2. Mortgages
  3. VA Loans

4.7/5 (485 ratings)

About NewDay USA

For more than 20 years, NewDay USA has provided VA-guaranteed home loans and refinancing options to residents of 43 states. The company prioritizes relationships with veterans and their families and strives to create a positive financial experience with each customer.

Pros

• Flexible loan terms
  • Offers refinancing services
  • Connects veterans with veterans

Cons

• No online applications
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

NewDay USA is a trusted mortgage lender for veterans and their families. The company offers FHA loans and VA loans in 43 states. It also provides refinancing options.

NewDay USA Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA (NMLS # 1043)?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I appreciate the .5% rate reduction. I just wish that the same percentage rate could have been provided so that I could have added my son to the mortgage and title at close as I have medical issues T&P (S&K VA comp&pen) and having my son as a listed co-owner could be crucial. But was only able to get the reduction with same everything else. Also the Refi was done at 30 years instead of at the 23 years I currently have on the Refi. So time was able to be increased, meaning 7 additional years of interest that may, with the added on closing costs, have actually negated all the benefits of the Refi.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Your refi process was excellent from start to finish with a great interest rate! Representative was knowledgeable, courteous, and responsive! Quick turn around times and approval! Efficient means for requesting and receiving information! Prompt, convenient, and professional closing. Will recommend you to friends and associates.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Jason ** was very professional and extremely helpful. He effectively answered every question we had. He was very prompt when responding to phone calls. Each question was answered personally or Jason, if needed, sought out a person who could provide the answer.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Experience was great no difficulty whatsoever, special thanks to Temi **​ Vice President ‑ Loan Origination. It was a little confusing when the loan was reassigned but the results were completely satisfactory. It was somewhat difficult to reach a representative by phone however, I left a message to return my call, The representative returned my call within the hour because of understandable high call volume. I am completely satisfied with my loan and those who made it possible. Thank you so much!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

The process was quick and smooth. I only had a few minor glitches and we worked them out! I didn’t like the process used to pay off my creditors. However, communication with Dylan ** was very helpful in understanding the way that NewDay worked!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Courtland ** provided excellent guidance throughout the entirety of the process and answered all of our questions expediently (even after hours). He was respectful, knowledgeable, patient and courteous at all times and made me feel at ease to do business with New Day. I am 100% satisfied with his service and that of Cheyenne **, whose detailed customer service was also very appreciated. Your team without question, went above and beyond to assist me and I will refer New Day to my friends and family going forward without hesitation. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Just want to give a shout out to Mr. Andrew **. He made this the easiest loan I have ever dealt with. He kept me up to date and informed about everything. Would highly recommend NewDay to any and all military and veterans.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Our account executive, Dawit **, was awesome! He was very professional and walked us through the process to make it easy for us! Thank you very much! Our old mortgage was paid off quickly and we received our cash out balance within days of closing.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

My wife & I just completed a refinance with New Day USA. The experience could not have been better! It was especially enjoyable because of our account executive, Alexis **. She was very professional & saw to it that we were always on schedule. I would highly recommend New Day USA to anyone looking to do a refinance!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Would recommend to a friend. Everyone was professional, courteous and patient. They were on top of all info. Kyle was our account rep., he was extremely professional and patient when completing the online document, which took some time to process. Had some trouble with our computer, but he stayed late and worked with us. Thanks for your service!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Was handled in a very professional way. Blaise ** did a terrific job keeping me informed each step of the way. Job well done. Being a Navy Vet, I am so glad I switched to a VA Loan. Thanks again for everyone's help ....

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I am 78 years old and have owned and refinanced many homes in my lifetime with a number of different companies. My experience with New Day has been the best of them all. In particular, having a free (to me) professional assessment of the value of my home at the beginning of the process removes the uncertainty throughout the process of the real value of the property - this is the first time this free appraisal has been offered to me and it made the process much more comfortable and efficient. In addition, my agent at the company was always responsive within a day (not so with many other companies) and his responses were on target every time. Congratulations to New Day for such a user friendly process.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Sam ** your rep walked me through the process and represented New Day USA in an excellent manner. Felt the closing costs were high and didn't like paying points. Closing went well with the closing agent. Very professional. All monies were distributed as agreed. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Get Service Friendly Staff. thank you so much for the program that you offer to Service Members and Veterans!!!! Your Staff walked me through the process seamlessly and made me feel really comfortable! I'm proud to be part of the New Day Family now!!!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Colson ** needs to be retrained. Most of the communication felt like a chore because Colson struggled to answer a lot of my questions and concerns regarding the process. Retraining is recommended. I am not confident with my decision based on my experience.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I wanted to recognize Brad’s full attention to our request to refinance our mortgage and give us more information than we expected. He went through all the program offerings and assisted us with paying off some of our higher debts while still providing us with funds for a kitchen remodel which will improve the overall equity of our home. He was responsive to all our concerns and made us feel comfortable throughout the process.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

That was my first question. Do you post the bad reviews also, because I can not you have such high ratings. I thought I found an institution I could trust, because a high ranking military person was a founding member. They did not give me all the facts. I got a flyer from them most everyday. "Get a better interest rate and take out pretty large sum of money to do with it what I wanted to use it for " do updates to my home, go on a vacation, buy a new car, etc...". They did not tell me I had to have every penny I owed to anyone. My loan officer did not let me know this, I thought I was going to get a lower interest rate and get about $40,000 to $45,000 to use it on what I wanted spend it on. My loan officer did not tell me whole story and just omitted what I told him whated. Instead he just consolidated a couple of other loans. My loan was only for $190,000 and my house appraised at $245.000.

I definitely think he should have told me what he was going to do with my money. They were a small personal loan and a USAA credit card that goes up and down like a yo-yo, but I use it for everything and then I pay it off. I get points that I can use it buy gift cards for what I want. Restaurants, Lowes a lot of Lowes!!! This is not an insult, just the horrible experience I had and I will never use this company again.

NewDay USA response

We appreciate your feedback. Our goal is to provide our customers excellent service and we welcome feedback that could help us enhance that experience. A manager will be reaching out shortly to discuss your concerns in more detail. If you have any additional questions please email customerservice@newdayusa.com. Thank you for choosing NewDay USA for your home loan needs.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Both Sarah and Kevin gave great service. From start to finish it only took about a month. Never had any problems getting ahold of either one of them and they had no problems answering my questions. They were very professional.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

New Day from beginning to end has always been there to answer our questions and concerns. Never left us holding on or waiting for answers to our questions and concerns. New day was so easy and fast. They took care of everything. Just send the requested paperwork and you're almost done but signing.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

The process of my refinancing was very smooth and efficient. Very well handled and managed by Warren ** and all of the people I had contact with at NewDay. Warren did a great job of explaining all of my options and keeping the process running smoothly. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I am very pleased how everything was accomplished with the refinance. Everything was done in a quick, and very good manner. I would definitely refer you to other people I know. NewDay is a very competent business. Thank You.

Sharon **

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

We had the pleasure of working with Jared **. He was very professional, respectful and easy to work with. He made our experience stress less and enjoyable with the results we were looking for he made happen. Jared is a true credit to his profession and we would definitely work with him again!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Prompt, efficient, accurate and responsive. NewDay’s agent, Dawit **, was our single point of contact throughout and provided impeccable service. He coordinated all facets of the process, within and beyond NewDay, ensuring a very smooth transaction. When a minor problem arose with an outside group, he was on top of the issue and shepherded the solution to completion. We could not be happier.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

The staff at New Day were extremely helpful in the whole process of buying my home. Would recommend to any veteran who is looking to buy a home. The staff is very knowledgeable in all the ins and outs of the home buying experience.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

Jackson was on top of everything that needed to be done in order to complete the refinance, and everything went as smooth as silk. All of my expectations were met and then some, now I can focus on other financial goals.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

A very positive experience from start to finish. Lisa and Marshal are professionals and very knowledgeable in what they do. I almost went with my original lender but after talking to New Day USA it was an easy decision. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

Contacted NewDayUSA to refinance our second home. Was informed that we couldn't use a VA loan to finance our SECOND home, but NEWDAY came up with the idea to refinance our primary residence AND use the equity in our home to PAYOFF our second home. Problem solved. We both asked "How come we couldn't come up with this idea?" ReFi through NewDayUSA couldn't have been easier. Highly recommended!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

From our first phone call to NewDay until our loan closing 2 days ago our experience with New Day was excellent. Kyle **, our loan originator and Brittany **, our processor were terrific. They were both knowledgeable, very helpful and so respectful. They answered our questions and explained details in an understandable manner - even over the week ends! So not only did we get a great loan, but we were helped by extremely competent professionals. New Day should be very proud of the topnotch employees you have in Kyle and Brittany. Thank you. Ed ** and Barbara **.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

This was our 2nd re-fi with NewDay, which in itself is a major recommendation. Our agent (Ben **] was excellent. He was thorough, efficient, communicative, responsive and clearly knew his stuff. He made every issue disappear and accommodated our every need. I can't emphasize enough what a pleasure it is to work with such a professional. Thank you SO much, Ben. The Entire team was excellent.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

Generally, I'm happy with the experience but long distance through emails and telephone are a bit of disappointment but still, you provide a good service. Too many offices within the organization and apparent confusion within those offices. For me, my loan number had the woman in GA that I was given to call, couldn't find the loan number in her records and it didn't correspond to the numbers that her office handled, so we're waiting for the possibility that the documents will be routed to her's or I'll be notified of another office to contact.

NewDay USA Company Information