperwork was minimal, and communication with Kurt was always returned promptly and in a very helpful manner. Great experience all around!

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Gideon. We are glad Kurt was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Brian was very knowledgeable and had quick response times. NASB is absolutely fantastic! It’s great that NASB closing costs were so much less than all the competitors. I’m so glad I got a Costco membership, thanks Brian and everyone at NASB.

North American Savings Bank response

Thank you, Brian. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about NASB and Brian. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

North American Savings Bank Company Information