Call toll free
4.23/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For Veterans, by Veterans, NewDay USA provides VA-guaranteed home loans and refinancing options.

NewDay USA assists Veterans with lowering their current rate to put money back in your pocket each month. The NewDay VA Streamline Refi helps Veterans with a VA mortgage save an average of $2000 every year.

Need cash? The NewDay 100 VA loan allows you to refinance up to 100% of your home's value including mortgage balance.

Looking to buy a home? With Zero-Down VA Home Loan, NewDay USA helps Veterans, like you, get the home you deserve with no down payment.

NewDay USA offers personal loan officers that help you through the entire process.

© NewDayUSA is a registered trade name of New Day Financial, LLC. NMLS ID No. 1043.

NewDay USA (NMLS # 1043) Gallery (2)
View More View More

NewDay USA Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

In the beginning everything was going smoothly but after 25 to 30 days into it I wasn't so sure I wanted to finish the loan but we invested too much time to back out. A lot of problems getting to closing including getting a pay off from my current mortgage company. Ending up having to do it myself and weeks past the original scheduled closing. This was because either it wasn't requested or it fell through the crack. I ended having to be very proactive in getting information or getting stuff for the closing. Lack of updates by the loan office either emails or returning calls. Closing documents were delayed being sent to title company. So it was delayed, I worked for a WFHM doing closings and this one was not a smooth process.

Originally we were told my income only, even though we tried to send my wife's as well so there wouldn't be no problems in getting approved. We weren't told until 30 days into the process that it was needed. It was a VA refinance so it should have gone a little smoother. But from start to finish it was a chore and had to be the one requesting information, documents or sending in additional documents. My only recommendation in doing a loan would to anyone else would to be ready to stay on top of the process from start to finish. Three stars was the lowest I could go because I was satisfied but not completely maybe 2.5 stars.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

We purchased an over-55 Condo and were required to pay Mortgage Insurance of $2250 monthly. After two years we decided to refi our conventional mortgage and try a VA loan. This was our first experience with VA, although I have qualified since 1964. The process was slow and we were not pleased with the rate; however weighing the fact that the MGI would disappear we went for the new mortgage. Our rate changed from 4.75 to 4.6. Not much but here we are.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

We were very pleased with Mr. ** (New Day representative) concern for our well being and concern during the whole process. He was available to us at all times and answered our questions and concerns. He was great. I was very pleased with the whole process. The Notary was also very good and went through the paperwork and explained things great.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

We had a very good experience going through the mortgage process and documentation requirements. We were always notified of the progress and additional documentation effectively and the process was completed in a timely manner. Will highly recommend NewDay USA to other Veterans. Cole is an excellent Account Executive. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

This is to all Veteran "PLEASE!!!" "PLEASE!!!!" Do not believe all these positive reviews about Newdayusa. This business is a "SCAM!!!!". This company tells you one thing and do another. I'm saying this from recent experience. They will do anything you want at the beginning but as the process continues everything changes. My consultant was Kristen **. I was supposedly good for a $330,000 loan which I told her I don't need that much. So when they came and appraised my new home it was appraised way over what I bought the house for. Kristen ** called me the next day and told me we couldn't go thru with the loan. And I asked why, she said something about the equity and I said let's try something else and she said OK.

So I called the lady who did my appraisal and asked what my home appraised for and she told and it was great. So I told Kristen the appraiser said she could call her. Kristen wouldn't call her so she trying calling Kristen ** and she would not answer her ???. And every time I trying calling her after she called and said we couldn't go thru with the loan she wouldn't answer any of my calls, texts or my email. But had the audacity to send me a letter telling she's sorry that I canceled going thru with the loan, which was a lie. She was trying to cover her butt by sending me the letter. So I gave them a nasty review on one of the web page. All this just happened last month.

As you read those positive reviews they pretty much saying the same thing. I believe they are having people from their business write positive reviews to make it seem like they are a top notch business. Plus some of the positive reviews on one website have the same positive reviews posted twice. Disregard what you hear or see on television, read about Newdayusa because it's a lie. They are not Veteran friendly at all. With them it's all about the money and how money they can get out of you. Because every figure they throw at you are high especially their closing costs. I'm just being honest here. "I WOULD NEVER EVER RECOMMEND THIS BUSINESS TO ANYBODY!!!!"

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NewDay USA (NMLS # 1043)?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

This was a great opportunity for me to refinance my mortgage at a lower rate as well as take out additional funds for needed upgrades on my home. The process was easy and thorough. Any questions I had were fully explained. I would recommend this opportunity to other service members.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

The people that I worked with in getting this transaction done was very helpful all the way from start to completion. My "thank you" to each of them. I truly do like the speed and thoroughness at which the transaction was done. I liked the online electronic form processing as well.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

Experience was good overall but validating work experience was difficult. Especially for people with multiple governmental assignments. David ** was very honest and accurate, he seems to be a great asset to your company. Would be happy to recommend New Day USA to all of my friends and family members as well as other veterans.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I really liked working with Mr. **. He was professional from beginning to end. He gave me the impression that he knew his business. There was a moment when I got cold feet and almost backed out of the deal. Now that all is completed I'm really glad we saw it through. I think he represented New Day very well.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

My experience with NewDay was outstanding. This rating I attribute to my Account Manager, Cody Jeremiah **. From my first contact with him until the end of my loan process, Mr. ** guided me through the process in a professional, helpful manner. It was a pleasure to work with him on this project. I thank NewDay for being here when I needed them.

Thomas